Speaker 3: Hunter Brown.
Speaker 1: You know, we talked about the possibilities for him all Star wise, Sean. Here was another thing that came to mind for me last night. I immediately started looking, and there's a good site you can go to. Spot Track is the name of the site where you can check on contract situations and how much control do the astros have over him? Well, he's got three more years of arbitration and he is currently making eight hundred and seven thousand dollars this.
Speaker 2: Season, most underpaid pitcher in baseball. Problem easily easily.
Speaker 1: I took it a step further that I know that sometimes we kind of feel like there's a slow playing when it comes to contracts here, and I feel like that this organization turned over a new leaf last year of saying kind of like what you guys talked about yesterday with Steve Sparks, thirteen years of club control over having a guy for one year because we're not lost on what Kyle Tucker's doing right now, but so but you.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't be surprised. Sure when the guy's on the field, he's been a producer bad right, you knew this was and this is you traded him because if he came back it was productive. It's gonna cost you four hundred million or three eighty or three fifty whatever it is, thirty five a million, of course, so you got it while the getting was good. He's raking he I mean, they're gonna love him there, quiet takes care of his business.
Speaker 3: I didn't expect anything more.
Speaker 2: Heck, I'm actually pleased with the three guys when you knew what Kyle Tucker was gonna do. I don't know if we knew west Nesky was this good. I don't know if we knew that Paradus. It feels like Paradis has been a leader on the team for a few of me just kind of fits right in.
Speaker 3: You're hitting him in a two hole.
Speaker 2: You can hit him in a two I mean, did dive if I'm not mistaken, he was hitting in the three or four hole?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly, that's right.
Speaker 2: And uh so I don't and then you obviously Cam Smith's a budding superstar. You can see just simple things like getting thrown upstairs at ninety eight and fighting it off and base hit the right field. I mean the guy in then a couple of homers. So yeah, I mean, I think both teams are winning with this trade. No shock, Kyle Tuck, you weren't going to him, but I got news for you. You're right, certain guys fall under the you might want to get out in front of this thing. He's becoming that guy. Not just a guy, he is that guy.
Speaker 1: And that's where I'm going is Dana Brown? I mean, just from his words and also just how the Kyle A excuse me, the Alex Brugman contract situation was handled. I think that more or less it was just looked at as hey, look, we're not going to bit against ourselves. We know that somebody is going to be a higher bitterer than us. We're just we've got to move on. We've got to be able to build up our team this way. But if you're Dana Brown, now, hey Scott, how you doing, buddy?
Speaker 3: It's Dana.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Hunter and Letty. Let's let's avoid these three years of arbitration. Let's get the guy paid right now, and let's get this thing locked up. And if you're Hunter Brown, you look at it, and he's what twenty five years old? You put us six years twenty five per in front of him right now. I think he takes it because one question is does Scott Boris take it? I mean, I get that, but I mean I think if you're Hunter Brown as opposed to making five six years plus.
Speaker 3: You said six years for a buck fifty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all going from eight hundred thousand to twenty five million years ago. Yeah, that's a hell of a pay race. But one thing you got to remember is who you're dealing with. Because if you go in right now and say six years for a buck fifty, do you know what Scott Boriss is gonna say. If that's your first offer, You're gonna have to raise that. You get I'm talking about if you're boss, because what listen, it ain't like he's he low balls anybody. You know, he's gonna he's gonna squeeze the turn up for every ounce, knowing what he's got as a frontline starter, knowing the premium placed on guys like Connor Brown at his age, being that dominant, you could actually hold the cards on this one and say twenty five is not enough. Now to you and me, it's like, come on, man, you get this. You you know, eliminate three years of arbitration, You got a six year deal, You get your stud locked up quite frankly, by the time he's thirty. It's a bargain price, man, even hell, it maybe the second he sidnes it right in this day and age. So I am with you, Oh, if you're I don't know what the price is going to be, If you're asking me, do you jump all over it? Absolutely, You've got to treat Hunter Brown as the Pitcher's version of Jordan Alvarez.
Speaker 3: That's what you have to do.
