Speaker 1: Ninety five miles an hour riding too his head.
Speaker 2: He hopped down.
Speaker 1: First with the lump bonius face, and on the very next pitch he up and stole second face.
Speaker 3: With gradest be He wasn't fun, he had yes uniforn.
Speaker 2: Well, Hey, welcome to episode thirty eight of the Prospect B Sides podcast. I am Nate, Handy and Natty to the Natty is here. What it has been? What's up, dude? It's been a minute. Apologies, like a life things, it's just an episode a week. Thing just hasn't been happening. But we're still at it now. My my freaking laptop is on its last leg. It has been rough, dude. I can I can watch a game, I can watch a video where it's like if I touch anything, it's like I accidentally touch a key, the thing just like crashes.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I know how that goes. I just got a new computer myself, and it has been so nice to have a computer that works. Yeah, of course, it's just for work stuff, so it's less useful for our podcasting and deep dives on deep league fantasy prospects. But it is nice to have a working computer, except that, like the computer works, and then have I told you about this saga that I've been had going on with my internet? Like I get it that the internet service providers are monopolies and they're notorious for having the worst customer service, but it's just different when you have to deal with it. Like knowing that that's a fact and that other people have to deal with it, you're like, ah, that sucks. I hate Comcast, I hate CenturyLink, whatever. But then you actually experience it, and it feels like I'm in a dystopian future every time I talk to them, where it's should you not? Today I was on hold with them for three and a half hours today, three and a half hours for the guy to say, I'm gonna I'm really gonna own this problem. We're gonna get it fixed. And he looks it up and it's an area problem, he says, and it has nothing to do with me, and he can't help me. And I was like, but buddy, that might be true, there might be a widespread problem. But also, here's these other three things that you guys have done to my internet in the last month that are driving me crazy, and you can't fix them. You can't fix them. What's going on? And he's like, I can't help you with that. What we'll call you back when when we fix the bigger problem. I'm like, you're not gonna call me back. I'm gonna spend tomorrow on hold with you again. And it's just it's like being a fan of the White Sox. I guess you know where you're just like, you don't have a choice. You're from the South Side and you're like, I'm gonna like the White Sox. Maybe you had that one year in two thousand and five where you're like, oh, this team of Destiny and we won the World Series. I love fat Mark Burley. It's great. And now you're sucked in and you have no choice and you're a fan of the team that's going to break the record for the most losses in the season. I mean, it just sucks.
Speaker 2: You're poking a couple of sore spots there with me. I lived that nightmare with the nightmare or with the internet a couple of summers ago, Matt where I had there's nobody who would give me the internet. I'm like, yeah, it's a Metropolin, Denver and no internet, just none. No one could help me. I don't want to talk about the White Sox Man. But I do have to say this might be a dangerous night to be doing a podcast, Matt, because I'm in a mood. Man I am. I am jazzed up. It's playoff season. I've just got like I've just got like rage against the machine. Just like in my head, I want to run into somebody. I want to talk shit like it's it's like it's like fring training and like this time of year where I'm just like all the jerk juices just get flowing in me. So just a pos I had a time. You may catch a few strays here. I don't know what's going to happen. I just my mouth is liable to run off here.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm here for it. I fought with an ISP today and had a bunch of tough work meetings and so I'm I'm I'm ready to get fisy. Let's go.
Speaker 2: We're right for We're right for a fight here. Yeah, could get fun. This could get fun. Maybe start off talking about the Welsh is p one EIGHTYP drafts that he does. I participated in one. It's always fun. I always like to talk a little smack. But I'm the undisputed prospect mock Draft champion every year, you know, because obviously no one can disprove that. But I sent you over my little draft there, and I just wanted to I wanted to pick your brain. And I make any good choices that I make, any bad choices that I represent this podcast well in my showing there. What do you think so that he does five different drafts, twelve teams a piece, you do one hundred and eighty picks a piece, and then he just aggregate it all and just kind of use that as a little barometer prospect opinion that might be out there. And he does these with you know, people who do content, people who play. It's a good mix of folks. It's a fun time. I had a kind of a fun draft. I think Welsh was in it, and Beck was in it. Jeff Ponce was in it. Nice, Nice, a couple other industry for Beck was my my drafting neighbor. And he was a good neighbor. He didn't he didn't piss me off at all. You know, he was after he was after his whatever losers, and that was taking the studs.
