Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 2: Holy crap, I don't know who the hell we think we are.
Speaker 1: Get off our show, idiot. The kids are playing or trail off. The countries are screwing it up. Gold play Inner Murals, Brother, gold Play Inner Murals. They're supposed to be mature adults, but they're really not. Who's the kid here?
Speaker 3: Who's the kid here?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? Now? Here's Nick coffee?
Speaker 2: All right, let's get the week started here. Coffee and Company. That's us. We are fueled about Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Nick coffee with you. That is me, the company man, mister John all on the alongside as we take you up until six o'clock as always on a Monday. A lot to react to from the weekend, but man, I'm dragging a little bit today. Very busy weekend, great weekend, overall heavy weekend. Really, I mean just when I say heavy, Friday was just a day from hell with my vehicle, which we talked about Saturday. Just busy, busy, busy. I mean I was out at a four and five year old flag football game in the morning, then straight to tailgating, then inside and like a lot of you not sure I've ever swept that much in my life. And I'm not blaming any meteorologists here, because I mean everybody said it was supposed to be hot, but like I didn't look at the temperature forecast like ahead of time or even when I would check my phone and be like, damn, is it the hottest day in the history of the world today, Like nothing would tell me it was hot, but nothing would tell me that, like this is next level, but man, it felt like it. I don't know what it was. Probably a mixture of just very hot temperature and disgusting humidity, but man was it was sweaty. And then yesterday, well nobody probably cares about this, but yesterday was just a busy day we honored. Well, it was my nephew's birthday who passed away a couple of years ago, and just a big family day and that's just there's I don't know, I feel like today's one of those days where I need a day to recover from the weekend. But I used to say that, and it was just about you know, like being a twenty something year old that would just drink too much and be an idiot. Now it's just because you know, life, you know, sometimes you just need, you know, a day to reset because life is just you know, not bad, just you know heavy. But I can already tell within the first two minutes of the show today this is what I needed.
Speaker 3: It's a pick me up.
Speaker 2: That's what this show does to me, and I hope it does the same for you guys as well. So a lot to get into. And I mentioned just how hot it was on Saturday. I mean, I can't imagine if you were at the Music Festival Bourbon and beyond. I mean, what would you say? And again, I'm such a I'm so ignorant to how this works, because I mean, I feel like I had a hell of an experience when you and I John went to Louder than Life last year. We were probably there thirty minutes, maybe.
Speaker 3: Probably about an hour actually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, because it was before the show, was it not we did we leave there and come and do the show.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was like one or two o'clock in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: So like, I wasn't hear that long when it was us. But yet I feel like, man, that was it was a lot. Now, we did a lot of moving, a lot of talking, so we got what we needed and it was a great experience. But my point is, if you were like, how, what's the average amount of time? You would think that somebody who has an all day pass would be there? Because there are some that are literally going to be there from start to finish, like those that camp out.
Speaker 3: It's me, not the campers, but I'm usually there from opening of the gates to the end of the show.
Speaker 2: How I mean, I wouldn't imagine that that's that rare.
Speaker 3: No, especially if you're going for just a day or two like myself. Now, if you're somebody who's there and you're out of town and you've got weekend passes, you have the ability to go in and out pretty much as you please. So there's no telling what those people do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, the reason I ask is because I mean, it was miserable as far as just the heat. It was nice that I was doing things I enjoy, like watching my son's football team play tailgating and then going into the game for the first half. But like my point is, I really wasn't outside nearly as long as I would imagine the majority of the people who were at that event, and they're I mean, the best way I could describe it. And if you were out there in the heat, then you know, like no matter what, if you were just outside, you were just going to continuously drip sweat. And I know some people sweat differently, like I'm I'm probably like a mid level sweater. I'm not somebody who just you know, is all the time just dripping sweat. But like, I don't care if you're somebody who rarely sweats. You were sweating your ass off on Saturday if you were outside, and it just felt like one of the I mean I heard people talking about it being one of the hottest days ever at at Cardinal Stadium for a Louisville game, and I mean I would believe that just because I was there, But again the numbers would surprise me. Like it wasn't like it was over one hundred degrees. It was like ninety one. Ninety two I think was the high. But I think it was a reminder for us, and we talked about it all the time. John. It's that damn humidity that's what makes it just so unbearable at times.
Speaker 3: But as of yesterday, we are officially into the season of fall. So I guess that means it's all downhill from here, hopefully good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So there were a burban and beyond. Two hundred and ten thousand people was the total attendance for the four day festival. According to the event, sixty thousand of those people were there on Saturday, So sixty k alone on Saturday. And I'm just curious how many of those sixty thousand, I wonder, were there like from start to finish, because shout out to you here, I am complaining about how the heat was just a pain in the rear in But you know, I was at a football game for about an hour and a half in the morning when it really hadn't got that hot yet. Although it was hot early, I knew it was going to be a brutal day. And then you know, I get in the car, ac run home, grab our cooler, drop my daughter off, and then myself and my wife and Moose went to the game. We tailgated. We were outside for probably I would say, I don't know, an hour and a half hour and forty five tailgating, and then we went into the game and you know, not indoors, we weren't in any kind of a suite by the way or anything like that. And then we left it half time because I had to get situated for the post gum show. So it was miserable for me. But shout out to you if you were at Bourbon and Beyond all Day, because like, props to you for living. I feel like I would have died. I'm not built like you people who do the all day music festival. Shout out to those guys because like that, I mean, I hope you were hydrating.
