Speaker 1: Seven o five fifty five cares De Talk Station. Brian Thomas, glad to be back on a nice three day weekend. Thanks a Dan Carpher covering for me, and so happy and many in most respects to welcome my next guest, Orlando Sons, and I wish I was welcome and welcoming him to congratulat him on his victory in the most recent elections. Sadly he ran in Hamilton County and my listeners are painfully aware the direction Hamilton County has gone. We didn't get Melissa Powers elected, Jarreff Neil didn't get elected, and of course one of the finest candidates that was running this year, Orlando Sons, that went down as well. But I'm happy to have you back on. I read your op ed piece, Orlando Sons at excellent President Donald Trump's plan to fix immigration is what we need op ed which was in the Washington Reporter. Peace, welcome back to Orlando. I hope you and your family are doing well.
Speaker 2: Brian, Thanks for having me. Always great to be on Well.
Speaker 1: It's always a pleasure to talk with you. Such an intelligent man and someone who knows a lot about immigration because you are the product of legal immigration, which you and I and I think most of my listening audience embrace go through the process legally. It perhaps is a little bit long and drawn out. It's difficult, it's challenging. Perhaps there are some hurdles we can get rid of, but in the final analysis, that allows our country to do what it's supposed to do, which is manage its own best interest when you have an open border. Obviously it brings about lots of problems. Many cities are experiencing those, and as you're out ed Peace points out, it's costing the American tax bears a heap load of money. Orlando Sonza's right, Brian, and listen, going back to November fifth, let's just celebrate the wins up in that night.
Speaker 2: We took back the White House. Isn't that right, Brian? We are sending Donald Trump back to the White House, and he's going to fix the many problems that our country is facing right now, immigration one of them. We have taken back the United States Senate and sent our good friend Bernie Marino to the US Senate for Ohio, and we've held the majority now, albeit slim. You know, I wish it was the other way in the US House. But listen, we've got all three of the key crucial bodies in order to pass good legislation, and especially when it comes to fixing our immigration problem. I mean, you laid it out clearly, Brian, and we've been talking about this for this last year. Immigration, illegal immigration, what it's done to this country, in the financial burden it's caused, in the national security concerns, it's raised, the human trafficking has gone up, Fenton hal has gone up in terms of the illegal drug trade finding its way to Southwest Ohio. How are we going to fix it? Well? President Trump ran on a platform of how he's going to secure the southern border on day one, and then he is going to make sure that at the fifteen plus illegal immigrants that are in this country that we actually, through a priority list, send back to their home country those that should not be here. And that's what I laid out in my op ed that President Trump's plan is clear that the first and foremost the criminals that have committed violent acts in our country broken our laws in the southern border, broken our laws even right here in Southwest Ohio. Some of them that I prosecuted as a former assistant prosecutor at the Prosecutors Office Hamilton County. They're leaving. They're gone because we don't want them here. Certainly, we don't want them wreaking havoc just like we've seen the last four years. And then it goes on from there. I mean, visa overstays accounting for forty percent of illegal immigration. Look, this comes down to, Brian, are we going to be a country of laws again? Are we going to uphold the rule of law? And Donald Trump is going to do that. Tom Homan at the Helm as the Borders are is going to make sure that that's done. But we're going to do it in a way that welcomes immigration the way it should be. Legal, safe, you bring in families just like mine, just like my parents, want to pursue the American dream. They're just going to do it the legal way. And that's what I'm most excited about in this administration is going back to the rule law.
Speaker 1: And isn't it insane. I Mean I just cited Mayor Eric Adams in New York City. He needs to bypass his own city council and do some executive action to try to get around this sanctuary city law that they refuse to withdraw. I mean, he's the one that's looking out for the constituents of New York City. They are his own people. The residents of New York City are screaming at the top of their lungs. They're over budget, they got a billion dollar hole. Most of it's because of the illegal immigration cost on the city. The residents of the city's resources are being used and directed to illegal immigrants, which shouldn't be there. He's trying to do the right thing. He wants to work with the Trump administration, but his own elected officials are standing in the way. I mean, this is insanity, Orlando.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what it is. It's insanity, Brian. I mean, it's so abundantly clear that the results of November bid election reaffirm that Americans want decisive action on illegal immigrations. They do not want politicians just like you highlighted in New York across the coasts, where they're defying federal law and think they know better than the American people on how to keep them safe, how to make sure that the economy is not overburdened by what immigration. Illegal immigration is costing the American people, and that's why President Trump's plan targeting high priority offenders, empowering local law enforcement, enforcing existent laws, it's offering a comprehensive solution to secure our borders and safeguard America's future. But back to your point, Brian, on these sanctuary jurisdictions, Look the fact that we've got cities, and sadly even here in Cincinnati, where you've got a city council, you've got you've got mayors not just current but in past, where they are trying to shield dangerous legal immigrants for prosecution. What that's doing is jeopardizing public safety and national security. And so President Trust's plan again I lay it out in my outfit, that he's got a plan in order to hold these jurisdictions accountable. It promotes accountability, it fosters strong cooperation between federal and local law enforcement. And so that's why we should not be surprised when we actually see out of this incoming administration these sanctuary cities held accountable, because that's what the people want to see. They want to make sure that our local leaders are upholding the laws. And if their federal laws, well guess what if the American people, the average everyday American needs to uphold every law from local, state, and federal. Absolutely, we should be expecting that our local elected officials are also abiding by the law.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't come up with any other conclusion. Then there is some profound nefarious intent among these elected officials who insist on allowing you know, sanctuary cities, not cooperating with Ice. Specifically when it comes to this very dangerous criminal element. We're talking about people who already have records that have been through the process. This isn't just every illegal immigrant. We're going to start with the worst defenders, ones who have gotten due process, have been convicted of crimes, are known to have been have committed crimes here even in the United States or their home countries. How is it that anybody in elected capacity would think they're doing the citizenry any good by allowing these people to stay here and not cooperating with the folks who can get them out. Have you given any thought to that, Orlando. I hate to put you on the spot from that, but I mean, it's just it's baffling to me.
