Speaker 1: And today we have the pleasure of having three time female DJ artists DJ Charisma on the couch.
Speaker 2: Ah, you were.
Speaker 1: Having me, Yes, thanks for TeX's cool. That's right, that's right, thank you for coming. I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: I know I saw your you know your story.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've had a lot of like similarities as far as like the female empowerment and how much of a movement you've made in your in your industry and how respected you are. That's one thing that coming across everybody, everybody, it's such a hold you, such a high flower or high level, and they've given your flowers.
Speaker 2: I feel like it now. So I feel like you think.
Speaker 1: It was only right for me to have you on the private talk couch and get to know you personally a little bit more and a little bit about your story.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Let's do it do this.
Speaker 3: So how did you get into DJing?
Speaker 1: Was it something that you always kind of like knew you wanted to do? Were you did you want to be an artist yourself at one time?
Speaker 2: Never wanted to be an artist. I always don't wanted to be a DJ, Like I was in high school making mixtapes, you know, for sporting events. And went to Actually when I graduated, I went to radio broadcasting school for like a year, okay, and I was just like, you know, I wasn't really sold on that side of it. I was like, you know what, I want to DJ, Okay, Like I love new music, that's my passion. I love. I want to break artists. I want to I want to mix on the turn tables like these guys. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I want to do all that. So that's really what I went for.
Speaker 1: Was there someone that you kind of maybe like saw their career path and so that you kind of like looked up to and kind of maybe assimilate made in your career more similar to that?
Speaker 2: I mean, there wasn't a lot. There wasn't too many female DJs to look up to when I was coming up, that's for sure. Like definitely salute og Spinderella from New York, Saw and Peppers DJ, but even hers that was way before my generation. So like, I really didn't have too many females I looked up to a lot of the guys I looked up to someone also, like Angie Martinez. You know, she was a personality, but I loved dude. She made hit records. Yeah, and I thought that was so cool, like she was really the only one doing it. So I found that intriguing too, and I knew that DJ is going to be my path to get to where what she was doing, you know, making hit records like Kalid and all that good of stuff.
Speaker 1: So what would you say in the you know, there's not a lot of female DJs, and there's not a lot of people that you know, you looked up to, so you kind of made your own land and at your own path, Like what would you say is unique about you and your style of being a DJ?
Speaker 2: Oh? I was just myself, you know, and I went I I fought with for what was new and hot in the streets, and that's what really got me buzzing and got my name known because you know, I broke helped break so many artists, and.
Speaker 3: Just like my little tomboy ways, I was just different.
Speaker 2: You know, there was other female DJs at that time, but you know it was more based on looks and skills, you know what I mean. So I just think it stood out people just like my personality, and as it worked the.
Speaker 3: City, I won them over and then I won the rest of the country over. Vibes in the world.
Speaker 2: Baby, let's go.
Speaker 1: I like it being me, just being myself. So what would you say or who would you say?
Speaker 2: Was that?
Speaker 1: You know, you're talking about breakthrough artists and having new people and finding them. Who was one person that kind of sticks out in mind that always stays with you that you were like really stood behind him and still too to this day.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's a lot, shoot Ty Dallas sign ygh there was so many, like even blue Face. I was the first one playing blue Face on the radio. Uh. I was the first one in La playing Cardi Bodak Yellow. I remember I got capable by the club promoter for playing it okay because they just didn't know what it was and they always want to give the girl a hard time. You know, you don't see too many females headlining clubs.
Speaker 3: If we are, we're usually opening, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So I would just do it anyways though, And then it's just so dope to see it now, Like I could call it you cat because we showed that love. We stayed down since day one.
Speaker 1: So who would you say it was one of your favorite people to work with?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, Nicki Minaj, that's my I love her man.
Speaker 2: She showed me so much love throughout the years, like such an honor. That's queen a rap? Like who else John b like on some throwback shit. I actually did a record for him. That's awesome. He hit me up. I was like, what this John Dee? Like I was a kid when he was like super lit. So that's really nostalgic to me. What is that? What does that give you?
Speaker 1: Like? What kind of feeling does that give you to note of these people like new and older people kind of like fuck with you and vibe with what your music and what you're really doing.
Speaker 3: How does that make you feel? It trups me out, especially when OG's hit me up, like whoa is there someone that you haven't worked with that you have like someone that you would want to a future in the future.
Speaker 2: I'm still trying to rock with Rihanna, re re hit me up, you know what I'm saying, hit me every Rea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know that I am there too, because that's when my girl crushed forever.
Speaker 2: I would love to do anything DJ for her at a party, anything, just I would love to rock with Rebe for sure. She's amazing. Like a lot of the ogs, have hit me like Mariah Carey showed me love Usher. It's just such a trip. It's like, wow, I really grew up listening to you guys.
Speaker 3: This is crazy.
Speaker 2: I am. Yeah, you know I got to do a song with Little Kim like that crazy, Like this is just nuts.
Speaker 3: What is your favorite body of work that you've been a part of. My song with Chris Brown and Dage Loaf.
Speaker 2: Okay, it went viral. It you know, we re released it, then it went viral a couple like three years later on TikTok. It became a big challenge and I had like all these crazy little you kid YouTubers doing it. I was like, this is nuts. So that record was I got to be there with Chris when we were making it, So that record is super special to me.
Speaker 1: What do you we talk about? You know that it kind of went viral the second time. We're kind of around and that had already been released. Talk about how you know, with TikTok and all these social media services kind of changed the game and how you maybe operate or do DJing as well.
Speaker 2: That's completely changed the game because like now just put it out and you never know something could take off. Three years later, like the TikTok challenge. It was nuts, like wow, and your streams go up and you just never know, so put it out, put it everywhere. The game's changing even more. I'm curious to see what's going to happen in the next till December.
Speaker 1: So you stay current with music? Are you staying current with trends like the social media? Are you on TikTok? Are there media platforms that we can follow you?
Speaker 2: I was always a little nerd. I feel like I was raising that era win all this was being presented to a swam.
Speaker 3: I'm on it as much as possible.
Speaker 2: Twitch. I was one of the first ones doing live shows on Twitch before covid. You know it, YouTube everything, TikTok, whatever's next I'm waiting for because I know something's coming, Something's about to happen.
