Speaker 1: You are now listening to the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network.
Speaker 2: Hello there, and welcome back.
Speaker 3: What is this plance as connected disconnected? It's connected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected.
Speaker 4: Disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to feel disconnected.
Speaker 5: You break the number that has been connected.
Speaker 2: Hello there, and welcome back to another Thursday night on Reconnected. Here with you all as usual. It's the first Thursday of the week or of the week of the month, and we got doctor Will here, Doctor Will. How you been well?
Speaker 3: I matter not at all?
Speaker 2: Well on that note for somebody that for somebody that matters not, we got it. We got to introduce the show. Will come on. It just started, uh. In honor of last month, we talked about the brand new Toxic Avenger and the special features that we worked on. And later on night we're talking about Tromeo and Juliet. So in honor of that, how about the legendary trumets Tiffany sheppis.
Speaker 5: What hey, guys, can you hi?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can hear you, okay.
Speaker 6: Because I'm in I'm in a weird really like oddly, I have every light on in here, and it's still super dark and hazy in Ohio.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 2: It's always dark in Ohio.
Speaker 6: It's always got a haze over Ohio. I'm sorry to the Cleveland Browns fans, what's up?
Speaker 5: What's up? Will? Hey, Ryan, wonderful.
Speaker 2: To meet you. Glad you're here. Thanks for showing up tonight.
Speaker 5: Nice to meet you, guys. Well I know Will, but nice to meet you. Uh yeah, we just flew in.
Speaker 6: We're doing a con here in Ohio called Cinema Wasteland with a whole lot of trauma people. We have like all the og casts.
Speaker 5: From the original Toxic Adventure here at this show, which would be pretty cool. Hey, what's up, journeys. Yeah, so it's it's gonna be a fun night. So this is a cool way to kick it off. I even wore my new Toxic aven Your shirt for you, guys, uh in honor of this hazy room, and uh maybe it's my camera and it was it was, Oh, I shouldn't gonna just go now. Well anyway, it is really dark in here. Whatever, thank god, it's really pretty so uh yeah, so it's exciting.
Speaker 6: So there's a lot of talks for people here amongst many other types of people. So if anyone is happened to be listening, uh, come to Ohio.
Speaker 5: To Cinema Wasteland this whole weekend. It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 6: And uh ignore that you saw this shirt already because I'm probably gonna wear it again.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, we've got another little surprise for you, Tiffany. Look who else is here? Oh my goodness, Oh my god.
Speaker 6: John, You're so cute. You're like a cartoon character in a good way.
Speaker 5: We can't hear.
Speaker 2: You, but you should try and muting yourself there.
Speaker 5: John.
Speaker 2: John is the one that edited the special feature Toxic Shock with Tiffany Shepis that is on the upcoming Toxic Avenger twenty twenty three four K disc and he did an incredible job. But most of all, Tiffany, thanks for lending your voice and your wonderful face to the incredible featurette. We hope you were happy with it for sure, Dude.
Speaker 5: I absolutely loved it. I think we had a great time when when we filmed it.
Speaker 6: And like, if anyone that hasn't gotten the physical, well, I guess it's not even out yet, right to it's not out yet, But when you do get it, you're in for a treat because homeboy, Will and John and Ryan, everybody in this group knows trauma very very very well, and I think you'll be you will be excited to see some familiar stuff in the thing that we did. And I was super happy with it, and we shot it.
Speaker 3: Really that was a hog barn. Actually it was what it was a hog barn.
Speaker 5: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: There's a giant barn that they hold hog then?
Speaker 5: Is that true? Yeah, that's where we were.
Speaker 3: That's that's where Carolina and we were at Carolina Fearfest and it was at the Raleigh Fairgrounds and we were in some repurposed hangars that are used for showing livestock.
Speaker 6: Well, yes, I wonder how much we would have sold for somebody's prize possession.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it was very cool.
Speaker 6: I was very shocked how great it turned out, considering we were in a hog barn, as you now told me. I thought I thought we were just some awesome sound stage why, But yeah, it came out really good.
Speaker 5: And it just shows you the love that people have.
Speaker 6: For trauma, you know, and the history that people have with trauma, and the nostalgia that people have for trauma, and that like they hear it, they hear the name, they see the toxic Avenger, they see you know, even like characters like Sergic googy Man and people just go, oh man, like I remember that stuff, and like they feel they feel all warm and fuzzy, like they're back at home. And I've told you this before, you know, Like in regards to Lloyd, I really do feel like he was like one of the first to put like merch on the table for people at conventions. Like you I've been doing conventions for you know, a lot of years, like thirty years, and I feel like back then, like we didn't have you know, tables after tables after tables of toys and swag and stuff like that, and it was like Lloyd always had.
Speaker 5: Something like he always like was coming up with something new.
Speaker 6: So I know he wasn't like the founding father of merch, Like that's dumb, but you know what I mean, Like I feel like he was like one of the first people to really bring a lot of product for each movie.
Speaker 5: And you know, you could get the trauma times.
Speaker 6: You can also get you know, this poster that none of the people are actually in it, or you know, the alternate posters that starred me in a movie that you know, was made twenty years before I was born. You know, I think he was like kind of the king of that And I think here's the reason why we have so many tables of endless merchandise at Horrcuns.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, I g a Lloyd.
Speaker 3: Oh, go ahead with no no after you, mister host.
Speaker 2: Tonight we get to talk about Tromeo and Juliet. That's a big deal for pretty much everybody on the video at the moment. So how was that, like other than the obvious, Like, tell us a quick story about it, like, I mean, that's it's it's gone down on the pantheon of like many people's most beloved trubble Droma film overall. How do you how do you feel looking back on that now?
Speaker 6: So I mean, all right, So for the one person that doesn't know this story, if they know Trauma and they know me.
Speaker 5: Tromeo and Juliet was my first movie.
Speaker 6: I was like a kid, like a New York kid growing up in New York City, you know, trying to be an actor, but like just doing like little NYU weird films and stuff like that and modeling, you know, because that's what you do, like you go to New York City and you muddle for Barbizon Modeling school and weird catalogs and some a kid next to me was reading this actor's paper and there was an ad for Trauma and they were looking for people for Tromeo and Juliette. And so of course I cut school and I ran down there and I auditioned, and of course I didn't have a lot of special skills on my resume, so I made some up and I was like, what's a good one.
Speaker 3: I know how to.
Speaker 6: Fight, I'm I am no jiu jitsu and I'm a black belt.
Speaker 5: I mean it's just a stretch, like a little little hall tail.
Speaker 6: But so of course they were like, show us your skills. And you know, I did on an intern. I'm sorry, I think it was Dylan, And anyhow I got I got the part of Peter, the bodyguard to the Capulett family. Of course, in Trauma fashion, They're like, we're not even gonna change the name. You're Peter now, and I was like, that's awesome, and uh and and I got to make my first movie for you know people that I mean, I didn't know James at the time, obviously, because he was so young as well. But like for trauma, like those are movies that I grew up watching. Those are the movies that I you know, my parents would go out of town on the weekend and my brother and I would have parties and you know, people would drink and get high and watch trauma films and so for me, this was like, holy shit, this is the coolest thing ever. And then you know, seeing Lloyd in action, seeing James in action, like it really did set like a foundation of believe it or not, like professionalism, like.
Speaker 5: The way that like you you people go, oh, well, you know, people don't get paid or whatever.
Speaker 6: It's it's still like the most professionally run set, like one of the most professionally runs that I've ever been on, right, like and they really do hold true to like you know, you know, safety to people, safety and people's property.
Speaker 5: And then make a good movie.
Speaker 6: And uh of course, like while we're filming it, like nobody had any idea it was going to be super cool or you know, become this kind of cult classic or play it like the Museum of Modern Art for two years.
Speaker 5: Like these are these like these wild things that happened to it or launch, like the careers of a lot of.
Speaker 6: Super famous people. So you know, for all that stuff, it's it's super rad.
Speaker 5: But yeah, you had no idea. You had no idea.
Speaker 3: It's kind of cool that that this is a bit of a full circle because in addition to filming this new piece for the Toxic Avenger, you also did new interview for the Trumpo and Juliet restoration.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be really cool to see, right, all the all these perspectives you have on the film after after your your career has has evolved over the years.
Speaker 5: Well, it's interesting.
Speaker 6: They I remember, like you know, they had a bunch of questions to ask me about filming. And the truth is, it is like some stuff you just don't remember, right, Like you know, I made like one hundred movies since then, and even oh, it was one of the most memorable.
Speaker 5: Experiences to me, it was just so long ago.
Speaker 6: So I even like I think I prefaced it in the documentary or like, you know, the the interview portion.
Speaker 5: Like I'm like, I could be making this up, like like I don't know how much of this is really true or not, So it will be up to you guys.
Speaker 6: You know, people that watch it and then have like read old interviews to tell me if if I'm fully shit or not. Like I was with with Will Keenan, who played Tromio this past weekend in New Jersey at a convention, and and we were going back and forth on things, and it was just so interesting to have like what my perspective, like what I remember it being like on set, and then what he remembered was so different. It's so different, Like he was like, oh, man, like you know it was so cool, like when you walked on set, Everybody's like, oh, that's Tiffany shepis And.
Speaker 5: I was like what As a kid, I was like so fucking nervous, And he's like, you didn't show it.
Speaker 6: I was like, in my head, I felt like I was like a like deer in headlights, but uh, maybe I overcompensated by just being like a super cocky asshole.
Speaker 5: A black belt obviously, which I really did.
Speaker 6: Guys, like and for if you don't know this story, or if you do, I'm sorry, I'm telling it again.
Speaker 5: But like I really was convinced that.
Speaker 6: I was gonna get caught lying about that and be quote unquote blacklisted from all like that there's gonna be like this this like thing, and there was gonna be a big X over my picture.
Speaker 2: I think everything turned out okay. I mean now that you've been on Picard and people still come up to you for things like Trumy and Juliet, I mean, that's that's got to be special, especially with it being your first thing.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, I mean and for Picard, I told them I was really a trill, so nobody ever checks, like, just don't look down the spots don't go all the way down. But yeah, it's really interesting. It's always like the most the person like you. If you look at like a line at my table at a convention, every single person is there to meet me and talk about something different, and I always thought that was really cool. It's also a little like, oh, like I've never had that big movie that everybody's like, I know her from that.
Speaker 5: You know. It's always like if somebody's like, what have you been in?
Speaker 6: They don't know me, have to like list off forty two things and still they're like, are you sure.
Speaker 5: That you're not Juliana Markley?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: But what what's interesting about it is like if I if you're standing in a line, and like I always think like, oh, yeah, this is definitely going to be like a treky dude, you know, and then he'll be like, the first thing I ever saw you in was a scarecrow and I've loved it ever since.
Speaker 5: And I don't even watch ror movies, and they're like, really, you're a scarecrow guy, you know?
Speaker 6: Or you know, I think somebody's going to be like only for Tromeo and Juliet and they're so you know, it's like, but I will say, no matter what you're there for, they always kind of rewind back to like my first thing, so everybody's always like, oh, and then I went and found Tromeo and Juliet or oh, I went and watched all the edgtvs or our UK followers.
Speaker 5: All the Tromaville cafes were very big fun.
Speaker 6: Hit, which I actually just saw one the other day via like whatever that Zach guy does that Troma now I think it's called on YouTube and he found some video of me doing some wrestling scene with because of my fighting skills with Debbie Rashan and like a killer. It's like, do I even remember filming that? But that's the kind of crazy stuff that happened in the Trouble office for many years, like, Oh, you're here, coming full from this thing. Oh you're here, do an intro for this movie. Oh you brought your dog. Now your dog is the star of Monster in the Closet. You know, It's just that's how it was family affair that you get sucked into time and time again.
Speaker 3: Well, one thing I've always admired about you and your career is that you're the kind of person that just says hell yes and most of the time sometimes at least this time, and we really appreciated it was so fun to shoot with you.
Speaker 6: Ah, thank you and we'll see you. Guys came at me with like the pitch was cool, So I was. I was excited, and I think I am Yeah. I think there is a big majority of me that's like a hell yeah. But I also want to at this point in my life, like old in my dim lit hotel room, like you just want to make stuff that's cool, and you want to make stuff that's cool with cool people, you know, because like you absolutely have no idea where any of it's ever going to go right. It's like anybody ever gonna watch this? You know, I'm certainly not making any money on it. So at least am I gonna have a good time filming it? And it's gonna.
Speaker 5: Look cool, right?
Speaker 6: And I knew that when I walked in and it was you, you and John, and I was like, oh, we got some duct tape hanging up our backdrop.
Speaker 5: Not even this is going to be a good shoot.
Speaker 3: I'll have you know that. I now do have an iPad, so you ever do this again, the cards will be let me.
Speaker 6: Let me rewind this to sure anybody that cares, especially you Ryan.
Speaker 5: Because I was like, so do I have to, like, do I need to be off book with this? And Will's like, no, you are fine. I will have Q cards, right. I have Will's accent that's pretty close to be an actor.
Speaker 6: And he he was like, I'll have Q cards, don't worry. And then I get there and there's no QU cards and I'm like, like, an I bet.
Speaker 5: He was like, I have like this little note.
Speaker 2: Oh Will, I blesst I love it.
Speaker 6: John's incredible editing. It looks like I know how to say all the big words.
Speaker 2: Speaking of that, John, did microphones make it to Wes Anderson's backstage yet?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I guess not.
Speaker 3: This is what this is when two of us.
Speaker 7: Now you're I, Oh, my god, I want to make fun of will.
Speaker 5: Come on. It's really fun.
Speaker 7: My god, I don't have to say now that it's on.
Speaker 3: I just had it. Jesus, just.
Speaker 6: Get rid of your picture now so we could just hear you. So you know, it's kind of neat John. So, Uh, I got in here early to this convention that says, well, I was a little bit to do with trauma because with.
Speaker 5: All the trauma people.
Speaker 6: I told you, like our og toxic Avengers here at the show, it's fun and uh, who else is here? There was something I was gonna tell you John, now I can't remember, but it's I wish you guys were. It's gonna be a good show.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: And it's always fun when when you get to see trauma people, especially on a night that we're talking about more trauma stuff.
Speaker 5: I know that.
Speaker 6: People can see the new Toxi now on streaming right now.
Speaker 5: I wonder if you purchase it on.
Speaker 6: Streaming, do you get the extras that are on the DVD.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if it's available yet, but I think they will be.
Speaker 5: Ryan. You must find this out.
Speaker 2: I should. Yeah, I should know that.
Speaker 5: We tell people they could watch it right now.
Speaker 4: Well, Ryan is the president of physical media, not of streaming.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 6: Okay, thanks John, you can put yourself back on mute now.
Speaker 5: I just would have thought Ryan might know.
Speaker 3: Well, we do know something about We know it's going to be in Germany.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, not only are we on the US release, but we are also on the Cape Light release coming out of Germany.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's two. That's two places you can see it.
Speaker 5: Look at that.
Speaker 7: I was hoping for down under, but I'm still working on it.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's possible, Wine, Wine.
Speaker 5: Let me make a call.
Speaker 7: Hello, you have to turn upside down?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, but it don't work.
Speaker 7: It'll work, It would work, you're right. Yeah, that was a really good will.
Speaker 4: That was a really good will impression that I wish the world could have heard.
Speaker 7: Me laughing at.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 6: Well, if you guys ever want, like when Will is not available for these you know streaming, I could come on as Will.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I would literally pay big dollars for that.
Speaker 6: Nobody would really know, and frankly, people might be really excited.
Speaker 5: You know, I may be a better Will than Will.
Speaker 3: Oh I get in trouble every time I'm on this dand thing. You're welcome troubled by. Oh you know I'm a magnet for controversy.
Speaker 6: Well, I do like the little Tiffany Sheppis collection. You have behind you, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: What do you have there?
Speaker 6: I see Nympha, I see Bonnie and Clyde Versus Dracula, which, by the way, anybody listening, you can now purchase a body and clyde Versus Dracula resin of Tiffany Sheppis as Bonnie.
Speaker 5: It's really dope. You should have it. You should, don't it. The Violent Kind really cool movie. I was very very very let's.
Speaker 2: Do this for a second so you can see them all.
Speaker 6: Oh, look at that close up on Will and his finger. Yeah, Violent Kind. Violent Kind was really fun. I was very very very very very excited when they called me to make that movie, as I just wanted to play possessed, really really bad and crawl around on a ceiling and vomit on people.
Speaker 5: And that's what I got to do.
Speaker 3: Night.
Speaker 4: Curious, Will, what movie if you didn't know Tiffany and you met her at the Cahn, what movie would you bring to the table.
Speaker 2: Good question.
Speaker 3: She's in one scene of intimate encounters.
Speaker 5: And delete.
Speaker 3: It's not one of those things. I just won't make that clear. It's not one of those things. It's a comedic scene. At the very end, it is.
Speaker 6: That is the worst movie thing, that is so dumb.
Speaker 2: Give us that will impression good, then.
Speaker 3: I would bring her.
Speaker 5: Counter e man, you will.
Speaker 6: It's not even like a sexy scene, like I would totally be like, all right, I get it. Like it's like I'm like, I'm like, it's so dumb it's not even worth describing.
Speaker 5: That's a that's a bad pick a second one.
Speaker 4: Sorry, if you're gonna pick a second one too. I want to say to you, Tiffany that, as Will and I were driving up, I'm like, I had just edited a your interview for Basement Jack. So I was like, I feel like I feel like I know her a little bit. She's kind of silly. I know her, and I'm like, I'm not nervous, and Will was like I'm nervous and John.
Speaker 7: But then when I met you, I was like, fuck, she's really cool.
Speaker 4: And I wasn't expecting I may have said this alreadyhen we met, but I was like, you're one of those people who within five minutes. Is like, I know how to make fun of you, and you're gonna like it. And I think that is a really really cool thing. My wife, Robin is also very very good at honing in on that that thing about people that it's like, I'm gonna make fun of you right now.
Speaker 7: We've literally just met. I think I want you to meet her. It's really cool.
Speaker 5: They call me and Robin bullies, I think, is what.
Speaker 7: The key is? You like it?
Speaker 5: Well, making subs everywhere we go.
Speaker 7: Okay, there, you gotta say that, and Will's voice.
Speaker 5: Though, yeah, exactly, bring that home.
Speaker 6: I mean, Homesicks a cool movie, but like you've got to be a real sick o to like think Homesick the one you're gonna bust out.
Speaker 3: I figured nobody else would do it.
Speaker 5: Lots of people do it, the weird ones.
Speaker 6: Oh well, you know who made that movie, you guys, Adam Winguard, who went on to do lots of really really really cool movies I'm not in. And Evan Katz wrote it with him, who went on to do lots and lots of really cool movies and things that I'm also not in. Moving on, no, no, no, but John back to you. I loved working with you.
Speaker 5: It was so fun.
Speaker 6: And yes, I do make fun of everybody, but in love because I think everyone can make fun of me back and I don't. I don't ever take it personally. So I think y'all were good sports.
Speaker 7: Well, I think well, and I learned more in ten minutes because of that, So thank you.
Speaker 3: Really, that's why I got the iPad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: Always have an iPad? You could always roll?
Speaker 4: What are we doing with these pieces of paper? You asked me to print these? I don't even.
Speaker 7: Space them correctly?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 7: But well that was that. That was my fault.
Speaker 2: Since we can do this, and I know Tiffany needs to get some sleep, we're trying to entice people to check out the physical media release of the Toxic Avengers. So because we own the rights, you're gonna have five seconds of this and that's it.
Speaker 5: Listen, greetings from Trumaville. I am legendary scream Queen at Super Trauma.
Speaker 6: That was it.
Speaker 5: I've been in this business a long long time.
Speaker 2: That's enough again, but chock it up.
