Speaker 1: Come on, here we go, Here we go. Head, good morning. This is Ed McMahon. I'm now ladies and gentlemen, peez surys ride riding. Yes, indeed, wake you wake your hands off those cupcakes. Yeah, it's another cold one out there. It's about forty degrees things it was yesterday. It's gonna warm up a little bit today, which is good, Which is good. Welcome to Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Fixtagram Thursday.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the day we play read my lips. Welcome to Buzzfest and now Eve, was that a thing? Yeah, tomorrow we announced Busfest at eight thirty. I cannot wait. I heard the commercial like earlier today, we got super excited, Like I was listening to my favorite radio station, which I was Buzzfest announcement tomorrow at eight thirty giving away the first pair of tickets too. I said it. I just kind of like blabbed that on the area yesterday and then I had to go back it up with the fun Squad and they said, yeah, I could give away a pair of tickets fresh shout of bed, head to a head, Curt a bit of champions. We're in the Grade eight winner today advances to the Final four. Autumn takes on the Birdman winner Final four. We played that game at around six twenty this morning. Ghost tickets in homeroom. Fun fact flashback, Gary Clark Junior tickets at seven twenty. Read my lips at eight twenty. Guys, send me your word suggestions. The boys are at it again. The twins are playing each other. Got a one hundred dollars Collectors Firearms gift card covering your way.
Speaker 2: Early in the nine o'clock hour, Chuley said.
Speaker 1: Maybe we have to give away two of them. Did I skip it yesterday? We'll find out. Poppa Roach right against tickets on No the Show, So ten percent chance of rain Sonny sixty six. Another beautiful day on tap here in Houston, and Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: I do, Good morning Rod, Good morning, Home Rooms.
Speaker 4: The President elect Trump is going to ring the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange today and he's also being named Times Person of the Year. A big day for him. This might be the biggest one. He's gonna ring that opening bell. He's gonna be named Times twenty twenty four Person of the Year. According to a source at the Associated Press. He's the selection for the Time Award, winning over the other nominees that include Elon Musk, Benjamin Nett and Yahoo and Kate the Princess of Wales and of course Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's kind of the big national headline right now.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, a little closer to home, the FAA is planning to post a preliminary report today about a plane crash that happened in Victoria yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 1: Wild.
Speaker 3: It's really really wild, So only the pilot was on board. It was a twin engine play that went down around three pm.
Speaker 4: Victoria Police there say the plane hit three cars and sent four people to the hospital.
Speaker 3: One of them was serious injuries. So it's reportedly registered to a business.
Speaker 4: In Mississippi, the plane that is there'll be investigating that investigation ongoing today. Okay, one of the most dangerous toys of all time just sold at auction for over thirteen grand. What am I talking about, Well, I'm talking about the Erector set. The guy behind the Erector set he sold a science kit called Gilbert U two thirty eight Atomic Energy Laboratory. This kit, made for kids, was sold with actual uranium in the kit it had. It had glass jars, there were small amounts of radioactive material in the jars, so yeah, it was like a Geiger tester for radiation levels. And this was supposed to be something the kids played with, so it really.
Speaker 3: Wasn't that dangerous if you didn't open the jars.
Speaker 4: But what do kids do someth they're not supposed to, right, they opened the dart. Open the jars anyway is a piece of history. Apparently, someone willing to pay thirteen grand for this very dangerous toy is Robert Downey Junior making more than eighty million for the next two Avengers movies. So Marvel, you know, Big killed off iron Man, which is why it was such a massive cope to get Robert Downey Junior back to play Doctor Jum in the next two Avengers movies. So apparently Downey is making significantly more for his role than the director Joe Russo, who is making eighty million to direct the movies. Downey Junior also getting crazy perks He's getting like private jet travel.
Speaker 3: He's already made.
Speaker 4: Between five hundred and six hundred million for the from the Marvel franchise. It is by far the highest paid member of the Marvel Cinematic universe.
Speaker 3: Marvel Comics Universe.
Speaker 4: Food Fighter is one of the biggest touring bands in the past few decades. At the moment, they don't have any upcoming tour dates listed on their website because, you know, Dave Grohl kind of issuing the statement saying he's going to focus on his family.
Speaker 3: But there was an interview with this dude who is a.
Speaker 4: Director and founder of this Hellfest festival, and it's translated from French, but he says in the interview, well, when the Food Fighters canceled their summer tour, muse was called in as a replacement, and they were like, what, Food Fighters didn't have a summer tour that we knew about. But apparently this guy did know about it, and he spilled the tea. So those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Take it, Alex. The Rockets are going to Las Vegas.
Speaker 5: They got by the Warriors last night ninety one to ninety to advance to the semi finals of the NBA Cup. Rockets trailed ninety to eighty nine when Jalen Green got fouled. It was a questionable This was a questionable call. Steve Coro was upset about it, but it was three point five seconds left. He hit both free throws that gave the Rockets to win. That snapped a fifteen game losing streak to Golden State. They're going to play the Thunder in the semifinals on Saturday night. Championship game if they win, would be on Tuesday on Thursday Night football. We got George Kittle in the forty nine Ers hosting Matt Stafford and the Rams kickoff for that is it seven fifteen.
Speaker 2: You can watch your name is on Prime. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Here we go, guys, HOMEO. Let's get this show under underway. Here, first phone call, Chilli, clear out these phone lines, please, let's go. Who wants the first phone call today? Come get it? Seven one three two one two five nine four five. You're gonna keep that number, handy. You're gonna need it all morning long. I dropped a Christmas present for everybody on our Instagram this morning at Rod Ryan's show. Did you get any of that audio? Did you get what I sent you out?
Speaker 2: I have none lined yet.
Speaker 1: It's wonderful.
Speaker 2: How you send me to it is so good.
Speaker 1: It's a Christmas miracle. It's an absolute Christmas miracle. At Rod Ryan Show on Instagram. Give us a little follow, give us a like. Go check it out.
Speaker 2: We'll play it for you later.
Speaker 1: First phone call, come get it seven one three two win two five nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio, starts right now ninety four five The Bus. Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Throwback Thursday, we are off and run. Let's do this today, guys. We're gonna be very, very busy this morning. It's gonna be another beautiful day. Yesterday was awesome, I mean just awesome. You know what would have been better had the sun stayed out a little longer.
Speaker 3: Ye's been really really nice.
Speaker 1: It was such a beautiful day yesterday. It really was.
Speaker 2: Four five o'clock was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: If you needed to do something or if you were able to get outside, it was great. And then tik tik, tik tik tick. Then there goes the sun. It would have been great out all right. We'll talk about it that often, but yesterday it was one of those days where it's like, God, damn, this is another one of these days. It would have been perfect. Give me another hour of sunlight Sunday today, highs up around sixty six. Awesome seeing nothing over a ten percent chance of rain. Yes, we're announcing Buzzfest tomorrow at eight thirty Today on this show, freshout of Bad had to had Tournament of Champions Autumn Birdman. They're in the Grade eight. They've already advanced to get there. Winner goes to the final four winners a couple of games away from winning the whole damn thing. Ghost tickets On the Fun Fact Flashback Read my Lips. At eight twenty, the boys are at it again. Lock up to China, Alex. What I gotta be concerned with my China with you too?
Speaker 2: Watch it, dude.
Speaker 1: This is just for funsies, dude, for I see that you were listed on the sheet as the twenty twenty four Oh read my Lips champion.
Speaker 2: That's Chili that made that sheet then, must be so nice, Chili.
Speaker 1: Do you know that you started to smirk when I said that. I did not know that you did. I know you were trying to stop it. Don't tell me that it means nothing to you. Don't tell me you know.
Speaker 2: The only championship that matters is the next one.
Speaker 1: I don't believe you for a second. Right as I said that, he started to smirk.
Speaker 3: Did he care a little? Did you show he show his cards her face?
Speaker 1: I know your body. I saw your smirk. All right. Alix is the twenty twenty four Champion Prentice shirts Flex takes on Chili today. That means I need you, guys to send me word suggestions. Email me directly Rod at the buzz dot com. Doesn't have to be anything that was said on the show. Okay, you don't have to. It can be anything so uh, you know, and then Alex will yell at me. What does that work?
Speaker 3: I won't yell anymore yelling This year.
Speaker 1: You're in like give me the worst words. You're in cruise control and you're gonna be cool.
Speaker 2: It is so cool. Really, you're gonna be like, who's this guy?
Speaker 1: I won't recognize you, mister chill Guys, I don't know what chill one collector firearms gift card Chili said. I didn't give it away yesterday.
Speaker 3: You forgot.
Speaker 1: I got excited about mister skin coming up. I knew I said I had one hundred dollars gift card.
Speaker 3: I'd say it, but I don't know that we called for it.
Speaker 1: Okay, off some dual wheels. You're giving away two collectors firearms.
Speaker 2: I might I might have to just to make good on the one yesterday. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Somebody tell me if I gave it away Papa Road Rise against the show? Does somebody have that? Is somebody keeping this other John keeping stats on the giveaways.
Speaker 3: It's in time for the first phone column to day.
Speaker 1: Here's well, here's John. I don't know which John it is? Hi John, Hey John, good morning? How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm pretty good? You didn't work?
Speaker 1: What do you do for a living?
Speaker 6: John? Oil and gas construction?
Speaker 1: Were you ever in that, those those hey days of oil and gas? When I moved here twenty years, twenty one years, it seems like a lot. It seemed like a lot of oil and gas people. They were working these every other Friday was off Like in the show Dallas.
Speaker 7: I'm construction. We do a lot of the hard labor work, not the oh yeah, you me in the office to work.
Speaker 1: You didn't take people out to lunch for a living. You work. You actually, you actually rolled up your sleeves and got your hands dirty like you probably have man hands.
Speaker 8: Man hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm climbing up powers and stuff, high towers. What's the highest you climb?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: About The highest one I climb was about one hundred and one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: Feet oh, fifteen stories. Yeah, in in the summer, and like you could it be in the winter time that you'd have to climb that oh dead.
Speaker 6: Dead summertime, summer time, like.
Speaker 1: Holy canoli, dude, you don't want to be up there when it's like one of those forty degrees thirty degree days.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's ten degrees colder up there.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, when I was started blowing up, you're kind of holding onto everything.
Speaker 1: Got a man on the phone here, got a man Jo Chandler. Yeah, Hey, did you want to start us with anything this morning? Or you just called it? Check in?
Speaker 6: Uh car check in. But I also kind of asked that question. Sure you think you might bring back BTL for next year?
Speaker 2: BTL the oh blt.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you ever go to one of those New Year's Eve parties?
Speaker 6: I've been. I went to three of them.
Speaker 2: Wild they were wild, lot funk.
Speaker 1: They were getting wilder every year. I don't know.
Speaker 2: People got like more comfortable, less clothing.
Speaker 9: Uh oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be the nice.
Speaker 6: Guy hooked up with a couple couple of nice ladies.
Speaker 3: Oh that's why I wanted to bring about.
Speaker 1: It like Bro would bring this back. I'm not gonna say I'm not gonna say never, certainly not this year. It's way it would be way too late to put something together this year.
Speaker 2: I think we did in like one week.
Speaker 1: I won't say never. Somebody has asked, like Rod, if truly you are done it for this five year contract, like would you do it on your last year? Oh my god, I don't know. I'm just I won't say never, John. But it's not in my It's not anywhere, and I mean this, it's not anywhere that I have written down, like, oh boy, I'd like to do one more of us. Sounds like.
Speaker 7: Like there would be like twenty one. Then you gotta have all the kids. I've been looking for you for twenty one years.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, everyone's now of age.
Speaker 1: That's wild. Yeah. If if I eat one of the kids that was in mom's belly in the very first pre Labor Day Pretti bikini contest and they're twenty one, maybe I would do something around that.
Speaker 3: They have to want to do it, yeah, they have to plan it. New job.
Speaker 1: I don't know how this work hopefully got bet us our Thank you, John, thank you, John. I don't know that comes up every now and then. I'm not doing another one The Buzz.
Speaker 10: Rock Adults hearing very soon The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 11: I'm six to ten am, ninety four.
Speaker 2: Or five The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Sunny sky's expected today, nothing over a ten percent chance of rain, high them around sixty six forty degrees outside right now. What's trending they are?
Speaker 4: Alex already talked about it, but I think it's the biggest local story of the fact that the Rockets finally beat the Warriors. Remember last week we were talking about how we the Rockets haven't beat the.
Speaker 2: Warriors like one hundred years.
Speaker 3: But yees, since like all these new guys, like these, all the guys on the Rockets team have never experienced a victory over the Warriors, and they experienced one last night and it was a team win and it was really really good.
