Speaker 1: You're listening to Sorry for Asking.
Speaker 2: Sorry for Asking.
Speaker 3: I'm Cole Connor and I'm Adam Ramsey. This is where we talk, shop, ask questions, tell stories, and laugh and laughs about being creators as well.
Speaker 1: As consumers of adult content.
Speaker 2: He love watching too, we certainly do.
Speaker 3: We also discussed the impact adult films have had on us, on our guests, and on the LGBTQ community.
Speaker 1: So strap on and strap in.
Speaker 2: And here we go. Hello, and welcome back to Sorry for Asking. Hi. I'm Cole Connor and I'm Adam Ramsey.
Speaker 3: Without about an introduction or anything, well we didn't, he did himself. Well, the surprise is out. Yes, we have Hayden Harding here with us. He's he's everywhere, all at once.
Speaker 4: Everything everywhere on the present, Yes, and so quickly. Yeah, yeah, we're gonna get into all of that. Hi, you guys is Hateen Harding.
Speaker 2: Yay. I don't even know how it happened.
Speaker 4: I met you at a party two years ago, and then all of a sudden you were just everywhere in my life, on my feed, among my friends.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I have to say he did do a lot of collabing with me at the beginning.
Speaker 5: I did so much to the point where you're the gate I can't film with col anymore.
Speaker 4: Cole, do you feel like you're like a gateway these days? Like for a lot of these these the new kids, I.
Speaker 3: Feel like I when I film, it's usually with people coming through LA film with a lot of people, even host people I.
Speaker 2: Have, and then they stay too long. Yeah I remember names.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but it's I mean, you've been there, You've seen it happen, and I've.
Speaker 2: Seen I think two and then more than just you. Yeah, yeah, they usually I'm not the only one that happens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but uh so it's kind of your fault because no, but it happens not learning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I spoke about this with my therapist and I was like, I need to be clear with my boundaries because even if I say something like you can stay two nights, but you got to go Sunday, if I say it with a smile, they don't.
Speaker 2: Really hear it.
Speaker 5: So just stating back to be forcing you to be like yeah, so that they're like, this was the agreement, this is what I said.
Speaker 2: People want to hear.
Speaker 3: People hear what they want to hear, you know, So like if if they're like, Okay, he means I can stay for like a couple of days. I'm sure he doesn't care if it's one more day. Yeah, you know, but I do, he does, he does.
Speaker 5: You guys, they're rigid boundaries, not they're not porous.
Speaker 2: Rigid not porous.
Speaker 4: Porest boundaries means that like oh yes, yeah, no, I'm I'm very familiar with my habit of porous boundaries.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how do you feel you Wow, you can actually see right through your your support.
Speaker 3: I mean, how do you feel about your boundaries? Do you feel like horrible?
Speaker 5: You're horrible horrible hoo horrible, horrible, horrible boundaries they're getting more and more rigid or I want to say balance, like closer to the It takes some work to actually my patience is just wearing thinner and thinner. Well, you're very busy, Yeah, you're very trying to keep myself busy. I mean, lately I feel like I haven't been busy enough.
Speaker 2: Is that true? But I still am.
Speaker 5: Like the one thing I just can't stand is when people don't respect my time.
Speaker 2: Like people, especially people like in the industry. There's two types of people.
Speaker 5: Those that do it because they're really good at what they do and like, I know, they're.
Speaker 2: Made for it. And then there's people that do it because they can't do anything.
Speaker 5: Else and they want attention and they want attention or like their face is just pretty enough and they don't want to get a real job, so.
Speaker 2: They do porn.
Speaker 4: Wait, no, no, I want to unpack all of it. We usually try to start at the beginning, but let's start in the present. It seems like maybe today you had an experience where your time was not respected.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's not us.
Speaker 5: I guess like I have like like a threshold for like how many things I can take in a week, and it's like this person canceled, this person canceled, this person canceled, And I'm about to have a hair transplant in Turkey, so I'm trying to build a bunch of content before that too, you know, to make sure I have my workload schedule eyebrows and there.
Speaker 2: No, oh my god, no, it slipped.
Speaker 5: But yeah, but I'm gonna be out of work for like, right at least a month, if not two or three. And even if I jump back in it, it might not be very good because it'll be fine. Yeah, Well we'll see who knows.
Speaker 3: Well, you can always wear a hat, but I know people that have that have had that done and then they just they wear a hat for all their Yeah, they just say.
