Speaker 1: It's nice eye with ongoing Mazy Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Or we're talking about the efforts by the Trump administration to cut and they're closing officers, they're cutting this, they're doing that. I don't have any concept at this point of how to calculate exactly what progress they've made. I've seen some wild speculation about people living and getting paychecks who are one hundred and fifty years old that has turned out to be untrue to the best of my knowledge. I again, I will continue to tell you that I believe we have a huge problem with a federal debt. Federal debt, I mean, we owe it thirty seven point two trillion dollars. Do the math as to how much each of us would owe it's it's an incredible amount of money.
Speaker 3: I don't know how we do it.
Speaker 2: I don't know how we do it. I really don't.
Speaker 3: But we'll see.
Speaker 2: At least the Trump administration is trying. Got to give him some credit for that. Uh, and the folks who are out of the streets demonstrating I understand that point of view.
Speaker 3: But as far as I'm.
Speaker 2: Concerned, look, bottom line, in my opinion is somehow, some way we got to get the debt down. How do we do it? I don't like to see people lose their jobs, But how do we do it? You tell me the only line right now? Six one, seven, We're gonna go next two. Well, this says wireless caller here, Rob's I'll bet you the wireless caller has a name in line in line three have been He's been waiting there the longest. We just lost the guy who know. I'll go to will in Long Island. Rob, Let's go to will in wrong in Long Island. We'll go right ahead.
Speaker 4: Hey, Dan, So, in order to understand our debt picture, we need to understand the thirty six trillion in debt we have. We also need to understand our GDP and our debt to GDP ratio. I'm not a huge fiscal conservative because of the way we've positioned ourselves in the world, the way the world system runs on our banking system. It's put us on top of the world. I love the people that argue about globalism in the United States when globalism has made us richer than any country in the entire world. We're the globalists, by the way.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but I also I also think I also think that we have a system called capitalism, which, uh, there's regulations and all of that. It's not unfettered capitalism, but capitalism works better in terms of uh than any other economic uh you know system that might exist anywhere in the world.
Speaker 4: So, right, so people naturally want to follow the economic system that's the best.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: The United States has.
Speaker 2: A too many people in our country, I say, on the country, you know, let's get rid of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we just we You just covered the fact that most of those people don't even though the simplest basic economics, let alone macroeconomics on a major world level. Okay, So the debt to GDP of the United States ratio is about one hundred and twenty percent. Okay, let's compare that to a country like Japan, another large economy, right, their debt to GDP is about two hundred and sixty four percent. All right, There are several countries. The G seven has a debt to GDP ratio of one hundred and twenty five. The United States is that one hundred and twenty two. So if anybody has the right to lead the world in debt to GDP, it's the United States, all right. When you borrow money, right, what do they base the amount of money you can borrow on on the amount of money you make. It's the number one factor when you go to apply for any type of credit anywhere in the world, whether not only are you going to receive it, but if you're worthy of it. The United States GDP is almost thirty trillion. You know what, China is not even eighteen we are, it's.
Speaker 2: About twenty siven trillion.
Speaker 4: Okay, to be honest, we right, twenty seven seven ninety three, which puts US close to twenty eight trillion. So the point is the United What.
Speaker 2: I'm saying is what I'm saying is, look, is that if we were to tax every commercial transaction, we're in an area which used to be considered banana republic land when you had countries in South America and Central America who's whose debt was more than one hundred percent of its GDP and those were smaller countries.
Speaker 4: Well, but today it's twenty twenty five DAN. The GDP for France, for Italy, for the UK, they're all similar to ours, and the United States dwarfs their economies. The United States GDP is that we discussed over twenty seven trillion. You know what the UK's is.
Speaker 5: The UK's is.
Speaker 4: The UK's is less than four trillion.
Speaker 6: The entire UK.
Speaker 4: Okay, Canada has a GDP of two trillion. We have one hundred and nine percent that to GDP. As a matter of fact, if Russia were estate.
Speaker 2: In the country, will will relax, relax, relax. You give me a whole lot of numbers, but you're not telling me what what you believe that means.
Speaker 3: Does that mean to you that we're in better shape?
