Speaker 1: Let's go, Let's go back bay, Welcome back for the weekend. Good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, he Rod Ryan. Yes, indeed, welcome back. Everybody, wakey, wake your hands off. Snaky rod Ryan show. Checking in for another big, big full week Halloween Week. Here we got Arthur. He doesn't get any bigger than this. Okay, Arthur three times last year played for win number five and lost all three times. Arthur's going for win number five this morning? Can he get past the hump? Are you going to beat him this morning? Are you going to make the call to get on this game? Finally? Head to head Challenge six twenty. That's it. I can't hype it anymore than it already is. It's huge. Dane Cook tickets.
Speaker 2: Coming your way in homeroom on the fun Facts Splashback the Texas Hammer game from Lincoln Park tickets.
Speaker 1: That's right, Lincoln Park is playing Arlington. There are tickets still available livenation dot com. That show is November eighth, so it is coming up soon. We'll have tickets for you all week seven twenty. Today A Wall Nation tickets at eight twenty concert announcement at nine o'clock with the first pair of tickets Meal Wolf. Let's talk about a little bit about that. We got meowolf stuff in town. I see signs all over the place. They're doing a great job of marketing. We've got tickets for you. We'll talk a little bit about that on Know the show. Teen percent chance of rain party, Clowney high eighty eight. Are we getting grained later this week, That's what they're saying. Let's get after what's going on in the world. Good morning, Tesla. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Well, the first Good morning, by the way, and good morning the homeroom. Kamala Harris. She we kind of let the weekend with her having that big rally right at ShW Energy Stadium.
Speaker 1: Oay.
Speaker 3: Some people were reporting like Beyonce doing an air check, like are we getting a Beyonce concert?
Speaker 4: It's gonna be crazy down there.
Speaker 3: Well, it turns out the campaign never said Beyonce would perform, but plenty of.
Speaker 1: People assume she would.
Speaker 3: Beyonce being at the campaign event was heavily promoted in advance, but Beyonce didn't perform. She just delivered a speech. The audience did get a performance from Willie Nelson.
Speaker 1: That's what they wanted to say. But a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Think the attendees were ripped off in that sense. One person tweeted, so let me get this straight. Kamala Harris baited people with the free Beyonce concert and then had Willie Nelson perform. Talk about a bunch of upset concert grower goers. So that's really the big story. We'll be talking about that this morning. And it did happen right here in Houston. So maybe if someone went to the rally, they can tell us maybe.
Speaker 4: A little bit more about the feedback.
Speaker 5: There was a rally, not a concert, correct, So that's like and you said, Matt.
Speaker 1: We can talk about it later. But your co host on TV, Derek, he's the one that posted a video that you showed us and it sounded like there was a sound check going on.
Speaker 3: It was his partner Brandon who said, nothing like a Beyonce soundcheck at eight o'clock in the morning, because there were Beyonce vocals coming from Shell Energy Stadium.
Speaker 1: Which must have been just the CD playing I don't know, you know what I mean, or MP three whatever, you know, they must have been just playing Beyonce music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'm definitely going to be talking about that this morning. Also, a SpaceX Dragon capsule splashed down on Friday. That was the one carrying four astronauts from NASA, and one of them had what was called a medical incident, So they didn't say which astronaut, but he or she had to be taken to a Florida hospital for an overnight's day.
Speaker 4: The good news is that NASA announced.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend that the astronaut has been released and.
Speaker 4: The crew member is now in good health.
Speaker 3: So there's a little update from a couple of Friday stories.
Speaker 1: Is being angry a real thing?
Speaker 3: You all know the feeling, maybe you skip breakfast, you didn't have time for lunch, and now you're getting more mad, the hungerer you get. The answer is yeah, being hungry is a real thing. It boils down to something called your gut brain access. That's the communication line between your stomach and your brain. So not eating also drops your blood sugar, which can make you produce more of the stress hormone. According to an expert, the five best foods to snack on if you want to avoid being hungry are crunchy vegetables, chickpeas, Greek yogurt, berries and almonds. All right, let's talk about Puerto Rican stars like Bad Bunny, Ricky Martin, Louis Sponsie, and Jennifer Lopez.
Speaker 1: They are all deciding.
Speaker 3: To back Democratic presidential candidate Vice President Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: So kill.
Speaker 3: Tony, if you didn't know, is a comedian and he was at Trump's rally in New York City. He called Puerto Rico a floating island of garbage. Bad Bony posted an online criticizing President Trump. In the mix with that, Lopez also posted the most message of support, lack of respect. This is what they think of us. That's what Ricky Martin had posted. So yeah, a little backlash over the Raleigh yesterday. Also, let's talk about the music blog page, because a recent said he looked at two thousand wedding playlists on Spotify to find the most popular songs. If you've attended a wedding recently, there's a chance you've probably heard a lot of those. On the dance for Whitney Houston's I Want to Dance with Somebody number one, Dancing Queen by Abba number two and Yeah Usher featuring Little John and Ludacris.
Speaker 4: Ever three, those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: Mister Brightside was in there.
Speaker 3: Number four, Yeah, just outside top three.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It wasn't pretty, but the Texas got the job done.
Speaker 5: They got a win yesterday, holding on to beat the Colts twenty three to twenty. The defense came up with a clutch sack on the last play of the game. To see it, the Colts quarterback, if you like, forgot that on a hail Mary, you have to throw the ball. Yeah, and no doubt was pretty clutch for the Texans to not let him do that.
Speaker 1: The commanders knew what the assignment figured it out.
Speaker 5: You do need to throw the ball to a receiver if you would like to have an opportunity to win.
Speaker 1: I would say the most important part of hail Mary is launching the ball would be Yeah, no, it's pretty big.
Speaker 5: But like those are the two biggest parts, and they didn't get him done. Shout out in the Texans six and two in the season. They're gonna pay their next game on Thursday, got a Halloween game against the Jets in New York.
Speaker 1: On Monday Night football, TJ.
Speaker 5: Watt and the Steelers host Dexter Lawrence and the Giants. Steelers come into this as six point favorites. Kickoff is at seven fifteen and you can watch it on ESPN and ABC. And Baseball Yankees and Dodgers are gonna play Game three of the World Series tonight.
Speaker 1: Dodgers lead the series two games.
Speaker 5: Then Clark Schmid is gonna be on the mound for New York going up against LA's Walker Buler. First pitches at seven oh eight and you can watch it on Fox. Rockets are back in action tonight to play the Spurs on the road.
Speaker 1: Tip off for that at seven.
Speaker 5: You can hear that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. I did not forget about the Dynamo, guys, they didn't forget about the Dynamo.
Speaker 1: You've been emailing me like for two weeks.
Speaker 5: Houston Done FC is gonna play their first playoff game tonight, taking on the Seattle Sounders in game one of this best of three series. That'll start at eight and you can watch it on Apple TV and FS one.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in spots Okay soccer fans. Alex has he covered on the Dynamo. We're happy that they're in the play on Tuesday. Looks like show Hey Otani's gonna play. I wish his arm was broken off. Oh wow. I was watching it live. I was like, oh god, no, you know he's he's the best baseball player in the world. It's the World Series. You want him in there? You want to? I mean I want to watch the games with him in there. I want to. You're rooting for the Yankees, So all right, there we go. Four hours of Pain, the most interactive show on the radio. Would love to hear from you. You want the first phone call. We had some great first phone calls last week. Man, if you're up, you're ready to rock, I'd love to hear from you. Anything goes seven one three, two, one, two, five, nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now ninety four to five the bus Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Incubus pardon me. It's a great way to get things started today. Off and running. Four hours of pain, that's what I call it. Where hours of pain. It's not painful. I love doing the show, absolutely love it. Can't wait to get you guys on, can't wait to get you involved. Will be going for that first phone call in a moment. If you're not on board, you want to talk to us seven one three, two one two five nine four five keep that number, handy. Who is going to keep the tradition going this morning? Arthur the greatest four day champion ever. He's awesome at winning four times. He cannot get into the Hall of Fame. He's never been in the Hall of Fame. As a matter of fact, last year alone, he won. He played three times last year and he won four games and was stuffed on day five three times. What does that mean? He won the most prizes last year, okay, twelve days of free booty. So maybe he has cracked the code. Maybe he's like one of those guys on Jeopardy that kind of just kind of figured it out. I don't need the Hall of Fame. I just need to like clear these guys out of all these prizes.
Speaker 5: Yes, stress out, Yeah, bestep your prizes and laugh at anybody else.
Speaker 1: Stress Arthur's kicking back, driving into work, laughing at all these suckers and the Tournament of Champions. I don't know if he even wants it. Full night's sleep. He says he wants it. I don't know that he wants it. I just did think he wants it. Yeah, yeah, and he's gotten four days. He's gotten four days of prizes. The thing is, it's so late in the year he'll never be able to turn around thirty days later and get back on because we'll start the tournament and everything. So this is his last shot. He might as well win the whole damn thing and get into the tournament and win another prize today. Highly suspect tickets are what Chili put him there. Is what Chili put in there, Dane Cook tickets. I still think the dude's hysterical. We're gonna give away his tickets on the fun fact flashback Texas Hammer game for Lincoln Park tickets. We'll get to a Wall Nation tickets closer to around eight twenty. Concert announcement at nine o'clock. Alternative income right after that, a chance to win one thousand dollars and then we'll talk to me. Oo Wolf. Gotta talk weather now today, don't worry about it. Same thing. Eighty eight degrees, partly cloudy, low chances of rain. Our best chance of rain this week is Thursday. What is going down on Thursday? It's Halloween. We haven't had rain in ninety days. It's not been that long. It's been a long time. And now they're saying that there's a good chance of rain on Thursday for the trick and treaters. So we'll keep you posted on that. We'll be following that all week long. And I see we got some phone lines ringing. Okay, it's that.
Speaker 6: Time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Bump bump, bump. Some guy named Robbie on the phone, Robbie, good lord and this. So I just played I thank you, Robbie, good morning. Great to see you, great to hear you. How do you do it today? I'm doing great. I just played a clip in the in the Incubus song and Alex looked at me and said, is that was that, Robbie? And uh? And I said, no, it's from a movie. Uh, from a really good movie. I was telling else he needs to watch it. It's called talk radio and uh, it's a guy that is this crazy fan that comes on the guy's radio program and he says this, you are the best thing on the radio, Alex. Dude, Alix thought that was you.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm impressed.
Speaker 1: It does kind of sound a little like you, Robbie. What's going on, bro? It might ran might rain on our trick or treaters today this week.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well that's put put a put a plastic bag over your head.
Speaker 1: And go to town. That's a horrible idea. Put horstic bag.
Speaker 7: Make sure your still there.
Speaker 1: You go follow Follow Robbie for more children advice. What else is going on? Dude?
Speaker 7: I want to know if you all are the only people that come to the radio station to work, because everybody else has these eight eight numbers that you've got to call to try to win. What happened with the said one to five ninety five the secret number to get into the back door?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, hang on a second, Let's be clear. That is not a secret number. That is just the number that you dialed, and that's the number that everyone has. Robbie, that is your number to call in the secret number, the eight eight eight is there is? Yeah, there's a lot of home studio things that are happening right now, people working from home, and you know, with with technology being the way that it is, believe it or not, this can be done in your home. Not really, this not what we do.
Speaker 7: Remember twenty twenty and everybody was doing it.
Speaker 1: I understand we tried it for how long did we end up doing it Tessa five weeks, maybe four weeks, six, I don't remember. So Tessa came to my house like three months, no, no, no, no, it definitely wasn't that long. Tessa came over, rode her bicycle to my house and the heights we broadcasted. Alex was here running the board, Chili was doing Chili just never left the chili bowl. So we were kind of able to do a version of the show when they wanted us all socially distanced. They were only allowing one person per room back then. You remember, like we couldn't have two people in a room during those crazy days, so we tried it. I hated working plas, but we had somebody standing here. So everyone else on the radio they can do it from their home, but they don't have like phone lines built into their house and they don't have somebody standing here entering the phone, so they use a different number. So that's it, okay, I mean, that's that's the big secret, the cracked code on that one. A lot of people working from their home studios. I hate it. I'd rather get up and come into the office. I really would.
Speaker 7: Well, let me ask you know the question, sure is the Wizard also the program director of the radio station in.
Speaker 1: Boma, The Big Dog. He is the program director of other radio stations, but I don't think that one's his, Okay, I don't know that's I don't even know that. I don't know. I don't even think that's an iHeart station. If it is, oh, it is, Okay, he might be.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, he didn't have a meeting with us this well, we did have a meeting this week. Yeah, they've been it's the end of the year. They might be dumping more stations on him. I don't know. He is the program director of a couple of other radio stations, but obviously he's based out of here because he comes in here and makes us nuts. But yeah, there he is. He does some other stations. He is Pittsburgh, something in the Carolinas, something like that. So all right, listen, Robbie, it's always great catching up with you, my brother. I look, I love talking to ya.
Speaker 7: And how do you feel about Purtinda trying to bring a stock of a hockey team into Houston.
Speaker 1: Just hearing hockey in Houston makes me go from six to Noondaddy, you know that, you know that, you know how excited I get about that. I had my chance too. Man Tilman was at that gala that I just went to, and you know, he had a bunch of people around him and everything, and he doesn't need one more wing nut coming up to him. But I don't get to see him that often, like never. I had a couple of drinks in me and I was making my way over there. I just couldn't get near him. He was with the mayor. It's like, you know, I said hi to the mayor. People just crowd around, and I just I wanted to just get a little hockey in there with him, but I just couldn't get near him. I'm like, okay, another time, short pray where we come back. It's gonna be a great day. He start with Robbie right on the flip, gonna rick check for you. We'll find out what's training, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of.
