Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: It's a diet coke.
Speaker 1: It says no sugar, no calories, just cancer. Here's why I'm getting into a diet coke. At nine oh six. Okay, let me get a sip here.
Speaker 2: Let me get a little hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta take a one rip off of that thing before you all right.
Speaker 1: So I ran out of time this morning at the house to make coffee or for an espresso machine to make the coffee, right, And so I get.
Speaker 3: How little time do you have? I do?
Speaker 2: I am a child. I never learn, I never get better.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I stop at the Whole Foods, which is the closest place next to the station. I've got some time. It's eight forty, okay. I get into the coffee line at eight forty. There are three people ahead of me, and there's one guy working the coffee slash smoothie slash elixir counter. Sure, because it's eight in the morning, right, which makes no sense you would have one person working a counter that large. He's a twenty year old white male and he seems like he's not awake yet because he's a twenty year old male, Like why is a twenty year old male working a coffee counter?
Speaker 2: Like that just seems like a mismatch out the He should be sleeping, he should.
Speaker 1: Be growing, you know, I don't know growing. Yes, boys grow til they're twenty five. So he's got there's three people ahead of me, and he's got three cups in front of him that are empty, which means he's got three drinks to make before he even gets to the three people ahead of me. I wanted to wait, just to just for the story effect, Like how long is it going to take for me to get to the head of this line? I left at like fifty two and I still hadn't.
Speaker 3: Ordered yet, So you didn't even get your coffee.
Speaker 1: Twelve twelve minutes in that line, and I didn't even get to the head of the line to order the coffee. Well, twelve minutes for coffee in the morning on a weekday out a whole foods. He was moving at a glacial I don't blame him, I blame who ever put him there.
Speaker 3: I bet you there are a lot of people out there who feel really bad for you.
Speaker 2: He should be shining apples or something working produce.
Speaker 3: Shining apples.
Speaker 4: Actually, I know produce is a really tough job shining apples.
Speaker 1: I don't I'm not asking you to feel bad for me. I'm just pointing out that that's an absurd amount of time. It is an absurd man for coffee, that's all. And our coffee machine here doesn't work. Oh yeah, so I couldn't even offer you bad coffee.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I still haven't had station coffee for about twenty years, ever since the mold incident.
Speaker 4: It's probably better for your stomach, your stomach lining the Dike co this stuff. Well, I wouldn't say that the Di coke is better. I was going to say just not having station coffee. Yeah. Well, there's a little bit of I think Elon Musk may have stepped over the line here, and he does.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump does not like to be upstaged.
Speaker 2: And Elon Trump's mad about it.
Speaker 4: Well, Elon Musk has gotten a lot of publicity over the last twenty four hours for having some hand, at least in the plan to shoot down a compromise bill that would have averted the government shutdown.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about a little bit later.
Speaker 1: Did you see that in the new spending bill that it gives Congress their first pay raise since two thousand and nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would have.
Speaker 2: It would have. But how come we didn't know about that?
Speaker 1: Because we we're dumb people and we don't dig through things. The pay increase for members of Congress would go from one hundred and seventy four thousand to two hundred and forty three thousand per year. That's a sixty nine thousand dollars bump of living cost of living a raise.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's that big.
Speaker 4: I saw a report that said it was that high, but I also saw that said it was about a six thousand dollars raise per year.
Speaker 3: That is more. Now, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 4: Congress absolutely capable will be an a hole, So it's not like they couldn't do that. We'll talk about the Georgia Appeals Court ruling that Fulton County DA fani Willis has to be disqualified from the Trump case. There are thousands of Amazon workers who walked off the job.
Speaker 3: It's not like they're busy right now or anything.