Speaker 4: You know. And the idea is this is like Roto or.
Speaker 2: It's not really generic, not really specific, yeah, more or less. I mean Welsh is like he's like a head to have cats player, I think is his main deal. So I just kind of played it like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I love your first pick, which was Jason Dominguez at sixth overall. You know, I think there's a decent chance in a roto type format that he returns first overall pick. I imagine what a holiday would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like would holiday Cam and Aro left. Yeah, I don't remember who went like fifth and six, maybe Jenkins. I think Jenkins might have went before Duke.
Speaker 4: But okay, yeah, no, no, I mean so maybe if I was sitting at one, I would take Wood over Dominga's, but that might be it for me. Like I know, Domingas hasn't set the world on fire coming back from injury this year, and you know, we'll see when he gets to New York how things shake out. But people forget that he steals maces really well, and I think the power really plays. So I think that's just a great pick.
Speaker 2: At sick, I figured that you would, that you'd endorse that you've talked fondly of his dynasty value.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then at nineteen overall taking Andrew Paynter. I'm surprised you waited that long, like I mean sitting him there at six, Like, I'm I kind of think you might have considered hovering over that key.
Speaker 2: At my top of my key was Jaye Amond on Painter right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not surprised. So that's I think good value there too. Like there are not that many really great pictures in the minor and Painter I still think is going to be one of them. So I thought that was a good pick.
Speaker 2: Beck was right in front of me and he took the first picture Job, and then I took Painter.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, okay, yeah, I think I prefer Painter did job. I mean, Job was great last year, but we might have mentioned this that the innings were a bit of a concern and then obviously the command has kind of backed up this year for Job. Still like him long term, you know, because what he did last year was really good. But yeah, and the injury thing Painters at least was just an elbow, right, we know about those jobs is like Job's is like back and leg or something. I don't know. So anyway, I like that thirty. I think this is probably the first pick where a bunch of other people were like, really, you know moistis by Asteros. Do you get any chirps on this one?
Speaker 2: Uh? Not No, not too much, I don't think. But I thought you'd like that. I thought you'd back me on that.
Speaker 4: I certainly do. And at thirty again, like I might have played the game a little bit and tried to see if I can float him down into the forties because I think most people don't have him that high. But remember this dude is like twenty years old and just crushing double A and triple A as a real, real young guy. And I think, you know, people knock him because he looks like a bowling ball. Fine, you can do that, but he really really knows how to hit. And I just love that kind of guy. So definite co sign there. Again, speed's not going to be part of his game. He's a catcher and that's probably his best position. So if he slides down the defensive spectrum, it's going to be more three or four category production. So I could see like the upside being a little bit limited there. But I think that bat is real, real, so love that one.
Speaker 2: He's a hitter. To me, it's a hit or play with position, whatever.
Speaker 4: Going down your picture real quick quick, Ethan Sallas. I mean this time last year you couldn't have gotten him at forty three. He's still super young, and I think there's a lot of great baseball reasons to like him. I still question what the fantasy impact parts to be. Jordan Beck, I know you like him. We've talked about him on the pod before. He was your next one at fifty four, Caid Cavali at sixty seven. I like this one. He hasn't shown as much as I thought he would coming back, but just.
Speaker 2: He's came back for a little bit then been on the shelf and I don't know what's going on with him.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we've talked about him before though that, and I'm with you on this, like I think the skills there are really good and hopefully the health pulls it back together. That's the real risk with him and with lots of pictures. And then I see your horse Caden Dana, who I've been giving you a hard time that he's more circus, uh Mary go around pony rather than true thoroughbred. But he's very good and I do think he is a solid picture. I think The thing about him that is interesting that you've identified is that he does seem to be able to hold his stuff and work deep into games. I questioned the kind of ultimate strikeout upside I see him settling in more as like you're who's a good example of this? He says like, I don't know Stroman without the ground balls. I just think that the strike up upside isn't going to be huge with him, but he's a decent pitcher and is going to get out. Maybe that's more Merril Kelly kind of ask, is a like upside version of this. Maybe I think that's fair.
