Speaker 1: Hey everyone, I'm Nicole and I'm Ben, and you're listening to Wicked and Grim.
Speaker 2: A true crime podcast morning.
Speaker 1: The following podcast content and material intended for a mature audience listener discretion. Yes, okay, right away, right away, we're over a thousand listens. Yes, as of this exact moment of recording this, we're actually at eleven hundred and forty four. I didn't want to even like say hello, I just want to drop that right away.
Speaker 2: You're just dropping the bomb.
Speaker 1: I was excited to say it.
Speaker 2: You didn't want me to say it.
Speaker 1: If you want, Kay, we can restart this and you can say it if you want.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding. No, it's very exciting.
Speaker 1: No one called DIBs on it, so I just rolled with it, you know. But yes, thank you guys for giving us all the support and the listens and everything. It means a lot. We're actually doing pretty good with this podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Like I'm blown away. Not that I didn't think we would do good, but it's just like it's awesome to see it, like come to veris.
Speaker 1: Come to Fruition. I like this. But we're doing really good, better than most podcasts as they start out so I'm loving the support and I'm loving you guys, and the feedback we're getting constantly is just glorious.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I love the messages.
Speaker 1: Right, Instagram's like lighting up every time we drop an episode.
Speaker 2: And we answer them.
Speaker 1: We do. So go over to Instagram, message us, comment, share stories, whatever it is, and recommend a story and yeah, we'll talk back to you. We won't talk back to you, but we'll talk back to you. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: We'll talk with you.
Speaker 1: There, we'll talk with you.
Speaker 2: We'll talk with you.
Speaker 1: Nicole is the word smith today.
Speaker 2: Today for ones. For ones, Let's note this.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's not mispronouncing words yet and saying orgasm instead. She's got this rolling with it. She's doing good.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're gonna have to do like I don't know, after a certain number of episodes, like uh, what would that be called look a look back or something? All that crazy ass moments that have that have happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you were to look back, though not necessarily moments. Boy, it's your favorite episode so far?
Speaker 2: Oh seriously, what's my favorite episode? So not necessarily when I've done just one in general?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, not even necessarily a favorite episode, favorite case? How's that? What's your favorite case? I have to go for me, it's Diatla Pass.
Speaker 2: The very first. That was the first one, wasn't it, Yes, first episode? You know what, I honestly think that this is like you probably wouldn't even guess this, but I think mine's the mad Trapper.
Speaker 1: Actually that was what I was going to guess.
Speaker 2: Oh seriously, Yeah, I don't know. That one was just like so entertaining to me.
Speaker 3: You were like enthralled by that bad ass for you of that, well, I just thought like, yeah, he had some serious issues, but like, oh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I was just like I want to be a like I just know if I got lost in the woods that I would probably like maybe last to day. So the fact that he could last that long was freaking dope.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and he did some crazy shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of crazy shit, we're going to rock a case today that is probably the worst case that we've done to date.
Speaker 2: So listener discretion advised.
Speaker 1: Listener discretion is very much so advised. This is a very graphic case that deals with heavy assault and even in cases sexual assault. So yes, so fair warning.
Speaker 2: Are we going to be able to sleep tonight. Maybe make sure your doors are locked.
Speaker 1: You might be able to sleep as long as you're not inside a Lulu Lemon store. Because this takes place inside a Lulu Lemon store.
Speaker 2: I love me some Lulu Lemon.
Speaker 1: You're wearing Lulu.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I should probably just like be a.
Speaker 1: Spokesperson for them, Lululemon sponsor, Nicole sponsor this podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm literally wearing their pants every single.
Speaker 1: Day twenty four seven, like to bed.
Speaker 2: I don't wear their pants to bed.
Speaker 1: But you wear leggings to bed.
Speaker 2: Not always, and it's generally just like cheap ones.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, you guys hearing and buzzing. It's springtime, which means a lot of water draining from the snow melting, So our podcasts are probably gonna have that happening. Lots plus motorbikes running up and down the road by our house. It's that time of year. Yeah, So we're sorry for the background noise.
Speaker 2: Because there's I just have to say, there's some listeners that are like way down so sore. We still have snow just to let you know, get.
Speaker 1: Like half a foot of snow on our front lawn right now. Yeah, So so we're still we're still thawing out of here.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm pumped, Lulu Lemon. Let's get on with.
Speaker 1: This, lululin Oh I just realized, did I actually write down the year this took place?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I did? Okay? I was like, oh my god, I don't think I wrote down the year. No I did. I'm good, panic averted. Okay, So this takes place in twenty.
Speaker 2: Eleven, Okay, not very long ago.
Speaker 1: Not very long ago. No, So it's March twelfth. The store manager at a Bethesda Lululemon store in Maryland, Washington. D You see Rachel o' hurtley, I think is how you pronounce her name. So that's the manager. She arrived to open the store.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: She arrived shortly before eight am, and she found the store was unlocked and the lights were on. Creepy, right, totally weird. It's supposed to be locked up. Well yeah, yeah, clearly something's not right. So however, she found the store like that. But Rachel entered the store and immediately noticed the place was a mess, and she heard some moaning coming from the back of the store.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I already think that's gross. But I don't even know.
Speaker 1: What my first instincts might be I need to call fucking Ghostbusters. Her first instincts where I'm getting the fuck out here, which is probably the better call.
Speaker 2: I feel like I would have had to go check it out.