Speaker 5: Like it's not the best for you to wear a hat afterwards making it a successful surgery. But yeah, but anyways, so I've been trying to get a lot of content in a very short amount of time, and this last week, my roommate was out of town, and so it was like, perfect, I have a place to myself, I can use the living room which has like beautiful natural light, and like what I want to do or what I want to use, And so I scheduled just shit tone of the collabs in that time. And then it's just like one thing after another happened where it's like, oh, the sales has to get rescheduled.
Speaker 2: This all has to get rescheduled.
Speaker 5: And so now I'm kind of just like, Okay, I've.
Speaker 2: Took too much work on the first time.
Speaker 5: So it's like anyone that's canceling for a reason that I think is like kind of bullshit, Like I'm I just don't want to get up and work today. Like I'm like, okay, well, yeah we can reschedule, but you can host, and you can find the cameraman, and you can pay for.
Speaker 2: All of it.
Speaker 5: And I just like, I guess I kind of like like, okay, if I'll put an equal effort. So I'm like, if you show me that you're willing to put in some effort and like put some commitment behind it, then it's like then we'll go again, or like or then I'll then.
Speaker 4: We'll you know, why is this such a common story lately, Like the last minute cancelations, I feel like.
Speaker 2: I hear it all.
Speaker 5: I think it's the people that just don't They are just in this because they don't want to work, and like, man, just like the last few months.
Speaker 4: I just feel like I've been hearing a lot of stories from friends of mine who are content creators who were just like, oh, well got canceled on again today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like constant cancelations.
Speaker 5: I mean there's people that like will also way over book themselves in like you know, like from that, but then also people will do it in preparation of cancelations. So like some guy will be visiting Los Angeles for one week and schedule three collapse a day knowing that two will cancel. Wow, and then if all three go through, then he'll cancel fucking exhausted.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I the last actually, the only time I can think of that I canceled was the guy that was from out of town and I knew he had a lot of stuff going on anyway, and I was just like, I'm not going to I mean, I'm.
Speaker 2: Guilty of it too.
Speaker 5: I've canceled, but like I feel like I could count the number of times in one hand. Yeah, like one hand, and they're always like good, Like if I have an STI, I'm not gonna film with you, please don't everyone.
Speaker 4: I mean the s c I is often I've heard an excuse, Yeah, like a not real one, one of.
Speaker 5: That people use really easy think about.
Speaker 2: It's like you got to tell it to one person.
Speaker 3: You gotta tell either way you're a human, and then you gotta and then you gotta wait.
Speaker 2: If it's a lie, then you still have to do the whether you're lying about having it or you're spreading it, are all just horrible people. Sorry, still lie about us.
Speaker 5: Just don't lie and make your commitments, show up on time, prep be ready to work, or just know yourself and don't overbook yourself.
Speaker 2: If you know that, you're like, you're not doing to in one day. You used to though, right, I.
Speaker 3: Have on like a content trip, but I don't usually if I've never really I'm on a trip to in one days to breezy, I could do one a day for a long stretch. Yeah, but even that's too.
Speaker 2: Much for me.
Speaker 5: I mean, if I'm if I'm in another city where I'm like not doing anything else and that I get bored, I'm like, okay, i could do three a day, but I'm going to space them out, or I'm gonna do no time.
Speaker 2: I know, there's different ways.
Speaker 3: Else, if you're verse, you can be like I can have a topping scene and then a bottoming scene.
Speaker 2: Yes exactly. So I'm going to London and one of them.
Speaker 5: Is like, Okay, these three guys are all very close to each other.
Speaker 2: I'm going to film back to back with all three of them. I kind of like, that's one douche.
Speaker 3: I'd rather put them all together and do a hot Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'll do that too, you know, but then sometimes they want separate, so those so it's kind of like you do like I'd rather than throw them all together in one shoot and get it all over done with with.
Speaker 3: William c It and Malik Delgatti that I went downtown for them to do like a three way, and then they both wanted two. I was like, I'll do one with William, but I don't have enough in me for two. For getting yeah, because I have one with I've done a duo with him already and he was on there. He was wearing condoms at the time, so I was like, I don't need another Condra Cass.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about you, okay, because I met you at a party, Yes, okay, Well, I don't know much about you. I know that we like you, know, I fucking love you as a person, but it's only because I know you for the last two and a half years. We met at a party through our friend Colin, and you're just so sweet and positive and bubbly. I think drama kind of follows you, but I don't know that side of you very much.
Speaker 2: I just know you to be a very positive and happy person.
Speaker 4: And then it was like, once you plugged yourself into the adult film gay adult film world, you were just like always working and so like what I like to work. I like to be busy, like in general, you're like a work in general.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I get restless, had a job at the times you still I had a day job. You don't do not anymore. Do you want to talk about that decision process?
