Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Hello, when welcome to boost your brain power. I'm your host, doctor Eric Kaplan. We see a lot of patience with thyroid problem. The thyroid is an organ in your neck that controls your hormones, and actually it's so important. It can even lead to cancer. Many people with breast cancer, ovarian cancer, testicular cancer, stuff related to hormones can be affected by the thyroid. So if your thyroid's off, that can actually cause growths or cysts in your organs. Pretty scary. So when we look at the thyroid, we don't only want to fix the thyroid for your hormones, but we also want to fix the thyroid to prevent cancer, to prevent heart disease, depression, anxiety, headache, dizzeyess, digestive problems, skin problems, hair problems. All of these can be affected by the thyroid. So we got to analyze the thyroid. The problem is most doctors don't analyze the thyroid when they do blood work. They'll check your cholesterol and your glucose, but they rarely check the thyroid, and even if they do check the thyroid, they'll usually only check what's called your TSH. TSH is thyroid stimulating hormone. If your thyroid is underactive, the thyroid numbers for your TSH are gonna be high. I'll say that again. If your thyroid is underactive, when you do blood work, your TSH, which is thyroid stimulating hormone, is going to be too high. So it's the opposite and the reason that is if your thyroid's too low, now the brain says, ooh, I need more thyroid, so it increases SH thyroid stimulating hormone. So if it's thyroid's low, you're gonna have a high TSH. If the thyroid is high, it's overactive, you're gonna have a low TSH. Right, because if the thyroid's overactive, then the brain says stop stimulating thyroid hormones and it goes down, so your TSH will decrease. Now, if they do check your blood work and the TSH is high, they're gonna give you medication for hypo thyroidism. And if the medication, I'm sorry. If the thyroid TSH numbers are low, they're gonna give you medication for hyper thyroid. That's all they care about. Is the thyroid underactive or is the thyroid overactive. Now, most people, it's very common to have an underactive thyroid. So the majority of thyroid patients we see are underactive. And when they're underactive, right, the doctor is gonna give medication to increase the thyroid. Right. So if it's underactive, right, your TSH is gonna be high, and then they're gonna give you medication to increase input into the thigh whord, thereby bringing down the TSH numbers. Now, what happens is sometimes the medication overworks, and that is going to cause your hypothyroid condition turn into a hyper thyroid condition, and that is harder to fix. It's easy to fix a natural low thyroid. It's harder to fix a thyroid problem induced by medication, and that goes for most medications. Parkinson's disease is much easier to fix than a tardive dyskinesia, which is a movement disorder caused by Parkinson's medication. So Parkinson's medication, which is supposed to stop your tremor, actually as a side effect called a tardive dyskinesia, which creates more trummers than other body parts, which might be your head, or your neck, or your lips, which could be worse than the trumor in your hand. Sometimes the cure is worse than the condition. In my opinion, Instead of treating the condition with pills, medications, supplements, herbs ivs, I think it's better to get to the root cause of the problem. With Parkinson's, the root cause is a part of your brain called the basil ganglia, So we want to focus all our attention into stimulating the basil ganglia. With a thyroid problem, we gotta dig a little bit deeper. It's not so easy as Oh, if the thch is low, it's hyper. If the thch just high, it's a hype. Both thyroid, we gotta dig a little bit deeper. And the way to dig deeper is to do a full thyroid panel in your blood work, which most importantly it includes antibodies. I've been in practice for over twenty years. The majority of thyroid problems are actually not from the thyroid. They're actually autoimmune diseases. Now, the way we can figure that is by doing the full panel, and if the antibodies are too high, then it's an autoimmune disease. Now, if the antibodies are too high and your TSH is low and your T three four and T four are high, that means we have a Graves thyroiditis. So Graves is an autoimmune disease of a hyper thyroid. Now, if the TSH is high, T three and T four are low, antibodies are high, then most likely we have a Hashimoto's thyroid diatis. Both Graves disease and Hashimotoves disease are autoimmune thyroid diseases. Graves is just a hyper thyroid and Hashimotos is a hypothyroid. But the deal is, if you have autoimmune disease, you should not be treating the thyroid. That's very important because ninety percent of the cases I've seen are autoimmune disease. Most thyroid conditions actually aren't a thyroid condition, but they're an issue in your