Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray. I'm WBSY Constance video.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much, Dan Watkins. As we move into a nine.
Speaker 3: O'clock hour here on Night Side, I hope all of you are doing well. Interesting issues that we talked about last hour, and again we always do this, and we do it in a way in which we try to hit upon different topics that people might be interested in. And we can talk literally every night, if you know, we wanted to about politics. But to be honest with you, as someone who's sitting here for for an entire evening, uh, it can be it can be pretty tough to Uh. My computer has given me all sorts of problems here, but we'll we'll figure this out. I guess at one point later, I'm just going to shut this computer off right now.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. So what I want to talk about now is a story.
Speaker 3: That was in the Boston Globe today And maybe you know this, Rob, I have no idea what my computer is doing, and I think I just got to shut it off, force force it here or escape or whatever like that. We'll figure it out. In the Boston Globe, in the Wednesday Food section, appropriately enough, there is a story written by Devora first, and Devora wrote this story that says, should you take your dog to dinner? It's an intriguing headline, and apparently there's an effort underway here in Boston which I think is a great idea to allow dogs to be present and in certain restaurants outdoor dining. I think I'm not a dining expert, I'm not even a dog expert, but I think it's called alfresco. So dev wrote, I took my dog to dinner. Apparently this is something dog owners love to do. Yes, indeed, yes, indeed.
Speaker 2: There is, she wrote.
Speaker 3: Last year, after centuries of successful dog on friendly dining, Boston introduced a variance in which businesses could apply allowing pups to join their humans eating alfresco.
Speaker 2: I think it's a great idea.
Speaker 3: Now, ironically, at the end of the article, which is, you know, typical article in the g section, fairly lengthy. We tried to get Devor to join us tonight, but I guess she's on vacation this week and is not available. Marita called her or contacted her. She finishes up by essentially saying, in her opinion, dog friendly dining is more for human than dogs. She said her dog is a very good dog, and she's easy to handle in public places. Is she always this chill, one staffer asked at Davio's. But she's still a dog. Restaurants don't have much to offer her. She could be home lounging in her bed, police in the yard for squirrels chewing her toy. Bring your dog out to eat if you want, but let's be honest. Dog friendly dining is for humans, it's not for dogs. That's her conclusion. I couldn't disagree with her more on that conclusion, I think. And my daughter has a dog out in San Francisco. She and her husband a corky named Mustard. You're familiar with Mustard, and we have eaten at many outdoor restaurants in San Francisco, not many, but some over the years. And Mustard is very well behaved, doesn't bother anyone, and always draws lots of miles from fellow customers. He doesn't leap up, he's very well trained, and he's a beautiful Corgi. And the idea on a beautiful early fall or late summer or early fall night, to be able to take him out and go with us to an outdoor restaurant in San Francisco, over that matter, an outdoor restaurant in Boston, or an outdoor restaurant anywhere. I think is fabulous. Now, I'm sure some of you are going to say, hey, what about the dog that doesn't behave? Well, I think most dog owners are small enough to know that they're dogs in a situation in a restaurant, they need to behave They're not going to be sitting at the table, They're not going to be jumping up on the table. They're probably going to be lying down. And I guess if you read this article, which I'm not going to read the entire thing to you, some of the restaurants not only are friendly to the the owners, meaning giving them the opportunity to bring their dog with them. Maybe I mean for me to leave a dog at home alone when you could take the dog with you and and enjoy something. It's it's just so such an easy answer. It's a yes, yes, yes, in my opinion. Now, some of the restaurants actually provide water dishes, you know, you know, just full of water for the dog. I think it's fabulous and I think it's a way in which dogs can spend more times. Oh, humans can spend more times with their dogs. I think that humans who have dogs for the most part like their dogs. Now, I suspect some of you out there might disagree with me, but if you would be kind enough to give us a call and let me know six one seven, two five four ten thirty or six one seven nine three one ten thirty, I would be very appreciative. I'd love to know where if I'm in the majority