Speaker 2: I've been impressed with just him literally adding just another dimension to his to his game this season, Like there's a lot more East West game yeah we had last year and you know, still very young. Love to see that. Who knows what he might be able to add, you know, in the years coming and game and.
Speaker 4: He's very young too, and seeing him progress this quickly, this young, I think says a lot. There are a lot of high school pitchers who people have loved and they haven't had this kind of progression. So honestly, kudos to him. His development has been really good. And then just a couple of quick hitters here. PJ. Moorlando, I know you've talked a bit about him. Maybe we'll keep that one on the D d L while we revisited with our offseason stuff. Drew Romo, I like that pick at one oh two. I've still think he's a really good catcher, and he's sort of been quietly solid this year. I think there's some other catchers that I mean, you took two good ones already, so I might have diversified away from the catcher position, but some lot.
Speaker 2: Of times I was thinking about another catcher, but I was like, dude, I don't want to go like that. Got like two or three right now, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And surprisingly, I think a lot of the catchers have done pretty well this year in the minors where we've talked about some of the other positions have been kind of down maybe, but I feel like the catchers have kind of showed out decently this year and moved up boards pretty well. Then Maser and Burrows like both of these guys, both near to the bigs, both sort of like four or five kind of pictures maybe with if they figure something out a little bit more upside. But I'm a fan of both growing.
Speaker 2: I felt like at that point, I felt like earlier it was like, all right, I'm not like super convinced that there's a ton of everyday bats out here, Like, who are some arms I don't mind taking a gamble on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and those are good ones back in top hundred and early top one fifty kinds good old Chucky McAdoo Charles McAdoo now in Toronto, which is so weird to me. But one of our boys got trade deadline. He was a good pick. Us Baiaz another guy that we like. And I've been a fan of Robbie Snelling though I think that's the first one where I'm like, really, there was nobody better than Robbie Snelling there at one sixty three.
Speaker 2: I'm not forgetting twenty twenty three. And did you see the start that he had yesterday?
Speaker 4: I did not.
Speaker 2: He shoved for six innings. All right, that's fair. I'll take some criticism on that. I think with him. Jesse Severe had me on Dynasty Sports Life pod last week and we just talked about some the prospects that got traded, not pretty boys, the other guys just talking then, Like, to me, a bet on him is just kind of a lot of like intangible sort of stuff. Obviously, the performance hasn't been that great this year, but it was pretty freaking awesome last year. And then who knows, maybe a little change of scenery might might be good for him. Maybe a little bit more hands on direction with the Blue Jays. I don't know, but that's the hope anyways.
Speaker 4: With the Marlins, right, Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. With the Mars, Robbie, Yeah, and that regiment there in Miami, I think they have done a pretty good job at least of the targets they've gone after, and coming from the Rays, that organization maybe has a bit more analytical bent than they have previously. So it's not like getting traded to the Marlins now is like, oh shit, that guy's gone to a dev team that they don't know anything about what they're doing. So in that case, I think some people used to feel that way about the Marlins, and rightly or wrongly, but yeah, it's not a terrible landing spot for Snelling and he definitely has some talent. But for me, at this stage in the one sixties, one seventies, I personally probably would have been looking for bats. But we are different humans and then you with your guy Ryan Gusto.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was just a little fun one. Ye see what happens there. He's still been really good man. Yeah, and starts now that he is uh, he's carving.
