Speaker 1: Greene excise chations. Everyone at Church Wilson walking to Fantasy Baseball Live. Today is August second, the eve before the end of the trade deadline, and Timmy, we've got trades happening all over the place. We just have heard that the Rays are acquiring Freddie Peralte as we come on the air. We obviously had the big Trek Schooble move. It's been an exciting twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was sort of like install mode with not much happening, and all of a sudden things are happening and they're going to continue to happen for the next twenty four plus a couple hours. So yeah, I'm good. Good for the Rays acquiring ready for all that would be interesting to see what what's going back to the Mets and uh As it was no surprise. The Dodgers line is schoobl and a good call on the Hey, you nailed the two big parties. I don't know too much about the other kid, but we'll talk about it. Yeah, it was a good trade.
Speaker 1: The Mets are getting Aiden Smith, Emilian Petra and Gary gil Hill. So Gary gil Hill looked like he has had a chance to pitch mid rotation and it really has really struggled this season. Aide Smith came over as part of the Seattle Mariner trade a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Toolsy kid could.
Speaker 1: Be something there and a million pitchers got a good arm probably reliever. So that's that's typical of what you get with a really good player by Freddie Perrault. Of what the Dodger, what the Tigers got back for Trek Scoobel is insane, just what a great haul. But that looks like who Freddy Peralta is bringing back.
Speaker 2: That sounds reasonable to me.
Speaker 1: I mean it's there. There's no aidon Smith, there's no zire hope that Freddy Parolta can't command that for two months rental was there. Some bets and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Well, and let's face it has Freddie barral to earn much more than that with his with his performance this.
Speaker 1: Year, it's been terrible. I mean, yeah, my worst call for my draft targets was Freddy Parolta playing hard stop. I mean he's just been awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you know, the Braves have got not the braves or Raves have got some fixing to do. The their pitchers throw strikes, don't they as a rule.
Speaker 1: That is there. That's their thing, Tommy. They get guys to throw, some guys increase velocity. Some guys introduced his pitches. I say, guys, teams, the Rays are all about getting guys to throw strikes, and it doesn't take them along. I would not be at all surprised at Freddy Peralta and within two weeks is back to what he looked like in Milwaukee. Would not at all be surprised.
Speaker 2: We might be able to start calling six inning Freddy instead of four inning Freddy. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 1: When I sent out my little note to our Patreon members, I said, three to five inning Freddy just got moved so much. Sure what inning he's up to, but.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I haven't even read your notes. It's pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he was five inning Freddy, he's moved on the fourning Freddy on his way to three inning Freddy. I I mean, we'll see maybe. I mean, I've looked at the Baseball Savon stuff and has to do the breakdown for a Patreon members. I'll dig into a little deeper. I didn't see anything obvious in terms of what was different, so what's let me dig dig into that. But it could just be well, he needs a new he needs a new address.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I new address is not going to hurt him at all, definitely agree, Yeah.
Speaker 1: For sure, Timmy. So I've been writing my little fingers off to the bone. I encourage you. Now's the time to join the Patreon site because I write up each and every trade. Uh and I've written up I think six or seven already, probably twenty five different players breakdown, Baseball Savant breakdown of all the principal guys that get traded, and then usually a profile of all the minor league guys that get moved as well, and the Freddy PERALTA Trade's gonna be actually pretty easy because those are all three famous dudes that I've already got written up. So just a little bit of an update and kick that puppy out.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I was going to say, it's not like you've got to do a lot of digging. If you've already got them and have them included in the regular information, you can write a Patreon right, So yeah, that makes it a little easier for you.
Speaker 1: Usually we're our early because I'm going to a baseball game this afternoon with my family. You're seeing the Summrset Patriots against the Richmond's flying squirrels. To me, think they're flying, they might not just be regular squirrels.
Speaker 2: So how can you beat watching a flying squirrel? Yeah, you just can't beat it.
Speaker 1: It's great. So nine tickets. So it's the four people, my my sons, I plus the mother in law Laurie, myself, my daughter, her husband, and again two babies of the oven eleven. So nine tickets for one hundred and fifty two dollars. That's like that.
Speaker 2: That would be the two.
Speaker 1: Tickets at a major league baseball game, if if maybe if so, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And there's bound to be some sort of promotion where you're going to sit back and have a few chuckles and have some fun with it.
Speaker 1: And the great greatest bargain and the greatest bargain in baseball fourteen dollars six tickets to go see the Summrset Patriots or whatever minor league stadium is near you. They're they're not expensive and it's just this great entertainment.
Speaker 2: Well, you can't even you can't take nine people people to a show for that, can you? No?
Speaker 1: And I yeah, twelve rows from the field. I mean it's like you can see the guy sweat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're right there, you know at the theater. That'll barely get you two tubs of popcorn in the episoda.
Speaker 1: So I think the new movie that's out is it Odyssey? Is that the one the Homer poem that was done. Apparently that's the one getting all the everybody says you got to go see that. It's all that time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, apparently I saw there was no talking in it rich.
Speaker 1: So that's a funny time.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: But apparently that's the movie to go see. And it's only an eye mass and it's twenty five dollars a ticket to go to go see a two hour movie. I mean, wow, that's that's I need to get your tub of popcorn and your overpriced coke And you're spending fifty sixty bucks now to go to the movie theater.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well yeah, you can get a family of four n plus dogs at a minor league game and have just as much, if not more fun, Right.
Speaker 1: God, I hate barking the park day. That's that's what they always call it. Man, the dogs they're everywhere. It's unbelievable to me. So if I see that promotion going on, I use these just aside to stay home. I've had enough of dogs barking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that takes the dog days of summer to a whole new low, doesn't it for you?
Speaker 1: For sure? Timmy, Let's talk about some of these traits. Let's just run off that talk about the big one, and this is this was the worst kept secret in baseball. The Dodgers acquired Trek schoobl from the Tigers. Right handed pitcher River Ryan who's currently in the IL with a hamstring, pool Zayer Hope outfielder, and right handed pitcher Brady Smith who is in High A and I have him as a top forty starting pitcher potentially baseball. So it's a nice, little, nice haul by the Tigers. But what was your initial thought when you saw it? And we'll talk about some of the criticism on the internet, and just give give me your thinking when you first saw it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a win win. The only group that is going to lose from this deal, in my opinion, are the fantasy folks that happened to have Trek scooble rostered. And the reason I say that is because they didn't acquire Terry to Schooble for August, and they didn't acquire him for September. I think had he stayed in Detroit, he would have pitched every fifth day. He would have gone seven eight innings. Yeah, yeah, he had as a Dodger. They want Scooble, unless, of course, they signed him to an extension of sorts in the next two months.
Speaker 1: But so I I have a laugh track here to me.
Speaker 2: Let me look, yeah, you should have that.
Speaker 1: I need to have that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but unless something like that happens, are there are the Dodgers going to overwork Schooble in August and September when they're about ten minutes away from clinching the division. No, he's going to pitch a little bit less down the stretch than he would in a normal year, I believe because the Dodgers won him for October. Right.
Speaker 1: I think that's a great point.
Speaker 2: I think us fantasy folks that have Derek Scoobel could end up being a little disappointed by what they see in August in September. Other than that both teams win. Yeah, the Tigers. The Tigers got who in the in the real game of baseball, the Tiger's got a relatively young starting pitcher in River Ryan who can be a very good pitcher, a top prof span and then they got an outfielder who could be playing in that outfield for the next ten years on a two month rental. The Dodgers got their got their playoff pitcher. It's a win win.