Speaker 3: I'm just glad that Louder than Life is expecting a lot lower temperatures. I mean not significantly like the sixties or something like that, but I believe low eighties. But there is some chances for rain this weekend, so yeah, I saw that there.
Speaker 2: Hopefully that goes away because I feel like like like they kind of adopted me into that crew, the Louder than Life rock metal, you know, like cosplay kind of thing, like that's what that's what we experienced, and I didn't know what to expect, and there's a lot to look at. I mean, I could have I could have stayed it Louder than Life last year from the day that opened the gate until the Sunday when they closed it just because there's so much to see. But they were all so kind, they were so nice. We talked about that, just not that long ago. So anyways, it was it was a scorcher, and you know, I hope to never the rest of the way have a game where it's and I'm yeah, you mentioned the falls here. It's getting to the end of September, so I would imagine that that's probably the last super hot football game we're gonna have at Cardinal Stadium. But again, it is Coffee and Company. We are feel about Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Appreciate you guys hanging out with us here today. I am still a blessed Nana as of right now, and I still have not heard a single thing since we started the show Friday, and I shared the story about what happened in my car, and I'm not going to get back into it right now, but the first text I saw was somebody asking for an update about my vehicle. And I am still a blessed Nana, thankfully, but I have I have not had any like The dealership has been cool as hell. Shout out to them. I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about them, but I'm gonna make sure I find a way to get approval and maybe I can start talking about the dealership on this show, and you know, in a consistent way, because they've been great and nobody from AutoZone has reached out. I've left two messages talk to one person of like corporate, and they all took my info and like not nothing, not nothing. So it stressed me out, John, I don't know if you can tell, but like I'm very I'm starting to get worried that I may like not have a vehicle for a long time. And even if in fact, like AutoZone did, like and they already have, like they've already admitted theirs a it's their fault by sending it to the dealership and it being built to them to fix, right, Like that's you can't dispute that you weren't fault here. But like they got lawyers, Like if I tried to say, look, my car's ruined, you need to get me a new car, like you know how even if I won and I came out on the end where they had to in fact do exactly that, you know, long that probably take in the fact that they haven't offered to get me like a rental or anything like that. They're lucky. I'm a blessed nana because if not, then I'd be I mean, I'd be raising hell, which I probably should be. That's what's got me so, you know, worked up about it. But we'll get to the car later. But I want to say this. Have you ever driven a car that is pushed to start? I have, but it was like, not my car. Yeah, well so I my car's not and my cars are twenty nineteen, like it's new. But obviously there's new cars made every year, so I don't have push to start. And I keep getting out of the vehicle with it running and shutting the door and walking away, and then people are like, uh, hey, your car's running. So happened this morning when I went to the doctor with my daughter. Happened on Friday when I first started driving it. So I gotta I guess eventually you get used to it. But I've never I've never driven a vehicle, you know, other than maybe a rental for a day or two that is a push to start, and it's convenient, but like routine for me, is always like if I've got my if I've got the key in my pocket, then we're good because I'm you know, but that's not the case to keeping me in your pocket. You can walk away. So anyways, let's talk about what happened on Saturday. And trust me, there's a lot to get into with Louisville football overall, and this week it's a huge week. You've got Notre Dame a top fifteen I guess top sixteen matchup. You're already in a really good spot as it stands right now, and a win here would be huge. I don't care what it would mean about Notre and their season essentially kind of being because again Louisvill is gonna be the last ranked team that they're going to play at home, and they I mean, if Louisville is even close to the team that a lot of people think they are, Notre Dame, this is huge for them, Like you're gonna get their best game. And I got to tell you, and I don't. I don't think louisill was great on Saturday. I'm well aware Notre Dame could win. I know that their favorites, but this is not even coming from like a cocky standpoint. It's just the truth. I'm not worried about Notre Dame. They can beat Louis well again, anybody can if little didn't come to play well, But I'm not worried about Marcus Freeman. I don't think he's that good of a coach. And their win at Texas A and m you know, to me, it's whatever they lost to Northern Illinois, who, by the way, I don't know if anybody paid attention to what happened in the MAC. You probably didn't because why would you. But Northern Illinois, after beating Notre Dame, then lost to Buffalo, who was picked to finish tenth out of twelve in that league. I mean they won't their quarterback Riley Leonard. That's his name, right, is it? Okay? Was he at Duke? Yes, okay, I get him confused, man, But anyways, like he's he's not really looked good for them, and he's been injured. I mean he has one passing touchdown on the season and two interceptions. You know, they only put up twenty eight points against Miami Ohio. Again, they lost to Northern Olinois on their home field. So this isn't to say like, Hey, Louisville's going to go in there and beat their ass. I just feel like Louisville is capable of playing well and winning and I'm not gonna beat Like it's not to me. This isn't You're going up to South Bend to pull off the unthinkable. You're a higher ranked team than them, so I'm excited about that. But anyways, let's get to some quick quick hits here on Saturday's game. Like, I know, we do a postgame show. I think that's a different audience for the most part, and usually when the game just ends, you know, it's hard for me to have you know, I usually have an idea of where I want to go as far as how I want to start the show, which direction I want to go in, as far as initial takeaways. Then we hear from Coach Brown, we hear from callers, and we kind of go from there. So you know, I love the postgame show and it's a lot of fun and I thank all of you who tune in. But usually by Monday, I've got some belated thoughts, as they