Speaker 4: People don't give that enough credit, like you is no joke, man. The run environment there is crazy and if you have any kind of success like this is the ole. I remember getting into a bunch of arguments about this with with people a couple of years ago. I think it was like Gavin Stone or something where I was like, this guy's really good, Like he just chopped up the PCL and that's really hard to do. And then you know, had some bumps in the bigs and then kind of has figured it out a little bit. But anyway, Yeah, it's a hard place to pitch.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like I represented us all right there? Do I get?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: This is this is solid? This is really really solid. And I don't have the whole board here, so you know, I'm sure there's some that I would qubble with more looking at the whole board. It's been a minute since I've done any kind of prospecting draft like this, but yeah, I think you did really well. At the top and that matters the most, and then you got a lot of fun guy in the middle of it. I think are gonna very likely to return value, which is another thing that's interesting about these Like you see people going after your Mizerowskis and you're kind of super high upside young guys that are doing great, but like you're George Wolcose or whatever who have forty percent strikeout rates in a ball and they're like, oh, but it's the power, and you're like, well, but is he ever going to touch the ball enough to make that matter? Like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think my biggest takeaway from being involved in that was what I kind of felt to be. I think the pretty boys are struggling right now. I felt like there was a lot of grasping for some pretty boy hope, you know, like Jenkins being a top ten pick.
Speaker 4: People love him man, and I just don't freaking get it. The strikeout rates ticking up into the mid teens. He's not hitting for power. I'm just like, like, I get it.
Speaker 2: I just I felt like the you know you talk about first round, second round, top twenty thirty or so, there's a lot of young, lesser proven bats that were being taken than I think years past, and that might just be kind of the way of the land right now. I don't know, but I thought that was kind of interesting. Yeah, And I'm like way more into sort of searching through the higher level more I do maybe past B side or B Saide esque bats right now for some teams that I'm trying to you know, reload or get some value out of pretty quick here. You know, like we've had some some B sides that have recently got the call up. Matt Baldwin, Natcho Herder, Gaparo, Tanya's back up. I know he was, He's been up before, but up with his new team the Nats now really kind of thinking about what might be what might might be the kind of next wave for guys like that, you know, Sonoya Terso I think is real close. Yeah, real interesting. So, I don't know, there's there's definitely my RAS thirty team. I've definitely said. I even had some and made some trades and had some younger guys and I said, you know what, screw this, I'm going to cash all these guys in to try to get these types that are close and just just see how it goes. I like it, have a little fun. And then that the last thing on the P one ADP that I always find interesting when we do this thing. It's one hundred and eighty pick draft, right, there's five of them. How many total players do you think we're taken across those five?
Speaker 4: I will say a bigger number this year than I feel like usually, So I'm going to say two fifty.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and sixty something, which I think might be a little bit lower than the last time we did it.
Speaker 4: Really, Oh, I'm surprised.
Speaker 2: Now, let me ask you this, So what what's what's five times twelve sixty? So there are sixty people that took part in this. If you took like sixty people from a MLB scouting department and they did something like this, how many players do you think would be picked? More or less? And this is just a hypothetical, fun question. I have no idea.
Speaker 4: I feel like less. You think so, I think so, I think so.
Speaker 2: And here's why I have it in my head that if they got to go and do it, there'd be like three hundred and fifty players taken. They'd way more. But what do I know? I don't know anything.
Speaker 4: So here's the reason why I don't think that's true. I think if that were true, we would see more trades in the major leagues, and we did just see a lot for the trade deadline. But if teams really did have that wide of variance on who they liked on other teams, such that they had like three hundred and fifty different unique guys that they think should be top one eighty, I think there would be more trades where they were trying to leverage that preference right where they wanted to do more minor swaps or old veteran that it like maybe is fringy value, and they try and pick up some of those we call them more b side s guys that like we value, but those guys don't. And I think the dynasty community has a little bit more hurting, especially in like mocks like this, where people really mostly are like they don't want their picks to look stupid or something, and so they heard a little bit closer together. So normally I would say and something like that was five teams, I would say like maybe two twenty two thirty, especially in years past where I feel like the top one hundred was a little bit tighter a little bit stronger, and then like you look at Post one hundred, maybe there's two hundred guys that you could make an argument for that, but most people are still making an argument for the same kind of fifty to ninety of them that fit in there. And I think in teams that doesn't happen as much, partly because they care more about defense and that gives like a little bit more there's a little bit more weight to a category that really dynasty owners ended up not caring very much about, and partly because if there was such big differences, I think they would act on them more, you know. I think that's that's myhypothesis here.