Speaker 3: But okay, what's this mysterious moaning coming from the back of the store here, Scooby Dooby doo just all of a sudden, the gang just gotta find this person back here making the noise.
Speaker 1: Well, she made the right call, though she didn't call the Scooby Dang Scooby Dang Scooby Gang or the Ghostbusters. She exited and went to call nine one one right away. Okay, however, next to the Lululu I'm gonna mess up Lululemon lots, I know it.
Speaker 2: You have to say that word slowly.
Speaker 1: Next to the Lulu Lemons store, there's three l's. It's difficult. Was an apple store. And when Rachel left the Lulu Lemon store, she saw a man by the name of Ryan how Hug. I'm not sure how to pronounce his name. H A U G h Hug Hug.
Speaker 2: I think hug.
Speaker 1: I think I don't know hug. We'll say hug Ryan Hug. She didn't know this guy, but he did work next door, and she quickly got his attention and asked him to go inside the Lulu store with her, so you know, in case there's someone there or in case someone needs help. That was her first thing. Why they're to go inside. Okay, So the two entered the store and Ryan proceeded to go to the back where Rachel heard the moaning in the hallway. He saw a body lying face down in is a bloody mess in the hallway, and he shouted for Rachel to call the police. And then he also spotted another person tied up but still alive in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: That's what she found going to work at the Lululemons store.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, that's like the opposite of what you would ever think to you.
Speaker 1: Find right now. I don't know if this is a Monday, but you think your Mondays are bad?
Speaker 2: Like, holy shit, how did they even get in?
Speaker 1: But okay, so the day before, oh it's Wednesday, so it would have been a Thursday, not a Monday.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So.
Speaker 1: The day before was Wednesday, March eleventh, twenty eleven, thirty year old Jana Murray was working the Bethesda Lulu Lemon store. Jana was working here part time as she was attending John Hopkins University pursuing two master's degrees. Wow, a Master of Business Administrators Administration. I can't talk today. I'm pulling a you in episode.
Speaker 2: Five, no mine better.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, fair enough? So a master's of Business Administration and a master's of Arts and Communication. She only had two months left before she graduated. It's impressive, right, two masters at one time. M So. She loved yoga, however, it wasn't like her main passion, but it did bring like a lot of calmness to her life, and she loved working at the store and incorporating into her life sort of thing.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's almost a pre wreck for that story, I.
Speaker 1: Think so, I really do think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, like needless to say, she'd love working for the company. Right. Her and her coworker, Brittany Norwood, who is a twenty nine year old, finished work at the store at nine forty five. Jana was the keyholder and would lock up the store once they left. Like that's kind of how how she rolled. She was a keyholder. Lock up do you think right?
Speaker 2: Sounds about right?
Speaker 1: So that's the two people the police found inside the store when they arrived on March twelfth.
Speaker 2: Oh it was them.
Speaker 1: It was those two. They found Jana Murray laying face down in a bloody hallway and Brittany Norwood in the bathroom alive. She had her hands tied with zip ties from the store over her head, cuts on her bodies and a two inch laceration from her hand running parallel along her thumb, and the crotch of her pants were ripped open.
Speaker 2: Oh shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's kind of a horrific fucking scene.
Speaker 2: And that was just like all night.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh okay, we're gonna get into that a little bit, but just to kind of paint a little bit of a picture here, and we're definitely not putting these on Instagram, but I did see some crime scene photos. The mess of blood in the hallway is it's like a freaking Saw movie Like it splattered like four or five six feet up the walls, like it's brutal.
Speaker 2: Really, Yes, oh that does paint quite the picture.
Speaker 1: It's insane.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, So inside the store, the police also found that the safe had been emptied and there were two sets of bloody footprints throughout the store. Later at the hospital, police spoke to Brittany and she told them what happened. She said that once they closed the store, herself and Jana parted ways, but shortly after she realized she forgot her wallet in the store and called Jana, because you know, Jane is the one who has the key. He told her, right, She's like, can you come back to the store, let me in get my wallet sort of thing, and Jana agreed, drove back to the store and then went back inside.
Speaker 2: Oh that super sucks. So she wouldn't have forgot her wallet. Yeah, shit, wouldn't have gone down.
Speaker 1: And when they went back inside, they were followed back inside by two men. Oh no, the men once answered the store, grabbed them, bound them, and began to sexually assault both of them. However, Brittany said that Jana resisted and fought back, and so the again they began their brutal attack on her. Oh so she like, oh, okay, so this is like a dire, dark situation here.
Speaker 2: It's like life or death.
Speaker 1: Oh definitely, yeah, And this is where we're going to get into kind of how brutal the attack on Jana was. Her autopsy showed that Jana Murray sustained up to one hundred and five defensive wounds holy, which are arms and legs, indicating she was fighting back.
Speaker 2: She put up a good fight.
Speaker 1: That's only defensive wounds. She sustained at least three hundred and thirty one injuries before she died. Really, well, then let me say that again. At least because some wounds can be overlapping. So at least three hundred and thirty one injuries before she died. She was alive for all three hundred and thirty one plus injuries.
Speaker 2: Holy, So she's alive. Tough cookie.
Speaker 1: Hey, yes, so Jana is our badass of the day. Just saying one hundred and five defensive wounds and being able to withstand that much.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, like it's impressive, but also like, oh, like the poor thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's ridiculously dark. It's I can't fathom having to go through something like that.
