Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 2: That's an awful lot of coughs syrup. That's the dove on the crew shell. Let's get it, my guy, My god, nay two or three?
Speaker 1: What over with it?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 4: Awful lot of it was going on, your boy. That's stuff dub from the gut of the butter.
Speaker 2: That's it too easy, yo, And listen, that's exactly what it is, right. I mean, we came up a long way. It was a very long journey and it was tough, but we're here. But you had the guts to do it. You had the balls to do it.
Speaker 1: Pause. You had the balls to do it right.
Speaker 2: Because clothing brands they pop up all the time, right, and I think you you describe it best. It's like bread, bro. There's always going to be a need for bread, you feel me. And there's always gonna there's.
Speaker 4: Another bread brand coming going, but it's always going to be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And there's always going to be a need for a shirt on your back every day.
Speaker 4: Have you got any event, like y'all know, y'all got stuff coming up all the time. You always want something different to wear, something fresh to wear, you know, because these pigs with social media, I think you need more clothes more now than you ever did, you know, because back in the days you could wear outfit, they wasn't taking pictures, they wasn't posting it.
Speaker 1: Right now, everywhere you go you got.
Speaker 4: A photographer, videographer, a phone out, a camera, you going viral. So you got to keep something fresh to you know, every time everyone has an audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 5: Gotta look right too, because like with like now, like a clothes, like a shirt is just a shirt, you know, but with your brand, like a stylist has to have a piece of your clothing in their pocket at all times.
Speaker 4: It's really and it's really like it's depending on kind of like which crowd you in, you know.
Speaker 1: One of the other things that I consider.
Speaker 4: I remember when Kanye was doing like four or five shows at the Forum and I think it was the Life of Pablo if I'm not mistaken. And it's either you went there and you got a shirt, or you didn't go there and you've seen a shirt and you're like, dang, so you must have went to one of them shows. We're seeing that we went to the LA show. Yeah, you know the same thing with the culture a piece, you know what I mean? If you attached to it. You want to be You want people to know, like, oh yeah, I know, Dug, I'll be in la that's right. I know what's going on. You know, I know what's going on. And it's an icebreaker. It's a great conversation, Pece.
Speaker 1: Man, connect these details for me. Right.
Speaker 2: So we're coming up slost and swap meet, printing up our own shirts.
Speaker 1: We get a van.
Speaker 2: We're selling shirts out the van downtown La.
Speaker 1: Uh. Some celebrity clientele.
Speaker 2: Young Doug is wearing your stuff, right, and then it grows from there and it's it almost you almost create this empire before you even have a storefront.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that right? Yes? How did that all come about? What did it take?
Speaker 4: Repeating steps one, two three? You know a lot of times I just found a little wave. You know, the artist wanted this.
Speaker 1: I had it. Get into them, take a picture. You know.
Speaker 4: If I woke up and I didn't have any sales or nobody was coming, I'll go to Instagram, put on a shirt, make copy some type of real or Instagram off of Instagram, and just make me wear the shirt because like, if you go viral, they gonna see it. And then I'll go through the comments. It'd be like, oh you want a shirt, come and get it, or I can come to you. But just every day, really waking up, just trying to sell a hoodie, hoodie to day, hoodie to day and whatever whatever hunger I had in the beginning, just trying to sell a hoodie to day, I had that same hunger. And I still had that same hunger when I'm trying to sell ten hoodies, twenty hoodies, thirty hoodies. We're trying to make a hundred kate as Moe, trying to make a quarter meal, trying to make a half a meal, trying to make two hundred this weekend. Like it's that same just you know, yeah, that same longer go. So that's just really how it happened. You know, I just can't repeat these steps one, two three. You know, the artists, the clothes, the Instagram.
Speaker 2: And the music. The music is a sound track to the clothes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those that's always in the background and everything, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So that's really just how.
Speaker 2: If you hear a song in the video, then you look for the song, it's nowhere to be found. You could only get it through you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not gonna find half of them. It's really like an expensive hobby that I have. I just make it make sense because it's my use this for the real or use this for that. But a lot of times when I wrap, I speak stuff into existence, you know, just really.
Speaker 1: Capping, capping on the rap, rapping. It's coming that way.
Speaker 5: It's another form of manifestation, Like you're just putting it out there and it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: You think about it.
