Speaker 1: Ripped news needs so you don't have.
Speaker 2: You come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Show Shooter's gonna help coming man, This is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm Tom Martino in the Mothership today having Car Friday. That's what it is. Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. This hour brought to by Genesis Totalexteriors dot Com for all of your exterior maintenance and now mold mitigation and eradication the honest way, Genesis Total Exteriors of Lifetime siding called align Siding Genesis Total Exteriors dot Com. Welcome Car Day, Car Friday. What's happening? Well, whatever's on your mind. It doesn't have to be about cars. But I have a number of things I want to talk about. I want to talk about leasing. I've decided the cost of money and the cost of cars and the cost of let's just put it this way. I used to think leasing was not a great idea. I think leasing is the best idea. Leasing is the most logical smart way. But there is a big giant pitfall when leasing, and everyone falls in it. But if you could get around the pitfall. I'm going to show you how it's wise. It's wisdom to lease in many cases. Now, remember I told you the leasing part has to do with if you do it right, if you do it wrong leasing, and most people do it wrong, leasing is terrible. So there's a lot to talk about leasing. The acquisition is where people get screwed. They pile on stuff they normally wouldn't pile on when they're purchasing because they have an artificially low payment, which takes the entire advantage out of a lease. The other thing is if you can't, and I'm telling you this, you will never and I mean never. I don't care what incentives they offer, you will never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever ever ever have a good lease. If you terminate early or you put on too many miles, do not do it, You absolutely positively will have a problem. The other thing, people say, what if I want to buy my car at the end of the lease. Nothing wrong with it, but I recommend that you don't, and we'll go over why and we'll talk about it. Three zero three. Well, I mean, I guess if it's an extraordinary deal. There have been some leases lately Jeffar Cars with us Rodney. There have been some cases where cars actually ended up being worth more at the end of the lease. Around COVID time, when you were coming up on a lease, your car was worth more than you could buy it out for and you had the option in some leases to buy it out right and then you keep it or sell it right. Put that might near your mouth. There persa right, weren't there a lot of cars coming up more expand I'm worth more than the residual.
Speaker 5: Right, And that's because of the lack of manufacturers cars that were out there, which brought up the price because we couldn't get cars and manufacturers wouldn't be able to produce them so and the new cars were not getting any used cars because they couldn't replace their used cars with a new car.
Speaker 4: Exactly. You can text me five seven seven thirty nine. That's the iHeart app. But you can also go directly to my phone seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty that is my Google number. Forwards to my cell phone that's seven four seven nine nine eighty. And another thing I want to talk about. Somebody said, what do I do about political texts? Well, everyone that gets political texts can opt out. You opt out, you can't avoid the first ones. If you're a registered voter, if you're independent, you're going to get them from both. If you're Democratic Republican, you'll get from one or the other. But political people have a pass when it comes to the no call list. So the first one's free, or the first few when you opt out, they should honor it. But I'm going to be straight with you. No one's going to with No one's going to go after him if they don't. Okay, that's the truth. Let's talk to Kent. Hi, Kent, I'm Tom Martinez. What's going on?
Speaker 6: Kent?
Speaker 7: Good morning, Tom? Can you hear me?
Speaker 4: I'm sure, Ken Kent? What is happening in your life?
Speaker 7: In April of twenty twenty three, I hired a company called Turfin r Fin.
Speaker 4: Apostrophe Turfin and that is a landscaping company or what I'm just guessing.
Speaker 7: It's a landscaping company that specializes in synthetic turf installation.
Speaker 4: Turfin and it's an off of a Surfin I guess so. And this was April of this year, right, So what happened.
Speaker 7: Pearl of April of twenty twenty three oh of.
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty three. Sorry, okay, got it, go ahead.
Speaker 8: I have a.
Speaker 7: Issue with his performance to the contract. He installed the turf, and initially it was great, and it's been out in the sun a year and a little over a year, maybe four months.
Speaker 4: How much city installed?
Speaker 7: About five thousand square feet? Okay, not insignificant. But you know he's not going to retire on my job.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of turf, bro, it is okay, yeah, it is. It's a lot. So what happened?
Speaker 7: He did not take the scenes down and they started coming apart and they're showing straight lines in the turf. So I sent him a email or excuse me, that text and ask him if he'd come out as he said he would do.
Speaker 4: Now, can I ask you something? When you said he did not tape the seams down, you're talking as if that standard. I don't know what standard. I'm asking you. Did you find out that was standard?
Speaker 7: I have since found out that was standard, and he just used the big yard pins to nail it down, and.
Speaker 4: That is okay. Did you have another company come out and say this was done wrong?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, keep going, bro, keep going, But you know.
Speaker 7: I'm Okay, as long as it is he comes back and tighten up the seams. You know, I'm not a professional. I trusted his judgment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but in the meantime, Yeah, but okay, now does turf does the backing on the turf and the tape keep weeds from coming through?
Speaker 7: Well? He put down a weed fabric, which was good.
Speaker 10: Okay, he did install that good.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what are we having now? Are what do you want right now?
Speaker 7: I want him to fix the scenes and I want him to do what he said he would do in the contract and what he wrote in the contract, And it says there was a low area next to the patio that was water was pooling, and it says we'll build a retaining wall to help level the area so water no longer pools near a patio.
Speaker 4: How much how much would you pay for this job?
Speaker 7: Too much?
Speaker 4: How much would that be too much? Sixteen sixteen thousand? Okay, So here's what I want to know. When was the last time you talked to this guy?
Speaker 7: I texted him this morning and he told me Turfin has gone out of business.
Speaker 4: You're done.
Speaker 7: A new company. Apparently you're done. He's got a new company.
Speaker 6: Okay, you're done.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's what they do. That's what they do. They start LLC's, they end l Warranties are only as good as the company. I don't care who it is. I love my companies on the referral list, but truly, when they say a lifetime warranty, like, I'm not picking on anybody. I love them all, I really do. But if you get any one of them they say a lifetime warranty. Let's take Elite garage Floors, by the way, the wonderful company. They do the best job I've ever seen, Elite garage doors, and they say garage floors are guaranteed for life. Okay, Now, if Tony retires and goes out of business, who's going to do those floors? I mean unless you sell the company someone who takes over that, which they won't. No one will. I'm not singling out anyone. This is everyone in the world. Everyone who has a lifetime warranty. It's the lifetime of the one backing the warranty. Now, if they do it repeatedly and there's a pattern of deceit and corruption, that's different. If they do it now and then it's business. So if this guy sold a lot of stuff with warranties and then purposely went out of business because all of his claims. And you get together with other consumers and prove it and blah blah blah blah blah. But normally people don't do that and it's not worth it, and these sole practitioners know that. So this guy is just what was it just an LLC? Or is it a big corporation? What are we talking about here?
Speaker 7: I don't know how big it is. All I can tell you is, well, wait a minute, let me see. So he changed the name of the company to something very similar, synthetic Turfin LLC.
Speaker 4: He could call it Turfin number two. I mean, he could call it. Listen, they can dissolve the LLC and they can reinstitute a new one and they don't have to honor the past unless there is fraud.
Speaker 7: I think I'm hinting, hinting to fraud.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you can hint all you want. A fraud can I want? I want to help you, right, So I'm not being a smart ass. You can hint all you want, But so what tell me what's fraudulent? Tell me? You tell me where he committed fraud and again. When I say this, I'm not challenging you. This is an example for people listening who think that they're going to be able to get something done. I want to know. Tell me what he did. This's fraudulent.
Speaker 7: He said he would intall install a French train.
Speaker 4: Okay, do that? All right? Hold on, all right, hold on. He breached the contract. The damages are you have no French strain. Now here's here's what would be fraud. Fraud would be if he never intended to do it, and he went ahead and charged you for it, got paid for it, and never intended to do it, In fact, intended to take the money and not do it. But he went out of business. And he'll say, your honor, I was going to do it. I ran into financial difficulty. I had to dissolve the company. Yeah, Kim, I probably think you're right. He probably is a scumbag, especially if you find I'm doing more and more of these. Now, what is the guy's name, by the way.
Speaker 7: Brian Richmond, Brian Richmond Company. He's in Firestone. Okay, company names Colorado Colorado Turfin with an apostrophe, synthetic turf company.
Speaker 4: Well, what you ought to do? What you ought to do is let people know online reviews and as many reviews as you can do, especially up in his area. That's what you can do. I'm serious. It's you're gonna have less energy and less money spent having someone fix it.
Speaker 7: But since he's dissolved the first company and started the second one, I can't go to small claims or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Well you could try, I mean, you know that'll clust you fifty bucks. That's not a bad idea. You could sue him personally claiming Listen to this, now that the LLC was a disregarded entity and you were really doing business with him personally, and that he didn't here's what you're going to allege. He didn't have the he didn't have annual meetings, he didn't have minutes, he didn't keep records as an LLC. It was a sham, and that he is personally responsible to you. And when he signed the contract, he signed it as you know, personally, let him prove it was through the LLC. I mean that's a shot, right that the guy might that the judge might give a judgment against him, might sue him personally, though, don't sue the LLC. See what happens you could you could possibly win. I'm Tom Martino three h three seven one three two five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine to zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here? Do we not have no YouTube?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: No, there's nothing we can do about it. Tom, Is the laptop down because I might have? I might have had that. That might be my problem. Do you want me to get I can have somebody recycle it if you want to try that, we can. I think I might have. I think I was doing commercials in my studio and may have because of the fan. I might have put it in sleep or something, or put the top down. Are you finding it? Not responding it? It's not seeing the camera and the connection. So I'm gonna I'm gonna see I'll call over to the studio and see if we can get that recycled. For those waiting for YouTube, thank you, and we will try to get on that. I'll call you in the next break. Three oh three seven, one three eight two five five. So Tony's got a question on maintenance. Not sure what kind of maintenance? Oh on a Ford twenty twelve Ford f one fifty, guys, let me just ask this straight up. With normal weight maintenance, an F one fifty, normal maintenance, that's one of the most popular cars in the country, right, vehicles with normal maintenance? How long will and I mean this now, how long miles or years? Well, let's go miles because it could be years. How long will that last? How long will without any major repairs just regular maintenance?
Speaker 6: I think one hundred and fifty pretty.
Speaker 4: Easy with no major problems, no majors, as long as you do all the maintenance. Do you think that jet thing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's about right.
Speaker 11: So I mean you can easily get two and three hundred thousand miles out of those trucks as long as you, you know.
Speaker 4: Come up around one to fifty. Then what would be the first major thing.
Speaker 6: Most likely a transmission you.
Speaker 4: Thinks, Okay, then what we then bottom end?
Speaker 6: Yeah, just front end stuff and in turn.
Speaker 4: Radiators. You know that kind of basically would ever need a job an engine engine?
Speaker 6: It shouldn't if you take care of it.
Speaker 4: Really, now, Tony, what's your question, sir?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 12: First to comment on the turf guy, Yesh, I'm in the business. Uh, he essentially paid a little more than three bucks of square foot if he did five thousand square feet, sixteen thousand dollars. I have never bid a artificial turf installation job that costs less than ten dollars a square foot. Wow, I've already put in fifty thousand square feet, I mean five thousand. I think he just he spent five thousand dollars, I mean fifty thousand dollars right, So at sixteen thousand dollars for five thousand square feet, he got what he paid for, honestly, because I can't even believe the guy and the material will cost more than that. I don't know how it was done. It cannot be good material at their installation, and also the walls he's going to install walls and include those dollars crazy good price, so he shouldn't feel bad about that anyhow. Uh, yeah, I have an F one fifty twenty twelve to recently rated as the greatest used truck in the history of the planet because two hundred and twenty thousand miles. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. I'm just wondering, what, since it's got so many miles, what am I missing? I've changed the training oil and you know you're not missing anything.
Speaker 4: Bro, You're doing everything right. Yeah, you do what you're doing exactly. I want to ask something. How many miles you said? Two twenty? Wow?
Speaker 12: Twenty?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're doing great.
Speaker 12: People look at my truck. You know you can tell from the front end what year it is or what range of years it is because of the headlight and the grill.