Speaker 5: I can give you more than five seconds.
Speaker 6: Hi, I'm super trummet and legendary scream Queen Tivity Chepherds. I've been in this business a long long time and I have seen some shit, all right, all right, but that's where cards. Yeah, I needed the cue cards. Oh well no, But I think people really should get the physical media one because we need to be only more physical media.
Speaker 5: Like look at look at behind you.
Speaker 6: Guys, right, Like it's super cool to have this stuff ninety every time I try to go show Mike in something like that, I like from the eighties, I I can't fucking find it. Can't find it anywhere. You can't find it on iTunes, and so unless somebody owns like the physical copy somewhere, we're never gonna see it again.
Speaker 5: So not just because we worked on this, but like, I really.
Speaker 6: Do think people should own it because it's cool and you're gonna come to conventions and I'm gonna sign it, and other people are gonna sign it, and it's really dope, and it's like not often that movies like this get big, giant, you know, Hollywood names involved in them. So I would one hundred percent encourage anybody to not only have watched it when it was in the theater, watch it on streaming and now.
Speaker 5: Own the movie and go get it signed.
Speaker 6: And calm, meet me at conventions and tell me how dope our thing was and that you want to see more of it, and that we'll make more of them for other movies.
Speaker 5: And that's what we're gonna do. There's my sales pitch.
Speaker 2: I was the hell of a sound bite. Well, we'll just send that to every company right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And they say, and if you don't, I'm gonna come fuck you up because.
Speaker 5: I know jiu jitsu Black built disclaimer it like, no, this is not a threat.
Speaker 2: He does it, do Blacklister. Please, thank you so much for hanging out tonight.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry it is in this kind and I do think this is like a grim sad hotel room in Ohio, nothing against time.
Speaker 2: Worse you could be with Darjeeling Limited over here.
Speaker 3: Oh let me tell you, dude, Let me tell you about getting hotel rooms with John.
Speaker 7: I just booked one tonight myself because.
Speaker 3: He won't let me book him anymore. Smart man, My god, I'm economical. So your your room looks like a luxury suite compared to what we usually stay in.
Speaker 7: This man took me to a red roof and.
Speaker 5: Hey, don't don't hate on him. Don't hate on him.
Speaker 6: Red roofin Uh, you know home to a lot of the cons in the Midwest.
Speaker 5: So and they usually have free coffee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, John, don't be slam.
Speaker 2: Should to.
Speaker 7: It was barely Rady didn't have.
Speaker 8: It.
Speaker 2: So thanks ranging out later. Ah can I leave like this? I got you? Oh man? Uh while everybody's still here, because Tiffany is amazing.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: For those that don't know, I put out a magazine and I was waiting for this moment to reveal. H. The cover of October's issue U is going to be the Toxic Avengers. Make sure you check that out as it comes out this week. Uh. It's it's pretty incredible. I am so stoked for everybody to see it. But John, thanks for hanging out tonight. How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 7: Is the physical media training about to leave the station?
Speaker 2: It's it's about too Yeah, it's.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, I'm good. I'm happy to be here. I'm glad. My microphone is working now.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is important to turn it on.
Speaker 7: I'm I saw Stan. Uh, it is important.
Speaker 4: I saw Stan g make He's the second person in a couple of weeks to make fun of me for not even this location looking like a seventies hotel.
Speaker 7: Room, and so thank you.
Speaker 4: Uh but yeah, no, I if the if the train's gonna leave the station, I brought my I brought my pick, I brought my recent things.
Speaker 7: You don't have to see them. But I got a stack from brother I got a stack from brother Belile. And that's just what I wanted to share because I thought it's nice and.
Speaker 4: I'm just getting into uh Luccio Fulci big time because my man up in corner here had the.
Speaker 7: That shirt that says directed by Lucia nice.
Speaker 2: John? How was how was editing this Toxi piece? Tell everybody how Connecticut was? Because, oh my god, such.
Speaker 3: A Tiffany says, hearts.
Speaker 2: You had a very short period of time to turn around this piece, and you kind of crushed it.
Speaker 7: It was fun.
Speaker 4: You guys let me get did what I hope for everything, and let me get as weird as I want to be, and trusted me to go with the make those jokes just as weird. And as Tiffany said, you know, we had ended up shooting her kind of in front of what I had been calling a garbage bag and luckily.
Speaker 7: Luckily it was a tablecloth. Yeah, it was shy, it was shiny enough that.
Speaker 3: It was a it was from party city, Yeah, what was going on a business sale?
Speaker 4: In any case, we were able to we were able to treat it as a green screen somehow, which was amazing, especially because she was wearing a black shirt and it yeah, ended up ended up working out really well. And uh to thank her again, she gave us so much of her time. She did that there were enough takes. She did so many takes we were like kind of astounded. I mean, she was making fun of us, being like you should have asked me to do this basically, but she gave it all and it just came out great. And performance of hers at yeah, to be found in there was like all of them are amazing, but like hitting the tone exactly right was totally possible because she just gave us so much of her time and was so cool.
Speaker 3: And we should say this is a different kind of supplemental piece. It's not a documentary, it's not an interview. It's more of a longer kind of comedic piece. In the tradition of the stuff that used to be on the old Trauma VHS. And DVDs, but on a bigger scale, and she really, Tiffany really knocked the performance out of the park. But John's editing and visual gags just make it pop. I think it's the best thing we've done as a as a partnership, and I'm pretty excited for people to see it me too. Like most of the things we do, I'm like, I wish we could have re recorded it, but this one I think is fine.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a visual essay edited by somebody who's probably most formative theatrical experience with seeing hot Shots part due in the theater with like his two best friends and his dad on his birthday when whatever age, I don't know what it's like ten something like that.
Speaker 3: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: We're just gonna let that hang in the air because that was a perfect way to describe your editing style.
Speaker 7: That's what it is. I can't help it.
Speaker 2: So we got we got people asking when you're going to come back and be a full guest unreconnected. You got time anytime soon. I know you're a tired boy when it gets past like seven to fifteen.
Speaker 3: To me, yeah, I was asking you can take over right now.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a lot o day.
Speaker 7: I might lurk my lerk for sure.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, whenever I feel like the more I do, the more I do, you know.
Speaker 2: I assuming the night that we had our long conversation about Louis Skuzman.
Speaker 3: It was amazing, Louise, did we actually have time to get that in?
Speaker 7: That was the first one?
Speaker 2: No? That was the second? Or have you done three? I don't know. That was earlier this year.
Speaker 7: I think, oh no, it was what what does a movie like? What's uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And we talked at length about why Louis Guzman is like that special sauce in a movie, because if he's in it, you know it's gonna be good.
Speaker 4: God, he should have been in one battle after another social of John c O'Reilly but.
Speaker 3: Shots fired?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, it's a it's that Keanu Reeves. Yeah, I'm thinking I'm thinking five stars, but he.
Speaker 3: Still.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for hanging out tonight, Thanks for being a fly on the wall.
Speaker 7: Please go love you guys.
Speaker 2: We have like a four and a half hour show ahead of us. Still, it's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 7: Oh god, God, got speed boys.
Speaker 3: John, You're the best. I'm so glad that you got to come tonight and thank.
Speaker 7: You for letting me book the next hotel. I think it's gonna be actually nice.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to use.
Speaker 2: All the towels, both of them.
Speaker 7: I don't think they're They're not gonna have any blood on them this time.
Speaker 4: Jesus, and the wreck probably won't explode off the wall.
Speaker 7: But who knows.
Speaker 3: You know what we can say, it's western North Carolina.
Speaker 7: Anything can happen. See soon, dudes, talk to.
Speaker 2: Uh for everybody that was asking about the magazine, because I didn't leave it up there enough, here's another quick look. While Will and I talked about Toxi for a moment. I am so stoked to have us attached to this. One of the things that Will and I have talked about so much about the marketing behind this movie. It's so cool that they like actually paid off people student loans or medical debt that they were doing with the theatrical play that they did. It's so so perfect, Like it's just such a great way to tell the story of this because it's about medical problems and not having enough money to care for it and everything. So yeah, I think it was a really smart choice for them to market this.
Speaker 3: They paid off that medical debt before the government shut down. It's about to have some more O yikes. Anyway, Tiffany shepis right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fantastic.
Speaker 3: She's great. Doesn't know that, doesn't know the difference between a deep South accent and apple Atchian accent.
Speaker 2: But it was really funny. Hey, back to the normal stuff. Will how you been? Now that we can like actually start just the two of.
Speaker 3: Us, just the two of us, we can make it if we try.
Speaker 2: Good, we'll go back. I'm gonna go back and sound clip Tiffany's impression of you and use it as a soundboard whenever we do stuff.
Speaker 3: Great, do it, good man. I been some stuff going on, working on preparing another film presentation at the Carrie Theater. Me and John are gearing up. We're gonna be checking out now. I highly recommend people look and see if they're coming to your town, because they do travel shoveling jazz, and they're traveling. Can I kick it program?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: DJ two Tone gets on stage and live scores a movie while you watch. They do films like The Matrix, Kill Bill, Last The Last Dragon. We're gonna go see Blade October the eleventh and they're traveling with that film around the Southeast, and I'm working on hopefully bringing them to campus to do an event next year. So yeah, I've been a lot going on, working on projects. You know, We've got I think we have one announcement that we'll be able to talk about tonight, right, and and obviously promoting the Toxic Avenger and every now and then saying hello to Tiffany Sheppis and being like, oh my god, how did this happen? Well, let's let are you doing?
Speaker 2: Uh? Not great?
Speaker 3: But oh come on, everything's going well.
Speaker 2: Everything's perfect. See, when you're a federal employee, right, twenty twenty five is like perfect times.
Speaker 3: There's only one thing worse than being a federal employee when there's a government shutdown, and that's being a being a federal employee when there's a government shutdown who still has to go to work.
Speaker 2: Hi mom, by the way, my mom also a federal employee who is working and furloughed. I appreciate you, and so does the country. Just the administration does not.
Speaker 3: I promise, thank you, thank you for your endurance. I think that's the new phrase we say to people, thank you for your endurance. That's under happier things.
Speaker 2: Let's breeze through some of our normal stuff. What have you been excited about picking up recently?
Speaker 3: Pickups?
Speaker 2: Huh, pickups and not the truck kind.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, there was a Keno sale, and what I like to do when there's a Kno sale is I go see what's for sale for under eight dollars because sometimes.
Speaker 2: Somehow most everything.
Speaker 3: Well sometimes you can find some Jim So. I picked up Lillian Gish and Anna Laurie, Laura, Anna Laurie. I picked up Guy Madden's second film, archangel Ship. I missed that one, the remake of Berlin Alexander plattz uh. This is a blind by. I don't know anything about it, but I was like, let's check it out. Let's see first French sound film Into the World.
Speaker 2: That was the beginning of the End of the World.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this religious film JC Michael Ironside and Neon City, very nice. Eric Rohmer film The Four Adventures of Rennette and Mirabelle.
Speaker 2: I got that one coming to so I got a couple of those.
Speaker 3: And then let's see, I got my contributor copy of Dead Sleep from seven. Thank you seven. We've got a visual essay in.
Speaker 2: Man, crazy movie, crazy story behind that movie.
Speaker 3: And finally here's the dumbest thing I did all month. But the thing I'm most ehearted about that I did this month.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh yeah, a very.
Speaker 3: Nice I have the Teln David Chang collection went on major like half off sales.
Speaker 2: Side exclusive too, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's like fricking sixteen movies or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's something crazy.
Speaker 3: Ten twelve twelve movies. So how about you what?
Speaker 2: I need that one too? God dang it.
Speaker 3: Those purchases did you make this month?
Speaker 2: Well? From music Box Films a little early? This is when fall is comings. Newer French films supposed to be pretty great. Huh, it's here now? What's here? Names? Is that what you said?
Speaker 3: It's here now?
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna do this, Okay, newest def Crocodile. I don't have serious yet. But this is the Treasures of Soviet Animation Volume two with the wonderful The Snow Queen Restored Beauty. Craig did incredible, incredible work on there. Yes, I did miss it for a moment, Sibner. I'm sorry, I'm not the quickest right now. We talked about this last week and somehow it's already in my hands because I bought it right before the stream. This is The Man with the Black Umbrella. This is a newer found footage movie by the same people that did the Fear Footage. I love the work that they do indie horror, love supporting indie horror. A few keynote things in myself. Actually, I got in Wonder Dogs. This is the compilation of like old silent films clips with dogs and everything. I had this mentioned to me when I interviewed the gentleman from the Library of Congress that he was working on this. I was like, oh, man, I got to get that the it releases, and then I waited until it was on sale late months later. Next is Danger Diabolic Baba four K that just came out, just came in literally, and then the other four K. I got with that one Undisputed Sweet Walter Hill had to yeah, I mean it. Sorry, gotta love that air of Wesley Stypes. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Oh and don't forget don't ever sleep on Undisputed two.
Speaker 2: That shit's awesome, understandable. We just talked about this because I couldn't remember the name of it, and I've been dying to see this, and I wanted to show you that I take what you say to heart. I bought Gabriel Over the White House.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's a it's got some that Leo McCarey Schmaltz. But it's really interesting, and I mean, basically the premises, what if a really good guy guided by an angel became a dictator? And so it's a sort of early meditation on fascism from them? What was that nineteen thirty fine, I don't know. Yeah, so obviously there's a different model for the fascism for that film.
Speaker 2: But why did they make the print on these so small?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Right, that's why I appreciate Deff Crocodile. They changed everything to be easier to read. I also want to throw out I still read fangoria and I love getting physic media magazines and Yesterday Yeah good stuff. Yeah, Hey, Will, what you've been watching? Because I know you're here to piss people off? Dan, Gabriel Over the White House is nineteen thirty three. I was way off.
Speaker 3: I thought it was earlier. Yeah, let's see. Well the first thing I couldn't I think I'm misplaced the disc But I watched a really cool film distributed by Utopia called Omen. Oh, and it is various. Oh and the disc comes with short films by the director, and they're all just gorgeous. It's a beautiful movie. I'm not exactly sure what happens. A person may or may not be a witch. There's some child gangster, queer children, gangsters in drag. There's all these themes about family and heritage and stuff. It's gorgeous, gorgeous movie. I highly recommend omen from Utopia. Let's see. Then, I saw for the first time Virtuosity.
Speaker 2: Oh, how much did you hate it?
Speaker 3: I didn't hate it. I thought it was really cheesy and I enjoyed watching Russell Crowe just devour the scenery. You know it. It doesn't quite live up to its promise, but great cast, some of the action is really good, and uh, you know, I kind of liked it as a sort of pre Matrix CGI movie, so I didn't hate it at all. Let's see in class I showed a perennial favorite, Cleopatrick Jones.
Speaker 9: Nice.
Speaker 3: We had a great conversation about it. Most students seem to know the name, but very few have ever seen it. So I'm always happy to oblige with that. Another one of my favorites. This is another vinegar syndrome old catalog film, Pale Blood featuring Agent Orange the band playing two songs over and over, but it's great. Wing Ouser, Oh fantastic. Another film that I introduced to a lot of people for the first time, and this was just this week, The Monster Squad.
Speaker 8: Nice.
Speaker 3: I always like to revisit that as October is beginning, and the last thing I'll say, well, no, I'll watch a couple of things on stream and that'll make people.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, that's what I was waiting for.
Speaker 3: I've started to run the series on Wrong Turn. The first one's really just not that great, but the second one, Joe Lynch is Wrong Turn two Dead End starring Henry Rollins, is a freaking masterpiece. I haven't watched any of the rest yet, but Wrong Term two is awesome. Worth the price of this, Like Walmart Long Term one through five. Yeah, it's pretty sweet, though they get their own disc it's all about.
Speaker 2: That's pretty rare.
Speaker 3: So and then on let's see streaming. I watched That's All Superman. Speaking of James Gunn, Yeah, many of the actors from Tromeo and Juliet appear in Superman, which is probably the most hilarious thing about it. I do think Superman benefited from James Gunn's sense of humor. It's got the same James Gunn themes of I want everybody to love me, what happened between me and my dad, you know, all that stuff. But I, despite not really liking Superman in general, I did find it to be okay. I'm enjoying much more the new season of Peacemaker, which is connecting the world's ye peacemakers, going great. Let's see. Oh my gosh. I watched I'm Trying, you know, in October, so I'm trying to do a horror movie tonight, and on Criterion streaming, I finally watched a movie that I hadn't seen yet and was recommended to me over and over my people, What lies beneath?
Speaker 2: That's not a real movie. You did not like?
Speaker 3: That sucked, is what it did.
Speaker 2: I love that movie.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you do. I don't know what I'm doing on that, but it's just yeah. Gaslight remade midlife crisis stuff. It was just for me. The story was so trifling and cliched, like you could have done so much more. Yeah, with the like, if you're gonna do a haunting, you've got all these different possibilities, and you're gonna go with that. I just didn't care for it. And two two and a half hours almost Oh my goodness, James remar was wasted, not wasted, but like wasted in the movie. Me may have been wasted. I don't know. Let's see, did I watch anything? Oh and I'm glad John is gone because I also saw the Naked Gun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is where you pissed me off. The movie is not as bad as you make it out to be.
Speaker 3: I didn't say it was bad. I generally don't. I generally don't say that it wasn't for me. I felt like the pacing and delivery of the jokes was off. It would be mad at me. He loved making up. You know, the original is very tightly scripted but comes off as anarchic, and the new one, I felt like was very loosely scripted but comes off as rehearsed. To me, it just yeah, I just didn't have the vibe that I was hoping for. There were some moments, but you know, and I'm and I'm I don't know I'm just I'm not into the scatological jokes, and I felt like the whole movie kind of ran with that, like if you want to make the occasional one, okay, but I.
Speaker 2: Mean when you eat that many chili dogs.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: I it wasn't for me. But yeah, So I saw The Naked Gun, I saw Superman What Lies Beneath? And I watched The Paper.
Speaker 2: Oh the Office spin off.
Speaker 3: Been off of the Office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is it bad? Because I've not seen it yet.
Speaker 3: It's simultaneously less believable and more real. Yeah. I actually, despite myself, I found it kind of sweet. Honestly.
Speaker 2: I've heard it gets a lot better, like after the first couple episodes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess. So that's what I've been watching. How about you? You've been seeing stuff in theaters? Tell us all about.
Speaker 2: It well, and some at home too. For theaters for this week, The Strangers Chapter two is just pure ass. Nobody should watch it. It's a terrible movie. And I will say that.
Speaker 3: Will it's someone's favorite movie.
Speaker 2: It's Rennie Harlan's favorite for like eight minutes and that was it. It's it's a bad I like The Strangers Chapter one was not enjoyable in at least, but and somehow this one is worse.
Speaker 3: It is is that the one where they're like why why me? And they're like, because you were home? I thought the first one was Okay, what.
Speaker 2: The original or chapter one? Have you seen both of those?
Speaker 3: Because chapter one's the second one.
Speaker 2: Chapter one is the third one.
Speaker 3: Will The.
Speaker 2: Original one was in two thousand and eight, and then they made Strangers Pray at Night in like twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen. Uh, and then this one, Rendy Harlan said, I'm gonna make a four and a half hour Strangers movie to remake the original story and expand on it and give him a backstory, and it's awful.
Speaker 3: And that's chapter two.
Speaker 2: No, he wanted to make a four and a half movie and they said, we can't do that. It's three movies. So chapter one is remaking the first movie chapter two and three is expanding on the lower for no reason. So this is chapter one that Chapter two is out in the right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so when chapter three comes out, a you're gonna see it?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, day one in theaters.
Speaker 3: Well that's just going to encourage part four.
Speaker 2: No, that Rennie Harlan's already been told he can't do it anymore.
