Speaker 1: Are you ready? Yes? You know. I saw a meme the other day that said something like, if you're the person that starts their speech with good morning everyone, that's not good enough. I said, good morning everyone, Good Mike, I instantly don't like you. And it's true. It's kind of like if you go like, you know, if you go to like I don't know, somewhere to like whatever. Let's say I'm doing a company meeting, yeah, and I'm like, hey, everybody, good morning, good morning all that's not god can't hear news. I think in concerts they kind of like we've gone to maybe jingle ball or something. It's like, hey, everybody, welcome to jingle ball. I can't hear you, and then people you know, oblige and get more excited.
Speaker 2: So, but imagine being on the receiving end of that of like not getting a response back like you are going to try harder. I understand in a meeting you kind of want to be like f off right, but like in a workout class, I feel so bad when the instructors are like, how's ever doing and nobody makes a sound. So I'm always like whoo, or I'm like I'm dying, you know, like I say something, Well, no.
Speaker 1: And that's great because some people are supportive and vivacious and outgoing and others we want to blend in and shut up. Here's an email from Patrick. Patrick says, you guys bring up tipping culture a lot, and I've always wondered if your penie would change if you live in an area with no tip wage, like Seattle, where I'm from. Well, I just learned today that Minnesota doesn't have a tip wage. In Minneapolis, minimum wage, adjusted for the cost of living is actually more than Seattle, So I guess that answers that question. Thanks for a continually great show, Patrick, I'll be frank with you, I don't know what you mean by no tip wage. Do you know what that means, Jenny.
Speaker 2: I think he's saying maybe that their hourly wage is like completely taken out because like in Wisconsin, you get paid like two dollars an hour as a server, Okay, so you basically don't get a check. I think that's changed in Minnesota over the years, and honestly, servers don't actually really want that because they just want to make the tips. And now I think that they might make minimum wage an hour, which is like I don't know how much in Minnesota. Now, I can't speak on that, but there are states that like you make two dollars an hour as a server, and then you only live off your tips and you don't get a paycheck basically.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then when people don't tip, you're really screwed. And that's why it's so important to tip. Next one, don't say a name. A funny sex story, not so much funny, but felt horrible and kind of killed the mood. The wife and I were doing the dirty. Everything was going good. They were as good as we thought it could be until apparently I got a little confident in my in and out motion came out a little bit too far. When I went back in for the inward motion, something went a little bit south and entered the well, you know, the rest buzzkill for us both.
Speaker 3: It went all the way in well, I think.
Speaker 1: Probably part way in, I don't know, would go all the way went into the difficult. Yeah, that's happened. That's not an uncommon occurrence. That's kind of happened a couple of times like that. Was like, oh, sorry, no, I don't do that.
Speaker 3: I just say wrong hole and then it stopped.
Speaker 1: Really just that blunt, wrong hole, yes, okay, because she had a donut on the bed and they went into the donut hole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I was excuse me, I was going to eat that.
Speaker 1: Get your dick out of the donut.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I'd still eat it.
Speaker 1: You would, would donuts?
Speaker 3: Get out of here with.
Speaker 1: That red Okay, I prompt. No, I'm not going to tell the story. I promised Susan I would not tell this.
Speaker 2: Okay, they don't tell, you know what, I won't if it was anyone else.
Speaker 1: Well, I will say that back when I was in my twenties, my girlfriend and I decided to use pancake syrup in the bedroom and was thrust it was gross. She like, well, she poured some on me and then she's like, you know this is kind of gross and I'm like, yeah, good, okay, let's go wash up.
Speaker 3: So we tried, yeah, you know, did you play pour some sugar on me?
Speaker 1: So it was no. Actually I think it was actually even before the song came out. That's how long ago that was. All Right, you have a good I got a topic I can ride in on. I am cyrus, I am a P one listener, first time writer, listening for eighteen years. I'm twenty three. Here we go, and they write in I was nineteen lived with my girlfriend now wife at her mom's house. My girlfriend, her younger sister, her mom's stepdad, and I at a house and two dogs. I'm not sure if it's a dog thing in general, but one of the dogs, Ralphie, had this weird human bodily fluids fixation where he would eat a whole hol e in their undies. It lay in left around and anyway, so it go, and I like your story, but I'm going to go ahead and cut to the end of the story here. Basically, the dog got a condom out of the trash can, because dogs will eat anything, from condoms to you name it. They'll eat anything. And so upstairs a few days later or the next day, the mother in the situation noticed something hanging out of the dogs butt. Oh No, reached over and guess what it is? A condom hanging out of his butt. Now they say, it's not a modest family by any means, and inappropriate conversations happened all the time, so they thought it was funny, but I was so embarrassed. It became an ongoing joke to make sure I dispose of my condoms in the clothes kitchen cabinet the rest of the time we lived there. We moved out, now got two kids. I've been snipped, but whenever we go over there, it's an ongoing joke that will continue to come up. So Cyrus, I will absolutely send you a staff writer sticker.