say, and here they are. I'm kind of afraid to say it, John, but like I don't think they played very well, but they also didn't play like terrible. Like put it this way, it was not a clean game, and some teams can go ten eleven wins and not really be a clean football team. Right. You grind it out, you went ugly. You know, you just happen to make the right plays at the right time that dictate who wins and who loses. So I want to give Georgia text him credit because I still think they're good. I was consistent last week. I think they've got a good football team. I think they've got a good coach. And clearly he must be a real fan favorite of the a referee favorite, because the way he was granted that time out in the third quart, I mean, that was insane like that and if that would have been like the game changing play, I mean, again, it all worked out for Louisville, But like that was I yelled and screamed and cursed in a way that like, I haven't watching Louisville sports in a long long time. I was lifeless with basketball, and then last year it was just such a honeymoon season. But I was angry, to my surprise as far as how angry I was when the refs gave Brent Key that time out after the play, after the ball was already snapped. But it also made me feel alive John like it was like, oh, this is It was a renewed type of energy exactly. And that's why I like last week I kept saying, I kind of feel like the season hasn't started yet. I feel like this opener against Georgia Tech really is the opener, and that that moment where I, for the first time just completely lost my mind probably didn't look good again. My wife was upset at me. I mean not really, but like you know, put it this way, Moose heard some words he's never heard before. That's what it comes down to, and that's not a good look. And he's so receptive, Like if he ends up cursing, it's gonna either be because he's around people we don't know that are dropping f bombs and whatnot, or it's gonna be his dad's fault. Like there's no way around that. So I just got to be mindful of it. But anyways, I respect Georgia Tech, I really do, and teams don't play clean against them, even when they beat him like Georgia was. Georgia beat him by one score. Last year, they never lost consecutive games, and they still haven't under Brent Key. So I'm not here to tell you that beating Georgia Tech means that Louisville is legitimately a top fifteen team. I mean they are right now based off the rankings. But like that wasn't like, Okay, now we know this team is legitimate, Lealie. I still think they can be. I haven't really seen anything that tells me, oh, maybe we don't have as good of a team as we thought we had. Haven't seen that yet. Now I don't like where we are from an injury standpoint, which I'll talk about here in just a moment. But you know, I give Georgia Tech credit, and I look when Louisville was able to take advantage of a really stupid decision by Haines King where he threw that ball. Don't know what the hell he was thinking. He went full will Levice there in the first quarter. And you know, credit to Ramonte Pierre and the rest of the defense being ready and knowing that that was a live ball and they hopped on it scored. That's a defensive touchdown. So like some would say, that's luck. But no, like, if you stay locked in, you're a good football team, all coached, you're well prepared, you're disciplined. You make teams pay for doing dumb ass stuff. And that's exactly what you did with Haynes King. Those aren't Those aren't plays that happen very often in games, right, pretty rare. You know what else is rare? A blocked field goal for a touchdown, But we got that one too. That's just you know, staying locked in and making a big play that can flip a game. It's huge, even that your Corey Brooks touchdown where he got caught up, they called pass interference and then he just spun around ball right where it needs to be. That's a score. I mean, that's a talented player making a big time play. So I don't know if you'd call that luck. That's just having a dude that is better than their dude. But it speaks to this team. You know, someone say those are flukey type things and you can't bank on those things happening night in and night out. But if you stay locked in and you you know, you play, you put yourself in that situation. You just make you know, you make people pay and adversity had kicked in. I mean, I think they knew that Brent Key was handed a timeout that you know, I don't want, I don't want to present it as if Louisville's being screwed by the reps. But there were a couple of things that, like, even though the players are told to lock in and not worry about it and just hey, next play, stay focused, all that stuff you hear from coaches, like they're humans, they know that they just got screwed by a couple of calls, and yet they still were locked in and made made big plays. So, you know, I think because of how some of those scores happen. You look at the box score and you wonder how Louisville won, and it's because again the specific types of scores. They got, a special team's touchdown and a defensive touchdown. Georgia Tech had more total yards than Louisville did, four ten to three twenty six. Neither team could run the ball, and that is a little concerning for me. I mean, you've got Maurice Turner who is out doesn't sound I don't, I don't. I think Jeff word for Words said not optimistic whenever he was talking about Maurice. So you know, Cheney played but didn't didn't do a whole lot. And you know, I think Louisville's running game was, you know, was supposed to be, you know, best case scenario for your running backs this year, I think was that you clearly don't have a Jawar Jordan and you don't have an Isaac Garrindo, but you've got a stable of really solid running backs and a young freshman who might eventually be a superstar, and that should be good enough. Well, now you've got Donald Cheney, who it sounds like it's still not one hundred percent, and Maurice Turner's out. So the run game, you know, we knew it was not going to be what it was last year, and my whole thought was that it didn't need to be. And sure enough, when the run game wasn't working, they were able to air it out. I mean, Tyler Shuck, you know, I think we learned about him in that game. Thirteen and nineteen, tw hundred and sixty nine yards, two touchdowns. I mean, not perfect by any means, but like I think we got ourselves a pretty good quarterback that I feel confident in. It was surprising usually Jeff. Usually with Jeff, I feel like if the running game isn't like I just assume that if there's any sign that the running game might not be working and you might not be able to get things established, that he would happily abandon it and say, all right, here we go, let's air it out.
