Speaker 1: We had a chance to catch up with one of the young stars in the Dodgers minor league organization. He actually played for Mike Sosha in the Premiere twelve in Japan over the offseason. That's catcher, Chris Ok. Chris, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you so much. You seem a lot more mature and self assured than most guys on this side of the wall.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I think I got a pretty comfortable crew next to me, so I would get to be ourselves. But yeah, no, I mean it's definitely a very expensive locker room for sure.
Speaker 1: It feels like Chris Oke and Cody Hosey are way more mature than I am, and I'm double their age. I want to say that.
Speaker 2: It just it's been a short sample size so far.
Speaker 1: What's it been like for you the last four or five months, obviously getting that experience and exposure to playing the Premiere twelve in Tokyo and now being big league camp with the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: I mean it was awesome. I mean that USA experience was fantastic, great group of guys, great coaching staff experience. I'll ever forget and then obviously any chance you can you have to shoot up for an organization like this is a super blessing. And being being surrounded by the best players in the world and see how they go by their business is uh is something that you can't you know, there's no price on that. So it's been an humbleiguble experience and looking forward to keep going.
Speaker 1: Former Dodger and fan favorite Rich Hill was on that team too. He told me that you he loved the way you caught him. What was the picture catcher relationship like with Rich Hill?
Speaker 2: Well, anything, anytime a comic comes from from a god like that, it's unbelievable because you know, he's he knows what he's always been doing it for a long time. And I was I was doing my best job to make sure I wasn't messing him up. You know, he knows what he's he knows he needs to do and he's been, like I said, I've been doing it for a long time. But you know, working with him was awesome, super competitive, h knows the exactly what he needs to do. And again I was making sure I was putting myself in the right spot to make sure he can do his thing, So it was I mean something you can't really describe. I mean, it's a different style of baseball. It's definitely a win now type thing. And you know, you know, you don't get to play for one hundred and sixty games. That's he had twelve games and win now, move on. And you know, being able to obviously where USA cross your chest and playing for the bigger than you was was awesome. And playing with guys like Warda, who went absolutely bananas. Knights tournament was fantastic to see and fun to watch. So definitely remember I have for a long time and super happy and thankful I got about it to do that.
Speaker 1: What was it like playing for Mike Soosha, who has caught more games than any other Dodger in franchise history. He understands the position really well. How much did you grow as a catcher playing for him?
Speaker 2: A ton? You know. Obviously it wasn't like a month, so I mean the conversations were kind of condensed, but I mean that short amount of time, I mean I learned a ton from him. Obviously he's wisdom about the game. Also on the managerial side that he has I has been doing that for a while too, and any guy anytime he come across a guy like that or that has so much success on the field and as a manager, you know, you just kind of open up your ears and taking what you can, you know, and I learned a ton of from him. He worked with me, and you know, it was a great experience.
Speaker 1: In that short month. What sticks out the most as far as what you learned from him.
Speaker 2: Well, he had a funny thing. He wanted me to not touch the ground my glove on my but but working with that, but honestly just presenting targets, knowing what the picture it needs, and and how to conduct the game and the game calling, and you know, just being able to honestly just hear him talk to everybody and then hear him talk and the and the group saying and the catchers was just kind of all I needed.
Speaker 1: I love being around with you guys on this wall. It seems like you really have a tight bond and it's great to meet you in person. After heard so many brave reviews about Chris Zki, I'm mature man behind the plate. Thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it, Thanks for having me