Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is sponsored by LA Care Health Plan, providing affordable healthcare insurance to millions of Angelinos for over twenty five years. And now your voice for Dodger Talking like back damn Cats.
Speaker 2: Hey mixed night for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Good they get the win.
Speaker 2: Good they pick up a game on the Padres and the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 4: Bad.
Speaker 2: Tyler Klass now goes on the injured list with right elbow.
Speaker 3: Ten to night.
Speaker 2: Is Hi, everybody, and welcome to Dodger Talk on this Friday night. Thanks for being with us. We know you got a lot of choices out there doing a lot on a Friday, driving around, sitting at home, wherever you may be listening on a FI seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app outside of the Southern California era. We appreciate it. We appreciate you listen to the podcast as well. As the Dodgers get to win in Saint Louis seven to six over the Cardinals.
Speaker 3: It wasn't easy.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers jumped out to a two zhen lead, saw that lead disappear on a Paul Goldsmith to run home run. The Cardinals would take the lead in the third out of run in the fifth and the Dodgers down four to two in the sixth inning, put together a five run inning capped off by a Kevin Kiermyer three run home run to give the Dodgers the lead. They go on and win it by a final of seven to six. Justin Robluski, he gets the win. The left hander gets called back up, makes his fifth start in the major leagues, goes five innings, Dodgers give the run support in the sixth, they give him his first win in the big leagues. He was happy after the game talking to David Vasse and the rest of the assembled media, as Michael Kopek also got a first, his first save in a Dodger uniform. The hard throwing right hender picked up his tenth save of the season, his first in a Dodger uniform. And the Dodgers just had the right recipe tonight, timely hitting, home run ball, good pitching, and a lockdown closer in the ninth inning to get the win. And they do just that, seven to six over the Cardinals, and with the Diamondbacks and Padres both losing, the Dodgers pick up a game in the division, now three games up over Arizona and San Diego. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is our number. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. That's all good. The Dodgers win. They come back and do it. They get good pitching, three home runs. Mookie Betts goes team, Michael Kopek comes in, closes it out in the ninth inning with a pair of strikeouts.
Speaker 3: They pick up a game in the Division. The bad again.
Speaker 2: Tyler Glass Now, right before first pitch, we find out the move that he was placed on the injured list with right elbow tendon. Nightis quite frankly in his last start. Didn't see anything that was out of the ordinary. Didn't hear anything the last couple of days as far as he wasn't feeling right. The elbow was barking, he felt some soreness. This kind of came out of left field. Tyler glasnow has made twenty two starts for this Dodgers team. He's got that one short stint on the injured list. He last pitched on Sunday in the final game of this home stand before the road started. Win seven innings, a lot, two runs, five hits. Dodgers winded up winning the game in next r innings in ten innings against the Pirates, but he pitched his tailoff. Didn't hear anything on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, And here we are on Friday and find out that Tyler Glass Now's elbow he's got some tendonitis in it, some inflammation in his right elbow, and right there is a red flag as we sit here now on August.
Speaker 3: Sixteenth, one Dodger pitcher.
Speaker 2: Who you can count on and hope for in the postseason is now got tendonitis in Tyler Glass now. And we know that he's coming off an arm injury a year and a half ago. He has pitched really well. He's been durable this year. He's given now almost a career high and number innings pitched and outings, and he's been everything the Dodgers that hoped for when they traded for him and signed him to that extension this past offseason. And to now find out he's got tendonitis in the elbow, it's starting to worry me. And that twenty second start on Sunday against the Pirates officially puts him at a new career high as far as starts in a season. Also now one hundred and thirty four innings pitched, he has surpassed his career high there as well. So he is into uncharted territory as far as pitching. So when you hear that and now is elbows barking, I start to worry. And I worry because we've seen so many Dodger pitchers, starters, relievers get hit by the injury bug. And I'm not counting Tony Gonsolid, and I'm not counting Dustin May, who the Dodgers weren't really counting on this year anyways. But Emma Shean, Kyle Hurt, the injury to Yamamoto, Bruce dark Ratterol Blake trying to on and off the il Ryan Brazier bio by a calf injury, non throwing arm situation. It's been a problem in Kurtin Clayton Kershaw coming off shoulder surgery. To hear Tyler Glass now's arm is barking with ten tonight, is is now worrisome for me as he is now career high in innings end games started, all right, Dave Roberts speaking to the media, We've been waiting for him. He is the fact is talking to the media. David Vassay is there. Let's head back to Saint Louis, hopefully find out more about Tyler Glassnow's elbow. Find out more about this game tonight. Let's check in back in Saint Louis with the Dodger manager. Here's Dave Roberts with the media.
