Speaker 1: It's time for Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it started the five o'clock hour here on a Wednesday afternoon. Happy hump day, everybody. Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. My name's Nick Coffee. The company man, mister John all on alongside. One hour left and if you guys want to be a part of the show, you can do it. Give us a call five O two five seven one seventy nine hundred. You can also text in on the Ellen and Federal Credit Union text line at five O two sixty five three zero seven ninety.
Speaker 3: I will remind you.
Speaker 2: Coming up this weekend, our friend's over at the Jefferson Animal Host they're going to have their pet blood Bank event, which it's pints for palls and people, that's the name of the event, and they are doing it to raise awareness and educate folks about how pets can donate blood. And they're also of course looking to get people to not only learn about it, but participate have their pets. See if they well, I guess you would have to see if your pet is a I don't think your pets are going to show up and knock on the door and say, hey, am.
Speaker 3: I do I qualify to be a pet blood donor?
Speaker 2: But if they did, that would be pretty cool, right either way, if your pet, your dog is fifty pounds or less or your cat is ten pounds or less, they could qualify. And if they qualify and they donate blood, what that can do is help it save up to four to six lives. So it's coming up this Saturday, ten am to two pm. Pints for pausing people, Jefferson Animal Hospital on outer Loop, Bring your pets, bring your family, and they'll have food, live demonstrations on the pet blood donations, just to give you a chance to see how it works. And great cause obviously and should be a lot of fun. So again, you can visit Pet Blood Bank to get more info where you can go, or you can give them a call five ooh to nine hundred pets. All right, I got some good news, and I'm sure you know this is something you guys have really been losing sleep about. You've probably been stressing about it. You might want to sit down because this might bring you know, some very just uncontrollable emotion out of you. I say that all very sarcastically. I hope you guys can pick up on the sarcasm there. But I'd come to you today in my vehicle that I did not have for twenty seven days. So finally I got my car back and I missed it. I'm glad to have it back, But as we discussed earlier in the show, I still can't help but feel like a pit in my stomach about the whole situation. And when I think about it and I talk about it like it just it takes me to a place mentally I don't want to be at and I can't really control that. So I'm sure I'll get over it over time. But there have been some people that have sent in some, you know, some suggestions on how to, you know, get over it. Many have just told me, know, sack up, grow up, get over it. I mean, that may be the best advice I've gotten so far. Others have told me to talk to a therapist. Maybe that's it, And it's not really that. It's not that deep, it's not that serious. But I thought yesterday would be like the ultimate day where I realized because it was good for me to go to the store where this all happened, and I had to sign some documents, just I guess signing off that that you know, they me confirming via signature that they have in fact repaired any damage as they that they caused from what they did. And I could just tell that the manager, who you know, was the person who did it, like felt bad, like I could just I could feel it, and I feel sad for her because she didn't mean to do it, and I'm sure she's probably been in trouble and like felt I mean, I know she felt bad. But here I am after not having my car for like a month, and I'm the one feeling bad, Like what like that? It's just like it's it's it's got my mind and it's a pretzel as far as just how you know, But others have asked, like do I like if I thought about hiring an attorney to do what like they did fix it? I mean, if I went to Judge Judy, which would be awesome, and by the way, like I may actually for the first time have a chance to go to Judge Judy because I love Judge Judy. It's it's a weird and random thing like when I when when I put it this way, like I watch more Judge Judy than I'd be willing to admit to you guys. I mean it's it's an unhealthy obsession where I just binge Judge Judy. If I got nothing going on, I'm going to fire up YouTube TV. I got them all DVRD, and I don't think it's as good. But now she's got her show Judy Justice on Amazon Prime and it's you know, it's it's where I get my fixed for Judge Judy. So but but if I did, like what would be my like, hey, you owe me for like I didn't, like, you know, I didn't lose out on work.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't have a vehicle. I was able to use a vehicle without paying anybody I borrowed. Remember I was blessed Nana for a little while there, and then I was able to use vehicles here at work. Think thanks to the company for you know, having vehicles that they let me use.
