Speaker 1: Every day. The most important day.
Speaker 2: Is election day. You're going to hear every single bit of information.
Speaker 1: When you we like to listen fifty five KRS eight.
Speaker 2: O five here at pitty five kr CD talk station. Brian Thomas wishing everyone a very happy Friday Eve and expressing delight over my next guy. So I am happy to welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Retired Marine Corps Colonel William Bernard Dunn, President of Strategic Resilience Group. He served over three decades in the United States Marine Corps Badassery defined flew in many of the world's deadliest hotspots and dozens of combat missions. As an attack helicopter pilot. He and his team support US Central Command, Marine Forces, Central Command, US Cyber Command, US Strategic Command, and Special Ops Commands Central worldwide. He's the author of a book called Gunfighter's Rule, about the story of a boy destin to become a United States Marine fighter pilot. Welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show, Colonel. It is a real pleasure to have you on. Let me start by thanking you for your service to our country.
Speaker 1: Well, sir, thank you very much. It's my pleasure and I really appreciate your time and having me on the air this morning.
Speaker 2: Oh this is gonna be wildly interesting because you're We're going to get to it in a moment, folks. The coordinate attack involving the walkie talkies and pagers strategically planned by yet an unknown source. Some people think Masad. But we'll get to details on that. But I gotta I gotta ask you first, and I'm sure you get this all the time. Colonel where'd you get the nickname Berner?
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's top secret. I would say that, I would say that alcohol was involved.
Speaker 2: All right, I understand that that is wonderful. Anyhow, moving on, let's talk about your organization because I've seen your website Strategic Resilience Group. What is it that you do day to day and why is it that your organization recently had boots on the ground in Syria.
Speaker 1: Well, so what we do is we have a couple of major lines of operation, data analytics, We do information warfare and information operations, and we also do resiliency training for commercial organizations, plus a bunch of litany of other things in between. With training and different things. Are our folks in Syria? We're supporting some of our high end professionals from d D doing very specific work. Those folks are now, and you know, they're out of Syria. They're doing at least our folks are out of Syria. They're doing some other work in the Middle East right now, but they support d D and a myriad of requirements across you know, both you know, both the battle space, but also supporting back here in the United States.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're not actually engaged in fighting, it's more behind the scenes looking at our intelligence and other information and intelligence gathering.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, that's correct. Our folks are not what I considered on the kinetic end, but they are supporting the people that are on a kinetic end.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, all right, moving over to well, I'm sorry. I thought it was in many ways brilliant. How they pulled it off is beyond my understanding, considering how many people had one of these rigged pagers and then the following day walkie talkies. I thought it was interesting and I thought it was kind of neat, But then again, on the flip side, it's really really scary that this happened. So let's talk about the exploding pagers. Has there any been any definitive determination as that who has responded behind it, although we all kind of presume it was Mosad.
Speaker 1: I suspect. We will never hear Massad or Israel officially state that they did this. Right now, we all think they probably did or probably had a hand in it. But we have some friends, some Israeli friends that we talked to on a weekly basis, and they will not admit it. We're not going to ask them to admit it. But what they did do is they pulled in exquisite intelligence from across the battle space, spanning years and spanning multiple countries to precisely target enemy commanders and enemy assets at the same time on the same day, and then the same time on the second day. And imagine if you are an enemy of Israel right now, the fear that that has put into you, right.
Speaker 2: I know, that's one of the more brilliant elements about it, the psychological damaging effect that it has on the terrorist organization that they hit, just the terrorist. I mean, I know there was some collateral damage. There always is in war, and I'm not gonna excuse it, but this is reality, this is life. You know, Israel's in a fight for its life. These people just blew It's like they blew up four thousand terrorists in one hit. It was it was just it was amazing.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. And and you know, I saw a thing this morning that Netanya who put out to the people of Lebanon, and it's brilliant. You know, let's assume a Lebanese person is just a good person, right, but Hesbelah is the one that's fighting this battle. So Hesbelah because they're fighting, they are causing collateral damage in Lebanon. Yeah.
Speaker 2: People, yes, who may not be behind their efforts in that regard.
Speaker 1: That's right. And so Nennia who has called for them to basically turn in the HESBLA fighters, which they probably won't do, right, Yeah, but he's giving them an out and this is what I believe will happen. And Iran as well, give the population an out so that you know, ideally, every man and woman across any country wants their children to live and thrive. If your children are being surrounded by terrorists and then put it a threat, maybe what you do is you move the terraced away from your area, and then that helps end this war. That's what you hope for. Well, it happened, you know, in reality, no, you know. One of the things that I talk about in the book Gunfighter's Rule is when I was in Iraq during OIF one, I came across a school in Baghdad. It was a girls elementary school and on the wall my interpreter had to read it to me, was this big mural and you could see it was Israel and it says you will never go to heaven until Palestine is free. And this was in Iraq two thousand and three at a girls' school. So the hatred in the Middle East against Israel is profound, and they are truly fighting for their mere existence. So I believe their actions in Lebanon and Gaza have been very adequate and very precise, reducing the casualties. Because what you don't want to do is caused such a civilian problem, right, the civilians that they hate you more.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly. I do a segment with a retired lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis, we call the Deep Die with Daniel Davis. That's his position. This hatred is taught, it is fully ingrained in the population, and it's generational. You know, you kill my brother and you have children, and you know that those people killed your uncle and they hate the Israelis, and then it just is an ever, a never ending cycle of hatred that's well, literally taught like a religion, or it's part of the religion almost or if it isn't, well.
