Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you exclaimed that, okay, bro, it's why so we'll talk about Pope Leo the fourteenth in a few minutes. They had actually a I don't want to say it was a fun it was. It was a lighthearted news conference this morning from Rome with the American cardinals that are there. So you had the guy from Chicago, the guy from DC, the guy from New York, the guy from New Jersey, all talking about their buddy who's now been elevated to Pope.
Speaker 1: It's such a weighted assignment. It's such a weighted role, and when you bring America into it, it brings a sense of levity with you know, his brother talking about how he was a white Sox fan and however said he was a Cubs fan is crazy. And the fact that he watched Conclave in the hours so he knew how to act, and the fact that he plays wordle like it's all there's some American levity thrust onto this very serious role.
Speaker 3: And I'm not saying that he's less serious.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying we're bringing to it, America is bringing to this some degree of levity and not the fifteen hundred's.
Speaker 2: Type of weight, right, not the severity with which exactly good question. And it's funny because we do paint it red, white and blue. That's what That's what we've done for the last two hundred and fifty years, and we will continue to do because we think we're great.
Speaker 4: And that's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are a couple big things that are going on before we get to that. Number One, radar screens at Newark Airport in New Jersey went black again today. Air traffic controllers could be hurt telling.
Speaker 3: You cut it all down.
Speaker 2: It could be hurt telling a fed Ex plane that their screens went dark and then ask the fed xplane to tell their company to put pressure on the government to get this problem fixed. There's another one, another air traffic control tape. You can hear the controller telling a private jet that's coming in from Cyprus that they just had a brief radar outage to stay above three thousand feet in case they can't get in touch during the descent. This, thankfully, I guess, happened at about four in the morning. New Jersey time. So that's one saving grace is this wasn't the drive time in terms of the airport's traffic, but there was a ground stop that was issued originally by the FAA this morning as they've had just an absolute mess of things that have gone on from the construction, from air traffic controllers that have walked off the job. They've had weather issues with a severe fog in and around Newark. So the airport itself, even if everything was running smoothly, would have had some delays and cancelations.
Speaker 4: So we'll keep an eye on that.
Speaker 1: The President loves Rolls Royce, but not so much Barbie. The President giving Rolls Royce a tariff break the annalyses are you saying at tariff's on Aston Martin Range Rover and Rolls Royce from over twenty seven percent down to ten percent? Saying that, well, Rolls Royce isn't going to be built in the US. I wouldn't even ask them to do that. But yet he's keeping the tariffs high on Mattel, which produces the Barbie dolls in China with no plans to move to the US as well.
Speaker 2: Uh, weird stuff going on, saying yeah, it's weird going on with the tariffs, because this weekend we know that the Treasury Secretary, Scott Bessant and a couple of other high level American authorities are supposed to be meeting with Chinese officials in Geneva to talk about tariffs. The President said this morning on Truth Social he'd be okay if they went down to eighty percent from one hundred and forty five. So there's a lot of part of what's part of what comes with this president that is hard for a lot of people to figure out, is what the hell are you doing? And he may have a plan in his head, it's locked in his head. We get little drips and drabs of it when he posts things on truth Social.
Speaker 3: We will get into it.
Speaker 1: But we do have a major inn ounouncement coming up today on the program.
Speaker 4: It's going to be a big one.
Speaker 3: We don't have any music for it.
Speaker 2: I mean, we could do that, but I figured, oh, give me the melmur We got some computer issues in here with there. It is boom ready, Yeah, it's gonna I'm ready to play this thing and he's going to go there.
Speaker 3: It is, Oh, I want a different music.
Speaker 4: Oh what kind of music do you something, you.
Speaker 3: Know, something more to get us in the mood, the party mood.
Speaker 4: Look at that booty. Show me the moody.
Speaker 3: You sell a break in times. Come on, a song stress. I know I'm here for you.
Speaker 1: You can ask for anything, give the announcement about it.
Speaker 4: But well it depends.
Speaker 1: We do have a history with some grabb an ass on this show. This is more for Christmas time. Okay, this is for what you learned. I learned absolutely nothing. Here we go, yes, yes, turn it up Friday. Let's just what are we doing now, let's go with this. Yeah, I mean everyone, just get up fished in the air in the car.
Speaker 3: Shake that ass.
Speaker 4: We can't put that.
Speaker 3: Oh oh no, no, all right, it's hard to that's white bro. No, that is relax. Yeah, that's white smoke. Bro, that's white bro.