Speaker 3: Instagram, Instagram.
Speaker 2: You fucked up with the blue check thing.
Speaker 1: Have you participated in any of the TikTok dances or any of the like viral moments when you were born in quarantine?
Speaker 2: Did you do anything or try it out? See? I definitely did. I did want her to.
Speaker 3: I had to do my own challenge, okay, and I got Nick Cannon to do it with me, So it was epic.
Speaker 2: It was right, that's awesome. Not many people can say that.
Speaker 1: Describe something that's exciting in your life right now.
Speaker 2: In my life right now, watching my daughter become her own little person, like she's getting gigs now. She actually just got booked to do a voiceover for the Lol Dolls Okay, their cartoon series.
Speaker 3: So those two episodes just came out.
Speaker 2: She's one of the little cartoon characters. That's awesome. So that's d I to be. That's cool.
Speaker 1: So has she kind of wanting to follow in your footep as far as entertainment world? Is that kind of how she got like a taste for it? Did she know that she like kind of her surances we're behind that.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's been around us as a baby, so it kind of But she's not interested in what I do, but she is interested in like things like that.
Speaker 1: But I think that's fascinating because it's like, you know, you are a DJ, but it's also like a whole world to it. There's nightlife, there's entertainment, there's everybody from you know, different types of celebrities to actors and actors that are kind of a part of your world kind of kind of in a sense, but a third degree in a sense because it also kind of like looking and following people on Instagram. We think we know what we see, but we don't know who they really are. So it's like you kind of get the feel for the world and kind of dabble what you're allowed to be in. And I think it's cool to kind of have a good structure of knowing the good parts of those things because so many people have had bad experiences and not that you know, every business has good and bad, but it's like when you have a structured system in there to know that you can basically do anything you want and even be the voice of a bradstall.
Speaker 2: Right, crazy, right, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: What is a personal accomplishment that you're most proud of? Personal accomplishment that I'm most proud of, besides giving birth to my daughter.
Speaker 1: It could be anything from rewards you want or people maybe that you said, you know, you're you know, really into like your the song that you did with Chris Brown. But backing that, is there something like a highlight in your career that kind of stands out above any of the rest.
Speaker 2: Bringing the entire West Coast sound back being like the head catalyst with the young California family. The way we did it and the way we brought attention back to the West Coast when it was gone for so long, Yeah, that was probably the most proud thing I've ever done. Can we talk a little bit more about that?
Speaker 1: How did you go about doing that and making it such a big force because it's such a music How did you reintroduce it to a way to like let new people kind of introduce the old stuff and like really still be put on.
Speaker 2: Well, you've been out in Cali for a while, so you should maybe you know what I'm saying when I say, like in twenty ten and nine, before the jerking era and the Hiphi movement in the Bay La and in the Bay, it wasn't like everyone was scared of the gangster rap at that point. South took over completely, you know what I mean, and music and you didn't hear no West Coast artists on the radio at all. It may be a game record, but you know that was it. So like the way we did it was we were all the new booties in radio in the Bay. Fresno, Santa Barbara, La San Diego, Vegas, and we each one of us we teamed up. We made a crew called Young California, and we took advantage of our night shows. We each had a night show where we were allowed to break records and we just teamed up and went hard, Like I helped break stage the Gemini, Red Nose and gas Pedal and all the Bay records, and they helped me vice versa. And by doing that it worked. It was crazy, Like we had people talking about Young Tokyo like why g like all this crazy stuff, So that's awesome. I feel unity.
Speaker 1: It was unity, you know, like really believe and stand by something because most times it's like one person and then it's like if you don't collectively.
Speaker 2: I'll do it together. It takes it.
Speaker 1: It doesn't work because you know, it does take a you know, a well oiled machine to kind of get those things. And did you ever get lash back for you know, kind of playing some of these records because.
Speaker 2: It's a battle. To this day, I still get in trouble. I get a trouble shout out to my bosses. I get in.
Speaker 3: Trouble every day, Like what does trouble look like? Does that mean they like just tell you it's loud. That's like get a little slack, or it's.
Speaker 2: Like don't go too crazy, like you know, don't go too crazy. But I've also proven myself for like fifteen years now, so you.
Speaker 1: Know, is there going to be anybody that kind of like you thought was the one and it didn't work out, like kind of flop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. There's a lot of situations. Every situation is different. That's a good question. There has been I don't want to see their name because I love them so much, but I just saw them take it to the top.
Speaker 3: And blow it so literally it was personal.
Speaker 1: So it was like they just either didn't do the work or got caught up kind of thing, and not because of their talent, wasn't there.
Speaker 2: I just think everyone needs to understand if you want to be an artist, there is a lot to this. It is a business at the end of the day, for sure. Like I've seen and I've been fans of some of the most talented people, but they don't know how to be a star, and it just it'll hinder their career. You're not having the right team, you know what I mean, You just making the certain moves they could just crush your career.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of things that can go down. So that's sad that it hurts my heart seeing that, especially when they're really fucking talented.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, oh, I.
Speaker 1: Mean there's a difference between It's like, you know, you have to be hungry, but there's other levels to just being outhering. There's you know, there's discipline. You know, there's a lot of things like that that really does take a lot of more effort at people. It's not just as easy, just like it's not making music, as you know. There's a lot of the levels to that. So I feel like it does it's unfortunate that that happens because it's like and sense they say the one hit wonders or like where did that person get?
Speaker 2: Or you know, think about this COVID alone, how many people have came and gone Where are they for sure?
Speaker 3: I mean, like where are they? We want to know? We know, what do you think about nowadays?
Speaker 2: How you know music?
Speaker 1: You know, we talked about from TikTok influences changing music kind of where it's like what about these one hit wonders where they come up and they blow up like these songs from you know, everyone from Ice, Spice, and all these like new kind of artists that like kind of pop off and you don't really know where it came from, and then now they're like the next star.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, right, it's crazy. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm still trying to figure it out too.
Speaker 2: Sometimes do you still.
Speaker 1: Rock with their like records and you know, things like that, or do you, like, do you stay with that kind of trend and not necessarily Ice Spice because she's become done some more records and sex. But there's I can't think off top of the name, but some that kind of like don't even sound like they should even be on a on a radio playing.
