Speaker 1: I think there's scripture that should worry anybody who loves God and doesn't want to disappoint God. And I think if from time to time we're not worried by scripture, or it doesn't cause conflict in us, it doesn't cause restling match between flesh and spirit, then perhaps we're not really in the word. I want to talk about that, but I also want to honor Donald John Trump for treating black journalists as he does every other adversarial journalist. And I want to do this by way of comparison with some friends of mine here In fact, I should have them on to talk about this. But every black professional man I got to know personal training, to black personal trainers, to friends in media black people, and a black friend tech told me what their favored form of racism is and it relates to how President Trunk treated this journalist. We'll talk about that with the help of Bonefrogcoffee dot Com, says Todd and God Almighty, who, by the way, made and loves all people.
Speaker 2: The Todd Herman Show is one hundred percent disapproved by big pharma, technocrats and tyrants everywhere from the high mountains of Free America. Here's the Emerald City exile, Todd Herman.
Speaker 1: Today is a day the Lord has made in These are the times which God is. The Saturay shall live. Next week we starts a new format for one of the shows. The show you're listening to and or watching now will remain the same. It's effectively the radio show done on podcast. In order for me to be able to be absolutely as timely as possible and to dig into cultural things, faith things, political things, one at a time, we're going to be doing shorter casts. You don't have to change anything. If you have the RSS feed, if you subscribe to the show, you don't have to change a thing. Those shows will continue to download, and we may we're trying this, so it's subject to change. It might be that we edit that all up into one big show, but it's going to really be dependent upon how you feel about it. You, guys, matter more than anyone else in this equilibrium. Without you, there's no me in this position. As I used to say in radio, and I haven't said that enough to you lately. Without you, there's no me in this position. So thank you for that. I've always loved radio and now casts, and I don't always love coming in to talk about what's going on in the world. Because of what's going on in the world. Really excited to honor what President Trump did at the National Association of Black Journalists. And I'll tell you this favored form of racism that my friends in Seattle told me about, one by one, all separately, never in the same room. Several different instances of how this came about. One was in tech. Gentlemen I got to know in tech and black guy got to know him. I was working at Microsoft. He worked in Los Angeles and had been in the entertainment world and had made his way over to tech. Had a very good tech mind. And we were in New York City and we were at this event that Microsoft had put on and had There was this painter. It's one of those guys who he speed paints, and the trick is you don't know what he's painted until he turns it right side up and finishes it. And he was doing this to a Rolling Stone song. We had a concert there and I don't remember, it's some big bands there and we'd gone out to dinner with a bunch of advertisers. And remember this is New York City and this is liberal you know, no racism. And these are all liberals, doctrinaire democrat liberals. And we went out to dinner. Guy was the senior executive there, not me guy, and the rule of Microsoft is the senior executive pays. And he got out his card and a white woman turned to him and said, are you going to be okay with that in your card? It's a lot of money. First of all, it's a Microsoft corporate card. Secondly, it happens that guy didn't need a dime from anybody he worked because he loved it. He'd made a ton of money producing films and music and videos and owned a ton of intellectual p And he looked at her and said, I'm pretty sure if the Microsoft card doesn't handle it, my optimum will. He told me later, that's the sort of racism I can't stand. So do you think that was racism? He goes, Did she turn to you and say it okay? In Seattle, I've told the story before about my friend Terry coming into the radio station and everyone would stand up, Oh, Terry, Terry, It's always a wonderful day when you're here at him sitting across from me, going and I looked at him, I go does that ever bother you? He goes, dude, do they think I don't know they'll do that to you? Do you get that tripot when you walk in here? No one does. Only only black people. I know. Last one is probably the most pandering and cringey, as my daughter would say. Had a personal trainer named Steve, huge, unbelievably strong man. I've told you the stories about how strong this guy was. And nicest dude, but big, strong, athletic looking, sixty four year old black man. He was in a store in Liberal, the most liberal part of Seattle. He and his wife are down, they're shopping. She happens to be white. See if what happens to be black. He is a nutrition nut. So he had two separate products he was looking at and he was comparing the macros and the ingredients, and a liberal white woman and I kid you not his story, not mine, in a Hilary Clinton shirt, came up to him. She said, they can make those products really confusing. I'm a nurse. Let me