Speaker 1: Six point five FMK two ninety three cf Brino Valley.
Speaker 2: The information economy has a ride. The world is teeming with innovation as new business models reinvent every industry industry. Inside Analysis is your source of information and insights about how to make the most of this exciting new eraic learn more at Inside Analysis dot Coastsideanalysis dot com. And now here's your host, through Eric Kavanaugh.
Speaker 3: FI.
Speaker 4: All right, ladies and gentlemen, Hello and welcome back once again to the only nationally syndicated show all about the information economy. It's called Inside Analysis. Your host Eric Kavanaugh here very excited to kick off twenty twenty five with world renowned influencer analysts that all around cool guy Jim Harris. Look him up on Jim Harris dot com. Just like it sounds, we're at cees all week, and we're talking to lots of really cool companies like Weepower and my and a whole bunch of other folks and already get a handle on what's going on out there in the world of consumer technology and Jim, there is no shortage of cool stuff to talk about, but there are some caveats, of course. This era of open data and sharing data. It's great stuff. We can learn a lot about each other what's going on. But some things maybe we want to keep private. And there's a story in the news today about a car company that had a breach and all kinds of data got out, and lots of people are very unhappy about that. In the connected cars world, if you can tap into someone's information system, you can find a way to get their information, and that is a big, a big problem for many companies. So privacy is still an issue. Security is always going to be an issue. Anytime you're connected to the Internet, you're connected to all the good guys and all the bad guys. The IoT world, as they call it, Internet of Things. Of course, there's also the IIoT, the industrial Internet of Things. We'll talk about that at some point, I'm.
Speaker 5: Sure, Jim.
Speaker 4: First of all, great stuff is happening, but some caveats. What are your thoughts going into CEES twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: Well, it is such an exciting show. There'll probably be one hundred and fifty thousand people there. Eric, They're going to be thousands of companies exhibiting great keynotes, all sorts of panel discussions. I'm shairing a panel on AI and Predictive AI. So it is just an incredible conference. It's every year in January in Las Vegas, and it's the most influential tech show in the world. So we're going to see a lot of exciting things, a lot of really interesting discussions. And last year the number one trending topic was AI and it is AI again on Twitter in advance now called X. But this year there's a slight twist to it. The number one trending topic for CEOs in advance of the conference is agentic AI. Sure, so we'll talk about that in the show. So a little teaser agentic AI.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And just to explain to our audience what Jim is talking about. Our AI agents and these are little semi autonomous applications that can do all kinds of different things. It's not just traditional automation where you will telecomputer do this set of processes whenever this happens. That's standard automation. It's been around for decades quite frankly, but AI agents are very very interesting little buggers because they can reconcile, they can make different decisions based on dynamic and fluid situations. Now what I've heard, i'd be curious to know. What you've heard is that by and large, AI agents are designed to do one thing very well, whether that's grab data, analyze data, delivered data, process data, run some algorithm, figure something out. But some people are suggesting AI agents could be more versatile. And the most compelling story I've heard out of companies like Variant. For example, we were talking about a buddy, Tom Augenhaler. He works with Variant. Their CEO told me that they like to have these agents that are very purpose built and specific.
Speaker 5: But there are other.
Speaker 4: Companies now and one of them I think of is Mistral, which is one of the new large language models. They have this mixture of experts process where they have an orchestrator that kind of sits on top of the agents. So just like a manager with a bunch of direct reports, that's how these multi layered AI agent architectures work, and that is pretty cool stuff. So the little orchestrator sits there and goes, okay, Bob, you do this, Sue, you now do that, Fred, you do this, And that's their job is to orchestrate, which is basically what Kubernetes does. From Google for a system use case, which is fascinating stuff. I mean, kubernetesay is absolutely amazing. But I think this, this orchestration layer is going to be really important for AI agents.
Speaker 5: What do you think?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And we often think about AI as a single entity, but here you're talking about AI as a team, a team of skilled agents AI agents. And so let's take for instance, accounts, receivable, accounts payable. Every year in a large company, there are thousands upon thousands of conflicts that exists, like we invoiced you for this ten thousand dollars and you only paid US nine thousand, nine hundred and fifty dollars. And there's a difference in this. Well, you know, historically a person had to get involved in all this. Well imagine agent to agent, account payable to account receivable, discuss it and say, well, we actually when we received the shipment there was one broken piece which was worth fifty dollars. So these agents go back into their ERPs, their respective systems and say, oh, the shipping manifest at the shipping dock shows one broken thing which was worth fifty dollars. That's why we're paying you fifty dollars less. And it goes oh, yeah, okay, I'll accept that and boom that arap dispute is closed with no human getting involved. And the two humans on either side of this transaction to get involved would probably cost three hundred dollars of person time. So we've actually solved a fifty dollars dispute with two agents AI agents at basically next to nothing in cost. So how can we take eighty percent of the disputes in ARP and solve them?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That is an excellent use case for lots of different reasons. One, it's a task that these AI agents can do very well. It's a fairly simple thing. It's fairly easy to understand. There's a discrepancy between this number and that number. Where did it come from? And of course, these agents and the new IT world in general operates on what are called declarative programs or declarative functionality, where instead of the old way of doing computing with imperative programming, where you tell the computer line by line what to do, with declarative you set you declare an objective that you want accomplished, and you let the system figure it out on its own. It's really fascinating stuff. Kubernetes is declarative. A lot of these new models are declarative, and so it's a good way to just get what you want done without having to micro manage the computer. That's really what it boils down to is it's not micromanaging the computer. So this is great stuff because the agency go back and forth that oh, okay, no, we got it, and then they'll sty'll give some report on that, and then a human will go once a day or once an hour and look at all the different things that have been resolved and just make sure that they're correct, and then throw in some curation, throw in some commentary. And of course they're not always going to be right, but people aren't always right either, So all we really want for these things to do is get to where they're good enough or better than people at doing things and much more efficient. And besides, what a dreadful job for a human to do, right, I mean, who wants to do that all day? Nobody does.
