Speaker 1: Stephen Presley from app thunder Pop TV joins us to talk movies Hollywood. Steven's got a theory and everybody loves one of Steven's theories. That's coming up in a bit, But let's start out with some kind of big news for James Bond fans and that there's going to be a new director that could affect casting, that could affect a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Actually, who is it and what are they about? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Amazon MGM has made it official that Dennis Villenueve is going to be directing the next James Bond movie. So now that we know that, what does that tell us about James Bond. About the next James Bond movie that there's been all the speculation about one is everybody online wants Henry Cavill to play James Bond or he was the lead leading candidate in the poll they took. But with dennisville Vellenueve, he does he's a much more gritty approach. And one of the criticisms, of course, about him being picked. Of course, everybody's always gonna have something to say both negative and positive once they picked the guy. But with him, he tends to be a lot more longer and drawn out with his movies. Some people even accuse him of being boring now at the at the same time, he's critically acclaimed, wins lots of awards. He makes these thought provoking sci fi movies like Dune, the Dune remake Doune two Hally acclaim, but worried about what he'll do with James Bond. Will it be more of an artsy yet gritty but less action James Bond. That's the criticism, and also his casting might not be Henry Cavill friendly. I could see him going more in the direction of someone like Tom Hardy, who's a little more gritty and more grounded.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love Tom Hardy, but you know, think about who he's given. Who's given those awards to him, A bunch of film snobs, right, Yeah, Jams Bond, that's popcorn movie, right, That's what it is. That's a blockbuster movie. It's like a Tom Cruise movie. And you don't need to be artsy fartsy with James Bond, just be cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think it needs a new perspective. I think it's successful the way that it is, so keep that going. Can you imagine if Henry Cavill gets James Bond, and then he has been Superman, Superman and James Bond.
Speaker 5: That's amazing, the heck of a resume, right, It wasn't some of the rub for quite a while while that the James Bond franchise was struggling because it was built on Cold War type scaring stuff, especially with Russia, right and well, you know, I hate to tell you, but the Cold War's pretty much on again, right yeah, yeah, well in many many places, so that that may be strong for that that whole series.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Steven, have you heard any more information about whether or not Idris Elba is still in the running for James Bond, Because he's got my vote for.
Speaker 3: Sure, I sure hope. So I'd love to see that. I think it would be an interesting direction to go. He was number two, I think, behind Cavell by the way, so not too far behind. Yeah, I've loved his work. I've loved his work in the past, so be interesting to see.
Speaker 1: Is there a like, what's the when would someone age out of being James Bond? Is interest getting close? That's when I'm out wondering, you know, if he doesn't get it. This time, then he's going to be too old after the make four or five films with the new guy, is he going to be too old to be James Bond?
Speaker 3: I think it depends on the actor. I mean, you remember Sean Connery. He left and then he came back and did it like much later, and Sean Connery as an old guy was still pretty badass.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, let's talk about a movie that came out this week. It's in theaters now. In Factrician and I are seeing it later today. We are going at two o'clock to see F one, the movie The Stars Brad Pitt. There's a free event at the Domain this weekend, right, it's going on Saturday.
Speaker 3: It's going on actually the it's gonna be from two to eight on the twenty eighth, June twenty eighth, so that.
Speaker 2: Saturday, Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So from two to eight pm at the Domain, they're going to have a red Bull racing simulator event and you can go for free. You don't even have to have a ticket for the movie. Go to the Domain, I pick and you can participate and play these these the simulator games. And yeah, which is F one F one deal.
Speaker 1: He has ever been in like any type of real life simulator, whether it's a car or an airplane or anything. I'd love to I got to do it, and it was in an airplane one and a jet. So my cousin's son was graduating from flight school down in Kingsville, and we went down there for us graduation and he took us into the Naval flight simulator and actually got to sit in the simulator and try to fly the aircraft onto an aircraft carrier. And of course we failed.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: It felt you really, really really felt and all your senses were activated that you were really in that airplan.
Speaker 2: It was so so so cool.
Speaker 4: Like you could feel like the lift and that oh yeah, of course it's totally thrown out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the sounds of it.
Speaker 1: And then you've got alarms going off and you got to had an engine catch on fire and I had exting. I had to extinguish that. Oh wow, that was pretty much top gun Maverick.
Speaker 3: You guys, they gave you a cost like a suit you had.
Speaker 2: We were in there just are shorts and flip flops. They wouldn't have a helmet big enough.
Speaker 6: Unsafe.
Speaker 2: Those pilots are usually smaller guys, aren't they. I think that I think the cap TB is six to one. I think that. I think, Yeah, it can only be so big.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're sad is you're so wide, Your shoulders are so wide.
Speaker 6: You could just be stuffed down in that cockpit.
Speaker 2: They just have to take the top off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you have to have a convertible jet.
