Speaker 1: Hey, it's Sandy. And before we get to today's show, just going to let you know that the JV and Sandy Hour is now from seven until eight o'clock Monday through Friday. That's seven until eight o'clock Monday through Friday. And don't forget you can use your smart speaker to listen. We've made it easier. All you have to do is say play one, three to one. Austin, I am doing the show today from Omaha, Nebraska, where I grew up, and my dad had a little incident and had to spend a couple of days in the hospital. So I came up here over the weekend and I'm here for a undetermined amount of time trying to help out a little bit. But we still had snacks yesterday and it was great. Yeah, we had say it was. It was great because it was a lot of the stuff that my mom made when and I helped make it when I was a kid and they would have parties. Yeah, it would make like it was these these meatballs and then you put them in like a fondue pot and then just put barbecue sauce on top of it and let them warm up. And they're so freaking good. I love them. And then old school little little smoky.
Speaker 2: Sausages, nice with barbecue sauce.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But then we got fancy with crab legs.
Speaker 2: Oh, y'all, try to level it up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and caso and all kinds of good.
Speaker 2: Snaps, legs and caso.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's a great combo. It reminded of me when I was a kid. My parents were really good entertainers, and they would have parties a lot, and they would just go to bed and just leave the downstairs. However it was when the last person left, Yeah, get up in the morning. I'd go down there. I didn't care that that food had been sitting out all night long. No, and I just would eat.
Speaker 2: It good and probably might even heat it up.
Speaker 3: No, not, no, my body still to this day, you'll eat anything like no matter how long it's been out. Nothing expires for you. You don't heat stuff up in order to like to kill bacteria on it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, no, why wait, I don't have time. I'm too busy that things up.
Speaker 2: Plenty of time. I think you think you're a little more important than you are. Sandy.
Speaker 1: In fact, as they started cleaning up after the game, last night, I said to my mom, can we just leave it out so I can come down in the morning. No, Uh, Trisha, what's first thing made you laugh? Give it to us.
Speaker 3: Believe in yourself, Like visitors who believe they can pet a bison at a national park.
Speaker 2: That's some confidence, that really is.
Speaker 1: Boy, we get those stories all the time. Somebody wanted to pet the bison and the bison didn't want to be pet It's crazy, crazy, isn't it. I mean you kind of brought this up last week when you were talking about you're in Ireland at some the clips of More or something more. Yeah, that they have that they don't only cover it with signs, you know, like we would hear, but that we have to put up signs that say, don't don't interact with the wildlife.
Speaker 3: Right, don't interact with the wildlife like we're so coddled here as Americans with coffee might be hot, don't use the hair dryer while you're taking a bath. Stupid obvious things like that. Then you go to Ireland and at the cliffs of More that are seven hundred feet above the ocean, straight drop seven hundred feet, not one safety rail, and they have a few signs posted like, yeah, I'll be careful, there's gusts to wind. People have been blown off and died. But I think that Ireland is more like, surely these people understand that they could fall off of this cliff. Apparently we don't have that same safety instinct here in the United States because we pretty much are wrapped in bubble wrap anywhere we go.
Speaker 1: Hey, coming up on the show today, we'll chat a little bit about last night's game. Trisia's Got the Story We Love? Coming up? What do you have?
Speaker 3: All Right, We're going to talk about the new birthday party spot for tweens that has replaced the Chuck E Cheese.
Speaker 1: Stay with us, it's coming up. This is the Sandy Show. Tristia's Got the Story We Love and just a moment, apparently the tide has changed on where teen girls want to celebrate their birthday party. She's got it for us in just a sec. Hey, don't forget Follow us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official Facebook is at the Sandy Show Radio The Stories We Love.
Speaker 3: So it's not necessarily for teen girls, because I don't know a lot of teenaged girls who are going to Chuck.
Speaker 2: E cheese for their birthday party. This is more for the littles.
Speaker 3: I think our daughter Landry, she had like her seventh or eighth birthday party there, and so.
Speaker 2: We're looking at about that age range. For a long time, it was chuck E Cheese.
