Speaker 1: So for fifty plus this week. It's my birthday.
Speaker 2: My birthday is coming up this week, and and I was like, okay, there is.
Speaker 1: That's all we gotta talk about. When I was a kid, I used to sell candy.
Speaker 2: We had Helen Graces, but we also had this one called World's Finest Chocolate.
Speaker 1: And you and I know you guys.
Speaker 2: I don't if you guys sold candy when you were growing up, but it was like there was there was like you had to sell like you get ten or twenty bars per box, and you had to sell them for a dollar. Back then it was a dollar, and you would they were towards something and it was funny. I remember once I jumped for a zone and they were like, you have to pay that back.
Speaker 1: They're like three dollars a blocks hour.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I was in a Chevron gas station, a Chevron gas station, and I saw World's Finest Chocolate.
Speaker 1: I'm like for a dollar, I'm like, what.
Speaker 2: I have not seen this since I was like in high school, which was nineteen eighty seven. I've seen how the gracist is, but I never seen World's Finess. So here's what it looks like. This is the Christy one this is the milk chocolate these used to sell. We said one it was caramel to this thing. If you remember this thing is tiny right now. In the old days, it was this size, was one even bigger. I think it was like a little longer and bigger. It was this size made of one. Now it's two. It is crazy how that went down. And I'm like, what happened, World's finest? Why are they like this? I don't understand. It was crazy talk. So I'm thinking of my just thinking of my childhood and all the years I I sold candy, and I'm just like the world has gone crazy and it's gone crazy and candy. And no, it's not that I thought that I was smaller. Out of the bars were bigger. The people back then, if you were doing it, you were you were doing it. You know how big things were. I just it's it's funny because I think back at school. I was never fully a school person. I mean I went to school, was practical. School was school was that I knew I had to do. And I was popular in school, not because I tried to be or anything. I just I was a friendly person. I was called a group hoopper. I could go to different groups. I could be with the rockers, I conna be with the volleyball kids. I'd be with the smarties and with the nerds. Like I just, I went just wherever. I was in Spanish club, I was in this guy, I was in drama with it.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I just I just moved around a lot, and I had a lot of friends. Always had a lot of friends. So I think, I just I'm just thinking back on all that and and I there's sometimes I missed it a little bit because life is getting harder now at this age and other stuff, and I'm just like those carefree days are having to worry about school and worry about maybe a spelling beach championship or a soccer game coming up. You know, we try to grow so fast, and I had to grow up really fast because my home situation and plus the gen X are we just were. We were basically bor and grown and so I had no choice. But I guess. So I look back at my life as my birthday approaches, and not looking back my life, I believe my twenties in some thirties I made up for it. I did a lot.
Speaker 1: I did a lot of st I had a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: I will say that I was working hard, but I had a lot of fun and did a lot of different things and had a good time. And I think I made up for some of those things. And I mean even when I was a teenager. I mean I had fun, but I was on a mission.
Speaker 1: Like I am now.
Speaker 2: I'm always on a Missionways want you something, I'm just thinking back on. Wow, those are the days. There were some good days. I think about it sometimes and things like selling this chocolate. It just it just it takes you back, and I don't know, just it's it's very interesting. This one's peanut free and gluten free. Oh dang, So I why I share that as I'm getting ready to turn fifty six or by the time you watch this, roady fifty six, I could be year older already. Depends on what when this comes, when you watch it, you put it out on Tuesdays. It depends on when you're watching it. I think you were watching I know. I do this as a audio show, but occasionally do video versions because I really wanted to show the the skinny things.
Speaker 1: I'll put them over here somewhere some later. hYP birthday to me.
Speaker 2: I missed the seventies and eighties sometimes actually it's ninety sometimes too.
Speaker 1: As you know, as a young adult, you know it was hard too. It's hard.
Speaker 2: Life is there's something else. There's something else, you guys, really is, and being fifty plus is something else also, and that's so profound. But I just sometimes you just start words. It's it's it's about feelings. You anybody, you feel it, And I'm glad I made it here, obviously, but you have no ideas what you get here, what it's like. That's I guess the best way to say it to say, you just see this. It's it's a different it's a different stage of life. It really is than forties or thirties or twice, a different age your life that you start to enter, you.
Speaker 1: Go into.
Speaker 2: And I know you'll go online, you'll scroll through the Instagram on Facebook and yeah, people will tell you, no, it's not any different, No, it's not any of this.
Speaker 1: No now now, no, oh my god, what's wrong?
Speaker 2: You know? It's age. I think a number of stuff and in some cases that's true, right, in some instances that is just a number, and our person, I'm a toll example of someone who has never been held back.
Speaker 1: I try whatever I want to try whenever I try it. But I was saying that it's it.
Speaker 2: It looks and feels different these days physically and mentally, and you're handling different things now these days too.
Speaker 1: That's what it is there, So.
Speaker 2: Anyha, I will continue to talk about this subject and others on this show fifty plus on Tuesdays from JLJA Media. I'm James Nott Junior. Anybody else's turning anybody else's fifty plus hay birthdays this week or next week? May how your birthday to youtub