Speaker 1: This is the in This League Fantasy Podcast network, in This League Fantasy Baseball podcast online at in this League dot com. Now here's your host, Bogman and the Welsh.
Speaker 2: What is up? Friendos will welcome into the end This League Fantasy Baseball Podcast. It is our primer series today. It is the Corner Infield, the hot Corner third Base. We're gonna be taking a look at all of the third basemen, even some guys that are gonna like change some position eligibility or fun in there. The total arc of the position is an interesting conversation because I think you're likely to compare it to first base. And as I had explained to Bogman and I wrote hat tip to the Fantasy Black Book, I did write the first and the third base profiles, as well as doing a handful of rookie stuff. You want to go check it out. You can find it today over on Amazon and probably other places. I'm not really sure where Joe All puts it, but the Fantasy Black Book is available now and I am in it. But as I also had to write a little paragraph before, the profile is about just an overview of the position. First base feels very top heavy, and then it comes down pretty steeply, and then it has some depth and then it falls off. Third base is very middle heavy, where I think it is the clearcut top guy is so above the others, and then there is a line of probably twelve guys that it's like you can argue the varying degrees of them. But this position is meteor in the middle. But then it kind of has a similar drop off at first base, So where I think you need to maybe be a little more cognizant of first base early third base, I think you can get away with it assuming you like some of the guys. We're going to talk about some breakout candidates, maybe some underperformers and stuff like that. I'm pretty fascinated with third base and I really don't have any issue with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know that I have some much issue with it. I know the guys that I like and I don't like, but I do see at third base just a lot of things too dislike about these third basemens. So we'll get into it a little deeper. But I think trust ability maybe is not as high as it is at third as as it is at first, But the position overall is probably like you said, a little bit better in the middle, a little meteor And like you said, it is not top heavy like first base, because there's one top.
Speaker 2: And hopefully the whole process of the primer series we're doing outside of ranks, of course, is just your understanding across the positional stuff, because we can individually look at a position and be like, oh, you know, this is deep, this is not, this is but then it just becomes that comes down to like draft strategy and who provides you what, and that's something like That's where I think third pase shines a little bit more. Wherein that like you have to make a certain type of commitment to be involved early on first base, I don't think you have to do that base third base allows you to do some other stuff. So understanding each positional thing obviously devoid of one hundred percent of our physical rank here and just talking about the position will hopefully help you guys out. You guys want more in this league dot com on the Patreon a lot going on this month. I've got my final touches for midweek. It's an insane week. I actually of having to post ranks on the back end system for Fantasy Pro so we can get their systems up, which is crazy, but that is also pushing me a little bit closer to getting version one point zero of my ranks. My Redraft ranks up, which should be this week as well as the Redraft and Prospect. I was hoping to get it earlier. Soccer didn't happen. I'm doing a lot of football too, but ranks are going to be up this week. We got the group me rooms. Be a part of the community all the stuff we've got into the new year. Get access to all of my ranks from Dynasty, Prospect and Redraft Plus. Got our Christmas special coming up in a couple weeks. We'll give you more details soon. The Deck our Balls Christmas Special where we have it just live. Only way you can watch it is being a part of our Patreon plus. We're gonna do some new stuff into the new year video wise, so make sure you're checking that out and know that you are supporting us in this league. Dot com takes you to the Patreon in this league dot Com. Thank you so much for doing so.
Speaker 4: My friends.
Speaker 2: We are going to talk about third base, but let obviously talk about the big thing we're recording this winter meetings are going on. We're gonna have a bunch of other crazy stuff. To be honest with you, I know we're gonna record this, and there's gonna be a couple other massive things that are gonna happen, but we'll just solely for a second half the Sodo Conversation. Wan Soto signs record breaking deal with the New York Mets, spurns the Yankees. I am eating up all of these stories of like the mean security guard. They didn't give him a suite and that made him not decide. I love those things. Those are my favorite things on the planet. I've did a video breakdown with Joey, who's a Mets fan, a twenty minute video on YouTube if you want.
Speaker 4: To see that. He was disgustingly happy. It was gross.
Speaker 2: It was so gross it We were supposed to do ten minutes and it was like fifteen minutes of him talking. I think I talked the first five minutes, to be honest. He just kept going on and on and.
Speaker 1: On and on.
Speaker 2: But it's an interesting spot, you know, like not to belabor the whole thing, Like what what do you break down with Juan Soto? He's incredible. The metrics when you do the full breakdown, they speak for itself. You know, high average, incredible, hard to hit. He he walks, he doesn't strike out like.
Speaker 4: He doesn't according to his expected stats he was low.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's gonna perform at an incredibly high level. Then he's gonna go in this year and you're most likely going to see him hitting two right behind Francisco Lidoor. Everything is great, it helps the lineup. I will say my two big points I'll throw out just real quick to you.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 2: I thought it was interesting to pay attention to the ballpark factor. I loosely say it, like like even Bubba got on my case about the Willia Domas stuff because I pointed out there's some pretty big like split issues with Willia Domas. Not to say that he's gonna not be good and worth it and stuff like that, but like, hey, maybe he's not gonna have another rear high homers with this bad ballpark.
Speaker 4: It is. It is of note with New York.
Speaker 2: After one Soto just hit was a second or career high forty one home runs and stuff like that. You're going to a ballpark that overall left handers has almost the exact same as the New York Yankees. But from a home run perspective, Yankees have the third highest home run ballpark factor to the left handed hitters, the Mets sixth lowest in baseball. So it's pretty down there as far as the home run expectancy. I don't think that changes a lot. Maybe some homers turned into doubles. He's incredible, but maybe the top comes off a little bit. But you know, you're expect And they also don't run more that they have a higher completion percentage of stolen bases, but they just don't run a whole bunch bunch more so, like that's going to be some big uptick.
Speaker 4: So it's not the throw a success rate mister football here, Yeah, success or whatever.
Speaker 2: So that's my I'll just stop there for a second, give you my either take in a second again. I just lightly put it out there as something to understand about the ballpark. But at the end of the day, like he will create better left handed ballpark factors because of who he is in general, gets the ball in the air, hits it hard. It's nothing to take away from I expect him to be a high three hundred thirty thirty five homer guy. One hundred hundred. I expect him to be a first runner. I have nothing against that. But it's not like he went in.
Speaker 4: With the Rockies or the right Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, ballpark factors you have to take consider, lineup factors you have to consider, the pressure of living up to the biggest contract in sports history is something that you would have to consider as well. Not that it's you know, calculable for your drafting or anything, but these are all factors in this that that add up. So yeah, I mean, I think you're right. I think for the most part, what does that change? Maybe three homers, they doubles. That's why, like the bottom line.
Speaker 2: I hate saying it because if you say anything about that, be like, oh you do know, no, Like like if I say a ten percent reduction in Adamis's power fifteen, that doesn't mean he's not good or he could beat expectations. It's just something to note. Same thing would happen with the Mets, just pointing out there's a little less wiggle room. And but like he's got great things in front of you. Got I love Lindor hitting in front of him. I think that if that's going to continue, I think that's a great spot. Now this comes to my second portion. There are two beneficiaries. I say this in the video Mark Vientos, who are going to talk about today, This is phenomenal for him. If if he hits three Harbi opportunities through the wazoo, you're gonna have teams not wanting to pitch to him, to Soto to get to Vento's. Vento's put up insane hard hit numbers. His problem is he's got to become a little bit more than just the fastball hitter, and he's got to cut the strikeouts down. Or they could go and resign Alonso or Walker, Christian Walker like that. They could hit three and Vento's as four, it's still phenomenal. So a young guy like Vientos, where his value is sitting kind of seems like a sneaky spot. And also I would throw out there's a slight opportunity that maybe they hit Soto three and then they put like a I don't throw like a Jeff McNeal or something like that at two, and then all of a sudden that person would benefit. The other one is the loss of Soto to New York all but as sures maybe it was always there. People would argue with me about that that's fine but at all but as sure as there's one less roadblock for Jason Dimingez to be starting for the full year. And I think Jason Dimingez is a really good value right now. I think Vientos is a good value. My early ranks compared to NFBC bogs, I'm like thirty spots higher. And I know this is not a rank show, but I'm like thirty spots higher than Vento's. With Vents then in like NFBC, and I will be the same with Jason Dimingo. So I think those were two just out right off the gate beneficiaries to the Wan Soto thing, one on his team and one place that he left.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and these this is the wake of the first really huge piece, uh to move. I mean, Blake Snell, Willie domis also signing. But now the dominoes, like you said, the dominoes are gonna start to fall. We're gonna get the winter meetings, trades are gonna start happening too. We're gonna see a lot of stuff open up and change. And uh, I can tell you this after spending seven hundred and sixty five million dollars. The Mets are definitely not done. They're gonna be adding more. So we'll see if Alonzo comes back or not. Uh, there's gonna be a lot of moving and shaking here still, so lots to go through still.
Speaker 4: In the offseason.
Speaker 3: But uh yeah, Juan Soto the big the biggest domino to fall, the biggest contract in UH sports history. Kind of crazy, but it makes sense. I was surprised that he got more money than Otani, but he also got fifteen years, which is.
Speaker 2: His younger fifteen years. There's lots of elements too. I think the whole thing is fat.