Speaker 5: All right, Dave, considering everything that's going on with the team, how big of a win was this tonight?
Speaker 6: Huge win? You know, tonight we got contributions from from everyone, and you know, it wasn't the best pitch game, but offensively we we uh can't through. Kim had a huge hit, you know, migey Row had another big hit for us and played a really good defense, and so we got to win. And the back end guys were fantastic tonight and much needed. It was good playing against the playoff contending team. It's hard to win games here.
Speaker 5: Can you tell guys like Kopek and kier Maier that their careers have been rejuvenated coming to a winning team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can. And players want to play, but players want to win. And so now you put those two guys that are you know, veteran, veteran type players certainly on the Kermeyer side in a winning environment and they're ready when called upon, and the teammates feed off there kind of their gratitude to be here, and you know they come with a vengeance and we need that edginess certainly, you know where we're at in the calendar and certainly in the standings with.
Speaker 5: As dominant as Kopek has been, not just tonight you pitched him in the ninth him getting to say, the questions are going to be is he your closer?
Speaker 6: You know, we'll see. I don't want to kind of annoying him yet, but he's certainly, you know, making a strong case for that. And I also, you know, feel that you know, we've got some other guys that can finish games, and you know there's other times that the eighth inning is typically the top of the top of the order, and so you know that matters to so well, we'll see how it goes. But Cope, still in the heck out of the baseball, what can.
Speaker 5: You tell us about Tyler's injury that you announced before first pitch.
Speaker 6: He's got some elbow tendonitis and so this came about after his bullpen and so after his pen I forgot which day it was he felt good. The next day in catch play it flared up a little bit. So right now it's ten to nine ers. We took scans and that's what it came. That's what came of it. So, you know, our expectation is that it's going to be the two week. We backdate a few days and then you know, when his time is up, he'll be ready to make a start and we'll plug him in.
Speaker 4: Somewhere considered is the elbow though how much does that sort of in the back of your mind as you're sort of managing him going forward.
Speaker 6: I think that's more of, you know, the impetus of putting him on the il so we don't have to worry about, you know, how we manage him. And he was fighting tooth and nail to make the start tomorrow. But you know, we've been we've been very consistent as far as you know, the stretch run, getting guys ready for the stretch run. And he's a big part of, you know, finishing the season out the right way. And so if he were to make the start tomorrow, I would have been on pins and needles from the first throw, and I don't think that's good for him, good for the team, and so we made the right decision. Again, Tyler was really disappointed because he feels like he wants to take the baseball. But I think as an organization, this something we had to.
Speaker 2: Do for first fishers. I just were waiting back on the scans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, just kind of trying to you know, he's already had a surgery and so just trying to line up with you know, stuff and getting it gathering as much information and symptomatically there's still something in there. But feels that he can still pitch. But that doesn't mean it's the right decision, even.
Speaker 2: If it is kind of a minimum on the eye out.
Speaker 7: How about you have to manage him, kind of moving forward him and.
Speaker 6: That he has you know, some history or you know. I think once he comes back, I think the Governor's off, you know, where we're going to be at. And that's the point of going through this process. And so he's not going to come back until we feel that we can use him the way he's supposed to be used as a major league you know, Ace and Bobby will start tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts, so we can exhale a little bit for the news that we just found out from Dave Roberts about Tyler Glass. Now, it started after a bullpen session and then playing catch here during the week in between starts. He was scheduled to start tomorrow there in St.