Speaker 4: Yeah. If you're that much person, I can't do Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but uh, people look at my truck and say, why.
Speaker 4: Do people love that truck so much? I mean, do you tell me, Tony.
Speaker 12: I'm not I will never I will never drive anything, But.
Speaker 4: Tell me what one I mean? I I mean, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying, what do people love them so much? Why are they? Do they have beautiful interiors.
Speaker 12: I've got the platinum trim. It's fantastic. Uh, it's so comfortable. I mean I'll just never drive anything.
Speaker 13: Sure sure, sure, wow, So okay, well I just wouldn't make sure I was Well, guys, I mean you just heard them say that if if it's moving, it's grooving.
Speaker 4: So you don't do anything until you need to, you do your regular maintenance.
Speaker 6: And he's obviously doing it. Well yeah, yeah, well.
Speaker 12: I'm to him. I use by the way, they're a great shop. I love Scottie. What's that budget A one?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah schmid Mark, Yes, he said budget one transmission it sent down on Santa Fe.
Speaker 14: Right, yep, yep, yep, Mark mcclaus.
Speaker 4: I think it's Machowsky Mark, great guy, great people.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So all right, so listen.
Speaker 4: You're you're doing well. Now you're going to come up on a transmission soon. What will that cost there, Jeff?
Speaker 7: A transmission because you're still a four speed, no sixty six speed.
Speaker 14: That can cost up words getting you know, around the sixty five hundred dollars Mark.
Speaker 12: You know, when it comes to a training, I mean I just had the training oil change or flew a change, and uh they did a complete checkout and said, everything looks fantastic, and when it comes to time to replace the training, it's probably time to replace the truck.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know. I mean it depends if you like you know, I'm serious, it depends. I mean you could, but there you could actually if you replace that trainee, get another?
Speaker 6: What get another?
Speaker 4: It's really up to you. At this point. You did the right thing by you did the right thing by just keeping track of this. Do you know how much they're going for in your vintage with all that miles? Do you know what they're going for? What do you think?
Speaker 12: I'm afraid to know. Probably five thousand.
Speaker 4: Dollars No, no, way, more twelve to fifteen yeah, twelve to fifteen thousand birth yeah, I mean come.
Speaker 12: On, okay, well that's better than I thought.
Speaker 4: Well actually, no, your trim package is more. Absolutely yeah. Didn't you have the best? Uh yeah, pretty good? Pretty good. I'm telling you, uh hey, you can't. There's a reason they're selling out selling everything in the world right now, as far as most dependable brands. J f R Cars brought this in from Consumer Reports. Now, remember I want to tell you something about consumer reports. It's this organization obviously is credible, but they do everything on surveys. Okay, keep that in mind. They don't go out and actually research it, not that they need to, but and surveys are probably some of the most can be some of the most accurate. But people who have problems report more than people that love what they have. Well, well, actually, I should put it two ways. If you absolutely love perfection and everything, if you're extremely happy, you'll make noise, or unhappy you'll make noise. The mediocre, the middle customers don't make noise, and it's hard to get them to do surveys. But and we don't know the actual realities. You could have somebody who said I had nothing but trouble with that truck or car, and really it was minor and with the right shop it wouldn't have been nothing but trouble. So you'll get a faulty survey. I get that's just the way it is. But if you do go by the surveys of consumer reports, Lexus is number one for quality or for reliability. I'm sorry, Toyota's number two, Mazda's number three. Now I defy that Mazda price me as we come y, guys. Number four is accurate. Number five is Honda. I don't know. Let's talk to Mike. Mike, you're talking about a Dodge Derrango two thousand and two. Yes, Hi, Tom, Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 14: I bought that two thousand and two Durrango in two thousand and four and I still have it. I bought it with thirty thousand miles on it, and I have two hundred and sixty thousand miles on it.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, what did you do to it?
Speaker 14: I just just regular eight AND's I put a radiator, a starter, and an alternator on it. That was it so far. But I just kept care of it.
Speaker 4: Well you are taking care of it. What are you going to do with it? Just run it till the wheels fall off.
Speaker 14: I guess I'm not gonna I was going to get a truck and sell it, and now I'm not going to get much money for trade in, so I'm just going to keep it until it falls apart.
Speaker 4: Now, people people who buy vehicle and run it their money ahead, or people who lease. I think the weirdest thing you can do is what I've done. I think I have wasted a ton of money on cars. The way I bought them in the past, and I pay for them, and I think it's stupid, it's a bad use of capital. I'm learning so much about this as I actually did the math. I used to want to say, well, I own it. I didn't want to payment, I didn't want to mess with anything. I just wanted to own it. And it was a bad use of capital. It was literally costing me way more money than if I had leased it. And now this is not in a time of my life where I was putting on a lot of mileage. That's different. Financing can be a bad thing, and of course it all has to do whether leasing or buying. It all has to do with acquisition, with purchase, with the initial cost. And that's where most people get screwed on the initial costs, especially with leasing, because your payment, as I say, is artificially low because you're only paying for the use of the vehicle. Dealers have a tendency to pack the payment that takes out all the value. Right, don't you think, Rodney, you're you're leasing guy was here? What a great guy. What's his first name? Bob? Bob? What a good guy? Now, Bob said, they don't do that he'll he'll let you buy whatever you want, but he gives you the raw numbers, right.
Speaker 6: We don't pack the numbers. We give you the numbers.
Speaker 5: And and you know the challenge is when people go in and say my payments, I want my payment five hundred dollars a month.
Speaker 6: Well, they're going to.
Speaker 5: Do everything to make sure it's it's five hundred.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And then well here's the problem. They're they're comparing a lease with a purchase and there could be a two or three hundred dollars difference. Right, So if there's a two or three hundred dollars difference, the dealer says, hmm, I'll get him to within one hundred dollars. She thinks he's getting a deal. You have just destroyed the benefit of a lease. So we'll talk about that coming up. If you have any questions, you can call as well. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer, Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. Three o three seven one three talk through a three seven one three eight two five five. Waterpros dot Net the best water systems, the lowest prices ever bar none. Oh do I love water pros and you will too. Now let's keep going here. Okay, and by the way, oh, let me give you the number for water Pros three oh three eight six two five five five four. If you're gonna get one system, I would go with the reverse Osmosis fourteen hundred bucks drinking water, but you can also get the softener. And then, hint, hint, I'm gonna hit them up during the holidays for another special on the whole shooting match. Uh okay, now, Vernon, I'll take this call. It sounds like a quick one. You want to give kudos. I love kudos. Where you gonna tell me how handsome I am?
Speaker 16: Go ahead, Vernon, negative on that all right?
Speaker 11: No, we're talking about maintenance on vehicles. I got a f one fifty that has two hundred and forty thousand, My.
Speaker 4: Love, I can't believe all these high mileage guys doing great stuff.
Speaker 11: Wowka and Uh, Cody and Sean at silter Hard and UH in their service department. They take good care of me.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: That's good because silter Hart changed hands, but they're still good people.
Speaker 11: I'll tell you what. I got a couple of good service guys that are great, and I've been going there since so too.
Speaker 14: So they're not.
Speaker 11: I just do regular maintenance on my truck and it runs.
Speaker 6: Like a top.
Speaker 4: Good good good. Hey.
Speaker 14: So the other words.
Speaker 11: The other kudos is Tony garage doors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not garage doors.
Speaker 11: He did my floor and my patio outside and it looks outstanding. I've never met a guy as great as him.
Speaker 4: No, he is a lot. He is so dedicated.
Speaker 11: Oh man, he he came over, he was he was not feeling good. He did everything that needed to be done. And I was shocked when he did my patio.
Speaker 14: How nice it looks.
Speaker 11: And it's always outside, so I don't even have a cover on.
Speaker 4: Mark found him and used him right, and I had already and I had already gotten someone to do my floors before that who wasn't on the referral list. We didn't know anyone. I just tried to find someone. And it's the tail of the tail of two floors. Marx was ten times better less, it's still perfect. I've actually had a little bubbling, a little chipping, you know what I'm telling you. It's one of the areas, unfortunately, where anyone can get in the business. You just buy the stuff and you're in the business. But not everyone deserves to be in the business. Elite Garage Floors, by the way, let me let me make that clear. ELITEGF dot com. That's the website. You'll never find better. You just won't.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I can say this about certain people on my referral list based on actual experience, Like when it comes to concrete lam landscaping, this guy's a perfectionist pain in the ass, perfectionist pain in the ass, perfectionist painter, Steve the painter. Oh my god. I mean, like, I love these people. Now they're small, well they're getting big, but but they don't want to be giant a perfectionist roofer. They are big excel roofing. I mean people. I didn't last forty five years by by giving out bad names. Every once in a while, we may hit it a little wrong, we get someone who but we've never had anyone just screw people, or never have anyone just really really bad. Thank God. Right now, Bill's got a comment on auto leasing, which I wanted to go over and to go home. Bill, what did you want to say?
Speaker 17: Okay, you forgot that.
Speaker 7: You said it.
Speaker 17: I didn't hear it. You forgot to tell them. See what I did was I leased my car for three years and then with COVID and everything, I put fifteen hundred miles on it and I bought.
Speaker 7: It at the end of the lease.
Speaker 4: That's all right, Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so I got a brand new car almost And I know what was You.
Speaker 4: Know right, you bought a used car from yourself. You did it right. And people can do that if they like to keep cars a long time. That is not a bad system. It really isn't. And in that case, Rodney, in that case, we may have to call your lease guy. But I think I asked in this if I go over miles, but I'm going to buy it for myself. I don't pay a penalty right to the leasing company. I just know, I just pay the residual. If I'm willing to pay the residual, there's no downside. It has a little more miles. But here is the downside. You want to know what it is if I put too many miles on it and I buy it from myself for the residual. Let's say it's a forty thousand dollars residual. Technically, if I took that forty I might be able to find another car like mine with lower miles. Technically if I over miled it.
Speaker 6: Right right now. But you know the history.
Speaker 4: That's that's the point is you know how you treated it, and you're not going to lie to yourself like Tom, did you take good care of it? Yes? I did? Tom. You know you know if you did or not. That's that's the important thing. Now I'm going to go over leasing coming back. We got more coming up. The trouble for your show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. Comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five hive. Now, I'm gonna give ridiculous numbers because ridiculous numbers help bring home a bring home the story. If if you wanted to buy a really fancy car over two hundred grand, okay, the monthly payment on that extraordinarily high, I mean giantly high. If you put cash down, you tie up maybe two hundred and fifty grand two hundred and forty I'm talking about like a g Wagon. And by I'm just having fun, I mean I could have run these numbers on any car. But it does show because no matter what car you buy, it's all going to be about the same relatively the same, meaning the spreads. Now, if you do a going lease payment for a g Wagon for thirty six months, at the end of thirty six months, you will have invested one hundred thousand, one hundred and one thousand. Now that's at the end of three years. Now you might think that now that, by the way, that's a lot of money. Okay, But if you bought that, I mean a lot of people buy them. A lot of people listening to me buy them. Okay, Now make that cheaper. You could have fifty thousand in a lesser car. It doesn't matter. I'm just doing this because it's fun. Because it's a lot of money and it's fun. So let's say you have one hundred and one thousand dollars invested. At the end of three years, you tan that back, you walk away if you want. Okay, Now you might think, my god, you just wasted one hundred and one time. But listen to the idiots that buy those. Now they're putting out two hundred and some thousand dollars. So they had for that three years an extra an extra one hundred and fifty grand. Not working for him, That ur one hundred and forty. That one hundred and forty was not in their bank or not in investments. It was not working for them. It was sitting there doing nothing, done zero and at the end of three years now they have to sell that vehicle or trade it, they will never ever, even though you think you will get as much as the residual value, here's why you think you will, but you won't. If you trade it, you definitely won't. If you try to sell it, you may, but then you have to pay. I mean, if you want to go buy another car sales section, I'm telling you that you will never and you'll never make up for the money lost on the one forty. You had out for three years doing nothing, doing zip nothing, nothing, And if you stay within mileage, you literally if you admortise what you could make on the one forty, even at a T bill rate, and you figure the walking away, the no maintenance and the three years. Yeah, you spent a lot of money, but you had a g Wagon rank. Now apply that to any car. You are miles ahead. Literally if you can do that with any car, if you're going to finance that, the finance charges, the finance charges would be more, way more, and you'd be financing the whole thing. And again you would have a substantial down payment if you wanted to keep the payment even reasonable, and you'd have more of a cash outlay, not only would you have more capital outlay, but you'd have money you couldn't recover on any level, whether it's this you know, being fun over two hundred, or you buy a car for seventy or eighty or sixty. If you can stay within the miles and stay within the years, you are golden. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two ripped up news that you don't happen.