Speaker 4: So now they're going to Vegas for that tournament, and yeah, it's it's it's awesome. It's an awesome feeling to wake up and not have lost to the Warriors.
Speaker 1: Speak Alex, he's been here long enough. We haven't won. We haven't beat the Warriors since Nam since.
Speaker 3: Nam, but we did last night and it was lovely. Also, Selena Gomes and Benny Blanco are now engaged. Apparently they've been.
Speaker 4: Dating since like the summer of twenty twenty three. They I think had a picnic with Taco Bell and he proposed to her. So forever begins now. According to her Instagram caption.
Speaker 1: I mean she told him whenever he was ready, come and get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, literally, and then oh, I thought this was interesting.
Speaker 3: I gotta admit this is not trending, but I pulled it from the headline.
Speaker 1: I think most of what you talk about in this segment is actually trend Are you.
Speaker 3: Getting the rockets, Selena Gomez? Come on, no, I mean not this specific one, but okay, okay, just in general, Okay. A new type of apple that is a hybrid between a Honey Crisp and a pink Lady has created of Washington State University. It'll be called a Sunflair, which comes from public suggestions. I thought you apple lover would be very into this. It was called Washington sixty four. Now it's called Sunflair, and it's gonna be available when it's the most delicious apple you've ever had.
Speaker 1: Chris, don't mess with my honey, Chrispapples. Why are you trying to.
Speaker 3: Knock honey, crisy Chris has a lover and it is a pink lady lover and now their baby is a Sunflair. That's what's trending on nighty four five of us because that part was it really was it really trending.
Speaker 1: Do not mess with honey, Chrispapples.
Speaker 3: It's already been done.
Speaker 1: There's only one. It's only room for one. Alex right, there's no drops, there's no song, changes the game, just the game. That's it. Yeah, these are great eight players. Yeah, Ray your stuff.
Speaker 12: Good morning, everybody is Scott You're fresh out of bed. Head to head Hall of Famer number fifteen. I just took out Tommy the Gun to advance of the Elite eight. Guess that makes it one win down, three to go. Join me on Thursday, December twelfth when I take on either Autumn or Paul.
Speaker 2: On my way to the final four. Because Scotty knows bitches.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I'm remembering autumn speech. Did she use his catchphrase in her speech? I don't remember the birdman. Let's listen to Autumn. I think she trash talks a little bit.
Speaker 13: Good morning everybody. This is Autumn sticking around for the fresh out of bed head to head Tournament of Champions, punching my ticket to the Grade eight. You know how I do it? Boy, Drool and girls Drule join me on Thursday, December twelve as I take on the Birdman, and you're gonna find out that Autumn knows bitches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's got her catchphrase.
Speaker 1: I like that a lot, and she copped his.
Speaker 3: Just collect catchphraises on your way to the top.
Speaker 1: I love it, I absolutely love it. We got an We have an awesome matchup coming up in three minutes.
Speaker 10: You were listening to The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Lincoln Park Lost rod Ryan Show throw Back Thursday. I think in my opening monologue, I forgot to mention my pals better than Ezra with their breakthrough hit good Puddle of Mud. Love that song famous Fat Boy Slim Rockefeller Skank. All right, that's what you're choosing between. We'll do song clips today at some point on the show. We'll get you voting. You vote on the World Famous rod Ryan Show page at buzz dot com. I just went to Links and Guests and I saw there you have it. Man, the Fresh out of bed Head to Head Tournament of champions Enter Buy Planet Fitness winner is going to get a one year membership in A and a thousand dollars and uh. And you can see when you go to Links and Guests, you can see Autumn and you can see Birdman. They're taking on one another. They're ready to go. Let's play.
Speaker 14: And now each time for the Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge, listeners to your corners, snank.
Speaker 1: Scott bird, scotch raises, Scotty knows and Autumn stole that morning. Hey, bird man, how are you all right yourself? Great? How many times in the Hall of Fame for you?
Speaker 6: Three?
Speaker 1: What's the furthest you went in the tournament.
Speaker 6: Final four last year?
Speaker 1: Yeah, guy who knows what he's doing. Okay, So if he wins today, it's like, oh, ho hum, I've been here final four. You know, it's never ho hum because we don't know about Autumn.
Speaker 2: Autumn, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: I mean what we do know about Autumn is this is the first time in the Hall of Fame, and it was a great first game for her. She took out Paul punched her ticket as she said, boys are drooling everywhere. She said, she's the one that knows we're gonna find out. Who knows? Finally, because they both claim that they know we're gonna find out today. Autumn, how you feeling, Norms? Yeah, you always give off a little nervous energy to me.
Speaker 13: I am.
Speaker 1: I think it's good because I think it keeps you on the edge of your seat. I'm on the edge of my seat. Scott the Birdman Autumn first time Hall of Famer. Let's do with the damn thing. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer, wait for me to call on you before you give us an answer. Guys in the studio, it's only getting tighter and tighter. Okay, tight, here we go. Scotty knows the Birdman Autumn boys drooling. Question number one, what type of past do you need?
Speaker 3: Autumn?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 1: Is she just laying it out there? She sure just did Autumn? What's your answer?
Speaker 13: I'm gonna gets easy, Tad.
Speaker 1: It's a good guess, just not a great guess. I like the way you're playing. I think you got to do that in the grade eight, Birdman, what type of pass do you need to get on a plane?
Speaker 5: Ticket?
Speaker 8: Boy?
Speaker 14: Pass?
Speaker 1: Looking at you?
Speaker 3: A ticket pass?
Speaker 1: Is it what I was looking for?
Speaker 3: I have boarding on my sheet.
Speaker 1: You need a ticket to get on a plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your question was specific to pass. If we're getting technical, that's not what's on the sheet.
Speaker 1: But is a ticket a boarding pass? Yeah? Your plane ticket is your boarding path.
Speaker 2: That place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna give it to you. Pulley bone in the tournament too. Your plane ticket is your boarding pass. Yes, I'm going to give that to your bird Man trying to get in Tessa's head for the correct answer.
Speaker 6: All right, we'll do.
Speaker 1: Pass autum. What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 2: On how I rolled on that, you could be honest, I don't agree.
Speaker 13: He said pass specifically passed, and it should have been boarding passed.
Speaker 1: What type of pass do you need to get on a plane? Ticket?
Speaker 13: Not ticket pass?
Speaker 1: Your boarding pass is your ticket?
Speaker 2: Also true?
Speaker 1: Your boarding pass is your ticket to the same thing. I'm gonna stay with that. Sorry, I'm gonna stay with it. I'll take I'll take the heat afterwards. All right, Birdman on the board, Birdman Autumn, what festival in Texas, Autumn, Scott laying it out.
Speaker 2: There, Renfest.
Speaker 1: That's a great answer. It's a correct answer. It's a great answer. There are many festivals in Texas, but this question again hyper specific. What festival in Texas is known for greeting people with huzzah? We don't say that to people. Don't say that the people at Buzzfest. I greet people when they come through the door a Buzfest. I don't think I've ever told anybody has ah when they walked through the door. Okay, here comes the emails. Autumn. You're going to play again? Are you mad at me?
Speaker 13: No, I'm definitely gonna play again.
Speaker 1: I thought you did. I thought you were really really fun. I think the chicks in the tournament like made it, are making it so much fun. I'm here for it, Autumn. I hope you play again next year. You've been great. Thanks bird Man for the second year in a row in the final four.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 1: So Sean Connery and Cody is who's going to play tomorrow? Any thoughts any comments about either one of them?
Speaker 12: Well, Sean Connery's who I played in Final.
Speaker 1: Four last year.
Speaker 2: And he's match and he ended your.
Speaker 12: Ride was technically I was feeding, but yeah, he was gone.
Speaker 3: He beat himself.
Speaker 1: These guys don't let anything go. They don't let anything go. Are you rooting for Sean Connery tomorrow?
Speaker 6: I'll play whoever?
Speaker 1: Okay, probably a smart thing to say. All right, dude, great job today. People jumping in early who the run Right show? Celebrating twenty years ninety four or five of us by the Buzz offspring, Why don't you get a job? Rod Ryan Show throwback Thursday. I hope you're taking time to head over to the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com and cast your votes. I had mentioned that better than Ezra is in there. Oh jeez, I forgotten now, Oh puddle of mud.
Speaker 8: And then fat Boy.
Speaker 1: Slim's Rockefeller skank. Wish you new song clips early in the seven let's lock those in. Sunny's guys today ten percent chance rayin hies up around sixty six.
Speaker 14: Come on, fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge, here's your current champion.
Speaker 12: Everybody got you're fresh out of bed head to head Hall of famer never kissed me. I just took out at him to advance to the final four. I guess you didn't rule quite as much as she thought she did. That's two down to go joining me on Wednesday, December eighteenth, when I play either Sean Connery or Cody and punch my ticket to the finals. Because Scotty knows, bitches.
Speaker 1: Do we want a rematch? Do we want him to play Sean Connery tomorrow? If Sean Sean Connery has been picked to win the whole thing by one guy, oj Ben, I don't think you can look past Cody though. Tomorrow we'll find out. The rematch would be fun. Cody could be the spoiler with that though, and that's all he should be thinking about.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck back to the day. We make you look smart and funny here, Buddy's this the fuck back to the day. I already got a million email is coming in, so I might as well give you one of these. I'm telling you right now. If I repeat one of these fun facts, it could be from eight years ago, Like repeat Rod eight years This one's good though, I like this one. I'm sure most of you don't remember stan Lee, you know, the guy responsible for Spider Man and all the other great stuff. People are already why why the pot has already been stirred plenty this morning. I don't need you standing over the cauldron. I'm just back off with your voters. Stan Lee served in the Army during World War Two as an official army playwright. Okay, he's a right, he's always been a writer. Doctor Seuss also served as a playwright with him. They worked together. They created pamphlets for soldiers about how to avoid getting VD.
Speaker 3: You never heard that good information.
Speaker 1: Buzz light Year's original name Lunar Larry. That is fun, not just kidd, buzz light You're so much better. Those brief muscle spasms that wake you up during sleep, if you're not there yet, I hope you never get there. But these brief muscle spasms that wake you up during sleep just as you're on the cusp of it, they're called hypnic jerks. Ah, that's neat they are. They reportedly occur in about sixty to seventy percent of all people, and they are a complete mystery to scientists. So I don't know. I will be I will be awoke two three times a year. Now, I will have to jump out of bed that there's a softball in my calf. Yeah, I'm freaking out and God forbid, somebody's around and they see me hopping around screaming. It's like scary. I look like a man possessed, you know, And there's nothing that meanful. Yeah, well, Rod, you should be bananas. Shut up. I get all the potassium I need. I'm sure of vic. It's the fuck that's in the day. We make you look smart in front of your body. Is this the fuck that's of the day. Well, you need to drink more water. I drink a lot of water. It's just two three times a year. My leg spasms. H what's you giving away?
Speaker 3: I have a pair of tickets to see ghosts at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's your fact.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: If you're a seven foot tall man in the United States of America, you have a one in seven shot of this being your job seven one three two one two five nine four five or working for this organization. That'stinct. Same question. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. Is this guy never coming to see us? If for a gain? High? Hell on the phone, brother, I good morning, miss you. How do you do on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 8: That was a mixed down Wall Street. The Dallas down ninety nine points in Chuka this morning at forty four thousand one and forty eight nas back up three hundred and forty seven points and twenty thousand and thirty four. Vince Martinior Treasurers, trading at a four point three percent oil stands at seventy dollars thirty eight minutes of burrow to the most active, the big studs Bowing, MX and Honeywell, the big DUTs, Caterpillar and n Video and Merk. On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on the producer price index for November right now, futures they are on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's it. I'm out here. This is Highland manus director would Brandy James, This doesn't right, Ryan so Maymon, Jensohn, Seafy, Danna Gotsa and don't get the olas rock out with their stock.
Speaker 11: Outman's expressed are those of helland and not necessarily those are Ramon James and Associates. Income Ever, NYC dcart Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance trans mentioned. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer, or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is or educational and informational purposes on the studs are based on movement as reported by Yah.
Speaker 1: Finding ninety four or five bus Good morning, rod Ryan, show your all right, good morning, good morning. Not a dude, Julie. Yeah, is here right it is? You're right, good morning. Not a dude, Julie. If you if you're a seven foot tall man in the US, you have a one in seven shot of working for this company, the NBA, the NBA. Yeah, yeah, I had a lot of seven foots out there. Congratulations, not due, Julie. What is she want?
Speaker 8: Not big deal?