Speaker 4: And a twenty year old guy in Carlsbad connecting to that shooting in Madison Wisconsin. We did find out the identities of the student and teacher who were killed in that shooting in Madison, Wisconsin at Abundant Life Christian School. Forty two year old Aaron West the teacher, obviously, and then fourteen year old Ruby Vergara, the victim's names were released just yesterday by the Dane County Medical Examiner. They were both pronounced dead at the scene. There were six other people injured in the shooting, two students hospitalized in critical condition. At the time that this happened, they were listed as those were life threatening injuries, but at this point they're saying that they are expected to pull through, still considered a critical condition.
Speaker 3: Though candilight vigil was held this week.
Speaker 4: The suspected shooter, of course we know, died of the self inflicted gunshot wound, at least according to the medical examiner, and they said the most recent news conference, the police chief said, this appears to be a combination.
Speaker 3: Of factors in terms of motive in this case.
Speaker 1: Well, this story I had kind of seen here and there, and I've ignored it because while it's going on in France, were removed from France, and also because it involves rape and I just never wanted to click this morning. I clicked on this story about this man who has been now sentenced to twenty years for repeatedly drugging his wife and recruiting dozens of other men to rape her while she was unconscious. Get into the details of this and just more questions pop up. A lot of questions about who the siko is. I mean, he was finally caught when he was shooting underneath women's skirts with his camera in a supermarket or something. But like, this guy's obviously a monster. How did the wife not know what was going on? Or if she knew what was going on, how is that handled mentally? And number three, the grossest part of it to me is the sheer amount of men that would be willing to do this right.
Speaker 2: It's not just one monster, it's a web.
Speaker 4: It's an awful I mean, it feels like this is one of those rare stories where you got to have just a warning it is. It's a worn, awful, awful story. But there will be justice if you There'll be some amount of justice.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's enough.
Speaker 2: Justice, but there's some other twenty years Come on.
Speaker 4: Gary and Shannon will continue a reminder that in the eleven o'clock hour today we're going to be doing It's a KFI Wonderful Life with some special guest appearances from some people. And then you can always listen on the podcast, which is great. Go to KFI AM six forty dot com, slash Gary and Shannon or find us on the iHeart app or anywhere else you get your your podcasts.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: As you heard Amy mention, Luigi Mangioni's now back on the ground in New York.
Speaker 3: They flew him from Pennsylvania today. He waived extradition.
Speaker 4: The judge just kind of okayed that rubber stamped basically, so he's going to be in New York. Speaking of that area, the FAA finally finally issued a ban on drone flights over a large swath of New Jersey. This ban continues through January seventeenth. It prohibits flights in airspace near twenty two New Jersey cities, including three of the state's largest Camden, Elizabeth and Jersey City. Only drone pilots that are authorized to operate for national defense, law enforcement, or disaster response purposes are permitted to send drones into the air.
Speaker 3: Is this going to stop the drone sightings?
Speaker 4: No, but at least you would know now that whoever's doing it is doing it illegally. Squirrels are deadly. We'll talk more about this when we get into strange science. But you see, Davis has a study that shows squirrels don't just eat nuts and things, they're hunting. They're hunting smaller rodents. Now, yeah, twelve year study the California ground squirrels at the Brionis Regional Park in Contra Costa County. They said squirrels began to chase and eat little voles, which are like a field mice, kind of a cousin of the field mouse.
Speaker 1: So get ready for a heinous story involving the mass rape.
Speaker 2: Essentially.
Speaker 1: A French court today sentenced a Dominique Pellicot to twenty years imprisonment for repeatedly drugging his ex wife and recruiting dozens of other men to rape her while she was unconscious. As you could imagine, this is a case that stunned France and the world for a number of seasons. This guy, the ex husband, was convicted of aggravated rape and other charges along with forty nine other men. It's the largest rape trial in French history. The ex wife in the case, Giselle, has been at the forefront of this case, very vocal, very visible.
Speaker 2: She's seventy two.
Speaker 1: She waived her right to anonymity because she wanted to face her abusers in court.
Speaker 3: I don't even know where to begin.
