Speaker 1: Ripped us, so you don't have them.
Speaker 2: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Show Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, you welcome.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the only show of It's kai. You know what we do.
Speaker 1: We solve problems, answer questions, take complaints.
Speaker 5: We my friends, try to make your life.
Speaker 1: A little bit better. You've been ripped off. Maybe someone took advantage of you. Maybe some contractor took money up front and didn't do a damn thing. Maybe you got a problem with a roofer. Maybe your Dennis sucks. I think you get the idea. If you have a problem, we are here to help, and we help for free. By the way, over three hundred million dollars so far, cash, merchandise exchanges, refund services. Not going to get a better deal anywhere. It's free help. We try to recoup your money. You got a problem, It's very simple. You pick up the phone. You dial three zero three Martino or three oh three seven one three eight two five five. That's three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We have two lines open. You can probably get through right away if you need some help. Now, I want to tell you really quick. Who's in studio with me? Nick Gravina with Gravina Windows. Nick, First of all, it's great to see you again. You were in here maybe a month ago. How's it been going fantastic? You it's going really good. I started thinking about people in your industry, and I've got a question for you. So we just had the biggest November snow store where I live. I'm mount in Franktown or Douglas County, and we had snow three or four days straight.
Speaker 5: We had over twenty four inches. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously you guys can't work when there's that much snow or snowing installing windows or doors.
Speaker 5: But typically in.
Speaker 1: November, December, January, even February, can you guys still install windows?
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course we can. You know, we do it pretty much year round. I mean year round. We might lose maybe five ten days, that's it a year. Yeah, I mean if it's you know below you know, ten degrees or multiple inches of snow, but then you can, yeah, like today, beautiful day, we'll be working all day.
Speaker 7: They'll be working all day.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy is these guys have listen to this. These guys have fifty lines of windows. I don't care if you have a fix and flip out there that you just bought, or maybe you have a duplex you ran out in one of your you know, tenants, broke the window or whatever. These guys can do everything for every budget, all the way up to what I mean, you what's the most expensive just I don't even want to say single window, but maybe single wall or single house.
Speaker 5: What's the most expensive job you've done? I'm curious.
Speaker 6: We did a complex and keystone a couple of years back. That was about one point four million.
Speaker 5: Of how many windows is that?
Speaker 6: That was two hundred and.
Speaker 5: Some gosh, that is massive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any problems or a job like that, generally you would think there's gonna be some issues.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we had some issues, of course you do. It's construction.
Speaker 5: You know, what's your favorite brand?
Speaker 1: You say, let's just say, for a regular homeowner in Colorado, is there a particular brand because of our weather, our climate, our sunshine three hundred days a year, what's your favorite brand?
Speaker 7: Or there's no such thing? You know.
Speaker 6: I like a lot of different brands for a lot of different reasons. You know, again, we carry them all. So I mean we have woodclad, we have vinyl, we have fiberglass. I kind of have my favorites within all those. Yeah, So it's really depending on what a homeowner wants.
Speaker 7: What do you have?
Speaker 6: I have a very high end vinyl in my house, insulated about as efficient as you can get with double pain triple pain. It's a double pain sound control window because I live right off of Shehardan Ah.
Speaker 1: You shared with me too. You're kind of in a dad band as we called it.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 1: And so when you did that have anything to do with the soundproofing. So your neighbors don't here or.
Speaker 6: No, no, we actually practice at my shop, believe it or not. Okay, you know, but up there it's just a lot of traffic, so it just helps cut it out.
Speaker 5: How cool is that?
Speaker 1: By the way, Deputy Doc in the house, Kelly Dragons on the other side of the glass. We've got all of our deputy standing by. You've been ripped off taking advantage of three zho three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Hey, Anna, what is going on.
Speaker 1: With this contractor in your business?
Speaker 5: Anna?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Hey, what's going on? Anna?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 11: So I hired this guy to do some tree work and things just kind of starts going, It's the first job you did was great. So I actually signed up was for two other jobs, so that was going to be a total three jobs. But then I kind of started to notice things going off, you know, as I was waiting on him to do the other job. And because the first time I met him something.
Speaker 5: Anna, what kind of worker?
Speaker 1: Let me ask a few basic questions and you can continue on what kind of tree work is he doing? Is he trimming trees? Is he is he planting trees? What are we talking about?
Speaker 11: No, he's pruning, pruning, pruning trees. Yeah, he's pruning trees.
Speaker 1: And you hired him in the past and you've had no problem with him, so now you needed some more work done, you called him again.
Speaker 11: Also, I hired him busy for the first time, you know, and so he did work on one of my properties because I actually I'm a roastate investor.
Speaker 12: So I'm a buy and hold, got it.
Speaker 11: And then I have a property in Lakewood where I hired him to do some work and he came out and that went fine, and then I had a peach tree. But you know, with her trees, he's gotta wait until you know the winter until they go down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or else you can kill him. Trust me, I know that the hard way.
Speaker 11: So that work was postponed and I had already prepaid for that, you know. And so but then when he did the other job, I was like, oh, okay, well everything went well. So I hired him for another companies.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what happened He gets over to the other property. What was his What was the job description there? Same thing as bruning trees?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 11: No, So this other property was to remove an elm tree. You know those are like weeds and they just keep growing there.
Speaker 1: What property do you want to call this? The Lakewood property was Fine, Denver? So the Denver property?
Speaker 11: Yeah, the Denver properties where the trouble started.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what happened He got over there and did what or didn't do what?
Speaker 11: So he actually had not got over there and he started to things just kind of started to go wrong.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait wait an so he was purely a no show at the Denver He didn't he just never showed up.
Speaker 11: No, because I canceled the job.
Speaker 5: Okay, keep going.
Speaker 11: The reason I canceled the job was because of what I was starting to pick up. Because I had a company. I try to use to try a different contractors just to see how they work, and then I tend to stick with the preferred contractors. So I was I had another tree company doing a different service, and when they came out before he was scheduled to come out, they actually said, oh, we can do that for you for two hundred and thirty dollars cheaper.
Speaker 1: But how much was the other guy? A couple questions. One, what is this guy's name, the tree brunner, the bad guy.
Speaker 11: It's branching out tree services.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I shouldn't have said bad guy because we're still getting down to it. But so branching out, how much would you pay him? Did you pay him in advance for the work that he was going to do with the Denver property?
Speaker 14: Black Friday is coming and for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartsian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and under thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartesian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for ae hundred off. Amazing toys aren't just for kids. Get one hundred off a cocktail maker when you spend four hundred. Through Cyber Monday, visit Bartsian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A R T E. Sia n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 11: So at the Denver property, I hadn't paid him, he was going to be paid four hundred and eighty dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the other company come out for whatever reason, they're going to do different work at the Denver property and they say, hey, by the way, we can do this, and it sounds like they could have saved you a couple hundred bucks. So you decided to go with them.
Speaker 11: No, I actually I felt bad because, being a small business owner, I didn't want to do that because it kind of seemed a little shady.
Speaker 8: Okay, do that?
Speaker 11: So I politely I found them, but I was like, nah, I think I'm gonna stick with this other guy, branching Out Free Service LLC, just because I had already committed to them. So I just okay, so.
Speaker 7: What so so far?
Speaker 1: But Anna, so far this guy had branching out did work at your Lakewood property, you had no problem.
Speaker 5: He was gonna do work at the Denver property. And what happened?
Speaker 11: So then when I reached out to him, you know, and I said, okay, I just need to know. I think he got upset a fact that number one I even reached out to you know that I got the offer from the other company.
Speaker 5: You know, let me put you on hold. I got to take this break.
Speaker 1: I am curious when I come back to you in a second or so or a minute or so, I want to know a couple of things, Like one, why did you call that other tree company? I am curious why they came out, And I get they were cheaper on the one thing that branching out was gonna do, But.
Speaker 5: But why why did you call them in the first place.
Speaker 1: Everybody hold tight, Craig, you hold tight. He's got a problem. With a Hondi Santa Fe, which I unfortunately know a ton about. I love Hondai's. We'll try to help him out. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five two lines open.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 10: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, folks, three oh three seven one three eight two five five, get a couple of lines open. Three oh three Martino ripped off, taking advantage of I'm gonna hop right back, and I'm trying to really figure out what this tree pruner did wrong with Anna so Anne, I asked you a couple of questions, one like so he did the job right in Lakewood. He was set to go to a different one of your properties in Denver, he shows up or he doesn't show up out there, but before he does, you have another company come out and bid it. Why did you even call the other company enough?
Speaker 11: So the other company was doing that different because I had I have a lot of trees on my pop.
Speaker 1: So they were doing a completely different tree job fund the same property.
Speaker 11: Give me a completely different job on the same topic.
Speaker 5: Okay, then they bid you on that.
Speaker 7: Then what?
Speaker 5: Then you called up this guy at branching out and what happened?
Speaker 11: So I called him up and I said, okay, so they're offering me to do this job for two hundred and thirty dollars cheaper. Yep, you know how to see if I can negotiate a price clock you know, and you know rightfully as I am, I'm a small business.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: So you called up and said, someone else told me they'll do it for two hundred and thirty.
Speaker 11: Now what because they were there, Because they were there and the project that I had them doing totally different.
Speaker 13: Was over a time, okay.
Speaker 1: But because they're already there and all their workers are there and all the equipments there, they were willing to do it for two thirty okay.
Speaker 5: So then what so then.
Speaker 11: You know, no, actually no, no, no, no, no, no, no, wait here, So they offered that to me, but I said, well, you know what I have ed he signed up just like I told you in a previous whatever I had, I've already signed up with this guy. And you know, it just didn't feel right to me, you know, to under cut him on that.
Speaker 5: But yeah, so you called him up and you told him the fact.
Speaker 11: Yeah, after the past, they had already left. After the fact. I let him know that they have offered me this to see if he would lower the price a little bit. Then he said no, I can't, you know, and if you want to take care off of.
Speaker 1: But you know at that point, okay, okay, so we said no.
Speaker 5: So then what.
Speaker 11: Then? So what happened was he wanted me to then leave a review of his lake would work. But then I was like, okay, we've got three other jobs, two other jobs three total to get done. Why don't we because my understanding of how reviews.
Speaker 1: Work, and I want to start I want to start this conversation from a different way now because we're really going nowhere. What is the problem right now? Like right now? Not not what happened a week ago, two weeks ago, three weeks ago.
Speaker 7: What is the going on right now?
Speaker 11: Okay, So what's going on right now is that she left a retaliatory review. Okay, he searched my business. Okay, I'm a small business. I have furnished rentals. He searched all my furnished rentals to leave a rectory RESUW got it on my Google business page and Yelp business page. Thankfully. I got today this morning eight forty nine am. Yelp took down his revalidator Yule.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Google generally will too if there's nothing to it, like an ex employee or an ex wife.
Speaker 14: Black Friday is coming. And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Martisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and class cocktails each and out of thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartsian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad. Get them Bartesian at the push of a button, make bar quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off. Amazing toys aren't just for kids. Get one hundred off a cocktail maker when you spend four hundred through cyber Monday, visit Bartisian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A R T E s I a n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 11: So the problem is that when I hired him, and you know, I try to resolve this thing.
Speaker 1: But anna, hold on, note they took it down, right, took it down. Google will take it down if you go through this stuff. So what's the problem right now?
Speaker 11: Well, the problem right now is he went and got his staff, not just him, his staff and some other guy to leave a retaliatory review on my Google page. And that that is what I have a problem.
Speaker 5: And what does it say? Tell me what it says?
Speaker 11: Okay, So it goes and it presents as a contractor. So he says contractors, Look, how you know do I would not hire this company? But again, I'm a furnished rental. Why would you you didn't book a stay with me? Why would you go to And.
Speaker 5: All I'm asking is it, is it untrue?
Speaker 11: Is the totally untrue? Because what he's doing is he's progesting the exact same thing he's doing onto my page, which is just wrong. And I've actually decided to do a scent decease and I found the BBB complaints which they're investigating at this particular moment. And I also had asked him, you know, personally through email, to please stop because he's doing exactly what he's accused.
Speaker 5: Do you want me to try to call him? I'd love to call him. Can I call him?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I would love you to try.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's what we do. Let's try to get his side of the story, Kelly, when we go to break, Let's let's try to call this guy and let's see what's going on. The one thing I'm not I'm not going to say I'm concerned about, but if the guy's not lying on a review, Let's say the review says, hey, she hired me for this job, and we add a date. Then before we even show up, she cancels it. I would never work for her again. There's nothing wrong with that. That's what happened. He's not lying.
Speaker 11: Okay, okay, okay, But but here's the thing. Okay, I hired you. If I come to you and I hire you as a private individual, yes, why you have an ol radition a review on your business case on that business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but a contract and a contractor can leave a review. I mean, that's I understand what you're saying. Why is he messing with your business because he feels like you messed with his. I'm not saying I agree with it. In fact, I don't like what he did at all. And if he was saying stuff that was slanderish or lies, he could get into a lot of trouble. But that's what I'm saying. If he didn't lie about anything, I don't know what the I don't know what the real issue is. So let me ask you again. Is there anything on there that's that's a lie, Not not something you disagree with, not an opinion of his, but an outright lie. Is there anything like that, like, uh, she came out and punched me in the face, or she keyed my car or something like that.
Speaker 5: Is there anything like that?
Speaker 11: I'll send you his listening.
Speaker 15: You can read it.
Speaker 1: I would love to do that. I would love to do that. Hold on, so, Kelly, two things. One, get her to send whatever to help. I want to actually read these reviews and see what I think of them. And then during the break, let's try to reach out to this guy and get him on. Tell him where we're at in the show, and I'd love to get his opinion on it.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a.