Speaker 6: I remember that. My accountants, for instance, feel they need to balance to the penny right, And you know you're paying your accountant to three hundred bucks an hour to find three pennies that's not balanced, and it drives me crazy. So how can we just say Okay, well we're pretty close. I guess the principle is underneath it. Well, maybe there's two transactions that are skewed that are three cents often are really highlighting a problem. But I think what we're to your point, we're going to end up automating things that are dull, dirty, and dangerous. So anything that's a really repetitive task will get automated by agentic AI. And people worry about job loss, but there are two million job openings right now in the US healthcare system. Two million job openings, and it's estimated there's about three hundred billion dollars of waste and inefficiency in the US healthcare system. So agentic AI could really help improve the efficiency of the healthcare system and us this two million gap of people that we can't find to fill US healthcare jobs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we're going to go through a very tumultuous and disruptive period of time, but for those who have their sea legs under them, it should be a bit of a fun and challenging time. I think the key piece of advice I give to anyone in the working world who wants to keep going out there and doing cool things start using these technologies use JENAI. Understand it's not perfect, but learn the ins and outs of these systems. And Jenna, of course is just one facet of AI, and it's very interesting. It does cool stuff. There are many other facets of AI. Traditional or as I call it, old fashioned AI is still out there doing cool things where you build models to do predictions. As a company I interviewed not recently called Safebooks AI, which is doing really interesting stuff in the accounting space you're talking about, and they can help companies avoid major problems like at Macy's where this big chunk of money was not reported as an expense, causing their accountants lots of trouble and causing a lot of trouble across the company. That kind of thing will be found by AI. And I think we should also spin into the whole world of manufacturing and how automation and even AI is coming into play there. And you brought up the stat that I saw Alvin Fu mentioned the other day, which is that China is now dominating the automotive industry, not just the EV space, which they are.
Speaker 5: They're number one electric vehicles.
Speaker 4: They are crushing it in terms of being able to export cars they're number one in the world. The US stinks compared to them these days. It's almost unbelievable, but you have to look at the charts to see it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: So, for forty four years, Japan was the number one exporter of cars in the world, and then China began focusing on production capacity in ev and in twenty twenty three it became the largest exporter of cars globally, just blowing past everyone else Japan, Mexico, Germany, South Korea, and the US. And part of it is the focus on electric vehicles called evs. Seventy six percent of all EV's in the world are produced in China. It has just doubled down on this, and so while Europe and the US are I don't know about evs, China is all in on it, and this is in part leading to their domination globally. And what we're seeing is a discussion of tariffs in response. Tariffs are one of the items that Trump has been talking about pretty prevalently, putting one hundred percent tariffs on imported Chinese cars and so so wherever there's a domestic auto industry, you're seeing governments talk about tariffs. But for instance, in Australia, there's no domestic auto industries, so what what is the benefit for them? They get inexpensive cars like cars, right, So there's no protectionism in any country that doesn't have its own auto industry. So China is going to end up dominating global trade with every country that doesn't have a domestic auto industry. Right until finally, and then you're seeing news like Onto announcing it's going to merge with Nissan and Mitsubishi.
Speaker 5: So I saw that that's.
Speaker 6: Three Japanese car companies who are being crushed by the growth of Chinese evs. There have been japan Japanese car companies very very slow to shift to evs, so they're getting crushed and is their solution to merge?
Speaker 4: Right And these days, speaking of technology and data and analytics and ERPs and things of this nature, it is a lot easier thanks to AI and machine learning and automation to pull off mergers and acquisitions, and therefore I predict we will see more of these coming down the pike because it's much easier now to get an analysis, a real brass tax look at what our assets are, how do they align with the assets of this company or that company? And you can get a real clear view because hitherto you were just kind of guessing. I mean you're guessing on the personnel side, on the manufacturing side, and all kinds of things, and hoping it's going to work out, and it could take years to really make that acquisition or that merger. Gel that's not going to be the case in the future, as I see many organizations are going to do. When you just amtan on, they're going to merge to stay alive. Like I said, we're going to go through a very tumultuous period here, But for the agile I think it's going to be a win win.
Speaker 5: What do you think I'd agree?
Speaker 6: I think I made a prediction that we're going to see half of the traditional car companies, legacy automakers of gas cars disappear over the next ten years. They're going to either go bankrupt they're going to merge. As in the case of Honda, Nissan and Mitsubishi. There you have three car companies combining into one. You've lost two car companies. So we're going to see a shrinking of the legacy auto industry. And this next stat is shocking to me, Eric, but Tesla right now today is worth more than the rest of the auto industry added together.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's amazing. That blows me away.
Speaker 6: If you don't think electrification is going to change the ten trillion a year transportation and logistics market that stats for you has the value of the industry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: And it goes back to innovation and to doing things in new ways.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I attended the Reuters Next conference. I guess it was two Novembers ago. I spoke last November and two Novembers of guy I attended, and a girl from Rutters was interviewing the Alex P. Morgan I think his name is. He's the CEO of JP Morgan or one of these companies. I think that was Gorman was his name. Very very smart guy. And she's hounding him basically, trying to get him to admit that they made a bad bet on Twitter because they threw some money in to help him buy Twitter, and he just he shook his head for a couple of seconds and then he said, we're not stupid.
Speaker 5: I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 4: I was like, Wow, what an answer he goes. Anyone who doubts Elon Musk should go visit a Tesla factory and then you'll understand because these folks thought through the entire end to end process and they re envisioned everything, and that's why they're able to achieve these amazing numbers. And that's what innovation takes. It takes unlearning your biases and then relearning something new, and that I think is going to be a hallmark of success in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: Final thoughts from you, Well, I love.