on this. I know that people can talk about dogs that would misbehave dogs that would bark and disturb other people's meals, But most dogs are better behave, but better behaved than the little kids at restaurants. I mean, if you have a small child, a toddler two three, four, five years old, you want to bring them with you in a restaurants. You're not going to leave them at home in my opinion, And occasionally, obviously kids can have accidents. Dogs can have accidents, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're going to destroy your meals. And restaurants can do this. They can have areas on a patio where the dogs and the owners with dogs sit in one end of the one end of the one of the patio, just like they used to have smoking sections in restaurants. So I just want to open up the phone lines. If you had a chance to read the Global article by Devra first, it's entitled should you take your dog to dinner? She ends up by essentially saying that it's not fear of the dogs. I disagree totally. So we're going to open up the phone lines. Give us a call six one, seven, two, five four to ten thirty six month seven nine three one ten thirty. We will be talking at ten o'clock about an apparent bit of a change in the presidential race. So if you want to talk about Robert F. Kennedy Junior's presentation on Friday, the day after the Democratic Convention, we can. We can talk about that. But I have some sound from Robert F. Kennedy Junior and also from his running mate Nicole Nicole Shanahan, and it's pretty clear when you listen to what they have to say, what they intend to do on Friday. We'll talk about that from ten to midnight. But this hour we're going to the dogs. Going to the dogs with outdoor dining in Boston, and maybe there's some communities elsewhere smaller communities that have outdoor dining feel free to let's spread the word back on Night's Side right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: So I'm still working with my computer here, but I think I got it working here. So doing two or three things simultaneously sometimes.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And we are talking about people having an opportunity if they choose to take their dog to dinner, sidewalk dining, outdoor dining in Boston. They may be doing it elsewhere as well. I don't know, but you can join the conversation. The only lines that are open right now are six one seven nine three one ten thirty. So if you're dialing the two five four ten thirty number, you're gonna get a busy signal. Please dial six one seven nine three ten thirty. The author of the article in The Globe, which again brought this issue to my attention deva. First, we invited Deffor to join us tonight. Unfortunately she is, I believe, on vacation. According to my producer, Uh, she basically says this a good idea, even though she has a dog. I think it's a great idea. Because I've done it. I've never done it in Boston, but I've done it in San Francisco with my daughter, her husband and their dog, a great quirky named Mustard.
Speaker 2: Gary is in Northbridge. Gary.
Speaker 3: I suspect people are going to have strong feelings on this issue, one way or the other.
Speaker 2: What is your feeling?
Speaker 4: Go right ahead, Gary, Hey man, I have been been a while, but it's great to talk to you. You know, I think all right, to start with, it should definitely be up to the restaurant. I don't see why any of them right up to the restaurant. It shouldn't be town by town. It should be up to them. But here's my feeling. I'm a little bit skeptical of this, and I'm a dog lover. Some of my best friends have four legs, okay, But at the same time, my only issue is not really the dog, but rather some of the some of the owners. And I know that you have faith of the owners. I mean I generally do too, But what if it's my one night out for the week of the month or whatever it is, I'm going to go blow one hundred bucks because that's my budget. And now I've got you know, you ever, get the family with the kids that are out of control and they just don't do anything to the right. Absolutely not just adding another layer of potential mayhem at the restaurants.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, are you going to ban families with young kids from going to the restaurants?
Speaker 2: I don't think you're going to do that.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I mean, an adults only restaurant wouldn't be a bad idea of Probably, I.
Speaker 2: Think that's great.
Speaker 3: Look, I think that you should have adult only restaurants, to be really honest with you, and I think you should have families that cater to both adults as well as family members. And I think that that in Boston. Basically it gives these restaurants an option, an option to have again alfresco, I guess it means outdoors dining, okay.