Speaker 4: You're going to go, said Toyota Center, August sixteen. Congratulations, right, all right, Julie.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas? Do you merry Christmas? Thank you so much. S hang on for me.
Speaker 2: Have a great time at that show. Sunny skies today, I've.
Speaker 1: Seen nothing over a ten percent chance of rain. Highs of around sixty six. Let's get right after it. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: President Biden is commuting the sentences of around fifteen hundred people and partying thirty nine to others convicted of nonviolent crimes. The White House says today's announcement is the single largest one day act of clemency in modern history. Biden says he plans to grant more clemency in the final weeks of his presidency.
Speaker 3: Holiday travel numbers this year at records highs. Almost one hundred and twenty million people will travel at least fifty miles away from home. This is all data from Triple A.
Speaker 4: Christmas Day falls on a Wednesday, so Triple A's Northeast spokesperson says that makes both the weekends before and after really big travel weekends.
Speaker 3: Since it's the busiest time of year for Santa Claus as well, they are somehow still making a little time for Zillo. This is really cute. So Zillo has Santa's House on their website.
Speaker 2: It's a special The North Pole House is on Zillo.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah it is, and more than three million views and counting whether it's for sale, I mean, while it's not for sale, the home is now worth one point two million dollars.
Speaker 3: This is all according to Zillo, And they're also doing this really special thing.
Speaker 4: So if you've recently moved they're helping families that are recently moved. It's a let Santa no, you moved feature button on their site and it lets Santa no, their your new address, so kids don't have to worry that old Saint Nick won't be able to find them on Christmas Eve. I know sometimes I can stress kids out, and we don't want that around this time.
Speaker 1: Is that a mirror above Santa and Missus Claus's bed.
Speaker 3: Oh, I haven't looked at it.
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 3: I haven't looked at gone through the pictures. And no, it's not for sale, you know. And I don't really like the cold all right. It's not the first and won't be the last.
Speaker 4: But here's Entertainment Weekly's list of bad Christmas movies.
Speaker 1: Bad or the best?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Sorry, no, yeah, the best? The best Christmas movie is number one. I shouldn't have known. It's a Wonderful life.
Speaker 1: Have you ever watched that start to finish?
Speaker 3: I did when I many years ago, many years ago, and it did make me cry.
Speaker 1: The twins have never watched that movie like you would never was watching it yesterday. Of course your wife watched it because this is the classic saw some of it. You've never watched it start to finish. No, and of course twin brother never's maybe never seen. They didn't have that in guatemal I don't think he's ever seen.
Speaker 3: Rudolph a Christmas Story number two. Here a Charlie Moron Christmas number three, Elf made the number four, And how the Grinch Show Christmas is number five?
Speaker 1: Does it say which one specifically the Grinch? Is it nineteen sixty nine?
Speaker 3: It's nineteen sixty six, yes, sixty six?
Speaker 1: Is that old movies? Are they like specials?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: Christ movies like Jenga is a board game? Okay, I'm okay with this. An hour like this is the I'm okay with this list. The Christmas specials slash movies. I think they all need to be on the same list. I think it's a good list.
Speaker 3: It is a good list. Home alone following at number eleven, ooh, diehards on this list. I don't know how people are gonna feel about that, but you can go check it out. We have a bog page for it.
Speaker 4: USA Today says the Chipmunk song Christmas Don't Be Late by Album and the Chipmunks is the worst Christmas song. It's followed by Elma and Patsy's Grandma got run Over by a Reindeer and new songs the Christmas Huice album.
Speaker 1: So we all have our personals that we don't care for.
Speaker 3: I always thought Grandma got run over by reindeer was very funny.
Speaker 1: This is the worst Christmas song ever, not on the list, every cover of it too. Now my kid knows that, she sings it all the time. She knows it triggering. It's very triggering to me. Is it worse than the Chipmunks? Yes, it is Christmas. It's nice. No, it's not nice. It's terrible.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Those Go Alex. The Rockets are heading to Vegas.
Speaker 5: They got by the Warriors last night ninety ninety to advance to the semifinals of the NBA Cup. Rockets trailed ninety to eighty nine. When Jalen Green got fouled to three point five seconds left, he hit both free throws to give the Rockets to win. It was a controversial call that Warriors coach Steve Kerr was not happy about. He stormed out of his press conference after the game. I'll try and put that up on the sports blog page today. The win snapped what had been a fifteen game losing streak to the Warriors. Rockets are gonna play the Thunder in the semifinals on Saturday night. If they win, the championship game will be on Tuesday on Thursday Night Football. We got George Kittle and the forty nine Ers hosting. Matt Stafford and the Rams. Forty nine ers come into this as three point favorites. Kickoff is at seven fifteen and you can watch it on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on this point.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Here we go. All right, that's one hour in the books.
Speaker 2: I want to share with you the poll question that we have working on the X. We'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: We'll get you tickets to Gary Clark Junior. I brought us some interesting things I think to talk about. We'll use that seven o'clock hour to also let you guys vote. Maybe we should do song clips before we get too busy. All right, let's do that throwback Thursday. Yeah, let's get those song clips on. We'll get those locked in. Needs you to head over to the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com and need you to vote. Would you go look around. We're gonna keep the rod Ryan Show care store open until Friday. Stuff will be ready to go for Christmas if you wanted to make a last minute purchase in the store. All the money stays right here, goes to the rod Ryan Show Cares Foundation five oh one C three. We'll keep all that money and we'll use it for our next efforts that we donate here locally.
Speaker 15: Houston's rocking alternatives The rod Ra Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's Tonic if you could only see I don't know why, well, you know what they go on on tour with with my buddies better than Ezra. They tour together. So we're gonna play you this in better than Azua in a second for Throwback Thursday. But Tonic every year, I don't know. I don't see a Tonic post all year until they post their rap. I'm like, oh, ton of guys, you got millions of hits. Good for them, good for Conics, still getting people checking them out, and we still played that on the regular here too. Really good guys, Good morning everybody. Welcome to the seventh Spot. If you're carrying over from homeroom. Thank you.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us, Wakey, wakey, Hands off those cupcakes.
Speaker 1: It's you might want to keep them on. It's cold. It's now thirty nine thirties, which is okay. I mean, look at what we're doing here. We're around December twelfth. But today it's going to warm up. The sun will come out, and we're gonna see highs of around sixty six today. Read my lips. You guys are doing a great job. Keep sending me those words suggestions. We're going to play the game. At around eight twenty this morning, we had.
Speaker 16: About now the Funk, so brother, check it out, Now the Funk.
Speaker 2: So the year's ninety seven, nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: Eight, check it out wild years. On the radio, you had Skak, you had they had the Prodigy. You had Chumbawamba doing stuff, but then you had Tonic doing their thing. You had just regular rock bands or alternative rock bands. But then you had like these DJs that were also getting regular airplay, and at any point during the day you could turn on your radio and you could hear Fat Boy Slim.
Speaker 2: This is the Rockefeller Skenk.
Speaker 6: This is the.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: No, that's not the one. Because we watched that on the rag My kid loves that video. That's another one from Fat Boy Slim hit Praise You. He hit a bunch of songs. Yeah, he hit a bunch of them. So this is fat Boy Slim. I don't remember what this video looks like. It's not the Christopher Walking one that you're talking about where he's just kind of like dancing in the hotel. This was If you're.
Speaker 2: Wondering, I know that always comes up with these songs. What movie she's all that?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: They all just bust out. They all know the same dance at the.
Speaker 1: Prop She's all that definitely in that movie. This is fat Boy Slim. What else is in there today?
Speaker 12: There they are?
Speaker 1: You guys don't know this song?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 1: I think it might have been a number one. It been a number one track. It's what put better than Ezra? You know, it's always it's what God I'm signing? Do you think it's in there a lot?
Speaker 2: I feel like it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Every day you ready for an email from the wist you make those I mean those are fighting more. It's hasn't been in in sixteen weeks. I think that's ample time to bring it back. I don't know when it was in.
Speaker 2: I was just saying to me, I don't think it's been in in a while.
Speaker 1: Alex, this might have been a number one song for them and every year they post or if there's any any nor McDonald made a joke one time when he was doing Weekend up dating, and he made it better than a Ezra joke, and it was really really funny. I don't I can't tell I can't retell it right now, but I can tell you that the guy's in better than Ezra. Love it and they have the clip and they use it from time to time. It's a great song.
Speaker 7: And then.
Speaker 1: I had to think about this. I workshopped it on my own. I can tell you that this is my favorite Puddle of Mud song. It's not their biggest song, blurry right. I like the way she spanks my ass whatever. I that one in his control. She hates me. I never liked Drift and Die Psycho.
Speaker 2: Drift and Die Famous is my favorite Puddle of Mud song.
Speaker 1: And that's what we're listening to right now.
Speaker 15: Oh here else is talking for the Shells, Sunset Dragon, Now.
Speaker 1: Something's got this Crazy Bitch and about ten other songs. I feel We're all written about Paris Hilton. I could say that it was around that time when a new breed of celebrity was coming through.
Speaker 8: You know, he.
Speaker 1: Stole that line from The Dire Straits and the Chicks for Free. He's totally lifted that line from the I Want My MTV songs. Fat Boy Slim in first place with forty two percent of the vote, better than Ezra thirty percent of the vote, and my Favorite Puddle of Mud song in third place twenty six percent of the vote. Where do you vote, Chilly bump it up to the top. Go to the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com. Winning song played at nine thirty today, rock and alternative fever.
Speaker 2: He used to The rod Ryan.
Speaker 10: Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain. For your Throwback Thursday, a lot of people went and voted on songs. Make sure you go and do the same thing. Okay, played your song clips. You now know what is available to you for Throwback Thursday. Winning song played at nine thirty today.
Speaker 2: Sunny highs of around sixty six.
Speaker 1: Piggybacking off of a discussion we had yesterday, is where you work having any sort of Christmas holiday party? Sixty three percent of our audience, Yes, thirty six percent of our audience.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I didn't think the number would be that high. I thought I thought these were a thing of the past. Then if I out, then if I we all found out we're having a Christmas party. But in February, in January, January, okay, cool, what's trending?
Speaker 4: You guys were talking about this a little bit during the break, the mystery drones that are flying over New Jersey.
Speaker 3: The residents there are puzzled, the officials are puzzled, and.
Speaker 2: The surveillance footage doesn't do it justice.
Speaker 1: I was watching this yesterday and then when somebody that was an eyewitness was talking about them, they said that the size of SUV's big drunks. They are truly like UFOs in the sky. It's not a drone that you and I can buy from sharper image. That's what they look like though, and they're moving like that. But the people that are there saying that they're car sized.
Speaker 4: Right, and there's it's not illegal to fly a drone in New Jersey, so as long as the operator is certified with the FAA.
Speaker 3: It's like, Okay, I guess you can just do this. It's mysterious. The sightings have left a lot of people on edge.
Speaker 4: Politicians are chiming in, so yeah, drone's definitely trending right now.
Speaker 1: A local police they don't know. Also, right, they're not in on it. It's a government thing, right.
Speaker 3: Also, you had mentioned we were listening to some sort of Snoop.
Speaker 4: Dogg was on TV and you're like, oh my gosh, that's enough Snoop. I'm like, it is a little oversaturated with Snoop.
Speaker 1: I have Snoop fatigue.
Speaker 4: But Snoop on the Stoop is definitely a thing like Up on the Shelf and then Martha on the Mantle.
Speaker 3: Apparently these two things go together.
Speaker 4: Martha Stewart been in the news cycle a lot lately, posting a little thirst trap.
Speaker 3: It's very nice. Probably on the Looking at Girl's bog page. Probably that would be my guess.
Speaker 4: And speaking of looking at girls, Forbes has named the world's most powerful women of the Year. Ursula Vonderley, and President of the European Commission, is number one. I didn't have any reference on who that was, but you know, are our people. Caitlin clark Is number is rounds out the list at one hundred, So sad your rus in it?
Speaker 3: No, Angel Reese, you did have some Rihanna at seventy six. You had Beyonce at thirty five, Oprah thirty and Taylor Swift at twenty three. That's what's trending on eighty four.
Speaker 1: Five The Buzz, All right, what do we have to give away?
Speaker 3: Kaylen Clark also the youngest person on the list. Okay, parm tickets to see Gary Clark Junior at seven one three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: Seven one three two five. That's where you call this holiday season?
Speaker 17: Brought to you by Dad Dat gets them today, available wherever products are sold.