Speaker 1: She's a grandmother. Her name is Giselle. She believes she was in a loving marriage lasted nearly a decade. Her husband was sedating her with sleeping pills and filmed the men abusing her. The trial happened in Avignon, which used to be the home of popes. For seven popes were taking up residence in Avignon anyway. One of the reasons why this shocked France is because the other guy, the forty nine other guys that walked into court and testified and were brought up on charges, represented not garbage people, but a wide section of society, highlighting just how gross and bad that species is.
Speaker 3: We're all the same species.
Speaker 4: During the trial, this ex husband admitted to what he did, testified that he used tranquilizers hit in their food, and drink to put her into a deep enough sleep that she wouldn't awaken. Many of those who are accused, I think it was fifty one, including the husband, were accused. Many of them did not confess despite the fact that they had video and photographic evidence.
Speaker 2: Because of these guys doing is what he liked. He liked to take video of this. The guy's young, old.
Speaker 1: All colors came from all walks of life, firefighters, soldiers, a baker, a nurse, list, a DJ, a sports coach.
Speaker 3: Here's here's a thing.
Speaker 4: Now, this woman has gone through unimaginable assault, pain, or whatever term you want to put on it. It's unimaginable. She was one who said I want those videos and photos shown in court. She wanted these people to suffer for what they had done, and they will.
Speaker 1: She thought she had like Alzheimer's or something. She thought she had like a brain issue because of all the memory gaps, because she didn't realize when she was unconscious that she was unconscious. I guess the men ranged in age from twenty six to seventy four. Like, who responds to that? I mean he found I guess he found these men online. And what did he tell them? This is me and my wife's kink. She likes to pretend she's unconscious and this is what we like to do. And I don't know how you and who responds to that. All these guys responded to that. You know, you could see maybe one or two monsters were.
Speaker 4: But not fifty well and did they know each other? I mean, was this a group that was informed that there were other people doing this?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Many in France now say that this has changed the face of sexual assault in France because of how courageous she was, because of her courage and her composure and her decision to keep this thing private. I don't know how much say she would have in that system in France versus what sexual assault victim might have here in the United States. But obviously there have been protests, supporters, demonstrators, there has been new scrutiny when it comes to rape laws that exist in France and other sexual assault accusers to come forward.
Speaker 1: They do have this lais fair attitude when it comes to sex. I mean, obviously rape goes way beyond that, but that's being talked about as well, like maybe sex is a big deal.
Speaker 4: And and your point, I mean, there was a question when I started seeing some of the headlines about this, the question of how does she not know that something is going on?
Speaker 3: How does she not know she's being true?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, there's there there are still questions, and listen, it's all there's no there's no way I'm going to go dig deeper into this story to find out the answers to some question.
Speaker 2: She's just going to say.
Speaker 1: When you were asking that question, I was saying, you know, I found out enough to know that it happened.
Speaker 2: It's awful. I'm not going to dig into it and find out all the particulars.
Speaker 4: If you're so, she's a grandmother, which means she's obviously had kids.
Speaker 3: This is not her first marriage this guy.
Speaker 4: They have three kids, So they have three kids, but not with this guy, right, because she's only been married to this guy for ten years. Okay, two things. Number One, he only gets twenty years, right, that's a life sentence. It's multiple life sentences for the egregious nature of that. But the second thing is, if you're her child and you found that someone was doing that to your mother, do you know what kind of murderous rage would you have to choke down?
Speaker 2: Well, and where were you? I don't know. It says a lot of questions.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll never do that, So we'll never do that story again. Wall Street Journal has a.
Speaker 4: Terrifying look at what people around Joe Biden knew since day one when he took office. And you think he's quiet now, and you think that the disapproval ratings are high, now, man, this is gonna crater whatever legacy he has going into his waning days as president.
Speaker 1: Ooh, in an update on the wild monkeys. Remember the monkeys from South Carolina that escaped?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why did we stop hearing about the wild monkeys because.
Speaker 3: They ended up on someone's dinner plate?
Speaker 2: No, you don't eat eat monkeys.