Speaker 2: No, but also like, if you have to, I think it's better to probably go out with a fight than oh.
Speaker 1: Always fight. And Jana fucking fought, Yeah she did. According to Jana's medical examiner, Mary Ripple, bruising and bleeding around the wounds indicated that Mary or that sorry Jana had her last name written down here. It threw me off for a second that Jana was alive during the attack. She and to quote her, she had a pulse, she had a blood pressure, she was bleeding into the wounds. She was alive, so there is evidence to say that she was alive. Among her injuries, Jana sustained multiple cuts, bruises, abrasions, cutting wounds, cutting wounds, Like, how disgusting is that? Not cuts? Cutting?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay, I didn't even know what you meant by that.
Speaker 1: That's gross, Like sawing back and forth. Holy frig Yeah, that's fucked.
Speaker 2: These are freaking screwed. Eh, Yeah, Like what the heck?
Speaker 1: Six blunt force wounds to her head and another blunt force wound that crushed her skull, a stab wound to her shoulder, one to her lower back, and two to the back of her head. Ah Like, holy fuck. Mary Ripple also said that ultimately Jana was killed by a knife wound to the back of the neck that pierced her brain, an injury which she could have only survived less than a minute. She also said that there was at least five weapons used in the attack, amongst ones present later in the case was a hammer, wrench, a rope, a peg from a mannequin, and god knows what else. Wow, So like this is fucked up, totally fucked.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I can't believe it is. How brutal these attackers were.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was ridiculous, like and like I said, you look at those pictures, it really puts it into perspective how fucking hard like harsh this was. Because you can understand, okay, getting hit, but like I said, the blood splatters up the wall like six fucking feet. So with the hits going like that and everything, it's just fucking It turns my stomach to think that there's a fucking person or person's capable of anything.
Speaker 2: Like this, No kidding, Okay, So that moaning then, oh sorry, I don't know if this's jumping ahead, But was that Britney moaning? Then yes, that would have been okay because what's her name? Jane? Jana? Jana? She was already dead? Yes, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So when it came to brittany, hold on where am I here? I'm looking at my notes, I'm lost?
Speaker 2: What? Oh finely spot.
Speaker 1: Okay, So she was tied up, she was raped and sexually assaulted with a wooden clothes hangar from the store as well, And she had a few cuts and minor abrasions on her body.
Speaker 2: So she other than I guess the fact that she was raped, she wasn't didn't have as yes, wasn't beaten as much.
Speaker 1: Her wounds I have it written later on in my notes here, but her wounds, according to the police a medical examiner, are quote unquote superficial wounds.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: And of course, like this being as bad as this was, the town of Bethesda, like was fucking shook. Well, yeah, like, could you imagine like something happening that in your local local city, even if you're working like a couple blocks away from something like this where someone was beaten to death with over three hundred and thirty one fucking attacks.
Speaker 2: Is it a big city? Well, I guess it didn't be a decent size of Adelula Lemon.
Speaker 1: Actually I didn't look at the population or anything, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So maybe if you guys want to look it up for us, shoot a message on Instagram, because I'm not gonna look it up. I'm gonna see if someone actually messages us. Now it's a test, it's a test, okay. But yeah, the town was like fucking shook. Restaurants were reporting a fifty percent decrease in sales. Oh wow, stores were closing early. People were refusing to work the night shift, like they're afraid that this is going to happen to them.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, no quick because lots of times, like it says she being a store owner, they had to closing to make it like safer.
Speaker 1: Oh and it didn't matter.
Speaker 2: But that didn't It didn't matter in the least.
Speaker 1: Did not matter in the least. It still happened. Someone was still brutally killed. There was even civilians going around like talking to store owners sold ski masks because the two individuals who broke in were wearing ski masks. So they're like talking to people like did you sell ski masks to people recently? Like what do they look like and everything? And this is civilians in their own time asking this.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Like they're really trying to figure this out. And it was like all over the news. It fucking shook the town. I think, like my stumbling and muttering is it's because I'm thirsty as fuck.
Speaker 2: Well I have a drink, I have.
Speaker 1: Cotton melth already, and it's just like bothering me. But I can't. It's really hard to drink when you're talking.
Speaker 2: You don't drink enough water.
Speaker 1: I don't think you drink drink beer. I drink enough beer in the same whiskey, not the same. I mean there's water in it. It counts.
Speaker 2: I don't think it does.
Speaker 1: It's got to count for something.
Speaker 2: I don't think it does, though, well it should.
Speaker 1: I'm on the beer diet. Okay. Anyways, back to it. With the Apple store being right next to the Lulu Lemon, the detectives on the case went right there right away for security footage because Lulu Lemon didn't have any They didn't have any They didn't have any.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. I thought you almost had to have that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Now, well this was twenty eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So they.
Speaker 1: Went there for the security footage because lul Lemon didn't have theirs. And they also learned that the day of the attack, the Apple store actually had the release of the iPad two that same day, so there was employees at the store quite late.
Speaker 2: Oh really, yes, oh.
Speaker 1: Shit, So there were employees at the store when the attack occurred.
Speaker 2: Which is so surprising that they didn't hear anything.
Speaker 1: Oh, they did hear things. Oh they heard grunting, high pitched squeals, thudding, dragging, and one employee even recalls talking to a manager and the security of the store as they heard someone say God help me, please help me, and they.
