Speaker 1: Good evening everybody. And are we fired up tonight?
Speaker 2: Yes we are and we're fired out?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Who am I?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Nfl Yay. I'm going to introduce my cast down underneath my little window. Here is mister Ralph Williams. Hello, Ralph, how are you tonight?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Candy, thank you.
Speaker 1: And next to him is another one of my co hosts, Jeremy Smokin' Bee.
Speaker 2: What's up, Candy? How are you? How are you? Scott and Ralph.
Speaker 4: Escape there survived the fire today, so.
Speaker 1: Awesome, awesome.
Speaker 2: He better to come out escape than having to remove Yeah.
Speaker 1: And we have a special guest on tonight's episode of Fire Up, but most of you know him for most of the shows he runs and hosts. It is none other than my husband, Scott the MotorCity mad Mouth Morgan Roth. How are you, Scott?
Speaker 3: Oh, Candy, it's great to be with you, Jeremy and Ralph tonight. It's good that you're in the hosting it instead of me. All. I got to just sit back and do what I do best and hope to not lose my voice. But I think we'll manage to make it work.
Speaker 1: I should make you produce because normally you make me produce when you host.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you want it done right. You don't have me to produce anything. Let him produce. I don't produce. All I do is produce controversy. Seriously, wait and energy.
Speaker 2: Guys produce the controversy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. Good point there, Jeremy. Yeah, sometimes in that room does tend to be a bit on the interesting side to say the leaves. So go ahead, and Candy, we're gonna say.
Speaker 1: You also produce the book that's in the corner and right next to you over your shoulder.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I'm proud of that thing. I'm working and part two will be coming out, you know, early next year. I'm gonna be working on part two, probably want to say November December. I'm trying to get the sports cycle done this year, and you know this one will be the good, the bad, and the ugly. Before we were giving acknowledgements, but well, you know, when you have to add a little more hay to make it real, you know, you never know it's gonna get in there. But I know you and obviously Katy, Ralph and Jeremy have been it will be And anybody's guess who's going to make it after that. So but now, with all due respect, though it is nice to be on your show. I'm proud of the job that Candy does, Ralph and Jeremy. It's really my night off, but every now and then, you know, I don't mind popping in from time to time because hey, you know, I don't want to be referred to as the boss, but Jeremy does a good job referring me to that, so I'll accept it. But without this platform, I'm nothing. I got to have a great supporting cast, and I'm thankful for all the shows that we have on that I'm able to go ahead and do executly that Robert Wardell when the digital version is you know, I've got a leading from my toast Masters group that volunteered to do it. She wasn't at the meeting last time, but I'm going to hopefully see her or Robert continue to ask, and I'll do everything in my power, buddy, to go out there and get it out. Thank you very much. It's good to see again, Pal, it really is. I'm glad that you're staying with us, and I'm making some major changes across the network to make a lot of the shows better. Robert. Great to see you tonight. They forgive it a part of your Thursday.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna start the show out with my what I introduced last week as the new segment. My new segment is did you Know? And so I'm going to ask you guys all and I think the first part of the question you guys will all get. I'm not sure you'll get the second part of it. So tell me what is the oldest NFL stadium in the league right now?
Speaker 2: Soldier Field?
Speaker 5: I believe I was gonna say Lamba, but but Jeremy beat me to what Soldier.
Speaker 1: Soldier Field turns one hundred this year. The next part of my question, though, is is what stadium has been used the longest by an NFL team.
Speaker 2: That would probably be the Green Bay Packers because they've never moved.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the chat room, all right, josh Door, Scotty Slapper and Smoking Jay. Yeah, pretty good. Stop, Joshua. Don't feel too bad, buddy about the stadiums that you didn't know, because a lot of people don't. So you're good. Las Vegas City is the newest. That's when we're gonna have to get to Joshua Door. Good stuff. Hell, good to have you on the night.
Speaker 1: It is good to have people in the chat room. We love it, we love it. We feed off them, especially on our show. Yeah sure, whoa.
Speaker 2: But we are up against opening night of football.
Speaker 3: Big deal. I don't care. None of that phases me. We got people giving us updates all day long. I don't care what night. It's our night. That's all that matters.
Speaker 1: Opening night of the NFL. Yes, and it is featuring Baltimore Ravens at Kansas City. Kansas City is at home. There are both tied right now, seven to seven in the first.
Speaker 2: And Ravens are punting the ball.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes they are.
Speaker 3: Now you're a wild car for the Ravens all year will be Derek Henry. Anyways, you talk about the big pickup that was definitely like your deal.
Speaker 1: Yea, that is true. So tell me, guys, let's let's make some predictions because we're let's face it, it's an NFL. It's NFL game tonight, it's NFL season. We've all craved this season. So who do you have coming out of Let's let's let's start. Let's break it down by division. Who do you who do you want? Which division you want to start with guys.
Speaker 2: And around the clock clockwise east southwest north and go in that order for both a f C and NFC.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead, start us off, Jemmy.
Speaker 2: And see east. I've got the Eagles winning, I got the Cowboys regressing. No Michael Gallup CD is out this week. If you expect them to go into Cleveland and win with that defense here, you bumped your head because they've got the AAARP running back room with two twenty nine year olds between Ezekiel Elliott and Dalvin Cook.
Speaker 3: All right, let me ask you a question. Did you get that AARP running back room watching my show on Inside the Face.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've been saying it for a week straight.
Speaker 3: Well I've said it on Tuesday Night. Yeah, no, I did the MGA well g yeah, right there you go. I like it when he steals all my line because he's been around me logging up and I probably brainwashed him.
Speaker 2: Ale so i' and then the AFC East until somebody knocks them off the pedestal. Last year, you got to stick with the Ravens. They're looking good going up against the Super Bowl champs. Right now, North, I'm gonna say, jets if Aaron Rodgers stay healthy. If not, it'll be the Dolphins. I see the Bills falling off.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, yeah, NFC North, if I see the Cowboys, probably in the Eagles. The Eagles have to win this year. To Nick Sirian, he's uh under a lot of pressure. If they don't go to the Super Bowl, he's fired. I think, uh, New York Giants. I think Brian de bow is under some pressure as well. And Dallas it looks like that could they could probably be the team. And the Washington Commanders we don't we don't know what to expect from Dan Quinn and Cliff Kingsbury there with a rookie quarterback and Jalen Samuels.
Speaker 4: So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Okay, Scott, how do you feel?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, go ahead, let's break down the divisions or which one we're gonna start first with Jeremy NFC and a East. All right, the NFC East. I am going to go with Philadelphia, I have I agree with you. Dallas is going to regress. Mike Martin McCarthy will be out of a job at the end of the year. He's a lame gut coach. Give me another division. AFC East afcast. There's no way I'm going with the Miami Dolphins until they prove that they can go out there and win in December and January. This fish will be like ice fishing, okay, because that's what they do when it comes to those ones. I'm gonna stick with the Buffalo Bills, if for no other reason, the quarterback Josh Allen. Okay, and then we'll see what's going So give me another division, just lists of divisions for me.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait, I don't think Ralf did.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't do the FC East. I agree with Scott. I think the Bills are it. I don't think that. I think the Jets are overrated. With Aaron Rodgers, I don't see him doing anything there. The Patriots, we don't know what to expect from them, although they have offensive coordinator Alex van Pelt.
Speaker 4: We'll see where the offense goes this year.
Speaker 5: And the Dolphins, like Scott said, they have to win in the you know, towards the end of the season. They can't choke in games. We're going to find out where Miami goes this year. But I'm taking the Bills like Scott.
Speaker 3: Okay, keep going with the division. Jeremy helped me out a little.
Speaker 4: Bit, all right.
Speaker 2: NFC South, I still say it's a toss up between the Falcons and Bucks. The Falcons added a lot of firepower, but the Bucks are the best roster in the division and they didn't lose a lot, So I think it's coming down to between them and in the AFC Ceult, I think it's going to be the Texans again because they added to that already powerful offense and defense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, I believe you're on target with both of those. Number one. I like what Houston is doing down there. They're a team that came out of nowhere a year ago with c. J. Stroud, and they have a young coach is going to considerably get better. As far as the NFC South, there's no doubt I'm going with the Buccketeers. Baker Mayfield got a new contract, They have essentially a lot of the same personnel offensively, and I like Todd Pooles. Everybody get out his case, but this guy's a pretty good coach.
Speaker 4: Mm hm oh yeah, absolutely, I think. Yeah.