Speaker 3: And then I.
Speaker 2: Used a vehicle that the dealership who was fixing the car let me use that I didn't have to pay for. So like, I'm not really out any money I could have been, but like I would be lying if I said I missed out on this day of work in these wages. So like, all in all, it could have been worse for me. So maybe I just need to remind myself of that. But I've just never been in this position where I can claim that, like I was very much, you know, wrong by a company that did do their best. I think to mean they could have done a lot better, but like they did fix it just took a lot longer than expected and they never really like nobody from the higher ups really seemed to care that, like the whole thing happened. So I just need to move on from it, and I'll probably never talk about it again after today, but it is something that here and there still I get asked about, so I wouldn't be shocked. And I'm not kidding when I go to the game, because there are people who probably listen to this show here and there throughout the day. Maybe they listened a couple times a week. I mean, I think if you're not listening every day for three full hours, you need to re evaluate your priorities. But you know that's up to you. I can't control that, but i'd be willing to bed whenever we go to the game on Saturday. We're gonna I'm going with the family again, my wife, and we're gonna take Moose. Like I bet somebody ask me about my car, because whenever I was you know, whenever I shared the story initially when it was just happening, I mean it was. I mean it's a story a lot of people probably didn't believe, but it was true for.
Speaker 4: What it's worth. And I don't say this just to toot your horn. I think you handle it about as well as you could have. And I'm not referring to like the on air stuff. I know for some reason you're not happy about the way you handled that, which I don't really have an opinion on it, but overall, I feel like I don't know if I would have handled it any better, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I again, I just had fear that I was going to have to like go buy a new car and have to like pay an attorney to like help me try to fight with AutoZone. And when it comes to corporations that have the ability from a legal standpoint, like they got more resources than I do, right, Like they would just hope that I would eventually give up, and I didn't. You know, I probably would have fought until I couldn't anymore. But like, it just was I was kind of embarrassed about how I handled it when you and I would just talk about it, because you know, John can attest to this, like I would get going on and I would just lose my mind, which I think most I don't know, I tell myself and I try to convince myself that most people would, but you know, I don't know. It was a learning experience for me. You know, I'm kind of an adult. I'm thirty six now. I mean I kind of at times, you know, get I mean, this is this is what I do for a living, so I get to, you know, live a life that at times I don't really feel like an adult. I mean I say that jokingly, like I am a grown up who has children and whatnot, and you know there's some sarcasm here when I'm saying it. But it was one of those things where I'm like, this could potentially turn into like a real life grown up problem that it's going to inconvenience me, and I don't want to deal with that. But you know, it is what it is. And again, I'm sure a lot of you right now are feeling much better about everything knowing that I got my car back. And again I'm being sarcastic, and I I'm not going to mention the name of that company ever again on this show.
Speaker 4: I wish they'd stop running ads on this show. And I don't think I know the I know, the brass at iHeart doesn't really you know, at least our brass. They don't necessarily decide how that works. But anytime I hear commercial from that company, I just almost like, really.
Speaker 2: Well, we had somebody calling, was it last week who was like, hey, I needed windshield wipers and there were there was a competing store across the street, and I decided to go there instead, and I'm like yeah, And then I'm like, well, you know, and I meant that, and thank you to those who have decided to, you know, support me, and by not giving them business, which doesn't really impact me by any means they're gonna be just fine. I mean they could, like, they could have ruined my car, and you know, it could have been a lot worse for me, and they'd still would have been okay. Regardless of what I would have done, because I'm again it's it all comes back to feeling helpless about it and not really knowing like what what I can and do, you know, to get their attention, to make them make it right. So anyways, we'll move on, all right, don't forget coming up on Saturday. We've got you covered for game coverage, I mean, the game itself.
Speaker 3: We won't be here.