Speaker 2: Come running just as nat as we can show.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help, Come man, This is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven to one three talk is our number. But you can call three oh three Martino twenty four seven three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Okay, it's a Friday, be happy.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: The good thing about a four day weekend last week is that it's a short week this week, so you have four and four. Yeah, so welcome, and we're here to help you solve, solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. It's not really a four day weekend. It's a three day weekend. Three day sorry. Sorry, So anyway, we're here saw solving problems for you. It's car Day today. I have Kevin Colkin from Sheridan Auto tech dot com. We have Jefffick Transmissions Denver dot com, which is camera transmission. We have Rod Greer with jfrcars dot com. He's a car dealer extraordinary. We're talking about leasing and buying and all that. If you have comments, then we have Gary on the line. Wants to talk about mortgages. So we talk about anything about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. But one thing I want to say, since it's car Day, I I know the country says the country says, and not just the country government and incentives say, but people say, electric cars are good. I don't I don't know if it's a majority of people, but evs are getting popular and EV's are considered good, they're considered well, they are can I don't know anyone. Maybe some people hate them, but most people see they're pretty good. I love I love the do give an electric car. Here's the problem, and I'm just going to say it because I don't know why, but we are not rewarding people who buy electric cars. And I'm going to tell you why. We simply do not give them resale value. And I say we because that's what it is. People do not. They are the worst buy you can make for a new car, the worst.
Speaker 6: Well, you're but your your savings is on the front side.
Speaker 4: What's that Your.
Speaker 5: Savings is on the front right by the all the government stimulus and if.
Speaker 4: You qualify and get them right, you're right. But you really really are going to take a hit. Oh big, I mean, I don't. I don't understand why though, Why do they depreciate so much? If you have a Model S Tesla and you drive it moderately and you love it, in three years you don't have much left well, I think, and you you have at least seven years left on the battery, right.
Speaker 5: I think they're overpriced in the bit on the on the front side.
Speaker 4: I don't know. If you pay ninety six grand for a model ASS one hundred grand, what are they? I mean, I'm telling you, when you look at cars dot com, you want the best deal in the world, buy a used electric car. Holy crap. But they're bad deals new I don't want them to be. I mean, I had my eye and a couple I never pulled the trigger, mostly because of my wife. She just I mean, she doesn't want to be electrified.
Speaker 18: But tom, look look at the deal I got on my on my Corna. It's a beautiful car, same thing, ten years, one hundred thousand miles. The out door price before taxes and title was twenty.
Speaker 4: Seven Nobody can believe that he got. Oh, I'll show you the No I believe you so, But okay, so, but I don't know about your resale. I don't know how I can go down much, but it will. But the model, the Tesla's are the ones taking the biggest hits. Maybe I should qualify that the two oh Rivians too, but they're.
Speaker 6: All high in cars though. I think that's the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but a lot of high in cars carry some good trade and value. My God, that that g that I that g wagon I had, I got as much for it when I trade that I when I sold it used.
Speaker 5: I think that's probably the exception of then the rule, because the most car, most cars, that has the most fat, he has the.
Speaker 4: Most fat, the most appreciation. Right if you overpay. Let's talk to Gary about mortgages. Go ahead, Gary, what's going on?
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 19: I got a quick question. I don't understand. Basically, I guess how mortgages work. Maybe I'm not thinking of it correctly or something. I don't know the inside tracks. But anyway, let's I bought a house down car Springs where I live at in two thousand and eight for one hundred and thirty nine thousand on paper, and I financed it and with the VA, so it's covered with the VA loan. It was a refinanced for once to get the interest right down to like four and a half percent. Now, so I've been living in the house for fifteen years and it's one hundred and thirty nine thousand on paper, but it's been assessed value wise, it's going up a couple of times. So right now it's worth about two fifty. But my question is, after having lived in the house for fifteen years, an interest right now at four and a half percent, the principal balance owed on it is like one hundred and nine. So I've only paid out thirty nine thousand in fifteen years, right, I don't understand. I mean, because I understand, you know, over a period of time, you know the estro is short.
Speaker 10: So they I'll.
Speaker 4: Tell you, I'll tell you why, Gary, it's it's it's a little difficult to understand. And I don't mean for you, I mean for everyone and for me. But they're not amortized like a regular loan. They right, Well, here's what I mean. If you had one hundred thousand dollars loan that had simple interest, you would pay that, you would make a payment. And here's how to look at it. If it was interest only at ten percent, one hundred thousand you'd pay. You'd pay ten thousand a year in interest, right right? Ten percent? Okay, and that ten thousand, So if you paid ten thousand a year, your balance would stay at one hundred. If you then took and made principal payments every month, your principal payment would go down accordingly and be subtracted from. So if you made a fixed payment of a certain amount of money, your fixed payment would go against the principle and interest evenly. So you'd pay that ten thousand, let's just call it, like eight hundred bucks a month would go toward interest. None of that would come off your principle, but everything above that would be off your principle. And then each then each month your interest would be less, okay, and you would pay it off quickly and you wouldn't have that. That's simple interest on a mortgage. On a mortgage, you pay interest first, they amortize it, so the investor gets interest first, and then you start. So over a thirty year loan, roughly half of it is mostly interest and the other hands is mostly principal. It's done. It's done to attract mortgage bonds and interests and investors. Okay, you don't wait, you don't get little. If they had to wait, interests would be higher. For example, if I was going to loan out one hundred grand and have it amortized over thirty years, I wouldn't do it for thirty for dividing my interest by that many months, I wouldn't do it, No one would do it. But if you get a lot of your interest upfront, or even points upfront, that's a whole different topic. That's that's a hit you get and you get to keep it. Like for example, if I gave you one hundred thousand dollars loan, I want two points, you literally would pay two percent to me two grand just for me doing it, and I, you know, I'll just and then I get to keep that, plus I get my interest. So the point is this, there's an amortization schedule, and the only way to understand it is to look at that schedule, and you'll see in the beginning you're paying pennies on the principle, and it gets more and more and more and more and more. Okay, that's what it is, right, and then at the go ahead, Oh, I mean.
Speaker 19: That's kind of what that's kind of the point of my question is. You know, it's been there for fifteen years and it doesn't seem like I've paid off very much. But it's like, so now as I've kind oft made that midway mark, I should start seeing more start coming off the principal.
Speaker 4: No, you unless you refly when you refi, you don't keep the same term, you go back to thirty Okay. So that's the problem. To see a lot of people when they refi, they ReClock the loan. That's the bad way to do it. The right way to do it would be to refight to get the lower interest and keep the term where it is. That's the but that's what people don't do, and a lot of places won't do it. So here's another thing to keep in mind. If you took a thirty year amortization schedule, you got to visualize this and look at each payment as a line. One through twelve is the first year, right, and then thirteen through twenty four the second year. Okay, look at each payment as a line. You'll see on the first line there's a certain amount of interest and a certain amount of principle. Here is what you can do, but you must do it with a schedule. You take the line you're on and you make that payment. Then you go to the second line and make that principal payment only right now, See when you do that, the next payment you make will be the line after that. You have skipped that entire line by just paying that little bit of principle. If you do that every single month, eventually you'll be paying a lot of principle. But it'll take a while. But in your fifteen years, your thirty year loan would have been paid off.
Speaker 19: Right, Yeah, I want to. I mean I made my payment religiously every month and on that lead.
Speaker 4: And by the way, people don't have to have a fifteen year loan to do it. You can have a thirty year loan and you can self amortize it to thirty. You just go to the next line of principle. The next line of principle, you market principle. They must take it off. Do not make double payments. People make the mistake of making double payments. You don't have to pay interest in advance, simply pay principle.
Speaker 19: Yeah, if you were making an additional payment, it should be strictly principal and.
Speaker 14: Not to go to the right.
Speaker 4: And there's no reason if you're going to stay in the house to do anything more than the principle on the next line. In the beginning, people get bold because they see how small the principle is. A I want to do more? Who you can if you on, I guess, But then it gets to be uh, then you get higher up on the principal scale and it gets your payment climbs quickly. It's however you want to do it, But you can do that on your own, and I recommend that people do it whenever they can, whenever they're flush, they should do it and reduce principle. But you go directly to the principle and you'll love it your your loan. It may not affect the payment you're making on interest, like you're still going to have the same level payment, but it affects the term of how long you make that level payment.
Speaker 19: Yeah, because I mean, I bought my house to job nate and I'm I'm not complaining because I have a house right and I work in an apartment complex and Collin Springs and what they're ready pharmis for is more than my mortgage payment.
Speaker 10: For a bed o.
Speaker 4: It's terrible. It's terrible those who took advantage of low interest rates and own they're golden. We have more coming right up. I'm going to talk about a question on insurance homeowners insurance and also the no call list. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter at three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Dan McKenzie is an estate planning attorney that I hope you never need, but everyone needs it, you know. I mean, I hope you don't need a mine tomorrow, but get an estate plan mackenzie Law. He's on the referral list at referral list dot com. He's a good guy and that's uh eight three three Coe plans. And somebody asked me about Excel roofing. They said, Tom, is it true? Now? They want to know this, is it true that I don't have to sign to have somebody look at my roof? Because I say, Excel doesn't make you sign anything they they claim. This person claimed from another roofer that it's for liability that if you don't sign something and they get hurt, then you have to pay for it as a post and your homeowner's insurance as opposed to their workers comp because you're not hiring them. That is the biggest crock of crap I have ever heard. If a roofer comes to your house to look at your roof to see what you need, you don't have to sign anything. Their workers comp would still cover them if they're on the job. They don't have to be being paid to do a roof to be on the job, so they're on the job for the roofing company, not for you. And so don't ever sign anything at the door. And Excel will never make you and they'll never take your first insurance check or your second insurance check or your third. They just pay you pay when you're done. E x C LXL roof dot com. I want to make that clear because I'm pretty pissed at these people that make people sign. So let's talk about insurance, Brent. What's going on with you and your homeowner's insurance? How can we help you?
Speaker 16: Hi?
Speaker 14: Hey for taking me?
Speaker 20: Yes, sir, I'm so last year in June on the twenty third, when the tornado went through, I was where it almost kind of started. It didn't completely form, but it was strong enough winds and things to do a fair amount of damage to my house.
Speaker 4: So it was wind damaged, wind damage. When was this wind damage? And hell wind inhale.
Speaker 20: The June twenty second, Yeah, twenty okay, got it?
Speaker 4: Twenty got it.
Speaker 20: And so I'm dealing with the siding part. I think, well, I'm kind of got that. But basically my fence was damaged and it it broke, the broke off from the bottom the So you're.
Speaker 4: Siding your fence. What else? Did you have a roof problem too?
Speaker 14: Yes, they fixed the roof already.
Speaker 20: Got that's a whole nother actually dealing.
Speaker 4: Roof, siding, and fence. By the way, you could have had, uh Genesis do all three of those. Okay, So anyway, so ask your question then about your fans.
Speaker 20: So they've kind of preapproved that. Now, the first contractor came out didn't do a great proper job of the evaluation of things. This is part of what I've been battling with the insurance company. And I got a new contractor and he's done a lot of help. But they agreed to have several posts replaced at the beginning. But when the new contractor came out and said, oh no, these are all these are like broken, broken free. We need to replace, you know, a lot more square footage. So then we sent it back to the insurance company. And now they're saying, oh, well, we looked at the pictures and they we were deeming.
