Speaker 1: And now your host former Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Tech tam Case.
Speaker 2: Well, everybody, welcome in Tomo, Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this Wednesday night. You're Los Angeles Dodgers back at it at eighty six and fifty nine on the season, first place atop the NL West. After dropping the first two games of this series to the Cubbies, the Dodgers look to salvage things up with a win tonight on Max Monsey Bobblehead Nights, Bobby Miller, He's on the mound as the Dodgers look to write the ship. First pitch coming up from Dodger Stadium at seven ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Dodgers on Deck, including your chance to win Sweet tickets and the Zenschi Sweet Live Challenge that's coming up. In thirty minutes, we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, David Vasse. We'll check in throughout the hour. He'll go one on one with no Ma, No more Garcia par We got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll check in with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA in In just a few minutes, we'll head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth, and here from Tim Neverett and Rick Monday. Well, last night it was the return of Yoshinobu Yamamoto, missing almost three months with a shoulder injury. He was back last night, and better than an advertised four any one run, four hits, eight punch outs, he threw fifty nine pitches, right around that sixty pitch mark that Dave Roberts said he'd get to in this initial return. Peter Crow Armstrong reached on an infield single in the second, the only run the Yamamoto would give up. The Dodgers would tie things up. In the bottom of the second Tommy edmund is solo home run to left that tied the game at one, and the fourth Dodgers took the lead thanks again to Tommy Edmund in August.
Speaker 3: First pitch, Edmund swings again dry some all left center field, carrying back, carrying back.
Speaker 4: Throw Armstrong at the wall.
Speaker 3: It's out of here, Tommy edm It's done it again. It's first two Dodger home runs coming consecutive abs against the all star lefty.
Speaker 4: It's a two one.
Speaker 2: League Tommy Edmund goes deep for this second time, his second in a Dodger uniform as the Dodgers go up two to one in the fifth inning. The guy would have a bobblehead made after him tonight, well, last night a home run has.
Speaker 3: The ball at the belt, now at the letters, the two zero pitch to Monthsie high in the air to right field.
Speaker 2: Max Monsey's watching it fly.
Speaker 4: That one is long gone.
Speaker 3: Third Dodger home run of the game in a three one league thanks to Max Monsey's thirteenth of the season.
Speaker 2: Max Mounsey goes deep a solo home run. That's the top tier play of the game sponsored by Arco Quality, top tier gas for the last Dodgers feeling good. They had a three to one lead after five innings. They was in great outing from Yamamoto, who went the four The Dodgers' bullpen initially looked good, but then the defense fell apart in the eighth inning. Couple of airs, a couple of bad pitches, five runs on the board for the Chicago Cubs last night as they go back and win it six to three over the Dodgers as the bullpen absolutely fell apart, giving up those five runs in the eighth inning, Evan Phillips gets tagged with the loss as the Dodgers fall to eighty six and fifty nine on this season. The Dodgers still have a lead in the NL West, but it's down to just four and a half games over the Padres only five games over the Diamondbacks. Tonight, the Dodgers need to get back on track, simple as that they need to end this series in Homestead on a winning note, and they give the ball to Bobby Miller first pitch, coming up at seven ten. With more we head out to the Galvin Motors broadcast booth and say hello to Tim Neverett and Rick Monday. Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: It's really nice evening here at Dodgers Stadium as we get ready for the third and final game the Dodgers and the Chicago Cubs. Dodgers trying to salvage a game in this series. They've not been swept at home at all this season and are trying to avoid that fate here tonight as they send Bobby Miller to the mind. Miller two and four and seven to seven nine. Era Jordan Wicks, who has had some injury issues this year, with an obleak. He is back on the mound and he has a two and three record with an ERA slightly over four. The Dodgers begin the day eighty six and fifty nine, four and a half games in front of both San Diego and Arizona. Arizona beat Texas fourteen to four earlier today to pick up the half game temporarily. Meantime, the Cubs still battling it out and still alive in the wild card race seventy five and seventy. They have won four of five against the Dodgers this season, and they have won eight straight on the road, and well, this Cub team has been the road warriors of the National League over the left a little while. They have averaged over ten runs a game during their eight game road winning streak.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they've been able to do it. And then not only doing that, sixteen the last twenty three have also been in that win column. And then you start to look at what they've done on the road. They're twelve and four and the sixteen games played since the first of August, so yeah, they're doing a lot of different things. And by the way, since the first of August on the road, this Cub team has hit three to three. They've not only hit the ball well, they have caught the ball exception well. Their defense has really been sparkling in this particular two game series. To this particular point, if the Dodgers, they have to shed what was really a crummy game last night and maybe the worst game they played all year, and I think going back even in spring training. They made three airs, but they also made metal mistakes and other than Yamamoto throwing a very good game last night his return from the injury list, went four very strong innings and struck out the first five batters that he faced. In fact, he struck out six of the first seven batters the facing the ball game the Dodgers, well, they'll shed that one. One good thing is that Tiascar Hernantez is back in the lineup after missing four games.