Speaker 1: I think you bring up a really good point with Schooble going to the Dodgers. The only maybe counter argument to that is he did miss six weeks of or five to six weeks of time, so his arm at least for this year, should not be worn out. But I think that's a really really good point, one that I had not considered that he might pitch well in August, but could you know, miss a starter or two down the stretch.
Speaker 2: Well. Yeah, and even though he doesn't have the Miley joh on his arm per se this year, they don't want to put the Miley john until October, so you know what I mean, that's where they want to see. That's what this trade is all about. It's a third World Series.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think if you've got rookie Sosaki's actually been pretty good this season, you got Rableski, who's been fantastic. Those are the guys that are really going to get hurt from a fantasy standpoint, because I think you're going to see it. They're going to see them move to the bullpen.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's a possibility. But at the same point in time, you're also gonna see Yamamodo probably skipping a starter too. You're gonna be shean. So I come September, I think I might want to have the Robeleskis of the world on my roster.
Speaker 1: He gets moved to the bullpen and then he's not stretched out anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, see, that's why I don't know if that'll occur. If they'll move into the bullpen right away, they might start two weeks from now. They might start shuffling these guys in and out of the rotation and you'll see, uh, fake hamstring strains and you'll see sore backs and yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, I just I just think that there might be opportunities for some of the five, six seven type starters in September. So I don't interest. I don't know what the Dodgers are going to do, and we'll see that defined fairly soon. But until a firm commitment is made to push these guys into the pen, I'd start to be stashing them because, let's face it, in the last week, two weeks of the season, we've been struggling for pitching all year long. It's not going to get better the last week of the season. We're gonna see some you know, we do every year, we see some real oddities and some guys getting called up. Yeah, yeah, yeah, the same thing will happen this year, guarantee.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think the guys that are getting called off for the Dodgers will be Tyler Glasnow, Blake Snow and that'll them basically coming back from injury, and they're the ones that I think you're going to see if they're healthy, are going to be the guys that are pitching every fifth day, So which is kind of right because you want them to get in for the playoffs as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it's it's a it's an interesting and a good situation for the Dodgers to be in having that flexibility. They're up by a slow of games, nobody's going to catch them in their division, so it allows him the flexibility to manage that pitching in a fashion the best preparers for the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Let me talk to you about these minor league kids. River Ryan. You know, I've been all in a River Ryan for a while. A lot of people don't remember in twenty twenty four when he had his four game debut with the with the Dodgers. He was up with the big club, a one thirteen earra throwing ninety nine miles an hour with a great secondary pitches, particularly his change up. This is really good. And then he blew out his elbow and we lost him for a year plus. And he's finally back this year and he's got not a great era of four forty six earra, but it's striking out ten per nine. He's walking under two per nine. He's got a bad babbit against him. That's why you know that he's had a few more run scored against the plus it's the PC. Since he's got healthy timmy and gets stretched out again. I think we see him in a couple three weeks, and I know he's in your wave where I thought it was really smart for you to include him, to say, hey, beat the rush for River Ryan. He's the guy that's coming up. And I'm I'm all I've been all in for River Ryan. He is twenty seven and he's just been heard a lot. Former infielder that got converted to a picture kind of allah Jacob de Gram. That's that's who he reminds me a lot of. I doubt he has the career of Jacob de Gram, but that highly athletic guy with really good stuff. So that's River Ryan.
Speaker 2: Anything that, No, I think we're going to see River Ryan as soon as he's healthy. And I think he's dealing with a hamstring issue if I'm not mistaken, So yeah, as soon as he's healthy. Uh, that's why I'm recommending by by now, well he's you know, hey, I'm sure everybody's going to be taking that approach anyways. But stating the obvious, Yeah, by now he's hey, the week he gets called up, you're going to pay a small fortune for him.
Speaker 1: So people ask me how how I knew it was ZAYR. Hope and River Ryan. Did somebody tell me that the answer was no, they didn't. It was I. First of all, I thought the scuba going to the Dodgers was even money. That's where he was seen to be going, and the Dodgers could out spend everybody on him and River Ryan based on his stuff is basically because he hasn't pitched all that long, it's a fairly fresh arm. That's why I set him over Emmitt Shean. So that's my logic for doing River Ryan, and then my logic for doing Zayr Hope. And I'll just write you what I wrote yesterday morning before the trade, and this is because he's going to come out on my notes on tomorrow for patron members. And so here's what I wrote. I'm writing this Saturday morning, eight one. Zaire Hope is still a Dodger and still on an absolute tear. Over the past six days, he's launched seven home runs while hitting three ninety one, a stretch that's impossible for cross checkers in front office evaluators to ignore. He's might pick to be moved for Trek Scougle and recency bias is real scouts who haven't seen him much are now watching him dominate as their as they file their report. Timing is often nine tenths of the wall. So I mean, look, they had a bunch of people to choose from. Zyre Hope is the guy that's got the most fantasy upside, and of all of the Josh de Paula, et cetera. Serota. He's got the highest upside, but it's also the highest risk because we don't know if he's going to hit. But that's the guy that you know if you're swinging for the fences, that's who you bring in. Do you see say coming up this season.
Speaker 2: I think there's a possibility you might see in the last couple of weeks of the season, just for cup of coffee. But I don't They've assigned him to Yerie, Okay. I don't think there's no reason for them to be in a big hurry this year. The service time counts. Take it, you know what I mean. Like I said, other than a cup of coffee, I don't see him. But when it comes to next spring and our re draft leagues, my thoughts there right now are he should be drafted at the actual draft. I think he'd be up early next year, very early. I think you're gonna want a roster Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's going to spend much time in year. He's been in Double A all season. I think he finishes in Triple A. And I'm totally with you. I think it's totally possible that he sees a cup of coffee here nuts, so he can still be rookie eligible going into next season. It gives the Tigers two months to get Max Clark totally in Meshton major League Baseball. Doesn't look like he's need a whole lot.
Speaker 2: No, after two games, isn't he already emactioned?
Speaker 1: It could be. I mean, it's it's pretty impressive what he's done. We're going to talk about him a little later, but you know, it's he's The upside is huge here. The fantasy upside is huge here is provided he hits. There is some concern about how much he hits, and I think that's the only thing that that we're worried about. But the tools are definitely there.
Speaker 2: What do you think as far as Brady Smith is, if possible we see him in twenty seven again, assuming there's using uh is twenty seven and mid twenty seven reasonable target for Smith? Or think?
Speaker 1: So? I think he's I think there's I think he's a little a little bit further out than that. He just started in High A. It's big stuff and his control is improving. I think he's I've got him in twenty twenty eight Dash twenty nine guy, But it's a fastball that's up to ninety seven. It's big stuff.
Speaker 2: And yeah, you tell.
Speaker 1: If you tell me he's better long term than River Ryan, it would not shock me. It's that kind of upside.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, and all of a sudden, yeah, you know, you take you take a look at the Tigers, and you got River Ryan, and you've got Brady Smith, okay, and then you know you've got Melton.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a good rotation of River Ryan, Melton, Jackson job coming back job, and and Framer Valdez can't be this bad, right, I mean, he's.