Speaker 3: Remember the booth that you'd get inside and they'd put all the chuck e Cheese money in it and start the manid blow up and you had to catch That was one of the best videos we have of our daughter. But no longer is it chuck e Cheese. Move over, check e Cheese and make room for Sephora. Do you know what Sephora is an Yeah, that's the ic store, the makeup store, perfume, all things skincare and makeup.
Speaker 2: They're called Sephora Kids.
Speaker 3: It's girls wanting to have their parties as like many spa parties.
Speaker 2: So it's no longer.
Speaker 3: Pizza and video games, it's makeup and spas and lotion and stuff like that. And I think that's amazing what a found.
Speaker 1: Niche thing for Sephora to do, you know what I mean? Like, who would think that a makeup and perfume place would cater to tween girls to have a birthday party there. But it makes a lot of sense and they'll have customers for life.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and they have little Sephora gift bags to put together, and everyone's always trying to like, what's the next new fun thing. What can I do for my daughter's birthday party that all the other girls whose birthday parties she's been to haven't already done. You know, they're trying to be different and unique. But yeah, I think that this is pretty good, especially for those super girly girls out there. I don't know if our daughter Landry would have chosen Sephora over Chuck E Cheese No way, Yeah, no, no, she might now it might be thing now that she would love to do. I don't think that's hell. I might like to do that for my birthday party. I don't think that's an age restriction.
Speaker 1: Our daughter would pick a rage room over a Sephora where break things and swing a sledgehammer and that type of stuff. That's yeah kind of the girl she is than a girdly girl. Although, and we'll get into it a little bit later, she's she was a ted gurdly girlish this weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was one of the fun things, though, you know, I know people are very controversial with this birthday party trend. Is like a party gift to thank you for coming to our party, a goodie bag for when the girls leave or the kids leave. What they're doing for these Saphora parties is they're giving each of the kids a twenty dollars gift card to Sephora and then they get to go around and buy whatever they want to buy. So it sounds fun.
Speaker 1: I like it. That's good for business, for sure.
Speaker 3: I would if I would have check E Cheese, I would have never had to keep my eye on Sophora as a competitor.
Speaker 2: I ever thought of that.
Speaker 1: You're right, that's the story we love. She s Trisha, my name is Sandy. Stick around more coming up. Hope you enjoyed the game last night, not much of a game as Philadelphia blew out in Kansas City in the Super Bowl yesterday. And I didn't see the halftime show. And for those of you wondering, wait a minute, Tricia saw it. But you did it. You guys are married, you live together. I'm not at home right now. I'm in Omaha, Nebraska. My dad had a health epico incident that he had to spend a couple days in the hospital, so I came up here to help out. So I was up here for the Super Bowl. Tricia was at home. I did not see a halftime show. And when you ask an eighty four year old and eighty two year old what they think of Kendrick Lamar, not really a fair judgment.
Speaker 2: Not their fan base, but they're not his fan base exactly.
Speaker 1: So what did you think?
Speaker 2: So I watched it.
Speaker 3: I mean, people feel very strongly one way that another about all of the halftime shows.
Speaker 2: Here's what I'm going to say.
Speaker 3: First of all, I could not understand any of the words, and I was like, is it just because I'm getting older?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: So I said it out loud and even our fifteen year old was like, yeah, I can't understand it.
Speaker 2: It's just was so fast, right. But here's but it was fine. That was fine. But here's what struck me the most.
Speaker 3: You feel, like Super Bowl shows, they're trying to come up with the next biggest, bed at, baddest, craziest thing effects, people flying around in the air, you know what I mean, something crazy.
Speaker 2: There was none of that. He literally sang and wrapped the entire time and He had dancers that stayed in the same costumes, there were no costume changes, and they danced the entire time. He had a couple of people come out to it was and I'm not criticizing that or saying it's wrong, but it's not what you normally see it as Super Bowl halftime performance, right.
Speaker 3: It's like he kept it. He kept it simple, like true to the music. He was not the music wasn't being distracted from by things flying around and things exploding and costume changes.
Speaker 2: Very basic.
Speaker 1: I did a quick AI search on Meta to get a consensus of what people were saying on Facebook about it, and it basically said, in general, people are panning the performance of Kendrick Lamar at the super Bowl. Some'm saying it might go down as the worst performance ever. That's what Facebook AI was saying, based on all the comments that it had scanned, but mostly that it was not good.