Speaker 2: Just decided to do fuck off.
Speaker 1: And they did nothing? What the hell nothing?
Speaker 2: Why would they do nothing? Like would it have really taken that long just to call nine one one?
Speaker 1: They just chalked it up to fucking I don't know what. But these guys at the fucking.
Speaker 2: Store, do they typically hear that kind of shit on a Wednesday night?
Speaker 1: I would assume the answer is no, but I'm guessing maybe. But like, how do you do nothing when someone says God help me, please help me.
Speaker 2: That's actually really fucked up.
Speaker 1: It's so fucked because.
Speaker 2: Cow, could you even tell the police that and like say, yeah, I just decided to do nothing, but this is what I heard, right, Like I would feel like the biggest piece of shit. So oh man, I mean like the.
Speaker 1: One person even approached the manager and security and was like, I heard this, Like we should do something about that, and they're like, nah, Like what the security that's their fucking job, even job.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're probably just thinking they're just security of Apple, so so they're not going above and beyond or anything like.
Speaker 1: They're not security of shit. If you don't fucking call police.
Speaker 2: Or do anything, well, yeah, because you can. It's in your story. You're still hearing this exactly.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Oh, it's ridiculously brutal. Anyways, that aside the fucking idiocy of the Apple store in Bethesda. Aside, on the security footage out front of the Apple store, they found the footage of two men matching Britney's description, and that description was two men, one shorter, one taller, both wearing black clothes and scheme masks. Of course, in this footage they weren't wearing scheme masks and one had a backpack on. They seen those two individuals on this footage. Oh okay, and it was right around the time all this shit went down.
Speaker 2: Huh So like good, I hope it was good pictures.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll get we're getting right into it. You're always jumping ahead, and because I just I need to just know, well, if you stop talking, you'll let me keep talking and you'll find the fuck out. Okay. Anyways, detectives began staking out the Lululemon in hopes that these two individuals would return. Oh lone, and behold, they did return.
Speaker 2: That's stupid.
Speaker 1: Well, police immediately approached them and showed them the pictures of the security footage and was like, cello, is this you too, motherfuckers? And the guys are like, yeah, that's us. But we're just two bus boys who work at a nearby restaurant. And the police are like, okay, convenient, But they look into their alibis, the albis all check out. They were walking home from work and to and from work. Everything checks out. Oh it wasn't. These two guys just quite the fucking convenient.
Speaker 2: That sory.
Speaker 1: But there was another suspect in the case. I'm it's another convenient one. It was brushed off real quick, so I'm not going to dive into it too much here, but it was a local homeless man by the name of Keith. He was ruled out real quick as well. So they're back to square one, okay, And this is happening like real fast too, Like we're only on like day one so far of this happening.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I would have liked them to just find these mofos quick yeah, but that doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna start winding up onto it a little bit here. There's some clues that start popping up that might lead us to what we Well, I'm just gonna stop it there. So now the crime scene's been getting processed a little bit and they have found a few things. For the bloody footprints, they match one of them to a size fourteen pair of shoes that was found inside the store. The shoes were bloodied and there was an attempt to wash the rubber of the soles and clean them and they were put back onto a shelf.
Speaker 2: Oh, like it was someone. It wasn't the Lulu shoes. It was like someone's shoes that they just left.
Speaker 1: We're not sure. There's a size fourteen pair of shoes that matched the footprint. They're bloodied up and they're washed and stowed away.
Speaker 2: In the store.
Speaker 1: There were bloody footprints all around the store and a sign of struggle and some blood at the front door, but none outside the front door. They also found several murder weapons inside the store and all of them belonged to the store, as well as the zip ties that were used to bound Britney.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's too bad.
Speaker 1: The safe at the store was also emptied of all its contents, so it was robbed. I don't know if I mentioned that already did? Yeah, I did, Okay a little bit, I'm repeating myself. I'm sorry for that. Okay, double information. In case you missed it the first time, you now got it the second time. So there's some weird things going on that police weren't quite sure what to do with. So they're like, we need to go to talk to Brittany and see we can get like the story here and if she can help us put in the little blanks to this that were not quite good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's interesting to it would be interesting, you know what their motive was, like, is it just a robbery? But then to do that kind of fucked up shit too.
Speaker 1: Well, so far we have two guys who robbed the place, who raped and killed, and we're about to learn here how radical they were and racist. They were talking to Brittany because Brittany was someone of color as well, So you have like the worst fucking human beings possible. Yeah here in this situation.
Speaker 2: I already thought that, but I guess they just got worse.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah. So they they go on, they try and talk to Brittany, and it's like, okay, we've got to figure some of this out. They see her at her house two days after the attack, and they asked her about the shoes and she said they're actually little lemon shoes that they sell at the store. Oh so the shoes belonged to the store.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: They asked her more questions about the attack, and they couldn't quite understand why, Oh, way to go.
Speaker 2: It's not the dogs, it's me way to go.
Speaker 1: Anyways, a little bump of the mic. What was I saying? Now? Oh right? They couldn't understand why Jana was so brutally attacked, and yet Britney got away with what police called superficial wounds.
Speaker 2: That's coming up because I was wondering that, but I didn't see. I didn't ask a question there.