Speaker 2: I mean you can stay here if you'd like. I'm not sure what you'll hear, but I'll be watching Louisville and Miami. But before that, I'm going to have the pregame show, which is from eleven to noon, and it'll be it'll be myself and we'll get you set for kickoff the Louisville Football Pregame Show percent about Pellow Windows and Doors of Central Kentucky and Jefferson Animal Hospital. And then as soon as the game ends, we'll go live for the louisvill Football postgame Show presented by alex Arwhite Lawyers to Distracted Driver dot com.
Speaker 3: This week.
Speaker 2: Really, as of now we're in the five o'clock hour on a Wednesday. Not much has changed for me as far as like how I feel about the game, and not that that would have an impact on the game. But usually I go through a routine throughout the week when you play. When you play an opponent like Miami, meaning a team that you know, even if you play well, you lose because they're good. I just I'm I'm done trying to I guess convince myself that you know, this is the game where they clean it up. Doesn't mean that they won't. I hope they will, but I kind of feel like the last really, the last three weeks, the last three games, you have been opportunities for you to work towards cleaning things up, avoiding mistakes that seem pretty avoidable, and they haven't done it, you know, and that's just something that we have to acknowledge. Doesn't mean that they're terrible, doesn't mean that they are completely incapable of playing clean football and just looking the part. When I say looking the part, I don't even mean from a talent perspective. I just mean from like an organizational standpoint. I mean doesn't mean they can't. It's just at this point you are where you are. I mean, when they played Georgia Tech in a game that they won, and they made winning plays. I remember on the postgame show and that following Monday giving Georgia Tech a lot of credit and Brent Key a lot of credit for keeping you from playing clean football. And I still think that's true. Georgia Tech. They're they're a gritty team, Like I wouldn't be shocked if if they beat Notre Dame this weekend. I mean, I mean, it's going to be a big crowd there in Atlanta for them, and you know, that's the kind of game. I could see Georgia Tech pulling off the upset because I don't really think Notre Dame's all that special. So I still think they're a gritty team that does a lot to make you have to beat them, But maybe not the way you want to write. I mean, they played Georgia within a score last year. He's knocked off a few ranked teams. But what I guess ignored was that, like maybe that's just Louisville, that they are a team that is going to make some mistakes and that is going to you know, commit some silly penalties and whatnot. And again they took advantage of mistakes that Georgia Tech made and that changed the game, right, You being able to get a quick score because Haines King didn't realize that, you know, I mean, I don't know what he realized. He made a really bone headed mistake, and you know, Louisville was able to convert that into a touchdown in the end zone. Same thing when you block the field goal and took it to the house. Like some would say that that's lucky. Clearly it's not a play you just bank on happening or I mean both those plays or plays you don't expect to happen. But you were there and you were able to really make an opponent pay for them not playing clean football. And again, I'm not trying to take that went away from him, but it was a bigger sign than I realized at the time, because then you go to South Bend and you make a lot of avoidable mistakes and just keep shooting yourself on the foot and we're sloppy and it cost you.
Speaker 3: SMU.