Speaker 6: Bed Houston, Houston's alternative and tell him at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show six twenty one MILF Monday. That's what's happening online for sure, that's our It's a number one link right out of the gate this morning. Don't forget the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. It's going to be our last week if you wanted to get in on that really popular silly phony rod Ryan Show Music Festival t shirt with all the funny band names that's up plus that hoodie. Are we gonna be in hoodie territory at all this week? I mean, we got a good chance of some rain, but you're still in the upper eighties today, Hartley cloudy eighty eight, ten percent chance of rain. It's going to be cold here at some point. You're gonna remember this day when I said you're gonna want that hoodie that Rob Ryan showed twentieth anniversary hoodie. What's trending? Please?
Speaker 3: The number one search on Google is the Dallas Cowboys. Frustrated dak vows three and four Dallas won't fade away. Over a million searches for the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: I don't know why that.
Speaker 3: I mean, you had some j Judson Patriots, and there you got some Packers Jaguars. You know, obviously here in town it was Andre Johnson's Hall of Fame game, so lots of football talk going on.
Speaker 4: That's definitely a trend.
Speaker 3: It always is on a Monday of victory Monday for the Texans and the Bills broad congratulations, thank you. Number two trending search is Tony Hinchcliff. People want to know who the heck Tony Hinchcliffs is, or they know and they want to see why people or are mad at him.
Speaker 4: He was at a Trump rally yesterday.
Speaker 3: He's the second most searched thing on Google yesterday. He went up and did a set and basically did a set. He wasn't like giving a speech. He was up there telling jokes and they were not landing with the other side of the aisle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a performance that he was doing. So Trump did not say these things this comedian did.
Speaker 3: At his rally, right, So that's the other thing. And then for us, if you go over to links and guests, it's the Milk Milk Monday number one link.
Speaker 4: Everyone's clicking on it.
Speaker 3: That's what's trending on ninety four to five to bus.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I might also play the guy's music. It's not like he's gonna win or anything good. More than everybody, this is art there.
Speaker 8: Just do what I do when I do it. I am you're fresh out of bed head to head four day champion, and you.
Speaker 1: Heard Rod say it.
Speaker 8: I'm the greatest four day champion ever. Now what happens Monday is anyone's guest.
Speaker 9: I predict the win number.
Speaker 8: Five and my first trip to the Hall of Fame, bitches.
Speaker 1: I mean, can he be trusted on his predictions? Probably not. I'm sure he said that three times last year when he had won four games, did a victory speech and said, Hey, I'm coming back, I'm gonna win tomorrow. He did that to us three times last year.
Speaker 3: It is so good on days one through four, Honday five, he only gets in first on like what like? He doesn't get in first Sunday five according to other John stats.
Speaker 2: Seven one three, two, one two five nine four five If and when you beat.
Speaker 6: Him a Rod Ryan shall.
Speaker 1: The bush? Here we go ninety four five. The Buzz twenty one pilots Heathen's good morning, home Room. Thank you for starting your day off with us and your week. It's gonna be a busy week with us today. Busy busy week for sure. Leading up to Halloween, lots of fun things for you. Some of the favorite Fall games will be back tomorrow, chili brown Wednesday pumpkin spice prices right, but you know today locked in Every Monday, the Texas Hammer Game will play that game at seven twenty. That's how you're gonna win your Lincoln Park tickets. Yeah, they're playing Arlington November eighth, Hartley Claude here today, ten percent chance of rain, high of eighty eight.
Speaker 10: And now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners, Arthur, good morning.
Speaker 1: Rod, Why even show up today? Just say you could have slept in.
Speaker 8: You know I'm here to break the mold.
Speaker 1: You said that three times last year. You're right, You're right, Okay this if you win today, it would be your first time in the Hall of Fame, correct, Okay, Well, a lot of people want to play you. A lot of people want to keep your streak alive. I know you don't want to. But one guy that wants to keep that streak alive that got through this morning. Hey Ben, hey Ben.
Speaker 7: Ben Ben Ben, hey Ben, oh Ben Ben Ben.
Speaker 1: O g Ben, Good morning, brother Rat, good morning, I should say, Hall of Famer, o g Ben. You've been in the Hall before. You know how to do it. Two times in the Hall of Fame. But he's been on this show so long, he's got kids, he's got other Bens. There's other just Ben. There's other Bens on the show now. It's all these other just Bens and other Benz. That's when I knew I made it when there was another Ben. So really, you didn't make it with that twenty minute drop of yours. Okay, every time I play your drop, I'm late. Have you cracked the code? Do you know how to beat Arthur? H? What does Arthur just beat himself on? David? All Right, here we go og Ben and Arthur. I'm so glad, I'm awake. I'm so glad I'm here right now. What are they playing for?
Speaker 4: I've got a pair of tickets to see Highly Suspect.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, it's a great ticket too. Please listen carefully here in the studio. This is an important thing here, Ben and Arthur. Question number one? What fancy gem? Pard? Are you kidding me? Arthur Diamond? It's not the correct answer, the complete question for O G. Ben, What fancy gem? Do oysters make pearls? Pearls? It's a correct answer. Arthur just doing what he does Alex Is he doing it on purpose?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, man, seems it seems fishing. He can't get back on. He can't come back on and win four games and and and like pillage us of more free booty, you know, for four days. All right, here we go, o g Ben and Arthur Ben is on the board. Arthur needs this to stay in the game. Here we go. Next question, what did the pot call the kettle? Arthur Black? Okay, he said it's the game at the pot called the kettle? Black said that African American? Would we have?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Would we have?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Here we go for the win? What home Appliance leans your pots and pans? Arthur Arthur dishwasher? Yes, Hey, wow he didn't Randy, that was close.
Speaker 8: Wow, good game, Ben, good game, man.
Speaker 1: That was It was a good that one's the hardest wanted to get. It was a good game. It was a clean game. And how close was it? Very very close? Very close? And I'm not even the least bit upset for you asking it was that close. It was Arthur Ben that quick. He just got you, dude, he just saved you the time. I'll play, I'll listen to podcast. I'll send you an email that means you don't believe Arthur. Tell me you don't believe me without telling me you don't believe me. Okay, I heard what you said, Roy, but I'll go double check. Hey Arth, Yes, So a couple of things here that you have no idea about. You're in the Hall of Fame. You won five in a row. You've won five prizes, highly suspect tickets are yours. And then I know this is going to be weird. But I need a victory speech that says that you're going into the in your words, I need a victory speech that says you're going into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 5: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to hear it. I can't wait to hear it. Congratulations bro to take you there. Finally you did it. The world's best cup of coffee. Congratulations. I was stressing out for it. I was too I was too great game.
Speaker 6: You're listening to The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, the buzz.
Speaker 1: Was Good Morning rod Ryan Show. O g Ben just called he's looking for the podcast. Come on immediately, Alice. Can't turn that around quite the fast. Wait, what's a good time? If somebody did want to go back and listen to the pod even on a daily basis. I'm not asking you for a specific time today, but just during the week. If you hear a game and you want to go back and re listen, or if you've ever just you woke up a little late, you missed Fresh out of Bed Head to Head? When does it normally go up?
Speaker 5: Like fresh out of bed and fun Facts will be up by eight By eight o'clock, I can't grab the audio until seven am, and then we're like, I'm cutting that up in breaks, so breaks and songs, so like, I have to do that when we have the opportunity. So by eight o'clock. Usually I can get up before that, but by eight o'clock and then the show will be by eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh, clean win for Arthur. I mean, that was that wasn't a Monday game at all. I mean and even not even on og Ben's part o g Ben play rand, I was stressed out too. I was very very stressed out at the game. And that's stressed out for this game.
Speaker 10: And I'm happy for Arthur Fresh out of Bed Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current channel.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 8: More than everybody, this is Arthur and so many of you thought the greatest four day player didn't have a fifth game in him. Well, I did just that with a two time Hall.
Speaker 1: Of Famer, and you know I came out on top.
Speaker 8: I am the thirteenth member of the fresh out of bed head to head Hall of Fame in twenty twenty four. And you other Hall of famers are gonna be sorry. I'm finally in here because I plan on taking it all bitches.
Speaker 1: He's had a lot of support of the people that are in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: People are excited him.
Speaker 1: Now. I don't mind him saying, Okay, you guys that were been rooting for me, you're gonna be sorry you were rooting for me. There's a reason that you don't want me in this Hall of Fame, he said. He goes, I might as well win the whole thing. Now, if I got that four day thing behind me, then just put it all behind me and just win the whole damn thing. That would be of course, one thousand dollars from Planet Fitness a one year membership. Nice that's going to the winner this year.
Speaker 4: Great start for the year.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go. It's the fuck that's to the day. We make you look smart. Everybody's fu to the day. Hey, my my Apple friends here with all the Apple products. Yes, is there some kind of new phone that you guys aren't buying. Do you need to go out and get a new Apple product for me? Please?
Speaker 3: Actually have an unwrapped Apple phone on my counter.
Speaker 4: I need to get it all synced up.
Speaker 1: You bought a new one.
Speaker 3: I got one for my birthday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay? Would you okay? Would you get another one? Maybe? And then, Alex, do you need a new phone? Please? There's a new Apple phone out there. Don't you have to get the newest one to buy it.
Speaker 5: Let's say it comes out and just get Apple because they have superior products.
Speaker 1: En Video dethroned Apple as the world's most valuable company, and yet their unofficial company motto is our company is thirty days from going out of business. If you're not familiar, Video has been around for thirty years, but they have overtaken Apple. I need you guys to go buy some more of their crap.
Speaker 3: No, I got to go buy a video.
Speaker 1: Okay. Their AI hardware and software is surging. Oh yeah, let me go buy that. Not I have a lot of applestock, very few Apple products, so I need you guys to go buy them.
Speaker 4: That goes from the money, so you do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I sit back and laugh at you guys and just get rich on applestock. You guys continue to live in a poorhouse because of the products are so expensive that it is illegal to mispronounce the word Arkansas in Arkansas. I'm not going to get arrested for saying ar Kansas Kansas, but they're not going to be happy about it. Okay.
Speaker 4: That was so confusing to me when I was learning to read.
Speaker 1: I was like, what do you mean, I'd like to arrest a few of you when you say naw lens. No one says that. No one says that. Everyone on TV? Does everyone? I know. We're heading over to go check in with Taylor Swift, who's playing in Gnallins this weekend. Shut up by to bye. You. Redheads have less hair on their head than people with other hair colors. Oh that's neat. The average redhead has ninety thousand strands of hair. I counted them, all right, versus one hundred and ten strands for blonde blondes and one hundred and forty strands for brunettes. But red hair is thicker than the other The actual hair is thicker than the other two colors. It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart bodies, It's the funk back to the day. Okay, good knowledge today, what you give it away?
Speaker 3: I've got the comedian Dane Cook. He has a show at buy You Music Center November seconds. We got a pair of tickets.
Speaker 1: To that, all right, it's your fun fact. There's a song that only has six different words in it, and it has five songwriters credited on the song. So somebody came up with two words. Yeah, six different words in the song, the entire song, five songwriters credited. I'll take the band. You need to know the name of the song. You need to know the song. If you If you know the band, that's great too. I'll give you a give you a little extra pat on the back. Seven one, three, two five. If now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. There he is on the phone this morning. Hey, how brother Rod, good morning, just laying there in bed and his pajama is all nice and toasty. That's so nice, so nice. You can catch me over here at terminal e. Oh, you're off, you're flying I got you all right, Well, listen, how do you be doing Wall Street? Let's go back in and take a look at Friday.
Speaker 11: Friday was a mixed down Wall Street. The dow down two and fifty nine points. Kick off this morning at forty two thousand one fourteen NASDAC got one hundred and three. We're at eighteen thousand and five eighteen benchmark ten year treasury is treading at a four point twenty six percent, and oil stands at sixty seven dollars sixty three cents a barrel to the most actives, the big studs, Intel, Salesforce and Microsoft.
Speaker 1: The big duds Mickeyde's.
Speaker 11: Dow and Travelers on the economic calendar this morning, it's all clear. But right now futures they are on the upside. Hang on to this.
Speaker 1: They'll be a positive opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 12: That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm madiger.
Speaker 11: This is how manager director with a Ram James report it for the Rideline Show from Aramony jameson Sam Pelipe and the Gusta dun't get toys or rock out with your stock.
Speaker 6: App Famin's expressed are those of all land and not necessarily those are Raymon James and associates than come ever, nat AS, ibt IART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it is not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmiss We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security referred to your end. Because programs are educational and informational services on the studs, duds are based on movement.
Speaker 1: As reported twenty four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show. Yeah, spoiler alert, Arthur got it done. Speaking of Planet Fitness now, being the big sponsor of the freshmen, I've had head to head Tournament of Champions. Arthur's in that tournament. Now there's thirteen of you in the Tournament of Champions. We still got room for a few more to get in there. But right now, let's focus on this. There you go, good morning. Who's on the phone, Mike frater I, Mike, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 1: Fun fact flashback today looking for the song band It's only got six words in it and it's got five songwriters credited on the song. What's the song makem MITCHA Yeah, I like the way you said that too, Like you really lean into that, dude. Congratulations you're the winner today. Mike, wait to go, what are you giving them?
Speaker 3: You get a parent takets seek comedian Dane Cook this Saturday night congratulation.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you, Mike, appreciate you being part of homeroom today. Hang on for me. This is that song probably not appropriate for this early in the morning. Prodigy five people wrote that song. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: I want I just know who the guy lies the camp with turds and they were like, yeah, I did.