Speaker 10: Cent until you're content, lead time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: You know I'm going to finish this up with Anna, because this is like going to the dentist.
Speaker 5: Quite frankly, she did send me these reviews.
Speaker 1: Kelly, did you have any luck reaching out to the owner or to the contractor.
Speaker 12: Not yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's trying to get there. But my god, I mean, Anna, I'd love to try to help you, but this, this review you left them is not the nicest thing in the world either.
Speaker 11: Well, it is an honest and accurate review of my experience.
Speaker 1: Okay, a little bit further by, Well, hold on, I want people to know basically, I'm not going to read the whole thing because it's pretty long, but the bottom line.
Speaker 11: Is which one that you're reading. You'll probably reading my response.
Speaker 15: To his resaris.
Speaker 1: No, I'm talking I'm talking about your initial review. You gave him a one star on November twelfth. That's what I'm talking about, and pretty much it basically goes on do your due diligence before picking this company. They have a list of core values on their webs Three were big mess blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: But honestly, you didn't when you first called me up.
Speaker 1: You said the first job they did and Lakewood was fine, there was no problem with it. But then when you tried to have them match your price is where all the problems came up, just because.
Speaker 14: They didn't match it.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, please don't distort my life.
Speaker 5: Okay, then what tell me it's.
Speaker 16: Not exactly what happened.
Speaker 11: Okay, yeah, there were a lot of things which I tried to explain to you before you went.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I've been on with you forty minutes. I just need to know what to do with this point. Do you want them to take it down the reviews?
Speaker 11: Well, I've already flagged that he's not going to take it down. I think the only way those reviews are going to get taken down is through the platform, which Yelped thankfully has taken his review down because they realized that he did not use my business and that their practice and policy, same with Google, is that if you don't use a business, you should not be going there to leave a retaliator.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, so.
Speaker 1: You're you're going you're going through the right channels. I get it. I don't think what he's doing is proper, but you're going through the right channels. You know what I would do, honestly, Why don't you say, hey, I'll take down the bad review that I did on you if you take down the reviews on me.
Speaker 5: Have you thought about that?
Speaker 11: I have, and I have reached out to this guy, and he also still owes me my refund which this day.
Speaker 5: What's the refund for not being I.
Speaker 11: Repaid for a job in Lakewood because of the peachtree that wat.
Speaker 5: How much does he owe you on the refund? How much does he owe you on the refund?
Speaker 12: How much dollars?
Speaker 1: All right, hold on, I just got to take a break from that one. My god, Kelly, we really need to try to get through to this guy and get his side of it.
Speaker 5: She won't give me his number. She's a little bit freaked out.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're not even going to tell us who to call? Anna, I actually ask you on the air, can we call.
Speaker 5: Over Tom Marino?
Speaker 16: I'm going to I might.
Speaker 5: As well be it might as well be. Go ahead, go ahead, Anna.
Speaker 11: Okay, I had eachy deceased and deceased because what this guy is doing, he's harassments. For me to do the same thing is not what I want to do. I don't want to be calling him somebody I can, Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to tell her. I mean pretty much, that's it, Kelly. Don't worry about calling the guy because we don't know who it is. I feel like I just wasted forty one minutes and fourteen seconds of my life.
Speaker 5: And if I had a.
Speaker 1: If there was a dentist nearby, I think I'd rather sit in his chair for a while. Anna, I don't know what to say. If you don't want us to call us, I told you what I would do. I would try to negotiate. You'll take yours down and he'll take his down. I'd be happy to even try to negotiate that on your behalf with them. But you won't tell us who he is or what the phone number is. And you know what, we mentioned his company name, So maybe Kelly, let's try to look up that company name and see if we can't find someone so he gets his say on the damn air waves.
Speaker 5: That's really irritating to me. I think she mentioned the company name, Yes she did. I'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 7: I got a note on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's called branching out.
Speaker 1: Let's see if we can find a number to branching out Tree Service and see if they can have their side on I mean, god, I don't know. He shouldn't have left those reviews. I'm not going to argue with that aspect of it. I get it, Anna, but my god, you won't even give us her number to call up.
Speaker 5: Hey, Craig, what's going on with this Santa Fe?
Speaker 17: Oh hey, hold on, let me put your off speaker.
Speaker 5: Hey, what year is it?
Speaker 17: Okay? So my wife purchase the Santa Fe. It's a twenty eighteen from to long?
Speaker 7: For got it?
Speaker 5: Where in the springs or where?
Speaker 17: And I guess Littleton?
Speaker 5: Okay, Wadsworth Boulevard, I got you there.
Speaker 17: Okay, so we obviously they give you a tempt tag. And then she went to the I don't know what the heck this means, but went to register the vehicle. The name said that they need a title of completion. Okay, Well we never received that, and so I asked for.
Speaker 14: Black Friday is coming And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and an out of thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more. So, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year, all the right kind of bad get them Bartesian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for ae hundred off. Amazing toys. An't just for kids. Get one hundred off of cocktail Maker. When you spend four hundred through cyber Monday, visit Bartisian dot com last cocktail that's b A R T E S I A N dot COM's last cocktail.
Speaker 17: A secondary a secondary temp tag And so we received that. Well that's up in the twenty ninth of this month. And now there's a check engine like coming on not like you O two censor. Yeah, the engine a little can the icon is popping up. So I took it last night to game. It's scanned and it said replace engine block.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, where'd you get it scanned? Like AutoZone or something, O'Reilly? I have never in my life heard of that code. In fact, let's get Kevin Colkin on Sheridan Auto Tech.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I have the code.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to give it to him to look up. But that's crazy. I've never heard of replace engine block. So we've got two different things here I want.
Speaker 5: To talk about.
Speaker 1: First of all, it's evident you bought it used. How long ago did you buy it from Phil Long?
Speaker 17: Six months ago?
Speaker 1: And have you ever forget about the check engine life for right now?
Speaker 5: Did you ever get actual plates for it?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 5: So what do they say?
Speaker 1: Why are they saying the paperwork is not there yet? I don't know, Well, if you asked him or do they just keep giving you.
Speaker 17: New they they said you could take in your registration and it would be fine. So the plates are not an issue.
Speaker 18: It's that.
Speaker 17: The vehicle now yeah, okay, I don't know if that falls under the Lemon law.
Speaker 1: Now there's no Lemon law and fortunately for US vehicles. But all you've done, how does it drive right now?
Speaker 17: So if it's kind of like one of those commercials on TV if if you if you drive it, it kind of like shutters. Yeah, it doesn't make sounds, but it like, yeah, it kind of shutters and then shutters again and then it will go.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, hold on, I got to take this break. Let's get Kelly, Let's get up Kevin, Cokin or Jeff Fix, someone that can actually talk about this particular code, because I have never seen a code that says replace short block or whatever.
Speaker 5: He said.
Speaker 1: Nick Ravenna, have you ever seen a code like tell me that wouldn't be terrifying you. You buy a new car and the check engine light comes on, you get it scanned, and it says basically.
Speaker 5: Time for a new engine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it sounds like gibberish.
Speaker 5: You I never heard it.
Speaker 1: Hey, I wanted to ask you something real quick before I go to break that first one, Anna, what are your thoughts on how that call went? I I as a business owner. So let's say you know someone left your review, they weren't happy with you for whatever work you did, you know, and then in retaliation you find out what they do. Maybe they own a restaurant, for example, and you go on and you don't lie, you don't say the food sucks in this example, but you go on and say, hey, we did work well. I don't even know how you put it as crazy it is. I don't know why they would leave a review like that, But what's your opinion?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think you know. When she said retaliatory, I think that's exactly what it is. I would never go to that level. I mean, we work with tons of business owners. I mean that's just you know.
Speaker 5: No one does that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Sometimes in business you fail, you know, and I try to own it. Sometimes we fail. But there's other times where they are you know, incorrect, you know, and if they lie online.
Speaker 7: Or give you a bad review, it's.
Speaker 6: Hard to swallow sometimes if you can't remove it, if it's not portrayed correctly. But you know, at the end of the day, I'm just not clear on how they got to that point.
Speaker 1: Still, Oh, I don't either. In other words, you're just missing information, no matter what.
Speaker 6: Right for both of them to provide, you know, bad reviews to each other. I still don't see where the first bad review came from. If it was just him not showing up right, why give a bad review?
Speaker 1: And then of course I pissed him off, and he turns around and finds out that she owns some rental properties and goes after her correct Yeah, And in a way, it is kind of funny because it's not like he used the rental property business, but as a contractor, he did do work for the rental property business. So I'm not so sure that him leaving a review about that business that you know they can anseled it to last minute or whatever it was. I'm not so sure that was bad, but I'm sure it was in retaliation from hers. And if you read her entire review, I'm not gonna say it's scathing or lying or anything, but it's definitely not good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I mean, you know, I've been on the other side of that too. I think she can get on her Google platform and you know, you can report it in certain ways and it takes them a little bit to review it, and if they see it the same way that she does, I would assume it would be got taken down from Google.
Speaker 1: I would absolutely love to hear people's opinion on that call as well. Three O three seven one three A two five five. We'll come back to that Santa Fe call and hopefully we can get Kevin cockin on. Hold tight, everybody, and Kelly one last thing, ask Anna again if she's still on, if we can have the guy's number and call them up.
Speaker 5: I'd love to just figure it out.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 10: Of time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Plot Thickens three oh three seven one three A two five five. We do have Jeff thick Up. He's going to help us out with Craig in this Hondai Santa Fe and some questions there. But during the break, my god, you wouldn't believe it, Kelly. What was Anna saying during the break? Anna just hold tight there we're up against the hour. But apparently Anna is very upset. Now why is she upset?
Speaker 8: Kelly?
Speaker 5: What transpired? She did not give her permission for us to call over there?
Speaker 1: Anna, you don't have to give me permission to call anybody zero zip.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's surprising to you.
Speaker 1: Hey, order a pizza, oh Domin didn't give me any permission to call.
Speaker 5: I can call.
Speaker 1: Whoever the hell I want whenever I want, Anna, I actually asked you as well. So I don't want to like belabor this point because it really means nothing. But I literally said, if I got to go pull the audio two, we can, right Dragon? Did I not ask her? Do you want us to call over you? Most certainly did.
Speaker 5: I did ask you that.
Speaker 1: Then you won't give a phone number, And now you're saying we don't have permission.
Speaker 5: I can call whoever the hell I want.
Speaker 18: Anna.
Speaker 1: It's up for them to come on the air. I can't cold call someone and put them on the air, but I can sure call him up and go, Hey, what's going on with this? This lady called our show saying you're leaving bad reviews on her and you never use a business. If you don't want us to do that, that's fine, But you know what, we can call whoever the hell we want.
Speaker 5: Did you know that, Anna? Did you know that?
Speaker 11: I figure that out? And do you know what the phone number that you asked me for is on?
Speaker 13: Is Heal?
Speaker 7: Black?
Speaker 14: Friday is coming And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well.
Speaker 18: There's something for them this year too.
Speaker 14: Bartisian is the premieer craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and under thirty seconds at the push of a button, and right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartisian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off. Amazing toys aren't just for kids. Get one hundred off a cocktail maker when you spend four hundred. Through Cyber Monday, visit bartisian dot com last cocktail that's b A R T E s I A n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 11: Page, which I forwarded the links to you already, So I don't even know why you would have to ask me for that.
Speaker 5: What would you like?
Speaker 1: I really do want to help Youanna, Why don't we try to negotiate?
Speaker 7: Listen?
Speaker 5: Listen, See this.
Speaker 1: Is where you have to listen with your as I used to tell my eight year old the listening years.
Speaker 5: So just tell Kelly. Tell Kelly over the break if you would like us to.
Speaker 1: Try to get him to remove all the reviews that you don't like in exchange for you removing your review about him, which quite frankly, in my opinion.
Speaker 5: Is a little over the top. But that's your opinion.
Speaker 1: You can have your opinion on this company, but that would seem to get rid of this. Then you can get renters, he can get Tree customers, and the whole world is happy and smiling.
Speaker 6: I think she's still upset about getting a refund as well.
Speaker 5: Was it one hundred and sixty dollars.
Speaker 1: Well, it would have been nice if some point up until she wouldn't give us a phone number. She mentioned that, and I know she did towards the end. But when we talk to him, I'd be happy to tell him and Joe over one hundred and sixty bucks, cough it up if you didn't do any work, or if the contract doesn't say something about him keeping it, if she cancels it, I mean, I just don't know, but let's ask her during the break, and then I need to apologize really quick.
Speaker 5: To Craig. Craig, I'm sorry I got off on.
Speaker 1: A little tantrum when she's trying to beat Kelly up during the break.
Speaker 5: I really want you to.
Speaker 1: Hold I got Jeff vick on, and Jeff I apologize too.
Speaker 5: But as you know, we're right up against the music.
Speaker 1: I'm going to come back to both of you guys, figure it out, and then the Ana saga will continue. Three zho three seven one three talk three zero three seven to one three eight two five five. If you've been ripped off or taken advantage of, this is the show for you.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denvers Best Roofer, Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: Need so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Is gonna help come.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show No Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: The only show that's kind.
Speaker 1: We're here to selth problem's answer questions, take complaints. Probably drive Anna a little bit crazy, but here's the bottom line. Tom Marino now joined us, and I'll tell you why I said that. Tom, That's how that's how Anna referred to you. And I'm sure on accident. So it's kind of funny. Of course she's talking to me, Mark Major, but she thinks she's talking to Tom Marino, who I have no idea who the hell that is. And then the business owner we were dealing with, his name is most likely Tom Tom Martin. So I mean, it's crazy. I'm going to bring you up to date in a second on that though.
Speaker 5: Tom.