Speaker 3: Let be part of six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it literally would be. So I'm done talking about the Strangers. The movie's bad, don't watch it. I saw Dead of Winter this weekend. This is a new one, like survival horror movie turned into weird survival horror movie with another aspect to it, starring Emma Thompson. She's freaking great in it. Unfortunately, the movie is not like incredible that there's so many things that they could have done better, but there's some surprises and it's done pretty well with what they had to work with. The big surprise for me this weekend, though, is Eleanor the Great with the wonderful June Squib. She is incredible in her role as somebody that essentially is moving from her home in California. It's New York City and she goes to a Holocaust survivor meeting and she tells a story about surviving the Holocaust and it is harrowing and a lot of people rightfully empathize with her, and then you find out later in the movie that it might not be her story, and so it's finding out like dealing with aging and all kinds of memory problems and generational trauma and friendships and all of what that means. It is really really good, and I feel like nobody's gonna see it because it's a really crazy time at the theater right now, because the next movie one battle after another. Paul Thomas Anderson, it's a masterpiece. Just like everybody said, it is fantastic. I will point out that the chas scene at the end that everybody's referencing is amazingly shot. It genuinely makes you feel like you are a part of the chase, and it reminded me of where I grew up, because I grew up on roads just like that. And a lot of people will appreciate it because it is shot incredibly. Everybody in that movie gives a hell of a performance. The story is great, It is hilarious through and through. It's not like anything Paul Thomas Anderson has ever made. People would probably enjoy it. I think most people would probably enjoy that movie. Then at home, I'm in the middle of two different movies that I'm trying to finish before this weekend. I started the newest Spike Lee joint highest to lowest, starring Denzel You call it a joint specifically, you know, you know he's they're different movies that he does not call Spike Lee joint because he disagreed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just thought it was funny for you to say.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Uh, one thing I want to point out, like Spike Lee has always been able to capture really incredible like real picture of wherever he's shooting, and the amount of freaking green screens and highest to lowest that are so like off putting to a point that it takes you out of the movie. It is not great. It is quite distracting. The story it's self is a very interesting story. I will say, however, Man, the green screen work is so so jarringly bad. I am shocked that it was like approved to be in the movie. It's that bad. The last thing I'm in the middle of showing my kids or showing my wife, sorry not my kids Avatar again, because I'm seeing Avatar too this weekend, And dear God, do I really not like that movie? Will? I had to imagine Avatar is like one of your least favorite movies of all time?
Speaker 3: Hated it? Dances with smurfs.
Speaker 2: That's really funny. Two thousand and nine, I've called it Ferngully with blue people.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was. I don't know, you know, nothing I like more than somebody using like more like like a gig a ton of electricity to tell me how important the environment is. Right, yeah, all right, yeah, and I just yeah, so enjoy Avatar three.
Speaker 2: That's later this year. I still haven't seen Avatar two, and I'm seeing that this weekend.
Speaker 3: Well that's what you're seeing this weekend. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Before we get into announcements, I do want to talk.
Speaker 3: What, you know, what I need to keep it on point.
Speaker 2: This is on point before we talk about announcements. There was some interesting things said in the last twenty four hours that I want to clarify because I went to the bottom of the source. Yesterday, Lionsgate announced that Quentin Tarantinos The Whole Bloody Affair, which is Kill Bill Volume one and two, will be playing for the first time across the country in the US in theaters in major markets. We have no like definitions of what major markets is, how many theaters it will play in or anything. And people blew up very excited. I know, the will You're not a Tarantino guy if you want to go to the bathroom, right, now or something that's fine. So Kilbill Volume wanted to is getting its Whole Bloody Affair run and a lot of people were wondering, does that mean we can finally hope to see it on physical media because it's something that we've been after for a long time, And that discussion was being had for a couple hours. And then a website called City on Fire, which frequently discusses Asian films, which The Whole Bloody Affair theoretically has a Japanese segment that is very early on in the story of The Whole Bloody Affair because it came out on Japanese DVD ages ago. Anyways, I don't need to tell the whole backstory. They broke the news on their website that said this will be playing in theaters in early December, with a four kuhd to follow shortly after, and I went to City on Fire and said, hey, what is your source for the disc coming out because I'd like to be able to post about this news because it's big news. And they said, well, it's industry standard, and I went what does that mean? And they said, well, with Linesgate Limited doing what they do on their website, they just have to put it out on disc. It'll be a four case steal book. You know that they're going to do it. And I said, wait a minute, So you're just assuming that this is coming and you're announcing that it's confirmed that a disc is following. And they said, no, we're not assuming, just I mean, you know that's going to happen. I went, well, that's not news. You can't confirm this as saying that it's coming. And so a lot of people have been excited over the last twenty four hours that the Whole Bloody Affair is coming to UHD. We don't know that home video rights and theatrical rights are very, very different, and there is nothing confirming that this is coming to disc anytime soon. It's a more than four hour cut when these two films are put together as the Whole Bloody Affair, And yeah, check sources, because there's no reason that you should be super excited about something if it's not a true story. So that's all I wanted to say about that. What do you want to do to shit on kill Bill Volume one and two?
Speaker 3: There will no no. I was glad you were able to make time for such a hard hitting story.
Speaker 2: It's truly a thing because this is something that a lot of people have been after for twenty years.
Speaker 3: Literally, Well, you know.
Speaker 2: That's it, all right, keep the faith, well, keep the faith, but let's talk about things that we can have true faith in aero video. Let's start with them. December one on four K and Blu Ray Limited additions coming over in the UK is City on Fire from nineteen eighty seven. This is the first of their version of the Golden Princess catalog that Shout Factory licensed and they are sub licensing to a handful of companies around the world. Arrow is getting these. There is a company called The Legends, I believe in Italy getting these. Imprint in Australia's getting these. We're going to talk more about imprint and those in just a little bit, but City on Fire is a big damn deal. Will and I have been looking forward to the Arrow release of this for a long time. This is going to have a new commentary with Frank Jang and f J. DeSanto, a new interview with the screenwriter at Tommy Sham, all of the same things that are on the Shout disc. So I'm not going to go through all of these However, this also has three archival interviews that are not on the Shout disc, So if you're trying to get the best release at the moment, this looks to be. It will tell us about City on Fire and how do you feel better?
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of Quentin Tarantina, great segue. Yeah, I was waiting for the four K Shout Factory addition to go on sale, and now I'm waiting for the Era addition to go on sale instead. This was one of the films that I included in my like DVD to Blu ray wish list last what January when I was on Yeah, so you're welcome. It went from DVD to four K. I'm so happy. If you're not familiar with it, it is the source material for Reservoir Dogs, but it tells a different part of the story than the Tarantino film that you're familiar with, So hollyworth checking out. I think it's one of Ringo Lamb's best movies. Some might say it is his best movie. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't even think it's a hot take. I do think this looks great. Obviously. The art on here by Tony Stella is amazing. Poster art on the booklet and on the insert is stupendous. To me, the arrow releases of these is gonna be the way to go. But I will point out too Brian in the comments, he's been checking out the ones that have come out from Shout already here in the US, and he says he's not sure he loves the Shout transfers. These first four ks could be color times better. So I will be very curious to see comparisons between what these companies are putting out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ronnie asked earlier, I might be getting a kitten. I don't think so, but I'd like one.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to our next one.
Speaker 3: We had So we had Tiffany on and you said that it was already going to be like a four hour show. So I'm trying to be pithy.
Speaker 2: Well, people also want doctor. Will they crave you?
Speaker 3: Will nobody craves me.
Speaker 2: You are going to get multiple comments after I said that, of people confirming that they do in fact crave you.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not fishing.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm fishing for a four K of the house with laughing windows. So let's go to our next announcement, which is December second, on four K and limited Blu ray here in the US from Arrow is The House with the Laughing Windows. It's not the UK release, but it is coming in the US. The UK is gonna be done by Shameless and The House with Laughing Windows done by Poopiavadi. Great movie. We make our way up from again just like a City on Fire DVD all the way up to four K. We got a new commentary by Alexander Heller, Nicholas and Josh Nelson. New commentary by Eugenio friend of the Channel, Troy Howarth, friend of the Channel. There's a new feature link doc directed by Federico Cadeo, featuring interviews with the co writer and a bunch of other individuals, multiple visual essays. There's going to be a booklet with new writing House with the Laughing Windows. Any thoughts on that.
Speaker 3: Well, this is my announcement of the month. I and also a film on my wish list from last year YEP DVD to four K yet again. I love this film. I think it's one of the most beautifully shot movies and I cannot wait to see this restoration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's undoubtedly going to look beautiful. I am stoked that this is finally happening. This has been teased many, many times, and yeah, it looks like an absolutely wonderful release. Then a big one show Scope Volume four is coming out on December eighth in the UK December ninth here in North America. And this one leans heavily towards the cult side of things, which is gonna make a lot of people happy. And we've got some pretty great movies in this one of the biggest ones. Super Inframan is one that people have been asking for since the very first Shoscope. Disc two we got Oily Maniac and Battle Wizard. Disc three we got Black Magic and Black Magic Part Two. Disc four is Hex and Bewitched. Disc five is Hex versus Witchcraft and Hex after Hex. Disc six is Bat Without Wings and Bloody Parrot. Disc seven is The Fake Ghost Catchers and Demon of the Loot. Disc eight is Seeding of a Ghost and Portrait and Crystal. Disc nine Twinkle Twink a Little Star, and then Disc ten is a bonus disc with a whole bunch of special features. As usual, all kinds of great titles, lots of movies in these releases. There is no overlap with what is currently coming out from Shout Factory. I know that's a common question. However, this does have many films that were released previously by eighty eight Films and a couple that were just released previously by imprint shoscopes. Have you picked any of these up? Are you shaw?
Speaker 3: Brothers?
Speaker 10: Guy?
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I do have the first three shoscopes, so I have to do this at some point. It's a bad time to be broke. Yeah, and what is this? So four scopes and now we have what eight of the shout Factors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're about to discuss volume eight tonight. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm so happy. And this going into more horror and fantasy, super great, So excited about I don't think I've seen any of these films except for Oily Maniac.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of surprised by that. No hex or a seeding of a ghost yet, I don't think so were you? Were you ever picking up the eighty film's releases of all those or did you pass on all those?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: I mean I didn't know about idiot films until maybe a year ago. I uh, wow, I didn't. I didn't go region free and start looking at other distributor distributors outside of Regina until pretty recently. The past couple of years.
Speaker 2: So what else happened the last couple of years?
Speaker 3: I wonder I met Tiffany Sheppis.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm not important. Let's get into Wild Style. December first in the UK in North America, we get a four K and Blu Ray release of Wild Style from nineteen eighty two. They are also selling on their website right now that they don't list it as an exclusive, but there is a bundle with a vinyl as well. This is a big title for a lot of people. This was like a foundational film for many, many individuals. You've got a four K and disc and then a Blu Ray extras disc. If you get the four K release, you got a new book with a bunch of new writing. You've got double side of full that poster, a mini version of the Wild Style issue of Hip Hop Family Tree, the comic book, and then you've got three Wild Style logo stickers. As far as the extras go, new commentary with Jeff Chairman, Mao and Andrew Monk, one Mason, there's an archival commentary, there is a new interview with a bunch of individuals from this all kinds of archival extras, but then, just to make you more enticed to buy the limited edition, there is a third disc, which is the CD, and it has an exclusive new Wild Style megamix and original radio spots, rare alternate mixes of a bunch of stuff from the film, all kinds of stuff to make this just a real stellar release. Tell us about your love for Wild Style.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I've shown this one class several times. This is a really interesting film because it's a combination of documentary and fiction. I think they call it docufiction about early eighties graffiti culture, which also leads us into the early days of hip hop. So you got Busy Bee and the Cold Crush Crew and the rock Steady Brothers all these wow, no respect, sorry, all these you know, important foundational rappers, and it's this incredible snapshot of the time and you see some great art and everything.
Speaker 2: Really good stuff here. This is one that I think a lot of people were upset because the basketball hoop picture was their hint for this one. But it makes sense. So that's Arrow pretty stellar December. I know we don't give like really drawn out overviews of the year or anything, but how do you feeling about Arrow this year? Because this is the last announcement of twenty twenty five for them, I feel like they've had like a shockingly big year, huge mainstream titles obviously, but some major gems to come out and get pretty great releases.
Speaker 3: Yeah, spent a great year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very happy with it.
Speaker 3: Overall, they've got my support and appreciation.
Speaker 2: Well, let's talk about terror Vision now. Last Friday's announcement, to continue their thirteen Weeks of Halloween, they announced a double feature of The American Scream and Best Worst Movie, two documentaries about making movie that if you have followed cult films for the last couple of decades, these are pretty pretty big titles for a lot of people. Best Worst Movie has gotten more and more popular, and I think the American Scream is kind of underappreciated, So I really hope this makes some people come around to see what they can offer through this. But yeah, this is a big, pretty big deal. The bigger deal, though, is let's look at the extras on here. So you got both of the movies. There's a new interview with George Hardy, There's deleted scenes, all kinds of like short excerpts of interviews and featurettes and all kinds of stuff. They're doing, and then you get to the crazy stuff that terror Vision has put together for this. You got the next Shocktail Hours Halloween Monster mix. They put on a scanned two K from our archival sixteen millimeter print of Night a Living Dead, and then Stephanie Crawford, who it's Stephanie's birthday today? Happy Birthday is Stephanie Crawford and Brad from Terror Vision do a commentary on Out of the Living Dead, and then there's also common terry with Mike and Mark Mike Shank and Mark Portchard that you'll it's it is that commentary that one they gave permission to be able to put it on the disc. There's also a two K scan of an archival eight milim ter print of nos Faratu from nineteen twenty two, and then nineteen twenty five's Fantom of the Opera is scanned in two K as an archival print on this as well, so you actually get five films if you buy this quote double feature Best Worst Movie American Scream Any thoughts will big fan?
Speaker 3: I saw a Best Worse Movie at the River Run Film Festival when was first released, so I don't know. Sixteen seventeen years ago. Yeah, it was great. I haven't seen the American Scream, but I've read about it many times, so I'm very excited to get both. This is an upgrade of the previous Best Worts movie release that I have.
Speaker 2: So yeah, absolutely next we're done with Arrow. But they did get details put out there for their Ninja Turtles released. This is the trilogy of all three being released on four K and Blu ray. As well as far as the extras on this, there is a lot. They've got new commentaries, multiple new commentaries, multiple new interviews, all kinds of stuff that is really cool, including like interviews with some of the Hints and puppeteers, all three films on their own disc of course, all kinds of stuff, new commentaries, and all three films big booklet. This looks to be like a really stellar Stellar release. Are you into the Turtles? Are you getting this? No, that's what I thought, all right, moving right along.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm cool with it. I saw them and they're cool and everything. I just don't have the nostalgia for.
Speaker 2: It right right little after when you probably would have fellen in love with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was a little too old, I think to be super into it well.
Speaker 2: On a similar tonal note. November eighteenth, Keo is releasing French Noir Collection Volume two. This has Ryan Virgin from nineteen fifty three, The Beast is Loose from nineteen fifty nine, Trapped by Fear from nineteen sixty and the Passion of Slow Fire from sixty one. Some big names in this like Leno Ventura and Jean Paul Belmondo. Yeah. These these little bundle options that they put out of some of these are really great for the price. I saw some people kind of worried about this because it's four films on two discs. It's gonna be great. I'm sure it's not that bad. They're not taking up much room on that disc anyway. New commentaries for our all four films. Yeah, any thoughts, William, Oh, yeah, this.
Speaker 3: Is definitely I don't know the films, but obviously the cast is enticing. And yeah, all these as you're saying, when they're in collections like this makes it.
Speaker 2: Sure bet super affordable. All right. Next up, hammer anounced their next four K release, and that is The Men of Sherwood Forest from nineteen fifty four. I recorded a conversation for another show this week on Robin Hood stuff, and I mentioned this briefly, how I'm eager to see this one. Is this one you've seen? Will no, no, I'm I'm anybody in the chat seen this. I'm very curious to check this out because the Robinhood story, I feel like Robinhood is just kind of a bland character. I'm very curious to see what they could do with.
Speaker 3: It, especially in your favorite version of Robinhood.
Speaker 2: That's what brought it up. Yeah, we talked about how he's kind of the worst part of the movie and the side characters are literally the only thing to make the movie worth it.
Speaker 3: Well, the best Robinhood movie is the Disney one where he's a Fox.
Speaker 2: I agree and said that in the podcast.
Speaker 11: Yeah, awesome, it's so good themation's great.
Speaker 3: That might be my favorite Disney movie.
Speaker 2: Actually, ooh, that's a good question. We should do that conversation at some point.
Speaker 3: That and Sword and Stone. I think those are my big victims.
Speaker 2: That's a good one too. As usual, as part of these Hammered releases, crazy extras, tons of like archival stuff. They go deep into the hammer archives and collections that they can get into over in the UK. Lots of new writing and a giant booklet. This is one of like the smaller ones that doesn't come in the big like slip box hard box release that they do. It's the slightly smaller deluxe release. But it's the Men of Sherwood for so it makes sense that it wouldn't be like this giant release. These all look great. Yeah, I'm very curious to watch this. At some point in twenty twenty six, Keno Lower is releasing a four K of barb Wire, Yes, the Pamela Anderson film from nineteen ninety six. We don't know that it's gonna be the unrated cut, but it probably will be the unrated cuts. Will it be in four K? Maybe not. Keino is kind of only able to do what the studios give them. But hey, hey, I'm sure you've seen Barbed Wire before. Will tell us about it.
Speaker 3: I've never seen it.
Speaker 2: Really, this seems like one that you'd watch at least eight times in the day.
Speaker 3: That's because you have the wrong idea about me, sir, that's not true. I yeah, I just I'm not a pam Anderson guy. I think she's great, it's just that's not my that's not my crush from.
Speaker 2: The era understandable entirely. Also, pretty soon, Keno is releasing The Texas Rangers from nineteen thirty six. I bet you're more excited about this one than Barboire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I'm always up for an old Western. This looks great. Yep.
Speaker 2: I've never seen this, never heard of it. This one says two down on their luck former outlaws volunteer to be Texas Rangers and find themselves assigned to bring in an old friend. Now a notorious outlaw four K restoration by Universal, which pretty pretty damn incredible for something like this looking good. I have never seen this movie. We didn't even know he made it. But coming on November twenty fourth, Studio Canal is releasing a four K of twenty fifteen's A Legend, starring Tom Hardy. This is a tenth ten year anniversary collector's edition, brand new four K restoration with the forty eight page book, two posters, four art cards, new on disc piece called myton Legend with Brian Helgeland, audio commentary with the director Brian as well, and then a couple other featurettes that were archival. This is one of the stories of the Kraze, the UK criminal family have you ever seen.
Speaker 3: Legend aka Craig Ray, because there's there's two of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, Craig says, Hardy was great in that man. I genuinely I don't even think I remember it coming out. Wow, Dustin was writing out the exact same joke at the same time.
Speaker 3: We go Dustin.
Speaker 2: Still over in the UK November tenth, screen Bound is putting out a four K of Ticks. It is identical to the Vinegar Syndrome disc. The encode and all that will possibly be slightly different, but it's from the same scan. It's got all the same extras, all that. It's limited to a thousand copies, got a double sided poster. They're even using the same art that was used by Vinegar Syndrome. I will say Ticks is great fun. Love this movie. Check it out if you don't have the VS.
Speaker 3: Executive produced by Brian Is.
