Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up that news. You need advice?
Speaker 2: Who you don't have the.
Speaker 1: Come running just as fast.
Speaker 2: As we can.
Speaker 1: So Shooter's gonna help. Come man, This is.
Speaker 2: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martino, Hello Tom Martino here, Welcome to the only show of it's kind anywhere. And for those of you streaming, we have the studio in the bottom part of the frame where ugly Mark Major's there and his crew, and then I have the remote ship here at my studio, and next to me are my two sisters who are caretakers for the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: Mark, how is that?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: Private nurses, how's that? That's pretty incredible? I don't get you don't get better than that.
Speaker 3: And uh, they're real, They're really, they really are. By the way, nurses and respiratory therapist. They know what they're doing, so I have good, good help. And by the way, if you're just tuning in again, I don't I don't ever want to make the show about me, but it's pretty obvious. I've been in and out a lot recently and Mark was taking over and really it was cancer. That's what it is, pancreatic cancer, which is normally pretty much a death sentence, and by some miraculous turn of events, mine turned out to be totally operable and isolated and the surgery went well. But we've been through a lot of ups and downs with the chemo and all that, and now I was declared cancer free as a result of the curtain two weeks ago. It was a Monday, on the twenty eighth of April. And I just the reason I'm mentioning this is I've had marks so many wonderful well wishers and I want to tell them that I thank them, and I'm trying to answer them as I can, but i want to say thank you very much and we appreciate it. Unless you have any specific questions, I'm not going to belabor you with it, but I do want to say this that I'm putting myself out there if you ever need help or navigating the system, or questions about treatment or anything like that.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm a research dog man.
Speaker 3: I went into this thing and I consulted everyone everywhere.
Speaker 2: And if you are going through this, or you just.
Speaker 3: Got slapped in the head with the diagnosis, or you're in the middle of chemo and you have questions that are non medical, I would love to help you, and you can. I'm going to give you this number that comes right to my cell phone, absolutely directly to my cell phone. It's a Google number seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty and you will get me directly.
Speaker 2: It'll come right to.
Speaker 3: My cell phone even when we're off the air. Seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. Right now, I want to talk to.
Speaker 4: Robert.
Speaker 3: Robert had an issue with a lean from yesterday. Now, Robert, let's let's go back.
Speaker 4: Mark. Was this when I was taking Oh yeah, the contractor.
Speaker 2: We didn't even get to his call though, so just started from scratch.
Speaker 3: Brother, all right, we'll do that. Why don't you start Mark since you handled it to begin with?
Speaker 2: Well, no, what I'm saying, Robert, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 6: Hey? So, so I have a friend that has some property. I think it's to the north of the city. But anyways, he found out that he's got two leans. It's to a person that has his same name, same exact name. First and last thing.
Speaker 2: Oh wait wait a second, A lean on his property. What are you saying, even if it's his.
Speaker 6: Six that's what. He's got a lean on his property, but there are to a person. It's not his and he's been to.
Speaker 2: The wait wait wait, wait, wait wait wait, what do you mean it's not his it's not his property. I am puzzled.
Speaker 6: It's not his lean. He doesn't know, he doesn't know, oh anything.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, Robert, you're confusing me, because a lean goes on a property address, A lien is not on a person. So is there a lean on the property. He owns a lean on the property, and why is there a lean on there? Has he done any research?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's well, actually he's trying to get you. He was going to pass the property to his brother, but that's how he found out that there is.
Speaker 4: Robert, how old how old is the lean? How old is it?
Speaker 6: He thinks it about two years.
Speaker 2: And and he's never gone to court for it. No one's ever taken him to court, and he's the sole owner. Well, then they never perfected it, and it should drop off. And any title company in the world should know that all a leen is is all aleen is as a place in line to collect your share of the equity. But if they did not perfect that, as Mark said, if they did not try to foreclose, it drops off. But Robert, I have I have so many questions. How much is it for? How much is the lean for?
Speaker 6: So there's two leans, one for two thousand and one for fifteen hundred, but they are not his. They belong to a person that that I mean, it's not to It's probably the person that owes the money is someone that has the same last name and the same first name.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get it.
Speaker 3: Here's what happens when people owe money. This sounds like small judgments that were gotten against an individual. And Mark said, leans follow the property, and they do. However, when you do get a lean on a person, if we got a lean against you, Robert, we can then take that lean.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, a judgment against you.
Speaker 3: Let's say we went to small claims court and got a judgment for two grand I can then take that judgment and turn it into a lean on anything you own, including a motor vehicle. So that's probably what happened here. It's probably not for work on there. Now, if he knows for sure that it was on there in error, and he doesn't even know who these vendors are, he can have it removed with what's called a quiet title action. Maybe we get Brad O'Brien to talk about that. It's a quiet title action. Yes, it's it's very simple, but you do have to do something about it. This is a shotgun approach they use when they get a judgment. They go out for everyone with a similar name, and if there's property with equity or even without equity, they put leans on those properties. But those leans are simply placeholders. They can't nothing happens to them unless the creditor tries to collect on them.
Speaker 4: So let's get.
Speaker 3: Brad O'Brien up and ask Brad about this, this quiet title action and what you have to do to remove this. So hold on, Robert, and that's what we'll do. Now, Mark, we have a guest today. I noticed another ugly fellow in the studio. He is Henry Henry Bretts with Excel roofing, one of my original sponsors of all time in Denver and the first roofer on the referral list at referralist dot com. And Henry right now, I would say, it's a slow time, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Tom, absolutely, And you know I'm trying to take care of myself.
Speaker 4: I don't think I'm that ugly.
Speaker 3: But well, actually, actually we'll leave that to the audience to decide if they want to ask your daughter.
Speaker 2: She's about you know, close in age.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they grew up together. They're like brother and sister. They grew up together. They hang out all the time and so so. In fact, both kids were born within weeks of my kids, and they they've grown up together.
Speaker 4: That's all I can say.
Speaker 3: So No, Dulce thinks Henry's pretty nice and she won't say anything bad about him. But Henry, I have a really serious question what should be Is there anything we need to do right now to get ready for anything coming in the spring, because the spring you can't really do anything to prevent it.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you're going to get a storm, you get a storm.
Speaker 3: But are there things that the winter does to your roof that we need to undo or we need to check what do you normally do in a case like that?
Speaker 7: Sure, So, I got really three things to talk about, and specifically hitting at your first point, there's a lot of hail damage that hasn't been addressed yet, and a lot of claims are going to expire. Your your window to file a claim is going to expire, and we can't guarantee that we get another hailstorm this year. So I would urge everyone listening if you think you have hail damage, to reach out to us first and not call your insurance company to just check if you have damage. My second point of course, clean your gutters. You know, we're coming into the summer here, a lot of leaves and stuff of piled in there and there right. And then for this month we are running a special. So over the winter, solar panels get really dirty, right, and that's going to decrease their efficiency. So the special that we're running for this month is that we'll come out to people's houses and clean their solar panels for fifteen bucks each. The average array is probably about ten to fifteen panels something like that, so the numbers work out, but it's really an investment in the efficiency of the panels and it goes a long way.
Speaker 3: Okay, excel roofing dot com excel as an excellent excl excel roofing dot com three oh three seven six one sixty four hundred. They'll clean your solar panels, they'll clean your gutters, they do general inspection and maintenance. What I love about Excel is they don't just install roofs, They service roofs. That's really important to know because many times you need service. You need to know the condition of something, or where a leak is coming from, or if you have a problem with the with the flashing or whatever, and they're not there just to sell new roofs. They have a regular repair and service department and a maintenance department for people, for gutters and for solar panels and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Seven six six four hundred.
Speaker 3: Now we're gonna get Brad O'Brien on to talk about leans and how to get a lean off of your property if you believe it was put there in error. Then we also have an issue with the Parker Police Department. Okay, that'll be interesting. All of that coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 8: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talks seven three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: Waterpros dot net the best water systems, the lowest prices. Get reverse osmosis drinking water at the kitchen sing that's normally around eleven ninety five. And then you can do a whole house system normally around forty more than four grand all together now thirty nine ninety five for a whole house system with drinking water. You'll never do better. Waterpros dot net is that simple. Get healthy, not just with food and supplements, but your water. That's waterpros dot Net. Three oh three eighty six two five five five four. Listen, I have some information on a quiet title action. Let me bring Robert up. Robert, our real estate attorney's not available. But I went back to some past cases here and I took some notes on one similar case that you had, that that that we had similar to yours. First and foremost, I have to ask these questions, basic answers. How does he know that they're not his?
Speaker 4: We have the guy up.
Speaker 3: Is he still there, Robert? How do we know the leans are not his? All right, I'll tell you what he's Just tell me he's not there, and then I can move on.
Speaker 4: Just don't leave me hanging. Is he there or not? Let's move on?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 3: Thank you, and thank you for answering me, Kachina, I certainly appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Let's go on. Let's just move on.
Speaker 3: But with a quiet title action, you confirm that it's not you. If you really don't think it's you, then what you do is you move on to the next step, and that is you contact them and ask them to remove it. If they don't remove it and they know it's an error, you're going to have some damages coming your.
Speaker 4: Way if they refuse.
Speaker 3: But you can prepare what's called a quiet title action.
Speaker 4: What you do is you simply.
Speaker 2: All right, good, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: Robert.
Speaker 3: How do you know that these leans don't belong to your friend?
Speaker 6: Because he went I think he went to the Department of Treasury and he went all over the place and they told him that those weren't I guess they have some type of account number and they recognize that.
Speaker 10: Okay, he is well.
Speaker 2: And if they didn't get a judgment in the last year, I mean he's way past the dates.
Speaker 3: Right, right, So if they didn't do anything, if you simply have a lean on your property, why does he care about them?
Speaker 2: Let me ask you.
Speaker 3: That, because he wants to transfer the home to his brother. Yes, okay, did he ask the creditors to remove the leans?
Speaker 6: I don't think he got to that point. But they won't give him any information because it's not his information, so they know that they're not.
Speaker 2: No, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 3: He has to contact Are they two different creditors or are they the same creditor for each one?
Speaker 6: It's two different ones.
Speaker 4: That's very odd, very very odd.
Speaker 3: Okay, what he has to do he has to make a record of contacting each party and asking them to either provide evidence that he is the debtor or to remove it. And he has to do that so he can he can keep a file and if they do not answer him, or if they do not release it, then what he has to do is he has to file a quiet it's called quiet like noisy, it's quiet a quiet title action.
Speaker 4: And what he.
Speaker 3: Does is it's it's really a lawsuit and all it is is a declaration filed with the court asking that the leans be removed because they're not his. And he puts down his name, his address, his social and he and he he tells them it's not his. He sends those copies of the documents into the courts against the creditor. Now that creditor now has to answer the complaint. This should not be done on his own.
Speaker 2: It's basically a very it is.
Speaker 3: A mini lawsuit. That's exactly what it is. And what you're saying is this is not mine, remove it, and they.
Speaker 8: Have to legally.
Speaker 4: Well, I would get Brad O'Brien. Yes, you need an attorney.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, you can figure it out on your own if you want. You know, you can look up quiet title action to remove leans.
Speaker 2: The other thing to look at is notice of contest and that's where you'll simply serve them basically a thirty day notice and they're going to have to be required to file a lawsuit against you within that thirty days or they need to get rid of the lean.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, and all right, and hey, mark that notice that you just talked about, Yes, when how much time does he have to do that?
Speaker 2: Well, it doesn't matter once you figure out the liens on there, and this is only if it's invalid one invalidly and like this guy's saying, you can actually just google Colorado Notice of contest on a lean and basically fill that out, have them served with that, and basically within thirty days they have to file a lawsuit or drop it, and then if they don't, you can start seeking damages or your brother or whoever it is.
Speaker 3: Now, by the way, there is also something called a bush up or vessel a wrongful lean.
Speaker 2: So here's what he should do.
Speaker 4: First.
Speaker 3: Before you do what Mark suggested or I suggested with quiet title, the very first thing you should do is go to the county clerk and ask what is the easiest way to expunge this wrongful lean.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they have a form you can fill.
Speaker 3: Out, which is a motion, but they help you because it's all there and you just have to fill it out like the lean on a date and how much it is, and then you simply make a statement it's not mine, and then you.
Speaker 4: File it with the clerk.
Speaker 3: The clerk then sends notice out to the other party and will expunge it if they don't answer. So some counties do that, some do not, unfortunately, and I've always thought this was unfortunate.
Speaker 2: There are no easy ways to clear up title.
Speaker 3: Anyone can put a lien on your property for any reason whatsoever, and it's up to you to get it removed. And I always thought that was quite unfair. I even thought that people who put liens on your homes and make you do this should be responsible for your legal fees because you're and they're fat and happy, and all of a sudden you get like a lean on your property and it's done.