Speaker 2: Uh, And so it's a choice you go there or you don't go there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think that's pretty much. I think people will vote with their feet, as they always do on those kinds of decisions that businesses make. And at the same time, you know, it may be more important for one business, but maybe not another business. So some may be set up differently with larger outside areas where some may not and in the city's probably is I agree with you better for the dog, because if you're in a city, let's face it, how what is the dog really doing as opposed to someone that's got a half acre for an acre fenced in and it goes out and runs around all day Anyway, Yeah, may not be so important to get that dog, you know, out of the house and socializing and stuff like that. So it's a pretty interesting issue. I guess. I say I would try it, but if it became a nuisance, I would avoid those.
Speaker 2: Restaurants, right. But it was funny.
Speaker 3: I was I was reading a piece today, I think it was in the Globe, might have been in the Herald, and it talked about how they target the big chain, you know, big store Target, Target everywhere, Minnesota based store. They're saying that they are now going to reduce their prices because they now believe that customers feel that the cost of items at Target, some items are too expensive. That's the way the free market system works.
Speaker 2: So people, yeah, go.
Speaker 3: Into Target looking for deals and all of a sudden, they're not seeing the deals that they were used to five years ago, ten years ago or whatever.
Speaker 2: Are walking out and not buying or not buying as much stuff. Target has finally.
Speaker 3: Got the message same way here if a restaurant, no one is saying to a community you have to have dog friendly restaurants.
Speaker 2: It's just an option.
Speaker 3: It's like in Boston they have, I think a couple of I think they still have a couple of cigar bars. If you don't like cigar smoke, God, don't go to a cigar bar, you know, if you don't if you don't like ice cream, don't don't go to an ice cream stand.
Speaker 4: Right, I agree with you. Yeah, So, I mean, I guess I come down on the Yeah, I for it. I'm cautiously optimistic and I'd love to see it in some of these places, even in the suburbs where they have some nice outside areas, you know, where they they you know, may have you know, bands and other things stuff like that, where I really don't see it an issue, you know, with dogs coming in. But I think that the owners will really have to have a little bit more policing as to you know, your dog is coming and this dog, you know, maybe guys, you don't bring your dog back, and that it could put them in a tough situation.
Speaker 3: But again that's but again that's up to the restaurant owner. If I own a restaurant and I say, you know what I'm thinking of doing, I'm thinking of opening up and making a dog friendly as a restaurant, I got to think it through. What do I do if somebody comes in with a dog that that won't stop barking?
Speaker 2: What do I do with the dog?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That that is snapping it?
Speaker 3: So what you know, whatever, every situation, what do I do with the dog that wants to relieve himself on someone else's you know?
Speaker 2: I mean you got to deal with that.
Speaker 3: And I think that the dog owners also have to say to themselves, Look, if I have a dog that is not UH, you know, people friendly, UH is not used to activity around him or her, I don't want to spoil it for other people, and I don't want to spoil it for my dog.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's options. It's just giving people options.
Speaker 3: Gary, I think I've pulled you over to my side of the aisle, but I yeah.
Speaker 4: You probably did. I'm a fifty one, got.
Speaker 2: Me all right? Thanks Gary talculator.
Speaker 3: All right, but I so Gary's line opens up that six one seven two thirty we also have some lines at six one, seven, nine, three thirty. Let me go next to Marcel in Boston. Hey, Marcel, what do you think of this idea? You live in Boston, I guess.
Speaker 5: Right, Hello, yes I do. I think it's a horrendous idea.
Speaker 2: Don't be ambivalent on me. Tell me what you really think, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 6: And the reason why I think it's a horrendous idea. A lot of people own dogs, you know, friendly, they're friendly dogs. Yeah, I'm one of them people. I don't want your dog sniffing me. I don't want your dog licking. People don't control their dogs, you know. And honestly, you're violating my space when your dog comes up, licks me, sniffs me. You know, it's I don't it's to me that.
Speaker 2: Behave that behavior.
Speaker 3: Marcel should not be tolerated, Okay, at at a at any restaurant, anymore than if someone has a three year old kid who wants to wander over to your table and and pull it your sleeve.
Speaker 5: I take the three year old kid every day, all day, you know.
Speaker 2: And the dog and my money's are the dogs?
Speaker 7: Now you live?
Speaker 2: Do you live it? Do you live?