Speaker 3: I also like they can also opt out in like twenty nine or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: It's actually really a five year deal because he can be out to your point, he can opt out at thirty one years old, and but he would be leaving about five hundred million and ten years on the table. So if he's determined and he's amazing, and he determines that, you know, because of inflation in five years, that you know, he could go and sign a ten year, seven hundred million dollar deal. At that point he's gaining there. But there's the option. I think he essentially either has to do one of two things, opt out, or the Mets have to then keep him at like five million more annually and there's zero deferred money, so there's like luxury tap. It's really fascinating, and it came to the point of, like Jeff Passon also saying, listen, seems like the Yankees might have benefited. To be honest with you, you know, like Wan Soto's great. Everybody across the board agrees this is an egregious overpay. But at the same time, it's like the Mets got their guy and he's a phenomenal player, Like you can't you can't be too negative about it. And I don't even care to harp on it. They got their guy, but it was they had to overpay to do it. And that's like playing an auction leagues. You know. I'm sick to my stomach every time I'm determined to get a player and people are pressing me and then and I always do it, and I'm the dude, I pay like four dollars more, and I'm like, I hate doing it. That was like paying twenty dollars more, you know, than a standard auction high price or something like that. But we'll see how everybody reacts. We'll probably have a overarching We may even do like a short here on itl of a Winter Meetings breakdown if we get some of the big there's a lot of trades that there's.
Speaker 4: A lot of trades and big, big moves. Yeah, so if you're.
Speaker 2: Listening into the future, know that there might be an episode where we do more of an extensive breakdown. But just wanted to mention it's a huge one and we'll be talking about it next week in the outfield primer for one SODO with the New York Mets. But this is third base. We do have Mark Viento's and we got a whole lot more. So don't go anywhere strap in. We're gonna be talking just about the unique things and maybe some pieces that will help you in your own personal rankings of the corner infield Hotspot for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, in this league, look at us, who would have thought not made, not made?
Speaker 3: Who had thought not made, not.
Speaker 4: May thought third base.
Speaker 2: Let's start with Jose Ramirez. I want to do myself a little bit of a better job and not get too harpened up at the top end. I think it is a good idea that we were doing how we're going, but it does take a while to get us to fifteen. Well, the reason I say that is, like, you know, they need to spend ten minutes on Bobby Wit No, probably not. It's fun to talk about, and the same thing would kind of align. Do we need to spend ten fifteen minutes on Jose Ramirez?
Speaker 4: Probably not.
Speaker 2: He fell short of a forty forty season also because he got short at a game. Thirty nine homers, forty one stolen bases to seventy nine batting average. Unreal. Really, he did all of this too, by the way, without really making big, concerted efforts to his game. You saw his max ev go on up to a career high one sixteen. Barrel percentage went up compared to last year, but he's had bigger career years. Launch angle was a like, what is it a degree and a half higher than the previous year, but he's had higher hard hit percentage was down from the previous year, and his expected batting average is forty points down from the previous year. So I'm just pointing out that, like he tapped into this completely new phase of his game that I still maybe it's totally overplayed Bogs. I still hold that, like that right field when they opened up whatever they did, that dimensional opening up the wall and it created this tunnel like you saw left handed hitters be able to smash really at an unreal quip like Stephen Kwan did, and he hit twenty five homers this year as a right handed hitter, and I'm looking twenty twenty three he hit twelve. He did hit twenty three in twenty twenty two, twenty five, So I mean that's not uncommon.
Speaker 4: But it really did help throw all this out. You know, what is it worth?
Speaker 2: I guess the only thing at the end of the day in talking about Rosi Ramirez is is it repeatable into the next year or is there something that stands out as a concern.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think there are cracks in the facade here for sure. Like you mentioned his XBA being forty points lower, it was twenty points lower than his batting average two seventy nine is what he hit. Two fifty nine was His XBA also had massive batting average splits between lefties and rightings. He had three forty eight vers lefties as a righty and then two point fifty four versus righties as a lefty, So, uh, you know, there there are some cracks there, but I mean they're not big enough to rock the foundation. I think is the point that we want to make here is that there are things that say, maybe he shouldn't be a top five pick, but I think that the fact that he is so much better than every other third baseman he gives you a distinct advantage at the position right and the fact that you know, it's not like his XBA was sixty points higher or something ridiculous. He wasn't like a league leader. He was a position leader. You had the second highest, you know, difference in his XBA in terms of guys that were negative. Jose Miranda the only one that was worse than him to eighty four batting average two fifty nine expected. But Vento's also sixty six to forty six, so someone matched him. But the difference is just so big, Like even if he lost the little team on batting average, he's still going to give you so many more RBI and runs than most other third basemen that he's worth. Uh, you know, an early first round pick, top five. Maybe you want to raise an eyebrow out. That's fine, but he's definitely a mid tier first rounder.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only other stuff i'd throw out in noticing he pulled the more and I think that definitely speaks to an understanding of maybe some of the new dimensional things he was able to take advantage of. He did that while losing some zone contact, if that means anything. His chase rate was a career high thirty one point seven percent, so he's definitely selling out for power, and I think that's key, and I don't say that in a negative way, but that's key when understanding two in twenty twenty three. Almost I'm looking at this real quick to give you okay, I have it every single pitch type except cutters and sweepers, which those two pitches amount to only ten percent of what he saw. So ninety percent of pitch types in twenty twenty three he underperformed. When I say under performed, forcing fastballs, which you saw the most, he hit two eighty XBA of three to eleven sliders two fourteen XBA of two eighty seven. He underperformed against those pitch types. So that is something that tells us like, hey, you know you're especially if you're underperforming at big degrees. This is a positive regressional type of thing. Maybe this guy can fix. Well, this year you saw that happen. You saw, like so sliders, he hit two forty this year. It wasn't the XBA, but he hit better fastballs. He hit three ten. It was three eleven the year before. So you saw those expected numbers come back up, but the expected numbers this year down, So they're coming back down. So like now you see XBA of two seventy two against fastballs, which is more like twenty twenty three slider XBA, almost the exact same year before. So there's this weird, interesting dichotomy of like, you know, him following his expected numbers year over year, and I think maybe some of those are representative that he lost some hard hit. Actually his top three pitch types he hit softer, I guess.
Speaker 3: I mean just looking at his hard hit at his hard hit percentage on stack cast, well she was, you know, still high, but ninth among third basemen in Barrel's for plate appearance and in terms of hard hit percentage he was.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's low, Yeah, you know, he's low. But this is actually more what I'm saying. He hit forty point four the year prior, a hard hit percentage thirty nine point seven.
Speaker 4: That's not a dramatic drop. It's like it goes under forty. It's not dramatic.
Speaker 2: But when you dig deeper, the top three pitch types against he lost four percent against forcing fastballs, He lost five percent against changeups, and sliders he lost four percent. So those equate to almost sixty percent of the pitch types. He lost significant hard hit rates against those, And again he was like pulling the ball and getting the ball in the air a little bit more. I think he just kind of swims through the type of hitter that he is.
Speaker 4: I love him.
Speaker 2: His his projections are lower though it's around two eighty and it's around and the homers come down, and so it's like thirty thirty, Like I think to eighty thirty thirty is the baseline for Jose Ramirez, and he wavers between the type of hitter that he can be. And that's what I like about him so much. So that's there's not meant to be this negative cold water thrown on. It's just when you look at the profile, you can see him playing up and down to some of this expected stuff, and I think that is based on the type of hitter that he wants to be in a given time.
Speaker 3: So his projection is two seventy nine, as you mentioned right, hovering out on top of two eighty. His career is two seventy nine, but his XBA last year was two fifty nine. If I set his batting average at two seventy five, are you going higher or lower than that?
Speaker 4: Oh? I mean, I might like, I think that's right. I think that's like right about.
Speaker 3: And that's and that's a fair answer. But you know, gunder your head, are you going over or under?
Speaker 2: I mean, I will say he's hit over that three straight years to eighty two, eighty two, and two seventy nine, So I guess I would I mean, gun to my head, Oh man, I probably.
Speaker 4: Would go over. I guess. Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's I think that's the question, and I think that's the right answer, and that is why he's being drafted. So is you know, we we can you can write the narrative to go negative on almost any player, but thirty thirty with one hundred, one hundred as your baseline, you know, that's a good place to start.
Speaker 4: And that's where Jose Ramirez kind of comes in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I actually wish I could see like individual like even launch angles on certain pitches, because it's like the guy pulled more, he chased a bit more, he put more barrels. Technically that is correct, eight point six barrel rate to seven the previous year. So he put more barrels, chased a bit more, pulled the ball a little bit more, lost some hard hit, but still let balls fly.
Speaker 4: And maybe he was.
Speaker 2: Held up by that ballpark factor. Gotta love Hoser Ramirez, and that's like the main key here. He's a key cog, top five, top seven, something like that. I actually, even though I talk about some of those negatives, I actually think that speaks very well to who he is. And I really do feel like this is just a guy who adjusts his game as it goes on, and the ballpark even helps a tiny bit more. Jazz Chisholm is going to come in at number three, number two or as who is it? John Hayman calls him Chas Jism.
Speaker 4: Did you hear that? Yeah, Jazz Chaz.
