Speaker 1: Hey, we want you guys to be a part of the show. If you're listening on the iHeartRadio app, you see that little red microphone. We want you to use it, and here's what we want you to do. Just tap it and say something to the effect of From the Lester Holtz Studios, here's Tricia Delicia.
Speaker 2: Yep, you can introduce me before my story. We love each time we do it.
Speaker 1: Yep, it will save them. We'll play them all the time. It's really simple. So use that talkback button and say, from the Lester Holt Studios, here's Tricia Delicia.
Speaker 3: Make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free, new and improved iHeartRadio app. Listen for all your music radio and podcasts free Never sounded so good. One three one Austin dot Com.
Speaker 4: Chrisha, Krisha. I just called you Krisha.
Speaker 5: That's weird.
Speaker 4: I'll I've called you a lot of things, but never Krisha.
Speaker 5: Remember that time I called you Larry?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don remember that.
Speaker 5: No, No anybody named Larry.
Speaker 4: It's called me.
Speaker 5: Larry randomly said Hey, Larry, so strange. I think that's hilarious for some reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and has never done it again. No very strange. Well, Tricia, yesterday I went doge on our household. Oh, I went looking for waste, and not fraud, not abuse, just waste. Things that I subscribe to that I no longer use and no longer need.
Speaker 5: Waste and repetition. Repetition is what I doged last week.
Speaker 1: And I found a and I used a app that is worth every penny to have to help you do this. I'm gonna tell you what it is and how much money I saved. All right, stay with us, it's coming up.
Speaker 5: Nex one O three point one Austin.
Speaker 1: You know, I think a lot of people have good intentions when they subscribed to certain things and they want they try it out, and then they don't cancel. I think that's the business model of a lot of businesses. Give them the freebie and they'll forget right.
Speaker 2: But here's what they don't count on, as people like me that I'll try it and if it's a thirty day free trial, day twenty eight, I put a notice in my phone cancel or keep X subscription.
Speaker 5: And they make it fairly difficult to cancel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is some legislation that's been talked about of having a click to cancel button that they're going to require these places to do, and I don't know if that'll ever get anywhere. It's probably like the legislation that said TV commercials had to be the same volume as the TV show that never got meen.
Speaker 5: They passed it and then nobody ever did it.
Speaker 4: Exactly so I had.
Speaker 1: I started using this app at the recommendation of a friend of mine and I'm not being paid to endorse this, Just to be clear. Rocket Money. Yes, now it's a paid subscription, but it's worth it, Isn't it pretty cheap? Yeah, it's super cheap. It's I think nine or ten dollars a month. But what it does is it keeps track of all of your subscriptions and that way you don't have to go there. But also you can tap on it. And now they're all kind of a little different on how they'll cancel it for you, but most of the time it will just say would you like us to send an email to cancel this subscription?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Nice? They send the right They copy and paste it into your email. It comes from you, they send it. It's done done other ones. There's a couple things. It's very simple though, but all in trisia. My doze of my subscriptions that I did yesterday saved me one hundred and forty eight dollars a month. And that's just monthly. And then there's those other tricky ones that they just billion once a year. Yeah, and I saved just three hundred and sixty two dollars annually.
Speaker 2: What in the world did you have going? How many subscriptions did you have?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Those were like those things were some web hosting things that I have. Yeah, some web tools that I had that had to be paid annually. None of them were more than like one hundred and ten dollars a year, one hundred and twenty dollars a year or something like that. But some of the stuff that I canceled Audible gone. You know what that is? Yeah, Audible is the book on tape which I listened to one book. I loved it, thought I would do it all the time. Nope, didn't canceled goodbye Audible.
Speaker 4: What is this? I'm clicking through my emails of all my confirmations.
Speaker 1: Oh, I hosted a I hosted a podcast that is no longer being done. I canceled that as well. That was like eleven dollars I had a VPN that I tried out, I canceled.
Speaker 2: How long did you tried it out? And then how long did you end up paying for it not using it?
Speaker 4: This one like five months.
Speaker 1: All those VPNs, By the way, there's a lot of things that will not allow you to use a VPN to do. I'm all about being protecting your browsing. Yeah, but a lot of people on their websites, they just won't. You can't get on their site with a VPN. They know you're on a VPN. Let's see, what is this one? Something to do with my phone? Nope, that's not my phone, that's something else. Anyway, I just went through a whole bunch of stuff and it took me maybe fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Oh, here's one Vimeo.
Speaker 1: Vimeo is like a private YouTube where you can create your own channels and host your own videos and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: And that was an annual one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well they you just forget about it and boom, next thing, you know what you're charged for it? History Vault gone.
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 1: That's a subscription on the television that's all history history stuff.
Speaker 4: I got rid of that.
Speaker 5: You'll just subscribe to anything.