Speaker 2: Like I said, who knows, But my question would be to that is how much time do you are MLB teams spending looking at other organizations? I have no idea. I've heard of a couple of organizations just in the last year or two that were just essentially getting a pro scouting department started. So who was doing this stuff? I don't know. I have no idea what any of that looks like. But I just always I think.
Speaker 4: It really depends, like there are teams that spend a lot of time on this. I have heard folks like the Brewers spend a lot of time on this. I think the Rays spend a lot of time on this, especially that would make the seasons like this where they sold a bit, and then you look at some of the guys that they got back. I thought they did pretty well, right Like, they picked up some players that I thought were really good, you know, like a bunch of B side guys that we liked went for Zach Efflin, right Like, that was a really interesting trade that was like B side heavy. So I think there are some teams that spend a lot of time focusing on that, and especially the sellers. If you know your team isn't going to be great, but you got a little bit of capital at the major league level, I think they might turn a bunch of the guys that normally spend on development for their team or amateur scouting, and they might turn them to like pro scouting, you know. So maybe Miami did a lot of that this year where they're like playoff team recently, but they knew pretty early on they were going to be one of the few sellers, and they focused a lot of their efforts that way. So I wouldn't be surprised if they dialed that up and down depending on the year.
Speaker 2: For no really reason at all. My dream is to be a part of a P one ADP MAC and find out that four hundred and fifty players were taken in one hundred and eighty player drafts.
Speaker 4: That would be surprising.
Speaker 2: I love the diversity and opinions, and more players the better to me. I don't know what you've been getting into lately. Well you've been watching any guys, You've had your ion. I've got a few year. It's nice to see Cale Durban's back and he popped a home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that was good.
Speaker 2: Finally I'm miss turning that little that little spark plug on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: I wanted to ask you if you've been paying attention to like of mine for a while, Jordan Diez who got DFA and no one picked him up. It's off the forty man, but he's been like tearing up the PCO a little bit here, and like, maybe did you pick him up? Did you just pick him up?
Speaker 4: In one of our leagues? Was I was? I think it was somebody else, but I like hovered over him for a good ten minutes, I think because I was scrolling through because that was in WGM, I think where it was our last waiver run of the year. On Sunday, I really looked at him and I was like, mate, do I want to stash him on that team?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: I didn't, but he was the last change, the last cut, because I still think there's a chance he's a solid big leaguer.
Speaker 2: Like over the last twenty two games three eighty one four seventeen seven two slash with nine home runs and six doubles fifteen strikeouts.
Speaker 4: Like that's pretty fun.
Speaker 2: I've always been drawn to this bat, and you know, I feel like I broke up with him, but now, you know, see him at a party and he's looking nice. So I don't know. I don't know if I made the right call there, but he's he's caught my attention. Like I think we mentioned, I think Terso's pretty close son of getting the chance when that might come for the Padres. But you know, he's been on one for a minute. I've been impressed with and these these are all just former B side guys, Matt, but edgar Quero has been.
Speaker 4: Doing it a yep, it looks good again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, just the last couple of series. He's just like hitting four hundred, slugging damn near seven hundred and hitting some home runs. A couple of guys. I wanted to ask you about that. I haven't watched a whole ton of just kind of started turning them on this weekend and trying to see some at thats. But have you been noticing young Luis Castillo of the Brewer system at all? He's down in Carolina, got called up from the complex.
Speaker 4: I happened, tell me about it.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is more just you know, getting my attention on the stat lines and just starting to get in the video. But last twenty one games with Carolina, he's popped five home runs, He's struck out fourteen times, he's walked eighteen times. He's slashing three twenty eight, four ninety four, six ninety, He's twenty years old. I think they got him playing outfield. Maybe Mark, that guy has someone to do some homework on. That's basically where I'm at with him right now, and I checked. I think he's zero to one percent rostered right now. Love that the Giants have this undrafted I think it was twenty twenty three undrafted free agent Bo Davidson, same story. I want to just start watching him some more. But last eighteen games, four fifty eight, five ninety eight, thirty one, four home runs, four stolen bases, struck out twelve times, walked seventeen times, so one four to one ops over his little a ball run right now. I think he's twenty one years old, college guy. But I know very little about him, but want to learn more. And I want to know, Matt, what you think about Luke Adams. Do you have any opinions there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a big Luke Adams fan. I think he gets knocked for having kind of a funky swing, though I believe he's toned that down a bit this year, at least last time I saw him, it look like a little bit less funky. But the things that he does well, I think he walks a lot, he hits the ball hard.