Speaker 5: He is batting forth, so the oskar back in the cleanup spot. And you're right about last night really a tale of two cities. You had Pete Crow Armstrong doing his best Spider Man imitation out in center field. He was unbelievable defensively, and the Dodgers were on the opposite end of that spectrum and having to wash that game off with strong soap.
Speaker 6: Now it wasn't just the physical areas, it was also mental areas, wrong place, wrong time, pickoff at first, not in the right position. So you know, Dave Roberts was not particularly pleased last night of the postgame interview. Understandably, he said that he was not going to have a meeting, that they would talk to a couple of different players and maybe here and there just kind of passed the word along. And I think from a player's standpoint, tim they don't have to be reminded that it was a less than stellar game and not a game that a first place team in the Western Division should be playing it. I don't think they will ever play a game like that the rest of this year.
Speaker 5: Pitching up day, Tyler glasnow expected to throw a simulated game in Atlanta on Friday, and that will hopefully push up his return a little bit. Quicker Clayton Kershaw threw in the bullpen today, came out through on the field. He was wearing spikes on his left foot. Of course, that's been an issue for him, the foot that he pushes off the Moud and Joe Kelly will be in Oklahoma City Thursday and Sunday and is expected to rejoin the Dodgers midway through the road trip when they're in Miami next week. So the Dodgers and the Cubs getting ready for the third and final game of this series. Dodgers trying to salvage one in this three game set as they start tonight with a magic number of thirteen.
Speaker 2: Tim All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on A's Shaky's Pizza part or what are your Shaky's Pizza chickin Emojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we're going to hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. David bes Say checks in. We got your Dodgers magical moment, We got your chance to win sweet tickets. Yeah, and he's inchy Sweet Live Challenge that's coming up in about twenty minutes. But I'm next Kirsten Watson and your Otani rewind leading up to Dodgers and Cubs on Max Bunsey Bobblehead Night. First Bitch is sevent ten. Thanks for being with us. I'm sim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers on you know.
Speaker 4: It is Lorongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 1: To Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Cubs on this Wednesday Night, final game of this three game series. Max BUNSI Bobblehead Night, Bobby Miller, Jordan Wicks. A pitching matchup, first pitch, set first seventeen.
Speaker 4: This is the Otani.
Speaker 1: Ree.
Speaker 2: Why well, it was a quiet night for show hey last night. As the leadoff hitter oh for four, hitting two ninety Now on this season, showy Otani still looking for fifty to fifty on the year, forty six home runs and currently sitting on forty seven stolen bases. So Tani rewind brought to you by Eto Anzoyotcha, Japan's number one green tea in the tea that Showyo Tani loves and drinks available at local Dizo stores, Amazon and eto in dot Com. That's it O E N dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson and.
Speaker 2: Kirston now joins us from the stadium, final game of the series, final game of his homestand and it's off to Atlanta after a day off tomorrow. Kirsten, It's time for a little sts salvage this series.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is, especially with how last night ended. I mean, look, you have a game in which Yoshobianmoto comes off the il is able to get through four innings. He was efficient, he was I mean, I think he was more than what you could have imagined for a player who hasn't pitched in a handful of months at this rate. So for the game to start that way, and then with Dave Roberts ahead of the game saying that he wanted to see his team find a way to get to Showta I Minanga, he wanted his team to field the excitement, the matchup, all of that, and things were looking like they were going to go in that way. Tommy Edmund had two home runs in the game that Max months he had a home run, so it felt like things are moving in that direction. But that eighth inning, I think is one that everyone would like to forget.