Speaker 2: I've heard of him. Yeah, good guy. In twenty twenty six, Australia is getting a released by Imprint of The New Avengers. We talked about this last week that Studio Now Studio Canal is releasing this over in the UK and they are giving Imprint a run for their money. For Pricing, but check out the new Avengers from Imprint if you're into it. Speaking of Imprint, we talked about Golden Princess stuff and we will talk more about that in a little bit, but they also announced that coming in twenty twenty six they're putting out a four K of Farewell, My Concubine. This was released here in the States by Criterion, and so if you're waiting on another release of that, you will be able to get it in Australia from Imprint. Probably a really nice hard box for this film, because it certainly deserves it. Yeah, good stuff. Film Masters pretty soon is going to be putting out one of their limited edition archive collection releases of Vincent Price. In house on Haunted Hill had a lot of questions about this film on if it's going to be a new scan. The odds are probably not. This film is in the public domain and film Masters they generally do scans that they can, so this will probably be some sort of archival print of sorts. There's little to no evidence or uh precedent set that they will be able to get the original negative from Warner Brothers for this, however, Uh, this is an amazing movie. William Castle, directing enterprise starring. I'm sure you've seen House on Haunted Hill.
Speaker 3: Will absolutely I I'm a fan. Yes, you see what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: I do. And it's weird, like you're throwing me up. You're supposed to be talking about it. It's a great movie, it is.
Speaker 3: I enjoy it. I like the one. I even like the the one was stew from Scream Matthew Lillard.
Speaker 2: This is a fun movie. It's not a great movie, but it's a fun movie.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey comes anyway. Yeah, you know, it's Fencing Price, It's William Castle, It's Household on Hill.
Speaker 2: It'll have an audio commentary by Heath Holland from Cereal at midnight.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, are you going to pay extra to hear what he thinks about it?
Speaker 2: Just a geat. We got a lot to talk about with Shout Factory tonight because they announced a ton of stuff, even though a lot of them are the exact same things that they put out before, like this one December. Second, they're putting out an Amazon exclusive four K. Steele book of Don of the Dead, not that one. Two thousand and four's Zack Snyder Don of the Dead, which again a lot of people pointing out the art from Shout is not looking too great this year. How are you feeling about that?
Speaker 3: I thought that the choice of the Jim Carroll band for the end title music was very funny.
Speaker 2: I like this movie. I do not like this art.
Speaker 3: Oh well, you know, steel Bookers, they really are.
Speaker 2: I will say, if you are, I'm buying every person you are living? Well, I guess you would.
Speaker 3: Probably your microphone's messing up and you sound like Chevy Chase and a thumb booth.
Speaker 2: Okay, then you get to talk about the next one.
Speaker 3: No, you're back now.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: The Sorcerer one of my favorite of the Puneers. This is this was Albert Pune's first film.
Speaker 2: Right, It's it's got to be close.
Speaker 3: A big fan, you know, one of the great sword and sorcery movies of the era.
Speaker 2: That was really fun to see. You try to weasel out of that. So this is also coming out December second in an Amazon exclusive four case steal book. No new extras, nothing like that. It's literally the exact same discs. Then, also on December second, they are putting out a four case, four K steal book Amazon exclusive of The People Under the Stairs not the Last West Craven film that we're gonna talk about tonight. Now, the big controversy with this, i should say, is the first time this was released, Shout Factory region locked the four K disc. So now the question is going to be did they fix that because it should not be region locked. It's quite possible that it's the exact same disc because Shout Factory is pretty dang lazy. So we'll see if that happens when it comes out. We won't know until the disc is enhanced. Sadly, they're not going to confirm that beforehand or anything like that. So people onto the stairs. How do you like? How do you rank that in the in the West Craven filmography since you've been spending a lot of time with Wes's work over the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'd say it's in the upper third For me. It's very enjoyable, perverse and great visual design. Love the story, you know. Yeah, it's not horrifying in the way that Nightmare is, but it's great fun and I'm sympathetic to the themes.
Speaker 2: Understandable. We're leaving Shout for a moment because there's an Amazon exclusive Blu ray box set from Universal coming. We don't have a date yet for it, but it is Downtown Abbey, the Ultimate Legacy Collection, which includes all six of the TV seasons and all three of the films all in one box. It's also got this giant gift set package with elegant fifty two page book packaging, special commentary, sketches, bios, photos and more. I imagine will you have spent many weeks watching Downtown Abbey.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I was a huge fan of Upstairs Downstairs, the sort of soap opera that was kind of adapted into Downton Abbey by Geene Marsh aka Queen Bath Morto of Willow. Yeah, you don't. You're not familiar with Upstairs Downstairs.
Speaker 2: Are I've seen I think one episode way back in the day, because I've I've loved British TV for a long time.
Speaker 3: It's fantastic and but I have not I have yet to dip my twos into Downtown Abbey, so this might be it. I did to give a code to britt.
Speaker 2: Box, so oh you got to share that.
Speaker 3: Do they have Downton Abbey on britt Box?
Speaker 2: I would imagine, so if not, that'd be really funny, all right? More stuff from Shouts December second four K release of one of the biggest titles from the Golden Princess Library the people have been after for so long. Nineteen eighty nine's The Killer, John Wu's unforgettable classic on four K, making a big debut from them. A new commentary with John Wu and Drew Taylor, new commentary with David West. There's an archival commentary which is really cool that it's here from the Criterion release when they put this out previously. Disc two is gonna have the movie on Blu Ray and then those same extras, and then Disc three has all kinds of new stuff, including a feature link doc on the cinema of Hong Kong's iconic director, featuring new interviews with a bunch of people associated with this films, a brand new interview with just John Wu, interview with one of the producers, Terrence Chang, interview with one of his editors, and more. There's an interview with Grady Hendrix on here which is pretty cool, and then even more archival extras. This is a crazy looking release. They really went all out and I cannot wait to buy the Aero version.
Speaker 3: Well, I should have sold my Criterion DVD earlier, I guess, shoot, yeah, obviously this is gonna be.
Speaker 2: I cannot waste to do this in four K for you. I like this art style more than what they did with Hard Boiled. I think the red works, but I don't really love the like grand Theft auto video game style that they went with on these. I'm really hopeful that Aero is going to be doing Tony Stella stuff for pretty much all of the big Golden Princess titles. That'd be crazy. Oh, Reservoirs keeps thinking that John Wus passed. Thankfully he's he's still with us. Next up is Yeah, we talked about this a moment ago, Show Brothers Classics Volume eight. I'm sure you're not keeping up with them. Have you gotten any of the Shop Brothers box sets from them? Because they are pricey?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a single one, but I'm like, ah, and then they'll go and sale but still be like ninety five dollars or one hundred and ten and I'm like, no, I can't, but I want to.
Speaker 2: These are great because again, like we said earlier, there is no cross, no crossover with like arrow stuff. There's sometimes like some stuff that's been in an imprint. Box or something like that. But this is not something that the same two companies can't release the same films in the same territory unless there's some special deal, and there's not on this. So this one has a Return of the Sentimental Swordsmen, Perils of the Sentimental Swordsman, The Duel of the Century, The Emperor and his Brother, Ambitious Kung Fu Girl, which is supposed to be like really great, The Treasure Hunters, Cat Versus Rat, Ghost Galore, The Enchantress, New Tales of the Flying Fox, Return of the Bastard Swordsman. Secret Service of the Imperial Court is the last film on here and again all of the films have new commentaries. All of the films have inner using archival extras. They are doing very well to give these the love that they can. These look great.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 2: Another great movie. December ninth, Shout is putting out a four K steel book of Black Christmas from nineteen seventy four. If only they would do the two thousand and six version, but they have not yet. This is probably the It's a great movie. I love Black Christmas or Black Xmas whatever, Okay, yeah, I love this movie. This is I think the best shout Art this month. I really want this poster, but there's no way in hell I'm buying this movie for like the ninth time. This is by far, in my opinion, at least, the best poster they've done in a while. M Big Fan, December sixteenth, four K from Shoutcoming of Leaving Las Vegas from nineteen nine. Uh. There is only a four K disk in this. The Blu ray was released by Sandpiper Pictures recently, so they cannot release it on Blu ray. There's a new audio commentary on here by the director Mike Figus, and that is the only thing that they have added. Yeah, good movie, uh Nicholas Cage, Elizabeth Shoe, any thoughts?
Speaker 3: Never saw it?
Speaker 2: KB. If you're being serious, you're You're beautiful and I love you.
Speaker 3: U.
Speaker 2: Jaden in the chat says Black Black xbas and he do the two big Christmas horror films. We desperately need four k's four I think Black Exobists would look incredible on four K. Give us a good four uh four K HDR scan of that. Oh man, that'd be beautiful. I saw P two, what'd you think of it?
Speaker 3: It's okay?
Speaker 2: And in will parlance, that means it's pretty damn good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, Jaden is saying you can't get those two on physical media, but hey, at least we have two front teeth. But just so you know, Black Aximists did come out on Blu Ray in Germany and it's region free and English friendly and you should buy it. It's a good disc Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Will you know what they call it in Germany? Tell me swats Christmas?
Speaker 2: I don't know German. I'm assuming that's the word for black. December sixteenth, we are getting David Cronenberg's Rabbid on four K nineteen seventy seven's Armpits Horror Rabbit. I love this movie. There is literally very little new on this There is one thing, there's an interview with Violet Luca, author of David Cronenberg Clinical Trials, but that is it. How do you feel about Rabbit and the pantheon of Cronenberg.
Speaker 3: I'm a big fan. I don't really rank his films because they're so different.
Speaker 2: They're so different. He's got different eras.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I tend to love the early eras the most.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And Rabbit's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rabbit's fantastic. Have you never seen it check out. I am very hopeful about how this can look on four K, and I think I've got all the other Kronabergs on four K, so I'm gonna have to do this one as well at some point. Good movie, very good movie, a movie that I've not seen. December twenty third, they're putting out a four K here in the US as their shout select line of Cloud Atlas from twenty twelve, the Tom Hanks and Halle Berry film Have you seen Cloud? Out lists will because I'm very curious what you think of this.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 2: So this is a to say it's polarizing, and that's not a play on the polar Express, it would be an understatement. Some people say this is a beautiful masterpiece, and other people literally say this is the worst movie ever made. Supposedly it's a very complex film. I would love to check it out's done by the Wachowski's. There is not much on here. Sadly you got a three disc set. There is oh I forgot that this was on here, so maybe there is. There's a unique feature length looking back at the film, hosted by John Donna Huan, including brand new interviews with a bunch of people associated with it. A whole bunch. Actually that sounds like a lot. Hey, I mean that's all that's on here and some archival featurettes. But I kind of want to see this if.
Speaker 3: You know where the rest of the extras are.
Speaker 2: In the clouds in the cloud. I did not mean to steal that thunder. That was terrible.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I need to check this out. Aaron says it's a gorgeous film, though worth seeing. I never seen it, but always been intrigued, says Paul. Need to see it again, says Vance, but I remember it being challenging. Patty Boyce says it's a weird movie. I love it. Uh Sib says they managed to send to make a complicated book an even more complicated movie. Uh oh oh ye.
Speaker 3: Aye.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Two different slipcovers and posters if you buy from their website, or you can just get the Floating Heads one if you buy anywhere else. Uh. Next up, this is kind of worrying. December ninth, they're putting out a four K steel book of The Gray from twenty eleven, Liam Neeson's The Gray.
Speaker 3: Now that's funny. I think Liam Neeson's way funnier at The Gray than in the make of Gun.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious. But this is only getting a steel book release. This is not getting a standard release at least that they've announced yet, which I really don't want to see exclusive steel book only releases. Please, we definitely don't want to get stuck with that choice. I don't love the art on this one. This is a movie that the first time I tried to watch this, my wife and I were on a road trip on our honeymoon and this was streaming and we were like, hey, let's let's try The Gray. By the way, not a great honeymoon movie.
Speaker 3: No, I suppose not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, weird, weird choice. Thankfully it didn't stay on very long. Next up, man, this is this is a weird art choice. December twenty third, they're putting out a four K steel book of Tales from the Dark Side. If you buy it from their website, you can get a full poster art of this crazy vector art choice.
Speaker 3: The first time I saw it, I thought it was a new edition of House.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes a lot more sense. How does this make sense for Tales from the Dark Side? No shouts. Art choices lately are crazy.
Speaker 3: That's a representation of what's in there? Is it the I mean, there's a cat.
Speaker 2: Here's the cat. The most simplistic way to say that, You know what's crazy. We're still not done with out yet. There's still more here. The next up. This is a website exclusive. This is a Blu ray box set. Even though they put the UHD logo on the side of the box on this mockup, it is not UHD, just Blu ray. And this is Hong Kong Cinema Classics Line, the release of Hong Kong New Wave Essentials from nineteen eighty five to nineteen ninety, including zero new wave film by zero new wave directors. They just needed to apply a title to it. This includes Painted Faces, The Story of My Son, Women, and that is it. Those three films. You got new extras on all of these, all kinds of extras, brand new commentaries, brand new interviews, brand new looking backs, new featurettes, all kinds of stuff. I love that they're giving nice releases for even some of these, like underseen type of films. But two of these, in particular Painted Faces and Women are supposed to be great. Are these any that you've seen before?
Speaker 3: Sir, No, I'm very intrigued by this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like the website exclusive aspect, but I get they got to make their money off of it, so understandable. Next up that wanted steel book that was a Walmart exclusive previously and I can buy it anywhere. Nothing new on that. That will be available on December second, and then December ninth they're doing a four K steel book over Written thirteen.
Speaker 3: None of that cover looks great black.
Speaker 2: Nothing new on these, but if you buy it from their website you can get a rolled poster of that artwork as will shout.
Speaker 3: It out Choking a Chicken.
Speaker 2: Absolutely all right? That is eight per shout.
Speaker 3: The Chronicle of Red Dick.
Speaker 2: December eighth, there is a four K release over in the UK from All the Anime of Perfect Blue from nineteen ninety seven. Wonderful, wonderful movie. This is going to have a four K disc, a Blu ray disc, and then an extra Blu ray disc that we're going to talk about. The bonus disc is actually really cool, something that people have wanted for quite some time. It is the full length to Toshi Khan lecture that's almost two hours long, offering up a comprehensive study and breakdown of the film from the director himself. This will be in a rigid slipcase. We'll have one hundred and thirty two page book with a bunch of artwork, character designs, all kinds of stuff, and then ten art cards with visuals from the movie and a replica quad poster. This is a really fun release for an absolutely beautiful movie, Perfect Blue.
Speaker 3: Will I'm just looking at the cover of the book and thinking how funny would it be to read that on a park bench.
Speaker 2: Just walking by in Central Park.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I remember seeing Perfect Blue a long time ago. Yeah, animation, I don't remember very little of it, except the animation was quite impressive.
Speaker 2: It's a good movie. It's quite violent, damn good story about stocking pop band and it's very good. Yeah. Love it.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Talking about Trauma again. In early December, Refuse Films over in the UK is releasing their second round of trum Archive releases, and these are wild. Now we should preface this to say some of these we already know are getting a four K release here in the US. The others likely will eventually. I mean, we were talking about Vinegar Syndrome putting out four k's of Trauma stuff more and more. So these are not going to be the highest video quality. However, the extras on these are where they shine, because no one will ever pack as much into a disc as Refuse is doing on these. So the first one is Class of Newcomb High from nineteen eighty six. Now this we got a two K scan of the director's cut in HD, the nineteen ninety seven director's cut in the original aspect ratio, nineteen eighty seven Devil's Poison High School Japanese cut in original aspect ratio, multiple audio commentaries, lots of deleted scenes, USA Network up, all night TV scenes, Lloyd coop an interview from this year and from twenty twelve, and then stuff from nineteen ninety six all the way up through twenty twenty. Tons of stuff that's coming on here, TV spots, trailers. All I need to know about filmmaking I learned from The Toxic Avenger from Lloyd Kaufman, Troma Team, Video, nukeom Intro, Tromobill High School, Digital Excess, all kinds of other stuff. These are region free classic Neukom High. How do you feel about this one? Will?
Speaker 3: It's an important statement in the early environmental movement, big huge.
Speaker 2: Fan great great, great movie. Yeah, I absolutely love it. Next up from them is a classic. Also coming in that round is Franken Hooker. This has a two K scan of the director's cut and HD SD director's cut and the original aspect ratio SD workprint cut, which is a VHS rip in the original aspect ratio. Multiple commentaries, three of them, to be quite honest on that. We've got interviews from two thousand and six, twenty eleven, two thousand, featurets from ninety six, ninety seven, eighty nine, all kinds of stuff. Franken Hooker, trailer tape, video gallery, so much on here again, region free. You can pick this up right now, will Franken Hooker is a film that you teach Franken Hooker is a film that you love. Tell me why this one's so special? What are you laughing at?
Speaker 3: Well, it's kind of like it's you know, it's an art film. It's like Poor Things.
Speaker 2: It is a lot like Poor Things.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The four K for this is coming in the US from Synaps. Eventually. They have announced that we don't know when it could be tomorrow that they announced it. It could be in twenty twenty nine. Sadly, So yeah, that's essay, MS does it? Patty Boy wants to know, does anybody know if we'll ever get Tales from the Crypt or is streaming anywhere? We do know that Tales from the Crypt was filmed on film and then it was edited on tape, so the odds of them paying somebody to recreate all of that properly is not very high. They could release the same version that they put out on the DVD before, but it looked not great. I think they were streaming on HBO Max at some point, not sure if they still are. That's it Tails from the Crypt. Finally, from this Trum Archive collection is nineteen ninety nine's Decampitated. I've never seen this one? Will have you seen this one? How do you feel about this one?
Speaker 3: It is as advertised, what you imagine is what you will get.
Speaker 2: Is this what you get? Because this is on the back of the cover. This is the inner art. Lots of extras on this twenty twenty five HD remaster in original open Matt aspect ratio. You got multiple commentary or sorry one cop Mary. Lots of interviews, including a brand new Lloyd Coffin interview on this one. The original Decampitated sales trailer. What else was here? There was something I was excited about. Truma's Edge TV episode six of twenty from two thousand. I love that they're including that the can E coverage Sex on the Riviera from nineteen ninety eight, Truma Basement, episode six of sixteen Short Films music video. Lots of stuff coming on here, literally so much. It's like six hours worth. I'm going way too far. Hello, I meant to go back on the pictures and I went too far. Yeah, I'm not seen Decampitated, and Will seems to not love it very much, so I don't know. It's all right, all right, let's keep going. Pride and Prejudice from the two thousand and five is getting a four K release on November twenty fifth from Universal. If you really love this movie, it is getting this twentieth anniversary gift set. This will have a forty two page disc book, including a forward written by the director and then excerpts from the cast and crew. Looks like a really nice release of this film, But if you are not into the super super fancy release, which looks like it will be the size of the A twenty four Did You Books? The kind of big ones. They are also doing a standard four K that sound when I when I mentioned this, have you seen this? And do you love this?
Speaker 3: I'm more into the Colin Hanks version.
Speaker 2: That is surprising. If that is true.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I mean it's you know, any rainy weekend, I could just pop in dis Too and drink tea and have a day. I haven't seen the Kira Knightley Pride and Prejudice.
Speaker 2: It's it's a pretty great movie. If you like this story, I think you'll love this movie.
Speaker 3: I'll take your word for it.