Speaker 3: Well, because I feel like you got really I feel like you started traveling more and stuff when that well, yeah, so once that ended, then that's like my boyfriend travels all the time for work, and he does this too, but it's but not as much as me.
Speaker 5: He has like a full time, full time job, and so when he travels, like I feel my time to make sure I'm like just as busy as him, except mine's like all sex work are like all collaborations or photos.
Speaker 2: Like when you travel together.
Speaker 5: You mean, yeah, so he'll be he'll be doing his like full time job job, and then I'll be just doing a bunch of collabs. So it's kind of because some of it comes from that, like just trying to fill time, but also it's like trying to take advantage of being in a different place and like work with other creators in those locations.
Speaker 2: But you started in studios, right, I started in studio through my neighbors.
Speaker 4: Our mutual friends, Okay, yes, Lee, and then known as Levi on Sean Cody s Coty, who got involved.
Speaker 2: In all this.
Speaker 3: When was the first time, yea a Shawan Coty. It was like a year or two ago, two years, two years, two and a half years maybe, And I met you right before you went to Europe in August of last year. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, so you've done.
Speaker 5: At first, I was just doing Shancoty and then through that got into men and then I was like, okay, well, well I'm getting this exposure, I should at least create a Twitter and start building up a following in case I ever want to start only fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I'm.
Speaker 5: Glad I did that, of course, and now I have Now I'm doing only fans and I'm getting like before, I was definitely getting way more money in studio work than ever and only fans.
Speaker 2: Well because Sean Coty pays.
Speaker 4: I mean, like for people who are listening who don't know, Sean Cody is one of the studios who's long been known in the among the industry as like the highest paying studios.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it's also like the one it's.
Speaker 5: More they try to like maintain exclusivity.
Speaker 2: With their models for sure. Degree So yes, like this makes sense.
Speaker 5: There's exceptions, but yeah, but that's why people with if you already have a huge following, you're less likely to work with Sean Cody. Ah, if you have worked with other studios, it's very unlikely that they'll bring you in.
Speaker 2: Just kind of an interesting business model, like what do you think And they also just have like first names.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they all just have first name, so they like kind of like build people, they build their own star.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well their name is Sean Cody.
Speaker 3: So like it's definitely by design that like people think that they're watching like someone named Sean Cody.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Interesting, they can't remember the name of the model that they remember Shan Cody, right, figure, they can always That's how I always felt about.
Speaker 2: Ambiguous, Like oh I love Paul from Shankoch.
Speaker 3: And they're like, this guy doesn't really have a follower. I have to come to Shan Cody.
Speaker 2: Right right, right right. Interesting.
Speaker 4: So you were for like a period of time Sean Cody's Hayden Yeah right.
Speaker 5: I think I think so. Maybe I wasn't as aware of it at the time, but like happily.
Speaker 2: So like I love working with Shaan Cody. Yeah, team, you had a good experience.
Speaker 5: Yeah, men dot com as well like they because it's all owned by al the same parent company.
Speaker 2: Was Levi your first scene partner?
Speaker 5: Levi was my first scene partner, the first person to top him on camera?
Speaker 2: Wow, what a distinction. What a distinction. I mean that special, I mean you are. I mean he's a reliable top. Yes, gets heart, easy, comes easy. Yeah, but you know that about him.
Speaker 3: But he comes easy to because it comes easy, you guys, because we've had sex off camera too, and I'm like, just come, just do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please don't know. We don't need to be labor this.
Speaker 5: Most most people when they're filming, they have to take breaks, so like get hard again.
Speaker 2: I have to take breaks, so I don't come. That's so cute. I love it. I don't know if you were. Were you surprised that you were such a hit at Seawan Cody?
Speaker 5: I have a bit because I was pretty barry, Like, yeah, you're you're like and not there and I'm leaner now than I was then, Like so I was even chunkier.
Speaker 2: You were never chunky, thank you, but yes you were. You were. I was a bigger boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were me and fuzzy, which is like not usually Sean Coty's thing, So how did you?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know what. Uh it's that fucking smile. I can't even look at I just charmed the producers.
Speaker 3: They were just like, we want to work, yes, yeah, if you're reliable, and you're like that is the thing where it's like what I was saying about people that are in this because they show up and people that are in it because they don't want to do anything else.
Speaker 5: Seawan Cody is I think tired of like because it studio works expensive to make, Like you have to pay for all the models, you have to pay for all the tests that they have to clear for if you if they don't clear, that's still out of your pocket.
Speaker 2: And so I think they're tired of just.