Speaker 3: I don't eat monkeys. No, but some people do.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the monkey Brain? Yeah, that was the worst scene in the whole That was awful.
Speaker 1: I had a harder time with that than that movie with Hannibal Lecter when he opened that guy's brain at the dinner table.
Speaker 4: You're okay with human brain. It's the monkey brain soup that you had a problem with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got it.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: Probably not going to get into swamp Watch today simply because we're going to be doing It's a KFI Wonderful Life coming up in the eleven o'clock hours.
Speaker 3: Still plenty going on in DC.
Speaker 4: Republicans have scrapped the latest bipartisan plan to avertic government shutdown, at least partially because of pressure from President elect Trump and the Elon Musk of all people. In fact, my point earlier was that he's maybe starting to skirt that line where he's gonna start over shattering the president elect. Mediaite named Elon Musk the most influential media personality of the year. They said that Musk is poised to become the most powerful civilian in American history if he's not already and augment his incredible fortune in the process.
Speaker 3: I don't know that's going to sit very well.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: People are already going nuts talking about the two headed monster that is Elon Musk and Trump and how this is moving us out of a democracy.
Speaker 4: And yeah, the Dow is back in positive territory. It's up one hundred and thirty five points right now. Yesterday it marked ten straight days of losses on the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Stocks and bonds sold off after that Fed Reserve announcement that ended its policy meeting yesterday with the new set of economic projections pointed to a potentially slower pace of interest rate cuts next year than had been previously forecast.
Speaker 1: Well, the fall of Joe Biden may have started earlier than we thought it did.
Speaker 4: The Wall Street Journal is out with an article today about how the White House functioned with a diminished Biden in charge, and one of the things that it suggests is they knew about this even before he took the White House in June of twenty twenty, or, I should say, during the twenty twenty presidential primary. Jill Biden's press team, I mean, both the candidate and their spouse are going to have a press team simply because they're both important figures in today's campaigns. One of one of the things that kept being talked about about Jill Biden was she was campaigning for her husband so hard that she was in more counties than her husband had been. The Joe Biden campaign people to Jill Biden's people and said, hey, ixnay on the power a of whether or not he has the stamina to keep up with his own wife.
Speaker 1: The message was the more you talk her up, the more you make him look bad. This foreshadowed how Biden's closest aids and advisors would manage his limitations.
Speaker 4: Think about the most powerful cabinet positions, right the secretaries of blank which ones are the most powerful. You've got Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, probably Secretary of the Treasury. Those positions are the ones that should have the president's ear all day, every day if necessary. And this article points out how some cabinet members, including at least two of those I just mentioned, Lloyd Austin Defense and Janet Yellen Treasury, had either infrequent or rare meanings with the president at least one on one. Some legislative leaders had a hard time getting the president's ear at some of the key moments, especially when it came to our pullout from Afghanistan which ended in disaster.
Speaker 2: It wasn't just because he was so busy.
Speaker 1: It's because the people closest to him were trying to shield him from more people knowing just how bad it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they described One of the great lines in this article was presidents have always had gatekeepers, but in Biden's case, the walls around him were higher and the controls greater. They talked with Wall Street Journal says they talked to more than four dozen people who work in this White House or worked closely with this White House.
Speaker 1: They say they bodied him to such a high degree. The handholding is unlike anything other than anything other recent presidents have had, unlike anything that this small group of aids stuck very close to him. I mean, we saw the doors being open for him, him being led away, Obama leading him off.
Speaker 2: The stage, holding us forearm.
Speaker 1: All of this was and that's why we said at the time, our eyes do not deceive us. The fact that they came out and were so condescending to the American people and saying, oh no, behind closed doors, he's crazy, he's doing cartwheels, was just disrespectful.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One of the anecdotes comes from Congressman Adam Smith out of Washington. He said he was trying to talk to Biden about Afghanistan.
Speaker 3: This would have been twenty twenty one.