Speaker 14: That this is.
Speaker 20: Oh guy, what's the what's the wear and tear?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 20: And I'm like, and I talked to one of the managers over at liber and I said, Hey, how is this possibly wear and tear? When the when the wind was strong enough to completely break it free from the pence post in the ground.
Speaker 4: Well, here's what they're saying. If your fence was deteriorated, falling apart and the wind just did it in, that's what they're saying.
Speaker 11: I do it wasn't.
Speaker 20: That's what I was trying to tell. I like, I can climb on the fence, I could wiggle or not. I try to wiggle the fence, but I couldn't wiggle it. The thing was standing. There's nothing.
Speaker 4: So they're claiming part they're claiming part of your damage is wearing tear. Is that correct?
Speaker 20: Yes, Yes, that's what I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 21: I'm trying to figure out their little to say of skin so well, I don't like insurance, so they reduced the claim by how much?
Speaker 4: Tell me how much is at stake here?
Speaker 20: Well, the whole fence, I would say is probably like a six thousand dollars job.
Speaker 4: To and they're saying they're not going to pay six grand.
Speaker 21: They're saying they're not nothing. How much you're not going to cover They're not covering any part of it.
Speaker 20: No, well that's what they that's what she just told me. But they actually preapproved that they were going to take some posts. But now they're backtracking saying they're not going to cover any Now I'm.
Speaker 4: Going to tell you what to do. All right, you're going to say this. If you don't say this, because this is what I would say, I don't think you'll win, but this is what you do first, then call us back. You're going to say is this a recorded line? If they say no, say well I hope it is. If it's not a recorded line, please take notes. I have a policy with you and I have an expert, two experts, or however many tell me my fence has been destroyed by the hail. You guys did not have an expert come out, but evaluated that claim by photos, and you claim it's normal wear and tear in Colorado. If I take you to court for bad faith for not paying a legitimate estimate and claim, I will get treble damages. I am putting you on notice that if you do not have someone come out here and meet with my fence contractor and give me a good reason, I will be suing for treble damages.
Speaker 20: You got it treble, trouble or trouble.
Speaker 4: It's triple really, but they call it treble in the law. This she'll know what you mean. He'll know what you mean. Please do that. You remember you're a policy holder. You had experts, You had experts on site determine this. They determine by photos alone. You do not need it and as normal wear in tear in Colorado, you're entitled to sue for bad faith if they ref use to pay a legitimate claim and estimate, and you are putting them on notice that if they don't have someone there to meet with your people and to determine it for real, you believe the decision is arbitrary and you're going to sue for trouble, damages for bad faith. Just say that, please and call me back because they're going to say, okay, we're going to pay Okay.
Speaker 14: Now, one last thing I do.
Speaker 20: I do know this from what I've understood, is she did explain to me the meaning the manager of liberty that it also depends where the fence lines up on the actual property itself, whether they're going to pay.
Speaker 15: Half or not.
Speaker 4: Okay, now that's true, and that let me tell you why. Because if it's your fence, they pay for it all. If it's your neighbor's fence, they pay for none of it. If it's a split fence where people pay half in half, they're going to pay your half. That's you got to figure that one out.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, I kind of figured so was one of the things I was going to do. I just wouldn't want to invest.
Speaker 4: But listen, your eight jo A would would dictate that with a joint fence agreement or if it's right on the line, you usually split it. But if it's if it's set back into your property, it's yours. If it's set back onto theirs, it's theirs, call us back when you find out, and wait till you call them too. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five Mike Scott questions on a no call list? Mike, what is your question?
Speaker 22: Hey, Tom, thanks for taking my call. I remember you had a caller maybe in last year, talked about using the statutes to sue these UH selectors call you right, what was the procedure for that? And then two now they have these third parties calling. How do you approach getting at the instigator of the call rather than the third party.
Speaker 4: You don't have to the third party is the one.
Speaker 14: Violating, Okay, but they're or something.
Speaker 4: Well that's true, that and that's true. So then you would go to the company. Here's what this person did that called us. They gather enough information, even if they have to become a lead, to find out who's calling them, and then they prove they're on the no call list. They put in a complaint with a state, and then I believe there's monetary damages awarded. So you sue them in small claims court for the violation. It's that simple, but you have to get enough information. You can't. I mean, obviously, if they don't give it, if they're COI. If they're so, you don't tell them up front, you're suing. You get them enough information, pretend you're a lead, and then get the information. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your cover at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Suzanne, what's going on with the nursing home? Suzanne? What's happening? Suzanne? What's going on?
Speaker 23: Hi? Yes, Hi, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 4: How can we help you?
Speaker 23: Well, okay, here's my problem, Well, not my problem. Well it's been delt on me. If you will, what is it? But okay? Twenty fourteen, I was crossing the street at the crosswalk with my boyfriend at the time, and we got hit by a drunk I was speeding with no insurance. That's what the hospital told me when I woke up from my medical induced coma. My god, I've been at different nursing homes through the years.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you did you ever let me let me ask you something, Syne back in twenty fourteen when this happened to you and afterwards, did you ever sue or get money from this other driver's insurance or from him or from anyone.
Speaker 23: I did hire an attorney and he told me I got X amount of dollars, which with a lot of money. And I went to his office and I didn't even have a checking account at that time, so I only took one thousand dollars in one I called him back to make another withdraw once I got a checking account. He said, you took it all.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, and Suzanne, this is serious. This was back in twenty fourteen or two thousand fifteen when you actually got the.
Speaker 23: Settlement fourteen when I got here.
Speaker 4: But when did you get the settlement in twenty fourteen or fifteen or sixteen?
Speaker 23: When I don't know, probably at least a year or two later.
Speaker 4: Okay. The problem is we have a statute of limitations, meaning it might be difficult to go back after the attorney. Who was the attorney back then.
Speaker 23: Todd bovoo?
Speaker 4: Is he still around?
Speaker 23: I believe so, but I don't even have access to.
Speaker 4: It, because you should ask for your.
Speaker 23: Complete phone nowadays.
Speaker 4: You should ask do you know what the final settlement was?
Speaker 23: I mean, come on, it was like fifty some thousand.
Speaker 4: And you got one thousand dollars of it.
Speaker 23: Yeah, and he told me that he gave it all to me, and I told him, I said, well, then I don't remember what nursing?
Speaker 4: What is his name? Todd?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: How do you spell his last fall?
Speaker 2: B o v oh?
Speaker 14: I believe And okay.
Speaker 4: I want to get our personal injury expert on to talk about this. I want to ask him a question about it. Hold on, all right, I just want to find out. I think we're going to have a problem with the statute of limitations. Uh, can you are you looking for him, Kevin? I'm not. Do you see him anywhere? Personal injury attorney b o v oh, Todd? Do you see him? Is he still around?
Speaker 6: Bovo law, Elsie Bovo law.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want to talk to John Fuller just in general about p I personal injury after this many years, I mean, she should get a full accounting now. It is possible because it sounds like she had a close head injury. I mean, she was in a coleman all that. It could be she's not remembering. I mean, I'm not saying I'm not accusing her of that, but it could be. Wow, Deputy bow what's going on, Deputy bow? Hey?
Speaker 16: I went out to Ron's apartment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, here, let me explain this. Let me explain this. Ron called and said he has a leak from his ceiling and he said it's coming from his AC unit. They replaced the AC unit, but he still has it coming in. Then he said the only way he was able to stop the water was turning off his water heater, which I had no idea what he was talking about. Later on, people told me that apartment houses sometimes have water cooled and water heated water based systems, and it could be his water heater sharing some of that with the unit in his place, the air mover, and that it could be moving over a water coil, and that could be happening, but we had no idea and all we know is we had to put eyeballs on it. You were in the business, in the HVAC business, What did you find?
Speaker 16: So I went out there and actually when he called, they were actually the apartment complex who was replacing the coil. During the call, he was at work. So by the time I got out there, like at seven o'clock at night, they did the work.
Speaker 7: But he has a very simple system.
Speaker 16: He has a water heater, okay. And the water heater does double duty. It provides the domestic water for shower shink and it also heats the apartment.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 16: The water heat has a scoil up in the attic. So it was the water from the water heater that was causing the flooding, okay. So, and it was when the when it developed the leak, it was like forty pounds pressure. There was significant amount of water got it.
Speaker 22: So but what the bottom.
Speaker 7: Line is there?
Speaker 16: The story is that the apartment complex is charging him fifteen hundred dollars for the repair. They said it's his responsibility. And I called the property manager this morning twice left the message that's certainly not his responsibility. Because they said he caused the leak, but it's from the water. It's the hot water system, and he had if this thing's up in the attic, he had he had, no, He has no cause for this.
Speaker 4: How could he have caused a hole in the freaking coil.
Speaker 16: He's they're claiming that he was running an air conditioner at the same time, which just didn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 7: There is an air conditioning.
Speaker 19: Coil up there.
Speaker 16: It runs off a free on from a condensing unit that has nothing to do with this leak. It was from the hot water heater that heats the apartment.
Speaker 4: So I put a so even even in the summer, when you're not using the heat, that water is still circulating through that coil.
Speaker 16: Yes, it circulates through the coil and through the domestic system.
Speaker 7: There's two.
Speaker 4: Got it.
Speaker 16: The good thing is they did repair it and he doesn't have any more leaks.
Speaker 4: Good, that's good news. Well, we really have to help him with this. They're charging him for a cleanup and damages. That's b man.
Speaker 16: I already put in two goods and I'm going to explain it to him that it's, yeah, his fault.
Speaker 4: Cool. I appreciate that Deputy bo. That's great news. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martina Here, by the way, we are talking cars at a Compass Insurance will do that insurance check up. The Insurance Helpcenter dot com three oh three nine nine six nine three h three nine ninety six nine thousand. Get an insurance check and make sure you're not paying too much too little. If you have a great deal, they'll tell you they're honest people. Now, Gary wants some advice on his dad's Oh no, I want to go to John Fuller hold on real quick. I got John Fuller before the end of the hour. Here, John Fuller, Attorney a law I want to ask you something if someone had she's not on the line right now. But if she had a settlement back in twenty fifteen or sixteen and she only got one thousand dollars, it was a fifty thousand dollars settlement. She had a closed head injury. Now could be she's mistaken, but she was in a koma closed head injury. She says she could really use the money right now, and the attorney's not answering her. Can she go back that far and demand an accounting or is it too late?
Speaker 24: Well, I think she can demand an accounting. I think most any attorney would. Would you go back into their closed files and pull up the distribution sheet to show her where them money went. As I understood it from from Kelly that there was Medicare and Medicaid involved. And so sometimes we have you know, callers that are in marketing facilities and stuff like that. They're also on disability and there are really strict rules about how much money these people can have to their names and still qualify for benefits. And so in many cases with you know, with special clients out like that, the money ends up being placed into special needs trusts and other vehicles that protect the money and preserve it for future use. But don't you know, invalidate their entitlement to those benefit programs. Oh, it could be any number of those, you know, type of scenarios. I just don't know enough about this car and urcades.
Speaker 4: But that that sheds a lot of light. You're right, it could it could be. It could be. Maybe even they could offset some of that, couldn't they by reimbursement or not?
Speaker 24: Well, you certainly they would have had to pay back any outstanding subrogation that was you know, that was spent on her behalf, right, like medical bills and stuff. But that I mean that would happen in any settlement, but there would always be some left over. But some of these programs, like Medicaid for an example, if you get more than two thousand dollars in a month, you can lose your Medicaid benefits.
Speaker 20: And so we need a client.
Speaker 24: That needs those benefits. You have to protect that money and place it into certain trust vehicles that will you know, that will preserve the money and only allow it to be used in small portions for special needs, but not to land lump some in their bank account and result in you know, essentially doing more harm than good by by invalidating the benefits that they need so much. Very complicated stuff, but we run into it all the time.
Speaker 2: Tom.
Speaker 4: All right, well, thank you you shed some light on that. John Fuller. Always demand to go to if your looking for information on your personal injury, what to do? Where to go the collectibility what it's worth? Personal injuryco dot com three oh three five nine seven forty five hundred. Now Gary's turn again. Okay, Gary, sorry, but what is your question? Gary?