Speaker 2: I mean, I will give them a lot of credit. They were just a lot better than I anticipated, and they were a big factor and why they won that game. But Louisville also again continue to make, you know, silly mistakes, especially the lack of communication on defense and just not really knowing what I mean, just the game plan there was just bad. And you know, Jeff essentially said it after the game, and the Virginia game was a chance to go beat a team that you know you could probably still make similar mistakes and beat because you're better than them. And that's really what happened. I mean, if you believe that they turned the corner in a major way because they won, that's your opinion, I mean, don't. I didn't see it that way. Again, a win is always better than a loss. But I still think they were They looked like the same team they'd been in previous weeks. They just you know, played a team that wasn't quite as good. And maybe their defensive communication was better because Ron English moved from the booth to the sideline and all that, but let's be real, they still at times made crucial mistakes at the worst possible times. So doesn't mean they can't get it fixed. They just haven't yet, and I think six games in you just have to look in the mirror and acknowledge who you are as a team. So there's no better time to get it fixed than now, because a win here could could really, not only for the fans, not only for you know, the potential acc race, but I think for this group because they look, they know who, they know that they've come out and underwhelmed as far as just you know, mistakes that I I, you know, what do I know? I've never played football in my life, doesn't mean I don't you know, doesn't mean I don't know the game and whatnot. And I'm sure there's many including you listening, that know it better than me. But let's be real, some of these mistakes they make are just ones that you should easily be able to avoid. You don't even need to know football to know that, but you just got to clean You got to clean it up. And if they clean it up, I think they could get a real big boost because they would know, Hey, if we do in fact come ready to play, we're more disciplined, we don't hurt ourselves as much. We can go out and win every game left on the schedule. I'm not predicting that would happen, but like, if you can beat Miami at home, I think that means you can beat anybody left on your schedule. Now Clemson at their place, that's going to be a tall task because clemson't doesn't lose many games at home. Although I'm really curious to see what happens in this Virginia Clemson game. It's gonna be on at noon, just like Louisville and Miami, but Clemson twenty one point favorites. I guess that's not surprising considering that Clemson has been on a tear ever since they lost to Georgia. But I'm now to the point where I'm just anxious. I want to see what this Louisville team, what they do with how they look. The lines moved a little bit, though, I think it was three and a half, then four, and now we're sitting at Louisville plus five, so underdogs but not by a huge margin. But there has been a little bit of movement there, and that's that's really kind of what I expected there to be through throughout the week here. And it's really I think more so Miami than like Miami has clearly gotten more attention throughout this year than Louisville has for obvious reasons. They're undefeated, they look like the best team in the ACC right now, despite having some close calls here as of late. But I just you know, and again I guess I should. You know, if Louisville does end up winning, I won't care what the national reaction is. But my prediction would be that it'll be that the ACC doesn't really have a great team, because despite that being their first loss, they could have easily lost to Virginia Tech, who people don't think is any good. And cow was up, you know, twenty points nearly on him in the in the second half of that game, So just be prepared that that'll be the noise out there.
Speaker 3: But you know, I won't.
Speaker 2: I won't care, and I would assume most louis of fans won't care either, because, hey, you need this win to get you back to where you feel like this could still be somewhat of a special season. Now you don't have as much control over it as you once did, and that's what happens whenever you have one an early loss, like you do to SMU, but also when you have really high expectations. And I don't think those expectations were misguided. I don't think they were over the top. Now, again, as I've said before, and I probably should say it more, I'm never going to be somebody that says that if Louisville's not one of the twelve teams in the play and that means the season is a disappointment and it's a failure. And I got the since after they lost to SMU that there were people that thought that. And look, if you feel that way, feel however you want to feel. I just think that's a very I mean, you're gonna be pretty miserable because even though the playoff has expanded from four to twelve, it's clearly much more of a realistic thing. It's still gonna be really hard to do. Like, it's not gonna be something that you can just say, yeah, we were all right this year, made the playoff and lost in the first game. No, I think you know, there's gonna be some real stiff competition for those spots. And let's be honest, the league you're in is not one that's gonna be first or second in line? Do you get a second team in if you don't win your league?
Speaker 3: Real quick? Before we get to a break.
Speaker 2: The current the current numbers here, it looks like I guess it's some books. It's Louisville plus four and a half. Although, as I mentioned right now on DraftKings and FanDuel. It is at Louisville plus five. But right now, eighty one percent of the money that's coming I'm sorry, I'm sorry, eighty one percent of the bets on the spread here is for Miami to cover. Eighty four percent of the money coming in on this spread is for Miami to cover. As far as money line, there's no numbers just yet, but the total is sixty one and a half and the majority it's like it's fifty to fifty, well, fifty one forty nine as far as the bets on the over and under, but the money, there's seventy one percent of the money coming in on the over underwager for this to be over sixty one and a half, which I would you know, I would say if if you end up in a game where it's looking as if you know in the third quarter that the the over is relatively safe, I would say, that's a good sign for Louisville. But we'll see, all right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side. We didn't talk about it yesterday, but there's an update to it, and that's Jerry Jones going on a Dallas radio show and really just making a complete he asked of himself, and we now have his excuse as to why he did what he did. And you know, billionaires rarely show much remorse, right because they they're not real relatable, they don't have a whole lot of awareness. And he's really showing that. So we'll get to that and a lot more in these last thirty five minutes or so.