Speaker 3: You said you're in Boston, I don't have to tell me about you downtown. Are you in one of the downtown neighborhoods?
Speaker 5: No rods?
Speaker 2: Very? Okay, fine, that's fine.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying is it's up to the it's up to the restaurant owners. First of all, they have to have an outdoor space. So if you don't have an outdoor space, it doesn't work.
Speaker 2: And have you ever owned a dog?
Speaker 5: No, I have it. But I don't get me wrong.
Speaker 3: No, no, I get that, But I gotta be honest with you and some dog owners I hope are going to agree with me. Dogs become part of your family.
Speaker 5: Oh and I understand it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's tough when you work during the week or whatever and you come home and you're gonna go out to dinner and it's the middle of the summer and the apartment is eighty degrees and the air conditioning isn't working. Just to have the ability to find a restaurant, you know, it doesn't have to be every restaurant. And hopefully dog owners will be smart enough to just as if they have kids who are who are not well disciplined and who throw little tempered tantrums, you shouldn't bring that child to a restaurant, to any restaurant with you, because that's going to impact. It's like the person on the plane, they can't control the child. Now, a plane is a little different, and sometimes people have to fly a great distance. They're not going to drive across country, and so I'm tolerant to that. But I'm not tolerant when you're in a restaurant and you're trying to have a meal and enjoy a conversation with someone and some kid is screaming two tables over.
Speaker 5: Absolutely absolutely I agree with you, you know, but I also have another issue. Sure many years ago, you know, just this is just something that happened. I went to a barbecue and the person had a dog, right, and the dog had fleas.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that.
Speaker 5: I ended up bringing fleas home to my house.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 5: It's just I mean, it's almost like I can go to a restaurant, sit next to someone and had bed bugs. You know, the chances of the chances, you know. But if I can eliminate certain things.
Speaker 3: But see here's I agree with you, by the way I want you to. I agree with you, however, with this caveat. Yeah, if Let's say there's a hundred restaurants within and you know your where you live or where you can do. There's probably a hundred restaurants. Well, if ten of them turn out to be dog friendly restaurants and you're not comfortable dogs, don't go to those restaurants.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, okay. I just wanted to give my opinion. I love your opinion.
Speaker 2: Because it's it's a different opinion. Have you called me before?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: Is this your first time? Yes?
Speaker 5: I have no. No, I have called you. I want you to me twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: Oh come on, couldn't I've only been in the air here on BZ Radio. I was in TV twenty years ago.
Speaker 5: I made this screw twenty No, no, what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Made the switch here eight seventeen years ago. Plus we're starting year eighteen pretty soon, okay.
Speaker 5: All right, well maybe fifteen or so.
Speaker 2: But tive fly, Well, I hope you get back.
Speaker 3: You're a very intelligent, reasonable guy. We had a nice conversation. We reached an agreement that we're going to agree to disagree, and that's what night side is all about.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, have a wonderful evening.
Speaker 2: Thanks you turn myself talk soon, Okay, have a great one.
Speaker 3: Good night, all right, we got to take news at the bottom of the ra of Marcella is an excellent phone call. I hope you'll become an excellent phone call. We do have still a couple of lines at six one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty, and there's also a one line at six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. We will stop this topic at ten o'clock. We are going to go to what I think is going to be an interesting development in the twenty twenty fourth presidential race, uh later on this week, and I want to hear what you think about it. But in the meantime, we got Katie and Medford coming up, Gale and situate and got some room for you. Do you think dogs should be allowed at some restaurants? Not every restaurant, not every restaurant.
Speaker 2: But I think I think the idea of having some restaurants which your dog friendly is a great idea. I think it's a great idea.
Speaker 3: And guess what if a restaurant tries it and it doesn't work, they don't have to continue doing it. It's as simple as that. It gives We're all in favor of choice, right, all sorts of choices coming back on night's side, light them up back after this.
Speaker 1: If you're on Nights with Dan Ray, I'm Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 3: Next up, Katie and met for Katie. Where have you been? We've been missing you. Go right ahead, Katie.