Speaker 6: That that Tesla is vertically integrated. In other words, it makes the engines, it makes the chassis, it makes the batteries, it makes the wheels, it makes the seats, and therefore, to your point, it can control the production process from end to end and drive efficiencies out of it. Legacy auto no, they have thousands of suppliers and so to actually change is very hard since there isn't that vertical integration. So I agree with you absolutely, We're going to see big changes in the auto industry in basically every industry with AI and automation.
Speaker 4: And retail, we'll see a lot of cool retail stuff, healthcare, of course, financial services.
Speaker 5: The pinch is everywhere.
Speaker 4: Folks will send me an email if you want to be on this show Inside analysis dot Com.
Speaker 5: That comes right to me.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back here listening to Inside Analysis.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Inside Analysis. Here's your host, Eric Tavanaugh.
Speaker 4: All right, folks, back here on Inside Analysis, and I'm so excited today is part of our cees preview to get a newbie, a guy who is not new to media. He's not new to technology. He's not new to the sports and fitness or interviews or tech or understanding what's going on in the real world out there. None other than John Meyer of the podcast bearing his name, and we're pretty excited. He's a fellow Pennsylvanian. And John here in Pittsburgh they call folks yinzers or like yin's hey, yins guy, and it was like.
Speaker 5: Yins, What on earth is yins? What are they talking about?
Speaker 4: I have a theory on that which I throw at Pennsylvanians and they like it because if you're from Pennsylvania, you're a pennsylvani yin, right, So multiple pennsylvani yins yins.
Speaker 5: It's at the end of the word. That's my theory.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's true or not, but hey, you're on the other side of the state. I don't hold that against you Eagles fan, tough team Stullers.
Speaker 5: You know we're usually a tough team at a bad few games lately.
Speaker 4: But tell me a bit about your passion for sports and fitness and where that dovetails with technology like wearables and all that kind of fun stuff.
Speaker 7: Eric, thank you for inviting me on to the show. As you mentioned John Meyer from Meyer Media also to John Meyer Podcast, I've got a theory now that you mentioned for your yins it could be going along with ying ling beer and brewery, just saying I'm sure you're familiar with it.
Speaker 4: Someone else said that too, So yins ying's yin's yings ye. I could see after a few yings agains, you know, it starts to slur a little bit.
Speaker 7: That's after a few yinglings it will slur just a little bit. So, Eric, my huge passion is around media content and creating. As you mentioned, I am a nube to CEES, the first one we've been accepted as media joining at totally overwhelming right now. I mean, I've been to Vegas so many times, but coming to this event, I just realized this is the like the super Bowl event of technology for consumers. You mentioned fitness and everything. Obviously a huge Eagles span, die hard, don't hold.
Speaker 8: It against you.
Speaker 7: On the other side of state, I'm actually hoping for maybe a PA Bowl.
Speaker 5: Would be really cool to watch. Wouldn't that be great? That would be the first time in history.
Speaker 7: And yeah, obviously I'm rooting for that, you know, and I'll root for the Eagles to win, but you know, hey, we'll have a good time, and they're going down Broad Street. We'll definitely see some of the Steelers fans talking about fitness. Been in fitness all my life, started out at a very young age, and I just it's a natural thing to do. Some of the technology that's out there to track it. I saw some of the things that are going to be happy in a CEES the wearables, not only the headsets, but the gear, the recovery stuff, the masade, everything around them. Just looking at how to improve my game but also recover from injuries or from workouts much faster.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's good stuff.
Speaker 4: And you know, I talk with someone else just today about the wearables, and here's what excites me about that stuff is the data that you can capture for individual health, for population health, to understand how is the workout affecting you, what is.
Speaker 5: Good for you to eat, what's not good for you. I mean, I think.
Speaker 4: Hitherto most healthcare has been boiled down to very generic basics. I mean they take your vitals, your heart rate, your temperature, stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's useful.
Speaker 4: But when you can start absorbing massive amounts of data about how your body acts, when you sleep, when you run, when you walk, when you're sitting, all these different things, I think we're at the beginning of a fascinating age in which we can get a much better understanding of ourselves, how we sleep, and how to improve our lives every day, how to improve our health. What do they say, if you don't have your health, you don't have anything, right. So I think that in sports, of course you have to be very fit, and so in that world it's a whole other level of intensity and practice and work, and you want to know what's working with not working. I think we're at the beginning of a golden age because of that.
Speaker 7: What do you think, Eric, You actually just touched on a bunch of things, because that actually crosses over into healthcare if you think about it. You talked about you know, going into a doctor and they just take care of simple vitals, your heart rate, do your blood pressure. But how would you love to walk in there with all the data and say, hey, listen, here's what I got from my fitness, here's what I got from allmine, and they're.
Speaker 5: Like, wow, I wish we had this.
Speaker 7: Now you can present them. Problems are easily solved. You can avoid injury, you can avoid long term illness. There's so many things that you can understand as a person to do much better, so you actually avoid the doctor.
Speaker 5: Right, that's right. An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Speaker 7: Baby.
Speaker 5: I'm all for that.
Speaker 4: And you know, I remember, I'm originally from Chicago. Saw as a huge Michael Jordan fan and the guy who's just a machine, I mean, honest to goodness, he's just easily taught players of all time and he would stretch before every game. I think it was like an hour or so he would take the time to stretch. And because of that and maybe because of his physique, he was rarely injured. You didn't see that guy get injured very often at all because he took care of himself. And see, I think again with wearables you're gonna have a You need software too to analyze the data understand what it all means. Because telemetry data, when you look at it, the raw data, it's like ones and zeros and very incomprehensible stuff. But in a certain application you can kind of start to understand how that's interesting and compare yourself to other people, the people, your size, your weight, your height, whatever. The more we can understand how our body is responding to the world and to what we eat, the foods we eat, how much we drink, what we drink, I think it's going to really change and give a lot more awareness and power to individual people to live better lives. What do you think, Eric, the wearables?