Speaker 3: Louis.
Speaker 2: Mri showed no structural damage, just tendonitis. That is good news, but still something you want to keep an eye on. As he said that Tyler fought to try and pitch tomorrow, but they didn't want to.
Speaker 3: Take that risk.
Speaker 2: And I don't blame him if you need to shut him down for fifteen days. And I read into that that sounds like it's probably gonna be the extent of it. Fifteen days on the il miss two turns through the rotation, let him heal, let him get right, let the elbow stop barking, the inflammation go down, and get ready for the stretch run. Nothing wrong with that. Certainly, when you have a three game lead in the division, it's a little it's not great timing.
Speaker 3: Let's be honest with you.
Speaker 2: If this were a Dodger team that was nine and a half games up in the division, they had some cushion there, I'd feel a lot better giving him some time off to rest and get that elbow for the stretch run in October. But you gotta do what you gotta do, whether you got a nine and a half game lead or you got a three game lead in the division. If that elbow's not right, he's got some tendonitis in there. You got to get the inflammation down. Thankfully, as doc said, no structural damage. So they will put him on the fifteen day IL and it sounds like he'll be ready to go when that fifteen day stint is over. So whew, some good news finally on the injury front. You'd rather have no injuries, obviously, but if that's the results of the MRI and test done on Tyler Glass, now that is certainly good news. So Bobby Miller gets to start tomorrow. Hey, let's hope Bobby Miller can come out and figure out whatever his problem has been, whether it's mechanics or between the years or whatever. He's physically right or else he wouldn't be out there. But let's hope he can go back out there and get back to that level that Bobby Miller was pitching out a year ago.
Speaker 3: How great would that be?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm rooting for that young man to go back out there and figure it out again.
Speaker 3: He's got all the talent in the world.
Speaker 2: He just needs to go out there and, you know, start pitching and just stop throwing one hundred miles an hour all the time and try to blow gas by guys lost his command.
Speaker 3: Start going out.
Speaker 2: And pitching, mixing it up and being more consistent with your pitches. And if he can figure it out, which a lot of young pitchers they come in, they ask him success with the fastball. When the league catches up to it figures you out. You have to adjust. And Bobby Miller's have trouble adjusting here in his second year in the big leagues, and that's why he's been up and down with the Dodgers. And hopefully, you know, he didn't go back down to Triple A and all of a sudden there's rave reviews and oh my gosh, he's figured it out. There was a mechanical issue. They fix this, They fix that. He's ready to go. It just hasn't been the case in his three starts down in the minor leagues. I told you what he's done in Triple A. He's allowed nine runs, eleven walks in thirteen innings in three starts down in Triple A, Oklahoma. See those aren't great numbers. That is somebody still trying to work through whatever he has going on. So let's hope he can come back tomorrow and get going in the right direction and help out the Dodgers team because they need starting pitching to go deep. Justin Robleski went five innings today. He got hit around a little bit, wasn't pretty. He got the win, and the Dodger's bullpen had to cover for four innings and get twelve outs.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: They can't keep doing this, Dodger fans. We talked about it yesterday, the need for starting pitching to go six and to help out the bullpen and take some pressure and strain off of the arms down the bullpen because they are getting worked and they are getting a lot of innings on their belts this year and that needs to change here. If these guys want to be healthy, ready to go and have somewhat fresh arms in October eight six, six ninety seven to two five, say we'll take a break, we'll come back. We'll get to your phone. Calls you hear from Dave Roberts I el sent for Tyler Glass. Now the tendonitis, that's the extent of it. That is good, and they hope to have him back when the fifteen days are over rested and ready to go.
Speaker 3: Eight ninety seven two.
Speaker 2: Five seventy Dodgers come back beat the Cardinals tonight in Saint Louis.
Speaker 3: Seventy six is your final.