Speaker 4: The three errors.
Speaker 7: It just it felt like it was one thing after another. And even when talking to the guys after the game, I mean, guys were you could feel that they were frustrated, but also what they were saying. You could just hear that they were frustrated. So right now, it's just turning the page. I was talking to Max Monsey earlier actually, and he was just like, sometimes you have to come in and recognize, like this game it is a mental grind, and you have to be able to come in and recognize, Okay, it's zero zero, it's a new day, it's a new game, and you have to have that mindset and that approach. And so they are looking to salvage this series today, looking to win this game, and also recognizing they know what the division standings look like, they know how close things are getting, and knowing that they have to maintain that lead and maintained playing really good baseball in September.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers head off on the road after tonight. But Bobby Miller feels like we're saying in every game now recently, Kirsten the starter needs to give him some death. We got to see what they have for the postseason, and Bobby Miller again one of those question.
Speaker 7: Marks, Yeah, it really is. I mean, look at this rate. You know that there is yoshobah Yamamoto who was back and we saw his performance yesterday, Tyler Glass now is working his way back, is hopefully it's going to take part in a SIM game on Friday. And you have Jack Flaherty who's been fantastic since coming over at the deadline. So those are your three guys that are going to be the ones, it seems like to carry the load come October. But even day Roberts today said that you need a fourth starter because you can't then have a bullpen game after knowing that the bullpen's going to need to be available to help the other starters out. So you're going to need that fourth guy. Who is that going to be. Is it going to be Walker Wheeler? Is it going to be Bobby Miller? Of course, there are still some question marks around Gavin Stone about Clayton Kershaw, and then Landon Nak has now kind of coming to the conversation since he's been performing really well. But you need someone to step up. And when it comes to Bobby Miller, the thing with him has just been the lack of consistency, and so that's something that Dave Roberts wants to see from him. With Walker, who constantly are hearing about these building blocks, Well, now we need to see how can Bobby Miller use different things that are working well. It seems like the fastball is not necessarily his It is his go to pitch at the moment, but that's in which hitters have been getting to him. It's his secondary stuff that has been excellent. So how can he just whether it's sequencing or putting himself in a better position to be successful. So hopefully we can see some of that today, because you know, time is ticking. It's crazy to think. Go today September eleventh, and we're going to blink, and there's one more home stand and the second to last road trip starts tomorrow, so now is the time to get things going.
Speaker 2: Tonight is the night. Here's that we appreciate it. We'll check out with you afterwards. Dodger fans and a Hanser listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by la Care Health Plans serving to all Angelinos Lacare dot org. Still to come, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Mass goes one on one with no more Garciaparra up next, so we'll get you an injury report, and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. Leading up to Dodgers and Cubs on this Wednesday night, first pitch to seven ten. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Wednesday night as we lead up to first pitch from Dodger Stadium Dodgers and Cubs Marongo Casino Resort and spy a Grand Slam. Four good times. Bobby Miller, Jordan wikes the pitching matchup. First pitch, set first seven ten.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury Report present.
Speaker 2: I use the healthy official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. TA Oscar and is back in the lineup. That is good news after getting hit by a pitch on Friday night. Gavin Stone on the iel with the right shoulder inflammation, Joe Kelly's out on a right minor league rehab assignment, Clayton Kershaw working his way back from turf toe, Tyler Glasna on the iel at the right elbow to tonight is Bruce dar graderol back yesterday? That is good news A day earlier, remember than expected. All right, let's head back out to Dodgers dat Eveen check out with the Dodgers Skipper. Questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 4: In the dugout with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 8: Just some consistency. I think that we all know the ceiling of what Bobby can do. There's a lot of stuff that he can do, and any given night he has the ability to dominate a game. I just think it's just the consistency of the performance. But each time, you know, I see him on the mountain, I feel good about it. So, like I said, I think he's primed to have a good one tonight.