Speaker 2: As a DJ from my point of view, because like I do radio, I do series XM, and but I also do clubs and parties and young events. So like when the two don't translate, that's what makes me question that, you know, like, there are definitely times where the labels will push things on you, and I usually don't pay attention to those type.
Speaker 1: Of records, But do you think it doesn't translate as far those places because of geographical places? Because like you know, it's you know some things like again from east coast to west coast, the vibes are very that, you know.
Speaker 2: That's why I like to travel to where I like to talk to my out of town DJ friends.
Speaker 3: I stay in constant contact.
Speaker 2: Like ooh, it's this real, It's is legit. And then so like the Ice Spice thing, like it is like these little kids fucking lover her. It's crazy. So but then you got other cats. It's like, I'm just like, man, you're gonna have to show it. You're gonna have to show me. And if I don't see it in the streets, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Gonna stay away from it for sure.
Speaker 2: And then there's also records that are massive in the fucking streets. But then the main media just won't give it its shine and it's frustrating.
Speaker 1: Why do you think it's all able based speaking of the money they're pushing, or do you think you know, there's been recent things on the social media being like, you know, if they're basically doing it off of what's trending and if they're gonna put money behind something because that's what.
Speaker 3: People are listening to, you know, And that thinks.
Speaker 2: Every single song and artists is different. Some songs and labels are invested way more in and we won't know it, and then it's like what it just doesn't make sense. But then there's certain artists that are signed to the labels, like dude, they're fucking poping catch it, help them do what you need to do now, and they don't do it, you know, So it's really frustrating. That's why I say artists just stay independent as long as you can, because now now the way I Spice is moving, she's making major moves like sure her own masters.
Speaker 3: Yes, I just saw that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he don't put that's big. That's really big for sure.
Speaker 1: You know, content, especially in the world that we live in now, it's like content creator sort of thing. You know, owning your ownership is the key to everything. It's because you know, you got to own it or somebody else's that's it's gonna make money off of it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Even me, I saw the transition of radio and it's to the point I too, like I want to own everything myself at this point because it's like it's got to move a little different. We're we're the creators of it. Bottom line.
Speaker 3: Some people are anybody they need us.
Speaker 2: Some people are irreplaceable.
Speaker 1: Agreed, So you say you like to go you know, travel, that's part of obviously one of your jobs that you do a DJ and parties and things. What's just one of your favorite parts of your job, the moving parts that who you are that makes up DJ charisma? What is your favorite type of.
Speaker 2: Work to do? Uh, festivals are fun, Like just when you get.
Speaker 3: A five minute set five minutes, you just go crazy and watching that and feeling that electricity is probably the best thing ever.
Speaker 2: And then the second best thing ever is watching someone's live change in their whole family's life change because it's something I was a part of and help push for them. That's that's priceless. That's cool, priceless.
Speaker 1: How do you prepare for something like a festival? You're doing a five minute set, You're going and there's all these people.
Speaker 3: How do you prepare for something like that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, I'm used to it now. I just research, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like you said, research what's hot okay, and just putting it together.
Speaker 3: And that's I've been doing it for I've been DJ for along.
Speaker 2: That part's easy.
Speaker 1: Or any of your sets, like go to sets or is there always something changing up and being different?
Speaker 3: There'll always be one or two pieces that change. I'll have a couple of key records that are my go tos that I know work in that in that setting, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like a chief keith an Tho, you know what I mean, a check West. You just know which setting to play. What.
Speaker 3: I did a big R and B party this weekend in Vegas the Levers and was the Levers in front.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did. I did a big party and I got to open up for Jermaine Deprix. That's fun too because I got to play nothing but R and B slow jams, just pieces of them. But when I took my time on an RnB girl, I like the R and B vibes. I took my time put the list together and every song had them going, and I was like, yeah, this is priceless. I love the crowd reaction. It's priceless. So did you see Usher and Chris Brown fighting? They didn't fight, they didn't fight. I was there on the media. I was right there. Okay, I didn't fight.
Speaker 3: Got into a little brother brother brotherly and.
Speaker 2: Sisterly okay, and you know, people were drunk. It was already four in the morning at that point. Yeah, you know, but no flought took place. From what I saw was right there the whole time. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's crazy how it's crazy how the media takes things and twist things.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been a part of anything the backlash like that yourself?
Speaker 3: Oh me, No, I've been lucky. I just stay under the radar.
Speaker 2: I stay low key, and I'm not a troublemaker in any way, shape or form. Okay, no troubling for you, huh.
Speaker 3: I like to see what we get with text, I said, I see how much trouble you can't really get into. I like to play loky it. I always respect everybody around me.
Speaker 2: God, I could be sending videos to tms'll do that, okay, like and they know that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if you what advice would you give to somebody just starting in this industry, a female DJ?
Speaker 3: What would you give their? Give them advice? Oh man, it's beautiful to see so many female DJs.
Speaker 2: Right now, so many of y'all. I'd love to see it. Keep going, Just get into it, respect yourself, make these men respect you, and that's gonna make.
Speaker 3: Your journey a little easier. And just you know, work extra hard because you're gonna have to, and just do it if you want to.
Speaker 2: Do it like that.
Speaker 1: We talk about respect, How did you you know, make these men respect you?
Speaker 3: You can this business? You know the DJ world.
Speaker 1: You know, it's very male dominated, Like you said, it is even coming up for yourself, like there wasn't a lot of females to look up to. There was, you know, very few. But it's also like can I do this? Is it possible to do these things? Because it's so male dominant and most times men, even if you were good at the time, they'd be like, that's not that, ain't shit because they wanted to, like to mean, what your craft is. Did you fight for that respect level? And where you're at today?
Speaker 2: Man, you just gotta fight. I fight constantly to this day. You just gotta body language. Let them know, you know what I mean, Like, look them dead in the eye. Don't ever let them intimidate you. Don't get pumped. Don't get pumped, you know what I mean? Like if we speak up, oh we're the bitch and I fuck all that. Just you know, you're talking to them like they would talk to each other. Speak up, have confidence, have confidence because they could read if you don't, you know, real quick, especially like in the East Coast, it's so crazy. The West Coast guys are laid back, but when I have every time I'm going to New York, the men are intense.
Speaker 3: They're very aggressive and in your face, in.