Speaker 1: First ever convertible jet. Uh, well the movie, have you got you? I heard much buzz on F one I'm really looking for I'm not even big F one fan, but I love Ford versus Ferrari. I feel like it's kind of the same, same ballpark. Yeah, they've heard some different things.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: The action and this movie is is you know amazing? Watching the racing in this movie is gonna be amazing and something it would be ideal to see on maybe the IMAX to get that sound, the sounds of the motors, the crunching down of Brad Pitt's munching while he eats. Seeing that on the you know, the big iMX screen could have a new impact.
Speaker 4: Don't let Brad Pitt be eating something while he's driving that car at one hundred and eighty miles an hour. That might do me in that might be too much sexiness, too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then put him in a uniform at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: What's the I mean, I know it's an F one movie, but what's the story. Is he an older driver coming back or what is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's an older driver kind of the end of his run, kind of trying the last bit of glory, much like Aaron Rodgers in the n f L.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that one last go.
Speaker 3: He's got another chance to but this time as an F one driver to make it kind of interesting the story. What I'm hearing a lot of the reviews I'm hearing is that it's the downside, the negative could be a little predictable, Like it's like, oh, we've seen this formula before. They made a Rocky movie where one of the last Rocky movies he made was like he was coming back out of retirement doing that last bit of fight. But that it's also very entertaining and it's just fine that it's a little predictable and that it's good popcorn entertainment. Yeah, people are still going to enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I'm there for it. I'm looking forward to it. We're gonna see it today.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's talk about You know, one thing, when you're raising kids, the last thing you want to do is get a phone call from your preschool teacher find out your kid's a bier. Right, Our daughter bit somebody in preschool. Yeah, she met someone pretty good in preschool.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. I can't remember yours.
Speaker 3: Two we had we were a bit and we were we were biting, so sides of.
Speaker 2: The jb'd you have a bier? Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, I'm sure there was a bier in my school. I'm sure there was. I'm trying to can't think of one off. She's more of a tornado attack.
Speaker 2: Swinging. Yeah, very spider Monkey.
Speaker 1: Is Tasmanian devilish right, coming right after you. But the dude from Cobra Kai, the sweep the leg Johnny guy who no one knows his real name except Steven.
Speaker 2: He's being accused of biting his co star.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, Martin Cove, by the way, it is his name. Yeah, aka John Creese who played John Creste going far as far back as the early eighties Karate Kid movies and came back to do the Cobra Kai series. And he was at a fan event and he was decked out in his John Crease Cobra Kai track suit, and he his co star from the Cobra Kai series, accused him of biting her at the event. So apparently he comes Allegedly he comes up and he grabs her and bites her on the arm, much like a snake, Like a cobra snake would bite it would it would bite its victim. And if you saw, you know, Martin Cove on the Cobra Kai series was unhinged. He took this character to another level and made me wonder, is he still in his character character's head?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I saw that. I saw the clip just recently. I mean, this just went down.
Speaker 5: But she was ripping him a new one, yeah, in front of everybody, and he was apologizing he took it too far. He was saying it was playful, goofing around. He took it too far, and she would not stop. I mean, you know, I'm I'm assuming she's in the right on this deal. But she was like, what in your eighty year old brain made you think that this was okay?
Speaker 6: Like, yeah, just right there on the red carpet.
Speaker 5: In front of everybody. I don't know what the setting was, You couldn't see everything.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: It was a fan event, like you said, man convention, like an outdoor it was outdoor convention. It's like a fan cam.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But you know, typically with things like this, this is not the first time. She had just had enough probably yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're right, he bit her before.
Speaker 6: That's not the first attack.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you a quick story what my brady older sister did when we were kids, Like we would be messing around, or she'd be mad at me or something, and she would bite her own arm right, leave the teeth marks and then run and tell my parents that I have classic sister, classic sister. May Did they pull that one on you too?
Speaker 5: Yeah, a little self inflected injury, run like us easy fornsically proven false or right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel like that's right there.
Speaker 1: I mean, what are you gonna do look at each kid's teeth to determine who's bite it is?
Speaker 5: Yeah, having both bite into a cantelope and compare something.
Speaker 2: Here you go.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a good weekend for movies and stuff, So get up and coming up, we're gonna continue with Steven and talk about the problems with brother from another mother. The Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson. Thing that's been filming in Austin. There are problems and we're going to talk about how Madonna doesn't know how to act and it gets called out for it. Stick around more with Steven Presley. Follow him on Instagram at thunder Pop TV. Also on YouTube at thunder pop TV. More coming up, It's the JV and Sandy Show. You can listen online at one O three to one Austin dot com. Stephen Presley joins us. Find him on Instagram at thunder pop TV. Same thing on YouTube. Let's talk about this. The whole thing with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson has been a big deal in Austin.
Speaker 2: Brother from Another Mother.
Speaker 1: People have seen him film in and around town and they're not filming anymore.
Speaker 2: They got problems. Yeah, productions halted. It was just about a month ago.
