Speaker 1: Whenever we have the Bartlesville Regional United Way in that means we probably got a little bit of fun and on, and that's going on as well as making sure everybody's well and taking care of how we doing today, ladies.
Speaker 2: We do great.
Speaker 3: You well, you know I'm here.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having us, Katie and Lisa.
Speaker 3: It was a busy week last week. Bring us up to speed.
Speaker 4: Well, yes, I mean, and I need to give thanks for it's due. Katie put so much work into last week, as did Jonie and Shelley, just to have it be a success. We kicked it off with you last Monday.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, we.
Speaker 4: Had a room full and then we did a walking night it on Tuesday and it was you know, there's some stuff we're going to keep and stuff stuff we're going to try different. The Pie in the Face was a huge success.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we're really excited. Today we get to pie Chris Batchelder, who came in with the at least amount of boats today, and then we will pie Jamie Iwamota from Conico Phillips, who came in with the.
Speaker 2: Most votes a little over two.
Speaker 5: Thousand, but overall we were able to raise five thousand three hundred and fifty five dollars thanks to your match from Conico Phillips.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of parts, a lot of part for it, and a.
Speaker 2: Lot of fun.
Speaker 4: People were able to jump on board with that. It was a great, great idea. I think we'll keep it for next year for sure. And then Thursday we thanked our first some of our first responders, the firefighters and the EMT workers, so just gave them some Chick fil A cookies provided by Chase at Chick fil A. And then Friday we wrapped it up with a happy hour police Rooms and it was a blast so much that we're talking about doing it quarterly, just getting people together to you know, network and talk about what good things are happening in our community.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, a lot of ideas just kind of flourish whenever you get people together.
Speaker 4: It's so true, it's so true. It's almost like we should live united.
Speaker 3: Now that's a dog gone through a.
Speaker 4: Yeah good, we definitely should so. But you know it's not there's no slowing down for us now.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 4: We're hitting the road running and excited about upcoming kick company kickoffs and a little thing or golf tournament, that thing and then Katie has worked really hard with the Day of Caring and that is something that's really exciting. And throughout this we've had an online auction that let Katie speaks about that's great.
Speaker 3: That's been going on for a while.
Speaker 5: Yes, and it actually wraps up at eight pm tonight, So I know there's been a lot of ninja bitters kind of waiting until the last minute, so you kind of jump in and get the things that they want, but tonight at eight o'clock is the last chance that you have.
Speaker 4: Now, Okay, they're really good items on our offices.
Speaker 2: Let's get really favorite is.
Speaker 5: The the team of four to play a Friday afternoon round of golf at the Tea up for United Way Golf Tournament.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it has that, it has a little miniature golf bag cooler, it has some tickets.
Speaker 2: To at Harley Party.
Speaker 4: So I mean, it is a great basket and it's going for cheap right now.
Speaker 2: So I encourage people to.
Speaker 4: Go to our website BARTLESVILLEUW dot org or they can follow us on social media and click the online auction and start bidding away.
Speaker 3: That's kind of like the all around town package.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 4: It is I mean it's really a coveted thing that this year because of our golf tournament selling out and we are going to have a record number of golfers playing this year.
Speaker 3: I hope because I saw you and out for your goal.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, so two point four million, yeah, and we were able to reach that last year and we're going to do everything we can to reach it because it's not for us, it's for those partner agencies that serve those individuals that are so vulnerable and it's an honor to help them.
Speaker 2: But we need the community to help us.
Speaker 4: We need people to chip in any amount they can and we're we're just gonna do what we can do to raise that money.
Speaker 3: You're up to fourteen partner agencies.
Speaker 6: We have fifteen yeah, yeah, so we actually added Ray of Hope this year, so they are fifteenth and we have thirty programs and it spends everything through health, education, financial stability.
Speaker 5: But that includes things like Boys and Girls Club of No Wata, Boys and Girls Club of Bartlesville, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, a God Day Mission, Mary Martha Outreach, Family Health Care Clinic, we have Hope. We've got some amazing, amazing partner agencies. In our community. So every dollar we raised goes towards them.
Speaker 3: Every one of those everyone's heard of and yeah, love and respect you too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the YMCA is doing some great work around the swimming program to teach to teach every third grader to at least be able to swim. They do that and we help fund that program.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Family Healthcare Clinic is another one, and they're just they're meeting needs of the community and honestly, on.
Speaker 2: Those two programs, they're.
Speaker 4: Helping save lives because in the state of Oklahoma, if it's not the top cause of death for death for children drowning, it's one of.
Speaker 2: The top five for sure.
Speaker 4: So Robert Phillips came to this community and started that program and then it's expanded and we're just honored to partner with them.
Speaker 1: We've got a big day coming up on September twenty fifth.
Speaker 3: She I don't know what that.