Speaker 2: Think about like hoving Biggie, right, they wrapped about having so much at first when they had nothing, and what happened they got it all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just I just love it, you know what. I'm good at it. And the other thing too. I'm dealing with so many artists. It's kind of like if you sold cars to race car drivers, right, and you didn't know how to race, like you at least know how to race. They might coming old with me one day, you know. And that's how I get a lot of features.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm just hanging out with them. We designed and they recording. I'm making clothes and they'd be like, heydub, I want you on this one, and I hop on it. You don't want to be rusty, so I kind of hit the studio as much as I hit the gym, you know, just to stay on point, ready to go, just for that time. I think even at rolling out this weekend, I'm doing a set on one of these stages, you know.
Speaker 1: So it's just always an added thing to keep on top.
Speaker 4: And it make the artists that I'm dealing with feel more comfortable because I understand them as an artist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you understand both worlds. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I'm not just coming at you, looking at you, trying to use you to sell a product. I'm talking to a peer, you know, and trying to help you with your career and vice versa, you helping me with mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, right, And we're exchanging customers.
Speaker 4: Yeah for sure. They have fans. A lot of people having fans. They don't got customers. They're not spending no chili. But I'm kind of giving you customers for your fans.
Speaker 2: Ah, got it, got it? Yeah, none wrong with that. Those fans can become customers.
Speaker 4: Yeah for sure. You put the rice product in front of them, they gonna buy.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of songs, there's a lot of verses from you and other artists that we haven't heard yet.
Speaker 1: A whole ton of them, Bro, I got an awful lot of them.
Speaker 4: Awful theug coy Lray who I got? Uh, Phoenix I got. I even got some stuff. I was looking through my notes. I got some stuff. But what's his name?
Speaker 1: Pant? What's the dude that fanded designer? Oh? Yeah, yeah we did this.
Speaker 4: I think we did this like overseas and like a hotel room or something like.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know, yeah, I got tons and tons of music the designer on the West Coast beat.
Speaker 4: No, it was a designer on like some like twoenty nineteen SoundCloud types.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's right. I got to remind everybody watches in the building. Man, Yeah, come on, as big as the towers.
Speaker 1: Now, let's go man, watch this here. Man.
Speaker 2: And you've talked about growing up, you know, with so little, with nothing right like out the mud, bro, and just see where it's come to, See where it's at now that I mean, do you look back to how I started?
Speaker 4: I swear to God. When I was a kid, we used to dig through trash cans for kans and you didn't even think that was wrong. You thought you was just recycling, right. It was not what we waking up. Hey, let's go we dig it through the trash cans today. Throw my ass in there, and you just picking them out and weighing them.
Speaker 2: And it's like, were you fighting the Mexican kids for the cans? They wasn't even out there doing that. They was at school.
Speaker 1: Come on, man.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's like the stuff that I went through. And it's crazy because I didn't even know I was going through that. I always thought I was privileged. You know, growing up in Watts you got the projects that you got the like the apartments, then you got the houses, you know. So as a kid, I'm thinking, I'm the boogie watching Nigga.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 4: My mama got a house. You know, we might not have a car, we got a house. You know, I got food. You know, I'm not nobody dead. They're in jail right now.
Speaker 1: We're good.
Speaker 4: But then when you get out and you start realizing, like everybody don't.
Speaker 1: Use the cheap cheese and.
Speaker 4: Everybody don't use that value brand. He like, hold on, damn, there's a whole nother world out here. But I still remember where I came from, cause it just you can't you can't be a boss now and forget when you was an employee, because then it's kind of it's just weird.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the words is.
Speaker 4: It's weird, you know, because now that I'm a boss, I understand the employees. You know, a lot of people just don't go through certain things. So I understand every side of the road, you know, both sides of the fence. So it just helped me be more kind of connected to the people.
Speaker 2: Yo, can you talk to us about the birth of the phrase that's an awful lot of coughs?
Speaker 1: Up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it was from that video the cop arresting you and he told you that's an awful lot of coughs and your response was a coughing fit cough. But it's crazy that one catchphrase just caught fire. Yeah, And to tell you the truth, but it represents so much more than cough syrup, I think.
Speaker 4: But you know it's so crazy, bro, Like you look at that incident, and I took something out of that incident, right, like this was a fraction. I took some numbers out and put it over here. It made something bigger. Probably with so many more incidents I could have did that from if I would have been on that time in a lot more earlier. You know, I'm able to look at a lot of people's incidents. I have a cousin right now just lost his leg. You feel me, I'm like, bro, you got to turn that. You gotta turn that pain into something good.