Speaker 1: Now you ever achiever here? Pal? Yeah? Okay? Uh Texas Hammer Game next hour for Lincoln Park tickets concert announcement. We gotta start getting in some of the Halloween stuff. I mean, we gotta flush. We gotta flush it all out. The time is we got a time bit that time is changing this weekend. O'clocks back. We're falling back. Oh you well, yeah that while you were late this morning? Yeah, partly Cloudy's guys. You're not turning your clocks back until next weekend or this weekend. Ten percent chance of rain high of eighty eight today, rain is coming this week too? What the hell? Tessa Houston's headlines Please.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, Kamala Harrison Donald Trump both made campaign stops in Texas on Friday. The one that everyone is talking about here in Houston is this campaign event with Beyonce.
Speaker 4: There was supposed to be there.
Speaker 3: Everyone knew that Beyonce was going to make an appearance, but were people kind of duped into thinking that she was going to perform and sing.
Speaker 1: They were not lied to. They there was never anything. Remember that morning Friday morning, we still didn't even know where it was.
Speaker 3: Going to be, right, they didn't finally locked in a location at Shell Energy and Ito.
Speaker 1: So it just said that Beyonce was going to be there. We had just kind of talked on the air. We were both predicting, what do you think? What do you think? I thought, man, Beyonce's production is way too much for just doing a couple of songs. She just has too much involved. But then we read that article. It said, okay, here, this, this and this, and then in that article Beyonce is expected to perform. That's just them going rogue perform.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so a crowd of thirty thousand people did show up. So did they think that Beyonce wasna performed? Maybe because Beyonce move was a needle someone.
Speaker 4: Like Beyonce's, specially in the city, her hometown.
Speaker 3: Of Houston, that's going to move the needle. Beyonce did not perform, she did deliver a speech. The audience Scotch see Willie Nelson perform.
Speaker 1: That's actually like probably they wanted to see him because he's a real musician. He can just put on a guitar and play.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's kind of the that's kind of the after you know, after after math posts post rally script for you there and then you know. Trump taped the Joe the Joe Rogan podcast on Friday and it was released over the weekend.
Speaker 1: He went long.
Speaker 4: It went like almost three hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was wrong on that. I said, they're not gonna let him go on. I mean again, I know Trump has people. I don't know if that he listens to anyone. I don't think he does. I was surprised, I said, I go beyond maybe an hour hour and a half of the most. I said, I don't think they could let him go three hours. But he was late to whatever he had to do later on that evening. He just he was using the biggest platform available to him. It's Joe Rogan. I mean, Joe Rogan's got the biggest podcast out there, three hours and it's free advertising. There you go, you know what I mean? That might have been worthy every television commercial he bought.
Speaker 3: The Trump campaign also had a Madison Square Garden rally, which that a lot of headlines are coming out of that Trump Trump's campaign says they want to distance themselves from an anti Puerto Rico comment that was made at the rally. Comedian Tony Hingecliff made a joke referring to Puerto Rico is floating a floating island of garbage in the middle of the ocean.
Speaker 4: A senior advisor for Trump's.
Speaker 3: Campaign said that does not reflect the views of the former president or the campaign. Now, all the presidential candidates who aren't named Trump or Kamala had a debate last Wednesday, and if you haven't seen it, the national anthem singer dropped multiple F bombs during the song her name is Loomis. She got to rockets, red glare, and then her voice cracked and then she was like, I afked up?
Speaker 4: Can I start over? Do you have a clip of this?
Speaker 11: I do?
Speaker 1: How did she not know that she was it live? How do you go into an event like this and not know that you're live? She drops two F bombs, Whose Rocks drives and by through the past sides for the were so bid Like this part it's okay, it's all right, she did a good job. But this here, it is get back, go back please. So you know that there's a is it a floor producer? What is the person that's got the headset on this? He's doing the we are live right now? And she just she went right into it, and you know she's somewhat recovered, but she said she got nervous.
Speaker 3: She just panicked, and she felt bad because her family was watching, including her dad, who's an Army veteran.
Speaker 1: But you said you fed up twice, Like I get it, like you screwed up. But dropping a couple of F bombs during the national anthem is always wild. It's wild. And then not knowing that you're live is wild to me, so crazy also crazy, Okay, God, that's got to blog.
Speaker 5: Picture done, And like Homa the f embridge at the very end, it's just like.
Speaker 1: All right, I don't know this.
Speaker 4: Gal jazzed about it.
Speaker 1: She issued an apology.
Speaker 3: Keanu Reeves has had a reputation for being one of the nicest guys in Hollywood. But I don't know does this change for animal lovers once you realize that you can blame Keano for.
Speaker 4: The dog dying.
Speaker 3: And John Wick, yeah, co director of the movie, says investigators hated not investigators, I'm sorry. Investors of the movie hated the idea of killing the dog, saying, you know this is gonna alienate audiences. They tried to make the directors change the ending so the dog survives, but Keano's stood up for one of the directors and fought against the happier ending, and as you know you've seen John Wick, Keanu won that argument. So I think he knew he was going to really upset people, Like he really gave John Wick his origin story.
Speaker 1: It's that one and it's Will Smith's I am legend. Are the two broove I mean Marley and Me. Everyone knew that what was going to happen. Sorry spoiler alert. The dog guyes at the end of Marley and Me. It's in the book. But those are the two big ones for me that were just really tough. People are getting blown away, their heads blown off left and right, nobody says anything. One dog guys, it ruins their day. One fictional dog guys in a movie, and it ruins people's tax yep.
Speaker 3: Ahead of the release of the thirtieth edition Anniversary Addiction box Set, a blue album for Weezer, Weezer has released a true Hidden Treasure, the only known band recording of one of their earliest songs, Superman, subtitled garage Practice.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what it's from.
Speaker 3: So you can listen to the nineteen eighty two recording here and on the music blog page.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston said, Let's go Yeah. Texans got to win yesterday. They held on to beat the Colts twenty three to twenty.
Speaker 5: Defense Camp with a clutch sack on the last play of the game to seal it. They're now six and two on the season. I'll play their next game on Thursday when they take on the Jets on the road Mean Showdown. On Monday Night Football, TJ. Watt and the Steelers are gonna host Dexter Lawrence and the Giant. Steelers are six point favorites in this one. Kickoff is at seven fifteen and you can watch it on ESPN and ABC. On the sports blog page today, the Commanders beat the Bears on a last second Hail Mary.
Speaker 1: That was pretty crazy.
Speaker 5: And then also crazier than that was the Bears defender that was taunting Commanders fans instead of covering Noah Brown, who was the guy that caught the pass. He was turned around mocking fans and then missed his guy and that was how his team lost.
Speaker 13: So that was pretty crazy. You can see all that on the sports blog page today.
Speaker 5: In baseball, Yankees and Dodgers are gonna play a Game three of the World Series tonight in New York. Dodgers are up two to zero in the series. Clark Schmid's gonna be on the mound for New York, going up against LA's Walker Bueler. First pitches at seven o eight. You can watch it on Fox.
Speaker 1: So they'll play Monday two, Wednesday, Monday, Tuesday, Monday, Tuesday, Monday, Tuesday, Oh, possibly possibly Wednesday, but no game on Thursday, Halloween nights that would be a travel day, so everything's just aligned. It's just active. Just the Texans on Thursday, yes, Halloween.
Speaker 5: So yeah, first pitch at seven to eight, you can watch it on Fox. And basketball, Rockets are back in action. Tonight they're gonna play the Spurs on the road tip offs at seven. You can hear that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. And in soccer, Houston, Don Webst is gonna play their first playoff game tonight. They'll play the Seattle Sounders in game one of this Best If three series. That'll start at eight and you can watch it on Apple TV and FS one. That what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: The Rod Ryan Morning Show. The Buzz is a funny email. Hey, ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. That's three days grace and never too late. They're locked in to play all next year. They're on every festival and everything else. It's three days Grace times two. They've gone alter their logo a little bit to recognize that they're going to be traveling with two lead vocalists now in the band. So cool, So cool. Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show. Welcome to the seventh Spot. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you for just joining us. I see why the Texas Hammer game is coming up, but boy, you missed a good one. If you missed the fresh out of bed head to head, I'll leave it as Okay, you need to go and listen to it. It was a good game. Arthur was a three time four Day champion last year. Could not get it, could not get to number five. He won the most games last year of anybody that played. He just couldn't win that fifth game. Did he get it done today? Well, you're gonna have to listen to the podcast. Alex said, it'll be up at around eight o'clock or so. Partly cloudy sky's ten percent chance of rain high of eighty eight and got chances of rain going to be increasing each and every day all the way up to pretty heavy chance of rain on Thursday. Thursday. We got our eye on the prize. Now got our eye in the candy bowl. Halloween is on Thursday, So Alex, I've already told him we got to start flushing out some of this Halloween stuff. We gotta play on the air. I don't think slut slut City in the eight o'clock hour. Let's put it in now. We have not slut City has not played this year. He's got to get in there once. Okay, email no names, I get it, I get it. Read it's red hot right now. Sends me a really long email. I'm gonna try to pick and choose. All right, no names, he goes brother Rod. My wife and I don't agree on politics. We get along fine, but anything political in the house, we just had to realize we cannot talk about it. I will share this with you. My wife was in line for over six hours on Friday. She hasn't said it to me, but I know in her heart she felt Beyonce was performing. He can't talk about it with her. He can't. He can't go haha, she didn't perform. He can't do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wants to stay married to her.
Speaker 1: Correct. So somehow they make it work, and that's what makes it work for them. But you, you did the story and you asked, I wonder if any of our listeners that's his share with us. He said, I know my wife stood in that line thinking that Beyonce was going to perform. She's not the only one. She's not the only one I did bring to the table on Friday when we were going back and forth whether or not we thought she was going to perform. They never lied. They never lied. Remember said she was not going to perform. People forget that. I called it. I said that Eminem didn't perform in Detroit, and Eminem brought out Kamala Harris and did not perform. That was all he did. Eminem two hundred million records, Beyonce two hundred million records. They're on equal. Eminem has sold more records than Beyonce, but they're they're right up there next to one and all same caliber. And uh that was the thing for me, Like Eminem didn't perform. Beyonce's production is probably more than Eminem's. I don't know, maybe they're the same. I just didn't think they could slap together. I don't think Beyonce just slaps together three or four songs to jam for people. I just think there's way too much involved, you know, with her production. Willie Nelson slings on a guitar. It's one hundred and eighty years old. He jams, no problem, you know, he jams. So he performed. But yeah, no, uh no Beyonce performance. I was devastated. You were devastated. Where Yeah, sports people waited in line a long time.
Speaker 4: It wasn't the walk.
Speaker 3: Off Grand Slam, it was Friday, it was Beyonce.
Speaker 5: It was really like, I was like, I can't would that had happened, and Beyonce played out.
Speaker 1: At least Beyonce played right. Anyone else co existing out there, married or maybe long term partner, that you guys are just completely on the opposite ends of your political beliefs. I like hearing that. I do I because I feel like we cannot coexist with the two sides, and if you're making it happen, I'm praising you. I'm praising this guy that sent me this email. He's like, we cannot talk in my house about this. That's fine. You're still married. It can work. That gives me hope. That really does give me hope. That's fine. There's a million other things to talk about other than politics, you know what, This show talks about a million other things other than politics.
Speaker 4: I think there's a lot of instances like this couple.
Speaker 1: Do you think there's a lot moving forward? Though, Like I think it happened a lot in the past. Does it happen that way moving forward?
Speaker 3: I think it's so common. I think it's so much more common than you think it is.
Speaker 1: I don't. I think I don't.
Speaker 5: Everybody is so heated with everybody, But then there's a lot of people that are like, look, I feel this way and I'm just not going to talk about it with you. I don't care that you feel differently about it. Yeah, I feel my way. I'm gonna just go about my life. I mean, there's a lot of people that do that, and I think a lot of times TV and just media makes you feel like everybody is just fighting with each other and everything they do.
Speaker 1: They pit the two against one another.
Speaker 5: But the majority of people I think are just and the level headed in the middle. This is Yeah, I look, I feel this way or I feel this way, but I'm not gonna fight you over that.
Speaker 4: I don't even think it's in middle.
Speaker 3: I think they're on opposite I I like, opposite ends of the spectrum. And they're just not that couple who's like gonna hold hands, take a picture of it and be like see.
Speaker 1: We get along.
Speaker 3: Like they're just, like Alex said, living their lives and that's the situation. They love their person and they just don't see it differently.
Speaker 1: What's important to.
Speaker 3: You, you know, maybe taxes, what's important to me, my body, my autonomy, Like that's not you know what I mean? Like this is there are different lanes, Like it's just different.
Speaker 1: I think it's great that email. I get it. It was funny to me. I think it's great that they're together. I really do that. That gives me hope. I think that's a great thing. I absolutely want to hundred percent to call now to win the best game in Houston. Who wants it? You know he wants to ask her about it. You know he wants to ask her about it.
Speaker 4: You want if ask her about him, go.
Speaker 1: Ask her about it and email me back. Please just bring it up, bro, all right, Texas Hammer Game. Now, Chilli's standing by. He's like, let's let's do something that care that people care about. Let's give away some tickets to Lincoln Park. Lincoln Park's playing Arlington on November eighth. If you think you could identify the song lyrics, Texas Hammer Game is for you. It's perfect for you. Seven one three two, win two five nine four five.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Matty four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. I see a few of you on board. It's not too late if you wanted to get in on the Texas Hammer Game. Seven one three, two one two five nine four five It's for those Lincoln Park tickets in Arlington today, nothing above a ten percent chance of rain, partly claude sky highs of around eighty eight before we start swinging our hammers. What's trending?