Speaker 3: But he didn't do that.
Speaker 2: He was I think he was persistent in trying to get the run game established, and he looked despite what people think about both Jeff Brahm and even Bobby Petrino, like those guys like to light up the scoreboard, but what really made them so great offensively was the balance. Were all there's such balanced play callers, and Jeff has actually become more balanced as he's been a head coach for longer. Definitely shifted that direction at Purdue and last year, you know, that was just the team he had. You were going to be a good team offensively if you got the running backs going. So I'm a little worried about that. But you know, maybe Maurice Turner comes back healthy, and you know, maybe we see Isaac Isaac Brown become a phenom sooner rather than later. But yeah, you know, to see that You're leading rusher on the day was Cheney, who had just twenty three yards. I mean, that's it's not great, but hey, you still won, you still were able to You're still able to win. And I love I mean, ja Corey Brooks, that's a guy that you know. Again, four catches, one hundred and twenty five yards a touchdown on five targets. I mean twenty eight yards after catch. I mean, he's really special. Chris Bell just two catches, but both were huge. Jayden Johnson played well and now he's out for the year, which is a real bummer. You know, when it comes to the tight ends. I still think you've got you gotta like what you have with with Redmond and Jamari Johnson. So I feel good about this team. But I'm also fine with saying that they didn't play great. But it doesn't mean, oh I'm worried about the trip to Notre Dame. I just think Georgia Tech does a good job of uglying things up and I still think they're a pretty good team. And Louisville won the game by twelve points and cover the spread. So now you move on to Notre Dame and it's a big week folks like I don't need to tell you that. I think you all know. I mean, we can make fun of Notre Dame for not being in a conference and not really being relevant in a long long time. Like I shouldn't say relevant. They are relevant. They're always gonna be relevant. Maybe, I mean that was the wrong way to word it. They've not legitimately like done it. There's not anything on their resume that stands out in a long time for their standard that would make it, you know, they would make they would give them justification to feel the way they feel about themselves, if I'm making any sense here, right, Like Notre Dame, I mean, you ask their fans, they believe they are the premier program in college football, no questions asked. It's Notre Dame. It's the Irish Rudy all that, all that lame stuff. Right, But they haven't won a national championship in how long you have a guest, John, I'm gonna look it up here, putting you on the spot here.
Speaker 3: Feel like it's the nineties, is it not.
Speaker 2: Their last national title was the year I was born, oh Man in nineteen eighty eight. And look, there's a lot of schools Loisville included, that has never won a national championship, never even like sniffed it. So it's not like to make fun of them, But they're Notre Dame, you know what I mean? Like, at some point, can you still have the brand value? I mean again, the brand value is there, but you know, you gotta wonder if twenty years from now they don't win a title, that wouldn't they shouldn't be a shocker considering the fact that they haven't done it in thirty five, thirty six years, But like, well, they still have this same I guess image and brand.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 2: I mean, everybody's got a brand. I guess the because I here I am acting like the brand's not as valuable as it once was. But you know what, you know what speaks to your value and your brand is like do people care? And they have it? They have there. They have a national fan base that even just if it's those people alone watching right, just the Notre Dame fans watching on NBC or Peacock, the numbers there still make it to where if we're gonna chalk up who in fact really moves the needle in college football, like they're always going to be there, but it definitely has changed. Louisville now is going up to South Bend for the third time in ten years. And it's not just because you know you've got a good team. It's not just because you know you have one up there before. But like this is not viewed as oh, like, hey, we could play really great and still lose and we're gonna build from him. No, you go win the game. I don't know my always got so high. Mickey Mouse is here. Oh boy, there you go. Thank you. John Gotta sounded young man, not even like clearly that was me doing a Mickey voice, but like that, I feel like it was twenty years ago. So you need is a little magic. We don't need the magic Mickey because me can just go play good, clean football and leave there with a victory. Good stuff, all right, real quick, before we get to our first break here injuries, Quincy Riley, you know, one of your best players, maybe your best player, depending upon you know, NFL draft people, nflgms, that kind of stuff. He is listed as a game time decision, and I hope he plays, but I kind of feel like if he does play, it's hard to think he's gonna be fully healthy, and my gut tells me he won't play. I shouldn't even say that, and I already regret it after saying it, because I don't want anybody to think I've talked. I'm not talking. I've talked to anybody. I have no clue. Although his mother on Twitter did act like he was going to be okay, which is good, but you know what she's supposed to say, right, So it's clearly not super serious to where it's like season ending. But it just didn't seem like Jeff felt good about having him available. And maybe I'm overthinking it, maybe I'm worried because obviously you don't have him. That's an issue. So that's the biggest one. Jayden Thompson a receiver who again was expected to be the guy that stepped in in place of Colin Lacey. And he played, I mean he played well. I mean so far on the year. I