Speaker 2: And I think you're at that point because you know, it's one thing to keep losing people. You need what Jim mister Crane has with had with Verlander, that that's just the guy that this is. He's our guy, and he's you know, when he came here, We're going to pay him extra whatever it takes to keep him here for the most part until you know he's in his forties, right, and get that production and they did, you know, whether it's leave and come back, whether it's keeping here, sign another twenty five million dollars, whatever it is. And Hunter Brown's a younger version of that for the obvious reasons that we all have talked about. But yeah, I like the idea and I love where you're going with it. I just don't know what it's going to take. And I don't know if in Scott Boris's mind, if twenty five million year is fair.
Speaker 3: Now you and I are looking like, dude, you make eight hundred grand a year and you're the most underpaid pig. I don't know what schoobl makes. Do we know what he makes? Did he get a new contract? Not yet?
Speaker 2: Okay, so he's on line to get paid, right, But I'm just going through and thinking, Man, if if I'm if I'm if I'm Scott Boris, wouldn't you battle that a little bit?
Speaker 3: I would?
Speaker 2: And if you're Dana Brown, you don't want to let this continue on because you know what the truth is. If this keeps up by the end of the year, you won't be offered in twenty five million a year. You'll have to offer him more than that. Right, It's almost he can pay me now or pay me later. Will you want to jump out in front of it? I don't know if they think it's premature to get out. The one thing they do, they get after it, but they use the term we're not going to rush anything injuries contracts, and there might be a certain time when you might need to put a little rush order on it, right, pay the extra three dollars fee to get it here a little quicker.
Speaker 3: But I just don't know.
Speaker 2: The guy is so dominant right now, and every time he goes out there, he's added he's changed more money to his bank account.
Speaker 1: And that's where I was going with the turnover a new leaf. Because you didn't trade Kyle Tucker the last few years. You would have let it ride. You would have said, one more run with this guy and then we'll worry about it from there. But Dana Brown, I think, looked at this organization and said, we can't keep living this life.
Speaker 2: Guys, Well, eventually you lose a player, a player after a player after player. Core Wise, yeah, eventually you don't go from restock and you do have to rebuild m H. The way they're working it though, by camp Smith playing every day, Dezenzo getting his you're thinking, okay, there's a future there. Paradis is a good player, you know. Christian Walker, although in his thirties, hopefully has more game. You know, Payne is young. Al Tuove is not going anywhere. Jordan Alvarez, he's going to get it going. You look and say, okay, we don't have to. This isn't a rebuild. We're starting, I mean with the mix of youth and then the pitching staff. You know, if Whitley can continue this, man, what a blessing that is. You start to see wiz an Eski, You start to see the gustos, you start to see the way I mean Fromber's still young, obviously, Hunter Brown, you used to look around Arraghetty's young and the anticipation of mccullor's coming back. There's a lot of good to like with veterans and youth mix, and you do have to bridge that gap. That's why they suffered with you know when they lost these first round picks because of the sign stealing stuff set them back. But how quickly you can retool that part of it to be able to retool your roster and use it wisely, it's huge. So yeah, the mix is there, and the question is when do you decide the time. Now you have them under control, that's fine, so they really that urgency is not there. But the urgency to just secure it up so you can go focus on something else.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't be a bad idea. I mean, we see it all the time in the NFL. You lock up your franchise quarterback. This guy's a franchise pitcher. So the further you get into arbitration, the lesser of a chance you have to be able to have an agreeable number with this guy. So I think you get it done as soon as you can. Scooball by the way, has another year of arbitration, but he's making ten point one this year.
Speaker 2: Think about that now, and rightfully, the guy's worth far more than that. But I think and a premium is a lefty right, you're and he's underpaid.
Speaker 3: So now do the math.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you think the guy here is underpaid, You could almost triple that. Yeah, no question about it. So the Astros, the ball is in your court right now.
Speaker 1: I mean, the Hunter Brown is absolutely worth it, and he has proven that at this moment. All right, let's stick with the pitching because something that you mentioned in the first segment, Seawan, that reminded me of last year, and it's much better this time around. We'll talk about it here. Sean Salisbury Show