Speaker 5: At the NFC South, I think it's gonna be Tampa Bay because Atlanta Carolina our first year of coaches, and I don't see them doing anything. And then the New Orleans Saints. I've never been sold on tennis Allen. Uh you know, he's stunk when he was the coach in Jokelin. Uh So, I mean, you know so, I think so anyway, but I think that you know, it's gonna be the Buccaneers. Even if they're nine and eight, I think they can. They're still going to go to the playoffs like it did last year.
Speaker 3: I didn't think he had it in yet.
Speaker 4: Seriously, Chokelin like it.
Speaker 3: Hey, Williams, there might be hope for you. Hey Williams, let me tell you something, man, there might hope. There might be help for you, hope for you in the broadcasting business. After we called Ralph so here, we got your name here on fire up tonight, Ralph Jokeland Williams. Okay, so that's her.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 3: Jeremy put it in the chat room right now. Ralph Jokelin j O A K L A N D. Williams is a new name. Okay. If you bother the trademarket do anything with it, that's okay. That's a free b from me since you bought the book. So there you are Ralph Jokeland Williams there.
Speaker 4: We have a community in Pittsburgh, and I called Choke.
Speaker 2: My buddy Michael Johnson joining in. He's a Vikings fan that comes on my NFL Roundtable talks.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jeremy, you have to spell a J O A K L A N D.
Speaker 2: I like Jokeland.
Speaker 3: I know you do, but do it like I.
Speaker 4: Wanted to do.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well that done, man, and we can put it up there toys. We're all having a good old time anyways.
Speaker 5: And I agree with the AMC South on the Texans. I think the Colts. Uh, we'll see what second hear coach Shane Steisan does. Jaguar they might be close. It's gonna be between the Texans and the Jaguars. I believe the Titans. They have a new coach. I don't know where they're going to go, so we'll see.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Jeremy, let's go NFC West.
Speaker 2: NFC West until somebody knocks them off the pedestal. It's the forty nine ers, especially since they got both deals done with Ayuk and Trent Williams over this past week. I don't see anybody beating them. And with the mash unit that the rams o line has over the next four weeks. They're going to struggle at the start of the season.
Speaker 1: And the AFC West, it's.
Speaker 2: The Chiefs until somebody knocks them off their pedestal. And I don't see a team in that division good enough to do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ralph, you.
Speaker 4: Cardinals, I don't know about them.
Speaker 5: The Rams, as Jeremy said, they go a lot of injuries, and then they got Jimmy Garoppolo who's always in the medical tent. They have him there. And then the Seahawks have a neue coach. So it's the forty nine Ers. It's as simple as that. You know, that's a no brainer right there. As far as the AFC West goes Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders and Chargers. I look at the Chiefs, and then the Chargers might sneak up in there. Jim Harball wins everywhere he goes, so I think it's going to be the Chargers and the Chiefs, and I believe the Broncos are going to regress in the Raiders, I don't know what to expect from them yet we're going to see.
Speaker 2: I actually don't expect the Broncos to regress that much because one thing I can tell you about bow Knicks as a quarterback, He's had a different OC every year he was in college, and every year he improved as a quarterback. So he's used to that struggle of learning a new system every damn year. And we know OC is one of those positions that can change on a dime in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Tell me about it. I've seen enough of that over the years. So definitely justify what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Okay, Scott, So you NFC West.
Speaker 3: You know NFC West is no talking go to forty nine ers. Yeah, it's really hard to go against them. You know what. I'm gonna call it a toss up. Actually, I'm gonna call it a toss up between the Chargers and the Chiefs. I am. I'm gonna I just I'm gonna call it a toss up. I'm gonna go one at one and one A and one B.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, Okay, So, Jeremy, the NFC nor the Norris divisions.
Speaker 2: Until they're knocked off their pedestal. It's the Lions and the Packers and the Bears and the Vikings end the story. And in the AFC North it's Ravens and then it's a toss up for second place because all those teams are good defensively. I don't care what anybody says about the offenses. Defenses win championships.
Speaker 3: Okay, woea pinned for years. Anyways, I don't know why anybody.
Speaker 4: I agree with Jeremy this point.
Speaker 5: The Packers and the Lions, Vikings, I don't know they they're in a There are a lot of guys in the medical tent there. And then the Bears. Uh, well we know what the Bears are, so forget that. But anyway, that's that. And in the FC North, uh, if I'm a Homer, Steelers are going to take the division. But being not a Homer, Cincinnati and the and the and the Ravens look pretty good this year in Cleveland. Will regress with Deshaun Watson.
Speaker 3: Okay, Scott, all right, I'll go with the Lions for sure, but I'm not going to give it an overwhelming prediction here. I need to make sure that Dan Campbell and the rest of this group here realizes that they're being hunted now, and they're not. They're not a secret anymore. I think they'll still be awfully good, and I do believe they can win the division. Yet again, the Packers were coming on strong and made a great run to get to the player. Uh, the Bears are much better than most people think. And the Vikings, well, I don't know. That's all I can tell you.
Speaker 2: Now after I'm going to give you an update on the game. After trading punts back and forth, Lamar and the Ravens just bumbled the ball back to the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's fine, no problems the Steelers, Yeah, well no, I would go that far. Don't push it down. Steelers. Remind me of haven't Costello. They don't know who's on first, what's on second? But their quarterback. Yeah, they won't even know either when you think about it. But I'll give the Ravens the benefit of the doubt to win that division. Anyways. Again, I'm a hardball guy.
Speaker 1: Whether donn or damn, it doesn't Okay. So now I want you guys to pick a sleeper team that you think people really need to watch out for, and instead of breaking it down, just one from the AFC and one from the NFC. Some sleeper team that you could creep up and maybe get into the playoffs, maybe even go to the Super Bowl that we aren't projecting.
Speaker 2: One team that I see out of the AFC, even though they have a new coach, they have a nice nucleus of a good, good defense. It's the Titans that could possibly squeak in as a wild guard team. And in the NFC, I'm going to go, much as I hate to say it, if Caleb Williams is fifty percent of the hype he's received coming into the season, they'll make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ralph, how about you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: In the AFC, I think the Colts might sneak in there stay if if Richardson stays healthy and Shane Steichen can have a second year a decent second year and not have second year blues like some other new coaches. As far as the NFC goes, I think the Washington Commanders might be able to with Dan Quinn and the guys here. You know, it'd be interested to see his second stint as a head coach. I think he might sneak up in there somewhere and being a wild card that could happen.
Speaker 1: Yes, the good Scott, what about you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: You know what, Joseph Osin, I like what you're doing with this one. With the Colts, I really do. I mean, you know what. To me, this is a team where the quarterback do stay healthy. Well, let's not forget that the running back Jonathan Taylor is the guy that he has a good year, and I mean a really good year, he'll gobble up a lot of ours. As for the NFC, I don't know why I'm I think I'm drinking the Bear's kool aid, but i am. Anyways, they have surrounded Caleb Williams with weapons, but they couldn't do it for Justin Field. Give me a break. Really.
Speaker 2: The only caveat that I have to that I hope they did enough on o line to keep Caleb from having to run for his life.
Speaker 3: Oh, no questioning about it, Jeremy, What do you think that Justin Fields didn't only run for his life, he had to run out of town and go to RaSE Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: You know, but he might he might be starting this Sunday too, because Russell Wilson has a CAF injury.
Speaker 3: Well, Russell Wilson to me to go back to another match in it And the fact is I hear he's a low investment anyways, didn't pay him a lot.
Speaker 5: Of well paid a million dollars and and thank you Denver because they're paying the rest of his sellar.
Speaker 2: All right, so what you know, it's not just Denver paying him. He's on the last year of the guaranteed money from the Seahawks to you.
Speaker 3: That so you know what, here's a deal. Russell will you know who? Russell will Wilson reminds me of will A Tigert the Florida for Florida Atlantic University. Yes, getting paid from everybody had the planet that he was in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Florida State too. He was with Florida State.
Speaker 3: Oregon. Yeah, so Oregon, Yeah, yeah, we're gonna so who So what are we gonna do. We're gonna call Weller at the equivalent to Russell Wilson. Good stuff only on fire.
Speaker 2: By the way, and I actually think the Colts might as much as everybody says it's not. If Anthony Richardson gets hurt, they might be better off. But Joe Flacco, well.