Speaker 3: My poor dog though, too. He imagine not going through your life at.
Speaker 2: Dessert ever, say I'm seriously, I know someone's dog who used to eat used condoms all the time and stuff. So they're having a great day. I mean their stomach might not feel great exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Gross.
Speaker 1: Here's one from Alexander says, was there not a Friday podcast? I was so sad I couldn't get my daily fix of Jenny and Bailey, the hottest bitches Minnesota has had since the Carter administration.
Speaker 3: You forget it.
Speaker 1: I love that people used my joke about the Carter administration of the Reagan administration like Bailey has not kissed a boy since the first George Bush administration.
Speaker 3: That's not true anymore.
Speaker 1: So I love that, well, that's true. Yeah, did you talk to the trip last night.
Speaker 4: I did talk to Trip last night. I'm talking to him right now. He wakes up early to listen to the show.
Speaker 1: Oh what's he saying right now?
Speaker 3: Nice? Right now? He told me I was okay.
Speaker 4: So he sent me a picture of Adore the Explorer Bowl and he said, this is obligatory because I'm into you.
Speaker 3: Did you know that you are Adorra.
Speaker 1: Bowl, Adorra ball.
Speaker 3: Or you're going with that?
Speaker 1: That is a sweet little Oh my god, is it the first stages of love?
Speaker 3: This is the best part, the only good part.
Speaker 1: When you're smitten, When you're smitten with somebody and you just kind of get butterflies whenever they send you a text, and when you see them you just want to kiss them. And yeah, I know, it's.
Speaker 3: Kind of it. That's the best part.
Speaker 4: And that's I'm excited for this part because once it goes away, it'll be just kind of shitty again.
Speaker 2: You know, it won't be shitty, but I will say that. I was thinking about this last time because Andrew was downstairs watching football. I went and crawled up next to him and got in the I crawled up next to her.
Speaker 1: Okay, you went and crawled up. I went and crawl Okay, I said, wedding crawled him like his wedding crawl something. Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 2: And so I was laying in his arms, sinking, like oh this is sweet and whatever. And then I was like remembering the moments where you weren't sure how close you could get to someone and like, you know, the touch was so electric and stuff, and instead I'm just laying there. He farts eye far it and like that's our relationship now, you know, Like it's so wild what a relationship becomes. I know, not everyone's like that, but what it becomes from like the beginning of this electricity and you're like not sure if you should touch them or not to, like I'm gonna just lay in your arm pit. You kind of smell today, honestly, you need a shower. Like that's what it turns into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, And I love that, you know that I mean? And I think that's where you really have to love someone to still want to touch them, you know what I mean. Like when you first meet, you want to touch and you want to do all the things, and I think that's great. That is the smitten part of the relationship. And then if it boils down to I still love to touch you, and that's becomes the norm. I think that's great. So all right, so anyway, the reason we did not have a Friday podcast is because we did boy band Friday. Yeah, and so there was no talking. Really, there was no talking. It was all boy bands. So I think we did a tiny little thing. Bailey and I said, there's no podcast today, thanks for checking, and.
Speaker 3: We did and I uploaded that. But yeah, it was because it was boy band Friday.
Speaker 4: Like the only talking we did was like for twenty seconds to introduce songs. So it wasn't like we were having any real conversations at all, like all day, so there wasn't really a point to have a podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So but they're back, I mean every day they're back anyway, love you, Jenny and Bailey. I get a new car, so I need a sticker And that is from Alexandra in Saint Michael, and then she quotes Ailey. How'd that sound? What does that mean? What was that reference?
Speaker 3: Oh that's Michael Jackson. How does that sound?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: How does that sound?
Speaker 1: I heard something on Instagram the other day. So when you think of the song don't stop till you get enough? He goes boom boom boo boom boom boom boom, and he's like, I gotta whoo. And then it's the strings going no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this violin lead.
Speaker 1: These very beautiful, lush strings. I saw an interview with Quincy Jones the other day and Michael Jackson called Quincy Jones and says, I don't like the violins. Can you take the violins out? And Quincy Jones says, no, they are they make it. They are what make it. And if you go listen to the song and maybe you get a minute too, I wonder if there's a way I could pull it up easily. Do you think there's a way I could pull it up easily? I'll bet I can.
Speaker 3: You might be so you just throw it on Yeah, I want to put it on the Q speaker. Okay, yeah, while you're doing that.
Speaker 4: I heard a song over the weekend at Trip's house Nancy Sinatra. There's sampling or Nelly samples Nancy Sinatra for Hot in Here. Did you know that I did not like because then it made me think of the like Doja cat paint the Town Red that has the sample in it that.
Speaker 1: Samples an old Dean wall yeah, and I was.
Speaker 4: Just like, oh, you got a record player. I choose this record because it's Nancy Sinatra and I like her hair. And then we were like listening to it and it was yeah, it's from Hot in Here. The dun doune done done at the beginning of Hot in Here is a Nancy Sinatra song. Wow.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that's now you.
