Speaker 1: It's n side with Dan Ray. I'm w BESI cast in some new video.
Speaker 2: Every time I hear this, I just tingle. I don't know why. I don't worry because I am a huge James barn fan and this music, a collaboration of John Berry and Martin Norman, is mint five stars across the board.
Speaker 3: Yes, Morgan, I'm just gonna say that the gentleman who played that guitar is a very famous British guitarist named Vic Flick, who I believe passed away in the last couple of weeks. So it's that's a nice tribute to him, that guitar riff. Interestingly, John Barry, the primary composer of the James Bond theme, never saw the first James Bond movie before he composed that. That guitar thing so so crazy.
Speaker 2: He never realized how he nailed it.
Speaker 3: He nailed it, Boy, didn't nail it.
Speaker 4: He did.
Speaker 3: He had a little instrumental. He had a little instrumental called Bee's Knees which also featured a similar type of guitar riff, which he just adjusted to create.
Speaker 5: The Bond And Interestingly, tonight, I would argue that the two themes we played James Bond and the Twilight Zone would probably be the two most recognizable themes on the planet.
Speaker 2: Well, when you say Twilight Zone, is it the do do do?
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 2: Do do do? Twilight Zone? Yes, let's take a call Marcus, who's kind enough to hold through the news. Thank you for your patience, Welcome to Night's Side.
Speaker 7: Yes, thank you, thank you. The Twilight Zone. Yes, I was a huge fan a long time, and there was so many different episodes, some that kept you sitting.
Speaker 2: In your chair thrilled and others.
Speaker 7: That had you laughing. And there was an episode with an older gentleman who had a convenience store and he had a few other gentlemens with him, and he would always tell these tall tales that he invented this, invented that. I think that was one of the most funniest episodes I've ever seen on The Twilight Zone. And I think they called this. His name was Frisbee and he was abducted by aliens and the aliens wanted to take him away and he played a harmonica which got him off the ship because the harmonica was actually affecting him in a way where it would neutralize it. But that was the most funniest episode I ever saw in the Twilight Zone.
Speaker 3: And that actor, that actor was the wonderful and and the divine whose performance was divine.
Speaker 7: Yes, I've seen all the twilets on episodes, but once I saw that, I never laughed so hard. The the other ones had me uh biting my nails. I'm like, oh, my goodness, this is really scary.
Speaker 2: And I was very young, and Andyne was all over the TV landscape in the fifties and sixties. He was second build in a show called wild Bill Hiccock. He was in Stagecoach, the classic John Wayne movie, and he was all over the landscape.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, yes, there was so many different actors and the actresses that were coming up in the Twilight Zone or in the Outer Limits thole series. But there was another episode on Twilight Zone. I forget her name, but there was another actor. He was very well known where he was going into space. He had met a woman and he was an astronaut, and I guess he was being put into space for a little time, but he was frozen in the capsule and he came back in the aged like thirty years. But she still stayed young. Everybody else stayed young.
Speaker 8: And he was.
Speaker 7: Going to marry her, but he didn't marry because he got so old he didn't think he was worthy.
Speaker 3: I got their name. That actor was Robert Lansing. The young lady was Marriette Hartley. The episode I believe was called The Long Marra The Long Morrow, and it was one of those ironic episodes.
Speaker 2: Most of them are ironic.
Speaker 3: In fact, Rod would say that one of his biggest influences was the short fiction of All Henry, which always had a twist at the end, which I thought was wonderful.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, very very very well at the team. The uh the actress, she was very beautiful. She was in so many different shows. And I remember she.
Speaker 2: Was the girl in those cute Polaroid commercials with James Garner.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's true, that's true.
Speaker 2: Marion Hartley. Alright, I'm gonna let you go. Gross lines are fall.
Speaker 7: Yes, thank you again, thank you, thank you for calling.
Speaker 2: And I'm at the position where Rob I'm gonna take my break a little early. If I took a call now, i'd have to put them on homes for a minute. So let's take a break. Gary and Marlborough you will be next. And Michael in Boston. You'll be after Gary. Whoever takes that open line will be third to speak with. Stephen J. Rubin off of many, many books, and we're focusing on two of them, Twilight Zone and James Bond. Time here on night Side nine thirteen Temperature twenty five.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World, Night six Studios on w BZ News Radio.
Speaker 9: Gold.