Speaker 1: Pressing things, it's to get closer to that effort.
Speaker 8: So I think just understanding how to use his fastball. The facts are that it's just not a swing and mispitch, and so it doesn't matter the velocity, it doesn't matter what he thinks. I really believe the hitters tell you. So with that understanding how to use it, where to find places to go in the strike zone to go, and then how you use your secondaries behind it, and so I think he's got a plus change up and I think he's got a good curve ball that when you put those pieces together, the mix works. I think sometimes when you get bullish on something, then the hitters make you pay. So with that, if he can sequence the right way, command the fastball, he can be as good as we all expect.
Speaker 1: Him to be.
Speaker 8: It just gives you more margin. No hitters like hidding secondary pitches. You just obviously can't live and die by it. But you still got to be able to strike it. And so if you can do that and get people to honor those pitches, then it just makes everything a lot, makes life a lot easier.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's Dave Roberts down the dugout, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right. He's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at service titan dot com. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with David Veasse. So we lead you up to the first pitch Dodgers and Cubs. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is the Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Low.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Cubs. Bobby Millard Jordans the pitching matchup in this series finale on Max Munsey's Bobblehead Night. The umpiring crew for tonight's game brought to you by friend Loyal Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 4: Joining Tim kats on Dodgers on Deck. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV. The reviews are in. What were they on yamamotos performance last night?
Speaker 9: Well, I could tell you Yamamoto's feelings about it today. When I spoke to him, he was certainly pleased with the way things went last night. The split fingered fastball was on point.
Speaker 2: The fastball command was what we.
Speaker 9: Had heard it would be coming out of Japan, and that was, as he said, the best fastball command he has had all season long. And he also said he had the best curveball he has had all season long, and talking to him earlier this afternoon, he said it was Clayton Kershaw that helped him get his curveball because it was not feeling great in his last bullpen session leading up to last night's game. He told me that Kershaw observed his bullpen session and once it was completed, Kershaw showed him how to tweak his grip a little bit on his curveball. And when he was coming back to the dugout after the first inning last night, he was telling his interpreter Hero, thank God for Kershaw. So Clayton Kershaw, even when he's not pitching, helping out the team.
Speaker 2: David, he had Cody Bellinger on Dodgers on deck last night. Great to have Cody back in LA. And he's a guy who's really become a thorn the Dodger side. He really has.
Speaker 8: I mean him and Michael Bush.
Speaker 9: I've had quite a series so far, but Cody has really taken it to the Dodgers. And you heard the way he sounded yesterday, Tim, It's a more mature Cody Bellinger. And I asked his manager with the Cubs, Craig Council, whether or not he has noticed a difference. But before I did that, I asked him whether or not Cody brings up the twenty eighteen NLCS when Craig was the manager of the Brewers that year and Cody was the NLCS MVP that year.
Speaker 10: I don't like to bring that up, but no, I mean Cody was. Look, I mean, he was such a dangerous player, and you know, he had a big part in me going home that year. So he has you know, he's never brought it up. Actually I've brought it up a couple of times, but he's not. He's not. He's the site that would never bring that up.
Speaker 9: Actually, Cody was saying that he knows himself better as a hitter than he did even at the beginning of last season. Do you see that from your time being around him and competing against him?
Speaker 10: I do think, yeah, I think that's a that's a good observation, and I think he's right, and I think he does know. That's one of the I think Cody's superpowers is that he's you know, look, he's been through he's been through this very unique career path and it's it's probably forced a lot of like self examination and trying and trying to understand what's going on with my swing. You know, it probably happened really easily for a little while, and then it was really hard and that required him to to, you know, really kind of dig into understanding what am I doing? And I think it's like he's come out on the other side of that with a with a great understanding what he's doing. He's got amazing instincts in the box and with what pitchers are doing. Then he and he's also always realizes that, yeah, I always have to grow and I always have to get better.
Speaker 9: All right. There's former Dodger and current Cubs manager Craig Council on the maturity of Cody Bellinger.
