Speaker 1: This is the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighty station one oh three point one.
Speaker 2: Text us at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred.
Speaker 3: A reminder that if you want to help out the victims of the flooding and the Hill Country, that you can do that by going to community Foundation dot net. That's community Foundation dot net our text number seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. You can text us anytime. You can also find this on Instagram at JB Sandy at X, also on TikTok same handle. And we got some messages from you guys that wanted to share with you. I'll get things started. This is kind of funny. Actually, it's from Patsy who just saw one of our posts and said, I commuted from Cedar Park to downtown Austin for six years and listened to y'all and she has questions. It's been a while. Listen, she said, is JB still with Aaron? Did Sandy? Yes? Did Sandy find love? That's how long ago it's been? Hell yeah, she said. Y'all were talking about the book Bay Maybe four to one one, written by Austin pediatrician Ari Brown. One day She said, I bought the book when I was expecting my child, who is now a college senior. Wow. So to answer your question, yeah, Jab and Aaron still together.
Speaker 4: Still together, she's still tolerating me.
Speaker 3: And his daughter pointed out how abnormal it was that his parents, her parents, were still married.
Speaker 1: My daughter thinks it's so weird because all of her friends, everybody she knows, their parents are split.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she thinks we're weird.
Speaker 2: We're married.
Speaker 3: Very strange. Her other question, did Sandy find love? Eh? I don't know if I found love.
Speaker 4: I mean, you found a companion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone that tolerates my lady friend, someone the cohabitat with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, split the bills with, you know that type of thing I got. She she and I have been married for seventeen years, have a sixteen year old daughter, and have been together for twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah, seventeen years.
Speaker 1: I mean, let's just call it twenty two. That's that's defying odds.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I'll tell you what. There's a lot of people that met the under on that and lost.
Speaker 1: When I saw a funny post, I'm gonna paraphrase it and I won't get it exactly right, but it was like it said, so, the divorce rate of straight couples is forty nine percent divorce or something like, wow, the divorce rate for gay men in a relationship is forty four percent. Well split four that stay together. Sorry, forty nine percent of straight couples stay together. Forty four percent of gay men stay together. Gay women it was like, it was like nineteen percent. So it said, of the problems, clearly women are the problem. I really screwed that up, but you get the idea. It was very fun.
Speaker 3: We have a nomina, one of our best friends is a gay woman. She always jokes. Anytime she can't points it out, she goes, I'm telling you to lesbians meet they move in together. Three days later. She's like, it's.
Speaker 4: Really just in general escalat quickly.
Speaker 3: It's stereotype about gay women is that they move in together right away, like there's no money. It's yeah, that was pretty funny.
Speaker 4: You know, my neighborhood is historically a lesbian neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Lucky, and I know that because I did the Austin found podcast for three years with Michael Barnes from the Statesman, and we did an episode called where are the Gaborhoods of Austin.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 1: And and there aren't very many, which they're compared to a lot of cities, which is a whole other story. I won't go off on that, but but Travis Heights, Yeah, a lot of artists and a lot of gay community historically here it's it's this neighborhood's changing. These are now Californians moving in. But yeah, I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 3: JB. Do you have a text or a message?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: This is from Cindy says OMG, y'all are the best. I've listened to JB and Sandy since day one. I quickly fell in love with Sandy and Tricia when I found y'all, and now with JB back, it's golden, golden, it is. I even have my hubby listening to y'all now, and he's homebound on hospice. Y'all brings so much joy every day, and we are so thankful for you guys. You don't realize it, but y'all are blessings? Are you all are a blessing to so many? Oh that's very sweeting. Yeah, I'm sorry you're going through that. If we can make y'all' day a little bit better and shout out to those hospice providers. Man, they provided amazing service for people that can't be easy to do. You know, it's got to be tough, how about you. Tricia got one?
Speaker 2: I have one. This one from Wes Drake.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 5: This was back when we were talking about we think that the KXA and Morning meteorologist Kristin Curry is Austin's new girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Leeve declared her that.
Speaker 5: So Wes wrote in and said, Kristin Curry is the bomb, excellent meteorologist, the coolest personality and she is real. She shares her good days, bad days, and go and half mad days with us. Her KKs and family and followers love that. Y'all love her too, so's cool. Clearly Wes works with Kristens. We got the inside inside info that she is as cool as we think she is.