Speaker 1: Meantime, we've had Jeff Vick, one of our experts, hanging this poor guy Gerald. Listen to this, Tom or I'm sorry, Craig, Craig, Craig, this poor guy Craigie buys a vehicle from han Day Phill Long Hondi somewhere in Littleton.
Speaker 5: Follow so far.
Speaker 1: Yep, and a couple problems. One there was an issue getting plates. They probably didn't have the title but that's not his big problem. His big problem is they've owned it about six months.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 1: He was asking about the Lemon laws in twenty eighteen. They just bought it a few months ago, so of course no Lemon law. But there was a check engine light. So I'm going to bring him back up. But more importantly, I'm going to bring up Jeff Vick with Kimera transmission. Jeff, I have never heard of this, and you know, I was in the automotive business for years, but this Santa Fe has a check engine light. Listen to what he said. The code is go ahead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got it. Okay, we got bro Yeah, we doubled it up.
Speaker 17: Sorry, no, my wife was are we good?
Speaker 1: Okay, we're good. We're good. To move on, tom So Eddie, how listen to this, Craig. What did the check engine light say?
Speaker 17: Body mouth, I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 5: No, I'm sorry, I go ahead? What did say?
Speaker 17: I was talking to my wife?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah, go ahead, man, I don't know. Wait a minute, Okay, wait a minute.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that makes it any better. You were talking, Okay, I'm not going to go down that bunny hoe. Go ahead, sir? What did the check engine light.
Speaker 13: Say okay, so.
Speaker 17: This is very scan whatever. Yeah, twenty eighteen hone Santa Fe Sport Base Diagnostic Trouble Codes DTC A small s I guess a DTCs and replace engine block assembly.
Speaker 1: Now listen to that, Jeff, Tom, if you ever heard that replace engine block? No, I never heard of a check And he's driving it around. He says it's not great, but I have never heard of a check engine like this.
Speaker 13: Says that six months it's the only guy.
Speaker 17: Dump them miles on it.
Speaker 5: Say that, Jeff, what was the code number?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What was the code number?
Speaker 17: Okay, hey, I Jeff, I think this idiot he won uh three two six?
Speaker 9: Well, pull that up real quickly.
Speaker 5: I think it means I think it means dumb ass driver.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine that it's a knock sensor, a catalytic converter, so.
Speaker 9: It's going to be related to the emissions, you know, get it into somebody has a final whether or.
Speaker 1: Not the hold on, hold on, hold on, keep going, keep going, Jess, Please.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you need to get it into somebody who has a sidecast analyzer so they could actually check and see if the facts. The problem with the converters or something else inside of the emission system that's caused them not to work.
Speaker 1: Properly, and it can make your vehicle go into limp mode, which could make it act really strange.
Speaker 9: Right, one hundred percent. Yeah, it's going to find it most of the time. It ties to lean it out. Eventually, if you don't take care of it, you can ruin an engine block.
Speaker 1: And here here's what I wanted to ask, more than anything, where did it come up with this?
Speaker 5: It needs an engine block? Who told you that? Craig?
Speaker 17: Yeah, checker o O'Reilly.
Speaker 1: Okay, O'Reilly Auto Parts is who scanned it?
Speaker 7: Jeff?
Speaker 1: Would you just talk to that real talk about that real quick. People that go up, there's no problem going up and get a free scan. But I mean what does that actually do for people?
Speaker 9: Well, I mean they can give you a heads up or give you a direction. Did you need to go see a transmission guy or an engine guy or whatever the case may be. Most of their scanners don't go deep enough. We usually up find an additional codes inside.
Speaker 17: They're related.
Speaker 9: Uh so, I mean you are talking to parts people there, you know, we've talked about it before. A good parts person's worth the weight in gold. But that's what they are as a parts person. They're not a technician.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah, Now.
Speaker 17: And then that that's and I didn't know this thing. I didn't disclose. It says prime primary TC and like he was just saying, not utter range and slash performance.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and the knock sensor is gonna's gonna cause it to lean out a rich enough most most again once a time lean most of the time lean out. Its change the timing of the ignition. So I mean that's a little bit heavier work. You generally have to remove intake metafolds.
Speaker 17: But again, so there's there's no there's not a rod or metal off, a piston or cam chap that's in there that's blocking it. It's just this knock sensor.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's just recognized as the detonation of war sort itself has failed. So it's not receiving signals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's not. I think you're overblowing it in your mind, Craig. What you really need to do, Jeff, I mean you really you're you're a transmission guy. This would be something more for Kevin, would you agree? Or is this something you do every day?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 9: No, I'm just kill quite frankly, for the last couple of years, it's hard for us to get to anything other than transmissions.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's you know, that's the bread and butt.
Speaker 10: I do have a question for Jeff for me, So, Jeff, I just want to ask you something. I don't want to throw anyone under the bus, but I had There was a dealer that did some major work on my daughter's Hyundai a Lantra. This is crazy, Jeff, And it was at the body shop for two months literally and some it was someone else's fault. They stepped up their paying for everything. So anyway, here's the bottom line. It wouldn't start at first that when she went to pick it up, they said they test her over it the day before. So they said, you need a new battery in your keyfob. So they put a new battery in the keyfob and it recognized the battery and then it said, well, your battery's weak.
Speaker 5: Well, of course it's weak. It's been sitting there for months, yep.
Speaker 10: And they finally took it for one test drive the day before, so they said the batteries week. I said, well, I'll buy a new battery, but so they jumped us. Now, my daughter's driving. The car's starting fine, but it goes into limp mode with a check engine light.
Speaker 7: Now they claim that was my bad keep going town.
Speaker 5: They claim it's a bad battery.
Speaker 10: Now, would a bad battery make a car going to limp mode after it started several times and it's been driving around. It's the day after we picked it up. Would a car going to limp mode because of a bad battery if.
Speaker 9: It's sufficiently bad you mean you've got a bad seller to in there, then I could see that, but most likely not.
Speaker 10: No batteries are disconnected after you start anyway, Well I still close a circuit.
Speaker 9: Uh so, But if you've got it, if it's over read, uh if it's trying to overcharge because the alternators trying to keep up with it, you know, back can cause or if you've got a family alternator, you'll do it.
Speaker 12: Tom.
Speaker 5: I've seen it.
Speaker 1: I've seen it a lot where the battery is so dead the car won't even run if you jump start it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but no, no, I'm talking about she's been driving the car and starting it six or seven times.
Speaker 7: So far, and driving it and then it did it.
Speaker 10: And then it But she said from the first time she left the place, the body shop, it was running rough and it wasn't running right, and I said, well, that's not a battery.
Speaker 5: Let's you know, we'll get a check.
Speaker 10: Until finally she calls and says, it finally slowed down, and oh, she said, whenever she stopped to take off, it would take off and hardly go over forty miles an hour. I said, well, that's that's in a bad way. And then finally it wouldn't move it all, so we called a tow truck. But bottom line is, I can't see a battery doing that. I mean, it's a battery that was in the factory and it's three years old. I mean what would make that battery go bad like that? I mean where it would cause that much.
Speaker 9: Trouble factory battery or a notoriously short life.
Speaker 10: Versus No, no, I'm not talking about the life of a battery. I'm talking about the symptoms of a bad battery. A car going into mode, not being able to take off from a dead start, yet it starts the car perfectly. It could be okay, So a battery can start up a car perfectly several times but still make the car run like crap.
Speaker 9: If you got a bad selling that I can do it, I'd be more inclined to say sure. You know, it's more in a charging system than the backery itself, or somebody left the ground or something disconnected when they did the.
Speaker 1: Bodywork, tom when they checked it, you said, they checked the battery when it was there, Did it have dead sales or what?
Speaker 5: Did they say?
Speaker 10: No, they didn't check them out. Here's what they did. They put a new keyfob in it. And then they said then they jumped it because they said it was weak, and they jumped it, and they said, we think you might need a new battery after three years. And I said, okay, so I was going to get a new battery. But the car never ran right from the time it left there. Now, remember, I want to tell you what they did. They replaced the entire dash, the cluster, the front, all of the computers, everything. So I think it is just too much of a damn coincidence that the battery is causing all.
Speaker 1: These that's crazy. They replaced all that. Tell people why?
Speaker 10: Well, a roofing company dropped a giant pawet or something on the windshield and it went through onto the dashboard and just crushed it crushed everything possibly looking look. I mean in another world it might have been totaled, but the cars is pretty new and us it is what it is.
Speaker 7: It was an amazing.
Speaker 9: Looking there for two months. It's not surprising they had to jump it. Pop the code.
Speaker 14: If Black Friday is coming, And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well.
Speaker 18: There's something for them this year too.
Speaker 14: Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and out of thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Botisian at the push of a button, make Fox quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's Manhattans and more, all in just thirty seconds.
Speaker 7: All for a hundred off.
Speaker 14: Amazing toys not just for kids. Get one hundred off of cocktail maker when you spend four hundred through cyber Monday. Visit botisian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A R T s I A N dot com slash cocktails.
Speaker 10: You've chased that yet, No, I haven't seen a code yet. We just had it towed into the dealership. Listen, they're standing behind everything. I just wondered why it would would it be? I guess my main question is this ken a bad battery. I'm not talking about something damage with a hammer or something. Just a bad low battery cause a car not to drive after it gets started. I mean, I can see it not starting, but once the car has started, what the hell does the battery really do for running the car physically?
Speaker 9: Not if it was that bad, typically she had shut back down after you got it running. You know, you pull your jumpers off so you could shut back down.
Speaker 10: But you're telling me though, in general, though a battery, if a car is running and I disconnect the battery terminal, it will stop the car.
Speaker 9: No, if the general rules, you should be able to run. Okay, okay, so you should, Yeah, you could be able to. You know, if you pull the jumper cables off, the should be able to continue to run.
Speaker 7: No, not the jumper cables.
Speaker 10: I'm saying, if I am driving, if I have a car that's running, and I go in and disconnect the battery without shorting it, will it run without a battery in.
Speaker 9: Most cases, yes, because you'll.
Speaker 13: Run it off the charging system.
Speaker 10: Now, okay, okay, So then that tells me that the limp mode or the bad the bad performance of the car coming off the line at two or three miles you know, an hour. I mean, it tells me that it wasn't the bad battery causing all those troubles.
Speaker 5: That that's just my gut. I mean, I you know, who.
Speaker 9: Know most likely you say it's something that happened at the last point of refare.
Speaker 5: Okay, anyway, thank you very much.
Speaker 10: Jeffick Kimera transmission, As he said, he's buried with transmissions right now. Hey, Jeff, why are people keeping cars longer? Are transmissions just crappy?
Speaker 9: No, people are keeping them longer. There's no two ways about that. I mean, we're starting to see a little bit papering off.
Speaker 16: But you know, the the.
Speaker 9: High cost of vehicles the last couple of years, and they just the normal interest rates, it's encouraged people to keep what they got as opposed to their place.
Speaker 10: All right, so that's Jeffic Kimera Transmission Transmissions Denver dot com three O three six nine three fourteen hundred more coming right up, Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call company insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 7: Help.
Speaker 10: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martino your Troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Okay, so we're gonna get a comment about the battery issue from someone, so let's go there and get that.
Speaker 5: What is your comment?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 19: Hey Tom, this is Dan.
Speaker 12: I'm up in Firestone.
Speaker 19: Hey, listener, I had a similar problem with my wife's Mercedes, and we chased this problem for about two months, and believe it or not, it was the battery.
Speaker 20: And what I was told, wow, is that with these newer bars that are yeah, these newer cars that are so dependent on electronics these days, that yeah, if the battery voltage drops below whatever that particular vehicle is wanting to read at all times, it'll cause weird problems like that, just weird even driving issues things like that. She was having issues where.
Speaker 19: The throttle wouldn't respond correctly.
Speaker 20: She would go into limp mode, like every six times she would start the car, which is randomly going to limp mode.
Speaker 17: Weird weird things.
Speaker 20: Replace the battery and it went completely away.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 10: I just didn't realize it would do that anyway, So jeez, I just market it. Does that surprise you at all? I told you, I saw.
Speaker 1: It all the time. Man, it was really crazy, huh. I always kind of thought, like you, once the car started, the alternator is doing everything.
Speaker 5: But it's just simply not like that in newer cars. Okay, three three seven, one, three eight two five, Ave go ahead.
Speaker 1: I explained the little about Anna. Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's bring yeah, let's let let's bring her up. I want to give you a shout at it.
Speaker 10: Okay, Hey, Anna, let me just say right right from the start, I apologize for Mark.
Speaker 5: What's what?
Speaker 10: What's the matter if he offended you? I just I just apologize.
Speaker 9: Anna.
Speaker 5: Let's let's get a fresh start. What's going on?
Speaker 11: I'm sorry, I don't know what question you're asking me.
Speaker 10: Tom Okay, Anna, you called us with a problem and we want to help you if we can.
Speaker 7: So what's going on?
Speaker 11: So you want me to repeat that again?
Speaker 5: Just real quick? Yeah, just real quick.
Speaker 21: One.
Speaker 11: You told me that I had spent forty minutes, which was not true, So you really want me to repeat out again?
Speaker 10: Anna, here's what I want to know, just the basic problem. I don't need to know each and every detail, the basic problem.
Speaker 11: Okay, So then don't come back. Don't respond back with oh, spend forty minutes, because you're already asked me to repeat it.
Speaker 10: But Anna, Anna, you were talking to Mark before and he was very rude, and I'm talking to you now, Mark, that was Mark.
Speaker 5: I want you to make a note of that, it was not Tom.
Speaker 10: Okay, and sometimes now that sometimes Mark gets overly excited.
Speaker 5: That's not true, Tom Marino.