Speaker 5: Paying for people that flaked or I guess like they give people a certain number of flakes before they're like, Okay, we're not asking.
Speaker 2: This person anymore.
Speaker 5: They've told me, they've told me like, like you're reliable, So like that's why they told me that.
Speaker 2: That's one of the reasons they bring me in. And I think also because I.
Speaker 5: Helped treat like and like I wasn't great in my first couple of studio scenes either. But like there are some people that are catch on a little more quickly about like fucking the camera and not fucking the.
Speaker 2: Person in front of you.
Speaker 5: So sometimes there's some teaching moments that really help. If you're a scene partner, is like helping helping steer you there, because most people like if you give them a gentle push, like the lead, then they catch on.
Speaker 4: Was there a person who did kind of was kind of the guide for you in that regard?
Speaker 5: I think just watching my own content and seeing my fuck ups, seeing my mistake, I was like, ooh, I hate that angle or.
Speaker 2: Ooh that doesn't And then also the producers help you.
Speaker 5: Too, like they say like like hey, Hayden, face the camera.
Speaker 4: I've got to say a lot as someone who's been doing this a very long time, there are a lot of people who do this who don't have that instinct, who don't have that skill or that awareness to know that, like being camera aware is super important.
Speaker 2: And I filmed you two days ago.
Speaker 4: I was behind the camera lucky me for one of his scenes, and I noticed when you were aware.
Speaker 2: This is one day ago, yesterday. That was not yesterday, that was yesterday, it actually wasn't you.
Speaker 3: No, it was because you asked because texted me. I'm sure he texted about No, it.
Speaker 4: Was Wednesday, girls, literally day, No, yesterday, I had gym class.
Speaker 2: It was Wednesday, And what the did I do this? Earl? What did you do yesterday? You don't even know?
Speaker 5: Ah, no, yesterday?
Speaker 6: Okay, I was like, I was like crazy, no, because like after I wrapped up with you, I went to Brogan's house because he filmed me for a thing that was definitely not yesterday.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I'm not greaty, I'm the one anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I noticed that you were just like really aware of where I was moving because you would twist the body to me. You would move your arm out of the way. Why don't these guys know to move your arm out of the way.
Speaker 2: Arms all the time? Move I've actually seen you do that. You move your arm. Your arm is in the way of the thing that people want to see. The camera is right there. The arm I moved the most is my deck. Like, oh, well that's a different story. Yeah, that is a different sting.
Speaker 4: But yeah, like so, so I'm sure that that is probably a big reason like that, I think being reliable and being camera aware.
Speaker 3: I think also it might be like people that do mostly stationary like know where the camera usually is where it's set someone moving around, and they're not used to like being aware of the movement of the Vido video grip.
Speaker 5: Like I can't like personally, like I do not I hate the stationary setup too, Like I am not happy with the word it's so much longer, it takes so much longer. I can't enjoy it at all, and like like normally like if I'm not, like I am more camera aware, and that definitely kind of makes it takes you out of the sex a little bit and like you're a little less present in some ways. But I look forward to being present when I watch it and like kind of reliving or like enjoying it for the first time as a viewer, right, and like more than like as the actual person having sex, which.
Speaker 2: I love how I love to watch that stuff.
Speaker 5: I try to like skim through at least each video after it's done, Like but like that's that's kind of like my reward is like rather than like I want because I want the product to be good.
Speaker 2: I want my final I take pride in my work. I want it to look good, Like that's yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Think that's hotter than the thirty minutes or the twenty minutes. Like for me, it's ten minutes of my ten minute video where it's like, you know, I spend two hours douching for this, two hours doing for ten minutes. But it's like, but I look at it is like I spent two hours douching for a film that will last for forever that I'll watch once, but I think I enjoy it more after like watching it after, Like that's my that's I guess my way of saying that, or my way of justifying being less present in the scene is that it'll be a better video, like right.
Speaker 3: As performers in the adult industry, we get asked all the time about tips on how to perform like a porn star.
Speaker 2: And what says porn star more than a big load? Right?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Introducing Popstar, the only doctor formulated men's health supplement that is guaranteed to up your porn star game. This bad boy will make your comtaste pineapple sweet.
Speaker 4: But we're not just talking about taste here. Popstar is also formulated to give you massive loads that make your orgasms feel volcanic.
Speaker 3: Designed by Ivy League trained doctors. Popstar contains only the highest quality ingredients and is backed by scientific research to maximize your bedroom experience.
Speaker 7: Even better, It's vegan, non GMO, and safe to take every day.
Speaker 2: So why wait? Get your hands on Popstar today. Visit Popstar Labs dot com.