Speaker 4: We are in better shape. We are in better shape than most of the rest of the world because of our ability to pay. We're worried about things that we should we should be worried about, of course. But the biggest concern of the United States is to a which Donald Trump is doing, straighten out asymmetrical trade deals that were put in place with allies and foes alike. Okay, we should certainly be the top recipient of the tariffs, and we shouldn't be paying more than other countries, so those need to be straightened. As a matter of fact, pre nineteen thirteen, all.
Speaker 2: Of the United States, Well, stop yelling at me. Okay, I'm not yelling at you.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, what.
Speaker 2: Yelling at me, that's what you're doing. Well, you're gonna yell at me. You're gonna tell me this number. This, this is what Britain is. This is what friend says. Follow along all the numbers here. No one's going to be able to follow you. Okay, if you want to talk about tariffs, I think it's a great idea that we say to countries that are charging us big tariffs, Okay, we're gonna charge you tariffs the same as you because I'd like to see no tariffs at all.
Speaker 3: That's what that would be, truly free trid.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think I think if we don't understand the full picture, it's easy to point at a thirty five trillion dollar debt and say that the sky is falling. Republicans have done that forever, which is funny because whenever they get in office, they spend more than the Democrat that was there before them. We gave in foreign aid the.
Speaker 2: Way, by the way again, will do me favor? Okay, I'm trying to have a conversation with you, man. Okay, normally we do a lot better than this, and all I'm trying to say to you is you're right.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 2: George Bush probably outspent in his eight years from two thousand and one until two thousand and nine. More now he's going to claim, well, we had nine to eleven of them. I watch. So whatever the reason is, we're in trouble. If you want to tell me, we're not in trouble because we're in better shape than Angola or I am saying we're in better shape.
Speaker 4: We're in better shape on Defferans better shaping.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fine, We're in.
Speaker 4: Better shape than a lot of people. Actually, we're in better shapes than a lot of countries.
Speaker 2: And as long as we continue to grow our GDP debt, our debt in terms of actual dollars is bigger than any debt in the world.
Speaker 4: Now, our our GDP is almost double the biggest, the next biggest one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I understand that. But all I'm just saying is, if the ship starts to go down, we're gonna you know, what, what would you do? What would you do? We agree on tariffs? What else do you want to do?
Speaker 4: I startinly agree on tariffs. I certainly agree on pulling back some foreign aid. We have committed to almost one hundred and eighty billion dollars in the Ukraine and dispersed almost one hundred billion. Their entire GDP is only one hundred and eighty billion, so we've literally committed to their entire GDP. We have funded Israel, which you know, I'm a huge fan of, but we've we've funded them since nineteen forty six to a tune of almost four hundred billion dollars. So let's start raining back some of that money. Number Two. I'm good for sensible cuts and areas of the federal government, especially of loaded bureaucracy that's sucking the money out of the public's pocket for decades. At this point. There's a lot of things that we can do. But what I'm a little bit concerned about is when we constantly bring up the thirty five trillion dollar debt as though that's the end all, be all for this nation, and that's just not true because financially we are the largest GDP in the order.
Speaker 2: And again will again conversation over speech, but that's fine. The more stuff you throw to list people a going to comprehend you talk about forty billion in support of Israel.
Speaker 3: I think that was the.
Speaker 4: Number almost four almost four hundred billion since nineteen forty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, forty eight Okay, fair enough. Okay, Now that four hundred billion on average, and I realized that the money is more is less valuable today than it was. That's about six billion a year on average. Divide four hundred by seventy five. That's that's six billion a year. That's one tenth of the budget of the state of Massachusetts. I think that's money pretty well invested in Israel. Okay, And I'm saying that, but I am no. But I'm just you're telling me. You throw a big number out there. I just want to put it in perspective. Well, well, I got to run. I'm way past my break. Next time, let's have a conversation, okay, instead of a yelling match. Okay, I think we'll have more we'll have more progress. Thanks, have a great night. Coming back on the night's side. We're just looking for a conversation, that's all. You know. Will was making a whole bunch of points, and I'm not sure that I caught them all. I don't know that you caught them all. I'd love to know what do you think right now? Maybe you like Will, Maybe it will be, you know, worried about the thirty seven trillion. That's okay, I am call me, you know, I'm I worry about that six one seven thirty six one seven nine three thirty. Come right back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, let's hear. Let's go to Patrick, DC. We almost lost Patrick there.