know if I can help a nurse. They each said they prefer all of them, all of my black friends. And Settle said, we prefer the old fashioned KKK style racism. We would rather see a Dixie flag and a kick the Blacks Out T shirt than that form of racism. So I'll tell you why I'm talking about this in a second. I'll just show you what President Trump did, and I truly I can tell you with I'm proud of Donald John Trump and how he treated this. He confronted this, and he showed absolute respect for the black community by not lying to them. Right, we don't lie to each other when we respect each other. I won't lie to you when we come on this program. And there are products that I ingest. I check these companies out, and I've fallen in love with the Native Path company. This is again this morning. I'm drinking Native Path hydrate and Native Path of course, the Native Path krill. This is in fact of the night I ran out of my own and my wife was kind of to give me some of hers. I can't operate it without it. That's the stuff that's removed iberprofile from my life. Native Path Collagen is very similar and it is their sort of doing business. Of course, they turned to a third party to make sure that this doesn't contain any heavy metals or toxins. They outsourced that it's not their lab, it's another lab saying it's safe. They concentrate on the two most important forms of collagen fibers that's one in three is found in your cartilage, your muscles, et cetera. And their Native Path collision and formula is scientifically back to increase bone mineral density and accelerate tissue recovery. And then the esthetic things reducing wrinkles, enhancing hair thickness, strengthen and weaker damage nails. That's all in the formula. It's easy to mix and as someone who takes a lot of supplements, I love the fact that this is flavorless, easy to mix into anything, and for me my purposes maybe yours. It preserves joint health. I had a phone call last night with my seal Fit ambassador and she and I were talking about she's my age, she's been through seal Fit twice and she said, your joints are going to bark at you. And I said, I'm doing this to the collision and she goes, same thing is going to recommend. So right now, when you visit get Nativepath dot com slash todd, you can stock up on Native Path collagen for an incredible forty five percent off today plus get free shipping. Every order comes at the three to sixty five day money back guarantee, so you can try it risk free. The website again is get get Native Yeah, get Native path dot Com slide todd up to forty five percent off and free shipping. Get Nativepath dot Com slash Todd. This is just a sample, and we'll get more deep into this tomorrow, more deeply into this tomorrow. President Trump being President Trump in the face of aggressive questioning, and President Trump acting with complete, utter, unmitigated respect for black people by not pandering.
Speaker 3: It's not true. You have told four congressmen women of color who are American citizens, to go back to where they came from. You have used words like animal and rabbit to describe black district attorneys. You've attacked black journalists, calling them a loser, saying the questions that they ask are quote stupid and racist. You've had dinner with the white supremacists at your marologue resort. So my question, sir, now that you are asking black supporters to vote for you, why should black voters trust you after you have used language like that.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, I don't think i've ever been asked a question, so in such a horrible manner. First question, you don't even say, hello, how are you? Are you with ABC? Because I think they're a fake news network, a terrible net work, And I think it's disgraceful that I came here in good spirit. I love the black population of this country. I've done so much for the black population of this country, including employment, including Opportunity Zones with Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina, which is one of the greatest programs ever for black workers and black entrepreneurs. I've done so much. And you know, and I say this, Historically, black colleges and universities were out of money. They were stone call broke, and I saved them and I gave them long term financing and nobody else was doing it. I think it's a very rude introduction. I don't know exactly why you would do something like that. And let me go a step further. I was invited here, and I was told my opponent, whether it was Biden or Kamala, I was told my opponent was going to be here. It turned out my opponent isn't here. You invited me under false pretense, and then you said you can't do it with zoom, Well you know where's zoom. She's going to do it with zoom, and she's not coming, And then you were half an hourl A. Just so we understand, I have too much respect for you to be late.
Speaker 1: They couldn't get their.
Speaker 4: Equipment working or something.
Speaker 1: I would think it's a very nasty question. I have answered the question.
Speaker 4: I have been the best president for the black population since Abraham Lincoln.
Speaker 3: President Johnson, I'm the building right back.
Speaker 4: You to start off a question and answer period, especially when you're thirty five minutes late because you couldn't get your equipment to work. In such a hostile manner, I think it's a disgrace.