Speaker 1: You feel me? So it'd be crazy.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm blessed that everybody like, oh, you're so lucky for this happening to you and you and I'm just like I probably could have did that with anything, now that I look at it. I look at artists. They got a hot song or a hot uh TikTok. I can turn it into something. But just because you turn it into something, you have to apply that pressure to keep it going. You know, you can turn this into that, But what's gonna take that to the top is you. So a lot of people just looking at this like you're so lucky, and it's like, no, it's the pressure I put behind that that.
Speaker 1: Made this ship really go. Well.
Speaker 4: You also got to have that mindset to want to make something even better, you know, because like you said, like we could be looking at this, that and the third, but that doesn't necessarily mean we're gonna do something about it. Yeah, A lot of people and it's hard to I was on podcasts yesterday and the dude said he stopped doing music for so long, and the interviewer stopped him, said, don't never stop.
Speaker 1: And I'm a head like, bro, sometimes you gotta stop.
Speaker 4: You get ugly, get there, get your get to get the bills paid, do whatever you want to do. But then what he said is it's true, you don't gotta stop because a lot of people run through things.
Speaker 1: That's trying to stop them, and they don't.
Speaker 4: And that's what makes you keep going and what makes the brand or whatever you're trying to go at.
Speaker 1: No, you're not letting stuff stop you.
Speaker 4: Of course it's gonna be stop signs, but you not stopping at them is what makes you the person that wins the race.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the internet can be an awful place, but again, use the internet to your advantage for show, for shows, right, influencers, artists, customers. You have an army of customers is how I describe it. I've seen them at Rolling Loud. It's an army of customers that are dedicated to the phrase, to the movement.
Speaker 1: So family.
Speaker 4: Really at this point, bro, we like the syrup squad, like everybody that put this shit on. We all under the same umbrella. There's an understanding and we all kind of see the same thing. We all keep the truth alive. We all go by a certain way of how we dress, how we talk, how we act, you know. And that's us, you know, and that's you. That's everybody put this ship on.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I don't treat y'all like a customer. I treat y'all like a family. Y'all come in my store. You're thirsty. I'm not selling you a water. I'm giving you a water.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: If it's raining outside and it's the line, I'm telling y'all to come inside. It's not no customer shit, but it's a human experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on.
Speaker 4: And I only do that because that's how I want to be treated again. You know, you can't be the Boston it's never the customer.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And when I walk in the store, I.
Speaker 4: Love the fact that they like, no, come on in, bro, it's raining, or you're thirsty, or compliment me on my outfit. You know that you don't have to. I'm not haven't bought shit yet and you're doing all this. I want to buy something. I want to take somebody else that's my friend here and show them the experience, because now I feel like I'm your cousin and I want to bring everybody to my cousin.
Speaker 1: Shit. We always talk about a customer service. People don't get that ship anymore, customer for life, especially when you bigger.
Speaker 4: A lot of times these brands get bigger, like no Shade, Bro, but you'll go to Supreme there still treat you like shit and you don't spend so much money and waiting in this long gas line and you like, I'm not getting no customer service.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the demand is high, but I'm feeling like a trick being here.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It always happens with like you know those types of stories that you just walk in and you feel like you're the like the problem. You're like, fuck, like do I even want to be in here?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I don't want to you when you walk in, you're like, yo, am I trespassing or my customer?
Speaker 4: You know, you walk in my store, it's somebody on, Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: As soon as you look at something you need that Yeah, man, oh I was just looking that's the.
Speaker 2: Way you know, you know, and I think that's how we view our listeners. You know, we want repeat business. We want our listeners to come back, and we need them to feel like they know us. That's why we play our lives out on the radio every single day and we give our listeners a piece of us every single afternoon. Whether it hurts, whether it's it's it's it's an embarrassing. We have to be ourselves. We have to give ourselves to our listeners if we want their time. Time is everything, for sure. Time is important man, and people don't get time back. So if you're gonna give us your time, we got to give you everything.
Speaker 1: We got run it run.
Speaker 5: What's the toughest part of all this though, I know you talk about like you know, but what would you say, truly is the toughest part about it?
Speaker 1: Balancing?