Speaker 2: All right, DV appreciate it, great stuff. D V is driven by forward. If there's one thing we like, it's choices, find yours. With the Ford F one fifty, the game as the hybrid, the all electric tough, this mark can all be called F one fifty. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we got the Zen Sheet, Sweet Life Challenge. We're also gonna hear from no Mark Garcia Para. But first up next Dodgers Magical Moment, Dodgers Cubs. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Cubs. Leading up to first pitch from Dodgers Stadium on this Wednesday night, Bobby Miller Jordan Wicks the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: I who wants hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Bitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, it's September eleventh. It's been twenty three years since the attack on our country. The sports world stopped for more than a week after the attacks in New York City, Pennsylvania. In Washington, d c. Baseball returned on September seventeenth, two thousand and one. The Dodgers hosted the Padres out of Dodger Stadium that night. It was the first game back for both teams. Here was Vin Scully pregame with a message to Dodger fans.
Speaker 11: Good evening and welcome to Dodger Stadium. All of us have experienced a litany of emotions, whether it would be shock, disbelief, and horror, followed by grief, mourning, and anger. All of us indeed have lost a lot. We have lost thousands of lives. We have lost some of our self confidence, we have lost some of our freedom, and certainly we have lost a way of life. The President of the United States has said it is time to go back to work. And so, despite a heavy heart, baseball gets up out of the dirt, brushes itself off, and will followollow his command, hoping in some small way to inspire the nation to do the same. All of the ballplayers in the major leagues are wearing the American play out of patriotism, yes, out of love of country, yes, but more so out of duty and of courage, and to pronounce a national firmness.
Speaker 6: Of will will.
Speaker 11: God bless us in our efforts. God bless them as America.
Speaker 2: The Great Vin Scully September seventeenth, two thousand and one. This Hofey magical moment brought to you by Hafey hot Dogs, a SoCal treasure for over one hundred years. Visit haffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase cravelicious Haffey hot Dogs. All Right who wants to live the sweet life at a Dodger game eight sixty sixth ninety seven two five seventy Call right now. I need three contestants to play the Zenchi Sweet Life Challenge. You tell me which player with the fresh Player of the game eight six six ninety seven two five seventy Lead you up to Dodgers and Cubs. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on, Todgers on deck y'all on the official home of.
Speaker 4: La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Cubs on this Wednesday night. Bobby Miller on the mound. Jordan Wicks, We'll go for the Cubbies first pitch at sevent ten.
Speaker 4: This is the Zenchi Sweet Light Challenge.
Speaker 1: One lucky winner and a guest get to watch the Dodgers from the Zenchy Sweet all made possible by Zenchi Sushi, Fast, Fresh and easy.
Speaker 2: All right, we have our three contestants. Tell me who'll be the fresh player of the game tonight. Girardo, you are first up. What is your guests? Hey, Oscar, Hernandez. All right, good luck to you. Girardo. Brett is our second contestant, Welcome, Brett. What's your guests? Pretty Freeman? Freddy Freeman? All right, good luck to you, Brett. Our third and foul contestant is Mark Mark. Welcome, what is you your guests? Go ahead?
Speaker 9: Mark King Kong has missing on show. Hey, o' tell you.
Speaker 6: I'm guessing he's gonna call up, say time in the order thirty and in cleared the bases with some huge glass.
Speaker 4: All right, he just.
Speaker 2: Needs to be the fresh player of the game. Good luck to you. Mark, Brett and Heraldo are three contestants in these Enchy Sweet Live Challenge presented by Zenchi hand Crafted Sushi made fresh daily on site. Pickup delicious sushi before the game at Rouse and other local supermarkets near the deli counter. Still to come, we're gonna hear from Nom Nomar Garcia para dive Deep part of this pitching matchup, but first.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bassaying. Here's La Dodgers broadcast and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: Rick.
Speaker 9: This is the final game of this six game homestand the temperatures were extremely hot at the beginning, but livable working conditions today.
Speaker 6: You know, the temperatures are high, and for the Dodgers last night, the gloves were cold.
Speaker 9: I know you talked about not only the physical errors, but what were the men errors that you were pointing out.