mean, let me just pull up his numbers again. It's you know, two of your three games were against nobody's, but you know he had he's had six. He's got six catches on the season, averaging fourteen yards per reception. He's got two touchdowns. I mean he was a solid, serviceable receiver that you're now You're now you don't have him for the year, Colin Lacey. You know, they're still saying he's a game time. But I'm gonna look at it as if he plays, it's a miracle. I just think it. You know, I don't know, maybe they're doing the ultra gamesmanship stuff here and that he's good and they just don't want people to know. I don't know. But you know, without Jayden Thompson, I mean I can't sit here and tell you that I'm now worried Louisville can't win on Saturday up there in South Bend. But like, that's not ideal to lose a guy who was the starter because you lost the initial starter on first string in Colin Lacey. So yeah, not a not a great day when it comes to injuries, But that happens. That's part of football. It's part of football. All right, Let's get to a quick break. We got a lot to get into when it comes to the NFL. Who's good, Like I don't know, I know early on there's always results that that you know, look a lot different when you revisit him. A couple of weeks later. But I'm not sure we've ever seen it like this where the Raiders win in Baltimore against the Ravens only to then, you know, lose to the Panthers, who were I was quite sure they weren't gonna win a game all year. I mean, Sam Arnold is the best quarterback in the NFL right now statistically. What but I told you two years ago he'd be out of the league. You would not have argued. You would have said, yeah, that makes sense. So it's been crazy in the NFL. So again, we are Monday's, you know, the drill. It's a lot of reaction and we'll do exactly that the rest of the way. So stick with us right here. It's Coffee and Company. Feel about Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. That's right, coffee and Company here on a Monday afternoon. Thank you guys for hanging out with us here on Sports Talk seven ninety. We are fueled by Thornton, So I would appreciate it if you sign up to become a member of the Thornton's Refreshment Awards program. If you haven't already, I'm sure you have, but if not, you know, keep that in mind. We certainly we appreciate their support. So by you giving them support and becoming a member, joining their family of members members in the Refreshment Awards Club, that's that's a win win for everybody involved. So again, keep them in mind.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So this is a text that came in just a moment ago. By the way, if you guys want to text the in you can FABO two six five three zero seven nineties the number if you would like to. If you'd like to text the Llenn Federal Credit Union text line. If you want to give us a call, you can do that too. Phone lines are open five oh two, five to seven one seventy nine hundred. Again five oh two, five to seven to one seventy nine hundred. The question that somebody asked a moment ago, I'm trying to kind of think here on the fly of an answer, and I think I think you're right. The question was, is it safe to say that Louisville is, without question the second biggest matchup this weekend on the college football schedule. Yeah, I mean, I'm looking here and I could be missing some games, but there's one game that is clearly better than any than all of them, and that's Alabama and Georgia. I mean that's going to be I mean, that's that's a big time game, right. But outside of that, I mean, you got some ranked matchups with Oklahoma State and Kansas State, you know locally here. I know Kentucky fans are eager to see what their team does against ole Miss down there in Oxford, and ole Miss is a top top six team. But I would say, when you've got number fifteen and number sixteen, yeah, I mean, to me, it feels like there is one game that really is it on its own planet, right, and that's this Alabama Georgia game that is set for seven thirty. And I am surprised that even though it's in Tuscaloosa, that George is only favored by a point and a half. I don't know, like has Kaitlin de boor DeBoer debordbor. I barely know her. Such a lame dad joke. I'm sorry, but he's getting the Saban like he's getting the Sabin bump about with some stuff here. And maybe maybe it's because George. Look, Georgia fell from number one to number two because they lost a close game to Kentucky. But like I still think Georgia is without questioning, one of the best, I mean, the best team in the country. And they've proven that, I think, despite that close call against and they've earned the benefit of that out for so long now that even though they did drop from number one to number two, and everybody was making the obvious observation that, wow, they shouldn't have been in that close of a game with that Kentucky team. But like, nobody's gonna try with a straight face to tell you that they're not as good as average, right So, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I the one thing I think Alabama's getting credit for is they went to Wisconsin the same week that Georgia barely beat Kentucky and beat him forty two to ten.
Speaker 2: Is Wisconsin good?
Speaker 3: They're probably lower than mid this year. Let me ask you this consin's not very good, do.
Speaker 2: You think And it's still early, right, he's probably coached with fifteen games. Do you think Wisconsin right now? Like if you had to ask him as of today, if they feel like they are getting what they thought they'd get this this early in from Luke Fickle, because.
Speaker 3: I kind of they're very disappointed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, I don't know if they're calling for his head, and if they are, they're stupid. But like, yeah, like I would have expected him to be somebody that would go there and instantly make them a little relevant. And they were bad last year and this year. I don't you know, they're not ranked, are they not.