Speaker 2: Gonna it's good when his last one one of the streak, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I mean that's I mean, yeah, they're going to miss trek' scoogle, but that's not horrible. That's that's a that's a rotation you go to war with and any start to take a look at their offense gets probably at the end of twenty twenty seven, assuming there's a full season or most of the season, you got Max Clark and center, you got Riley Green, then left and you've got Zay your Hope sitting and right, you've got up the middle, you've got you've got mcdonagall, uh and yeah, Glabor Torres and then at first it's either Torqua, center Hasway, the Hosway Brasino coming up who might play catcher, And that's starting to look like a pretty good, young, controllable team. That's becomes really exciting for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dylan Danler behind the blade, Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's yeah, there's uh, there's enough offense there, yeah, and very solid offense. Mcgonagal's just been yeah, there's your Ale Rookie of the Year as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 1: The other thing, with one of the reasons, I thought they would pick Zaire Hope like Mike Mike Saroda is another another great Los Angeles Dodger outfielder, and so is Hosway to Palla, but they're more like mcgonaghill and Max Clark hit first guys that have some power the basis well, well, actually mcconaga really doesn't run the base as well. But I mean those are really really high floor players. Zire Hope is the is the Byron Buckston Connor Griffin kind of upside, the huge upside, and I think you take a swing when you've got a lot of these really high floor guys on your team already. So that's another reason I thought, say your hope would be the guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think it's a great trade. I do have to chuckle over when I see some of the comments on Twitter, I really do tell me more. Well, a lot of them are in the direction of, well, Dodgers got all the money, they can do this. This isn't about money. What this is about is the Dodgers being able to develop a good farm system and move it at the right time. Anybody can afford Terry's Google for two months. If you can't afford teris even the Rockies, the Pirates. You know, you're looking at what at most a third of his salary from this year. It's not about money. When they if they resign him to a long term deal, then it's about money. But this trade is about the Dodgers developing a farm system that they can shop for the parts that they need to put them over the top. And every one of the thirty teams in Major League Baseball can develop a farm system in theory. Okay, So when I hear it's all about the money, yeah, yeah, yea, yeah, that to me is just crap. Sorry, but that's all right.
Speaker 1: I wrote it up. I can encourage everybody to go read my notes of what I wrote up about the Dodgers. But yeah, the thing that I found the most compelling, Sarah Hope was not signed by the Dodgers. He was signed by the Cups. River Ryan was not signed by the Dodgers. He was also traded for. So not only not only did did they pull off this trade selling some excess capacity they have, they were smart enough to bring these players in. That's just that's just good management, Tim, and that's all it is. I absolutely agree with you. Yeah, the show, Hey Tommy and some of the other big free agent signs, that is about money, but this is about really good baseball management.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know every time down the road that I see, well, the Dodgers gave up on you were Dan Elbraz Yeah yeah, yeah, I'm gonna say, well, yeah, but they also got during Scooble, uh for two prospects that weren't in their system. You win some, you lose them, but you got to have them to be able to be able to win. And that's what the Dodgers did here. They're they're they acquired the right players. They developed these players, and now they have moved them for what they need to attempt to get a third World Series. But this is not about money. This is about the Dodgers' ability to acquire the talent. And for everyone that they lose, they're gaining some back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and double down to this. If people are looking for one hundred percent that the Dodgers make no mistakes, that's that's unfair. That's that's too much to ask of any entity. I mean, so, yeah, so they blew it on your ant Alvarez. Jake Galoff is a number first round draftic. He's not going to make it. I mean, they they have swing and missus all the time, but for the most part, most of the times they swing, they make connections. I also wrote and talk to some people in this aspect of it, that the Dodgers are worried that there's going to be some changes in the collective bargaining Agreement, where let's face it, tempty the other twenty nine teams don't like what the Dodgers are doing. They're they're building a juggernaut and they're probably going to look to make rules to guard against that. And if you're the Dodgers, you got to take advantage of being the first team in the National League to ever three peet and do you know? This is what it's all about winning. So how do you how do you criticize him for doing They're playing within the rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're playing within the rules. And you know what, there are twenty nine other teams out there that can invest a little bit more in their scouting department, their analytics and they have the exact same opportunities as the Dodgers to acquire talent. Maybe what they have to do is look at them, pull out a mirror, look in the mirror and say why are the Dodgers doing this? And maybe improve on that aspect of their club and get to that stage. You know what I mean. It's hey, how do you fault the Dodgers for the fact that they ended up with You're hope in the trade in your river ride? Yeah, you can't fault the Dodgers for that. You can't fault them for anything in them. Hey, what they pay for people coming out of the draft is exactly the same as the Colorado Rockies. It's you know what I mean, It's that's right.
Speaker 1: It's in fact, they have doors drafted after the Colorado Rockies. All those players were available that they got this road is they were all available for the Rockies to get.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I have no sympathy for team for the other for the twenty nine team owners out there, the ones that are whining, I have no sympathy, no compassion whatsoever. Do your job. Spend some money on your analytics, Okay, and you're your analysis folks, you know, and why can't you do the same thing as the Dodgers. You can just do it. Quit whining about the fact that the Dodgers have all this talent. Well, hey, how'd they get this talent by doing something you're not spending a little bit of money on your front office people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that is what they're doing. I mean they've got they've done better scouts, they have better analytics, you know, they have better models. But yet the Rays have done very similar stuff. The Milwaukee Brewers have done some or like the Angels or Angels are an hour down the road and like they're they're well everything they do is seems to go the opposite. And think, I'm almost only lucky with Mike Trout and that's what they've been living off for the last fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, yeah, and they they did well with shoey Otani.
Speaker 1: That's fair, that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but again for the most part, yeah, they're fifteen years behind the Dodgers when it comes to their their scouting and s and that's something that they can address and only they can address. My you, so, team owners whining about this particular set of circumstances. No sympathy here, new confession whatsoever. Keep whining because that's all it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, so that that's our take on the Dodgers. And look, if the Dodgers make it to the World Series, I will be rooting for the team playing them. So I mean, yeah, I look, I want to see the Dodgers get defeated because you're you're defeating the best and people don't. But go take a look and talk to television executives. They will tell you they love the Dodgers because, first of all, it's a huge market. Lots of people are tuned into Los Angeles, but everybody also wants to knock off the Dodgers, and it presents compelling television, compelling sporting events. You know, Canada, Canada whatever, you know, the can the Blue Jays, you know, the the ragtag Blue Jays defeat the Dodgers, and they came, they came within a couple of outs or beating the Dodgers, and that makes compelling television and compelling sport, and that's I think that's what these guys are looking for as well. So it's not always all bad to have the New York Yankees of the twenty twenties.
Speaker 2: No, and yeah, that's a fair column. Yeah, very fair. Everybody hates the winners. Everybody's pretty underdog as a rule. Yeah, that's less right unless you reside in that community and you know.
Speaker 1: You resigning that community, you're thrilled, and you resigne outside the community. You want to see them get beaten. That's what makes it fun. I think that's what it's all about.