Speaker 6: Dave Roberts was talking about it, and I heard you play Roberts on the postgame interview last night on Dodger Talk, and he also brought it up on the cut off in reline. Okay, from the outfield one of the instances where was Max Munsey at third base? And we're not trying to nitpick right here, but we're going to analyze what took place. He was set up five feet on the outfield side of the third base bag and you get to throw from the outfield. It was not cut off. The throw coming in from Edmund Well, it was offline, no question about it. But that's a throw that somebody needs to put a glove on it. And where was he set up? If you look at Andy Pays, he was picked off at first base going back with the left foot. You're much quicker if you go back to the right foot because you're going to be on balance. Little things like that went back standing up little things here and there. In judgment, you're going to make physical errors. That's no offens and butts about it. But that was a very poorly played Dodger ball game last night, and that's not the way the Dodgers play the game of baseball. And I'm sure they're going to come out and have redemption here tonight and do some things.
Speaker 9: It would be nice for the Dodgers to score some early runs for Bobby Miller because obviously Bobby has needed that run.
Speaker 6: Support absolutely well, he's needed to run support, but he's also got to close the toll gate to home plate, and he's allowed too many runs to come around and score. So the question is going to be he has an excellent changeup. Isn't it strange we talk about Bobby Miller and I bring up the change up instead of the fact that you look at the two previous years combined, he made over two hundred and eighty pitches or one hundred miles an hour more. Well, he's not in that area anymore, at least not at this particular time. He may reach it towards the end of the season, if he gets a couple more starts. He may be there next year as far as the velocity, but we're really looking at an outstanding change up. And I mentioned the change up because the Cubs have a couple of guys that have not handled off speed pitches very well. And I think is Swanson and Suzuki right up at the top of the order as far as the change up.
Speaker 9: Rick, speaking of the Cubs, how about the local kid last night? Peter crow Armstrong not only robbing Max Munsey of a two run home run, but he made some other spectacular catches.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he's done it in each of the two games. I mentioned last night that I was reminded of the late Tug McGraw and his comment about a teammates center fielder Gary Maddox that the Dodgers saw plenty of in postseason play against the Phillies back in the seventies, where Tug McGraw, after a couple of good players at Maddox Vegas, says, you know, in the postgame, he says, the earth is covered by two thirds water, Gary Madnox covers the other third. And that's just about what we saw from crow Armstrong last night. Very good jumps and boy can he fly. And obviously you almost wonder if he has Belcrow in the glove because he's made some outstanding catches.
Speaker 9: Rick, as you look at the Dodger bullpen as we get closer to the end of the season, they have been able to have baseball's best record or close to it for the better part of the season. Can find a way to get a guy that they can count on for the final three outs or can they live this way going into October?
Speaker 6: I think someone's going to have to raise their hand by getting some outs on the field at the end, you know they're another man short. An then he bonded, just decided to either move a wall or something else with a hand. He has a fractured pitching hand, so he's going to be out. Joe Kelly is going to be pitching now in Oklahoma City a couple of games while this Dodger ball club is on the road, so he may rejoin us very very soon. Someone's going to have to step forward in that closer spot. But in order to have the closer spot, David, you have to have the lead at the end of the game.
Speaker 9: Hey, great point, Rick, I'm not great at math, but even I know that by the way my big proclamations, you will see a new and improved Joe Kelly when he returns.
Speaker 6: Trust me on that look forward to it and they need it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 9: At least they got Gretorol back last night. That's a big help for reinforcement, the big Bazukah. Yes, sir, Hey, Rick, thanks a lot for the time. We'll check back in with you a little bit later.
Speaker 6: Oh can't wait.
Speaker 9: Oh there he goes Rick Monday. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV, thank you, Moe. Dodgers fans, start your future to California Community College. Financial aid's available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent is tied to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so en roll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll previ you this pitching matchup, but I'm next. No, Ma, don't go anywhere. Dodgers Cubs first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim kass Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Know this this Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunts game on your home.
Speaker 4: For LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Leading up to Dodgers and Cubs on this Wednesday night, Max Munksy Babble, aad night out at the Ravine. Dodgers will hit the road tomorrow trying to roach your back east on Friday in Atlanta. Bobby Miller Jordan Wicks. The pitching matchup tonight Dodger fans. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the best place to go for your care for your child, it's Children's Hospital LA. They're rank number one in all of California for pediatric care. Find the right doctors HLA or and now.