Speaker 3: Keep it locked.
Speaker 2: It's Coffee and Company Field by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety So. I've not watched a second of any NBA preseason and I probably won't, but obviously, no surprise, Bronnie James has been talked about quite a bit. I mean when I think of what I've seen as far as any coverage of NBA preseason, and I'm not looking for it, but obviously it's I mean, it's the NBA, Bronnie and his debut, playing alongside his dad, when history's going to be made, like it's it's happening.
Speaker 3: But man, I.
Speaker 2: Still kind of feel for the kid because he is to me technically still, I mean, he's an adult. Technically he's eighteen, but like you know, this.
Speaker 3: Kid had it's hard to say I feel sorry for.
Speaker 2: Him because again, think about his life right, Like he's he's even if he flames out in the NBA, which he probably will, like he's going to be set for life, and he is going to be taking somebody spot on the Lakers opening roster that is way more deserving than he is. So it's hard to say I feel sorry for him, but I don't really know how he Like I feel like, you know, he's probably just as delusional as his dad. And because of his upbringing, despite being very privileged and having a great life, he did miss out on opportunities to have self awareness, if that makes sense. Like he's not a normal kid, normal person at all, and that's not really his fault. So that's I guess what I mean when I say I feel bad for him. And anytime I say I feel bad for him, I instantly think, like, man, that sounds awful, because like this guy's got everything. He's in the NBA playing for the Lakers because his dad, you know what I mean, Like, that's what it all comes down to. But here are his numbers in the preseason right now. He's played forty four minutes. He's scored four points, he has five turnovers, He's two of sixteen from the field, oh of seven from three. And I also try to put myself in Lebron's shoes because I would do anything for my kid and wouldn't care what anybody thinks. Now, I would try to I would try to tell myself that. I would also understand when you think you're helping your kid, you may not. You may be putting him in situations to be made fun of her whatever. But as a dad, you may not even have that awareness because you love your kid and you'll do anything for your kid.
Speaker 3: That's just life.
Speaker 2: But like Lebron, you know he tweeted this just a year ago. Man, Bronny definitely better than some of these cats I've been watching on League Pass today. Lightweight, hilarious and then a bunch of laughing emoji's, Like Lebron didn't have to tweet that. And if look, he didn't tweet it and the results were still what they are, people would still be clowning the whole situation because it just seems like a circus type thing. But like Lebron hadn't really helped him in that regard. And again I believe, I mean, I mean, I stand by what I said, but I also feel like when it's your kid, like you can get a little bit.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's hard to.