Speaker 2: Patrick, welcome next on Nightside.
Speaker 7: I was excited about being the unknown caller. I mean, that would have been really great.
Speaker 2: You know, well the reason I went to you was when I went to the unknown caller because he's been waiting there long enough and very really I don't ever remember Rob leaving someone up as the lead potential pick.
Speaker 3: To be an old caller.
Speaker 2: But we now know what is. It's Patrick.
Speaker 7: It was. It was you know, folks here since I was born in Washington, DC. And if you're really concerned about the government, the government waste and the government waste, maybe going away, don't worry. Will make some more, if any any waste anyways we cut out, Believe me, we will make some more. If we will not, we will not let the waste go go to waste. You know trust me on that one. But you know, I have to take the position because I work with with men in work boots and they really have boots on the ground and they work hard for their living, uh what little they have. They believe in their family. They're devoted to their wife, their kids, their job. They're the ones that show up every day. They're the ones that everybody counts on. And they are the ones who are not guaranteed anything. Okay, they are not guaranteed any and they we talk that we can lose our job tomorrow. Nobody guarantee our job could be gone to them. But we are the ones to keep all those people who are losing their jobs to have a job. If it wasn't for us, those people who were losing their jobs would not have a job. But so those people who were losing their jobs, they didn't help me get a job. I feel sorry for them, I do, But they didn't help me get a job. When they went into government, did they go to protect me? I don't think they did.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well yes, And you know, in all fairness to government workers, what happened to the Transportation Security Administration during the lockdown or the government shutdown was very very wrong. And I hope Congress for some reason, you know, if there is going to be a government shutdown, that we please do not do this to the Transportation Security Administration again if we want our planes flying. That was very, very bad. That was very bad. So there are some things that you know that can continually can go wrong, and we have seen a lot go wrong this year so far.
Speaker 3: And you know, unfortunately no doubt about that one.
Speaker 7: Patrick, all right, so on to the next. I appreciate listening to everybody, but I just wanted to put in that, uh, that thought about us people who provide the jobs for the people who are losing their jobs.
Speaker 2: Yep, I appreciate that. I really do. Thank you, Patrick, talk to you soon, all right, sir, Eric, good night. Let me go to Jason and Waltham. Jason and you are next one nights.
Speaker 8: I welcome, Hey, thank you, thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: You're welcome.
Speaker 8: So, so I got a few I got a few theories. So America is like a friend who takes you out to eat. I ain't Brud's about how much to spend on lunch, right, or they spend their last money and they tell you how they got problems at home how they didn't pay their rent. So we're so busy going around the world trying to fix other countries' problems, but we got problems are on backyard. We spend a lot of money for frivult I would say frivolous, but on unnecessary things that we don't should have to. For example, we got that we're hearing thousands and thousands of agents to deport people.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: It costs money for those agents to go from door to door reporting people that should even be deported in some cases, and they raise some people that need to be deported, right, but that costs money the plans.
Speaker 5: That we use.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to follow you, so give me, give me an opportunity because I'm trying to fall in. I want to make sure that my listeners follow you. So you're saying that America is in effect wasting money if I'm hearing you correctly by spending money to deport people, not just that.
Speaker 8: Was an example. That's just one example, right.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, I just want to what I'm trying to say to you, just bear with me for a second, Jayson, I just want to understand what you're saying is if if America is wasting money by obviously costs money to employ people, ICE agents, et cetera, by trying to deport people. So is that solution we save the money and we don't try to deport people.
Speaker 3: Is that do your suggestion.
Speaker 8: That could be obviously when they want to make up the deficit just by using that.
Speaker 2: No, no, I know that, but I'm just.
Speaker 3: That's just one thing. Let me ask you this, let me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, no, I know, I'm just I just try to say, here's my question. Should we have people on the border, you know, ICE agents making sure that people don't come in the country illegally. So I understand you're saying, we're not if you get in the country illegally, We're not going to have people spending money. We're not going to spend money hiring people to deport people. Should we spend money on the border to have people keep people out of the country.
Speaker 8: Yes, because the problem is already here.
Speaker 3: We shouldn't.
Speaker 8: We will never deport that amount of people we're trying to deport people are underground, who can I'm waiting.