immune system because your autoimmune disease is overpowering the thyroid, So your own immune system is attacking the thyroid. It's pretty scary. But guess what if your autoimmune disease attacking the thyroid, it's also going to attack your gut. That's why a lot of people with thyroid problems have digestive problems. It's gonna attack your hair and your skin. That's why a lot of people thyroid problems have hair or skin problems. It's gonna attack your brain. That's why a lot of people with autoimmune disease have brain fog or anxiety or depression. So when they say you have hashimotos, they're just labeling your autoimmune disease to the thyroid. But there's no way your immune system just attacks the thyroid and that's the only organ it's gonna attack. When you have autoimmune disease, it affects your whole body. Siliac disease is an autoimmune it does not just attack your gut. That's why people with siliac or gluten sensitivities will have fatigue, they'll have skin problems, love sleeping problems. They'll have digestive problems, they'll have respiratory problems, love brain fog, they'll have troubles with anxiety, depression. It's not just digestive problems. Okay, So that's a big thing to remember is that when you have autoimmune disease, it's not gonna be localized to just one area, right, So if you've been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, that's an autoimmune disease. It's not just gonna be in your joints. It's gonna be everywhere. But how do you know if you have autoimmune disease? You have to do blood work. So for the thyroid, you gotta check your antibodies. UH, for rheumatoid arthritis, you gotta check your ra factor. For lupus, you gotta check your ANA. You know, each autoimmune disease, whether it's chogrins, MS, fibromyalgia, IBS, sooriatic arthritis, hashimotos, gravees, siliac multiple sclerosis X AMOUNT, these are all autoimmune conditions. So we have to do testing to figure out is the body attacking itself, So we could check antibodies. You don also analyze the brain. Most people with auto imune problems have an autonomic nervous system dysfunction, meaning the brain is in stress mode. It's overactive, it's overfiring. So when the brain starts overfiring, guess what, then your immune system starts overfiring. Now, sometimes the thyroid problem cannot be from a thyroid problem, which is a primary issue and it's not a secondary issue from the autoimmune disease such as graves or hashimotos, but sometimes it's coming from the petuitary. And when we analyze blood work, we can see is it hypo, is it hyper is it graves, is it hatos, is it autoimmune? Is it from the petuitary, is it primary? Is it secondary? But we gotta do a full panel because when you analyze the thyroid, based on which type of thyroid you have, it's going to treat a different condition. So when we are taking care of pituitary issues with the thyroid, that's a completely different type of treatment than if we're treating grapes and that's a completely different type of treatment. If we're treating hashimotives, and that's a different type of treatment. If we're treating a primary or a secondary, So each one is different. For some we might need to do brain exercises, Others we might need to do herbal remedies. Others we might need to do nutritional changes. Others we might need to do some eye exercises, or some laser therapy or some oxygen therapy. So there's all different types of therapy based on the type of thyroid. Condition you have, but you must do a full panel with a functional neurologist and a functional medicine practitioner to determine which type of thyroid problem you have, because a typical medical doctor or endocrinologist is only going to look at the TSAs to see if it's high or it's low, and then give you medication to cover up the root cause. I am a different type of doctor. I'm a brain expert. I'm a functional neurologist. I'm a functional medicine practitioner who gets to the root cause of your autoimmune and your thyroid condition. If you get to the root cause, then you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's park stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migrains four, posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact the doctor Kamplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now. I am a brain expert. I've seen over one hundred thousand patients. I've been doing this for over twenty years. I've read all the research. I have a bachelor's I have a doctor, I have a diplomat. I have three fellowships in neurology. A fellowships is the highest level of education you can get. Okay, So if you want to get to the root cause of your brain issue, we need to analyze your whole nervous system. One common condition I see as a brain expert is called multiple sclerosis or MS. Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease of the brain. And what we'll see in like an MRI are these white lesions in the brain, different patches, and these white lesions are like sclerosing of the brain. They're becoming hard and that's not good. That interrupts the signals, all right, So that's autoimmune disease of the brain is called multiple sclerosis or MS. It's very common on people who move to this New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania area from southern latitude, meaning they come from Puerto Rico or the Dominican Republic or Cuba, or they come from Mexico or South America. They come from Africa or India, some place closer to the equator. So let's for example, you're from the Caribbean, Dominican or Puerto Rican and you move up to New York, which a lot of people do from the Caribbean. Now, their genes require more sunlight because they're closer to the equator, so their brains and bodies are used to getting more sun, powerful son stronger ways for longer hours, so their vitamin D levels are going to be high. Now when someone from Africa or India or Brazil or the Caribbean or Mexico, comes up to New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut Tri state area, which is a northern latitude. Now the sun is weaker up north. Now the rays are not as strong. Now they're weighing longer sleeves and less skin exposure. Now it's bad that their dark skin is preventing the sun from absorbing. That's what melanie is that protects you from over activation of the sun. However, if we're at a northern latitude like in Europe or in the Northeast, now we're getting less Sunlighteople who are used to getting more sunlight when they move up north, it's even more devastating to their brain. So the neuroscience has actually shown that there's a higher incidence of multiple sclerosis or MS in people who move from a southern latitude to a northern latitude. So if you're from Dominican, if you're from Puerto Rico or Cuba or Africa, if you're from India, if you're from South America, if you're from Mexico, Central America, you need more vitamin D. You need to supplement with vitamin D, but don't supplement with just vitamin D from Whole Foods or Trader Joe's or Vitamin Shopper GNC or CBS or Shopwright or Wegman's. Don't ever get vitamin D from a store. When they're mass produced. They're full of contaminants, impurities, they're full of fillers. They're not formulated properly to get absorbed by the human body. Most people take vitamins and they don't even absorb them. They just pee it out, either because their gut's not working well or the actual pill isn't easy to break down. So the vitamin D that I suggest is called Ultra D five thousand from Apex Energetics, which is a liquid which needs to be in fat. Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin. There's four fat siuble vitamins A, D, E, and K, and they all need to be taken together. So if you just take D by itself, it won't get absorbed. But if you take A, D, E, K together, there's a much better chance of absorption. If you don't take it with fat, because these are all fat siluble vitamins, they will not get absorbed. So not only do you have to have E, D, K and A all together, but they also need to be in fat and for the D to get absorbed, it also needs calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and he's biotin and all this other stuff to help with absorption. That's why I like the apex energetics because they formulated it for the purpose of the D getting absorbed. So if you're coming from the South and you live up here up north, you must supplement. And even if you don't come from the South, most people need to supplement because they're not getting the sublime because they're not outside. It's cold there. When they are outside, they're wearing gloves and hat and glasses and long coats and long pants, so they don't get absorbed. So even though I'm from New Jersey and my ancestors from Poland and Russia where there's not a lot of bright sun strong vitamin D levels, I still take it too because my vitamin D levels, if I'm not supplementing, are below thirty rather than be closer to sixty. I want to double what the normal lab will tell you for vitamin D levels. You don't want to be normal because normal means you're comparing yourself to a typical American who's obese, they're fat, they got heart disease, they got cancer, they got Alzheimer's and Parkinson's, and they had the flu. And you know, most people getting blood work are sick. The healthiest people they don't get blood work, they don't go to the doctors, they don't do all these tests. So when you get all these lab values, they're comparing you to all the sick people. Stop comparing yourself to sick people. If you want to be sick, then you compare yourself to sick people. You want to be healthy, compare yourself to healthy people. Sick people have low vitamin D usually ten twenty thirty. Healthy people have very high vitamin D fifty sixty seventy. So that is definitely important to consider that. You don't want to be normal based on your lab values, but you want to be healthy because normal is not