Speaker 3: The Hail Mary in the Commander's game was probably one of the craziest sports sports plays over the weekend.
Speaker 4: There were a lot, there were some good ones, but.
Speaker 1: This one Mary's always exciting.
Speaker 4: It was insane.
Speaker 3: So the Commanders were blocking with six that means they had one less receiver down there than most Hill Mary's to begin with. And the fact that is you know, tip drills right into the end zone was insane. I mean, I don't know any like it has to be a miracle play for the Washington Commanders to even be mentioned on this show. Ever, like ever, like, on what other instance would we ever talk about it?
Speaker 1: We just saw the video you were talking about. There were against the Bears.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, the Bears defender they had one less receiver with the Bears had one less defender.
Speaker 1: He was talking crap to defend the Bears player was completely uninvolved in the in the grouping of players, didn't see a snap and was just like taunting the fans like ha, game's over.
Speaker 4: Games O see him pointing to the crowd here.
Speaker 1: And then he goes to get involved in the play a little late, and then what happens happens. He was saying goodbye and taunting the fans and he ended up losing the game. It's a bad look. He has since tweeted about it and said the game's not over until the game's over, and he apologized. Second yea, what else?
Speaker 3: Also did you see? Adele caught Selene Dion in the crowd at her Las Vegans residency and she just bursts into tears and she is like.
Speaker 4: You know, just having a moment.
Speaker 3: Selene's saying I'm sorry to Adele is so Canadian of her. That's what someone's saying. She's like, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Like my presence here makes you act like this at your own chef.
Speaker 1: Adele doesn't have a lot of peers with her voice, and Selene is a peer, you know what I mean. Right, they're on that level together, which he really got emotional seeing her. That's on the Looking at Girls blog page? Did you did you happen to?
Speaker 5: Put?
Speaker 4: Sabrina Carpenter on the Looking at Girls blog page?
Speaker 3: She was a special guest at one of Taylor Swift's at New Orleans.
Speaker 4: I believe she came out.
Speaker 1: Well, she was here, that's why she was regionally. She was in the area, so she popped on the stage with her and then I think she did the show here last night.
Speaker 3: I believe she did Toyota Center. Was she at Toyota Center last night? I saw a couple of our listeners went to that show. So yeah, those are the things that are trending. On ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: This is DM Andler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer Game. All right, let's go line them up, chilling, I'm ready with Ryan Ryan on ninety four by the bun. All right, what are we giving away?
Speaker 3: We've got a pair of tickets to Lincoln Park at Globe Life Field in Arlington.
Speaker 1: Who that's coming up too? Man, it's November eighth, Lewis, Good morning, Hey, good morning, Welcome to the Texas Hammer Game. I'm gonna play you a clip of mister Adler, and you're gonna have to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. Okay, all right, ooh okay. I just took a look this one might be hard.
Speaker 12: All right, here we go, right, Hi, When I was King, played it hard and fast because I had everything.
Speaker 1: Ooh, this is gonna be a hard one. Alex Casey three two one, Oh, that was I'm sorry. That was Lewis. Sorry Lewis, Becca, Good morning, Geka, Hi, welcome too. Let's take a listen to the Texas Hammer here riding high.
Speaker 12: When I was King, played it hard and fast because I had everything.
Speaker 1: Name of the band, name of the song. Please now tic tic tic tick tick tick. Goodbye, Becca, Bye, goodbye, goodbye, good bye, goodbye. You lose, you get nothing. I'm sorry. I don't know why I just turned into Gene Wilder there. I'm sorry. I was just channeling Willy Wonka. All right seven one three, two one two, five nine four five. If you know it now, he is the scariest morning show on the planet. You were listening to the Ron Ryan Show. I stared rest on ninety four five ninety four or five buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Bob Roach getting Away with Murder. Welcome back from the weekend, everybody. I hope it was a great weekend for you. I'll get back to the Texas Hammer game and just a bit. I was a little let down this morning. Although Lizzo did do a good job, I didn't. I don't have like a full blog page like Looking at Girls is not just littered with all these awesome actresses and what their costumes were. A lot of people were did costumes this weekend. It was a big costume weekend if you were going to dress up for a party Friday Saturday. I saw people out. I saw it in my own Facebook feed. I saw friends out at different things. Lizzo did we talk about that. South Park was kind of getting on her a little bit recently, and they.
Speaker 4: Did like an ozebic episode on her.
Speaker 1: The oh well, I don't know if it was a whole episode, but part of I don't. I don't watch southar So I apologize for trying to explain something that I didn't technically see. I saw what it looked like. The ozempic drug that people were losing weight on was kind of called Lizzo.
Speaker 3: It was called Lizzo for people who wanted like to love themselves more. Like, you can't afford ozempic, that's fine, Why don't you just buy some Lizzo, because then you'll learn to love yourself.
Speaker 1: You don't lose anyway, and that's how you can afford Yeah. Yeah, Lizzle leaned into it. She went as that South Park parody for her Halloween costume, kind of like I'm going to take ownership of this, you know, and she already kind of commented on it and said she thought it was somewhat funny. Other than that, I guess we're kind of all waiting for geez, what's her name, what's the what's the actress? I'm sorry, the oh, I can't think of her name right now. She's the one that always wins Halloween with her costumes. Heidi Klume. I've got Heidi Klum on there with some kind of weird cone looking, missile looking Halloween bra thing, but she I don't think she comes out with her Halloween costume until Halloween. So I don't think she did anything this weekend because I saw a couple of other places kind of waiting. Heidi Kloom is absolutely the queen of Halloween. She does it better than everyone. Yes, she's got a full team of people working for her and everything else. So she is on the Looking at Girls blog page, but we don't have her yet, so maybe Lizzo won the weekend. I didn't really see a whole lot of other ones. Anne Hathaway, I got her on the Looking at Girls blog page. She went as something there's a couple of other Rando celebrities here and there, but I didn't see anything great from the weekend. Did you dress up? Are you glittering in the morning now or is that residue from some sort of a costume this weekend?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: This was Yeah, we did the glitter freckles on Saturday night.
Speaker 4: And they're still there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're rockets, some of them are there. I'm like, I don't know if you were putting those on in the morning.
Speaker 3: Now, No glitter application this morning. We went to a dueling piano bar on Saturday and it was so fun.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's where we that's where we all.
Speaker 1: Wore glitter as a girl. Dad, I understand the glitter is not easily. You need a blowtorch to take it off sometimes.
Speaker 4: Awesome.
Speaker 1: All right, this is DM Andler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer Game. I'll try on some of that glitter. No, we won't, Ron Ryan On. I don't think mister Adler wants glitter. I think he's good. I doubt it. I think he's good. Hey Travis, good morning, Good morning, Hey dude, how are you?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 1: Another day? Did you dress up for Halloween this weekend?
Speaker 9: I did not?
Speaker 1: Do you normally dress up for Halloween? Or you haven't done that since you were a kid. Yeah, I haven't done that since I was a kid. Yeah. Yeah, most people don't dress up. You want to play the Texas Hammer game? You get there, Okay, I'm gonna play you a clip of no glitter on his face at all. Uh, this is mister Adler. You need to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. Listen carefully, riding.
Speaker 12: High when I was king, played it hard fast because I had everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, what you got over there, I'm gonna say began began show me.
Speaker 4: With main skin, began mainsk.
Speaker 1: I'm giving that to him. I am given that to him. I think I might have called them when they first came out. I might have called him mainskin. Monuskin began Monuskin begging. I'm gonna give that to you, Travis. I don't know. I'm getting some weird looks in the room, but I'm giving it to you what are you giving him?
Speaker 9: Dude?
Speaker 3: You get the tickets to see Lincoln Park. Congratulations, this is in Arlington. It's a great concert to win and you've got it.
Speaker 1: All right? Nice? Yeah, I listen. If I was to read that for the first time on Google, I probably would have said that to a scary Ron Ryan Joe The Buzz tenty four or five The Buzz Good Morning Ryan Show. Monuskin begging a cover song of was it Frankie Valley in the Four Seasons? Oh? I did that original? I can't remember like that all was discovered on the show as normal. You guys know more than us. I think somebody had hit me to the fact that that was a cover song. But yeah, Monuskin Putney Claudi's guys today ten percent chance rain high of around eighty eight. You know, I just got a photograph from Ross and Ross said, hey, dude, this is what I dressed up as this weekend. And I said, I've bet a lot of people And I think I even said on the air a lot of people probably did dress up this weekend, all right. Pinned to the top of our Facebook page, right underneath Ross looking good in his e fit costume, drop a photo. If you dressed up this weekend, put it on our Facebook page. You can follow us easily at Rob Ryan's show and the post is right there, pinned to the very very top. Who had six picks?
Speaker 4: I did? I just I just resent them to Chili.
Speaker 1: I texted him.
Speaker 4: I said it, Hey, did you get my six picks?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 4: He says no, Okay, I said, I'll resend.
Speaker 5: It right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you dress up over the week under? No? No, no.
Speaker 3: I was at October Fest, so I did like a braid in my hair.
Speaker 4: I thought that was very I don't know German of me.
Speaker 3: Brady, Yeah, I was Brady and no, there were people dressed up with the Texans game I went on.
Speaker 4: I went yesterday, okay, and there was a lot of people dressed up in the crowd.
Speaker 1: It was cool, all right. So so well, let me make Chili's right there. I'll ask him you have the six picks. It was a big stretch, big stratch. Now it hasn't made it to my email yet. I'm refreshing emails and nothing twice.
Speaker 13: Now, okay, did you draw the pictures and take them to them?
Speaker 1: Hated them? I can't chill eat at The Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 3: I'm just not sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, let me know when you get them, let me know when they go up right now to to scratch my picture fix because I don't have Testa's six picks yet. I know a bunch of you must have dressed up this weekend. Hit us up on our Facebook page. Man, I'd like to see that thing fill up full of your costumes. I want to see because I really don't know what I'm doing Thursday yet, so if I can maybe steal one of your ideas, I will do that. I'm not about doing that on our Facebook page. Drop a pick man, We want to see you. Houston's rocking Alternatives The Rock LA This Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five ninety four, five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Lincoln Park's going to be a Globe light Field. I believe that's what it's called in Arlington. No Houston date right now, but they are playing November eighth. That show is coming up in a couple of weeks. We're giving away tickets all this week. The winner of today's Texas Hammer Game, he scored himself a pair of tickets, so Chili put those there for Day one Tomorrow. I think Chili Brown will be at eight twenty, and I think that's what you're going to be playing for tomorrow at eight twenty. Chili Brown could get you those Lincoln Park tickets. Today at a twenty, I'm gonna give away a Wall Nation tickets. Then we got a concert announcement to kind of slide in there, and we gotta figure out what this miow Wolf is all about.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited about that.
Speaker 1: I see it around town. Now, Wolf, like, what's going on? We'll get you in the know well, and we'll give away some stuff on not the show today. Temper cent chance of rain partly cloudy hies of around eighty eight rain is coming later this weekend, so that'll be a big story and our best chance is on Thursday. It still days off. All right, let's go what are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Well, it is the home stretch and we're in the final week of early voting, so the headline.
Speaker 4: Could tig used to go to the political candidates.
Speaker 3: Right, you had Kamala Harris and Donald Trump both making campaign stops in Texas on Friday. Trump head he taped the Joe Rogan podcast on Friday and then they release it over the weekend.
Speaker 4: You kind of had some.
Speaker 3: Stats on it earlier, how it's like the most listened to podcasts.
Speaker 4: It just broke records.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rogan's number one podcaster and he broke his own records, meaning I don't know who his most popular guest was before Friday. But Trump in twenty six million views in twenty four hours. Crazy crazy, So and I made a comment and I said, that's that might be more impressions than Trump got with all of his television campaign is TV ads. That's how important it was to go on Joe Rogan and to be on there for three hours is crazy.
Speaker 3: And you think about it, So going down and sitting down and having a conversation with someone for three hours versus I'm gonna go. I gotta fly to this state. I gotta fly to this state for tonight's rally.
Speaker 1: I gotta.
Speaker 4: I mean, those things take a lot of energy.
Speaker 3: You gotta kind of look at the reward the impression yet, right for just sitting down with someone who has this mega platform.
Speaker 1: So I feel like.
Speaker 4: There will be a shift.
Speaker 3: You know, the more you know, elections later, elections later, people are gonna start sitting down for more of these podcasts with some of these people who you know, have no political you know, they don't have a lot of political experience.
Speaker 4: They are just podcasters.
Speaker 1: But on the other side, that free Beyonce concert on Friday, Okay, so there was no concert.
Speaker 3: Kamala Kamala. Harris's campaign never said that Beyonce was going to perform, but a lot of people thought it was implied or maybe that they assumed. They were assuming that she would and were really swirling around this campaign event that was in Houston on Friday.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised. I guess I'm not surprised. It's politics. Everything goes. They kind of got everybody was led to believe that maybe Beyonce was going to perform at the Democratic National Convention. Remember TMZ said, Oh, Beyonce is going to be there and maybe perform. It didn't happen.
Speaker 3: Beyonce's camp was like, we never said.
Speaker 1: That got him again because they never said she was performing, but they didn't say she wasn't.