Speaker 4: Peacock peacock. Yeah gone, Oh car wash gone?
Speaker 5: What's car wash?
Speaker 4: My car wash twenty nine ninety nine a month.
Speaker 2: I didn't know it was thirty bucks a month. You know they're building one right down at the end of our street. I cannot wait for that.
Speaker 1: Part of the reason I canceled it. And I will probably get a subscription for that. I probably seventeen bucks. Yeah, so if you wash your car twice a month, special package for thirty bucks a month. I thought there were always like around twenty bucks. This was twenty nine ninety nine. One for you, Sandy, got rid of that. I'm telling you. This app just makes it so much easier to do.
Speaker 5: And then do you get confirmations?
Speaker 4: And that's what I'm looking at right now.
Speaker 1: All my emails, all these are confirmations that I've got, and a lot of them are like, here's what to expect after canceling your account, blah blah blah blah blah. But again not being paid to endorse Rocket money, right, But it's great.
Speaker 5: So I have it on my list of things to do.
Speaker 2: I just feel like I need to sit down and look at it and get to know it and understand it and decide if I'm going to do it or not.
Speaker 5: But now if you've already done all that, I'm just gonna get you do. Tell me what it's all about, and I'm gonna sign up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 1: I mean it'll also tell you where you spent your money, how much money you spent this week, how much you've paid an interest on a credit card, if you paid it at all. I mean, it's it does a lot, and it's amazing, so cool. I want to get that looking out for your friends. Money's tough right now. It's tough out there, you know.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 1: So anyway that you can save a buck or two, I'm all about it.
Speaker 4: Cheese Tresham. My name is Sandy Stick.
Speaker 1: We got more coming up on Austin's eighties station what O three point one and streaming at one O three to one Austin dot com. Hey at Sandy, and spring is springing in Central Texas. Yeah, it's not one hundred degrees yet, but March means that summer energy bills are right around the corner. In some years, springtime also means lots of wind and some wild weather.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Just thinking about that makes me think about the importance of my roof. You know, the roof protects your house, you know the house that you raise your family. And well, my friends Scott and Stacy Feller and their team at Kangaroof they're great people. They take care of all my roofing needs. They've done it for years. They'll do the same for families across Central Texas and have for more than two decades.
Speaker 4: With so much riding on your roof, don't leave it the chance.
Speaker 1: Choose a roofing company that you know, a company that's gonna be there, standing behind their work through thick and thin, no matter what Central Texas weather throws at us. Scott and Stacy and all the fine folks at Kangaroof do great work that you can trust. So give them a call. They hop to it. Find him online at call Kangaroof dot com. Trust me, kangaroof will treat you right. Find him online at call Kingaroof dot com. Hey, it's the Sandy Show Sandy and Tricia on Austin's eighties station What Oh three point one. Tricia says they're treading on sacred ground with a new conspiracy theory that's being thrown around. She's got it for you in the story we love in just a second, Tricia, do you have a friend that's good at everything?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right, you got that. Everyone's got that friend. Yeah, I've got a friend that's like that too.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't mean to sound like the yeah, but it means sometimes it just makes you feel kind of right bad about yourself sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I've got a buddy that is just everything he's good at. He's a great golfer, he's a great skier, he's a great tennis player. He's super fit, he's really smart, very wealthy. Finally found something you can't do.
Speaker 5: Your face is all happy.
Speaker 4: Something I am tremendously better at than you.
Speaker 1: Terrible friend, this is making you so happy? No, because I have he beats me and everything else. But he and I started working out together, and in between our weightlifting sets, I jump rope.
Speaker 4: He can't.
Speaker 5: He can't jump jump rope.
Speaker 1: Can't jump rope to save his life, and is blown away by my jump. He's like, that's amazing. How did you learn how to jump rope like that? I just jumped around a lot of open in my life.
Speaker 5: But did he never play in a playground? Is a child or have a pe class.
Speaker 1: He is Canadian, so they don't like jumping the ice skates all the time, I guess, But yeah, it was very comforting.
Speaker 2: Did you show him how it's done. It's not like it to do weird things with your body.
Speaker 5: To jump rope.
Speaker 1: He couldn't grasp the idea of just being on your tiptoes and jumping. He was trying to like land flat foot and one foot.
Speaker 4: In the top.
Speaker 5: Dude, you look you look spastic. You look like something's wrong with you.
Speaker 4: A good athlete around?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was double I was crossing over doing other steps.
Speaker 4: I mean it was he was blown away.
Speaker 1: You're embarrassed because he was like, do that again. I would have watched that some more. Okay, you got it.
Speaker 2: If I had been there listening to you to have that conversation, I'd have thought y'all were messing around with me. I think you would have been able to believe that that was an actual Conversey.