healthy. You don't want to be like everybody else who's sick and stupid, unsuccessful, unhappy, poor, bad relationships, bad immune system. Don't be like the ninety nine percent. Be the one percent who has high vitamin D levels, because if you have high vitamin D levels, you're less likely to develop MS multiple sclerosis, Now, since MS is an autoimmune disease, there are six foods that are super important to avoid to prevent MS, and if you have it, you can reverse it. So the six foods. Number one are gluten, which are in all the grains, you know, all the wheat, the ride, the barley or the bread, the pasta, the crackers, the cereals. Stay away from all that. Number two is dairy. Everything that's dairy. I don't care if it's butter, yogurt, butter and yogurt or not healthy. Stay away from sour cream, cream, cheese, creamy sauces, caesar dressing, ranch dressing. Stay away from milk and cheese and ice cream, cottage, cheese. Anything that's related to a dairy product creates more autoimmune dysfunction. Number three is corn. Corn on the cob, kernels of corn, corn, chips, tortillas, crackers, corns, everywhere. That includes corn oil, high fructose corn syrup. So there's corn and things we don't even realize but that aggravates autoimmune disease. Number four is soy tofu out of mammae, all these fake vegetarians foods. It's veggie burgers and veggie patties. They're full of soy products. Stay away from soy, adamme tofu all these imitation meats. Stay away from soybean oil, soy sauce. It's everywhere, it's in the dressings. Number five coffee, Stay away, calf decaf, Starbucks, dunkin Donuts if you do it at home, folders, I don't care. Stay away from coffee. That's number five, and number six is alcohol, beer, wine, liquor, Stay away from it. All. Those are the six autoimmune foods that you must avoid to prevent or reverse multiple sclerosis. Number one gluten, number two, dairy, number three, corn, number four, soy, number five, coffee at number six, alcohol. These foods must be avoided. And if you do have MS, you need a lot of fat, so tons of fat. Eat a lot of olives, Eat a lot of avocado, a lot of walnuts, brazil nuts, cheese, seeds, have fish, small fish, salmon, mackerel, herring, sardines, You can have eggs, you can have coconut oil. Those are all healthy fats, so stay away from those six autoimmune foods. Increase the fats, get exercise, reduce your stress, get your vitamin D, get your sunlight, and then you can reverse or prevent autoimmune conditions of the brain such as MS. Therefore, you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. More when we come back from.
Speaker 3: The don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now. We have a lot of patients that come to us with digestive problems. One of the most common digestive problems we hear about. It's called IBS. Irrital about syndrome and not a lot of times. You can get constipation, you can get diarrhea, you can get bloating and nausea and guess, so a lot of different type of symptoms there, and it's usually it's an autoimmune disease where the body's attacking itself. Same thing like siliac. That's a gluten sensitivity where if you eat bread or wheat, the body's going to start attacking your stomach. Now IBS, it might attack your intestines, it might have your large intestines, your small intestines. Sometimes we get what's called SEBO small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. I see that a lot because what happens is you have this well, what's called your ilioseecal valve. That's a door that basically opens up to let the food go from your small intestines to your large intestines. However, when you have intestinal dysfunction, that illeo secal valve doesn't open up properly and some of the fecal matter or your poop gets stuck in the small intestines. So there's an overgrowth. And when you have this overgrowth of fecal matter, now bacteria, viruses, parasites, yeast, they all can feed on the food. If you have good bowel movements and you get rid of all your food every morning with a good bowel movement, then there's no food for this bacteria to eat, and your infections die off and your inflammation goes down. So you need to get rid of the food. How do you get rid of that food if the illeoscal valve isn't opening well, I do what's called a visceral manipulation. There's very few doctors that do this, but I actually take my hands and I'm actually able to push some of the fecal matter through the intestinal pathway as the valve opens up, as we're stimulating the autonomic nervous system. Then we can get rid of old food. There are many patients that have literally twenty pounds of fecal matter stuck inside them. So one way to lose weight is to get rid of the excess of fecal matter that's stuck in your intestines because they're not performing properly. Now, why wouldn't your intestines why wouldn't they perform properly. Why wouldn't your stomach release the acid and the bile that it's supposed to. Why wouldn't