Speaker 7: And save twenty percent on your first order with code Sorry twenty Popstar Big loads better taste.
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you this. Let's go back a little bit. Where are you from? Originally?
Speaker 5: I am from Pasadena, California.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're a fucking la boy like me. Did I know this about you? I don't know.
Speaker 5: But I also jumped around, like my family moved a lot. I was part I grew up in a very big Roman Catholic family. I'm one of eleven children. I have five brothers and five sisters.
Speaker 2: Where are you in the line, I am the third third of eleven. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 5: So I don't really talk to any of them because they're super religious and just totally still totally different mindset and like it's just frustrating to stay in contact.
Speaker 2: So I don't Is that difficult or are you kind of relieved? I'm at this point.
Speaker 5: I'm relieved and like it's more like if something comes up that brings me back into that world, it only brings stress and like headache, and it's kind of like what is this, Like I kind of thought about it a long time ago where it's like, well I wanted that when I was a kid, and now I'm like, there's no need for parents and so yeah, there's no benefit for me to have parents or to have a family like that.
Speaker 2: That's right, that I don't that isn't fun to be around.
Speaker 5: And like just like how I like most people, most straight people like don't like being around their family, or like people dread going home for the holidays because they don't enjoy time with their family.
Speaker 4: And I'm kind of relieved of that. Yeah, you can make your own holidays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or I can choose my own family.
Speaker 4: Family absolutely, as you know, we gay people, we get to choose likes.
Speaker 2: It's so true though, there's a reason RuPaul's successful. She says a lot of things, right, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Well we're lucky. We both we both have good standings with our.
Speaker 4: We do, yes, But but I totally I I can see also like the how his perspective that is also.
Speaker 2: Crat I'm not every Yeah, it's not everyone.
Speaker 4: Right, but no, but I also think that there's huge value in chosen family, which we also have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I love like when I was younger, we would find like resentment towards people that cared about their parents' opinions at all, and then.
Speaker 2: Like over time, I'm like, Okay, now some parents are good.
Speaker 5: Some people owe their parents more than what I owe mine, right, right, right, So it's I've learned not to project my past onto everyone else, absolutely, but yeah, very smart. But yeah, I grew up all over California. When I turned went to the little Catholic private school in Pasadena, and then when it's called Saint Monica Academy, it was like Boulevard.
Speaker 2: By the Rose Bowl, gotcha.
Speaker 5: And then when I turned eighteen, I moved to Washington State briefly to work at a winery and then just doing the harvest, which is like all manual labor.
Speaker 2: And then from there I.
Speaker 5: Got to know some people that were going to go into a harvest in Australia, and so when I was eighteen, I moved there and I stay there for a year until my visa expired, then moved to New Zealand. Stayed there until my views expired and then moved to Napa because that was the only place it's like kind of close to home that makes wine, and so then I got.
Speaker 2: Into the wine industry there.
Speaker 5: Lived there for four years, and then I kind of got into like administrative work for like a wine packaging company.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, you have a wine background. Yeah, you know from.
Speaker 5: When I was eighteen, because you can drink wine in Australia at eighteen.
Speaker 2: You know a lot about wine because of it, yeah, said, I.
Speaker 5: Definitely know more about more about wine than most or yeah, which I really wasn't like super super into it when I was like eighteen nineteen, but then by the time it was like in my later twenties, I started taking more interest into it.
Speaker 2: Do you have a favorite wine? Oh?
Speaker 5: Probably like a Pinut greet or no, sorry, Pino noir? No, like like the Sonma Peano noirs. You like a California versus a New Zealand? Yeah, I like the the over ripe fruit.
Speaker 2: Is that why California is known.
Speaker 5: For its well California it's like a warmer climate, so like the grapes are usually picked a lot later in the year, like French wine is like they call it more green, which is where this is so boring for most people.
Speaker 2: I don't know harvest.
Speaker 5: They harvest grapes earlier when there's lower sugar acid, and then there's less alcohol in the final product. And then in California, because there's more sugar, there's more alcohol after it for mens. And then we also water water it down because that's legal here and it's not in France. Oh, we water it down until it's at the wine tax bracket and not the whoa yeah, or until it's at the wine alcohol level and you can lie at like one point five percent alcohol on it. So most wine is like one point five percent stronger than what it says it is.
Speaker 2: Do a lot of vineyards do that? Fourteen? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean I worked for a Constellation brands that Ravens with winery and it was basically synthetic wine dropped.
Speaker 4: And everything because you on the big it's like don't buy Ravens.