Speaker 2: Be object like. For example, we never really got into it. We don't need to. But there were three different parents on Twitter that were Louisville football parents and their kids are really good players, and they were really just you know, surprised and letting it be known how surprised and disappointed they were in the fan base for being so upset after the lost SMU. And it just reminded me, like, there can't be two more unrelatable components within college sports than fans online, especially those that are on there anonymously in this toxic world of Twitter. Those people and then parents of players who are going to take anything you say about their kids performance personally because it's hard not to. So, you know, if my son ever plays high level sports in any way to where you know there's there's a fan base that's active on a social media platform, like I'm gonna know that's the last place I need to be, you know. So, I mean, it's nobody's fault. It's just like it's it's like you did. Those those two sides just have to know we probably can respect each other, but just stay away, Like, cause I could tell you how much I love your kid and I'm glad he plays for u of L because he's great or place for Kentucky, whatever it may be. But yet if like we watched a game together, or we're tweeting throughout a game together, like you're gonna hate me because any little thing I say that has maybe nothing to do with your kid, you're gonna probably take personal because that's what a lot of parents do. So trying to give Lebron the benefit of the doubt because it is his son, you know what I mean, Like, and he's he's if you're gonna leverage what you've what you've done, and what I mean when I say what he's done, I mean he's put together a career that is up there as good as anybody that's ever played the sport. I mean, I still would put Michael Jordan ahead of him. But like, even if you don't like Lebron, you can't deny his greatness and the fact that he's one of the most I mean, he's Lebron James. I mean, just he's Lebron. So if you are gonna leverage what you have built and established and you're gonna use that to help your child. I mean that in a way is understandable, but I think some of the lack of awareness from everybody involved has just been pretty pretty jarring, including Bronni himself, Like when he did the press conference after he got drafted and acted like he never even thought about playing with his dad. Like what, Like, I know you're young and naive, of course, and you don't have any awareness, but like, don't insult everybody's intelligence, even if they don't have much of it. They would know that, Like, that's just a lie. But you know who he learned from, a guy who talks in front of microphones and cameras, who's done a lot of the same stuff. So it's just how it is, all right. So Jerry Jones, he's crumbling. He is really having a hard time not making it clear to everybody that the Cowboy struggles with him being not only you know, the owner, but the GM and he's the one making all these decisions. And you know, there's always been criticism for the Cowboys, but it seems as if it's been a little louder this year than ever because they just paid Dack all that money and you know, it's not going well. Well, he does, I guess a radio hit one with a show that's on one oh five point three the fan in Dallas, And this was a story that was probably I mean it was yesterday's news, but we didn't get a chance to get to it with everything else going on. But he essentially threatened to have the hosts of this show fired because they were asking him questions and really, you know, doing I mean quite literally just doing their job. Have you heard this, John, I.
Speaker 3: Have not, Jared. I think the counter back when you said, where are you going to get the players? You can't get him this week is and your you're aware of all the off season topics.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but what is your counter? What is your damn counter? My counter isn't want to know where you would go or go get it now. Don't tell me about should gotten a guy in the off season?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 5: This isn't a damn word argument just because I'm not arguing with you. I'm dealing with how we line up against San Francisco, not what I did wrong last week or last month, or two months ago or two years ago. If I really gave you guys a list of all the things I've done wrong over the last few years. You couldn't be on this program for the next five years. Steady and go over it. But every now and then you do some right things and at the end of the day you add it up and the rights give you a better spot than the wrong.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna try to find this at the spot here. This was the Lenkier clip where here we go. Let me see if I can find it right.
Speaker 5: Here and sitting here and to all the good at with the dishwater. You have got to be smoking something over there this morning. I'm not, and I really don't, and I don't even want our listeners to listen to me to talk about this is not your job. Your job is to let me go over all the reasons that I did something and I'm sorry that I did it. That's not your job.
Speaker 3: Well, my job is to ask one job.
Speaker 5: Or I'll get another. I'll get somebody else to ask these questions.
Speaker 3: Man, Jerry, We're just we're trying to figure out why the team out.
Speaker 5: I'm not kidding it. I'm not kidding it. You're not going to figure out it's what the team is doing right or wrong. If you are are any five or ten, like you, you need to come to this meeting I'm going to today. There are thirty two teams. Here are your geniuses.