Speaker 3: We all saw what happened with Joe Flacco. Also a note I should mention for Cleveland for those out there that haven't heard it yet. Andrew Siciliano will be the new play by play guy for the Cleveland brown just so you know, and wow, wow, Yeah, Andrew's a good announcer. He obviously worked with the NFL Network for a lot of years, substituted last year, and I felt and they feel like he's the ideal bet And I'm happy for Andrew Siciliano that he is going to be the new play by play broadcaster for the Browns, so more powerful.
Speaker 4: Good for him. Yes, the only.
Speaker 2: Reason I'm going the way I'm going in the divisions is look at the over unders all the way around. Right now, they have the over under for the Bucks and the Falcons exactly the same at nine and a half wins. They have the over under for the Lions at eleven and a half wins, the Packers at nine and a half wins. They have the over under in the West. I'm sorry, it's still forty nine Ers at eleven and a half, and the Rams are a game below them at ten and a half. You know, you have to look at those over unders, and they gave the Eagles and Cowboys the same over and under. And if if I'm a betting man, I'm doing a two leg parlay in the nfcast and I'm taking Eagles on the over and Cowboys on the under because when they lose at Cleveland it'll be their first of ten losses.
Speaker 4: Wow, makes sense.
Speaker 1: So Bear's gonna be looking for a new coach next year in.
Speaker 2: If they don't make the playoffs. I agree with that.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, wait a minute, let's back up on that one a little bit. If they can win eight, nine ten games, whether they make the playoffs, I think abra flu survives another year. I'm not talking about playoffs. I'm talking about improvement. There's a difference between playoffs and improvement as long as because the last thing you want to do is continue to change coaches during a quarterbacks development. How many times have we seen that? So I'm looking for improvement. Yes, are they striving for playoffs, course, everybody is right now, But I don't know about But you know, as possible. You know, the NFL coaches coaching jobs turn up all the time, and there's always going to be a black money and there might be a surprise to you. Just never know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So my next topic, I want you to pick one, and I'm saying one game that you are most looking forward to this weekend, whether it be college or NFL but only one.
Speaker 4: Right, I know the game.
Speaker 5: The game I'm looking forward to is to is to Green Bay Eagles game down there in Rio de Janeiro or Brazil or wherever they're at. I'm interested to see how that game's gonna go. That's that's the one I'm looking at.
Speaker 3: Sal Paulo brother. Rio's got all the bikinis and sal Pablo has a crime.
Speaker 2: Sorry, they didn't want to have one hundred and six paternity cases if they went to Rio.
Speaker 5: Exactly exactly, despite the fact I stopped talking about Pitt. I'm interested to see what they're going to do against Cincinnati this week at Cincinnati. They lost last year at home, and Cincinnati had the same record. The Bearcats had the same record that Pitt had. So we're gonna see what happens there.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I said, one.
Speaker 4: Oh one, Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 1: That's okay, Jeremy. What one.
Speaker 3: External bump here is trying to push the system a little bit. You can't get away with it on his show.
Speaker 2: All right, you know who it is. You've seen my allegiance somewhere right here. It's the Rams versus Lions, the wild card rematch. And even though it's an O line matchup, and I expect even if it goes bad, the Lions win On Sunday. I'm excited to see what this new secondary looks like versus some good wide receivers.
Speaker 1: Okay, our guest, Scott, what one game are you most looking forward to?
Speaker 3: One game these two guys wouldn't even think of talking about. The one I'm interested in is the one I'm covering, and that's going to be the Miami Hurricanes against Florida A and m Rattlers. Why would I do that because Miami. Of course, Candy and I had covered it last week. Went out there and crushed the Gators, is what they did in Gazel. What an electric atmosphere. Now, I want to make sure that the Canes come back strong and don't feel that this particular game against Florida A and M as a trap game in terms of what they're doing. And I love what coach Crystabal was doing. Most people were thinking my older days in Michigan, Texas. Yeah, it's an intriguing game, but I'm going to lean more towards Miami and Florida A and m I say what you want, but when I see a team progress year in and year out, and I see you have a guy like Mario Crystobal who knows this area real well, and all these guys are getting on his case. I would tell these people when I went on many shows, shut up, give this guy an opportunity to win here, because all he's done is win everywhere else he's gone. So Miami in Florida. Am I'm going to go with that?
Speaker 1: Oh I'm surprised. I thought for sure you would say Michigan, Texas.
Speaker 3: That was the old Scott. This is a different Scott and I have a different U of m than I'm working with and except in the reality. But yeah, like I said, that's the game. I'll be recording it anyways. But you know, I really am into the Canes. This is one thing that I live for because I really love covering this program in a lot of different ways. And a few people realize they've only won five national championship and produced a ton of pro players, So I mean, so yeah again, Kady, when you come on the show, you don't bring only the Boss. You bring a guy on here. And obviously, and I'm just kidding with the Boss, that's all fun. The guys. I ride with it, But but you know, let's face reality, the guy that wants to cover a sporting of it is not out of my system yet and God only knows when it ever will be because I like being being a part of it all. So now, yeah, if I mentioned.
Speaker 2: The game, I'm gonna give my one comment on it, because you remember last year we played a Cupcake in Week one for Michigan and JJ McCarthy looked awful. He threw three picks in that game. We had the same vanilla offense we had then, because I think that was the vanilla offense that Sharon Moore used to hide it for a better appoint ponent. And this Warren kid actually did pretty good and didn't throw a pick. So when you think about that, JJ McCarthy was just a first round pick because he won a national championship. This kid looked more poised in his first start as a Michigan quarterback then JJ McCarthy looked after and going into his third season.
Speaker 3: But Jeremy, I was It's funny how you mentioned it because I was reading up on it. I think this is his sixth year with the program and he's been dealing with a lot of medical issues and just kind of hanging in there. So you know what, I'm glad you brought the guy up. I read if everybody knows how much time I spent on my phone because I'm reading up on this stuff as part of what I have to do anyway, But you know what, You're right.
Speaker 4: I mean this.
Speaker 3: You know you're you're bringing in a new guy like Sharon Moore. Not a new guy, but he is okay because now he is a head coach, okay. And you you bring in a guy like this who's been around six years, that means he knows a system he does. And you know what, for all you Michigan detractors that think on the ncuble gonna file on, you know what, you can only pile on so much. They're not losing the National championship because in college football playoff is going to make sure No I didn't you know, they played this game and they want decidively with bow. So I won't get in any NC double a talk. But you're right. I'm looking forward to seeing it, whether a DVR or I'm there yet, but it'll be a pretty interesting situation to see how it plays out. But yeah, Candy, if I surprised you, well, so what. It's good stuff because obviously I like being where, you know, I mean heavily involved with what I have to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, And well, is anyone watching the Chiefs game. I think most of us have it on. It is in the background. For me, it's what what's the score?
Speaker 4: Ten Kansas City ten?
Speaker 2: Seven Kansas City?
Speaker 4: Yeap?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, restaurant and Raven ouched that desert must have just stopped him again or he threw a pick.
Speaker 1: I am going to throw all of you for Luke because I did not prep you guys with any of the topics.
Speaker 2: Oh they went for it on fourth down and got brought down by Trent McDuffie.
Speaker 3: Trying to get a job as a color analyst or a play by play guy. Why okay, yea, yeah, there you go. I was about to say that just you know, just scared me a little bit. I rubbed off mind you too much. Seriously, good stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, So my question is, have you guys heard who is going to be on as Celebrities Dancing with the Stars this season.
Speaker 2: I pay attention to Celebrity to the Stars as much as I do the Bachelor or Bachelorette. So no, I haven't heard.
Speaker 1: So Anna Delvey, who is her real name is Anna Sorkin, is one of the stars. She gained notoriety for posing as a wealthy German heiress and used her social standings to defraud wealthy people banks and hotels. She was arrested back in twenty seventeen and convicted of grand larceny in the first, second and third degree, as well as theft of services. Her sentence included four to twelve years in prison, which was she was cut short when she was released in twenty February of twenty twenty one for good behavior. But she has been living under house arrest in New York City while she's trying to fight a deportation case. She is going to compete with the bracelet around her ankle because she's still in house arrested at this point. So how do we feel about h celebrity being on Dances with the Stars that is wearing an ankle bracelet because she isn't.
Speaker 4: That'll be a first wow.
Speaker 2: Let's see, that would be like me wanting Isaiah Bugs back on the Lion's roster with the bracelet get out of here.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, I don't have a problem as long as she was. As long as she gives that money back to the people she ripped off, I don't care.
Speaker 1: She has no regret about what she did and what she is I have read out here.