Speaker 2: But what I'm trying to what I'm trying to understand is what you're saying to me. Is I think is Yeah, let's let's keep the border, don't let any more people in, but the people who got in, leave them alone.
Speaker 3: That's I think what you're saying. Is that correct?
Speaker 8: Or No, that's that's get them, get them when they go through the system, Get them when they go through the system.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: By then, I don't want to just focus on the immigration issue. Right, think about the walls.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 8: Why was this money hold on?
Speaker 2: Jason? You raised the immigration issue. That's why I'm asking you about it. You want to make I'll tell you what, Jason, if you want to make a speech, I'll be happy to just sit and listen.
Speaker 3: Would that be easier for you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 8: No, no, no no no no no no no.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like you and I haven't you sort of think of it like this, Jason, we just met and we're having a drink at a bar together, and we're talking baseball or we're talking politics, and you bring up something about immigration. So I just was trying to understand where you're coming from. You've said to me, people who are here, don't try to deport him, but keep people on the borders to prevent more people from coming in.
Speaker 3: That's what your solution.
Speaker 8: Is, right, Yeah, but that's not the entire solution. That's like a peace.
Speaker 2: That's a part of it. Yeah, Okay, tell us what else? What other solution do you have?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 8: All this money we're giving for wars that don't a concerns How does Iran in Russia concern Earth? How does it concern USA? How does Israel and concern USA?
Speaker 3: Immensely? In a word, immensely immensely.
Speaker 2: But Iran right now, Iran, right now, Jason is trying to get nuclear weapons and a delivery system of those nuclear weapons, which they have said they intend to use on Israel, which is our only friend, true friend in the Middle East. If Israel was hit by a nuke from Iran, Israel, which is the country about the size of New Jersey, would be obliterated from the face of the earth.
Speaker 7: That day.
Speaker 2: The stock market would crash, the world economy would crash. You would live in a world like you've never lived in before by that one nuclear strike. That's how it affects US.
Speaker 8: So so it's fight enough to say America is only going to get involved in the walls where America only benefits.
Speaker 2: I think that we should only I think I agree with you if you're saying that, that's what I'm saying. In other words, if there is a war that breaks out tomorrow between I don't know, Australia and New Zealand, let's pick up. Let's pick that, and we don't have a dog in that fight. You know, maybe we like Australia, maybe we like New Zealand. Maybe we try to negotiate or broker a peace and say, why are you guys fighting? But I'm not gonna send troops to Australia to beat New Zealand or New Zealand beat to us. Why would we do that. The only time you're going to get into a war is if the vital interest of the country involved. I think.
Speaker 8: There's ways, there's ways in our system don't save money through the judicial system. There's ways to save money. It costs money to inconstrate some of those people who aren't constrate it. That's one. Uh, it costs money.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you the question, Jason, what percentage of the people in this country, in your opinion, because this is an opinion, show what percentage of the people who are in prison and in this country should be let out to save money in your opinion, how many?
Speaker 3: What percentage of twenty percent?
Speaker 8: Anybody anybody with a non violent anybody with a non violent charge.
Speaker 3: Okay, that would be hold on, let me tell you. Okay, wait, hold on.
Speaker 2: Non violent criminals primarily are what we call white collar criminals, people who have engaged in monetary fraud. You know where those people go to prison. They go to prison in federal prison. The people who commit crime, street crime, violent crime, murder, rape, armed robbery, assault, et cetera.
Speaker 3: They're in state prisons.
Speaker 2: So you want to let you want to let the white collar crime criminals out, but but not the guys who have committed a victim, who have committed crimes of violence. Right.
Speaker 8: So, okay, I spent some time in Atlanta. I used to live in Atlanta, and I was in kind of Joe and Cop kind of jail. I'll say, all those people in there, they're in there for mister Minner's jail walking parking tickets, like mister minute.
Speaker 2: I want to believe you, Jason, because you sound like a really great guy, but I have never heard of anyone, never mind met anyone who was in jail only for jaywalking. That is what's called an urban myth. You don't go to jail for jaywalking in America. I'm sorry, you don't even get a record. Do you know how many times? Do you know how many times I've jay walked in America? Hundreds?
Speaker 8: Look up cop, Look up Marietta in cop comedy, Look up Marietta in cop conty.