Speaker 2: Or not Pronsia or like yellowtail. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I worked at a Cassella processing winery, which is yellow tail in Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yellowtes Australian.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you know what, people will watch this face talk about anything, have a glass wine too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it gets you drunk. Sure. Well the story.
Speaker 4: So was there like a part in this process where you realized you were gay?
Speaker 2: Was there a coming out process?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I realized it was gay when I was in high school or younger? Okayih grade? Did you come out or not? Really?
Speaker 5: I knew that I just had to wait until I could move out. But I did get found out. Like I was a lifeguard when I was sixteen at Raging Water sand Demus and I've been any time, and I like that was my first time where I met people outside of like my family's approved circle, outside of our little Catholic colt. And so I met a gay person and I was curious and I had questions, and so I messaged them on Facebook when that was a thing, and also on a desktop computer because my parents wouldn't let me have a smartphone. Oh And I ran upstairs to go grab something, and my mom jumped on the computer and went through my messages and saw it. And my parents took away my phone that I paid for with my summer job. They took away the keys. I was driving like through two hours of traffic every day to get to school. Basically like put me on lockdown, and so I just like bowed my head down and told them I was gonna They wanted to make conversion therapy and I was like, no, I'll do it on my own and just.
Speaker 2: Lab for two years.
Speaker 5: So I was a senior and then graduated high school and then fucked off the struggle.
Speaker 2: Did you tell that?
Speaker 3: Did you tell them that you were like actively going somewhere to No.
Speaker 2: I told them that.
Speaker 5: I was like, no, I'll just work on it internally or like I'll just pray the gay away.
Speaker 2: Like because that works. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, I like accepted myself much earlier on, and I'm so glad I did, because like I went through like stuff that a lot of people go through in like their twenties or thirties and like their identity crisis, and yeah, I went through all of that like self hate kind of thing in like seventh and eighth grade, so by by high school, I was like fuck it all and it was just like all which is great because it's all downhill from there.
Speaker 4: Like well, I mean like that like self actualizing that early enough to be like I'm just gonna lie to these.
Speaker 2: People until I'm eighteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And like was that like a hardship or you're like, well that was it was hardship because like you're around people that are homophobic. Yeah, for two years and like all the and like I knew that everyone I knew and everyone that was close to me I was gonna lose or like they were like and that did happen, Like it is a real thing.
Speaker 2: It was still the right choice. I don't regret it for a second, and I'm all the happier for it. Wow. Are they all still in Pasadena?
Speaker 5: No, they moved to Bakersfield because their traditional family set up is my dad is the soul breadwinner. My mom was to stay at home mom, and my dad got early on set dementia and then couldn't work, and so they packed up all their ship bought a house in Bakersfield, and my mom supports the family by teaching like.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, but you are all they're all.
Speaker 5: They're also super conservative and now my dad is on welfare, which is something they don't believe in. Like I kind of like gently pointed out to him, like so this thing you don't believe in, you're using. It's like and it's like your family would be starving if you didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's like, what do you want me to do? I'm like, I want you just to realize that it's.
Speaker 5: A good thing, yeah for anyone, Like I watched you to have the benefit but also see the benefit.
Speaker 2: Of the benefit, right right? Wow? Interesting? Yeah, So then when did you make it to l A.
Speaker 5: I was in NAPA for like four years, and then during when COVID happened, I broke up with my ex there.
Speaker 2: Who I'm still really good friends with your exend NAPA. My exend Napacha big tall, big boy. We love those.
Speaker 5: He was in the closet when I started dating him, and I was like, I'm not going back in the closet for anything, And so he came out, and then that same night his brother and his sister came out as well.
Speaker 2: Whoa, And that was all three of them. You only have two siblings. So look all the good you.
Speaker 5: Do turned everybody gay.
Speaker 3: That's like, it can't be any worse than what I've been through.
Speaker 5: You Like, yeah, I mean, because my parents were so far on one side, I'm kind of grateful because it pushed me out of it sooner, where like I feel like if my parents were more accepting or more wishy washy, I would have stayed in the closet longer. So yeah, and in a lot of ways, I'm grateful for what I had.
Speaker 2: At like you had to like.
Speaker 5: It also gave me a lot of life perspective because now I have I grew up with this with the mindset of a conservative that you know, growing up gay in LA you wouldn't think you'd ever have that experience.
Speaker 2: But it does give you perspective on how they think.
Speaker 5: Even now, I believe nothing they believe, like it at least kind of like gives you an understanding of why they don't see what you see.
Speaker 2: So after you guys broke up, you might to La.
Speaker 5: So COVID was awful and we were like working and living together out of the house and it drove us crazy.
Speaker 2: And then I moved out of his house.