Speaker 4: That's white.
Speaker 2: That was the white smoke out of the chimney at the Sistine Chapel yesterday, signifying that we had.
Speaker 3: A new Bolieve I got somebody to marry me.
Speaker 4: There was here's here.
Speaker 2: Listen. It's a mystery for all time. It crossed three of the faith. It's one of those that's more mysterious than we actually happened in contway.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 2: There, of course was the great moment when we found that it was American Robert Prevost, who is no longer Robert Privos he is now Pope Leo the fourteen.
Speaker 3: But I did call it. He went by Bob, remember.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ibsolutely.
Speaker 2: The video that we that we and the and KFI put up on Instagram was was pretty crazy. I mean we were I didn't see it until last night. I didn't realize that Keanu was able to capture that moment when you lost your ever love and mind. Wrapping yourself in the American flag and saying inexplicably we won, We won on.
Speaker 3: Your face is my favorite part.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like such a defeated Yes, I work with a crazy person, and yes I've worked with her for ten years almost and this is what I have to deal with.
Speaker 4: Even then, I didn't see it coming.
Speaker 3: I mean I've known for a long time and I didn't see it coming. Priceless.
Speaker 2: So the guys from Chicago born not from New Holland. By the way, his brother has said, not only is he not from from New Holland, he's not a Cubs fan, He's a white Sox guy.
Speaker 4: I read that he's a Cubs fan. That's not true. That's not true. He's not a Cubs fan.
Speaker 3: What is he?
Speaker 4: He's a socks what. They also sat on the air that he was from South Holland.
Speaker 6: That's not true.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's Dalton.
Speaker 5: He's from Dalton and he's a socks man.
Speaker 2: I said New Holland. South Holland was what the other were suggesting. Now, the other thing that was going on is Pope Leo gave his first mass this morning.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about that a little bit more when we come back.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Right right, which is always better.
Speaker 2: The judge of Menendez brother's case is expected to consider today whether the DA's office should stay on the case if a Parole Boards risk assessment should be allowed. That hearing's supposed to start twenty minutes ago, so it's one of that we will keep our eyes on. President Trump unofficially set some new negotiating terms for his administration's first talks with China, set to take place over in Switzerland this weekend. He kind of laid out some demands, I guess, or maybe some concessions, depending on how you look at it. In a couple of posts on truth Social, he said all caps China should open its markets to USA, would be so good for them. Closed markets don't work anymore, and in another post he wrote, eighty percent tariff on China seems right. That would be obviously lower than the one hundred and forty five percent. But he wrote up to Scott B, which I don't understand what goes on that guy's head, Scott Best, and obviously it's the treasure.
Speaker 3: He likes to give nicknames to everybody, Scotty B.
Speaker 4: I mean, say Scotty but Scott B.
Speaker 2: We'll get back to the pope here in a second, but first, a chance for you to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars. Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website Grand. That's Grand, g R A N D. Enter it now at KFI AM six forty dot com, slash cash Howard by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, winning is everything, call the winning attorneys at Sweet James.
Speaker 4: One eight hundred nine million.
Speaker 5: That's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 2: Grand is the key grand goes on that website KFI am six forty dot com slash cash.
Speaker 4: We'll do it again. An hour from now that thousand bucks heard.
Speaker 1: A news report of people reporters talking to people in the Chicago area who knew Bob we know him now as Pope Leo back in the day. And I found it fascinating that they around the neighborhood thought that Bob was going to become the first American pope. I mean sure the people were like, yeah, you know, not that he would become a priest. You know, we all kind of knew somebody who well at least in Catholic school, wanted to become a priest, wanted to become a priest, or was very serious about it, or you could see somebody for me, I think it was David Erudius.
Speaker 3: You know, okay, it could become a priest, but you never thought pope.
Speaker 1: You never thought like that guy's going to be the pope like that, that to me would be you know, that person's going to be the president of the United States or what have you, but more but bigger. But anyway, his brother also has been doing interviews. I did an interview with NBC John is the brother's name, of course it is. And he talked about his last conversation with his brother, Pope Leo, and he says that his brother watched the Oscar winning movie Conclave, and they do wordle and then they do words with friends. It's an everyday thing.
Speaker 3: Just like all of us. Does he call popes they're just like us?
Speaker 2: Does he call them bobby now or does he call them Pope Leo or your excellence?
Speaker 1: I don't ever called him bobby, well, but I think you call your brother your brother. I'm never going to refer to my brother as pope, but if he's my brother Andy the plumber, if you becomes pope, like, he's not getting that kindness from me. I'm not calling him Holiness or Pope father, but he's going to make up some sort of name.