Speaker 2: It's either done in error, true error, or it's.
Speaker 3: Done because they find fifty Jack Smith's so they say, you know what, let's put liens on all fifty of them.
Speaker 2: And they do that.
Speaker 3: Now Mark Parker Police Department. I don't understand what's going on with this.
Speaker 10: A couple of days after Thanksgiving, around five thirty pm, thirty four degrees, my son was playing lacrosse that afternoon and he was driving my Honda Cord Older one without headlights. He forgot to turn on the headlights. He gets pulled over for.
Speaker 2: A d You want what time of day was this?
Speaker 4: What time of day was there?
Speaker 11: Five PM? A couple of days after.
Speaker 4: Things get okay, So his headlights were off.
Speaker 2: Where's the DUI come in? Did I? Did I hear that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Well, that's what I want to know.
Speaker 10: So he over on Chambers and then he pulls over into a side street. He swipes the curb a little bit and the police officer, brand new officer that just passed FTO thirty days ago, hired in June, officer Walter Copeland.
Speaker 4: He uh, none of that matters, you know, Mark.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter when he passed his test or when he went on duty.
Speaker 4: What matters is your your son's blood alcohol.
Speaker 10: He comes to the window and the first thing he says out of his mouth is how much did you have.
Speaker 11: To drink tonight? He says none, Well.
Speaker 10: Your eyes are red. Step out of the car. I'm gonna ask you one more time.
Speaker 11: How much? How much did you have to drink tonight?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 12: He does a right, he does a CFS and he claimed that he had mistagnus a gues.
Speaker 2: He never took the breathalyzer. Where are we going?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 10: He takes them into custody, takes them into Parker PD. And he blows, He blows triple zeros, releases them, releases him. He's sixteen years old. He releases him into my custody. And the officer says, I made a mistake. So, okay, here I am here. I am trying to sue in civil court in small claims for what seven thousand?
Speaker 2: What are you suing for? What are you suing for?
Speaker 4: Mark?
Speaker 10: False arrest, false imprisonment violation and Fourth Amendment?
Speaker 3: Right, there's no false that's not a false arrest and false for Is that a small claims avenue?
Speaker 2: Whatsoever?
Speaker 4: But Mark, really, I want to analyze this. I know you, Mark, I know you're angry. I know you're upset, and I would be too.
Speaker 3: But just because the officer made a mistake, the officer only has to have a suspicion. There's no way an officer in every arrest, in every case, can have a foregone conclusion. And that is a slam dunk conviction. So the officer did not do a false arrest or a false imprisonment. He did an intentional arrest and an intentional hold holding.
Speaker 2: It's not false.
Speaker 3: False is when they know it to be false, they know it not to be valid. But they do it for their own personal reasons, and or they do it because they're vindictive or vicious.
Speaker 4: You don't have a case here.
Speaker 3: And no, no, I have another question, though, Mark, I really do now, and I'm not trying to put you down. I truly want to dissect the thinking process here.
Speaker 2: What are your damages?
Speaker 10: Moral damages for a success?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 11: Driver?
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 8: What is moral?
Speaker 10: What of his mind? Being arrested for no cause?
Speaker 12: Putting hands?
Speaker 10: What police car is saying that he is under arrest?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd be pissed.
Speaker 3: And so what are the damages? Did you go to a psychiatrist? Did do a psychiatrist? Say your son suffers?
Speaker 2: What you have to have damages?
Speaker 13: Okay, violation?
Speaker 3: Tell me about Tell me what right? Tell me what violation? What rights were violated?
Speaker 4: Mark?
Speaker 2: What rights?
Speaker 10: Fourth Amendments?
Speaker 11: Right was violated? Taken into coach?
Speaker 3: No, no, don't say fourth No, don't say Fourth Amendment. Don't say Fourth Amendment. Tell me the rights that were violated.
Speaker 11: He was seized when he shouldn't have been seized.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me ask you something, Mark, do you think every single time someone is arrested it results in a conviction?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the ones that don't result in a conviction, are they all seized under false pretenses?
Speaker 4: Are they all violated?
Speaker 14: Most likely not?
Speaker 3: But you feel your do you feel the officer? Here's what I'm thinking. Do you think the officer targeted your son and did it vindictively?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 10: I think he was uneducated? He was his first arrest.
Speaker 4: No, that's not what I said. I said, did he target the boy?
Speaker 3: And did he do it vindictively to cause pain and suffering to your son? Knowing that the chargers were false? That's what false imprisonment and false arrest is. Okay, you really believe, and you really believe Mark, Mark. Listen, if the officer had a reasonable suspicion your son had been drinking and arrested him and it turned out that your son blew zeros and was not high or stoned, the system worked. The system worked going after the process. There is nothing wrong with what happened it, you know from just what you're telling me. If that officer he might have been doubtful and not know and he did this for safety reasons. But unless Mark, here's the bottom line, bro, You're you're gonna lose at every turn. You're not gonna get anything. You're just not How long ago was this It was.
Speaker 11: A couple of days after Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: I would if I and you have been trying to fight this this whole time.
Speaker 4: You've been trying to file a lawsuit.
Speaker 3: Correct, you can file a lawsuit against the officer easily.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you just hire an attorney to do that?
Speaker 11: I need a recommendation. I'm calling you.
Speaker 3: Do Okay, Okay, I'm gonna call Joelasara And since you called us, listen, even though I disagree with you, I want to at least give you the avenue to research this.
Speaker 2: And I want to know what Joela Zarra has to say.
Speaker 4: Tom.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know. If I i'd be very upset, and I know you would too if this happened to your kid. Yes, but I want to bring it at I want to bring it one more step. How about if it was, like I don't know, in Detroit or Michigan five years ago, and it was a black kid getting pulled over by a white officer with the exact same thing. I mean, there could be lawsuits, there could be protests, there could be a million things going on. I'd be very upset if I was this guy as well, whether or not i'd bring a lawsuit that that has nothing to do with it, but I might bring the hell out of that cop.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know, listen, I know I know that I would be upset, so Mark, I don't want to, but I would know. There is no lawsuit here, there is no there are no damages.
Speaker 4: Your son.
Speaker 3: Has he been to a psychiatrist or a psychologist once over this incident?
Speaker 2: Once?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 15: Then how are you going to prove any kind of emotional trauma? And in real life is it actually affected him? But let's get Mark Mark real quick. In real life, forget about if he went to a shrink or anything. Is he carrying on his normal or did this really affect him outside of the half hour or hour he went through.
Speaker 10: Oh he's an honor student, he's too smart for this. So the fact that has happened, Yeah, I'm pissed.
Speaker 2: He got a break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know you are. I got to take a break, Mark. Let's get an attorney on who handles these kinds of defenses, and he has sued police, and we'll talk to him right after this.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing.
Speaker 3: Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage? That does of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: We're trying to get an attorney on for Mark. Until we do, let's go over to Carl and talk to Carl.
Speaker 3: Carl, what's going on with your medical bill?
Speaker 16: I was at an event in uh Newport Beach a couple months ago and had a little medical event, nothing nothing big, just dizzy, and paramedics showed up and said, hey, can we check you out real quick?
Speaker 3: But wait a minute, Carl, when you say you had an event nothing too big and paramedics showed up, are they walking down the street and see you?
Speaker 4: Or I mean, how did they show up? Who called them?
Speaker 16: Someone called them?
Speaker 14: Someone called them, probably the hotel.
Speaker 3: Okay, why what were you exhibiting? Why would they call? I would like like somebody looked at you and said, call paramedics.
Speaker 4: What were you doing when.
Speaker 14: They said that, I I I got busy.
Speaker 16: I didn't really pass out, but I kind uh very close to passing out.
Speaker 2: Okay, but did anyone observe this?
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, a number of people?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, got it?
Speaker 3: And uh so someone called paramedics and what happened?
Speaker 16: They came, They checked me out. They said, we think you should go to the hospital. And I said, no, not a chance, that's not going to happen. I'm not there's nothing, there is really nothing wrong with me. And they said, well, you gotta you gotta talk with somebody at the hospit biddle or whatever to deny services or whatever. And so I did all that and.
Speaker 14: They went about their way. I went, wait, wait, wait.
Speaker 3: How did you how did you talk to people at the hospital? Was it on on a cell phone or how.
Speaker 16: Yeah, on the paramedic I think he brought it up on on like a tablet or something.
Speaker 3: Okay, And you denied and you so you opted out of further.
Speaker 14: Chair medical advice.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 3: They wanted to be not okay, I know what that is. They were doing that so they're not blamed if something happened to you.
Speaker 14: They were okay, exactly got it.
Speaker 16: And so I mean, they did hook me up to a.
Speaker 14: Mobile EKG. They checked my blood.
Speaker 16: Pressure, checked my blood sugar, and everything was normal with the well everything was normal. Blood sugar was a little bit low, but everything was normal. And I went, now, okay, Well, so I figured I figured paramedics showed up. This is part of you know, public servant type stuff, and that you know it's taxpayer funded. I get a bill in the mail, like five hundreds. At first, they wanted to know about my insurance, and I just ignored that.
Speaker 11: Well, then they send me a.
Speaker 16: Bill an invoice and I can pay them one hundred and twenty dollars because they think I'm uninsured. If I tell them I have insurance, they want like five hundred and eighty some dollars.
Speaker 7: So I have a question real quick. Did you end up giving them your address? It sounds like you didn't give them your insurance information.
Speaker 16: I didn't give them insurance information. I don't think I did, no, But they took my address and everything they wanted, all that info, and they.
Speaker 7: Clearly understand that you denied their services.
Speaker 16: Well, I mean I allowed them to check me out, but that was it. I wasn't going to the hospital here.
Speaker 4: But they did they ask you. Here's what I need to know.
Speaker 3: When they first showed up, did they say do you mind if we check you out?
Speaker 4: Or did they just go to work?
Speaker 16: They said, do you mind if we check you out?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: That was the.
Speaker 3: Approval you gave, and you could have said no. And the problem here is if they came up and started treating you without you saying anything or doing anything, you couldn't have been held responsible for that. But if they came up and said, sir, we were told you're a little dizzy or you're a little lops at whatever, and we.
Speaker 2: Want to check you out, is that okay?
Speaker 3: And if you gave them approval, even though you thought it was it was some kind of charity thing or public service thing, that could be construed as approval. And furthermore, if you opted out of the care, it showed that you probably were looked at. I think it's going to be hard, but they could definitely not bill you for just showing up without you calling, and if you're just there and they do it, they don't. They can't get you to pay for it. So where does it stand right now?
Speaker 16: Well, they sent me an invoice, then that's pretty much where it's at.
Speaker 14: And I just haven't I.
Speaker 16: Just want I just figured I gotta figure out what I need to do with it. And I just thought it was I mean, it's basically the fire department showed up.
Speaker 14: If fire department showed up and your house is.
Speaker 2: On fire.
Speaker 16: And they put the fire out, you don't pay the fire department for putting the fire up.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay us until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven to seven to one Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine to zero sixteen twenty two. Ripped off News need advice who you don't have?
Speaker 8: Come run anxious as fast as you can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come Max is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No, Tom Martinez, We my friends to the only show of its candrad here to solve problems, answer your questions, take complaints if you've been ripped off, or just need some help. Maybe a bad contractor out there, a bad land lord. Yeah, I say that all the time. I love dealing with bad landlords. And we've had deputies that have done such a bang up job getting people to get the heat turned back on or actually get them hot water. Fix a hot water heater. After three or four weeks, it gets a little ridiculous. And here's the other bottom line. You're ready for this. Any advice you need, We got a list of attorneys we can get on at referral liss dot com for free legal advice. Where else in this world can you do it? I got Henry Brett sitting on my left, Deputy d across from me, Scott over there making some noise, Kelly answering the phone, and of course Shannon running the board. Three O three seven one, three eight two five five. Any issues you have, three oh three Martino. That number works on and off the air. We got three lines open. We are going to have an attorney on in about ten or fifteen minutes. Is at right, Kelly, I think we're getting Marco Bendonelli. We are going to get Marco one yet. Yeah, So there's two different things we're gonna talk about Mark with that issue with the Parker Police Department. In Mark, I've got a little different insight I want to give you, But we are going to get Marco on I part ways with Tom on one part of it. I'd be very well, you know what Tom said, he'd be upset too, so that's not even fair of me to see. I don't think there's any lawsuit there, but I definitely want to talk to Marco on it. What I would want to do is make sure that cop gets retrained. And if you're just joining us. Basically, Mark's kid was pulled over coming back from a lacrosse game and he saw the lights come on. Hey Mark, why did they pull him over? What was the original reason they saw him hit a curb or what happened?