Speaker 2: You're on a M five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Thinks should be with.
Speaker 7: Us AM five seventy LA Sports be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk all of those things.
Speaker 1: Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app. We're streaming online. We stream every game too.
Speaker 3: Come find them.
Speaker 1: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 6: In a high fly ball right center, it's deep, it's headed back, it has gone.
Speaker 4: It's a three run home run for Kevin deer myre Oh, how.
Speaker 3: Do you like that?
Speaker 2: Kevin Kiermier goes deep, three run home run, Mookie Betts goes deep, Gavin Lux goes deep. The Dodgers hit three home runs part of a six run or make that five run six Stanning Bets and cure Meyer's Home Runs bookinging that as the Dodgers beat the Cardinals seven to six. Daniels Jeweler is the official sponsor of the Trip around the Diamond. Stop by any Daniels Jeweler's location and say home run for your free team bracelet and a fifty dollars gift card towards any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream. Let's go out to the phones. Thanks for being patient with us. Justin and Santa Monica start things off here on this Friday night. Dodgers win and get some good news. Nothing and hopefully nothing's affair with Justin.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Justin, Hey, that does makes you think of my call?
Speaker 4: You know what, listen, it's good to get to win. I mean it is being as you as we all know, a rough.
Speaker 8: Week with all the injuries that we're still sustaining.
Speaker 4: As you probably also know, the.
Speaker 8: Dodgers a number one team in MLB as the most injured team in baseball. We lost our number three top prowest pit pitching prospect.
Speaker 9: We're losing our eighth in pitching.
Speaker 4: And I called last week.
Speaker 8: And mentioned Thomas Albert on.
Speaker 4: The training staff.
Speaker 8: And it's not just me. If you go out of a social media of own, many many Dodgers fans, this training staff has a big problem. And I'm grateful that glasnow only has ten to nights, but I gotta say, we need somebody else to be keeping his eyes on him. As you all know, he has a tendencies, he's at his top amount pitch load, and it's just like it's the biggest failure we have with his team.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to stop you right there, justin I appreciate the phone call. If if this Dodger pitching staff, starters, relievers all had elbow or shoulder injuries, I would be right there with you saying, hmm, what's going on? Why are so many Dodger pitchers getting hit with arm injuries? But we've seen calf injuries, the abductor injuries, hamstrings, ribs.
Speaker 3: It's more than just shoulder and elbow.
Speaker 2: And it's in the guys who are getting affected by soreness, tendonitis, forearm strains. Eventually Tommy John surgery. That's part of the game. It is we're caught in the world that this is the Dodgers, but this is happening across baseball, Dodger pitchers getting hit or Majorlely pitchers getting hit with injuries to elbows and shoulders. But keep in mind, not everything is an arm and shoulder issue. Brasier Grattarol trying, calf injuries, hamstring injuries, so it's not just always the arm and shoulder. And I'm not gonna sit and start pointing fingers at it. It's an epidemic in baseball and it's happening more and getting magnified now more because people want to blame it on something, and if they're not blaming training stats, which is ridiculous, we're blaming the pitch claw and maybe speeding up guys and not letting them take forty five seconds in between pitches is an inconvenience and is forcing these guys to work quicker. But also there's a problem at the lower level. And I'm gonna give you a prime example. Somebody on social media this last weekend retweeted like under thirteen, under fifteen, these national teams being put together and these peage what is a perfect game is one of these But they wasn't from them, It was from a different outlet, and it was the top performers at this tournament over the weekend, and it talked about what they did, and it also had a stat about the hardest throwing like under fifteen kid at the tournament. It broke down how hard they were throwing miles per hour. What what are we doing this? This is the problem. One of them, I think is I'm watching MLB right network. Right now, they're showing the hardest throw in baseball, Ben Joyce right of the Angels. He just threw a pitch. They're showing one hundred and four point seven miles per hour. They just sold a Raalda's Chapman I believe right before that at one hundred and five miles an hour. This is what we're glorifying. Here is how hard you can throw. And it's getting down to under thirteen teams, under fifteen teams.