Speaker 9: Hi HII.
Speaker 7: I listened to you all the time. I just don't always get to calls.
Speaker 3: No I know, well, you're always welcome. So what do you think about the idea of do you have a dog or no?
Speaker 10: I do?
Speaker 7: And I have to say, I think I'm being redundant here because you've already said pretty much everything I would say. But I'll just reiterate.
Speaker 5: I am a full.
Speaker 7: Proponent of it. If you know, I'm a big I'm also a proponent of like personal responsibility. So I believe in responsible dog owners knowing what their dog's personality is like and what you know, they need to be well behaved and they need to have them under control. Other than that, yes, I take my dog everywhere I can with me, literally, like I base my vacations around her, and I base and where we go to eat. I kind we choose places that are dogs friendly, and we bring her with us everywhere we can.
Speaker 2: Now you're in Medford.
Speaker 3: Are there any other communities besides Boston that have this this option available?
Speaker 7: I was wondering the same thing I travel like. I know there are places in New Hampshire and Maine, but like, I don't know of any around here. I'm sure there are. I'd be surprised if there weren't. But the only one I know of is that what's it called? That place an Everett. It's like a dog it's a dog place, but it's a It has like a little food truck and a like an alcohol bar inside. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: I don't want the dogs drinking, though, Katie.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's such a fun place. I can't remember what it's called. It's called like park something I don't remember, but it's in Everett and Bark or something.
Speaker 2: That's what it should be called park and Bark or something.
Speaker 7: But like that.
Speaker 3: Hopefully them will be able to call and tell us about it. But I just I dogs, and people who do not own dogs do not understand they are.
Speaker 2: Part of your family.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 7: She is my Yep, she is my family. And to you know, to reiterate what you and I don't remember. The gentleman's name. But I would choose the dogs over a toddler any day of the week. Any day, like when I'm in a restaurant, I can't stand hearing a screaming child. I'll take I'll take a dog any day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I think again, it comes down to the parents or the owner of the dog or the parent of the child. They have to make sure that their their child or their dog is capable of sitting quietly and enjoying what. However, whatever they're doing, it's nice if the restaurant would provide them with a little uh you know, bowl of water at least, particularly to cool them off. It's if it's outside. But again, I'm with you. I've been on airplanes where you're on a flight cross country and you listen to a child screaming yell and you realize that, hey, you know, the kids don't understand the air pressure in their ears and that's what they're reacting.
Speaker 5: To, right, you know, and everything.
Speaker 2: At some point, if they have.
Speaker 3: Children, they need to fly somewhere to you know, go see a grandparent or something, and that's part of it. But I just think the option should be available, and I want to hear for some more dog owners. Katie, I love when you call. I hope you'll continue to call the program, And thanks.
Speaker 2: So much for listening.
Speaker 7: Thank you, have a good night YouTube.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much.
Speaker 3: Let me go next to Gail and situate another favorite caller of mine. Hi, Gail, how are you Dan?
Speaker 11: So glad to hear your voice again. I'm glad you're back from Italy.
Speaker 2: Oh I've been back now for a week and a half.
Speaker 3: Come on, I'm I'm in full stride here, Katie or Gaiale, I should say full stride, go right ahead.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 11: It must have been so hot there though every day.
Speaker 2: Was a couple of days were over one hundred.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 11: I would not be able to survive that. Okay. I'm for the idea of dogs at a restaurant like they do in Paris. They and some Paris restaurants they allowed dogs to, you know, sit with you and eat. But there's got to be I think this should be there's a caveat there should be. There are certain breeds that are just playing aggressive, like I don't think that it would work if if owner brought in a pit bull or a Rottweiler, maybe some German shepherds, I mean some breeds are just you know, because if you have a if there's a dog fight breaking out with another dog, you know, then the restaurant's liable, and then you look at a lawsuit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a restaurant can make rules. I mean a restaurant. I don't think that they're going to be able to be hit with a civil rights violation if they say certain breeds are excluded or dogs, if they say dogs over let's say, you know, thirty five pounds are excluded.