Speaker 10: He was driving without his headlights?
Speaker 2: Ah, I got you. That's a reason to get pulled over.
Speaker 10: And then he hit a curb and he was over. I got you as much right to the possible as possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got it. Then he hit a curb. The police officer pulled him over, said he had red eyes, and did he do a field for bread? I mean, did he touch his nose? He did all that? And are they saying.
Speaker 7: He's saying my question? I mean, did they breathalyze him on scene? Yeah?
Speaker 10: If they breathalyzed them on scene, I want to be calling you. But they took him, they arrested him and took a much mugshot, and they were about to do fingerprints or they did, Well.
Speaker 2: You just brought something up. I wonder they prints, So I wonder how that works. I'm gonna ask Marco that when we get him on That's very interesting. If you get arrested for a DUI, they do a mug shot, they fingerprint you, you are now in the system, no matter what I mean. Do they have to get rid of that stuff or that's just part of living in Parker, Colorado or anywhere else in the country for that matter. I don't know how that works. That. That's an interesting point to this. I didn't think of Dmitri. What do you think of that?
Speaker 17: Well, I'm interested in seeing if if he was actually charged with something or did they eventually did a breathalyzer or a blood test.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry you missed the first You missed that cost you know. So they pull him over, just like you said, they for whatever reason, they don't give him a roadside breathalyzer. It could because of his age. I don't know how that that consent works for that either, because he's sixteen. They get him to the station, he blows zeros and basically the cop did he kind of apologized, right, or said I made a mistake.
Speaker 11: No, he made a mistake.
Speaker 2: Apology, So he said I made a mistake. Well, that's somewhat of an apology. Mark, I know you're pissed. I'd be pissed too, But I mean that's some acknowledgment of something. At least he.
Speaker 10: Charged them and processed fingerprints before he blew zeros.
Speaker 2: That does not make any sense.
Speaker 7: I mean, why wouldn't they just have him use the breathalyzer on scene? Did he deny to use it?
Speaker 2: I don't know if they can at such team.
Speaker 7: They bring him back saying he asked for him, So why would they bring him back to the police apartment.
Speaker 2: I don't know how it works with minors, Henry, I just don't know, but I bet Marco does when we get him on. But I'm more interested in everything right now. First of all, Mark, I'm going to lay out I don't think you have a lawsuit at all. I don't know what your damages would be. There might be something to where your rights were violated, but that's not going to put a lot of money in your pocket. It might correct a circumstance, but really, what I think is it's a new cop. Just like you said, I would make sure his commanding officer makes sure to look at the body cam, which I know most police forces wear now they have to wear him and they have to be on basically every stop. And I think Parker Castle Rock they all fall under that in Douglas County and the dash cam, and I would see where it went wrong. I mean, is it possible, Mark, your kid came out and he's nervous and he's kind of tripping around, and maybe he does have red eyes. I mean, I don't know. I do find it very hard and I'd love to hear from a cop. I would love to hear from a copper retimeired cop. How many times did you bring someone in on DUI all the way to the station and they blow zeros? I would assume most cops that does not happen to but I could be wrong.
Speaker 17: Well, Gary, you know you remember last Monday we had a special guest here, retired Aurora lieutenant Gary. We can give him a call if you want and kind of get him to weigh in on this topic.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't find that at all. I mean, I love the topic.
Speaker 2: What I'm even more curious about from a legal Standpointoh, I don't care what the crime is. Just hold tight, Mark. As soon as we get Marco up. I promise you can ask the attorney all the questions in the world. But what I'm really curious about, I don't care what crime it is. But you get arrested, you get fingerprinted. Maybe I don't even know. Do they take DNA? I don't even know what they can do now. So whatever they take, you know, a hair follicle, a DNA, a blood test, whatever they do, a mugshot, do they keep all that when you're one hundred percent innocent? Are you now on file? I guess you. My guess is yes. But we'll find out. But no charges were even they brought him in on suspicion of dui. But the fact no charges were brought. I understand if chargers are brought and you lose the case, that's still there. That's public record in Colorado courts. So and so got arrested for a DUI in two thousand and five, even though even though he never was found guilty. That is in Colorado courts forever. But in a case where the where no charges were ever brought, would they keep the fingerpriis like my daughter's getting ready to graduate from law school. And notice how I like throwing that in because I'm very proud of my twenty three year old daughter getting ready to do was from law school. But listen, she had to go back through when applying to the bar, and literally list anytime she was arrested had nothing to do with guilt, nothing to do with anything. And that doesn't look good. I was pulled over for DUI when I was sixteen. I mean, really, no matter what, that doesn't look good.
Speaker 7: So, according to Tom's best friend here Ai, it says, in January first of twenty twenty two, Colorado lah mandated that the sealed or the records would be sealed automatically if no criminal charges were filed within one year of the arrest.
Speaker 2: Okay, so nothing filed, so it does go back to filed and in this case, so that's good news, Mark, that's really good news. It's not even gonna be in Colorado courts because nothing was filed.
Speaker 7: So it's a sealed record. But it does mention up here that it would not show up on any background check obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So but once again with the bar, and this will be another great question for Marco because he's an attorney. It's like, I'm telling you my daughter was listing stuff. I said, you might as well list when you snuck your boyfriend in or when you snuck out of the house. I mean, like, really, you might as well list if you're going to list something that dumb and I don't remember what it was. She's like, listen, you just don't understand. I gotta list everything.
Speaker 17: Can you imagine how many pages you would have had to append to that application?
Speaker 2: Let's take a break. Three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five. We do have lines, ope, and I'd love to hear from you. I got two deputies sitting right next to me, ready to think their teeth into stuff? Three zero three Martino, Help troubleshooter dot com. Everybody hold tight.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 3: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 14: Ay three oh.
Speaker 2: Three seven one three eight two five five three zero three Martino, you've been ripped off for taking care of you know. We're having a discussion here behind the scenes, and it's very interesting to me. I come from this on this call with this DUI. The kid blows zeros. I'd be very upset as a father, and I don't understand. We have Chopper, he's one of our deputies. He was uh he was in Denver, Denver PD. He's telling me. I asked him, I said, how many times have you pulled over a sixteen year old and you bring them down to the station and they blow zeros? He says thousands, thousands. I would assume the entire Denver Police Department should all be retrained at that point. If you literally have pulled a thousand kids out of their car, he gave them a roadside and I'm going off of what mark the dad said, and then brought them down and they blow zeros. Then you say I make a mistake a thousand times. That seems pretty bad. That seems pretty bad, and I wonder if that's true. I would love for a current officer in Denver to call me up three oh three seven one three eight two five five. You don't have to say your name. I promise you know. We have no tracking method, And I would love to know if you know of these thousands of people that have been pulled over at the age of sixteen that blow zeros and wanted a roadside right there by the car, but the cop refused to give it to them. Now, that simply could be because of age, and I'm hoping Marco Bendinelli, you know what, Henry, you're under thirty. What do you think about this whole call, seriously, what do you think about it? You know, Mark, I really.
Speaker 7: Believe that the cops should be breathalyzing a lot of these people that they're suspicious. You know, they need to have it out there. Driving under the influence is wrong, and I think that a lot of people get away with it and they shouldn't.
Speaker 2: But I really disagree with bringing them into the station.
Speaker 7: That just seems so bizarre to me and like a policy issue. They should have some sort of procedure just to breathalyze them on scene.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wonder why not unless if, once again, it's got.
Speaker 7: To do with the aide as far as him being like traumatized or having any emotional damages.
Speaker 2: This kind of thing happened to me when I was sixteen years old.
Speaker 7: What happened, I just you know, I got stopped for a DUI check. Obviously I wasn't drinking or anything, but the cop just took a look at me. I talked to the guy, I cooperated, and he told me to have a good night.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So was it at a roadside or to pull you over?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 7: I was driving through through Granby in winter Park that kind of area.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that little town before you go up and you know where.
Speaker 7: The killdozer was. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that sound right there. And you know he pulled me over. He said that I kind of swerved over the lane. I apologize, told him that I was driving back from Utah.
Speaker 2: He was just checking. Yeah, he was just checking with me.
Speaker 7: And you know, if you would have wanted to breathalyze me, I would have consented to it right there and you know, gone on my way.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But he didn't drag you into the police station.
Speaker 2: He didn't.
Speaker 4: Can't you imagine, Dmitri? I mean, what's your opinion.
Speaker 17: Well, you know, it's not an easy opinion to form based on the limited amount of information that we've been given.
Speaker 2: I would love to see pat one side of the story.
Speaker 17: Yeah, but we can easily get the true side, or the or the undisputable side of the story by looking at the badgecam video, which is available for approximately twenty five dollars. You're sure about that, Yeah, I bought. I recently bought for three different events in Denver. I bought three three badge cam records from Denver Police.
Speaker 2: That you do that, I'll pay for easy. I'd love to do that. Do I have to be Do we have to have the call or do it because he's related?
Speaker 17: No, it's public information, so anybody can do it.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, I can go pull dash cam.
Speaker 17: Yes for roughly nobody has not dash cams but body camera. Yeah. So yeah, you don't have to be part of that event. Anybody open with twenty five dollars can do so. In Denver, it's a very simple form. You a partner.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they have an analogous system in Parker.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I love that? So Mark here can give me Mark? Did you ask for the dash cam? By any way? Bodycam?
Speaker 10: I have all I have all the records, I have all the dash I have dash cam, and I have bodycam.
Speaker 6: Sev.
Speaker 11: It is muted.
Speaker 10: You can't, you can't hear?
Speaker 2: Well, what's it looking? What does it look like when you look at it? Does it look like he could be drunk? Be honest, No, I mean we already know he wasn't. But what I'm saying is, why why do you think TAKP brought him in? Just the bus balls? Honestly? Why do you think so.
Speaker 6: On?
Speaker 10: An uneducated?
Speaker 4: Just uneducated?
Speaker 8: Who's that?
Speaker 2: On? Who's online? Six? Hold on? Mark?
Speaker 4: Who's online?
Speaker 2: Six?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: Then you retrain the guy. He is brand new, like you said, so you have them retrained. We have a retired officer online. Ten Actually, let's bring up shamee.
Speaker 4: Hey Shane, what is have you been listening to this?
Speaker 14: Yeah? Hi, Mark, I have?
Speaker 2: So what is your opinion? First of all, I've got someone that I know personally that says, when he was a cop in Denver, this is like normal. If there's a sixteen year old and he's got red eyes or swerves or something, you bring him into the station for a dui and they blow zeros all the time. I just I can't even imagine that's real.
Speaker 14: Well I don't know that it's just specifically limited to sixteen year olds, but there are occasions when you do bring people in and they do blow zeros because they failed the roadside jazz.
Speaker 2: And then what makes it? Why wouldn't you give a sixteen year old a roadside breathalyzer? Do you have to because of their age they're a minor? Bring them in for some consent reason with their parents or why, and they just do it right there.
Speaker 14: Well, so there's two there's two things. Unless they've changed the loft and wait, not ten years ago but I don't think they have. So there's there's two things that issue here. There's roadside maneuvers that you typically give people, right, they call them SFST standard field sobriety as that's the walk and turn, touch your nose, that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but don't they usually do that, then a breathalyzer like both or you're saying if they fail that, they generally don't go to the roadside breathalyzer.
Speaker 14: Well, so this way they were right.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: My only experience here is I watch cops. I love that show Cops, and usually what I see is someone fails touching their nose. I mean, it's evident they're drunk, and then they're usually asked do you want to blow into this? Sometimes you're not, so I mean, that's really what I'm asking, Shane.
Speaker 14: But it used to be in Colorado. Those roadside breathalyzers the actual device we need. Some agencies don't even have them.
Speaker 2: Some agencies don't even have them. Hold on, I got a question for you the road.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it could be much more worth it for you guys just to get the breathalyzers and do it roadside, rather than actually bringing them in and booking them.
Speaker 2: Well, they're not, they're not admissible. So in other words, if you fail that, I mean, they still have to do one back at the station. Isn't that correct? Shane?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're just not calibrated right or often enough or accurate.
Speaker 17: Right right, But despite its evidentiary value, if you blow zero road side, then at least that saves everybody the time and effort of a ride downtown.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, it's extra leg work, but that should eliminate a little more process.
Speaker 2: How long ago were you a.
Speaker 14: Cop twenty seventeen and then part.
Speaker 2: Time for Okay, no, no, no, I mean it's pretty recent. Let me ask you this, when if you pulled someone over, and let's say you've got proper probable costs, you pull them over because they're speeding or license plate registration, whatever probable cause is real probable cause though, and sure you suspect them of drinking, but you ask them and they say, no, I haven't had anything to drink, and they're not fall down drunk. You can imagine that. I mean, typically, where do you go from there?