Speaker 2: Well, Brian, it begs the question again, what is their motive for doing this? Right, It's obviously not to keep the people safe. It's obviously not to make sure that our American taxpayer dollars aren't going to I mean, look again, right, another mandate that the American people delivered on November fifth was they wanted to fix this broken economy that we've seen out of the last four years in the Biden Harris administration. And so for you know, we even talk about the cost, the cost of illegal immigration is putting on the shoulders of the American taxpayer one hundred and fifty one billion dollars annually annually, Brian and you know people that talk about, you know, a deportation effort, saying that it's not feasible, it's it's it's too expensive. Well, it is substantial. I mean again, from conservative estimates, we're talking about three hundred billion dollars, but one time, a one time effort that Trump has tried to lay out that would in effect fix the problem that we're seeing out of the legal immigration Compared to one hundred and fifty one billion dollars annually. I mean again, I think it's it's a high cost, yes, but in comparison to what it's doing to the American people. On an annual basis. But it again just blows my mind that when you've got criminals that are wreaking havoc in our streets and you've got now these local elected officials that want to do nothing about it. In fact, they order their local police department to not comply with federal law and report these criminals to Ice and federal law enforcement. You just got to ask yourself, why in the world would they be doing that. And again, it's for the American people to hold them accountable, hold these elected officials accountable. The Trump administration is going to certainly hold them accountable.
Speaker 1: Well, I certainly hope we turned the corner on this here locally as well as the other sanctuary cities. And I think, you know, all these mayors that abide by the sanctuary cities are on full notice. Again. Just turning to Eric Adams in New York, I think he's setting a great example for the rest of the mayors in the country to, you know, get their act together, go the different direction. Recognize that that election of Donald Trump was really largely, or at least in a substantial part, built on the open borders problem that the Biden administration facilitated, and that they're in the wrong political posture by sticking with the open borders policy and sanctuary cities, and maybe we'll get a result and we can turn things around. Orlando, wonderful op ed piece. And as we part company, I hope you and your family have just a joyous, joyous holiday season and that everybody's in good health. And anytime you want to come on the program to talk, I enjoy our conversations. You do have a brilliant analysis when it comes to things like this, and I really wish I was talking to an elected official, but you know, you're a very valuable man for us to have down the road. I've got big, big ideas for you, and I think we're going to see big things from you.
Speaker 2: Orlando, Brian, I appreciate it. Thanks so much. Happy Mary, Christmas, Happy near to you and your family, and on working up.
Speaker 1: Work onwarding up at Orlando signs and returns. On Merry Christmas to you and your family. It's seven sixteen fifty five k C the talk station. What a great guy, USA installation. It's a great product, always in the ultimate no brainer. USA is saving you money every month, meeting your house more the day they install it. Takes about less than a day for the average home to get insulated, but it starts with a free inspection in quote. If you know you have no insulation because you got an older home, then you need the foam in the wall. It's a highest our value phone made. It is made in Ohio, so you're buying and supporting a local company, a local product, and it does a wonderful job. Guaranteed savings every single month and that comfort you will notice day one. First thing you'll notice is the house is a lot quieter. That's a cool thing you notice. Over the years after US SAY is installed, the yep mice don't come in the house anymore. If you have a problem with that, it fills up all the cracks and crevices. So that's just an added benefit. Another added benefit a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit from the federal government for doing the right thing. They can your homewore energy efficient. You get the savings, and your savings may exceed the monthly cost. Steve brought it back ninety nine dollars a month interest free. Get your home phoned if you need it because you're under insulated. The foam goes in with the old insulation again. I use my daughter's house as an illustration. Our house swarming gift was USA's premium foam. That's how much I believe in it. My wife agreed with me completely on doing that for my daughter and Eric. So they're enjoying the comfort and savings. You will too. It's all guaranteed from USA. Find out find them out more about it online. You can go to USA installation dot net to the fun numbers five one three three eight one three six two six five one three three eight one foam.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station. Hey, it's Hissney from on air with Ryan Seacret