Speaker 3: Right, So so outside looking in, you know, I thought hometown jazzed about the election. Maybe we get a Beyonce song. You said, you know, Beyonce does have this huge production, like like, she's not just gonna get up there and just perform one song, like there seems to happen to be a lot of moving parts in order to get her to maybe do some singing. Willie Nelson sung, Wllly Nelson performed. He got up there, So Beyonce just delivered a speech. The audience got to listen to Willie. But did the attendees if you went, did you feel slided? Did you feel Harris, Well, that's kind.
Speaker 1: Of what I that's kind of what I think.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Okay, no, if you're jazzed about the election, this is what you're there for.
Speaker 4: You're here for democracy.
Speaker 1: You know, you can't be upset if you.
Speaker 3: Don't get a beyond Beyonce concerts.
Speaker 1: There were people that thought that Beyonce was playing and that's why they went.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so sure, that's really that's those are really the bigger stories. I had mentioned this NASA astronaut that SpaceX Dragon capsule splashed down on Friday and it had four NASA astronauts. One of them needed medical attention. They medical incidents, so they had to be taken to the hospital for an overnight's stay. But NAS to just announce that, hey, the crew member is in good health and we'll resume normal post fight reconditioning with the other crew members. So that's what's going on there, all right? Is being hungry a real thing? Anyone ever get hungry?
Speaker 1: I've seen it. I don't. I get really hungry, but I don't like take it out on other people. I've seen people get angry.
Speaker 4: Like for irritable.
Speaker 3: Irritable, like maybe you skip breakfast and now you like the hunger you get, the more mad you get.
Speaker 1: But if it's your fault that you're hungry and then you become hungry, like take it out on everyone, yeah, Like there's no excuse. Yeah, you know, get it, you're hungry, maybe you're in a situation where you can't get at some food or whatever. But when you start taking it out on other people because you're hungry, it's like, how did you get into this position? Why don't you plan ahead?
Speaker 3: Well, I will say. I will say one time I was on a road trip with my my best friend and her husband and they had already and I said, guys, I haven't eaten, like I really I'm.
Speaker 4: Really hungry, you know.
Speaker 3: But we were on a road trip and so we're driving driving like, hey, there's a gas station right there. That was the one time I'm like, hey, jerks, I told you I'm hungry.
Speaker 1: I need you to pull over. Is there a real famous girl that wants to go to wingstop? She's screaming at her friends like, I haven't eaten all that, hude, I just want That's what I'm saying, is like when you're in a situation where you're with your friends, like name all eating, but you like show you like, hey.
Speaker 4: Are we gonna be Oh?
Speaker 1: We already ate?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, like I'm gonna die if I don't get some food. But anyway, not eating also drops your blood sugar. It can make you produce more of this stress hormone cortisol, and you also make less of the feel good hormone serotonin. So ninety percent of that is producing your gut. Like that's why people are so jazzed about gut health right now. Your gut is like really connected to all your other moods and how you're acting, and how your body's maybe gaining weight or losing weight.
Speaker 1: So, according to.
Speaker 3: An expert, the five best foods to snack on if you want to avoid being angry, are crunchy vegetables, chickpeas, Greek yogurt, berries and almonds.
Speaker 1: There we go, bird, I don't know, dude.
Speaker 4: There have some berries and almonds.
Speaker 3: Go have some berries and came Puerto Rican Stars Bad Bunny, Ricky Martin, Lewis Fonsie, and Jennifer Lopez are backing Democratic presidential candidate Vice President Kamala Harris. This after a comedian at a Trump rally in New York City called Puerto Rico a floating island of garbage on Sunday night. So Bad Bunny had posted online in support of Harris earlier in the day. Lopez mentioned a message of support, while Fonsie referred to it as a lack of respect.
Speaker 1: Basically, I think the whole eight concessions to certain jokes and stuff, So this one probably wasn't the right time. I'm sure he maybe tells this in his normal set, but this.
Speaker 3: One it was way worse. His podcast is way worse.
Speaker 1: I don't know this guy. I don't know him at all.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's a lot of shock factor comedy. A recent stud he looked at.
Speaker 3: Two thousand wedding lists wedding playlists on Spotify to find the most popular songs. If you've attended a wedding recently, there's a chance you've probably heard these on the chance for mister Brightside played at Alex ke Middleton's wedding. Number four, so definitely in the top. The number one song Whitney Houston's I.
Speaker 4: Want to Dance with Somebody?
Speaker 1: Is this played at your wedding, Alex? I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Dancing Queen was right.
Speaker 5: Dancing Queen probably, what I do know it got hazy after sir, true.
Speaker 1: You know what else was on the list? Shut up and danced? You played that at your weddings. I'm almost I almost remember them moments. Oh hi, Hi, there we go, there we go. Yeah. Texans got to win yesterday. It held on to beat the Colts twenty three to twenty.
Speaker 5: The defense came out with a clutch sack the last play of the game, and the Colts quarterback Anthony Richardson forgot that you have to throw the ball on a hail Mary.
Speaker 1: Texans are now six and two on the season.
Speaker 5: They'll play their next game Halloween Thursday Night Football when they take on the Jets in New York On Monday Night Football.
Speaker 1: TJ.
Speaker 5: Watt and the Steelers host Dexter Lawrence and the Giants. Steelers are six point favorites. Spent all of your money on that. Kickoff is at seven fifteen. You can watch it on ESPN, ABC. Maybe you want to go watch some football in person. I got a pair of tickets to College.
Speaker 1: Ten right now nine five.
Speaker 5: You want to go see the U of H Koog's host Kansas State this Saturday at td ECU Stadium, Paula ten seven one, three, two two five nine for five.
Speaker 1: Those tickets are yours.
Speaker 5: In baseball, Yankees and Dodgers are gonna play Game three of the World Series tonight in New York.
Speaker 13: Dodgers are up two zero in that series.
Speaker 5: Clark Schmidt is gonna be on the mound for New York, going up against la Is Walker.
Speaker 1: Buehler.
Speaker 5: First pitches at seven o eight and you can watch it on Fox. And basketball, Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna play the Spurs in San Antonio. Tip offs at seven. You can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. And in soccer, Houston Donald FC. You're gonna play their first playoff game tonight. They've got the Seattle Sounders in game one of this best of three series that'll start at eight and you can watch it on Apple TV and FS one.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 6: The Rod Royce The Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Four five to bars Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Half point part of the show People Party claudis ten percent chance of rain, high of eighty eight rain coming this week, increasing chance each and every day. I'm happy about it. I'm a little bummed. I'm trying not to get too over I'm not trying to get too worked up about it because Thursday is our best chance of rain and hopefully it's maybe during the day. But you know, you don't want kids getting rained on you go out there and the tricks and the treats and all that. It's already dangerous enough. I mean, it's well documented that Halloween night is one of the most dangerous days behind the wheel of a car, and you don't need rain on top of that. So just kind of thinking in those terms. So we'll see, We'll let the week play out like we have any control over it. Jillie's got your pictures off. Let's go Tessa with six picks. You started down in Galveston over the weekend and you tap the keg again. You're like the You're like miss october Fest, aren't dude?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's like my gig right now?
Speaker 1: What are you doing with that wind instrument in your hand?
Speaker 4: You know, just filling in for one of the Tube of Maisters.
Speaker 3: The Tube of Misters play all Octoberfest in Texas and they're.
Speaker 1: Just set the vibes. They just set the.
Speaker 4: Vibes, right.
Speaker 1: No, I know it's not yours because I don't think that's a tuba.
Speaker 4: I guess like with the Tuba Meisters. That's the name of my band.
Speaker 1: Okay, But what am I playing?
Speaker 4: What instrument is that?
Speaker 1: I can't remember. I want to make sure that you know it's I definitely know, I can't remember. It's it's a wind horn.
Speaker 4: It's a horn.
Speaker 1: It's not a French horn, a wind horn. I forgot what that one was called. It's a smaller tuba, but yeah, I forgot. It's a brass instrument. Get off me, all right. And then there's the girls.
Speaker 3: Okay, so those girls I don't know, okay, but they are fans of the show, and they came because they heard me talking about it.
Speaker 1: On this show. All right, well, now I'm scrolling down the girls.
Speaker 4: Those are the girls.
Speaker 1: The girls. Yeah, girls, well there, but yeah, like those are like my daughters, you know. All right, and then tell me about you made it down on the field. I see you and Andre Johnson in his Hall of Fame jacket and you're on the field behind him. Yeah that's me and him. How does that work? Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: He had a pretty busy day.
Speaker 1: He had a pretty busy day.
Speaker 3: So like anytime I try to get a little close to get a pictures, just like he was just swarmed. He was like the Texans defense just swarming everywhere.
Speaker 1: I'll be more specific. Most people weren't down on the field after the game.
Speaker 3: Oh other john had two extra bracelets for a postgame experience where they let like for like families and whoever go down and you can kick field goals and you can play catch. But they had Andre down there with a bunch of texts like legends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah it was a thing for like Cowboys fans. But it's like, this is what it's like when a team wins end Sunday you know what.
Speaker 4: It was so nice.
Speaker 3: And in line, one of the listeners from the show, his name is Chris, and he was he was like, eh, you know, he goes, you're Jessica, right, no, and he goes, hmm, what's your name? And I it's Tessa test So that's right, that's right. Aren't you a Cowboys fan?
Speaker 1: But it so loud? How do you answer that? I said, dude, Well, first I.
Speaker 4: Said, please keep it down, Like, why don't you say shut up?
Speaker 13: First of all, it's straight there under the carpet.
Speaker 3: So I said, I'm team Cowboys game all all season.
Speaker 4: I'm not watched Texans.
Speaker 1: This is the team that brings me joy.
Speaker 4: This team that's in my city.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I'm here, Andre Johnson here and they and.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys never sent me a jersey with a customized jersey with my name spelled wrong on the back, but the Texans did, so I feel like I at least saw that to them. You know, they show me love, I show them Loyalty.
Speaker 1: Can be purchased. That's right, Okay, great pictures, Testa six picks are up. We can go to a world go to the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot Com quick Break, we'll come back, we'll find out what's trending. We'll see if we get those trending over the milf is number one link this morning. But we have a Wall Nation tickets. We have a Walt Nation tickets coming up as well. Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 6: Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Twenty four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show on a Monday, Welcome back for the weekend. Everybody, well, I gotta go check. So we talked about Testa's six picks are up. But I also I started getting a few of you guys that maybe we're out at Halloween parties over the weekend. You started sending me your pictures, and I said, let's get these up on Facebook, pinned to the top of our Facebook page. I know this isn't trending, but it's for me. I like it. I like seeing you guys. If you had a picture taken, if you got if you dressed up over the weekend, drop that on our Facebook page. All right, I'd like I'd love to see it. I'm gonna go look at that right now.
Speaker 3: What's trending you look at a girl's bog page is doing well. Yeah, Lily Allen, Heidi Rom, Heidi Rom, Heidi klum Chapel, Roon, Lizzo and Adele. We kind of already mentioned the Lizo stuff. Her dressing up as like her ozembic medicine from the South Park episode I thought was pretty iconic. That's really funny. What is chaperone talking about? She's upset with a photographer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think everybody knows that the paparazzi and these photographers they don't always say nice things to people, and they want them to maybe make a face or a scholar reaction and then they'll grab that photograph and then they'll use it. So, I mean, you're in that position. Chaperone is now super famous. I know most I would say ninety percent of audists is like, who the hell you talking about? Right now? She's pretty famous. Right now. People are saying things to her, and she's walking red carpets and things. It's been done forever, but she wants individual apologies from everybody. Now. It's like, Okay, you're star. It's not excusing the scumbag photographers. It's not excusing them, but it's been done for years. Just go smile and wave and move on. Yeah, or just skip these red carpets if it's if it's really upsetting you, I know you shouldn't have to, but just bypass all that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, So that's looking. Let's looking at girls blog.
Speaker 1: And I don't know who shepalone is either. Yeah, I know, I know her name. I see her every day in the news age.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hot to Go is great, and then the Pink Pony Club Kink Pony Club is also very good.
Speaker 4: I think Rod would really like that one.
Speaker 1: The hard Pass Gift.
Speaker 3: The home that Friends star Matthew Perry died in one year ago today has been sold.
Speaker 4: So I believe.
Speaker 3: Matthew Perry's mom did an interview and she says that he had actually came up to her and told her how much he loves her before he died. She was on the Today Show and yeah, she she was just talking about their last interaction. It was kind of a heartfelt moment. That's kind of going viral right now.
Speaker 1: It's one year today, the anniversary of his death.
Speaker 3: And then, you know, not as strong as the milk yet, but my six picks climbing up there people taking a look at that.
Speaker 4: I had such a busy weekend.
Speaker 3: If couldn't tell my voice, man, I'm I'm.
Speaker 4: Glad I'm back at work so I can rest. And that's what's trending. On eighty four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, uh, you got some tickets to give away? I do a well.
Speaker 3: Nation's gonna be at House of Blues April first takeets around tel now at takingmaster dot com.
Speaker 4: But we got a pair for.
Speaker 1: Someone, all right? Seven one, three, two, nine four five? Are we about to do what? I think we're about to do? Here?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 1: Are we gonna do this? What? First time this year?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, right to it? Can I apologize to all Christa's right now? Don't mean can I? We love this song, It's all this is just parody. We love you if your name is krista fine joke. We think you're a fine upstanding person if your name is Krista. But not according to this. Here's the Ron Ryan Show.
Speaker 9: Halloween is almost here, ladies. You know what that means. Time to dress like a slut back now to get the best costumes. At flut City, we had the fluttiest costume since then on Mess you wore last year city. Flut City has floody pirates, bloody Bapire's letty nards for cats gaging.
Speaker 1: Our costumes are all sluts, all the time.