Speaker 3: I heard and one of the people I followed they said that halftime show was art thought it was one of the best things they've ever seen. Yeah, I mean it's not for everybody, right, right, Like if I'm paying for a regular ticket and go into his concert, that's what I'm expecting to see. I'm paying for a super Bowl ticket and it's the halftime show, and it's hyped as much as it is. I'm expecting something amazing, and yeah, wasn't amazing to me, which of course.
Speaker 1: Reminds me of the Super Bowl that I went to and got the black eyed peas. The black eyed peas is what I got.
Speaker 3: Of all the performers, you got the black eyes.
Speaker 1: I peace, Thank you very much, Fergie and will I am really really appreciate.
Speaker 2: That, and really Sandy two.
Speaker 3: Regarding the commercials, I didn't think any of them were that great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the super Bowl, the great super Bowl commercial era is over. It's over done, It's had its time. It's just it's just not there anymore. I mean, no one cares anymore. Although I did like the what's his name? The old guy that was Han Solo Harrison for Harrison Ford. The Jeep commercial I liked. I thought that was very good. I thought the Anheuser Busch Clydesdale commercial was really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So and then there's a soda that I want to try, Poppy. Did you see the commercial for Poppy soda?
Speaker 2: I saw the Poppy commercial.
Speaker 1: I want to try it. I really do. I want to try the poppy soda. It looks really really good. So anyway, that's our thoughts on the halftime show and the commercials. Stick around. We've got more coming up. All you air gongers, you can take the day off. Okay, I'm doing the show remotely today from Omaha, Nebraska, and as part of my remote studio, I do not have the Caro Don't Care song, the jingle, Ah, what.
Speaker 2: Can we even still do Caro don't Care?
Speaker 1: We can we can do it without it. We can get through it. But hopefully by tomorrow I will have the Caro Don't Care song as I am remote right now?
Speaker 2: What yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean we maybe could still just on the count of three, everybody do their air gong.
Speaker 1: Well that's dumb.
Speaker 2: I don't think it is dumb.
Speaker 3: I don't know how we do Care don't Care without the airG air gong. But you decide it's the Sandy Show.
Speaker 1: Well I'll tell you. It's your idea. You set it up and tell everybody how to do this, and we could do the air gong without the song, but it's up to you to make it work.
Speaker 2: So okay, it's not difficult.
Speaker 3: Everybody raise your hand, your arra gong, hand in the air and when I count to three, hit your air gong one, two, three.
Speaker 2: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 1: Ok what do you have? Let's go, Let's go to the.
Speaker 3: Business you care or don't care to find out what France wants people to start doing in order to help save the environment. Actually, it's more about what they want people to stop doing it. To be honest with you, it's a little gross.
Speaker 1: Stop smoking, drinking, and eating cheese.
Speaker 2: No, nobody's ever gonna stop eating cheese.
Speaker 1: True. What do they want them to do?
Speaker 3: They said that people should wear their shirts no less than five times before they wash them, because doing laundry isn't good for the environment.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well, you know that's probably makes a lot of sense for the fringe. Most of them stink anyway, they wear a dirty shirt to go along with it. Who cares? I can?
Speaker 3: I mean five times, you're gonna have some smell after five times?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? Doing that? Does it make one bit of impact on the environment? And nothing not until the rest of the world gets on board, while the environment get changed, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 3: You want to go over and find out what some people over there in Georgia are doing trying to break a world record, Sandy, do you care to find out.
Speaker 1: Georgian's going after a world record? I'll care.
Speaker 3: I'll care that a city in Georgia is hoping to gather at least five thousand, one hundred and ninety one kazoo players to attend its annual festival and break a Guinness World record.
Speaker 1: I can never hear a kazoo's story without thinking about Landry when she was little, little and my sister teaching her how to play the kazoo with her nose.
Speaker 3: With her nose, Yeah, she did it, and I videoed it. She literally has her finger covering one nostril and she's blowing the kazoo with their other nostril. And I posted it and I was like, she really is smart, you guys, I know you can't tell from this video?
