Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now to visit with mary Lynn min from okam Music and Mary Lynn. The holidays are in full swing. We just wrapped up our Saint Nicholas Day just a few days ago, and then now we've got something really cool, maybe one of the first of its kind, coming up on Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 2: We do Tom good Morning, I wish you a merry Christmas, and we have a very special merry musical Christmas concert coming up this Friday, on December thirteenth. It is Friday the thirteenth, but it's going to be a merry musical Friday the thirteenth at seven pm. It is at First Presbyterian Church, which is located at five of five South Dewey Avenue, right across from the Okan Music Office. And we are having a special concert featuring our very own Ocean Music youth keyboard Orchestra. And we are still excited. And to your point, I had mentioned last week that some all of the research that we can look into and sort of talking to Yamaha, we think that we are the first youth full youth keyboard orchestra ensemble in America certly in this region, but we haven't been able to plan any other ensembles that are truly just keyboard orchestra, and so we are very excited. These instruments are remarkable. They allow a students to play as if they were in a seventiesius orchestra and it sounds like it. It's pretty cool. So we invite everyone in the community to come out for the special free concerts. It's performed by Bartlefield's very own students throughout the community that range an age from seven years old. We do have one dad that we're typical to have in this youth keyboard orchestra. His daughter started taking piano for Luca's Steel, fell in love with the piano and then just wanted to see if you could also play with the orchestra. And we're excited to have that because our next goal, after getting the use of keyboard orchestra off the ground, is to start actually in adult keyboard orchestra so that we get full use of these wonderful instruments that are also incredibly expensive. Each keyboard is around ten thousand dollars, so you can imagine that when you are putting all these instruments together, and you have to put all the sound equipment together. It gets very extensive, very quickly. So we definitely want to bring everyone out so they can see these remarkable instruments, see these amazing students. Lisa Steel and Tappy Stewart are our instructors, and so those who don't know who they are, they are two of the most talented, most lovely instructors that I have ever been privileged to work with. Lisa teach piano Kathy, I believe teacher's boys, along with also string instrumentation, and I'm not sure what her womens are. She seems to know how to do so much in the musical world. Of of course, she I think is also with the director over a music director over at First Presbyterian Church. So both of these ladies are fantastic and phenomenal. Their students love them and learn so much from them. The concert will be conducted by Maestro Mark Beckliff. We're excited to have him back. He conducted our first keyboard orchestra concert at the festival with these students and he is now returning and we're so glad to have him back. And if I might, Tom, I just wanted to give a shout out to all of our students who are playing, because I don't know if they get to hear their name over the radio. But if that's the case, can I give them a shout out? Let's do that, all right? We have Addie Brown, Vincent Chin, Heidi Droje, Daisy Droje, Nick Do and Naya Gonna Sakara. TJ. This is the dad Gonna Sakara, Kaylie Khan at least from Sorry, Alice Later, Coorra Miller, Sebastian Miller, Malan Wynns, Adeline Nightingale, Jojo Mee and Joe Knee, Andrew pan hard Of Shay, Alice Lou, Eric Loue, Andy Zoe, and Andrew Zoo. And so we are so excited for these kids again. They ranged in age from seven all the way up to fourteen fifteen. And then of course TJ, the dad who will keep his age young at heart. He's going to join this ensemble for an amazing night. And I think people will really be impressed when they come. You know, you don't really know what to expect, I you know, sayed Keyboard sace Pana growing up, and so in my mind I sort of thought I knew what it was going to sound like the boy. The first time I heard their concert during the festival, I about fell out of my chair. I was like, oh my gosh, this is amazing. And so these kids do a remarkable job. And they're going to be playing favorites. They're gonna be playing songs s Mannheim, see Mooller still not. They're going to be playing Christmas Brooks, so Tomenbaum, Tchkosky's over Church to the Nutpacker, Trans Siberian Orchestra of Parallel of the Bells, and then they'll be doing some mixes the jingle Bells, the first and while Dexa hal Taco Bells, Cannon and d And I think it's going to be a fantastic concert.
Speaker 1: Tom My, goodness sakes, that sounds like a fantastic contract. I'm gonna have to see it myself now. That's coming up Friday at the First Presbyterian Church that's fifth and Dewey Downtown. It's right there by the everything and uh and what time are we starting off again?
Speaker 2: Friday, December thirteenth, seven pm, First Presbyterian Church. Go on to Okay music dot org and learn more information about it. The dress We've had some folks asking of how to dress, and I've it's been telling them, you know, it's a free concert, and come dressed in Christmas attires. So whatever that means to you. If you want to wear a TACKI Christmas butter, go ahead. If you want to dress up like you're going to Christmas service, that's okay too. These kids are going to be all dressed up and decked out for Christmas. Weare and we're excited to see them and we're excited to hear them perform. It is going to be an amazing concert. They have been practicing gosh, I think now for like three four months, so they have really been pouring their heart and full into it. And it's going to be a really amazing concert.
Speaker 1: Wow. And again that's the keyboard orchestra. And this may just be the first in the world of this kind and it started in Bartlesville. I like that.
Speaker 2: That is true, and we are excited and we are again very grateful to Lease the Sale and Kathy Stewart for pouring all of their heart and full into this project and for making us a possibility for the students.
Speaker 1: Okay, and we can find out more at the website. That's okay, kmusic dot org, dress Christmasy whatever that means to you. And remember it's a free concert. But you know what, it doesn't hurt to give a hearty applause because that applause is going to be well deserved for those kids. And that's like money in the bank.
Speaker 2: That is very true. And if people would like to make a donation so that we can purchase more keyboards, we will not say no.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah grace or sakes no yeah, goodness thing. And of course if you want to make a donation between now and years in, you can do that on the website, I believe correct.
Speaker 2: Yes, they can go to akamusic dot org and there is a donation A box will pop up that we'll ask for if you would like to sign up, and it allows you to also make a donation.
Speaker 1: All right, Mary Lynn Mim, thank you very much for being with us. And Friday night is going to be the night. It's going to be the Keyboard Orchestra and it's going to be at First Presbyterian Church in bartiswill seven o'clock be there. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Tom hav a merry Christmas