Speaker 9: If you're not that pretty slut City, check out the new fluady door, Slutty Braves, Slutty Tangle. We have all the sludy princesses. If it ain't floody, we don't have it. It's slut City guy section. We don't have a guy section. You're wearing you're a god. If guys has been more than five seconds on a costume.
Speaker 1: They are a douche. We're a T shirt. You gooche.
Speaker 9: Slut City is all about the sluts, slut sity, taking the tour, and of dressing like a whore for Halloween. Ask you about our sludy Kardashian fat suit butts. Thank you as contum we have what optional beer.
Speaker 1: Get it now. It's slut City. Shoot slut City free parking and rear.
Speaker 9: Extra five percent off if your name is Krista, because Christa's are sluts crusts.
Speaker 14: The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five, Buzz.
Speaker 1: Bound Out ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning Rod Ryan Show on this mill Monday, number one link today. I mean even had time to go look at it. I've been looking at all your photos. I want to talk about all your photos that you guys are dropping on our Facebook page this morning. Thank you. I love seeing you guys out in the wild. Ten percent chance of rain today, rain increasing throughout the week, partly cloudy eyes of around eighty eight. We got some tickets to give to you right here, Good morning, good morning, Well hello, who is this? This is Lauren Laurie. You get involved in all that dressing up for Halloween around this time of year.
Speaker 9: No, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 1: You're not doing it. She's like, nope, Nope, you're gonna do it. Matt gonna do it. A lot of listeners did dress up. I enjoy it. I think it's fun. Hey your callor ten. Congratulations. I'm gonna give you some tickets. Oh my god, yeah, what are you giving her?
Speaker 3: You get the A Wall Nation tickets see House and Blues.
Speaker 4: They belong to you. Have the best time at that show.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you. Out of twenty years to listen, first time ever even got through. How is that possible? Come on, I don't know twenty years you've been listening. Thank you number one. Thank you for that I'm really from the bottom of my heart, Lourie, thank you. I will now I have a grandson that listens every morning going to school. That's awesome. Yeah, that's so awesome. Thank you. Have a great day, have a great time at that show. What you've earned these? Thank you waited long enough? All right, thank you, Laurie. Hang on for me. She's not dressing up. No, she doesn't have to get off her, get off her. She doesn't mean to do anything. She's been listening to the show for twenty years now. She's got a grandkids listening. You do what you want, Laurie. Although I am loving all of your costumes. Great job. Pinned to the top of our Facebook page. Somebody got me started with a picture and I said, okay, I got a feeling a bunch of these. You're going to come in you be proactive about it. Pin to the top of our Facebook page. Hey guys, did you dress up this weekend? Boom? Drop a picture and show everybody. Somebody's dog was a cassette.
Speaker 11: So good.
Speaker 1: They put their pets in there, the pets kids. Everything goes, man, everything goes. There's some funny ones on there. There's some really funny ones. It's really good costumes. I've never been good at Halloween. I love Halloween number two holiday after Christmas for me and the country about money spent more and the involvement of people. Halloween's number two. I've just never been good at it.
Speaker 4: Some people don't want to get good. I feel like you're good at it.
Speaker 3: I feel like your house is always, yeah, decked out, it is decked out.
Speaker 4: That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: That's like spreading joy through your Halloween decorations.
Speaker 1: I've never I've never been awesome at Some people just know like a costume and they nail it every year, like, oh my god, of course that's a perfect one. Yeah, or that's great. I saw the Australian Breakdancer a couple of times, ray Gun, and it's really smart just to jump on that. But there's even just old ones. I mean, like a couple's costume, like Cheach and Shawn. That was laughing. It was funny to me seeing that couple. They were great. They were just good. It was just really really good. I don't feel like anyone's ever seen me dressed up ever in the history of me dressing up and said, wow, Rod really nailed that, Like I just don't ever feel like it.
Speaker 3: You stood out in your space astronaut one.
Speaker 1: That's just that's off the rack on the back. Yeah, you know what i mean.
Speaker 4: Extra you're saying that was going.
Speaker 1: I'll say this. If any of you that are dressed up in these pictures and you show up and you're the one that's trick or treating, I'm gonna give you candy. I'm not on board with the adults trick or treating. I've been that. That's been my stance since day one. Am I gonna say no, Am I gonna get into it with somebody? Absolutely not. Okay. Now, there's plenty of parents that are out there. They got little little kids and they gotta assist the little baby. You know what I mean. I get what's going on there. But when you see the kids and then the parents also have their sack, that's weird to me. It's like weird, like Disney adults is weird to me too, Like just things that are weird to me. I'm not denying anybody candy that comes up and says trick or treat? What does America think we talk about this every year? Should there be some sort of a cut off age and age limit for trick or treating. I would talk about my mom every year that these six footers that are like seventeen years old, that are just wearing a hoodie and no costume. They're the ones that are pounding on the door at nine oh five. All the lights are out and they're wanting treats now And like, my mom's scared to death. You don't want that. No, you're not even in costume. Yeah, and then you open the door, they don't see anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your mom's definitely not obligated to give them treats.
Speaker 1: There are towns now in the time that we've been doing this, they're talking about this. There are towns that have age limits now on trick or treating. I'm not about more government. I'm not about like putting all these rules and restrictions and all of that stuff. But and again, I don't know that I would vote for it. I'm just telling people to use common sense. They have towns that have trick or treating age limits now. Deerfield Township in New Jersey, the age limit was twelve. Like that's it. Like do you get arrest Do you get arrested at thirteen? Trick or treating. No, But they're just trying to set some sort of a boundary to say, hey, this is best practices. I think I don't think there's any threatening of any sort of legal action on the kids. It's like, hey, all right, five thousand Americans, how old is too old to go trick or treating? Most people said somewhere in your teenage years. Forty three percent said between thirteen and sixteen. That's a pretty wide open gap. Let's even go sixteen. Is seventeen too weld to go trick or trading? Is seventeen too old to vote?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Probably? Were you like a senior in high school?
Speaker 1: I was a senior at seventeen. Same. I didn't trick or treating in twelfth grade, eleven tenth. I think I knocked it off at ninth grade. Ninth grade was like middle school for me. High school once I got into high school, ten eleven and twelve was high school for me. I didn't go trick or trading ninth grade. I might have gone out for a couple of hours. I think I went.
Speaker 4: When I was a freshman. Me and my girlfriends went out, so we were who it is?
Speaker 1: Sixteen year older was the most common answer was yeah, and they gave people. Okay, some people think the caughtup should be even you. Ten percent said twelve years believe it or not, three percent had eleven years, eleven twelve let people trigger treat for God's sakes. One in three people, well, twenty seven percent said no age limit. So again, am I voting for no age limit? Probably not. I think sixteen is probably enough. But if you ask me for a candy, I'm going to give you these ridiculously small bite size whatever I have. Well, I'm not gonna say no to anybody. I'll give you the Ball of Superman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have one slurp one s per treating.
Speaker 1: I did get a couple full size little boxes. Jack, listen, Uh, it's not for you. It's not for you.
Speaker 4: No saying it for like a costume that wows you?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 1: Either that or like the neighbor kids that I know, Like when you were young, when your neighbors recognized you, did you get a little extra like oh hey you're oh yeah Rodney Ryan, you had a little extra.
Speaker 3: No, and if they can recognize me, my costume sucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, we couldn't get too elaborate out there. Sometimes was very cold can give you less.
Speaker 3: Candy if they saw Alan The rod Ryan Show on ninety.
Speaker 1: Four Radio Service ninety four or five the buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's Show, shine down symptom of being human typing milk Monday to everybody, October twenty eight. I mentioned one other time this morning that hey, this is going to be the last week to get into the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. Our Boobs Rock merchandise is there. You can get in on that hoodie. Guys. At some point, it's going to be cold here. You're gonna need something thicker than a T shirt and shorts. We have an amazing hoodie. It's a it's a next level hoodie. It's nice. It's not a Gilden Real thick one that you know they just kind of give away as promotional ones. It is a nice hoodie that we got that in the store. It's a twentieth anniversary which is all year twenty anniversary, and then the Phony Rock Concert, the Phony Festival shirt that features Voodoo on the cover on the front of the shirt, and then all the funny band names and everything is on the back. I've seen a couple of those in the wild and it's fun to see that shirt out and asking people their reaction because you can kind of walk around with that and I know it says scabby Jina on the back, But no one's reading your shirt, Unlass, you're stuck in a long line maybe at the DMV or something. When people do read it, I bet you they're laughing.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's so funny. I specifically made Travis wear it so I could just read it.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. So those shirts limited edition. We just put them up last late last week. They'll be up all week. You can get in on this stuff. You want to make a last minute donation, that would be huge. It's all benefiting m D Anderson. Do I have a winner? I mean, we're not even doing a contest, But do I have a winner? Do I have a favorite already?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 1: It's out to go now. This guy, full disclosure, looks exactly like jelly Rolling. Okay. One of our listeners dropped the photograph. Okay, Zach Taylor Glass, he looks just like jelly Roll. He grabbed a sharpie marker and made about six marks and wrote Noah above his eyeball. Oh my god, right now he's hitting that might not I mean he's gonna have to go his Jelly roll every year unless Jelly Roll. I mean, I know, Jelly just lost one hundred pounds, but he still looks the same to me. This costume costume. He's got the cross, he's got the thing and the thing and the thing and the line over the eye. It's so funny. It's like boom, you're throwing a T shirt. You're jelly roll. You're winning, You're winning. There's somebody that has there's a what did it, Old Greg? There's a woman I had you come and take a look. There's a chick on there. She's Old Greg. It's an old, old viral video. I think before we were calling him viral videos. I'm a old Greg, fuzzy little man peach. She went as Old Greg. It's awesome. It probably took her two hours to get ready, you know what. It took zact five minutes. And he might have might he might beat her in a cost contest. He looks so much like Jommy Rolls. It's so good. It's great. It's so good, dude, all right, I think Cassette dog, the cassette dog is awesome. What's what's the cassette the cassette cast. The cassette Dog is really funny. Yeah, please, I mean speak English, pie. This is why I like the Monday selfie so much. I wish we could go for some reason every Monday for you guys to just throw pictures on our Facebook page. I love seeing what you guys are up to. If you dressed up over the weekend, I want to see you. I want to second to get to it didn't take five minutes. No, it's perfect. I mean it's yeah. I mean, if you put in if you just put a little tinfoil on one of his teeth, just getting motivational. Oh my god, so funny. Thank you guys, keep dropping those pictures. Rock and Alternative, The Ryan Morning Show six to A All right, here we go ninety four five The bus Food Fighters had learned to fly. Dave Grohl is still in hiding. I haven't been looking for it, but nothing's come across. Has anyone even seen Dave in the wild? Has anybody captured him at Costco or like grocery shopping like like a Dave?
Speaker 4: Has there been a sighting of Dave groll?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 1: Has he not left the house? Is he completely married? You gotta leaking on his family.
Speaker 4: He's regaining their trust.
Speaker 1: Man, you gotta get off campus though, you know a little bit. Well, you know what happens when he goes off campus. Yeah, that's true. But no one has seen one, right, Like I have not seen a Dave girl picture, Like, hey, he was spotted out here with anything, even if he's with his kids or wherever. I have not nothing since the since the bombshell announcement that he fathered a child outside of his marriage. Yeah, nor have I seen that chick talking with the baby. I don't know how much money they gave her. Like, hey, you gotta keep this quiet. I plan on being involved in this kid's life. Shut up, don't say anything. Don't go talking to people unless you say something. She's not out on tour either, you know what I mean. Like, boy, they are doing a good job of keeping this thing contained. Like nothing I've ever seen party Claudi's guy's ten percent chance of rain hides of around eighty eight today one final time test at Houston's headline.
Speaker 3: Let me click back because I was like googling Dave girls, sighting anything?
Speaker 4: No, nothing, dude. Election Day is now just over a week away.
Speaker 1: We're in the home stretch.
Speaker 4: It's the final week of early voting.
Speaker 1: I went Friday, got in, I got out. Guys, it was Thursday Friday. I'm going today too.
Speaker 4: That's cool, Alex, You're really good.
Speaker 1: Day. You just vote once, bro day, do you?
Speaker 13: I don't think if you keep going, they can't tell you to stop.
Speaker 1: It's trouble they can.
Speaker 3: Former President Trump continuing his push for the White House, holding a rally at Madison Square guarded in New York City last night. House speaker Mike Johnson, Elon Musselania Trump, Robert F. Kennedy all spoke at the event along with the former president, who promised to fix what he said.
Speaker 4: Kamala Harris is broken now.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Kamala, she was here in Houston on Friday, and a lot of people are like, Okay, why the hell did Beyonce perform?
Speaker 4: I thought this was going to be a Beyonce concert.
Speaker 3: I thought I was going to get to see my girl at least do one or two songs. She didn't sing. She did deliver a speech. The audience got a performance from Willie Nelson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Willie Nelson strapped on a guitar.
Speaker 3: So, if you were an attendee, did you feel ripped off? Did you feel slighted or did you or were you there for democracy? And were you jazzed about the whole thing?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: So I need to know how the attendees felt. We had a listener say his wife went. She didn't say she was disappointed, but they sit on opposite sides of the aisle, and he knows he thinks in his heart, well, he knows that.
Speaker 4: In her heart she was a little disappointed that Beyonce didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he knew that she was disappointed that Beyonce they didn't perform. That was her thought standing in line for I don't know how many hours.
Speaker 4: So we have that going on.