Speaker 2: I think his slug isn't real high, right, but.
Speaker 4: It's it's Yeah, it's not super high, but he still has decent power, even if it's less light tower power, you know, I think he still can. He pulls the ball a pretty solid amount. Yeah, I mean he's pulling the ball almost half the time this year and you know, his flyball rate isn't super high, but it's still good enough that he's like doing damage on contact. And I don't think he's a great base runner, but he's a cup steals away from going back to back thirty seasons thirty still seasons. He's not fast, and he does get caught a decent amount, but I like the aggressiveness.
Speaker 2: He's kind of an odd duck. Huh. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I think he's like sort of one of those classic, you know, not quite B side guys, because I think he gets a little more love than we usually get behind. But he is sort of odd in his movements, you know, almost like Hunter Pence esque. I'd say it doesn't look like it should work, but there's some things about it that are are pretty athletic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got some unnatural in him right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And still in HIA, I got him in like a little throw in just to throw him patting care or whatever. Okay, you're gonna add him. Cool. But in RASS thirty where you can only pe play twenty five guys and I basically have fifty players on the bubble, I don't know. I don't know if she's if she'd be worth it there and that. I don't know. I don't really know what to do with him. I've seen him. I think he's gotten on some Twitter people's top one hundred lists and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he's really good. And I think I said this in the Dynasty I got the other day and Craig poop pooed me for it, and I was like, I guess, you know, like he's the classic scout View guy, but he's performed pretty well the last couple of years and I think he's I think he's good. I like him again, probably for me, he's probably like top hundred asking back end part of it as a hitter, he does a lot of stuff that I like, and I can see it all right.
Speaker 2: I saw some chatter going on today in the discord about Jonathan Long, who I know we have, yeah, brought up a few times, but he got promoted to double A and like it's kind of been kind of been hitting it man four two, five forty one, six h nine slug over the last nineteen games, popped a couple of home runs. Yeah, I think he's kind of an interesting b side asked that, especially if that sort of success continues. I know, I kind of like the look of him at the plate. So yeah, So Jonathan Long's promotion has been kind of interesting. Nat, I don't know, have you ever turned on Peyton Williams in Blue Jays systems?
Speaker 4: From Yes, but it's been a bit.
Speaker 2: He was like almost my Blue Jays B side call this year. I Am not saying roster him or anything like that, but his bat has kind of come around. You know, he's a big boy and he can he can put a charge into one too, but there's like a little blend of some hitting there. I don't know, I wouldn't bet that anything really comes of it, but putting together a nice back half of the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're really selling him, selling him good.
Speaker 2: He's funny. You gotta get some love to the big boys, Matt.
Speaker 4: I do love a big boy, especially big boys from Iowa.
Speaker 2: To my people. All right, well, you know that's a that's are pretty boring. Anyways. I want to talk about an arm real quick, Matt. An arm that I'm kind of getting more and more excited about the more I watch him. And that's Iverson Castiano with the with the Phillies.
Speaker 4: I haven't watched him.