Speaker 1: Know I'm looking for Okay, I found it. Okay, here we go. I'm gonna play a little bit. Remember it starts with the with the bass bum boom.
Speaker 2: And plays on there as you're doing it on your box bro.
Speaker 3: Yah see if it.
Speaker 1: Plays here, can you hear that? There's the violins? Hear that? Yeah, Oh, I see what you're saying. Yes, Steve, it shows up on the box pro it does a little bit. Yeah. But Michael Jackson one of the and so here's another one. I I love how songs are made because to me, it's so genius how they create a hit song. And that's when I hear like these little pop stars that you know, we love, like Sabrina Carpenter and all these other people that say, oh, I wrote my own song. When Ariana Grande says she wrote a song she didn't. She's got a team of writers that do all the heavy lifting, and they'll write a couple of lines or a little lick so they can get writer's credit and therefore tell their fans I wrote this song. Well, crafting a hit song is like it's a magic It's like doing brain surgery. There are only a few people in the world who are really good at Quincy Jones was one of them. So Quincy Jones, they're recording the song let Me Find It, hold On, give me a second, you get a second?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a second?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's called Rock with You. I gotta find it hold on and so at the beginning, So at the beginning of Rock with You, so the producer comes out and tells the drummer, who was later the drummer for Toto Fun Fact Wow. They said, hey, we need a drum lick that will instantly identify this song as this song for the rest of time? Can you do that? And the drummer looks up and goes, holy fuck, Yeah, sure, sure I can do that. So the drummer came up with this drum lick, which I'll play for you a couple of times. Here it comes. Can you hear that. Yeah, we tried this way. It might be a little bit better. Stop stop stop, Okay, I try to do it this way. No, anyway, I think I can hold on one second. I'm gonna try it.
Speaker 3: Watch it play on air.
Speaker 4: Probably no, nope, nope, nope, nope, you're playing it on air right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna do this. You might just cut off roses. Oh no, yeah, you can't put that into control.
Speaker 1: Oh no, are you serious? I cut off War the Roses.
Speaker 3: I don't know. You might have.
Speaker 2: I don't know what time it was supposed to end. It would have been very close. You might have got to the end of it.
Speaker 1: Well, one is looking at is like what the hell?
Speaker 3: Texting me right now?
Speaker 1: Like what's happening anyway, So there's a fun fact. Someone's going to be like, what now, what's going to happen? People going to text in and say, what the hell just happened on War of the Roses. So that's okay.
Speaker 2: I think we actually got almost right to the end, and then you started playing that. You always got to play it off the button bar. You could have thrown out on the button bar. You could have thrown it on one of.
Speaker 1: Them there now that makes sense. Not throw it into the regular no.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, because that is what plays live. I remember my first day, Dave doesn't ye, I'm.
Speaker 1: Watching text messages to see if people say, what the hell just happened with War of the Roses anyway, so not to lose the fact that that little drum lick was something that the drummer came up with in one take at the beginning of rock with you up Up up them. So, well, what else you want to talk about?
Speaker 3: Well, forgot any more?
Speaker 1: Do you fuck up at your job? What's the biggest fuck up you ever made it your job? Jenny? Anything thing?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 2: I mean the biggest grip I did here was probably when I let bullshit fly on the air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she didn't know that you could not say bullshit is on.
Speaker 4: The air the other day.
Speaker 3: Whoops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't say that on the air either.
Speaker 1: Not really.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, but we can say bitch, which seems it is weird.
Speaker 2: And you also can say ass and whole, but you can't say ass whole, so that gets it gets confusing.
Speaker 3: That's why I thought bullshit was loud. Yeah, Well, the.
Speaker 1: Word's got the word ship in it. Jenny yeah, yeah, and we all say yeah, we don't say shit on the air.
Speaker 3: I know we don't.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, but we also it is strange that you can say bitch you can't say.
Speaker 1: It is a little bit and I still think that word is a little bit dicey, like I'll be like, oh, you bitch, and people know that I'm joking, like Bailey, because you're a little bitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's Dave, You're a freaking bitch.
Speaker 1: It'd be like and I still kind of like cringe every time I hear myself say it because I always think of like, you know, little eight year old Jimmy yeah, or ten year old Samantha in the car and mom won't even let them say stupid, but here we are calling each other a bitch. So I remember one time I said fuck on the radio, and it was because I did something fallon, did something painful to me or something and it was funny bit or whatever, and I went fuck something like that and I didn't get in trouble, but I could have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you dump any of it?
Speaker 1: The boss just said, don't do that again.
Speaker 2: Because we can get fined a bunch of money.
Speaker 1: It used to there's definitely a fine. But I'll give you a little bit of a broadcast history. So, after the Janet Jackson nipplegate at Super Bowl in like two thousand and three or four, the Bush administration was pissed because everybody's writing in and saying, my kids were watching the super Bowl and here's a big old titty. And so the Bush administration really cracked down on saying f and shit and all that stuff, and so radio stations had to be very careful. And that is going to wrap it up on the Minnesota Goodbye