Speaker 1: Something you should go.
Speaker 2: Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis Goldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis Goold. I r a dot com excited to have a couple of guests joining me here. We signed up to chat with Mike Deviassi, but he's got some other folks with him. Mike, who do you have with you there? We're gonna chat about Yellow Snow and you got a whole crew there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, we have the original vocalist from Yellow Snow. We're getting ready for our show tonight, so we flew in from Rhode Island, some of us fresh from the Asan Asylum. We have Albas, we have Matt Bairtt, and we have Jason Burns.
Speaker 2: That is awesome. Hi, guys, how's it going there? Well? I am fantastic. I'm excited for you guys because you've got some fun stuff and I had a chance to listen to this. So we're gonna We're gonna go back with Mike. First, let's explain. For folks that have never heard of Yellow Snow, let's explain who you guys are, because it's a bunch of amazing talented people from a bunch of different bands that came together to do some really cool stuff. So tell me about Yellow Snow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we've been.
Speaker 3: Doing it for quite a while, and it started off as just a bunch of friends getting together to do Christmas music. And it started out just a small thing, and we would make songs and record them and play them and we would give them out to our friends and family for Christmas. And then over time people just would ask me to come over and play acoustically. And after I had three or four people ask me, I would say to Matt and Alls the time, I'd say, hey, why don't we just do a show, so have everybody come to us instead of us going to them, And then we would we did our first show, and after we did our first show, we did seven two thousand and seven, and we decided that we would give the money that we made from the show to charity. So we started the first show then, and then soon after that we decided, hey, we have all these songs, what are we going to do with them? So we said, hey, let's make a record. So at the time I was working with a friend of mine who I had met was my teacher at Full Sale, Mike Fiorantino, and Mike was living in Nashville at the time. So I said, hey, Mikey, I've got all these songs, I've got a band, and I want to put this thing together and let's record it for real. So he said, You've got a flight own to Nashville and worked down here and said okay. So he and Brian Kone they set up the whole thing. They got Kyle Cooke for Matchbox twenty, they got John Coleman, they got Ryan Scarborough, and we came down. We cut all the basic tracks, and then we flew back to Rhode Island, and then I recorded the vocals with Jay and Allen Matt and over time, and it did. It's not a Chinese democracy, but it's pretty pretty close. It took so long that we finally finished over time, and then I was really lucky that Jack Joseph Sweig was kind enough to work with me to mix the record, and so we got to really work with, you know, great players also in the top level, and again a couple of members of the band who aren't here today, but Kurt Ram and Billy Holloman when they arranged and played all the horns the record, and they are just there's cool guys as they are players, and it really made Yellow Snow sound the way it sounds. And yeah, I mean being able to play with these these guys and some it talents to crazy talented female vocalists and it just sort of grew from two thousand and really two thousand and three is when we started Double Beginnings. Yeah, and again it's been the quote unquote band or everybody, and it's been thirty or so people and it's been an awesome thing. And I got to say, I asked people to play, and it doesn't matter what level they are, if they are the best of the best in the world or just you know, a garage band, I just want to come out and play. Everybody has been so kind of play and be part of this. And it's a really good cause. We're always donating money to charity and it's really cool and that's really what we're all about.
Speaker 2: I love that. And the cool thing is again it's it's fun Christmas music from a band called Yellow Snow and giddya Up. Santa Claus appeared on the hit series CW hit series Riverdale. So you guys have had fun doing this, but it's also kind of taken on a life of its own, hasn't it.
Speaker 3: You know, you kind of hit the nail on the head. Like I said, we were just doing this for fun. It was literally just Hey, Jay, you want to come out and sing for this song?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that'd be cool. And hey, Matt, I got to sighted because Matt and I used to play in a band in the nineties, were in high school and it really started that way. And then my friend who I was roommate with in high school that you know, hey, you got some songs that are pretty good and their originally you should let me see if we could license them somewhere. So we license them to the CW network, and people just over time really liked it. To be honest with you, none of us, especially me, set out to be the Christmas guy and to do this with Christmas. But it's just people like it, and we just happened to hit upon something that people really enjoy and it's something different. And yeah, I mean, we never set out to do it professionally and do it at this level, but it just kind of grew that way.
Speaker 2: I love that. I think that those are my favorite stories too, because like, if you and tended this, if you set out on here's what we're going to do, we got this plan, it probably wouldn't have worked, but the fact that you just kind of dove in here it is you know, I agree.
Speaker 3: Because it's totally like I said, I mean, I'm being honest. It was not forced, it was not intentional. It was just it was almost like, fuck, crap, we're.
Speaker 2: Really good at this, man, Now we got to do more Christmas songs?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Yellow Like, Yeah, I was like, dude, I don't want to stem you know. And I think you came to be like the very first thing you were like, I think, less like Mariah Carey. It more like very special Christmas. You know, Bruce Braingstein doing you know Christmas? Oh now the City? Yeah, I'm like, yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Well, I think what you guys are doing is awesome. Yellowsnow, music dot Com is where you go to find this. And if there's one song for me to play on the radio right now, which song should I play? And I'm going to let you introduce it.
Speaker 3: The song is going to be The Grinch and it's sang by the Lunatic sitting next to me Al Diaz, and it's one of the best songs on the record.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna play that one right now. Thank you so much for listening to Sonny Radio. And again, yellowsnow Music dot com is where you go to find the entire album. Again here it is The Grinch from Yellow Snow unless you're listening on the podcast version where we sadly can't play music. But I do have a link to this song at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldra dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at Genesisgoldra dot com.