Speaker 1: While there are dark horses, and there are contestants in life that just don't want to be here yet find themselves firmly rooted on a path to victory. Laps Helen Hart, the ultimate of wrestling matriarchs, finds herself, despite not even being in the mix for the initial TLFX Game's bracketing close to a potential victory in this tournament to crown the greatest character in the history of the Lapse Man podcast. Hi, this is the TLFX Games event Center, am Sean Mooney, and our next encounter pits two absolute titans in very different regards, as Lapsed Helen Hart, who defeated Terry Funk in our last round to get to our quarterfinals, takes on none other but the American dream Lapsed Dusty Rhoads, who, of course dispatched his career long nemesis Nature Boy lapsed Rick Flair. The last time we were with you in our bracketing The TLFX Games, of course, is brought to you by Garage Beer. The garage is always open, no bitterness. Beer that tastes like beer, definitely not an iba. We're talking small batch. We're talking smooth drinking. And if there's anybody and our bracken and the nose about smooth drinking. It's none other than the daughter of New York, the matriarch of the tremendous heart Wrestling Plan of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Here, despite her great protestation, still in the quarterfinal round, and this encounter is Helen Hart.
Speaker 2: I mean, what the absolute fuck? All right? I have been dreading this. I don't know why I'm in this fucking thing, but I keep taking these bitches down because I know what's real and they don't. I don't fucking care if I win to lose, but I'm probably gonna win because Dusty Road is a fucking idiot. He's another believer in this fucking bullshit. You know his son there, that that, that, that Cody whatever the fuck he keeps talking about how there's there's not just one royal family in in in the in in in the pro wrestling business. Let me tell you something, all right, Dusty, about your fucking son. There's no fucking royal families in this shit. It's all dirt, it's all horseshit, it's all Who the fuck cares? This is awful, this business. There's nothing royal about it. There's nothing regal about it. All it is is misery, death and just a bunch of fucking idiots who think they're smarter than they actually are. And I'm not even just talking about the Rhodes family. I'm talking about my family. Fucking Brett. You know, he fucking believes everything he fucking says. You know the let me tell you something, all right, I envy the ones that are dead. They got out, they got out. I'm still here suffering, and I'm getting dragged through this tournament to be the king of fucking whatever. And all I want to do is just be alone in my room with my bottles, the true loves of my life us your roads. You can go fuck yourself, because I'm gonna just take my kitchen knife and I'm gonna stab you up and down to the fucking days done. I hate you, I hate this, I hate my life.
Speaker 1: It's worked for her so far, somehow, some way lapsed, Helen Hart finds herself in the quarterfinals of the TLFX Games King of the Cast tournament. Helen was able to handle one of the great legends in the history of the sport, coming fresh off of a month's long journey that this podcast provided soup to nuts his entire life and professional restsrestling. Laps Terry Funk proved absolutely no match for the woman who once gave him quarter when he came through calgarys NWA World Heavyweight Champion in the mid seventies. Laps Helen coming out with seventy one point six percent of your vote to Terry Funk's twenty eight point four percent. She faces off against someone who had a slightly tougher outing in the last round, but perhaps not as tough as you would expect considering how closely matched the two were over the course of their storied wrestling careers. Laps Dusty was able to defeat Laps Flair in the last round of the TLFX Games by a margin of sixty six point one percent to Dusty to thirty three point nine percent for Rick Flair. We bid a due to the nature Boy, and we turned the stage over now to Helen Heart's opponent in the next round of the TLFX Games. It's lapsed Dusty Road.
Speaker 2: If he daddy, we're talking about taking the dreams baby, making dream the reality.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 2: That's right, I'm a Macan dream Dusty road, and I'm taking on the Canadian dream heaven had, Daddy, and we are going faith to faith, head to head, and we get down to the king of the cast. We're talking about who's gonna be mister Millennium, Who's gonna be the madam of the building, Who's gonna be the one dancing on top of the roof, taking things down, taking the drinks, taking the happiness, taking.
Speaker 3: It all, baby, Because that's what we do here. We take it, Daddy. We put the smiles on my face and we say, you know what, the American dream, Dusty Roads Eve, that king of the chaost. I've been a world champion. I've been the best. I've been the worst, Daddy. I've gone up down, six five ways, every which way you can go. And you know what, my way here has been nothing, nothing but hard times. If you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Jim Hurd, Baby, he's got a weapon stashed every corner you go down, You're doet no matter where he is you find Jim Hurd, He's got a gun, he's got a knife. He is a sneaky motherfucker, sneaky motherfucker taking things to a whole different level. But I took him down and I moved on, baby, because the American dream is nothing but perseverance, all right. I am perseverance, impersonified. And then I come down with my ultimate rival from up and down, from every which way. It's you and me, Ric Flair.
Speaker 3: I took Rick Flair down the way that I did it when I beat him for the World Championship like a nineteen eighty five. Because that's the way it happens, daddy, Because the American dream takes away all the niche a boy. And now I'll come faith to faith with with Helen Hawt. And you know what, the American beam brest the ruds. He has gone into places where he doesn't belong, and he comes down on top again. And you know what, if Helen Hart takes me to the lady's room, baby, I don't mind doing that. I'll fighter in the lady's room. I'll fighter in the men's room. It doesn't matter which way we fight, because I will take that bitch down.
Speaker 1: A tremendous show off of whin It's a tremendous show off of perseverance. Is I believe Dusty Roads was able to pronounce it and so much more it's misery versus spirit, It's hunger for glory versus hunger for the bottle. Its laps Helen Hart versus lapsed Dusty Roads. In the quarterfinals of the TLFX Games, the King of the Cast tournament, rockin and rollin on our way to the finals, and you do want to keep your eyes peeled to the Lapsed Fan's x account at the Lapsed Fan for forthcoming instructions on how you too can vote on who advances to determine the greatest character. In ten years of that cast, this has been the TLFX Games event center. I'm Sean Mooney and we'll see you next time for the final of our quarter final encounters.