Speaker 2: Jism is our new play. That that's our new Aaron Arson, Judge Arson Judge and Chas Jism Chaz Chisholm comes in here after playing third, bit what was I don't remember his actual games played at third, because he should qualify I think everywhere because he was going to play that with the Yankees. But hit two fifty six. That is three straight years of hitting at least two fifty. It's actually between.
Speaker 4: Two fifty and two fifty six, three straight years.
Speaker 2: Twenty four homers, forty stolen bases for that team that doesn't steal a whole bunch. He really did it. He dropped a barrel percentage did fall this year. His expected batting average higher than the year before, but it still sits around two forty. Cut his strikeout percentage by quite a bit, which is nice. And he got the ball in the air we talk about I mentioned, you know, it's a great ballpark for left handed hitters. It's one of the better from a home run perspective. So that really speaks well to Jazz in the future.
Speaker 4: And everything was better in New York as well.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you go and just look at it, because Baseball Reference has it split by team. His average went from two forty nine to two seventy three. He hit thirteen homers for the Marlins, eleven for the Yankees, and that is in one hundred and one games and four hundred and thirty played appearances for the Marlins and then forty six games and one hundred and ninety one played appearances too, fewer homers. He stole twenty two bases with the Marlins over one hundred and one games, eighteen with the Yankees over forty six. Everything for him was so much better with the Yankees. And now we get him there for a full season. Obviously, the thing with Jazz is is he going to play a full season? Which one hundred and forty seven games this year is a ton, especially since that's the most because he's ever had in his career. So yeah, so hopefully we get a lot more of that as well.
Speaker 4: It's as good as a hits with him.
Speaker 2: He hit pretty well against both sides of the plate too. Uh. The year prior he'd only hit one seventy two against lefties one forty three in twenty twenty two, and then he had two seventy two seventy two thirty seven that year prior hitting two.
Speaker 4: Forty I actually, look, is that a career high?
Speaker 2: That is?
Speaker 4: Why? Is? Yeah?
Speaker 2: That is a well hold on twenty twenty. No, in twenty twenty, well, it was fourteen at bats. We're going to call that a full.
Speaker 4: Season career high.
Speaker 2: Hitting two forty nine against lefties this past year, and like you said, he was better in the post All Star break because of the Yankees in general. Uh, it looked like he had a four percent raise in his contact percentage, which was good. It looked like, you know, I don't know if there was something in there, maybe takin Azota or talking to Judge that he became like a little bit more of a patient.
Speaker 4: Hit park factors, lineup factors.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, Well cut a strike up percentage by six percent. He had a thirty percent the year prior, went down to twenty four percent. So there's se to speak to something that, like some of the pitches that you know were getting him. But he hit one thirty two against sliders with a forty one percent strikeout percentage in twenty twenty three. This year, everybody threw him sliders. He cut a strikeout percent it's still bad thirty four percent, but he hit two thirty five, you know, so like he he did better and he hit them harder, and I think he set himself up where it's funny. He was only ten percent of sliders in twenty twenty three, so clearly, you know, pitching coaches got the book on him and they said we're throwing him sliders. It went up five percent and he kind of adjusted well to it, and that all.
Speaker 3: Percentage just looking at it, well, strike up percentage dipped one percent one point three percent moving from Miami to New York, but the backmit was actually lower, but the ISO was a big difference. One p fifty eight in Miami, did two twenty seven with the Yankees.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think there's a lot to like a jazz here. You know, there's nothing crazy in the swing. It's pretty league average actually, to be honest with you. Length it's like a little bit faster, it's a little bit longer. The contact rates as far as like squared up and blast, they're about the same.
Speaker 4: Like he's this like solid dude, who.
Speaker 2: You know, the only thing I did in check Now I want to look how might I stolen bases did he have with the Yankees? He had. He had seventeen stolen bases with the Yankees, which is pretty impressive too because that team didn't run. They just kind of let him go. He had twelve in September.
Speaker 4: What are you do? You have his projections up? I don't have.
Speaker 2: I'm not staring at those right now because I'm gonna i'd like to guess. I'm gonna guess the projections are gonna be two fifty five, twenty five, thirty five.
Speaker 3: Uh, you were a little high on the average, two forty six, Okay, Homer's I think you were.
Speaker 4: What do you say, twenty five?
Speaker 3: You were low on that, twenty nine and then right on on the solen basis thirty five.
Speaker 2: I love it, and I see it in his game, and I see the ice, see the ballpark factor to crazy pull heavy, it works. And then let's look one. I mean, this is going to be kind of mixed here. Yeah, see this is goofy. He only hit two thirty seven at quote home this year and two eighty on the road. But I don't know how it's accounting. I don't have the breakdown of New York versus Miami home on here, but I'm gonna guess the New York side is probably holding him up quite a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, yeah, the batting average, everything went up when we went to Yeah, he's just hit there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think those are all positive. That's how I look at him, just and I go, hey, there's a bunch of great positives.
Speaker 4: To this guy.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, would you rather pay that five costs for Jose or twenty five? Because that's something where if you take Jose in the first round, you're you're probably not thinking about Jazz in the second. But you could take somebody else up there high that you like, and then you could take Jazz in the second Which one do you think you'd rather do?
Speaker 4: See?
Speaker 2: I wonder kind of depends on formats, like if it's NFBC, Like how far do you want to go before pitchers? If you got a high pick and then you're taking a that's like a second round pick. I know what you're saying, and I think it's it's logically just.
Speaker 3: A third base discussion only like would you rather take the first overall or the second overall in the second round?
Speaker 2: I would rather take Ramirez because I feel very comfortable. Also, he's healthier and stuff like that. You feel for sure about him, But your logic is right and sound in that, like you might not have as crazy of a dip in production as you think when you move over to a guy like Jazz next up here, as far as we're following the NFBC ADP, not our own ranks or anything like that, we are going to Austin Riley with the Atlanta Braves, only had four hundred and twenty five at bats this year, hit two fifty six nineteen homers. I believe he got hurt at the end of the year that missed the time. Great barrel percentage, way up to hard to hit percentage, pretty good stabilize XBA. So he actually underperformed his expected batting average this past year. He struggled against lefties, hit righties well. But you know, he played very little in the in the second half. But things were like locked in. They were just like they were on pace on how it was going. Initial takes on Austin Riley Also that savant slider page, he's not he's below average, Like as far as like he wiffs a decent amount, he strikes out more than normal, but it's almost top ten ish percent across the board, and like it's a it's super super hard hit, great barrel batspeed, expected slug, expected wOBA like those are high end stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I mean, it feels weird to say this because this is not like who Austin Riley was supposed to be coming in. I feel like he had the huge year in twenty two or I'm sorry twenty one, and everyone went, eh, I don't know, let's see it repeat in twenty two, and then it did, and then again in twenty twenty three, and then he finally got hurt in twenty twenty four. So I think what you see is what you get from Riley.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: The batting average is the question here, right, because he was all the way up to three oho three, two seventy three, then two eighty one, it dipped down to two fifty six this season. What did you said he performed a little bit in his XBA No, yeah, he underperformed it, yes, right, So that should come up the end of the year. With the hand fracture, I think it kind of you know, one concerning thing would be he was kind of supposed to come back at the end of the year and they just said it wasn't healing as fast as they expected it to be, so he didn't come back. I assume with a full offseason of rest and rehab and all that stuff. He's going to be fine, something to look at. But I think Austin Riley is pretty cut and dry, good power, very good player, deserves to be right in this mix of where these third basemen are going, and you know, not a lot to add there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll say I wanted to look at his swing profile here because he saw more fastballs this year. Still a little bit more what of my Austin Riley here? Yeah, so he saw more forcing fastballs, which can you guess what his batting average was against forcing fastballs? I just want to give you a perspective. The fastball batting average, which combines all baseball Zavant type fastballs, is two fifty two. Can you guess what his forcing fastball batting average was? Three hundred one? Two?
Speaker 4: Oh real bad, other way.
Speaker 2: Really really bad. But his XBA was two forty two. He destroyed sinkers four hundred he hit where the year prior he had hit three thirty one. But that's an eighty point drop against forcing fastballs. So the reason I say this is I pulled up his swing profile. So in twenty twenty three, I think I've identified where the stuff is. Like he's a great like inside, uh, he swings it inside pitches. I mean, I guess I could look at his batting average. Let me look at his batting average real quick twenty twenty three inside lower third of the zone hit four forty at the very top of the inside three point eighty two. This past year it's about the same. He even did a little bit better on inside stuff, but it's the bottom of the zone is where I was getting at. So his swing percentage, this might not be interesting to everybody, but his swing percentage in twenty twenty three was like, this is the bottom four that go across, you know, all the way to the other side of the plate. And we again we're breaking this into four eight, twelve, sixteen, so sixteen squares inside of your zone. The bottom four. He had a swing percentage of fifty six, forty three, forty six and twenty five. So that's from inside to outside and then the outside of the zone. But below the bottom of the zone thirty three, twenty nine, thirty two, twenty eight. That seems about right. This past year inside bottom thirty six percent, So he stopped swinging as much at those seventy percent of the next one fifty seven percent, So those are like the middle bottom of the zone, he swung a bunch and then he stopped swinging outside of the far into the left side of the plate thirty seven percent, but the quadrant right under the inside bottom sixty seven percent swing percentage. So what I'm getting at here is like people were throwing him like low inside and that one on the lower inside he was just swinging through. And I mean the whiff rate, I'm gonna look at here real quick. Let's see, I mean fifty percent in twenty twenty three. Yeah, I mean the whiff rate looks like it is a bit up overall in the zone and just wild outside of the zones. So again that might have like racked everybody's brain. All that I was looking at there was like, you know, why did he see more fastballs? And what's the thing that people saw? And it was like, oh, lower inside on the zone, he really wasn't doing a whole lot with And that's where maybe some of that whiff came from this year. But he massively underperformed against forcing fastballs. To me, that's a huge positive regression sign. Positive regression, my friends, You you're not gonna survive in most pitches. One seventy two batting average against forcing fastballs. Ah that and and and by the way, they expect a batting average seventy points higher expected to hit. That's a very big positive if that is the case. And you know, maybe some of that was like he just saw more sinkers and stuff like that, but I see that as a very good positive to a guy that has a great profile. Made more zone contact this year than he had the prior year. You know, his strikeoup percentage is about the same, he barreled more. I'm just saying, if he stays healthy, those seems like thing, those seem like things that are going to bounce back in his favor.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think so too.