Speaker 14: Well, so then you look for other indicators, right like were they swerving? Did they you know when they stopped? Did they stop super fast or did they take forever? Were they driving like twenty miles an hour on a freeway? You know, are their eyes bloodshot and water? Is their speech slurred?
Speaker 11: You know, things like that. You look for other indicators.
Speaker 2: Being on the other side. Since you're not doing that anymore, let me ask you this, if you were on the other side and you got pulled over and the officer asked you, have you been drinking tonight? My understanding from our attorneys are criminal defense attorneys that we've been talking about. For whatever Joe Lazarrol's say, you never acknowledge it. You either don't answer the question or say it's none of your business or something. I mean, would you agree that's probably the best tactic because I always I won't say I argue with Joe. He's a criminal defense attorney. He's the one that's got to deal with the evidence and everything afterwards. But I've always questioned them like, doesn't that make you appear more guilty to the cop?
Speaker 4: I mean, if someone's telling you that as a cop, No, I'm not going.
Speaker 2: To answer your question. I mean, where do you go from there?
Speaker 13: Then?
Speaker 14: Shane, Well, it's definitely not the normal conversation that a person has with somebody else. So for them to say no, you know, as a police officer, you understand that they're not required to give you any answer and they're not required to talk to you. So if you go back to the same thing I was talking about, if you don't have any of those other indicators, then you cut them a ticket for whatever you pull them over for and set them on their way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, that's basically exactly what Joe said. Hey, Shane, I really do appreciate you calling in. I can't wait to see what the attorney says about it. But in general, do you think when you were doing this, could you how many times did you bring someone in that blue Zero's a kid too. I'm not talking like you know, a twenty thirty. I'm not talking someone that's been driving a long time. I'm talking someone that just got their license sixteen years old. Apparently he's got some bloodshot eyes. I mean, has that ever happened to you?
Speaker 14: Not I'm a kid, but one time in my career and as an adult, and what happened.
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 2: You just cut them loose, apologize or what?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 14: Well, so, in this particular case, the guy was involved in a traffic accident, I'll call to it, and it had already happened, and I still processed him and charged him, and then later on in court because we couldn't establish any of the roadside maneuversus that showed any indications or anything like that other than what he had told me then that the case was dismissed.
Speaker 2: Actually, hey, what department did you work for?
Speaker 4: Do you mind that?
Speaker 2: Saying?
Speaker 11: Sure, Weld County Riff's Office.
Speaker 2: Let me let I want to ask you one more thing. Is there is there a lot of profiling? I mean, is that like literally you were kind of in the boys club or the cops club down there? I mean, is there good old boys in Weld County or other agencies that you know of? There's always bad apples. I don't care where you're from, but I'm talking systemic. Would you say someone black in Weld County is more likely to get pulled over? Or someone Mexican or somebody I don't know, I don't know anything, but say a white person. Is that like a real deal? Is it still like that?
Speaker 14: I mean, I guess it could be in some jurisdictions, But you got to think about it like this mark. If you're pulling somebody over for speeding or you know they've done something in front of you or whatever, nine times out of ten you don't know what the person in the car looks like. You've seen the car do something and you're pulling them up. You don't know who's in the car until you get up to it after they stopped.
Speaker 2: In other words, it'd be pretty damn hard to profile. You'd probably have to have binoculars.
Speaker 7: I mean, you can probably look at the car right, Like, if the car is missing its bumper and missing a plate and the windows are tinted out and it's flying down the highway, that's probably setting some red flags off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's not racial profiling. That's like that car is a piece of drunk but you're profiling the vehicle. Yeah, well, okay, I would agree, Shane. Is that okay to do?
Speaker 8: Pro?
Speaker 2: Do you profile vehicles? I would if I was a cop. First of all, those windows being that tinted or probably not legal.
Speaker 14: It's not profiling the car. You're just looking for equipment violations or traffic violations. That's that's what you're paid to do, right, is look for anything that's the violation of the lot, whether it's the tent, or whether it's a license plate that's not on the car or the expired plate, or if the driver's beating. You know, it's not profiling per se. It's just you're looking for violations of the law. Okay, the equipment.
Speaker 2: I promise you. Last question, is this true? Because we hear this all the time. The town is running into some money problems, and the captain really comes to you and say we're gonna step up tickets. I'm not saying we're gonna step up enforcement. I'm not saying you're gonna make up stuff. But now it's time to get everybody out there and get some revenue coming in. Is that a real thing where you worked?
Speaker 14: No, But then again, Will County has never had budget problems.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Hey Shane, I appreciate it. Man, great call. Three O three seven one three eight two five five. Jeff has an issue with the Colorado Springs PD. Yikes. And then Janey will talk to you as well. One line open, three oh three Martino and Marks. Soon as we hear from Bend and Ellie, I promise we'll get them on.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing. Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent to You're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance.
Speaker 4: Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 14: All right, three oh.
Speaker 2: Three seven onety three A two five five. Hey Kelly, where are we coming on? Marco? I want to kind of move on to other stuff, but I really want to get Mark. I am able to talk to an attorney. I understand. Uh tell Marco I'm going to come after him personally if he doesn't get his butt on here. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five my best? All right, thank you, Hey, Jeff, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: I can't believe we're having another issue with a police department.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, sir, Yes, hey, thanks for taking my call. Have a have a question related to I run a small business in Colorado Springs, and I'll uh I'll uh, I won't mention won't once, won't mention the name because I'm I'm pursuing a couple avenues here. But what had happened is.
Speaker 2: Jeff, Jeff, let me ask you this though. Is it like a storefront or like uh or is it like you're a landscape or a service and you live at your house or is there actually a storefront or an office?
Speaker 14: Yeah, we we have a storefront in the vehicle services industry, got it? And I've reported everything that we have. We have a very good video surveillance system on site, and I've reported everything, basically, everything that has happened on site. And I when when something happens, Hey, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Give me an idea though. Are we talking like vandalism on customers cars? What are we talking about?
Speaker 14: But vandalism people try to typically they try to break into coinboxes on site.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, interesting exactly?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And and are they outside or inside the business.
Speaker 14: They are facing the customer coinboxes that face the customer for a car wash, basically is what it is?
Speaker 2: Okay, I got you. So they're literally showing up with a crowbar or a screwdriver and stealing.
Speaker 14: That's exactly right. And I have reported. I mean literally I have. I have thumb drives in a backup video. I've reported over one hundred incidents.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, a hundred. So let me ask you this, like when you report a particular one has have officers actually came out and looked at the video?
Speaker 14: I actually back up all the video. And the one of the problems is that property crimes are at the low the lowest of the lowest end of the spectrum for getting officers to show up.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we're talking something that's crazy. We're talking one hundred, one hundred different calls. I mean, that's absolutely nuts in any of the videos. In other words, do you know who's doing it?
Speaker 14: Well, I have very good video surveillance, and I'm just going to use a specific example. Yeah, September of twenty twenty four, at seven fifty am, I have video surveillance of a black escalade with three male individuals and their female.
Speaker 4: Counter.
Speaker 2: And what do they do? They pull up, They pull up, get out. You have like a picture of the license plate?
Speaker 14: I do, I do have a do have a picture of the plate, and they take out their takeout crow bars. Three of them are working on the coinbox I happen to I have remote video surveillance, so at seven fifty am, I report this on a nine to one one call to Calado Springs Police Department.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, because it's going down right then and there exactly. Hold on, Hold on, man, this is Kelly. I want to copy of that video from him if he's telling me he's watching it live as these three hoodlums or four hoodlums are basically breaking into his cash boxes and they don't respond at all while it's going on. That's insane. We need to talk to somebody down there. Let's get this video though.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 8: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five one line open. By the way, this hour brought to you by Frank Duran, the real estate man man. Do I like Frank Duran. Here's the bottom line. You want to sell your house quicker and for more money, you go to Frank Duran homes dot com. The other thing I want to warn everybody with right now, So I'm going to take Frank as a great example of what a good realtor does. If you want to argue or fight your property valuation, you guys, realize.
Speaker 4: You only have basically to the end of the month May.
Speaker 2: So if you got that notice from Douglas County or wherever you live that your property valuation is whatever, this is an odd year, so you will get them. I just got mine, and Frank is going to do a free, one hundred percent free analysis on my home and for the first time ever, I'm hoping it comes in less. Actually for the second time ever. He did it for me a couple of years ago and saved me quite a bit on taxes. If you call Frank up you can get that free valuation. Make sure your city or your county is not screwing you over on valuation for taxes. You only have till very beginning of June. If I recall, I don't have the data up, but basically through May and Frank will do that. He'll do that one hundred percent for free. And if you just want to know how much your house is worth, it's a great free tool. You can't beat it. Plus you're going to talk to the nicest guy in the world. And the other thing Frank does, listen to this. He sells more homes for more money in one month than all the other realators. I can't say all of them, but most other realtors in Colorado sell in over a year more money and quicker. Frank duranhomes dot com. In fact, tell Kelly at some point, I want to get Frank on to talk about that evaluation for people in the same boat I am. Douglas County told me my house magically, my house magically is worth three hundred thousand dollars more than it was two years ago. So I want to understand where this magic comes from, because when I go to sell it, I hope that's right. But you know, how come when the evaluation goes down, Douglas County isn't sending me out of notice. So I really want to talk about that. Hey, Jeff, let's get back to you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: You own a business. I'm just going to say it. It's like a car wash. And you have video of this was an excursion. What kind of vehicle is a big one escalator?
Speaker 14: This was a black escalade yet like a four door, fatally new escalator.
Speaker 2: And it pulls up and while your alarm on your camera goes off motion detector whatever you got r low, I don't care what it is. You get on your phone or get on your computer, and you're watching this happen in Colorado Springs. You're watching three people or four people break into all your boxes to steal the money that's in there. And you call up nine to one one and tell them at this address, at this business. They're there right now stealing and what happened?
Speaker 14: Correct? They were there for forty minutes. The officers didn't show up until two fifteen pos.
Speaker 2: This is ridiculous, This is so absurd. Here's what I want to do. Okay, here's what I want to do. And you've got this video right yeah, and this is eight or nine in the morning.
Speaker 14: It was seven fifty am.
Speaker 2: So we're not even talking like a Friday night when there's other stuff going on. They can't even say well, I guess they can say whatever, But go ahead, Jeff, I'm sorry, keep cutting you off. My head's going to explode. If I were you, i'd go crazy.
Speaker 14: Oh that's exactly right. And I lost my temper when they showed up and I gave him. I gave him the riot Act.
Speaker 2: Given the business.
Speaker 14: It goes a little bit further later that I spent approximately five to six hours trying to straighten out a stainless steel door on my coin box. Approximately three point fifteen pm. There's an individual that I'm going to call him a transient because that's how we act.
Speaker 2: Yeah, homeless whatever.
Speaker 4: She shows up.
Speaker 14: He shows up, and I've talked to him four or five times being on the lot.
Speaker 2: He shows up when you're there or later.
Speaker 14: Exactly now, he shows up while I'm there, he's getting ready. So I've told him four or five times prior to this in the previous six months, if you're not a customer here, you need to get off the lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't want him there, Okay, So now what?
Speaker 14: And so he tells me call CSPD, see if they show up, and what Colorado Springs Police Department has told me, is I need a clear picture of his face. I need a clear picture of their vehicle.
Speaker 2: Did you get a picture of them.
Speaker 14: I've got a picture of them. While I'm taking a picture of them, he hits my hand, he hits my phone. My phone goes ten feet in the air, drops to the ground. I pick up my phone. I level them, took the ground.
Speaker 2: I leave. Wait a minute, and wait, wait, I don't want to glance over what you just said. You leveled him to the ground. What exactly did you do? Hold on, Hold on, Jeff, we're coming up. I'm dying to hear the rest of this story. But we've only got about forty seconds, and Janey, I'm gonna take your comment real quick on checkpoints, Jeff, I promise I want to hear it. Not only that, I'm going to probably reach out on the first problem. You have to KRD News down in the Springs to see if we can't get a news story. Go ahead, Janey, okay, real quick.
Speaker 4: I'm dirty.
Speaker 14: I'd had a half a bear three hours before I drove through a.
Speaker 2: Check All right, Hold on, Janny, I'm sorry, I don't want to hear that in twenty seconds. I want to hear your story, I really do, and we're going to have a criminal defense attorney on real quick. Jeff, I hope you didn't get arrested. I swear to God. I hope we're gonna find out back and a lot more right after this.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine to zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 9: Ripped new.