Speaker 1: Good job, good job. So Britney said that the men told her she was and we start getting a little bit into a little I didn't quote a lot of the racists and brutal quotations here, but she said that she was quote unquote fun to fuck as far as the men told her, and that they were going to keep her alive. She said they continued to sexually assault her and called her demeaning names like dirty slut and as well as some extremely harsh racial slurs. And I'm like, I said, I'm not going to repeat these slurs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: Yes. She also revealed that the men at one point even shoved her onto Jane's body while she was laying in the hallway.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: The new Information police still couldn't make much sense of it all, and they were beginning to suspect Brittany of lying.
Speaker 2: Really yes, really really, Okay, that takes a turn that I didn't expect.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a couple of things here. One of the first things that they noticed on the scene was Britney's hands tied with the zip ties. Right, Yeah, they weren't tied to anything. But they found her with her hands above her head and she's sitting down, laying against the wall, and she supposedly have been there all night. Why would her hands still be above her head. Why wouldn't you just bring your hands down into your lap, like.
Speaker 2: Because they were zip tied but you could still move them. Oh yeah, it's just at the wrists.
Speaker 1: They're bound together, but they're not bound to anything or restricted from movie.
Speaker 2: I don't know. My main thing is like, well, she was like in shock. They didn't know what the shit was going on, and she's just sitting there.
Speaker 1: But there's some things that, like the police are just like this doesn't fuck up. So there's now starting to suspect Brittany because.
Speaker 2: Of these things, and because she was the one that forgot her wallet.
Speaker 1: She was the one who forgot her wallet.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay.
Speaker 1: Their break in the case came when they found Jana's missing car three blocks away, because remember when they went back to the Lululemon store to get the wallet out, Jana drove her car there. It had since been missing since she parked it out front the store.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Okay, So.
Speaker 1: They found her car, and they collected some DNA from inside, some fingerprints from inside, a bunch of different evidence from inside, and they also found a hat in a back seat full of blood. Really, and there's a bunch of blood smears in the inside of the car as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's but okay, So it's like that they drove away in it the attackers maybe I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, potentially potentially, So they quickly went and ran DNA analysis and came back to the blood in the car was from Brittany Jana and the hat in the back seat was Britney's hat and it was full of blood as well. And they know what's Britney's hat because they tested the DNA, like from the sweat on the brim where your forehead touches.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that hat was actually physically Britney's hat.
Speaker 1: It was actually physically Brittany's hat.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, huh.
Speaker 1: So they now need to question Brittany again about this car, and especially since her DNA's in there, her hat's in there, there's some things like, Okay, we need to fucking check this shit out.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'm really hoping that she wasn't part of this.
Speaker 1: So they called Brittany to the police station on March sixteenth, which is only four days after the whole attack. Yeah, and they told her they wanted to collect hair and fingerprints to rule her out from the crime scene. However, the police had ulterior motives. They wanted to question her and they want to try and catch her in a lie because if she's lying about anything, then they really know like she's hiding something. So they asked her if she knew what Jane's car looked like. She said no. First of all, it was parked out front the store. She came back to let you in the store. It was right fucking there.
Speaker 2: Well, and if they work together like she'd probably know what her coworker's car looks like.
Speaker 1: You think exactly? They asked her if she's ever been inside Jana's car. Brittany said no, nope, she's fucking lying.
Speaker 2: Okay. Oh man, I was really hoping that this wouldn't take this turn and stressing me out, but it's taken it.
Speaker 1: It's taking this turn. She's fucking lying.
Speaker 2: This is really messed up. Yes, I didn't expect this at all.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I'm sorry. I'm sorry to break this to you, but she's fucking lying.
Speaker 2: What the frig.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do. What do you want me to say?
Speaker 2: Well? I keep carry on here, okay.
Speaker 1: But the lies weren't enough to keep her in custody. The police knew she was lying, and they were certain of it. But Brittany is now like the one prime suspect. There's no way of holding her. So they, you know, they calmly understand this is a situation they don't let Brittany be aware that they are figuring this out. Yeah, so they let her go. Uh Now, I didn't know where to put this in, and this is one of the best places I think to put it in. There was no ever evidence of either girl being raped, as there was no semen found, just evidence of a sexual assault, so said Wooden Coat Hanger. So there's no evidence of ever there being a male presence in a sexual assault, is what I'm trying to say here.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I didn't go there.
Speaker 1: I could see that by your face.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, okay, I could see like.
Speaker 1: The gears turning and nothing was happening. So anyways, there was evidence of assault, but there's no evidence of seamen aka dudes being president president in the sexual assault.
Speaker 2: Really, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So police are trying to figure out how they could get Britney back to the police station so they get her to confess. They're like, we need to get her back here. We need to get her to confess to something that she's done. Otherwise, like, we don't have much on her. We have her some evidence of her in the fucking car and shit, and we know she's lying, but we we got nothing.
Speaker 2: I feel like, why would she confess though? So that's a terrible plan.
Speaker 1: But okay, yeah, So as they're trying to figure out how to get her to the police station, luck should have it, Britney's siblings call the police and they say that Brittany has more information that she didn't tell the police because she was afraid to share, and would like to come back to the police station to talk about it.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. Yeah, oh my goodness, we're her siblings in on it too.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, anyways, I'm gonna I'm gonna just stop that conspiracy right now. No, they were not.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I mean this is wild, Like, who knows what's going to happen next?