Speaker 2: Your face, and if you don't know how to answer some they just ask you better be ready. So have confidence, ladies, and don't be scared. You could do it, and don't let one time knock you down. Just get through it and get over it and keep going, keep going, keep going. I've had so many l's. If people knew all the l's I took, you know what I'm saying, but they only see the ws.
Speaker 1: So that's all that's important to talk about, especially like more in recent years, a lot of people do talk about their losses because you know, they're not all wins, you know, and it is a struggle, you know. I'm sure it took some amount of time before people really started recognizing your craft and really having respect, but it's like art of that time. There's time spent already, you know, so it's like getting up to that. So I think it's really important for a woman like yourself and the field that you are to, you know, speak empowerment to these women, to tell the you know what happened in your path and to kind of make it, let them know how they can make theirs, because I feel like there's not a lot of people that encourage us women to do a lot of things and those heavily male dominated things where I feel like the more we can help each other to uplift each other, the more that there'll be more deep j females in this world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, the game is definitely changed.
Speaker 2: There's so many women, but like you said, stick together helping each other.
Speaker 3: Like I love teamwork. See more women in these positions so we can all help each other. Yeah, Like, just be a boss.
Speaker 2: Body language ladies, especially you pretty ones like these guys will try to try you constantly, So give off that body language. Just let it be know, don't play.
Speaker 3: What's the best advice that you've ever gotten?
Speaker 2: Uh? Shot at DJGG sweets. One time at a gig, she told me, I fucked up. It was on vinyl.
Speaker 3: Just keep going. That's what queens are made of. We keep going. No nobody, no one's paying attention, So don't dwell on it.
Speaker 2: Just keep going. You're you're, you're, you gotta.
Speaker 1: Get the what he'll know you messed up and they don't keep going is what queens are made of.
Speaker 3: Queens, I love it. Biggest strength.
Speaker 2: My biggest strength the tunnel vision. I'm able to really I don't really care what people say about me or anything. I'm just able to keep going if I have passionate about it. I'm going for. Biggest weakness. Biggest weakness, I go.
Speaker 3: Two hards sometimes just balancing my life because being a mom too, I gotta figure out how to balance it all out. That's probably my biggest weakness is truth.
Speaker 1: Craziest fan interaction, Oh gosh, do you have any crazy stories for us?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 3: At private talk is they're like.
Speaker 1: People come up to you, people waiting for you in your hotel room or maybe at your hotel at the stations send you weird gifts. Like I said, let's could go on. I mean, I know I have many and we're actually not that many. But nothing probably is crazy as anything you get like it. I mean, man, just sweaty drunk people just I.
Speaker 2: Gotta take a pat idea one hundred times. I don't even know who they were, you know what I mean? So do you still take it? Yeah? I'll take you once. And I'm really cool people will tell you, like I'm real cool, like I'll say what up to almost anybody. So but once I've had some big drunk dudes just like yeah, ala breast stinking all that, judes. Oh, it's just crazy, Like it's probably.
Speaker 3: The worst, the worst, the worst.
Speaker 1: What about any crazy celebrity interactions, crazy celebrity anything you just didn't get along with, maybe came on your show and maybe disrespectful anything. Crazy stories that you just don't fucking nobody.
Speaker 2: Who don't you fuck with?
Speaker 3: Girl?
Speaker 1: If I had my butt and then say you, I want the truth, but I don't got my butt, but I.
Speaker 2: Don't fuck with I don't fuck with you if you just if you're someone I helped out and you say I don't help you out, that drives me nuts. Okay, the fact that happens a lot in this industry.
Speaker 3: It drives me nuts. Like what me, you're talking about me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I remember I had a Yeah, certain labels coming at me like talking about they just don't know. They don't even know what goes on with their own artists. So that's probably my biggest is like that crazy stories though, like I'm always in a crazy story. My god, I was just at Chris Brown and Usher's party. So just seeing the after effect of a lot of things and knowing the truth on a lot of things. It's crazy seeing all the YouTube conspiracies and.
Speaker 1: People make things out of nothing, kind of like me storylines that doesn't know what to do anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh man, I was.
Speaker 3: I've been in I've seen a lot of crazy fights with guys.
Speaker 2: That's nothing new though. I'm from la you know what I mean. We got gangs out here. So one time Saw the Baby had to check me. I didn't know that him and T Grizzly, you know, so I had to turn like getting told not to play music.
Speaker 3: Things like that had been crazy, like okay.
Speaker 1: But he apologized that person because he took it personal.
Speaker 2: But I had no idea they had beef, So I just didn't know, you know what I mean. But he we we talked about it right afterwards, you know, I explained, you know, He's like, nah, noa, it's cool. My bad.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize who we were at the time either.
Speaker 2: So, but most other artists that have done that to me, I ain't fucking with you no more. So don't do that shit to me. Do you find it offensive?
Speaker 1: Or do you think that it it's like rude or like not proper etiquette when people ask them requests for a.
Speaker 2: Song depends, okay, if it's like a super basic as generic song, like if you put bad Bunny, stop with the bad Bunny already, Like you're not even saying a bad bunny song. You're just saying bad bunny because they probably don't know the songs and they don't like me. But if you come up to me and like, yo, krusmi, have you heard this so and so, trust me it's a hot of ship. Okay, I'm gonna listen to you even if you don't.
Speaker 1: If you haven't like heard it first or because like that's a gamble and like again, so it's like because it's really it's a big trust to be like, oh, I'm going to fuck with it before before I listen to it. I'm more saying like if somebody like if you said you're going to tell these like younger like clubs like what they like where there's putting.
Speaker 3: Them more, you'll try younger cats, okay.
Speaker 1: Because like sometimes I feel like I've been in places where DJs get offended to like ask for a song and I personally probably would be offended to be asked play a song.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you don't like what I'm playing?
Speaker 3: If you you're just a local d boy who bought the section out over there and you want to hear your whack ass record, that happens.
Speaker 2: All the time, do you call them?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: I was like, hey, my air drop ain't working. You know what I'm saying, Like, sorry, bro, there's nothing I can do, you know, like or let me hear it, or like if they get real aggressive, I'll just be like, yo, you know who I am. Yeah, you should be.