Speaker 10: He's the man, the man with a mine touch, aspidest touch, such a cold PingER.
Speaker 1: T you to enter his win love sin.
Speaker 2: She's just gonna tell you don't go in.
Speaker 9: Don't go in.
Speaker 2: I knew it. I knew it all right, Rob, you can find it down. That's the movie, the movie that brought James Bond's popularity to its zenith. And Stephen J. Rubin is here. And and Stephen, before I take another phone call, capsulize the power of James Bond.
Speaker 3: James Bond is the hero of the Free World who has not changed his spots in sixty plus years. He's still a human being. Sometimes he has a few too many gadgets, particularly in the Roger Moore years, but under Craig Stewardship in the last fifteen years, he was terrific although the movies were a little bit up and down, but Bond is Bond because the quality has always been pretty terrific. There's always good things to find in a James Bond film.
Speaker 2: Now I've got a tippy toe around this, and Gary Marlborough be patron. I'll get to you in about a minute. You and I both know the last film. We have to tipy toe about what we say. How are they going to bring up another James Bond with the consideration of that movie?
Speaker 3: You know, that's a really good question. I think that they've been rebooting Bond since nineteen sixty nine, you know, little George Lazenbee replaced some Sean Connery and then of the various Bonds. There'll be no problems. They'll just reboot it. It'll be you know, if you remember the first Daniel Craig film, Casino Royale, it was like he just got his double O seven number. So they played fast and loose. Every franchise series that has run as long as Bond and from very few have has to go through changes. Batman, Superman. I mean they're introducing a new Superman this year, this coming year. They all have to go through this and that's just part of it. But I'm sure they'll they'll come up smelling like a rose because Bond, like death and taxes, will always be with us.
Speaker 2: Okay, when you mentioned he's super h I like what they did with the Spider Man movie that had all three actors in one movie and it made sense within the plot.
Speaker 3: It was a very nice touch. I agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go to mam Borrow and speak to Gary. Gary, thank you for your patience. Welcome to Night's Side.
Speaker 4: Hey, how you doing all right?
Speaker 8: Steven?
Speaker 4: I have a question for you. I want to talk about the Twilight Zone for a second. Was correct me if I'm wrong? But wasn't there an episode with Sonny Bono? He portrayed a like a beatnik. He's in a jazz music that Do you remember that one at all?
Speaker 3: It's an episode where he he does something bad and then he goes to his particular form of hell and I'm trying to remember the name of it, but it's uh, you know, actually, you know what you know? I don't think it was a Twilight its own episode. I think it was an episode of the Night Gallery.
Speaker 4: Really, you know, because all these years, you know, I'm in my seventies and all these years I've been thinking it was Sonny Bono on The Twilight Zone. That's why I'm calling, because I need verification.
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of people misunderstood The Night Gallery because yes, rud Serling hosted it, but had little to do with the plots and the writing and the concept of that series.
Speaker 3: No, it was It was a Jack Laird series, and he had rod. It was simply a hired gun. He wrote a few episodes which are terrific, and he hosted and those evocative openings were terrific. But the quality of the of the Night Gallery was really up and down. There were there were a lot of shows that were clunkers.
Speaker 2: And the Sonny Bono episode you're thinking of could have been from the and from Uncle. We're both he and share We're in that episode.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure, pretty sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, Needles and Pins was the man from Uncle episode the Needles and Pins affair. All right, Gary, I guess that's it. Thank you, Gary, Good night, Happy holidays, Happy holidays. Let's go to Boston and speak to Michael. Michael. Welcome Tonight's sorry, thank you, good evening.
Speaker 11: No one ever talks about money.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 11: You do a lot of interviews Morgan, celebrities and so forth, and no one ever mentioned the money. Uh, it's not the right thing to do. I would never say to Morgan, what's his paycheck? I mean, he's ut of my damn business.
Speaker 2: Of course, monopoly money.
Speaker 11: We're going to believe that we're going back sixty years and these celebrities are no longer with us, unfortunately. But I'd like to ask the gentleman that has written the literature of what did it cost to produce an episode of the Twilight Zone back in the sixties. What was Rod Serling's take? What did he get for writing a script and the hosting jors? And what did a star you've mentioned dozens of them tonight get. I imagine it was a set amount for doing a Twilight Zone anybody.