Speaker 3: Fair enough?
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey Jason, I'm up on my break. We've actually gone eight minutes. It's been a fascinating conversation. I don't know if you've called my show before, but I'd like you to become a regular caller because we got a lot of talk. We got a lot of things to talk about.
Speaker 8: Fair enough, Thank you, I am. I am a very listener listener.
Speaker 2: I hope you become a more more frequent caller. Thanks Jason, have a great night. Good night.
Speaker 3: Six one thirty six one seven.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Back we Go.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go Rachel and Quincy Rachel next time.
Speaker 2: Nice. I welcome.
Speaker 10: Oh hey Dan, I've just been listening. I'm like, oh lord, I've got questions and then people what's it and like like no joke, Dan, this is crazy, And I'm like Okay, don't have to agree with Trump, don't have to agree with anything, but if you do bad things, yeah leave And mister Jason, I believe that's who you were just speaking with. He's like okay, and he's saying, well, you know, okay, well you go to jail to do this or do whatever. And I don't know why, you know, let him go whatever. I don't know, Dan, this is like crazy. I am so overwhelmed about. I am sorry. You more than welcome to come to the US, come properly. And it's you don't buy And I am not not that, not a Trump supportive, but I am when it comes to I am sorry. You need to leave the country if you are a violent person. And this is what part of what I did not understand when they opened up you know everybody coming in here.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, if.
Speaker 2: Biden administration made a mistake, they wanted to bring everybody in and they they were disingenuous about it. They they weren't honest with the American people, and they paid a price. They paid a horrific price. They lost the White House? And uh not only did did did? Did? Did Kamala Harris lose the election? Joe Biden was basically broomed for the White House, you know, I mean they paid a price. They paid a price.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 10: So I I would like to ask your opinion, because you know who I am. So now we have all these diseases that our children are being affected with. We've got a huge measle outbreak in Texas. Yep, We've got I don't know, I am like, I almost want to cry because all this diseases coming in. We get to berculosis now, and.
Speaker 2: Some people, some people believe firmly that this is direct related directly to lacks, you know, vaccination standards for people coming across the border. Other people say that there's a bunch of people who have made a decision in the wake of COVID not to take vaccines. I think more study needs to be done, and I hope it's honest study to find out who you know are contracting these these diseases. Theoretically, if you get a vaccine against measles, you shouldn't get measles, right, I mean, if you get a vaccine, you shouldn't get it.
Speaker 3: Now tuberculosis. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess that there's a there's all sorts of vaccines for everything. So you got to figure that, you know, it's got to be a study done, more than you and me just speculating because we might be wrong.
Speaker 10: No, but may I just say something so more than welcome come to the US, may we test you for this, this, in that and whatever.
Speaker 3: And well, that's what we did.
Speaker 2: That's what we did it. That's what was done at Ellis Island in the nineteen twenties. There's nothing radical about that, there's nothing new about that. Absolutely, you should do that, no question, you should do that, without question.
Speaker 10: Absolutely. My grandmother came over from Ellis Island from Scotland and her name is Wherever and and yes. But then when they opened up the borders and it's like oh yeah, hell yick, I'm on in, I'm on.
Speaker 2: Again. That was that was a mistake, Rachel. I gotta keep rolling here because they got a whole bunch of calls. Always great to hear your voice. Thank you much, appreciate it very much. We'll talk soon, okay. Thanks, right back at you, Right back at you, Rachel. Thanks Mikes and Lynn, Mike you next time.
Speaker 1: Night.
Speaker 6: It's not going to get you in here a.
Speaker 3: Good sir.
Speaker 11: I want to do Chris the people they one wooing and the submarine and the summary in the protection in our country. I've been here five yes, or I know about some guys go to work and pay taxes.
Speaker 3: All you know about is to go to work and pay taxes.
Speaker 11: Right, Yes, but I do respect the people because they are in the submarine. But nobody give them no respect.
Speaker 3: Okay, were you a submariner?
Speaker 11: No, I'm always but I do respect them.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, we're not really talking about submarines tonight, Mike. I don't know if you've been listening to the show much, but that's a little off topic.
Speaker 11: But they put our hands fry.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 2: They absolutely do. There's no question about that. And I appreciate your tribute to submariners everywhere. Thank you, Mike, appreciate your call. Okay, let's go next to Chris in Nanik. Chris, please don't talk about submarines. Go right, ahare Chris?