Speaker 3: We certainly see it.
Speaker 2: At the high school level, how hard you can throw. This is what the problem is. Guys are throwers nowadays in baseball. You are taught to throw hard. You are taught to be a chucker out there. You're not taught how to pitch. You're not taught how to pitch backwards in account, you're not taught how to use your ospeed pitch first to lead off in a bat. You're not taught how to mix it in and out. You're taught at the young age, how fast can you throw? Let spotlight this kid for throwing seventy nine miles an hour at the age of twelve.
Speaker 3: Watch the Little League World Series.
Speaker 2: There was a kid from one of the international teams I believe, I think it might've been Puerto Rico that they were talking about. His fastball at the Little League World Series happen right now, clocked in at like seventy two miles an hour, which is the equivalent at sixty feet six inches of like one hundred and four or whatever, one hundred and three something like that. That's what they're focusing on, not the kid who goes out there and pitched five innings and allowed two hits and got nine ground balls and doesn't throw one hundred miles an hour equivalent, because that's not what we want to see on you know, social media.
Speaker 3: That's the problem.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm not gonna say your point fingers at anything else that right, there's the start of it, and there may be tentacles kind of leaning out other issues. As far as why all the rats of injuries, certainly, but it starts right there. That's where you can just start the focus, I believe with all these arm injuries, as somebody who has seen it years ago, continues to follow high school baseball here in southern California and watching these kids and their arm injuries at a young age. You know a lot of you have kids out there baseball and coach or you're watching your kids go through all this travel ball and you know, going across the country playing tournaments.
Speaker 3: That's all they do every weekend.
Speaker 2: They go to Arizona or they go out to Palm Springs or a Covina Complex or Corona and playing tournaments three games in a weekend and pitch every weekend order those games. And they're pitching for their high school team, pitching for their whatever team the area code teams. Now in the summertime, it's it's NonStop. So not to get on a rant there, but he got me going. As far as we're not pointing the finger at training staffs at the major league level, you think they wanted their their property. That's what they are that this is their investment. You know, you're paying these players millions of dollars as investment. Are you gonna go in your car that you invested and paid a lot of money for. Are you gonna go and try to get it to not run? Are you gonna try to put diesel in in a in an engine and know that it's gonna completely destroy the engine just so what it could go faster?
Speaker 3: For a second?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna try to spruce up your car knowing that you're gonna get a bunch of tickets or something's gonna go wrong. It's not right? Why that's that's the same thing. You're gonna invest in one hundred million dollars in a picture. You're gonna invest three hundred million dollars in a picture and want them to get hurt.
Speaker 3: Why do you think they'd limit pitchings.
Speaker 2: Why do you think they have video cameras and stats and three D graphics and all this analytics on every spin rate? Why do you think they have all this so they can monitor and best keep an eye on preventing injuries and best maximize their investments, but not hurt them. So to say, athletic training staffs in any sport want their players and push their players to get hurt is asenine. It's just that that's that's completely asinine. Why would they do that. It's an investment. You want the investment for the short term and the long term. I'm not gonna push somebody so up. Hey, all right, sorry about that, Colin. Ye we workeship too hard. Tommy John surgery seeing eighteen months, young man, what does that do for the team. You just lost the guy for eighteen months. Come on, that's not the answer that. That's not what's happening. It's an epidemic in baseball. It goes to the youth. It talks about it's all about, like I just said for the last ten minutes, it's all about teaching kids to throw as hard as they can and do it all the time, and throw their arms out and put that straight ut of their arms at such a young age. That's the problem. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. Sorry to go on a rant there, but the more and more I thought about that, come on, come on, Mike Irwindale, Mike your next up on Dodger Talk. Dodgers beat the Cardinals seven to six. They pick a game up on the Diamondbacks in the padres so both lost the night for the first time since July twenty eighth.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Mike, Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 1: Uh finally, but is it time this to flip flop Mookie back to the light spot?