Speaker 2: There's ways in which they can work around that.
Speaker 3: And I don't think that that, you know, the pit bulls can form a class action civil rights lawsuit or enjoyed with the German shepherds and the Doberman ventures.
Speaker 11: Well didn't you get see? But see, the thing is there's some pit bull owners that are adamant about they're pit bulls going wherever they want and doing allowing the dog to do whatever they want. I thought Gary brought up a good point. It's just said, you know, you're taking a chance with certain breeds imolved. I'm involved in rescue. I'm an involved in dog rescue, and I volunteered in an animal shelter for ten years. I dealt with all kinds.
Speaker 2: Of vice are you. Are you involved ironically in the animal shelter in Situate per chance?
Speaker 11: I volunteered there for one year.
Speaker 3: My daughter adopted or rescued a beautiful, beautiful Corgi about two years old old named Mustard, who is just the best dog you could ever mess He's a believable friendly dog. And yeah, downstairs in the morning he will howl with the light to greet you. He literally, that's believable. It's unbelievable. And then he herds people. They're a herding dog, and he doesn't want people to leave the room he wants he likes it when everyone is in the house in the same room.
Speaker 11: Oh so yeah, yeah, they're real people dogs Corgi. They're great dogs.
Speaker 2: Well and thanks to the situation, the Situate Animal Rescue, because they were sheltered, they were great.
Speaker 11: And oh they they they are by the book. I highly recommend such your animal shelter. I've been there for a year volunteering. I see how they work. They they're good people. It's run by really good people and I can't say that form most shell. By the way, Dan, I have to apologize about a month ago. This is before you went to your trip to Italy. There was one show you had I had to do with Biden or Biden's speech, and I can't remember what the question was, but it was something about taking the tone or what was it? What do you think the tone was? And it was a rough night for you. You're getting some callers of you're getting some callers that were driving you, you know, bonkers, And I remember you saying, oh, I need to go, I need to take a break and screen because I think I think I irritated you. But I have to apologize. I didn't mean to irritate you.
Speaker 3: I don't think you. I don't think you've ever irritated me. And guess what I'm like, I have a great ability to compartmentalize. You know, calls that bothered me that you could be one of five calls, and it could be three of the five calls were irritating. My problem is the callers we kind of have a conversation with and they just want to make a speech, and they kind sometimes you'll hear me, Soto Voce.
Speaker 2: Say, I don't think she can hear me. I mean that seriously. So therefore I don't want to just interrupt someone and I let them.
Speaker 11: Go, Okay, this is one particular night that it was. I guess you're getting some calls that that I guess we're not favorable in some way. But I got to be honest with you.
Speaker 3: I prefer callers many respects, Gale, who would disagree with me.
Speaker 2: They can be more challenging and more fun. What I don't like.
Speaker 3: Is the people who call up and somehow want to try to take over the show, because I can't allow that, Okay, right, people who are going to tell me how to run the show. And we've you know, we've we've basically decided that there's a few callers who we don't need on the show anymore. You know, there was one caller who we used to be very nice to and he tried to drop an.
Speaker 11: F bomb on us one night and oh boy, we.
Speaker 3: Have a ten second delayed didn't get through. But at that point, I'm saying to myself, this is a person who we can no longer trust.
Speaker 2: But you are always welcome at nightside, Gail. You know that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I gotta imagine having a bad call with you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I'm past my break. I gotta let you run. And by the way, even though the room trip was hot. We saw some amazing things. We went to the Colisee and went to the Vatican. We saw all the sites like that. We hit the ruins of Pompeii, which was an extraordinary, nice, extraordinary. It was hot, but we were prepared for it and it was just amazing.
Speaker 2: The Colisee.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so, no, we we we took our time. We had professional tour guides with Collette. They did a really good job, to be honest with you, so we we we had a great time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll talk soon. Okay, please call more off and I miss you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 11: It's bye bye.