Speaker 4: He was the chair of the House Armed Services Committee, that is arguably one of the more powerful positions in the House. And he said he didn't like the fact that everybody in the administration was overly optimistic about how we were going to do this operation. And this guy who has the ear of probably thousands of service members or they have his ear. He said, I was begging them, set your expectations low, make sure we know, oh, how this is going to go, because it's not going to go well if you continue down this path. And he said he repeatedly asked to get the president and never could. Shortly after Shortly after the withdrawal, thirteen Americans were killed, one hundred and seventy Afghans dead. He put out a comment to The Washington Post, this is Adam Smith about the administration not having a clear eyed view of the durability of Afghanistan's government. Secretary of State gets on the phone, Hey, you can't do that about the president. You can't say that we didn't have a clear eyed view of it. Joe Biden eventually calls Adam Smith and apologizes basically, but he said it was the only phone call he had received from President Biden the entire time he was there, and he's the chair of the House Armed Services Committee.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. They brought in a voice coach at one point to try.
Speaker 3: To help him with his voice. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The other anecdote was from Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin. Basic during the first half of the administration, he was there every single day for the President's Daily Briefing every single day. He and others would rotate, but he was there most of the time. And then after the Presidential Daily Briefing, they do a quick one on one just Joe, just Lloyd slapping hands, sharing some of those intimate secrets and details about what's going on in the world. And Lloyd Austin's people said those meetings diminished or almost completely disappeared in the second half of the Biden presidency. Well we still got it. We still got you know, thirty days or whatever how much time in this presidency. He's fading into the suite. He's like Ned Fland. No, he's it Ned or Homer that sinks back into the shrubbery.
Speaker 2: That's a teller, guy, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Isn't that like the neighbor ned Flanders. No, whichever it is, it is Homer. But it's now Joe Biden just kind of fading into the world, and I don't want him to do something crazy just to mark is the end of his presidency.
Speaker 3: But it's just a weird place to be.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: This transition is just as odd, perhaps as the transition from four years ago.
Speaker 1: Police are warning people in Florida about wild monkeys in the neighborhoods. Are these are escaped monkeys from South Carolina? Have they gone south into Florida? Are they living their lives like Hanna Kobayashi? I think so, just.
Speaker 3: Free, free from everything?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Do I have this computer up? Elmer? This one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is for you?
Speaker 2: Well, awesome for Geary because he was the one who was just talking about it.
Speaker 3: Are you were about the squirrels?
Speaker 4: You have stories going back about two years about squirrels, and you don't talk.
Speaker 3: About that anymore.
Speaker 4: I think I'd better grab a couple around here and bring them up and transplant right in front.
Speaker 3: You're a work door.
Speaker 1: Someone been hitting the sauce a little early on Thursday, I listen to Holidays, Gary and Shannon will be back.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Coming up at eleven o'clock.
Speaker 1: Gary has done it again, a bang up job writing our Christmas play of It's a wonderful life. We will take the hour to present that to you. It's very funny. You really have a gift for writing and for humor.
Speaker 4: Well, I told the idea. It's not an original story about.
Speaker 1: George, No, but it's it's personalized. Yes, it's like one of those books. Do you ever get one of those books? When you were little? I thought they were the coolest things that my name is it?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, God, that was the coolest thing.
Speaker 4: My cousin cousins had a couple of them, and I was like, they must be.
Speaker 2: Rich, right, right, totally they had somebody.
Speaker 3: Now, you could just do it a computer and no one cares.
Speaker 2: It was special in the eighties.
Speaker 4: Today, maybe the day that we get the Matt Gates report. The Ethics Committee voted secretly, we told you last or earlier this month to release this thing.
Speaker 3: Once they leave Congress or once they leave DC.