Speaker 2: His name is Stephen J. Rubin, remember that name, And after your call, we're gonna let everyone know what company puts his books out. But Steven, do you have answers to any of those questions?
Speaker 3: Well, let's start with the actress first, because I was very fortunate to collaborate with Rod Sterling's widow, Carol, the late Carol Serling, now and she opened the files to me. I saw all the contracts for what the actors made top of show. For the lead actor in a twilight Zone in those days from fifty nine to sixty four was five thousand dollars. That's all they made for a leading role. So Jack Klugman in a game of Pool, he's making five thousand, you know, Cliff Robertson in the in the Dummy, he's making five thousand. Writing wise, you know, back at those days, I don't have the figures for writing right in front of me, but a few thousand dollars was what they got for those scripts. And Rod also took some extra money for doing the ads. And that was a lot of the reason that Rod did, as he wanted to make some extra money because he wasn't getting rich off of his screenwriting fees. Although he did own the show. He's owned the show with CBS, so he was able to make a chunk of money later on, but nothing like the money we would think of today now.
Speaker 11: Was that ownership Cayuga Productions.
Speaker 3: Was that his Yeah, his company was Cayuga you know the the he split the proceeds with CPS. And then I guess because he wanted to take the money and run. When he had an opportunity to sell his share of the series later on, he sold it for some very modest figure, something like two hundred and fifty thousand or something like that. Show that today would be worth millions.
Speaker 11: Oh, mister Irvin. Were there residuals then.
Speaker 3: That's another very good question. There were no residuals then, although during the strikes of nineteen sixty I believe they started to talk about residuals. I think maybe for the last couple of seasons there may have been some residuals, but that was back in the fifties. There were no visuals as far as I know, I might be wrong.
Speaker 11: And do you know what an entire episode would cost in those days?
Speaker 3: In those days twice episode twiletsone episode was made for about a quarter million dollars, a little bit up up for the locations, a little bit below that for some of the ones that are shot on the lot, but they were very inex expensive compared to other shows. The thing though about The Twilight Zone also, which was an anthology, is they had to get new actors each week, so whereas the actors in a regular show would probably be asking for raises every season or so that didn't have a that There was no problem like that on the Twilight Zone because we had a new past each week.
Speaker 2: Sure, all right, Michael, you're all say thank you, thank you, thank you havingday. And before I take my button with the hour break, I'm going to go off script with you. Rod Serling also had a Western that starred Lloyd Bridges, The Loaner. Tell me about The Loaner if.
Speaker 3: You can, well, all I can tell you is that Rod, being the innovative type writer, wanted to do a Western series that was not about violence. The Loaner was a guy who did not solve all of his problems with guns, and hence the show completely bombed. I think when people tune in westerns they want the gun play.
Speaker 2: In those days, because I think that was what the sixty three sixty four TV season. And with Lloyd Bridges the lead, you had a major actor. And Lloyd Bridges had just come off the success of Sea Hunt right, a long running series, and he's playing a character. I think the character's name was Colton Will Colton, and he's a loneery he wanders like most westerns in those days. Your hero was nomadic, wandered from town to town to town to town. But I don't think I can remember more than one or two episodes where he even drew his gun, right, which is what what most people watched for back from the fifties and sixties.
Speaker 3: Morgan, It's like when I worked on a three D three D movie in the eighties called Space Hunter Adventures in the Forbidden Zone with Peter Strauss and Molly Ringwolds. The filmmakers wanted to do subtle three D. They didn't want to poke your eyes out every two minutes. And that was a problem because if people put on those stupid glasses, they want to have something coming at them every two minutes.
Speaker 2: They wanted like they had seen it in you know, a three Stooges short film, fifties movies, six, these movies, and they wanted to be smacked in the face with the pie basically, and you didn't do that. How was it working with Molly Ringwald? Have fun?
Speaker 3: Two years later, I was assigned to do the publicity on Pretty and Pink. Oh Okay, b Ye had grown up considerably. She was actually a very nice kid. I liked her all right.
Speaker 2: Well, let me take my bottom of the hour, break open lines. You can talk about Bond, any aspect of a Bond movie or Twilight Zone, as we've done for her ninety minutes. Here a night side six one, seven, two, five, four teen, thirty eight, eight, eight, nine, two, nine, ten, thirty, time, nine thirty twenty five degrees.