Speaker 3: I think, like I said, kind of cut and draw for a player, just a dude that is very productive.
Speaker 4: Just because British. Yeah I draw I had in my throat.
Speaker 3: Anyway, are like Austin, He's gonna hit the crap out of the ball here. Uh yeah, No, I can't do a British accent. But yeah, I think pretty cut and dry. I like the the quadrant breakdown of the swing.
Speaker 2: It's really tough to do on an audio medium. I apologize like it.
Speaker 3: I like it. I had it in my I was looking at my head the wrong way for whatever reason. I was like, is he reaching like I thought it was the outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it in the lower inside, and and he was just swinging at the outside ones less it looked like. And then the inside ones was kind of the same thing, and he was chasing more. They were throwing it under the zone. So the identification was, all right, we throw him low, and then you had pictures that were throwing him low and inside, and he was swinging a lot more at those things. But though he did have some points when you left it in the middle low of the zone, his batting average actually went up this past year. So like that's where peop trying to attack him. Like he's got great bat speed, so he's going to catch up to stuff higher in the zone, so pitchers are trying to get him lower.
Speaker 4: Looks like they did to a degree.
Speaker 2: But it's like that forcing fastball, Like there's a narrative of a lot what I talk about. Maybe it's boring and stuff like that, or are eye rolling or whatever the people smarter than me, But there's crazy correlations between forcing fastball and success or.
Speaker 4: Lacks the pitch. You see the most by a lot, and if every hitter.
Speaker 2: If you destroy I mean like, okay, maybe you're there's a few pitchers or hitters that are gonna just always be insanely dominant. But guess what, Like if a big correlative thing in your game was you, all of a sudden hit three thirty against forcing fastballs and usually hit two eighty, You're probably gonna have pictures that are gonna change their approach to you, and you know you're gonna underperform against that pitch type, and then you might see more of something you struggle. So like really high h forcing fastball performances to me kind of scream like there might be a little bit of regression in the game. And then the inverse half as well. It's not a perfect science, probably, but it's something. As we keep talking, it's like, okay, check that in the back of your mind. And this is like the most this is the most apparent. We haven't seen a player that we broke down in this series yet that struggled this much against forcing fastballs that is as elite of a guy.
Speaker 3: So I kind of like, why go get you Austin Riley, go get him?
Speaker 4: Great play it.
Speaker 2: I can't I hear much better impression than my mine is terrible. He is not good at all, really bad. Uh, the other version of Austin Riley. I think these guys just flow together. Ruffael Devers another one of these, like as a big core players, you know, like Jose Ramirez owns this position. But then you get into this. I guess you could argue about the value, but it's like this is where we're just into these like really solid dudes, and it is as solid as it can get. To seventy two average. He hit two seventy one the year before, Homers were down a little bit to seventy two. Ended up having eighty seven runs on the season with eighty three RBI, so is the lowest RBI he's had since two thousand and two when they played fifty seven games. So that was down a bit, but that also kind of speaks to the team in general. Hard hit was down around three percent, but it's still elite of elite. Crazy high strikeout rate jump from twenty seven percent in twenty twenty. This is the second highest incident of twenty four point five. But he walked more, he barreled a bit more, still got the ball in the air, I leave it to you for a minute. For Rafael Devers, he.
Speaker 3: Had a couple bigger splits two ninety three versus righties to forty first left these big fifty three point difference, three to zero one at home to forty seven away four point difference, and his average sank every month from July to September. So little concerns with Devers, but still the resume adds up to be a top five third baseman every single time you look at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and looking across here of any other fun things. Hit three zero one at home, only two forty seven on the road. Did you say that one because you were talking about the other? Yeah, yeah, you said the home road split. Uh so there are some extreme ones in there.
Speaker 4: What are his like?
Speaker 3: I just want to look real quick at his career splits on writing verse leftis. I didn't compare it because maybe it's just it's always been this wide of a gap. No not, I mean still a pretty significant gap to eighty six versus rieties, two sixty five vers lefties over his career two ninety two at home versus two sixty eight away. His first half adding average is eight points better than his second half adding average, so the differences were bigger this season.
Speaker 2: Looking here too, the twenty twenty three pitch mix it changed this year. It was like, these are the top four forceem change up, sinker, slider. This past year for seam sinker, slider, cutter, they stopped throwing them change ups, and that kind of sparked me to look, there are so many pitch types that he struggled with in twenty twenty three that had massively higher expect batting average, which guess what they bounced back the year and the next year change ups. In twenty twenty three he hit two twenty one with a two eighty seven expected. In twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Four he hit three fifteen GA, so I won know what he worked on in the offseason well.
Speaker 2: But also, like a lot of people get very roly about expected numbers, it's not one hundred percent, but like extremes can tell you like where things can bounce back. He underperformed against forcing fastballs, but dude, it is seventy one percent hard hit rate against forcing fastballs.
Speaker 4: That's absurd.
Speaker 2: With a batting average that he overperformed against, which is something to consider. Though his strikeout rate went up, it was all fastballs, ladies and gentlemen. I should say he did sliders too. He actually had a ten percent to ten percentile point increase. He went from sixteen to twenty six percent, but forcing fastballs went from twenty seven percent to striking out forty two percent of the time on fastballs.
Speaker 4: Oh Rafael Devers.
Speaker 2: Was selling out to demolish for seeing fastballs. His batting average overperformed. He hit it like crazy, he struck out and clearly he was destroying hit a fifteen run value on forcing fastballs. His own contact percentage went way down because of that.
Speaker 4: So I'm not.
Speaker 2: Sure how I feel about that. He's got weird splits. He definitely was selling out for power more based on what I'm seeing, But he hits the ball across a lot of different pitch types really well with low strikeout percentages. I kind of think that's what you want your power hitter. You want a guy that can hit these other pitch types solidly for contact, decent contact across the board, and then sell his ass out for power to try to demolish. His XBA supported his batting average. He has had a two seventy two or higher expected batting average for four straight years, So I like this profile stuff. It just might show a weirdness in the game if you get a little bit of run support raf Fael Devers. I just don't know if I have a I have a feel on Devers versus Riley right now.
Speaker 3: That's what I was exactly going to ask you. I was gonna say, you know, and we're not holding your feet to the fly to the fire here at all. But uh do you think, like, well, well, I understand that, but like what concerns you more is these weird splits with Devers or you know, the hand injury that was recovering slowly for Austin Riley, which one is and this is purely poking holes at the very top, you know, this is this might be an overall difference of two spots for these guys in your rankings that are you know, overall and not positional. So we're not you know, this isn't a major difference. What it What is the thing that you would say concerns you more?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it's it's maybe Devers another thing I didn't even like notice until right now. I mean, his his pull right went down, look at his spray chart. Remember he's a left handed hitter. Why two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight. I think there's eight legitimate homers that were pullside. Everything else was opposite field. So I mean that's a benefit from the home perspective for him to do it, and maybe why you're selling out for more power and fastballs, because you know, if you're sitting behind it and you can just get it up, you know, hitting in Boston is going to be a benefit. That also might be why there was bad home road splits by the way. You're cheating at home and you're taking that on the road with you and you can't hit everything opposite field.
Speaker 4: I have right, I have a Devers.
Speaker 2: One spot ahead of Riley. But it's making me think more like the thing that like when I look at the negatives, I go, Riley, you sucked against fastballs, but that's gonna get better an injury. I look at devers. I think they're smaller, but like there's a lot of them. It's like right road split, lefty split. Here you're not pulling the ball like, there's like a lot of little tiny ones.
Speaker 4: So it's like a big baby cut or two big cuts.
Speaker 2: Which one do you want? You know, I'll just give me the give me which everyone's cheaper. Probably at the end of the day, I think so too. That's just kind of my take on it. Like I think they're both gonna be solid, but I do see like positive regression for Riley where I'm a little torn on like who this version of Devors is, but.
Speaker 3: It's still I would throw the last guy in this group in that as well. Whoever is cheapest.