Speaker 2: It's Uh, it's something that they should maybe start thinking about because you look at the production or lock thereof from mister shohey Otani. You gotta wonder if maybe it changes is something that would be good for him, because what did he go again tonight? U zero for five with two punch outs. He's now hitting closer to two ninety than he is three hundred.
Speaker 9: And then as much as I'm pulling, we know Bobby Miller is going to be great eventually. But was there a reason maybe they should have called up land and Knack back up.
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: I don't think they could. They Well, I appreciate the phone call, Mike.
Speaker 2: They couldn't call Landing NAC backup, Uh, because well it's because of injuries. I guess you could call person back up, but no, he got sent back down, so he has to weight to come back up. Bobby Miller Also, he could just pitch two days ago, so he couldn't pitch tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So there's the real reason.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Bobby Miller was supposed to pitch last night for Oklahoma City. It had been his fourth start since he got option back down again. He's battled through a little bit of an abductor issue and was shut down for a brief amount of time, and his come back, we're playing the training staff on his adductor issue. I mean, come on, But I think more for Bobby Miller, it's him fine tuning himself as the pitcher. The guy can blow gas, he can throw ninety eight, ninety nine, one hundred, but he needs to figure out how to hone in that fastball, inside out, work in his offspeed pitches and become more of a pitcher if you understand.
Speaker 3: What that means.
Speaker 2: Somebody can go out there, get out, get contact, but the contact is to guys ground balls, fly balls, and get swinging. Missus and Bobby Miller this year is just not getting that done at the major league level.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: Hopefully whatever he's been working on that hasn't necessarily showed results in TRIPAA the last three audience that he's had, Hopefully something clicks and something changes tomorrow, and the Dodgers certainly need that. They can't afford to have another outing tomorrow where a starter goes three and two thirds. They just can't. They need Bobby Miller to go out there and be a dog. They need Bobby Miller to go out there and he's got what the lion and the tiger or whatever it is on the chest. They need him to to find that inner tiger and lion and get after it tomorrow on the mound and just be relentless and go out there and deal and give them six innings and they'll let the bullpen get the final nine outs or whatever.
Speaker 3: John, and Woodland Hills is next up here on Dodge Talk. How you doing, John?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I have to tell you the other night. The other night you had Eric on, and Eric said that it was a shoe in that the Dodgers were going to win the division.
Speaker 4: OK.
Speaker 9: And he's not only wrong, he does not understand what baseball is about. Baseball is about runs. Who scores the most runs. Tonight was a lucky victory for the Dodgers. They were lucky to escape with a seven to sixth victory. And the fact that Tyler Glasna, who's been terrible the last two months, is now on the DL on the il for fifteen days. That's bs because we know that he's not been right for two months. We've been watching him for two months and knowing that he's not strike, he has not gotten out of innings the way that he used to get out of innings. So we know that the pitching staff is in shambles. We know that Shohy should not be batting one. He should be batting three, four or seven in the lineup. I want to look at Julio Rodriguez. Julio Rodriguez was in a slump and Seattle moved him to seventh in the lineup. He was in seventh in the lineup for three to seven days, and he broke out of that because they put him at seventh in the lineup. Then he he unfortunately got hurt and he couldn't go back to second in the lineup. But that's beside the point. The point is is that you have to make adjustments as a manager, and the Dodgers have not done that. They have not made the adjustments needed to not only win the division, but to be a front runner for the World Series. And the only thing that matters for this Dodgers team and for the fans is a World Series period, and where is batting right now? Is not enough?
Speaker 3: We'll find out enough.