Speaker 15: The rod Ryan Show Mornings ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzzlink e two and I Missed You rod Ryan Show Throwback Thursday. Guys keep sending me your word suggestions, read my lip. We'll be playing in an hour from now, and it's all generated by what you send to me. Let's say, test is going to be time keeping today the boys are at it again. Alex takes on Chile. Alex seemed to be unbelievably calm about the whole thing. He has already secured the twenty twenty four championship, so he shouldn't be throwing anything or getting upset or just stopping in the middle of his twenty seconds and walking out. I mean, there should be none of that, right, I know of that. There should be none of that.
Speaker 2: There should never be any of that ever, but not very often.
Speaker 1: But it really shouldn't happen today. Okay, Sunny's guys today Temper sent chance of Reignsam around sixty six. We're announcing Buzzfest tomorrow.
Speaker 3: That's exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty five hours from now we'll be talking about Buzzfest, which is wild. It hit me as a surprise as much as it hit you. You have my word on that. There hasn't been any kind of wizard. Has not been peppering in. Hey, you know, look for something to come down. Nothing. When I told you guys about Buzzfest and I read that email, you guys were finding out about it when I found out about it.
Speaker 3: And you said it so casually like, oh, by the way, yeah, we're just getting a buzzfest.
Speaker 1: He sure did so.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, Well, we'll find out eight thirty this one.
Speaker 1: We'll find out what the heck is going on here?
Speaker 2: Let's go over to the phones. Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, who's this.
Speaker 18: Jeremy?
Speaker 1: Hey, Jeremy your caller number ten? Merry Christmas? How are you?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh right?
Speaker 6: I won again? Where's it?
Speaker 1: When was the last time you wont has like a picket?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: You want Metallica tickets from us for the for the show here or the one that we gave way to Dallas.
Speaker 7: Show here?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 16: You asked for the You asked for the Peanut song, and I got it right.
Speaker 1: Put another show again. You said Penis, not it's the Peanuts song, not the Penis song. This is the guy. I remember this guy because when you say peanuts, it sounds like penis the Peanuts. I'm a professional broadcaster. Everything I announce and say is the proper way to say it, including names. Jeremy Zeninga. What's your name? It's You've been Jeremy. You've been saying it wrong your whole life, Jeremy, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Probably.
Speaker 1: Hey, Gary Clark Jr.
Speaker 2: I think I got that name right. March first seven, three years to call you got tickets?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 6: Sounds good?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right, dude, Thank you. Jeremy Chili's got your tickets. So yesterday's poll question is do you prefer a gift that you open and it's something that you asked for or would you rather be surprised at something?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: For those of you that like the prizes, I don't know why. I'm shocked that this is available on the internet. Everything's available on the internet, surprise boxes, there's all kinds of this. Well for that person that's really hard to buy or shop for the person that has everything. They don't seem to have any new interest or hobbies. They don't make a list, They're like, I don't care whatever.
Speaker 2: Give them some unclaimed mail.
Speaker 1: This is just like Okay, I think there was a television show that they made out of this, where these luggage that went unclaimed they put it at auction. It's just like the Storage Wars. Okay, there's unclaimed mail. You're not digging through the trash to find junk mail that people toss out.
Speaker 2: You order a mystery box of a certain size.
Speaker 1: You can go between forty dollars for a small one to hundred dollars for a large one, and then the I guess the fun is opening up some random shipping packages, and it could be anything. You're not guaranteed to get something of value. It's just supposed to be an experience for somebody. Box kind of description. You're it's an expensive white elephant kind of deal. One person said their mystery box had a knockoff Chanel bag, a human size Bowser suit, is that a Mario thing?
Speaker 2: Mario?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: And a bunch of fake id's and that person thought it was hilarious.
Speaker 3: Hilarious.
Speaker 1: One got a little awkward. Somebody got one for their boss who insisted that they didn't want anything lingerie, and some naughty toys and I think you know what I mean by naughty toys. Okay. Someone else got a personalized blanket featuring photos of a random bearded man, his part and a baby with a message that said Happy Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: Now you're stuck with that blanket. You're throwing that away immediately?
Speaker 3: How bored are you?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Who's this bearded dude?
Speaker 2: And who's Tiffany? He says, Happy Mother's Day, Tiffany.
Speaker 1: It's specific, it's for the person that was intended for, and they can't all be winners. That person says their niece uses the blanket all the time.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 1: So I just looked up unclaimed packages and then I googled canceled orders where to buy?
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: A simple Google search of buying mystery boxes as gifts pulls up a million things, literal mystery boxes.
Speaker 2: You don't know what you're getting.
Speaker 3: It's I mean, I can't get on board with it.
Speaker 1: It's like a pack of baseball cards. You can't just go out and buy. You know, Aaron Judge, you have to keep buying baseball card packs to try to get that Alex. That's what he does. He keeps opening and opening and opening and hoping that Aaron Judge is in there. You know, here someone who's opening them up and they just hope they're getting l tub just gotta keep opening it.
Speaker 3: I don't have that hope. I don't have that opening gene thing where I need to go. I feel like you, you, all the money you spend trying to get to that air and Judge, just like, just go buy yourself something nice, something actually useful and nice.
Speaker 1: It could become incredibly awkward if you hand your boss something and there's a bunch of butt plugs in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not a good look. But you.
Speaker 1: You have to absolutely set up. You can't just random. You can't just say, hey, I picked this out for you, this is perfect for you, and then you just taking a gamblo. You have to explain it's supposed to be an experience and you just don't know what's going to be in there.
Speaker 3: Like I picked these plugs out, I'm going straight for you.
Speaker 1: I looked Wall Street Journal just did a story on this. That's how I found out about it, and I went to fundelivered dot com. They were out of stock after the story came out, so then you had you got to go Google. And there's all sorts of mystery boxes that you can buy online up to it, including on Amazon. Dot Com has things called mystery boxes. But some of them are you know that there's going to be this type of thing in the box. These are truly Some of these are just unclaimed mail that I guess this company bought the stuff at an auction and then just does it open it and chips it off to idiots.
Speaker 2: That illegal.
Speaker 1: If it sits unclaimed long enough. It's just like the Storage Wars thing.
Speaker 2: All right, you can go google that on your own.
Speaker 1: It's ninety four to five to the Bus, Slash Shape, Pokas ninety four the Bus Good Morning's Rod Ryan Show Throwback Thursday. Have you voted yet?
Speaker 2: Please do me a solid cast your vote on LinkedIn.
Speaker 1: Yes today sunny sky is today ten percent chance of rain, high of sixty six. This is pretty funny. Steve the Breadman, he's a bread guy. I don't know Steve the Breadman. Yeah, it was one guy that we everybody gave him a pass on giving himself a name. He gave himself that he signs his email Steve the Breadman. He's easy to remember, Brother Rod. Earlier this morning, I answered no to your poll question about company holiday parties. However, after careful consideration, I've decided to change my answer to yes. As a self employed bread man, I've decided that I think I will treat myself to a Christmas party.
Speaker 3: There you go, you should.
Speaker 1: He's gonna throw himself off a Christmas party, as you should.
Speaker 2: I mean, don't you work for somebody who's bread are you delivering?
Speaker 1: He goes, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I don't know where, but one day I'm going to be out drinking at a bar somewhere and decide This is my Christmas part I love you guys, Merry Christmas. That was yesterday's poll question. Oh no, that's today's Poul question. I to a Christmas party at work. I just told you about these mystery boxes.
Speaker 14: Um.
Speaker 1: I was reminded of an email that my dear friend Deb sent me from Brand Management Professionals. Ever heard of them? BMP. They do all of our printing, They host the store, they do everything for the Rod Ryan Show Cares store. Deb sweetest person on the planet. Please do me a favor. Rod tell people to come pick up their orders. I'm going to hold them until January tenth. After that, I'm going to consider them donations. Deb sent out. Get this. You're wondering, like, okay, where are all these unclaimed packages and these things in these mystery boxes? Rod I sent out one hundred and ninety emails on November twenty fifth through the twenty seventh to anyone that had in old order. She has one hundred and ninety unpicked.
Speaker 2: Up orders that I get it. I'm glad I got your money.
Speaker 1: That check's already been cut. Guys, that's great, thank you for going in. But if you chose to pick up your order at BMP and you didn't. How long do you think they're gonna.
Speaker 3: Hold on to that stuff like they can't keep it forever.
Speaker 1: She sent out one hundred and ninety emails. You know how much work that is for her. I love them over there, Thank you, deb So it took her a couple of days to send these out. To anyone that hold it had an old order, I will send out a new slew of emails. She's the best next week. To anyone that had an order in the pre order period that hasn't picked up. But if you can please give me a shout out, that would really really help. I know a guy that had at one point six packages over there. His name is Pat Morrero. Okay, Now listen, Pat unbelievable supporter of the show. He interacts all the time with us. He's smart with his comments, he's always listening. And I know that he went in there and he bought a ton of stuff. Pat, I'm talking to you. Did you pick up your stuff or are you five of those one and ninety emails and five of those one hundred and ninety packages that are sitting over there. So this is coming from a place of love. Thank you so much. For your orders.
Speaker 2: You wanted to dodge the shipping cost. I don't blame you, but don't.
Speaker 1: Not pick up your stuff. I want you, I want you to have that stuff that I don't want to confiscate it. You know what I mean. I want and I also don't want to take up spot. Listen, they've only got so much room over there and them hanging on to our stuff. That's a lot one hundred and ninety packages. These things are ready to go with your name on it sitting there. Please go pick it up before the holidays. Okay, any quo.
Speaker 2: If you have any questions, you can email me directly.
Speaker 15: The rod Ryan Morning Show six The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show seven fifty two. I'm learning about wham ageddin. I whammed people today on the show. I'll explain everything after eight o'clock. Also, I'm getting my last minute words here for read my lips. The boys are at it again. They're going to go tote it. Tell in a little read my lips action. It's gonna thank Alex for some stupid word that came in today.
Speaker 2: Unionization strategy.
Speaker 1: I wonder where you got that idea. I wonder, Oh, because I'm using I'm unionizing unionization strategy. Can you imagine if I use that during read my lips? You couldn't get men.
Speaker 2: You couldn't use it. This weigu than perfect.
Speaker 1: You couldn't have gottend.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to get that.
Speaker 1: I didn't put it in the worst words if Peo will send you this week, I didn't put it in because I shuffle them.
Speaker 2: I don't do words specifically for players. Now, some words come in. Obviously Alex has been talking about unionizing over there, but.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't start. I would run the risk of Chili getting that word. Wouldn't be fair. Why really loves union unionization strategy? Think about if you got that word.
Speaker 3: I would have loved to get that word. I would be the champion.
Speaker 2: They're so nice, They're all so cheerful when they're in the heat of battle.
Speaker 3: I've been lovely this whole game.
Speaker 1: Sunny sky Ye ten percent chance of braid highs them around sixty six. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: President elect Donald Trump has had quite a few big days this year, but today might make the top ten list. At least Trump is ringing the opening belve to New York Stock Exchange and on the same day he'll be named Times twenty twenty four Person of the Year. This is according to a source that told the Associated Press that he is indeed the selection for the Time Award, winning over other nominees that included Elon Musk, Benjamin Nett and Yahoo Kate, the.
Speaker 3: Princess of Wales, and Kamala Harris. The Federal Aviation Administration plans to post a preliminary report today about a plane crash in Victoria that happened yesterday afternoon. According to that FAA, the pilot, it was only the pilot on board. It was a twin engine plane that went down around three pm at this busy intersection in Victoria. The police of Victoria say the plane hit three cars and sent four people to the hospital.
Speaker 4: One of them was serious injuries. The plane was reportedly registered to a business in Mississippi.
Speaker 1: There's got to be some aviation nut job that listens to this show. You guys remember a fun fact about planes and emergency landings and something with interstates. I mean it is in the playbook. I think if your plane is going down and it was.
Speaker 5: A stretching like a certain part of the United States where you were able to like land. I think they were playing on like fighter jets and stuff in the war, weren't they.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: I can't remember how they can take off under overpasses, So overpasses have to be a certain height.
Speaker 1: There's just something in the playbook, like I think, if you're going down. Number one is look for an open field. Number two, here's the roads that have been approved to land on. Something like that. There was a fun fact about it that was in just a few words that we all were kind of blown away by. This road was not approved and as a matter of fact, where it looked like everything was going down was an intersection. Have you seen the footage of the plane coming in. I have, Yeah, it must be some kind of dash cam and it just caught this horrifying Yeah, because I don't think there was an open field nearby. So the next thing is you just look for a strip of you know, a asphalt that's kind of like a landing strip, and you hope that there's not a lot of cars. And there was a lot of cars on this one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank god, no one was killed.
Speaker 3: Let's talk Let's switch gears here and talk about toys. We're always doing like these Hall of Fame toys. But does anyone remember.
Speaker 1: The Nobody remembers this. It's insane.