Speaker 4: Balancing like balancing work, family, friendships, relationships. It's just hard balancing because at the end of the day, where I come from is get the money, don't forget the money. I don't miss Christmas, I don't miss birthdays because we didn't have it. They had to work and we're not tripping, you know, So in my mindset at the top of the pyramid is this job because it can bless so many other people, you know, and then when you think about this.
Speaker 1: Job, you're trying to execute it the best.
Speaker 4: A lot of times you forget about people feelings, You forget about other people time, you forget about a lot of stuff because you're just trying to keep this company running. So it's just really learning how to cut off. You know, a lot of artists I deal with, they work late hours. You know, I run a company. I have to be up early, so a lot of times I have to stop. I have to cut opportunities just so I don't mess up relationships. Yeah, you know, Hey, they calling me at ten, I'm already at the house, and my daughter's gonna tweak out.
Speaker 1: I jump up and leave.
Speaker 4: You know, even though without this opportunity could bring me a lot of money or something. It's just finding the balance. And it's the hardest thing for me, you know, because I'm ready. I'm really a worker, and I just want to work, work, work, work, work. I don't care about sleep, I don't care about food, I don't care about feelings. I don't care about none of that feel me. I want to get my team and just start working. But then you got like the team got sleep, you know they might. It's a lot of stuff. You gotta balance it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Everybody not built like me, you know, so just balancing that family, balancing me.
Speaker 1: Some days I want to go to the gym every.
Speaker 4: Day, but if a problem occurs, I might say f the gym and goes straight to work. Yeah yeah, now I'm three days, no, four days, no gym.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: So the balance is the hardest thing. The second hardest is probably taxes.
Speaker 2: You got to pay them taxes, bro, Bro, that's the second hardest. You're getting for nest right, That's how it feels you are. But it's again, it's just like gas. It comes along with it. You can't have a car without putting gas in it. You can't have a business without being legit. And if you want to be legit, they counting your pockets.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: It's like we're all renting this life. We're all paying to live when that's that was given to us by God, and now we have to pay for it financially with our bodies, our mentality, our mental health.
Speaker 1: We really have to suffer to live.
Speaker 4: When I was younger, I used to see taxes it's so fun, or Mama about to get a checkout. Now I'm like, what is going on? I have to I have to pay people to make money. Then I got to pay y'all off the money I'm paying people to make and then I have to pay them money plus play taxes on. What Crazespecially when you get to this level, Like they don't tell you that you you running it up and then they be like you, oh what, No, you didn't do nothing for this, bro, And then you kind of you don't want to be a janky businessman because that's how the foundation crumble and falls. So you gotta do you gotta do your due diligence. But it's just a hard pill to swallow.
Speaker 2: Interesting you say that, like, they don't tell you this when you get to this level. There's so many things that we don't know, right, that the average person doesn't know. Each level comes with its own pain, comes with its tone obstacles.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just it's some things they don't tell you. You're gonna figure it out, but don't worry about it because you're making the money. You know, they'd be like, damn, bro, I thought this was to the face, and they gonna come and get it.
Speaker 1: They gonna come and.
Speaker 2: Get it however they can if you don't give it up. Pause, like they gonna they gonna come grab that ship, bro, you know, because they keeping track of everything.
Speaker 1: Insurance too, that's another one. Man.
Speaker 2: Don't you want to leave the country.
Speaker 4: I've been read about other places. Yeah, Bro, have health insurance, car insurance I got. I see when I was younger, I used to catch the bus. Mom never had Dad never had a license. Will get put over car going like that. Now we're busting into school and work. So Bro, I went crazy on cars, like I got so many cars.
Speaker 1: They did.
Speaker 4: They hit you with the insurance. Yeah, yeah, what's the insurance on the mayback about? They want like seven hundred the money Jesus Christ. You do that times for other luxury cars. Then you got the utility.
Speaker 1: Vehicles all premium gas too.
Speaker 4: It's better gas, gas burning slower when you so you don't have to refiel as much when you go ninety one.
Speaker 1: Man. At least it's good to know. Man. See, they'll tell you these things. They still don't matter. Bro.
Speaker 4: You rite all that stuff, they still winning. It's just like a little rebate.
Speaker 1: Rebate.
Speaker 2: You don't even see it though, Like it's like show it up, Garcia. I read that you want to work with.