Speaker 3: Well, then send her all the way to the Bermuda Triangle. And usually when they go there, they don't come back.
Speaker 1: I understand. I understand.
Speaker 3: And by the way, Katie, you know when you do the hashtags put permu to trying to in there. I wonder how many times you'll ever get from you.
Speaker 1: I had to throw, you know, something in there that you guys wouldn't have.
Speaker 2: Since since it is opening week of football, I've got this NFL book of Trivia and it's got some interesting tidbits in there. Who was the tallest wide receiver to ever play football in the NFL?
Speaker 4: The tallest G Thompson He was six ' six.
Speaker 3: Nope, I'm gonna take a stand, Batic.
Speaker 2: What is it Harvey Carmichael six foot eight that played for the Eagles?
Speaker 3: You mean Harold Harold?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Whatever, all right, but here I helped you on the other half, it's Harold Carmichael. Put them a book away. Once you get to a Carmichael, there's only one.
Speaker 2: What the that guy should just be on it and stuff. Joel Davis actually did dance in college and in high school. So uh, but that's.
Speaker 3: The last question. Well, can I ask you a question? Who is the quarterback that through the Harold Carmichael?
Speaker 2: Wasn't that Randall Cunninghame?
Speaker 4: Nope? Ron Jaworski that's it?
Speaker 3: And who's jaws?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: It was good for me because that's when that didn't they have when they got the polly off the streets at that time?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yeah, good job, Ralph, thank you?
Speaker 2: And how many with the first pick overall? How many times in NFL history has a quarterback been taken since nineteen thirty six?
Speaker 3: Wait, I'm sorry, repeat your question.
Speaker 2: With the first pick overall in the NFL draft, which started in nineteen thirty six, how many times has a quarterback gone first overall?
Speaker 4: One hundred times?
Speaker 3: No, Usually most people give you multiple choice questions on that.
Speaker 2: I know. How about how about fifty less than fifty and more than what Joseph Austin just said?
Speaker 3: How two?
Speaker 2: Very close?
Speaker 3: Thirty three.
Speaker 2: Closer? It's thirty five? Everybody had their guests, Wow, thirty five times? And you want to know what's bad about that? Only eight of them have made it of anything of note. The other the other twenty seven of them.
Speaker 3: But you know what, though, if you're going to go there, you know what I suggest you do. I suggest you talk about how many Heisman Trophy winners have won the whole thing too. I tell you right now, not that many wh Hall of Fame. But I'm just telling you, believe it or not, Jim plunk At won a Super Bowl. But he did it with the Raiders, not with the team that originally drafted with him. And that happened to be Jim Pluckett was with the New England Patriots back.
Speaker 4: In the day.
Speaker 2: And here's one other NFL's back to it. I want to throw out before we go into the next one, Candy. Out of the last three seasons, rookie quarterbacks have combined for a record of zero fourteen and one. In Week one of the NFL season, it's.
Speaker 3: A good note. I like that ghost. So what do you think the odds are that one of them is gonna get a win this week?
Speaker 2: Uh? Somewhere between slim and ten.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you got? Well, how many were drafted in the first round this year?
Speaker 2: And can remember, well, one's already injured, so he's out.
Speaker 5: You got bone, Nick, Caleb Williams, Bonet William Caleb Williams, J. J.
Speaker 4: McCarthy, Yeah, exactly, there's four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's more left.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 3: I don't know that's a good I like you throwing facts like out there that makes people think a little bit. But see, I'm not really supposed to think a whole lot tonight because Candy's the host.
Speaker 2: Said something is for the gambling gamblers out there in the chat and watching, right, make sure you realize this before you place money on a rookie quarterback to win a game.
Speaker 3: Well, I would tell you I've always had a firm believer at rookie quarterbacks. Just sent a minimum of one year anyways, period. I'll never back down from that, no way. Even Tom Brady went on record saying that they should do it, and Patrick Mahomes is a good illustration. All you should when he had Alex Smith, Andy Reed played that card as brilliantly Asia Candey and he's only one of five coaches that have won three plus Super Bowl So right, a lot of information right, people.
Speaker 2: Defense made a stop. They are getting ready to go for a field goal at fourth and five outside the red zone. Uh Nate Wiggins just broke up a big play on their first round wide receiver. They took, so first round corner versus first round wide receiver. The corner wins.
Speaker 4: Well, the coodn't news had all this at least say the lea points on a field case.
Speaker 3: So you know, right well, Kansas City's got bigger things to worry about. You know what that is where they're going to play in seven years with Kansas City, Kansas or Kansas City, Missouri.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think that's coming. I think it's gonna be Missouri.
Speaker 3: I think it's would be Kansas.
Speaker 2: I I mean Kansas, I mean Kansas City, Kansas. Because Kansas City, Missouri is not wanting to fund any upgrades exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I I we could get into that another time, but I just thought I was reading it tonight. Instance we're talking Kansas City. It happened to be their big night. Actually, you know what, I'm going to throw the numbers out here. The cost that the sales tax was rejected was two billion dollars. And right now the Kansas City, Kansas people have wheready said we got three point five billion dollars raised for two stadiums. Go figure. I don't think it takes rocket scientists or whatever her name is to figure out, or any rocket scientists of that matter. They're headed to Kansas to join the NASCAR tract that's out there. And I've been to both places too. Kansas City was there in Kansas City, Kansas, although it wasn't much what I was out there before.
Speaker 2: And also Kansas City, Kansas is where the of the semi pro soccer team that Pat Mahomes owns.
Speaker 3: Well, there you go. It's all there.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, okay, okay, guys.
Speaker 2: My town. Sure, who do you want to start?
Speaker 1: We are gonna let our guests, mister Scott, you're telling them that you'd like to talk.
Speaker 2: About you got Detroit or down there in your neck of the woods, whichever way you want to go.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna go in mid town. I got an ideal with this one. We're gonna have a little fun with this one. Okay. FAU is gonna be army this weekend over at FAU Stadium, and they're calling it military appreciation and this is the first conference game for Army, so you know what, hats off to Army and FAU as we acknowledge our military that they're going to play this game and they're calling it military appreciation. I already gave it up to Miami one because I felt that was more important to what we were looking to do in terms of gas. But I want to acknowledge FAU An army. You know, army is now in a conference and you know what, we'll see what is going to do under second year coach Tom Herman. It's an important year for them up there. I know what you want now. You know how much you learned in Night Way. It was pretty good, right, Plus you got a new nickname, Jokelin.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ralph, what's happening in your town?
Speaker 5: Well, I had a fire my apartment building today. That's what's happening here. But other than that, the Steelers are getting ready for their first game against Atlanta with new coach Rohee Morrise, and we're going to find out what what happens in this game. It's looking like Russell Wilson has a calf injury. Not sure if he's going to start or if he'll play a little bit. And then they're going to include Justin Fields into the into the fray here and the Pirates. They won tonight nine to four. They've been sort of roller coaster up and down, up and down, up and down, lose five games, win two.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know that can't happen.
Speaker 5: Peg Wins are getting ready to start up and then real soon here Crystal tang Want was traded to Montreal because he wants to be in his hometown of Canada. And the Sydney Crosby deals about to get done. Cam Heyward still got done, and we're about to get Pat Firemouth his deal done too, as far as that goes. And so far, that's my town, all right.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm going to add something to my town here in South Florida, and I really say about what doing here. Okay, Fire Up Florida is a show that I've actually been able to recreate into a hockey show with my co host Rod Peterson. I'm excited about some of the things that we're doing with it. And of course the Motor City man Mouth is still doing a lot with that as well, just trying to figure out I'm working on that with two platforms. But this show Fire Up Florida has the potential to do some pretty good things. And I have a guy who's as compassionate and energetic as I do. And you know, he believes in planning. And when I told him that I plan about as thorly, he said, I you know, wherever you go, I go. And as Jeremy has found out, you know, when you build relationships, which is what my book is about anyways, among other things, it's important to realize that these relationships are priceless. So I just want to give a plug out to fire Up Florida and working on building that. I want every show on this network to be strong anyways, you know, but why not? I mean, I just love what we're doing, but I feel we have a long way to go. Okay, there you go. I have a good Monday night doubleheader between Hire Up Florida and Baseball and inside the Piskin stands alone on Tuesday night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny you mentioned baseball because That's where I'm going with my town. The hottest team in the Major League right now is Detroit. Everybody said they should sell and trade away Schooble. Thank god Scott Harris didn't listen to all those fans that wanted us to trade him for a million prospects because guess what they traded away mister Flaherty, who was a damn good starter, but he was the number two on this team. Schoobl's gone five and one, and in the bullpen days because now they have two bullpen starts in that rotation without a valid number two starter, they've gone three and two in those starts that Jack Flarerty would have started, which if you look at his track record all season, they'd have done the exact same thing because he's not inconsistent, not consistent enough to win four or five games in a row. So kudos to Scott Harris to not folding to the pressure of fans and sticking to his guns. Keeping Schooble, who he mentioned as one of his core players.