Speaker 3: I'm never going to use it. He's always going to be Andy.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be Hope, Pope, Pope right like if your if your sister became you know, well again, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking of the TV show West Wing or any other version of of you know, the some White House something, if your relative, if my wife becomes the president, do I refer to her as Madam President, or when do I.
Speaker 1: Reserve only when you guys are naked? Or she's got her never mind never whoa yeah, A sharing moment.
Speaker 4: You're the ministry of Pleer. This morning, in his first mask.
Speaker 7: You have called me to carry that cross and to be blessed with that mission. And I know I can rely on each and every one of you to walk with me as we continue as a church, as a community of friends of Jesus, as believers, to announce the good news, to announce the gospel.
Speaker 2: Interesting that he's started in English and said basically, hey, I haven't done this for a couple of days.
Speaker 4: I'm going to speak in English first.
Speaker 2: And then he went into Latin and went into the to the rest of the mass. This morning, I mentioned that there was a news conference that took place and these were American cardinals there for Conclave, four or five of them. I don't remember exactly how many, but Cardinal Timothy Dolan probably the most recognizable one. He's out and about, very media friendly, and he was talking about a couple things.
Speaker 4: First was this is our brother.
Speaker 2: This is a guy we've known, we've all known for quite a while, and it's great to see him ascend to this position.
Speaker 6: You know, Robert Francis Prevost is no longer around. It's now Pope Leo. That's why Jesus changed the name of the first pope. Right, You're no longer Simon. Your name is Peter. So he's a new person. He's our holy father. He's the successor of Peter. He's the father of the Church Universal, where he came from.
Speaker 4: Secondary.
Speaker 2: The other thing is Timothy Dolan was asked, is this a pushback to Donald Trump?
Speaker 4: Because I don't.
Speaker 1: Think it is. That is not the way the Cardinals pick the next pope. To me, the narrative that it's more about security and wanting the America the America. Wanting America on its side in terms of military strength makes much more sense to me than they wanted somebody to count.
Speaker 8: Yeah, come on, well, he want to build bridges to Donald Trump. I suppose that he would want to build bridges with the leader of every nation. So I don't think. I don't think at all my brother cardinals would have thought of him as a counterweight too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One person, I would say, I'm shocked that people are even asking this question or talking about it. But politics has bled into everything everything, and it's unfortunate and no, and that should just die that conversation.
Speaker 4: Why, bro, when we come back, you're going to do that a lot.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 4: I just need to remind you where I sit every day.
Speaker 1: And I apologize for that almost every day.
Speaker 3: We have big news when we come back.
Speaker 4: We do about what about Heather.
Speaker 1: We also have a story that I'd like to tell you that made me think of you and your friendship, involving John Hamm okay, Fred Rogan.
Speaker 3: Just it is an it Friday. That's what I'm sensing.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll do all of that when we come back.
Speaker 1: Does Heather even know the news about her that we're gonna because she looks very serene.
Speaker 9: She might have some idea. She doesn't look shocked at all. You don't play the booty music again when I walk in.
Speaker 1: Oh, why, it's an honor. We celebrate Moody on this show.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 1: Well this morning, I was shocked when I opened up social media and saw Bill Belichick's girlfriend has been banned from u NC and then and then shocked. It was shocked in awe and then uh bleach reporter. Someone came out and said that that was fake news.
Speaker 3: She was not banned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it was a I think it was a former ESPN reporter on a podcast.
Speaker 3: She should be banned.
Speaker 1: Any distraction that large should be banned from a practice field.
Speaker 2: If you are yeah, if you're some of the assistant coaches, even though Belichick is your boss, you might get into his ear and just say, hey, she's pretty, but she shouldn't.
Speaker 1: You don't see other girlfriends hanging around the facility.
Speaker 4: There aren't a lot of Bill Belichick's. I think that's the I think.
Speaker 3: He's got some sort of dementia.
Speaker 1: I think this is like a Nancy Reagan thing going really, yeah.
Speaker 4: Fred, get Fred get in here.
Speaker 2: The dean of the Dean of LA Sports, Fred Rogan has been found wandering around the hallways in this place.
Speaker 1: I think he's got some sort of waning cognitive situation.
Speaker 3: Bill Belichick.
Speaker 1: That's not the Bill Belichick we know that would just have some hot chick hanging around.