Speaker 7: Now anyway, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Anna?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 11: So no, Honestly, I just really don't think that companies should be retaliating if I hire you, I hire a company, which I did, yeah, you know, branching out Tree Service. If I hire them as an individual and they see a poor job, right, and then I try to contact them. So this is what happened.
Speaker 5: So you hired him and tried to contact him, then you put up a.
Speaker 11: Review right right to correct the issue. And what was happening was I was not getting any response. Yeah, And I think some of that was actually intentional, because he responded. One of his responses was that if I don't cancel the contract within forty eight hours, then I'm liable. So I think part of that delay was actually to get me not to cancel the contract so that I'm held liable. I started to see through that, you know, and then I was like, no, no, no, no, no, I'm trying to cancel this contract so that I'm not held liable.
Speaker 10: Boy, can I ask you something? What did you What did they do wrong? Let's just just real quick, what did they do wrong?
Speaker 11: So when I reached out to them, the first thing was they asked me they did a job for me in Lakewood, Colorado, and I have a property in Lakewood, Colorado.
Speaker 18: They do not.
Speaker 5: I just need to know what they did wrong, okay.
Speaker 11: So then they asked me for a review okay, and they expected me to leave a review before the work was done. And because I knew that I had three jobs, I had signed up with them for three jobs, okay, the first one that I did, and then after the first one.
Speaker 7: So what did they do wrong? Anna?
Speaker 11: No, no, no, listen, I'm getting there. I'm getting there.
Speaker 5: Well, you're going to get there in about an hour.
Speaker 7: Now, I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 5: You are being rude, mister Marino.
Speaker 11: I'm not going to get there in and out. If you let me, I'll be there within minutes with.
Speaker 5: This, okay, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 11: So they asked me and I was like, no, My understanding is that with Google you can only leave one review. So I wanted to have this job done before I leave a review. But I think that kind of rubbed him wrong, as well as the fact that you know, I actually got a quote to do his Google work at the cheaper price, saving me to one hundred and thirty dollars. Are you playing a violin, Mark?
Speaker 13: Stop that?
Speaker 11: Stop that? Are you playing a violin.
Speaker 10: Oh, Mark, stop playing your violin. Stop strumming the violin.
Speaker 16: There, that's Mark.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's Mark again, keep going.
Speaker 5: Mark, stop it, I think Okay, Okay, okay.
Speaker 11: Mark, okay, so back just talking to you, Mark, stop it.
Speaker 22: Okay.
Speaker 7: No, I'm listening. I'm listening.
Speaker 10: But you said you were going to get there, and I'm waiting for you to get what do they do?
Speaker 11: I'm getting there because Mark started playing his little violin.
Speaker 5: Okay, stop Mark, stop it?
Speaker 11: So yeah, so when he was going to cut okay, hold on, hold on, I got I gotta get myself back to Okay, so.
Speaker 5: Mark, Mark, Yes, all right, I'm not doing anything.
Speaker 12: It's Mark.
Speaker 23: Okay.
Speaker 11: We gotta blame everything on Mark.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Mark is just yeah, okay.
Speaker 7: It's one of those guys he is.
Speaker 11: Okay, So let me tell my story because I don't want you to quote me for taking ten hours of your day. All right, So what had happened was, you know, he was supposed to come out there, but you know, I'm actually when I canceled because when I started to see what was happening, I was like, okay, you know what, I'm gonna listen to my God and I'm not gonna do it, do this, I'm gonna cancel and I'm gonna request my refund. But then what was happening was he was delayed responding to my emails and trying to Yes, I hear a sleeping noise, it's not Mark again.
Speaker 5: Yes again, I'm sorry, yes.
Speaker 11: Again, distractedly, but I'm gonna try to focus.
Speaker 13: Yeah, please, Okay, So what you know?
Speaker 11: So he was trying to drag this out?
Speaker 5: What color shoes did he have?
Speaker 11: Is that you asking that question?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 10: No, Anna, here's what he's joking about, and it's kind of true. Now listen, and don't take me the wrong way. I'm not Mark, but I'm thinking I just need to know. I know you had other jobs going on, and you probably didn't want to leave the bad review, but you wanted You didn't want to leave a review at all until they were done. But I just need to know where where did everything go wrong? What was the first sign of trouble?
Speaker 7: Anna? I just need to know what went wrong?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 2: The first.
Speaker 11: Sign of trouble was when I was like, Okay, I'm just going to ignore that little violin going on because I.
Speaker 5: Think go ahead, go ahead, Hey, that's not authorized.
Speaker 10: That's an unauthorized violin because I don't I know it's not coming from me.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Anna, Okay.
Speaker 11: So the first sign of trouble was when I was like, okay, this something is going on, was going wrong here. I had already prepaid for a job, and I tryed to asking, you know, for my refunds, and you could not respect He would did.
Speaker 10: You want a refund because he did not finish the job or he did not start the job was.
Speaker 11: Done because I have a peach tree, and if you know anything about fruit trees, they have to be pulled after they look Okay.
Speaker 10: Hold on a second, I have to take a break and then hold on, just hold on. So so what I want to know though, did he do part of the job. That's yes, sir, he did part of it.
Speaker 7: He did a.
Speaker 1: Perfect job for her in Lakewood. Then on her Denver house. He was going to come out and do a job for around four hundred and fifty dollars. Before he got out the day he was supposed to come out, or whenever it was in the future, she had another tree company come out doing other work. While they were doing other work, they said, hey, we can do that pruning as well for only two hundred and twenty dollars, so they were going to be a couple hundred dollars less than this guy. She then calls up this guy and says, can you match the price?
Speaker 13: He says?
Speaker 5: He says, no, I.
Speaker 1: Can't match the price, And for the life of me, that's all I know. Well that after an afarnana.
Speaker 7: But that's pretty accurate right so far.
Speaker 11: To add what you forgot to add was that when he said that, I was like, Okay, i's a small business. I'm going to respect you.
Speaker 7: Here's what I want to know.
Speaker 10: Did you want to did you want to cancel because you got a better bid?
Speaker 14: Black Friday is coming And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Batisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and outher of thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartsian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartesian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for ae hundred off. Amazing toys aren't just for kids. Get a hundred off a cocktail maker when you spend four hundred through cyber Monday. Visit Bartsian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A r t e sia n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 2: Not at all?
Speaker 11: Because I sent him an email afterwards dying.
Speaker 7: Why did you want to cancel?
Speaker 10: If he did a great job on the first property? Why did you want to cancel on the second property?
Speaker 11: Because he asked me to leave him or with you before the job was done.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well no, maybe he wanted you to leave a review on the first job he did exactly.
Speaker 11: Because you know with Google you can only review once.
Speaker 10: Right, that's not true at all. It's not no, it really isn't. Listen, Anna, where does it stand right now? Do you want to re I got to take a break. Do you want to refunder something? And that's what I have to know we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 10: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of Insuran companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Anna, I can go back to you in a minute, but Ronda or Gerald wants to talk about scammers. I want to make sure we can we warn people Gerald's and I'll go back to you.
Speaker 7: Anna. What's going on? Gerald?
Speaker 24: I've got one guy that keeps bugging me. This is going on two months already about what I won one point two million dollars in the tractor and gamble Las Vegas Sweet Steaks.
Speaker 5: And you don't believe it obviously.
Speaker 24: Well, I gotta send eighteen hundred dollars for paralegal to.
Speaker 12: Go over to paperwork with the irs.
Speaker 1: Answer Tom's question, though, Gerald, you don't believe any of this, right, No?
Speaker 24: And I told him it's a scam, it's a scam.
Speaker 7: And what did he say?
Speaker 24: This is two weeks.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 24: He's calling from the I R S. That's what he says. And he wants to settle this because the check is over at the airport waiting to be delivered.
Speaker 10: Hey, you know what, this is something where we should take dragon and blindfold them because and and ear muff them, because I should call this guy. But you know, no, you know, technically I mean dragons, mister rule follower.
Speaker 5: You know, mister dragon rule follower.
Speaker 10: The FCC says you got to warn people when they go on the air. However, they won't do anything about it.
Speaker 1: Less, let's call the guy up and tell him he won a prize on the radio. Then he can come on to claim the prize. Then here's what I'm getting at Ford. These scammers are not going to file a complaint with the FCC. So Mark, can you call him and block your cell phone or something and call him and talk to him so we can hear you talking to him. I hate to say this, Gerald, but you must have They must have sensed a little bit of gullibleness to say it nicely in you for them to continue to pursue it. Not when he tells him straight out he was gonna say something big mouth, go ahead.
Speaker 24: Well no, I told him it was a scam, and they keep coming back, and I says, I don't have enough money.
Speaker 1: Okay, why don't you just block his limber Jerald, But they got a loan.
Speaker 7: For me for I want to go after this guy.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, all right, listen, give Kelly the guy's name and phone number and she'll put it up and I will try to call him on break.
Speaker 10: No, call them on the air, Mark, Mark, call them on you want to try to get them down, Marino.
Speaker 7: What I want?
Speaker 24: I gotta send them me uh uh, eighteen hundred dollars. So I got Monopoly money. I'm going to put it in an envelope and overnight it.
Speaker 2: It was in.
Speaker 24: Georgia where I had to send it. Now it's in Las Vegas. I gotta send it.
Speaker 10: Okay, hold on a second, Mark, let's let's try to scam this sketchy.
Speaker 7: I got you.
Speaker 10: We got more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three zero three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. By the way, let me give you this one waterpros dot net. You know what I'm going to say. You get the best water systems. You're in special thirty one ninety five. That's three ninety five bucks. That is a bargain. That is the whole house softener and triple filter reverse osmosis. Now I'm serious here. Water is critical to us. Use only good water for both plumbing, you, your life, you're your your your laundry, everything. Okay, they do it for thirty one ninety five. Plumbers can't touch it for twelve grand or more. I'm telling you the truth here. Three oh three eight.
Speaker 5: Six two five five five four waterpros dot net.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two him Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight.
Speaker 7: Heating dot Com.
Speaker 10: Don't forget the deep Clean forty five bucks. If you need your furnace done, do it before the real cold comes eight eight eight Heating dot Com. Now this issue, who are we gonna take next?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 1: Because let's finish up with the scammer. We tried to get him on. I tried during the break. He actually picked up. He goes by Officer. I want everyone to call him. I want everyone to call him.
Speaker 5: That's a really good idea.
Speaker 10: Actually, all my YouTube morons, I want you to call him and tell him he's won a prize.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's won a prize from WKRP in Cincinnati.
Speaker 10: His name is Officer Michael Ross YEP two O two nine seven to one fourteen ninety four.
Speaker 5: Put it up on the chat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and don't hit any don't hit any prompts. After the third prompt uh, he'll answer the phone, but he won't answer it for us anymore. But tell him you won a prize from a WKRP in Cincinnati and if he if, if he calls the radio show at three ZHO three Martino, he can have the chance of winning one thousand dollars.
Speaker 10: You know, why doesn't it let me copy?
Speaker 7: I want to.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but you didn't do anything wrong. Well, no, I'm trying to copy it onto our chat and it won't.
Speaker 10: It doesn't let you. Oh, there it is. Okay, there he is, Officer Michael Ross. It's on our YouTube chat. Okay, I do have Okay, So Gerald, we're gonna we're gonna keep bugging this guy and figure out what we can do. Let's go back to Ronda now, I mean, let's go to Ronda now and get started on her problem with a battery a two thousand and two Impalla.
Speaker 5: Ronda, what's happening?
Speaker 25: Yeah, Hi, Tom, I what's going on? Scatter brains should only get a minute to get their story out.
Speaker 7: I'll give you more than that.
Speaker 10: No, No, we might be going to a break, but I seriously want to get someone helping you.
Speaker 5: What's going on with your Impala?
Speaker 25: Well, we put a new battery on a starter in and then we started it, and then when we went to turn it off, the motor wouldn't turn off. Oh, I could get the battery undone, but we couldn't.
Speaker 5: Get what kind of car is it? It's a two thousand and two Impala.
Speaker 10: Wow, we should ask Kevin. Let's get hold on. We're going to get an expert on Ronda. In fact, he does electrical stuff.
Speaker 7: But even if you.
Speaker 10: Disconnected the battery, I don't think that would have stopped the engine. You could have grabbed a hold of the fan belt or something. I'm just kidding, Ronda. I'm just kidding anyone listening. Okay, We're gonna call Kevin Caulkin from Sheridan Auto Tech and see what he has to say. Well, did you ever get it done? Or did it run out of gas?
Speaker 5: Or is it still running?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 21: Really, no, we got it.
Speaker 25: We got it turned off. We were putting it in gear, putting it back in park. Mess him with ignition switch?
Speaker 8: How did you.
Speaker 7: Finally get it off?
Speaker 14: Black Friday? And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each in under thirty seconds at the push of a button, and right now Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when.
Speaker 18: You spend four hundred dollars or more.
Speaker 14: So, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartesian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds.
Speaker 9: All for a hundred off.
Speaker 14: Amazing toys aren't just for kids. Get one hundred off a cocktail maker when you spend four hundred Through cyber Monday, visit bartisian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A R T s I A N dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 12: It just.
Speaker 24: Quit.
Speaker 7: Sounds like.
Speaker 12: I hope not broke.
Speaker 25: It started smoking and everything.
Speaker 10: Oh no, so wait, all you did was you put in a new battery and a new starter.
Speaker 5: God, what would do that?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 1: Maybe if they the smoking could be from the starter s illinoid if it never disengage the bendix.
Speaker 5: But let's get one.
Speaker 10: Of our experts on Yeah, those two thousand and two's uh okay, So you hold on Rohnda and we'll get Kevin on. I think Kevin should be the one if we can get him on three oh three seven to one three. Talk is our number, folks, three O three seven three eight two five five. So Anna, Mark, did you try to get this guy on the phone?