Speaker 3: Well, hed he have done that. You know what, aj Hinch would resign, he'd have been done because he knew they wanted committed to winning and aj Hinton they're not getting rid of school. And you know what, don't kid yourself. Tray Sweeney, who's been playing, was that was a part of that trade. You know what, he's not doing too bad, So he's a chorus stone to that team. Yeah, and I don't know what Flarerty's record is, right now in LA. But the Tigers, I've seen moves, and I've seen moves. This certainly wasn't a make or break move. It was a pretty thawn out intriguing move. So more power to the Tigers.
Speaker 2: In that first bullpen day, that was Jack Flaherty's start after the trade, the relief pitcher we got from the Dodgers who hadn't played a inning for the Dodgers was playing for the Great Lakes Loons right here in Midland. Michigan came in and start struck out too, and forced a ground out to take care of the side in order in the sixth inning in that bullpend start. So I'd say overall, the Tigers may have won that trade in the long run because they got prospects that show promise for the future of this franchise.
Speaker 3: Well, but what you're saying is they may be more major League ready than most people give them credit for, because on the surface it looked interesting and all of a sudden, Sweeting's up within a few weeks from that trade. So I'm with Jeremy, are you sure you're okay right now because you're talking baseball or is there something?
Speaker 2: And wait, Cole Keith has been batting almost four hundred since the streak since the All Star break within my ps over eight and a slugging percentage close to one. What's going on with the Tigers? Oh, that's right. Bayazard is back and can't play. We got better everybody some traction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you know what I'm gonna say, what's going on with Jeremy Ballrick? He's talking baseball? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: And the new top one hundred list came out And with all the call ups we've had, and if they take any professional innings, especially with so many at bats, they can't be listed in the top one hundred anymore. And the Tigers still have seven players in the top one hundred for next year.
Speaker 1: Job, good job, Okay, So my town isn't really happening in my town, and that's going to be one of my rants here tonight. So the Green Bay Packers, as everybody knows, is traveling to Soowl Powell. The Brazilian soccer club Corinthians, the team turning over at stadium for the first NFL game to be played in South America, dislikes anything green so much that executives tried to paint the field black about a decade ago. Players can be fined if they're spotted wearing clothes or shoes of that color, and sponsors need to adapt if they want to be associated with a club that has more than thirty five million fans. It's all done in an effort to steer Corinthians fans away from any reference to local rival Palmarans they've been feuding for more than a century. On Friday, however, at the Arena will be a wash in Green when the Green Bay Packers and the Philadelphia Eagles play the second game of the NFL season. In sent Salopowell, why I get the nfls trying to expand. I get the NFL as trying to get audiences from around the world, But why would you go to a stadium that bans people from wearing green and put two football teams in.
Speaker 2: That both are Come on, do you want to hear the craziest thing about it? So the Geess the Eagles are home and they're wearing their black helmets and white jerseys, and the Packers are wearing their home jerseys.
Speaker 1: The Eagles are designated host team in an attempt to sway some Brazilian fans to their side. They will wear the black helmets, white jerseys and black pants, which are the Corinthians colors. Now right, Yes, Corinthians official told the Associated Press on Sunday that the move came after a request by its president, who claimed green was only allowed for visiting teams. So yes, the Packers will play in their traditional white, yellow and green jerseys, similar to the colors of the Brazilian national flag. Now, there was a little bit of a hiccup here. Earlier on Thursday, the Packers made a gaff by giving Corinthians goalkeeper Hugo Susa a green Bay Packers jersey with the name of the Brazilian club on the back, which irritated many of its fans on social media because of course it was green. But here's my point. Are part of my point NFL. You're trying to get people to expand the NFL and to make more money. I get that. But the players have been told don't bring your families over here because it's not safe. The players have been told to stay in their hotel until the team bus takes them to the stadium and go back and not venture out. So really, how much money are you gonna are you really making and are you really expanding, and are you exposing a bad city because you're telling everybody stay away only and players don't go out. Really, NFL, you couldn't have done better than the.
Speaker 4: I would rather play in Mexico.
Speaker 1: You know so many other places to play.
Speaker 2: And until the a QI from that Amazon fire cleared up, they were about to make them play in Philly instead because the air quality was so bad. Come Sunday and Monday, they were talking about moving the game to Philly, so it would have been played at Link Lincoln Financial instead. I wish they would have done it just to stop it all, and then everybody could have wore their regular jerseys and Nope, there would have been none of this.
Speaker 4: And then the NFL and still put egg on their face.
Speaker 3: But and then you're.
Speaker 1: Only gonna you're putting it in this new country, and you're only going to put it on peacock except for people that live in Philadelphia, Milwaukee or Green Bay.
Speaker 3: If you're going to drop the hammer in Brazil, what are you gonna do with the way you're talking about? When the Olympics are there in Rio, the water quality was bad and they were there as well. So I haven't seen anything. I haven't seen anything compelling here to me that paints Brazil in a very positive way. And I'm not knocking the people up there. I'm just saying, between this situation and the water quality, you know, and yet real Dejonniro, I hear is the first world class city. So I'm not I'm not not gonna not that. But you know, all the things that we're talking about are related. But yet you know, but at least in your case, Candy, the Packers didn't lose a home game over it Philly, did I know?
Speaker 1: Still, but still to take it to a city that it's not safe to go to. You're telling the NFL players, don't go out of your out of your hotel room, don't bring your friends and family.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I know there's still Packer fans that have gone out there, but really, NFL, and then you put it only your telling us not to go out there, and then you're only going to put it on a paid streaming service.
Speaker 3: How much you want to bet they would have taken their friends and family to Rio instead of a sail.
Speaker 1: Follow of course, of course, but that's.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's that's subject for discussion later. Rio is a huge Favella, and so is salth Powell. All Right, I can't disagree with that, but who knows. Go figure. I love your rant though. I think it's great.
Speaker 4: Cans being fired up.
Speaker 3: I think it's appropriate coming from you anyway, So it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: I'm sure we'll hear all kinds of stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's not so much gang violence. It has to do with the whole green thing. What they're worried about is them going out and running into the fans of that team. That's what they're worried about, because guess what all of your regular apparel that you can buy, for the most part, for the packers in the Eagles, it's green, from the starter jackets to the jogging suits, to the sweatshirts, the T shirts, and I'm quite sure they're swimming trunks. For those of you crazy enough to buy Team Morient and stuff.
Speaker 1: Exactly, you could have put the game that's on tonight in Brazil. Neither of those are green. Kansas City Chiefs and the Ravens they have quite the same backlash. It still is not a safe city that they're saying. But really, come on, really, well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the NFL really has got egg on their face on this one.
Speaker 3: You know what, Ralph, Yes and no. I mean, I get where everybody's coming from. But the NFL is expanding all over the place. For all we know, they may have a game in Israel one day. You never know if things ever clean up, and it's not a while. I'm just saying. I'm not saying that it will happen, but you know, right now they're playing all kinds of places to promote the game. You know, who knows, maybe the Detroit Lions will get out in Israel against the New York team. You know, you got a high Jewish population with blue and white. I'm just having fun with this topic, but the reality of the situation is, while I am having fun with it, you know, Brazil's an area where there is a fascinating interest out there, and recently the NFL assigned the team to a particular region about where they can promote their international rand. I don't know how much of that factors into that. We'd have to have to research it, but you never know. The NFL has assigned teams in a certain market and that may have played in this decision to put these particular teams down there. I don't know. But it's something to think about.
Speaker 4: Here, Candy. I'll give you an example here the WWE.
Speaker 5: They have two paid per views a year in Saudi Arabia, Okay, and you know that when the women wrestle, they always wrestle in you know, some sexy garb Well, when there is in Saudi Arabia, they have to cover up because of their their laws there and if anybody is uh, you know, Arab descent or Saudi Arabian descent or whatever, they're not allowed to wrestle. So there's a lot of things with that. And it's a similar situation almost, you know, like I said with the w W in the NFL, with this thing in Brazil, we'll figure out.