Speaker 3: Honored if I play your record, let me hear it first. Approach me before the play, because.
Speaker 2: Guess what the promoters are gonna be like, fuck, Charisma's whack. We ain't gonna book on New York. Yeah, it's etiquette. That's why I feel like if it's.
Speaker 3: Like, it's a risk.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I tend to listen to the eighteen and overs or the high school kids, okay, because they're usually they know what's up.
Speaker 3: So what are they listening to right now? What's I'm trying With the high school kid they love ice Spice.
Speaker 2: I did a high school the other day. All they wanted to hear was Ice Spice and uh sturdy shit. I think it's new to the West Coast.
Speaker 3: Kids, because you know, from New York, they're used to it. But they all want to get steady. That's funny. It's it's interesting to see how.
Speaker 1: The waves of things even just like even with Ice Spice herself, she's a New York artists, you know. So it's like how kinds of things trickle down from the East West and how it kind of plays out to like the.
Speaker 2: J you know what their genre is, The girls in general on fire right now. Salute all the women out there. Women are running.
Speaker 3: Hip hop queens, queens, we got any fun records? If you could change your job, what would it be.
Speaker 2: If I could draw, be a cartoonist, or if I could cook, I'd be a cook. I could cook. I enjoy cooking. Okay, I think I'd be a cook. You'd be a cook.
Speaker 1: Have your own restaurant. Is there like something that you would like particularly do? The food trick thing sounds dope. What are three rules that you live by that you like follow If you have a code of conduct or like kind of like what you live your life by.
Speaker 2: Uh, believe in myself because ain't nobody else gonna do it? You know what I mean? Keep keep God first, you know, and just stay stay real. There's so much.
Speaker 3: Fake and now it tastes even wild.
Speaker 2: There's so much fakeness. Just stay real, stay down and work really hard. Never give up, Never get.
Speaker 1: Lazy, never give Is there anything that you said no to that you wish you wouldn't have?
Speaker 2: Oh no too, Like if you.
Speaker 1: Maybe passed on an opportunity that you regret if you didn't work out the way it did, or something like that.
Speaker 3: A couple of years ago, I was offered a position to Apple Music.
Speaker 2: I was sure would have took it. I wish what it took.
Speaker 3: It just means there's bigger blessings out there.
Speaker 2: Show what it took that That was probably the thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about concerts?
Speaker 1: Is there what concert that you if you could relive or go back to and like re live that moment of how great that concert was.
Speaker 2: Uh? The last time I threw my own concert in Orange County at the Observatory completely sold out, fifteen hundred and we had everybody. We had like twenty yards show up from tide to everybody. That was a great moment. Because we did it, yeah ourselves. Yeah nice? Might it be invited to the next one.
Speaker 1: Let's gone, you started doing it again. Let's see we talk it all into existence. It needs to come back, it needs to come back.
Speaker 2: Hmmm. Do you have a.
Speaker 1: Crazy lift or uber story? Anything crazy happened to you in a lyft?
Speaker 2: Thank God? No, I'm blessed. They scare me. I'm from La. I'm really from La. So I drive a lot myself, Okay, Like honestly, when I'd be going out of town, I just begin to the airport and then running a car.
Speaker 3: All right, So I want to drive myself. I want to be able to smoke it.
Speaker 1: Just because you don't trust people trust, just like I don't trust none of these houses.
Speaker 2: I don't trust him. I've seeing some crazy uber stories. One time I got into one in the beginning. When I tried it and it just smelled so bad. I was like, oh, I can't, I just can't give me hygiene is bad. I just get me out of this car.
Speaker 3: First celebrity crush.
Speaker 2: First celebrity crush, Alan Iverson.
Speaker 3: Have you ever met a I did? How was that experience?
Speaker 2: It was not that long ago either. I was like, I got red, but it was crazy.
Speaker 1: He seems like a really big and fun like energy. I've never been around him, but he just seems like he was to be around, like he was super cool. We were all in Vegas together with Cardi B. I DJed a little pool party.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, you're a I.
Speaker 3: As good as you get a picture, And of course I got a picture.
Speaker 1: Picture though, is there anybody that you have been too nervous or shy to ask for a picture that you thought maybe whatever that you wanted to.
Speaker 2: Drake? I ain't never asked him. One time, my friend asked him, but I didn't.
Speaker 3: I was like, I never asked.
Speaker 2: Take the picture?
Speaker 3: No, I mean no, he was busy. She I don't know what happened. Okay, I was on the other side, but nah, I.
Speaker 2: Never asked Drake. Drake, I'm asking you for a picture.
Speaker 3: You better give her a picture.
Speaker 2: I know. I know you're watching private talk. I don't know. Maybe you should be if you're not, come on, he's still mad at me? Man? Why is Drake mad at you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man? Years ago, I accidentally leaked the record.
Speaker 3: It was an accident and it didn't even have.
Speaker 2: NICKI on it.
Speaker 3: It was Tiger Drake and an accident like that because the person gave it to me and they're like, y'll play this. That was the time before streaming was real big, so we actually still did that kind of stuff on radio.
Speaker 2: So did he have words with you or did you just heard?
Speaker 3: He Never never even proached me about it, But I know they were really upset about that. I'm like, you keep playing it. I wondered it was great?
Speaker 2: Would I did keep playing it? That's why they got really mad. That's why they got really bad. That was a long time ago. We used to break records. You know.
Speaker 1: Hey, I mean I don't blame you.
Speaker 2: I love that. Hmm.
Speaker 3: Let's see, what's the best pickup line ever used on you?
Speaker 2: Best pickup line? Oh man, I'm oblivious. I think I'm a little slow to jokes. I probably didn't even get what they said to me. Okay, you know what I mean. I feel like I get hit on by too many up and coming artists and that's worse but you but that I feel like that's why the idiot But is that why you? Like?
Speaker 1: Don't really like are oblivious because you're like, I just want to see you neutral. It doesn't matter one way or another to me, because I myself do that where it's like sometimes I'll have guests and like, you know, the men will try to hit on me, and I'm like i will talk to them, just like everybody else where.
Speaker 3: I'll just like keep it, just just neutral, keep the other way.
Speaker 1: I mean, there hasn't been a guest yet that has made me be like, all right, let's.