Speaker 2: We'll find out if they tinker with the John I appreciate it. I'll let you get you what you wanted to say. I'll push back on the Glass now situation, Tyler Glass. Now, if he's been hurt and not the same as you mentioned, I'm gonna go back to his last start seven innings to earn runs. Start before that six innings against the Phillies, by the way, picks up win, goes six innings, allows three runs and at nine punch outs. Let's go to the start before that against the Padres, no decision. Seven innings, three runs, eight punch outs. Okay, his last three starts, he's gone six or seven innings and loud no more than three ear in runs with twenty one punch outs. It's pretty good to me. Doesn't seem like a guy who's lingering, hurt or banged up, but out there dealing two of those starts against two of the better teams in baseball. Now with show heo Tani, they're gonna have to pop to do something and adjust him in the lineup if he continues to struggle, Show hey, goes zero for five tonight with two punch outs. Show he had one hit yesterday he was one for four or zero for four the day before. He hasn't had a multi hit game this entire roach. He hasn't had a multi hit game going back to August fifth against Phillies, so he's now three series without multi hits. He's of course hitting his home runs, and he's still in his stolen bases, and he's gonna be a forty four guy, and I love that about him. But as a leadoff hitter, he's coming up five times every game. And that's one of the things that they mentioned about Sho Heo Tani. Why do we want him lead off? His power, his speed, his ability to hit the ball in all parts of the field, and we want to give him as many at bats as possible. We want to give him five at bats. Okay, he's getting five at bats, he's getting four at the minimum in every game, and he's not getting on base, and with runners in the scoring position, he's not producing. Guys in front of him are and guys behind him are in the lineup. So I'm not opposed to having show Yo Tani and Mookie Betts flip flop. I'm gonna pose at all because it worked for the first I don't know what three and a half once of the season. But now that show Hey is cooled off here the last what three series? So the last nine games, Yeah, I'm okay, and I think show he will be okay with it. Let's let's move him back to the two spot. Let's flip flop that there. I'm all right with it. You still got some time to get right and get used to that order again, seeing as you got a month and a half of regular season to play. So I I pushed back a little bit with you there, but I understand what you're saying as far as changing him in the lineup. But certainly I don't think Tyler Glass now has been been lingering, as you said the last few starts. The numbers just don't show that. And I to see his power and and I should say.
Speaker 8: His.
Speaker 2: Ability to go out there and want to get the ball every every time he's out. You don't see him lingering. You don't see him out there huffing and puffing and like gas and he's he looks like a guy who wants to get He wants the ball every time he gets it, and Dave Roberts said tonight they had to tell him, no, no, you are not starting tomorrow. We can't let that happen. As Dave said, he'd be on pins and needles every pitch he threw, and instead they had to put him on the injured list. Sometimes you got to save yourself, save somebody by putting them on the injured lists there so they don't damage it too much. And I think for Tyler Glass now an il stint here, while not ideal with a three game leading the division, it's certainly better to do it now than to do it in September, right before the postseason. So you shut him down now August sixteenth, fifteen days, it's the end of the month, his first start, what maybe the first, the second, I don't know. Look at the schedule right now, Dodger fans, if you don't have in front of you, I'll tell you who they're playing at the end of the month, Labor Day weekend, the Arizona Diamondbacks in Arizona. He could return for the final two games of that series, which is that four game wrap round series in Arizona, the final time those two teams will meet in the regular season. Let's squeeze an Aaron and Van Eyes. You are our final call tonight, erin how you.
Speaker 4: Doing Thank you Sam for taking my call.
Speaker 9: I'm good.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing good? Thank you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Skinner their teeth win tonight, I gotta say, but I mean, a win is a win.
Speaker 3: A win is a win, no doubt about it, Aeron.
Speaker 2: But sometimes you win by nine, Sometimes you win by three, Sometimes you win by one, Sometimes you win an extra inning. Sometimes you both race the team. There's all kinds of wins in baseball. The only thing that matters is when the game is over and you're in the win column and you're not in.
Speaker 3: The lost call. That's all that matters.
Speaker 2: We want when we look back at the record, we're not gonna sit there and say, wow, they barely beat the Saint Louis Cardinals back on August sixteenth, for that one win out of one hundred and sixty two.
Speaker 4: No, very true, very true. But the reason I wanted to call was in regards to tomorrow starter. Mister Bobby Miller got to say, after hearing you read off his triple A stats recently, I am feeling very less incompetent of a Dodger win tomorrow or him going very long.