Speaker 2: Maybe, yeah, So Machado two seventy five almost there's about a twenty batting average point raised from the previous year. He's just consistently like somewhere between twenty nine and thirty homers. He stole more bases this past year. Barrel percentage upticked, hard hit percentage uptick. These are from the previous year. Max ev was up, average EV was up, like he was just making solid quality contact. His savant sliders all pretty good. They're not like top ten percentile of the league, but it's like top twenty five percentile, and like barrel and hard hit and average excevelocity and stuff like that. Early take on Manny Machado, I feel like he's like a step down. But to your point, like he's in this territory. Here's here's my only caveat, even though I just asked you a question, because he's so close to them, I don't agree with this. If he was, Oh, if these guys were in the thirties and Machada was in the fifties, then I think Machada is the case. These guys are all in NFBC within seven spots of each other, and that I disagree with.
Speaker 4: I would rather pay the price for like Riley or Devers.
Speaker 3: I think I would rather take Machado at the you know, as the cheaper guy. Now you know, if they're all three sitting there for me, I probably go the same order that you said. I probably go Riley, Devers, then Machado. But if it's like you know, I'm picking thirteen or twelve, right, and I can take somebody else, and then all three of those guys are available, and I'm hoping just one of them makes it back to me in that glood of picks that's six there, I would probably take the risk and wait and see if Machado fell. And the reason being is he doesn't have these crazy split concerns that Devers does. He's not coming off an injury and the ISO spiked enormously in the second half. You know, I would I would love to see it with Tatsis without Tatias, But first half his ISO was one fifty five, second half two fifty seven, so he ended on a heater as well, So I just I would probably be willing to wait and take him. But again to your point, they are very close and if I have my picks, it's still going to be right.
Speaker 4: I feel like Minchada has had these like struggles.
Speaker 2: He's carried into the season a bit for multiple years, like these swings, and it didn't really happen. He got better in the second half. He hit enough homers at home that there's not like you know, home road split doesn't like massively stand out too. I will say, when you look into like the hitting profile, it's becoming even more.
Speaker 4: Of like you got, he's just a fastball hitter.
Speaker 2: He saw way more sinkers this year, which are going to on this qualify at fastballs, and he destroyed them, and he saw less four seams. He was still hitting those well. He massively struggled against sliders, cutters. You know, the designation is probably in the fastball range. Like when you just look at the profile. You see this guy where you're like, oh, well, he doesn't hit really as well against non fastball stuff. This isn't like Devers, who has his baseline across the board. He's a little bit more of a primary fastball hitter. So I wouldn't be surprised if you see this pitch mixed change again, Like he's gonna see less sinkers, You're going to probably see more sliders, I would guess, you know, maybe more change ups as well. Like that's kind of solely increased, and I just I'm getting at I don't feel as great about his batting average, even though it's stabilized. But to his credit, zone contact percentage was the same. He didn't chase more, he swung a little bit more at first pitches, but like it's not a ton of crazy negatives or anything like that. He hit two fifty six against lefties to eighty against righty. He's like, this is just a solid hitter and a really great lineup. But I feel like there's some injury stuff or some mistiming. I say that, but he's had almost.
Speaker 4: Say ten games. I think he's just banged up one hundred and fifty three. The last four years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm off on that, but I don't know. I just feel like he's a little bit different than the others, a little bit more power projection. I think both are better hitters than Manny Machado, but he does kind of belong in that range, all right. So now this is like the really interesting core player range where there is sleepers and stuff, Mark Vientos. Mark Viento's yes is sixth on this of NFBC third base ranks, which is wild to think about. Hit twenty seven homers last year, two sixty six average, fifty eight runs. Didn't have like enough games to you know, put up like other big mounting counting stats, but it's like, if you played one hundred and eleven games, you could have probably projected him to be like seventy five runs ninety rbi. The batting average was really good. Hard hit numbers are what stand out. Hard hit barrel average, ex velocity x slug, They're all well well above average, horrifically bad wiff and K percentages. He struck out twenty nine point seven percent of the time, but great amazing combo fourteen point one percent barrel rate, double digit launch angle, and a forty six percent hard hit rate. I fen love when I see that. It is my favorite thing on the planet. But kind of in the Machado world, Vientos. He's not a sole fastball hitter, but he's a pretty big fastball hitter. He had I remember doing this in my ride up. He's the only guy I've seen maybe we had one other player so far, Fogs. He is the only one that his number one pitch type was not a foreseen fastball. More sliders were thrown against him. He only saw twenty one percent foreseing fastballs. That's insane for any player that is played one hundred or mores Toronto. Yeah, twenty three percent sliders, which, by the way, he only hit one seventy five. Why was the fastball there? Because he hit three nineteen against them and a three hundred XBA sinkers third.
Speaker 4: Most hit three twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Its cutters three fifty if those are going to count everything else one fifty two sweepers, one ninety four curve.
Speaker 4: So that that's where the hole is.
Speaker 2: Is like, people are going to attack him with off speed stuff. But if but to his credit, and I know I'm talking like a lot lot here, he walked a decent amount if he can push counts and force fastball counts. This is why he's such a freaking menace. I see him kind of like a pee alonzo guy, and then you look at the guys in front of him. There's so much to like about him. And lastly, got Soto hitting in front of him. Yeah, you're gonna have You're gonna have teams wanting to be more aggressive to him, which could equate to more fastball usage, and that's where some big numbers could come into play.
Speaker 4: And it seems like.
Speaker 3: They he kind of figured out, and they figured out what was going on with him by throwing him more breaking balls. And it seems like that happened in the second half because the average went way down two ninety one in the first half to two forty seven in the second half, but the home run rate went up. He had twelve first half homers, fifteen second half homers in forty nine fewer abs. He didn't have the biggest difference. It wasn't hundreds of that bats different between his first and second half, but he sold out for power in the second half. So, like you said, if they put him in an advantageous position where he's hitting in front of Soto or you know, someone else, who knows who else the Mets are going to go out and pay for this season, then you know he should be seeing more fastballs and hitting the ball harder and better. So fingers crossed that that happens for him. But you know, even him selling out for power in the second half is what it looks like. The average only went down to two forty seven. I mean two ninety one two forty seven is a huge difference, but two forty seven is very livable if you're going to hit forty homers. So Vientos has this is a great opportunity. It's not a surprise, but he's a top six third baseman right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want I wanted to look at it was slow in my computer down that's having multiple instances of fan grafts up was uh because you can't I don't see this on somevant. I wanted to see the k percentage by month breakdown for Vento's and I.
Speaker 4: Can look that up. I already have it. Oh yeah, okay, got it.
Speaker 2: Essentially got worse every single month. So he started out with a twenty one percent in May love it and he had a three to ten batting average. Then he went to June where he had a twenty three percent K percentage love it to sixty five batting average. Then in July thirty two percent, but he still had a two eighty three, thirty one percent in August two still two sixty three, which is all great, and then thirty six point nine percent in so it almost got worse every single month, which that is a concern. But I will say the positive is that he kept hitting for average. We've seen guys have big k rates and like continue going. But the unfortunate side there is that it got worse every single month for Viento's so.
Speaker 4: You gotta be careful.
Speaker 2: His ADP though it's like around ninety so if you get him outside the top one hundred, like he's going to be one of the biggest targets for chasing power there is. But I am worried that there's some regressional stuff, you know, I just closed it. What are his projections like two fifty thirty five one hundred RBI, I can, by.
Speaker 3: The way right now two forty eight thirty three ninety five, So.
Speaker 4: I'm essentially right on that.
Speaker 2: I love that that's a top one hundred pick, no doubt. I will try to take Mark Mark Vento's everywhere that I can.
Speaker 4: Just because of the what he was able to do as a hitter.
Speaker 2: Last year, assuming progression and the hitters that are hopefully in front of him again, I don't think it's a lock he hits three. I think like Joe like thinks that. But if they go get Christian Walker, Bianto's not hitting three, right, hit four? Ring Alonzo back right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe he could hit three and Alonso hits four just from a contact perspective, but I doubt it because he's a thirty percent k guy. But Vento's is very exciting. Another one of these in the sleeper realm Jordan Westburg. He's right there with Viento's coming off of eighteen homer six dolen bases, two sixty four batting average. But why do you really like him? That slider side of Savant It is red. It is top cently fifteen to twenty percent of the league across the board. Hard hit barrel x slug had eleven percent, eleven point eight percent barrel rate awesome, forty six percent hard hit rate awesome, thirteen launch angle. Those are the things I'm talking about Ventos with, except he only strikes out twenty one percent of the time, had a ninety one percent average exivelocity. There's a lot to like about in this profile of Jordan Westburg overall, and in that offense in general. There's a lot of huge, massive upside. I will throw this one thing as you're going to break it down, though.
Speaker 4: Huge split issue.
Speaker 2: He hit two seventy one in the first half with fifteen homers, only had seventy three at bats in the next portion three homers, two thirty three batting average. But there's a lot of profile stuff for Westburg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, three to zero three at home, two twenty eight away also, which it was pretty surprising, but weirdly nine homers at home and nine homers away for his eighteen homers, which is strange, especially when he's hitting almost eighty points worse here. So yeah, that was pretty surprising. Obviously, he missed a big chunk of the year with a broken hand as well, so we didn't get the full year from him or the scope. As you said, not a lot of games in the second half there, but he came back at the end of the year, so health should be way back up by the time spring Chang rules around here.
Speaker 2: Only other last little things. Pretty good batting average kind of across the board on different pitch types.
Speaker 4: So I love to.