Speaker 4: So okay, So but you remember erector sets. You know what an director set is. It was in the Sandlot movie. That's the only reference to an erector set that I have.
Speaker 1: It was old. It's an old toy like Lincoln Logs that like, you know, your your grandma played with.
Speaker 3: So the guy behind the Erector set also came up with this science kit way back in like nineteen fifty. Okay.
Speaker 4: It was called the Gilbert U two thirty eight Atomic Energy Laboratory.
Speaker 1: Somebody had to stamp this thing and said approved, get this thing out on store shelves for Christmas.
Speaker 3: So it came with actual uranium.
Speaker 4: It had four glass jars, each with a small amount of radio active material inside, so you could use a Geiger counter to test the radiation levels, which I guess.
Speaker 3: Was a lot of fun back in the nineteen fifties.
Speaker 4: I don't know so truly, the game wasn't that dangerous as long as you didn't open the jars.
Speaker 3: But if you're a kid playing around with stuff, what are you gonna do? You're gonna open a jar and you're exposed to that radiation. I mean, this is the same amount of radiation you'd get from a full day in the sun. Okay, So now I was.
Speaker 1: A kid's toy with radium uranium in it.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, So it sold at auction.
Speaker 4: The Gilbert You two thirty Atomic Anafty Laboratory sold at auction for thirteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's the same, but I learned about this from Tom Morello. He talked about have you ever heard of the Radium Girls? You know what these men who this is? He did a song with p Riot Scales. They did a song together, a collab, the Radium Girls. They worked in a factory and they used radium and they hand painted watches that would glow in the dark. And they said that this stuff is fine, and people's jaws started falling off. Oh my god, there's a documentary on it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Look, this is not something like gross like you know Steven Tyler, who's on right now. You don't want to google his feet right now, Just don't don't google his feet if you want a little history lesson this. Radium Girls is the craziest thing ever.
Speaker 3: It's a documentary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a documentary on it.
Speaker 3: I'd love to watch that.
Speaker 1: And it's just all this old black and white footage of and it was all women that worked in this factory, and they were told, don't worry about it. You know what they were doing. They were taking the paint brushes. They were rubbing them on their tongues to get a point, and they were putting it in radium and they were painting. They were painting the numbers on the dial so that they would glow in the dark on the watches and their tongues are falling out of their faces.
Speaker 3: I do Oh my god, I do remember glowing the dark like watch numbers.
Speaker 7: That for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they used radium back in Yice.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, sorry, suck, no no worries. That's very interesting. Let's talk about entertainment news. Because the Marvel Universe is going to pay Robert Downey Junior a lot of money. They want him to play doctor Doom in the next two of Venders movies. Now, listen, they killed off iron Man, but they need this guy back to play doctor Doom.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: So apparently, according to Variety. Anthony and Joe Russo are making eighty million dollars to direct their next movies, and Downey is getting significantly more than them for his role. So in addition to over eighty million dollars, he's also gonna get crazy perks, private jet travel, dedicated security trailer, and camp hit on the set.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Downey's already made between five hundred and six hundred million from the franchise, and it's by far the highest paid member of MCU.
Speaker 1: We all sound dumb when we try to chime in on superhero movies. This is what I do need answered today.
Speaker 2: I can help.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, I don't want you to answer no, because you're going to work in Baby yodas something he's DC. Could they not find anybody else? Is Robert Downey Jr? So great? I know him as Tony Stark the same everybody knows him as Iron Man. Are you going to be able to watch a movie and pretend that he didn't do that other role and now you're just going to look at him as Doctor Doom? Wouldn't you want a fresh face in there? Or is Robert Downey Junr. So great that you you you'll be able to think of him as another character.
Speaker 2: Ryan Reynolds was Green Lantern before and now he's Deadpool.
Speaker 1: But that was a failure. Green Lantern was a failure. Iron Man like the biggest. I mean, you just said he was the highest baby guy. So I don't know, it's just why did they get someone else?
Speaker 4: I think the when there's so much money invested, I think they are so scared to think out of the box and bring someone you in. I think they say, this guy has a proven track, regor we know everyone loves him, they'll love it. It's fine. Like that's how I think.
Speaker 3: I like, they're not going to just bring in some new kid, even though we would love to see someone. You allowed to see someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like why don't you ask like John Ham to be Doctor Doom, Timothy challmeye.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, or Austin Butler.
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 1: You know what Austin Butler is going to do? You see this what they're reimagining American Psycho.
Speaker 3: Oh I did see that. I did see that, and it's going to be.
Speaker 1: Him, American Psycho to electric boololoo.
Speaker 3: Shoes, all right?
Speaker 4: What food fighters may have quietly canceled a planned twenty twenty five tour. This guy who is the founder and director of health S. He's a French dude. He was giving he was giving an interview just like that, and he like basically talking like it was common knowledge. He was like, oh, you know, when the Food Fighters canceled, there's summer tour. Mus was called in as a replacement, and people were like, whoa what?
Speaker 3: Uh So Food Fighters had canceled a September appearance. Apparently that was before Dave Girl issued his statement. But there was something planned for twenty twenty five. Of course, there was something for twenty twenty five plan. They were everywhere. Yeah, they were everywhere and now they're nowhere, like not a peep. Those are used in seadlights.
Speaker 1: Keep the snake in its cage, Keep a snake in a cage. Isn't that what Falker's father in law told him. Oh no, he always said that, keep the snake in its cage. That's why those tours Canceled't keep the snake in his cage. All right, what do you got?
Speaker 5: Although a snake was slither out of a cage immediately, rockets are going to Vegas.
Speaker 2: They got by the Warriors last night.
Speaker 5: Ninety one to ninety to advance to the semifinals of the NBA Cup. The win snap would had been a fifteen game losing streak to Golden State. Rockets are not going to play the Thunder in the semi finals on Saturday night. The championship game is going to be on Tuesday. On Thursday Night Football. We got George Kittle in the San Francisco forty nine ers hosting Matt Stafford in the La Rams forty nine ers or three point favorites in this one. Kickoff is at seven to fifteen. You can watch her an Amazon Prime. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 15: The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six.
Speaker 1: The Bus ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Halfway corner of the show, pap Hop halfway point, My Goodness, going by quick today. All right, you know we're planning read my lips later on this hour. I think I've got all my words. Of course, I'll do a last minute scan. Email's coming in all morning long. It's you guys have been very very active this morning since Home Rule. Email has been porn in ten percent chance rain Sonny hies up around sixty six. Brett, who listens in home room says the fun fact about the planes landing on the roads. He said, Rod, it you definitely did a fun fact on this. It was something like every four miles there's a one mile flat of highway for emergency landings for planes. This plane landing in Victoria, Texas. I thinks, yes, thank god, nobody died. But yeah, a plane landed on a stretch of road, but it was packed with cars. The accident where you see the plane sitting in the middle of an intersection. It's the craziest thing to see a plane in an intersection where there are it's not an airport intersection, it's a car one of our intersections that we use. Thank you, Brett. I think you're right. It was something like that. Stephanie says, Rod, this is why we love the show. I am now currently doing a deep dive on.
Speaker 2: The radio on the Radium Girls. She never heard that story before.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Wikipedia, Radium Girls insane.
Speaker 1: It's I learned about it from Tom Morello, who did a song with p Riot those gals, and I think the song is called Radium Girls. And I said, what are you guys singing about? And I learned about them, and there's a documentary that I watched on it. I think they actually made a movie about it. But there was a factory in New Jersey. I don't know, nineteen thirties.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm from nineteen seventeen to nineteen twenty six, Okay.
Speaker 2: Very good for the thirties.
Speaker 1: And they were using radium as paint in the paint and it was just women that had this job for some reason, and they were using paint brushes. They were dipping the paint brushes onto their tongues to bring the paintbrush to a point.
Speaker 2: They were dipping it in radium. What was radium doing on the face of a watch?
Speaker 1: Well, the numbers were glowing the dark on these fancy watches, right, And they were getting radiation poisoning and.
Speaker 4: They would develop anemia, bone fractures.
Speaker 1: These women were withering away to nothing acro sees of the jaw, and they were complaining to the company. They're like, something's up here, and the company would not admit to any fault. And it was women fighting against these men that were that were running this company, and they weren't getting anywhere, and they.
Speaker 3: Would and they were dying, like there were so many worker debts and they would blame it on like syphilis. They were like trying to smear the reputations of the women. They'd be like, it's not us, these girls are worse guys. It's not our radium.
Speaker 1: So she's going down that deep dives right now. I had then one other email. I had no idea that whamagetam was, Whamageddon was happening.
Speaker 14: What is that?
Speaker 2: What isn't it? I'm just gonna tell you if you are involved.
Speaker 1: In this and you don't want to be exposure.
Speaker 3: Lots of exposure going on.
Speaker 1: It turned on your radio, I like, I just whammed people. Earlier when you were talking about a list of the least favorite Christmas songs. It's well known that I just don't care for this song.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm it's not known why, but it's just I.
Speaker 1: Just think it stinks. I just I think it stinks. I think George Michael's very I think he was very talented. I don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: He always talks about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, what are the rules of Whamageddon? Never heard this before, but the game was obviously created by like minded people like myself. The first rule, The objective is to go as long as possible. Without hearing Wham's Christmas classic Last Christmas. The second rule game starts on December first, finishes at the end of December. On the twenty fourth third rule, only the original version applies because there's a there's a Taylor Swift version and probably play fourth rule. You're out. As soon as you recognize the song. You must go on social media and say hashtag wamageddon. You were whammed, you got you were a victim of Wamageddon.
Speaker 3: You were listening to this show.
Speaker 1: You're trying to avoid this song. They could have used any Christmas song. As a matter of fact, I'm surprised they're not using Mariah Carey, but they must think that you can't avoid that one. This song is perfect for Wamageddon, and the name's funny. Nobody, the person that created this game doesn't like the song clearly now. I sure it has something to do with the name and getting whammed and all that that plays in. Well, I'm not the only one that doesn't like the song. Well, okay, so I'm sorry if you're playing the game and I ruined it. Yeah, lots, I told you. I told you a Wamageddon was I told you exposure?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: I told you exposure was coming. Okay, all right, thank you. Sorry if I ruined your wamageddon, it's my lips. The boys, Oh, I mean, why would I do it? Kill that WAM for me? You want more wam No, kill the WAM for me.
Speaker 3: Clarity lost. Here we go, Bob, You're China the boys already Okaya.
Speaker 1: Puts a smile on my face every time. The twins are gonna be playing each other. Uh so, we're gonna be getting you guys to call in after the break, after the break. But it's chilly taking on Alex today, and read my lips. Alex, there's a there's a strange calm over him right now, as he has already realized mathematically, he is the twenty twenty four Champion of the Year.
Speaker 6: So good for him.
Speaker 15: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The This Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. All right, we're getting last minute preparations here. I got my words ready to go. Thank you for sending those all to me. Throw back Thursday today, Yes, but read my lips. Coming up sunny skuys today. Nothing over a timpercent chance of rain. Heighth today around sixty six was trending.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Tom Brady had this goats collection up for auction, and you know, like one of his rolexes fetch like a million dollars, the Michigan jersey he wore in his final college games.
Speaker 1: Doing it for charity. It doesn't need the money, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's I don't know if it's for charity. The takeaway here was that he brought a lot of fresh blood to the auction house.
Speaker 3: According to this report, so eight.
Speaker 4: Hundred like millionaires, billionaires, whatever were registered for this auction. Thirty four percent of them were new customers, and forty percent were under forty years old, which is pretty significant because normally it's people over forty that have the money and the means to do these things. But Tom Brady bringing fresh blood to the to the auction.
Speaker 1: It's got The contract that he got for his broadcasting contract was more money than he made playing. Probably he's not hurting, So I hope this is for I mean, he doesn't have to, but I'm thinking he says want Okay, it's just for Southby's.
Speaker 3: Also Kroger and Albertson's. We talked about their merger how it was blocked by federal regulators and the Washington State Attorney General yesterday. Now Albertson's is suing Kroger.
Speaker 4: They says that Albertson says say that Kroger failed to divest assets necessary to get the approval. They're saying the whole reason the mergers and you go through was because of whatever Kroger did.
Speaker 3: So that's something. And then yeah, those are some of the bigger headlines.
Speaker 1: And sure, I'm gonna take a page out of your book. I don't know that it's trending yet, but it's important. But if you go to our Instagram this morning, and I don't know that you have, I have not yet. If you go to at rod Ryan's show, adverse this this is gold and you have so Udy even say, loos, how is this not trending? Nice hollow the ranges. He used to laugh.
Speaker 17: We call him the rude.