Speaker 2: Talk to me about him I would have loved to have been fly on the wall during the trade conversations that the Phillies had with the Angels, because I'd be super curious to know how the Phillies view Castillano compared to those two, or vice versa, what the Angels may have thought. I don't know how much they looked into him, but U there are some It's definitely not one to one. But when I watch him, I kind of think about Ben Brown when he was with the Phillies a little bit, and that is just kind of like, I think it's a pretty good fastball. I don't think the slider shapes are like the same, but I'd love to love to compare Ben Brown's breaker and his breaker just on a nice nerdy metric sheet and just see what the differences are there. But Castillano has got promoted to double A. He's made four starts there now forty eight innings, one six four ERA a point nine to one, whip thirty two percent, k percentage seven percent, walks, throwing strikes at about sixty two percent. He's given up one home run over those four starts and four earned runs. Maybe a little bit of a bigger body, boy, I think he's about twenty three right handed. Yeah, you know, just like anybody that I'm gonna like. Man, it's a blend of pitching and stuff. And impressed me with his move up to the uppers here his first four goes at it, I think, faring a lot better than maybe I would have bet on right out the gate. But there's a nasty breaker there that I think he can that he uses pretty well. There's there's other secondaries. It's a potential full kitchen sink. But I've already you know now that sort of pop up season. I think it's kind of over, and trade deadlines are nearing the end and playoffs are starting. I'm starting to turn towards twenty twenty five B side work, and I'm I'm harvesting my names and trying to turn on video and they haven't gotten real too deep. But if Castiano is sticking around at zero to one percent like he is right now, this is a no brainer. Twenty twenty five Phillies B side arm for.
Speaker 4: Me, I like it. Early early flag rays on Castano interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I went, you know, after I traded away a bunch of arms, I put my you know, got a group together of arms. I was like, I see how the rest of the season goes, and I'll pick these guys up. And he was near the top of all those lists for me, and so far, so good. Haven't regretted. You know, I'm just taking a little flyer on him and he'll be sticking around on some of my rosters for sure. Nice. Your boy, Chris compos put up a monster. Why on the other day did you see that? Maybe last week I did not. He went like he went like eight or something. I don't shut out, but I don't have it in front of me, but it was. It was dominance on the day. And I have to admit you told me to go back and watch him, and I have turned him on for like a batter or two at a time and then got way way into something else and haven't completed watching him outing of his yet. But yeah, you might be. You might be someone interesting pay attention to. I've seen a little bit of chatter going on about him.
Speaker 4: I was just perusing the like last twenty one day leaderboard that I go to every now and then on Fangrafts, and he's a couple pages deep. I think he's still doing well, but not not outstanding, but at the top of this leaderboard is just like B side B side B side, you know, Caden Dana, Mason Barnett, Ryan Gusto, Chen way Lynd, Gary Gil Hill, Omar Cruz. So. I don't know if we've talked about, but he's someone that's popped on a couple of my leader boards last month, or so Ander Suarez. It's just like a lot of the guys that we we like have been I think, rounding into form even after they haven't had great seasons. Even Red Van Scooter, you know, RBS has had injuries and a little bit of underperformance at double A, but I think he's rounding into form as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I've been of late, I've been liking what I've been seeing from some of our B side arms that didn't, you know, get the jumping popularity, like Jurmine Rosario is getting double run. I've liked a couple of last starts. I watched DJ McCarty. I think he's starting to He's.
Speaker 4: Got a couple and then yeah, Mullins again still a little wild, but he had an outing that I tuned in for a bit of maybe been last week and I think he went four innings, but it was like eight punch outs and two walks or something. It was like short and a little bit wild, which is kind of what he does. But swing and miss still seems like it's really there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there might be Uh, it might be a good year to double down on a couple couple of B side arms for us. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Oh, another one that I think I had mentioned this offseason Braves minor leaguer Lucas Braun. Yeah, talking about Braun in a system that there weren't a ton of guys to really like. I think my official B side one was di'a Villa, who's been fun and decent this year and again. But Lucas Braun I think continues to be one of those like under the radar, maybe back of the rotation looking starters, but there might be a touch more there, and he's throwing volume and get some strikeouts and limits the walks. He's just another guy that I keep every so often. Every week. That's another couple of decent Lucas Braun starts in there, so he's another one to come back to. Yeah, all right, here's here's one.
Speaker 2: I spend a lot of time this time of year. Just looking at you know, smaller, smaller samples is what's going on the last month, the last six weeks, you see some lines and some small samples. Were like, man, if this would have happened the first month of the season, this guy would have been a huge jump in popularity. So I think that's a big part of my sort of b side process coming into next year.
Speaker 4: All Right, Nate, who is the full season pitching leader in lowest walk percentage this year?