Speaker 14: Hey, my father died May first.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry to hear that. What's going on?
Speaker 14: And he left my niece as the personal representaity okay, And I don't know how much the estates were, and I don't know. I understand that if it's not worth eighty thousand dollars, they don't have to go through pray.
Speaker 4: Well, it depends if there's real estate or anything that has to be it's it's if there's no real estate. Was there any real estate?
Speaker 14: Well, he needed the house to my nephew.
Speaker 4: Before he died on dead Yeah, on death you mean with a beneficiary deed?
Speaker 14: Yeah, before he before he died, he neated it through my nephew.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh my god.
Speaker 14: Fun death if needed.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on and we'll come right back to you and try to answer this. I'm Tom Martine. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: So you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running just as fast as can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come Max is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five or three oh three Martino. You can call twenty four seven three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. If you leave a message, we will get back to you. Gary needs some advice. Gary said that his father died in May May. First, his niece is the personal representative, and he, I guess, is trying to find out about the estate. So, Gary, the house was deeded on death to your who nephew nephew, and you knew that was gonna happen, right?
Speaker 14: Uh no, No, but I'm yeah, No, I didn't know that was going to happen.
Speaker 4: Was there a reason you were left out?
Speaker 14: Uh? You know I got three brothers, Well, I got uh two brothers that are alive, and uh, my brothers other kids are his representatives. So there was four beneficiaries and uh no, none of us knew that was going to go down like that, and we don't know why.
Speaker 4: Uh, so tell me what is your question? I mean, what is your question today?
Speaker 14: I want to know my legal rights because I don't think things are going uh according to law as far as uh, she's the personal representative and according to the will, uh, the house was deeded to her brother, which is my nephew. And then uh uh the the remaining uh content of the house and is good, We're supposed to be split among the four beneficiaries, which is me and my three brothers.
Speaker 4: What I don't understand is Okay, you and your brothers, who are his actual sons, got hardly anything, and the nephew got the house. What did the personal representative get.
Speaker 14: Well, I think she was on the bank account. And how much did she get Well, we don't know. We can't get an accounting of anything as far as the estate goes. And I want to know how to proceed to get.
Speaker 4: Okay, good idea. I'll tell you what I'm going to ask our state attorney Kaschina. Let's ask Dan McKenzie or one of the other fellows at Kieling Park. Okay, so we'll ask somebody. You hold on, we'll get you some advice on how to proceed. Three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five. What's going on, Raina? With with the sorry with the uh Mercedes dealer? What's going on?
Speaker 25: Hey, Tom, it's Raina. Thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 25: I have this client who is dying. He's on his deathbed and he wanted to buy a Mercedes. He's a teacher, former military, want to buy a Mercedes. Go across the country and go look at the ocean one last time. Oh, Frank, Mercedes. I know that this is after.
Speaker 10: It is and this is after his wife's passed.
Speaker 25: And he's telling me he has almost no money at this point, right, he's on fixed income, and they spent all of their savings on cancer care. And what's really sad about it is he she died shortly after.
Speaker 10: The cancer care.
Speaker 25: They basically took their entire life savings, and he said it was worth every penny of it, even if she only lived for a little bit after that. So he is just salt of the earth kind of guy. He goes to Mercedes Benz and he tells them he wants to buy a Mercedes. I say great. He says, I have this Toyota Avalon that I'm fully paid on. They say, great, we're going to give you twenty thousand dollars for it. You come in with five thousand dollars down payment and will put you in a forty eight thousand dollars Mercedes. And therefore your you know, your monthly payments aren't really going to be that high, right because you're only really putting a lean about twenty thousand. And he says, great, that worked out. I can pay three hundred or seven months.
Speaker 10: So he buys the rest.
Speaker 4: Well, what is the prognosis on when he was going to die.
Speaker 10: He tells me.
Speaker 25: He's dead man walking. This is the post that happened, and he has he's so proud of himself.
Speaker 4: He's like, you know, how long ago? How long ago did he do this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 25: I would say that he's been living the sale vehicle?
Speaker 4: Yeah, when did he buy it?
Speaker 25: Gave me just a second and I can get that for you.
Speaker 17: I mean, this is just a.
Speaker 8: Couple of months ago.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's all I need to know. It was this year? Is this when is he supposed when? I mean when is he supposed to die? Seriously, I mean, is is he going to die? Or is this just a guy who's saying he's dying?
Speaker 25: No, No, this is this is for real. So he's been kind of on his depit for a while, but he's still kroud of himself. He's like, I'm I'm beating all of their marks. I'm beating all their marks recently.
Speaker 4: And so he traded in a car and.
Speaker 25: What happened car? Okay, So what happens is what he doesn't realize is they put thirteenth thous dollars worth of extended warranties and maintenance contract on this car. Now, mind you, he doesn't need any No.
Speaker 4: I get it. I get exactly what you're saying. We can have all that stuff removed. Probably, I mean, if it was just a few months ago, I did. So they packed again. They packed the deal with a bunch of crap.
Speaker 7: They packed the deal.
Speaker 4: What's the name of the dealer. What's the name of the dealer.
Speaker 25: Yeah, it's Mercedes Benz of Colorado Springs. So that's the trade name. And it Phill Long is who owns it. Bill Long Auto House is the owner. But so let me.
Speaker 7: So he does that.
Speaker 25: He realizes, okay, this happened in February. He realizes that he's paying way too much every month.
Speaker 1: So he goes back and.
Speaker 25: He's like, I want to return this car. I can't afford this. I'm on a fixed income. And they say you can't return it, which is okay, all right, there's no return policy. He's like, fine, let me just buy my car back, and they say, okay. Now instead of just he.
Speaker 4: Just screwed him of Oh my god, I wish you would have called us then. So wait a minute. So then he decided to buy his car back.
Speaker 25: He says, I'm gonna buy the car back. But instead of doing what you just did, which is telling him, hey, you can get money back if you cancel your service contract, they don't do that. So they could talk get the money.
Speaker 4: So what did he do?
Speaker 25: They let him trade it in. Yeah, clire thinking.
Speaker 4: He traded it in, and then what.
Speaker 25: Okay, so he traded in the vehicle. They sell him his own vehicle back for four thousand dollars. More so he set the table with four thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: All right, wait a minute, he he had he had traded in a car that was paid off. What was that car worth.
Speaker 25: As a toda to Avalon They say it was worth twenty thousand, which I would agree probably a round twenty.
Speaker 4: So then how does he end up owing another four grand after trading in the Mercedes?
Speaker 25: So the Mercedes gets traded in for thirty nine thousand, which is exactly his loan.
Speaker 16: In the mouth.
Speaker 25: Okay, so the lean gets wiped out?
Speaker 4: Yeah fine, hold on, but the twenty grand. Okay, the loan got wiped out. And then what.
Speaker 25: Well, so really the issue is because he paid thirteen thousand dollars in those service contracts, he basically traded in Historia Avalanch just for those service contracts, right, right.
Speaker 4: But when he bought it back though, right? Now does he have his old car back?
Speaker 25: He has his old car back.
Speaker 4: Here's a wall. I need to know net net. What is the out of pocket? Now listen carefully. I don't care how they finagled it. What I want to know is the day before he went in to buy this Mercedes and the day after he got his car back, what is his net out of pocket that was not recovered. I'm not talking about money that was put in the deal. I'm not talking about anything. I'm talking about hard net money out of his pocket. How much.
Speaker 25: He paid in total, nine seven hundred and fifty dollars in cash, and he has a lean on the Avalon for the full purchase price of the avalon his Lian is thirty two thousand, six hundred and fifty three dollars.
Speaker 6: He never paid it all.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, the Avalon how much would they sell it to him?
Speaker 25: For twenty four thousand dollars?
Speaker 4: So he went in there and came out with his old car and a twenty seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 25: Loan, Yes, sir, And they sold him another service contract on the car that he already owned. They sold him a five thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Okay, but to some degree, Reina, Listen, these are scumbags, but to some degree, But to some degree, this guy is responsible for his own stupidity. Does he have a brain tumor or anything? Is Is his disability or death having to do with brain? No?
Speaker 25: But he What he tells me is that he had gotten out of the hospital. He was in active chemotherapy.
Speaker 4: He was exhausted, RAINA and waiting, RAINA, listening, RAINA.
Speaker 8: That's what's this.
Speaker 4: This is a screw job. Beyond screw jobs. Does he have a line of all the paperwork?
Speaker 25: I have all the paperwork.
Speaker 4: From the very beginning.
Speaker 7: The only things I.
Speaker 25: Don't have are the signed service contracts.
Speaker 4: I don't care about that. You have the very first time he bought the Mercedes, and then the deal he made trading it back in. Yes, sir, did he deal with the same sales person each time?
Speaker 23: That I think he?
Speaker 12: Still?
Speaker 4: I don't know, Reina. I need you to send me that stuff. I need to look at the contracts. Okay and okay, how long ago did he trade it back and get his old car?
Speaker 25: Let me find that.
Speaker 23: I believe that that was.
Speaker 4: On March.
Speaker 3: Twenty fifth, so.
Speaker 4: One month after when you said that he is a client. What do you do.
Speaker 25: I'm a lemon An Auto broad attorney in.
Speaker 4: Denver, so you are an attorney, Raina, I'm an attorney. Yeah, thank you for calling us. Let's work together and destroy this. This is the disgusting so I love it.
Speaker 25: Tom, thank you.
Speaker 4: Give me no, this is discussing. Give me that information off the air. Hey, Kachina, give her my private email please and have her send those contracts and that'll put us in direct communication. Thank you Raina for caring. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real state Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Earlier, a woman called. She obviously did not have her complete wits about her. She was in an accident and she had a closed head injury, was in a coma. She remembers being injured, going to an attorney, getting a settlement. She said she got a settlement of fifty grand. She remembers pulling out one thousand dollars and no other accounting. She said she used attorney Todd Bovo. We asked our personal injury attorney, one of our experts, John Fuller, how could this happen? He said, Oh, Tom, there are all kinds of things that could happen. First with her injury. It could be she's not remembering everything, or number two it it could be that there was reimbursement to Medicare or medicaid. It could be all kinds of things. And luckily a friend of Todd's was listening and Todd called us, so we can hear from him and just find out what's going on. And again we're not using any last names, We're not using any specifics here or just getting general information. So Todd, thank you for calling.
Speaker 26: Sure Tom, I'm a big fan, love the show.
Speaker 4: Thank you So when you recalled this settlement from years ago.
Speaker 26: When I received a text from this friend, I saw it to myself, I know exactly who this is, and I called in your show, and I was right. It is one of the saddest situations that I've ever encountered. She was initially represented by Frank Gazar. And what I want your listeners to know is that coming up is the most dangerous day of the year for pedestrians, and it was for this client.
Speaker 14: It's Halloween.
Speaker 26: Oh, and she was out and walking and unfortunately for us in Colorado, the Colorado minimums to be insured it's twenty five thousand, right, and so we were able to acquire the policy limits. And I don't think we charged her a fee, but she had hundreds of thousands of daughters and bills. Without going into specifics, she was an up and coming, vibrant, beautiful real estate agent and I talked to her. This happened, I believe in twenty fourteen too, yeah, fifteen, and I talked She reaches out every year. And so what I think your listeners should know, and what most people don't know, is that when you're walking around on Halloween or any other day and you get hit by somebody that doesn't have the right insurance or the Colorado minimum. If you have your own auto policy, your um or UIM policy that covers you like a halo, and it would.
Speaker 4: Have protected her. But she didn't have that.
Speaker 26: And they didn't have that, And so I visited her in the nursing home, and actually just a couple of weeks ago, I spoke with the fellow that she was with. These head injuries are the scariest thing that you can ever experience. These people lose everything, and.
Speaker 4: She lost her entire career, everything. But there was nowhere to collect, nowhere to collect.
Speaker 26: No, and we did the best we could.
Speaker 14: We always do.
Speaker 26: You know, we're in the business of making sure these clients can get So.