Speaker 2: So you don't have.
Speaker 1: The Shooter's gonna help him come.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 2: He is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome to the only show of it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. We are here to make your life a little bit better. You've been ripped off. Or taking advantage over and need some help real quick, Kelly, Joe Lazaira is ready to come on as soon as you see your dragon. Uh, let's get Joe on. I've got him on for two calls. He's one of the best criminal defense attorneys I know, period end of story. He's a great guy, and we're gonna We've got two things. We're following up with him. On one, Marx kid got arrested, got h basically breathalyzer. They arrested him on a DUI. He did not get charged. He blew zeros and he's got a ton of questions. And then Jeff possibly we haven't got to the end of the story, so I'm gonna jump into that, but I do want to tell everybody we got one line open. If you want to get through now, it's time to do it. Three zero three seven one three eight two five five. And then Janey, I'll come to you right after Jeff finishes. She went through a checkpoint and I'm not sure what happened, but she might have a question for our criminal defense attorney too. But I want to hear a story. So Jeff, Colorado Springs Police Department, you have made and I have to recap for people just joining us, so I'll do it quick, Jeff. But you own a business down there. You have called the police numerous times because they pull up to your car wash or your laundry matt whatever it is where there's outside boxes and they break in and they steal the money out of there. And you have called numerous times over the years, and nothing seems to happen. You've done reports. But this particular time we're talking about, you called. While people in a keep wanting to say excursion, it's not. It's a what escalate escalator? You know they're doing well if their rolling on escalator, they must be stealing a lot of dough if they're rolling around in the escalade. So a black escalade pulls up his motion censor and his business goes off. It's eight nine o'clock in the morning. He looks at his phone. He sees the video. These people were there forty minutes. He called the police, the Colorado Springs Police Department. He calls them immediately and he says, hey, they're there right now. There's four of them. They're in this black truck and they're stealing. They're breaking into my stuff. They never show up.
Speaker 4: I assume those people stole money and took off, right.
Speaker 14: Well, they they broke into a billet scepter, and the money, the money is insignificant.
Speaker 2: That it's the damage they did to it.
Speaker 14: That's exactly right. Okay, So I've got a long history of that happening.
Speaker 2: I got it, Jeff, I get it. It's like breaking into a soda machine to steal the you know, the one hundred and fifty bucks in there, but you do five hundred, one thousand dollars worth of damage to the coke machine. But I get it. So the cops don't show up. It took him how long to show up? Like fifty sixty minutes?
Speaker 14: Oh no, it's two fifteen pm, so three.
Speaker 2: Or four hours later? Can you imagine.
Speaker 14: Over six hours later?
Speaker 8: But in the meantime show up.
Speaker 4: Hold on though, In the meantime what happens.
Speaker 2: You get down there, you start trying to fix the door, and this homeless guy shows up, and you've seen him there before. You've told him, if you're not a customer, get off my property, and basically the cops have told you before. In order to do anything with these vagrants, you got to get a picture of them so we can see what he looks like. So you go to take a picture of him, the guy slaps the phone out of your hand. It flies up ten feet, comes down. You go and get it. And then where we left off is you level him right that? Yeah, we need to get into that one.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I slapped him to the ground.
Speaker 2: You my phone slapped.
Speaker 14: I slapped him to the I slapped him okay, open hand, open hand, left to right, slapped him to the ground, leveled them. And then I lock up the business and I'm walking to my car because I've noticed there's there's like three people in his car. So I'm not going to get surrounded by three people. So I get in my car.
Speaker 2: So the homeless had a car with two other people in it.
Speaker 14: That's right, there's three people in that car.
Speaker 2: Now is it possible? And I just want to ask you this, Jeff. Is it possible because they're in a car and it's a car wash, they were coming to wash their car.
Speaker 14: No, they've never they've never washed the car, they've never vacuumed their car.
Speaker 2: What do they generally do there?
Speaker 14: Well, this individual, what what has happened in the past is vagrants walk around the car wash, they try to walk around, they're they're they're looking for opportunity. I'll put it that way.
Speaker 2: Wait, fair enough, So what happened now? Did they call the police?
Speaker 14: Okay, they called the police, Uh, because I I leveled this individual. I left the site and called them. Yeah, and then uh, you know, called them, called the Tallatta Springs Police Department to tell them that I was assaulted by this individual and I've left. Uh, I've left the site. So long story short, he gets he gets charged with trespassing. He was not charged with assaulting me because of your hand.
Speaker 11: That's right.
Speaker 2: Okay, keep going, you get charged.
Speaker 14: Yes, I got charged with Originally I got charged with a felony for slapping him. It was reduced to a low level misdemeanor. But the issue is he assaulted me.
Speaker 2: When did this go down.
Speaker 14: The same day, September eighth, And when is the court date? I've already gone to I've already gone to court, and the the DA reduced based on the video. The DA reduced my charge to a low level misdemeanor. However, the issue is that individual that assaulted me got charged with trespassing, which doesn't make sense. So the reason for my call is I'm trying to determine what is my best course of action to get this career. Is it internal affairs because my assumption, or is it with an attorney.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you told me. You know, there's a few things here, man, Hold on, I just I want to put you on a hold just for a second. Joe Lazera, Joe, I've got two things for you. Hold on a second. I hit the wrong line. Hey Joe, are you there? I am, Hey man, I've got two things for you. One Jeff. I didn't realize he already went to court, but I figured I knew where the story's going. You know, his story is a vagrance basically on his property, and he was trying to get a picture of him because the Colorado Springs Police Department, uh simply, you know, wanted a picture of him in order to do anything. And the guy slaps him, knocks his phone out. This guy, I don't know if it's self defense whatever, but he levels them. That's his own words. He ends up getting a misdemeanor because they have a video of it. So they knock it down from the original felling knee to a misdemeanor. So I got I got two things here. I know you haven't looked at the video. He does have the video, but at this point it doesn't even matter because it's it's over. But something along there where would you argue that in court with the DA?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean obviously while the case is pending, you know, at a pre truck conference stage or an arrangement stage, would argue to the DA that he's acting himself to that. Yeah, But if he's already plaid incentives, yeah.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. Right now, let's go to the other thing that's driving me crazy. You do quite a bit of work in Colorado Springs, right right, So this guy is saying the first part of his story before it got to that, he calls it eight am or nine am. Literally, there's people that spend forty five minutes breaking into his coin machines or dollar machines at his car wash. He calls nine to one one. They don't show up till two o'clock. He has called the police for this same kind of stuff, different people. Sometimes they're the same people about one hundred times and they never show up. I mean, is there anything a business owner can possibly do that you know of? I mean it seems crazy. You call up and go it's going on right now. I'm watching it on my camera and we're not talking Friday or Saturday night at one am in the morning. We're talking eight or nine o'clock in the morning. What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 11: Right? I think you know with these police departments arriving later and later, and that they'll argue that a budget issues. But I think you know you've got to make them complaints known, not only to the police department, but also to the media. That's number one. Number two. Yeah, you can't really defend to a certain degree. You can't really defend your property like that. I mean, you can't use any type of deadly force or physical force unless you know you're acting in self defense other than putting yourself in jeopardy and saying hey you need to stop, or having cameras everywhere.
Speaker 13: Yeah, there's not much.
Speaker 11: What else he can do?
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Now listen, here's what I want to do. I wanted because I have you on right now. I've got Mark and I'm going to bring him up right after this. You can hang with us a few minutes. I hope I can't. So Mark's son is sixteen years old. I just want to paint this picture. He was coming back from a lacrosse game, new driver. He ends up getting pulled over by a Parker PD. They say he's been drinking. They basically arrest him. They take them to the station. He blows zero's the cop. I called an apology, but the cop says I made a mistake. And the parents come and pick him up. And Mark is furious about this situation. The question becomes is there anything he can or he should do about it? He wants to sue everybody. I don't even know what he'd be suing for. I don't know what the damages are, but that is that question. And then, believe it or not, Janey has a question. I think she got a dui at a checkpoint. It's insane today. Everybody hold on.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 8: You don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 3: Contenth time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three O three seven one three eight two five five. I'm gonna go right to our expert. Jill loves there, Joe, So I'm gonna lock you in and I'm gonna bring markup. Here's the bottom line. His son gets arrested, sixteen years old. They get to the station, he blows zeros, and the cop basically says, this isn't Parker. The cop. Oh, by the way, I don't know how relevant it is, probably not, but the cop was brand new. In fact, Mark thinks this was his first arrest. He was like fresh out of the academy or whatever that looks like. And he's really upset. He wants a lawsuit. He's talking Fourth Amendment civil rights. So, Joe, give me kind of your opinion on it. I would assume this happens more than it doesn't.
Speaker 11: So they did not charge him at all.
Speaker 10: Correct, they did not charge him, but they did charge him. They processed him, fingerprints, smugshot, everything before he blew zeros.
Speaker 11: A couple different things. One, you want to make sure see if that's on his criminal record at all, the arrest. That's number one. Number Two, theoretically there is a lawsuit. Damages are not huge, but theoretically there is a zoo because he was arrested and detained against his will. But I'm seeing with regards to these bacs saying more and more, I've had more DUIs with dacs at zero or well below the legal limit and I ever have in my thirty some years.
Speaker 2: Why why?
Speaker 11: I think it has to do with training, I really do. And I think that's the number one thing that they're not doing. Is there there's an assumption, Hey, if I smile alcohol or if you have certain endisha, I'm going to just jump to the conclusion it's a duy without being thoroughly trained in order to determine whether or not it is. I bet you I have at least six right now, six cases that are all below the legal limit.
Speaker 2: So wait a minute, then, how was their actual charges if they're below the legal limit, or they are they saying, oh, you must have been high or what? I guess I don't get that, Joe.
Speaker 11: So several of them, most of them are blood tests. So they get arrested, they get cited, they have a court date, they had submitted to a blood test. Blood test comes back either no alcohol or.
Speaker 2: Well blow oh wait a minute, Wait a minute. How long did generally take for a blood test?
Speaker 11: Three to six months?
Speaker 2: So wait a second, So what happens in the introm before that comes back? Charges are definitely pressed at that point because they contacted you. But I mean, like, do they lose their license? Do some of these people like what happens now?
Speaker 11: Usually not. But usually we're just dealing with multiple court appearances because the courts don't really want to set out too far in light of the fact that the blood tests are taking so long, and that's CBI and that's a government agency that's taken so long. I mean, we can get a retest and know the number that we're dealing with within two to three weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, that's crazy. And then you can step in and show that to the DA's office or the prosecution or the judge whoever you need to and kind of put it behind it. But here's the part that really sucks about this. These people come out of pocket to hire you. Is there any ramifications to go after the police officer themselves. I'm sure that that probably can't happen under the scope of most normal things. But is there any way you can ever get like victim's advocate money or something.
Speaker 11: Now, I'm usually other than suing them or you know, I mean, the most you can A lot of times you can get is pay this person needs to do to additional training and you know he can report that. But other than that, that's really what happens. I mean a lot of these das I have cases right now where they're pulled over for say speeding or you know, some type of traffic violet and submit to the blood test it's below the legal limit or no alcohol rugs, and yet they want him to plead to the traffic offense, which prohibits on stealing the record, so it stays on the record that they got arrested for a DUI or whatever. So those are some of the battles that we're fighting right now. Some DA's are more than agreeable and dismissing the cases, but EAHDA in each office is different.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, Mark, did your son get a ticket for the swerving or the headlights out or did they just cut them loose all together, cut them loose. So if he did, let's say that cop after making this mistake, because honestly, in my opinion, that's what it is. If they did give him a ticket for having his headlights off or whatever the thing is you're saying, Joe, that would still be on his record that he was arrested for DUI.
Speaker 11: Well, I think right now it may show up that he's got arrested for a DUI.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, that's something you have.
Speaker 11: To look at. Your want to pull that and double.
Speaker 2: Check and what happens if it is on there? Does that mean he needs to hire someone like you to get it expunged?
Speaker 11: You can seal it. I mean, it's Colorado's now simplified, so an individual could do that on their own. But that's something I would tell you to just double check, because I'm not sure if the jails process and whether they would afforded the fingerprints and the charges to CBI or not.
Speaker 2: Hey, Joe, the other thing is he said his son wanted to do a breath test right then and there when pulled over, and they decided to bring him in instead. But does that have anything to do with his age? If you're sixteen years old? Do they have to bring you in? Can you consent to a breathalyzer? I mean, what are the rules when you're a minor, but yet you're able to drive.
Speaker 11: So with regards to the PBT, you know a lot of the officers don't have one.
Speaker 2: Got in their vehicle because you can't even use them in court. We always have as well, I missed that last part show.