Speaker 2: Just talk about it. But this is too oh cool. I was actually married for six years, so a lot of times it was easier for me to fit. I didn't have to. No one even bothered because they knew, you know, she's married.
Speaker 3: So, so what is your dating life now?
Speaker 2: I was been divorced for five years, but I actually just started seeing someone. Okay, so exclusive or you're still just yeah, I'm old school. I'm old school chicksaw Okay, exclusive, he's regular male man.
Speaker 3: I've got a good post office job.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, regular dude. That's what I need. I don't need to know more rappers trying it on me.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, my cousins, have you ever tried a data rapper?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, God, like.
Speaker 2: You could just tell like it takes a long I'm a tough. I'm an old school cat, Like takes a while to like break me down to.
Speaker 3: To like that kind of to be vulnerable, To be vulnerable.
Speaker 2: Takes me a lot. My daddy raised me, Like, nah, fuck these dudes, I mean a lot of these dudes, these dads, you know. And plus I was married, I already went through and I had a daughter, so I was me Having her made me even more like, Nah, back up, because if you're gonna meet my kid, that's a whole other level.
Speaker 3: For sure, you know what I mean, different perspective, but that's a whole whole other ball game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I just try to I try to keep to myself. I'm a tough nut to crack.
Speaker 1: So you obviously you know female jay out there, do you have a mood playlist that you like get yourself into the mood or maybe like you know that you're getting like wind down. Do you like have certain playlists for yourself personally?
Speaker 2: Man, girl, I gotta hook you up with some of my older mixtapes, crazy slow jam mixtapes. Yeah, I gotta. I'm gonna get you one. I'm gonna send you a link I could throw back listen to those. I like the older stuff. I love me some Chris. I'm a big Chris and Tory fan.
Speaker 3: So you basically you have sex to your own music.
Speaker 2: No nuts in my song.
Speaker 3: That song is fun and popping and dancing. Jes other song, I love me some.
Speaker 2: Throwback Janet, I gotta give you one of my Mixtapes' game. I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I love her lam Ay.
Speaker 2: There's just so many vibe the artist out right now mixed in with that good nineties.
Speaker 3: So now let's flip it.
Speaker 1: So if you're going getting ready to go out, you're gonna have, you know, go out with your girlfriends.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have like a night out. What's your vibe playlist?
Speaker 2: Done?
Speaker 3: Uh be Chris Brown, Brown, Tori and Bryson and all them cats like I love them.
Speaker 2: H I love funk too, like old school funk. I'm from.
Speaker 3: I'm really from California.
Speaker 2: Growing up all my theos and the i's, they used to bump a lot of Midnight Star that era. Like, so if I really just want to hear something, because I hear so much ship yeah all day. It's just music new and a lot of this new music is like sometimes I just need a break, So I like to take you back to when they use instruments and just hearing that, hearing that some good old ship reggae, old reggae.
Speaker 1: He's like, great, good, weird, you know, listen to the good record.
Speaker 2: I'm a stoner for sure. So I like my stoner music for sure.
Speaker 1: There's nothing wrong with that, you know, especially being from the you know, Cali, you're smoking the best kin.
Speaker 3: You listen to music and the vibe, and I got my own string.
Speaker 1: Oh, there we go, there we go. That's what we want to hear and we want to support.
Speaker 2: Hmmm. La.
Speaker 3: Last question before we get to Truth with Texas.
Speaker 1: What is one subscription that you cannot live without? Maybe like a guilty pleasure.
Speaker 2: Can be anything. My DJ pools music, my iTunes. I buy so much music. I can't gotta have it. Part part of the vibe.
Speaker 3: Gotta have very telling, very telling. You know, it's part of your job. So I feel like it's kind of like research that departmentholic too, workaholic for sure, Nothing wrong with that. Okay, so we're gonna play Truth with Texas. My favorite part of this.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get a little bit more race here, and we're gonna get your fans tended.
Speaker 3: To know you a little bit more intimately.
Speaker 1: So whatever you don't want to answer, feel free to say pass. I wish normally we would do smoke weed, but we're I'm in a rented space at the moment. We're still working on finding a new towork towers. So that's what I comment. This is where the working.
Speaker 3: Resides, and we do kind of I can't work when we.
Speaker 2: Go it to werk.
Speaker 3: You can play the music for the toorking, you know, see it's the dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so much? All right, truth with Texas, We're gonna play.
Speaker 1: It's four sets of questions romantic, kinky, spicy, and naughty. All right, We're gonna start with this. Will ease you into this. I feel like you're a little shy, you know.
Speaker 2: So you take it.
Speaker 3: You said it took you a little bit longer to get vulnerable.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm not, you know, a man, but I'm here to like talk to you about all the private talk things it gets about you, you know, so romantic.
Speaker 3: Have you ever slid into somebody's dms?
Speaker 2: Never has anybody ever slid into yours? Lentcy?
Speaker 3: Have you answered back?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think uh shout out to my guy.
Speaker 2: I'm dating now.
Speaker 3: I think that's how you have initially first.
Speaker 2: Okay, see I hit me.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's the new dating app to certain does because I feel like it's kind of hard, like with yourself, people know who you are, so it's like like on dating apps is how do you get away with that?
Speaker 3: So it's like I kind of have to feel like it's generic.
Speaker 2: The crazy thing is, I think I ignored him for a long time, but he stayed in. Did the work bro?
Speaker 3: But then crazy story, he is a.
Speaker 2: Being my male man. I've never put the two. It took me so long to put the two together.
Speaker 1: So did he know that before he did? He knew well, yeah, okay, when did you fire.
Speaker 2: Out to me? Like almost a year and a half? What was he like? Hey, did you check that? That check that?
Speaker 3: It took me almost a year and a half of just being oblivious to his his passes at me, and it took year year and a half and I finally put it together.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he's.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm your mailman, look outside?
Speaker 2: Does he never told me that?
Speaker 3: He just was like does he harplament me all the time? Does he wear the uniform at night?
Speaker 2: No? You do I see him in the daytime?
Speaker 3: Win all day? Making out or cuddling? You have to pick one.
Speaker 2: Making out? Oh like cuddling that so much? Or for too long?
Speaker 3: Dinner date or movie date?
Speaker 2: Dinner? Okay?