Speaker 4: Todd, let me ask you something. She remembers getting one thousand dollars. Was that accurate?
Speaker 26: I think it was much more than that, even though there were the the or bills, So yeah, I'd have to look at the settlement memo, but I think it was a lot more than that because we we negotiated with all the bills and say, listen, we're in the businesses providing this conversation for the clients, not paying hospital bills.
Speaker 4: Is she on disability right now? Yes, So she reaches out every year because she doesn't recall the details.
Speaker 26: Right.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's sad. That is so sad.
Speaker 26: She's a lovely, lovely woman and I wish her the best, and I just wish that there was some way to repair the brain after that. But it, you know, going out on Halloween it frightens me. And make sure all those kids are safe because it's dangerous, and you know, it happens more on Halloween than any other day. And God, it ruined her life, it really did.
Speaker 4: And you know, and so you explain stuff to her and then you inevitably get a call in a year or so.
Speaker 26: Oh repeatedly. And that's what's most disheartening with these brain injuries is it doesn't matter how many times that you explain it. It just doesn't sink in. And it's hard. It's hard to understand because this woman was owed millions for her injuries. She should have millions, right, and she was hit by the drunk FedEx driver.
Speaker 14: She wouldn't be.
Speaker 26: In the situation that she's in, right, she would at least have the treatment, right, And it's just so sad.
Speaker 4: You're right, there's nothing people can do when they don't have insurance and the other person has no net worth. So I got a question, is there a way? I never asked my insurance people this, I should Is there any kind of a way to get any kind of an umbrella that would cover you in these situations if you don't have an auto policy?
Speaker 26: I don't know there is relative Well if you even if you live with somebody in the home, could you ear covered?
Speaker 4: So you tried all kinds of options and she had nothing that she could go to other than this individual.
Speaker 26: Yeah, And what a lot of people don't understand is, like, you know, they had coverage. We could have sued and got a verdict for millions, but what good does that do her? When you have a a client that or a defendant that's non collectible. You know, you get a twenty million dollars verdict and the insurance company hands you a check for twenty five thousand, says you know they're they're on the hook for the rest?
Speaker 4: Right, So all right, well listen, Todd Todd Bobo, We certainly appreciate you shedding light on this, and you if the guy went to jail, Oh did the guy was the guy punished by law enforcement Todd by the way, did the guy get punished.
Speaker 26: Because it come from the other firm that had been resolved prior to coming to it?
Speaker 4: Okays?
Speaker 6: But okay?
Speaker 4: Usually yeah, I mean yeah, that is so bad. That that is so bad. I mean there's nothing you can do about it. Our state minimums are horrendous and insulting. They're insulting. Oh god, I'm Tom Martino, and we have more coming right now. I have Dan Mackenzie coming up. In fact, I want to ask Dan just real quick this I can get Dan in because he's a very busy man in a state. Where did he go away? I guess he went away? All right, we have more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hello Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Probid energy dot com. Probidenergy dot com for your solar energy needs and they do a great job. You can trust him. So that's probid energy dot Com. Okay, now I want to go back to the phones. Dan McKenzie is with us. Dan, thank you for being here. We have a quick question for you there, sir, Yeah, okay. Our question is with having to do with Gary and Gary uh said that his father died, and his father died May first, his niece is the personal representative according to the will, the nephew got the house, the niece got the bank account, but they don't know how much, and the other siblings are supposed to get something, but he don't know. He doesn't know what. How does he get information? Isn't that your question? Gary? What is your right to information?
Speaker 6: If any?
Speaker 14: Yeah? Yeah, exactly? How do I get an accounting of the will and an accounting of his produciaries? Because I'm hearing two different stories when my father was I'm trying to make let's make a real quick, simple deal out of it. My mom died in May of twenty three and my dad was ready to die. They'd been married seventy four years. My dad was ready to die then, so he went back to Kansas. He lived in the mountains here. He went back to Kansas for the winter, and he decided he wanted to come home and die in his house in April of this year. So he came home and my niece came out and was taken care of him. And sometime between the time my mom died, when my mom died, they went in and changed the wheel. And what my dad told me was he made my daughter and the nephew that got the house as because you know the what do you call it personal representation?
Speaker 4: What does this have to do with anything? You just want to know how to get an accounting, right, Dan, How does he get an accounting of the will? Well?
Speaker 14: Yeah, and how how the four uh, the four people that are supposed to be able to divide the stuff up? She divided everything up and said, Okay, this is what you get.
Speaker 4: This is what we get that, Gary, Gary, we get that. That's what an accounting is. I mean, you want to know if you're mentioned in the will and how you're mentioned you're not. You didn't get a copy of the will?
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 14: Yeah? I did get a copy.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well in that will? In that will, what does it say about you and your brothers? Because that's what you're concerned about. What does it say?
Speaker 14: Right? And said she's the personal representative?
Speaker 4: I get what does it say about you and your brothers? Gary?
Speaker 14: That we get everything that's in the house?
Speaker 4: Okay? And and did you get everything in the house? No, where is it?
Speaker 14: Well she split up a bunch of stuff and and put it in storage and says, okay, come get what you get.
Speaker 4: Oh well, then why didn't you go get what you got?
Speaker 14: Well? I did, And the furniture and everything else is still in the house. And I want to know where certain things are and and they have it shown up.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what do you do?
Speaker 14: Yeah, what do you do?
Speaker 4: Dan mackenzie, give them a chance to answer. Now, go ahead, Dan, You're not contesting the will.
Speaker 27: You're just trying to figure out how you get your stuff. Okay, Yeah, I mean I guess that this is it's just personal property. It's just stuff from the house you're trying to get.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Well, I'd like to know where the money went and the stocks and bonds.
Speaker 27: To well, are you entitled to that under the well?
Speaker 15: You have a right.
Speaker 27: I mean, you are in here.
Speaker 11: You know whether even if.
Speaker 14: Is she I'm sorry, is she entitled to it?
Speaker 27: I mean, it just depends on what the will says. And if you're I mean, if you're going to contest that will and say, hey, this will was made under you know, somebody was pressuring her to do this and inappropriately or some or she didn't have capacity, she didn't know what she was doing at the time.
Speaker 14: Those are the usual.
Speaker 27: Common way to contest the will. If you're not contesting the will, certainly you know you should get what you're in what the will says you're supposed to get, but they do have some time to figure that out. As far as you know, how are we going to make this available and how are we going to get it to you?
Speaker 15: And all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: Have you asked?
Speaker 4: Have you asked what the plan is? Yes?
Speaker 14: I've asked her and asked her.
Speaker 4: Will they give you information exactly?
Speaker 14: I can't get any information.
Speaker 4: But I think you did get information. I think she got the bank account, he got the house, the nephew and niece and you guys get the stuff in the storage unit.
Speaker 14: I don't know if she got the bank account or not. It doesn't say that in the in the in the will.
Speaker 4: You know, he brings up a good point. Let's just ask it like it is, okay, Dan, I've asked you this a million times. People always have questions about wills. They do they if they're not part of it, they have a question about it. Or if they are part of it but they're not the representative. Is there a requirement that the personal representative or the attorney or someone makes the full accounting of what went where.
Speaker 27: Yes to people who haven't interested in the estate, for sure, And even a disinherited person has an interest in the estate. As far as getting the will. You know, as we've discussed, the will is required like whoever has the copy of the will is required to lodge it with the county probate court. That means hand it over to the county probate court, whether there's going to be probate or not, they have to give it to them. And it's for this reason that people who have an interest in the estate can go see it. And if they haven't done that, if they're sitting on a will and they are not lodging it. They could be responsible for any you know, damages that causes that the people who should have received stuff under that will didn't get it because they didn't know what the will said.
Speaker 4: So does he have to have an attorney to do this?
Speaker 27: I mean, he's alreadyn't given the will, so I don't. I mean, that doesn't seem like that's really an issue. If he wants to contest the will, then yes, I would say, But.
Speaker 4: He doesn't want to contest the will what he wants to I think what he's saying is he has no idea where certain things are, and I don't think there's anyone that can compel anyone that all the niece has to say is I have no idea where it is.
Speaker 27: Yeah, I mean, I guess I'm not entirely clear. If he made a very clear request about here are the items I'm expecting, when can I expect to receive them? And how are you going to get them to me?
Speaker 4: And what did he ask? How much was in the bank account? Does she have to tell him since she got the bank account, it depends.
Speaker 27: On it to win through the probate process or not if it was if it just went to her through like some sort of designated beneficial.
Speaker 4: No, it was in I guess it was in the will. It was in the will, right, Oh, it was.
Speaker 14: She was a signer on the account.
Speaker 4: Never mind, never mind, then she'd okay, then it didn't go through the probate.
Speaker 14: Right, So when he passes in, she automatically gets.
Speaker 4: What was the special relationship with this niece and nephew? That got everything basically, Well, there.
Speaker 14: Really was no special relationship. I mean they came out here every year from Kansas when they were kids, and and they thought they were.
Speaker 4: Kids, and which one which one of the siblings? Do they belong to the youngest boy? And is your youngest brother? It's your brother, right right? Is he wondering too or just you?
Speaker 14: Yeah? Yeah, he's a strange. They will not talk to him at all.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, I don't know what to do about this, Dan, I think that you said it. Can he just go to the judge and request an accounting?
Speaker 27: Yeah, I mean, as that person you can ask the personal representative. You should have gotten a document called an information of appointment telling you what your rights are, and one of them is to requests and accounting and you actually do that to the personal presentatives say I would like the accounting.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And I did that, And she says, I don't have to give you an account.
Speaker 4: But you didn't do it through the court. Man, You didn't do it through the court.
Speaker 14: No I did. No, I didn't.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well that's what you do. You asked the judge to do it.
Speaker 27: I mean, you really shouldn't have to.
Speaker 4: And what you ought to do is you and your brothers. Let me just let me just cut this short because we have another call for him. You and your brother's call called Dan McKenzie. Give him the number off the air, please, kat China eight three three Coe plans Dan. Hang on because Sue has a quick question here. I hope it's a quick question. Hold on, Uh, Sue is right here, Sue? What is your question real quick here about probate?
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, I do I have a case right now that I'm looking seeking an attorney for for contested probate now duciary that has breached his contract.
Speaker 4: So what are you saying a fiduciary another at Joorney or the personal representative or who breached the contract.
Speaker 8: The personal representative. My son used to be the power of attorney, and then they took My sister went behind our backs during COVID and she got conservatorship, and she took away the medical part, the caregiving, and she put it onto her. I was my dad's caregiver, and now she's the caregiver.
Speaker 4: She's the caregiver.
Speaker 10: Now, well she was.
Speaker 8: My dad passed away yesterday. It was a third year anniversary. Okay, but this piduciary has breached so many gay tends.
Speaker 2: What could give me.
Speaker 4: An example of what this so called seduciary breached?
Speaker 8: Okay, First of all, he did not take care of the properties and they started going downhill. He took one hundred thousand dollars out of my dad's money to sue a family member that nobody else was suing. He has no right to miss appropriate.
Speaker 4: Who is this he? Who is he? What is he? Your brother?
Speaker 8: He's a conservator?
Speaker 4: Is he your brother?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: He is no reason was he appointed by the courts?
Speaker 8: Somehow he was appointed? My sisters went on a witchland. I guess they did this all behind our back.
Speaker 4: Who appointed blind guy conservator?
Speaker 8: It had to be the courts, and both of those sisters must have tried to call and find out how they could go about getting my son off of the power of attorney because they were jealous.
Speaker 4: But all I okay, where was he appointed conservator while the guy was alive or after he died?
Speaker 8: Yes, my dad was alive and this guy has been us four years.
Speaker 4: Okay, got it, Okay, got it? Hold on, hold on, I gotta take this break. Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three h five five. We don't have a lot of time, so I'm going to ask Dan, Dan if there is we've had This come up a lot of times before. Mackenzie Law, Dan COEO Plans dot co. If you have somebody appointed a public trust, he or whatever they call them, and you're you don't like what they're doing, what do you do as heirs of the estate, what do you do? Especially with everyone's fighting?