Speaker 10: You understand, everybody goes to act. You haven't gone to enough of them in your life because you're young. But as people age, they go through different acts. And this is now his act. This is where he's at in his life.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: And by the way, she she.
Speaker 10: Absolutely needs to be there, really, yeah, because obviously she's the recruiting coordinator.
Speaker 4: She keeps everybody happy.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, absolutely has to be there.
Speaker 3: Is because you want to see her there.
Speaker 4: No, I don't want to see her there.
Speaker 10: But you know, when you go when they recruit kids to college, and now it doesn't really matter. You don't need to you don't need to be a recruited you need to be paid. But back in the day, you know, you'd fly in and some of the co eds would show you around and this is this and this is where we do that.
Speaker 1: You get a lot of ass on those trips, is what Fred's trying to say. I didn't say that, I know what you're trying to didn't suggest we all know what happens.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 10: Well, I was never recruited for anything. The only thing I did is try to hang out outside Man's a Needa dorm in Phoenix at Arizona State. And that was the women's only, the girls only dorm back then. So it's a hundred years ago, and I was in high school and I would sit there and I would say. When people would come up, I'd go, oh god, I'm so sad. What I need to go see my girlfriend on the fourth floor? Can you take me up there? Because I can't figure out how to get up there and I want a surprise her and they go, oh, this is so cute. Sure, so then they would take me up. I had no girlfriend on the fourth floor, and I'd sit in the lobby and then people would walk out of the rooms and walk there. Wait wait, well no, this was in high school, so then people would walk by me better I look, no, hey there was you know a means two an end. So then I'm sitting there and people walk by and I'd be really sad, and he go, why are you so sad? I said, because I was supposed to meet my girlfriend but she's not here and I don't know what to do, and they go, well, why did you come up with us? And that's how I met the girls.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will say this though, if you don't know Fred Rogan, and who doesn't know Fred Rogan, he looks and always has looked twenty years younger than he is, and you, as a high school kid, probably looked about twelve years old.
Speaker 10: Well, but listen, I used to sell programs. No, I used to sell programs at Arizona State.
Speaker 3: You probably sitting there.
Speaker 4: Oh, but they bought it. Yeah, that's all that matters.
Speaker 3: You were like their little brother, right.
Speaker 10: I got to meet people, It's all that matters. Right, So, I mean, and then it turns out I'm the only guy that didn't go to college.
Speaker 4: Isn't right?
Speaker 3: You didn't go to college.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: I only went six months to ADJC Phoenix College. I spent plenty of time on campus though. Yeah, well listen, I got to know the school.
Speaker 3: Sure as you don't really have to go.
Speaker 10: To college more so now more so now you have to go, Oh you do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I graduated. I didn't graduate.
Speaker 10: I went six months to Phoenix College, home of a fighting Bears Shandy Hogan was a football coach. And from there I went off to Globe Arizona and started my radio career.
Speaker 3: See that's the thing. You didn't need to go to college to do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and today it wouldn't work that way. Today. Nobody would hire you if you didn't go to college.
Speaker 3: I know, but it's so weird to me.
Speaker 2: It doesn't We've said it many times, the idea that a communications degree somehow gives you a leg up on somebody who's got a great personality and is well read and never went to college.
Speaker 4: It doesn't.
Speaker 1: It makes no sense. I love that hat. Thanks, good looking hat. Thanks, I appreciate it.
Speaker 10: Don't wear that red, white and blue Memorial Day Giants hat in here.
Speaker 1: It's so it's America July.
Speaker 3: We don't need to have our fallen.
Speaker 4: This is in honor of both the Pope and the giants.
Speaker 10: Okay, well, we entered the Dodgers here, and I understand Shamnon.
Speaker 4: We honor we undered the Dodgers. We're Los Angeles, So thank you both very much.
Speaker 3: You understand that this is America. Yeah, I understand shannon.
Speaker 2: Opinions on on Leo the fourteenth, on then American Pope.
Speaker 4: I congratulate him. Yeah. I think it's great.
Speaker 1: You have a daughter named Shannon, don't you know I do. I got that vibe just now. I felt like I was getting in trouble when he used my given name.
Speaker 8: I have.
Speaker 4: Before. He is practiced saying it that way. Well, what's been the reaction to the Pope? You guys got a lot of reaction to that. Well, there's a funny thing.
Speaker 2: It's hard to get like the international reaction to it, because everything in America is filtered through America. It's filtered through the Red, white, and Blue. So everybody here, I think, is like, great, this is awesome.