Speaker 2: So this eighty seven year old man is basically saying, these guys it's not their job to ask these questions because they wouldn't know how to fix it themselves. The ultimate what do you know you've never been in the locker room kind of thing? Well, dude, the only reason you're in the locker room is or involved with this is because you own the team and you're rich. You didn't earn anything when it comes to being a GM. You got a lot of money and you bought a team and you like play an NFL GM and everybody knows that. And that again lack of awareness in a major way there for him. But I love this story and what it's turned into because there's so many people defending these radio hosts who that is probably difficult to do because here's what's scary. He could get those guys fired if he wanted. He's Jerry Jones. I don't know if their station has the rights to broadcast those games, but like you know, he could, and him just willingly saying that and making it clear, like I'll get I can get somebody else to be the person that's asking these questions. And I'm not kidding. I mean, that's just that's that's being a bully, that's abusing your power. And these guys stood up with them, and uh, you know, everybody in the profession that is, you know, journalism, sports media, radio, even television all seemingly has the same reaction because I bet there's a lot of people that have in that industry that have dealt with something like that, not to the level of Jerry Jones on your own show saying basically without using you know, without saying it.
Speaker 3: Word for word, he's got the ability to have you fired.
Speaker 2: I mean, there used to be somebody that that had a lot of power around here in Louisville that would would let you know that pretty directly. Not on your show, but you know, behind the scenes. And it's a tough thing because it's your livelihood and you've got a family to take care of it, it's it's your career, and you could know you'd be doing you're doing your job, but there's people that you know, may take issue with what you say and what kind of questions you ask and what you and what direction you're going in. And I don't know anybody that's ever gotten super thin skinned and bothered by what a you know what a radio host, a blogger, a writer, a journalist, columnist TV. I don't know anybody body who's been from the inside, meaning a coach, a player, or a GM or an owner like Jerry Jones. You've never looked good doing that like coming after, because here's the thing. One, it's a tell that you are insecure and you're worried about the wrong things instead of getting things fixed, You're worried about what people are saying. It's it's it's the ultimate sign that you're unraveling and you may not actually be fit to be doing the job you're doing. But you know, it goes back to any time there's struggles going on within a program and you hear rather be a coach making a snide comment, or even an athletic director or even players. I think when they start talking about fan negativity when things are bad, you're cooked.
Speaker 3: You're cooked.
Speaker 2: You're instead of addressing what you got to do to get better and just realizing it's part of it. And there's expectations out there, which is probably why you want to do either coach or play at where you are, Like you're thinking that fan being disappointed with bad results is a factor in why you're unsuccessful.
Speaker 3: Like it's it's never a good look.
Speaker 2: And for Jerry Jones, you know it's not a I mean again, talk about unrelatable. This guy's a billionaire and literally bought an NFL team and his playing NFL GM and has for a long time. But here's what his response was. This was, Uh, this was from let's see here, Let's see if I can find the Uh yeah, he's he demands that threatening to fire?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, this is this is what it says.
Speaker 2: It says Jerry Jones defends threatening to fire radio hosts by claiming they aren't real fans or football people, so they can't question him. That again, I haven't that that's exactly what I I mean, without even knowing, that's exactly what he said to defend himself. It confirms everything I just laid out. He's a you're not a football person either. You just bought a team, dude, Like, what's your I mean? Like I think he did play football. I'm not saying he knows nothing about football, but like nobody would hire you to be a GM. You hired yourself is the GM because you own the team and you have an unlimited amount of money. Now again, you can't use that unlimited amount of money. There's a salary cab. But like he's in the belief that he's he's an accomplished and established GM when it's really not that way at all, and nobody sees it that way. And then goes back to like fans, those guys they may be Cowboys fans. Maybe they really are, but and I don't know their situation, But like that, that's another thing that if you have a platform, whether it be to write, to speak, podcast, radio, TV, whatever, I mean, there are people that think if you're not shaking the pom poms leading the pep rally, you're not a real fan.
Speaker 3: And that's that's I think that is kind of faded.