Speaker 2: Right, And advertisers like that, don't they because people watch it.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right to me. That's take a break, and we've got lots of other stuff to talk about. Two or three antheonys. There's so much here. I'm going to get to your waiver wire as well. But the White Sox acquir Lewis Castillo from the Mariners and pay his entire twenty twenty seventh salary the rest of twenty twenty six, and if he pitches one hundred innings in twenty twenty seven, which probably won't happen because of the lockout, he his his he vests his twenty twenty eight option. In return, the Mariners received this this Bleweyway relievers. Sir Anthony, I actually laughed out. I saw that, Sir Anthony, to mean guests, I do not, Yeah, don't field Nolan Jones really and double a catcher Boston. So this is a decent, small kind of minor prospects, some guy to keep an eye on. But Timmy, this one's really interesting because we knew that the Mariners were going to move some pitching, and you and I both thought, and I think the whole world thought, they need positional bats back, and Nolan Jones is at least having a pretty good season and and triple A. They didn't get any any any bats back here.
Speaker 2: No, it's a very if you just look at Yeah, there's a reason to sort of a truckle. Yeah, they didn't get any bats back. They moved and created spot for Kate Anderson. Yay, you know, no.
Speaker 1: No, they moved and they got to move somebody else because now Bryce Bryce Miller's got a roll, so they're back to now five and say six. But I think I think callery dump. It's a salary. That's the only thing that I concluded. I mean, what else is there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, Is Nolan Jones ready to step in and improve upon what they already have? No, I don't think so. Maybe you think differently, But.
Speaker 1: He's having he's having a nice bounce back and trip away. But you cannot count on Nolan Jones. Is not the meciety here. If you're counting on Nolan Jones to be your massides and maybe he comes up and can do what he did was a twenty twenty four to twenty three with the Rockies, Okay, But I mean that you that's how you lose a job. By counted all that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I was gonna say, yeah, no, that's yeah. By. On the other hand, the White Sox very sneakily got themselves a picture that's going to improve their club and then it cost them And it didn't cost them anything, really did it.
Speaker 1: No? That cost them money. They caught money. But I mean I looked at Lois, what's that?
Speaker 2: Oh, go ahead?
Speaker 1: I looked at Lewis Castille's stuff and on on Baseball Slavant and his slider is the thing that's that was always his killer pitch, that was his outpitch. It has not been very good this season. The velocity is still fine. Uh So if the Whites, I mean, every team that trades with somebody, there's there's a coach somewhere that's going. I can fix that. That's just that's that's what I do, right, I can fix that. So maybe there's something they've seen in Castile's delivery that they can can get him throwing the slider right again. I mean, the Mariners are really good at this, so I don't know, but to me, look, he becomes the best picture on that staff. I mean, it's a staff you know that they've been getting by with Anthony k and and all these other guys that are number three four starters, and at least they got somebody that's got a pedigree.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, the pedigree. But the White Socks have done a pretty good job with Davis Martin, Sean Burke and Anthony Kay, haven't they absolutely?
Speaker 1: Tim But you go the playoffs and that's what you're gonna throw out there.
Speaker 2: But I mean what's to say that they can't They can't. They can't work with Louis Castillo.
Speaker 1: Now, I mean that's a fine point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's you know, Hey, who had Sean burkepeg for what he's doing, or Davis Martin or Anthony K.
Speaker 1: Well you had Anthony K. You had Anthony K.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Well that's only because I drafted all the guys that came over. I had hit on one of them.
Speaker 1: You would think, finally an admission there, Wow, scattered scatter approach shots sometimes work.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I've still got the marks on the barn door where I was, where I was trucking it.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: So you know what they gotta do is they gotta sign moa comie to an extension. He loves Chicago, he was being there. He's only on a two year deal. What they have to do and quickly? While Mirakami is enamored with Chicago, he loves it there. Yeah yeah, yeah, throw three three to five years at him for one hundred plus mill and get him inked long term.
Speaker 1: Winter hits. Before the winter hits, he realizes, wait a minute, it's cold here.
Speaker 2: He'll be back in Japan enjoying their summer.
Speaker 1: Two questions for you, Uh, Nolan Jones did not make your waiver wire? Is that because you just it's Nolan Jones. I'm that interested. Nolan Jones is not going to get promoted or or what was the thinking there?
Speaker 2: Did you even consider them all of the above? Okay, Yeah, I just don't think he's going to get called up right away.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I question the overall skill set. Uh. I'm not saying there's there's nothing to work work with. There there is, and he's having a much better year. But I just don't see them. Yeah, I could be wrong. I just don't see them looking at Nolan Jones as an answer that's much better than what they have, if even the equal to what they already have. So who knows. Maybe maybe the Mariner is a moving another picture and get that every day back. But I I he's not a player I'm targeting right away, you know, And Sir Anthony dimingus well not passed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my take and and all of these write ups I'm doing. I'm also having my AI assist to give his take as well. And I think he's the AI system simply mimicking mine. I'm not seeing a lot of original thinking there, but that's okay. So but anyway, my thought was, look, the White Sox improve themselves. Not a great deal, but they improve themselves. They showed the fans that they're in it to try to win, which I think is always a good thing. And they did not screw up the long term plan of Nold Schultz and some other guys that Hagen Smith has not been very good, but some of the guys that they think they're going to count on from a pitching long term. Nor did they do something like trade Brandon Montgomery or something like that.
Speaker 2: Ye stid Yeah. Money, yeah, and there's melon tickets like crazy for New Yorkamy. Their attendance has to be up, right, So they got some more money they can play with, right Yep.
Speaker 1: I think with Seattle, I I think George Kirby or one of these guys is going to get moved. That's going to free it up for Kate Anderson and that's going to bring in the big bat if.
Speaker 2: Not, I think I think.
Speaker 1: It's malpractice with the with the Seattle Mariners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's dumping salary is what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's just the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no exactly, Yeah, it's just fringing up cash for oh Winter in Mexico for the owner. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, Julio Rodriguez is still still young, but I mean Mike Trout was young at one point. I mean, these these guys do start to get older, Timmy, and you got to strike when the iron is hot, when your team is good, and you got these great pitching, it's all there. Clearly, Sir Luis Castillo was at Salar dumb because didn'tet anything back. But I I'm not sure the White Sox were the appropriate organization to try to get a young major league player back. So I think they're they're going to move a big guy and let's see if it it unlaunches, unlocks something from what the return is going to be.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you look at Randy or Rosarina. He's going on thirty two, Josh Naylor is in his year, thirty, cal Reley is thirty. Uh, you know, they got some kids, and you know in Emerson and young, but they've got yeah, the core core of their team is all. They're pretty We're closing in on them pretty quick, and that doesn't include Rodriguez. So their window is, Yeah, two years from now, we'll be saying the same thing we said about Laddie two years ago. What are the J's gonna do? You know, are they gonna sign them yet? Yeah? Yeah, it's it will come to a head where if they don't make the right deals and mariners, they could be in trouble a couple of years. Oh you know, even they're pitching like Logan Gilbert Okay, yeah, he's twenty nine going on thirty. Okay, Brian, Brian who twenty seven? But Miller is twenty eight. Kirby is gonna be He's in his twenty ninth year now. So they've only got a couple of years and things will change very very quickly if they don't do something about it.
Speaker 1: They have to. It was the same, It's the same exact logic and thought process of why the Tigers had to trade Trek Scoubel. You have to do it. I mean, there's and if you're going to make a run and it's all sitting there there, they can catch the tie, they can catch the Rangers, but they're not going to do it with the offense they they have. I mean, isn't Kyle Riley still out?