Speaker 3: We have comedian Tony Hinchcliffe kind of uh, you know, I don't know if like his jokes didn't land with a lot of people square, yeah say that. Yeah, I think people are upset. And now the Trump campaign is trying to distance themselves away from this one joke where he referred to Puerto Rico as a floating island of garbage in the middle of the ocean. So yeah, the senior advisor from the Trump campaign is like, hey, that doesn't reflect the views of the former president or our campaign.
Speaker 4: So throwing that out there.
Speaker 3: Now, all the presidents, okadidents who aren't named Trump or Kamala had a debate last Wednesday, and if you haven't seen it, the national anthem singer that got the party going dropped multiple f bombs hearing the song.
Speaker 1: Oh my God, Who's drives? What's your name? Singer Loomis Loomy's you know her, no clue?
Speaker 13: He sounds like that means light and Harry Potter smell.
Speaker 1: It's not good. None of it's good, but it gets bad. So here's what she does. Here we go get Can I go back? Can I go back?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 1: She wants to go back. The Floria director says, we're live, so she jumps back into it. So good for her. She does jump back into it, but it's just it's not good. It's not good.
Speaker 4: She did issue an apology yesterday.
Speaker 3: She says she got nervous, she panicked, and she felt bad because her family, including her dad, who's an Army veteran.
Speaker 4: We're all watching.
Speaker 3: She told TMZ she was fine with it, though, she says, because failure is greatness sometimes.
Speaker 1: And we're talking about it.
Speaker 12: There we go.
Speaker 1: Now we know Loomis Loomy's.
Speaker 3: Investors in the original John Wick didn't want the scene where the puppy dies, and they pitched happier ending when where it survives. But Keanu Reeves was against it, and he fought the idea and it ended up being a successful thing to double down on. So Keanu stood up for one of the directors who said, no, this has kind of got to be part of his villain his not his villain, but his origin story as John Wick.
Speaker 4: So you can you can blame Kano for that, for that uncomfortable scene.
Speaker 1: People that are really into that franchise have explained it to me that that's the source of all of his pain, right for moving forward with every other movie is getting everybody back.
Speaker 3: For the dog, Like, yeah, do you understand how bad these people are? They kill puppies, Like that's what we're dealing with here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Weezer is gonna release are Well. They have released a pre fame song. It's called Superman. It's ahead of the thirtieth anniversary edition box set a blue album. So Superman is also subtitled Garage Practice and guys, that's exactly what it is. This is a long time friend, collaborator and banded historian Carl Koch says. The liner notes that the band didn't roll tape at practice, saying it only happened twice. So we have that nineteen ninety two recording on the bog page tree to listen to.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: I had a million recordings in mom's basement that sounded just like this. Gotta start somewhere recording recorded on a boombox. I love it. I love it. That's on the music blog page.
Speaker 5: They just said a really good cover Here Comes My Girl from Tom Petty, and they played it on TV show Bad Monkey on Apple Plus.
Speaker 13: Weezer did it did It was a really cool cover. I highly recommend checking it out.
Speaker 1: They're a good cover. Ban In football, Texans got a win yesterday. They held on to beat the Colts twenty three to twenty.
Speaker 5: Colts Anthony Richardson forgot that you got to throw the ball when it's a hail Mary and was sacked on the final play of the game. So shout out to the Texans defense for capitalizing on that. Texans are now six and two on the season. They're gonna play their next game on Thursday, Halloween Night, when they take on the Jets. In a very spooky matchup. Wo Jets are already kind of dead, so that you're playing ghosts. On Monday Night Football, TJ. Watt and the Steelers host Dexter Lawrence and the Giants, and the Steelers are six point favorites. If I were a bettingman, I would bet all of my money that I own on the Steelers. Tonight kickoffs at seven fifteen. You can watch it on ESPN and ABC. And Baseball, Yankees and Dodgers play Game three of the World Series tonight in New York. Dodgers lead the series two games, and then Clark Schmidt is going to be on the mound for New York. He'll be going up against LA's Walker Viewler first pitches at seven o eight. You can watch it on Fox. This is my own personal hell, getting to watch both of my teams lose at the same time.
Speaker 1: Bro simultaneously. I'll say that you haven't always handled things well on this show, and I know that you are in sports hell right now. Yes, and I feel like you're doing a pretty good job. I appreciate it, tall an ass all. I know that you're not doing well. I'm not okay, straight up time, dude, never let him see you a sweat, right, right.
Speaker 5: And basketball Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna play the Spurs in San Antonio tipbops at seven. You can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety on the sports blog page. Today, the Heat unveiled a statue of Dwayne Wade. Oh my, a legend for them. So if you want to, if you want to see some accolades. He has fifteen seasons with the Heat, three championships, their all time leader in points, games, assists, and steals, and he now has one completely unrecognizable statue of himself.
Speaker 6: Is like.
Speaker 1: Bad, this might be worse. So the all time okay, we've talked about this before, the all time worst, like Lucy lucille Ball. This is this is that level scary, Lucy. If you I'm telling you, you google this lucille Ball. How did that artist, how did they get chosen to be the one to make the statue? And then they actually took it down. There was such bad, there was such an outright the little seal ball one. This one not looks like a bad man. It's awful. It looks like an old man, is it because the beard. I mean, listen, this is just all wrong, but have to get it improved.
Speaker 13: Like somebody had to look at this like this doesn't look anything.
Speaker 3: Like Dwayne's, say Kelsey Grammar five hundred years ago.
Speaker 1: Five hundred years ago, with crude instrumentation, they were making better statues than this. How is this possible?
Speaker 3: It looks like Kelsey Grammer and John Cryer Kelsey Grammer, they just don't have statue makers the way they use a.
Speaker 5: Full awful statue. A sports blog page today, definitely go take a look at that though. And then in soccer using dynam WEFC is gonna play their first playoff game tonight. We'll take on the Seattle Sounders in game one of this best of three series that starts at eight. You can watch it on Apple TV and FS one. Let's go Dynamo. That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: The Buzz Rock Andal Ryan Morning shown four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Well, thank you so much for having a song nine to eight. I guess we should maybe if you get me some of that in there please. I got a little concert announcement and some tickets to give to you. I had mentioned that we had a concert announcement and some tickets for you. I wanted to mention three things you must see today. I didn't know if this was even an option. Have you even gotten this far, Tessa? As far as I mean, do you want to be buried in the ground? Do you want to be cremated? I don't think that. I don't think ground burials are going to be a thing. Yeah, I mean later on, moving forward, I think real estate and I think people are going to look at it as a waste of a space. Yeah, cemeteries are being moved in all this business. I just get cremated. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't have a I don't have a huge preference.
Speaker 3: I always see the like in my wildest dreams, I am put in one of those pods and I become a tree. But I don't think that after I go, I don't know if my family's going to execute that. So maybe just yeah, cream may throw me in the ocean. That's fine, so fine.
Speaker 1: I've heard of doing things with ashes and doing some fun things.
Speaker 7: Never this.
Speaker 1: A woman in the UK posted a video this is on three Things you Must See. Her grandfather passed away, her family honored him. They put his ashes into fireworks, and they went to the beach and they set them off at his favorite spot and the fireworks were Grandma, I saw that this is cool. This is really really cool because there also is the whole ashes thing and do you want them in an urn? Would you like some of them scattered somewhere that was special to you? Disney does not allow this, but everyone still doesn't. I know, but Disney, they say, that's definitely not You're not supposed to be doing this. So they go to his favorite beach and that's his favorite spot. And I got the video of the fireworks and the family reacting to the fireworks. It's Grandpa, that would be cool.
Speaker 5: It's really cool if you did it for like especially, like, hey, save my ashes in the fireworks for a cool occasion, like somebody getting married that we care about. If my team wins something big, like yeah, firework, this is for him.
Speaker 1: Basic that's headlining three things you must see. Then there's a real sneaky Halloween decoration. I'm not good at the jump stuff. I don't like the things jumping out at me. And this would suck. If you're a delivery person in late October and you're going to the house like this. This guy in Wisconsin came up with this Halloween. It's a jump scare. It just looks like a small plastic tree sitting out there, and then you know when you get close to it, scare me on your.
Speaker 5: Delivery driver, you're not getting your deliveries. I hope you are your final I'm drop yeah, I'm dropping the pan. I'm remembering that place next time I go back.
Speaker 1: So those are the types of things that are on three Things you Must see Today. This is Oh, it's perfect. How did it would be your conscient announcement? Ghost Their World Tour twenty twenty five. They don't even come up with a clever enders, like it's just our world tour. Tell people what you got. Ghost World Tour twenty twenty five stops in Houston August sixteenth, Toyota Center. Tickets will go on sale this Friday at ten a m. Toyota Center dot Com. I am looking at the artwork and this seems to be quite a trend these days. They're not announcing any support, which means it doesn't mean they won't have somebody opening. But right now they didn't feel it was important for They just think, hey, people want to see ghosts Ghost is a Toyota Center band. Like they're big Ghost is big man with not a lot of airplay. Where are they from.
Speaker 11: Hell?
Speaker 12: Hell?
Speaker 1: Health, They're from Hell.
Speaker 4: They're not a US pier, They're like an international.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these are Satan's kids.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: They turned off the AC at Phillips Wit to a concert and it was the middle of summer and they didn't have the AC on because of the vocals.
Speaker 1: Yes, and she said it was still an awesome show. So that shows you how good that Ghost August sixteenth, Toyota Center here in town. Tickets go on sale Friday. I have a pair of tickets for you right now. You can get rid of that one. I'll say, call her ten seven one three two one two five nine four five. You're thinking the Ghost Satan all that. You think they're not heavy. Some stuff is heavy, but this is that's pretty light. Hell is Hell. It's a warm up song. I'm okay with Hell If it sounds like this, They're not as aggressive as you think. All right, call her number ten right now, ninety four or five buzz welcome back rod Ryan show Hell he's got any more of that Ghost?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ready? Oh god, that one too. That's my Yeah, I heart for I always forget that. That one's got some sort of an I heeart intro to it. This is ghost Rats. Yeah. Oh we played this as a because there was a rat story last week. Chicago's got the most rats, I think so. The pastor New York sounds like the band rat a rat problem around and round. Good morning, Good morning. Who's on the phone here, Adam? Adam, I just announced ghost is coming to town next year. Would you like the first pair of tickets to go see them?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, dude, Yeah, I've never seen them before and I really really really want to go. All right, all right, all right, we're going. We're going. You know what, Yeah, you know what. I will have the meat loaf, you know what. Yeah, I'm hungry. Let's let's go see Ghosts. Let's go.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, congratulations, Adam, thank you so much, thank you. All right, it's August sixteenth, Toyota Center. I know what's the way, but it'd be worth the wait. Have you seen him before? No? No, I did it, but I would. I'm down to him all the come. It'll be our first time. All right, very good? All right, hang on tickets, go and see this Friday, We're gonna give you tickets all week here on the rod Ryan Show. I know you're rocking out over there, Alex, but are you ready for this? I guess.
Speaker 14: Online, kid, It's Alex Online ninety five the muzz.
Speaker 1: What you're doing today? Well, ironically from ghosts.
Speaker 5: We're going to ghosts because you're going to find out what kind of ghosts you would be if you were a ghost today?
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: Finally, what are the times of ghosts?
Speaker 5: Friendly Casper, You'd be a demon. You'd be a ghost of wants possessed people. So you like the girl from the Ring, which is kind of a ghost or ghost adjacent?
Speaker 1: What kind of ghosts you think you're gonna le?
Speaker 4: Jamonic one? But I gotta take the quiz.
Speaker 1: Would be a demon?
Speaker 4: Well, I gotta check.
Speaker 13: You don't know well I did this all. I did the question already.
Speaker 5: I think this five or six I got. I am a good ghost. Yes I'm dead, but don't let that get me down. You like to play with You like hang out with children and leaving gifts for the living. You're a free spirit, no pun intended. You just want friends after all, So yeah, I just want friends. I'm lonely and I have no friends.
Speaker 1: It says I'm Joey. I would have been Chandler. Actually, it says I Joey's a lot. Did you send me the right one? I would have thought, yeah, Chap, I mean this is the what friend of mine? I'm Joey. Can I get the ghost one? Please? Got him? Go check out?
Speaker 13: It goes through to famous ride show page the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: I'd like to play, guys.
Speaker 15: I went to Great Treating to you to day. I was said to do it every day. I went to the first house after school. The first man myself wasn't cool. He gave me a tooth pressed to clean my teeth. I told him I want us sugary treat. She said no and walked away. So I thanked him in a special way.
Speaker 5: Up wire.
Speaker 1: With the head. Now we can't break it done.
Speaker 15: I went to the next house of Rainbow Bell. The grownup wasn't cool.
Speaker 3: I could already tell.
Speaker 15: She gave me a raised and said they're healthy for me. I said, I want chocolate, can't you see? She said no and closed the door.
Speaker 3: So I surely think that's Stithy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, lott a bunch nor.
Speaker 15: Happy Halloween from me to you. When I knocked on your door, you don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: I love Kimmy and that's no light.
Speaker 15: That'll be sweet or else she'll die.
Speaker 14: Bitch The Ron Ryan Joe on ninety four to five The Buzz Gras.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan, show Papa Roach and kill the noise, which is perfect for what I want to talk about right now. Nine twenty nine, Looking outside quickly weather wise today hot eighty eight, partly cloudy skies, low chances of rain. All right, let me do It's enough. I've been kind of dancing around it. I'm gonn looking up to ten day here for Houston. So today what I said Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Slight chance of rain again, sixty one percent chance of rain on Wednesday, ninety four percent chance of rain on Thursday, seventy six percent chance of rain on Friday.