Speaker 7: I saw one on. Therefore, you're wearing a pair of pants right and ahead. All the RFID and all the telemetry, all the data being pulled from it's almost like the stuff, like the copper stuff you wear. But here you put it on and you can actually start to read your body and the metrics as are happening on your body, your muscles, where they're tightening, where they're not working, where you're performing, where you're not you're at the gym and you do something you're actually doing an exercise, and if you do it incorrectly, you're going to get hurt at some point, not all the time, right away. This can tell you how well you're doing immediately while you're doing it. You can read all this data efficiently right on your phone while you're at the gym, be like, oh man, I need to stop running now. Normally you like run and you do thirty minutes of cardio while this is already reading immediately what's happening to you and be like, hey, listen, you need to you know, shut it down and go into a soft mode so that you don't injure yourself.
Speaker 5: Right, No, that's right.
Speaker 4: Feedback, I mean, everyone loves a feedback loop, whether that's from your colleagues or friends or your boss say hey, good job, or okay, maybe better next time, whatever it is, it helps to have feedback. And now we have digital feedback about what's really happening in our lives.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: I came up with this concept a few.
Speaker 4: Years ago about big data, and I talk about something I call real world data at scale, and that's where we are these days. You can capture the data, you can analyze the data, process the data, I think population helps. You know, in San Antonio they have one of the highest heart attack rates.
Speaker 5: Well, why is that? You know it's probably because.
Speaker 4: Of all the food and tied hide fat for example. You don't really know that, But I think, like I say, until now, we've kind of been guessing for a lot of stuff, and now we're going to be able to tell and validate and understand from the data itself, how this affects us, How this makes me feel better? What doesn't look when I'm feeling down, Why is that We're going to have a lot more information? And to me, that's just supercharging this life.
Speaker 6: Eric.
Speaker 7: When you talk about feedback, think about the feedback that you receive from colleagues, right, constructive criticism. It's very tough for a lot of people to take and to receive. But if you have a device telling you one hundred percent honest, this is what's going on and this is what's happening, you're more have to believe it and adjust to it, rather than somebody telling you you might take a while to you adjust or until you experience the injury. And like I should have listened to them here you listen immediately.
Speaker 5: That's funny.
Speaker 4: Well, Another one of my fun lines is machines don't lie, right. I mean, machines are just saying what's on the information that they're giving, They're just giving it back to you. And even simple things like your steps or your screen time or whatever it is. It's like if you take a minute to look at that how your behavior is day to day, and then you can start to improve things.
Speaker 5: And people want to improve. Like let's say you want to lose some weight.
Speaker 4: While you can weigh yourself every day and that helps, but it's just once a day, right, or maybe twice a day or something. But to have this constant feed giving you information and give you insights and giving you a nudge perhaps. I mean you're starting to see some of that in the tech world too, like, hey, starting to get laid.
Speaker 5: Maybe you should go to bed.
Speaker 4: I mean, personally, I don't like the school marm apps on my phone, but I do understand it's good to get feedback and to understand what's happening.
Speaker 5: Right, Yep.
Speaker 7: I'm definitely looking forward to not only the sports, the fitness, the wearables, just the information the things that I can do to not improve my personal fitness in life, but see what's out there?
Speaker 5: Mm hmm, well and CS.
Speaker 4: I mean it's I've only been to one last year, and it's just massive. I mean it's so big that they don't just fill up the exhibit halls. They fill up with the Venetian Lots of companies will rent hotel rooms for demo and things of that nature. So it's just like five convention centers strung together. You're talking like one hundred and fifty thousand people gathering.
Speaker 5: And there's a lot to learn.
Speaker 4: I mean I try to keep an open mind every day and learn about new technologies. And we are in an era where because of AI, to a certain extent, we're able to do things that we were not able to do before. We're able to optimize things right, we can crunch the numbers and understand you know, again, like with media.
Speaker 5: What what do people want to watch? What do they I want to watch? Now?
Speaker 4: I will say I have some pet peeves with software as a service and some of the data we get from these engines. In fact, we're going to do a show next year called Lies, Damn Lies and SaaS Statistics because it's all about like, all right, is this real?
Speaker 5: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: You throw some money at YouTube or LinkedIn or Google, like, oh, well, look at all these impressions you got, And I like, who are these people?
Speaker 5: Are you sure like you have new subscribers? Do I really?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, are they real? Let's just put it that way, or they're a new one. But then they just they're not there anymore. It's a dummy count.
Speaker 5: You have to wonder.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'll just give you a stat The other day I saw because I threw some money at some of these YouTube videos, and there were two hundred and sixty one views. And they look at the demographics and every last one of them was a male.
Speaker 5: Over the age of sixty five.
Speaker 4: Now, when you have like eleven strata of years, like you know, eleven to fifteen, I can't remember what they were. And then the last one is sixty five plus and I got two hundred and sixty one viewers. You need to tell me every last one of these viewers. When I go viral and old folks home somewhere, what the hell's going on here?
Speaker 5: I don't think that's real. So I do think there is a.
Speaker 4: You know, a bit of a hedge on the excitement around the data because we need transparency. That's one of my mantras is, you know, the more transparency we get, the better because we can all see what's really happening, then we can all improve it.
Speaker 5: What do you think about that?
Speaker 7: I agree, And you got two hundred and sixty one views, but you probably got two hundred and eleven likes, and they're like, Okay, is that really possible that these people all likes my video? Because I'll tell you what, when I go and watch a video, I try to do that, but I don't do that all the time.
Speaker 4: So right, Yeah, when I saw one the other day where it's it gave a keynote and at first it was like twenty thirty four, and then over like two weeks it was ten thousand, ten thousand views and zero likes and no comment. Obviously it wasn't zero. There was zero comments and just like twelve likes or something. I'm like, hmm, to ten thousand people really watch this and no one commented.
Speaker 5: It was pretty forward looking stuff.