Speaker 2: Getting range gaze.
Speaker 5: And one called me Christmassy.
Speaker 1: Oh Sa came to say to it.
Speaker 3: Can you'll taked?
Speaker 6: Is it good?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Lez, how is that not trending? Instagram? Instagram? At rod Ryan's show, It's time.
Speaker 3: To read my lips.
Speaker 1: I didn't know I needed it, but I didn't need that that. You know where I found that? On all things? I told you I stopped at a Creed meme about three months ago. I get them all now in my algorithm.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: The internet thinks I love Creed.
Speaker 3: They're not wrong.
Speaker 1: Chili loves Creed loves Preed.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Chili is taking on Alex this morning.
Speaker 1: Now comes the time for you to call in choose which which twin you want to rep you. It doesn't seem like Alex cares and just that's just my read in the room. It dis don't.
Speaker 3: Here's a chill guy.
Speaker 1: He has locked up the twenty twenty four championship of Reading My Lips, so he is. There's this unbelievable calm over him right now. So he's taking on the Chili. You pick your horse. They're trying to win you some Tody's tickets. Read my Lips coming up next.
Speaker 15: Okay, everybody, just calm right down with your holiday Crawn the wrong.
Speaker 3: Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four, five.
Speaker 1: Ninety four, five, ninety more buzz, come on, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: That's three days, Grace and I hate everything about you, man.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty five is gonna be a huge year for three days Grace going out there tuning with their two singers. Man, that's huge.
Speaker 8: That is awesome.
Speaker 1: Help you're off to a great start to your day. Throwback Thursday, Thank you for all the votes. Chili walked in here Throwback Thursday like like he's in the Temple of the Dog video. I'm going hungry. I can't tell him hungry.
Speaker 2: I love he's he's got that Seattle flannel on this morning.
Speaker 1: He's very grungy. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: Dude, you don't look like you are game ready. I'm growing hungry.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, man on hom alright, guys, all right, we got we got Seattle Chili, and we got the twenty twenty four champion, Alex throwing at it. It's read my lips. You look very you look cozy and it's warm. You look cozy. I'm comfortable snuggle with you. Hey, Hey, killed the application, Steven. Good morning, Stephen morning. I'm doing great. Who are you snuggling up to in the game?
Speaker 6: I got, I got Chili.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna go cold.
Speaker 1: You ain't gonna call him. No, he's buttoned now, he's buttoning up the flannel.
Speaker 17: That's professional flannel.
Speaker 1: Cheatings. Okay, Stephen wise choice picking Chili wise choice? Uh, Mandy, good morning, Mandy, Good morning, Mandy, my girl. Yeah, you're going with Alex.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, he's got it.
Speaker 1: He's got this.
Speaker 2: I don't know the idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank for the year.
Speaker 1: He's the year long champion.
Speaker 2: Tessa.
Speaker 1: You time keeping?
Speaker 2: I am okay, so you're all ready to go?
Speaker 3: I'm ready timekeeper this side of the Mississippi.
Speaker 1: Say hello, Chili? Who's going say hello to heaven as a tumble of the dogs on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry, who's going? First year?
Speaker 3: Chili?
Speaker 1: What do you want to do?
Speaker 6: Go first?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: EVENI all right, there's Chili. He needed his music to suit up, get the headphones on and all of that stuff.
Speaker 6: I got you.
Speaker 1: Okay. He looks like he's ready to roll.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, grunch worthless garage.
Speaker 1: He's so grungey today.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not like a like a worn in flannel. That sucker looks like right off the rack on the back, that looks brand. That's a brand new flannel. He just got that game. He just got that. Amazon showed up yesterday right on his back. So bay so cozy. Where's yours? Twin brother?
Speaker 2: He ain't give me one. Yeah, that's for Christmas.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. Chili's going first twenty seconds. As soon as I say the word, please start timing twenty seconds, Ashley with and I sent this one in.
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Thumbs up, let's go, let's go. I'm going hug here we go? Why is he still singing?
Speaker 6: Here we go?
Speaker 8: Come on?
Speaker 1: Thumbs up?
Speaker 6: Come on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, whenever y'all are ready.
Speaker 1: There's something about there's something. If it's just Chili, I don't have this problem with anyone else on the show. And when I look at Chili, he starts laughing when he looks at me. I don't know how to take that funny here okay, here we go.
Speaker 9: Profession hog shot, hot chest, hog shot, hog howk shot, hog shot, hot chase, hog shot, hot jack, hot jack, hog shot, hog hard shot, hog shot jack.
Speaker 3: Hot chase was my favorite.
Speaker 1: He's going hungry.
Speaker 2: Last year or last week's open phones.
Speaker 1: Take the shot, Take the shot, Take the shot. A hog went down during open Phones.
Speaker 2: I don't know, good Ford pick.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 2: Alice clearly sent out some hogshots to be a Robert feelin.
Speaker 1: I'm okay, here we go. Now, this one's giggling, he did. Can't even hear us, but he's thinking what a hogshot is too?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Catle's magoo over here?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Oh my gosh, I don't pay to giggle. Okay, it's nice.
Speaker 8: Eli.
Speaker 1: I think I'm a friend. I'm with him right now. Eli sent this in thumbs up.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Bonus check, booty shake, Bonus check, bonus chick.
Speaker 7: There we go.
Speaker 1: Did he say bonus?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I thought he said, you know what, check bonus jack? He said, all right, very good, all right, that's one for chili job chili. Maybe where is this some bonus checks? What's bonus check code for? It's like a walking urban dictionary over there? Where he got, I will not have Yeah, that's probably not happening. Okay. This one was from today. Doesn't have to be said on the show. It wasn't actually set on the show. But he put together a story and he came up with this. I think it's a tough one, Chili Cornell. He's got his work cut out for him on this one. Here, all right, here we go. Shane sent this one in thumbs up.
Speaker 19: Let's go Banana cramp banana rap, banana cramp, banana trip, banana cramp, banana grip, banana cramp, banana cramp, grape cramp, banana creen, banana cramp, banana.
Speaker 1: You thought you had?
Speaker 2: He thought banana cream?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 2: And when you sometimes, yeah, you just whiff on that banana cream.
Speaker 1: You can't get anything else.
Speaker 2: In your head.
Speaker 1: After that, he was never mind you started first. Chilli better? Uh, banana cramp? Oh cramp. They had a cramp in my leg, and somebody said, eat bananas banana cramp.
Speaker 2: Well, no, after Alex explained what a hogshot is that.
Speaker 1: That's the dirtiest thing.
Speaker 2: Hey, couple of girls have said to me that they slaid a home. Okay, Stephen, Stephen, that's what your guy got you.
Speaker 1: He got your one.
Speaker 6: Okay, it is still better than that.
Speaker 17: It's all right, he.
Speaker 1: Got your one. One's better than none, all right, Lane, Chili Staley, just keep your eyes on your twin over here. Now it looks like it's in a box.
Speaker 2: I'm sure somebody wanted you to get this one.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, pretty sure, Chili cobaine, Oh thumbs up, Pandora centizen mint vomit? What mint vomit?
Speaker 20: Minting fat man. Mint vomit, mint bisk mint vomit, mint vomit. Something did he get did he get mint at the under?
Speaker 1: I mean bisc was Yeah, I guess mint vomit. That's chili after chili brown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's getting angry.
Speaker 17: He's getting angry.
Speaker 1: All right, upset now, all right, looking at you with mint. Hey, we're thinking of you, Chili Wiland.
Speaker 6: We are.
Speaker 1: Sorry. Willie sent this one into us thumbs up. Whoa, whoa, here we go, Here we go. I got you, I got you covered here. Leg lamp, late lip, leg lamp, leg lamp, leg lamp. There were two stories about the leg lamp. Somebody stole one and then what was your I thought one made Yeah, that was your story, and then my story was crazy criminal blog. Somebody stole one. Willie leg lamp. H okay, chili growl. He gets this, he gets this, and it's over for that flannel hell. Chris d sent this one in thumbs up.
Speaker 2: Ye, filthy animal, filthy animal.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 7: Wow, that was.
Speaker 3: Game. His favorite movie.
Speaker 1: Get your rusty cage out of here. You're done. Grungey. Alex is the winner. Mandy is the winner. Manday yay, Mandy a great job.
Speaker 2: Job, you great job thinking.
Speaker 1: What are you giving her?
Speaker 3: Hey, you get a pair of tickets to see Toady's at the House of Blues. Congratulations, thank you?
Speaker 1: All right, sure, and there goes the flannel right out of here.
Speaker 2: Here is Miss'm already.
Speaker 1: It just got colder in here. It was it was warmer with that flannel in this room.
Speaker 11: Now it's Houston Hos Alternative and Home of The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Shine Down, Dead, Don't Die, Rod Ryan Show Throwback Thursday. Better than Ezra is in the lead right now. It's still really close between.
Speaker 2: All three songs. The song that I wanted, Puddle of Mud Famous.
Speaker 1: It is in last place Rockefeller Scank from Fat Boy Slim sitting right there in the middle. If you haven't voted yet, your vote absolutely matters. Winning song played today at nine to thirty. By this time tomorrow, we're gonna know who's playing Buzzfest. We're going to know where and where all of that stuff. Eight thirty tomorrow. Buzzfest announcement. Stunny Skies today ten percent chance of rain high sixty six one final time. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Let's start with President Biden, who is commuting the sentences of around fifteen hundred people and pardoning thirty nine others convicted of non violent crimes. The White House says today's announcement is the single largest one day active clemency in modern history. Biden says he plans to grant more clemency in the final weeks of his presidency.
Speaker 3: Holiday travel numbers this year at record highs.
Speaker 4: Almost one hundred and twenty million people will travel at least fifty miles away from home. This is according to Triple A, and with Christmas Day falling on a Wednesday, smack dab in.
Speaker 3: The middle of league.
Speaker 4: According to Triple A, that makes both weekends before and after big travel week. Okay, so I don't know how soon sales is going to be out of here, if it's going to start like that Monday, or if it'll be that Friday the following Monday, because then you got, you know, New Year's to play for. And since it is the busiest time of year for Santa Claus, he somehow made time to stage his house for Zillo. His North Pole home has a special listing on Zillo, and it's been one of the most visited off market homes with more than three million views and counting.
Speaker 3: So it's not for sale, but Santa's home is now worth.
Speaker 4: One point two million dollars according to zillo Zilla also helping families who have recently moved with a new feature.
Speaker 3: Let Santa no you moved. It's a button Onzilo and it lets Santa know your new address, so kids don't have to stress that Santa won't be able to find them on Christmas Eve.
Speaker 1: I wonder if this is from his house. This santic clause. It sounds like Michael blue Blair to me, probably gets I think a bo Blake. I think blue Blake gets paid, played a lot in.
Speaker 3: The north Pole, in the in the claw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a sweet crib. It's a sweet, sweet crib. If you're into like the whole Zillow thing, this is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I love Zillow. I just always pull it up no matter where you.
Speaker 1: Don't want you hated owning a house. What are you looking at that for?
Speaker 3: It's just like it's part of daydreaming. Since I'm a creative. Just like, what would I do here? Would I be a homesteader? How much would I hate with this house, Like, maybe I could paint.
Speaker 1: This, you know, nicest house is. I would hate it. No, I would hate owning it.
Speaker 3: You have to get the right one. It has to be the right thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough, I could lease it.
Speaker 1: We're talking about Christmas movies here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe these are playing at Santa Claus's house. It's not the first one, won't be the last.
Speaker 4: But here's Entertainment Weekly's list of the best Christmas movies.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be the top five. One It's a Wonderful Life. Two A Christmas Story, Three Charlie Brown Christmas four ELF and five.
Speaker 4: The nineteen sixty six version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas?
Speaker 1: Truly seen any of those? He must have saw the original Grinch, Charlie Brown, Christmas Charles Burn. But has he ever seen it on television?
Speaker 3: I don't know. You're gonna have to ask.
Speaker 1: He's never seen it. He's never seen It's a Wonderful Life. Okay? What was number two?
Speaker 3: A Christmas Story?
Speaker 1: Everyone has seen that just because of the twenty four hours, so I know he's seen this. Ask Kim, all right, Chili, you've never seen It's a Wonderful Life. Nah, you have seen a Christmas story, not even you'll shoot your eye out with the baby gun.
Speaker 7: Never?
Speaker 17: What about Charlie I've seen parts and bits of it, okay, but it's just never watched it, like from the beginning to start.
Speaker 1: Now we all know that your readings of Charlie Brown Christmas are legendary, and as with all of the Holidays with Charlie Brown. But have you ever seen the special?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 7: Never?