Speaker 2: Next up, we mentioned Imprint and their Golden Princess stuff. We finally got some details sort of starting in February, they are putting out four K steel books of City on Fire, Peaking op Sorry, Peaking Opera, Blues, and a Chinese Ghost Story trilogy. Now what's interesting here Shout did not release the Chinese Ghost Story on four K. They only released on Blu Ray, and Imprint is seemingly saying here that they're going to put it on a four K steel book, which means Imprint maybe the way to go by then. I would think we might have an announcement from Arrow on it. Since we know that title is ready. I imagine if Imprint can do four K, Arrow is likely going to do four K. It's just kind of silly that shout. The one that paid all the money to license all these titles did not go for four K, but other people are. It's gonna be crazy. Stan says, how lady, you guys going tonight? Any idea It'll be at least another hour and a half or so. Stan, if not longer, it's gonna be a long one will decided to leave. October twenty eighth, we are getting a four K Steele book in the US here from Disney of Edward Scissorhands from nineteen ninety Tim Burton film. No new extras on this one, but I imagine this one is going to look incredible on four K. This is going to be getting a overseas release as well, and that usually at least lately, has meant that that will get a standard four K over in the UK. No confirmation on that yet, but this this release is high on my list. I love this movie, Big Vincent Price film. It's obviously his last film, one that people love. There is a wonderful performance here from Johnny Depp and why Nona Writer, truly love this. One of Tim Burton's best top four or five at least, which is saying a lot. He's made some decent movies and some not decent movies. I wanted to know what Will thought of Itward Scissor Hands, but I think we're going to miss it. Oh Will, what do you think of Edward Scissorhans. I think you're still muted before you start talking, and definitely still muted. Yeah, what you want, Edward Scissor Hans, What do you think of this?
Speaker 3: Oh? My gosh. You know. One of Anthony Michael Hall's standout performances.
Speaker 2: Is that, just like Halloween Kills.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's Halloween Kills. I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: Anthony Michael Hall is in Halloween Kills saying evil dies tonight about eight hundred and forty seven times.
Speaker 3: Oh well, it's basically what he says in Edward Scissor Hans.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you put your microphone in your throat to talk. It is quite loud. Now I think you turned up the game all right. Continuing on December ninth, there's a Blu ray coming in the US from Classic Flicks of Laurel and Hardy. The Restored Features Volume one from nineteen thirty one and thirty two. This has part in Us and Pack Up Your Troubles on the discs. On the bonus features, which a lot of people were curious if they were going to have any bonus features. Not a lot of on here, like new stuff that was produced, but they are archiving some things. We got an opening title sequence of the preview version of pardon Us featuring the talking titles with the Crane Twins. There's also never before seen alternate ending for pardon Us with no audio, and then a pardon Us alternate audio track without incidental music. I've never loved Laurel and Hardy. How do you feel about Laurel and Hardy?
Speaker 8: Will?
Speaker 3: I love Laurel and Hardy understandable?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Okay, why not?
Speaker 2: I don't know, just not my style.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's smart enough for you.
Speaker 2: It's not true. I'll love the Three Stooges. I love the condescending laugh The Shout Factory. October sale is live. This runs until October fifteenth at eleven to fifty nine pm. I'm gonna be honest, not great prices. These are basically like Amazon level prices that you can get year round that they're like, hey, come and buy these. And now the big thing is last year, when you watched the sales, prices be a little lower and you went into the sale, you could get some pretty decent gifts. They were giving stuff away if you spent one hundred dollars. And now if you spend one hundred dollars on this sale, you get an exclusive enamel pin. But wait, if you spend one hundred and fifty dollars, they'll let you choose between an enamel pin and a toe bag. You don't get both, you get to choose.
Speaker 3: Well, you know how I feel about.
Speaker 10: This is.
Speaker 2: Really embarrassing for Shout, So not great, terrible sale. Moving on, Barbarella is finally getting a four K release over in the UK on December eighth. This is coming from Paramount. It has basically no extras compared to the US release from Arrow. It has a retro sticker sheet, which Arrow didn't have, so that's a win. It's got reproduction Alpha one sign, rigid board slipcase and a C card fold out one sheet poster times three, three collectible coasters, six art cards, and a capacity wallet. As far as special features, it gets a trailer.
Speaker 3: What capacity wallet.
Speaker 8: No clue.
Speaker 2: This is an awful release compared to the US release. I do feel bad for people over in the UK that don't import, because the Arrow release of Barbarella is incredible, and yeah, you should be able to access it. If you can even get the standard, it's still great. If you're listening to this and you're like, ooh, Barbarilla, the Arrow release is amazing. You can play the four K disc anywhere. It's region free. I think even the Blu ray in this is region free as well. Great movie. Good restoration looks really good, all right. November twenty eighth, Curzone over in the UK is releasing a four K release of the complete gen Vigo from nineteen thirty to nineteen thirty four. This has the entire filmography. I'm not even going to try to pronounce these titles because I'm terrible at French. Four K restoration completed by Gaumont and some other cinematics helping them. As far as extras, this is going to be in a rigid slipcase with a digipak. You've got some image gallery, second versions, first versions, all kinds of stuff coming in this interviews with a couple of individuals related to these. You've got a short film by Guy Madden. You've got feature length doc from nineteen sixty four. Look at the differences and versions, more short films, an intro by Martin Scorsese, all kinds of stuff. I have never seen any of these, and I feel like Will is about to school me. Can you tell me anything about these, sir?
Speaker 3: They're great?
Speaker 2: Whereas the French would say bowl they're fromage. That was a joke. Tell me about them because obviously this person died very young, right, is that the story here?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: Will, a month ago you spoke at length on literally everything, stuff that we weren't even talking about tonight. I'm getting yep. I don't want to go that fast. I want to learn too. That's why people watch you.
Speaker 3: Jean Vigo is an important filmmaker who died very and unfortunately left small body of work. He's very influentials, thus the Madden short Stylistically, you know, yeah, what can I say? I mean, all the films are beautiful. They're experimental with the form. They're less about story and more about presenting life. You know, it's they're great, They're beautiful.
Speaker 2: You see what Brendan says sarcastically. We finally bullied Will into quiet submission. Great work, team, That's what I'm feeling this. This criisone release to me is saying that Criterion is likely going to put out a four K of their box set now that these have all been restored in four K. However, the Criterion release will not have anywhere near the extras that this does. This is on my must at this point. Everybody that I trust is saying that this is a muss and the extras just sound absolutely incredible, so I will need to check this out. We got some announcements from eighty eight Films first December. Actually, I think all of these are December fifteenth. This is over in the UK a blu ray of Full Moon's Crash and Burn from nineteen ninety starring Bill Moseley. This just got a US release from Full Moon themselves. Audio commentary from the director, Charles Band and Bill Moseley on this. Dave Wayne and Maddie Bouderitz are doing another commentary on this one, making a blooper real all that similar stuff. You're a full Moon guy, how do you feel about Crash and Burn? I imagine you've seen this one.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so much fun. Well, oh my god, truth and advertising.
Speaker 2: I do want to point out my wife rarely watches these things. I got a text from my wife. Let's see, it's been thirty minutes ago, she says, Will is not even paying attention tonight. I can hear the awkward pauses through the floor.
Speaker 3: I'm paying you very close attention.
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's quite funny, all right.
Speaker 3: Very tired. I don't know if you've ever seen me tired before. Usually I'm so energetic.
Speaker 2: Are you? I have seen you tired countless times?
Speaker 3: Countless.
Speaker 2: I was literally forced to buy you coffee multiple days in a row.
Speaker 3: I didn't force you to buy any coffee.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah you did.
Speaker 3: Oh, now that I know how you feel about it, I.
Speaker 2: Said it then it wasn't a secret. People are gonna think this is real, all right. Next nineteen seventy four, is Craze.
Speaker 3: Coming a coffeemaker in their house.
Speaker 2: I've got one. You wanted Starbucks.
Speaker 3: You don't have Starbucks.
Speaker 2: That's where I bought your coffee.
Speaker 3: It's well known as Starbucks. Boycott's Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Craig's's dads are fighting nineteen thirty four is Craze with Jack Palance. Lots of Jack Palents on the cover of this one. I have never seen craze. Have you seen this one?
Speaker 3: No, this is gonna be great.
Speaker 2: I really like the art that eighty eight Films is leaning into. Sean Longmoor does some really good stuff on his pieces. Well, let's talk about the the The major news from eighty eight Films. Major nineteen ninety seven's The Hyena by Joe Demato getting a Blu ray release as part of the Italian collection. A late entry into Myo's long and infamous career, The Hyena mixes erotic tension with neon noir intrigue, delivering a provocative thriller that blurs the line between pleasure and peril. We got a new audio commentary with Troy Howard and Eugenio or Klani on this one. There's an interview with the the dubbing director Mark Thompson Ashworth.
Speaker 3: That guy did some work, he did.
Speaker 2: There's an interview with the actor and writer David Dinjao, and then a visual essay by friend of the channel and other YouTuber the Many of you might have seen Sam Dunkley, who is film blogger Sam. Many of you have seen him in the discord if you're part of the Disconnected Patreon. And then finally, a visual essay by will Dodson and Ryan Verel tell us about the Hyena.
Speaker 3: Will Well, first of all, I love the description of this movie, which is truth quite forgiving, truthful in a sense. It was that line I told the truth, but it was still a lie. Yeah, you know, I'm a big fan of Joe Demato. I was always hopeful that we get to do something on a Demato film, and it's hilarious that this was the film, uh, which may well have been the last one he made before fully turning to hardcore pornography. Uh. And speaking of hardcore pornography, our visual essay is an exploration of hyenas in mythology and biology. Yeah, it's about the symbolism of the hyena.
Speaker 2: In lots of different ways, lots of genuinely lots of hyenas in our visual essay.
Speaker 3: I am way more, way more hyenas in the essay than from the film. In the film, You're you're not gonna believe this spoiler alert. No hyenas, not a single one unless it's a metaphor Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this movie is a wild one. If you know Joe Tomato, you still might not even know the Hyena this is. This is a notorious one, one that I never imagined would get a boutique release in the year twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize it was gonna have all these extra extra Like, holy cow.
Speaker 2: They got multiple new interviews, a commentary and two visual essays on the Hyena. Will Joe Dematta's The Hyena got five new extras produced for it, and that is almost as much as went into this film. It feels like and Will is choking, so I'm gonna keep going. Yeah, by thehena Hyena. Check it out. This is a UK only release. I cannot wait to see our visual essay on the disc on the big screen because, oh man, there's some funny stuff that we do.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I thought, so let's talk about first, we're gonna be getting into some adult films.
Speaker 2: The first one is a Melu scene releasing The Fireworks Woman from their Quality X line. And if you recognize this title, that's because this is the meat on a weird sandwich that Wes Craven made in between two crazy films. This came between Last House on the Left and the Hills Have Eyes, And we get his adult film here, The Fireworks Woman, one that has been rumored to be able to be on a HD for a long time and it's finally here. Pretty big deal for them. We get a new visual essay by Craven biographer and friend of the channel Joseph Madri on the complicated history of The Fireworks Woman and his creator. New interview with the Friend collaborator Roy Frump gets detailing is time spent on the set of The Fireworks Woman, as well as recutting the film trailers and stuff like that. Will talk to us about The Fireworks Woman, since you are a Craven expert.
Speaker 3: Oh, very excited. In fact, it's funny. I just talked to Joe this week and he told me about filming this interview, but he wasn't sure if it was going to be released tomorrow or December or like two years from now. So perfect that it came to be released just a few days after. Yeah, this is kind of a missing link in Wes Craven's filmography. Wes is in the film does not do adult stuff, but he does play this kind of like prankster character that messes with people's visions of reality, you know. And yeah, the dreams and family traumas, as per usual, are the main themes this film, which stars the world famous Eric Edwards.
Speaker 2: Wonderful. This is something that again has been discussed for a long time. Kind of shocked that it's here. This is not something I really expected. But yeah, when I heard this was coming, I was quite ecstatic for fans of Wes. Next up, staying in that same vein yet the Violation of Claudia and Hot Honey double feature. And if you don't know, this is directed by Bill Lustig, owning a blue underground and director of quite a few movies that we've talked about in the past. This one is newly scanned, restored, and two K from their OCNS. We had two feature length commentaries with William Lustig and Nicholas winding Refin recorded the commentaries with him. We got original trailers for both an audio podcast with William Lustig. Any thoughts on Claudia or Hot Honey?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got well, you know, I picked it up because I was curious of being a Lustig film. I've got a DVD of Violation of Claudia somewhere so this is.
Speaker 2: You muted yourself. You're gonna have to press the button on the screen now that you muted that.
Speaker 3: As I was saying, the violation of Claudia is you know, a sleazy bill lustic movie, and I can get into that all right.
Speaker 2: Next up from Melusine, also as part of their Quality X line is Inside Jennifer Wells. I cannot wait to see why we'll made that face, but we'll talk about that in a moment. This is from nineteen seventy seven. Lots of censoring on the back of this slip cover. This one is going to be by Joe Sarno, which is a big deal, big name in the industry. Newly scanned, restored in four K from the original thirty five nag. We've got box ball short film trailers, image gallery, liner notes with booklet with Ashley West from the rialto Report and then Jennifer Wells podcast is featured on the rialto Report. This seemed like a must as well. I love what Ashley has done with the male You scene releases.
Speaker 3: Yeah, triple feature with the big name directors this month.
Speaker 2: Huge from Mali You Scene. Yeah. They're also putting out a shirt for Inside Jennifer Well as you can check that out as well. And we're going to talk about the VS releases in just a moment. But I'm gonna skip forward just a couple and then we'll come back to this. We're gonna skip forward to this Men from the Gutter. This is now available as part of the VSA line and there's a booklet in this featuring the one and only Miss Erica Schultz. What how are we doing? Hello, it's been a long time. Glad you're here.
Speaker 10: It's been a while. I'm up past my bedtime, so pardon my.
Speaker 2: Eric is here because she is on this release. But also, you got something pretty rad about to happen with the Miskatonic University.
Speaker 9: Yes, I have a course that I'm going to be teaching as part of their fall schedule November eighteenth. It's about child kills and film. So they reached out to me. I was they're scrape in the bottom of the barrel. They really are, Like you realize there are people like doctor Dodson who have written true academic books about like Toby Hooper, and you're reaching out to me for this, So there is no justice in this world.
Speaker 5: Will I apologize, But.
Speaker 3: I think I'd rather come to your class.
Speaker 9: So, yeah, the tickets are on sale for it now. It's about two hour class. But hi Craig, but you know it is going to be like I think it's like two pm in the afternoon. But if you get a ticket, you can still watch the replay later on, So please get a.
Speaker 2: Ticket, Slee, And it's cheap. I signed up pretty much immediately when you posted it. I've got it literally marked on the calendar. Cannot wait to watch it. It's I think it was less than like ten Bucks absolutely support Eric to show them that they made the right choice in bringing her on. Did you prepare differently for this or was it literally just I wrote the book, I could just get to talk about dead kids for two hours.
Speaker 9: No, I have to put together a PowerPoint for it. So it's like I'm it's like I'm back at work. I mean, I am back.
Speaker 10: At work, but I'm like, you know, having to put a power point together.
Speaker 9: So I mean a lot of it is just transferring, you know, the information from the book into that. Like you know, as you guys were talking earlier, I was working on my my blondes with Pigtails slide.
Speaker 10: So you know, just things like that.
Speaker 9: I do feel like I'm diving a little bit more into some of the ideas about parental anxieties and you know, likelihood of children getting killed that sort of thing versus they know depending on are they a mutant kid, are they just an evil kid?
Speaker 10: And who's killing them? And that sort of thing.
Speaker 9: So there is something even if you have the book, even if you've read the book, there'll there'll be something new in there.
Speaker 10: Those folks too.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I said it when introducing it, but your course with Miss Katonic, anybody can can register for this. You don't have to be near the school. You can see it virtually. I'm nowhere near the school, and I still sign up immediately. It's ten bucks, and you can watch it for like I think it's forty eight or seventy two hours after the event, so you're not locked into any specific time. Great deal for two hours of talking about dead kids. I thinks if you're watching any movies about dead kids or movies where children are killed, the odds are high that those are horror movies. And if you're watching horror movies in October, you should be participating in Unsung Horror's Charity Drive, which is Horror Gives Back and you do a completely different category for every day in October, and yeah, tell us about Horror Gives Back, so everybody can go participate and donate money in your.
Speaker 10: Name, not in our name. This is I mean, we have, we did some up. Yes, there is for it. So this is our sixth year where we.
Speaker 9: Created this charity challenge where we basically said, hey, donate a dollar or more or really just whatever you can. If it's a flat amount, if it's five bucks total, that's totally fine, but the general idea is a dollar or more per horror movie that you watch in October. We do have a fundraiser setup through Best Friends Animal Society. I'm sure Ryan can share the link for it. But yeah, we have a lot of fun categories. We have a Stelvio Chipriani category this year. We have a Toby Hooper category this year. I just saw The Funhouse at the theater. I love it every more more every time I see it. I don't generally do rewatches, but it's a busy month so doing that. We have an Animal attacks category, so lots of options back there for you.
Speaker 10: But yeah, so it's gonna run till the end of the month.
Speaker 9: The fundraiser itself will be open until November second or third. I think I set it up for and you know, in years past we've raised you know, thousands of dollars for Best Friends Animal Society.
Speaker 10: So participate if you can.
Speaker 9: I know times are tough right now, they are for me as well, but I think you know, if you can, please do.
Speaker 2: Uh what is your like? Uh, You're most looking forward to the theme day on the calendar this year because I always look at the calendar you guys put out and love it.
Speaker 9: I mean hard to say we didn't we did. I mean there's always the sweetest taboo and like an unsung horror rule that we do. I do try to do new watches. I mean, I'm gonna probably just go My nineteen seventies is generally my favorite decade. I am looking forward to my South Korea pick this year, though, which you know should be fun. So but you know, the closer you get to Halloween, we try to get a little bit more close to like, you know, the gothic stuff and the hammer horror and stuff like that.
Speaker 10: So Hail Satan's always fun. Leading Skull is always fun. I can't pick one.
Speaker 2: I like them all. I always like the.
Speaker 9: There like he puts it together. I have zero artistic skills whatsoever. If I did it, it would be like, you know, stick figures of Vincent Price.
Speaker 10: We stick figure with a little mustache.
Speaker 2: I'm so stoked to see that PowerPoint presentation.
Speaker 9: That's why it's going to be. Yeah, it's all stick figures. It's all just you know, kids lying on the ground and pool of blood.
Speaker 2: That's perfect, perfect h anything else on Some Horrors. Obviously, everybody needs to go subscribe to the podcast if you haven't. It's one of my favorite shows, ones I've loved for a long time. But you want to talk about an upcoming episode.
Speaker 10: Yeah, upcome. We're covering the Phantom.
Speaker 9: Of Hollywood from nineteen seventy four, I think. And then we'll have my October pick and then we'll have no Rules of November, which hopefully we're having a returning guest come back. It's been a few years since he's been on, so we'll see if we can get schedules to work out for that.
Speaker 10: I'll be on a couple of podcasts as a guest spot.
Speaker 9: I can't say what they are yet because they haven't announced them yet, and one of them is a comeback podcast, so I'm excited for them. But yeah, that's and we generally wind down for December, and I'm probably gonna take some time off after putting together a fifty slide power plant.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if this stresses you out or will make you feel good, but I wanted to say still every single month I get DMS asking if there is any way I know of a place to buy The Sweetest Taboo. Obviously you've been sold out for quite some time. Is there a chance that people can buy the first book soon? Which, by the way, if you've not heard Eric, you're working on a second book, right, Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I am working on volume two.
Speaker 9: I'm I'm more than halfway done writing it. And a lot of that was because I was unemployed for ten months, so what else was I going to do? So there is a possibility that there will be a reprint, and that's basically the plan, you know, depending on how it works out, and you know, what printing option I end up going with, you know, depending on the degree.
Speaker 10: To which the world is on fire.
Speaker 9: When that point even happens, We'll see I'm not saying it's off the table, but I would discourage folks from buying from you know, third party sites for exorbitant amounts of money, Like I just not because I'm not getting any part of it, Like I don't care about that. Like, if you really want the book, then fine. But I'm saying that there is a possibility that I'll do a reprint and then later on if I don't, then you can, you know, shake your fist at me and go on eBay and find a copy, I guess.