Speaker 4: It could happen today, But with them working on this continuing resolution trying to avert a government shutdown, maybe they wait until tomorrow. But he actually floated an idea that he shows up to Congress on January third to be sworn in, participate in the speaker election, take the oath of office, file a privileged motion to expose every me too settlement that was paid using public funds from members of Congress, and then turn around, resign and host his new TV show a few hours later. Wow, but he resigned from Congress. He can't show up and take the oath if he's not. He's resigned already from that Congress.
Speaker 1: Authorities in Florida are warning residents not to feed or approach the wild monkeys that have been spotted roaming around Orange City and to neighboring communities.
Speaker 2: This week.
Speaker 1: Police shared photos of the mysterious monkeys to social media, writing, the Orange City PD has received multiple reports of monkey.
Speaker 2: Sightings within the city.
Speaker 1: Now I would say that they are not mysterious monkeys, that we in fact know exactly who these monkeys are.
Speaker 4: Well, it's funny that you say that, because the Alpha Genesis Primate Research facility in you Maassy, South Carolina, where we know the monkeys escape from, or we know we should say we know some monkeys escape forty three Macox. They have stopped updating the search for the remaining missing monkeys.
Speaker 1: Because they've lost tabs on the monkeys, because the monkeys have made their way into Florida.
Speaker 3: It's very possible, but that seems like a lengthy trip on their behalf.
Speaker 2: Monkeys are very quick, very quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, but are they going to be just riding a Greyhound bus or is there a plan for them to go tree to tree to get into.
Speaker 1: The Monkeys can reach speeds of thirty four miles per hour. They're one of the fastest primates on Earth, significantly faster than the average human runner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but is that suggested that they run thirty four miles an hour.
Speaker 2: Or it's like they're like Dean Carnassis.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to explain that one. He's the ultra marathon runner, remember that guy. No, he's from northern California.
Speaker 3: They run slow, they just run, but he.
Speaker 2: Runs distances like from South Carolina to.
Speaker 4: Florida through the state of So wait a minute, So nobody in Georgia saw these monkeys because there is, you know, a state of Georgia between South Carolina and Florida.
Speaker 1: I went to public school, So I don't know. I mean, if they just if they just stayed along the coast there.
Speaker 3: Again, how many monkeys.
Speaker 1: People in Georgia are busy coast a Rica they're not.
Speaker 3: They're not hanging out on the beach between Southea here.
Speaker 1: Let me let me find the distance from the Okay, so the mouth.
Speaker 3: Carolina Okay, Alpha Genesis.
Speaker 4: By the way, the company has not provided an update on the missing monkeys since November eighteenth.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's two hundred and ninety four miles away.
Speaker 4: Okay, so two ninety four divided by thirty four it wouldn't take them is eight point six, So it's takes them less basically a work day, right nine to five for them to get They could.
Speaker 1: Have gotten through Georgia right quick with no one ever seeing them.
Speaker 4: Eight straight hours of traveling at thirty miles an hour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that do you think that's wird?
Speaker 2: Free?
Speaker 1: Have you ever tasted freedom after being incarcerated in a lab and people doing weird things to your body?
Speaker 3: Tasted monkeys? I have no I have not never freedom.
Speaker 2: You have not no I have because that is a sweet taste.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hey, kids, this is Jeff.
Speaker 6: I read an article that those wild monkeys came here to southern California and got jobs in the fast food industry, which makes sense because employers are not obligated to pay them twenty dollars an hour. And also they are locals. They are born here in the United States, so there's no immigration conflict.
Speaker 4: Interesting, it's possible. I mean, if they made their way to Florida, why wouldn't they be able to make their way for?
Speaker 2: Is everyone getting drunk today?
Speaker 3: Seems like it's the start of the holiday season.
Speaker 4: In my goodness, in the Talkback World eleven o'clock, we're doing It's a It's a KFI wonderful life, so stick around for that. But when we return a bomb threat. By the way, the phone call came from inside the house.
Speaker 2: That's always the scariest.
Speaker 4: Wow, we'll talk about this deputy mayor who got popped for calling in bomb threats. Oh live jedlike Gary and Shannon will continue right after this.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.