Speaker 1: What's number four? Elf? You've seen Elf? Yeah, I've seen Elf, damn one of them?
Speaker 3: What about how the Grids sold Christmas?
Speaker 1: The original one, the og one? Never Boris Karlov all right, never unbelievable.
Speaker 3: And they'd watch bat Senna went into bad Sanna is number seven on this list.
Speaker 2: It's a great film. Bernie Matt Christmas, Oh a hundred times.
Speaker 1: Yeahda mideal Old Lord of course he saw that.
Speaker 4: USA today says the Chipmunk song Christmas Don't Be Late by Alvin and the Chipmunks is the worst Christmas song.
Speaker 1: It was a good argument for that.
Speaker 3: It's followed by Elma and Patsy's Grandma got run over by a reindeer?
Speaker 1: And what about I want to hip?
Speaker 2: What about I want to Hippopotamus for Christmas.
Speaker 3: I want to hip Nope, that's not all here. What it's great?
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: Well, not accord to this, they say the.
Speaker 1: Donkey Dominick the don I think Italian on a song.
Speaker 4: A Little Drummer Boy by Jessica n Ashley Simpson is number four, and it's not the song Monkey Christmas by New Kids on the Block as number five.
Speaker 1: So going back to Little Drummer Boy, which is one of the greats of all time, it's that version, right, Okay, it's yeah, somebody can ruin a Christmas song for sure.
Speaker 2: Those are just deadlines, like how boot blame makes them better. It's like the opposite people can do.
Speaker 1: Not true bla makes everything better. Is my least favorite. It's like the right seasoning Christmas season? What do you got over that Tony season? Rocket Like Old Bay.
Speaker 5: Rockets got by the Warriors last night ninety one to ninety to advance the semifinals of the NBA Cup. The win Snapple would have been a fifteen game losing streak to Golden State. Rockets are now going to play the Thunder in the semi finals on Saturday night. If they win the championship, game will be on Tuesday on Thursday Night Football. We got George Kittle in the San Francisco forty nine ers hosting Matt Stafford and the Rams forty nine ers at three point favorites in this one. Kickoff is at seven to fifteen and you can watch it on Amazon Prime. That is what's going on in squirts.
Speaker 1: Bill Belichick going to college football, that's not a huge story.
Speaker 2: You're just sorry you can't go to the Cowboys, so sucks for them.
Speaker 3: I almost said it in trending, but I went with the eyes.
Speaker 1: They're not a perfect I'm telling you right now, if Sean McDermott mismanages the clock and we don't at least go weat Bills, don't go to the super Bowl, I'll take Belichick.
Speaker 5: You can't now because he's he's new John ten million a year huh yeah for five years, and he's probably doing it to set his son up to be the next coach.
Speaker 2: That's nice Steve Bellichick, I believe.
Speaker 3: And so his girlfriend can hang out with Frills, his son is.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows it's Chili Belichick.
Speaker 15: Houston's and The Rod Ryan Morning Show six Am, The Buzz, Yeah, ninety four or five the buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: It's Green Day Boulevard and Broken Dreams And here we are in the last alur together guys. Winning song today. I'm gonna go check the winning song today for Throwback Thursday is going to be played. It's really a three horse race right now. The last time I checked it was very close. Not a bad chunk of votes this morning too, better than Ezra thirty eight percent, fat Boy Slim Rockefeller Skank thirty four percent. Puddle of Mud My favorite Puddle of Mud song is in last place? Why is that? Twenty six percent? One hundred and ninety nine votes? Okay, what thee said?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 1: So that's there. Link said, yes, Ashley with and I is wondering if I'm going to bring up Lily Phillips today on the show. I saw it on like Fox News yesterday.
Speaker 2: You were watching Fox News, Rod, I watch them all, I do, I watch them all.
Speaker 1: Did you say anthing about Lily Phillips?
Speaker 3: I didn't. What's going on?
Speaker 1: She just said sex with one hundred dudes?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I saw what we posted something yet and she's feeling a certain way about that?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Guy? Found out she was gonna do it. She's an only fans model. I get it, only fans. You get this whole empowerment thing going on.
Speaker 3: That's empowered.
Speaker 1: Well, but good for her. I'm trying to talk about only fans. Where I'm trying to this story is it's become disturbing. Actually, she's an only fan model. She's been doing it since she became of age. Okay, and she's got all the lines. My parents supported me the whole way.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not supporting my kid if they do that. She offered up a hundred of her fans to come down, and she had sex with a hundred of them, and then guy found out that she was going to do this. The guy started making a doc about it, and he went in and he filmed her afterwards, after like one hundred leaves the room and he goes in and he said he wanted to throw up. It's so dark.
Speaker 3: It's so dark, but yet a hundred guys show up to participate. Well, she's there.
Speaker 1: Turn that around.
Speaker 3: I'm not turning it around. I said, she's there, one hundred guys.
Speaker 4: It's very dark, but yet it can this will happen to getting in another girl.
Speaker 3: Says, hey, I'm doing this all right, sign me up.
Speaker 1: Like she wants to do dark it gross, she wants to do something on the fifteenth, like three hundred.
Speaker 3: There you go, and I'm sure there won't be any shortage. I'm sure she'll get exactly however many she needs.
Speaker 1: You are devaluing yourself. I'm sorry. Maybe no other way to look at it. There's no other way to look at it. I get it. There's no You cannot come at me with some empowerment thing at all on this. You can't.
Speaker 8: You can't.
Speaker 1: It's a dark story. It's a really dark story. Like Paige van Zant. I don't know what any of these like OnlyFans things are doing. But I think Paige van zan is just probably showing her boobs and she's made way more money on OnlyFans than she ever made as a fighter, you know. But I don't know what she's doing on her only fans. I know she's not doing this. I'm not trying to compare the two. I get where the only fans thing, it's this outlet where people are making just unbelievable amounts of money, but more people are making no money than the people that are making tons of money. Paige van Zant was already a brand, she was already super famous, and then she went over to the only fans thing, and then immediately probably in day one, made a couple of million dollars. Same thing about I can't say your name right, Dray Matteo sounds right from Sopranos, Just oh yeah, how do you say her name? Okay, she went only to only fans.
Speaker 3: She wasn't getting Denise Richards.
Speaker 2: Also, she kind of did that to support her daughter's decision to do that.
Speaker 3: But on there doing the same things and.
Speaker 1: Make google boobs.
Speaker 2: Dudes, just google boobs.
Speaker 1: Right, But if you look at the percentage of people you hear about the people that are like having all that and getting all this money, there's people that are only fans that aren't getting anything, you know what I mean, They're not making money. Most people are not making money on only fans. Most are not, you know. So it's it's it's it gets glorified by some of these other stories of these only fans who got in there. It was making the most China, black China, China. For a little bit, she was making the most money.
Speaker 2: She made like cash me outside making money on it to maybe.
Speaker 1: Millions and millions of dollars go in that route, and then all of a sudden that becomes the inspiration I'm going to go do that. Well, who are you to begin.
Speaker 2: With plumbing going to work every day?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, there's that one. That one's at the top of the Looking at Girls blog page. Then you talked about Martha Stewart with her new first trap and Taylor Swing and the Forbes list of the world's one hundred most powerful women. Okay, so I mean you have literally both ends of the spectrum here represented. And then it goes back to Pornhub. Harley Quinn is the most searched fictional character that.
Speaker 2: You had to say, one of the most powerful women as a.
Speaker 1: That's not a real woman, guys, I got it. Do we not have one hundred people on that list? I can't tell you what's going on Pornhub. We can't get it on it in Texas. You can't get on it. You can't know. Oh, that's news to you. That's news to you. Yeah. I think that was one of those things where they want your personal information in Texas.
Speaker 5: This is all new to you, right, yeah, Sane, it's crazy. I thought that was just available to everybody.
Speaker 2: Pretty good Alex, pretty good Chili. Did we not give away a Collector's fire Eye gift card?
Speaker 1: I know I mentioned it on the show. It was before mister Skin, and then we just never executed what happened. Yeah, we never gave it away.
Speaker 17: You kept mentioning that we were going to give it away, but then mister Skin came on and that's it.
Speaker 1: We got sidetrack. Yeah, Damni Moore, Oh yeah, I get that. Okay, Yeah, so we have yesterday's and today's Yes, duol wielded, let's do this.
Speaker 2: I'll take caller number ten.
Speaker 1: I know he's gonna be piss because it's more work.
Speaker 2: And caller eleven, Okay, what.
Speaker 6: Sorry?
Speaker 1: They each.
Speaker 2: Get a one hundred dollars gift card to Collector's Firearms.
Speaker 1: Just wasn't I know that we talked about. But it's the work that you didn't have to do yesterday, right everything? Yeah, I mean, I'll show on the train. I'll take caller number ten, I'll take caller number eleven. You each get a one hundred dollars Collector's Firearms gift card. Okay, come on.
Speaker 2: Houston's Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 11: Ryan The Morning Show from six to ten am ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 1: Hi the Buzz. Good Morning, Rod Ryan's show. Normally we're talking about your new podcast on Thursdays, Alex, but you went early this week. Yeah, it's still up though, you can go watch it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. We talked about Christmas, totem Poles, the Power Ranked movie Villains, and then we gave the nominations for the twenty twenty four Gravies.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you got your big extravaganza coming up the December twenty first at Cobo's Q Downtown twenty twelve.
Speaker 2: Rusk Street.
Speaker 5: Is that place long for the world that this will be our final event at this location. They have the highway overpass that they're going to try and expansion. The expansions they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Be victim of that, right. Yeah, that's right across the street from where Big Little Wood Rows is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's right by it. Okay, share they shareff parking.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So Alex has a new pod up. All right, we got to give away some big guns. We'll give us some big guns. I got a Collectors Firearms, Collectors Firearms gift card for this person right here. Good morning Rod, Ryan's Show. Hello, Hello, who's this.
Speaker 6: This? Christina?
Speaker 1: Christina your caller number ten?
Speaker 6: What up?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, gift card collectors firearms. Yes, awesome.
Speaker 5: What do you do with it?
Speaker 1: You're gonna use it for yourself.
Speaker 2: Or new gifted? No gifting, you're using that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I mean. That's somebody's completely off the hook right now. Like you could take one person off of your list who you have to buy for.
Speaker 2: It's a great gift for somebody.
Speaker 6: That will be a great addition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he loves that. That's awesome. Okay, Christina, thank you. Hang on the phone now. That should be the end of this transaction. But apparently we didn't give away yesterday's gift card. Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Good morning Lucky your callor e and that's good you win year. Congratulations. Who am I talking to this? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean you should have missed it by one.
Speaker 1: I just gave away the gift card to call her ten, but yesterday's didn't get given away. So we said we take caller ten and eleven. Brandon, where you're from, I am from Porter. I'm gonna ask you the same thing I asked. I think it was Christina. I think it was, Yes, are you gonna gift this or are you gonna use it for yourself?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 6: I might have to go chick out the store and need it for myself, but it would be a good Christmas gift.
Speaker 1: Smart movie. Well yeah, self care is the big hot thing here. So self care, self soothing, self pleasuring. I don't know what's going on out there, but go use this thing for yourself. All right, all right, thanks sir, Congratulations online. It's als online five the muzz retail therapy.
Speaker 2: Right, that's let's see.
Speaker 1: That's what Brandon's gonna go do it, retail therapy for himself. What do you got today?
Speaker 5: Aol were a little game for you to kill some time to work today. It's called Jewel Christmas, kind of like the game be Jeweled. You're trying to match three or more of the same thing. So you got since it's Christmas. You have Christmas trees, you have stockings, you have gingerbread men, and you have presents and snowman. You try and match three or more of those, but just move it them over. As a little puzzle game, you try and see how many levels you can get through. I don't know how many levels are it's like it seems like it's endless. So see how many of you get through today at the end of work. Whoever gets through the highest hit me up if you get like to like level fifty or whatever, let me know to me an email Alex to the buzz.
Speaker 1: Are you are you going full Christmas like full throttle from now until the end of the year. Are you nervous about trying to next year or next week?
Speaker 5: I will I will do all five, but I will try to find something Christmas later tomorrow. You have one more day, yeah, so I'll try.
Speaker 2: And do one more. I'll try to do one more, but definitely next week. What about what friends character?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 1: Christmas?
Speaker 3: Next year holiday?
Speaker 2: I'm going to push Christmas friends character? Which elf?
Speaker 8: Are you?
Speaker 2: Okay? All right?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 14: It's true.
Speaker 1: First ninety four five The Buzz bad Omens. I get emails every time that song plays, every time that song place, like what is this? Who is this?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're finally playing bad Omens.