Speaker 11: Oh they're not admissible in court. Yeah, that you can't use them?
Speaker 2: Is that why they don't carry him that much?
Speaker 11: Plus they're expensive, they have to be calibrated, and it's just a tool that they use kind of like road types.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Hey, Joe, it's Henry here. I've got a question for you.
Speaker 7: So, if the breathalyzer doesn't work in court and they're some of your clients are facing these only the roadside, Yeah, they're If they're facing these charges and they're waiting for that blood sample to come back, what argument is happening in court or what proceedings are happening?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why are you there? In other words, you said there's court dates Joe, right, So.
Speaker 11: And I just want to clarify the PBT, the portable bread test that they give on scene that's not admissible. Deck can not be used in court.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 11: They usually will have it didn't blow it to the atoxized machine, which is what this sixteen year old did. But I like say, on my cases where we're doing blood, we go to court and we simply show up and it gets continued. That happens multiple times, until it still happens even on people over the legal limit. We're showing up to court multiple been having those cases continued while we're waiting on Colorado Bureau of Investigation and analyzed bloodst.
Speaker 2: I mean, what are you even doing though? If there's not a whole lot of information's got a court there, they have to go to court, they're summons to court. They have no choice but to show up and right, Joe, what's the conversation then we.
Speaker 11: Don't have that. Yeah, I mean we'll have the police reports and everything, but waiting on the blood the blooder. Often the das cannot offer, make any type of offer or do anything until they see the state's ask result. So a lot of times you're just simply showing up, we don't have blood, and they're continuing it.
Speaker 2: Hey, Joe, so and Mark I'll let you ask whatever questions in a second. But between you and Henry, you made me think of something we always hear of right to a speedy trial. And then when you said, CBI, I watched this story four or five months ago, we're like rape kits. Like literally, if someone gets raped in Colorado, it can take up to two years because we had some sham running the lab or something a while back. So when there's delays like that, do you, as a defense attorney, knowing these delays are crazy, just right to a speedy trial ever come into play?
Speaker 11: So you can as soon as you are not guilty, please, So sometimes we'll not guilty, glee right away and get that clock counting, you know, running. Otherwise, sometimes we'll just continue, especially since we'll know the result because we can get a second. For example, we tested a private lab, we'll know that result. A lot of times we'll discontinue it to get medication.
Speaker 10: Mark, you got any questions there any kind of civil rights Fourth Amendment violation you see here?
Speaker 11: If I could have one, if you want to call me, he was speaking Ry. I'd like to call you offline, if you don't mind. Yeah, that'd be fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do that. Hey, Joe Lozara, I like always, Man, I really appreciate you coming on. You're a wealth of information when it comes to rights that a lot of people don't know. We've got Memorial Day come fourth of July, than before you know it, we're running into New Year's all the dui stuff, and I love having you on just to educate people. So I'll get you on again. But I got to give your number out again. Anybody out there, and if you have any questions, if you're facing something you need help. I mean, I don't know what else to say. Why would you go up against a DA or an attorney and a judge when you don't have anybody on your side? You're crazy, Joe. Last question, the outlook when someone has a DUI with an attorney or with you, I should say, compared to not having an attorney. I mean, like, give us a difference of what the outcome could be. I know that's hard to do.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it is hard, but I would say, you know, most attorneys are good. Duy attorneys can't evaluate the facts. That's number one. Are the legitimate issues. That's a big factor. The other thing is just being able to negotiate. I mean I did the case the other day. BAC was well over almost a point four, and we were able to get the very minimum in home detention sentence. So those things happen, whereas I think most cases, most individuals would walk in and have a higher jail sentence including jail. So a lot of times, even in the worst case, we can get an home or minimum at home and lesser penalties. And that's I think a big area where duy attorneys play a huge hole is the mitigation. If you can't beat it, how do we minimize that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. And then the last thing would be on that kind of stuff, and I mean DUIs. I mean maybe if they're three or four times in on a felony, it might be different. But you do have flat rate pricing on some of that stuff, right. So in other words, if someone calls you now that is facing a DUI and they're like, oh, well, you know it's going to be what it is necessarily, that's not true. You might be able to help them big time by looking at the facts, but you can actually give them a quote on what it's going to run. Most cases, Oh yeah.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, we do flatb pricing even the felonydus I love.
Speaker 2: It three oh three four two nine sixty two hundred, Joe Lazzara, I promise you people put it in your phone three zero three four two nine sixty two hundred call with any questions. He represents the entire Gamut three oh three four two nine sixty two hundred.
Speaker 4: Thanks to you.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine.
Speaker 4: Two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, threeho three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, you've been ripped off for taking advantage of my goodness to Meitred. Do you remember a show where we had so many calls for a criminal defense attorney? I mean, I just don't remember one in a long time.
Speaker 17: No, well, I think it's because this topic just hasn't come up in a long time. But people are extremely concerned about crime. Like this gentleman in Colorado Springs with his car wash. I mean, what is he to do? I mean, just forget about what he already went through there.
Speaker 2: This guy's getting ripped off all the time in the Colorado Springs Police Department. Just period, don't show up.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and it's going to keep going on, And the same thing happens in Denver, the same thing happens.
Speaker 2: I'm going to introduce you. One of these days. You and I will take a drive down when time's uh one hundred percent back, which should be you know, pretty soon, you and I will head down to KRDO in the Springs, and I want to introduce you to their TV people because occasionally we get a good like that, they'll jump on it. And it's basically like having nine News or Fox thirty one down there. I believe.
Speaker 4: I don't want to say.
Speaker 2: It, but I think they're the NBC affiliate. It's one of the three big ones. But sometimes that works out really good. I wish we had that kind of connection here. Generally, hear what happens is one of the news people are just listening and then they steal the story. But anyhow, that's just what I've seen.
Speaker 17: It's a great idea, especially in the context of this being a consumer of fish and he's got a video, and this gentleman really is a consumer of police services and he's getting really crappy service over there, and it would be nice to find out what can be done about that.
Speaker 2: You know, you were talking to Henry Bradstur in the break and you said a very interesting question. You said, Hey, how much would a slate roof cost? And right now you basically just have Aspholet shingles. Right.
Speaker 17: Well, I was asking the question in the context of a home that I want to build.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and oh, compared to compared.
Speaker 17: To what So if I go with a standard roof kind of like some of the synthetic material that Henry showed, or what I really love is a real slate roof, And I said, just roughly speaking, how much more would a guy budget for that.
Speaker 2: In a new build? In a new build? Well, I got two questions for Henry. One in a new build, what was your answer? Roughly like twenty percent more? One hundred percent more. I mean a slate roof you're gonna have, I mean, correct me, but you're gonna have to have stronger decking. I mean, tell me the difference when you're when you're thinking of a house that has asphalt compared to slate. There's just a lot more that goes into it.
Speaker 7: So slate's probably not going to be quite as heavy as a thick concrete tile, but it's going to be close, right, So it's going to be you know, you're you're gonna have to have a structural engineer out there verify the rafters can support the additional weight.
Speaker 2: And making you're building in the home. No, of course, that's all that into it though.
Speaker 7: Yeah, from the cost of absolutely so, I mean for the slate roof to do a reroof, you're probably looking like five times the cost for a new conplace, probably about four times. But it really depends on what type of slate you get. Yeah, if it's being hand cut on site, how much adjustment is going to have to happen because this is more of like an artesian crafted roof, right.
Speaker 2: Which the craziest roof you ever heard of.
Speaker 7: You know, these copper roofs are pretty sweet. These copper shingles.
Speaker 2: Do they dent with the hail?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely anything metal will dent with hail. So they probably cost a fortune. Yeah, and then I mean even to ensure. But they're sweet looking.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're They're the most expensive roof that we can think of. And those copper roofs they also have copper gutters and they have copper rivets.
Speaker 2: When it comes to you guys going out and looking at a steel roof after a hailstorm or a copper roof for something they can dent, isn't there a lot of policies that say, long as it's not leaking that we're not going to replace it. Is that correct generally speaking? Is that how it is now? So it cosmetic? Sure, that's exactly what it is. And it really depends where the hail hits are. Right, if they are in a structural part of that you know shingle they come in panels, this stone code steal stuff does. If it's in a structural part, that would be terms for a hail claim.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 7: If this is just cosmetic, say that the big hits were just mainly on the face, they're gonna deny it. And that's why You really need someone who knows what they're talking about, because a lot of these roof and contractors and for everyone listening, just really take this to heart. They're gonna come out there and they're going to tell you to file a claim. It's the easiest way for them to get a bunch of business. And whoever gets denied contract, whoever gets denied, it's no sweat off their back, right, they got a shot at it. You really need someone and even if you don't use Excel, someone that's gonna go out there and really knows what they're doing. It only recommends you to file a claim if they really believe that you're gonna get a claim, because otherwise you're gonna get a claim on your record. Right if you call your adjuster and they deny you, you're gonna get a claim. Your rates are gonna go up.
Speaker 2: So listen, and what he's saying there is a lot of people don't realize this. Here's this thing the insurance companies all share. It's called the clue report. And that clue report, even if your claim was denied, if you put in the claim, your rates most likely are gonna go up. And I'll tell you why. They think you're gonna call all the time. They're gonna say, this guy put a claim in there wasn't even any damage. We don't want this kind of customer, so we're gonna charge him more money.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, Mark, and I would really urge all the people listening if you think that you have damage from last year's hailstorm, that deadline is coming up quick and so you really need someone out there to go check and see if you have damage. I would not call your adjuster, right, you don't want that claim on your record, Give Excel a call three oh three seven six' one six four zero. Zero we will send an expert out. There they'll do a roof. Evaluation if you do not have enough game, claim they're not gonna recommend that to. You and if we believe that there is damage and the insurance denies, it we are going to fight for.
Speaker 2: You, yeah they will, Too there's no doubt about. It so excelroofing dot, Com, scott hold on your.
Speaker 4: Up next.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure Thing denver's best. Roofer excel roofing dot. Com you don't.
Speaker 8: Pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance, checkup, free no obligation in, comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 9: Two ripped of, news need?
Speaker 1: Advissel you don't? Have The shooter's gonna?
Speaker 5: Help come, man this is The Troubleshooter. Show No Tom.
Speaker 2: Martinez welcome my friends to the only show of its, guy and we're here to solve, problems answer, questions take. Complaints you, know we do it all on this. Show we've talked a lot of criminal investigations, today which is pretty. Cool, Yeah Joel's. Aaron but any questions you, have we have attorneys lined up left and. Right maybe it's about commercial real estate or residential or about anything asset. Protection we've got great, attorneys great experts in. General one of them joins me in studio. Today Henry bratzy's With Excel, roofing and we're gonna talk to him about some deals he has coming. Up And i'm telling you when you hear these, deals you're gonna love. Them and we're not talking like ten percent off of, Roof we're not talking. That we're talking about a real deal like gutter cleaning for a price that is so cheap it's. Crazy and then solar panel. Cleaning if you went through the entire think about, This if you went through the entire winner for the past four or five years and you have not had your solar panels, CLEANED i BET i bet you, anything they're probably twenty to twenty five percent less. Effective and when you hear how cheap it is to clean these things only during the show, today only during the, special you're going to be amazed by. It so stick. Around we're going to talk about. That but any questions you, have maybe a bad contractor maybe a bad, Dentist i'll throw that out three zero three seven one three eight two five. FIVE i actually had one person go. MARK i used to say. DENTIST a lot more bad contractor bad, landlord bad. Dentists i'll tell you WHY i say. Dentist we had this, scumbag and in my, opinion he was a. Scumbag NOW i understand his. Position he wasn't getting paid but this woman brought her kid in to get. Braces, okay so actually an orthodonist gets braces, on she up losing her. JOB i don't know if husband's in the, PICTURE i don't, remember but the braces as his teeth are, growing he was probably twelve, thirteen whatever it. Was as the braces are, growing they start digging. In and both my kids had. Braces you got to go get him adjusted all the. Time if you don't have enough to pay, cash, generally what you do is you pay one hundred bucks two hundred bucks a month until the braces are. Off that's usually how orthodonis. Work so they started digging into his. Gums she missed a, payment he wouldn't adjust. Him he decided he'd rather keep the thirteen year old in pain instead of wait a little. Bit so we got involved and we got it. Handled but that's WHY i bring up a dentist, sometimes because what kind of? Dirtbag, Now, listen he deserves to get, Paid but there's different avenues besides the kid having to go through. THAT i, mean it's kind of. Crazy, Now, scott you got a problem with an evaporative? Cooler what is going on with?