Speaker 1: Well, you're about to find out. Anyways. Meeting again at the police station, Brittany went to the station with her brother and her sister, and then she told police that she totally forgot but suddenly remembered that the two men actually forced her to move Jane's car.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I would that's something that you.
Speaker 1: Would just forget, right, like you totally just like, oh slipped my mind if I forgot that, Yeah, oh my god, Like, are you fucking kidding?
Speaker 2: Me, I feel like that that's a pretty big thing that would happen, or that you would just not forget.
Speaker 1: Ever, so what she said is that the two men told her they knew her name, they knew where she lived, and they will be watching her and she needs to move that car and if she tries anything when moving the car, they will kill her. So she moved the car alone while the two men waited at the store with Jana, hold the fucking phone right, like what, Oh, I'm just okay. The two guys holding me hostage are gonna give me a getaway car and I'm gonna drive three blocks away and walk back and put myself.
Speaker 2: Back into their Like what, yeah, just free on my free will just walk back right, not call the police or do anything.
Speaker 1: Makes zero sense, Yeah, zero fucking sense. Brittany also said that she saw a police officer while moving the car, but didn't say anything because she was afraid for her life, so she didn't speak up and didn't ask for help.
Speaker 2: Oh that that just like would be perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, okay, but she did exactly what the two men wanted, drove the car away life yeah, and then walked back to the store, back into their hands. Okay, Now police can actually confirm that there was an officer that she saw because an officer actually saw her too, sitting in that car parked where it was found. An officer saw a woman parked in that car in that spot.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I guess it wouldn't look suspicious or anything to him at that point.
Speaker 1: No, it's just a woman at a car.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now he's like, oh wait, I saw that car and I saw a woman sitting there once they found it, right right, So there's some shit going down, and police weren't buying anything that Brittany had, and so now they're like, hey, this is fucked up. You are in her car, you transferred the fucking blood. You are clearly lying, we're fucking holding well, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because she had prior to even said she didn't know what the vehicle looked.
Speaker 1: Like exactly, and that she's never even been in it and anything, and now she's fucking driving it codd and fucking Jane's blood.
Speaker 2: Like what, Yeah, this is really getting fishy here.
Speaker 1: So they tried to get her to confess using different tactics like being playing like a good cop back cop sort of thing, being like, we know you fucking did it ra rah rah, like intimidating her and other tactics like you know, it's okay, you know it happens like something like shit happens. It was an accident, it's okay, Like just tell us what happened. Nothing fucking worked. She's stuck to her guns and she kept fucking saying I didn't do it, I didn't do it. This is what happened. I told you what happened.
Speaker 2: I would have thought that she would have like have breaked, break that broke. At that point, they would have broke her.
Speaker 1: She would have done it, get broken.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to say that.
Speaker 1: The police decided that they're going to keep questioning her, but they also decided that it was they're going to tell her sister and brother what they suspect.
Speaker 2: Of Brittany interesting, okay.
Speaker 1: Britney's sister immediately like crumbled and couldn't fucking take it, couldn't take the news basically right. And her brother was like, I don't believe it. I don't believe it. I need to talk to my sister. Give me a moment with my sister alone. I want to talk to her.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So the police actually allowed the brother into the interrogation room alone with Brittany.
Speaker 2: But they're listening.
Speaker 1: I hope they definitely. Oh it's a fucking interrogation room. Yeah right, Yeah, you can't go into an interrogation room and not expect there to be fucking mikes and cameras and shit.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, some people I think actually would probably not clue in that they're listening.
Speaker 1: These two don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, see, I just like, I actually I don't think that that's as common as you think. Then, well that you were setting it up.
Speaker 1: The brother began to talk with Britney, but she didn't want to talk at all. She's leary that the police were listening, and he's like, no, they're not listening, and she's like, yeah, well probably not, but like just in case, and anyways, they start talking regardless. It's a lot I could find a lot of different quotes on things that were said in there. A lot of it was just banter back and forth. But the key thing here is that basically this is a confession tape where there's little bits of information that she gives here and there that essentially write the whole story on what happened.
Speaker 2: Really, yes, oh see, I'm just shocked because I think it's common sense that you wouldn't say anything there. But they say common sense, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's not. It's clearly not. But like her brother was like he was actually convinced that she did do it. He told the police that he was convinced that she didn't. But when he got in there, he's like, I fucking know you did this, Like what the fuck happened? He's grilled in her heart trying to get the info. He's like, we need I need to know what you did to help you, right, Yeah, what he said. He's like, we're going to get into a defense attorney and one of the quotes I did pull up is, quote unquote, you're going to have to be very honest with us. It doesn't look good because you tried to cover it all up. He also asked, shoplifting, is that what this is all about? Brittany said, I didn't take anything. Another long story short, Britney has a very very bad rap of shoplifting and theft. Really, oh yes, She's actually even been fired from another Lululemon previously for stealing from the store.
Speaker 2: O fact, so they must not keep track of like employees or something.
Speaker 1: Ain't I guess not. But she stolen from friends in the past, coworkers, sports team mate, sports teammates in high school. Like she like people know, she fucking steals. She's even had like a best friend in college who was like, yeah, I was really good friends with her, and like, no, I don't want anything to do with her because she's just that fucked up and steals.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I liked her at the beginning at all, not even remotely.
Speaker 1: Here, well, once we paint the entire picture, you might learn just how bad she fucking is. We're getting to it though. We're getting to it though.
Speaker 2: Oh I already thought you'd painted it. But okay, carry on.