the valve open up to let the food through. Why wouldn't your intestines get this peristalsis contractions to squeeze everything along the pathway. If there's a breakdown, whether it's not enough acid, not enough bio, not enough enzymes, not enough bacteria, the valves don't open, intestines don't push, not enough lubrication, fecal mare, getting stuck on the walls. Whatever the problem is, it's going to be aggravated. If your autonomic nervous system isn't working properly. The most important nerve in the entire body is called your vagus nerve. That's the rest and digest nerve. So if your vegus nerve is not working properly, you can get your sleep and energy affected, but also your digestion and your gut function. If you've ever taken antibiotics, that's going to ruin your gut microbiome. Even if you take antibiotics for and ear infection as a kid, that's gonna affect your gut microbiome. As an adult. So stop taking all these antibiotics for everything. I mean, people will give you antibiotics if you got a cough, if you got a stomach ache, if you got a yeast infection, a bladder infection, an ear infection, gut infection, a lung infection, so any infection, they're gonna give you antibiotics, not understanding that it's ruining your gut microbiome. All these antibacterial lotions, the antibacterial sprays, the antibacterial soaps, it's all killing off good bacteria. If you use listenine mouthwash with alcohol, you're killing off the good bacteria. Don't use perel pirel on your hands, just use soap and water. We need bacteria. That's why I let my kids play in the dirt. I want them to be exposed to bacteria. Your body is more bacteria than cells, but we got to make sure it's good bacteria. And if you've ever taken antibiotics, or you do a lot of purele or antibiotic soaps or antibacterial sprays and jampoos and lotions and all this stuff, you need to replenish your gut microbiome with probiotics. Stop taking the antibiotics. Start taking probiotics. Antibiotics kill off all the good bacteria. Probiotics give you good bacteria. So I'm not a fan of taking all these medicines. You need bacteria. You need cholesterol. Stop taking all these statin drugs. Cholesterol drugs cause dementia. Cholesterol drugs cause joint pain. Your cholesterol is necessary for hormones, for your cell membranes. It's the building blocks of our cells. Comes from cholesterol. There's a reason we have cholesterol. We need it. Don't believe the lie that, oh, cholesterol causes stroking heart attack. It's not the nineteen fifties anymore. Stop believing the sugar industry which made cholesterol and fat evil. But guess what you need cholesterol, You need fat. All your neurons are covered in fat. Your brain is fat. Now we want healthy fat. You don't want the fat of steak, the pork fat, the chicken fat. We want fat from almonds, fat from walnuts, fat from eggs, fat from fish, fat from olives, fat from avocado, fat from gia seeds, fat from coconut oil. NCT medium chain triglycerides are good healthy fat. And the fat we said helps your other vitamins such as A, D, E, and K get absorbed. Those are fat soluble vitamins. If you don't have fat, you're not gonna absorb those vitamins. If you don't have fat, your brain's not gonna function at a high level. And fat doesn't make you fat. Sugar makes you fat. Carbs make you fat. Bread makes you fat, rice, potato, crackers, oatmeal, dairy products, cheese, ice cream, pizza, fried foods, seed, oils, stress, plastic water, bottles, not getting enough sleep. All this stuff makes you fat. But fat does not make you fat. So if you want your stomach to function highest levels, you gotta get your vagus nerve working better. So your peristalsis contractions, your stomach acid, your enzymes, your bacteria, everything works how it's supposed to. An easy way to simulate the vegus nerve is through garbling. You want to gargle really intensely. The louder the gargle, the better. Also, a swallowing exercise. Just get a bunch of salive on your tongue and do a big swallow so loud that they can hear you next door. That's gonna activate your vagus nerve, which helps with your digestion. Gargling thirty seconds three times a day. Swallow just once and if you don't have an eating disorder, gag reflex, take your toothbrush, your tongue depress or go to back your palate and elicit a little gag, not to the point where you throw up, but just a little gig and that will help activate your vagus nerve, which will help with your intestinal problems. Remember, IBS is an autoimmune disease, So stay away from the dairy, the gluten, corn, soy, alcohol, coffee. It's the worst thing for your digestion. It's alcohol, corn, sugar, dairy, bread products. Stay away from all that stuff. Stay away from all the white foods, the sugar, the dairy, the flour, and eat all the colorful food. That way your stomach and intestines and your gastro intestinal system get all the nutrients they need. So every day make sure you eat something