Speaker 2: I think he's back.
Speaker 1: He's not doing much then.
Speaker 2: No, he's in the dumper right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they need some help. There's a lot of other trades. I'm just going to focus on one because you put him in your waiver wire. And this was a kind of a kind of interesting trade. The Pirates acquired Carmela de Val from the from the Yankees exchange for a couple of a double a catcher and Omar Alfonso, an eighteen year old outfit or Lewis Cruz who I kind of like Lewis Cruz there. But why is Novelle on your waiver wire? Oh he's been terrible?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah he has. Did you read what I wrote about him?
Speaker 1: And the weaver were timmy? I I did not get a chance. Let me read it now, let me see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might want to give it to read.
Speaker 1: The Pirates are all into the deadline and the best they can do was the fourth best reliever of the Yankees bullpen. Not ideal, but Duval has a hundred saved one hundred and nine games in his career, thirty six more than Greg Risotto and Mason Montgomery combined. That experience matter so interesting. Look, I would developed.
Speaker 2: My original My original assessment didn't didn't include that experience. Matters. Basically, what I was saying is Pittsburgh's all in and that's the best he could do, and that's not good enough. He's going to get some saves in all probability, and that's why I have him in there. But am I chasing community developed No, not at all.
Speaker 1: I used a chance to be better Tim. He was pretty good when he was with San Francis Go and yeah, yeah, I mean, we'll see. I mean I I think the Yankees got rid him because they were just tired of him and he was no good and they saved a little bit of money in the process. And Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: He was a fourth bullpen arm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, why not move him and just say, hey, we've got we can bring up somebody from Triple A those one hundred miles an hour and probably be at the same spot as to Vow, I'm just wondering if getting out of New York and uh, And again, the Pirates are really good at developing pictures. Maybe they see something. Again, there's I'm sure there's a coach in a corner somewhere going I can get I can get that slider back to being uh, because again that was his calling car. But it's you know, and it's still generating fifty percent with rate. But the Yankees decided to rely on his sinker, and the sinker was effective, but he wasn't the same pictures and maybe they go back to the pitch MIxS he used in San Francisco, So there could be some tweaks along the way. That's why I thought when you put him as you're as a guy to grab, I thought there was some I thought there was that was actually pretty good.
Speaker 2: I think he's I think he could be the best of the three guys there, but I'm not paying for him and taking that chance now. With what I've seen over the past several years, his saves have been in steady free fall for the past three years, as e or as up there. What annoyed me the most about this is the pirates all in at the deadline and that's the best they could do. We're both been upgrade, Like, come on, really, let's think.
Speaker 1: It's still twenty eight hours something like that. Let's let's let's give him. Let's givehim twenty eight hours so and then we can then we can bust on them.
Speaker 2: Oh I just busted right out of the gate. Sorry, I don't know. It just disappointed me, you know, Like I said, with the arms that are available, I think the pirates could have done much better. I think what they have now is a committee of three instead of a committee of two. But hey, I could be wrong and Devell could take the world by storm and anchor that bullpen like he did three four years ago. I just I just found it disappointing.
Speaker 1: Let's let's talk Freddy peralta real quick.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just going to give you.
Speaker 1: My thoughts there. I will write it up for our Patreon members. Seeing a guy with an ERA of four ninety nine not good, expected earray of three eighty two much better. And that's pretty much where expected ERA last year was three forty three, three thirty five. So that's the kind of picture he's been and the data is saying that he has a chance to be back of that. He's never been a control artist, and the controls pretty much are in line with what they've been. I'm looking at the data, Timmy, and it's showing that he has really come off throwing his sinker and it looks like the the Mets wanted him to throw his four seamer more so again as and it looks like, see what else is Yeah, his forcing more than he is a sinker. So I'm wondering if they get him back to throwing a sinker, and maybe that makes a difference. But there is something that has changed that calls you know, something that's that's been different. And everything's getting hit hard, particularly his curveball, which has never been the case. This stuff was always played very well. So his location's not there. I think it's set up for him to have a bounce back, and I think it's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. I think psychologically getting out of New York, I'm sure somewhere wherever he is right now, he's going, ah, finally, you know what I mean. I I I just think from a mental aspect, leaving, leaving the Mets and going to a team in this first place in the division, I think that's going to be a positive. Without any of the mechanical you know, without any of the mechanics and everything else that goes into being a good pitcher. I think I think we'll see improvement just with him escaping New York.
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 2: I could be wrong, but.
Speaker 1: I think so They've got to get him off throwing that four stinger man, it's the four singers. Gave up sixteen her runs last year, seven her runs this season. It's just not a very good pitch, and they got to get him throwing that. They're going to get him throwing that syncher more. That would be something that he might want you to consider.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure they will. I'm sure they will.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're they're good at this, so yeah, exactly, and you know they're going to get him to throw more strikes. So that's just that's just what they do. Is that going to be next start? Probably not, but I think look, his his agent's going Freddy, You've got everything set up for you. If you have a great last two months, no one's going to remember the first four months. You're going to be able to go out and command a huge salary. So it's all there for him and if he if he flops it, he flubs it, but it's all sitting there for him to be able to take advantage of it.
Speaker 2: It's a much better opportunity in Tampa Bay over the two months final two months of the season than it would be in New York with the Mets.
Speaker 1: Timmy, let's take a break and come back and check some of the scores and see what's going on, and then we'll do your waiver wire. Let's see, I was watching a real game youre talking, and they've hit a rain delay. So the Saint Louis Cardinals are up one to nothing. Would you think of Quinn Matthews start yesterday?
Speaker 2: It was solid? Yeah, I was fine with it. Yeah, I liked. I like what I saw. The big thing there will be whether or not Dustin May is a Cardinal come Monday after four balk or six o'club, whatever the time is. Yeah, there's an opportunity for him to fit into that rotation. I believe his next game would be against the Rockies. I'm not sure if home we're away, but uh, I was. I was impressed. It was okay. Yeah, I mean it wasn't if you know, it wasn't like he was setting the world run. But it was steady and good for him. I think should there be an opening and then the Cards haven't said anything yet, but I think they're waiting to see what happens in deadline. I think he'll be in the rotation balance of the season. I'd be I'd be looking at going out and getting him tonight that's what I'd be doing.
Speaker 1: Max Shuars are with a good start five and it's pitch three hits and run five strikeouts of one walk. Is that enough for him to a team to go Yeah, we'll take a flyer on, mister sheers Er.
Speaker 2: Well, see, I I look at the standings, okay, and the Jays are what three four games out of a Wildcards? But they've been playing much better.