Speaker 4: I basically said that before too long, AI is going to take over the judicial system, at least for civil cases. I think you're going to be able to just upload your case into a folder. The defense uploads their case into the folder. You do an interview on camera to an AI engine, a chatbot, and then it goes all right, sting guilty, paying five thousand dollars next, and like no one commented on that, like wow, wow.
Speaker 7: I can see a lot of comments on that. It will definitely clear a backlog, but I think it will also create a some frick.
Speaker 4: My theory is that people will have a harder time lying to a cold computer camera than to a person.
Speaker 5: That's my theory. I think it's going to be hard.
Speaker 4: I don't know why I think that, but something tells me it's like oh, because the other side of AI is that these models are getting so good they can tell like your behavior, like is the acting shifting? I mean there are little tells you can learn just from experience, Like you know, when you ask our question, someone looks down and blinks as they talk, Well, you know, they probably did something wrong or they're probably not being straight with you, and these algorithms are going to pick that stuff up.
Speaker 5: I mean that's I guess.
Speaker 4: The last question I'll throw at you is, as we face this world, this AI overthrow as I call it, because it's going to be everywhere it's already everywhere. It's going to be in every major cloud based application that you use. There's going to be some aspect, whether under the covers or right there on the surface. What are your thoughts about this changing dynamic and how we as humans can remain in charge.
Speaker 7: I think one of the things about remaining in charge for is validating it and always having a governance around it. Not AI governing AI, because that's like the government governing the government.
Speaker 5: It just doesn't work anything.
Speaker 7: Because I think for us with AI, let's test a little bit on the audio and video stuff that are happening that cees and AI is a huge part of that. Now, a lot of the videos that are created today, some of the stuff is spoofed from video from AI generating on it. How do you tell the difference? I think there needs to be a governance around it in order a tag or something within the video, even if it's remade, recaptured, you know, whatever screenshot, there needs to be a way to tag that that is AI generated in order for us to understand what deep fake is and what is happening out there. But I also believe there's so many positives for AI and around video and audio because it has helped us in our business nowadays be more efficient not only creating the video, but to fine tune in editing and cleaning up some of the stuff. So, circling back to your question, I just think there needs to be a way that we got to put something in place to monitor what we're creating from AI and to validate it, whether it is using a third party AI, to validate that that is happening, because not a human. It's suffer a human to understand that that's AI generated in some cases.
Speaker 4: Right, I think you're right, and I'm sure some smart people are working on this right now. My theory is that you can do a number of different things. One, you can use the metadata that is baked into cameras. For example, when you take a picture with all these new iPhones and Samsungs, there's metadata layer that captures where you were at the time, what time you took this thing. All this information is captured in the video. So to be able to capture that and say, ah, this is a clean video, this has not been edited, this has not been doctored.
Speaker 5: I think that's the key.
Speaker 4: In probably QR codes too, like a watermark of some kind of qr CO. But I think you're right. We do need to have some governance around this because otherwise evidence, even in courts, is going to be out the window.
Speaker 5: But folks, look this gentleman.
Speaker 4: Up online, John Meyer. That's m ye er the John Meyer Podcast. Look forward to seeing it at CES.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back. You're listening to Inside Analysis.
Speaker 2: Excited, Welcome back to Inside Analysis. Here's your host, Eric Tavanaugh.
Speaker 4: All Right, folks, welcome back to Inside Analysis and our CEES preview for twenty twenty five. And folks, I'm super excited to have a fellow Yinzer, a fellow Pennsylvanian on the call here today, doctor Frank Vigiano. What's new, doc? That's his brand, that's what he talks about. He has been a judge at CEES for a very long time now. It has been focused on the healthcare industry for years and years and as a regular TV and radio personality. So I got to ask you, Frank, what's new?
Speaker 5: Doc?
Speaker 3: So much you know with CES, I mean I've been going for it'll be my believe it or not, my fifty seventh year attending CS. So they started in New York City. I'll send you a clip. What was interesting is that CBS in Las Vegas did a special when I arrived there seven years ago. My badge said fifty years and had a special ribbon, and I saw this is great. So we started, you know, networking with a bunch of different people talking about badges, and I learned that I was only one of two people that have attended every csin since the origination in New York City.
Speaker 9: Yeah, pretty crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, and as you know here in Pennsylvania, the number fifty seven has a certain meaning, right HEINZ fifty seven.
Speaker 5: So it's all coming full circle.
Speaker 4: Now what do you see what excites you about CEES twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Well, there's so many new technologies. I think it's branched out into We talked a little earlier about healthcare, and that's a real big important category. People are finding there were rings, they're wearing, watches, they're wearing, they're wearables to give them insight into their body and what's happening. And there's more and more apps being created. So that's a big growth area for CES. And you still the standards, you know, you know, television appliances, I mean, it's all still there, but these other new categories. For example, in the automotive section, a lot of these manufacturers are exhibiting now at cs where they, you know, had never done so before, and the reason being is that they had Detroit. So when the pandemic came, everything stopped and nobody went to the Detroit show because they canceled it. They had to, they had no choice. So because of that and kind of the combination of CEES growing and inviting more auto automobile manufacturers.
Speaker 9: To exhibit there, they had a whole.
Speaker 3: Area on the in the north hole where the majority of it was all automobiles, different things to light, our radar sensors, all different technology, and the vehicles themselves.
Speaker 4: You know. You know what really excites me because I'm a data guy. I focus on data, artificial intelligence, big data, leveraging, data, telemetry. We have all this data these days, and we now have the compute capacity and the algorithms to analyze data at scale and really understand what's going on. So when I think about population health ory, even individual healthcare. Yeah, a few years ago we had a few things. They take your vitals, they can do blood draws, they can look at you through different lenses. But still for those who have paid attention. It's a relatively opaque window. I mean it's hard. I mean it's translucent a little bit, but you really have to know what you're doing to figure out what these scores mean on blood tests and things of this nature. But now, if you have one of these wearables and it's keeping track of your pulse, of your blood pressure, of your steps, of just everything about you what you're doing, I have to believe that in the near future, if not already, we're going to have tremendously improved capabilities to understand what is my health, what are my problems, what are the because once you understand leading indicators, you can start watching for things like diabetes, for example, or respiratory problems or whatever.