that's red, orange, yellow, blue, purple, green. Get all all the colors of the rainbow to get all your nutrients. And avoid all those autoimmune foods, all those white foods to avoid the inflammation. Natural ways to reduce inflammation without steroids is tumeric, so you can get that at you know, like an Indian spice store. Risveritrol that's from Japanese nottweed and the skin of red grapes. That's a good anti inflammatory. Fish oils omega threes. They're also good to reduce inflammation, so they're great natural ways to reduce inflammation. Besides avoiding the foods and the chemicals and the preservers and the food dies and artificial flavors and sweeteners that all cause gastro intestinal inflammation. Stay away from those seed oils, soybean oil, vegetable oil, saplour oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, soybean oil. Stay away from the oils. The only safe oils to eat are olive oil, avocado oil, and coconut oil. That's it. Everything else you want to stay away from. If you want to get better digestion, don't drink water with your food. Drink water before you eat a half hour before each meal. So you want a glass of water with lemon and salt, Celtic salt, just to pinch. You do it a half hour before launch, half hour before breakfast, and a half hour before dinner. That helps to lubricate the intestinal pathways and the last most important thing for good digestion is intermittent fasting where you only eat from ten am to six pm. You got to stop eating past six pm. We don't need food at night when we're trying to relax and chill and get good sleep and digression. So you want four hours before your last meal till bedtime. So idealistically you're done eating by six pm. So therefore you can go to bed by ten pm with all your food fully digested to reduce inflammation, so you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases. That this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines. Four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplin is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact the doctor Kaplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now. A lot of people come to me with pain, could be neck pain, back pain, shoulder pain, joint pain, their hands, their knees, their ankles. So there's a lot of pain. Now. What I don't do is write you a prescription for a painkiller. I'm not gonna give you a vic it in or perkistet or some opioid that's gonna create some brain addiction and horrible side effects. Not gonna give you a muscle relaxer. I'm not gonna give you an anti inflammatory, a steroid. An end said. Most doctors, when you're in pain, are gonna do something to try and hide the pain. Give you some injection, you know, do an epidural or cortisone shot. Right, That's not what we do at Caplin Brain and Body. What we do is get to the root cause of the pain. You don't just want to hide the symptoms, but say why am I in pain? Maybe it's my posture. Maybe you have to improve my posture. Maybe it's your in a line, the way your bones are set up. Maybe you need some manipulation of bones to get them in the right alignment. Maybe it's your muscle spasm. Maybe you need active release technique to decrease the spasm of the muscle. Maybe your nerves getting interfered with. Maybe you need to open up the nerve space and decompress. Maybe your disks in your spine are squished, or you have bulgs or herniation. Then you might need decompressive therapy or traction to open up those joints. Maybe you have a lot of inflammation. Maybe you need to change your diet. Maybe it's the side effect of a medication such as a statin or cholesterol meds. Maybe you have autoimmune disease, rheumatoid arthritis. There could be a lot of reasons that you have pain. So I don't believe in just taking a pill or a supplement or an injection, or do some surgery to cover up the symptoms. You don't want to hide the symptoms. You want to figure out why you have them to begin with most people, it's a combination where they might need some brain therapy because they're in stress mode, and then they have to work on their positure because they sit too much. And then they need some manipulation because their bones are out of position based on their sleep position. Then they might need some massage or some active release technique, or some physical therapy, or some strengthening or some stretching for those tight muscles that are stiff or rigid. Sometimes they'll need some traction for the discs. Sometimes they'll need decompression for the nerves. Sometimes we'll need to take anti inflammatory stuff. Maybe you need to avoid inflammatory foods. Maybe you need to get more hydration. Maybe you need more fat in your diet, Maybe you need more oils. Maybe you need to increase your omega three to omega six ratio. There's so many things that can cause your joint pain. So let's get to the root cause of it's autoimmune disease. Fix the autoimmune disease. If it's the structural, fix the