Speaker 1: With Dan Ray on w B Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Nobody does said makes me feel sad for.
Speaker 10: Nobody does it?
Speaker 2: Hey, that's gonnass you babebyon the I wasn't looking. What's somehow you found?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 2: Rob, you can fade it down. Carly Simon doing the Spy Who Loved Me? Theme song? Steven, do you ever just play a Bond song or put in a Bond movie just for the heck of it?
Speaker 3: All the time. We've been celebrating Goldfinger all week. It's on my podcast starting Monday. I interviewed Graham Raye, who's the editor of Double seven magazine, a very respected periodical. But Goldfinger turned sixty years old this holiday, so we're celebrating a series that this is one of its milestones, sixty years since, as you point out the height of Bond fever.
Speaker 2: Let me ask this and then I'll I'll take Ted and Millis to be pature for another minute. Sean Conry is number one across the board, no doubt every Bond fan would put him as number one, rate two, three, four and five for me of the men that have played James Bond.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, the only thing I would disagree with you is not every Bond fan considers Don the best. Because if you're younger and you did not grow up with Sean, you have your personal favorites axiomatic that if you grew up with a Bond, he you're Bond. So you'd be surprised how many people tell me that Roger Moore is their favorite Bond, or Pierce Brock their favorite Bond. Yeah, but in terms of the Bond, you gotta start with, at least from my perment point of view, you start with Connery. Then you go to Daniel Craig, who I thought was really terrific. Yes, I still to this day, even though he did one James Bond movie. George Lazenbee's On Your Matthew Secret Service is a terrific James Bond movie. So he's my three Brosnan is four, Roger is fifth, and Dalton is sick.
Speaker 2: I happen to be looking at I've got all kinds of things up on the room from where he broadcast and broadcast in my home. If you didn't know that. And there's Roger Moore. Maybe you've seen this photo because it was a standard photo leaning over one of the chairs that they put for the actors to sit at while other scenes are being filmed. And there he is right there over the light switch. And I would have had him second to Sean during the years of Roger Moore, but as the other Bond films were released, I moved him further down on the list for each one I too. I liked Daniel Craig a lot, but I put him third, after Pierce Brosnan, who I liked a lot, and then Timothy Dalton, then Roger Moore, and then Lazenbie. Those are mine in my order. So let's go back to the phone calls, full lines people, by the way, you know the numbers dum as you hear me saying goodbye to a call. But right now with toload to Ted, Ted and millis good evening, Ted, welcome to night side, Oh.
Speaker 6: Good evening, thank you.
Speaker 13: I just had a question, which is I wanted to hear what you thought about the movie The Rock, which is sort of, I don't know if you're aware, sort of an unofficial The rumor has always been that it was James Bond's last hurrah as a retired James Bond, kind of coming out of retirements.
Speaker 6: For I.
Speaker 2: See why you lean that way, but I think the better image of Sean Connery doing barndish things would be the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Stephen, how do you feel?
Speaker 11: I agree? Yeah, good, I.
Speaker 3: Agree with you. You know, God, I miss Sean. I miss missed the the just the machismo, the ty, testosterone, A man's man. It's funny. I was watching a movie on the Criterion Channel the other day I'm not quite just to called hell Drivers. It's about these truck drivers in London, are outside London who delivered They delivered cement or rocks every day at insane speeds. And Sean is practically a background type player, but still very good. This is nineteen fifty seven, so this is five years before he got the Doctor. No roll, but Sean was always you know, The Rock is it could be it could be kind of a James Bond coming out of retirement moment. It's interesting too.
Speaker 2: Much, Nicholas, Well, just too much.
Speaker 13: There is a reference to the beginning of the Rock that says the character that that Sean played was former sas. So that's why I think that's how the rumor kind of going.
Speaker 2: Yes, they alluded to what could have been Bond's early years. They alluded to that, and I see where some people might have had high hopes for that. But the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen that is as bond as you can get, with John Connery and not being called double oh seven.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I love them in the Untouchables as well.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, that's the Chicago way.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Whoever takes this line most likely will be the last call that we will take, because we still have another break coming a couple of commercials into the calls. So you take that line, We'll do the best we can to get you on. Let's go to Lowell and speak to Dennis. Dennis, welcome to Night's side.