Speaker 3: They're two and one and they've lost their starting quarterback.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, that's not good. So yeah, I answer your question. This is a big time matchup and as far as viewership, it will be. You've got number fifteen, number sixteen Louisville and Notre Dame. Just comparatively speaking, as we just laid out, it's a big matchup compared to others, but it will probably have less viewers than bum ass games that are going to be on in the middle of the day or even at nude on like ESPN or ESPN two or one of the other networks. Because this is a Peacock game. For those who don't know, you will have to watch this game on Peacock. And I feel like this is the first time for Louisville football because we've had games before where you have to fire up. I mean, heck, when they played when they played Jacksonville State, you could only watch that on stream. So yeah, it's I mean, I guess we're still at a point where people say the game is not even on TV. Well the computer. Yeah, But like I think those are people that probably still turn on Spectrum News one and see Lachlan McClain's handsome face every day and they still have like a box and that's to me, that's them, that's TV. And if it's not coming from that box that's underneath their you know box television and standard definition, then you know, then then it's it's streaming somewhere. It's on the computer. To get my laptop out, But like technically every game I watch is online. You know why, because I'm streaming from YouTube TV. I'm a chord cutter. I'm an og. I'm one of the earlies or the early. I mean, i've been I've been cord free. Is that still? I haven't heard anybody mention that in a while, But like I know, at the time, are you cord cutter?
Speaker 3: Wordless?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I cut the cord back in twenty seventeen and I've been I've been free ever since.
Speaker 1: That night.
Speaker 2: Oh I was yeah, and I was hesitanting. I thought to myself, no way, I got to rely on the internet. The Internet goes out and I got nothing, I'm gonna lose my mind. But you know, my internet works pretty good, and just the convenience of getting out my phone at any time and watching live TV being able to pause it. And it's gone up more than doubles since I first signed up, because I was early enough to where I was getting it for nineteen ninety nine a month for like three months, and then it bumped up to like, I don't know, thirty nine thirty nine nine in a month, so I got the introductory you know, discount for a few months I think it was, and now it is a lot more than that, but it's still worth it, and it's better than what I was paying for for direct TV. So I'm gonna watch on Peacock. I mean, I'm sure everybody's gonna watch on Peacock, but you know they'll be it'll it'll still be viewed as appointment viewing for anybody who wants to watch it, which I assume is going to be Notedame fans and mobile fans, or just somebody who wants to keep up with this game. Maybe you bet on it, because if you're just wanting to consume a Saturday afternoon of college football on Saturday. Even if you're a cord cutter, you still have like a dashboard right like where you can you know, not really channel surf if you know what I mean, but like you can go from channel to channel. Peacock's only gonna have one game and it's it's not within your streaming app. Actually, I don't know, do you know? I'm sorry. You have Hulu Live.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, but you can download all my firestick for my TV. We have the Peacock app that we can he Okay, well, but does who does Peacock have a live No, Peacock is its own set. It's not a channel. It's its own separate app. But I know that.
Speaker 2: But Hulu has I have Hulu, but I don't have Hulu TV. You have Hulu TV, right right. I guess what I'm asking is, do you know if Peacock has what Hulu offers to where you can actually watch? I don't think they do. Yeah, so you know it'll be it'll be appointment viewing. But that's okay, you know. I don't bring that up to like, you know, to be negative. I'm just I'll do it. Throughout the week remind people because I know for a fact there'll be people that will where the hell is the game?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: I got a sign up?
Speaker 3: What what?
Speaker 2: And you know, I don't have any sympathy for you like this. We've been watching games on the internet for a long time where you really were getting at your dad's old laptop from his last job and figuring out what the hell in HDMI cord was and plugging it in. They used to call it ESPN three dot com, not watch ESPN. So we've been here before. But where this is rare is that you have to have a Peacock membership. So like there are people who have no memberships. They just turn on their TV and again they got Spectrum News, one Weather, on the ones. Lochlan McClain, he's first thing you see when you turn it on, and that's not a bad thing. That's probably what's keeping Spectrum in business. To be honest with you, Lachlan is a legend phenomenal guy. Have I gasked him up enough? Love love love Lachlan McLain. So like, not only do you have to go find it somewhere, you gotta pay for it. And that's where I feel like, people will either bitch and complain or they'll go somewhere and watch it, or maybe they'll do both. I don't know, but just be advised. Three thirty Peacock on the Cock. We are making our debut on the Cock on Saturday at three thirty, and I hope we move to one to zero on the Cock after what happened that.
Speaker 3: It's crazy because but it makes sense though, because Louisville doesn't have like and the a SEC, I should say, it doesn't have any conference affiliation with NBC or Peacock. So that's why you haven't seen them on. Yeah, it'll on those channel.
Speaker 2: You'll only be on Peacock whenever you have a game against Notre Dame and NBC decides they're not gonna air it, and there's even gonna be goods to lift up and prop up Peacock. This is what they need to do. They you know, not to say that you know Louisville. Hey, well really this is how we really get people to sign up. Notre Dames playing louis and everybody's gonna watch, but they'll be like, for example, there's a there were a NFL games last.
Speaker 3: Year, there was playoff games yeah, yeah, the way.