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 18: Now, Hey, mark thanks for taking my. Call, SURE i know on your referral iss you do not have people to deal with evaporative coolers on my. ROOF i have this brand known as A Breeze air evaporative. Cooler it's kind of like The maybock of evaporative, coolers unlike something you get at home deepot or. Lows, well, anyway this thing is not. Working it's not working this right. Now it's deader in the door nail and the COMPANY i bought it from it's been up there about eleven. Years the COMPANY i bought it from has blown me off twice as far as coming out here and looking at. It SO i was wondering if somebody in your listening.
Speaker 2: AUDIENCE i THINK i have hold on a second. MAN i think we picked somebody up that does that does do, that BUT i don't want to give the name out if they, don't So i'm kind of looking through their listing right. Now i've worked on one of these. Myself are you pretty handy, Guy.
Speaker 4: Well let's, see go, ahead you can keep.
Speaker 14: Talking, YEAH i got an electrical.
Speaker 18: Issue i'm pretty, handy but this is kind of outside of my yeah soap with this, thing there's something ELECTED i have a motor that's gone out or something on.
Speaker 2: It, YEAH i think a man hold. ON i am so, sorry, MAN i don't remember if these guys do or.
Speaker 4: Not in for the life of, ME i do not want.
Speaker 2: To give you the name out over the air if they don't do, it Because i've done that before and it becomes kind of a nightmare for.
Speaker 17: Whoever Deputy bow knows somebody because he spent his whole life in THE.
Speaker 2: Hvac oh yeah he. DID i bet, Hey Deputy, bow if you're, listening call into the show Or, kelly see if you can Get bow real. Quick when did it go? Out by the. Way and the other THING i want to tell people why a lot of companies don't work on these is simply the liability the one sitting up on the. Roof you have water going to, them and if something goes wrong and it starts, leaking you can create ate an issue with a bad tech or a technician that screws up to where you, know there's one hundred thousand dollars in. Damage people just decided they're not gonna mess with him, anymore and a lot of their insurance, companies so you understand, Too. SCOTT a lot of the insurance companies are, like if you work on the evaporative coolers that are on the, roof we're not going to insure you for that. Part so they'd have to come out of pocket or they'd have to pay up a substantial amount of money that it would just be it just be. Crazy SO i, mean really that's why they do. It but hold, ON i want you to hang on. There she's going to try to Get deputy Bow on and let's ask. Him And i'm going to call these. People if you hang, MAN i PROMISE i think these guys, do But i'm going to call And i'm going to figure out if they do for sure after. This so you guys hold, tight and then whoever's online, too we're getting your info and we'll talk to you in a. Minute But, henry so to clean soul, panels they get, dirty, truly what is the percentage if they're really grimy greasy after a few? WINNERS i, mean can it knock them out by twenty thirty percent of? EFFICIENCY i don't know the.
Speaker 7: Answer, yeah, Absolutely and that's always a big concern in the solar industry is how long are my panels going to. Last, Right so a lot of people they overlook exactly what they can do to make them more. Efficient and so what we offer is we'll go out there and do the decontamination rents for fifteen bucks a, panel and that will improve the efficiency of the solar.
Speaker 2: Panels they look like new when you're, done OR i, mean are they clean as they can? Get, yeah they're gonna be pretty. Shiny and then you're fifteen bucks a. Panel, yep what's the average array?
Speaker 7: Have the average array is about ten to fifteen to twenty panels something like. That and so for a ten panel, system one hundred and fifty, bucks, Right.
Speaker 2: So one hundred and fifty. Bucks now there's no other fees on top of. That in other, words you don't charge to drive out. There it's one hundred and fifty bucks if you have ten. Panels, yeah that's.
Speaker 7: That's the rate that we have. Going AND i mean really in the scheme of, things you think you'd.
Speaker 2: Be pretty you're people busy man.
Speaker 7: To clean the, panels, right BUT i mean that one hundred and fifty bucks if that increases your efficiency for a full.
Speaker 2: Year, no here's one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 11: Bucks is.
Speaker 2: Nothing the only reason they're doing this is to keep the guys busy till the hailstorms. Come so anybody, listening you'd be crazy not to take advantage of. IT i, mean you're talking fifteen bucks a. Panel they're going to get up there and let's just say what it. Is you're going to powerwash the hell out of, it, Right. Yeah there's also some special cleaner that we.
Speaker 4: Use it gets the.
Speaker 2: Crime yeah, YEAH i mean they're going to look panels and. Like and Like henry, said the other thing is they're not only going to look, great but on top of, that it's going to be more. Efficient no matter, what if they get grimy, enough you might as well put a piece of cardboard over.
Speaker 10: Them.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 7: Absolutely and you know what this reminds. Me last TIME i was on the, air we were doing that ninety nine dollars gutter cleaning.
Speaker 2: Special yeah, yeah and you know what how many people did we have sign up for?
Speaker 7: That we had so many people sign up for? That Fifty, yeah like fifty people that day right away we had. That the phone's blowing up and you, KNOW i will do the same thing again.
Speaker 2: Today, Okay so listen to, this folks And the only REASON i brought it up last time is they come. Out we have pine.
Speaker 4: Needles at our.
Speaker 2: House we're out In franktown and we have trees that are one hundred feet and they're. Everywhere it's like living in the. Woods in, fact it is living in the. Woods and what happens this time of, year actually a couple months, ago the pine needles just come. DOWN i don't care what gutter GUARDS i have. Tried i've tried, Mesh i've tried, everything AND i end up taking them off because he's. Stupid pine, needles by the kazillions end up going through WHATEVER i, have or they end up if you have a, helmet they end up going right down with the water and getting. There it just doesn't matter WHAT i. Do so FINALLY i took them off AND i, Said i'm just gonna Have excel. Out they're the ones that did my. Roof i'm going to have them out twice a year and they're going to clean my. Gutters and they always did it the same. Way if you have one story, house it was one ninety, nine a two story house two ninety, nine AND i guess that's about. IT i, MEAN i maybe if you had a three story house three ninety the prices went.
Speaker 7: Up our standard rate is two ninety, nine and then it goes up to three ninety. NINE i, mean you gotta, remember, though that's a fixed. Rate and this is pretty funny. Story, actually the last time we ran that special it was, Great like we got a bunch of great. Reception we went out there cleaned a bunch of people's gutters for just ninety nine. Bucks, Right SO i found out that we had one house somewhere In Cherry.
Speaker 2: Hill's that was just Mass oh, yeah, yeah, Yeah Mass john always such or. SOMETHING i, mean this thing was.
Speaker 7: Huge it took a full crew of guys how, long.
Speaker 2: All, day all, day and it was just for this this one ninety nine bucks for the special price in ninety. Nine AND i don't. KNOW i think the project manager gave me a call and was telling me when someone got a ten million dollar, house maybe fifteen, million maybe twenty million over Where peyton lived In, lway and they call up on the Ninety, god bless your, soul And i'll tell.
Speaker 7: You why what we did? IT i do the same thing they at least Over. TIP i don't think we got, zims but we stuck by our, word we took care of you know what it.
Speaker 2: Was it was probably another company that usually comes out and does it for a couple thousand that got them to do it out ninety nine and then they put nineteen hundred bucks in their.
Speaker 7: Pocket just to, remember the amount of people though that have a house like that is pretty.
Speaker 2: Slim so plus you want, listen let's be true. Too you went out, there did them a solid for ninety nine. Bucks my got a full crew for a full day for a hundred. Bucks if they do have hell, DAMAGE i bet they call. You, WELL i sure hope SO i would have both shipped you.
Speaker 7: After you know, WHAT i just want to make sure everyone list everyone listening knows. This we'll come and clean your gutters from.
Speaker 2: Ninety nine bucks, night and they do.
Speaker 4: It they.
Speaker 2: Do it's a commercial. Building it's real.
Speaker 7: Deal we're gonna charge something else because, no, well this is for regular this is residential. Homes this isn't multifamily if you have a big apartment building or a.
Speaker 2: Complex this is a residential. House and here's what they. Do And i've done it with them for three four years. Now they come, out they send a crew, out they clean the gutters so, well you can't believe. It they even get up there with hoses and go down the down spouts to make sure the down spouts just flow. Perfectly you could go up. There when they're, Done you're not gonna find, leaves, dirt. Anything they clean the gutters all the way around and for ninety nine. Bucks once, again this is what it. Is they're gonna do. It and then when there's a hailstorm and you need a, roof you're going to Remember excel dig you the solid and you're gonna give them a. Call by the, way even if when you do get a roof done by, them you don't pay them a cent until you're one hundred percent. CONTENT i mean you. Can't you can't beat them as a. Company they've been In colorado forever in a. Day henry's dad started, it how long, ago thirty two. Years in counting thirty two, YEARS i think they're probably one of the, largest if not the largest roofer. Here and the other thing, is if there ever is a warranty issue or maybe a bad run of shingles or, something these guys are. Here they're not door. Knockers they don't come here sell you a roof then go to the next storm In. Texas it just doesn't work that. Way that ninety nine bucks is. Incredible hold, on.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance check up, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 3: Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 9: Two all, right.
Speaker 2: Three oh three seven one three eight two five. Five first annual profit For uber was in twenty twenty. Three think about. That we're just talking about something. Off it's. Amazing how Like, Amazon uber and all these people that invested in the stock market for these companies for years knew the profit was. Coming look At amazon once the profit did. Come oh, man they know how to make. Money bezos knows how to make the.
Speaker 4: Big big.
Speaker 2: Dollars, Now Deputy, Boson, Hey Deputy bow we had a, Caller, Hi, mark Hey, man who do you know that works on swamp? Coolers?
Speaker 13: Yeah so he the caller specified a breeze air and that's kind of an esoteric cadillact swamp.
Speaker 2: Cooler like how much would something like that? Cost? NEW i, mean, like, really what's A cadillac swamp cooler?
Speaker 13: Run they're about three times the price of a standard uh swamp.
Speaker 6: Cooler.
Speaker 13: Wow it as a veritable speed. Motor they're high. Efficient so what he has to do is called the factory. Representative they're In. Denver it's CALLED MJ m an.
Speaker 2: ASSOCIATE Mj wait WAIT. Mjm, Yeah Mary, John, mary that's my. Initials those are my.
Speaker 4: Initials.
Speaker 13: God, well then they need to call you and you need to go out.
Speaker 14: Work on the.
Speaker 13: Cooler.
Speaker 2: Mind, well that's a great. Point i'll go out there with. You, yeah they'll take care of. It, so but they'll have a list of people that work on, them.
Speaker 13: Right and those people that work on those scorers have to go to their.
Speaker 2: Schools he thinks it's an electrical. Issue just from your, background what would you guess it? Was in other, words he's saying it's either the motor or no power to. IT i would think the. Breaker if the breaker was, good it would probably be the, motor, right although the way you're describing it with a variable, motor there's probably a couple motherboards.
Speaker 13: Involved, yeah as an electrically commutated motor and it's controlled by three circuit boards and actually converts it TO. Dc they're pretty. Complicated that's why he needs to call the RENT i. HAVE i can give the number out on the.
Speaker 2: Air, yeah go, ahead just go ahead and give it out in case that guy's. Listening, yeah so the number three.
Speaker 13: Oh three seven nine zero seven, thousand and he just needs the COLONY v could give him the model. Number they have a list of authorized repair people that can work on that particular.
Speaker 4: Unit you, know, bo.
Speaker 2: What's crazy is IF i go back Pre, COVID i had fix it twenty four to seven plumb line in about five other companies on our referral list that would all work or at least most of them would work on swamp, coolers and almost zero of them. Do now the liability has gone absolutely through the roof on. Them do you do you have any insight onto that or it's purely what they tell me it's.
Speaker 13: Damage, well it's because of their potential for water leaks because you get the thing on the roof and a lot of if you don't look things, upright you could cause thousands of dollars of damage from you know that quarterage waterline, dripping and you know there's liability if potential tests falling off the. Roof because he'd never.
Speaker 2: Fitten go ahead him.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 7: Yeah to add to that comment as a, roofer that's often one thing that people determine is a roof leak is when their swamp coolers are. Leaking they call us up and they tell, us oh my, gosh my whole roof is a that with. Water, absolutely especially if we install the.
Speaker 2: Roof they call us. Up they think that our install is.
Speaker 7: Failing we get up, there the swamp cooler is just dumping water straight.
Speaker 2: Henri so like when you get a hail claim and you get up there and there's a swamp, cooler do your people take it off or how does that or do you hire an outside? Company how does that work so we can detach and reset. It we'll use a sub for. That, yeah, okay, YEAH i mean really you're using a plumber or whoever you're comfortable with to make sure it's not, Leaking.