Speaker 10: I think, I think, Michael.
Speaker 6: It's going good. Interesting that is you tonight. I guess uh, you know, I'm a little disappointed.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 6: We have a lot of smart people in this country, and you know, to be honest, I feel like whether the presidents and the Congress and Senate just don't have a strong desire to listen to the economists that are should be at the table to make sure that we have a balanced budget, right, so we can't be running you know, these these deficits year over year and and then I think that we're we're gonna be okay. You know, I am fired up about this. I think we need to take some actions. So I like some of the things that are happening now to look at you know, where there's fraud and waste. You know, it seems like it's happening a little too fast, right, not really the precision that I would expect, right right, I think you go a little slower. But we've been in this tradition, you know, in the in the nineties, Clinton was able to address and run a surplus at that point in time. I think we just need to go back now, bring the right people at the table. And truthfully, I think we're gonna have to tax the the you know, the the elite, right somehow, raise taxes again and cut some programs. But it really just becomes to me very easy. It's fiscal responsibility, and we do not have that right now.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's a pretty good formula. To be honest with you, I'm not so keen on raising taxes because I think when you raise taxes, all you doing is feeding that that monster of the government, which has an appetite that believe as much taxes as you feed it. And there's a lot of people in this country who pay a lot of taxes, and we could tax everybody everything they make, and we're still not gonna that will not get us out of the debt of the depth that we're in right now.
Speaker 6: So it's it's, you know, it's both sides. You know, Color earlier mentioned that, right we could we could look at trying to figure out how we can uh, you know, cut you know the inefficient uh you know, the fraud in the in the ways that we can cut our spending, but it's also what we have to bring in more revenue. Right That's okay, So.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this. Okay, here's my question. Here's my question.
Speaker 2: What, in your opinion, should be the highest tax rate that American and Americans should pay? What What's what's the fairest tax rate that someone should pay?
Speaker 6: I mean, I think let me, let me, let me give you a better question. Yeah, let me give you.
Speaker 3: Let me give you a better question. Let me give you a better question.
Speaker 2: So let's assume that you make a million dollars somehow, you know, you're whatever, You're a movie star, you're an athlete, whatever. You make a million dollars. How much of that What percentage of that million dollars should you pay in federal taxes?
Speaker 6: In your opinion, I think in somewhere in the high twenties, twenties.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good, high twenties. Do you know what the top margin, the marginal rate is the top marginal rate is now, for the person who makes a million dollars, what is it? Thirty seven percent? Now, let's assume that's a movie star who lives in California. What do you think the tax rate is in California for someone who makes a million dollars?
Speaker 6: Yeah, again, let's just go back, right, we need during.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you. Let me since maybe some of the audience will like to know. So, if you live in California, you're gonna pay thirty seven percent on a million dollars, and you're gonna pay thirteen percent in state income taxes. So that means fifty percent of your earnings is going to go in taxes. This is when you're making a million dollars. Okay, so not everybody makes a million dollars, but there's not a lot of place to go and and charge people more money. Is what I'm trying to say to you, is we're kind of maxed out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I'm just trying to look back at you know, think back. You know, Clinton did it right in the the late nineties, right, we had a sharp plus and I think what he did at that time was the you know, increasing the tax rate on call it the top earners.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: I think we need to look at you know, it's not going to be popular, but I think that's the only way that we can sort of get back to a recipe of all right.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, fair enough. I got you, I got it. I'm going to keep you. I got four other calls. I gotta get to Chris. Keep thinking about those numbers, and let's talk again on this.
Speaker 6: Okay, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Then, thank you, Chris. Here's a break. We're coming right back on night's side. I'll get ed David, Christine and Jamie in. I don't know that I get anymore in so if you want to call the only line that's open at six one seven, No promises.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World, Nice Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: We're gonna try mightily to get everybody in.
Speaker 3: David in San Francisco, David and.
Speaker 2: Getting give everybody about minute and a half, two minutes go right ahead.
Speaker 12: I think I can do it, Dan. I'm calling to find out how the patriotic Thirteen Colonies Revolutionary War city of Boston is facing Donald Trump's declaration that he's a king.