Speaker 5: This is the house he was born in and so and his parents moved out and left him in the house.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I got out of that.
Speaker 5: And then everyone I knew in that in small town Napa was through my ex boyfriends. So it was just not a good setup because like at that time, and so I had to get out and I had been wanting to come back to La for a long time, so I did and moved down. I quit my job so I did not get any of that fun employment from COVID and started working at a small doctor's office in Beverly Hills. That wasn't super long because then I got a job for this software sales startup.
Speaker 2: We got a lot of jobs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well this was This was all like very because when I first came down to La, like finding a job was like, a good job is not easy.
Speaker 2: There's so many shady businesses down here.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that's speaking of this software sales company, which was like hey, great and like taught me a lot about sales and how to manipulate people. It felt like Wolf of Wall Street, like sales floor, like like a bunch of people with mic and just like screaming at people to spend money, like you'd have to get someone to spend ten grand in five minutes over the phone, cold calling and we get like three sales a day from calling like four hundred people if you were good at it. But I also didn't really know what I was talking about and then so it wasn't until I was out there for a couple months to realize like, oh, this is shady as hell, and I started looking for other work. And then while I was looking for other work, they got shut down because it was shady as hell. And then I got this other job at this super super cute little COVID lab startup in Venice Beach.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna ask you, in an interest of time, to make this a quick ste trying to get to the park when we've got into porn.
Speaker 5: Okay, so then, so then my neighbor Levi asked me if I would do a scene with him for Sean Cody.
Speaker 2: He said I would, and I don't regret it, like it was fun.
Speaker 5: Like a lot of my friends had even told me that, like Andrew, you're kind of built for porn because I was just a massive slut.
Speaker 3: Okay, were you a big fan of porn? Watching to porn? And like what kind of stuff did you.
Speaker 2: Like to watch? I watched a lot of weird ship talk about it.
Speaker 5: It all had to do about like with what was taboo or like what wasn't allowed.
Speaker 2: I think Catholic guilt interesting, like.
Speaker 5: Because it's wrong, it's what I want to do or like or like associated what what I wanted the most as being bad okay, but that I don't really have any of that anymore. I feel like after you go to therapy you lose all your kinks, but I don't know about that, which is what I told you.
Speaker 3: Wait, really well, I think it's gonna sound king shame, but I think some of the more extreme things are unresolved traumas.
Speaker 2: Or people that just want to relive that trauma over and over and over again. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I've been very uncomfortably with you at a park situation.
Speaker 2: For like ten minutes, and then they're like, oh, that has with unresolved trauma. That's all about substance abuse. Wow, she just opened so many doors. I don't know which one to open. Oh God, proceed with caution.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, so you used to watch more kinky stuff. Now you don't because you've clearly resolved all your traumas. Must be nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of boring to be honest, now, besides your own.
Speaker 5: Just tricking off to your m I don't know, but it's really not interesting because it does get kind of boring, like it's more about it sounds so corny, but now I am more about connection than like the people.
Speaker 2: I like people I know there's nothing corny about that.
Speaker 4: Actually, this this is particularly why I don't film as much as I do lately, just because I mostly just want to have sex with people I already know and like having sex with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they can be friends, they can be like it doesn't always have to be my boyfriend, but like you.
Speaker 4: Were probably the last person I filmed with, to be honest, Yeah, and that was a while ago, that minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, it takes it's like very rare that like I have a collab.
Speaker 5: I don't want to say very rare, but like and there's like there's people I love working with, but it's kind of rare that I find like chemistries there. I find them attractive right like just objectively without.
Speaker 2: Hearing them talk or getting to know them.
Speaker 5: And then yeah, like I guess we can name names and we're saying positive things, but.
Speaker 2: Like please bend Bison. In London.
Speaker 5: When I went there, it's like just so fun to be around. Like I was like, do you just want to follow me around all day? And like join all my collapse And then I met I'm going back to London. I was like, hey, I'm coming back, like join me.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Ben bison. He's super sweet. Yeah, cool. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you want to talk about what it's like dating somebody while you're part of this industry because you have.
Speaker 3: Dated someone who's not in it while you're like when you're starting who was.
Speaker 2: In the who was in the entertainment industry.
Speaker 3: But not and and then you and now you're dating somebody that has that has been in it for a while. So what's what are some of the challenges with both?
Speaker 5: Well, either way, you cannot have any kind of jealous boyfriend.
Speaker 2: They have to just like really just accept you for who you are.
Speaker 5: They have to meet you where you're at in your life at that moment and not try to change it because you know, at the end of the day, that's where you may make your money. And I mean, if you don't do porn in your data, someone that does porn, like I also like, that's got to be hard for you because your boyfriend.
