Speaker 1: And an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk. All right, we're joined right now by one of the dogs, part of the World Series Champions last year and a big part of the Dodger Bullpen this year, the one and only Anthony Banda. Anthony, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Can we rewind to Mexican Heritage Night at Dodger Stadium. What did you think about the uh Luce Libre fighters that they surprised everybody with.
Speaker 2: I thought that was pretty cool, given the fact that you know wrestling I watched growing up, Me and my brothers, we watched it and fell in love with it until I found out it was fake. But no, it's very entertaining, and that's what I came to an understanding with was the entertainment of it. So I can see, you know why people love it and people cheer for it and then blessed like the Jerseys. I thought they were awesome. So I was begging you guys to uh to give me something. So I'm glad I got some. I can hook it up, Banda if you need some, I got some I got.
Speaker 1: So you deserve it. I mean, you leave your arm out there on the mound, You leave your heart out there on the mound every time out there. What's it like coming back and being a world champion.
Speaker 2: It's fulfilling, But you know, we got another job at hand, and it's a new season, so you know, we leave all the awards and everything else like that back at home and get back to work and stay focused on what we need to do this year.
Speaker 1: Your job title is still the same Dodger reliever, but it feels like your role is a lot different than last year. How have you adjusted to it?
Speaker 2: You know, it's the same mindset I had last year whenever the phone rings and it's it's made just kind of you know, understand what the job is and understand my lane and understand the sequences I need to do to attack the hitters, and just go and execute that game plan and have some fun doing it.
Speaker 1: You and the other dogs from last year were pushed to the limits. I have not forgotten that, and I don't take for granted it. Just the the wear and tear and the toll it takes on your body. How have you been able to bounce back? And do you feel like your body is is more in a rhythm now than it was maybe to start the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, given the fact, you know, we had some unfortunate injuries going down, and you know, it's you know, it's a it's a workload that we're taking on. But that's that's kind of what we do, and it's kind of our job, and you know, it's it's it's an honor to put on the Dodger blue uniform and continue to pitch for the Dodgers. So if you want to continue doing that, you just got to understand that that comes with the job. And uh, you know, like we've always said, we always pick each other up, regardless of what it what it takes. Uh, it's a team effort and so that's what we're striving for every single time. And whoever's coming out of that boat and we're rooting for and cheering for, and when that person gets a job, it's the next person up. So that's just what our mindsets are and that's that's what we carry from last year to this year. And we've been we've been in a good spot lately, so I think we're doing a very good job with that.
Speaker 1: How impressed have you been with Ben Casparius because he's in a similar spot him and Jack Dryer as you were last year, and they seem to have really stepped up like you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, you know, having guys to step up and understand that that's the culture that that we expect and that you know, they molded into very very quickly. It's it's a it's amazing to watch. It's given the fact that they are young and you know, this is our first full year, but they're what impresses me the most impresses everybody down there is that they're relentless and they're not they're not scared to go after hitters and they go out and just you know, they have unbelievable stuff. Uh, and you know, they just take advantage of the hitters and you know, basically bully the guys. So it's fun to watch given the fact that we've known Ben for a little bit now, but especially with Jack, he's a very quiet individual, but he knows what he's doing. He gets his job done, and you know, I couldn't be more happier for those two guys to really step up and take on those roles.
Speaker 1: World Champion and Great teammate Anthony Bonda is our guest. Before I let you go, I know you have to be in the moment. You're not reflecting on last year. But there is a lot of that. Because the Dodgers are going to be playing the Mets seven times in the next week, You're gonna see the Yankees on the next home stand as well as a group of that bullpen, what do you believe you guys are the most.
Speaker 2: Proud of just taking on the workload and taking on the responsibility of being in that bullpen and showing up every day ready to compete. You know, we control what we can control, and like I said, we're part of the team and it's a team effort to go out and try to win every single game. So the thing is is like that's that's pretty much what we're proud of, and that's what we carry around with us, regardless of who we're playing or you know, where we're at, regardless of you know, who goes down who does and it's just all about a team effort and we're all pulling for each other. And at the same time, we know that every single day we got to bring our a game because that's just a Dodger's way.
Speaker 1: Hey, that was one of the most remarkable performances any Bullpen has ever put together as a group in a world series, in a postseason run and Anthony Banda, you obviously wear a big part of it and keep it going, Stay healthy, stay up, and we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me.