Speaker 3: We'll come right back. Brenton, Maine is coming up. Hope to get to Brenton, Maine and Karen in Wisconsin. And if we want to try six one, seven nine, And we got one line at six, one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty, changing topics at ten o'clock, coming back on night Side.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way live from the window World. Nice, thanks to you. I'm the news radio.
Speaker 2: So often happens we get to the end of the hour.
Speaker 3: We have more callers than we admitted, So let's try to get everybody in if we can, and we'll try to be a sixcinc this possible.
Speaker 2: Starting with Brent in Maine. Brent, welcome back. How are you.
Speaker 8: I am doing great.
Speaker 5: And my saying is, happiness.
Speaker 8: Is a wet, sloppy kiss.
Speaker 9: I don't mind at all.
Speaker 8: Having dogs in a restaurant with me. In fact, I like the idea that I can go over and maybe pet a dog, and maybe I carry treats with me and give it a treat and so forth. I disagree with you, the other gentleman in the cartel.
Speaker 9: I like you looking at me.
Speaker 8: I think happiness is a wet, sloppy kiss. So I'm all in favor of having dogs. And I was on a patio in Maine and bar harber and with a friend of mine, and she said, well, I don't think the boy and help would like these dogs, you know, And I said I would mind if they were right in the middle of the restaurant. And she said to me, well, what if dog hair blows into your food? And I said to her, well, I don't see the difference between getting a dog here in your mouth because dog here blow into your food again, a dog here in your mouth because you have kiss the dog. She said, I don't hug dogs and I don't kiss dogs. But that's sing she's had a conversion experience and now she's become a dog lover.
Speaker 3: Well that's great. You convert him one at a time. Brent, thank you so much for your call. I really do appreciate it. Please call a little earlier in the show because I enjoy your calls and we'll have a better conversation.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to accommodate a couple of other callers. Thanks, buddy, great.
Speaker 8: I have a good day, Bubby, we do.
Speaker 3: Let me go to Karen in Wisconsin, the great state of Wisconsin. Hi, Karen, how are you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I got to hit the button. Yeah, we've got to hit the button, Karen. Sorry about that. That was my fault.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, Karen, Okay, you got me. Okay. I just want to say when my dog was dying and Rousey's square, I went to a sub shop and propped down three dollars and change and I'm talking currency for those who don't know what changes anymore, and got a whopping plateful of chicken, and I told him, why don't you open them, you know, open up for things like that. I think It's a wonderful idea. It could be done easily, you know, with patio like outside.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we're not talking. We're talking outside Donning. And here in Boston and and Wisconsin works from like maybe May to late October, and at that point, you know, everybody no.
Speaker 2: More outside Donning.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I yes, Karen, I'm putting you down.
Speaker 10: Put me down, Put me down.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Karen, talk to you soon, Okay again.
Speaker 3: All right, So we're gonna go Maine, Wisconsin. I was bringing home a little closer to home, Pennsylvania, Dave in Pennsylvania, Dave, you're gonna wrap it up for us, go right ahead.
Speaker 9: All right, thank you.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 9: I have a German I had a German shepherd lab back in October of twenty fifteen that saved my life from a fire by when I lit a candle, a six by six candle that had a crack in the middle, and I didn't thinking that it would ever burned down. After an hour of burning, I fell asleep and the candle broke apart, smoked the whole house out, and the dog came by me. Last I fell asleep on the couch, and.
Speaker 2: You know, life and woke me up and well, I'll tell you you owe that dog at least a dinner.
Speaker 9: Yes, that was a great dog, heyst. Unfortunately she passed away in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: None of them live as long as we want.
Speaker 3: It was great the advantages you can have a lot of different dogs during your life. Dave, thanks as always, thanks for listening, my friend.
Speaker 2: We will talk. Thank you, Dan, talk to you soon. Have a great night.
Speaker 3: Okay, here comes the ten o'clock news, thanks to all the callers. Last hour, Robert F. Kennedy Junior appears on the precipice of withdrawing from the presidential race and endorsing a one of the two major candidates. Take a guess which one. We'll explain it all on the other side of the ten