Speaker 1: Well, we're like right there, give us like a minute to just wrap this up before we're at that. So, like I said, the conversation between these two essentially ends up being the confession tape, the smoking gun that police need it and this is what they they now know Brittany did this so on trial, this is the picture that they painted. This is what they believe happened. Okay from all the evidence, the confessions and everything.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to hear it.
Speaker 1: Are you ready for it?
Speaker 2: Though? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do it. I need a sip of beer first. If we played ads, this would be a good time for an ad. Okay. So while leaving the store, each employee at the Lululemon is to check each other bags to ensure there is no theft, okay, And inside Britney's bag, Jana found a pair of yoga pants. Brittany claims she purchased them from the manager, but Jaana made her call. Sorry, made a call to the manager and asked her, did Brittany buy these pants from me?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: No, she didn't, okay, So she looked it up in the system. There was no record of any payment and Brittany didn't have a receipt a k A. You fucking stole them.
Speaker 2: And this is probably like as they're locking up, that they're that she's checking.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Jana reports it to the manager and just kind of leaves it with that, and she's like, it's out of my hands, like you're trying to steal shit. I'm doing my job. I reported it that it is what it is. Well, they'll deal with it tomorrow or another day or whatever. So they leave the shop and lock up. Then Brittany calls Jana back because she quote unquote forgets her wallet as Jana has the key, because oh.
Speaker 2: See, that even shows how much of a good person she is. Right, this bitch just stole, but she's still gonna go back and let her get her wallet. Geez.
Speaker 1: Now, I totally call fucking bullshit on the forget her wallet thing. In that interrogation tape with her brother, she say, I actually forgot my wallet. I still call fucking bullshit on it. Oh no, yeah, but I totally think this is premeditated.
Speaker 2: I think so too, or even in that time spend, she was like, I need to get her back to the store.
Speaker 1: Oh exactly, that's premeditation right there.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 1: So Jana agrees and they returned fifteen minutes later to re enter the store. Jana, inside the store was then struck from behind on the back of the head, which is where the first strike medical examiner believes took place with a weapon, and a struggle ensued. Jana tried to escape out the front door. As there was a bloody handprint of hers on the front door and evidence of a struggle, along with hair being ripped out from both people at the front door. They believe Jana managed to get free ran towards the back door, which was at the end of a hallway. She had made it to the door as there was another bloody handprint on that door from her, okay, but she didn't manage to open the door or escape. There in the hallway is where the brutal and bloody attack occurred, using multiple weapons weapons over the course of three hundred and thirty one strikes, of which she was alive for every single geeze.
Speaker 2: And is this just Brittany doing this? This?
Speaker 1: This is just Brittany, you're kidding me?
Speaker 2: Hey? Nope, okay, I thought there had to have been at least someone else involved.
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 2: Good lord.
Speaker 1: Once she had killed Jana, she moved her car to ensure no one saw it parked out front the store to buy herself time to cover up this whole fucking incident. She drove it three blocks away and walked back, bloody as fuck to the store to get to work.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: There, she ransacked the store to make it look like a robbery occurred, that there's more people in there. Whatever. She walked around in the blood with her own shoes to create a trail of bloody footprints, then put on a pair of size fourteen men's shoes from the store, carefully followed her own tracks around the store to make it look like a pair of people.
Speaker 2: We're chasing her or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well no, because the first pair of her footprints were just the other dudes she was gonna blame it on. Oh so the size fourteen men's shoes was a second guy, remember, a taller guy and a shorter guy, right, So she made sure she followed the same pair to make it look like the guys were walking around in a pair. She then cleaned the shoes in the sink and put the men's shoes back on the shelf and her own back on her feet. How the fuck are you going to cover up that? Like you think they're not going to find that? Shit?
Speaker 2: Really putting her own back on that right right?
Speaker 1: Like, I just don't like, what, what the fuck is this bitch thinking?
Speaker 2: She was of some serious rage issues?
Speaker 1: Oh fuck, yeah, there's actually I was waiting for a good time to say it. Now is the best time. There was an incident where she had an ex of hers, a dentist dude or something like that. They split up and he, you know, found a new girlfriend sort of thing. And she actually was like fucking hardcore stalking these two.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: And she actually like broke into their apartment and stole some shit out of there, and there was a restraining order put on them. And only a few days after the restraining order, they saw her parked in a fucking car outside his dentist office, fucking watching them. They went, they laughed. Immediately she followed them home and they had to fucking called cops on her because she broke the restraining order and was following them. They were fucking fearing for their life. This dentist even said she had an She was known for being abusive in the relationship, kicking, punching.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, so she's a crazy she's fucking straight up psycho.
Speaker 1: I wanted to say this at the very beginning, but I mean, got to paint a good story.
Speaker 2: Is she like a like I don't even know how to say. This's not like big, but like.
Speaker 1: Oh no, she's a very petite girl.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I'm like, is she like freaking like six or five? Like what kind of woman is.
Speaker 1: She's a very petite girl?
Speaker 2: Oh god, ysh Okay, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: So after all this staging, the bloody foot prints and everything. She ripped the crotch of her own pants, cut herself with a razor and if yeah, cut herself with a razor in several different places, superficial wounds because she's not going to fucking go hardcore on herself, right Yeah, and used a wooden coat hanger, a foreign object to sexually assault herself and Jana.