Speaker 5: And I think we're.
Speaker 4: Going to enter in age and as long as we can hack through hippo regulations and security and compliance and all the concerns about those things, I think we're going to enter an absolutely golden era of personal health care and population health.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Well, I agree with you totally absolutely, and it's being welcome. I think initially, for example, when light arc came out and some of the technologies for automobiles, the biggest concern from consumers was, oh, that's recording me while I'm driving, and the rest is recorded, and many things do not record. The only thing they do is they process the data for if I'm driving and I'm sleepy, and i start to drows a little bit sensus that I'm not awake from and I'm not driving the vehicle or at least be paying attention to the vehicle as it's moving. So therefore that's going to create all kinds of issues. It's going to slow that car down.
Speaker 9: They could even bring.
Speaker 3: It to a stop until I, you know, wake up and say, oh no, I'm here, I've got the steering WM in my hand, that type of thing. So I think what's important is that the fear that people have of their privacy. And honestly, Eric, there is no more privacy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I hosted a stage at the Data Universe conference in New York back in April, and they had me host the privacy stage, and the first thing I said is privacy is dead.
Speaker 5: Forget about it.
Speaker 4: I mean not that we shouldn't aspire towards respecting privacy. I think that's still a very worthwhile goal. Yes, big companies want to protect your sensitive data. But to think that your data is not everywhere is just a naive perspective, it seems to me, right.
Speaker 3: Oh, Relliant, I mean, if you have a cell phone, really, are you kidding me? They know where you are every minute of every second regards to where you go.
Speaker 4: Right, that's right, And sharing data is valuable, I mean, especially in the healthcare space again with all these devices. Now you have to normalize the data. You have to attend to lapses in data. That's one of the issues with IoT, right, is that you do have lapses of telemetry. You have to watch out for that and model for that. But nonetheless, I mean, I think at some significant scale, and I'm sure universities are working on this and major manufacturers are looking into this, there is just an absolute treasure trove of information that we can now finally access and analyze to figure out absolutely what are the behavioral patterns that lead to better health?
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, a good example too would be a device Let's say that send a message to a physician and they're monitoring in a certain let's say, a certain part of the body for a certain reason, and here's an alert that comes over. So my goodness is this is like, we got to take care of this immediately. When it saves someone's life and that information is shared with others, that's huge. So people don't worry any more about privacy because guess what it's superseded what's needed to save a life.
Speaker 9: I mean, how could you be upset with that?
Speaker 4: Well, and you know, I'll make an analogy here to maintenance of machines like trains on automobiles and things of this nature. We've had predictive analytics in the industries where they could afford it thirty years ago, even possibly forty years ago, like in aeronautics for example, with airplanes. And what they've learned is that if you capture all the data, the censored data, you could tell hey, if this part breaks, that part's going to break shortly thereafter. So you sense and wait for this part to you know, to reach a certain threshold. And I was fascinated to learn that sound is a big part of that whole game, because when they start squeaking, they make little sounds like a timing dolt making a sound like, hm, I got a problem here, you have to address it. Well, if you think about how that changes the attitude of the person monitoring this information beforehand, the guy on the train would just have to go check every door, look at every wheel, and you're never ever going to find it, not never, but almost never going to find anything. But if you're acting on data from the system that's telling you a problem is coming, then you're attentive and you're focused and you know where to focus your attention.
Speaker 5: So to me, that is a.
Speaker 4: Massive sea change in operational efficiency and engagement with the user, with the human right and as the old saying goes, what gets measured gets managed. So I think it really changes the game for how people can pay it and they don't want to pay too much attention, don't want to get all worked up about it, but still to know that you have this problem and have some way of measuring it, that's going to be huge for improving healthcare overall.
Speaker 9: Right, no question, absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's good stuff. Well, so what are you excited to see at CEES?
Speaker 9: Are you going to be see a couple of things that are interesting? Now?
Speaker 3: LG has come up with some great technology. I mean they have for years, but they just launched about a week ago. They teased it at CEES twenty twenty four. But now they've launched it and it's the first seat through old LED television. Oh wow, you see through it now? People say why or what is so the idea is that many I think you know that from interior design perspective. Many people say, I don't want that TV in my bedroom. I don't want it in the living room. I don't want to see it, citty now, I don't want it hanging on the wall whatever. And we understand, we get that. So what LG has done is they've taken an ol ed television and you can see right through it. So you put it in the picture window of your home, let's say, in front of an ocean view, a mountain view.
Speaker 9: It's incredible.
Speaker 3: And then what happens there is a black screen that rolls up when you want to see TV, and when you do that, it blocks a life from going through and therefore the image is just like it would be if you were watching a regular television.
Speaker 9: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: Probably, yeah, it's it's fun to watch all these innovations. In my goodness, you've seen many of them. You're fifty seventh cees going to.
Speaker 3: When I was on you know, seven years ago. Of course this was big because everybody's like CES fifty years. So they said, doctor Frank, what was the deal the first CES? What was it all about? And I said color television. It was in New York City. Wow, And they showed color TV. That was such a breakthrough. I mean, you know, and I mean I remember all this was like my father, He's the one that really got me into electronics and technology.
Speaker 9: He was a physician, but he loved tech, loved it.
Speaker 3: He bought a Hoffman solar radio from Hoffman Electronics in California.
Speaker 9: I still have it.
Speaker 3: It was AM batteries in the back and I took it. I said, can I take it to the pool? He said, well, this is not cheap, and you know if you take you better be careful. I said, okay, so, mister magician. You know, I get it to the pool. All my friends are standing around, We're listening to the radio, and I pulled the battery out. Everybody's like, what you know, it's still playing and it's not plugged in. That was solar Yeah. I was nineteen. Let me think what that would be about nineteen fifty seven.