Speaker 7: The other guy we are trying?
Speaker 5: We have let me messages. Yes, okay.
Speaker 10: Now let me explain something that I didn't explain before, and that is when she hired this tree service. The reason she gave him a bad review is because he wanted a review on the first job, and she said, we had two jobs to go, and when when he kept forcing me for a review, I wanted a refund and so but it coincidentally she got a lower bid from somebody else. He said, coincidentally, Well that's what he said. And then anyway, so then he started putting bad reviews up about her rental business.
Speaker 5: And that's where we are. I read her email.
Speaker 10: So we'll come back to that and more on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 10: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped off.
Speaker 1: News.
Speaker 3: Need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running just as fast as you can show.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help. Come man, This is.
Speaker 5: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 10: Now, Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Three oh three seven.
Speaker 10: One three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. All right, what's going on in your life? We are happy to serve you and to help you if we can by solving problems, answering questions, and taking complaints. This hour brought to you by Denver Region dot com. Listen starting at about two hundred and fifty or seventy five.
Speaker 7: It's under three hundred bucks. Man.
Speaker 10: You can get weight loss drugs that are compounded and save a ton of money from Denver Regen dot com.
Speaker 7: Going into the holidays. You may want to do.
Speaker 10: That also stem cell therapy including hair regeneration, and I can attest to that Denverregen dot com. Let's keep going, Okay, So Ronda has an issue with her battery. We got Kevin Calkin on Sheridan Auto Tech Sheridan Auto Tech dot com, by the way, and they they do electrical issues.
Speaker 5: They also do pre buy inspections for used cars.
Speaker 10: Three oh three, four five, five, seventy two forty two, Kevin, I want to talk to you about this one. They put a starter in a battery in a car, then they started it.
Speaker 7: It started up.
Speaker 10: Fine, it ran fine, right, Rhonda? Right, so far, so good? But then it wouldn't turn off?
Speaker 5: And an alternator?
Speaker 7: Right? You playing?
Speaker 10: What did you replace? Exactly? I think she said starter, but I.
Speaker 7: Might be wrong.
Speaker 5: Battery and starter? Why would that not turn off?
Speaker 7: After do?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 7: What could what could you do wrong?
Speaker 10: Putting in a battery and a starter that wouldn't allow the car to turn off?
Speaker 8: That's going, you know, unless something is touching power where they had you know, there's multiple wires. Is this I heard it earlier?
Speaker 10: Was it a all or Chevy in two thousand and two in power.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so there's multiple wires, not a starter.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but what what would that mean? The starter remained engaged.
Speaker 8: Not necessarily if he's feeding back feeding to the ignition switch or the ignition switch itself is no good.
Speaker 5: But but what would that mean? Then it doesn't? So how does a car turn off when you turn the key off?
Speaker 7: How does it?
Speaker 8: What does it do when it's a switch that actually killed the twelve vaults to the ignition?
Speaker 10: Okay, without so it kills the twelve vaults from the ignition, so even after it started, the ignition being generated by the alternator and or or the spark is turned off.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, yeah, so either backfeeding from the starter, they got a wire criss cross or a bout ignition switch, so.
Speaker 10: It was basically just kept feeding voltage to the spark plug, which kept feeding the combustion.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I got a question for RHNDA, why did you replace the battery and the starter?
Speaker 25: Good question, Well, the car had been sitting there and we the battery was old, so so why they start the battery and it didn't start? So we thought it would be the starter?
Speaker 1: Okay, Kevin, does that shed any light?
Speaker 8: I mean, with that problem, I mean it could have had an existing ignition switch problem. You have no history on the car and so yeah. So I mean you could just be all the problems one by one, which is how it worked.
Speaker 25: Yeah, that ignition switch is in the dash, it's not on the steering column, so it's going to be a run.
Speaker 26: How long did the car run until it stopped? And where did the smoke come out of?
Speaker 10: Well, first of all, tell Kevin how you got it stopped.
Speaker 5: That's really important.
Speaker 25: It's harsh putting it in gear, trying to turn the ignition switch back and forth and it started smoking and then quit.
Speaker 7: How long did it run before it smoked?
Speaker 25: I would say it was running five minutes.
Speaker 26: Oh, could you tell where the smoke came from?
Speaker 5: Just under the hood or what?
Speaker 21: Yeah, the hood under the hood for Yeah, we had the hood open because we were Yeah, what's crazy.
Speaker 25: I'm afraid to start it again because if it doesn't stop, I don't sure.
Speaker 21: I'm afraid to start it again. So I'm in a dilemma.
Speaker 8: You could just pull you can just pull a relay or something up under the hood to shut it off.
Speaker 1: Get it towed to somebody like Kevin for God's sake.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I think that's what we'll have to do.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I mean imagine if it gets worse.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you don't want to give any more damage to it?
Speaker 12: For sure?
Speaker 5: Where do you live.
Speaker 24: Or damas.
Speaker 5: We're close, we're likely Kevin. I know that, and thank you very much.
Speaker 10: I know that you do inspections sometimes when people have a problem, yep, do you I just want to get to say, because I did get a text. It wasn't a complaint, it was a question sure, because they were quoted a price on something they wanted you to look at. When do they get free diagnostics? Sometimes you do that and I don't like I said, I don't mean to put you on the spot because you don't have to get free diagnostics to anyone if you don't want to. But when do you do free diagnostics?
Speaker 8: Well, we'll pull codes for free, you know, well to let them know what we think we need to do, you know, give them a good idea before we spend it.
Speaker 10: But if they come in and say, hey, you know, my air conditioner's not working, or my heater's not working, or I have this intermittent problem or that, what do you do if there's no code?
Speaker 7: I mean, what do you do.
Speaker 8: Well, that's where you know, the experience comes in, and then the experience text they know where to start looking, you know, and they start checking.
Speaker 7: But it's not But but do you do?
Speaker 5: You do just a few minutes?
Speaker 10: I mean, in other words, what about the diagnostic issue if they made an appointment or something.
Speaker 5: Is there a basic charge or how does it work?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Ninety percent of the time we can tell them if it's going to be an inspection for free, or we're going to need one two or three hours.
Speaker 5: To look okay, got it, got it, got it.
Speaker 9: From part of car.
Speaker 8: But they'll have that info before we start that stuff, like.
Speaker 1: If someone comes in and their brakes or I mean, that's a free deal, right.
Speaker 8: That's an inspection, that's free okay.
Speaker 10: Okay, yes, all right, that's shared an auto tech. Again, I can't say talking about them three h three four or five five, seventy two forty two and Mark has an issue we'll take after the break on car rebates and I have a you.
Speaker 5: Still got I have some texts?
Speaker 10: Wait, I have some texts for Gravina. You guys say you have fifty lines of windows. Okay, now are they fifty different brands or different lines within brands or what somebody wants to know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's more like lines. They're not fifty brands.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 5: About how many brands do you have, I'd say probably.
Speaker 6: Like twelve to fifteen, and then each brand has you know, anywhere from like one to maybe five or six per.
Speaker 5: Okay, got it. No, that's good.
Speaker 10: Now someone has a rental and they said, in their words, they don't give a damn about it. Right, I'm not suggesting you do garbage or you want to, but what would you do if you had a rental?
Speaker 5: Seriously?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it just depends on you know, the there's some upper scale rentals and there's some lower scale rentals. I mean to be honest, So I mean it really just.
Speaker 7: Do you have cheap windows?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we have everything everything from bottom of the barrel stuff like that. If you really want to just hey, let's let's get it. I'm going to rent it for two years and I'm going to sell it.
Speaker 7: Sure. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Or if hey, you know, I got a great one down in Castle Pines that I'm going to rent out for ten thousand dollars a month, whatever you.
Speaker 7: Want, all right.
Speaker 5: And one other this comes from my Google.
Speaker 10: And by the way, people, if you want to text me on the Google, it's seven four seven.
Speaker 5: Nine nine nine fifty two eighty.
Speaker 10: I got to remind people that because it's not as it's not as advertised of course as the iHeart short code, which is five seven seven thirty nine. Put Tom in that one, but on this one you don't have to put Tom. It comes right to me seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eight. So somebody wants to know if there are any rebates, energy rebates or anything available for high efficiency windows.
Speaker 6: There are, and that the the rebates are a lot different and especially changing in the year too. A lot of them are energy Star and the way that energy Star works with windows, and even you know, washing machines and all that stuff change usually per year. But depending on how good of a window you buy depends on how good of a rebate you can get.
Speaker 1: What's an idea of the best rebate right now?
Speaker 6: You know, i'd have to We have one person that I know that went full bore, and I think it was probably somewhere around seventy eight hundred if I remember, but I'm a little mistaken. But usually every year is two fifty three p fifty somewhere on there you.
Speaker 10: Okay, so we got more coming up On the Troubleshooter Show three ZHO three seven.
Speaker 7: One three eight two five five.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roof of Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 10: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Deputy Chopper, Tell me about uh, Tell me about k What happened was she Champion windows installed in March and there were no screens, and she was pissed off and wanted screens, so you took it over. They promised they were going to get them done as soon as possible. By the way, Champion is one of the most dreadful companies known to man right now. They went from here it is zero after a big equity company took them over. And I'm sorry to insult them, but it's the truth. We've had more complaints about them than any other home improvement company.
Speaker 7: So go ahead.
Speaker 5: What's going on, k And what's going on Chopper?
Speaker 15: Tom. They promised that they would be out the first week in November. They had her screens.
Speaker 17: The guy called and said, well, all.
Speaker 15: The screens and the trucks don't have any names on them, so we're going to take them back and we'll get back with you. I'm so tired of this from Champion. I think I heard Nick say that they would do three windows or something.
Speaker 27: But if they don't get.
Speaker 15: This lady their screens by March next year because she lost the entire summer. I will pay for three screens. And if Nick could just tell me if they will do it, or any other company he knows that it makes screens.
Speaker 10: But I feel sorry, you know, Champion, honest to god, Champions should be ashamed of themselves.
Speaker 5: She should take them to small claims court. That's what I would do.
Speaker 15: Mark. She's she's always than me and Tom Oh my god, how is she moving you?
Speaker 17: He's not docs age, Hey.
Speaker 5: She's docs age. Holy?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean the screen.
Speaker 10: You know what we have to do when Doc comes to work, we have to make them fog a mirror. So we don't because we don't want to have to carry him out. So he has to fog a mirror. And and if if he makes fog, we know he's good to go. And Chopper, listen, man, seriously, this sucks.
Speaker 7: Who have you talked to?
Speaker 5: I want to give out the number? Who have you talked to a Champion?
Speaker 15: You get a different person from like news.
Speaker 10: They're horrible, man, they're the worst company people. I am telling you, do not use Champion. It's that easy. Not that's my opinion. And Mark, we're seeing it on some call after call after call after call after call after call. Hey, I want to know something and I don't care. I want to ask them. We got Gravina on. Do you guys get a lot of calls after someone call Champion?
Speaker 9: We do?
Speaker 6: You know, we don't fix other people's stuff, but yeah, we get.
Speaker 7: But it's unfortunate, isn't it.
Speaker 6: It's very unfortunate you know in this case. You know, I mean there's a place called Metro Screenworks that I think is a mobile site that we refer people to. I haven't personally used them, but we've never heard really eating bad. But they'll go out to the house, measure it, build them on site from what I understand, and get them in there for you.
Speaker 5: Oh that's perfect.
Speaker 10: I have a question. Yeah, thank you, chopper. I have a question for you guys. Does Gravinas go to Baily of course? Yes, Okay, where do you go? Give me your north, southeast and west.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it will go pretty much all the way up to Vail Fort Collins, out the Lineman and down to about the springs.
Speaker 7: Oh, very cool.
Speaker 10: Now, next question, will you replace one, two or three windows or does it have to be the whole house.
Speaker 6: We'll replace one window if that's what's needed.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 14: Black Friday is coming. And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and out of thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartisian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off. Amazing toys aren't just for kids. Get one hundred off of cocktail maker when you spend four hundred through Cyber Monday, visit Baptisian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A r T s i a n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 6: Hey, we're hoping to get people even if they have one right now that they like it so much, they're going to want to continue to do it.
Speaker 1: And you also do commercial stuff right depending on the commercial. Let's say like a convenience store that's got those big windows, I mean, do you do stuff like that.
Speaker 7: Or no, that's storefront.
Speaker 6: We will not do that.
Speaker 5: No storefront.
Speaker 6: No commercial for me is like an apartment complex but there's still residential windows, but it's a multifamily.
Speaker 7: Got it all right? Cool? Back to Anna.
Speaker 10: Now, Anne, I'm sorry for the weight I had to take some people who have been waiting. So where we left it with Anna is and I read her email, so I do know your story, Anna, and the story is she was frustrated with this company because he was pushing her for reviews but he hadn't finished the jobs yet, and she wanted to wait because she thought she could only put in one review even though the first job was done correctly, she had two to go, and when she refused to do.
Speaker 5: Did a poor review.
Speaker 7: Though.
Speaker 10: Now here's what I don't understand. And Ronda, I mean, excuse me, if you could just help me.
Speaker 7: Anna.
Speaker 10: I mean not to go back over the whole story, but I have a very quick question, and that is, if they did one job fine, and they were in the middle of the second job and he wanted you to do a review and you disagreed on that, why did you give them a bad review? That's the part I don't understand. Why not just do no review at all? Why did you do a bad review?
Speaker 7: Okay? Are you there? Anna? He's gone? Okay, you know what.
Speaker 5: I think She's part of the four.
Speaker 7: B movement as well, but I'm.