Speaker 1: I really it's not that he was polite, it's that she wasn't he matched her tone. He would do this to a white journalist. If that was Mitten's romney, he would have ducked and covered. If it was Hilary Clinton, she would have pulled out her hot sauce and put on some wop, stood up and danced for the people because she's down with the struggle. That's complete respect. I'm proud of the president for doing that. We'll spend more time on it tomorrow. On the other side of the spectrum is a guy named Ed Stetzer. I don't know Ed. I've never met Ed. I don't know Ed's heart. I know that Ed has some political views, and I know he's an evangelical Christian, and I know he's got a huge amount of respect. In fact, I have listened to and quite enjoyed his program very much. This would be an area on which he and I disagree. He was talking about how to deprogram the deplorables during a book launch.
Speaker 5: Next question from Paul Washa Kakar, who's at the United States Institute of Peace. I'm interested in hearing more about Pastor Ed's work with evangelical pastors. How do you help them identify and work on de radicalization. Do you build on the internationals cbe countering violent extremism work in this area, or how does it differ in your understanding?
Speaker 6: First, we don't call it de radicalization, That's the first thing, but because nobody sees themselves as that. But I get exactly what you're saying, and I appreciate the work of deradicalization, the language I use at the beginning and the way because I've written a lot to try to persuade evangelicals on some of these issues, and I actually have. It was very easy for us to sit back and say, oh, those Quan honors, well, I actually have friends in the who are self identified Qan honors in the evangelical community.
Speaker 1: I kind of just pause this, Sorry, Nana, with all due respect, and he's earned respect. At Stetzer, I am pretty thick into conservative politics. I live in a very conservative region. I have mostly conservative friends, and I am blessed to get hundreds of emails a day. I've met one person who asked me to look into q Andon period, so I would be fascinated to learn how you ended up with a lot of friends who identifies q Andon. When I've met one person who said, would you look into this? And my response was no, because it's nothing I can determine to be true or false.
Speaker 6: Who actually text me when I'm being discussed on q andon message boards and they say they defend me on those message boards. But that's another story for another day. So for me, I try to frame in such a way that people can receive the message. And again, for us, that often comes around in terms of discipleship. I talked about this on NPR's morning edition, and the host asked me, and kind of I struggle because it's like it's insider baseball language. I said, So there are things I explained that as Christians we want to disciple in and things that as Christians we want to disciple out. So what needs to be discipled in in twenty twenty one, Well, it might be seeing yourself as a world Christian, seeing that men and women from every tongue tribe of nation are that's frequent language in the pages of the scriptures. It might be helping people to see that. And the language I often use is that we should not be among the gullible.
Speaker 1: Pause. Nothing wrong with what ed sets is saying. The Lord of the universe is the Lord of the universe. Jesus is not the Jesus of the United States. And the question was about deprogramming deplorables. I just showed Donald John Trump sit on stage and act with absolute consistency with a black journalist calling him a racist, without saying it and without pandering. I can show you Cammie Harris, who has identified as Indian her most of her life. I can show you her concept of black people as to get on stage after megan the Stallion with one of the most perverse and dishonoring of women quote songs in history. That that's blackness. Bailing out criminals who destroyed often black neighborhoods, that's blackness. So to Ed Stetzer, I would say, again, with all respect ed, there's many forms of racism, and I regard what's being inserted into the minds of leftists as a very, very poisonous form of racism, far more radical than whatever you've invented as racism from President Trump or the deplorables, which seems to me to be Paulss based. It is not racist to say we have to be able to have some control of our borders, goes to Romans thirteen. We have border laws or we don't, sojourners have to follow our laws or they don't. What does Roman thirteen say?
Speaker 6: And I actually would point out, you know, I mean, I do, just so we're clear.
Speaker 1: I do believe.
Speaker 6: I've bet my whole life on the fact that there was a person who was dead on Friday and on Sunday was back from the dead, and everything I believe and is framed and shaped around that reality. But I do point out how as our Christian witness is impacted. The last slide that I didn't get to because I went too long in the first session actually talks about the danger to our Christian witness. I lead the Wheaton College Billy Graham Center, so I care deeply about our Christian witness. And I pointed out somebody who kept posting about this q Andon conspiracy and this QAnon conspiracy in this one and then it came to Easter and they said, oh, and Jesus rose from the dead.