Speaker 4: Bro Tyler is just on fire. Like y'all see what he do when he jumps with different genres of music. You know, y'all see what he did when he worked through like a designer brand, when he worked with a streetwhear brand. You know, I'm wondering people, I'm gonna tell you that this is about me. Yeah, I'll be wanting collapse, right, but I don't want too much unless it comes to me. So whatever the fuck Tyler want to do, let's do it. I'm not going there like I want to do this and that. No, what are you feeling? Yeah, you know that's always been me. So he wanted to do some clothes, We can do some clothes. He want to do some charity work. We can do some charity work. You want to go to Watts at this little five week program I'm doing where I'm teaching these kids how to build their brand and work with that, I'm down to do it work.
Speaker 1: Do that too.
Speaker 4: I just feel like he's such a you know, he's one of the biggest ones out of la as far as like art and music and stuff.
Speaker 1: So I just want to work with somebody like that. You can see it. You know. I never met him.
Speaker 4: I never met Tyler, so you know I love to meet him, but just speaking through what the work and his work ethic and you know that he's fired. Yeah, personally, I don't know the man, but I'm just going off of that.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, yeah, we met him once.
Speaker 2: You know, I met him in Garcia's met him as well. Great energy, just like that infectious energy. You know, you need people like that around continue to create and collab with you.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm bro like.
Speaker 4: I want to work with different people so you know I could get something from them.
Speaker 1: Of course, it's all about brushing shoulders.
Speaker 4: When I go to events or different spots, I'm trying to network and see one plus one makes too. That's all I'm doing. Hey, what's what's your name? What you do where you work at? Let me get your ground? Okay, here next media, bro, you ever think an awful lot of costs there? Let me know wherever you at because a lot of these places I'm trying to go, I need somebody at the table speaking up for me, you know, I need somebody like Hey, we need to get Dub in here. But I have to brush shoulders with these people. So when they sitting there and they thinking, who.
Speaker 1: Can we do in LA that can help us or we can work with.
Speaker 4: That's so Dub. He's solid. He got a team. He gonna help us. You know, I don't be needing too much. You know, I got a whole team. I damn, They're gonna take the stress off your shoulders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just let me in the door. Yeah, let me do bro Man Rolling Loud.
Speaker 4: Uh followed them a few years doing pop ups in the city. One of one of the one of them reached out. We've been locked in every since while ever since. I'm a partner. I can drive my car on that mud. You know, they are know my name, you know, like you know. And it was just from introduction. So I'm really all about the network. It ain't about selling hoodies no more.
Speaker 1: It's about growing, Yeah, collabing. You see that shirt? Is that Spanish?
Speaker 2: You know it's going?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Bro stopped playing. He knew where he was coming. I'm gonna go see Mexican ass cruise and ship. You feel me. I gotta make him comfortable.
Speaker 4: I don't know about anywhere else, bro, But like to me, I grew up in Watts like my next door neighbors, Angel. You know, I used to go there trash stand full of beers, caring the inside of all that. So yeah, Mexican to me, we the same motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: I celebrate Sinko to my bigger than I celebrate Black History Month.
Speaker 1: Bro. I'm sorry, I'm turned out, sorry about that. I'm just saying, Yo, bro C.
Speaker 4: You know it's so crazy. That really shocked me. Okay, so you know I'll be doing the collapse and stuff. There's way more Mexican brands out there that look up to me than it is anything else.
Speaker 1: And your customer base is Latino as well.
Speaker 4: One thousand percent. You feel me like those is my boys. But it's it's be so crazy because they be like, Bro, I got a brand, let me see that ship. You got a hoodie for me?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I just I'm just trying to plant to see. But it's a lot of good brands out there, and I'll be seeing that ship.
Speaker 1: They be like, Bro, this shit hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I'm thinking, Bro, I'm thinking that's an awful lot of cruise your shirts.
Speaker 4: It's coming I wish I would have whipped it up even faster. We're gonna get everybody. We might even have to go letterman jacket, like, yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 1: See that?
Speaker 2: Like me, let's make enough for us. I was staying to give out as a promotional idea.
Speaker 4: Youah, no, we're gonna show get something. I'm gonna make something for y'all. Especially then we're gonna go for share customers and listeners. Man.
Speaker 1: I like the way that look.
Speaker 2: I think that'll be dope. A couple of hoodies, couple T shirts.