Speaker 1: Wait I told us uninspired baseball two days ago.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, no, it was a week ago that I looked at the schedule and they got thirty five of their final games are against teams that they've got to chase down to get into the wild Cards. What if the Jays just help and and found a way to make it into the With what's going on right now, they're gonna pass Detroit no probability, So maybe the Jays they might not be buyers, but maybe they'll just hold pat and see if they can chase everybody down over the last two months. And they can't be totally ruled out. So yeah, I don't know if they're gonna I don't know if they're gonna move Max or Springer or Ghostlan. They might just hold on to that team and try and make up ground and maybe they can, maybe they can't. Are they going to get that much for what they have to put out there? I don't think so. So that'd be interesting. You see how it shakes down Jay's old pat That's interesting.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's I mean, it's a good thought process of when I had not considered I'm looking at the the uh uh uh, the Guardians up to nothing on the Diamondbacks, Patrick Bailey with the home run. One of the deals they did we didn't talk about was Blake, uh, Blake Perkins going to the Guardians, And I thought, out loud, does this mean maybe Stephen Kwan is on his way out of Cleveland because Blake's Blake Blake Perkins is kind of a Steven a poor man. Stephen kwant on bass guy really can defender no power, a little bit of speed. It's like Stephen Kuan, and Stephen Kuan has been like red hot over the last few weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When I read the trade, the first thing that caught my mind is Milwaukee only had to give up a case of Yoho to get Bowe Naylor.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I tried to create jokes on you who and all that kind of stuff. Yeah, I've been writing too much over the last few days, but I got the joke. Yeah, so I thought the acquisition of bon Naylor is actually interesting. I mean it's because what I wrote to our Patreon members. I mean, remember the Milwaukee Brewers move guys the year before they're ready for free agents free agency, and that's William Contrera's next season. He'll be a free agent at the end of the twenty twenty seventh season. Don't be surprised if William Contrere's gets moved in the off season and they go with Jefferson Quarra and they're gonna be looking for some backups. And I think it was a nice little move. Let's see what Let's see if Boon Naylor can help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Gary saying, you know that's.
Speaker 1: He's forty years old. He's the old guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Gary pass Baal Sanchez.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, let's see what else we got going on here? The oh, the here's a score seven to one. The Reds are up. Its Sea's doing damage for the Reds. Your buddy, uh oh, Spencer Stewart with another home run up to twenty four.
Speaker 2: Amazing season.
Speaker 1: Now, look at that Hayes with a home run. Keep Brian Hayes hit he wan.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you got Mitch Keller he went all of two innings along seven ened runs. Chase Burns a one hitter, three straight coats. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when do we start to get worried about about Paul Skeins Uh?
Speaker 2: I have him nowhere, so I'm not worried at all.
Speaker 1: But it's here. An up is just below four.
Speaker 2: Yeah. On an interesting graph. Okay, looking at basically by start and looking at velocity, and his velocity has come down steadily since that first month that he showed up. Mmm. I think it was first inning velocity or something. It has come down on a fairly gradual basis. I I I'm not sure what to think there. I you get the you got the memories of how things were up until this year. But the reality of this year is he hasn't pitched well and the velocity is down. I'm gonna have to look at that very closely in the off season. I'm not ready to formulate an opinion now, but there are warning there are warning signs that maybe maybe there are some issues, serious ones.
Speaker 1: The first picture off the board is.
Speaker 2: For me, Yeah, I'm a moto.
Speaker 1: For me, it's Jacob Miserowski.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See my my concern with Miserowski is.
Speaker 1: Throwing Ye for sure, his arm's gonna fall off. Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, E is a game at one hundred and three miles an hour. Okay, no, no, no, no, I don't you know. No, I will not have Miserowski.
Speaker 1: Totally get it, I totally get it. But he is the best pitcher in baseball right now. I mean that that guy is. He's doing stuff that's never We always talk about how Tony Misowski is doing stuff that people didn't think was possible. Guy throwing that hard, I mean it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The guy that I want over Miski is Chase Burns.
Speaker 1: Okay, Chase Burns very good. He's uh, he's actually winning the game at the moment. He has been really good. Is Garrett Cole another? Can I start too? Is out in three forty seven year a starting to look more and more like the Garrett Cole of old.
Speaker 2: Yes he is, and you're not paying a premium for him next year?
Speaker 1: You don't think so?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. I think you'll be drafted as number two.
Speaker 1: Who was stock that's pitching for the Mets. Who is Stock thirty six year okay, sack or something.
Speaker 2: Rubber Stack? Yeah, I don't know. I his nickname is Crunch.
Speaker 1: As supposed to Crutch. Okay, well.
Speaker 2: Well yeah no, yeah, five inning, three hit ball for a stray Coats. I you got. Yeah. I am going to take a very quick look to see how many teams Robert Stock has the name the day rings the ball of the bell. He's making his first start since twenty twenty one, exactly he was, Yeah, he was out of the Padres system. Pitch really well in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think either one of my kids were married in twenty eighteen. A lot that's happening since twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, since twenty twenty one. He pitched two and two thirds innings and for Boston in twenty twenty five. That's it.
Speaker 1: So my questions still stand. Who was Robert Stock? So?
Speaker 2: Wow? I have no idea. I have no idea idea whatsoever. But he's stage incrib'll come back from TuS syndrome nerve condition back in March, pitching for Team Israel. What year is this is? Twenty twenty six? I have no idea yeah.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. These rando rando starts, and I know he'll be picked up all over the way for where nobody knows who he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, let's go, yeah exactly eighty four point five. I have no idea. I have no idea what his view is.
Speaker 1: Let's see. I'm sure he's a Tim McLoud special, So he has to be a soft tosster because Tim like sas soft tosters tof tossers.
Speaker 2: Okay, but he's alrighty, I have wim like soft left.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see Santi al Contra, Robert Stock, Oh, mister McLeod's see for sam Or ninety six point three touching ninety eight? Is uh the sinker sweeper? Change up?
Speaker 2: It doesn't.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Only he throws hard for one, So I've never seen a pitch. Well, it's very it hasn't caught my eye.
Speaker 2: It's very rare that you get a thirty six year old picture that's still minors eligible in dynasty leagues, and he is.
Speaker 1: He's almost thirty seven. Yeah yeah, yeah, Wow, that's amazing. What's that? Wow? That is crazy. I mean, let's move, let's move to your waiver wire. Uh. First, of all. I mean, your little note to me was the teams didn't cooperate, therefore you didn't have a lot of it took that to meeting and have a lot of obvious names, so you had to dig a little bit of Is that how I should understand it?
Speaker 2: Well, some of them were straightforward and obvious and some of them, Yeah, I had to do some dig and I had to do some research. I was hoping we'd see some some moves that might fold into waiver wire activity. Uh. I think we have more moves generated by potential call ups and the call up of Max Clark than we have as a result of the trade situation.
Speaker 1: M Thus far, I think we're just getting started. I agree with you, and it's it's a bumber that the trade deadline is on Monday, because I think you're gonna see that's where you gonna see opportunities, particularly in the closer side. They're gonna all they're all gonna pop up late tonight and tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Well, let's face it, the Mets are moving everybody, and up until an hour ago, they hadn't moved anybody. Yeah, yeah, they're that whole bullpen is going to get gutted. Or at least it probably should. But again, what what happens with that, we can only speculate. They might get some relief arms back that they can plug in, and who knows. It's how you how you make how do you make a call as to what's going to happen to the Mets bullpen.
Speaker 1: I know it's funny. I bought these tickets for this game today back in March, and I was not thinking about the trade deadline. The hindsight, I should have picked a different game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're gonna go. You're gonna have fun with the family and we'll scoot through this real quick so we can get you out here.
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna be I'm gonna be worried about all the trades that are being made. I know, I know me, Tim, I I.
Speaker 2: Have have cell phone, will travel.
Speaker 1: Exactly. It was funny because, uh, last night, it was about midnight when the with the the the Cherk Scooble trade, when I was just finishing up a write up, I think of the Lewis case steel trade, like, I'm really tired. I'll write this in the morning. And what did I do, Timmy? I I wrote the article in my head for the next thirty minutes. Then I couldn't get to sleep, so I should have just gotten well, wrote the damn thing.