Speaker 6: Oh, thank you very much. Good evening, gentlemen. I've been a Bond, saying well, I always think of Bond, James Bond from Doctor No. I've been a sand since then. I was a teenager and I saw Goldfinger. I was completely captured by James Bond. I went to see a Goldfinger with my mother.
Speaker 2: I'll top that. I went to see not just Goldfinger, but after the popularity was surprising everybody. They re released as a doubleheader Doctor No from Rechwood Love, and I saw them Doctor No from Ruchwood Love and then separately Goldfinger with my grandmother.
Speaker 6: So there, you've doubled you doubled me. Thinking of their songs, the song Goldfinger, Hilly Bassy, I mean that's number one, and you also played and nobody does it better. Collie Simon from The Spy Love Me is very good. But I always liked to Live and Let Die, you know. I thought that was good.
Speaker 9: With Wings, yes, and also a Skyfall Adele didn't do too badly with Skyfall.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I actually liked the latest one by Billie Eilish for No Time. He did a nice job as well. They've always had terrific musicians involved in the series.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all right, And I'm gonna ask Steven this and maybe you two Dennis. When Living the Tie gets rerun a lot of times, they've removed the Paul McCartney music. Can you speak to that are Are you aware of that?
Speaker 3: That's news to me, Morgan.
Speaker 2: Okay, A lot of times they've reved. I thought it was for an example throughout the world of TV that happens periodically. I'll give you a stupid example, the TV show Kimber the White Lion. I loved that show when I was a kid. They removed the theme, the lyrics and put in something instrumental. So I'm guessing it costs you less to acquire the film that you're going to be showing on your station than it would if it were complete with the theme as we heard it originally.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing I'm actually surprised, because you know, there are shows they don't run on TV because the music has not been cleared. But I would highly doubt that Bond Bond is so so ubiquitous on television. It's always on a channel somewhere. I would be very surprised.
Speaker 2: All right, Dennis, was there anything else?
Speaker 6: Just finish up? I was shocked when I saw a poorly eaton with painted and gold. That was shocking.
Speaker 2: I thought you was a gosh down attractive woman.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, truly.
Speaker 2: Attractive woman, and I put her in the upper echelon of Bond Women.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah right, Dennis, Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Dennis, I'm gonna let you go, have to take a break.
Speaker 6: Yeah, take you all right, and.
Speaker 2: Time and temperature nine five twenty five degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: You leave twice.
Speaker 9: Also scene.
Speaker 2: One Life for Yourself and One.
Speaker 7: For your Dream.
Speaker 2: A little bit of Nancy Sinatra there singing you Only Live twice. My favorite Bond movie. The plot, the sets, the action, everything about it puts my favorite Bond movie at the top of the list. You want to live twice? Stephen J. Rubin is here, and Stephen, before we take another call, it'll be JJ and Maine. Tell everybody the publisher of your books and how they can get their hands on them.
Speaker 3: The best way to get my books, the Twilight Zone Encyclopedia and the James Bond Movie Encyclopedia is through Amazon. They're both published by Chicago Review Press, and Amazon is the best place to pick those up.
Speaker 2: Perfect JJ, you're calling from Maine. Happy holidays and welcome to Night's Side.
Speaker 12: Thank you very much. We've got most no up here than you do shows.
Speaker 2: So did we? So did we?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Hey, James Vond and Doctor Know in nineteen sixty three in Navy boot camp. And I couldn't believe that they would show a bunch of young Navy recruits that movie. We were going to the roof.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope it didn't inspire any of you to behave in a naughty way.
Speaker 12: No, not at all, not at all. And I don't think James One was kind of new then, I don't. We never knew. I think it was. I never heard of James one. It's kind of new.
Speaker 2: That was the first year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the first two James Bond movies were released without without a lot of fanfare. It was not Goldfinger. Goldfinger. They blew out the marketing budget.
Speaker 6: So they could.
Speaker 3: But Doctor Though I didn't see the first two James Bond movies. My mother came home, havn't seen from Russia Love, and she said she couldn't explain the plot. It was just so wild. And then of course we all went to see Goldfinger in sixty four. But it's funny, you know the scene in Doctor No where Ursula Andres comes out of the water in that bikini.
Speaker 12: I tell you what you were talking about.
Speaker 13: That Joy.
Speaker 12: There were two hundred recruits in this indoor Joe's Hall, and they were showing the movie there when when that happened.