Speaker 2: It's a choice. Yeah, it's a it's a choice, like a choice.
Speaker 5: I respect, like it shows that you love your partner because it's not easy, and it's.
Speaker 3: The choice that will like keep you making that choice again and again, and as things come up, you'll have to keep deciding to either do.
Speaker 2: It yeah or stop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think that it's like I know one of my good friends he does porn and his partner does not, And I think it's kind of like just shows his love more if he sets that all aside. But yeah, like having someone that's just like fucking people all the time and you don't like if you don't film, you don't know that they're not like super into all this sex they're having because you only perceive sex as something you do when you want to right right, right right, and not saying that like having sex for work is like this big struggle, but it's like some days it's work, like like just like you don't like going to work some days, like I go, I don't want to go to work some days, but I still do, right, Yeah, even if I like my scene partner.
Speaker 2: Do you see this happening for a lot longer? Are you enjoying it?
Speaker 5: I'm enjoying it now, Yeah, I do think. I mean, no one can play this game for forever, right, But also you can't do a lot of jobs for forever, right, So I think I'll like keep my options. I'll keep gently looking around and see what comes available.
Speaker 2: What are you interested in?
Speaker 3: Like so it would make you stop it right now if you got busy doing.
Speaker 2: Something that you really wanted to do. A rich husband sounds great. I mean there's a lot of things I would love to do.
Speaker 5: I mean I really just like being busy and having purpose and like, as long as it's not for a shady business.
Speaker 2: I like anything that keeps me busy.
Speaker 5: I used to work in HR, which I liked because it's kind of it was a job that was like really like helped you helped me grow. Because there's ever a problem, I kind of had to put it on myself to fix.
Speaker 2: It, like problem solving, yeah, or it's like a.
Speaker 5: Problem with anyone, Like it was my job to fix it, And like I like it's kind of helped with the like personal accountability in general because it stops like the boo who like blaming someone else for problems in your life and just says like, well, I'm the only person that can change my life, or like I'm the only person I can control changing my life. So there's something wrong, what can I do to fix it? Rather than going to my boss and bitching.
Speaker 4: Like where do you think that workhorse tendency comes from comes.
Speaker 5: From being very much not that when I was younger, I was super lazy, had no drive. I was diagnosed ADHD like later in life, and then like adderall literally changed me as a human being because I took it for years religiously as prescribed, like Monday through Friday. I'd take the smallest amount of my prescription on Monday, and then by Friday was at the peak, and then I'd take it. I do nothing on the weekends so that I would like have time to so that Monday would hit again. And it rewired my brain, gave me structure, you know, did so so many right things, but after a couple of years, it just wasn't working the same way right and it took months to like get off of it and be able to work without it. But once I did, like now I feel like so much more balanced because I still have those habitual like that habitual structure that Adderal gave me, so I can like set myself into like a like I really have to like set my time, like plan my day, like this is focus time, this is fun time. But I think like taking adderle for years really just like taught me the ability to focus, or gave me the habit.
Speaker 4: I guess if you're like now, I just want to focus on everything. Is there anything you're really excited about as we close out the year besides your hair, trying new head of hair, your new hair, lot of mons and Brussels. I've never been to Brussels.
Speaker 2: About that? Okay, what you're going to? What in Brussels? What's that? Parties? Oh parties? We love those? Yeah around you know?
Speaker 5: Yes, And I'm excited to go to London again, because London.
Speaker 2: Because Benson, I clearly got this. Go to London and see Ben Bison. You're welcome for the plug Ben Bison. His handle is right.
Speaker 4: Do we have anything else? I don't think so. I think I've covered all the bases. Is there anything else you want to share with us?
Speaker 2: Hayden Harding, No, I wish I could take some stuff back, but.
Speaker 5: Late for that the world on the record, I wish I had a filter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll edit it and uh and just hold it for ransom in case you ever pissed me off and use that smile for evil instead of good.
Speaker 2: Okay, just kidding. We love you.
Speaker 4: I'm very happy it's been so successful and that you're having a good time.
Speaker 2: And that you're our friend. Yeah, and that's it. We just jumped into Hayden Harding like people like to do, or have him jumped into you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That he's so good at it. Took care of here the all right. Well, I'm Adam Ramsey and I'm Hayen Harding. Sorry for asking. See you next time.
Speaker 1: This has been.
Speaker 2: Sorry for asking.
Speaker 3: Be sure to like, comment and subscribe, and until next time, stay sexy.
Speaker 1: Where they lived