Speaker 1: It is it is. It's I don't know if you've ever read the Koran, but one part of the Quran, if you read it specifically, it talks about in essence, anyone that is not Islam or for Islam is your enemy. It's not as simple as that. But one of the things that they've done is they take these young men, these young Middle Eastern men, and their leaders subvert a bit what the Koran says, because one of the things that Koran says is you should not kill, But what they do says you can kill if someone's attacking your mosque. And so they've turned it in to that everybody's attacking Islam, and that becomes a you know, imagine, if you're a young man, that's the reason to fight, if someone is attacking your faith, and it makes it very easy for them to get these young men to fight.
Speaker 2: Well, Colonel Dunn, they're not attacking Islam. They're attacking one subset of Islam, and that is the radical, murderous segment of Islam. I mean, it's not really a war against the Islamic faith, is it.
Speaker 1: No, not at all. But that's how some of them get these young men to fight, is they tell them that they are attacking your faith, and then these young men sign up and they want to go fight Americans, Israelis or anyone that's threatening allegedly threadning Islam. And that's how they get these young men to fight. A lot of times, you know, if I may, you know, I met a lot of Iraqis after of one kind of calmed down before the rest of the insurgency began. They're just people trying to stay alive and keep their families alive. They'll fight if they have to, but they, you know, a lot of them were forced into fighting us. And it was sad because you don't want these young men dying for no reason, and they're attacking our marines and marines they're going to fight back and kill that period. But it was sometimes sad that these these ill equipped folks would attack us, they would die, and we would look back and go, why would they do that? Because they were believing in something that they may have been tricked into believing.
Speaker 2: Understood, well, the world is filled with philosophies and put it people in that particular position if they don't step out of themselves and sort of look at it from a ten thousand foot perspective about what they're doing. Colonel dont if I may go back to the cell phone explosions. The one of the more interesting elements about this that they did target you know, has ball terrorists right, that they hit pretty much specifically just those terrorists. How is it in an organization, which any terrorist organization typically is, it's made up of cells individuals who don't necessarily know who the other ones are. They keep it separate from each other, and they'll get orders, you know, from on top, which go to the one person that does gets spread out over the others. It's sort of like a pyramid scheme of sorts, but it's ideas to kind of help them maintain their anonymity and help them maintain a minimalist presence in the crowd to be activated whenever they're directed to do so. How is it in that completely broken up structure that they were able to get these phones in the hands of just those terrorists.
Speaker 1: I would say they had perfect intel. Wow, people were on the ground.
Speaker 2: What's going back to your point about you know, swaying the people to turn in. There may be quite a few citizens that aren't happy with terror's control of their country that would help us help anybody along.
Speaker 1: That way, you would hope. So this is, like I said, this was perfect intel. I have never seen anything this perfect in my thirty you know, over thirty three years in the Marine Corps. You know, we have great intel that shows you how incredible and how much time and effort that the Israelis put into their intel. Side of the world. I saw this morning on Iran israel Is saying that the attack is coming. They will not know what happened, but they will see the results. So think of that ominous threat. Oh no, you know, if a plane or a missile comes, right, you can understand that, you can rationalize, okay, jet came to dropped the bomb on me, or a missile game and blue up, you know, blew up my factory. But when someone gives you that threat that you're not going to know what happened, You're just going to see the result. That should send shivers down the enemy of Israel.
Speaker 2: Well, if you had to anticipate what that form of attack that might come in. I know some are suggesting that the oil infrastructure be attacked, and some are suggesting the nuclear centrifuge areas. I know those are underground apparently, but that could be attacked. But could it possibly be that they unleash another like a Sutsnecks kind of software that you know, blows up the centrifuges making the enriched uranium or something along those lines.
Speaker 1: I think that's I think absolutely anything is possible. What I would like to see, what I would this is how I would do it is I would not attack the oil. I would attack all war supporting infrastructure. I would take out any of their aircraft or drone factories, maybe drone factory. I would take out their nuclear plant I would make I would blow their nuclear capability back one hundred years. And then what they're doing in Lebanon, you get the Iranian people, which, by the way, with all of the work that had been done in the past administrations, where Iran was on its heels, yes, they were almost imploding. We had them on the verge and some of our old intel beliefs that the civilian population was going to overthrow the Iranian government. This was years ago, before an administration change that could have happened, and none of this would be taking place right now. So that's what I would do if I was Israel, I would take out we're supporting infrastructure, leave the economy right now alone, so that you're not making the Iranian people. Some for the civilians, but they know the next wave takes those out. An you don't comply, then your next wave is your economy understood?
Speaker 2: And I get those those arguments. I guess you know, we all talk about in you know, broader perspective, world War three breaking out, given the cozy relationship the Iranians now have with the Russians and the Chinese, and I just worry about a larger global conflict breaking out. Any possibility of that in your mind, Colonel.
Speaker 1: I think it's possible, but there is no in my mind. In my mind, China in Russia will let Iran go.
Speaker 2: Maybe would be Russia's best interest from an oil production standpoint. Retired Colonel at Bernard Don We're out of time. I just love to talk. I can talk to you for hours, sir, but let me end by thanking you from the bottom of my heart and on behalf of all of my listeners who feel the same way, thanking you for your service to our country. It's been a fascinating conversation and you are always welcome here in the fifty five cars. Morning should discussed these world affarehs. Colonel, it's been a real pleasure.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, sir, and I have a great weekend and holiday for all your listeners. I hope everybody has a great day.
Speaker 2: Thank you and we will try you do the same. It's eight twenty here fifty five KRC Talk Stations.
Speaker 1: Stick around. We got I hurt.
Speaker 2: Media Aviation Expert Jay right left, coming up to the bottom of the hour, be right back. Fifty five KRC the talk station. For more information about contests on this station, go to fifty five KRC dot org.