Speaker 10: But so not.
Speaker 9: Anytime soon though, because like I said, I'm I'm only about halfway done with volume two. If I do a reprint of the first one, that's going to coincide with the print of the new books.
Speaker 10: So ideally, what I would like to happen is for the.
Speaker 9: Crowdfunding to have like a combination tier where it's like, Okay, you missed out on the book last time, here's a chance for you to get both kind of thing. So but again that would have to be I'd have to get a certain number of people, and right now I only have like thirty people on my wait list, so I'm like, demand really that high.
Speaker 10: And I don't have the money to reprint it on my own, and.
Speaker 9: I don't think I just don't think that there's enough interest for me to even set up a GoFundMe to do a reprint right now. Plus I wouldn't right now anyway, because I don't even know what would happen if I were to get them printed in Czech Republic again.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm rambling, well, ramble about Men from the Gutter. Why should people buy this release? And tell us about what your contribution is.
Speaker 9: I love love Men from the Gutter. It's Shaw Brothers, like really gritty crime film. I you know, as much as I love the stuff that's on Shaw Brothers soundstage and you know the you know those beautiful films. I love stuff like this and this what I contributed to. This was actually a video.
Speaker 10: Essay for.
Speaker 9: About the star of it, Jason pie Piao, who I love.
Speaker 10: He's one of my favorite sort of just.
Speaker 9: Go to from the Shaw stable who can just insert himself into the like the grimy crime streets of Hong Kong and then like the next, you know, the next movie, I see him and he's just in a wujah movie and you know, hamming it up and I just I love him so much, so I was.
Speaker 10: Really happy to be able to contribute to this. I think it's a really unique film for Shaw Brothers.
Speaker 9: I know you guys talked about, you know, the Arrow Set earlier from that's going to be mostly like horror and sci fi stuff and something like this I think is just this kind of There are plenty of crime films within Shaw Brothers, like they have the whole criminal series, like the anthology films and things like that, but this one, I think this is probably my favorite of this genre that came out of Shaw Brothers.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: You've you've stepped up production on a bunch of stuff. You've had multiple contributions over the last few months. Any any of those that you want to shout out or see if anybody are interested in?
Speaker 9: Uh oh, I wasn't prepared for this. Now you're test of my memory.
Speaker 3: What is I.
Speaker 9: Let's see, I have a booklet essay and the cinematograph release of Mixed Blood and booklet essay and Happy.
Speaker 10: Hell Night and Arbor Day. And tell me you're gonna ask me this, Ryan, I don't remember. I know I have like.
Speaker 9: There's been a few like Hong Kong releases like the Iron Angels set that I have an essay in, and then I've got a few that haven't been announced yet, but also Hong Kong that I'm really excited about too. Lance and I actually just finished up our second commentary together recently, so.
Speaker 10: I'm not sure again when these things get announced. Sometimes it's a year, sometimes it's a month.
Speaker 9: So hard to say. But I wouldn't say, like, you know, pick it up because I'm on it. I would say, you know, pick up. I would say pick up Men from the Gutter just because it's a fantastic movie in that it's one well worth watching multiple times and introducing your friends to.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: One that may have been missing if people are just going to support because it's Erica and you want to time to die from film movement, I think is one that probably got overlooked.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yes, that one.
Speaker 9: I was really excited to get to contribute to that one because I finally got to flex my English LID degree and write about the Latin boom movement and its connection to you know, the Mexican film industry at that time. It was the film itself was co written by Gabrielle Garcia Marquez, So I talk a lot about him in the essay, as well as Carlos Fontes and you know some of the other films in that genre. And that one was a lot of fun just because I got to, like, you know, English geek out for a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for hanging out and telling everybody about everything. I know that you got to go to sleep.
Speaker 9: So like one step away, already got like my like face washed, like ready next step and then in bed.
Speaker 10: So yeah, I'm thank you for having me back on.
Speaker 9: I'll try to be back for like a full length one, but I'm you know, slowly getting.
Speaker 2: My groove back, and I don't like being on camera anyway, so I understand. I'll send you some caffeine pills and we'll get that scheduled.
Speaker 10: All right, sounds good, Have a.
Speaker 2: Good night, Good luck with the class, good luck with everything. I'm glad that you're getting back into it. Thanks, Thanks, have a good one. So surprised will Yeah, everybody please go support Unsung Whores and Erica and Lance and all that they do. There's multiple releases coming out with them on it. But yeah, we'll talk more about Men from the Gutter in just a second. But it's cool that she's got everything going on right now. Specifically, the Miscotonic course is going to be great. I'm already registered for that. And then the big thing, Horror gives back in October. As many titles as you watch that are Horror donate at least a dollar to their fundraiser, and then they make a big announcement for how much was raised through their link at the end of the month. And it's always cool. It's always cool to participate, so check it out. All right. So we talked about this earlier in the night, but Vinegar Syndrome is releasing a four K of Tromeo and Juliet and this thing is freaking stuff to the gills. Four commentaries, a new conversation with Lloyd Kaufman, new featurette with Will Keenan and Jane Jensen, new featurette with de Wi Rashan, Tiffany Shepis and Valentine meal Are. There's the sporting cast of Tromo and Juliet, and that one new featurette with the producers. Tons of archival extras, forty page perfect bound book with essays by Heather Drain, Bill Bria, Jesse Burberg. It's got one of the hard box releases around this Johnny Rotten Art and yeah, this looks I probably shouldn't show it on YouTube for too long. This just looks absolutely astounding. Will Why is Tromeo and Juliet amazing?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man, Well it's the debut of Tiffany Sheppis.
Speaker 2: That's why good. That's a good reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it was a big step forward I think for Troma, for for Lloyd Kaufman, the first of a string of classics, followed by Terror Firmer and poultry Geist Knight of the Chicken Dead. This is the one movie I've shown that is forced that a student has walked out on. And I mean I've shown Cannibal Holocaust, I've shown so much stuff. This is the only one where I've had to walk out. So that tells you everything you need to know.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, it's it's pretty funny. This is great.
Speaker 3: Uh, it was the it was the incest that got him, the.
Speaker 2: Student everything else, that's what did it.
Speaker 3: Well, you ever know, I don't know what might trigger a person.
Speaker 2: All right. So that is the uh, the big title from VS. But man, they they kind of have an incredible month here. We're gonna be getting into all of it. Next up a four K release of nineteen seventy seven's Ruby Grindhouse film Here four K Dolby Vision HDR. New commentary with David del val and David Everybody in the in the chat will say Dakota, so I'll just say David Dakota. Archival commentaries with Curtis Harrington and Piper Laurie. Another archival commentary with David del Vall again and Nathaniel Bell. New interview with the actor Roger Davis. Do interview with the critic and author Kim Newman on this one. Alternate TV version of Ruby source from video some older archival extras. Yeah, you have you seen Ruby? I feel like this one that you had to have seen.
Speaker 3: I've never seen it. Very wow. Yeah, I was excited about the announcement because it wasn't even on my radar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is this is a big one. I'm quite quite excited to see this again. It's been some time. Next up is a Hammer film. Viniger Cindrom was releasing a four K of the Man Who Could Cheat Death from nineteen fifty nine.
Speaker 3: The Story of Nicky The Story.
Speaker 2: Of Nicky six. You got a two disc set here a newly scanned restored in four K from the Ocena new commentary with Stephen Jones and Kim Newman. Jonathan Rigby speaks on the Man Who Could Cheat Death. There is Vic Pratt speaking on Terrence Fisher, who is the director of this one. Melanie Williams talks about the actress Hazel Court. There's an interview with the uncredited third assistant director Hugh Harlowe. Alternate censored ending in a forty page book with new writing. Incredible look and release, but a vinegar syndrome. Four K Hammer film is a wild thing to see as part of their main line.
Speaker 3: Oh this is a great one too, So.
Speaker 2: All right for those that are collecting the Hammer four K boxes that they're doing again, like I talked about earlier with other stuff, like, hey, this is likely coming now that we see that this got a four K restoration. You know, Hammer is gonna be releasing this in a four K box probably in the next few months, since it's all done and ready to go. They might even have more archival extras. But yeah, I'm pretty sure it will be on the way soon. And then, like we've been speculating for a few months, the four K release of Argento's Sleepless is here. Sleepless is one that many would say is his best film post Opera. This is from two thousand and one. Great cover art by Suspiria Vilchez. Always love her cover art. You've got brand new restoration, you get a commentary with Nathaniel Thompson and Troy Howarth, lots of archival extras that were on the old Scorpion disc. Yeah, this is a decent movie. Not a lot of people would call this their favorite, but one of his better late era Argento's Any thoughts, Willie?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely, I was trying to think of, yeah, this might be his best film after Opera.
Speaker 2: And what else? What else would even be close to that? Really?
Speaker 3: Well, I like this into all syndrome, that's all right, but this one, yeah, really recaptures the style, so I'm very happy to see it.
Speaker 2: Reservoir in the chat is asking are there any Argenta left after this? And funny enough, there's quite a few.
Speaker 3: Actually We've talked before about how i'd really I actually like Jollo his Adrian Brodie film. As far as I know, it still languishes on DVD, and I'm a huge film a huge fan of his TV film. Do you like Hitchcock. I'd like for that to be upgraded. I think those might be the only two that didn't have at least some Blu Ray correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's not many left to go blue and rays. If you're looking for four K, there's quite a few of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we need well opera, I mean not opera. Uh Inferno.
Speaker 2: Inferno is on Blue ray, not four K, and that would be great.
Speaker 3: That'd be the next big four K that we would Yeah, if you're choosing one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh, the the I believe similar. Just sent me a link the text the Hitchcock title is on Blue rays, just not English friendly, so something. Yeah, it means it's quite possible to do on Blue ray at least eventually. So yeah, this is this is cool. We knew that this was likely coming. The Scorpion elements are there that got to release recently. It's all in that same bundle of rights. Oh not not Hitchcock, sorry. Giallo is the one that's on Blu ray already. Next up, we just talked about it with Erica. Men from the Gutter is the next vs A title. It's a Shaw Brothers title. It's a newly Scanner restored in two K. From the OCN new commentary with Sam Degan. There's a new Making Up documentary featuring interviews with the writer Tony Lung. That's pretty damn cool. Hanguah, a couple other actors. Visual essay by Erica Schultz. Like we said, forty page perfect Bend book with writing by Walt Chaw, Ariel Esteband Kaye and Keith Allison. But maybe the most exciting part of this is that at the very top of this cover it says Shosploitation Volume one, which means they got some other stuff like this coming out, which is quite exciting in my opinion. Yeah, silent will as you sure, all right. Next from the cinematograph line, we are getting King of the Gypsies from nineteen seventy eight. This was released previously by Imprint on Blu ray, and now you get a four K here in the US, as they are wont to do lately, Vinegar Center released this in a bundle with a book and it sold out pretty much. I memdiately like the moment went on the site. I think there was one hundred of them and it was gone before you could even realize that there was a book there. This is going to have a two disc set. You get a new audio commentary by Adrian Martin, new video interview with the actor Eric Roberts. You've got a new video essay by Daniel Kramer. On this a two hour long archival interview with Frank Pearson, the director, recorded by the Writers Guild Foundation in two thousand and one. Some other archival interviews. Michael Schlessinger talks about King of the Gypsies new text essay by Jason Bailey. There is quite a lot on here, King of the Gypsies, not one I have seen ever. Have you seen this one?
Speaker 3: No? I haven't, And so this looks great and I like these bundle options since a very nice little innovation being able to select.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as usual, the book that was available in the bundle is still available in other places. You can check that out, so don't worry. It's not like you've lost out. In fact, it's usually cheaper on some other websites, So if you wanted the book, you can still see the pictures on the website and go find out what it is and make your own buddle. Degausser did a couple more of their limited Deluxe led VHS is this first one is Haunted Ween, the next one is the Last Slumber Party, and check them out if you're into VHS. They also have a ton of new merch. We've got this vinegar syndrome pumpkin rot shirt, We've got a vinegar syndrome werewolf shirt, cinematograph skull projector shirt, cinematograph, new metal cinema shirt, vinegar syndrome, fanny pack, vinegar syndrome stickers, and a vinegar syndrome which coozy. Ok, is this the one that made you tilt your head?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was it because of the title or because of the design.
Speaker 3: I just I don't get how it. It just didn't seem to be a set of matagraph brand.
Speaker 2: When I think of Cinematograph, I think of Hailing Satan, that's for sure. They also had a Bagoo collab which I never saw coming. You could get the vinegar syndrome version or you can get the cinematograph version, and these are quite popular with many people. I don't get it, but also kind of crazy that they're reaching out to fashion brands for collaborations on their site.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, let's bag you.
Speaker 2: A very popular hipster type of bag brand. Oh neat, that's all I know. Okay, all right, let's get into some partner labels, because damn, this was a good month for every like Ocian overall had a pretty mind blowing month. I mean when you can put out Bill Lustig Wes Craven, Dario Argento, a trauma film, a Shaw Brothers exploitation film, and you're not even talking about the twenty six partner labels yet, that's freaking insanity. Oh and I forgot to say Joe Sarno too. Pretty crazy month overall. First of one, this is from CARTOONA and it's AJ Goes to the Dog Park. Fun looking title here gets into the mixed media side of things, directed by Emmy nominated Toby Jones from Regular Show in ok Ko. Let's be honest, I get a commentary with Toby Jones, A J. Thompson, Tucker Lucas, and Ben Hansen. There's a friends and family commentary on this music video. There is a making up sequence, an interview by Toby Jones by Justin d'clue, a bunch of other extras on here as well. Yeah, this one looks fun. I am very curious about this one because it's the type of thing I like. Next up Shutter Putting Out all the Moons from twenty twenty. You tend to have seen more Shutter films than I have. Have you seen all the Moons?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: This one says North of Spain, end of the nineteenth century, during the final throes of the Last Carlist War, a little girl is rescued from an orphanage by a mysterious woman who lives deep inside the forest. Badly wounded and close to death, the girl believes the woman to be an angel who has come to take her to heaven. Soon, however, she will discover that what this strange being has actually given her as the gift of eternal life by turning her into a vampire. This one has a new audio commentary with Rebecca Winn Walsh and Sheila Rowan Legg. We've got a book of new writing by scap Tafoya friend Will's And Yeah, I don't know all the moons, but it sounds pretty damn interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 2: Next up is another Shutter title, which is Mollik. Have you seen Molik? This is from twenty twenty two, and this one sounds wild. This one has an audio commentary with the writer and director, the editor, the DP. There's a deleted scene, some visual effects video, and still's galleries. Theatrical trailer book with new writing by Simon Abrams and Becky Dark. I've heard this one is decent and would like to check this out.
Speaker 3: Yeah cool.
Speaker 2: I should probably get access to shutter again at some point. Oops. Next is from Bleeding Skull, and this one is Backyard Blood Bats. This is a movie marathon from the eighth dimension. Backyard Blood Baths is a triple feature of underground horror discoveries that have never been widely released. First is Summer Hoar Day. Then we've got is the whole title? Oh okay, so it's just seven seven seven, And then the last one is Black Mambas That the full title. I should have read that better. And then there is the Psychotic Odyssey of Richard Chase, AI Mama and Bloodbath Tales of Eerie Publications, three shorts that provide an ideal chaser for the surreal experience. There's two hundred and fifty two combined minutes of footage on this, and then of course you've got some other things listed here, including commentaries, the listing of the shorts. Yeah, I love these compilation type releases.
Speaker 3: Yeah, two hundred and fifty two minutes.
Speaker 2: When are you watching backyard Bloodbaths?
Speaker 3: Will? Yeah? What?
Speaker 2: When are you watching four hours of backyard bloodbaths?
Speaker 3: Anytime? I gotta do yard work.
Speaker 2: Next up is a pretty big title IFC putting out a Barbarian sound studio by Peter Strickland. Peter Strickland with an R. That's important to point out because whoever did their slipcover does not know how to spell Strickland. This is a pretty big movie from twenty twelve that got a lot of attention. Peter Strickland was released recently by Kurzone is having his own collection from them over in the UK, so you might have this film already. There's a new audio commentary with Kim Newman and Sean Hogan in this we got an archival commentary with Peter Strickland, video interview with Peter Strickland, a making of some deleted scenes. There's a book of new writing by Willow Keitlin Maclay. I don't think I've ever heard you talk about Peter Strickland. Have you checked out anything of his stuff?
Speaker 3: No, I'm more of a Peter Stickland fan.
Speaker 2: Well, have I got the movie for you? Yeah. He is like a modern art house director. That is great. He did recently Flux Score May. I feel like a lot of people would love this movie if you check it out. He is very good at what he does. Cool Next is a filmmaker. We've been talking a lot about these last few months. Twenty nineteen's Depraved from Larry fested In is coming out on four K from IFC. This one was not shot on film or this likely would have been in one of the Vindigar Syndrome bundles that they just did. This was shot digitally. You had a new audio commentary by Larry fested In. I was moderated by Justin lit Liberty. Will do you need a nap? Should I continue?
Speaker 3: On?
Speaker 2: Stan says, your eyeballs are heavy.
Speaker 3: I I'm having some problems with my contacts. I might have to step out for a second and get some my drops.
Speaker 2: But understandable.
Speaker 3: I'm just tired me as usual.
Speaker 2: Lots of extras on this These Festted releases have been pretty incredible. Depraved. How do you? How do you feel about Depraved? In the Pantheono Festen and stuff. Because we've talked a lot about.
Speaker 3: Him, Yeah, I haven't seen this one, so oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah interesting. It's not top of the heap for me, but it's it's certainly not bad. I've pretty much enjoyed most of the festen and stuff. Uh wow, yeah, this one. Sinophobia is releasing Brute nineteen seventy six. This says, in nineteen seventy six, a group of people in the desert for a photo shoot stumble upon an abandoned town called Savage. But they are not alone. A family of mass psychopaths have claimed Savage as they're own and are hellbent on living up to its name. You know, audio commentaries, people involved from the film. You've got behind the scenes, some interviews, not much else, but Sinophobia putting out some wild titles. Recently someone looks Interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah next.
Speaker 2: The first one to sell out this month was from Film Movement, and it is car Miller from twenty nineteen. This is a pretty great sounding film. Isolated from the outside world. Fifteen year old Laura lives in seclusion on a vast country estate with her father and strict governess, Miss Fontaine. Late one evening of a serious carriage crash brings a young girl into their home to recuperate, Laura immediately becomes enchanted by the strange visitor, who arouses her curiosity and awakens her burgeoning desires. This is a coming of age till inspired by the eighteen seventy two Got the Vampire novella by Joseph Sheridan le Fanu. We've got a bonus short film called Three Towers and a behind the scenes featurette. And yeah, this sold out late Tuesday night. Was the very first one.
Speaker 3: Dang, well, I guess I won't beigger than that one.
Speaker 2: I mean the standards available.
Speaker 3: Oh you know I need that slipcase.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know. More from phil Movement. They are also doing The Columnist from twenty nineteen. This one is directed by Evo van Art. You've got a video introduction by horror novelist and film programmer Grady Hendrix on this one, but that is it for extras. Film Movement does a lot of great stuff. I am curious about this one for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Next up is Roe from twenty nineteen. This is also a film Movement released. This one is not what I've seen, but it's supposed to be great. It says, cut off from civilization, a single mother puts her children on high alert when they bring home a young girl caked in clay. She tells of spirits and spirit hunters, but these are not mere superstitions. As more strangers show up on her doorsteps, she quickly finds another reason to fear the forest. Malaysia's official submission to the twenty twenty one Academy Awards. There's a making of on this and that is it. But man, very very curious to see this one. Have not even had a chance, but yeah, looks very good, all right. Next from kim Stim is what.