Speaker 2: Well, if everything just happened like I just saw because I switched over for a second to look on the other page, Patrick Mahomes just threw a pick to Rokwan Smith in the middle of the field where there wasn't even a receiver targeted.
Speaker 4: Wow, Baltimore surreal with their defense, is sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Tucker missed a field goal prior to this, so.
Speaker 4: Oh he never misses. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you one thing. Will we talk about the opening game of the year, and it'll be more of a factor. Okay in a couple of years when they ultimately go down to two preseason games. That's what happens, and you don't play your regulars as much as they do and they're protecting them from injury. Okay, that's what's gonna happen. So that first week of the year, everybody's trying to work out the kinks and the rust and all that. And you know, I mentioned this once on Inside the Pitching and I'll mention it again. You we talk about these teams practicing against other teams. You know, I got dinged for a couple of hundred grand doing it or both these teams. Did you know, what, what are you gonna do? I mean, you know, nobody wants to go ahead and see three precon three preseason games, So they're gonna go down to two eventually with two bye weeks. That's inevitable. But that's what you're dealing with, Jeremy, when you're talking about a first game of the year where a lot of those things that should have been worked out later in the preseason with more reps. That's what you have here tonight.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, guess who start their starters for two games in a row for a quarter.
Speaker 3: Who's that that's okay?
Speaker 2: So Andy Reid is a firm believer in that. That's why he does that. He doesn't do the dress preview in game three because there isn't a Game four for that to happen. So he has to evaluate who he's keeping and who he's getting rid of in game three, the other three quarters each of the first two games, and that third game to evaluate a depth of talent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then we'll see what it's like when he's only got two games.
Speaker 2: I know it's gonna get worse because that means he can That's my point, and it's gonna get worse across the NFL. What they need to do is bring back a couple of key things. If you're gonna shorten the offseason like they're talking about doing it, doing a ramp up to the preseason, not doing any OTAs or camps until June, and then you just play straight through the preseason into the season, they're gonna have to do two things. They need to bring back two A days. As much as everybody hates it, the guys were in better game shape with the two A days since twenty seventeen when they stopped it, when Corey Stringer had what happened to him with Minnesota Vikings when he dropped and passed away.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell the audience. Let me tell the audience this. I covered the Miami Dolphin, Jeremy Candy and Ralph when they had three days and you know who the coach was, Don Shula. Right, you talk about working for your first NFL coach and I work with Don Shula, and boy, they used to call it Camp Shula.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: As soon as to A days stopped, soft tissue injuries increased by thirty three percent alone, and then it increased by another eight percent. Once they decrease the three season games, soft tissue injuries are going to continue to increase if they don't at least bring back the two A days to get guys in game shape.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I have to leave my tablet's low on battery power and I have to charge it. Don't forget to tune in Saturday morning, nine am live on YouTube, Facebook and Twitch for the external bum Show with Me, Ralph, William Scott, Morgan Roff, Jeremy Balwick and Leo Haggerty.
Speaker 4: And then don't forget.
Speaker 5: October five, Saturday, October five, two to three pm the return of Sports Corner Radio with Me Ralph Williams smoking Jim Fraser on twelve fifty AM ninety two point five FM in Pittsburgh at the station's called The Answer. So and I will talk with everyone next time. Thank you, have a great night, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, thank you, Thanks Thanks Ralph, You're welcome. But that's my rant about the whole shortened preseason and everything else. You know, it all stems back to when they took away two day two a days. When they came to nflpat pressure all that players didn't want it.
Speaker 3: Well, that's exactly what they did. They did came to the NFLPA. I know, I know that's but what are you gonna do. It's not gonna get it easier. Just be thankful. You have the United Football League too, where you're producing a lot of these guys had reps and you have more game films. So you know, the UFL has been an asset to the NFL. So I'm glad. I look forward to today when there's a little bit more expansion. Maybe they get a team in Florida, or I could get up and check out some of those games.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Candy, I was gonna say, any other topics you guys want to discuss tonight.
Speaker 3: Well, you tell me. I think it's be interesting college football. A lot of good games here, and you know, I think the only one thing I'd like to add to this whole thing is to this whole thing really, which is interesting. I found it hard for me to know that I was rooting for the USC to beat LSU when they were in the Big Ten, and that Texas is representing the SEC against Michigan. So I think some of these major for things are going to go out there and I have to get used to him. So around that, let's promote the book, Candy, that's what it will help us out a little. Go ahead, do your station break, okay, of sorts.
Speaker 1: So last December Scott wrote a book. We published it with the South Florida Tribute Publishing Company, Lessons from the Microphone Tuning into the Enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. The forward was written by George Eichhorn. You will see him from time to time on different shows on this network, but your usual host for most shows except this one is Scott Morgan Roth, the author of this book, He talks about his forty plus years in the media business and how the industry has changed. He has some really good stories and he has some really good pictures a young Scott with a young Muhammad Ali. The book is available on Amazon, on Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Apple, and Google Books. Get your copy today. There is also a link for it on our website www dot solf Florida Tribune dot com, where you can also get a link for our merchandise and you can read the writings of Jeremy. There are writings of Scott. You can see some awesome pictures if I do say so myself, that I take. But you can also get transcripts, so if you're an NFL junkie, we have transcripts from the Jaguars, the Dolphins, and the Lions that we post up regularly. We also have information about most of the Florida college football here in Florida. We get things from the Canes, we get things from the Gators, usf FAU and f f SU. I don't know if we really want to be public sizing them right now, because everybody's kind of down on Florida State.
Speaker 3: Attle. You know what online is, it's good to get their content because for a lot of our followers on Twitter, hey they feed off this stuff. Yeah they're having a rough time. I give you that. But you know what, anytime you get content from the first place, candy is always to continue. Sorry interrupt you.
Speaker 1: But that's okay. There's a lot of good talent that comes out of Florida, so oh excuse me. Whether it's FSU, Florida Gators, Miami Hurricanes, USF or FAU, all of that content that you can find on our website. You can also find content about the Panthers if you're into hockey, and then of course our shows. If you see the red subscribe button in that lower right hand corner, hit it like us, share it with all your friends and family. Monday Nights on Fire Up Florida, we talk hockey. We also on one hundred and eight such as Baseball Talk Talk Baseball. Tuesday Nights is our Inside the Pigskin where we talk all things football. Wednesday Nights is Sports Exchange. You never know what we're gonna be talking about. We even talked about the hot dog eating contest last night. And then Fire Up is My show with Smoking Jeremy b and we talk just about anything, like tonight, we even talked about dancing with the stars. Who would have thought, but mostly sports related, especially during football season. If you listen to podcasts, you can find ours wherever you get your podcast. I think I wrapped it there, I think any time.
Speaker 3: Actually, I like this comment from prosky Beer. I'm changing the name of the kickoffs with the whack of it's so lame. Tell me how you really feel.
Speaker 2: You know, I still like these new kickoff rules better than the fair catch rule of last year. At least now we get to see some kick returns. Maybe maybe when some of these special teams coordinators actually coordinate and get some plays together for the this new type of format, we'll see some exciting thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jeremy, people are just gonna have to You're right, Jeremy, people are just gonna I'm sorry to interrupt you, but people are just gonna have to acclimate to it. And that's what as I continue to retranscript, Jeremy, I'm glad you brought that up, because I'm that's the one thing I'm trying to get out to a lot of our followers here on my as well as yours, because you're very good about when it comes. They're sharing the contents. I'm trying to get as much kickoff information to educate people about it, so good like continue.
Speaker 2: On, yep, and the score up date. Dwayne Keen just put it in there. Ravens scored it just before halftime. It is now thirteen to ten, So it's one heck of a slabery knocker. But I warned everybody more than likely this was not going to be these teams scoring thirty forty points against each other because both these defenses are very good and offenses tend to struggle to gel at the start of the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that you know what, that reminds me of Jeremy how sometimes in baseball you're favorite sport tonight because that's where you went with your town. Anyways, is a lot of times it takes the hitters a little time to acclimate to the weather early and then they pick it up during the summer. And if more, you depend on pitchers early in the year in baseball and then hitters later on. So that's a good point. Yeah, the first couple of weeks, I think that the offense itself does take a little while. So you're on point our x Jay Hello friends, Hello to you as well.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to go back to the kickoff because i want to talk a little bit about that. They were talking before the game before the Kansas City Ravens game tonight about that and how they think weather we'll play more of a factor in it this year because of the kickoff rules. They also think that in the beginning more of the mediocre teams will do better, and that this will really be there'll be a big difference come the fourth week, because in the first two weeks, everybody's trying to feel each other out, how they kick, how the returns game is going, who you kick to, who you don't kick to, And so come weeks four and five, I think we'll really see a big difference with this rule than what we saw before.