Speaker 10: Not Actually I don't want I don't want to take it again. Okay, I don't want to take it again. I'm marking this closed.
Speaker 5: With D put it under the lament category.
Speaker 10: Do not let her take I do has a comment, Bruce has a comment on Champion windows.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Bruce, what's your comment?
Speaker 9: And Tom appreciate this.
Speaker 28: He we had talked earlier concerning my complaints of wind whistling windows we.
Speaker 17: Live out on the planes.
Speaker 28: They came, took the trim off.
Speaker 7: Now was this Champion? Was this Champion?
Speaker 9: Was?
Speaker 28: Yes, it was the Champion windows. We talked six eight months ago, you and I did concerning Yes, they finally came out, did do a little bit wary work, opened up the existing trim that was on there, and we found gaps of where they weren't sealed, they weren't phoned in. They proceeded to fix three of the windows out of the No. Nine and didn't bother with the rest. Touched a couple pieces of cocking up and left and this was Two Champion supervisors in Champion window trucks came. I'm Elizabeth, I think up to our place in Watkins, you.
Speaker 1: Know, at one point, going back what's probably been eight nine years now, we ever got complaints on him. Then when that equity company came in, and I want to say this for a lot of people.
Speaker 10: There were two things that happened. Paul Bono, Yeah he got left.
Speaker 7: Yep, he's gone.
Speaker 10: And when he left it started a little but then they closed the factory here and then they were purchased by some private equities.
Speaker 1: Who also bought about ten other little window companies. So what I wanted to tell people, though there's a lot of brands out here, I'll use one right now, Don's garage Doors. Tom, you knew Don personally for a long time. It's the same purchase.
Speaker 5: By He was purchased by a private equity.
Speaker 1: Firm, a private equity firm that also purchased probably ten or twelve other smaller garage door companies around here. A lot of times people well don't realize you're dealing with one conglomerate, but you're thinking of the name the person that did actually start the business and cared about it.
Speaker 5: I mean to me, it's remarkable how these things happen.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and you know, to Don's defense, I guess he wanted to you know you wanted to retire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's nothing, there's nothing wrong with it. But I'm just saying a lot of people think the name is still the same person.
Speaker 5: It simply isn't.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Same with these big car dealerships, you know that. I mean, you go ahead, name one name one that is still the saman Sounders Stevenson. They don't own it anymore, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 10: Uh, there there were there are several case several I mean, how about you know, well, I can't even remember their original names because they're so far gone right now. But one thing that did stay in the family, but it still went to hell with shamp.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure it's still in the family. We did get an email one time saying the kid owned it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think that. I think she passed it on to her son when to hell. But there were really good people around that aren't around anymore, and just the whole thing now some get better believe it or not.
Speaker 7: Hey, have you know what Nick?
Speaker 24: Now?
Speaker 1: When I'm sorry, I was going to ask him if he's had one of these companies ever. Come to you guys at Gravina and say, hey, do you have any interest in selling out a.
Speaker 6: Couple over the years, but I just brush it aside. It's not anything that we're looking for. Yeah, okay, you know, I mean, I'm here for the next twenty thirty years. Easy, So you know that's that's my passion. It's what I know. It's all I know is windows.
Speaker 7: As my mom said, God willing.
Speaker 5: There you go, okay anyway?
Speaker 10: Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five talking about garage doors. Oh no, well, let me go to Mark. He's been waiting longer. But Gilberto will go to you two with that garage door problem. After that, Mark, what's going on with car rebates?
Speaker 7: Mark? What's happening.
Speaker 12: Tom As? You probably know Excel has a five dollars rebate out for EV's and plug in some of them.
Speaker 7: Yeah they have, Yeah, I know they have various rebates.
Speaker 5: I don't know each and every one of them. Go ahead, sir, okay.
Speaker 12: The process is that you submit an application with them and you qualify on the basis of whether it's a plug in or an EV It's the same dollar amount of rebate, the five thousand, five hundred, but you need to have income that is eighty percent of your county's medium income. It can't be any higher than that.
Speaker 10: And then now is it for what if you've just what if you just buy an EV, do you have to have an EV and a charger?
Speaker 12: No, there's a separate thing for chargers. There's some money available for chargers too.
Speaker 7: So the car.
Speaker 12: Program is that you you buy any be you're a plug in, and if you qualify, you get the five thousand, five hundred.
Speaker 5: Hold on, I'm just a little curious.
Speaker 7: Why is that?
Speaker 1: Why would Excel a power company if you're not installing a charger and has nothing to do with power.
Speaker 5: You said that was separate.
Speaker 1: Why are they giving fifty five hundred dollars to you if you buy one of those?
Speaker 12: You know, I don't know what their motivation is. I would suspect perhaps there's a little political pressure put on them to help, you know, electrify Colorado, since there's such a big push for that.
Speaker 7: So, what what happened? What happened here?
Speaker 12: I think, well, this is yeah, let me get to what happened here, which is which I think is just a very poor business practice on Excel's part. So the steps to do this and I've done this as you send in your application, they verify your income and they send you back a number that says you're pre approved. Give this number to the dealer, then they'll apply the rebate at the point of say right, so I did that, and and the other qualification is that the car has to have an MSRP of thirty five thousand dollars or less.
Speaker 13: So there's not a lot of cars that fit.
Speaker 12: Into this category. And I was looking at a Preus plug in, but I had to get the very base model. Dealers don't have a lot of those around. Had to wait for a dealer their order to come in, had to wait a few weeks to get it. So yesterday I get an email from Excel says, hey.
Speaker 13: We've run out of money.
Speaker 12: You know, we're not taking any more application.
Speaker 1: Oh and now the dealers go and where the hell's my money?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, yeah right right?
Speaker 10: Wait wait, wait, so hold on a second, Mark, hold on, Mark every day, Mark, hold on, did you close on this vehicle with the promise of bringing in the money or did you pay and you're expecting reimbursement.
Speaker 12: No, I've not closed down it, fortunately because the car had just come in.
Speaker 10: Hold lot of seconds, will come right, back to you. All right, this is hold on, good bro, We'll come right back to you. This is important. I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 7: Help.
Speaker 10: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hello Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five and Frank durand the real estate Man dot com will do negotiating of commissions.
Speaker 5: This is a misnow that people. It's not mandatory.
Speaker 10: What's mandatory is they can't have a set commission for everything.
Speaker 5: But Frank has been doing that for years.
Speaker 10: He'll also do a free evaluation of your home for the asking on what it will sell for three h three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hey, real quick, remember I asked Nick about have private equity companies tried to buy them ount and he said, yeah, a few times.
Speaker 5: I just got a text from Jay Bratz. Listen to this man.
Speaker 1: He gets at least three to five a week of conglomerates trying to buy Excel roofing. And he said, I didn't know this. He said, a lot of the ones around town that you think are the same people you might have dealt with five ten years ago after a hailstorm, they are no longer owned by the same people.
Speaker 5: They're owned by these funds.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 10: And what a lot of these funds do is they retain the owners to work for a while yep, and then they gradually transmission a transition to a national name.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 5: Or what they do is they they keep the name and then just.
Speaker 7: Sell it again. So it's just a it's a big game.
Speaker 5: Now it's the deal.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's some of them that are good though. In other words, the ones I've happened to deal with, and I'm not going to go back and harp on the garage door people, but it was dealing with a totally different company.
Speaker 5: It was absolutely insane.
Speaker 1: But I'm sure in some instances there must be good operators.
Speaker 5: There has to be. We are of restaurants selling it.
Speaker 10: Well, let me let me give you some let me give you some prime examples. Plumb Line Services was purchased by an equity firm, the Wrench Group.
Speaker 7: But but they tain't.
Speaker 10: But Bob is still he's still part owner. That's right, That's what I was going to say. They they take the local people and grant them ownership in it, and they have equity in it, and they love it and they stay there.
Speaker 5: That's a whole different ballgame.
Speaker 7: But but other.
Speaker 10: Private equity companies buy and destroy, Okay they do now like with Champion, they get rid of the good people. Now another one, fix at twenty four to seven is owned by an equity group. But George is part of that too, So if they retain ownership, that's the strength. Now you have the best of both worlds. You truly do. And there's nothing See first of all, there's nothing.
Speaker 5: Wrong with a private equity group.
Speaker 10: I'm doing a private equity with vest Era Turnkey for some of my investors who don't want to do one hundred percent of the real estate investment with even though it's a wonderful investment.
Speaker 5: Don't get me wrong. But if they don't want.
Speaker 10: Put up the minimum I think is sixty five or sixty whatever, sixty five or seventy whatever it is. If they just want to do twenty five, they can do. I'm doing a group that is buying a group of their investments. So what does private equity mean? It means there are investors who invest in this fund. Then this fund goes out and buys companies and turns them around. Who was the first private equity to do all of this?
Speaker 5: Come on, we all know.
Speaker 10: He made it famous and they're all copying him. Warren Buffett, famous turnaround person, famous person for taking companies out and improving them or just consolidating them. And so the word private or the phrase private equity should not scare people. If it's a good private equity firm, market it on the head. You know, there are some good ones that actually run a better business than someone could do by themselves.
Speaker 5: They add strength to the company.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 10: So, Mark, you have an issue with some car rebates, and we talked about this. Now let me explain this to you. Okay, you're not going to like it, but I'm going to say this to you. Excel Energy is a private company that offers, makes public offers, and they may public offers about money and rebates. There are other companies that do this as well when it comes to solar. There are other companies that do this when it comes to other kinds of rebates. Now the question is this, did Excel Energy have a contract with you? And the simple answer is no. See, they did not have a contract with you. They had an offer. There's a big difference, big difference. There was nothing signed, sealed and delivered before you went out to try to find a car. It was an offer. So are they bound by this offer? The simple answer is no. I mean, so it's unfortunate. But this happens, by the way, with other kinds of grant money, for example for energy efficiency and for a solar there are certain rebates that run out.
Speaker 12: Mark Tom, I understand that.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 13: I told that. I just think they did it in a very poor, poor way.
Speaker 7: Approved.
Speaker 10: Now, now you understand that it did not benefit It did not benefit them in any way, shape or form for them to for you to refuse it.
Speaker 5: It did not benefit them at all.
Speaker 10: I mean, they had a certain amount of money to give away and they did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But there's there's a big argument to be made he got this, you know, this special number up the front.
Speaker 10: There is zero argument to be made that they had a contract with him.
Speaker 1: Well no, but when you go to somebody, you go to Excel and say, hey, I'm going to buy this car, let me get a rebate. And this guy fills out all the application and everything he did to get the rebate, and they send him back.
Speaker 5: What did you call it, Mark.
Speaker 12: Mark, It was an authorization.
Speaker 5: An authorization number.
Speaker 7: They did not send him an author's.
Speaker 5: Well that's what he just called it. And that's what. No, no, he didn't, he said. They sent a rejection letter. No no, no, no, no, no, Mark, explain it again.
Speaker 12: Two separate, two separate things. They first approved it back the end of October and they sent the authorization number, and then yesterday they sent.
Speaker 10: Out okay, and that's a totally hold on, that's a totally different ball game. They already approved you and then said they ran out of money.
Speaker 14: Black Friday is coming, And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and out of thirty seconds at the push of a button, and right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartisian at the push of a button, make Fox quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattans, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off amazing toys. I'm just for kids. Get one hundred off of cocktail maker when you spend four hundred through Cyber Monday, visit boptisian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A R T E s I A n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 7: Correct. Okay, that's a whole different ballgame.
Speaker 10: I thought you said instead of the authorization, you got a rejection.
Speaker 5: Now here's what I want to know.
Speaker 10: With the authorization, did it say any kind of disclaimer language whatsoever that you must redeem before funds run out or anything to that at all?
Speaker 5: You know it did in the small print. There's no doubt in my mind.
Speaker 7: I don't know Mark did it.
Speaker 12: Imagine it did. I would imagine it did. Tom. I would have to look through it too.
Speaker 10: When did they When when did they offer this rebate? What was it called this rebate? And when did they offer it?
Speaker 12: Electric vehicle purchase rebate?
Speaker 2: I don't know when.
Speaker 12: They started offering it. I know that I got approved for it, like end of October October twenty something or other, right, and so I sent in the paperwork. They send me back in number, say hey, you approved. This is your authorization number. Give this to the dealer when you buy the car.
Speaker 7: And you did.
Speaker 13: I'm saying is they may have had this go and they.
Speaker 7: Never had an expiration date on it.
Speaker 5: So you hold on they.
Speaker 7: Never had an expiration date on it? Right?
Speaker 5: No, No, So you could have bought the car in five years.
Speaker 12: Well, I don't know if you can go five years there?
Speaker 10: Well, I don't know either. That's why I'm asking. I'm not trying to be funny. Yeah, I'm asking.
Speaker 2: Oh no, did they have.
Speaker 12: I'm saying don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I don't think it says anything about that in there, because do.
Speaker 10: You think, okay, well, then then if they did not have a disclaimer, it could be used at any time anywhere and there were no terms and conditions, is what you're telling me.
Speaker 5: No, I just want to know.
Speaker 1: No, he's actually saying, if you're listening to him, it probably does have verbiage in there like that. But the bottom line is, who would look at that if you're going to buy it not five years from now, but they give you an authorization, christ I would think that it was going.
Speaker 5: To go through.
Speaker 10: I would too, unless it said it's it's only valid until money's run out.
Speaker 7: Then I would make.
Speaker 10: Sure I did it immediately and I would verify it.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's a contract.
Speaker 10: I mean, they did send him an author say can you send us your paperwork?
Speaker 12: Sure? What do I send it to help.
Speaker 5: At troubleshooter dot com. That's the email.