Speaker 27: Yeah, I mean you have a couple. I mean certainly you can ask a court to replace that person something less traumatic than that. It's just that the person be supervised by the courts. Usually, in most probates, the personal representatives out there doing the stuff they need to do and the court's not really checking unless phecifically being half.
Speaker 4: We hear a lot of complaints though about conservators. Yeah, they're naturally hated because the family doesn't want them. Sue. I'll talk to you after the break, Dan McKenzie mackenzie Law. It's eight three three CO plans. But this is something we need to talk about because there's too many bad ones out there. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up.
Speaker 2: New need so you don't have come running Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 2: Come man, this is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Tom Martino. You're Troubleshooter. We're trying to solve problems. I apologize to Beverly. She's boon waiting so long. Beverly. I'm sorry we had these other issues come up. Now, Sue, I haven't forgotten about you in the probate and the conservator. We need to talk about that. And then Bruce wants to talk about a Chevy Equinox. He called in two weeks about ago. Hey, Beverly, what's going on with your Maytag washer? I heard that the Maytag repairman is the lonely That's not true.
Speaker 10: Well, I bought it on May second.
Speaker 4: Of this year, Yes, of this year, okay.
Speaker 10: May second, And it was fine until about a month ago and it started not washing and so forth.
Speaker 8: I went into Lowe's.
Speaker 10: Last week they gave me put in may Tig repair. There were six people that came up in the area. I caught off six of them, and they said they do not do warranty work, that I had to pay up front.
Speaker 4: Why I called wait, wait, wait wait, it's under warranty.
Speaker 10: Though, right, well, it's kind a one year warranty. I did not buy an extended warrant.
Speaker 4: I understand, but when and but you said you bought it this year.
Speaker 10: Right May second?
Speaker 4: Yes, well, then it's under warranty until next May.
Speaker 8: Right right?
Speaker 10: But the six people that I called under may may Tig Repair in.
Speaker 20: Denver, I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 10: They do not They do not do warranty work. I have to pay up front.
Speaker 4: But then do you get reimbursed? You did they say you would be reimbursed or what?
Speaker 10: They did not know?
Speaker 4: And did you call Maytag? I would call Maytag and say I have a washer under warranty. I don't want to pay up front.
Speaker 10: Okay, That's what I did. Next because Maytig is owned by Whirlpool, so I called may Tig and they wanted to know the course, the serial number, model number, and all. I gave them all that it was. I did not get to speak to a live person after I put in the serial number and the model number, and they asked me if I had the extended warranty. I said no, and they said.
Speaker 23: They just disconnected.
Speaker 10: I called them three times and it just disconnects.
Speaker 4: Come on, wait, where did you Where did you buy it, Beverly, Where did you buy it? Well, they need to help you. What did Low say?
Speaker 10: Well, the gentleman had had quite a bit of experience. He had worked for LG and a couple of others for the twenty five thirty years. He said he never heard of such a thing. He thought that I could just go and get someone from here to do the warranty work. So I called Whirlpool because that's who Wills maintained. Right, the same thing. They said, if you don't have any sended warny plan, we do not We do not take care of it.
Speaker 4: But you got a normal warranty. You got a normal warranty. I would take I would I would make no. What are the symptoms, by the way, how is it acting up?
Speaker 10: It's one of these with the sensor on it, which I didn't really like. It locks, and it locks the lid before. Well, then the sensor weighs the.
Speaker 4: Water and it adjusts the load right exactly.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and it does not lock, So therefore will I'm not go and watch.
Speaker 4: And the reason it doesn't lock is because they can't get the load right right.
Speaker 10: I guess the sensor must be off or something.
Speaker 4: But in the beginning when it did work, here's what happens. You hear a click, and then it goes, and then it goes and it moves back and forth, it shifts the load, and then all of a sudden it goes on and you hear.
Speaker 10: The water right exactly. And that's what won't happen.
Speaker 4: Okay, And I'll tell you I think I know what's going on, and I'm not going to charge you. No, Seriously, I don't know, and I'm not entirely sure it's a warranty issue. It sounds to me like a leveling issue of the of the washer. It'll level the load to a certain extent, but if the washer becomes unlevel, or the screws on the bottom in the in the legs, if that thing is off too much, it will not level the load at all. It because you're beyond what the sensor can do. I'm suggesting that's probably. I mean, that's what it sounds like to me because it didn't happen from the beginning. The up in your place.
Speaker 10: Low has sent someone out to do that, an installer, and they installed it for them.
Speaker 4: And did the guy when he did he use a level to level it.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I'm not sure I can try and level and see if it's level.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but but you should. And what you do is do it when it's off obviously, and you level, just see if it's level. If it's not level, I'm telling you something. It's not gonna level itself. The load will do. All that's for is is shifting load inside not but if it's too far off and it can't shift enough, it won't lock and it won't turn on. I mean, I had this happen to me. But do you have anyone that you know that could help you level it if it's not level?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 4: My son? Okay? Is your son handy or is he pain.
Speaker 3: Disney?
Speaker 4: Is your son handy?
Speaker 10: Yes, he's very handy.
Speaker 4: Okay, did you tell him what was going on? I did? And what did he say?
Speaker 10: Well, that was before I went to Low's and found out all this. I was on the phone all day yesterday trying to find.
Speaker 4: Did anyone suggest to you it could be a leveling problem?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 10: I didn't get to speak to any live person yesterday. Every number that I called.
Speaker 8: It was a It was a It was just.
Speaker 10: An animated voice. I didn't get to speak with any live person anywhere. They just hung up after saying do you have Plan one or Plan B? Which of the two? I did not find it terrible?
Speaker 8: I said no.
Speaker 10: And then when I said no and it disconnected.
Speaker 4: All right, Yeah, we're going to do.
Speaker 10: Got a year warranty from the factory.
Speaker 4: When you went to Low's, was there any one there you could talk to?
Speaker 10: Yes, the gentleman, like I said, there was quite He had.
Speaker 4: Been do you have do you have a name of anyone at Low's?
Speaker 10: Yes, Rex was the one that I talked to.
Speaker 4: And do you have a plate? Okay? And which Low? Which loads? Did you buy it from?
Speaker 25: Over?
Speaker 10: Off of a rap hole?
Speaker 4: Okay? A wrap hole?
Speaker 7: And what.
Speaker 10: I think it's a hole?
Speaker 7: And is it Dayton?
Speaker 4: And I don't know if it's on Dayton, is it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's over, it's right across room.
Speaker 4: Why don't you stop in there for her? Talk to Rex? Is that where where you are? Here's what I want to do, Beverly. I want you to talk first to your son and just ask him if he could check to see if your washer is level, and if he could adjust the legs if it's not level, to make it level. Okay. If it is level, perfectly level, we're gonna go into We're gonna call lows that Lows should not leave you hanging like this. They should intercede if you're having this much trouble. And Deputy Doc, I'm gonna give this to one of my deputies. We call him our volunteer of dubb Doc. He's gonna help you. We will help you get you know, get some attention. Okay.
Speaker 10: And that sounds okay.
Speaker 4: You hang on Dere First, I want you to check with your son though, and and Doc will even talk to your son if if he has any questions on what we're talking about. So hold on, Kitschina, get this information from Beverly for Doc. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Yeah, this is Uh, I'm sorry. People have to be more attentive. We're gonna come back to sue right after this. I'm Tom Martinez. We're gonna talk about probate and conservators and how that can really screw you up. One Clear Choice Garage Doors for your garage door needs. They have battery backup systems, Wi Fi systems so you can control your garage door from anywhere. They have time to close feature if you forget to close it, it closes automatically. And all kinds of new openers and factory authorized for most of them. And that is one. Clear Choice Doors dot Com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven won three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show eight eight eight Heating dot Com. If you're looking for someone to check your furnace before winner and you want honest opinion of old equipment being replaced, called the team three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six seven seven zero two seven seven six. Okay, the Chevy Equinox. What the heck you called in a while ago, Bruce, I'm trying to find your other call, So let's talk about that. We got our experts here, and uh let's talk Bruce, what's going on with your equinox?
Speaker 9: Hey, guys called you guys on a week a couple of weeks ago. But I had a twenty fourteen Chevy Equinox one hundred twenty five thousand miles and when it's very hot out I live in Texas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, fuel it was a fuel delivery problem, yep, exactly.
Speaker 9: And uh so we thought it was either the pump in a tank or the hYP right fuel pump. Yeah, And so I was looking, I was thinking it was in the tank. I thought it was that pump. So I'm looking these pumps, up online and my wife goes on the chat GPT figure this out. I said, hey, why why doesn't my car start after I fill it up?
Speaker 14: On hot days? And chat GPT came back and.
Speaker 9: Said, check your EBAP purge solenoid that's on. It could be one or two things. There's one on the motor and there's one at the tank. And so I changed the one on the motor.
Speaker 14: It was twenty eight bucks.
Speaker 9: Problem went away, never had a problem.
Speaker 4: I love Chat. I ought to invite Chat on the show on car Days.
Speaker 9: Crazy. There's crazy that I came up with that.
Speaker 6: So wow, oh yeah, that's actually a pretty common failure.
Speaker 14: It is.
Speaker 6: It is so pretty much so.
Speaker 4: So that I'm so happy that that worked out for you.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 4: You know, people use Chat for their car symptoms. I had, Hey, what did I say? Let's see what did I put in? One time I was having excessive smoke and leakage and some low pressure and they said, how old are you? I'm just kidding. I like Chat, though, I should have said on my car three all three seven, one, three eight two five five Back to Sue, Sue, Okay, I wanted to wait, so I had some time here. Let let's talk about this, okay. In we were having this discussion off the air, and I want to have it with you, and we had it with our attorney. Whenever in a state, I just want to say this upfront, whenever, in a state where people don't get along, whether no matter who it is, if the heirs don't get along and they hire a conservator, you can kiss goodbye about a third of the estate or more. Because conservators, what's that?
Speaker 15: I know?
Speaker 8: Believe me, it's been a nightmare.
Speaker 4: Yep. As soon as they take.
Speaker 8: Over, treated like a family dog because I'm the youngest.
Speaker 4: And here's the deal, sue. When a conservator takes over, they don't think in their minds, how do I take care of this estate for the heirs? They don't think how do I take care of the person? Here's what they think. And I don't give a good damn who's listening and who gets offended? If you're a conservator, the very first thing they think, how much is in it?
Speaker 8: Much money can I make?
Speaker 4: Exactly? That is the way of the world. So they wanted I've.
Speaker 8: Never wanted it to go there? See how to will they undid the will?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know why they did they claim there was undue influence. Is that why they undid the will? Uh?
Speaker 8: No, they did undid I really don't know how they undid the will or why?
Speaker 4: Well, only the court would let them, Only the court would let him do that. Did they undo the will after the death or before death?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: It was after the death, because you know, I didn't even get the deed until last year. My dad passed away twenty twenty one. Yesterday was three years that he has been gone.
Speaker 4: How many errors are there?
Speaker 17: Is?
Speaker 25: You?
Speaker 4: And who else?
Speaker 8: Me and a sister in California? Sister here and a brother that lives here.
Speaker 4: So there's four of you and the two that.
Speaker 8: Lived here split one of the houses the cost of the house. And then my dad gave me this house when my son, whom is forty, was five months old. Okay, And they made me paid for this house, but he charged me a lot more.
Speaker 4: Sue, because every.
Speaker 8: Time I hit on a point. Sue, madam raised the price of the house.
Speaker 14: Sue.
Speaker 4: Here's what counts. Okay, If there's four of you, do the other three? Are they satisfied? Is the conservator gone now?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: He is still here causing problems. He misappropriate.
Speaker 4: Wait after three years. After three years, you still have this.
Speaker 9: Yes, sir.
Speaker 8: And he did not do what he promised the repairs on my home. He broke his piduciary duties to me. He has done nothing but a disservice to me, because, like I said, there's twelve, fourteen and sixteen year difference between me and the other three.
Speaker 4: So, okay, you're giving me way too much information. I need to know this. Are the other three agreeing with each other?