Speaker 4: What will likely be vess a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 9: This this high and tight in the shadow of Big Brad Nelson here at Dodgers Stadium and the one and only John Hartongue. We are joined by sports Net LA Zone, Nomar, Garcia Para, the awards, the accolades, the two time batting champions. We could go on and on, Nomar, but we have a limited time here. But always great to see you and your purple tie.
Speaker 12: You know, I love, I appreciate all the accolades you're mentioning, But you know, I think the biggest thing that I've accomplished is found a way to be friends with you.
Speaker 2: So I think that's definitely one of my bigger achievements.
Speaker 9: No, Mar, is it a coincidence I found you tucked in the corner of a dark room before we did this interview.
Speaker 4: Were you trying to find me? Or is that just where you were hanging out one?
Speaker 12: I was also doing some work preparing before we go on our shows, So Dave, you actually do know with John Hartung and myself, we actually do work prior to us going on TV. It's not something we just kind of wing at the top of our heads, although at times it feels like that.
Speaker 9: I think experience speaks for itself when it comes to you, Nomar. But obviously you have transformed yourself into a broadcaster, not a player.
Speaker 4: And I know you take a lot of pride in that one.
Speaker 12: I didn't take it for granted when I first started in thinking that one it was going to be easy.
Speaker 2: Just because you do interviews, thinks you're.
Speaker 12: Going to be able to do the broadcast. So I was always constantly learning. Obviously I've evolved. I've learned so much over the years and continue to learn and continue trying to be better. One thing you do learn early on is you have to put the work in and you still you know, it's not where you can just show up and put the mic in front or the cameras are on and then you can just go.
Speaker 2: You really have to put the work in.
Speaker 12: And there's a lot of colleagues that I do work, that I work with and you can see how much work they put in. I mean as we're sitting you know, John hart Toongue, I mean watching him thet the hours that he prepares ahead of time, and even when the game's going on, watching him prepare to make sure that the show goes well. He makes it just look so seamless. And so there's people like him and other people that I've worked with in the industry and just really seeing their preparation and why they're so great at what they do.
Speaker 9: Yeah, John Hartongue must be one of the most unselfish teammates you have played with in the broadcasting world.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's definitely a special one.
Speaker 4: I think people don't really know.
Speaker 12: I don't think people really know exactly how how good and how well he really he really is at what he does.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 9: Mar Garcia Para is our guest, all right, Omar This will be a tough question for you to answer because your heart is at the position of short stuf. There's a lot of debate now as we are getting down to the final seventeen games of the regular season.
Speaker 4: Who is the National League MVP.
Speaker 9: Will it be a dh that is going to be the first fifty to fifty player in baseball history? Or will it be Francisco Lindor who's playing shortstop for the surprising Mets. Where do you see this landing?
Speaker 12: Well, I mean, I know watching show he on a daily basis obviously and covering it, and you're right where I feel how I feel about shortstops. And we even heard Mochy Vets talk about how hard shortstop is.
Speaker 4: Right, you have an MVP caliber player.
Speaker 2: Talking about that.
Speaker 12: But at the same time, we've never seen I know, we haven't had a DHV and MVP, but we've also never seen any player DH or not do fifty to fifty And obviously, stealing basis is easier than it's ever been in the game. But aside from that show, Hey, Otani definitely has put on a show. No I mean pun intended, I guess, but he really has. And that's not to take away what the season Lindor is having.
Speaker 4: But also, you know, you look at I know, the.
Speaker 12: Dodgers, you look at their record, you look at all the talent they have and all the superstars, but also at the same time, they've dealt with a lot of injuries as well, and obviously with shohe has done and meant also is vital for them to get to the position there And so to me right now, that's kind of where I'm definitely leaning just because we've never seen it.
Speaker 9: Thanks a lot, Nomar. You do a great job with John Hartongue and the rest of the crew. I appreciate you taking the time out and you look great as always.
Speaker 12: Good thing as we like each other. What Jerry is questionable, but you know, but at least we do like each other.