Speaker 4: It was hysterical. It was very very funny. You ready to report?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the stories we lahaw all right. You remember John Vana Ramsey. She was murdered back in nineteen ninety six. Horrible story. This is one of the like what are the If you had to list the top three mysteries that haven't been solved that you want the answer to, this would be one of them. I just am baffled by this whole thing. She was murdered back in nineteen ninety six. A weird conspiracy theory has been floating around for years now that she was not actually murdered. This conspiracy theory says her parents, in conjunction with the Illuminati, faked her day and hit her away so she could resurface years later as Katy Perry.
Speaker 4: Oh, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Speaker 5: Stop it.
Speaker 4: Do you call yourself a raporta Sandy?
Speaker 5: What do you?
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I believe this, I said I think this is terrible that this has been floating around for years. Last month, somebody even posted a video using AI to transform John Benay into Katy Perry with one of Katy Perry's songs playing in the background. Katy Perry actually commented on it too and said.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because her people are the one doing it, And I'll.
Speaker 2: Never buy another Katy Perry's album again, song again.
Speaker 5: If she's actively participating in this, You'll.
Speaker 4: Never hear that out loud. But I promise you it's true. No, I promise you. Katy Perry's people are behind this.
Speaker 5: No, they are not. Sandy.
Speaker 1: You're still trying to keep irrelevant. She hadn't had a hit in twenty years.
Speaker 2: Is not a way to make irrelevant. That's horrible. Shame on anybody who's doing that, right.
Speaker 4: I mean the lows that people will go to to keep their fame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awful. Yeah, who killed that baby? That's what I want to know.
Speaker 4: The family going through it all?
Speaker 5: Oh god, I know.
Speaker 2: So shame on everybody who's even the least bit involved in this.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm trying to You mentioned other mysteries that you want answers to, Yeah, you know, and of course, off the top of my head, I can't really think of one.
Speaker 5: But where'd that plane go?
Speaker 2: That plane that disappeared the Malaysian air where's that airplane?
Speaker 5: And all those people who were on it?
Speaker 4: That was? That was a laser? It disintegrated highway?
Speaker 1: What a laser weapontegrated the blazer?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you are ridiculous.
Speaker 4: It was a laser that they fired from the north.
Speaker 5: I keep saying it. I'm not going to believe it was a laser.
Speaker 4: It was a laser, high powered laser just to synegram.
Speaker 2: I thought maybe we'd get the JFK thing mystery solved. Apparently there's no new information in all of that.
Speaker 1: I mean, here's the thing about Can I say real quick and this is my take on the JFK files being released. They lied to your face and the idea on paper, you know what I mean? Do you think just gonna say, oh, this, this and this happened, but we're.
Speaker 4: Gonna write it down different.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Come on, Yeah, what did you expect?
Speaker 5: Is there any mystery out there that you're like, I'm dying to know what this is? Oh?
Speaker 1: There is, I just can't think of it right now. Yeah, just cannot think of you know, roswell UFOs. That's that stuff real that I'd like to now.
Speaker 5: Not a laser. Actually, lasers could be involved in that.
Speaker 1: For those of you that may not know, Chrishall Love's a bigfoot. Yes, did you see the bigfoot story in Pennsylvania?
Speaker 5: I did after the storm?
Speaker 1: Right, there was a sighting, right, a bigfoot sighting in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a photograph of a man standing in his yard and all his down trees are all around him and then across like a creek behind him, there's a bigfoot figure walking.
Speaker 5: Y'all. I believe in Bigfoot. He is real.
Speaker 2: I wear t shirts and everything to support the Sasquatch. But even I can tell that this is one of those big iron bigfoot cutouts that you can buy and put.
Speaker 4: In your yard.
Speaker 3: Aha.
Speaker 5: That's clear to me that that's not real.
Speaker 1: That's where I'm going with this. You set me up perfectly, Thank you very much. Okay, that's the part where I need to know. For years, years, Trisha has said she wants one of those big seven foot pieces of metal yard art of the Sasquatch, of the bigfoot walking with his hands, you know, one and back and one in front, legs at an average bigfoot gait. And she says she wants one.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 1: In fact, they took a picture of one somewhere once and she said, do not come.
Speaker 4: Home without that.
Speaker 5: Don't come home if you're not buying that.
Speaker 4: Here here's now. Seriously, are you serious.
Speaker 5: As to whether or not I really want one?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to be more clear when I say, don't come home unless you're buying.
Speaker 5: That for me?
Speaker 1: You would put that in our front yard. I'd put in our backyard.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: If somebody would steal it in the front yard.
Speaker 4: Oh, probably would want it. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 5: No, I put it in the backyard for sure.
Speaker 4: It was like, is that a funny ha ha?
Speaker 2: No, I really I don't want a little one. I don't want a little dinky miniature one.