Speaker 2: A little bit, just because I think people have collectively realized that you can be a fan and yet be honest with other fans and honest with yourself. It's one thing to be nasty and just be you know, the worst. But like he used to trigger me so much when people would call in and and ask why I'm talking about Louisville basketball. What do you think we're gonna do around here? It's Louisvil basketball. You think you think you know, I'm going on of my way to bring up that Louisville basketball was terrible under kiddie paying, Like it's it's it's part of the job. It's what I have to do. Well, what's that helping? It's not my job to help at all, Like, that's not what this is. That's not what I'm supposed to do. So again, it's looked bad for Jerry Jones here, but he's been criticized for, you know, a long time for making poor decisions as a GM and owner, and I'm sure he won't change. But it was nice to see a lot of people defending those two hosts, who, you know, they probably got tougher skin than I do. They're probably a little more you know, secure about their situation because they're hosting. I mean, they're they're they're they're successful in.
Speaker 3: What they do.
Speaker 2: But they also know, hey, yeah, if he really wanted to, he could, he could.
Speaker 3: He's Jerry Jones.
Speaker 2: He could make some calls and we could lose our job, and they could blame it on anything else. But we would know that it's because we pissed off Jerry Jones. All right, let's talk about it. Underdog Fantasy. They're somewhat new to the game when it comes to, you know, the overall fantasy experience, sports wagering experience. Over a million fans across thirty three states got in the game last year. By competing on Underdog Fantasy. You can win up to one thousand times your money just by choosing high or lower on your favorite player stats. We're talking touchdowns, passing yards, et cetera. So get involved if you haven't yet, I am confident you'll enjoy it and you'll want to get you know, you'll want to pop out the Underdog Fantasy app every time there's a big game on and and you know, pick high or lower on different stats and you can win some real money. Making picks as easy. Signing up is even easier. Just head to Underdog simply to use mobile app or Underdog Fantasy dot com. Sign up with the promo code Nick seven ninety and Underdog will give you a free pick to use in your first cash Champion entry, plus up to one thousand dollars in bonus cash from you deposit that's Underdog Fantasy promo code Nick seven ninety To claim your new customer special of a free pick and your deposit off er must be eighteen enough and president of the state where Undock Fantasy operates. Terms plot concern with your play called one under Gambler visit NCP Gambling dot org. All right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side and wrap this thing up. Give a lock right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Got some college football tonight, a Wednesday, decent slate. I mean, maybe I'm just saying that because there's a little bit of local flavor, Western Kentucky taking on sam Houston State. I'm not just you know, I do pull for WKU, not like a big fan or anything. But if I if I'm asked, hey, would you want them to win or lose? I would say win. But I do like them at plus one and a half, I know Sam Houston is a good team despite being relatively new to the FBS. But I think I may put a little something, a little small play here on the tops plus one and a half. Also FIU and UTEP that's a Conference USA matchup. No thoughts at all on that, but that in fact I think both teams think didn't didn't Indian open up against.
Speaker 3: FIU, he did beat them by thirty billion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we'll get more into some of the other games that we've got, not only Saturday, but there's a decent amount of games on Thursday.
Speaker 3: And Friday too, So looking forward to that also.
Speaker 2: Real quick before we get out of here, one of mine, you once again about my friends over at Jefferson Animal Hospital. Their pet blood bank event is coming up on Saturday. Pines for pausing people. You can get all the info at pet bloodbank dot com. Give them a call at five two nine hundred pets. What they're doing here is they're having a very you know, it's for a good cause, but it's also going to be an educational thing for a lot of folks to learn and see how your pets can donate blood. I think you now know, at least if you didn't before, now you do because we're talking about it. But each time there is a pet blood donation, you can save up to four to six lives, so it's very important. But they understand, meaning those a Jefferson Animal Hospital, that it may not be something you're comfortable with just yet. But that's why they want you to come out on Saturday, so you can learn all about it and see how important it is for pets to donate blood just like we do. So again, Pines for Pauls and people coming up on Saturday from ten am to two pm at the Jefferson Animal Hospital on Addol Loop. All Right, we're out of time, you guys. Enjoy Enjoy your evening. We're back at it tomorrow right here on Sports Talk seven to ninety
Speaker 4: And