structural. If it's a combination, you gotta do all of it. I mean, not a patient today, then all of these things where I needed to fix their brain which is in stress mode. Then I need to improve their posture because they have a computer desk job. Then I need to work on their line, and I need to do manipulation of the bones. Then I need to do physical therapy. I had some strengthing, some strengthening active release technique. Then I had to decompress the disk and the nerves and do some traction and open up those joint spaces. Then I also had to work on their circulation and get blood flow and oxygen. Then I had to give them the proper nutritional program to reduce inflammation and increase nutritional absorption. And I need to improve their sleep position. So I set them up with a knee pillow to put between their legs so that their hips and pals aren't rotated all night. So it's work. Don't come to me if you just want a pill to hide the symptoms. But if you actually want to get to the root caused, then cap and brain and body is the place for you. If you don't want to hide your.
Speaker 4: Symptoms, then this is the place for you. You know, I got injured a couple of weeks ago playing basketball, and then I come home limping and my wife's like, oh, why don't you take a tile and all? And I said no, and she goes, why do you want to be in pain? I said, The pain is protecting me. That pain is preventing me from banging over to tie my shoes. That pain is preventing me from living lifting heavy things. That pain is preventing me from sitting for too long. So the pain is protecting you.
Speaker 2: It's telling you stop aggravating my disk, my nerve, my joint, my muscle, my bones. Your body is the smartest doctor you have. Stop trying to hide symptoms with pills. If you have pain, there's a reason for that, and we could figure out the reason with a thorough neurological and physical evaluation. Stick around for the end and I'll tell you how to get that. But you have to get to the root cause and that hide symptoms right. If you have a fever, your body is heating up to kill off the virus or the bacteria. Don't take a medication to bring down your fever. When you have a headache, that's your brain telling you, Hey, I'm not getting good blood flow to my head. Fix me. If I just take a medication to hide the headache, then you never get to the root cause. If you get dizziness, don't just take mechlasine to hide the symptoms. You want to say, why am I getting dizziness? Do I have pots positional orthostatic tech of cardio syndrome where my blood vessels aren't opening up properly to squeeze the oxygen into the brain. If you're getting dizzyness, you're not getting enough blood oxygen to your brain so that you feel off. So we got to get to the root cause. We might have to do this little table tilt treatment to pump the oxygen into the brain so you don't get headaches or dizzyness anymore. But we don't want to cover it up with medication. Then you never get to the root cause of the problem. Listen to your body. It's letting you know when something's wrong. Now. Sometimes, yeah, you might not be a good communicator and you might not pay attention to the symptoms of your body. So what you want to do is a thorough physical and neurological evaluation. We're going to give a gift to all our listeners. There's gonna be three different tests. Each test is normally six hundred dollars individually, but we're going to do a special. If you wait around to the end, you could get all three tests, which is a total of eighteen hundred dollars. You can get all these tests for only twenty one dollars each. The first six hundred dollars test, which you could get for twenty one dollars, it's called a qEEG brain mapping. This test, you wear a cap. It looks like a swim and it's got electrodes attached to it, and these electrodes measure your brain waves. There's alpha brain waves, which is how we normally are. There's beta brain waves when you really have to think and focus and concentrate. There's beta brain waves when you're just day dreaming. And then there's delta brain waves when you're out, you're sleeping, you're totally in a relaxed state. Now, based on these brain waves, we can measure them just like you can measure your heart waves with a EEG, sorry, with an EKG. So an ekg's for the heart, and EEG is for the brain, and what we do is called a q EEG. All right, and that's gonna measure all your different brain waves. Based on the location of the abnormal brain waves will dictate which areas of the brain are functioning well and which air of the brain are not functioning well. So it's gonna tell us you have depression, anxiety? Do you have short term memory laws? Do you have insomnia, sleep deprivation? You have long term memory? Do you have immediate memory? Do you have sequential memory problems? Do you have difficulty shifting tests? You have brain fog? You have confusion? Do you have bubbles and motivation? Organization planning, time