Speaker 2: Well, I remember, going back a few years now, this might be quite a few years. Were listening to you tell me a story about how you were at a wedding. Okay, and you spend a lot of time Yeah, yeah, you spend a lot of time in the bathroom, cheat and checking on your phone. I suggest you would be to tell Laurie that your stomach's a little bit, a little bit funky and it's a little bit of wax. Set this thing up. So when you get to the ballpark, you have to go to the bathroom on a regular basis, okay, and then you can check your phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my son had the nerve to get married in late September. Yeah, I know, and it was I mean, I was competing for a fantasy title, and I'm like, I had to check the scores.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, yeah, you loved him before you loved him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a huge check the damn wedding.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: All right, Timmy, we got up up front, we got Kate Anderson. I think there's gonna be enough move another move, time's right, If somehow I sitting on a free agent pool. He shouldn't be this guy. If he doesn't start a game this coming week, there should be an investigation.
Speaker 2: Totally agreed, Totally.
Speaker 1: Hopefully he will perform like he has all season. I mean, it is the major leagues, but it's pretty mature Arsenal guy. It's got good control, good pitch ability. He's he's one of the more now ready pitchers we've seen in a while coming up for the minor leagues.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, And everything he's done this year has been basically perfect, hasn't Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean he's been been the best picture of the minor leagues and it's not been close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, I was close in the first month with Seth Hernandez and then Seth Hernandez stumbled a little bit in High A, and now he's a bit hurt, and now it's Kate Anderson's just he's just been a monster. It's it's not the bottom line. I think I saw Key Wall had him as his number one prospect, which is a little a little over the top, but there's definitely an argument for that. Let's go to the second game flash from the past. Luis Capensano yeah, I think we'd be.
Speaker 2: You know, he's been a disappointment, there's no doubt about it. But lately he's showing some signs of life. Past week he's gone seven for fifteen, three RBIs, two catch er formats. I'd spend a buck on. Can I know if I was struggling to find the catcher this week?
Speaker 1: Max Clark, tell me what your impressions are so far?
Speaker 2: I don't care how much blinking he wears. Okay, he can hit, and in his first two games nine at bats, two singles, two doubles, a home run. He hasn't run yet, but that will come.
Speaker 1: He's a seventy runners. That's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, Apparently the rumors he can hit her true. If you have if you have anything left in your fab, if you have the most fab and you have six hundred and eighteen dollars, uh, spend one dollar more than what the next person has and you get this guy. Oh was that?
Speaker 1: Look? I never gave up hope. As you know, I've been a Max Clark apologist. I even wrote that you might see him take the next level once he gets to the major leagues because he just never had that draft drop mic season that almost every young player has where it's just like, well, kind of like Joshua Bias where you're just screaming like why isn't he up? You never had that year with Max Clark. It's like, oh, yeah, he's pretty good. But the everything about the underlying stats that it was all there. He's always been really really young. I don't think he's ever going to be a you know, a first round draft pick, but he's one of those guys that's just going to be fifteen to twenty home runs, twenty stolen base and the guy can hit and just it's going to be a year in and year out. That's the player.
Speaker 2: He's going to be in a dynasty league. He's the type of player that can anchor your team for a long time.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. I mean, sure you'd wish him to, You wish he was kind on a Griffin, but he's not. It just isn't It's just the way it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that's apples and apples sort of, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, you got to take the player for who they are, and I think high floors there's a lot of value there. I think people people discount that because they're all looking for the thirty five home run guy or the forty stolen base guy. And give me the guy that hits fifteen to twenty home runs and steals fifteen to twenty bases and I'll just take that every day of the week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in my league, the drafts that has our fab on on Saturday nights, rich the team that's in fifth at a pile of money. They spent two hundred and forty two to acquire Max Clark last night. You're going to have to spend. Sky's a limit on this guy. Spend if you've got the most fabs, spend a dollar more than you have to. But get the guy roster. Know, if you have the opportunity, don't pass on it.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, he's tatted up, he's blinged up, and but you know, yeah, that's just that's just the guy he is. I mean, who cares, That's that's who he is. Brian de la Cruz, outfielder with the Philadelphia Phillies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the the Phillies have been shuffling the outfield decks since the old Garcias season ended. You know, they've they've gone with various different options, and so far they really haven't found anything, but Dela Cruz he's going to start earning more playing time, you know, since getting called up about a week week now. He ate for a team of the home run three RBIs if you're looking for a cheap dark toss in the outfield. If he continues to hit, he's going to continue to get opportunities. So maybe de la Cruz Bruce to be the answer. Would I bet big money? No, But so far he's doing what it takes to be hanging out in that outfield, So why not?
Speaker 1: Were you a Chris Farley fan?
Speaker 2: Not overly?
Speaker 1: No? Uh. He had this bit that he did when he was on Saturday Night Live where he would like when he would meet a famous person. They did it with Paul McCartney. He would go, remember that time you were in a stadium with all those fans screaming your name and blah blah blah, and Paul McCartney goes yeah, he goes, well, that was awesome. That was one of his bits. I feel like when looking at Britton Doyle was the same thing. It's like, remember the year when he had twenty three months So that was awesome and it's been terrible since.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you know, personal tragedy, in juries. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but he's back off the il Ah. I would spend a couple of months if I have an Oakfield hoole, just to see what happens over the next couple of months. He's going to get an opportuny. Need to play with the opportunity. Yeah, who knows. I if you got a hole in the outfield, I would look at Brenton Doyle. Would I spend a lot to do it? No?
Speaker 1: Spender Jones on another home run, I think it was yesterday, So he's got power, tim question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the past four games he had three home runs and added a stolen base for good measure. He's hot and when hot, that skill set brings plenty of goodness to the table. Hey, he's gonna play. He's the guy that you're going to spend money on if you want him this weekend when you had three three home runs in four days. Yeah, with his skill set, Yeah, you're gonna spend some money. But he might he might stay off in space for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'll break your heart. That's just what I think. But he has long term.
Speaker 2: I'm long term long term. I agree redraft leagues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the speed and power that's for sure to me to take a final break, come back and let's finish up your list. Mister Quinn Matthews. We've already talked of Matthews with one tea by the way, everyone, so just if you're searching for him, it's one t In Matthews. Uh you what your you talked about Dustin May getting moved. That would make a lot of sense to me, given the injury history of Dustin May. I'd get whatever I could from him and bring up Quinn Matthews. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, bingo, that's that's where I'm at. Time to see what the kids got and the Cards have gone into a bit of a swoon. They're not scoring any runs. Their offense is really in the tank right now. It's just too bad the Cards didn't have anybody down on the farm that might be able to help them out. Hint, friggain and get bias up. Come on Cards, do they do the right thing? But anything? Getting back to Quinn Matthews, Yeah, I think he's going to be in that rotation right right down the stretch, So I would spend a little bit of money on Quinn Matthews.
Speaker 1: H Andrew Painter is the next guy. A lot of expectations did not meet it this season. He came up for a spot start to put some of the way for our.