Speaker 10: And I'm curious if, because last year was his first season in the Major leagues, correct it was, yes, yes, So I'm wondering if now like sophomore slump itis, I guess is with him. And maybe now there's a lot more video of him, and teams have kind of figured him out and analyzed him and made the adjustments as far as hitting goes. But Bobby, being a young freshman Major leaguer, hasn't made the adjustments in his pitching.
Speaker 2: You're right, I think that's sort of where I was saying earlier. I appreciate the phone call. Here is you hear all the time? Baseball is a game of adjustments. Andi paie has as an example we can use in the most recent right, Andy paie has comes up from Triple A Oklahoma City. There's not a lot on him. He comes up, he burst onto the scene. He's in fuego no pun intended his first ten games in the Major leagues, and then he cooled off and he's been up and down as far as his production since then. Because teams got more tape on you, they can you know what Hey, they got computers, just like the Dodgers do. There's analytical departments. They're scouting in every department in front office across baseball. They can figure you out better than you know yourself by looking at the numbers and spitting them all out of a computer, which is scary, by the way, but they know more about you than you know about yourself. And it's a game of adjustments. It's a cat and mouse game between a pitcher and hitters. And for hitters you got to go out there and do it on a daily basis. For a starting pitcher you get it every five days. And that's why the side work your bullpins are so important, and sim games when you're coming back from an injury is so important, so they can see how you're doing. What kind of mechanical issues are you having. Did you change something because maybe something sore this outing, Maybe you're a little you got some dead legs, or you got a sore side or a back, and so you're adjusting your wind up and it's affecting the way you're pitching, and you're missing on pitches you're usually thrown for strikes. Little things like that. They tweak in between starts. It's also a mental game. As a pitcher out there, you face this battery be fort you had success. Well, I'm gonna throw that same pitch I threw to get you out last time for strike three. I'm gonna do that again. Well, the hitter's thinking, Ah, he struck me out on a slider. I'm not gonna swing anything below the knees on as far as the slider coming. But if he hangs it, I'm gonna bang it. And he hits it out of the ballpark, You're like, wait, a second slider worked last time. Well, the hitter adjusted, and the game adjusted, and teams adjusted against pitchers, you gotta be able to adjust. So it's a lot between the years. It's a lot mechanical, and certainly it's physical as well. It's all three of them, and you have to have all of them working if you're a pitcher in baseball, and if one of them is off, you're not gonna have success. And I think for Bobby Miller, he's got to find those three combinations, put them all together, and when he does, he'll be back to the Bobby Miller that he was last year. And I'm confident he can do it. It's just a matter of when, not if he could do it. When he does it, all right, that's gonna do it for Dodger Talk, Mini thanks to Coliny. He's one of the good guys out there, folks. Colin he the best of the best. We appreciate him. We appreciate you listening. We appreciate you podcasting. Be a part of the show. Without you, it's not Dodger Talk. It's Tim talk. We don't want that. It's Dodger Talk. David Betsy will be back with you on Saturday, and then I'll be back with you on getaway Day on Sunday. Dodgers eleven games in of their thirteen games in thirteen days. They win tonight in Saint Louis, they beating the Cardinals seven to six. Justin Robleski, congratulations. He gets the winners first of the major leagues. Michael Kopek pitches a one, two, three ninth. He gets to save his first of the Dodger uniform. Dodgers seventy two and fifty one, now.
Speaker 3: Three games up in the nls IS.
Speaker 2: Both the Padres and the Diamondbacks lost tonight. Dodgers winners. They win in Saint Louis back at it tomorrow. Bobby Miller, Bobby Ice as some calum. Hopefully he's on tomorrow with the Dodgers, while Moroco Casino Dodgers on dec. At three, first pitch of four to fifteen until tomorrow. Have a safe rest of your Friday night, Stay cool out there, so everybody
Speaker 6: M