Speaker 3: I yeah, man, Creepy talk Obona.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I know you need to go to bed. Twenty sixteen's Creepy from Kiyoshi Kirasawa is the newest one from kim Stem. This is a big title to get from a partner label, especially one like kim Stim. New audio commentary with Jasper Sharp and Ambertee, two people who are really great on this. You've got Kyoshi Kirosawa's Creepy by Christina Alvarez. There is another piece from twenty seventeen for movie Notebook. There's a book of new writing by Kristin yunsu Kim. This was a must for me Kyoshikirasawa can be a little hit or miss for me, but I think this one is going to be great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Next, oh man, well this is too funny, I get yeah. Uh, the canalog putting out the demons.
Speaker 11: I want to show my range your range Demon's rook from twenty thirteen, showing my range of censoring that I had to do on this cover.
Speaker 2: Thanks Elijah Drinner. This one Sounds crazy. Directed by James Sizemore, starring James Sizemore. This is a new audio commentary by James Sizemore and the producer, archival commentary, deleted scenes, gag reel, short film, music video, all kinds of Stuff, booklet with an essay by Keith bearden Man. This is This is an interesting choice for the Canalog. They kind of go all over the place. Elijah is great at what he does.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, will this is gonna be the episode where I make you laugh a lot and nobody else.
Speaker 2: Next from Connie is Desert of Namibia from twenty twenty four. This one has some very colorful color art. Connie doing some great work on their releases. As usual, they got two releases this month. Even We're gonna interview with the director, panel discussion with the director and one of the actors, Audio commentary with the director and some of the actors as well, featurette called Yoko and n my C by Aaron hunt Q, and a with the director at Momi First Look a book it with the onset photographs of new writing from Catherine Connell. I agree, Ronnie, I'm definitely gonna have to carry the show. Yeah, that is the first Connie release. The second one.
Speaker 3: It's easy for you. You've got a script.
Speaker 2: Sort of. The second one from Connie is the same titles as was recently announced by Third Window over in the UK. This is the make Uhama Trilogy, three films by Kaizo Hayashi. These are supposed to be great, and I feel like a lot of us probably would have wanted to know that this was being put out by Connie in the US. Here, as far as I can tell, the extras look identical. So I am probably gonna stick with my Third Window pickup of this one as soon as it comes in. But I'm glad Connie's putting it out and more people in the US will be able to see it because the Third Window Films is undoubtedly locked Region B. Next is VHS hit Fest putting out Marley's Revenge, the monster movie from nineteen eighty nine. This is another one where they had put up a bundle. There was a shirt option and it sold out again in the blink of an eye. Dan from VHS Hitfest said he didn't even get to get a copy of a shirt. So, yeah, if you didn't get one of those, are sol But if you did, congratulations um. Eric says he prefers the UK design of Third Window Extra to the same except the booklet. Yes, of course this one, Marley's Revenge is region free. This is a new transfer from the original one inch video master. There's an alternate VHS cut commentary with the director, writer jet Eller, and one of the actors. Interview with jet Eller, interview with a couple of the actors. There's a short film called Dummy that's twenty five minutes long, and a bonus movie called Never Feed the Trolls from twenty ten that's seventy seven minutes long. And the only thing I'll say about this one, first off, I like VHS hit Fest quite a lot. I like Dan, He's been on the show before. I will say it does suck that this film would come out from a VHS Hitfest because the film elements for this, which was shot on film, have been found and it was being worked on by another label that was going to be putting this out and now they can't because VHS Hitfest has released it. So there's that. So it could have looked better. And here we are, Well, Somebody's revenge, not Marley Next wild Eye. Wild Eye Releasing is now a partner label of OCN, which to me is I don't want to say the word wild but it's a crazy choice for OCEN to partner with Wild Eye Releasing, who frequently has sales through MVD of their DVDs being ninety nine cents. The first title that they're putting out is The Disco Exorcist. This is from twenty eleven, directed by Richard Griffin. It's region free. You had a brand new commentary with the director and the producer, and archival commentary. Some treeser, some treesers, some teasers, trailer, green band trailer, red band trailer, all that sort of stuff. But this is a choice. I did not expect to see Wild Eye listed as a partner label. Yeah, are you very familiar with wild Eye, there will no so what they listed on the website as the blurb for Wilde Eye since they're brand new, it says. Founded in two thousand and six, Wild Eye Releasing has carved out a name as a driving force in low budget, underground and outsider cinema, earning a cult following among filmmakers and fans alike. Wild Eye champions horror, action, sci fi, exploitation, art house documentaries and vintage gems from across the globe, delivering them worldwide via home video, digital and theatrical avenues. We also produce our own in house features and mockbusters like the fan favorites Cocaine Shark, Amateeville and Space and Wuji Shark and Jurassic Shark series, while proudly distributing VHS air classics such as Spliderfarm, Zombie, Bloodbath, Bloody Muscle, Bodybuilder in Hell, and the Necrophiles via our sister imprint Visual Vengeance.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, they've got a sister.
Speaker 2: I love that that made you wake up, Doug says, Are we sure to pray? By festening a shot on video, not shot on video, shot on digital, shot on digital, which just was not shot on film. Wasn't wild Ie formally brain damage? If so, maybe we'll get a four K release of Alice in Murderland. I'm not sure if they were brain damage. That's if so, that's a good point, quite a good point, all right. So that is the Disco Exorcist. Next up is from Saturn's Core. They're putting out The Evil Maker from two thousand and the Evil Maker to the Abomination from two thousand and three. These have new transfers of both features from the original analog master tapes, new commentary on both features with John and Joe from the films. We've got archival commentaries on both new featurettes, all kinds of archival behind the scenes, a twenty eight page mini zine edited by Jason Pancoke, featuring writings by Joe Sherlock, Kevin Linden, and Hugh Gallagher, and a trailer vault. I'm pretty excited that Saturn's Core is getting into a trailer vault on this. Was not expecting that at all. Yeah, let's move on from The Evil Maker. The next one is from Umbrella and it is Irresistible from two thousand and six. This is going to have Susan Sarandon Samuel Emily Blunt. Hell of a cast on this one. Audio commentary with An Turner, the director and the producer Sue Maslin. There's a location shoot, there's behind the scenes feature at with the cast and crew, and I am curious about this one. Like I said, good cast, definitely very intrigued. Next a movie I have seen. We are getting a four K release of the twenty twenty five film Jimmy and Stiggs by another new partner label, The Horror Section. This is the Eli Roth backed company. The Horror Section says their first physical media for home video and this says The Horror Section is a fan owned three sixty media company focused on building a robust library of intellectual property and creating the world's premiere horror brand. The company was founded by iconic filmmaker and actor Eli Roth in partnership with Media Capital Technologies to redefine the horror landscape. It is active in film, television, gaming, podcast and live events. This movie is directed by Joe Begas. Joe is a wild filmmaker. You may have seen some of his other movies. My favorite he has done before is Bliss. Pretty big fan of Bliss. This is made by and starring Joe and also Matt Mercer. This is a four K release and this will have an audio commentary by Joevegas as well. There is the theatrical experience if you saw this in the theater. It had a few fake trailers, one of which is actually being made into a new, brand new, full length movie. There's an audio commentary with the director, cinematographer in the f creators on here as well. There is a two and a half hour crazy making of on this movie, including all kinds of interviews with everybody involved. There's a conversation with Joshy, Josh Ethier and Matt Mercer, an opening night of the Vista and Hollywood Super eight footage from the opening night. There is even more. This is a crazy one. I saw this in theaters. If you don't like forrenetic films, this is probably not gonna be for you. Joe is also I always say, lost touch with his dialogue. It's not good his his dialogue is pretty bad in there in this film. It feels kind of like Rob Zombie esque dialogue. That being said, the movie is a blast. It's a big, big difference. Yeah, this is a crazy movie. Doug is pointing out the Vineger Centroum has a new shipping option called hold and Tell Halloween Why. I have a feeling, Doug that they're wanting to allow people to save a little bit of money and also not have them complain because it's taking a little bit longer to ship, So that's the reason they're doing it. Will, I would love to hear you answer this question. Since you're back. Gary wants to know what's the difference between shot on video and shot on digital? Digital isn't video?
Speaker 3: Are you gonna answer the question?
Speaker 2: I said, Will, I would love to hear you answer this.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought the question was about Jimmy and STIGs. I just can't help for a neticism.
Speaker 2: No, I know that you're not gonna like Jiman sticks. The difference between shot on video and shot on digital is shot on digital is digital cameras and shot on videos tape. Shot on video is normally much more lo fi and not able to get nearly as much data out of it. They just don't say shot on tape. They say shot on video because it's shot on video tape. Shot on digital is HD images. Well, maybe I shouldn't say HD because like early shot on digital, like twenty eight Days Later is not actually full.
Speaker 3: Hdu hurt my eyeballs, Isn't it annoying? I think that's the I think it was recurring pain that I was feeling. Oh geez.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like twenty eight days Later is mostly shot on dvcam, kind of like Sean Baker's takeout, and then the end of twenty eight Days Later is actually shot on sixteen millimeter, so a little bit of mixed format there, but for the most part it's just shot on bad quality digital, not fully HD. Most shot on digital is pretty good HD, especially nowadays. If it's newer films, it's going to be fully HD.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So to clarify, when we say video, we mean video tape correct, and when we say digital we mean digital video. But digital video is not the same as video tape.
Speaker 2: Correct. Hopefully that makes sense, Gary. If that did not make sense, let me.
Speaker 3: Know this new media a landscape.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Jimmian Stick's definitely not a will movie.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know. When you said frenetic, I was like, forget it.
Speaker 2: It's people like running around screaming for a lot of the movie. Basically well, and so it continues. Next from Icarus Films is Lady Chatterley's Lover from nineteen fifty five. I have never seen this one, but this does seem like one that Will might have seen. Have you actually seen this one? That's what I thought. This is Rejene we get a book of with an essay by Michael Barrett. I'm very curious about this one. It is supposedly a classic. Iicris does a lot of really good stuff and then the big thing great art on this by Elizabeth You, who has art in every single issue with the Physical Media Advocate. She's wonderful for what she does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm really excited about this, And just so you don't waste any more time, I haven't. I actually have not seen a single Ocean release from this.
Speaker 2: That is super rare.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was pretty pretty well. I don't know it's been happening more lately, but it used to be. I've seen fully half of them, but lately it's been.
Speaker 2: Getting and which which is crazy when they're releasing twenty six different releases.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, it tells me what I need to see. I'm absolutely going to see this. You know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're familiar, but it was a pretty famous book there yeah, I've heard of it.
Speaker 3: It was fairly frank, and it's depictions.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you woke up to make that joke. Twenty twenty threes. Pet Shop Days is the next Ocean title. This is coming from Utopia, directed by Olmo Schnabel. This as in an act of desperation, impulsive black sheep Alejandro flees his home in Mexico on the run from his unforgiving father. Alejandro finds himself in New York City, where he meets Jack, a college age pet store employee with similar parental baggage. Together, the two entry a whirlwind romance, sending them down the rabbit hole of drugs and depravity in Manhattan's underworld. When Alejandro's past threatens to catch up with them, Jack is forced to choose between his family and a life on the run. This is gonna have a Q and A with the director and co writer, one of the actors, the other co writer, and the producer another producer. This is moderated by Robert Abel from a screening at the American Cinema Tech LF three in La Another Q and A and Yeah, this one sounds pretty intriguing. I like that Utopia is doing this one.
Speaker 3: I wonder what happens to the animals.
Speaker 2: They're all abandoned. Next up is Skull World from ETR Media. This is from twenty thirteen. Yeah, don't know much about this one, directed by Justin McConnell. You've got a new mini documentary, brand new commentary with the director, new variety, store TV archive collecting never before seen clips from Greg's video history, and all kinds of archival extras on this one. ETR branching out from what they're doing ever so slightly. Next up from Brainstore Media is Some Like It rare from twenty twenty one, and it says when a struggling bookcher accidentally kills a vegan activist vandalizing his store, he uses his skills to dispose of the body to the delight of the clueless customers. Says a behind the scenes featurette and a book of new writing by Kat Hughes. And certainly sounds like there's some intriguing commentary in this one. I will watch this one at some point. One that I've heard is quite good. I missed the chance to see this at Panicfest earlier this year. Twenty twenty four's Somnium is the next release from Yellow Veil. This says at experimental sleep clinic, somnium dreams are made. Real side effects may include hallucinations, confusion, paranoia, sleep paralysis, detachment from reality, lost sense of self, and permanent nightmares. Still have an intro by the director, a commentary by the writer and director, and a deleted scene with a flashback, some interviews, and a behind the scenes slideshow. Yeah, I've heard this is quite good. I am certainly gonna need to check this one out at some point. Sad I missed this one. I would have loved to have seen this one in the theater.
Speaker 3: Did you follow asleep?
Speaker 2: No, I had children and couldn't drive. Next is a bit of an odd choice. AGFA is released this month. Yay, you've probably have you not seen at least part of this one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Sadest Man.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, I imagine you had seen The Sadist and the Zodiac Killer for sure. They're putting out what they're calling the true crime Triple Ripper. This includes the Sadist, the other side of Bonnie and Clyde, and the Zodiac Killer. But they took the Zodiac Killer and applied a noir filter over it newly color grated in black and white and re edited to resemble a grim horror noir. This has two different discs and it's mostly older scans. They've got a twenty twenty five preservation from a thirty five millimeter print for The Sadist, which is a newer scan. Archival extras on here as well. The Sadist and Zodiac Killer tell.
Speaker 3: Us they're great. The Sadist is a sort of legendary exploitation movie featuring arch Hall Junior of Ega EGA watch Out for Snakes, Lookout for snakes and the saying is mean, it's it's pretty dark. Zodiac Killer trying, I know I've seen it. I don't remember a damn thing, but you know what. The Other Side of Bonnie and Clyde.
Speaker 2: Is, I don't Actually I've not seen this one.
Speaker 3: Enob and edlick.
Speaker 2: All right, I just got that. Wow, I feel like an idiot. I appreciate the dad joke. Thank you, thank you so much for that. Yeah, definitely need to see it. This says in the spirit of the town that dreaded sundown. The Other Side of Bonnie and Clyde is a surreal ficto documentary from Larry Buchanan who did Zone Time the thing, the thing from Venus.
Speaker 3: I call him the Buke.
Speaker 2: The Buke our last stand says he doesn't get that it was Bonnie and Clyde backwards.
Speaker 3: It's the other side.
Speaker 2: Our last OCN announcement for the month is Until the Light Takes Us from two thousand and eight. This is from Factory twenty five and another one that people that have seen this seem to be raving about it. This is what was that sound?
Speaker 3: They're raving about it?
Speaker 2: I I did not say that, but the thanks for the ute? Did I said raving? I did not say raven. I did not mean that like that. I didn't mean the pun you called it out. It was funny.
Speaker 3: It was funny. That's why I left.
Speaker 2: And I didn't even mean it. So here we go. H I love stuff like this, though, this says, Until the Light Takes Us tells the story of black metal, part music scene and part cultural uprising. Black metal rose to worldwide notoriety in the mid nineties when a rash of suicides, murders, and church burnings accompanied the explosive artistic growth and output of a music scene that would forever redefine what heavy Meta is and what it stands for to other musicians, artists, and music fans worldwide. Until the Light Takes Us goes behind the highly sensationalized media reports of Satanists running amuck in Europe to examine the complex and largely misunderstood principles and beliefs that led to this rebellion against both Christianity and modern culture. But this is where it excited me to capture this on film. Directors Aaron Aities and Audrey Ewell moved to Norway and lived with the musicians for several years, building relationships that allowed them to create a surprisingly intimate portrait of this violent but ultimately misunderstood movement. That's pretty cool. There is a Black Metal short film of deleted scenes, alternate ending outtakes, cutting room with musicians not in the film. There is even more, all kinds of extras short film produced as proof of concept for a feature length film. Just lots of stuff coming in this. This sounds great. Silom Mannible says, Okay, I'm still here. This is a great documentary, but I wish it talked about the Nazism more. He has it from the original release.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember seeing this It's such a funny thing. It's kind of like you remember that documentary nineteen ninety two, the year punk broke. Yeah, black metal is this is kind of in a way of spiritual cousin. I like this documentary and black metal is such a interesting and mythologized footnote in music history.
Speaker 2: It is quite mythologized.
Speaker 3: You embed yourself with what's his name, necro Scroll down a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, Yes, sir necro necro Butcher.
Speaker 3: Necro Butcher, hey necro Butcher. Can I live with you for six months a year? Maybe I love life?
Speaker 2: Yes. Lessa's commenting on this. One of the extras is forty six more minutes with varg Vickerns. That's such a black metal title, all right? That is Ocen. I will say this is to me, combined with all of the male you Seene titles, all of the Vinegar Syndrome things, all of the VSA, on top of all of the twenty six partner labels, this has been the best Ocen month this entire year. I think. That being said, I want to remind everybody that Ocen does this all the time, pretty much every year. They've got a bunch of ho hum months and then October November they're like, hey, these are excellent titles that we can put out. Reminder you're gonna want to subscribe in January. So they always end the year in a big bang to make you realize, Man, I want to give them money again. But just remember what the rest of the year was before this. Wow, Dick, just being honest.
Speaker 3: WHOA, I don't know. I felt like it was a pretty good year.
Speaker 2: But from the Partner labels, I think it's been an incredible year. From Vinegar Syndrome, I've been mostly let down this year.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't think it is easy to top Dirty Work, and not that you need to top it. I think it should be the banner release for the year necessarily. But yeah, a lot of upgrades, a lot of shout factory stuff just getting turned into four K. That doesn't excite me all that much.
Speaker 3: Well, it sounds like you need to spend a couple of years in Norway shadowing some black metal musicians.
Speaker 2: I wish I could. Yeah, Ronnie points out something interesting. No Canadian International Pictures released this month, and I think that's the first month that they've skipped doing anything maybe ever since they joined or this might only be the second time. I know they've done catalog slipcovers twice and that doesn't really count. They basically skipped a month, but yeah, good stuff. We talked about Downton Abbey earlier and we didn't have enough, so some release details down to Abbey. The Grand Finale comes out on four K Blu Ray, and then there's also a box set with all three films. You can check that out on November eleventh here in the US. Seemingly a lot of extras. Do you get a commentary with the director and one of the actresses, You've got some discussions, featurettes. I don't know anything about this, so I can't really say much. There's a high t celebration, so that's cool. If you're into Downton Abbey, this is a good time to check it out because you can watch all three films in one package. Moving right along, that's a party. December tenth, Umbrella is releasing in Australia a four K release of Kevin Smith's Dogma from nineteen ninety nine. This is a big deal. The Blu ray in the US here has been out of print for quite some time. This is the first announcement of this reminder that Lionsgate will be releasing a four K steal book later this year, or at least it will be announced at some point this year. We don't know yet if it'll be a lions Gate limited title or a wide release. The speculation is it will be a wide release because this is a pretty damn big title. This is a pretty monumental film for ninety nine from Kevin Smith. All kinds of options here. You got the giant bundle with a shirt and a beanie and enamel pins and all kinds of this other swag. But the big thing is the extras. We've got a new commentary with Whitney Sibold, new scenes from the Apocalypse on the set of Dogma unreleased two thousand and six PSP introduction by Kevin Smith, twenty fifth anniversary screening Q and a talking about with Kevin Smith about the film. We've got an interview with Kevin Smith. That's brand new interview with Jason Must's, brand new interview with the makeup and effects designer Vincent Guastini. New after Dogma on the view as Universe with Dave Lee, over sixty minutes of Dogma's original silent dailies New Judge not in Defensive Dogma documentary, A bunch of archival extras. Will please tell me that you're not about to shit all over Dogma? Is this a movie that you hate?
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing about Dogma in general, you know, it just overwhelms you so much, over and over, oh.