Speaker 1: A couple of hoodies make you a nice little letterman? Yeah, Bro, at least not.
Speaker 4: Y I'm telling you. When I met him last time at Roller, I told her, I'm like, I'm really a fan, bro. I see these players and all that ship. You had the radio station for a very long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: And then even the more so the fact that I'm finally at this level and now I get to sit across from you do an interview for you know me, It's fucking crazy. It's like watching the NBA game and then you're going there and now Kobe.
Speaker 1: Is like, what up? Bro, You're like, Bro, I watched you know me ma, you and inspire me. Man.
Speaker 2: Your story inspires me. Man, your work ethic inspires me. Man, it really does, man, And I'm proud to have you on.
Speaker 4: And it's just great get a recognition from somebody who's like such a you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Pick and we took a pick and you posted and you're like, y'all been listening to this dude for a minute, man, whatever I can do a minute.
Speaker 1: And lifetime about.
Speaker 4: And we hear it's like it's not like no, you know, boom boom, were here, bro, you know, shit be crazy. It's like workings, listening and nip and now I'm flipping burgers at your restaurant.
Speaker 1: Wow, come on, it's deeper.
Speaker 4: It's like you got one level where it's like it's fire being here, but you don't understand to look up and then to be looking to the side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the biggest.
Speaker 2: Growth in your relationship. And if you I mean you had his pin number, Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: That's my dog.
Speaker 4: Still to this day, I still feel the same relationship with him. God bless you know what I mean, awful lot of it, a lot of it. And now that you know, Black Sam gave me the green light to start working on a collaboration awful lot of marathon.
Speaker 1: So it's just like that's on its way. Man, that's gonna pop awful lot of marathon.
Speaker 2: They're looking at the camera and tell them that ship bro right here our camera.
Speaker 4: Me and Black Sam sat down and we came to an agreement that it's about time for us to do an awful lot of marathon. We're gonna start off with a clothing collab. From the clothing collab, we're probably gonna go marijuana collapse something like that. Then even hit him with a burger or something on the marathon burger if you feel me so, I'm gonna have a special island at the marathon Burger. We're gonna do a clothing collab and some type of tree.
Speaker 1: You see. All you gotta do is tell that's so to go.
Speaker 2: And he's in a meeting, Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 5: I really want to hear your customer service voice.
Speaker 1: That's what we're on the phone when somebody come in.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, okay, we're gonna get you out of uh when you call in the bank.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: How are you doing today, sir? I'm not doing well for some reason. My card isn't working. I'm very upset. It's raining outside. I'm put over on the side of the road and I just want my car to work. Please help me. And if you can't connect me to a supervisor, please, that's what we got. He's like, you just got to sound like an angry, caring dude.
Speaker 1: You got to kind of like verbally paint your anger there. You can't. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Let me just give you a hit. I'm sitting right here. My leg is twitching, very very very furious.
Speaker 1: This is the second time I tried my car on a lot of time. Is getting declinent.
Speaker 2: My blood sugar is low. A whisper that you al a whisper, that's.
Speaker 1: A whole funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just got off a flight. I'm trying to get a rental. I've been standing in line for hours.
Speaker 1: I'll beat you.
Speaker 2: Talk to somebody on the farm.
Speaker 1: Caps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, parents had cat way before because she his mom worked for Macy's. You feel me so like, yo? Is that like is that a dream or is that a goal to get your product into Macy's, into department stores?
Speaker 4: Bro, I've been inside some big stories before. Webster's bread Seagull. It's all a scam. Kind of like lifting the weight off your shoulders so they can take all the money.
Speaker 1: And I'm not with that a lot of these stories.
Speaker 4: When you try to get into depharma stores, first of all, they take a percentage of yourselves. They take a percentage of yourself. On top of that, you have to pay to be there. So when I was to be there, yeah, let's say I was at friends Eigels, right, And it's different when they re child and they really want it because they see it. But if they do that, that's even more of a scam.
Speaker 1: So let's go. You pay for the space.
Speaker 4: Everybody pays face where you're a Nikey, whatever the case, you pay for the space, and then off top, if you sell a certain amount, they'll give you the space for free. Because if you sell a certain amount, there getting twenty thirty percent of that, right you know. So yeah, you're in there and you're making a lot of money. They're waiving the space because they're making so much money off of you.
Speaker 1: I was with Fred Siegel's before, like.
