Speaker 1: Of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of idiotology. We'd let your taco one on one one w jr R, but your freaking idiots.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's see a couple of things to remember. Our cash giveaways Rock the Bank. Those will be starting shortly. Those keywords go out around five past the hour each hour starting at nine oh five. You can play this contest every hour if you so desire, and we would encourage you to do that. Get the keywords, enter them at WJR dot com, and someone's randomly picked to win one thousand bucks in Rock the Bank.
Speaker 3: Why not be you? Exactly?
Speaker 2: All right, So that's coming up. I'm still time to vote for you, say. We played if you want to get in on that this morning.
Speaker 3: Three songs from Van Halen for you to vote on. The one with the most is played back at nine jr. Facebook page to vote and a little motivator for you initiative. Somebody who votes is going to the Hallo Halloween Eros with wage War, all right and a bunch of other bands.
Speaker 2: Actually, yes, let me just ask you this because it seems to me like I think you're just setting yourself up for scrutiny with this move. We go to New Jersey and this was last Friday, where we're still actually in September. Okay, Yeah, you go to the airport in New Jersey and you're getting ready to head to the Virgin Islands, and you're gonna try to board the plane with a bunch of wrapped Christmas presents.
Speaker 3: Oh you mean it's not gonna raise red flags? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you think if you're working for TSA, you're gonna go that seems awfully weird bunch of Christmas presents? It's September.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, hey, I need to scan those. But I get it. Maybe you're going to visit your relatives and you're bringing the Christmas gifts. Okay, plausible, plausible. Won't see your daughter who moved there like my wife did. And clearly you can't mail anything to the Virgin Islands. Well you know the package is why mail it? If I'm going anyway?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's got to be drugs. Twenty five pounds a pot? Come on, all they had? They just set the dog over, did a little sniff sniff and yeah, now of course the woman, the the the young woman, the twenty three year old from Jersey named Sestra Burgess, after getting arrested, claims, well, someone just gave these to me to take. I didn't know what was in them. Yep, you were the old goat that is getting the free trip to the Virgin Island, stay there a couple days and then come back. We've all seen locked up abroad.
Speaker 2: That and I almost got away with it. All that stuff clearly addresses this. And then I've been also watching the Border Patrol show too lately. They are able to sniff out some attempts to you know, get contraband across too, which I find quite intriguing.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised that that show's even on anymore. Oh, it should be Border Uncontrol.
Speaker 2: Just they just it's just a twenty four hour loop of Border Patrol agents throwing their hand is up in the air and disgust. Yeah, all right, I just I just wanted to see if that would have maybe brought up a might want to look a little into that headline of the week late entry to try to contend with the one we had earlier this week.
Speaker 3: Uh, before you get to the headline of the week, somebody texted in for the Dolphin Adult beat box sound effect. Please, Pat, what the dolphin you did it the other week? Yeah? And if you recall I said, and caught me off guard there speaking of the borders. It sounded like a Mexi. Okay, okay, So headline of the week I found the old one. Do you want me to read that one first?
Speaker 2: You kind of try to spit it back at me earlier when we were discussing in idiotology, and I don't. I'm not quite sure you have the full context of it.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is what I had. There was an attorney that was saying, attorney for a teenager that killed his mom or her mom, sorry, even though she had horse therapy she.
Speaker 2: Did the attorney was trying to blame horse therapy on the team killing her mom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we all know I mean horse therapy. We learned that day that horse therapy is really good for like autistic children and other people. This one, it obviously didn't work with her. This was just a wild little girl. It was the just the way the actual headline was written.
Speaker 2: It was just it was bizarrow. How about try this one on for size, grab.
Speaker 3: My pen to write it down.
Speaker 2: Well, there's not going to be another one, so I mean this, it's either this one or the other one here. You don't need to scribble these down.
Speaker 3: I like to do headline of the month every now and then if I remember, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Man smoked crack tried to sexually assault stroke patient at hospital, then ran away naked.
Speaker 3: Wow, wow, that's just man.
Speaker 2: Smoked crack tried to sexually assault stroke patient at hospital, then ran away naked.
Speaker 3: This in Atlanta, twenty four year old accused of this stroke patient ran away naked. Yeah wow, that is Atlanta. Police said he was high in smoking drugs and trying something new when he walked into a forty seven year old woman's room, got naked and attempted to sexually assault her before she woke up and found him on top of her. She was luckily able to push him away before that went any further. He was nude at the time, and then he fled the hospital high on crack naked. See that's where I have a problem with this one because of what he did is so disgusting. But overall that headline wins. Well, yeah, you have.
Speaker 2: To remove emotion from the decision to the headline of the week, right, it's they are what they are and we hate that phrase, but really it is what it is.
Speaker 3: I have man, smoke crack, assaulted a stroke patient, ran away, naked, tried to sexually assault stroke patient, tried crack, tried there. Then if it's a headline a month, I'll have it right. Don't smoke crack. That's that. This is where you don't know where the road's leading from there? Uh uh, well we do nowhere? Good?
Speaker 2: No, no, this is actually a sad story. But I know some of you are going to laugh. I guess this could be a headline of the week contender too.
Speaker 3: The son of a gun.
Speaker 2: I just now realized it because I know you're going to say that too, and some listeners probably will as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, what is it?
Speaker 2: Black bear found it dead on Tennessee Highway next to pancakes.
Speaker 3: He was just he had gotten in a picnic basket, grab some pancakes and he got hit by a car and his way home with him. Dumb black bear. You don't eat pancakes in the middle of the road. No, he was crossing the road with the pancakes and somebody didn't see him because he's black. You know, like the the headlights you see last minute and go Oh my god, I just hit a bear. And then you get out and say, did I anywhere in there? Say it happened at night? I just figured, because oh yeah, he wouldn't have gotten pancakes out of a pick a neck basket at night. Although he who pickannicks.
Speaker 2: At night breakfast is breakfast for dinner is perfectly acceptable.
Speaker 3: See time to time probably went like the Denny's dumpster you know, dumpster diving got some cakes, didn't even get to bring them back for the bear cubs. So give us that headline.
Speaker 2: Black bear found dead on Tennessee Highway next to pan cakes.
Speaker 3: Round head on a highway? Anybody like dolphins sounds hold on next to pancakes. Yeah, the guy smoking the crack is gonna win for a headline of the week, not for being whatever, but man, that black bear with pancakes is better than the horse girl from earlier.
Speaker 2: Mercifully, idiotology has come to a close for the week.
Speaker 1: Are