Speaker 1: Nothing wrong, nothing wrong with saying don't make the idle of politics, nothing wrong with that, But to even you phrases like deplorables, to even take a question like that and say, can I reframe that. Jesus tells us not to call people fools. We're not to make that judgment. That's God's judgment to make. And the phrase deplorables in of itself devalues some of God's beings. I think there's this temptation, and particularly it's an emotional temptation to look at President Trump and a direct way of speaking and point to that as as aggressive or racist. That black journalist who was interviewing him and forgive me for not knowing her name. She made these accusations of racism, saying you told women of color who are United States citizens to go home. Yeah, some of who moved here, who were rescued and hate this country and are doing everything policy wise to destroy this country. Those aren't question marks. Those are facts. You destroy a country by setting up neighborhoods that are of one race. That's a division tactic, and everybody knows it, everyone who's willing to admit it. There's some scripture that I think, and maybe ed set you would agree with this, that I think every Christian should be concerned by. I'm going to start with some scripture that concerns me. And if you're involved in politics or posting online or arguing with people online, let's talk with someone the other night who made the point that she got into an argument online and ended poorly. She was repenting of it.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: It's happened to all of us. I think some of the scripture should concern us. I'm going to work into this something from the chosen because I think it can give us some relief. I really do relief from what well, relief from judging ourselves harshly because we don't get certain things in scripture. There's things that are challenging. It's the word of God. It's going to be challenging. There's also though, sometimes you need relief for your body, particularly if you've been through a hard period of time. I know people who've been and through trauma, real profound, frightening, potentially life ending trauma of family members, and they've found themselves feeling like, man, this has changed me. And you might be in that position. Or like a friend of mine who is now planning there having a baby, it's going to be as first time as a dad. He had to relocate his business and I saw him the other day and he was telling me, Dude, I am way backwards on my fitness. I'm starting to gain weight again. This could be happening to you for years. Another friend I'm thinking of, he's got horrible things going on with his back and he's looked into stem cells and it's going to have to be surgery for now. It's just going to have to be. And I look at his body and he bemoans a fact, Look, I can't go hunting. I can't do the things that will help me drop fat. If you're in that circumstance, you're probably like one hundred million other Americans and have fatty liver. This will lead to you being sluggish, so then less sectual size, feeling slow, so then less energy, and that can lead to a whole bunch of problems in your body because your liver cannot properly filter your blood. If that's the case, then it gets even worse, which can lead to a big tax on your liver and ultimately liver disease. Fortunately, there is liver health formula, and liver Health Formula can help give your liver a break while you go about losing the belly fat. In fact, it can help you lose belly fat. It contains eleven clinically proven botanicals to help recharge your liver to help give it a break, to help with your bloodshirger, et cetera. And Liver Health Formula's makers want you to know this. Please don't make a plan of being on this for life. Get on this and let it help you drop the body fat and give your liver the ultimate break. Lose the fat, lose the fat your liver in all likelihood. Here's what you can do is buy a thirty day supply of liver health formula, get a free bottle of blood Sugar Formula three to keep your heart healthy. Visit get liverhelp dot com slash todd. You'll also receive a free gift with your order another free gift. So again, that's a thirty day supply of liver health formula plus a free ball of blood Sugar three and a bonus gift. Go to getliverhelp dot com slash todd. That's get liverhelp dot com slash todd. It's easy for us to feel bad when we don't get certain portions of scripture. And I'm going to bring you to this that chosen in just a second, or a clip from it just a bit. But let me start with a scripture that challenges me. It's the one we've been pinning on Cami Harris because I truly believe Proverbs chapter six, verses sixteen through nineteen. I truly believe it describes Cami Harris, and I believe it describes a lot of people in politics, but particularly Cami Harris. There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are attestable to him. Haughty eyes, which is another way of saying prideful self centered, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises whipid schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies, and a person who stirs up conflict in the community. My version of this that I'm looking at, that phrase, a person who steers up conflict in the community is highlighted when we are engaged in politics. It is our job to have this scripture hurt our hearts. We have to invite this pain because that pain can help us modulate how we speak. There was a time, and maybe you know this, where I was absolutely addicted to Twitter, and I loved burning people. I loved burning them down, and it was a dopamine hit and it was pleasurable. And sometimes people will still give into