Speaker 4: That's fantastic.
Speaker 2: But if you're from I don't know, Sub Saharan Africa and you were hoping that they were going to have the first African pope, or if you're from the Philippines or somewhere in Southeast Asia, are you concerned that you're going to be underrepresented when it comes to the Catholic Church.
Speaker 1: And we don't have a direct line to the Sub Saharan desert nor the Philippines.
Speaker 2: Right, So that's kind of that's why I think there is in the next coming you know, in the next few days or something, we'll probably hear from other places around the world who were like, nah, he's you know, he's probably going to be too concerned with first world countries when in fact he's given much of his life to.
Speaker 4: Service in third I mean, he was in Peru forever.
Speaker 3: Is awareness el cuerpols.
Speaker 2: I don't think he would abide by that, say, it's Friday and the body knows it. Yeah, I don't, No, I don't, doesn't it It was not his first Mass today.
Speaker 4: You guys are to the Vatican, No I have. It's very cool.
Speaker 1: You know what My favorite party going to the Vatican is as you come out and they've got Rosary beads you can buy, and there's two tables the Rosary beads. There's the table just the Rosary beads that you buy from the Vatican, and then there's a table of the Rosary beads that have been blessed by the Pope.
Speaker 3: What do you think the markup is.
Speaker 1: On that from the from the Rosary beads versus the Pope blessed Rosary beads.
Speaker 4: Priceless?
Speaker 3: Now, one of the odds.
Speaker 1: I bought the cheap Rosary beads from the Vatican, came home, gave them out as Christmas gifts to my Catholic relatives and told them they were blessed by the Pope when they weren't high chance, very high good cat.
Speaker 4: Well, look, if they're there, they're kind of blessed by the post.
Speaker 3: That's my reasoning.
Speaker 10: It's in the building, right, it's in the vicinity, right, and the Pope's not going to bless them times.
Speaker 1: It's the pope blessings of the Vatican, and those seeds are right there.
Speaker 2: Does the do they run it like like one of those you know, athletes doing autographs on pictures and stuff like that, where he's just got.
Speaker 4: A box of one hundred rosaries and what.
Speaker 3: Are the odds he actually blessed those beads?
Speaker 4: I mean, do you pick him up each one? And no, no, no, he doesn't do.
Speaker 3: Like a who the whole box? You sprinkle holy water down the hallway or something.
Speaker 10: Well, I mean, if he's blessing anything in the Vatican and the beads are in the Vatican blessed the whole thing, would.
Speaker 4: It not be safe to say they were blessed? Good? Point?
Speaker 10: The thing about the Vatican when you go in there, it's a really different feeling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's I mean, I've never been anywhere like in my life.
Speaker 3: You just it's the weight of it is instantly felt.
Speaker 4: Don't you. I don't know if you feel energized. I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's a buzz a live a.
Speaker 4: Wake, but it was really something.
Speaker 3: It's a historical thing, like it's just weighty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and God not gone. Gary.
Speaker 2: No, I've been to I've been to Pacoima, same difference. Yeah, I've driven through sun Valley a couple of times and uh oh solving. I drove up through Solvang.
Speaker 4: There's nothing wrong with that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Have you been to Winters, California?
Speaker 4: Many times? Yes? What is Winters?
Speaker 1: They've got a great steakhourse, steakhorse course, horses as well.
Speaker 3: The steakhouse there.
Speaker 2: Winters and Williams, Northern Brothers.
Speaker 1: They are brother Tilliams and Winters. At lot of cattle, a lot of rodeos, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It was a corning cornering head of red Bluff had a great red Bluff round up.
Speaker 1: My God, for my money, doesn't get better than red Bluff round up. All right, we gotta go, Fred.
Speaker 3: That was fun? Thank you?
Speaker 4: Am I done? Is that it for me? Okay?
Speaker 6: Bye?
Speaker 4: Gary?
Speaker 3: Heather's breaking and wait come back.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Or importantly, Heather Brooker has a big weekend coming up and we support our brethren, sister in. Sister in, I think brethren is all of human race, is it not?
Speaker 3: Or don't you feel left out if I say you are brethren. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Listen, we don't need to fight this now, we don't need to go through this. It's Heather's moment, all right, Heather Brooker.
Speaker 3: Heather Brooker, Yeah, do you have walk up music? We could play?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 9: They always ask us right before we go up on stage at these shows that I do, and I usually just think of it in the moment. It's usually something maybe gen xy, like what I don't know, Like I love like a the flepperd you know, like just play at upon jovie moment. Okay, I like a little like old hip hop, you know, mmmm hmm, yeah, sometimes I do that.