Speaker 2: Why because you pitch well. He pitched really well. Early on, he gave up a two run shot to Alonso, but after that his spots starred. He was hitting. His spots went six innings, three hits or walks, two were and runs six strikeouts. I put one in a row. Isn't a streak, but there might be the starter one. I just think there's I still believe in Andrew paint Painter. Maybe I'm an apologist whatever, but I just think that we haven't seen anywhere near the best of Andrew Painter. And would I spend a bundle for him tonight. No, but I would spend something I wouldn't let somebody else I woul wouldn't know if somebody else take advantage of the opportunity and get a freebee.
Speaker 1: As an apologist for many players, Tommy, I can assure you it as a lonely spot to be. But if you believe, you believe, and that's the important part. I think. I think it's a good person to be an apologist for.
Speaker 2: So Okay, thank you very much. I appreciate that I've.
Speaker 1: Got Cooper Pratt in a couple of leagues and I'm playing them over the labor touruses of the world to see. He's been fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just keeps on a rule and in the past week, uh, he's driven them five runs, swiped a couple of bases. He's a bat of three thirty three. He's now up to ten steals in his first one hundred and fourteen MLB at that's I own. It's a three eighty two OBP. Why is the only roster in forty four percent of the league's I'm not gonna I don't think.
Speaker 1: The power has come up yet. So I think that might be maybe people are moved over to football.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Yeah, I don't know. He's been fantastic for up Ron Cooper Brad and I'm not going to mention him anymore of this year, but he is one player that I would really like to have in redraft leagues next year as my middle infield type player.
Speaker 1: Two home runs, ten solen bases, and eighteen percent strikeout right, a thirty percent walk rate. It's three forty four Babbitt, which is an awful I mean, that's that's what you wanted of a rookie. I mean, it's just showing good contact skills and he's running. He's got a little bit more speed, a little bit more power that will eventually come out. He's never going to be a power hitter, but it's a good baseball player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so, and I think I think the Brewers are very happy to have him in the everyday lineup.
Speaker 1: Yep, A little bit like Max Clark. So let's gonna be a you're gonna you're gonna sit down maybe in thirty seven games and see a very similar production line for Max Clark. Would be my guess. Last guy, my guy River Ryan weird to see a Detroit Tiger emblem next to him, but that's what we got.
Speaker 2: That's what we got. And my thoughts would be get him Roger down my why wait, he is going to be in the Tiger's rotation as soon as he gets through the hamstring issue, So make the move now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it'll be I don't know when he's coming back from the hamstring with a couple of starts in triple A and then he's out. Ye uh your closer report. You got three guys Camillos and it's this is the thing that's really gonna change. And we'll probably do a podcast on Tuesday or Wednesday, depends on how comotos I am on Tuesday after after staying up all night. I probably it's probably going to be a long night, that would be my guess. I mean, because it's we've had probably got a third of the trains. It's usually two thirds coming, a third, a third and a third. That's the way it does the last three days, so we got we got a lot coming still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm I'm up for Tuesday. And if you're going to be up late, I'm definitely willing to make it instead of six thirty in the morning seven if that helps.
Speaker 1: That's why you're just all heart my friend. Close the report. We got Camille dival. I I might throw a buck down on him. I I don't know something, it's a gut feeling. I have the stuff. It still throws really really hard do it.
Speaker 2: He could end up with fifteen saves over the next few months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's say so, And I makeson Montgomery sex pretty good but crazy, so I he answer Anthony Deming is there on my I don't even want to talk about them less. I don't like these guys.
Speaker 2: Jordan Romano is ranked higher by Rich Wilson in the same group.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've been burned by those guys. It's Kevin all over again. I mean, those guys leave a mark where you spend a fortune on fab and then they come and they punch a six arra and they lose their job in a week and a half, and I'm just done.
Speaker 2: I get it. I get it. One of the guys that I was never a bully, Sean is is not the next guy, but the guy he replaced. I was never a big Faulsea wolf man.
Speaker 1: No, I remember that when it was with Seattle, right, Yeah, you know you lost the gig.
Speaker 2: And last night he sealed his fate, totally allowed five and runs without getting it out. So definitely low leverage for Faulsea Wold. He's out of the East, totally out of the mix.
Speaker 1: And Bradon Garcia's attend that the guy that Tim's got down for who was going to take over the.
Speaker 2: Role, well, you know, it's a committee. We covered it on Friday and I gave my full rationale on Friday, and I'm sticking to it. He's the only lefty in the bullpen, and Tory Levello said he's going to mix and match, so he's going to get lots of opportunities. And guess what, He's gotten two saves in his first two opportunities to pitch since see what was removed they from the from the gigs, So you know, being the only lefty, even if it's a committee, I still think Garcia is going to get plenty of opportunities for saves in Arizona. Now again, that could change once we see Justin Martinez back and he's heading over in a rehab assignment, but temporarily, of all the guys there, I think I like Garcia the best of Merlo probably number two or the was Aga, the Wisago him too.
Speaker 1: That was going, yeah, Martinez is coming back from Tommy John surgery. But Garcia throws really really hard tim so we looked at that just tying seven point three and a nasty, nasty sweeper. So it's classic kind of closer profile there.
Speaker 2: Uh, and the last left ed hitters aren't going to like him at all. Now.
Speaker 1: Eric Miller with San Francisco Giants, who do you like if they're both in the wave where Eric Miller or Braiden Garcia.
Speaker 2: Eric Miller and it's not it's not I like Garcia better, But with what Lavello has said and the mix and the committee and Justin Martinez returning, I think Eric. I think Braiden Garcia has a much higher ceiling but also higher risk because of all the various variables involved. Eric Miller I only has to worry about a whole like of a lot. He's now got back to back saves. He's had a consistently good year. The upside. No, But if I was looking at playing the safe and cheaper bad, I'd stay away from Arizona and go with San Francisco. I think you can get Miller for half the money. You'll get an Arizona closer like Garcia, and you might end up seeing better results two months from now. Okay, So I'd go with Miller over Garcia. He'd be my number one closer option. This week.
Speaker 1: I've got some teams that are really hurting from a closer standpoint, so I might be partaking in some of those. I gotta do something, Timmy. I have no closer. I mean, I'm literally starting eight seven or eight starters every week and then some middle relievers. It's it's tough in a couple of those leagues lost everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the guy I target would be Miller. I think he's the safest, the safest of the three.
Speaker 1: I'll give it a I'll give it the old college try. And to me, that is a wrap, my friend. It is three twenty. I need to do the post propection here and I got to get get off to the game. The weather looks like it's going to hold I think tomorrow it's I think the I think no one is ark are going to be out tomorrow. So apparently it's supposed to be really rough for tomorrow. But today I think that the rain is going to hold off. I'm looking forward to that. And I just checked and there's no more trades. The thing at the top of the list, and I use MLB trade rumers. If people they're always looking, that's a great, uh, I think, a great source to do a really good job at tracking all the trades. So that's that is what I use.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think it's a good option. To me.
Speaker 1: We will talk again on tomorrow. We'll figure out if we can do Tuesday or Wednesday, and we'll try to get together and talk about all the trades that have that have happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a AM is my final offer.
Speaker 1: By the way, am.
Speaker 2: I know you, Laurie the family, have a wonderful day at the ballpark, have fun and enjoy time with the family. And to all our listeners, let's let's hope that the trade deadline works out well for each and every one of us. Uh. We'll catch you early in the week for an update. Thanks Rachel.