Speaker 2: Like like ninety five of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, surprise, I'm not a fan of Kevin Smith.
Speaker 2: Is there any Kevin Smith movie that you've like, like, truly liked?
Speaker 3: Chasing Amy even, No, no, no, I haven't seen a Taxi cor what's it called?
Speaker 2: I don't care what it's called. It's now called Taxiica. I'm not going to tell you. It's with Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan. What's it's called? Taxi cop? And it's quite bad. It's not good.
Speaker 3: Well, I haven't seen that one. And uh, what's he done lately?
Speaker 2: I mean, did you did you ever see Red State? I feel like that's one that you would actually like. No, it's uh, lambasting the Westboro Baptist Church and the state of guns in America. It's it's very good. I still best film.
Speaker 3: How difficult.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how to deal with you.
Speaker 3: How did Kevin find the courage to criticize the Westboro Baptist Church.
Speaker 2: Oh, key, that's a big deal. Not a lot of people do.
Speaker 3: You're an inspiration. Thank you for you know, using your platform.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious. Carrie Mulligan says, I'm really hoping Smith releases the original Jersey Girl because he screens it at his theater so it exists as a complete film. That's interesting. Reservoir says his dog legitate good movie. Clerks is the only one I've liked and seen all up to twenty fourteen releases. I think Dogma's a great movie. I think it's top four of his stuff easily. It's genuinely very good. Red State is by far his best in my opinion, but Clerks and Dogma and Chasing Amy all round up that top four. Yes, Sandra says, didn't he do the one called four to twenty movie or something? I think it's called the four movie and it's I think it's talking about the time that it's playing at the theater in the film. Yes, Dogma is absolutely a bit of a Wings a Desire ripoff, and it's a pretty good one. Did you ever see Tusk Stans wants to make you watch Tusk. No God, you're I don't understand it. You get turned off by some of these great filmmakers and then just never see anything again.
Speaker 3: You throw these words around like great and I don't know. I don't know what you think. I don't ye know. We come through the world.
Speaker 2: You throw these words around like well.
Speaker 3: You uh loves Strangers Part one, fourth fourth, part four.
Speaker 2: Most of the people that have seen The Strangers from two thousand and eight love the movie because it is.
Speaker 3: Haunting, haunting, but it's just people sub ghosts.
Speaker 2: That's the terror. In twenty twenty five, is people.
Speaker 3: More? About two thousand and eight it.
Speaker 2: Was oppression story. Yes, this Rangers is a very good horror movie and if you've not seen it, you should see it.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't care for Kevin Smith's movies.
Speaker 2: You're an embarrassment. How about Christina Lindbergh in Sex and Fury from nineteen seventy three. Because Club Super eight is releasing this on Blu Ray in October twenty fifth in Sweden, not in the US. They can't release it in the US because Disco Tech Media has the rights to this one. This is a pretty good looking release for this film. This did get released, so you can get it on Blu Ray here in the US. But if you want this one, Orbit has confirmed that they should be able to get this. I imagine Diabolic will go after it as well. This is really cool because it's got a brand new audio commentary by Dakota Newton and Christopher of Lasko, who are from the Two in the Pinko podcast. They are awesome at it and I cannot wait to hear this commentary from them.
Speaker 3: I've got to know how they got this gig, because, as you well know, North from Misuzuki, one of my favorite directors. It's true, I'd go so far as to call them great.
Speaker 2: Uh you throw these words around.
Speaker 3: I love sex and fury. I've got like five copies of it at this point, just in case the other four break. Yeah, so I'm gonna have to get this one as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can't wait for this one. And if you guys have not subscribed to the Two in the Pinko podcast, you absolutely must. It is a delight.
Speaker 3: That's name.
Speaker 2: Next November eighteenth, I was finally releasing a four K of Paul from twenty eleven. I say finally because they announced this last year and now we're finally seeing that release. Realize there are no new extras on this, but this is a pretty decent movie. Simon Peg, Nick Frost, Jason Bateman, Sigourney Weaver plays the villain in this one, and Seth Rogan doing his voice as Paul the alien fun movie. I like the pairing of Nick Frost and Simon Peg quite a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now that the United States government has recognized the existence of Paul, we can enjoy it unfettered.
Speaker 2: Sure, unfettered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, this is your favorite movie.
Speaker 2: This is top ten of the year easily. November eleventh, there's a four K blu ray and if you're looking forward to DVD release from Sony coming of this year's Cat Stealing the film directed by Darren Aronofsky that's also not really like anything else he's ever made before. Great performance by Austin Butler and Zoe Kravitz, Regina King in this one. Matt Smith is wild. He's not in it all that much, but he's great. We have Schreiber's great Inness. Even the next Super Bowl performer, Bad Bunny, is in this one. This one has adolby Vision HGR presentation Dolby Atmo soundtrack, which if you've got a Probert Dolby Atmos setup, this is going to sound incredible at home. You've got a few extras on this, nothing crazy, a bit on the casting, some speaking from Darren Aronofsky, some other small featurettes, but not a whole lot. You look like you might want to say a couple of words about this anything.
Speaker 3: Oh man, look at this.
Speaker 2: Oh man, look get this is the new like bottom of the barrel criticism that I could ever expect from you. This is just astonishing. I need to get you to sleep in on Thursday so that we can we do this better.
Speaker 3: I'm fine, I just don't like. I don't like I generally don't like Darren Arlovski.
Speaker 2: Neither do I. And the movie's great. It's nothing like he's ever done, which is why it's great.
Speaker 3: It's because you're in love with Austin Butler.
Speaker 2: That that's only the second I think, or no third movie I've ever seen him in.
Speaker 3: No, you know what happens after the third movie?
Speaker 2: Two in the Pinky next up November fourteenth on four K Blu Ray and then a Blu Ray DVD Comma pack. In the us from Mercury Studios is Andrea Bocelli. The celebration thirtieth anniversary from twenty twenty four some Opera on four.
Speaker 3: KPE could have getten turned.
Speaker 2: On while while posting this, I had no idea that this happened. He went did this long performance and some of these are featuring Ed Sheeran, featuring Johnny depp featuring Russell Crowe, featuring Sophia Vergara. What in the world, John Batiste, That one's probably great, Will Smith, Brian May, Shania Twain. This is such a weird combination.
Speaker 12: Oh no, I'm so confused by this.
Speaker 3: This is this like the Judgment Night's soundtrack, but with opera.
Speaker 2: I just made it bad, Ronnie. Yeah, I I don't really know what to say to this. First of all, it's wild that we're getting four K opera concerts. I do like that that's happening. But when you're trying to sell me with featuring Johnny deppen Sophia Burghara, that is a wild choice.
Speaker 3: You just sing your song. I can't. And now thinking of Volume two Andrea Bocelli and some forty one Andrea Bocelli and Rebecca Black.
Speaker 2: That's Andrea Bocelli's live set from Warped to Her.
Speaker 3: Featuring the Beastie Boys.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, this is this is wild and you're trying to keep up with Andrea Pallis.
Speaker 3: I finally heard it er and so for the first time, I don't like it. I'm sorry, he's I just don't like him at all.
Speaker 8: Okay, anyway, stand Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Next up December ninth, Quiver Distribution putting out London Calling from this year on Blu ray. And that's all I got, starring Josh Deamel. I know nothing about it and I just clicked away from it.
Speaker 3: Soamel, Where's Tamel?
Speaker 2: Then Josh Damel hanging out with Cecil.
Speaker 3: He was then that swimming movie.
Speaker 2: That swimming movie.
Speaker 3: I need a swimming movie with Jessica album. I have no idea, Josh Damon, do mom? All right?
Speaker 2: Next up, this year's The Conjuring Last Rites is coming out on four K Steele Book standard, four K Blu ray and DVD from Warner Brothers on November twenty fifth. This is going to include Dolby Vision HDR Delby Atmos feature The Few Future That's Nothing Crazy. If you are into watching the fourth Conjuring movie, check it out. It's a pretty bad movie. I had fun with it, but it's a bad movie.
Speaker 3: The Conjuring Last Rites Chapter one.
Speaker 2: It is for sure the last movie with these two characters starring in it.
Speaker 3: So oh nice to spoil.
Speaker 2: No, they came out and announced it like this is this is the fight, Like we don't want to do this anymore. To be fair, the first Conjuring came out in what twenty thirteen. They've been doing this for twelve years. That's a long time.
Speaker 3: First screen came out in nineteen ninety six. Yep.
Speaker 2: And now they can't even keep Melissa Breira.
Speaker 3: They fired her.
Speaker 2: That's why I said.
Speaker 3: It, Yes, I mean they could have kept her.
Speaker 2: Well, they didn't find it with them themselves to keep her. That's all I was getting at. Uh. December ninth, Mill Creek, now known as Alliance Home Entertainment, is releasing the Ultraman Yule Tide Collection. I didn't know there was Christmas episodes of Ultraman.
Speaker 3: I didn't know Mill Creek and rebranded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mill Creek no longer exists. They are now known as Alliance Home Entertainment.
Speaker 3: Alliance who are they allied with?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: Do you do? You say? The word allied like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, what do you say allied?
Speaker 2: Why did you make it like four syllables?
Speaker 6: Allied?
Speaker 2: All right? So that is Christmas ultraman. Uh wow, we're we're nearing the end and we see the end. Starting with Bizarre Theater releasing Sick Shit from twenty twenty four. This is gonna have the full uncut film, A gallery deleted scenes making of and Buyer Zombie short.
Speaker 3: Film featuring Andrea Baccelli.
Speaker 2: Bizarre Theater is one of those companies that puts out like the gory, fetish type movies. But this is the first of three that we're gonna talk about. Next one is a Whisper, a scream, and a cut to black. This one is Let's see It, says a group of content creators sit out to film a viral paranormal investigation, but the day takes a terrifying turn when one of their crew disappears trapped inside a desolated warehouse. They discover they're not alone. The real whore isn't ghost, but a sadistic killer shooting his own twisted video, you know, making a a gallery and a trailers. One's limited to a thousand copies. Careful those are gonna fly off the shelves a snide. I don't mean to be. I don't know what you're talking about. Finally, they are also releasing Apocalypse Unknown. All three of these are coming in October eighteenth, and you can pre order them now. This will have a load of trailers otherwise known as an or sorry, a load of extras otherwise known as a trailer. This says a young man is abandoned by his family and must navigate his way through a brand new, dangerous world. And that's all you got. This one only limited to three hundred.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, world's coming to an end.
Speaker 2: It's true. Any thoughts on Cory fetish films.
Speaker 3: Will well, Christmas is coming up.
Speaker 2: It is. But enough of that sick ship. Let's talk about what's coming out. That was a pun on the title. By the way, I don't judge just whatsoever.
Speaker 3: I just want to pop in here for a minute and say, how is that for efficiency?
Speaker 2: It's it is efficiency. It turns out when you don't say anything, nothing gets said. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just you're welcome.
Speaker 2: You know, I like your commentary. Everybody else does.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, you know this was the This was this was a heming White Night. This was terse.
Speaker 2: This was evy Way Night, more.
Speaker 3: Visual, you know, sorry, podcast listeners. This was more of a performance art kind of situation, a.
Speaker 2: More visual because they won't get to see your eyes closed.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, well they they were. I was dealing with mat Co emergency. So I appreciate your your empathy there, buddy, But no, I feel like this was this was an interesting experiment in anti comedy.
Speaker 2: Well maybe maybe next month we try the uncle comedy uncle comedy. Can you said anti comedy?
Speaker 3: I say, aunt.
Speaker 2: I grew up with Latino family members. They all say Auntie.
Speaker 3: Well that's not how it's spelled.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about what's coming out next week, just in case you forgot. First up, today'shous d the Complete Masterworks Volume three.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: This somehow was coming out signed by Jack Black and Kyle Gas at many retailers, So check that out if you want. I think Orbit still had some last I checked.
Speaker 3: So are they back together or what?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. It's a it's an interesting thing. I don't know, but yeah, they did both sign it.
Speaker 3: We just don't know if it was the same time.
Speaker 2: No, that's true, or even in like the same state.
Speaker 3: Yeah, part of me opened that Kyle would pop up in Minecraft, but he did.
Speaker 2: That'd be really funny. Honey Don't comes out next week. I like the movie quite a bit. I know a lot of people didn't love it, but I think it is hilarious. Sex with the Stars from nineteen eighty one is next week as well, and then we get to some of the Meat and Potatoes spawned. Four K from Arrow is next week. Labyrinth in the Dark Yes the main dish. Labyrinth and Dark Crystal getting wide releases of their four K steal books instead of lock to Walmart. The Rocky Horror Picture Show out on four K as of next Tuesday, and I'm I'm excited. I'm sure that you You've not had to deal with this in a very long time. I get to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show in a theater for the very first time this weekend. Oh I'm not, but I am going with my mom as you do. Silverado four K Steel Book is coming out this next week as well. F One the movie. The physical release is coming out from Warner Brothers on four K, four K Steel Book, Blu Ray DVD, all that stuff next week. End of Day's four K from Shout is next week. Twin Peaks fire Walk with Me on four K from Criterion One that I'm very excited about the Peanuts Ultimate TV Specials Collection coming out. It's got all but I believe five of all of the ones that they've released ever all in one package. And I adore the Peanuts, so it cannot wait for that. I've got a Peanuts tattoo Black Sunday four K from Shout Factory, just in case you wanted to feel extra bad about that box that you bought. Quick in the Dead four K steel Book is also coming out next week. Nobody too that one's coming out. I enjoyed that one. I think I've I warmed up to it even more since I saw it. The Bad Guys too, I've heard is quite good. That's coming out on four K next week. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time four K steel Book is next week as well. Lights Out four K. Dangerous Animals four K Steelbook aon Flux four K is coming out next week. I Know what you did last summer four K steelbook is the only way to get this on four K as far as I can tell. Walking Dead, Dead City Season two is next week. The Scarface four K with the big steel poster and all that stuff is next week as well. The newsroom. The complete series on Blue if you're after that is next week. Mortal Kombat from twenty twenty one, four K steel book is brand new, that is next week. A bunch of standard editions when fall is coming, the one I just showed you, and that is it for next week. Will in only three and a half hours, we have been able to do it. And now you can actually close the eyes for good for at least the next seven hours. Oh no, you won't be six Yeah, would be less.
Speaker 3: Close my eyes because I was in pain. I endured this time with you even more than usual.
Speaker 2: Yikes, no, j K. But yeah, you don't use her name anymore.
Speaker 3: Uh but we could.
Speaker 2: She doesn't Transas to human rights by the.
Speaker 3: Way, go ahead, Yeah, just unequivocable.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: I didn't like her before. It was cool.
Speaker 2: I never cared.
Speaker 3: Well anyhow, not to get too political. Uh. Yeah, this is a great great you know, release slate all the way around.
Speaker 2: On top of a night with Tiffany Sheppis and John and Erica Schultz and Will took a couple of naps and yeah, hell of a show. Tonight.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I can't be beautiful like you all the time.
Speaker 2: Oh God, if I could beautiful even once, everything would be better.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I beautiful.
Speaker 2: Bring Her Back will be on HBO Max on Friday. I highly recommend that one. Depressing as hell, but man, very well made movie. Chris, No, honey, don't We'll not get a four K eventually at extras. You don't need to worry about that. Universal is not putting more money into that. We're lucky they're putting it out on disc at all this next month. Eager to see you again. I think we got at least one thing getting announced this month, so more to talk about next month.
Speaker 3: And yeah, projects, it's well the reasons I'm so tired, John and I are working with Ryan on something very large, and.
Speaker 2: I just realized I don't want to make you talk for like another five minutes or anything. We're I don't think we had announced Jade the last time you run right, No, didn't you want to bring up Nina and you?
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: Imprint is releasing nineteen ninety five's Jade by William Friedkin, featuring a commentary by you and Nina K Martin, the author of Sexy thrills, undressing the erotic thriller.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very excited about it. We had a hoot of a time talking about Jade. We get in some very interesting topic areas. I was very pleased Nina Martin as a good friend and really smart but able to communicate it in a very entertaining way, and she had some we did. We previously did a commentary together for Door two Tokyo Diary for Terror Vision, and so it was nice to get back together with her to talk about Jade and the sort of mid nineties erotic thrillers as they were starting to tape her off and perversions, various and.
Speaker 2: Sundry, literally conversations about pubic hair and tins.
Speaker 3: Well, I wasn't gonna spoil anything.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you've seen the movie, it's a it's not a spoiler's pretty early in the film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think in the conversation Nina especially draws some comparisons to some older films that I think really deepened my appreciation of what Jade is trying to do. So for that fact alone, it's I think worth checking out.
Speaker 2: I would agree it's gonna be a great release. Got a visual essay by Michelle Kisner on. I got another audio commentary with William Bibiani, who's an incredible critic, and Darren Navarro, who was an assistant editor on the film. We got a really how much go ahead?
Speaker 3: How much of this disc did you oversee?
Speaker 2: Two commentaries and a visual essay and an interview?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the whole thing, buddy.
Speaker 2: Well, there's one other visual essay by a friend of ours that that is all the way over from Australia, which I had asked him to see it and I still have not been able to see it, sadly it was already sent in. But mister Chris O'Neil is also on the disc with all of us. It's pretty cool. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and more and more coming from Imprint. We're working on more for them as well at the.
Speaker 3: Moment coming from imprint. Oh my gosh, can't I'll tell you for the audience, here's a teaser. I just got notification that a book I requested through Inner Library loan for research on one of these movies has just arrived for me to pick up.
Speaker 2: What a deezer?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what good is it? You'll have to wait to find out.
Speaker 2: I love it. Will tonight has been a crazy journey. I'm eager for you to get some rest one of these days, and I'm eager for myself to get some rest.
Speaker 3: Well. I'm sorry to have been disappointing, but I felt like it was my bravest performance. Yeah, so great. Many thanks to Tiffany for Tiffany Shephids for given us her time. And I hope people do check out the Toxic Avenger extras.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely all that say, make sure you check the links that I posted in the chat earlier, scroll back up and check it out. Eric stuff is great, Tiffany stuff is great. I don't even know how to like lift these people up enough. The Miskatonic thing for Erica is so cool that they reached out to her. Yeah, I cannot wait to watch that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm gonna be there for that. Very excited.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you everybody for hanging out. We will see you next Thursday. It is going to be an interesting one for the entire month of October. I've got three out of four of the weeks or after this, because we've got the ninth, sixteen, twenty third of the thirtieth, three out of the four first time guests. It's gonna be a really fun October. Check it out, y'all are beautiful Chris as those toxic ven your experts are us only. No, they're also on the German release. We're trying to get on the Umbrella release for you. I'm not in the middle of talking with them, so hopefully out. Yeah, rest October is gonna be blast. Check us out then, will I love you?
Speaker 3: Bye everybody.
Speaker 2: Thank you for watching The Disconnected. On the way out, make sure that you are subscribed to the channel, that you've liked the video, and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this. Hello.
Speaker 13: My name is Kevin Tutor, and I'm one of the three hosts of almost major film podcast di Sect in many major indie studios. In the films they release every week, myself, Charlie Nash, and Brighton Doyle discuss overlooked, forgotten or bona fide classic indie films via studio specific mini series. We've previously covered numerous films from artists and entertainment, Lionsgate films and New Line Cinema titles, including The Blair Witch Project, American Psycho, Dogville. But I'm a Cheerleader, Saw Recording for a Dream and Ringmaster you know the Jerry Springer film. Anyways, we have a fun time every week and we hope you.
Speaker 7: Will join us.
Speaker 13: Subscribe to almost major wherever you get your podcasts now proudly a part of the Someone's Favorite Productions Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening. To hear more shows from the Someone's Favorite Productions Podcast Network. Please select the link in the description.