Speaker 2: You had to have and that's and that that is that's why you invest an insane amount of money to get the rights to have that exclusively on your network because you know, hey, people could complain it's a lot different than people used to watch games twenty years ago. But I find I don't know, like if it was a billion dollars, obviously wouldn't be able to buy Peacock and watch the game. But like something that's so such a big important first of all, it's part of what I do. It's like, you know, if I couldn't watch the game, I wouldn't be qualified to do postgame show, right, I mean it's so so, but I just I don't know, like I'm gonna do what I what I'm gonna do, Meaning like they could tell me that I had to pay ninety nine dollars to watch this game, and I'd probably find a way to make that work. Like that wouldn't be ideal, That's not a realistic scenario. So the people that are complaining, I still feel like they're going to find a way to watch it because you know, it's it's part of what we do. We're fans, all right, quick break we'll come back on the other side. Keep this party rolling along. We got this is how you know you're you're getting somewhere. John. We got a text that wants to wants me to give you a hard time about your Hoosiers, and I'm not doing that. I'm not gonna do it, but I'll at least share what they had to say, because I'm loving this new life you've got as a Hoosier football fan, because Signette's got him, He's got them playing goodball. So don't go anywhere. It's coffee and company. We are fel about Thorton' right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Love this song, Love this song.
Speaker 3: Good stuff.
Speaker 2: John, speaking of good stuff, Monday night football with two games. I wish the NFL did this every Monday. I'm assuming those that are in charge of the National Football League, you know, the most popular league in all of sports here in this country by a long shot. I'm sure there's a reason they only have one usually and this is a rare thing. Well, they'll do where they will do too, but I love it, so take advantage of it. Tonight on Underdog Fantasy, I'm just gonna tell you this right now, if you go to underdog. You can see the promos as soon as you get there. Twenty percent profit boost right now? Okay, I mean, did you hear me eight percent profit boost? So you know this is what I've got in mind right now. I'm going to go higher in receptions for Jamar Chase, higher than six and a half because I think he will bounce back. I think Burrow is gonna shine in this primetime spot. I'm going to go over higher. I should say it's not over, it's higher, higher than one and a half passing touchdowns for Joe Burrow. And then I'm also going to go when it comes to the rushing yards for Jaden Daniels. Of course, he's the quarterback, the rookie for the Washington Commanders. I'm going to go lower than fifty and a half. I'm going to trust that the Bengals will be able to contain him a little bit. So you know, right now, let's just say I put in a ten dollars play on those three picks. It's going to pay me out at forty seven thirty and I feel pretty good about it. So if you've not signed up yet, what are you doing? I'm serious. I did a long pause there for you to like really listen to me and hear me, because you're like, wait a second, to my radio turn off? What happened? Where did Nick go?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get your attention, guys. Underdog Fantasy over a million fans across thirty three states got in the game last year by competing on Underdog you Go went up to one thousand times your money just by choosing hire or lower on your favorite players stats, touchdowns, passing yards, receiving yards, rushing yards, that kind of stuff. Anything you can think of, really, so making picks on Underdog is straightforward. Signing up is even easier. So right now, go to the simple to use Underdog Fantasy mobile app, or go to Underdog Fantasy dot com and sign up with my promo code Nick seven to ninety. And if you do that, they're going to give you a free pick. Also, they will give you some bonus cash when you deposit of up to one thousand dollars, So take advantage it's Underdog Fantasy promo code Nick seven ninety to claim your new customer special of a free pick, and your deposit offer must be eighteen and up in President instated where underdock fantasy operations concern with your play called Winner Gambler or visit NCP gambling dot org. And let me tell you this, guys, I mean, don't just sign up. I mean, if you sign up and use my code and don't put in money, thank you. But you should take advantage of this because if you're into this kind of stuff and you're now gonna use Underdog, which you should as really your new spot to do all the prop stuff, player totals, player high low, that kind of stuff, then you're gonna probably eventually not have money in there, because that's what happens, and that's okay. But if you put in money now, you're gonna get this match. They're gonna give you bonus cash back by put by you putting it. So put put in five dollars, put in ten bucks, and just know that you know it'll it'll delay you from having to add more funds down the line when maybe you have a bad break go your way, or maybe you don't have any bad breaks because you're just rolling in the dough like a lot of people are when it comes to Underdog fantasy, right, I mean, I can't guarantee that you're gonna have success. But you know, for some reason, I feel like I have a better ability of winning when I am, in fact choosing high or lower on players individual stats than point spreads and totals and that kind of stuff. So anyways, it's Underdog Fantasy sign up promo code Nick seven ninety. Put some money in there, even if it's just a little, You're gonna be happy that you did, and it helps me. Don't you want me to feed my family? I mean, I got kids to feed. I got I mean, come on, now, do I gotta beg you do? I gotta beg you to sign up for Underdog Fantasy because I'll beg My pride gets in the way a lot of stuff, not for this, though, it's that important to me. Underdog Fantasy promo code Nick seven ninety. Thank you all right, John, you want to hear with this?
Speaker 3: Who's your hater?