that. I don't argue on Twitter. In fact, I've gone down and I don't lock my Twitter down. But I've gone through everything I can to make sure I only see notifications from people I follow, because I know myself, I know how easily drawn into something. I'll give you another example. There's a way I can drive home, which is you, which is about i'd say sixty sixty five percent of the time faster. But the thirty five percent of the time I hit a train, there I become a flat out satanic lunatic because I can't stand not knowing when I'm gonna get home. I would rather have the predictable trick home, a trip home which is slower but predictable. Very rarely do I get a train than stopping at those moments because I have to just deal with Wait, you're turning left. No, no, wait, wait, you're not going to try to beat the train. Do people see what's going on? Wait? You can go around that guy. There's another And I become this insane lunatic. Same thing in social media used to happen to me. You may have the same thing where you own the libs. We have a responsibility to learn how to speak into these circumstances in a way that Jesus might knowing that we don't get to go overturn the tables in the temple. He got to do that because he is and was God. That's a challenge, and it goes back to me to that faring and careness methodong. A firing, fairness and caring methodology. This is how moderates and people who are persuadable to see things. Is it caring and fair when we communicate through that lens, we win more arguments. So in the case of let's say deplorables, Hey, can I ask you a question? Since you've not met everybody who identifies as Trump, is it really fair to just say deplorables? I mean, there's some people who really care about their country and you disagree on policy. But can I ask, for the purposes of this discussion, can we not use that phrase. I don't want to deplore people. I don't want to deplore you. I'd rather not be deplored, and I'd rather find ways to care for you. We may disagree on politics, but I would genuinely like to find some ways to care for you. In fact, I'd like to be able to share some things about me that maybe you could have some caring for me, and maybe we could treat each other in a more fair way. So, if I was involved in the conversation with Ed Stetzer, wouldn't that be a wiser way to deal with it? It would be a scriptural way to deal with it, because it's not about stirring up conflict in the community. Now that's not to say that Jesus was the soft soap Jesus. This is what C. S. Lewis talked about, the soft soap Jesus, the Jesus who is everybody's buddy. He's only always cheerful and happy, and all things are good, and he knows how things are going to turn out, so he has optously, not even an optimistic point of view. He knows how things end. It's not optimism, it's knowledge. But Jesus himself said, I did not come to night but to divide. So we need to be able to divide, but do it with love. That's such a difficult thing. I've shared with you family members who have same sex attracted kids and friends of same sex attracted kids, that one's going to come for you. You are going to deal with this, And the better you get at it now from a perspective of faring and caring in fairness, the better we cannot stir up conflict in our community. Maybe it's something you deal with an advance, Maybe it's something you deal with by now saying, Hey, how would you want me to respond if one of your kids decided to go have a wedding ceremony? What would you want me to do. Maybe it's dealing with it now in advance. Maybe it's saying to them, hey, can I share with you why that would be a real challenge for me. May I share with you that I love you so much and your kids so much that I cannot pretend I love them without regard to how they decide to live this way. I love them without regard to sexual habits, like I love you without regard to your sexual habits, and I can't endorse them if they're non biblical. Is it fair for me to tell you that in advance? Is there some way we could deal with this in advance, because we're all going to be called at some point. This is going to come for all of us. So let's be scripture about it. Let's not stir up conflict in the community. Let's not stir up conflict in families. Let's deal with it ahead of time. Scripture can be super challenging, and there is a fact of the Bible that I think proves this point that even really really brilliant learners or knowers of the law are very, very challenged by some of the things Jesus said. I'll show you this in a second Our bodies are designed to need God. Our bodies, our minds, our souls are designed to need God, to need that connection with the God. I don't know about you, but sometimes I have woken from sleep and felt utterly connected to God. In fact, I'll tell you a story about that. Sometime waking and feeling absolutely at rest. This is after I decided to quit the radio show and on short notice, the Seattle radio show, and I woke with complete rest in the hand of the Father. This is a scene from The Chosen. It's one of two we're going to play today. We'll get back to some scriptures I think should challenge all Christians. This is a meeting between Nicodemus, who was a big time teacher of the law. He was well respected in his community, thought of as a big time academic, a teacher of teachers. He sought out Jesus for a private meeting because Nicodemus was afraid to be seen with him in public. In the scene, Nicodemus properly refers to Jesus's rabbi. He's an older man talking to a younger man, and the older man is confused.
Speaker 7: The eastern slums, many wandering preachers have succeeded in gathering crowds, but their rhetoric and fiery tone.