Speaker 3: Or sometimes I'll just throw in the thong.
Speaker 1: Songs, a little silk, like a freak Me up and Down or something like that, like Fat Bottom Girls, you know.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I like that one. That's a crowd pleaser.
Speaker 9: Always something that gets everybody like, yeah, pumped and ready to go.
Speaker 4: What are we talking about? We are talking about?
Speaker 9: I'm assuming you guys are talking about my stand up comedy show tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: Yay, that's right.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna be at the Ice House at seven o'clock tomorrow night. In the main room, the big room and just do a little comedy for a Mother's Day weekend, talking about some mom stuff. We're gonna be talking about married life and maybe a little bit about Caffie. I'm trying to say how many people from CAFI will be there?
Speaker 3: Do I want to do? I want to think you should lay the whole place out.
Speaker 4: That would be funny to go.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: If I wasn't going to see my mother, I would have been there for sure.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I was gonna ask you guys if you wanted to go, But I didn't want to put.
Speaker 1: Into a second thing we've heard about today where we haven't been in vice did around here, and I'm beginning to think that we nobody likes us.
Speaker 3: True, it's not true. Such lies.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I have an idea for your walk up song. Okay, do it crash test dummings the really I mean, shock them, you know what I mean, Just.
Speaker 9: Like I feel like it'll be like yeah, because you know, the the MC comes up and they hype you up, They're like, you know, yeah, she's the bath blah blah blah, and then it'd be like right.
Speaker 3: All over the place, this is why I'm not a comedian.
Speaker 9: Gary, Gary, Did I hear that you have done stand up before?
Speaker 3: Is that true? Somebody told me.
Speaker 4: That I have.
Speaker 2: I have played the ice House before, but most of my time was spent at the laugh Factory.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, only one of the most famous stand up places in the history of the world. It's a little place called the Laugh Factory. He was very good. It was how many years ago?
Speaker 4: Was that many?
Speaker 1: Almost twenty seven something like that. I went and saw him, Heather, He was very good. I don't know why he stopped doing that. I don't know why he stopped doing that.
Speaker 4: You know what? You know what stopped me?
Speaker 2: It was it was two thousand and six, and it was I was doing Friday and I was hosting Friday.
Speaker 4: Nights at the Laugh Factory.
Speaker 2: And there was one weekend when I couldn't do it, early November, I think, and I called back the next week and I said, I can come back whenever you want me, and they're like, great, but we're doing a special show on Friday that we don't need an MC for. That was the night that Michael Richards Kramer from Seinfeld got up on stage, dropped the M bomb and blew the place up.
Speaker 3: So he dodged a bullet. So I dodged a bullet because I.
Speaker 2: Would have been associated with I mean, not that you, anybody would have recognized.
Speaker 9: You would have been linked forever. Yeah, so I would never have done it. Well, here's what I think, because also, you know, there's quite a few people here at iHeart that either have done stand up or do stand up, like Sandy steck up a Coast she also does stand up.
Speaker 4: She and I text about shows.
Speaker 9: We need to have an iHeart stand up night or like a KFI stand up some something we could do where we get us up there and just give us a microphone in front of live people and just be.
Speaker 3: I will cheer all y'all on that sounds like just heckle everybody. Growing no reason I have to make a little money up there, right exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Saturday night Ice House, Pasadena.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's gonna be me.
Speaker 9: We're gonna Lynn's son, who is a very funny comedian, She's gonna be there as well.
Speaker 4: JK.
Speaker 9: Weldon, Joseph Schell's, Lorena Gomez, a bunch of wonderful comedians up and coming, some of them already established. It's gonna be a fun show. We're gonna have mom jokes. We're gonna have non mom jokes. Everybody, come on out. We need to sell out the room, so please buy a ticket. I'd love to see you all there.
Speaker 3: All right, Moms and thongs.
Speaker 2: Moms, Ice Housecomedy dot com is where you can buy the tickets.
Speaker 9: Yes, and thank you guys so much. I appreciate it, love it. Next time you have to come to the show, I'll tell you well in advance, okay.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, begging for invites than.
Speaker 9: I will beg you to come to the show. You know, comedians, we have no shame.
Speaker 3: I understand that.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll talk Menendez and entertainment and HP is coming after you in a whole new way.
Speaker 3: It's all coming up next on Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.