Speaker 3: Have you ever taken a call during sex?
Speaker 2: If the money is calling? Are you answering? Or I'm crazy but not that crazy.
Speaker 3: I'll work a holiday, oh god, but not that crazy like honor lights off off naked or lingerie.
Speaker 2: Lingerie. I don't know. I don't get it.
Speaker 3: Guys seem like they don't really like it too much when I'm naked.
Speaker 2: It's whatever.
Speaker 3: Deal breakers in a relationship, deal breakers.
Speaker 2: To controlling. Okay, I cannot be controlled. Give me space, Give me space. I don't need a man that's micromanaging me. Let me be the queen I am.
Speaker 3: Please just trust me, then you gotta worry about it.
Speaker 2: If I'm with you, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I'm like that old school vibe. See not a lot of people left like that diamond. There's the spicy questions running a little bit spicy here?
Speaker 2: That was spicy.
Speaker 3: Top porn stars?
Speaker 2: Do you watch porn? Have you? I don't, Actually, I won't even know. You don't have none I think I know that one guy Marcus in real life because he's always at the club, mister Markets. He has a hat. I've never seen his videos, but okay, I've seen him all the time in person.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, the only person I know. Would you watch one of his movies if it was on.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Do you do you need that to need to just kind of like just do your thing. You gotta be careful. You could stimulate, you know, you know you can make it. It's like drugs like ecstasy, like you can't sometimes you once you go there, it's harder to get back to that.
Speaker 1: So but but is that off of personal likes? It's like sometimes it depends on how you use it, Like I could get the desensitized based on if it's like the most redundant thing. But I think it also could be like educational. It could be like, you know, it's entertainment. It's a different time, it's a different time.
Speaker 2: I am biased. I did it.
Speaker 3: Because I seen it in the past, you know what I mean? Nothing too crazy.
Speaker 1: But okay, have you ever broken up with someone because they were bad?
Speaker 2: And bad? That's funny. I've been blessed.
Speaker 3: I think Okay, I think I've been blessed.
Speaker 2: I've only been with three men my whole life, so and they were good and everybody didn't break up. It wasn't because of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you like dirty talk?
Speaker 2: I just like for a guy to be a guy, like growlers or whatever. Just selling a man, please.
Speaker 3: And there's so many feminine men these days, and that's not mine.
Speaker 1: Not your taste, not your taste. So craziest place you've had sex? Are you an exhibitionist?
Speaker 2: You said you've only been with three like men?
Speaker 3: Is it all just like in room I in my younger days, early twenties. You know, there's been times, you know, typical things car you know, out maybe outside somewhere.
Speaker 2: Once or twice. All right, all right, all right, after the scott you know, it's a little wild. It gets you in the mood.
Speaker 1: Let's see naughty questions. Handcuffs are blindfold. I'm keeping it really light for you because I like you. I like your vibe a little. Some of them are a little crazier, but I'm going to your temperature. Neither would never try.
Speaker 2: I think you've tried.
Speaker 1: So if your man now came in, he just wanted to experiment which do you think that you would pick up?
Speaker 2: Would you? Would you mind being not being?
Speaker 3: Like? You can have your hands to be resisted or blindfold I don't really know what.
Speaker 1: Okay, I feel like the handcuffs for you is probably the beginner stages. You know, if you have blind You're like, what the what's going on here?
Speaker 2: What do you have? No?
Speaker 3: Have you ever had a threesome?
Speaker 2: No? Lub or spit?
Speaker 3: I've never needed I never used loops, so no, okay, spit it is.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had sex at work? At work? No? No, no DJ booth.
Speaker 3: Action, not me because all the dudes have done it enough.
Speaker 2: Okay, crazy.
Speaker 1: So there's hails of dirty couches, there's tainted sturdy couches are.
Speaker 2: Still there to this day.
Speaker 3: Okay, stairways, I'm.
Speaker 2: Cool, creative. Have you ever faked an organ?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure every woman on earth is. Huh, this is true. Normally I would ask people to like give me the demonstration of it, but.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna let you do that. Don't worry.
Speaker 3: Don't worry. I told you I still. Have you been a part of the Mile High Club? No, I'd be scared.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 1: You had to be on a private j I wasn't. I was on Southwest Air like, oh you crazy girl I am. That was in the beginning of my like crazy days. Like you know, I was twenty one young dunness so early.
Speaker 3: The earlier is that's when I was crazy to twenty twenty one. I mean, there's a new like there's a rebirth.
Speaker 2: After, you know, so you can just be crazy again.
Speaker 3: It's just a whole It's about it hearing how old are you getting there?
Speaker 2: Getting there?
Speaker 3: How old are you? I'm old enough, girl, but there are you you should try. I'm not with the cooler level, but the level with your new man. So it's like exciting. So it's like a new.
Speaker 1: Chapter so to ending out these things because you know, this is the third man, So you know now the twenties you know now it's more you've you've been around the block, You've seen what interests you, you see like your body likes, and that's what I think is like the new time around where it's like it's more exciting this time because it's like I don't have to experiment.
Speaker 3: I know what I like and now I can do it better or more enticely.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. I've never liked younger dude. He's only two years younger than me, not even a big deal. But I was like, oh yeah, I've never nice. It's all new things.
Speaker 3: But it's only two years. But we're ending out these thirties. Come on a I like it. All right, Hm, last set of questions. You're almost out of the hot seat.
Speaker 2: You're the only one who's ever got any of the Saturday. This is the first time Miss Texas is popping your chair. I like it. DJ Chrisma, all right, last out of questions and I'll get you out of the hot seat.
Speaker 1: I promise. Do you have any fetishes? Do you have anything like you like? I mean, you said you don't like younger men, but now you do.
Speaker 2: Or do you like noses?
Speaker 3: I like, I feel like all the guys of Data kind of had the same nose, and I realize that now recently, Like, okay, so you know, for look manly, manly features.
Speaker 2: Uh, someone who's just got it together. Nothing crazy like fetish.
Speaker 3: Like toes that's crazy.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I've never met a woman that I love feet.
Speaker 1: I feel like I love the way feet looked like I do, and most men don't have really nice feet, so like you know, I just like so that's why I appreciated women's feet more and beginning, because it was just like, you know what it looked like.