Speaker 2: Pretty smart?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: All right, Sandy, let's go over to the zoo now, do you care?
Speaker 3: Don't care to find it what the Memphis Zoo is doing as a Valentine's Day fundraiser.
Speaker 1: I always love these because they're always kind of funny and they're kind of spiteful as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I know really about like cockroaches or something. This year, for ten dollars, they'll name an elephant poop after your ex. Big pile of elephant poop will get named after your ex.
Speaker 1: It's so immature.
Speaker 2: It's funny, right, But can you know how big it is?
Speaker 3: Or I feel like they just take a sign, a flag, put your ex's name on it, and just stick it in the middle of the poop.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's gotta sting if you see that.
Speaker 1: It's a great way for them to beret's money for the zoo, that's for sure. That is care. Don't care. What's your name, Tricia, My name is Sandy. Stick around more coming up, Tricia. I could have died.
Speaker 2: I could have died. You would died have died.
Speaker 1: I could have died. I did something so dumb the other night. Let me tell you what's going on. First of all, you need to know this. I'm in Omaha, Nebraska, where I grew up, helping with some stuff with my family. My dad had to spend a couple of days in the hospital, so I came up here to kind of help out and stuff. So I'm at the house that I grew up in and in my childhood bedroom, and so you need to know this, Like, it's winter, right, and it's cold here. And when I was a kid, my bedroom, which is above the garage, was always always the coldest room in the house. It's just cold. And so I'm here and I'm getting ready to go to bed, and I walk into my room and I'm like, oh, I don't remember it being quite this cold in this room. You know, I don't really remember. But whatever it is, what it is, you know, that's fine. So I got in bed and got underneath the covers and I slept really, really well. And then the next end of the morning, I got up. I guess it's Sunday, yesterday morning, and I'm kind of flipping through my phone, just looking at some news and some emails and stuff, and I noticed the curtains in my bedroom were blowing in. I'm like, oh, my gosh. I slept with the window open all night long and the overnight low was nineteen degrees And I'm like, I could have died.
Speaker 2: I could have got hype I'd have died.
Speaker 1: I could have got hypothermia and died.
Speaker 3: Could it have You were in the house and you were undercovers in a bed you weren't going to die and ps, that sounds like perfect sleeping weather to me.
Speaker 1: It was it, Actually, it really was good. But so apparently my parents' housekeepers had been here the day before and they were airing the house out because they had kind of a semi warm day, you know, not worn by winter standards, since they just opened the house. I'll get some fresh air moving and didn't close the window. So yeah, it was cold getting out of that bed. Let me tell you, that's the worst part is getting out of the bed.
Speaker 2: That's the worst part.
Speaker 3: Like you have to get up in the midle of the night to go to at thro a moment, it's time to get up early in the morning.
Speaker 2: But man, when you're.
Speaker 3: In the biscuit and you got all the covers on, you all covered up in cozy and warm.
Speaker 2: Also, a fan has to be blowing on you.
Speaker 1: I didn't have that. I had a natural fan. It was the wind and then from the outside on a February winter's night. Lucky I didn't die.
Speaker 2: Trish, just fine. Such a fragile flower all of a sudden, what's happening to you?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not a fragile flower. I'm seeing the potential forgetting hypothermia was high.
Speaker 2: It was zero. What zero? You are ridiculous.
Speaker 1: But I'm halfway thinking about opening up the window and doing it again. I will add another layer, because all I had was a comforter in a sheet. That's all I You know, it.
Speaker 2: Could make it.
Speaker 3: You know can make it even better is if you had like a heated blanket. Oh, Sandy, that would be good.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's one of those laying around here somewhere.
Speaker 3: I'm so mad that it's so warm where we are. Stupid's February.
Speaker 1: It's cold here and we're supposed to get snow on windday after tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You're just rubbing it in. Now, you're just rubbing it in.
Speaker 1: I'm lucky to be alive. Friends. Thanks for being with us. Grab the podcast version of the show. Search The Sandy Show wherever it is you get your podcasts day with us. We've got more coming up. Thanks for listening. We'll see you on the radio every morning from six until ten on Austin's eighties station one O three point one and streaming on the iHeartRadio app.