Speaker 4: Who does.
Speaker 5: I want a life size one.
Speaker 1: A real bigfoot, like the classic bigfoot photo of him walkie.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's what you want, yes, all right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay are they expensive?
Speaker 4: I don't know a clue.
Speaker 1: I would imagine they are. Anything that's seven foot made of metal is going to be expensive, right.
Speaker 5: See we see bign find one.
Speaker 1: You gotta get him out dollars out in the country somewhere where they sell stuff like that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Etsy has one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They range anywhere from eighty five dollars probably not a full sized one, to like one hundred and eighty nine dollars, actually three hundred and seventy eight bucks.
Speaker 5: One's fifty percent off, Sandy, Well, you jump on it.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like I want to buy it from a low well, like next time I take Landry down to summer camp.
Speaker 4: Or that little place you know what I'm talking a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they always have him out there. I borrow a comment on it every time. Giant seven foot tall all Weather bigfoot yard display.
Speaker 5: Oh how much one hundred and eighty nine dollars.
Speaker 4: That's not bad?
Speaker 5: Look at it. I mean, don't tell me that you would not be like, holy crap.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That'll keep the critters away too, for sure, it really would.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll have to borrow someone's pickup to get it.
Speaker 5: But you strap it down with bungee courts the top of your little.
Speaker 4: Tricia. It'll be a surprise, but you will have soon. She's Tricia. My name is Sandy.
Speaker 1: Find us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official and go ahead and follow Trisha on Instagram too.
Speaker 4: She's closed. She's nine people away from nine hundred.
Speaker 2: My goal's nine hundred. Not trying to be greedy, just want to get into the nines. You can follow me at Tricia t r c I A dot Delicia d E l I s H.
Speaker 4: And this is the Sandy Show tructa.
Speaker 1: You know, I am more and more convinced that the full moon has an effect on my sleep because we just had a full moon recently and I went an entire week of horrible sleep every night there was a full moon. And people look at me when I tell them that that they think I'm crazy. But I really believe that the full moon affects my sleep.
Speaker 2: The moon affects everything, the tides, it's the pull of the earth, you know what I mean, Right.
Speaker 1: It changes and we're like, what water, Yeah, so it's going to affect us, right, Yeah. But I don't care how bad the moon is affecting my sleep. I am not going to try to get better sleep by doing what some lunatics are recommending. Behavior sleep disorder specialist Michelle dre Rupp recommends wearing socks to bed.
Speaker 2: Oh takes me hot, just even thinking about it.
Speaker 4: Chest is gross to me. That's just gross.
Speaker 1: And there's things like I would think if I slept in my socks, I would wake up with toe fungus because it's like it's like a peatri dish in there. Yeah, it's holding the sweat. Your feet have to breathe. If you took a shower, though, you should be.
Speaker 5: All right, I know, but your feet have to breathe.
Speaker 2: Just the hotness, I mean, And then what good is it to stick your foot out from under the covers to get air, only to have a sock on to block the air.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it makes no sense.
Speaker 5: Here's what she says.
Speaker 2: It sounds very counterintuitive, but I could see how she might be right, but I'm not willing to try it. By wearing socks to bed and warming your feet, you actually lower your core body temperature because it opens up your blood vessels to help you cool down the rest of your body.
Speaker 5: I don't care.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing that, so.
Speaker 2: You'll sleep, go to sleep eight minutes faster and sleep for thirty two minutes longer than those who don't wear suck.
Speaker 5: Not worth the toe fungus. I'm not worried about tying, so I'm worried about sweat.
Speaker 4: Uh well, sweating leads to toe fungus.
Speaker 5: What's weird thing. I didn't know you were so afraid of toe fungus.
Speaker 4: If you've ever seen my father's toes, you would be a friend.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: Here's also says keeping your bedroom around sixty five degrees, we go sixty nine and it gets pretty chilly.
Speaker 1: Easy tell everybody we go sixty nine. Didn't need to tell everybody that. No one needs to know that.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like, really, actually, you're the one who told abot because that's not what I was talking about.
Speaker 4: Don't wear socks about it. I don't care what Michelle Dre Rubb.
Speaker 2: I don't care what that expert who does nothing but steadies sleeping.
Speaker 5: We don't care what she has to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Hey, we want you guys to be a part of the show. If you're listening on the iHeartRadio app, you see that little red microphone. We want you to use it, and here's what we want you to do. Just tap it and say something to the effect of from the Lester Holtz Studios, here's Tricia Delicia.
Speaker 2: Yep, you can introduce me before my story. We love each time we do it.
Speaker 1: Yep, and we'll save them. We'll play them all the time. It's really simple. So use that talkback button and say from the Lester Holt Studios, here's Tricia Delicia.