Speaker 8: I've heard a few of them over the years myself, so you know the type.
Speaker 7: But I have never heard anyone tell the paralytic to get up and walk, much less it actually happened. So what is your conclusion? I believe you are not acting alone. No one can do these signs you do without having God in him, only someone who has come from God.
Speaker 8: And how is that belief going over in the synagogue? Which is why we are here at this hour?
Speaker 7: What else? What have you come here to show us? A kingdom that is what our rulers are worried about.
Speaker 8: No, not that kind? Then, what a sort of kingdom that a person cannot see unless he is born again?
Speaker 7: Born again? Yes, you mean a new creature or conversion from Gentile to Jewish. No, that's not what I'm talking about. And what is born again? I hope you don't mean return to the womb, because that would be a problem for me. My mother and she rest in peace, is dead.
Speaker 8: Truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the spirit, he cannot enter the Kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the spirit, his spirit, that part of you, that is what must be reborn to a new life.
Speaker 1: How can these things be?
Speaker 8: Ah, My teacher is Rayel, and yet you do not understand things.
Speaker 1: I love the scene. I love the acting, and I know there's some controversy about the chosen, and I understand it's not scripture. That's a very scriptural scene done with great respect. Sond dem is his teacher of the law. We've heard born again so often we think we know what it means. He doesn't, and he's honest, will continue to get into some of the chosen. Just one more clip on this, but I'm going to go to Matthew chapter seven, verses twenty one through twenty three. This one should freak Christians out. Not everyone who says to me, Lord will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father, who is in heaven. On that day, many will say to me, Lord Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and cast out demons your name? And do many mighty works in your name? And then I will declare to them, I never knew you. Depart from me. You workers of wawlessness. I never knew you. In that scene, Nicodemus sits across from God Almighty in human form, part of the Holy Trinity, and he's trying to get to know him. And in Nicodemus's hearts, Nicodemus knows. He said, you're from God. But Nicodemus was challenged with departing the world, and we read into this. It's not said this way, but we read into it departing his and imagine you'd be leaving your whole life behind. Ultimately, Nicodemus does come around and arrange for a proper barrower for the Lord Jesus, and tradition tells us that he converted. That's what tradition would tell us. That's not biblical, that phrase, I never knew you? What does that mean. There's plenty of people you can be around and not know. You can chitchat, you can make small talk, but you don't know them. You begin to know people when you've had a conflict, when you have worked together, when you have solved the problem together, when you've seen them through seasons of plenty and little, when you've seen them in times of great peace and conflict, when you have talked with them of important things, and when you feel comfortable sharing with them, and when you really know a person, you know their voice or even their footsteps. I've made this comparison before at home. I can tell who's walking within three footsteps? Is it my wife? Is my daughter? In fact, through repetition, I can actually tell which cat is walking. Is it the white cat or the orange cat? I can tell by the way they walk. We learn to know the Father's voice how by being in the word and then applying it to our daily life, and by arguing. David's in the Psalms. This part of that is his prayer journal. Sometimes in it he's expressing frustration with God and listening for the answer. God's voice may not be audible to you. In fact, someone wrote me an email and respond to you next week and wait, can you teach me how to hear God's voice? No, I can't, because you're going to have it in a unique way that I do. But I can hear you. I can tell you how to recognize his word. Knowing the Lord is inviting him in. Knowing the Lord is even asking maybe for things that you know you're not going to get. That God cannot bless them, and it's asking it knowing. Hey, I know can't bless this, but I'm gonna ask anyway. We do that with people, I'm gonna ask you a big favorite. Oh gosh, you know I could do that. I really can't. We do it with bosses. Hey, can I have a month's paycheck in advance? I reach? Gosh, No, I can't, But I can give you like a week in advance. Getting to know God so that we never face that day of I never knew you means that we have interactions with God outside of just getting down on our knees and praying. How we interact with this people. We allow ourselves to be discipled by people who are more spiritually mature than us. We disciple people who are less mature than us. In the faith, we spend time with the Body. If you're not spending time with the body of Christ, how do you know the Lord? If you have rendered yourself separate from the Body of Christ, how do you know the Lord? There's been many many people have said to me, I don't need church, right, it's just me and the Bible. In Jesus, is that what Jesus said, did Jesus say people don't need a church. God never does anything unintentionally. When the Lord Jesus set up a church, he intended for us to be