Speaker 2: Had to say, let me have it. He's not really a hater. He's and he actually wanted me to make sure. I think once I mentioned to you that I that I that I'd read his text, he wanted me to. He wanted me to let you know it's all in fun and he's just having fun because he's a big fan of the company. Man who's not. But Indiana, let me pull it up here. So and I don't think they did anything wrong, but the Indiana football Twitter account puts something out yesterday or Saturday, and it's a picture of the one and only Kurt Signetti, who is given this Hoosier fan base a shot in the arm like they've never received before when it comes to football. And like none of them that I've talked to actually think that they're like, you know, nobody's had her claim they're gonna win the national championship. But they are four and oh for the first time ever, like not ever.
Speaker 3: Well, so it's the first time the head coach has ever been four and oh in his first year with the with the Hoosiers.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I thought that, never mind, that's not I mean, that still means as good as you can get four and oh. But I thought, like, this is the first time they've ever been four and oh, it would be wild. But then again, no offense. If Indiana was a school that had never started four and oh, Like, you can't say that if you knew if there was a trivia question of power five schools that have never had a four and oh start. It wouldn't be a shocker if they were on the list, right of one.
Speaker 3: To choose, maybe Kansas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the first head coach to start four and oh Indiana in program history. And then it's got a picture of Signetti and says four and oh and it says all business, which I got no problem with that. Like the honestly, I find it a little I think that's being self aware because by saying all business, I kind of take it John as if they're saying, yeah, we know we're supposed to win a lot of these games. We're taking care of businesses, like you're not claiming we're Like, So what our texter mentioned and he was just having fun, he said, Indiana can't say all business when they do. I think I think what he actually said is they operate with bad business, backing out of their deal with Louisville with just a year's notice. So that's not Signette's fault. In fact, who's the a d I keep one to say, when's that Glass guy? How long has he been?
Speaker 3: Glass has been gone for a long time. I don't know why he retired a few years ago. It was right around. It might have been after right after Woodson was his name, Todd Glass, bread Glass, spread Glass.
Speaker 2: So I don't know why I keep thinking he's still their athletic director. But whoever, whoever it was, it wasn't Signetti. So like I think he would have liked to have played Louisville and.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't have sha.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we'll never know what would have happened in that game. But like you know, Signetti, he's got it, he's got energy about him, as some people say the BDE that like it's it spreads baby.
Speaker 3: And can we get a little crazy though I know we might have joked about this recently, but like, what are the odds that Indian and Louisville meeting the college football playoff?
Speaker 2: We can say it right now with both teams undefeated on September twenty third, and looking at the rest of the schedules for both teams, and it's not as crazy as one would would. I mean, it's really not insane. It's not probable, highly doubt it, don't think it's gonna happen, But yeah, I mean from Louisville standpoint, there's no doubt. Louiell in my opinion, has a chance to probably get have one loss on the year, slip up and lose to somebody and still potentially be at least in the mix for one of those at large spots. I think they lose to Notre Dame, it's still gonna be really, really tough. But either way, like, there's nobody on their schedule that like I look at now and think, well, they just can't beat them. And if they and if it is Miami, well you know, maybe Miami's legit and that doesn't look at as a bad loss, and maybe you get to play them again in Charlotte in the AEC championship game. So yeah, like Louisville, I'm not here to tell you that they're gonna be in the playoff. But like when you look at all the national folks that are putting together like their bracketology essentially, which I think is kind of cool. You know, some of them are mentioning Louisville is like a first full route or at least you know somebody that's that's sniffing close to it. With Indiana, I've not seen that, But again, who on their schedule would you say, like, is is a real concern? I mean, obviously the Ohio State is.
Speaker 3: The easy one, and then Michigan they were able to take care of USC, which which is odd because then them winning that game is crazy. They threw the least amounting pass amount of passing yards. Who is this Michigan Okay, yeah, against USC since nineteen eighty seven something like that. For I don't know if it's for any FBS team or for like a power team or whatever, but that's turning the turning back the clock several decades.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I'll be honest with you, that was the first time where it really like it took me a day later to realize what was a conference game?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so weird.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, Like I don't know why that one was the one.
Speaker 3: Because it's so early in the season too. But Indiana and UCLA that really didn't feel like a conference But like.
Speaker 2: You know, Tennessee and Oklahoma, that was weird that that was an SEC game, right, Like I don't know, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean just at Stanford and Syracuse, Florida State in California.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's it's it's crazy. But right now, I mean, obviously you all have yet to really be tested, and that's not your fault. I would say Maryland is easily going to be the biggest test of this joint and if you lose, it really depends on how it looks, right because like if it's a competitive loss, you're still gonna be upset, But like you know, doesn't.
Speaker 3: Mean you take care of business here. That's when you can kind of start maybe raising your eyebrows a little bit.
Speaker 2: You need two more wins to match what people said a month ago would be viewed as a really good start for Signetti. Yeah, so like I don't have any issue, not that I would, but like Indiana fan should feel really good about where they are. And you know, i'd say, right now, Michigan Ohio State are the two schools that you would say, like, yeah, those are probably gonna be really really, really really tough games. All right, quick break four o'clock hours coming up next right here on Sports Talk seven ninety