Speaker 2: But I do.
Speaker 1: There are some men that are like groomed well, but I've definitely sucked on some toes.
Speaker 2: It's good for you.
Speaker 3: Saying that it's good too. Let's see, the more kissing the better.
Speaker 2: I'm a.
Speaker 1: I'm a okay for play, you're into four play kissing. Let's see shower sex or car secks. Now that I'm older, shower shower sex. Okay, the car has my guy's bigger, so I just put it all back.
Speaker 2: Like I used to.
Speaker 3: They've time of day to have sex? Are you a morning girl?
Speaker 2: Nighttime?
Speaker 1: Afternoon's delight? Anytime evening, evening, evenings, once in a while during the day maybe okay literally the.
Speaker 3: Mornings, though not the morning. It's not a morning person.
Speaker 2: I DJ all night alone.
Speaker 1: Burns out most number of time he's had sex in one day.
Speaker 2: This was back in the twenty twenty one. Okay, probably like three three three times in one day. Okay, that's a healthy number. During Yeah, that was a lot. That relationship was lock because he was older.
Speaker 3: Than me, So I was like a lot fun times, fun day, fun day.
Speaker 2: I've had a.
Speaker 3: Lot more, but I won't tell you nless you want to know. But but you know it's.
Speaker 2: Like eight yeah one day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a long day, twenty four hours and one day it's a workout.
Speaker 2: It's not like you know, back to back to back to back.
Speaker 3: It's like fuck, sleep, eat, you know, repete.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, it's fun repeat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe four, maybe four there mlady been.
Speaker 2: A day that was four. But three, okay, that's that's a healthy number.
Speaker 1: I mean most people you know, I it was a sexual athlete, so you know it's you know, I'm a little experienced in those departments.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, that's straight. I couldn't. I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I couldn't be in the back. I couldn't go in your DJ but and know anything to do. But you know the second thing over here, Miss Texas's got on lock.
Speaker 2: That is all the questions. You're out of the hot seat.
Speaker 1: Take your advice, mo, yeah, the hank There anything that you would like to ask this Texas.
Speaker 2: Before you leave Miss Texas, Like you know, doing everything that you do.
Speaker 1: Like what made you want to do podcasts, you know, podcasting for me, it kind of like fell into my lap I didn't really have. I didn't podcasting when I first started was the new of everybody kind of doing it and you know, not really knowing what it really was and how big it was going to be.
Speaker 3: But I've always talked a lot.
Speaker 1: I've always loved people, so I've kind of came into it naturally, and then when I started doing it, I fell in love with it. I learned Season one was you know, it's ups and downs and learning not how to overtalk people. And I talk a lot, so I'm like, I want to talk about everything. So it's it's just been fun. And you know, I make the joke all the time I'm saying, I'm quote unquote doctor Texas, but I have no PhD. Because it's like I'm I'm you know, really well educated and sexual things and I feel like I'm the type of person that people feel comfortable talking to me about these things or sitting here and like having conversations and even as like silly and uncomfortable as it could be, which I appreciate you for talking about these questions that haven't been asked before. But it's like your fans also wanted to get to know that you're a real person, well rounded person, where it's like, yeah, you work, you're a female, you're a mother, you know, you're a daughter, You're all of these things, but you're also are sexual. Being your daughter was here for a reason, and people want to know a little spicy things here and there. So I just like bringing it out on people and having fun with it and making it not feel over like I'm trying to pull something out you don't want to give me. So you know, I treed lightly on those things, but I think it's all about you know. I'm minored in sociology, so I love people and their surroundings, and I just tell people a little bit more because.
Speaker 3: I've been asked racy questions in the best I just trained up don't answers. So yay, private car.
Speaker 1: Please let us know where we can follow you, where we can support you. You said you have a strand of weed. Please tell us about where we can get all your your items.
Speaker 2: I'm at at least ten stores. I'm at three of the cookies in Hollywood. I'm at both Marathon stores. If you're in California or you can always hit me up, DM me, I got that charisma og Hey, just always working on things. I do interviews like you, So go check out my interviews you guys on Power one of six and Series XM. Still breaking Artists. We're gonna still if you know I've just interviewed sexy Red. You heard a sexy Red? Oh yeah, I have.
Speaker 1: Actually I didn't know it was sexy Red, but she tried to give me the TOWERK in the elevator yesterday.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's.
Speaker 1: Funny because I just hosted I host a tork contest at the Exotica conventions. I do, and that was the song that I had all my girls dance to and talk too.
Speaker 3: Was Poundtown. I didn't know it was sexy Red, but I like that.
Speaker 2: I stay tapped in.
Speaker 3: Check out the artists that I am interviewing you. They might be your next favorite within a year or two, you know. So I love it.
Speaker 2: I love your energy.
Speaker 1: I thank you again for taking the time and coming here and getting to know you a little bit more.
Speaker 3: I got one more music question for you, Well, who's your favorite artist right now?
Speaker 2: Who are you rocking?
Speaker 3: My favorite artist right now, even if it's older, new.
Speaker 2: Who's your favorite artist? Who have I been listening to?
Speaker 1: See When you put on the spot, I'm like, m, I'm very eclectic music listening what I just listened to Kevin Gates new song.
Speaker 2: I'm begin to Kevin Gates on the.
Speaker 1: Way here too, Like there's something about his work and like you needed n I've tried to get him on here one time before. It was just a scheduling conflict, but I would love to have him sit here and figure that out. But he was definitely one that like, because you just came out with the song a couple of days ago, I think, so I was listening to that, So that was what I listened on the way here, But I listened everything from that to Lizzo to Fucking I listened to a lot of things because I think for me, it's more genres.
Speaker 3: So that's how I start my day.
Speaker 1: I wake up, so I pocket the whole thing and I list and it's very I wake up to country music. I end with R and B music and in the middle, it depends on what vibe. This morning, I was listening to Nipsey, you know, to my workout, so it was like it just depends on the vibe.
Speaker 2: I had Nipsey vibes today. You know, I'll know you.
Speaker 1: Were from you know, born from from LA, born and raised from La. So I was like, you know, I went with this LA culture, this whole like vibe and like the word speak to you, and I feel like that's the one cool thing I liked about music is like it definitely changes everybody's