Speaker 12: Okay, listen, man, let me finish.
Speaker 10: There's a possibility there's a possibility that they they did kind of screw you.
Speaker 12: Go ahead, Yeah, well well what what what I'm saying is that though, is it's just a bad business practice. They knew how many rebates they were coming by the authorization numbers. They can't give out. I agree, man, we cut it off and die great money, you know, instead of sending you a number and then in the then they cut the thing off.
Speaker 5: You know, that might be that whole time frame.
Speaker 1: If there's a timeframe listed in there, they gave the authorization and maybe.
Speaker 10: You wait, wait wait wait wait, we gotta definitely break. We're not gonna have any time. Hold on, we'll see you next hour. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 10: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Rid news need advice so you don't.
Speaker 2: Have come running Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 4: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 7: Now Tom Martino, Hey, I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 10: Welcome to the show three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Here to help.
Speaker 7: You anyway we can.
Speaker 10: So all you have to do is give us a call, and we we're happy.
Speaker 7: To do it right now.
Speaker 10: As you can see, we got a studio full and uh deputy docs there with his dyed hair and uh eighty year old ass and thinks he we believe that he doesn't use hair colored, but I dike. And then we have major Mark Mouth, Major Mark Major. I'm sorry, did I did I say?
Speaker 2: You did?
Speaker 7: You did? That's all right?
Speaker 10: And then we have uh Gravina has the greatest windows guy, Nick, son of Larry and uh, what was your granddad's name that started it all in seventy two? Tony Tony. I like that name, Tony Gravina. Well, okay, you guys are Italian, see you can't. I knew you were great people. Oh yeah, So you got Tony Gravina started his dad, Larry worked for Tony, and then Larry started nine to fifty West Evans.
Speaker 7: Then we got Nick taken over. Nick. When did you join your dad? Well?
Speaker 6: I started working from him, uh, right out out of high school in ninety seven.
Speaker 5: Then when did you realize you knew more than him.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I clied, probably knew more before I started with him.
Speaker 7: So, you know, he makes me sound like.
Speaker 29: A race horse, you know, Nick Gravina, forty two year old, guilding out of Tony who was born in you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 10: Gilberto. Let's talk about Primo's garage doors. I don't know if I've ever heard of Primos. What's going on, Gilberto?
Speaker 7: What's going on?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 23: So I'm an employee that used to work there, and I've been in the industry now for about seven years, and they have some of the the most receptive practices that I've seen in the industry.
Speaker 5: Man, May I ask something?
Speaker 10: May I ask something to But when did you leave them?
Speaker 12: I can actually give you the exact date.
Speaker 5: Just roughly, just roughly. Their reviews are pretty damn good, man.
Speaker 10: I want to ask though, That's what I'm getting at. I wanted to ask him when he left roughly.
Speaker 23: So here's here's here's why though. So my last day there was on the.
Speaker 10: Fifth and the fifth of the fifth.
Speaker 5: Of November.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, he's grinding the axe. Okay, man, So that's what I wanted to know. You have a problem with them, we can handle the problem rather than just downgrading the whole company unless they deserve it. I'm not I'm all for going after bad guys, but is it a problem that you have, or is it a problem you or you tell me what your goal is here.
Speaker 23: So I just want to inform the consumers that there's there's companies that are going to offer them a better value for their money and also just a better company to support in general. I do have have a personal beef. I guess you could say with them, may I.
Speaker 10: May may I ask what that is? Because that's what I want to get at. What is your personal beef? And I don't mind people calling if they have a legitimate beef at all. Don't get me wrong here, bros. What's going on with you?
Speaker 23: So my, we'll touch on a couple of things. So number one, I was hired as a salaried employee as as an apprentice.
Speaker 12: All right, I have no issues with that because I don't have the driver's license.
Speaker 23: Okay, tom, So I understand in order to be in this industry and have a truck, you got to have a driver's license.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 23: They gave me an opportunity, and I appreciate that, sure, but I was brought in under under the understanding that it would be a salary position for X amount of money per week, and the week would consist of working Monday through Friday, eight hour days.
Speaker 1: That's what you believed, Okay, well generally said hold on, I just want to throw this in generally a salary position. I mean, the hours are definitely extended quite a bit.
Speaker 23: Yeah, but okay, And that's fine, And that's fine if that is the if that's the understanding.
Speaker 12: When when the agreement was made fair?
Speaker 7: And do you have a written agreement or was it verbal?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 12: No, it was it was it was written. It was in an offer letter.
Speaker 5: Okay, cool, Then what happened. We'll keep going what happened?
Speaker 23: So then I'm really good at my job. If you look at my if you go and look at their reviews over the last month, I'm responsible for all their reviews. And this is why I can say that Tom I was their only technician. So right before I got hired, they had their whole team quit on them, okay, and then they brought me on. I didn't know this until I got hired, and the person that was driving me around who I was training for them to be a garage dark technician was like, hey, did you know that before you the whole team quit because they were being mistreated.
Speaker 12: And I was like, no, I didn't know that at all. Actually, now fast.
Speaker 10: Forward, so tell me what your problem is now.
Speaker 23: Yeah, yeah, so's here's here's my thing. I'm working Monday through Saturday, twelve to fourteen hour days, okay, for the same salary, which whatever. I'm a grinder, okay, Tom, I've been in this industry for a while. I'm not ashamed to roll up my sleeves if you will. But then on Tuesday, I had called and I was like, hey, guys, need to call in for the day. And I was told that there is no calling ines within the first ninety days. And I was like, unfortunately, this is something that I can't control. With out of my control, I'm not.
Speaker 10: So you were you were only with the company when you left less than ninety days?
Speaker 12: Yes, correct? Correct?
Speaker 23: And I had no doubt that it said that in my employee handbook. I don't and and my quarrel is not with them saying hey, you're self terminating. That is the term that they used. Okay, their HR representative. The term was used that.
Speaker 5: I will So where does this? Where does it I need to go?
Speaker 7: See?
Speaker 10: So far, I just want to tell you something. So far, I'm not hearing anything they did wrong. So keep going.
Speaker 5: Is it an unemployment issue?
Speaker 23: And so and so there isn't there's anything wrong to that point. Now, here's where it begins, in my opinion, if you're letting me go and if I understand the lost career.
Speaker 10: Well hold on, wait, let's get back to that first thing. When you were when they were said you can't call him sick for during your first ninety days?
Speaker 5: Did you go in or did you stay out?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 23: I stayed out unfortunately there was a family matter that just it was out of my control.
Speaker 12: There's there's nothing I could do above that.
Speaker 7: Would you be allowed to take a sick day?
Speaker 10: Listen, Gilberto, it's going to be back and forth for a little while here. Are you allowed to take a sick day during the first ninety days?
Speaker 7: Or no days?
Speaker 12: No days at all? That is what I was told.
Speaker 5: Okay, Then what happened?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 23: I was told that I would get my check on the same day that I would because I was self terminating, because I had asked him. I was like, well, if you're letting me go, shouldn't you have my check?
Speaker 7: I don't even know.
Speaker 5: What that means self terminating.
Speaker 10: They find that he's quitting, it means he's quitting. Well not really, Well, okay, if he didn't show up for work, they're going to make the argument that he quit.
Speaker 7: I get it.
Speaker 5: And then but I still go, okay, so what does it even mean? So now what.
Speaker 12: I don't argue with that? Okay, here's my issue. Now, my payday is tomorrow, supposedly, Okay. I have four T shirts and a sweater that I was given by them.
Speaker 5: Okay, and they're going to offset if you don't return them.
Speaker 23: No, they already did in a ridiculous amount. I'm not going to disclose them out, but I will tell you that it is more than any T shirt I have ever paid.
Speaker 5: But can't you return? Can't you return them?
Speaker 23: I offered that, and they told me that I was more than willing to return it, but that they are not reimbursing me anymore.
Speaker 7: My final no, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, wait a minute.
Speaker 10: They can only offset if you refuse to return company property. Now that they might be a little they might be off base here, man, but you have to you have to do me a favor. How exactly how many T shirts, sweatshirts or whatever?
Speaker 7: Just tell me.
Speaker 12: Four T shirts and one zip up city?
Speaker 5: Okay, what did they take off?
Speaker 7: For those?
Speaker 14: Um Black Friday is coming And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and out of thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartisian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off. Amazing toys aren't just for kids. Get a one hundred off of tail maker when you spend four hundred Through cyber Monday visit Baptisian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A R T E s I a n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 12: I need to say that.
Speaker 10: No, let's just say a number. What's the hell's the difference? You just called telling us they have great they have bad deals for consumers and all the other stuff. Well, you're not going to tell me how much they're they're withholding for your T shirts?
Speaker 12: Roughly two hundred dollars wow?
Speaker 5: For for four T shirts and a hoodie?
Speaker 23: Yes, correct, Wow, I'm apart is a card that we would have a customer scan to leave me? As Gilbert, a technician of primas a review on Google directly, it's called a popocard's that.
Speaker 5: Is really hold on, man, that is really weird.
Speaker 12: Yeah, very much so and so Gilbert.
Speaker 10: I think I think you'd have a good argument with the State Labor Board man or the State wage in our commission.
Speaker 1: I'd be curious what the manual says, like, are those T shirts? Did you clean them yourself? Or did they actually have a service at it them?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 12: I do my own laundry.
Speaker 1: That's outrageous, totally outrageous, outrageous.
Speaker 5: Man, let's call over to this company.
Speaker 10: It's outrageous, Gilbert, I think you have a legitimate gripe.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I mean here so as a matter of fact, Tom, let me read you. Let me read you a text message okay that me and the owner's wife shared this morning.
Speaker 16: Okay.
Speaker 12: It says your final check paycheck.
Speaker 23: Will be available on Friday, as it includes an itemized breakdown of any necessary deductions as outlined in our company handbook, which everyone acknowledges and at onboarding. Uniforms and equipment must be returned immediately upon separation from the company. We attempted to reach you multiple times regarding this, but unfortunately we did not receive a response. Therefore, in line with our protocol, I have deducted any damaged items or any items as damaged from your final paycheck. You have been removed from Primos and there will be no further reimbursements. You may choose to keep any items in your position.
Speaker 5: Or you may labor boards.
Speaker 12: Welcome to your labor board.
Speaker 5: Labor Boards late.
Speaker 10: Hours going to determine they really will investigate this man.
Speaker 7: Huh, I gotta take a break. Here's the money.
Speaker 5: Please hang on, we got more coming right up.
Speaker 10: Hang on, go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his own week customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two by Tom Martino, your Troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Oh goodness, let's go to the phones and uh see what we can do for you. So, uh, we're gonna send Primo to wage an hour and get somebody to work on it.
Speaker 5: Who wants to work on it? D you want to be happy to help Deputy.
Speaker 10: Deal take this one, Gilberto, so he'll be in touch with you and uh and he's gonna look into the uh the offsetting rules. Okay, I think they exaggerated a bit, but also wage an hour. Make sure at Kichina get all his information for Deputy d. Let's go to Monty. Hey, Monty, you're not the one. You're not the one that texts me all the time, right.
Speaker 16: The one and only are you?
Speaker 7: Really?
Speaker 10: You're the one that always puts Mark down? Be honest about it.
Speaker 17: Absolutely, the biggest, I feel, the biggest liberal ever Mark.
Speaker 7: Can I still help him? Please? Can I still? We'll shay, we'll shave. What's going on?
Speaker 28: Man?
Speaker 7: Seriously? What's going on?
Speaker 16: But Jack hemp? Or do we built out of?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 17: Do we build out?
Speaker 16: But anyway?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I've got a.
Speaker 27: Situation where dealing with a property manager, I get Section eight, hunt and what going on? We do our re certification every year. Mine was doing August.
Speaker 7: Now I know why you're liberal?
Speaker 1: By the way, Uh, I'll tell you what. See Tom, I didn't say a damn word, but I did say something to Dragon the minute he said that.
Speaker 7: No, I'm just kidding Monty.
Speaker 10: So you get no, Siriah, so you get Section eight, hud tell me what's going on?
Speaker 27: So anyway, we do our recertification once a year of mine is due on the first of August, which is my birthday every year. So they made a mistake. They go through rotations of property managers couldn't get mine done even though I kept contacting.
Speaker 16: Them, kept going up there fill out paperwork.
Speaker 27: So they basically just told me just hold tight until we can get to you. So this past October I was able to do my recertification with the regional manager, the regional managers of Bail Property.
Speaker 16: What happened after that is that we sit down and it was.
Speaker 27: Pretty lengthy because those recertifications usually go for.
Speaker 16: About forty five minutes. My employment went well over, you know, an hour and a half hour, fifteen minutes.
Speaker 7: And when did you finally get recertified?
Speaker 16: It was October to twenty four.
Speaker 5: Okay, got it.
Speaker 27: So so we had a new rent rate which was supposed to well there's a lot of backstory, but let me just stay focused. My new rent rate was scheduled to kick in on January first.
Speaker 16: My previous rent rate was.
Speaker 27: Twenty five dollars and the new rent rate starting in December the first is.
Speaker 16: So I thought, okay, that's interesting.
Speaker 27: I said, let's go over the facts again, because dealing with this company, they are a little shady. So I actually on three occasions, let's do the math. I said, she what we're looking at here is that when we start to do recientification, we give you a under sixty seven dollars credit, which is not which is pretty common when you do recertifications. So they want you to come in get to get it off their desks.
Speaker 16: And then what we were doing for November.
Speaker 27: Is subtract that dollars for the one sixty seven carol the December you pay the fifty dollars rent in December to one and then.
Speaker 16: We just gone from there.