Speaker 3: I got one here and it's pretty funny. It says, hey, I heard you and JB talking on the show about the Leslie dress up magnets. Had to share my set still in the original package I got in the book people back in two thousand and six. She said, feel free to share if you like. Y'all have a great day, and then I wrote her back that this hysterical, and she said yes, And every one of my family got them in their Christmas stockings that year. And it's just all the little magnets of Leslie.
Speaker 2: Different ways you could dress them up.
Speaker 3: Yep, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like so yeah, Leslie was if you're new to Austin, he was our very famous flamboyant, bikini wearing homeless man who ran for mayor and actually did well. And he was just he was the face of keep Austin weird. They had made a little what did you call those when you were a kid, paper dolls sort of yeah, yeah, magnetic yep, Leslie's outfits and they sold him at book People and I know it, they had them at Waterloo Records. And for those of you who don't remember the origins of keep Austin weird, it it was about buying local. It wasn't totally about being weird. It was about supporting and buying local, which you know, we seem to be losing that spirit. And then Waterloo and book People are the prime example. They still exist where they've closed in most cities. You know, I mean that type of store that was local record stores, bookstores but yeah, keep keep buying local when you can.
Speaker 4: That's that's what it means to keep usting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, try to bring that back. It's getting harder and harder to drive that point home with people. We were just talking about it earlier. When places like La La Land are opening up, you know.
Speaker 4: Right down the street from Joe's Coffee, right, Joe's got to.
Speaker 3: Be like, hey, what the hell? Right, So here's another one that boy, This is a flashback JB. It's from Adrianna Hensley. It's a comment on our on a face on a Instagram post and she said, you guys called me back in two thousand when I had my baby at one pound. Baby was one pound, Oh my gods, and you guys sent me a card with a gift card and we talked on the radio for a little bit. It was amazing. My son is now twenty five years old and I still have the card you sent me to this day.
Speaker 2: Geez, guys, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: I know the baby was one pound. I remember that. I remember were talking to her on air. Yeah, just being in shock. Yeah, but now dude's twenty five years old.
Speaker 2: That's really cool. That's amazing.
Speaker 4: Cut the card right.
Speaker 1: Oh my God, that's like when this dog that's in my lap, she was two pounds when we brought him home, and he would just you could just hold him in one hand, just cut him in one hand. A little human that's one cheese.
Speaker 3: She's that's a fighter right there, that kid, I mean, one pound.
Speaker 5: What a great story, what a happy ending. Thank goodness, absolutely so.
Speaker 3: We love you.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately that that kid is only sixty eight pounds now.
Speaker 4: He's doing okay, James.
Speaker 3: Right. We love hearing from you. Guys. If you've got a memory you want to share, we'd love to hear it. You can text us at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred, or leave a message on our social media on Instagram, it's at JB Sandy at x. Same thing on TikTok. How about a quick TikTok check here, let me see our number? Yeah, let me see if we're growing on TikTok. So we're trying to get to that magical number of fifty of fifty. Yeah, so we can do a TikTok live. We're up to thirty seven thirty seven. Follow us.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, slow and steady wins the race.
Speaker 3: Sandy, Yeah, I think you're right, give us a follow there at JB Sandy at X. It's funny though, because on TikTok, even with just a few followers, we get a lot of views, you know what I mean. Yeah, they've got a lot of weird stuff on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: There are people out there TikTok, people out there doing TikTok lives, and I'm like, why are you doing this? You know what I mean? You can see how many people are watching.
Speaker 2: So who's weird?
Speaker 5: The person who's excuse me, doing the weird TikTok live or the people who are watching the weird TikTok live.
Speaker 3: A little of both, I think, I don't know. But boy, there's people out there just selling stuff. I mean, their whole thing is selling like a lot of in my feed anyway, selling drones and selling scooters, stuff like that. They're just hawking them like the old QBC days. Remember they're selling stuff on QBC Like, hey, for the next twenty minutes, we've got these things marked down, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. I'm like, all right, do what you gotta do to make make a buck. I guess yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: Anyway, a reminder if you want to help out the people affected by the flooding in the Hill Country to do that please, they could definitely use it. Community Foundation dot Net. We mentioned earlier in the show that this is the spot to give your money to. They've got make sure your money gets to where you wanted to go. In fact, Robert O'Keane I saw him do a video talking about Communityfoundation dot Net. As JB pointed out earlier, he's kind of the face and the voice of the Hill Country. So you know, if he's on board with this organization, then you know it's a good one. So your money is safe to be donated there. This is the JB and Sandy Show podcast.
Speaker 2: You can listen live every morning on one of three point one in Austin, or stream the show on the iHeartRadio app.