Speaker 2: See a guy that has has the ability to not get wrecked by one pitch. I'll also say it is almost unanimous across the board of positive aggression on pitch type. So higher expected batting average is what I mean by that than what he did. Sweeper almost twenty batting average points sinkers, sixty batting average point sliders, you know, point zero six fastball exact same, he hit three or six against fastballs XBA the exact same. And his three biggest heart pitch types he saw, which were the only three of double digit percentage, He had a four year higher hard hit rate. Again, so like that's really really good. Chase rates a little bit high, his own contacts a little bit low. But I think with that hard hit profile, do you have his projection? I'm gonna guess it is like two sixty five twenty eight homers with ten stolen bases.
Speaker 3: Two sixty three excuse me, to sixty one nineteen homers, eight stolen bases.
Speaker 4: Give me upside.
Speaker 2: I'm apply I like upside for Jordan Westburg there he will probably also be on a lot of my teams.
Speaker 3: Just both that you gotta but you're not gonna have all of these third bags, all of them, just saying, especially all these top ten third baseman.
Speaker 4: But it's clear you like picking out of this group. Yeah, I don't mind that.
Speaker 2: And this is kind of back to the strategy of the position where it's like, hey, if I can do other stuff early on, I could take you know, an outfielder, I can take a picture, I can take an infield I could do a couple of things. And then if my third base ends up becoming a guy like Vantos or Westburgh out there, like just coming to the top one hundred, I'm I'm gucci, I'm good. I'm totally good. Next guy up is Royce Lewis, who had a lot of upside for a lot of people. Did his home run thing again, it slowed down. He did hit sixteen homers, which was a career high, but he again could not surpass three hundred at bats in a season. He only hit two thirty three this go round. The batting average really sunk. Expected batting average was a little bit higher. The swampage kind of all over the board. Some of the I think the average is not supported. But he had a good barrel rate, incredible launch angle, gets the ball in the air. The problem is he doesn't tap into consistency thirty seven percent, hard hit rate stinks, eighty seven average X velocity not good. And he's very injury prone. So those are a couple of the takeaways with royce Lewis. The cream has been cut.
Speaker 4: Off the top.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean I think you know me in the way that I draft, I just I will have no shares of royce Lewis. I cannot take a player that doesn't play. It drives me insane. You know, It's just something the older I get, the more entrenched into this I get.
Speaker 4: But you know he was.
Speaker 3: He was way worse than the second half coming back off the injuries as well, two ninety two in the first half, two of seven in the second half. The quad and groin injuries. Also might be getting a move of positions. They've talked about a little bit of maybe moving in the second He played I think two games at the end of the season there, and they've been sniffing around, you know, like Alex Bregman in a couple of third base options as well. So I just don't think I'm going to be rostering Royce Lewis. Is that at this point? Is that a fair take or is this a Bogmann is an old man? There's too much upside for royce Lewis take.
Speaker 2: I think based on the players he's around, it's fine. Yeah, I love that he doesn't cost what he did in the past, right, but we're this is the eighth third baseman on this board here so far, and he's still sandwich between guys with a bunch of upside.
Speaker 4: I really don't ride around pick so.
Speaker 2: I still think like he's just still trying to figure it all out. Like I'm looking at his uh swing metrics. He's got a long swing that's fast. It's like it's quite a bit above average seventy one point five. Average is the average bat speed, it's seventy three point three. But usually what you like to see are like smaller swings. It's seven point seven, which is quite long. And the reason I say this is like I see this unique thing going on where you know, the the fast swings or sometimes you'll see these like longer swings that are slow, and that gets the secondary pitches to keep the bat in the zone, and then you're gonna see these shorter swings with like high velocity.
Speaker 4: So it's just to destroy.
Speaker 2: He's got this long swing that he pitches really high, and he struggles against forcene fastballs, but then he's good against some secondary stuff, so and he gets the ball in the air too, by the way, and then you kind of come back to like, he's not hitting it super hard. I wonder if that's kind of a swing mechanism that he wants to be able to cheat for some secondary stuff. He only hit two or three against four scene with a two to eleven expected batting average. It's not great, so I wonder if he's still learning the pitch type of who he is. He has a good zone contact rate, a horrifically bad chase rate. I would throw out there, But I see Royce Lewis as a thirty homer guy if he plays a full season. I just don't trust the batting average. I think it might be like two forty five thirty homers if he could play a full season, but I'm not sold that he can. And I just feel like you can get similar upside to a lot of the players that he's around. So I'm probably a little bit of a pass on his cost as well, just if we're we are taking talking about ranks, But I just see these mechanisms of like I'm not sure I can't quantify exactly who he is.
Speaker 3: Like the batman he goes on a heater and is the best player in baseball for two weeks last two years.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's awesome, But like he has lower contact rates, a squared up in blast because it's a longer swing, but it's fast and he doesn't hit fastballs really well, and the long swing probably speaks to second. Like it's all these things that mix around that that tiles me like, oh, that is a guy that's going to lock into some inconsistency.
Speaker 3: They got him at two fifty two, twenty six homers, six dole bases, sixty nine runs, and seventy six rbi, one hundred and thirty four games.
Speaker 2: What was batting average two fifty two. It's solid, it's decent. I mean, compare them, you know, when you're comparing against the other guys. There's a couple others on the back end here, Junior Camenaro, so camin Aro has a smaller sample size for us to work from. He ended up having like one hundred and sixty five at bats, hit six homers two forty eight. Obviously was a monster in the miners or the great batting average things to here eleven point eight percent barrel, forty five percent hard hit rate. Those two screamed to me. He did not get the ball in the air, very common of rookies, not worried about it. Expected batting average is lower though his strikeout rate was only twenty one percent, but the expected is quite a bit lower. I think because of just maybe overall inconsistent hitting. But just want to come back here. Twenty three pitch types. He saw the most sinkers, sliders, and then foreseen fastballs. He hit under and had an XBA under two hundred. Both sinkers and sliders. He hit three sixty one against fastballs. He was legit only a four seam fastball hitter, So that's not a true fastball hitter four seam fastballs, so he's got to just progress.
Speaker 4: Overall.
Speaker 2: He could not pull the ball, and that might just be you know, his young dude learning into his game. But I think the raw tools are there, and we've seen it in the minor league just overall levels. You know, like him shine and not strike out and hit the ball really really hard. He's gotten insanely fast swing. It's one of the fastest in the league. But eight point three length, that's one of that's Nolan Aronado bad. So that's like we're getting back to Royce Lewis stuff like I don't, I don't. I mean, it's so fast. I think he's making up for a little bit more. He's just got to learn to hit. He's gonna get tested this year if you're only hitting four seams.
Speaker 3: I mean, west Bergen and Royce Lewis are old men compared to Camon Arrow twenty one years old.
Speaker 4: So we're just we're just simple men, and we're just simple men women.
Speaker 3: Also, like he did have I mean, he only had twenty six at bats first lefties, but he hit three forty six against him two thirty verst righties. I think, you know, to your point, he's figuring it out. You're gonna have wild inconsistencies from a guy this young and trying to figure it out, especially trying to figure it out at major league level. So probably should have been up way earlier to get more experience. So it's not all a feeling out process this year, but such his life, he just didn't get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said something really important that I just want to harkun for one second is that I'm not gonna like, actually, even though I gave it to you guys, I personally I'm not going to like read too much into like what he did against sinkers and sliders and stuff like that, or you know, chase rate was high, and I'm not going to actually hyper focus on that because I think there's so much change that happens when now you're going to spend an off season with the major league camp and hitters and analysis of swing and stuff like that. What I care about are the fundamentals. And the fundamentals are there's great barrel, there's really good hard hit. He's not striking out a ton, and as he makes and he had a one to sixteen point three max ev as he learns, he's just he's going to make much better contact. And I think he legit can be a two seventy twenty five to thirty home run guy. So I don't know, I'm not sure there's any more risk with Camonaro or Royce Lewis the next three going a little bit quicker. Jake Berger has definitely moved up the board, really high percentiles, hit twenty nine homers. He's the modern day Chris Davis. Cha Chris Davis. Three straight years of two point fifty straight just two fifty, not like T fifty one. He's hit three straight years of hitting two fifty.
Speaker 4: He's not the worst contract in baseball history. Come on, no, you're thinking of Orioles, Chris Stags. Oh I am, I am Davis. I'm talking k.
Speaker 2: Ris Davis where he hit two forty eight for like four straight years. Berger really great percentiles, big pull stuff twelve percent, burial forty six percent, hard hit rate, love it, gets the ball in the air, consistently does it, and has an expected batting average that is a little bit higher than his batting average. Just kind of smashes the ball. He's on a kind of a crappy team, but he upped his own percentage, lowered his chase rate, and has really great metrics. I think it's hard to not like Jake Berger, or at least envision. He's a two fifty to thirty home run guy, just on a poor team with runs and RBI.
Speaker 3: Right, So you know first half, second half, massive splits. Two twenty five in the first half, two seventy nine in the second half. Nineteen homers in the second half were the fourth most in baseball. Is ISO spiked from one forty four to two eighty three in the second half as well. Just remember he came back and just started nuking baseballs.
Speaker 4: He was launching them.
Speaker 3: So uh, you know, great second half for him, big spike in production. But like you said, you know, Jazz left.