Speaker 3: Well not only that, though, think about it, Katie. We were up at in Gaye, Oh, Florida Field, Ben Hill Griffith Stadium, Okay, and we're watching the old kick off rules in college, So now I can compare the old and the new, and yet we have tvds connected to the new right. So yeah, well it's the interesting thing to see both ways. Twenty five the touchbacks and that other that other business in between two where they haven't set up. So you know, yeah, you know, any time you implement a rule change where there's a significant impact, it's going to take a little time to acclamate. And that's what and that's all it's going to deal.
Speaker 2: With, Rosky Bear. But if the kicker actually has the accuracy to be able to kick that low line drive kick that's gips from the one end of the end zone, the opposing team starts at the twenty. So all that tells me is that the kicker is kicking it too damn hard. He's not landing in the landing zone because they penalize the teams for not trying to catch it within the twenty to the goal line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you said the two key words of most NFL people are gonna have to get used to landing zone. The only time that landing zone ever mattered to me is when I was flying to make sure we were on the runway, not the landing zone in the NFL. Remember that, I just wanted to.
Speaker 2: Add that in there is a landing zone now for no.
Speaker 3: No, I think it was appropriately added. I'm just how many times are you used to hearing the words landing zone and pro football. You're not until now.
Speaker 2: Like kicking it too hard, Like I said, that's off, not really, because before it came out to the twenty five, and then it was already coming out to the thirty. I think after they were already talking about making it them out to the thirty when they added the fair catch rule, right, Yeah, the NFLPA and the owners shot that part down. They didn't allow it. If it's a fair catch, it comes out to the thirty because guess what, nobody would have returned to kick last year if that was the case.
Speaker 3: Well, the reality of the situation is Jeremy, when you talk about it. At one point they were thinking about eliminating the kicking game anyway, and there's no way you were going to do that. So you know, it's like they've been tickering with this as much as they've been tickering with the Pro Bowl format as well. You know, so they kept it in and you know, look, the UFL doesn't even have any extra points. You know, they have a well, yes, one, two and three points on it. So still be interesting to see what other things happened to it.
Speaker 2: As wellll I did see the stupidest rule in the CFL I ever heard, Well, if you miss a field goal by just like just pushing it outside of the uprights for the final play of the game, it counts as a point. So if it's a tie game and your kicker just misses, you get a point in the CFL. That's the stupidest rule I ever heard of in any professional football league.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you know, I try to no disrespect for our friends from the North, Okay, But the reality of the situation is I've never seen I've seen games where you had sixty to one. And I tried to watch it a little bit before this year just to try to gain an understanding of the two down thing. And I was fighting with it and I wasn't making it the halftime. But I really really tried to acclimate it. But I wasn't doing good enough. But when you want to see football, you want to scout players, which is what I like to do. I don't watch football at times just to watch the game. I'm interesting about potential future NFL players. That's why I'm you and I are Jeremy or students of the game. We really really are. And I know that when we were at the NFL Draft, we had a very spirit. The debate about the two Lions, right and Darien Arnold.
Speaker 2: Is that his name Terry and I didn't have a problem with no, I know.
Speaker 3: But we were talking about both and I was telling you a restaurant, Jeremy, you're not seeing it in a certain way, brother. I mean, they think this is not gonna be a physical hitter. They like him, but you know, but again, it's not me putting doubts. That's the fact that I've seen. I've talked to so many coaches and been in so many war rooms and stuff like that, and how but you know, now that we're talking about record, the guy that we debated on, how is he dealing with the Lions? You see the potential of this guy.
Speaker 2: I see potential, but he is still like the fourth corner on the roster, on the depth chart right now. Right now, it looks like Terry On Arnold is getting the CB two, Carlton Davis is the CB one, and Emik Robertson will be taking the nickelback duties. They moved Brian Branch to safety to make it so that he can stay on the field more because he doesn't get enough snaps at nickelback.
Speaker 3: So my question to you is, okay, is do you see more potential in this guy now than he did when he initially spoke about it.
Speaker 2: I said exactly what I said. I didn't like him in zone coverage, and I saw this preseason, but I loved him in man coverage. He is good in man coverage. He's not good in zone.
Speaker 3: Still.
Speaker 2: I did see that and it translated onto the field. It backed up my statement. I do like his tackling. I do like his man coverage skills. He's much faster than his combine time, much like Terry on Arnold was. And I pointed that out to people that was clamoring about it. Oh we got slow corners again. We're gonna get beat left and right.
Speaker 3: I'm also the bottom right, the bottom line. It goes back to what I learned when I was covering the Dolphins that Don Shula taught me, and that's really carried over to a lot of coaches. Dan Campbell's doing what Don Sulla preach. Play a guy to his strengths, and that's what's going to happen with this guy, and that's why he'll be a factor. That's all I'm saying. That's why I brought it right.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see it. I see him developing fine in a year or two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, well that's okay, that's why we brought in that. We did well. Everybody knows that the average roster turnover thirty to forty percent every year anyway, So I.
Speaker 1: Want one one nugget from the game tonight that's happened so far. Patrick Mahomes rewrote more Kansas City Chiefs history Thursday, replacing Len Dawson as the franchise's all time leader in passing yards. Mahomes entered the season opener versus the Ravens only eighty three yards behind lost Lawson, who passed for twenty eight thousand, five hundred and seven yards in one hundred and eighty three career appearances with Kansas City. Mahomes broke that mark in his ninety seventh regular season game. That tells you how much the game has changed and how much the passing game it has become.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you just said it right there. Back then, there was more balance than to run in the past, and I was pretty one sided. That's what everybody wanted. That's what they ended up.
Speaker 2: As much as they're passing now, I still think it's crazy that it was Jim Hardy, the quarterback of the Chicago Bears in nineteen fifty that set the record only trying fifteen passes with eight interceptions.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Well, once upon a time, Jeremy, I once thought that Dan Marino's record of sixty thousand plus yards and they would be broken. And now this guy who set records that were apparently unbreakable, it's probably like eight or ninth due to the fact that the league has changed. And I'll say the thing about not only that, I'll tell you anything about Dan marino personal feelings is lie. People that know me know I don't like the guy. But I'll tell you one thing as an objective you have to be objective in this business. Is he had the quickest release I've ever seen in my life, and he avoided because of that quick release. I've never seen a quarterback ever, I swear, ever have his quick release of Dann ma Reno. And that's why he racked up a lot of yards. And it hadn't hurt that Don Schull has had a lot of great receivers in there, so we could throw it where we needed to throw it too. So there's a combination with that quick release, Jeremy, I'm telling you, if you look at oh, yeah, it was unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know, Dan Reno is one of the greatest quarterbacks ever played the game. That's undeniable as a person. But anyways, when it comes to these records being broken, they're going to continue to be broken. Why because back then when Len Dawson played, you had twelve games in a regular season. Now there's seventeen. It's increased three times since Len Dawson played the game of football. And every time it's increased, the passing game has become more and more prominent each time. And it's a passing league now. There's so many rules to help quarterbacks and wide receivers now it's almost hard to defend them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and in a couple of years will be eighteen games. It doesn't matter, Well, there'll be eighteen. Did you know how many games of the old USFL played.
Speaker 2: Oh they played eight games a year if I remember right.
Speaker 3: No, the old USFL back in the nineteen eighties.
Speaker 2: Oh, that one was, what's four six games something like that. I can't remember.
Speaker 3: The old United States Football League back in the Yeah, they played eighteen games.
Speaker 2: Oh, they did play eighteen.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah they did. They played eighteen games back and I covered the USFL Championship in Tampa back then, eighteen games can you play? And they didn't have any preseason and.
Speaker 2: Right, that's why you know eighteen is the magic number, and I'm going to tell you why. That's what has been pushing for for a long time. And we're gonna end up with two by weeks. And if you actually look at how it falls down, there's gonna be one week where it's the whole NFL and then the other one's going to be that rotating by week like we have. Now, you're gonna have a set by week probably in the middle of this and everybody else is going to rotate from week three through week fifteen. Other than that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but here's what you everybody has to understand. When you got to seventeen, you knew eighteen was inevitable, but you have to check. You have to carve it out one game at a time. But in this case, it was different in terms of expansion. Katie, I'm getting a good education tonight from US two. I know she's enjoying this.