Speaker 1: Thursday is the big one because Thursday's Halloween. Yeah, So you're wondering about you know, Okay, if there is rain, great, Listen, I don't mind when it rains.
Speaker 12: We need it.
Speaker 1: We haven't had rain in forever. Can we just can we dial that up during the day? Can we have a little rain during the day and then boom and we can get out there and do our tricks and treats and do all that stuff. Yeah, that's what I'm kind of hoping with. That's what I'm kind of hoping for. So yeah, our chances of the rain are going up quite a bit. All right, kill the noise. Before I tried out being married, I needed nothing to fall asleep, nor did I need anybody in the bed to fall asleep. I needed no enhancements. I just laid down and went to.
Speaker 4: Bed, raw dog your sleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't need anything. Okay, Then you know, I got married, and there was a noise machine that got louder every year, like a new one, a new powerful, a new and powerful, more powerful one and louder one. I felt like every year there was like a new thing. And then it went up to a Louisiana swamp boat on that side of the bed. Okay, I mean, I'm talking a fan, a full on like. But it was industrial fans.
Speaker 4: One of those big ass fans. That's what they're called. You seen me at the gym, big ass fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are the ceiling fans. Now, I ceiling fan is a mandatory thing. For me, So that doesn't mean I didn't need anything. I need the ceiling fan in my bedroom, okay, but I didn't need the I didn't need that to fall asleep. Okay, I might need it now it might. It may have conditioned me. Now I got to just I got some waves playing my daughters oh crashing like the shusher I told you about on her bass.
Speaker 5: Now my daughter has that like white noise susher machine, and my wife and her were.
Speaker 1: At her parents.
Speaker 5: So like last week, yeah, I felt like I couldn't fall asleep as easy as I'm used to this noise in the background, but it's not for me. But I've just gotten so used to it being on because she's already asleep when I got to bed.
Speaker 1: You know what happens when you travel, You got to take one with you. Now you have to take one with me. Now, of course there's an app you can do it you and if you want to run your phone all night, you know not everybody wants to do that, so they are they're on the phone, but I don't. I'm gonna stop shy of saying that I need it, but I do put it on every night. Now, just some waves crashy.
Speaker 3: Like maybe you don't need it, maybe just like it, you ever, just like some crashy waves.
Speaker 1: And then you know, I went over to mac. I got a new bed. It's got a little vibrator on it. You know, let you put the quarter in. I got that going on, right, I kind of need that stuff now. I think you like that.
Speaker 3: You have a little sleep checklist.
Speaker 1: Kentucky Fried Chicken wants you to fall asleep to the sound of chicken frying, which is pretty similar to like white noise. But I don't know if I want to be reminded of that when I'm going to bed crackling.
Speaker 4: That sounds delicious.
Speaker 3: They should include a little oil, yeah, a little essence of fried chicken.
Speaker 1: They teamed up with a wellness company, Hatch, to get high quality audio of frying chicken, and they have a twenty minute clip now on Spotify. I obviously the jokes are writing themselves on TikTok and whatnot, because people have said for years the white noise sounds and the sounds of rain, they said, that's just chicken being fried. So KFC just kind of ran with all the jokes that were already being made. Yeah, so you can drift off to sleep thanks to the soothing sounds of frying chicken. I did not listen to this yet. Alex says he's got a clip. This is really the clip. Yes, I bet I'm not here the Friends theme song? Right please? That was last. That was the last bit that you got me. Okay, could you do you use any of this stuff? Any white noise? You do? Any of that stuff I have?
Speaker 3: I do have like a sleep checklist, like I need a water on my bed, I need the fan turn on hot, I need all the doors closed. I have to have it pitch black, so if it's not black, I have a sleep mask.
Speaker 1: Nose noise makers, though only on the nights.
Speaker 3: Where I usually I have no problem falling asleep if I have all that stuff. But if I do, I say, Alexa, play meditation music for twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, All right, well I do use the noise maker. Could you fall asleep to this? Is that really fried chicken? I can't hear anything but.
Speaker 3: That now, No, that sounds like a jungle rain.
Speaker 4: That sounds like actually quite nice.
Speaker 1: This is the jokes that people have been making.
Speaker 11: This.
Speaker 4: No, it's like the soft summer rain.
Speaker 1: This is high quality audio of chicken being fried. My KFC, I feel like I'm gaining weight listening to this. I feel fatter since before this segment started.
Speaker 3: This is what all the chicken cheaters are gonna hear on Thursday.
Speaker 1: It's grease. It's grease and chicken. Don't get me wrong, it's great. I can't sleep to this, chilling my diabetes. You can't. I can't do this fried chicken. I can't know. I'd be thinking about it. Same thing with like bacon sizzling, bacon sizzling. I couldn't do that. I don't want to know. Now you're right, I might not be able to unhear all white noise sound. Now all white noise.
Speaker 16: Sound might sound like a fish fry not they're wrong with that, yes, no, no, no, I disagree. Everything's wrong with that. I don't want to be thinking about fried foods, trying to go to bed and you're getting up and you're snacking and doing all that stuff. This is this is on the food blog page that.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four, five.
Speaker 10: The Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, the Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, MILF Monday. I finally, I mean I figure the Google dolls would be good music accompaniment for me to go look at Links and Guests and the MILF Monday is great. Thank you whoever sent that in today, great job, Thank you. It is the number one link. Tessa's coming on strong with her six picks. Let's go. That's on Links and Guests. She didn't they went up like shortly after eight o'clock, so she didn't get the full four hours. But they're up and they're getting a lot look, so make sure you go and you check that out. The rod Ryan Show cares online store. Listen. Every time I mention it, somebody goes into the store, so thank you. I'll probably give it some extra mentions this week, so I hopefully I'm not too annoying for those of you that have already been in the store and have been very generous this season with us already. But it's the last week, so if you haven't made a move yet on any of the rod Ryan Show merch, I would appreciate it if you could get in there and go check some of that stuff out. That new hoodie is in there, and the new Phony Festival, the rock Fest with all the funny band names that is in there. Thank you. To Mundo and Victor for coming up with that great idea, and thank you to our partner's BMP brand management professionals. They're the ones that host the store, and they're the ones that do all the stuff and the logos and everything. So a lot of people behind the scenes doing a lot of work for one common goal to raise money, all for good, all for charity, and we're raising money for breast cancer research our friends over at MD Anderson. Okay, if you haven't been in the store, you can do that today. Partly cloudy, ten percent chances of rain today, Hi, eighty eight. Tomorrow we should be fine, and then Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and it looks like rain through the weekend as well. What are you giving away? I know the show? So this is really cool, So everyone listen up.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna pay of tickets to Mio Wolf's Radio Tave.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna sit down. Please tell me what this is. Is it radio wave or radio tave?
Speaker 10: Is this right?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I've read the same thing you did.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so listen meo Wolf. Is they picked Houston as a city. There are this immersive multimedia experience that tells the story of how the exploration of the unknown leads to infinite possibility. So this is art that you can explore.
Speaker 4: It's art that you can feel as you go through the unknown.
Speaker 3: Miowwolve's radio tave opens October thirty first, Uh, that's Halloween. For more information or to buy your tickets now, visit miowwolf dot com. I visited one of these in Santa Fe. Uh is that Colorado? No Santa fe Arizona, New Mexico. There you go, and it is so fun.
Speaker 4: When I heard that Houston was getting one, I felt so lucky.
Speaker 1: I felt so honored, Like this is something I have to do now, this is something if you are the you're big on Instagram and influencing and all that, like everybody wants. It's just great photo ops at these things too.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: It's just correct and go with friends, Go with friends.
Speaker 1: Tav is correct. I just looked it up. Really fun, all right, So what do we have a pair of tickets?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we've got pair of passes to go.
Speaker 1: Okay, we will have a question for you to get into meow Wolf coming up after the break.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety.
Speaker 1: La La La La La La La La La La La La La La La La ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan's Show, nine fifty. Okay, Wolf, we've got a pair of tickets. Testa just explained it to you. Don't worry, she'll explain it again.
Speaker 9: Yes, we have.
Speaker 1: Tickets all week for this installment that starts on Thursday. I believe the thirty first they opened all ages too. I just check that out because I'm thinking, Okay, do I gotta take London to this thing? Probably? Yeah, Okay. What's your question going to be for the meow Wolf tickets?
Speaker 3: Well, maybe I'm just trying to get more clicks on my six picks. But who did I get a picture with? I mean, he wasn't exactly facing the camera, but I definitely got a picture with him.
Speaker 4: I have a picture with him.
Speaker 1: He's in the same picture as you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have a picture.
Speaker 3: Okay nine and don't give me and now people.
Speaker 4: Know it's a guy.
Speaker 1: Great, he is in the same picture as you. We look great, his backside looks wonderful. Probably looks good him not knowing at all that you're in that picture. I'll tag him seven one, three, two five.
Speaker 6: If you know the show, smartphones, laptops, smart TV's tablets, this is your sound sound whatever a way you listen, We're there. Tell your smart device to play ninety four or five The Buzz on iHeartRadio five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Hope you're off to a great start to your Monday Halloween week right today? Pretty nice that a little warm high of eighty eight. I didn't even look at the temperature. I know that we have, like really the increase on rain chances up every single day. Tomorrow we should be okay, and then Wednesday, Thursday, Friday weekend rain. I guess that'll come with it cooling off a little bit out there, or at least it should fall back right, returning the clocks back and not till this weekend though, right. I'll try not to bitch about it all week. I won't bitch about it all week. I won't. I won't unless Alex brings it up. Then I won't. Don't bring it up. I won't don't bring it up. Bring it up. You just wanted to talk about the time. Bring up? Yo, bro, how are you handling the clocks?
Speaker 12: Shut? Up.
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk about it. You got it. I don't want to talk about it. You were just about to say something. Shut off the I Know this show on ninety four to five. La la la la la la la la la la la la la la. Hey, Andrew, Hey, what's up brother Rod? Turning the clocks back this weekend? Yeah? It sucks. It does suck. Thank you. See Andrew, he wants me to talk about it because he also is feeling the pain. Anything you feel pain? All right, Hey, Andrew, let's say we can get you some of these tickets here, Tessa, what's your question?
Speaker 3: Can you tell me who I took an awesome picture with?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I saw the back of Hall of Famer Andre Johnson's head in your picture. That's me and him. That's it's not just it's not just one way to say it. That's the way to say it.
Speaker 5: Are together.
Speaker 1: You backed up where Andre was, and you've got a picture and he's behind you, No, facing the other way a little bit.
Speaker 4: We have a picture.
Speaker 1: Hey, I don't have a picture with Andre like that, So you do. I don't you win? Andrew? What are you giving them?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you the tickets to the aw Wolf's radio tave go check this out.
Speaker 1: Really cool, awesome. My kids are gonna be so stoked about this. Gift to me out when you win tickets, go gift to me on Hey, how about a how about a truck horn? No mew first because it's specific to my wolf, and then a truck horn. Go ahead, mewam, All right, I'll take you that. All right, I might be doing that all week. Great job, Andrew, Thank you and roll safe out there in your truck. I appreciate that. Yeah, I looked it up too. It is all ages. So you said you mentioned kids. Good Arthur. Spoiler alert. I know a lot of people. I think a lot of people tuned in to listen to see if Arthur could finally get it done and get over that hump he was. He's now a five day winner. It's the first time you made it into the Hall of Fame. Give him a bell, just because last year he crapped out on the last day three times. He had what it takes to win four games, and then he lost on day five three times last year. So I was excited for him. O g Ben took him on today too. You know what somebody said a Little Hack is not waiting for Alex to get the podcast up. But if you're watching on YouTube, you can reverse that. You can back up on the YouTube because we're YouTube live every morning. They said, you back up a little bit. You can go watch that game immediately, and please also go back and listen to the podcast. So we get the numbers. Yeah, we do need that. We do need that number. Please og Ben tomorrow. We need two brand new players. Arthur became Hall of Famer number thirteen, so we've got room for some more Hall of Famers for sure. Thank you to the Great Texas Hammer. Thank you to everybody. Again, I just kind of abandon you guys, but I'm going to go back and look at all the costume pictures that you guys have dropped on our Facebook page. A lot of you dressed up over the weekend. Great job, MILF Monday was the number one link. Tessa is coming up coming on strong with her six picks on links and guests. The concert announcement was Ghost that should be all over the mainframe at the buzz dot com. We're gonna give you tickets to go see Ghost for their show next year. Tickets don't go on sale until Friday. We like to give away tickets before they go on sale. We will do that this week. All right. Congrats to the Texans on a win World Series. Back at it tonight show. Here Atani is playing? Who he is playing?
Speaker 11: Though?
Speaker 1: Huh do they have to Is it like football? Do they have to announce that somebody's in the lineup at a certain time today? So we have not yet? Okay, I would imagine to be fine. They'll steroid them up. That's what they do.
Speaker 3: How many games series goes?
Speaker 1: Those four over tomorrow? Pap it up? All right, he's in sports hell right now. Tomorrow's Tattooesday. Tomorrow. Chili Brown is back Chili Brown eight twenty for Lincoln Park tickets. Yeah, we can do that. Make sure you shop that new Rob Ryan Show merchandise and get into the store. All right. That's on LinkedIn guests at Rob Ryan's Show on All Socials. Tesla's on Houston Life today at one o'clock. Jeremy Benson, he's up next. He's got the NonStop Noon or pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. Guys, have an awesome day, man, have an awesome We're on a twenty hour break. We'll do it all again with Chili Brown tomorrow, AMF do Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 10: If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 1: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.