Speaker 4: Just not a lot in that Marlins lineup outside of Jake.
Speaker 2: Berger also struggled at home. By the way, I only hit two twenty seven at home, two seventy three on the road. So yeah, you know that the home ball park taking away with not a.
Speaker 4: Round the trade would be very nice for Jake Burger.
Speaker 2: Burger's like I think I was solid, Like, oh, I need to up my homers a little bit more.
Speaker 4: I wish he was a little bit cheaper.
Speaker 2: His NFBC is like one thirty or one twenty five, so I could maybe take a little bit more off of that. But Burger seems relatively sold and he's in this weird Like I say, he's in that weird group of Like now you're pairing him with you know, Royce Lewis and Cameron Arrow, he's kind of safe the other two that are in here. Matt Chapman fantastic year, twenty seven homers, career high, fifteen stolen bases, hit two forty seven, savant, kind of across the board, one of the highest average exx velocities in the league, twelve percent barrel, forty eight percent hard hit rate. Those are phenomenal, sixteen degree launch angle. Those three things equal pure raw power. And he has an expected batting average of two fifty which supports all of that. So those are just huge, huge positives. His overall hard hit went down quite a bit, but he was making better quality of contact, I believe, and his K percentage dramatically down. So you know, he just found it in a ballpark that is not a hit or friendly environment. He just found consistency. And you know, this would be one of those takes where you know, like above is screaming at me about Willia Damas, you could look at Chapman and look at ballpark factors and be like, eh, Jobman was great, Like Chapman is a deal.
Speaker 3: I think he's my favorite deal among the third basemen that we've talked about so far. And you know, it's he had a big spike in ISO in the second half seventeen or one seventy six first half to eighty one in the second half. Thirteen homers in three hundred and fifty eight bats in the first half and fourteen homers in two hundred and seventeen at bats in the second half, so he really kind of found it in the second half as well. Like you said, career high and stolen bases projections are pretty nice to him as well. H two forty two, he's a career two forty one, so right around his career twenty four bombs, nine stolen bases, which would be his second highest total if he did regress by six. Uh So, Yeah, I think Chapman is the best value among the third basemen now we've talked about right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's not a liability as like he had two forty five against sliders this year, which is solid. So again, like that's you're becoming more of a whole hitter, would be a.
Speaker 4: Way to say it.
Speaker 2: The three pitch types he saw more than ten percent of the time. He never hit under two forty five, So I mean that's that's that's a stabilization that you want to see. He does clearly absolutely murder fastballs, both over fifty percent hard hit rate, but overall, like he doesn't have a hard hit rate under thirty seven percent against any pitch, and those two are only sliders and split fingers. Everything else is like forty percent or high, so it's all hit hard.
Speaker 4: He lowered his.
Speaker 2: K percentage quality of contact. You know, he took advantage of a maybe a more difficult ballpark to hit in. And I would say this last thing, he's expected homer in total was only one less, Like you would worry if that was three or four less in that ballpark.
Speaker 4: It wasn't.
Speaker 2: So quality of contact is really good to your point. The other last one where I think he Chapman is a deal as well, but also Alex Bregman. Alex Bregman is coming in at third baseman twelve at one forty one, hit twenty six homers with three stolen bases last year to sixty batting average. He has had a point zero three differential between batting average for three.
Speaker 4: Straight years, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: He's a league average hitter across the board, barrel ex of veloscia, the things that I love to talk about.
Speaker 4: It's all just average.
Speaker 2: He squares the ball up, doesn't chase, doesn't whift, doesn't strike out, speaks more to points leagues. That's great, gets the ball in the freaking air. He optimized hitting in Houston to the umph degree. But he's a good quality hitter. So the question might become where does he end up going and play. There's rumors are a million different places he could play. I want him to be in a hitter friendly environment. It's almost like this is a bad example. Look at Estock Praties and Yessock Praties was in Tampa Bay. He was able to pull the ball and use that left field to his advantage, and you go to Chicago where you couldn't do that anymore.
Speaker 4: Struggle.
Speaker 2: If Bregman homers with the Cubs, Yeah, if he goes to a ballpark where he's going to struggle right handed, just home run factors, you now might be looking at it. Bregman who hits nineteen twenty homers, he's becoming Alec Bohm or something like that. But I think there's a good floor with Bregman up in points leagues. I think he's just cheap, and maybe it's the old man getting in me where I talked about in short supper. He's kind of like the sheet. I kind of like Bregman, Like I like some of these boring guys that are coming really really cheap. So I think Chapman and Bregman specifically or two that stand out to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I guess I'm way more on Chapman than I am on Bregman because I do fear the loss of power for Bregman. Sixteen homers at home, ten on the road they have the Crawford boxes there. He pulls the ball a lot like I just I do worry about the power for Bregman if he ends up not back in Houston.
Speaker 4: So that's the thing that concerns me.
Speaker 3: He did have you know, some splits here as well, two seventy four verses to twenty four vers lefties. The ISO spiked almost one hundred points from first half to second half. Again, another guy that hit more homers in the second half than he did in the first half, twelve in three hundred and sixty seven at bats in the first half two hundred and fourteen at bats in the second half for fourteen homers. So kind of surprising the stuff that happens there in the second half. Did they change the baseballs in the second half, by the way, I wasn't looking for that. They didn't, But there was a big spike for a lot of these guys in the second half after they kind of just figured how guys are pitching them this season.
Speaker 2: Dude, this is the wildest one. So I'd like to look at the just occasionally the expected home runs for ballpark we always know. We look at Cincinnati and you can see what would be incredible thirty six homers vreas various projected homers if he had hit played every game in Cincinnati. But this is that's not what I'm here to tell here. I was looking to be like, would he hit over twenty in most ballparks? For the most part, there's a couple that are just under twenty, like Cleveland is eighteen, the A's or nineteen. Again, this is a bad metric because it's like every single game but Marlins we know or not good Burger nineteen.
Speaker 4: But check this out.
Speaker 2: So Cincinnati is the most Baltimore he would project for thirteen homers because of the wall, and he pulls the ball, that's well, they're actually making it more hit or friends.
Speaker 3: I know left now it's not going to get it as a hold the ball, so good he.
Speaker 2: Actually well, actually, you know what, that's funny. His poll rate's low, but all his homers are pullside, so that would not be good this year. It would be good now. But that's just a wild number in there.
Speaker 4: He's one of those guys it kind of does matter.
Speaker 2: A little bit if you're caring about the home run projection because I think we we're.
Speaker 4: Hitting Minnesota because I know that who's.
Speaker 2: Been in Minnesota?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what were his projected bombs in many you have?
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty nine, So it's actually it is too less than Houston overall. That is one of the highest that's out there. So it's just one of those guys where it's like, if he's a twenty homer guy, then you are taking some of that upside off where I would rather Chapman. But if I'm in a decent ballpark, I'll take my chance because I think Bregman is just a top four pitch types. He hit two forty or higher, like he's a great hitter, doesn't strike out, gonna score runs, and I like if he's on like a good offensive team, that's where the core kind of stops of third base. But back to my point, I think you're looking at from the elite elite of Joseier Ramirez, but then you look at two to twelve not saying there, I'm not saying Alex Bregman is to Jazz Chisholm, but I'm also saying or Chaz Jism. But I'm also saying, like, that's a meaty core of that position that I think you could do some stuff with that goes from twenty five to one forty in ADP.
Speaker 4: Things start to fall off a bit though.
Speaker 3: After that, I've got a couple more splits. You want me to run through them before we end here?
Speaker 4: For well, yeah, I want to talk about a few more of these guys real quick. Now. For these guys are for Bregman, No, they're for this group here. Yeah, yeah, I want to hit on a couple of these players.
Speaker 2: The next three, by the way, are Luis Rangifo, Alec Bohm, and Eohaneo swore As. Gino Suarez are the next that come up. I think Gino and Boem specifically are really fascinating. Do you have some splits on them, Yes.
Speaker 3: Big ones for Boom one to eighty seven io in the first half, eleven homers in four and two have bats one thirty one in the second half only four bombs, So uh, just lost all of the power in the second half. I know the White Sox have been trying to get him. For Suarez, he was on the opposite end. I mean, remember we were talking about Jay and the broadcast was talking about how he was going to be released before the All Star Game. Started to pick it up right before the All Star Game. Two sixteen in the first half for three ho seven in the second half, and also his twenty second half homers were first among third and when they were third in baseball behind only Otani and Judge, and he is tied with Anthony Santander. So uh, we saw the huge resurgence for Suarez. If we get a season like he had in the second half, he's gonna hit fifty bombs. We're not going to get that because it's a long season, but he is a great source of power, so Suarez, so on.
Speaker 2: Both of those guys really unique here Suarez upped his zone contact percentage by six percent, went from seventy five the year before to eighty one percent. That's very impressive. That's like league average because that's something that he can struggle with. His chase rate did go up a tiny bit.
Speaker 4: He hit fastballs really well, but.
Speaker 2: He's very supported on it. Changeups were something that he could definitely get to curveballs. So I guess the way to put it is he is he does really well with north and south.
Speaker 4: The east and west type of.
Speaker 2: Pitches are where his struggle is so sweeper sliders. So if you pitch him north and south, whether it's offspeed or not, he did a really good job at it. I tend to think with the hitter friendly environment, he pulled the ball a lot more. It works really well for Gino. I think Gina's a sneaky power source I want to.