Speaker 9: Jerry's in a different category of his own. Thanks a lot, Nomar, you bet a day.
Speaker 4: Thanks there. He is the best.
Speaker 9: Sees the game really well, and obviously I've had some first hand experiences seeing Nomar being able to teach the game. It would be great if more of the players now would tap into him. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 4: DV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love the Johnny hartungue shot out there, one of the good guys. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group Night at shakys dot Com. Lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Cubs from Dodger Stadium. Up next, we'll dive deeper into this pincham matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your Home for the Blue All season long.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Cubs on this Wednesday night, Max Munsey Bobblehead Night. First pitch coming up at seventeen.
Speaker 4: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the Pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchhoup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into reality and in all New twenty twenty four to Komba see your Toyota Dealer today. They make it easy. Hasn't been an easy for Jordan wakes A twenty five year old left hander, former first round pick in twenty twenty one out of Kansas State. He gets to start tonight just two and three with a four oh three ERA, making well just his ninth start this year. That's because he missed three months with an oblique injury. He made just two starts since coming off the il. Last time out five innings, three runs, five hits, four strikeouts, four walks and a loss to the Yankees. He made one start against the Dodgers back at Wrigley Field in April. He went four and two third innings, two runs, seven hits, seven strikeouts, and a loss. Bobby Miller on the mound two and fourth at seven to seven to nine ERA, twenty five year old right hander, first round pick in twenty twenty out of Louisville, making his twelve start this year. It's beenning up and down a year for Bobby Ice. Last time out, five innings, seven runs, five hits, three home runs, eight strikeouts and a loss to the Angels. He's facing the Cubs for the second time in his career. Well, the last start didn't go well back in April at Wrigley Field. He allowed five runs on four hits, struckout three and an inning and two thirds. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by a Speedy Cash official sponsor every LA weekend. Find out more at Speedycash dot Commerce. Stop in in LA Area Speedy Cash Store Dodgers cobs for fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Baseball, Dodgers and Cubs on this Wednesday night. Bobby Miller, Jordan Wickson, BITCHI matchup, first pitch coming up at seven ten Dodger fans and Hanserd listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It is Crystal Clear HD taking with you on the Go, powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot Org. All right, let's head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Tim Neverett, Rick Monday, Guys, Tam.
Speaker 5: Thanks again. Pretty nice night here at Dodgers Stadium. The temperature is much more comfortable than they had been over the weekend. Certainly, and it feels a little bit more fall like as we get ready for this final game of the three game set. Jordan Wicks will go for the Cubs. He has been back in the big leagues for a couple of starts since roster has expanded, had an oblique issue that kept him out from mid June to the first day of September. The left hander will pitch against the Dodgers, and it'll be Bobby Miller going for the Dodgers, looking for a little redemption. He has struggled lately.
Speaker 6: And for Miller, I mean, this is this is coming down to crunch time for Bobby Miller if he's going to make his statement. He comes in with an ERA is seven point seventy nine and off the injured list. He has been a disappointing season, making his twelve start, but is he going to pitch well enough and consistently enough to even be considered for postseason roster Although Dave Roberts made an interesting comment today. He says, hey, look, we're not guaranteed of postseason yet. We've got some territories still to cover.
Speaker 5: And the hunt for fifty to fifty for Sho Hao Tony continues begins the night. Forty six home runs, forty seven stolen bases. Dodgers Cubs Game three coming up, Tim, all.
Speaker 2: Right, first pitch is next. Dodgers going to play, knowing they need to keep winning their eighty six and fifty nine. The Padres and Diamondbacks are both four and a half games back into the division, five games back in the lost column. The Padres in action right now, no score in the second inning as they take on the Seattle Mariners up in the Pacific Northwest. But the Arizona Dinabacks have already won a fourteen to four win over the Texas Rangers, so they have picked up a half game so as we speak going in both the Snakes and the Padres only four and a half games back in the Western Division of the National League. All right, first pitch is next. I'll be back after the game with all the postgame festivities. Enjoy this one. I'm Tim Kates's beIN Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck. I'm a Los Angeles Dodgers audio. Know what