Speaker 8: Of course they started it and my brother just goes along with it because he's scared.
Speaker 4: Okay, So the other three are not objecting to the conservator? Oh no, okay, then I'm going to tell you something to sue the will that in the will were you supposed to get an equal portion?
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, we were all supposed to get a quarter, and that has not been done yet either.
Speaker 4: Okay, So are you claiming are you claiming the are you claiming the concer? Is uh siding with the other three unjustly?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 8: Because he has left me out of every decision. When I said no to the sale of my father's properties, he was in real estate and he had some rental properties. He did not want them sold. Whenever anybody objected, it was supposed to go back to court, no matter who it was. It never reached that point because they went over my head like, don't worry about her. She's just a family dog, and we're just going to deal with this ourselves. Okay, Well that's how it made me feel like I've been.
Speaker 4: Both who said he who said it was supposed to go back to court.
Speaker 8: The conservator said if anybody in the courts when we had the meeting on the phone with the courts via you know and you call in. Yeah, they said that if anybody objected to anything in the will, it would have to go back to court.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 8: Funny how that never happened though, Okay, funny how the probate, I mean, conservators don't have a boss. That is not fair, that's right.
Speaker 4: Why But actually, though, the problem here is if the conservator was doing things against all of your wishes, you guys could all get together and remove the conservator.
Speaker 8: That's too late, now, way too late. Well, ye need a lawyer because he breached his fight, Sue.
Speaker 4: I'm going to tell you you do need an attorney because you may or may not have a good case after they review it, just because you disagree with a conservator doesn't mean they breach their duty. I'm not saying they didn't. I'm just saying whether you agree or not is not the standard they use. They use a.
Speaker 8: So that's why I know I have a Give me, just.
Speaker 4: Give me one element of proof that you have that he eached one element.
Speaker 8: Okay, he was supposed to upkeep these properties until we got the deeds, they were still considered to be rental properties. He did not fix the plumbing in my home and now it's wreaking havoc. And he did not fix the electrical panel that he said he was going to do, and we're having problems with that now as well.
Speaker 4: And there is a written document that says the estate is supposed to upkeep the house.
Speaker 8: Well, that's the conservatives job. Is a piduciary is supposed to upkeep the rental properties. Okay, keep them in amitting standards.
Speaker 4: Sue, that's not going to be that's not going to be considered fraud. Okay. What you need to do is you're right, you do need to talk to an attorney. But I'm going to warn you if an attorney neglects to take the case, that's going to be your signal that is not a good case. Now they're not going to work on contingency. Do you have a retainer for an attorney.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm going to have to come up with them somehow, because if my dad was in the military, surgeon.
Speaker 4: Sue, Sue, all of that, Sue, Sue, all of that doesn't matter right now. I'm trying to find an attorney for you. What I'm saying is this, I want you to know what you're facing because the other three are against you on air, Sue, you don't have to say too much. I'm telling you based on what you're telling me. Because the Conservator and the other three speak in unison and you're the odd man out. You're going to have an up hill battle when you go to court. There's got to be hard evidence of fraud and breach, hard evidence, not your opinion. I'm not. That's all I'm telling you. And here's what I'm going to tell you. I want when people call me, I think I do them as service by telling them the truth. It's going to cost you a five thousand dollars retainer upfront, okay, with any estate attorney, five thousand dollars upfront, and then you're gonna have to go through the motions. My prediction is if you are going to challenge the will and challenge what the conservator did, you're looking at a minimum of twenty five thousand dollars in legal proceedings.
Speaker 8: Those right, he tried to sue my son, Okay, and he lost that case.
Speaker 4: Sue You may win, but I'm just trying to prepare you. You're gonna have to have five thousand upfront, and it's probably gonna cost you another twenty just to get to court. That's twenty five thousand dollars. So what I'm hoping is if you win, it's going to be worth twenty five thousand to you because you will not be awarded attorneys fees. I'm just telling you most likely you will not be Now, if you want to call attorneys, I have suggestions for you, Okay. Dan McKenzie is one of them. He was on the show. And I'm going to give you the number, and Dan McKenzie will do it by the hour, and he'll give you an estimate, but it's going to be by the hour. He's a smaller firm, he's a good guy. It's eight three three COO Plans plans, Yes, co plans. P l A N s that he's local, but that's his number eight three three co plans. Now the other attorneys, I recommend that you check with talk to both of them. Here's what I like about these guys, Kiel and Park. I like both of them, Killan Park and Mackenzie. But with Keil and Park, they will give you a flat rate up front on what this case may cost. It will never go above that, it could go below it. Okay, they're at nine, they're at nine seven zero eight one eight eight eight. I wish you the best, but I'm just saying you got a real problem here because of the insurmountable and not insurmountable, the odds against you. When you have the other air siding with a conservator, it's very, very difficult. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 25: Time.
Speaker 4: I'm Martine your shobble shooter three oh three seven to one to three talks seven one three eight two five five. Bruce, what's going on with you? Bruce?
Speaker 15: Thanks for taking my call?
Speaker 4: Tom, Yes, sir, what's happening?
Speaker 15: Yeah? At my group in's apartment complex, she isn't getting mail. So I went to the post office and said, what's going on. I talked to the manager and she said, they've been so many break ins. Did they take all the mail going there? They take it in to the complex management office and give it to them, And they told them.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, wait a minute, so they don't deliver mail anymore. They just go to the office. Correct, All of the mail in the complex is delivered inside the office.
Speaker 15: Correct, instead of the mailboxes.
Speaker 4: And then you guys have to go in there to get your mail.
Speaker 15: Well, except one problem. They didn't notify anyone that that was happening. And this has been going on for probably three weeks.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, and wait a minute. So people thought their mail just stopped coming exactly.
Speaker 15: Come on, yeah, and so the.
Speaker 4: Well who didn't notify him? Like, whose idea was.
Speaker 15: It to drop off the mail at the management office? Yes, the post office.
Speaker 4: Why did the post office? Wait a minute, why would the post office do that?
Speaker 15: Because there's probably three and eighty units in this complex and the boxes have been broken into.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I got it, so Bruce, But when when they drop off mail for three hundred and eighty units do they separate them?
Speaker 15: Yes, everyone has their own box for their.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, so it's just they just moved the boxes inside. But management never put out a memo saying your mail's in here from now on.
Speaker 15: Correct.
Speaker 4: So when you went by your mailbox, you just saw it was empty. There wasn't even there wasn't even a note saying fu. I mean, you just didn't have mail.
Speaker 15: Correct.
Speaker 4: Come on, No one can be that stupid. All they had to do was put a sign up on the mailbox is saying come on into the office.
Speaker 15: They didn't, And they have a daily email that goes out and never notified anything.
Speaker 4: I find it so shocking. Is this run by Republicans or Democrats? I'm just kidding, Bruce. Listen, listen, listen, man, really, so what did that do for that three weeks?
Speaker 15: There's apparently a pile of mail in the management's office and the biggest office.
Speaker 4: Did they put up a sign after that? Have you insisted? Have you insisted they put up a sign or notified people?
Speaker 15: Well, this just happened yesterday. When I went to the post office and said what's going on? The manager said okay. They also advised them if they don't correct that within a specific date, they will return any mail that goes to that address return to sender.
Speaker 4: What do you mean, what do they have to do? I don't get you.
Speaker 15: Well, because the h the mailboxes for each year isn't secured. They've been broken into multiple times, so they dump all the mail with the manager.
Speaker 4: You told me that, and then inside they have mailboxes.
Speaker 15: No, no, no, they have a pile of mail. There's no mailboxes in the management.
Speaker 4: You said there was, man, you said there were mailboxes inside the office.
Speaker 15: I did not, Tommy, Well you did.
Speaker 4: You said each one has their own mailbox inside the office. You said that not ten minutes ago.
Speaker 15: Okay, Well you misunderstood me. There's a building that.
Speaker 4: Can you play that back? Dragon? Please? You said, yeah, Yeah, they separate it and everyone has their own box in the office.
Speaker 15: The mail people did until they could deliver into the mailboxes because they're getting broken in.
Speaker 4: So when they deliver I'm going to ask this one more time. When they deliver to the office, it's in one big pile. Correct, And so the only way people can get their mail is if they went through the entire pile.
Speaker 15: Correct. And they've never notified anyone in the complex.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, they're actually breaking the law, you know.
Speaker 15: Well, I'm glad to hear that. Also, Tom I wanted to add talking to the manager of the post office, they notified them. If they don't correct this, they will return to send her all the mail that they receive for that address for that complex.
Speaker 4: But so the complex has one address with a unit number, and that was that's what differentiates it.
Speaker 15: Correct.
Speaker 4: We need to call over there right away, I swear to God. We need to call this place. We need to call we need to call this apartment unit and this apartment house. What's the name of it. Well, I don't know if I even want it on the air. I want to. I want to. I really want to catch them in the act. I can't are you honest to God telling me that they're that stupid? First of all, the post office is stupid.
Speaker 15: Too well, I swear to God, Tom this is happening.
Speaker 4: I find this hard to believe, almost impossible to believe. Okay, okay, here's what I want you to do, Bruce Kaschina. Get the name of this apartment house off the air with the address. Get Bruce's phone number. We need to look into this. We need to look into this damn thing. I even want to get video of the mail. I want to see what the hell there's gonna be.
Speaker 6: Like fores of mail stacked up.
Speaker 4: It's been three weeks weeks in a freaking post of This is a major travesty, man, I'm serious. How many units come on, Bruce? They're they're dropping off three hundred and eighty units of mail in one office in a pile.
Speaker 15: That's what the manager of the post office for that zip code told me.
Speaker 4: Okay, but you didn't see it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I get a post I want to go.
Speaker 4: Hold on, Bruce, hang on, I mean you, I don't think this guy's making up a story. I want you to give a Kachina the name and address. I chuse me. The address of the of this apartment complex. Okay, in the office. Then you give me your name and address and phone number. I want to talk to you off the air. I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. Did you believe that story? I mean, I'm gonna check it out. Three hundred eighty units, Now, if each gets a few pieces of mail, let's just do the math.
Speaker 6: Okay, they gotta have fifty sixty boxes of mail minimum.
Speaker 4: So did you do the mathough like three hundred eighty Let's just say three to eighty with an average of three pieces. Sure, three pieces, so eleven hundred and forty or okay, one thousand pieces a day times how many weeks?
Speaker 6: Three eighteen days, six days, six days, eighteen sixteen, eighteen thousand pieces of mail.
Speaker 4: Just sitting somewhere unsorted, ye, waiting for people. What if you have checks coming, you have bills? Do I mean? I almost, by the way me personally, I almost don't get any mail. I mean I don't get bills and I don't get checks. I mean everything's online. What I get the junk mail? Yeah, but that I don't care about him by the trash.
Speaker 6: Can you read it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's exactly what I do. I go to the recycle bin with it. No, obviously, Yeah, you're right. But I'm wondering, though, if people depend on mail still for like their Social Security check or any other kind of check, or if they have bills that come through the mail. Do you guys have bills? Do you still get bills to the mail? Jeff, No, no bills, Rodney? Do you a little bit?
Speaker 6: But you still have your doc?
Speaker 4: Do you write checks and pay your bills? Do you actually write.
Speaker 18: I sit down every time, every tenth of the month and write out checks to everybody.
Speaker 4: Get off my yard. I want to know where my money goes. Get off my yard. Little what he writes out his bills? Oh my god, did you know that they got like electronic ways.
Speaker 18: I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Can you use your computer for that? I go on line. I don't even see the bills anymore. But that's that's a problem too sometimes because I want to see a train.
Speaker 18: Into one way or the other, and uh, I use my apogus and I'm fine.
Speaker 4: Kevincal can share at an autotech dot com, jeffvic Transmissions Denver dot com, Jeffarcars dot com. Ask for Rod Greer. He's a great guy. We got all kinds of stuff happening, but we're out of time. So remember, if you call three oh three Martino, you'll get help. Really, just leave your name and number three O three six two seven eight four sixty six. Save all your problems for me.