Speaker 2: Oh I was waiting for that. Oh so she did it to Jana too.
Speaker 1: I should actually clarify on that one. I'm assuming she did it to Jana. I couldn't find any facts on if she did or didn't, but I'm going to assume she did, because if she's going to do it to herself, I would assume she would do it to Jena probably post mortem.
Speaker 2: Was Jane smaller than her? Like, I just can't believe how wild she is.
Speaker 1: I think Jana was actually larger than she is.
Speaker 2: She's drinking.
Speaker 1: I've watched a YouTube video of Jana's where she was celebrating her thirtieth birthday and she went bungee jumping. Actually it's up on YouTube. Oh so maybe we'll post that in the link down below.
Speaker 2: So this just this chick is just a wild like wild thing.
Speaker 1: She's sucking trash. Fuck this bitch.
Speaker 2: Jana had no idea like like she was just like Jana was just doing that job hard completely.
Speaker 1: Jana was actually not even supposed to be working with.
Speaker 2: This and beyond her job. And she went back to let this bitch in.
Speaker 1: But did you hear me? Jana wasn't even supposed to work that shift?
Speaker 2: What did someone call him sick?
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was calling sick or a switch shift, but she had picked up this shift somehow and she was working this shift, so she was just put in the situation.
Speaker 2: Stories like that, I'm sorry, like they could have been doing something else and yet they are in this oh like that, like they said, there in this position and they couldn't didn't have to be like I hate that, you mad bro. Well it's almost but I mean you'd probably be able to come up with something like for every murder or whatever, right too. Yeah, but it's always like that. Oh, they were actually supposed to be here, but this happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the final part to this, she then zip tied her own hands together with zip tize she found in the shop, just like all the weapons she found in the in the Lulu Lemon store shop whatever, and then sat down in the bathroom and waited for the next manager to come in in the morning to find them. And remember how I said her hands were found above her head. Yeah, and that moan that they heard when they first opened the shop. Yeah, that's her just playing victim.
Speaker 2: Being pathetic, exactly. And she probably took everything at herself then from the safe, yeah exactly, and sat there with this poor, like brutally murdered person all night. Yeah, like that psycho.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck, it's beyond psycho.
Speaker 2: That is psycho.
Speaker 1: Britney's defense in court, this is actually kind of funny, was only that it was not premeditated, because she was so fucking deep in this they couldn't. That was their only defense that it wasn't premeditated. They said that she snapped, and that Brittany attacked Jaena in the heat of the moment and lost control.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm sure that's happened.
Speaker 1: However, there's an account that after the trial, the judge went home, took an object, sat at his dining room table, and struck his dining room table three hundred and thirty one times and timed himself how long it would take. It took him ten minutes to complete the task, hitting the table consecutively. Yet Britney got up, found other objects, went back to it, got up, found something else, went back to it. She was beating the fuck out of Jana lifeless for god knows how long. How is that in the heat of the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, because when a victim has such so much wounds and like stuff like that, the attackers has something like then, oh yeah, right, that they're releasing, like get some serious anger problem or something.
Speaker 1: I don't give a shit. If you hate someone, you don't fucking beat the shit out of them three hundred and thirty one times till they die.
Speaker 2: Like that's nuts, Right.
Speaker 1: If you hate someone, you go home and scream into your pillow and drink a couple fucking drinks and watch a fucking murdered doc on Netflix, Like that's what you do and hate someone.
Speaker 2: Who was it that did the dining room thing?
Speaker 1: The judge after your trials.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's interesting, this poor dining room table.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm sure he put like a jacket down or something, right, Yeah, Anyways, Britney was found guilty for the murder of Jane and Murray in the first degree with life in prison and no chance of parole.
Speaker 2: Good, good, good. So she's still in prison.
Speaker 1: Oh she's fucking in prison for life.
Speaker 2: Wow, she's she.
Speaker 1: Deserves fucking a lot more, but she's at least getting that. Yeah, so that is the Lulu.
Speaker 2: I'm also still mad at the Apple store, right, how can.
Speaker 1: You not fucking report that? Shit?
Speaker 2: I can't believe that.
Speaker 1: If there's if there's one thing anyone takes away from this, fucking speak up, Like.
Speaker 2: If even if you have the tiniest sense that something's off, like it's cold or help.
Speaker 1: Like what are you gonna lose?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Nine one one? Yeah, there's someone saying, God, please help me next door if you.
Speaker 2: Want to just come check it out for me, please, Yeah, And the police officer would be like, heck, yeah, I'll be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What's the worst that can happen? You're wrong?
Speaker 2: Oops, you heard something funny that wasn't happening.
Speaker 1: It's actually just two people boning next door, my mistake, Like who know, Like you know, it's what what's gonna go wrong? The best thing that can happen is you save a fucking life.
Speaker 2: Could have saved a life, Yeah, because yeah, that she sounded like she was good, a good person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Janu Murray was, as far as I can tell. I'm gonna make sure I link that video down below. I went and I said a little little thing on there and a little rest in peace. Oh did you maybe everyone else can do the same too.
Speaker 2: It's on YouTube.
Speaker 1: It's on YouTube. Yeah. Okay, So to our badass of the day, JANEA.
Speaker 2: Murray, no kidding, cheers to her.
Speaker 1: To her, and make sure you guys.
Speaker 2: Stay wicked, Make sure you stay wicked.
Speaker 1: Smooth,