part of it as a way of meeting the body together. That scripture should challenge people, do you know the Lord? Do I? Matthew Chapter thirteen, verses thirty through thirty two. Whoever is not with me is against me. And whoever does not gather with me scatters. Whoever does not gather with me scatters. Therefore, I tell you every sin and blasphemacy with blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come. I cannot tell you that I understand what that means. Do you? I guess to blasphem the Holy Spirit is to have a Holy Spirit to tell you show you you are not to do this, and you to say I don't care. I don't care what you say. Holy spirits, I don't want you. You're an evil spirit. Would that be it? It should concern us when there are statements like that that we don't understand. Next time I have my pastor and friend Jim up and on, I'll ask him about this and if you know the answer, share it with me. That one should concern us because it's an unforgivable sin. When I was at the youth camp this past this past month or no, was got like three weeks ago, this came up and one of the colders said, no, there's no unforgivable sins. Say no, it's in scripture Matthew thirteen thirty through thirty two. The blasphemen of ce Blasphemy are the unforgivable sin of blaspheming the Holy Spirit. That should concern us. It concerns me because I don't think I understand it well. And the chosen Nicodemus tried to get more of an understanding of what Jesus meant by being born again, and it went.
Speaker 7: Like this, I'm sorry I could disappoint.
Speaker 8: And I did not come to deliver the people from Rome than from wart from sin, from spiritual death. God loves the world in this way that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
Speaker 7: So this has nothing to do with wrong. It all about sin.
Speaker 8: God did not send his son into the world to condemn it Nicotimus. He sent him to save it through him. It's as simple as Moses's serpent on the pole. Whoever believes in him will not be condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned.
Speaker 1: Already in the Old Testaments, Moses was told to create a serpent on a pole. The people them being snake bits, and it was their accountability for turning from God. And Moses was told to make this and have the people look upon it. Why are we looking at a serpent because I told you to, because the very thing that's been striking you dead, I'm going to have you look upon it, because it's an act of faith, because God said to. When the Lord Jesus was raised upon the cross, it was a sign of that him, not the serpent, of course, him, the savior of mankind. People looked upon him and believed. They chose to believe, looking upon the servant, that God's going to do what he says he's going to do. This is a challenging, challenging thought and was very challenging for Nicodemus, who did not. He had an opportunity to be a disciple, a man of God, clearly clearly seeking God, had an opportunity to be with him, but couldn't or wouldn't because he couldn't give something up. Two of the hardest pieces of scripture. One, particularly for conservatives. Talk about next. Yeah, it's Romans thirteen. It is difficult sometimes to I find new ways to talk about products I've told you about before, But I have one. It's Eden Pier's oxy leaf.
Speaker 7: Two.
Speaker 1: When I've talked to you about my friend and his bear sausage rotting in his car and his wife's car with a catpuke in it, and I've talked to you about my friend there's a taxi Germy business. Did I mention that a friend of mine's a taxi Germany business. He sent me a note and said, hey, we do do this. We put this in our workplace because we don't want anyone to smell any of the chemicals or any of the things that we use. Anything that's aging. That's how we use it. And if you're at a home where you have cats and dogs or this and this is kind of the uncomfortable one and truly it's uncomfortable. I got a note from a woman who's a home healthcare nurse and she's doing this right now for loved ones, and she mentioned there actually is a smell of old people smell people laying in bed. He goes, I don't want that to be the case when our grandkids come over and the family comes over. So I bought this to put in the room with my great aunt. And that helps clear the air. And it doesn't do it loud. That lady doesn't want to hear a loud air filter. She's in bed, it's in the highlight, the nighttime of her life, the twilight of her life. She doesn't want a big air filter buzzing away. Air filters are expensive. You have to replace the filters a couple unter bucks every year. This is an air purifier Auxually. Two operate silently in the background, producing ozone. That ozone. The three molecules bond to the molecules that produce the bad smell, and they toss them. And in case you haven't noticed, there are places in your house, like your laundry room. Maybe the laundry stacks up like certain areas of the garage. Maybe your home gym. They could use this right now. You can get buy one, get one that's the new special. Buy one, get one go to eatinpreer deeals dot com. Enter code todd three. Buy one, get one that's a major discount. Eatinpreer deeals dot com. Enter code todd three, buy one, get one. Romans thirteen is the most challenging of the scriptures for conservatives. Submission to governing authorities. Let everyone be subject to governing authorities. For there's no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authorities rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so, will bring judgment upon themselves. For rulers hold no terror or for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear, from the fear from the word is authority, then do what is right and you will be commended, for the one in authority is in God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God's servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment to the wrong doer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment, but also as a matter of conscience. This is also why you pay taxes. For The authorities are God's servants who give their full time governing. Give to everyone what you owe them. If you owe taxes, pay taxes. If revenue, then revenue, if respect and respect, if honor, then honor. Mostly we do this. You mostly follow the law. I bet you aren't outrunning stop signs. I bet you aren't out going thirty miles an hour with the speed limit a regular basis. I bet you do pay your taxes. I bet you don't steal. I bet you follow the authorities for the most part. Here's where the conflict's coming from, I think is our authorities have become ungodly. God sometimes lets un goodly rulers stay in place like the figurehead, like God forbid Caammie Harris. He does that for his own ends, which are always for our own good. And we have an example here. The again, back to knowing the Lord. There is an accept to this. It's not in the text. It's in the behaviors of Peter in the early and the apostles. They were told, you will not preach the word of Jesus, you will not practice your faith, And they said, we will not stop. So the point of being crucified, beaten, boiled in oil, having been torn apart, stabbed, stoned, we will not stop when it comes to violating the word of God that goes against the ultimate authority. When we're told to lie, Hey, that man is a woman, I'm not going to do that. When we're told to hate someone because of their race, I'm not going to do that. We're to love our neighbor as we love ourselves. When we're told to steal reparations, taking money from people who never held slaves to give to people who weren't ever slaves, that's theft. We can fight against that. We can argue against that, because it's ungodly to cause us to steal or to be stolen from.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Of course, scripture says, when someone comes to take your cloak, offer them as well your shirt. It's a difficult thing. It should be difficult. But if it's not difficult, it might mean you are not in the word. If it's not difficult to follow a perfect God as an imperfect human being you're probably not trying to follow the word. You ever had to work out with someone who is flawless at something, it's very very frustrating. You can stay with them for a little while, but after a while they're just going to overtake you. I've made the mistake a few times being in a workout around people who are great swimmers, and I don't swim. I plow through water. And the more fat I've lost, the more that's true. I don't float. It's very very difficult, and it's super super hard, and it's beautiful to watch a real swimmer who actually floats upon the water and propels themselves through the water just like they're floating. As I have said, it's very difficult to match that perfection, and I probably will never get there. We'll never get to the perfection of God. But if that doesn't cause a conflict in you as you try to live to the world, then maybe you're not really seeking perfection. Maybe I'm not. When I say you, I mean us, by the way. But Romans thirteen doesn't end there. That's Romans thirteen one through seven, Romans thirteen eight through ten. Love fulfills the law. Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another. For whosoever loves others has fulfilled the law. The commandments you should not commit adultery, you should not murder, you should not steal, you should not come it, and whatever other command there may be are summed up in this one command. Love your neighbor as yourself. Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore, love is the fulfillment of the law. If we take this right back up to the top, we take it right back up to President Trump. We take it to a man who has either enough love for himself, and let's admit President Trump loves himself of a plenty. If he were a man driven by racial animis and hatred, he would have treated that black journalists in a completely different way. I think she was baiting him. I think she hates him. I think that was clear. I think she wanted him to react really, really harshly. Instead, he was calm and measured, the way he is with other adversarial journalists. It was a masterclass and it was respectful. Just because we love doesn't mean we agree, And just because we agree with God's word doesn't mean we're living it out. If there's not a conflict from time to time in your heart in relation to your behavior and scripture, then maybe you're not seriously in the word. A wrestling match with God can be a blessing because it can show you are maturing spiritually. And the Bible is full of moments or people have had to take a step back and even the great of the Bible and say, my gosh, what have I done? God? Thank you for making your word a tool always good for rebuke and teaching and instruction. Thank you for providing us a model of perfection we can never reach, but we can pursue. This is a Todd Hermannshaw. Please go, be well, be strong, be kind, and please make every effort to walk in the light of Christ.