Speaker 5: So we have our Day of Caring coming up. It's something that we love doing every year and if you don't know what it is, it is a community wide day of volunteerism. We partner with a lot of the big companies but also some churches and tri County Tech. They I want to say they do a majority of the projects, but this year we had eighty projects submitted and we only have about fourteen left. So there are some opportunities if you want to volunteer, get a team together, yes, and you do get a really awesome T shirt. This year we decided to go with a Kelly Green T shirt, so they're going to be pretty cool. So everybody that volunteers will get a T shirt. And then you get to give back to our community to any five oh one c three that is submitted a project. We get schools, we get churches, we get nonprofits, and it's just it's a really great day to kind of get out from your office and give back to the community.
Speaker 3: And you know, I.
Speaker 1: Remember one of those days. I look like this, Yeah, pretty bunch.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I mean that doesn't stop.
Speaker 3: You were ready to go to going. Hey, it's actually cool.
Speaker 4: Exactly exactly, So we are, you know, and those projects take place other than September twenty fifth, but we are just great to be kind of the connector and we have a lot of good organizations that need help in our community, but also volunteerism. What a great way to feel good that you're giving something back to your community.
Speaker 1: You know it is participated in things like this before, and you know it's one of those things where you walk around with a big smile for a couple of months, sure, and you know somebody asking what you're spiling, you know, and then sometimes you do share and you say, hey, you know you ever thought about volunteering. You're just just doing something nice for somebody without really expecting anything. And you know the big return is your heart gets a little bit warmer.
Speaker 4: Yeah does, and you can see some of the projects that are still existing today. But you know, generosity is giving something to someone without expecting anything in return, and volunteerism really falls into that generosity mindset.
Speaker 2: So we are we're excited about the days.
Speaker 4: Of Caring that are happening, and our agencies are having some good events coming up.
Speaker 2: So it's a great time.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: Tell us a little bit more about the Bartonsville Regional United Way. Where can we find you any old day that the doors are open?
Speaker 5: So we are right next to Benevision. We are at four and five East Silas Streets. You can stop in, say hi, give a donation, sign up for a day of caring, project. We can help you with all that, but you can also find us at BARTLESVILLEUW dot org and on social media.
Speaker 1: Well you know that in social media, you've got that so that even a guy like me can follow that.
Speaker 7: We try and make it easier for everybody, thank you, because.
Speaker 1: I'm that far extreme of the everybody that's got a mouse attached to it.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, click to a point. I'm just the man.
Speaker 1: I'm just and it takes all that anxiety away because it's really easy to manipulate, ready, really easy to travel.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yes, And it's a great way for us to share what is going on with our partner agencies as well, and anything that we see that we find that you know, might need to be spread to our community. You know, we like to share it on there, whether it be from agencies that are not one of our partner agencies, if we feel like it's something that you know, we need to get the word out about, especially you know, there's bad weather.
Speaker 7: You know, we've had some some pretty high temperatures lately, so you know, we try. Yeah, so we try and share like cooling centers and anything like that that we feel like, you know, the community needs to know a little bit more about So it's a it's a great place to kind of get news from other agencies as well too.
Speaker 1: You know, you tell great stories there on your social media, you know, I mean they're short but to the point, but they touch your heart gauge the reader, and that's what I like.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And we actually see.
Speaker 1: Where your investment in the United Way is going and where it could go, especially with the agencies that aren't aligned quite yet. Right, So you know, if you want to really feel good for a couple of minutes, point click and then sign up what you please for a day of caring part of it all so we can all live night.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I couldn't have said it better myself. You could have. We're you know, we're we just have a really we are small but mighty team.
Speaker 3: So mighty yeah.
Speaker 4: The Brew crew that we like to call ourselves is I mean, I'm the best team ever. And we all work really well together. We have courageous conversations and we make sure that we're doing what's best for the donor dollar and my board of directors.
Speaker 2: We look at that through that lens.
Speaker 4: So there is a lot of accountability and things that we know for sure that we can show if you donate to the United Way, this is how we're giving the money. So it's kind of like what used to be the good housekeeping seal of approval. And you know, next year we're gonna be looking at a brand refresh with United Way Worldwide and it's gonna, I mean, it's gonna look about the same with better coming. Katie knows all about it. I just know that whatever they decide, Katie will execute it and we'll we'll be on brand and she'll do a great job.
Speaker 3: You sleep good at night, don't you.
Speaker 2: I do. I only have a wonderful great is it really is?
Speaker 5: So I do?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness sakes.
Speaker 1: So once again, take a look at their website, also at the Facebook pages and everything else social and uh, make sure that you get yourself acquainted with Bartlesville regionally United Way.
Speaker 3: If you're new to the community, this is a one of a kind.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've heard of the United Way and just about a replace where you've lived, but you've really not seen it work like this until you've seen it work in Bartlesville. Yes, you know, it's it's it's something pretty cool, really really is special in our thank youank.
Speaker 2: You, We appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Alrighty folks, live United, Let's go.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: This is our community connection and we've been playing around on the radio here a little bit, but we've also been sharing some very powerful information. We hope that you take it to heart. Here it's been brought to you by Arnold Moore Kneecamp Funeral Home right here on K one. The one who trusts?
Speaker 3: How does Tim?
Speaker 1: How