Speaker 4: Nineteen fifty seven, Oh my goodness, and solar power. You look at I mean, I just I wrote it on LinkedIn today about and we'll look for solutions at CEES. What just happened in Puerto Rico. Eighty percent of the power is down now in Puerto Rico. And you know, we've seen the horrible things happening over in Ukraine where the Russians target the energy infrastructure, and it just.
Speaker 5: Tells me we got to get off the grid, man.
Speaker 4: I mean, the grid is there, it's very powerful, and it served society very very well. But nonetheless, I mean I love to push for solar, I love to push for alternative energy forms, and you know, let's let's try to focus on that and really incentivize people to get off the grid and just be more more sustainable. And that's what sustainability is all about, right, I mean, we absolutely numbers have to come together and make sense. But nonetheless ces is the place to find that stuff too, right of course.
Speaker 3: And you know the problem is, you know what I never understood the iPhone, great phone, love the technology, love software.
Speaker 9: The people.
Speaker 3: I see them at airports everywhere, tethered to a wall to plug it into charge, and it's like, hey, this makes no sense. I mean, why can't we just replace a battery. And Kia Sarah, by the way, is the only company that I'm aware of currently they have a they are products some model seventy two hundred. But it is the only phone that I know that you can replace the battery. So take the pack off.
Speaker 4: I remember, I remember being very annoyed about that with the with the iPhone, and you know, you have to ask yourself, yes. And I just had a guy from Apple on the show moments ago who we were talking about, Steve Jobs and his commitment to design being a philosophy, because there's a great quote I read from him where he said, you know, a lot of people view design as a sort of veneer that you put on at the end of the of the process of building something. With us, it's central, it's the beginning, it's everything. Design is form and function combined. And so I do respect that and I understand it. But nonetheless, the batteries man like to be able to get a new battery because these phones, when they get older, the battery life gets shorter and shorter and shorter and just gets more annoying, you know, And so let's let's move in that direction, right, Yeah, Well, the.
Speaker 3: Keith Sarah, which I like about it. You can, like I say, again, swalk the battery. Here's the best part. Three hundred and fifty dollars. That's it only available through ver Ozon. But when you have a few young people saw my phone and said wow because I dropped it and I said, well, you can drop this in six feet water and nothing happens. And the glass on the front, it's got gorilla glass, so you can't crack it, you can't scratch it.
Speaker 9: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's really yeah. And so and they said three hundred and fifty dollars. I just paid thirteen fifty for an iPhone. I said, well, what the market will bear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's a lot of money. And you know, the cool thing about cees is that it is a showcasing. One of the things I learned last year when I went to my first one. So I don't have nearly as many in my history as you do. But one of the cool things I like. I think it was LG in fact, who were showing me around and all their cool little things. And what they do is they have prototypes that they bring to the conference and then they'll have cameras watching who goes by which object and how long they stay there. So they're using data about how sticky these these technologies are to determine which ones to push into production, because obviously it's a big risk pushing some prototype be a production. You got to spend a whole bunch of money, get a whole bunch of parts, hire people, all this stuff. So you want to know what the winners are and what the losers are or the ones that probably will win. I thought that was a brilliant strategy and it just shows a real comprehensive view of the of the problem space and the opportunities.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, that's exactly what they did last year was they called old ed T for transparency, so they headed out. People were like just blown away, Oh my goodness, this is incredible technology. So they got feedback and here we are a year later and now you can buy it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 4: Well, look this gentleman up online, folks, Doctor Frank Vigiano. Sounds like a good Italian name. It was from down the road here. I'm up in Gibsonia, Pennsylvania. He's down the road in Indiana, Pennsylvania. But what's new, Doc that's his whole tagline. He's been doing this stuff for a long time. We look forward to seeing you at CES in Las Vegas. Don't touch that del folks will be right back. You're listening to Inside Analysis. We can't everything everyone, or can we the station that leaves no listener behind KCAA.
Speaker 10: And these times sometimes you have to take away the stress or dress to impress. Lux Transportation has just the ticket for you and your niece to relax, kick your feet up in style and makes new fund memories. Looking for a hassle free, comfortable ride experience the ultimate and luxury transportation and a sleek, luxurious black on black suv, Private discrete rides, airport runs, sightseeing, proms, weddings and romantic date nights are all ahead in your future with Lux Transportation, karaoke, disability friendly and no problem. We're also senior citizen friendly too. Call it text mister Holland is to take away the stress at ninety five to one three nine nine five.
Speaker 5: Four two five.
Speaker 10: That's nine five one three nine nine five four to two.
Speaker 5: Five Lux Transportation.
Speaker 10: When you need the absolute best.
Speaker 11: What does it take to take on Alzheimer's awareness that nearly two thirds of those diagnosed to women, including black women. Dedication to lowering your risk by eating healthy and monitoring blood pressure, and confidence to talk to your healthcare provider about screening and early detection. You have what it takes to take on Alzheimer's. Learn about signs and screening at take on alz dot com. Brought to you by the California Department of Public Health.
Speaker 8: Rice fire Protection reminds listeners that more and more veterans will be returning home over the next few years, and many are local. These heroes have elite military training and valuable professional skills. They also need jobs too. That's why Rice fire Protection is encouraging all local businesses. Let's make it the year we hire smart and hire vets. That's a message from Rice fire Protection. At two four three zero zero, Vera Lane and Marino Valley. For top quality service at prices you can afford. Call nine five to one two four three sixty six seven seven. That's nine five to one two four three sixty six seventy seven for Rice fire Protection.
Speaker 5: Hey, this is Gary Garver.
Speaker 12: If you work out like I do, or have a job where you sit all day and your back hurts and you're in pain and you don't know what to do. I have the perfect solution for you.
Speaker 2: It's ice bod.