Speaker 4: A couple of years ago, and I was so happy and threelled and I'm like, every time I do a drop, I'm gonna drop it at Fred Siegel and then sell it at the store, you know. But we're gonna make Fred Siegel know that we the people, you know, we the Ninjas, et cetera, et cetera. I did a collide with Draco there. I did a collab with Alwar Carris there. We had lines out the block. Remember, man, But why am I sending all y'all to this store when I have a store on Millrose.
Speaker 1: Why am I paying y'all to be there? Why am I even? And you know what they're doing. They're using me to.
Speaker 4: Bring my I'll talk to one of our customers coming here and buy one hundred and fifty dollars short from me. Were going to spend four hundred dollars on some genies from them. So really, y'all charging me to be here, You're taking a percentage of my sales just so I can feel like I'm cool because I'm at fred Siegel. But then my customers are y'all making more money today that I have customers there.
Speaker 1: It's all a big scam, bro on straight. That's insane, you know.
Speaker 4: But then you learn so that did that to me, right, and then I understand now why people let somebody do a pop up and not charge them, you know so, but it's like you kind of devilish when you're charging me and you're making money off of me bringing people here. You shouldn't just charge should just give it to me, give me the spot. I'm gonna blow y'all spot up. Y'all gonna make money off of what they selling. But that's not how they be. So wow, I don't It's cool. I got a few buddies that sell stuff. But just think if that story closed down kind of will happen to your sources of income. It's like they're like the table and you're the food on top. What happened when the table fall? What you're gonna eat on your lap?
Speaker 1: Right? You know you're just not gonna eat.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I think it's fire, but I think you kind of got to use that or really just build your own stuff. It's gonna take longer. It's gonna take a lot longer. That's all right, Well that they really fucking us, no cap.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's another thing they don't tell you. They won't.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be so happy they taking percentages and this, and you think that's regular.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because we've never been in those positions, that's.
Speaker 4: The biggest thing with this industry. You know, it's not a predominantly like minority industry.
Speaker 1: I done got I.
Speaker 4: Got fucked so many times. And this ship, Bro, it's a blessing that I'm still here.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: But that's what it takes right to like create Yeah, I mean, you know, to create strains knowledge.
Speaker 1: I supposed to be here.
Speaker 4: It's a lesson and that's how I know I'm supposed to be here when I and took all of these type of l's and I'm still going.
Speaker 1: You ever seen rond boy, You're gonna.
Speaker 4: Got stabbed, shot dropped off a play and you're still going, Oh yeah, you meant for this, bron, What don't need you working at rouse?
Speaker 2: This is where you need to be at A Mexican boxer, right, Mexican boxer will die.
Speaker 1: In the ring. Come on, bro.
Speaker 4: It was like, my body is conditioned for this, I'm made for this. This is really light work for me compared to this ship. I used to have to do to try to get money.
Speaker 1: So I love it.
Speaker 4: But it's really like you're gonna get this, Dan, It's like you ain't got no parents. Most of the time with the clothing industry, that parents was in the clothing industry.
Speaker 1: They went to school for it, passed down, they did all of that, you know, but with this no.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna this is what it's important that you hear.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You know, Jackie and Nico they're engaged. They're also on the show together. Here they have a wife over there' here that's right. Hey, they have a small business, have a food fest. They have merged.
Speaker 5: Yeah you Mexicano food first on Mexican he's Filipinos.
Speaker 1: So we gotta pull up. Yeah, I gotta pup. That'd be great, man, a lot of Mexicanos.
Speaker 2: That's an awful lot of Cruise Show first, and then we'll get to the other projects.
Speaker 1: We'll get to the other project. We will get after marathon.
Speaker 2: Marathon right, one project got time to roll out? Yeah, yo, bro, I got a special guest on the phone. They want to say, Hi. Is this okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? You got time? Yeah? Okay? Hello?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What up? Mama?
Speaker 3: Hi? How are you? Who is this?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: So my name is Jay Cruz, your son is on the Cruise Show out here in Los Angeles, Real ninety two to three.
Speaker 1: iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: I know you're Yeah, what up Watts. I see Watts California all day.
Speaker 3: Stop playing with me.
Speaker 2: Don't do that, you know, I know, listen, it is a blessing to have you on the air with us. I just want to say, I know you are a devout woman of God.