management? Do you have issues with sensory you have floaters or tonightis ringing in the ears? Are you sensitive to lights and sounds and smells? Do you have balanced problems? Do you bump into things? Do you confuse your lefts and rots? Do you have issues with your walking your gate? Do you have issues with your neurotransmitters? Literally, the brain mapping is gonna tell us. Do you have low dopamine? Do you have low acetyl coaling? It's gonna tell us if you have a thyroid problem, if you have intestinal inflammation, if you have a concussion, if you have a virus attacking the brain, you got heavy metal poisoning. This qee G mapping picks up all this with no radiation. You don't have to sit in some small tube. You don't need any contrast flue. There's no risk. It's super short, super easy, very convenient, and very effective and analyzing the brain. It's normally six hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email you can get the entire test for only twenty one dollars. The next test is called a VNG video and astamography, and that is a test where you measure your eye movements. So you wear these goggles and they've infrared cameras on them and they go left and right and up and down and dark and light and fast and slow. And this way we could tell which area of the brains are overactive and that might create stress, anxiety, heart palpitations, insomnia, ADHD, the mind's racing, worry, anger, aggression. The v ANDNG will also pick up which areas are underactive brain fog, poor memory, low motivation, fatigue, can plan, can't organize, don't want to do anything, malaise, lack of empathy, THEE. This tells us which is underactive. And that's why I love the VNG because it's very specific to the right side the left side, which areas are underactive, which we need to relax, Which areas sorry, which areas are underactive we need to stimulate, and which areas are overactive we need to relax. So therefore, the VNG is the best to check out brain balance and overactivity and underactivity. That test is also normally six hundred dollars, but for the first people to call, text or email you can get that test again for only twenty one dollars. The last test is a one on one with me where we go over your memory, your balance. I listen to your heart, your lungs, your gut, look at your eyes, your ear, and your balance, your range, embotion, your posture. Then we also review the qEEG, the v ANDNG. If you've had blood work done, we go over everything. It takes about forty five minutes, non invasive, no radiation, no pain, but I tell you exactly what's wrong and easy solutions on how to fix it without any drug, surgery, supplement, pills, herbs injections at IVS. Everything is natural, holistic, and it's an integrative approach to your health and wellbeing. You just got to be one of the first seven people to call, text or email and you could get each of the three tests. They're only twenty one dollars each. Here is the phone number, write it down or just call right away, or you can text six four six two two one six seven three eight, or you can email info at kaplanbrainobody dot com. We're also doing a free seven day Boost your brain Power Challenge starting January fifteenth, so you can call, text or email. So you want to sign up for the free Boost your Brain Power Challenge and then also let them know that you want each of the three tests. Tell them you listen to my radio show and you want to be one of the first seven callers, texters or emailers to take advantage of this amazing gift. So it's more just to get acquaintance so you can see if you are a good fit for your practice. But it's no obligation, there's no tricks, no gimmicks, it's just good information. Tell you how our body's functioning. So we could tell you the easy natural holistic and integrative solutions. For more information, visit our website kaplindc dot com. You can also follow us on Instagram at Kaplan Brain Body. We're also on YouTube Caplin Brain and Body. We're on Facebook Caplin Brain Body, and we're on TikTok Doctor Eric Kaplan, so follow us like us. If you like my book, you can order it on Amazon. It's called Boost your Brain Power, a Guide to improving your memory and focus. And if you want to listen to the old shows, just go on the website or go on your app, go on the archives, put in my name, doctor Eric Kaplan, my show Boost your brain Power, and you could listen to all my old shows in the archives or repeat the old shows that you did listen to. So therefore you'll function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you just listen to Boost your brain Power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss Boost your brain Power with Doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero, or email info at Kaplan, brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit caplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 1: The proceeding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.