Speaker 2: So and also when they lower the preseason games to two there's a reason they do not want preseason and the regular season to exceed twenty games a season for the NFLPA. That's why. You know, at one time it was it was four preseason games, even when they had fourteen games. That's because eighteen was the goal to get to. That's what it was all about.
Speaker 3: Well, here, I'll even throw something out on your plate. You know, by next Labor Day, they're gonna have games five days leading up to it, and after it's inevitable they're gonna take over labor and they're like like baseball the July fourth holiday. Auto racing has Memorial Day, right, and then the NBA has Christmas, although the NFL is going to get piece of that action. The NFL has Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: And here's the crazy thing. When they do that, that means the Super Bowl every year should fall on President's Day weekend. You know what it means that Monday's a national holiday. The post Office, all government buildings are closed, and most schools are too.
Speaker 3: It's all coming your way, folks. We're giving it to you Barwrick and the Motor City Man tonight. We're giving it to you. Sorry, Candy, I know you're the host of the show, but sometimes it is hard for me to keep quiet from time to time.
Speaker 2: And I think that when they do that, they need to expand the rosters.
Speaker 3: Well, they will, they will. It needs to be.
Speaker 2: Expanded to a sixty man regular roster.
Speaker 3: And well they're going to do that. I mean, what if you're going to go out there and have eighteen games, you know, there's gonna be more jobs that will be all part of the collective bargaining and neghost to get you to eighteen.
Speaker 2: And I think I think that's the perfect number if you think about it, with the number of added games and the number of added injuries over the past few years, since they added the seventeenth game, adding that seven man to the regular roster and then adding another six to the practice squad, there will be no team without enough depth to be able to withstand injuries.
Speaker 3: Bingo, bullseye, two bees like fucking boots bingo and bullseye. Oh, we're in a beast state of mind. A night on fire up. Oh, we have to see who's the host of the show.
Speaker 1: Andy, it's all good, it's all good.
Speaker 2: Well, and I think it's time for me to say where they can find me now, Okay, I'm just guessing, Well, you can find me right here every Thursday on Fire Up and occasionally on Tuesdays if Scott needs me. And who knows, after what I just dropped for my mid Town segment, I might get a shot to be on one hundred and eight Stitches again.
Speaker 3: You know, actually, I'm actually kicked the idea because you did show me a little bit of something tonight. I might give you a cameo on that after what I saw tonight, I was going to tell you that off camera. But you know what, I might consider throwing you in once in a while.
Speaker 2: I just was throwing it out there.
Speaker 3: Rambled off all that baseball stuff. This guy is trying to get airtime anyway. Get it. The one way he might crash the party might be on baseball. I was surprised you what with Tigers of all things? Keep going, I mean her.
Speaker 2: Up and then you also have my writings on the South Florida Tribune dot com. You have my channel which is Kneecap Biting with the MotorCity Lions, which airs on YouTube, Facebook soon to be Twitter again. Because I just didn't want to pay for the premium service. I got mad at elon Musk and I'll explain that after the show. But I also go live on Roku, Firestick, and Amazon, so I'm everywhere times a week.
Speaker 4: On my own channel.
Speaker 3: The guy gets around the amount of shows that you do. My voice would be worn out by now. It's already been worn out after forty What.
Speaker 1: The times are your shows, Jeremy?
Speaker 2: I have from noon to one Monday through Friday, which is Lions Talk with Smoking Jeremy B. It's nine times out of ten, just me by myself every now and then my co host gets to have a day off and join in. Then we have my Monday Night mash up with him where we talk Lions and Giants news. On Wednesdays we have the NFL Roundtable Talks where we do the weekly pick thems where I pick every game in this NFL schedule. It's not against the spread, it's just to pick them people. And then on Fridays is the Lions Fan Cave Chat. And I was doing Sundays for the NFC East North and East Power Hours because we get got fans of other teams in both divisions and we talk about the news throughout the week. But now that the Lions play this Sunday. I think I'm gonna have to cancel my show because I'm not gonna be talking live on a lion show.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sure that. I'm sure that's going to really break here heart, seriously, but I don't even say as loud as I have to. I have to make sure we protect these bad boys, because I do have plans to do some public speak. Yes you do, so I have to make sure.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of you for being here for over an hour and us just bullshitting back and forth. Scott jear me.
Speaker 3: It's fun. And by the way, you sick them head. You forgot to mention one thing. You're in the book, Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I am. I am in the book. Towards the back half of the book, when he talks about people he's led into the business, he mentions me and what I've done. And I also have read the book and I have left my review without even mentioning myself.
Speaker 3: Well, you earned your way in the book, and I ended up finding you from a doormat place which I don't even know if they're even in business anymore. If they are now, I'm not mentioning any names. I don't want to do that. But the bottom line is I created Grand Lars and he's snapping you up from there and it is what it is, and I'll leave it at that. But good stuff. You know, I love talking football, talking sports, and Candy, with all due respect, does an outstanding job on the show. I'm proud of what she's done. She's she's remarkable. She really is. Am I biased. I don't have to be biased towards the woman. If she makes mistakes, she'll hear a lot it like anybody else. But the bottom line is she's a very coachable woman who does a lot for this network as well as the publication with her commitment towards making sure the written stuff is in there and of course the show and now she's playing with these real things. Don't even think I don't even know how to do that. So I just potted off on her to do it if I come up with an idea. So but you know, you know, but we'll all do respect. This is a good show on Thursday night, and I'm glad we have it on Thursday night, and people are going to give the outdates and my and our goal is, you know, they're Candy is gonna come up with their own style, and I like what she's doing everything. I just got in the mood to come on at night, which is what I did.
Speaker 1: But well, you're welcome anytime, anytime.
Speaker 2: Always, always boss man, miss talking sports with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So meanwhile, you know, I don't know which football I'm going to watch the night. I know Bucky and Boots are waiting to come out here and hang out with Mommy and Daddy after I'll watch a little bit. But at least it's close enough to know that the game isn't in doubt quite yet.
Speaker 1: Nope, that's anything.
Speaker 3: But so you know, there's one thing I do want to mention that the Chiefs said very classy tonight when they talked about their four banners, is Chad Hanny that he was out there and got to go ahead be part of the opening ceremonies. For those of you that don't know much about Chad Henny, he's a former quarterback at the University of Michigan. So Chad actually retired after that Super Bowl and he went out on top. He wasn't a starter, but he want to keep playoff game. Anytime you want to play key playoff gave you st Patrick Malmes win it that she's handled it the right way. The only question we'll all have about, and she says, you'll find out on our networks, is are they going to be in Kansas City or are they're gonna be in Missouri. They're gonna be in Kansas TVD Well, so that teaser out there.
Speaker 2: Kudos to Chad Henny doing something one of the greatest backup quarterbacks never got to do. What's that's Ryan fitzmagic. He never got to win a playoff game for any team he played for. Chad Henny got to win one when Pat Mahomes went down, led a ninety six yard drive to put him in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, the last time that I remember of any significance that that happened was many years ago during the Dolphins underbeated season. Earl Morrile is the one that carried the ship when Bob Greasy went out and Bob Greasy finished the job. So there's a little bit of hands that are watching the broadcast. You know what, with all due respect, I know a lot about the fish there as well.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, and then prior to that, Don Shula was coaching a little upstart team called the Colts that had Johnny Unitas who got her in. Earl Morrell won those two playoff games.
Speaker 3: Don Schuell is not stupid. I was joking around the other day that I hope that Bill Belichick likes his time in the media so that Don Schuele's record will of being the all time winning his coach and Pat called me a little bit more of a Don Shuele guy. But then again, I worked with him for a couple of years and learned a lot from coach. So I mean, for those of you that want to reach says, I can tell you stories about him in my short two year period, and I attribute a lot of that to my good buddy Chip name. This is as you haven't fun? Yeah, I'm enjoying all right, Well Andy, all right, proper.
Speaker 1: Take it away, Jeremy. You always get to end their show, Okay.
Speaker 2: Try every day to be a better person than you were the day before. It's the only way to make the world a better place. It starts right here within yourself. Much love to everybody in the jet. Have a great week, everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, God blessed. We appreciate the chat room participation. Outstanding.
Speaker 1: Thanks everybody, have a great week. Good night,