Speaker 12: Icepot Active is form fitted compression where with pockets that fit ice cold gelpacks called flexpods. These flexpods fit around your joints ensuring maximum pain relief. I use it all the time because I'm always active, playing golf, working out, fixing up my place right now, and I put it on in the evening around my back and it gives me maximum pain relief.
Speaker 2: Laker's legend.
Speaker 12: James Worthy is a founder of this company and really believes in it. To find out more about ice bod, go to ice bodactive dot com and get yours today. That's ic bodactive dot com. This week they are having a flash sale where you can save twenty five percent off by using the promo code KCA eight. Go to icepotactive dot com.
Speaker 13: Here's a progressive idea I picked up from the unlikeliest of sources, corporate CEOs. For decades, these chieftains of our economic order have been steadily implementing a very visionary process for establishing corporate wage levels. The essence of it is this, let workers set their own pay Since the nineteen seventies, when the idea began taking hold in corporate America, pay levels have zoomed up by more than one thousand percent. Well, not for you. This set your own pay movement has only been available to top corporate executives, whose medium paychecks now top sixteen million dollars a year. But since it's been such a boon for this test group, I say it's time to expand the no hassle compensation concept to all employees. This would greatly boost grassroots purchasing power, economic growth, and fairness for all. Oh my god, no squawk corporate apologists rushing to say that technically, CEOs do not directly set their pay. Rather, the bosses have attached their earnings to their corporation's ever rising stock prices. Thus, astronomical rewards go to those who obsessively focus on jacking up the price of their own stock, even though that's a selfishly narrow and false measure of a corporation's performance. Also, stock price is no indicator of a CEO's worthiness. Even bosses who are blockheads can still get a boost simply because they've rigged the system to hitch a free ride on inflated stock value. This is Jimhita saying still, if it's good enough for them, why not an equal deal for working staffs who actually deliver the products and services that give a corporation some true value. I say each worker should get the same percentage increase in pay that the top haunch ho takes. It's a very simple process and it's only fair. The high tier ratio lowdown is made possible by you subscribers to GYM high Tar's lowdown on substack. Find us at gymhiitar dot substack dot com.
Speaker 14: What is your plan for your beneficiaries to manage your final expenses when you pass away?
Speaker 8: Life?
Speaker 15: Insurance, annuity, bank accounts, investment accounts all require deficitivity which takes ten days based on the national average, which means no money's immediately available, and this causes stress and arguments. Simple solution the beneficiary liquidity clan use money you already have no need to come up with additional funds.
Speaker 14: The funds grow tax deferred and pass tax free to your name beneficiaries. The death benefit is paid out in twenty four to forty eight hours out a deficitary hermy money without a deficitive call Us at one eight hundred free zero six fifty.
Speaker 1: Eighty six, Hostina KCAA Loma Linda at one O six point five FMK two ninety three c F Brino Valley.
Speaker 16: Located in the heart of San Bernardino, California. The Teamsters Local nineteen thirty two Training Center is designed to train workers for high demand, good paying jobs and various industries throughout the Inland Empire. If you want a pathway to a high paying job and the respect that comes with a union contract, visit nineteen thirty two Training Center dot org to enroll Today. That's nineteen thirty two Training Center dot org.
Speaker 17: NBC News Radio I'm Lisa Carton America is paying tribute to former President Jimmy Carter. The thirty ninth president, died last weekend in his home state of Georgia at the age of one hundred. His motorcade arrived at the Carter Center in Atlanta Saturday afternoon, where he will remain for several days for public viewings. On Tuesday, the late president and his family will travel to Washington, d C. Where he will lie in state at the US Capitol and a state funeral will be held Thursday at Washington National Cathedral. Senator Amy Klobashar says the US capital will be secured tomorrow for the certification of the twenty twenty four presidential election. Appearing on CNN's State of the Union, the Minnesota Democrats said, in the years since the January sixth insurrection, officials have upgraded security measures in Washington, d C.
Speaker 11: We have, as you note, a new police chief, increase morale, many hundreds of more officers, and we have a plan and a strategy in place.
Speaker 17: Vice President Kamala Harris will preside over the certification of the electoral votes for president tomorrow, marking the first time since two thousand and one a vice president has presided over the certification of their own election loss. Over sixty million Americans are being impacted by the first major winter storm of twenty twenty five. Kansas, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Virginia have declared states of emergency, and southern states like Florida and Mississippi are also warning of dangerous cold. A blizzard warning is in effect, with hazardous driving conditions possible today from Kansas to West Virginia. Forecasters say the storm will impact the mid Atlantic region by this evening, dumping heavy snow on Virginia, Baltimore and Washington, d C. Filmmaker Jeff Beina is dead at the age of forty seven. The writer and director was best known for films like Life After Beth and The Little Hours. He was also married to actress Aubrey Plaza. Authorities believe he died by suicide. You're listening to the latest on NBC News Radio.
Speaker 1: NBC News on KCAA, Lomolada, sponsored by Teamsters Local nineteen thirty two, Protecting the Future of Working Families Teamsters nineteen thirty two, dot org.
Speaker 16: KCAA Radio has openings for one hour talk shows. If you want to host a radio show, now is the time. A Kia your flangship station. Our rates are affordable and our services are second to none. We broadcast to a population of five million people plus. We stream and podcast on all major online audio and video systems. If you've been thinking about broadcasting a weekly radio program on real radio plus the internet, contact our CEO at two eight one five nine nine ninety eight hundred two eight one five nine nine ninety eight hundred. You can skype your show from your home to our Redlands, California studio, where our live producers and engineers are ready to work with you personally. A radio program on KCIA is the perfect work from home advocation in these stressful times. Just type KCA radio dot com into your browser to learn more about hosting a show on the best station in the nation, or call our CEO for details to eight one five nine nine ninety eight hundred okay c a.
Speaker 13: A Welcome to the Fabulous Lifestyle radio Show.
Speaker 4: Tune in for a vibrant mix of fashion