Speaker 2: We haven't had, we haven't heard about the declaration he's he's the king. When did he make that declaration?
Speaker 11: Oh you didn't.
Speaker 12: All you do quick google search Trump king and he did no.
Speaker 2: But you said, I think I might have misheard you, David, But I think you said that he had issued a declaration that he was a king. I don't recall when he made that. Can you give me a kind of pinned that down fall?
Speaker 12: That's look here at the headlines New York Times, long Live the King. Trump likens himself to royalty on truth social and that's not a declaration.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, do me a favorite. That's really not a declaration I know you try it. You're not patriotic then, Dan, Yeah, No, I'm I'm very patriotic as a matter of fact. But we've wasted about a minute and twenty seconds, and I thank you for for only taking a minute twenty Let's keep the got the thek the plank going there for bad piece. Where goes David? Let's keep rolling. They're going to go to Jamie and Worcester. Jamie next, I'm gonna get you in as well. Go ahead, Jamie, do me a favorite, will put Jamie in? Hold? Okay? Uh, explain to Jamie that we're not here to publicize other programs. I may come back dam if he wants to stick around. Let me go to ADD in Worcester. ADD next on Nightsagger right ahead.
Speaker 5: For David in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: Actually, I think Donald Trump today in a tweet about killing congestion pricing in New York City. In the tweet, he said about presumably referring to himself, he said in all caps, long Live the King explanations. But he does it because he knows liberal netwiths like David in San Francisco, we'll have their heads explode. They can't see that he is playing them like a three dollars banjo. Yeah, he does that in order to control them and drive them crazy.
Speaker 2: Does a good job at it too, doesn't he?
Speaker 5: He does a great job. And here's my larger point. You know, we can you can argue about this and that and the next thing. We're in a moment where the counter culture, the sixties counterculture, has become the dominant culture. Okay, forget about whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. It simply is not going to last. And I will explain to you why a counterculture can never take responsibility for anything. Okay, they can never accept that anything is their fault. They want a mile of authority and an inch of accountability. And this is again, this is something that people like David and San Francisco are just too sick to understand. The public is not going to stand for that. Okay, I don't care what arguments you make. The public is just not going to tolerate that. And they are going to say, if elon Musk is the medicine that's going to fix that problem, then we're gonna take elon musk. That's just the reality period the end.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, all right, I got you in thanks, ed, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Talk soon.
Speaker 3: Let me go to Christine and Dad.
Speaker 2: I'm Christine gonna get you any of then we're gonna get Jamie to finish up.
Speaker 13: Go hey, Christine, I think what we should do is stop sending weapons, money, staffics in this country and stop tucks in other countries and maybe then will be take some money.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean that's you know, I think there's certain countries we need to support, such as Israel, because Israel is surrounded by any and there are Yeah, you know, if if you agree with me on Israel, and I think we also got to kind of keep our eye on Iran to be honest with you, right exactly.
Speaker 3: All right, Christine, we're an agreements.
Speaker 2: All right. Let me go back to Jamie and Worcester. Jamie, you got put you got a minute or two in the penalty box for mentioning other radio stations and other radio stations personality.
Speaker 9: I didn't read the book. I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Well, we can hit you with a flat go ahead.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm not here to publicize other radio show, simple as that.
Speaker 9: Go ahead. I don't like I've just started to be a new new caller to show.
Speaker 3: Okay, no problem, go right ahead.
Speaker 9: So it was like, hopless, I didn't. If I knew that, I wouldn't have said it. Anyway, no problem, you hear. I was listening to a news source way okay, and it said Dad Jim McGovern had a big meeting in Northampton and there was five hundred people there and she was talking about people were frustrated with the with the uh Trump, Paul sees and stuff, and anyway.
Speaker 2: Here's Jamie. Jamie flat out of time. I literally have ten seconds left, so I got to let you go. Call again.
Speaker 3: We'll have a better conversation.
Speaker 2: Thank you much.
Speaker 3: Done for the night, everybody. I'll see tomorrow. I'll see you on Facebook in about a minute or so. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my pale Charlie ray Is, who passed fifteen years ago this month. That's what your pet's whorre we passed. They loved you and you love them.
Speaker 2: I do believe you'll see the begining see getamore night or night's at everyone