Speaker 7: Yeah depending on how it's, attached, right like if it's got a bunch of fasteners and waterlines to. It, Yeah and we don't want to we don't want to mess with. It but usually what will happen is we'll do the roof one two three years later they'll call us up saying that there's a roof. Leak, well, actually, yeah it's a mechanical mechanical failure and it looks like a roof. Leak and that's a really good point because those are big.
Speaker 2: Problems, hey, hey, bo why my buddy his name Was larry and he. Passed BUT i mean he was a really good friend of. Mine he had a place In littleton and he had a swamp cooler and that thing worked, great but it was on like his back. Patio why are they on the. ROOF i don't quite understand. That is there a science reason for?
Speaker 13: That, well bear swamp, coole the evaporative cop works on direct, sunlight and then on the roof you get four, sides got.
Speaker 2: It compared to the, backside you're.
Speaker 13: Only getting one. Side and if they have hooked up the core on the side of the, house you're only getting like fifty percent efficiency because the sun that's not the cooler's. Work when they get the most direct, sunlight that's what causes the.
Speaker 14: Evaporation that's it don't work well.
Speaker 13: Along the side of the.
Speaker 2: House, yeah so His. Henry this is. FUNNY a buddy of mine gave me some movie. Bills SO i had a stack of ten thousand fake, hundreds and they, say you know they look, real but if, YOU i mean, really you'd never pass them off. Anywhere they're for. Movies and his, Daughter bo's daughter was babysitting our dogs or house sitting for us when we went To nashville about a week, ago and my friend brought me over this this stack of fake, money and basically we were just laughing about, it AND i put it down then we. Left the next, day she shows. Up she thinks it's real, money and like we're testing her to see if she'll take ten thousand dollars or something. Strange but she called even after you told her it was, Fake, bo she kept, calling didn't.
Speaker 6: She she called me.
Speaker 13: Twice she was very worried she wouldn't touch the, money and she kept me Picking AND i was fooled by it too TILL i blew it.
Speaker 2: Up, well and here's the. PROBLEM i thought about. THIS i left it there just not thinking about. It we've had painters in the, House we've had our maids in the. HOUSE i bet everybody is, going what the hell is? This so FINALLY i just threw it in our junk, drawer.
Speaker 7: Especially, nowadays because like when you see a stock of ten thousand, dollars it really looks. SUBSTANTIAL i mean me, PERSONALLY i pay everything on a credit. Card, Right it's all electronic, now so ANYTIME i, have, like you, know some, cash maybe all get paid for a roof in. Cash, yeah it feels so much more than a. Check that's four times the.
Speaker 2: Amount. Sure so what my buddy did and why he brought it over is he does these. Experiments we'll be like in a casino and he'll put this fake bill down by one of the slot machines to see who tries to sneak it and pick it up without turning it into, security or at a restaurant Or the latest was at an airport In. Nashville we were At, Denver dia flying To, nashville and we were in The Capitol One. Club it's an airport club and basically what happens. There, hey, BO i really appreciate you coming on and giving that. Information so he puts it down right behind a lady and one of the people that are a server in the club walks by and takes her foot and skirts it over behind the wall and then picks it up and. Leaves so instead of, saying, hey did you drop this? Money absolutely. Nothing And i'll tell you, what with the exception of the, casino he does it all the. Time i'm only with him maybe once every two, months if i'll of the four of us are getting, together but only one, time and that was in the. Casino because in, casinos if you find, money you got to turn them in or else you're like in big, trouble, man like big. Trouble so in the, casino the person we saw ten people walk by and see it wanting to pick it. Up no one touched, it and then one of them must have called, security because then like three security guards come over and they're all looking at it and they pick it, up AND.
Speaker 4: I don't know what they did with. It it's.
Speaker 2: Crazy it's a great social. Experiment.
Speaker 7: Absolutely i'm just, thinking like IF i was to vet a house, cleaner. RIGHT i think it would probably be a good idea to just leave some cash around, you real, cash and then see if they take it. Right, yeah and so then you really know if you can trust.
Speaker 2: Them, yeah that's, true or they play the long game and just steal your house.
Speaker 4: Hold on.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure Thing denver's best roofer excel roofing dot.
Speaker 8: Com you don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 3: Content time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 2: Two all right three o three seven one three eight two five. Five if you didn't hear the, deal we're going to recap it right. Now deal of the. Day and it's. Unbelievable i've been Having excel. Roofing you know, what DO i get a refund on the full Price i've been? Spending CAN i do? That will you do?
Speaker 11: That?
Speaker 2: Henry that's a no refund for What i've been paying two ninety nine or three ninety nine to have my gutters. Claimed now you're saying it's only ninety nine dollars for people they call today or tomorrow or if they hear this on the. Podcast so When i'm asking, you for the past four, YEARS i have SPENT i think three ninety nine or two ninety nine twice a year for you guys to come out and clean my gutters In. Franktown so What i'm saying is that's two four six eight times. Three that's twenty four hundred where it should have only been two four six. Eight will you give me twenty two hundred?
Speaker 7: Dollars, WELL i think we could factor some stuff into this, equation, right, yeah the ads. GAME i think we could figure out some trade.
Speaker 4: Out oh that's.
Speaker 2: True that was fun actually on your. Birthday hey seriously, though, folks, listen ninety nine bucks and that's for a one or two story residential.
Speaker 7: Yep and so ninety nine dollars for a residential. Home, right this is no commercial? Buildings, yeah, yeah nothing, insane, Right so if it's a big, hoa that does not. Apply so ninety nine bucks Call excel THREE zho three seven six one at sixty four zero. Zero we are also doing a solar panel.
Speaker 2: Cleaning that's right.
Speaker 7: Deal so we go up there and we do a decon. Wash we take care of the. Panels it'll make them a lot more, efficient, right you don't want to lose that efficiency just because they're. Dirty it's usually, overlooked but it does. Happen so we'll go out there and we will clean each panel for fifteen. Bucks it's three oh three seven sixty one six four zero.
Speaker 2: Zero there's your big roofing. Supplier do you guys use just? ONE i, MEAN i know there's different, products like the one you sold me is F, Wave but as far as the general the general supplier you?
Speaker 4: Use who is?
Speaker 7: It so there's a supplier in a, manufacturer, right so our go to. SUPPLIER i personally really Like pacific and that's WHERE i pushed a lot of our Business pacific.
Speaker 2: Supply and why is? That why do you like?
Speaker 7: Them you know there's a lot of, companies, Right there's LIKE abc and like Golf. Eegel there's a lot of these big distribution. Houses but their service it just it doesn't quite line up to what they what they, claim, right So, pacific we really Like. Pacific there are safeties at a high. Standard they take care of, us which allows us to take care of our. Customers and the same thing goes With Owen's. Corning Owen's corning is a fantastic. Manufacturer they take care of, warranties, Right we take care of our. Roofs we go back out and we want to repair anything that's, leaking anything that. Fails it happens, rarely but we want to make sure we partner with people that have that same.
Speaker 4: Mindsel so if it's a problem with the shingle, Itself owens steps straight up and pays you, Guys.
Speaker 7: And you know what That's it's hard to find people like that because, nowadays all these, manufacturers all these, companies they'll tell you that they're going to step up to the plate and deal with. It but you really find out what people are made of when something goes. Wrong And Owen's corning stands behind their warranties and they take care of.
Speaker 2: People you, KNOW i was talking Or demetri AND I we're talking To henry during the. Break so it's kind of strange he's going to be in the roofing, business probably his whole. Life he was born into. It you, Know Jay bretts has been coming on. HERE i don't Remember jay not being, Here SO i mean we're talking twenty plus. Years and then you, know now you're in your two you're basically running the, company and you were talking interestingly, ENOUGH i was telling the story When suzanne AND i owned our cake. ROUTE i was probably nineteen, actually and she was, sixteen and we owned a cake Route, Untils, oklahoma where we would go and sell our. Cakes and these cakes were made by a massive. Bakery basically anything host is, sold we would, sell but we had a private label on. It so we would go work the stores and everybody thought we were brother and, sister which is, crazy and they thought we worked for our, parents and none of that was. True AND i was always afraid to actually tell people that because we were so. Young they'd be, like why are we doing business with a sixteen year?
Speaker 4: OLD i, mean it would be.
Speaker 2: Insane and then you brought Up, henry and it's a great. Story the same thing happened to. You you decided to start sourcing bicycle grips for like mountain bikes or any kind of bike and you sourced them From, china because every time you'd go to replace, yours they were thirty. Bucks and you figured out you could make these or buy these things out Of china for three. Bucks and you knocked down the door of one, hundred two, hundred three, hundred four hundred different bike shops around the states around us selling. Them that's how old were you when you were?
Speaker 4: Doing?
Speaker 7: That was my business In denver WHEN i was, sixteen AND i think the the old Man, jay he really wanted to do a see WHAT i, was you, know able to? Handle SO i ordered a bunch of these grips From. CHINA i realized the margin was. There it was OVER. Covid so that was one thing that was going for.
Speaker 13: Me.
Speaker 7: Yeah AND i would do these consignments to like shops all across the.
Speaker 2: Country he'd worked.
Speaker 7: Shelves i'd load my my car up with all these boxes of grips AND i would go to all these bike shops and do the consignment. Deals AND i got up TO i had all a majority of the shops In, Colorado New, Mexico arizona love. It AND i had hundreds of accounts across this side of the. COUNTRY i had two sales, reps and you, KNOW i got good at. It there was a time, THOUGH i was in In New mexico right AND i couldn't find a, hotel SO i had to sleep in my car BECAUSE i kept getting denied for hotels with a bunch of bike, grips and it was like Downtown.
Speaker 2: Albuquerque oh. Nice i'll never forget, that, nil never forget that. Night you, KNOW i won't even stop In. ALBUQUERQUE i drive through. It, man If i'm going To, phoenix, Literally i'll stop In Santa fe and then we will cruise cruise Through. Albuquerque you, KNOW i love the way your parents raised. You We suzanne AND i were very similar with our. Kids if they didn't have something going, on we made something going. On when they went into taekwondo with three years, old they were not allowed to. Quit we taught it just like, school like high. School and you, know over the years they wanted to quit all the. Time it didn't. Matter it was just like. School when it came to sixteen and getting a, car we got them a. Car but they had to.
Speaker 6: Work.
Speaker 2: Period when they had jobs and they were still living under our, roof half of every nickel they made they had to put into savings and it was just a regiment and it's stuck with. Them AND i love. That AND i can tell your parents did that with.
Speaker 4: You, Man it's.
Speaker 2: Awesome, yeah WELL i know, that especially when my dad's a harder, Parent jay or your. Mom oh my dad for, Sure.
Speaker 6: Jay.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely when he got into this, business he had to struggle really really.
Speaker 11: Hard.
Speaker 7: COURSE i know that he wanted to put me through some of, that AND i have certainly gone through a lot of, that.
Speaker 4: And by, design most likely.
Speaker 7: He's told me stories about when he was In, texas so his just quick rundown through his. Story he started roofing In denver.
Speaker 2: And hold, on hold, on let me take. THIS i do want to hear. It till hold on.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 8: Com you don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 3: Content time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all, three seven to seven one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when You frank durand the real Estate man Dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Right three oh three seven one THREE a two five. Five we're coming to the end to another day right here on The Troubleshooter. Show please tell all of your neighbors and friends if you're listening to a, PODCAST i don't care if you're In, Texas, florida you can be. Anywhere we have one of the largest audiences on The iHeart. Network each month on our, podcast we help people all over the. Country three zero Three. Martine remember that number not only works when we're right, here right, now but it also works off the. Air we'll reach out to. You you can leave a. Message if we don't pick up one of, us we'll call you back or one of the deputies and we'll try to help you. Out then you can also email us anytime at Help hilp at troubleshooter dot. Com that's help at trouble shooter dot. Com and it really doesn't matter what kind of problem you. Have AND i think today kind of shows you that we had everything from people's sixteen year old kids getting arrested that was pretty, interesting all the way up to another guy that. Leveled what did he? Say? There guys laid out dropped.
Speaker 4: Him what did he?
Speaker 2: Say what word did he? Say his word was. LEVELED i leveled the, guy he leveled. Him he leveled basically on list slapped him and leveled the bum bitch slapped. HIM i mean basically that's what he was. Saying almost knocked him. Out and but but we also learned The Colorado Springs police if you're literally getting robbed and call him and call, them they might not show up for four, hours even though you're watching it by. Video and if you don't know What i'm talking, about go back and listen on the. Podcast it's the craziest thing.
Speaker 6: Ever.
Speaker 2: Listen my Name's Mark. Major we'll be here tomorrow solving, problems answering, questions and taking your complaints right here on The Troubleshooter network