Speaker 1: You know you ares gonna hear from that person that heard their first EP and that was in Bam Pride, that used to go to band practice with them, Like I've known about this being forever. It's about time. It's about time. I agree. This sounds great on the air too, so I see what I'm getting all the emails bad omens. It's called just pretend Hi, everybody. I hope you're off to an awesome start to your day. Throwback Thursday. We do it every Thursday. I appreciate everybody getting in there and voting. I appreciate you more when you pick the song that I want to hear. Didn't happen today. Puddle of the Mud was in last place. I told you with my favorite Puddle of Mud song? Did that make it worse? Got nineteen percent of the vote. Thirty two percent of you wanted better than Ezra Good. It led almost all morning until there was some surgeon voting. It went over to over one thousand votes now on links and guests, Fat Boy Slim, Rockefeller Skank is your winner. Mom, it's so bad Thursday, whatever the hell that is.
Speaker 10: Here's your Throwback Thursday winner. On ninety four five The.
Speaker 16: Bright about now, the Funk Soul Brother Shack get out now, the Funk Soul Brother right about now, the Funk Soul Brother Shack get out now, the Funk Soul Brother right about now, funk so brother shreck get out now the funk soul brother right about now, the funk soul brother right about now now.
Speaker 18: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. They're yeah there there back there.
Speaker 10: You see it's at the side.
Speaker 16: It's out down the funk. So Rob help you now found the funk soul brother right of brock down the funk. So Rob up you now found funk soul brober right about down the funk. So well help you now found funk soul rub right of brock down the funk. So Rob help you now bound funk so romer.
Speaker 18: H brat bah brah brah blah byah brat brat this CITs at this citing, said hyeah brah brah bah. Yeah, Brad brat this cit it's at this city, said Brad bah bah bah yah yah yah back this cit it's at this Sir sat rat bah bah bah bah bah that breckon s it's up in siblings.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that rocking service up the servisa.
Speaker 13: That ye that by drapping.
Speaker 2: Sibers up the sidings.
Speaker 18: Say yeah back that that that dragon servians up the serbs.
Speaker 1: Said that by that, Yeah, rapping service at the serbs.
Speaker 16: Right about down from So brother, you're now found from soul brother right about now from so brother you now found from Hong Kong Kong ba.
Speaker 11: Ba ba.
Speaker 18: Ya sis upon sibles.
Speaker 16: Right about now soul brothers like you down found funk soul brother right a block now, funk soul brothers like you down fun funk soul brother right a flock.
Speaker 5: Now, lock Dad out, damn lot Dad out Dad out, Dawn out damn lot dawn.
Speaker 16: Bah blah blah b.
Speaker 13: B light dot down.
Speaker 16: So brothers you out down So brother right knock down bunk So brother h you down.
Speaker 6: Down so brom right out down un So.
Speaker 16: Brother right down down bone So brother you own one, So brother, So brother un you down?
Speaker 6: So well?
Speaker 18: That that that that that you SIB's episode what's that?
Speaker 3: That that's bad?
Speaker 18: That that bread after says episode, what's that? Bah bah bah bah bah.
Speaker 1: Bah bah not for fun? The buzz It was fun.
Speaker 2: That was fun this fat boy slim and Rockefeller skank.
Speaker 1: Did you guys voted it? Did you vote Alex? That's what you voted for that? Yeah? I know you did. I love that?
Speaker 3: Do you you have the song?
Speaker 1: Is it better than praise you? Praise youse?
Speaker 2: Better yeah, I praised. You just gonna see it as that part where he like holds it. Uh he like doing Oh wait, that's really him holding his voice.
Speaker 1: Okay, good voting, guys. Thank you to everybody that voted for Throwback Thursday. Today.
Speaker 2: A couple of just maintenance. This is the part of the show where I freak out.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh my god, I've been sitting on this. I didn't talk about this. I didn't talk about this, like I didn't talk about grub hub delivering a ton of cottage cheese to customers this year. One ton of cottage cheese was ordered and delivered via grub Hub this year.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of cottage cheese. Could you people making the bread.
Speaker 11: Out of it?
Speaker 3: You know the crust? Wait, you said cottage cheese crust was a big thing on TikTok food viral TikTok Oh.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just make your own. So you just like roll it out, add an egg, and then you just put it in the oven, dude, and then.
Speaker 4: It's like, here's your pizza crust, you fatty, it's pied protein.
Speaker 1: I bought a tub of cottage cheese and it sat and I threw it away with the intent of making it was you said bread you threw me off. It was almost like a tortilla.
Speaker 3: Because it was a flat It's meant to be more like a crisp yeah, roll like a rap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would like put them you would supposedly put healthy items inside of it and eat it like a rap. I meant to make that this year, and as I already said, just sat there and rotted away in my fridge and then never to be picked up again. I didn't get it delivered to my house. You guys getting these foods delivered to your house. It's crazy to me. Chicken was included in forty percent of all grubhub restaurant orders, So chicken number one? What else? Maintenance? Maintenance, maintenance or on tomorrow eight thirty we're gonna announce Buzzfest. It's still crazy to me. It's still nuts to me that we're announcing Buzzfest tomorrow, Buzzfest twenty twenty five. That's all I know, bands, rates, dates, where all of that stuff that's all coming tomorrow. Deb who works over at BMP Brand Management Professionals, I want to hit I want another hour to hear this because we had talked about these surprise me unclaimed mail boxes. You can buy and it's just stuff that was never delivered or unclaimed, kind of like Storage Wars or there was a short lived television show where they were auctioning off luggage with people's belongings.
Speaker 3: To like random Surprise Look luggage.
Speaker 1: This is random supply surprise unclaimed emails or mail, real mail. The people can buy these mystery boxes. And by the time I'm going to read you this email, but we have unclaimed things that you guys have ordered from the Rod Ryan Show Cares online store Unclaimed Swag rod please do me a favor and tell people to come pick up their orders. If you ordered something from my store, our store, the rod Ryan Show Cares Store, number one, thank you, I really really appreciate it. Number two. If you ordered the stuff, I want you to have it. I mean, I got your money, I have your money, so thank you. I appreciate that. But I do want you to get the stuff that you ordered. So if you chose, hey, I don't want it shipped, I'll just go to the store. I'll go to BMP and pick it up. Okay, they're over there on West thirty fourth Street, she is going to hang onto it until the middle of January. She found out. She sent out one hundred and ninety emails November twenty fifth through the twenty seventh. It took her three days to send out emails to say, Hey guys, Hey dude, hey chick. Thank you for ordering. But I have your stuff all packaged up. It's here. You said you were going to come and pick it up. So what I do is I get to resell that stuff. If you guys don't pick it up.
Speaker 3: I will double up.
Speaker 1: But they already packaged it up for you and everything. So anyone that had an old order will send out a new slew of emails next week. But she wants you to come pick up your stuff. I want you to get the stuff that you paid for. So this is me telling you check your emails or just if you know you ordered something and you never picked it up, DEV is hanging on to it at BMP Brand Management Professionals. Thank you, guys. I don't know time, damn it. I wanted to read the email about the girl she ordered one of those mystery boxes, Rod I can contribute. I saw these boxes on TikTok. I got sucked in I ordered one from the website fund delivered that. You said they're out of stock. She did this three months ago. She she paid seventy five dollars for a mystery box. Quickly in the box, I got a men's Polo T shirt, gave it to my dad. I got a I got men's snake skin looking boots. I sold them on Facebook Marketplace. I got a baby onesie I donated. I got some phone parts that I still don't know what to do with them. And then Otani Dodgers Jersey I sold that. I sold that on Facebook Marketplace. All in all, I made my money back. It was an experience. I don't think I'll do it again, though, as always great listening to y'all.
Speaker 2: Allison, Alison tried it well.
Speaker 3: I mean, it just sounds like Allison gave herself a project to do list.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean if like if you have to get in the water, figure out if you like it or not.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, you know, that didn't sound fun to me.
Speaker 3: It sounded like she tried course, she tried it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounded like, uh, what are you giving away?
Speaker 2: I know the show.
Speaker 4: I have left a pair of tickets to see Popper Roach and Rise Against. This is going down at Toyota Center March twentieth.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a great thing to leave you guys with the question. I know the show will magically appear on that on the in those speakers when we come back.
Speaker 15: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five the buys, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's it, man, it's time for know the show. L L L L la La la la la la la la la la la la la la La Papa Roach, Rise Against, Leave into it. Some great tickets here, man, March twentieth, Toyota Center. Uh, what's your question?
Speaker 3: What rabbit hole? We kind of all went on a deep dive because of this. Why I don't want to give it away. It's a situation that who wrote a.
Speaker 1: Song about it?
Speaker 4: Pe Riot and Tom Morello wrote a song about something. It was such an interesting deep dive that I think a couple of us went on this morning.
Speaker 1: The women working in the factory in the twenties, what were they called?
Speaker 3: What were they called?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: Are those women called seven one three?
Speaker 6: Boy?
Speaker 1: You would have to be listening seven o'clock hour. I think we talked about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seven, one, three, two four five if you know the show, So.
Speaker 1: You're faking you're a holiday spirit this year? Oh yeah, okay, just asking the stupid holidays.
Speaker 15: The Red Ryan Show Mornings ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five, The Buzz that's disturbed down to the sickness.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show. Oh boy, we all man sunny skies today. It looks awesome outside right now. It's still a little chilly out there. Highs today. I'm around sixty six. Perfect.
Speaker 10: Let's go now, time for Know this Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 8: The Buzz l l la la la la.
Speaker 1: All right, that's going to a dark place here on Know the Show this morning, Going dark? Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Hello, well hello, who's this Jesse?
Speaker 6: Jesse?
Speaker 1: Welcome to know the show. Tessa.
Speaker 3: What you got hey, Jesse? What were the women factories? The women factory workers that we did a deep dive on and that Tom Morello wrote a song about. What were what were they called the radium?
Speaker 1: Girl?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: I mean you're going dark? I know the show.
Speaker 3: I read about it for at least a full break.
Speaker 2: So you'd never heard of them before? No I did.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that was a thing. I mean, it happened so long ago.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, there's a PBS please, there's a documentary on it. There's a PBS special. There's plenty of stuff on YouTube. Have you ever heard of this before, Jesse, before today's show?
Speaker 3: I have not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 3: It's dark superpedia, dude, it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: We want a couple of dark places today on the show.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what, you went dark.
Speaker 4: But now because of that, you get the tickets to see Papa Roach and Rise Against we.
Speaker 3: All know the show. Congratulations, Jesse, thank you so awesome. Thank y'all.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jesse, have an awesome day.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 1: We gotta go. You gotta go before against Darker around here.
Speaker 3: We're at it here almost.
Speaker 1: You just went Alex.
Speaker 3: You just read the head to head before you actually read it.
Speaker 1: You just went Alex. On Ocean Avenue, I'm Rod. Gave Scott the Birdman a boarding pass ticket to the next round over autumn. I mean, you're gonna bust my balls. You wrote the question. This is a good question day.
Speaker 3: Questions have been great. If they're not perfect, you guys, give me fla. You know it's hard to be perfect. All the time. Well, it's the tournament, but it's me, so maybe it's not so hard.
Speaker 1: Sean's gonna play Cody tomorrow. That person will also get into the final four of the tournament. Uh, thank you to all the throwback Thursday votos, the voters, the words, submitters, fix the gram number one today. A lot more Christmas every day. There's some sort of a Christmas list.
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 1: The best Christmas Shows, special.
Speaker 3: Christ Christmas movies, and then the worst Christmas songs.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was on the music blog page today. The Creed rode off the Red Nose. Right, that was great.
Speaker 3: That was great.
Speaker 2: Sure got play I'm playing it again.
Speaker 3: Maybe that should have been the know the show question. My bad, I went the other way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna play that on the show tomorrow again. Fanny Friday, open phones, free beer Friday, all of that tomorrow on the show. Okay, NonStop noonor woul Jeremy pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour? Is it Jeremy? I thought I heard Route. I thought I heard uh.
Speaker 2: Whoo hoo Reno.
Speaker 1: I thought I heard Reno yesterday on the air. Oh somebody, somebody's gonna have me on Somebody will be on. Yeah, it at rod Ryan Show on all Socials. That's where you'll find the mash It's not evenna mash up. It is a full on creed cover of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. That's on at rod Ryan Show Instagram shop in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. Pick up your stuff from BMP if you bought it. Check out Alex's podcast. Test is on Houston Life today at one o'clock and that's it. We got to go. We're on a twenty hour break tomorrow. We announced Buzzfest at eight thirty a m f.
Speaker 10: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 14: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 10: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the bu