Speaker 8: Oh, the only thing I can compare it to from even back in the day before Barne was the scene with Rita Hayworth and.
Speaker 2: Gilda where she just shook her hair, snapped her head up, and that right was equal to Ursula Andrews coming out of the ocean.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Hey, you know, I just saw a little video on Facebook and barn one liners. There was about twenty minutes one liners from him and one liners from Double O seven.
Speaker 6: Was pretty good.
Speaker 12: It was a lot of funny one liners. You didn't realize.
Speaker 2: My favorite M one liner is where Barne had his watch fixed by Q and Like and he activated the magnet to take the spoon off the saucer and cup of tea that M was drinking. And Bond said, well, Q wired this. It's a magnet and allegedly it has the power to deflect the bullet at the right distance. And M said, I am so tempted to test that theory right now.
Speaker 12: The whole thing, you know, the name and the name's Double seven M and the you know, it's just like adults adult man's comic or something. You know, yeah, it was, it was.
Speaker 2: I gotta get two more people on. Thank you for the call. Happy holidays. Let's go to Robert and Wellesley.
Speaker 11: Robert, Hello, Oh, good evening. Good and good evening to your guests, mister Stephen J. Rubin and great show. I'd like to I'd like to agree with your guests. Higher ranking for George Rosenby and and Ausco Roger Moore. And I happened to hear an anecdote top by one of the Bond ladies, Carolyn Monroe, who spoke highly of Roger Moore as a as an actor, and thank you for mentioning the other Bond girls like Shirley Eaton Morgan. I certainly agree with your she deserves a high ranking among Bond women. And and Ursula Andrews. That's a that's a great scene. And and I liked your previous caller had some great comments. And I think that it sounds like the movie he saw was typical some shipboard uh movies shown on board Navy ships.
Speaker 2: Well, you know Carolyn Monroe, so I'm not mistaken. Her name was Naomi and she worked for Kurt Jurgen's in the spy who loved me, and she flew that helicopter and she was very sexy and usually taller women have a natural sexuality about them, which she did. But she would not surpass Shirley Eaton in my book, she was.
Speaker 3: She has that great moment where she's machine gunning or trying a machine gun Roger and the Lotus, and she sat them. It's a very sexy.
Speaker 2: Wink, very very all right, Robert, I get one more call to take. Thank you for taking the time to call. Happy holidays. There goes Robert and sharing You're lucky, you are lucky. I saved time for you.
Speaker 14: Oh well, thank you very much this evening. Merry Christmas, Happy holidays to everybody out there. I just have to make one point, and that is I want to talk really quickly about On Her Majesty's Secret Service, in my opinion, one of the underrated James Bond movies ever. I thought, I mean, for someone that didn't had hardly any acting experience, he didn't do a bad job all storyline.
Speaker 3: Off, I'll cut you off right there. He had zero acting experience. He lied his way into the interview, he lied his way into addition, and I still today maintained that, considering he had almost virtually never been on camera other than doing a chocolate ad in the in London, he was very comfortable in that role and very natural as Bond. I kind of wish he had stayed with it. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: Agree. Let me give you my problem with that movie. You sullied the image of James Bond by having him while he's waiting to break into that doctor's office to get the paperwork to find all about blow film, blah blah blah blah, he flips through a Playboy. He flips through Playboy magazine and pulls out the centerfold. This is James Bond, who could have any woman in the world, real, a live woman, and he's taking out the centerfold of Playboy to I guess, let it inspire him at a later date. Wrong.
Speaker 14: I think that was the only James Bond movie where Playboy was actually in. I believe.
Speaker 3: All I can say to that whole all I can say that whole thing is that this never happened to the other fellow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, Sean. I gotta say goodbye because i'mount of time. Happy holiday, Sean, Thank you, goodbye, Steven, thank you, thank you, Thank you, and we could do this for five hours. You and I both know that, and I will have you back in twenty twenty five. Okay.
Speaker 3: He always a pleasure for Morgan. We always have fun with our favorite stuff. And thanks to all the listeners, and happy holidays everybody. Stay safe out there and keep loving the Twilight Zone which is coming up in Marathon over news as always, and keep loving Bond.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Steven. Happy holidays to you and family. All right, everybody, all I have to do is say who's for the next two hours. Mel Simon's here on BZ time nine fifty eight twenty five degrees