Speaker 27: So I said, okay, could you do the numbers on a calculator just to be sure. We did that three times. So as we exit, I said, I need copies of all my paperworkers, like they know that anything I signed any copies? So she said share once you weigh on the lobby, Lindy Goemnty.
Speaker 7: May I ask something.
Speaker 10: You have a little gap here from August to October. What happened for August, September and October. Since you got recertified at the end of October, what happened for those three months?
Speaker 27: Oh it was they were having problems and which they still do.
Speaker 7: Keep it am out.
Speaker 10: What I'm asking you is what I'm asking you is very simply, this did section eight pay their share for those three months.
Speaker 27: Absolutely, and everything is said. They have a portal in which I pay my rent on and so the portal shows you the details of each month, what's owed and what's paid.
Speaker 10: I get it, and you pay. And let me get this straight. You paid twenty five percent.
Speaker 16: No, I paid twenty five.
Speaker 1: He did pay twenty five bucks a month. Now it's one ninety two, is that correct?
Speaker 5: Monty Pretta the new rate, and he's.
Speaker 1: Saying it's crazy because it went up.
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 1: I mean it went up eight times basically. So you told them to do the math, use a calculator. And what happened?
Speaker 27: Well, once she told me had under seaty seven dollars credit on three seven times. I told her she did on the capit she goes, what it is with the one seaton seven dollars credit? Don't bimber rent will still be twenty five? Will deduct twenty five from sixty seven?
Speaker 7: I get it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Please don't go through it all. Just tell us what went wrong?
Speaker 16: Okay? So I said, okay. So we went to it with lobby. I said, let's cause there was a lot of paperwork.
Speaker 10: I think we're can you can you just can we just not hear all of the movements and stuff and just the problem.
Speaker 27: Okay, So here's the problem. After I got my paperwork, she explained the situation to me.
Speaker 10: Again, I need to know the problem, Mante. I don't need to know the process. I need you to go right to the problem.
Speaker 16: Well, here's the problem.
Speaker 27: I went to the portal and the portal is totally different.
Speaker 10: Now, okay, so the portal, the portal does not reflect the figures she gave you.
Speaker 16: And told me, yes, and what I have, So how.
Speaker 10: Would you Here's what I want to know, and I'm not disputing that. What does the portal say you owe?
Speaker 16: The portal says that I owe this month twenty yeah, and then next month.
Speaker 10: Now here's all I need to know. And I don't want to go through the math again. But what's the difference between what the portal says you owe and what you would pay if her figures were correct? What's the difference in actual dollars?
Speaker 27: Well, it would have been twenty five this month and it would have been fifty next month because I had one hundred and sixty seven dollars of credit?
Speaker 5: Got it? What did they do with your credit?
Speaker 27: They took the credit and they've made they started my rent increase in November instead of December.
Speaker 5: Okay, why did they do that?
Speaker 27: I don't know, because I know through hud is that they give you they have to give you thirty days after recertification for your new rent rate to start.
Speaker 16: And that gave me only a days, even though she told me in the meeting, had but after.
Speaker 10: Your recertification, hold on after your recertification date or the actual recertification, because you were supposedly supposed to be recertified August first, right, so that would have given him more than thirty.
Speaker 7: Days to make this easy.
Speaker 1: Though, Tom, you know what I think we do is put Deputy Scott my god, he's a bean counter by trade. It's all math, no matter what, this is going to come down to, good math or bad math.
Speaker 17: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But Monty, what I'm saying is no.
Speaker 7: Here, Here's really here is really what.
Speaker 5: It comes down to.
Speaker 10: Truly, were they authorized to make that rent increase when they did? That's all it comes down to.
Speaker 16: Increase?
Speaker 10: But November December, No for November. Did they do that correctly or not? If they did it correctly, and you're going to owe more than you thought if they did it incorrectly, then they should have extended it until December, right, Okay, so let's just let's just confine it.
Speaker 7: I don't want to make it complicated.
Speaker 10: I don't want to make it complicated whether you had credit or not.
Speaker 7: You still have the credit.
Speaker 10: It's just that they ate it up with your with a rent increase, and you're saying they implemented the rent increase thirty days.
Speaker 14: Early Black Friday is coming. And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well.
Speaker 18: There's something for them this year too.
Speaker 14: Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and under thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more. So, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartisian, at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off. Amazing toys aren't just for kids. Hundred off of cocktail maker. When you spend four hundred through Cyber Monday, visit Baptisian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A R T E s I A n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 10: Okay, I got you, Bro, I got you. So if they did, then we should have it corrected. And I do agree that they that Deputy Dollar is the one to do this or to check it out. So basically, Hud, upon his certification, he got a rent increase that he said was early that costs him more money than he thought. We don't have to complicate it beyond that three h three seven months?
Speaker 7: No what what? What?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 16: Now the riding crease is fine. It just happened a month early.
Speaker 7: But I said that three times. Monty.
Speaker 10: Do you see listen, Bro, you gotta listen. You can't be Joe Biden. Now, you can't be common Harris. You gotta listen.
Speaker 7: You gotta listen like a Republican.
Speaker 12: How much?
Speaker 5: Hey, Monty, I'm just kidding you.
Speaker 10: Just forget it, doc, I mean, really, let's not complicate this thing. They made a rent increase thirty days early, and he's paying more than he expected after recertification period.
Speaker 5: Hold on you, you can't that.
Speaker 1: They did you hear him when he said that they charged him the the new amount early.
Speaker 10: Shut up, Mark, No, I'm gonna get honest to god. Mark is kissing me off lately.
Speaker 5: Okay, we got more coming up.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 10: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 7: Help.
Speaker 10: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: Welcome to the show. Now listen to this one. You ready? You ready?
Speaker 17: Mark?
Speaker 10: Listen to this one? Yes, I got the hyundaid dealer got back to me. Yes, so I said, Would a battery cause all that trouble?
Speaker 7: Why is she having a limp mode?
Speaker 10: Why were the engine lights going on right after a major repair from this collision center yep, and from the same dealer, and they were so kind. Of course, they took it in and I got an email they got it in right away. That was amazing. We just got a toe in there and they said, we found the problem on the ilantra. I apologize for the inconvenience having a toad in. Of course, everything's covered under warranty. We found the problem. Looks like like a rabbit climbed into the engine compartment to stay warm and decided to.
Speaker 7: Snack on a couple of wires.
Speaker 18: Wow.
Speaker 10: As evidenced by his carcass, this happens periodically. It is an easy repair, and we did it.
Speaker 7: It's ready to go home.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 7: Sense of testing.
Speaker 10: We're here till five pm and back at eight am. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Speaker 1: Remember we used we used to get calls about rodent, s eat and wires all the time. I haven't had well, it wasn't it wasn't my house, no, no, no, I just everywhere.
Speaker 10: But it was two months at the at the dealership. So wow, that's where it happened. Was at the dealership, not your house, at the collision center. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Wow, they they should.
Speaker 5: Wow, I really appreciate them.
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 10: I mean, they got right on it. But I probably bought a battery for no reason. Let me ask you, when you buy a car at a dealer, you know, like the like the Hyundai's you bought them mark, is that battery gonna be bad?
Speaker 7: Is it good?
Speaker 5: Because the winner's coming for me to put a new one in after three years?
Speaker 1: Anyway, if if that was not the problem, which has now been determined, I would not buy a new battery right now.
Speaker 7: You wouldn't.
Speaker 5: No, I can't return a battery though, can I?
Speaker 7: I can't.
Speaker 1: Uh did you give him a core? Has it already been installed? Or did you go buy? No, it's not installed, but I have it.
Speaker 7: I just don't know. Buy it at advanced?
Speaker 5: I think yes, they will take it back, but I wonder so Okay, so the whole problem was that probably the wire.
Speaker 10: But but guys, uh, my YouTube Barns and anyone else listening is three years about it on a factory uh installed battery or what?
Speaker 1: You never replaced a battery on any of my hondais And you know we're talking like ten different ones ever, but.
Speaker 5: You only keep them three? You only keep him three years Mark. Well that's true, true, yeah, so yeah, so people, what do you think? Let's ask Kevin.
Speaker 10: Get uncle Kevin on Bill, go ahead, what's going on with you?
Speaker 14: Bro?
Speaker 7: What's going on?
Speaker 14: Black Friday is coming? And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and under thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartisian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off. Amazing toys aren't just for kids. Get one hundred off of cocktail maker when you spend four hundred. Through Cyber Monday, visit Martisian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A R T E s I A N dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 7: A Hi Tom, Hey Bill? What's happening?
Speaker 22: Yeah, just need some help with metro district questions. I live in Franktown in uh the Buckhill metro District one and two and.
Speaker 7: What wha wait?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 5: What is the metro district for in Franktown?
Speaker 7: For mark? Do you know what is it for?
Speaker 21: Is it? A?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 7: But but wait? But it's a metro district for what? For fire protection? For for what?
Speaker 22: I believe it for a new community like the developed here built roads has a water enterprise.
Speaker 7: Okay, got it?
Speaker 10: Okay, so it's so the developer did the metro district and it was approved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we had on our corner out there, Tom, you can picture eighty three and eighty six where the old stage coach was and that barn company whatever. So they actually are building, in fact, probably half or not more is done some new homes right there basically on the corner, not quite on the corner a little south of it, but that's probably why that was formed because they're brand new I think ten to fifteen homes.
Speaker 10: Well, okay, so what's going on with the metro district. What's going on? What's your problem with it?
Speaker 16: Bill, Well, I.
Speaker 22: Feel like there's a lot of conflict with a developer and basically, to describe in a quick way, he acts like a czar, and basically the Yeah, there's a design review committee that you have to put in for landscaping, and you have some neighbors that get approved other neighbors.
Speaker 10: But those those are bill, Bill, those are covenants, though I don't believe they're they're the metro district.
Speaker 5: Metro districts don't get involved with what area are you in? By the way, where is it?
Speaker 22: Well, it's a little, it's right where you were saying, but it's a little.
Speaker 5: Where is it the new gated community? Or no, what's what's the name of the community?
Speaker 22: Fox Hill?
Speaker 16: Bill?
Speaker 7: Fox Hill?
Speaker 29: Yeah, Hey, Bill, I was moved into a new community as well. And the builder basically is the hoa until twenty five percent of the homes are sold and.
Speaker 10: Then actually actually hold on, bro hold on, doctor, It's it's the developer, not the building.
Speaker 7: I mean the developer until and then it depends hold on.
Speaker 10: It depends on the local requirements. Sometimes it can be as much as seventy five percent.
Speaker 7: So, But but they do have a right.
Speaker 10: They do have a right to enforce covenants, as DACA is saying, and they can and then after they get off, then then the homeowners take it over. But this has nothing to do with the metro district. I think you're confusing things.
Speaker 1: Are you in that neighborhood or are you across the street kind of by yourself.
Speaker 16: No, I'm in the neighborhood that.
Speaker 7: New neighbor mark covenance.
Speaker 22: Of about one hundred homes.
Speaker 5: Okay, go ahead, Tom, It's not what I was thinking of.
Speaker 10: It's part of covenance bill. It's part of your covenant that you agreed to when you moved in. Now, if you think the guy is unfairly enforcing the covenants, that's one thing. But they have a right to enforce them. Tell me the exact issue real quick, because I got to take a break. What's the exact issue.
Speaker 22: Well, that's what it is unfair?
Speaker 10: Uh, apply, do you have actual hold on I'll come back to you. I need to know the exact issue that is unfair. In other words, you want to put these bushes in and.
Speaker 7: They wouldn't let you.
Speaker 10: But the neighbor has the same exact bushes. I need to know the issue, not your opinion. We got more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two was special for at least the rest of the day. If somebody calls, come on, let's have some fun.
Speaker 6: Let's let's have to be let's do yes.
Speaker 7: It doesn't have to be good good.
Speaker 6: Our current special is fifty off a window and four to fifty off a door. But if somebody calls and says they heard us on the Tom Martinez Show for the next week, I'll do it up to two hundred off a window and five hundred off of door.
Speaker 10: Holy crap, hold on, I'm gonna write that down. So for the next week. It's five hundred off what.
Speaker 6: Per door and two hundred off per window?
Speaker 7: Oh wow, I'm putting it down.
Speaker 5: Do you have any windows that happen to be two hundred dollars?
Speaker 11: I do not.
Speaker 7: What does that mean?
Speaker 6: Marc asked if they're if they're If I hady windows that were two hundred dollars, I think he's looking for some freebi's here.
Speaker 7: There's no two hundred dollars windows ever.
Speaker 10: Okay, now, now if you if you do this, it's till when they'll look till the end of the week.
Speaker 6: Till next wednesday. I'll do it one full.
Speaker 10: Week till next wednesday. Okay, I'm writing it down. Five hundred dollars per door, two hundred dollars per window.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 10: And that's a great deal. And it's until next wednesday. So people, if you want that, it's Gravinas. Now here's the number three oh three four seven two eighty four sixty two three oh three four seven to two eighty four sixty two nine fifty West Evans.
Speaker 7: You have a showroom there by the way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we have a beautiful showroom. We have a lot on display there.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I've not been out to that location, and uh, people can just drop by to at nine to fifty West Evans.
Speaker 7: What are your hours out there?
Speaker 6: So Monday through Thursday we're open seven thirty to four thirty, Friday from seven thirty to four, and then Saturday we're open from ten to one.
Speaker 10: Oh, that's pretty cool. Well, thank you for being here. We certainly appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Nick.
Speaker 10: Now we're going to take that issue with the covetance with that guy in the subdivision tomorrow along with any other callers.
Speaker 7: So here's what I want to tell you.
Speaker 10: Covenants are very controversial depending on who is enforcing them, but as long as they're enforcing them accurately, you've agreed to it.
Speaker 5: On closing, save all your problems for me.