Speaker 4: Love, but like he just doesn't hit for pie Cut.
Speaker 2: I always think back to my interview with him where he's just like he hated analytics. He doesn't care to his credit. You know, have a high batting average. He has a two eighty eight expected batting average man with a low k percentage. He's a points League dude. He is a more valuable third base points league guy. But we're getting into this space now where it's like, dude has forty eight homers combined over three seasons. I mean, you can play with the averages that is under twenty homers per season, and that doesn't work well for that position. He's also not put in prime spots. I mean, he played with the freaking Phillies and he scored sixty two runs. You know, so if you're hitting six or seven or something like that, I don't like it. Now, if you were to be traded to Seattle and you were to hit two, that could maybe change the game up. I wouldn't mind that. Get on base for Julio Rodriguez. You know, you're not striking the entire year. Yeah, but you might score one hundred runs and you could hit two ninety. You're not gonna hit any homers. Yeah, to your point, But BOM is kind of tricky, and I'm done falling too far into it.
Speaker 4: I think that's conditional right over BOOM. I think you should.
Speaker 3: I think BOM is conditional, Like you have to have a just an enormous you already have to have homers in the bag.
Speaker 4: If you're drafting Alex Bohm and you need batting average.
Speaker 3: That's basically what it boils down to with drafting Bom is you have to already know that you have extra power at other positions to draft this guy for him to help you in your.
Speaker 4: You know, in your batting average.
Speaker 3: I think that's what he is, and that is the only scenario where you can draft him, which makes him a conditional player. You have to already have made up for those power seats you are going to lose by drafting Alec Bohm.
Speaker 2: I think we might have talked about him because he qualifies the two positions, but just you know, ring Gifo is in here. But I think we talked about him in another position because he qualifies like two spots. He's you can go back and listen. I think that was in the second base one Aeronato. I'm just not into it is a horrifically bad profile. Barrel percentage was three percent. Those are the type of hitters that hit eight homers.
Speaker 3: Biggest splits, I mean two thirty four vers lefties, two eighty four vers righties, Rio seven at home, two thirty nine away, big big splits for Ernado. They did I saw today The Cardinals allowed him in his team to look for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's going to be on a new team, like and if he goes to the Dodgers, then you just like give him an extra boost to like potential home run you know, like or like RBI opportunities. If he goes to New York, maybe it's a little hitter friendly environment. The problem is is from a profile perspective, hard hit rate was the lowest of his career, average x velocity lowest of his career, barrel percentage lowest of his career. Okay, expect a batting average lowest in three years. He still gets the ball in the air if he's a two fifty hitter, but he doesn't make quality contact. By the way, I know this doesn't matter to a lot of people. It's one of the longest wings in baseball, and it's slow as hell. It is below like cam and Arra, so one of the fastest in baseball swings, and it's really long aeronauto it's below average, and it's eight point two in length. That is wildly long. So I just don't like his hitting profile.
Speaker 4: Could he be a two sixty.
Speaker 2: Twenty home run guy? Yeah, but it's average the positive, it's post two hundred price for it. So like, I don't know, there might be a place for him on the right team, But I don't love Nolan Aernato, and I'm not going to be like, well, I'm not going to take blah blah blah because Aeronato no way, absolutely no way, and kind of the same thing. It's a little bit on the end. Verse is Josh Young. I just I don't think I care too much about He has hit two sixty two straight years, missed a bunch of time again this past year. His profile nine point nine barrel. It's okay, super bad, hard hit, strikes out a bunch, gets the ball in the air. XBA is two forty one, so it's it's under overperformed. I guess you would call it. But he doesn't walk, so he doesn't get on base a lot. He has a strikeout problem.
Speaker 4: He's got league average quality type of issues.
Speaker 2: I don't love him. Yeah, maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll say one thing for Jase Young is that he he had he had the risk surgery, and then he came back, and then he had a second rist surgery after the season was over. So Josh Young, I think, I said, Chase Young, but to your point, but but yeah, I mean I do think like maybe there's a little bit there for him to like if he even falls out of this group and falls a little bit lower. Now we're getting to the point where it's like, all right, well, I'll take a flyer and just see if the risk was the main problem.
Speaker 2: Next I have him above Aernado though I do.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're not sinking him. You're just not interested in drafting him right now. He's not at the price point to where you would take him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 2: Apologies because it's not meant to be ranks and stuff like that, but like, yeah, to your point, I should can that are a little bit more with Josh Young that this might be one of those guys where you have to scrap a lot of stuff. But I guess the thing I get hung up on is like, did that risk risk make him a bad strikeout option? Like, I guess he improved the year over year, it could have hurt his hard hit. He did barrel okay, and he got the ball in the air, So maybe those are positives. He still doesn't walk though.
Speaker 4: This has nothing to do with swing decisions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he didn't do really great on non fastball stuff. I mean, I guess curveball, sweepers he actually did perform really well on. He stucked with change ups, So I mean, there's actually a better hitting profile than maybe I'm giving it credit for sliders and change ups were his enemy. Everything else he did decent about that maybe, And his poll rate was twenty nine percent, that might have been a risk thing like you just couldn't run over. Maybe swinging decisions were more more about that, you know what, twenty twenty two he had a forty seven percent poll rate. It was twenty nine point eight this past year. So maybe you know, being able to pull over the ball. If he gets back to a forty five percent poll rate or forty percent poll rate, maybe the any barrels, Okay, the hard hit numbers come up, Josh Young Knight have a little bit of bounce back. Could you tell me real quick what his projections are. I'm very curious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me pull him up here. I didn't have him, and.
Speaker 2: He's essentially like the last guy because there's other names that are out there, Max Munsey, maybe I'll do a quick little thing on but that's essentially it for the breakdowns of these guys, the main guys. Yeah, I'm gonna take a guess real quick on Joshuamp I'm gonna guess two fifty five twenty four homers and that's all that matters.
Speaker 4: Here, two forty seven and twenty three, So right in the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: In the neighborhood of that, Like, I guess I would take that there's upside and the wrist held him down than I would banking on aeronauto bouncing back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they probably belong in a different realm.
Speaker 3: Just so you know, I had Estoc Brady's out here to call him out on the power that you already mentioned. It was sixteen homers in one hundred and one games with Tampa Bay and three homers in fifty two with the Cup. So that was the big difference in bombs for Esac that you were talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's pretty low. He's like twenty second or third baseman. He's still draftable at two seventy one, but the cut he really got suppressed. And also like he's horrific bad numbers, Like he gets the like twenty degree launch angle, but it's like crappy barrel, crappy, hard to hit like that ballpark doesn't let him get by. And the only other one you know, Max Munsey is just like a fascinating dude who's you know, solid barrel, hard left it can't hit lefties, low batting average always his XBA was two twenty nine. Like him or Aeronauto.
Speaker 4: I'd rather have Aeronaudo.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Monthy. Maybe Eronaudo goes to New York. Maybe I don't know the little hitter from the envit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just think that Aeronaudo is definitely gonna end up in a better spot, but it's such a different position, like top twelve.
Speaker 2: We could talk about all this like there's upside and bounce back and then it's like you turn over to thirteen and you're taking ri like Ring Gifo. I like him for stolen bases, bom a points league guy swore Az, I think is maybe one of the more balanced players. There's some upside with the young but then it kind of falls apart and then you're just taking some shots later at the position. Guys like Connor Norby. Ryan McMahon is always kind of interesting when you get into his profile, but yeah, he was bad in the second half exactly, and there's just not a whole lot to bank on outside of if you know, if Kobe Mayo gets a starting job or Matt Shaw and he qualifies a third, those guys would kind of bounce back. But that is third base in a nutshell.
Speaker 4: I kind of have my.
Speaker 2: Players highlighted out of this that I will take to the rank episodes into the new year when we talk about them as some of the players that I like in my own ranks. Those ranks will be up here shortly over and end this League dot Com if you want to check it out on the Patreon in this League dot Com check it out today. Also, Bogman's a big stat baseball sheet that you can check out and you can you know, you could use that sheet to literally just make your ranks. It's got everything there and you can copy it over and just drag and move guys and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: So check that out.
Speaker 2: Get in the group me rooms, join the community and know that you are supporting us, and hang along for the Christmas special that's always fun. Outfield is coming up. We are going to do two parters for outfielder and two parts for starting pitcher and then that give me also you we might even do release two in a week because of that, so we can start the new year fresh and we'll start getting into mock drafts. We'll have rank episodes, projection episodes, breakdown analytics, all that type of stuff, really getting into the draft season. Plus we're gonna do some early best balls here in the near future, so make sure you are locked into everything and subscribe to the podcast. Find Bogman on Twitter Bogmin Sports. You can find me at is It the Welsh. Also some baseball over on Fantasy Pros Right now, we've got multiple videos of pods. I got a mock draft using the Draft Wizard coming up soon. So rookies, top ten rookies for redraft, go and check it out. Fantasy Pros MLB is the YouTube channel. Subscribe to that so you don't miss any of those.
Speaker 4: That is It.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for hanging out with us on the baseball pod for Bogmin.
Speaker 4: I'm Welsh. We'll talk to you next time and peace.
Speaker 2: Soya