Speaker 3: I saw them filming over at Top Notch one morning and they had looks like a runner went down the street to get smoothies for Matthew and Woody or at the Juice Land. But yeah, so anyway, they apparently have halted production and the showrunner that had been working on the show has left it has departed the show, and apparently they're looking to rehire hire a new showrunner rather so, Yeah, the apparently the problem is has been a creative differences and how to end the show, how to wrap it up. My theory is, you know, the whole thing about them has been that are they brothers in real life? Like are they actually biological brothers? And they kind of tease that out in you know, in the media, it's kind of a hahaha, we could actually be brothers because of this scenario. So I'm wondering if maybe that there was some creative differences because maybe Apple wants them to actually do the DNA test on the show to determine if they're brothers, and maybe they don't want that out there officially. They want to keep it more of a mystery because there's a lot of there's a lot of you know, it's more interesting to not answer the question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I feel like they would have worked that out at the beginning though, right, he's ready to shoot aim.
Speaker 5: They got together, got stoned and just it started happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they're like and then it was like the toothpaste was out of the tube and they can't get it back in right, and now someone's calling them out and wants to know for real.
Speaker 2: I ain't don't need to know for real, it's just a TV show. I don't do that.
Speaker 5: I don't think they knew the outcome going in, because I know what he's brother from cycling. In fact, i'll probably se him later today. And he said, I legit don't know if he's my half brother. Wow, that's so weird, weird. I was like, come on, you're kidding. He goes, no, I have no clue.
Speaker 1: Wow, you mentioned smooth And it reminded me of an interview I saw recently, and I can't remember who the actor was, but they were doing a film and it was a military film and they had these real life Delta Force and Seal instructors that were consulting the film, right, and so these guys were putting them through some training and workouts and it was weapons training, and all of a sudden, there were three actors that were getting the training from these instructors, and one of the show runners or whoever, comes walking out to them carrying banana smoothies, and all of them were like, oh my god, this is going to be bad because we've got these these freaking Special Forces guys teaching us stuff, and we looked like total wieners because we're getting bananas.
Speaker 4: From delivered right delivered to us while they're hanging upside down being well a sported or something.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly, very funny. Okay, So let's talk about Madonna and not knowing how to.
Speaker 3: Behave Yeah, Anthony Ramos from the from Hamilton, he was out promoting. He's in a new Disney Plus series from Marvel, and he was out promoting. He called out Madonna. Said years ago, when he was in the Hamilton production, Madonna was in the audience, he saw her on her iPad through the whole performance. She Oh, I thought that was a little.
Speaker 5: Weird, especially an entertainer because you know, you know, I know she's done some acting, but you know, musicians, artists are struggling with that people being on devices the whole time. They want them to stop and experience it. So that's even more surprising.
Speaker 4: And your Madonna, But are you surprised because it's Madonna, Like that doesn't shock me at all.
Speaker 6: I would expect that from her, and.
Speaker 5: It has always been the queen of getting in the headlines. Yeah, that was always her amazing skill. She could get headlines anytime she wanted, and maybe she just kind of lost that craft and that's all she could come up with.
Speaker 6: That's a pretty lame, Like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, did you ever see what's the name of the new show with him in it?
Speaker 3: So it's it's The Fantastic for iron Heart on TV. This is Reteat for TV. Oh yeah, it's kind of a spin off of Iron Man. So it's a female that's now the iron character for Marvel. They call her iron Heart and she's a college age you know, kid that has the suit and does all the Iron Man things.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: One of the things people that have defended Madonna about that. But the thing with the Hamilton have said maybe she had the playbill digitally on her iPad and she was.
Speaker 1: They would not, right, No, And you don't go to a musical and scan a QR code on your phone or iPad to see the play bell because no one wants their phones in there, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: A lot of the times they make you, they remind you, just like they're doing movie theaters, to put your phone away, to not have your device out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's annoying.
Speaker 6: Well, that's annoying.
Speaker 1: They're right though, Tricia doesn't really surprise me. It's Madonna, right, Steven, thanks for joining us man, We appreciate it. You can find him on Instagram at thunder Pop TV. YouTube is the same handle Austin Dady Station one O three point one. Well, it's June in Central Texas. Time to be outside, and you know it's going to be hot. Those triple digit temperatures they're coming. The kids are out of school, their summer camp, family vacations. You got way too much going on to worry about your roof. That's why I am really thankful for my friends Scott and Stacy Feller and their.
Speaker 2: Team at Kingaroof Kangaroof.
Speaker 1: They're just great. That's all I can tell you about it. They take care of all my roof he needs. They've done it for years. For me, it's just peace of mind knowing that Kangaroof is going to take care of things for you. You know, your roof matters. It's your largest investment in this time of year. A quality roof helps your Central Texas energy bills stay in check. No matter what your situation, you can trust Scott and Stacy to shoot that's right with you, and they'll stand behind their work and only recommend what is best for you. Kangaroof does it all, repairs, new roof, installs, inspections, you name it, they'll do it for you. Give them a call and see why there's only one Kango roof. They really hop to it. Find them online at call kangaroof dot com