Speaker 1: Uh and uh.
Speaker 2: I would be crazy not to ask you for a prayer this morning.
Speaker 1: Is that okay?
Speaker 3: Lord, that's that's fine. Father God and the Lord Jesus.
Speaker 6: We thank you for this day.
Speaker 3: God. You said it shall be as you.
Speaker 6: Were claiming to be. In the name of Jesus, I thank.
Speaker 3: You, Father God. She was a blessing God. I thank you for open doors. God. I thank you for bringing up facing ba bah.
Speaker 6: God that open the door. Father, God, that don't manage I'm close in the name of Jesus because he's to thank God. They don't glory God, not are of God. He's just saying in authority.
Speaker 3: By God, you are, Oh, oh Father, and all going. God, don't bless me to that one. Father got up up in the time of my boy Father God, blessing is that's going in and coming out. Guy. I thank you, my God for the head and protection us to put around them by the God leading the guides of your true God. Thank you by the God, but by the blades we play.
Speaker 1: Amen. Amen.
Speaker 2: Man, Yo, these prayers work, man, These prayers work.
Speaker 1: Man. They obviously have on you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: I didn't mean to make you cry, Mom, No, that's a happy cry.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 3: It is just such a happy cry. You just don't know. Oh my God, God said it. Three days. It's three days. This chell me.
Speaker 1: God, bless you. We love you.
Speaker 2: We love your son, we love your son's product. We believe in everything he does, and we're very proud of everything he's done. And we have his back one hundred percent. Thank you very much for your time.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I appreciate the callboy.
Speaker 1: God bless you.
Speaker 2: Tearing up You're tearing up here. I feel it, bro, I feel it man, like I'm trying to hold it back myself. It's love, man, this is what it's about. Thank you very much, man, thank you, you got it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: That was fine, Yo. Mom's of the best. Man. I was saying this the other day.
Speaker 2: We're all so lucky, and for those who don't, I'm very sorry, but like, we're so lucky to be able to pick up the phone and call our mothers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I used to when I used to go to jail a lot, bro because I ain't gonna That was a point in my time in my life, probably all the way up to like twenty seven, where I was convinced that I was gonna spend a lot of time in jail. And I was convinced because then I won't get upset when it happened. You know, I done spend like three Chris three or four Christmases in jail, like two or three birthdays in jail your life.
Speaker 1: For yeah, I'm just like this is it?
Speaker 4: You feel me ain't nothing but the fucking day camp be really not about to do that because and then I'm trying to get money. So all the way up to like twenty seven, I thought I was gonna be in jail, and then she was kind of like fuck, she knew this. You know, I didn't care about not going to jail, Like I'm not scared about going to jail, and they used to scare So when every every high event in my life, she's there, Now you know, Wow, she's gonna be out roland loud. She's did, she works the store, she goes to pop ups with me. Then when I was joiced to call her every day to pray for me. So it's now every day she sends me a prayer.
Speaker 1: Those prayers worked. Yeah, for sure they really did.
Speaker 2: Man, Congratulations, thank you, congratulations man. Yoh you also teamed up before Loco. I know it's crazy to go for mom before Loco, but.
Speaker 1: We're here, brother. Yeah. So again.
Speaker 4: We're not selling hoodies like that, were networking for Loco. Seeing me at Roland Loud in my activation in Miami, and it wasn't even my biggest activation. It was like some cool shit, you know, and they were like, we loved it, We loved what you were doing. How can we be a part of the team. We worked out a few you know, and and I would saying, hey, now it's awfut of four local.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're helping us with the right now.
Speaker 4: We're just starting with just you know, introducing my customers, my brand, you know, trying to bring us together. They're helping they're helping me with a few burdens that I have, and I'm helping them, you know, try to promote a new drink.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you man for the merch, the product, Thank you for the time.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: What was my first drink? In my high school party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. I used to drink and wake up like what happened? What? What did we just? It was?
Speaker 2: I know it was fun, right, I was gonna say, that's not a bad thing. Yeah, no, no, it was a fun like hold on, we just had a ball.
Speaker 1: It was the.
Speaker 5: I was drinking with my parents picking me up from a party.
Speaker 1: I was right, that's right, that's right. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Let's get it, man, that's no dub. Appreciate you, brother, thank you for the time. Let's get saying awful lot of appreciate Let's go yeah, real ninety two or three Crew Show