Speaker 2: Full season? I just looked at this, that would be Zebbie Matthews, right.
Speaker 4: Indeed, it is mister call up and guy that I think we both have co signed and said we really really like mister Zebbie Matthews.
Speaker 2: We're on the eve of his debut tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I know, I'm very excited for that. I think that'll be great.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of secretly wishing that he gets rocked.
Speaker 4: And he might. I mean again, like, this is a pretty aggressive set of advancements by the Twins, and he's a command pitcher, but it's like he throws a lot of strikes and in the big leagues that can get punished.
Speaker 2: Yeah, filling the zone up there different than filling the zone down there.
Speaker 4: That's true. I still am a believer. I think he's going to be quite good, so that it would be fun.
Speaker 2: But I'd like to see him get rocked and get cheap.
Speaker 4: Good luck with that. I think a lot of people really like him. Okay, so who's number two?
Speaker 2: I just looked at this because I wanted to see where Sean Sullivan was. I know Sean Sullivan's up there.
Speaker 4: Sean Sullivan is number two. Yeah, And that's that's why I want to bring this up, because I know you had posted was that like a K minus BB leaderboard perhaps in the Dynasty I got and there were a bunch of Rockies in there, and the top number two or something for.
Speaker 2: The top eight full season guys are.
Speaker 4: Rockets Rockies, and Sean Sullivan's up there, and our buddy Chris Kleaig was poo pooing it because Sullivan's bastball isn't good enough for him. What say you to that? Mate? Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, I say, you know, this is this is us and the velocity number is something to be considered and a component, but that an end all be all. You know, Like Clegg's not interested because he doesn't throw hard, which is fine, you know, that's probably part of a process that will work well for some people. But ain't I ain't crossing a guy off my board because his fastballs wasn't he said that it was coming in at eighty eight, eighty nine or something like that. I feel like i've seen him, you know, lower nineties. But who knows. That could be a discrepancy and the measurement, the tools taking the measurement, who knows. But to me, it's more like I asked him, like, well, and I don't know what it is, but I'm like, what's the whift percentage on that pitch? Because I see a lot of whiffs on that and of course, you know hitters are going to get better. Maybe he doesn't have that same sort of success, but I've been I'm on it. I want to. I'll place a bet on him to some extent that you know, he's at least going to ascend well in the miners. And who knows what happens pitching in elevation and then away from elevation, but a guy like him could maybe portend to better success than others. I don't know. I just know it's a real funky different fastball. And we just saw our guy who's got a different and lefty fastball. Bradford do it again in the majors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And for Sullivan, I just think these like really low walk guys get kind of underrated at times, which is sort of weird to say, but like people are like, oh, well, it's not going to work at the higher levels, but it's a hell of a floor to start from when you just like know you're not going to throw balls like that's I don't know. And he gets whiffs more than some of the other guys Like Pearson Ole was my guy who was like this last year, but he never really got whiffs even at the lower levels. He just made it work because he refused to walk. Anybody hasn't been as good this year, but Sullivan still gets whiffs. And it seems to me my like the few times that I've put him on for full stretches, the fastball might not be overpowering, but to your point, it gets whiffs. It looks kind of funny coming in and I think his secondary's play like it plays off of that. It keeps guys off balance even though they know like okay, eighty six is coming or whatever. None of these guys just squaring that up. I mean, I don't know, I quite like him, and he's another one that to me like screams, this is a bye to me, It's like, Okay, yeah, he's a Rocky and there's problems at the big league level with that, But what he's showing is I think good skills there.
Speaker 2: I agree, And you know, I think it says I think it says a lot in a good way that an MLB team, even if it's the Rockies and you want to make whatever joke. And I know that they weren't the only team that valued him in this draft range, but they took a guy who doesn't throw very hard at all in the second round. I think that speaks volumes about what they might think the total package and success could be with him. So I'm in man, I like Sullivan. When I put out that top twenty thing that Sullivan was in it for me. You know, there might be a horrible fantasy bet and I get that, but as just a minor league arm to kind of ride, I'm into that left handed fastball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And he's right there with Quinn Matthews, Zebbie Matthews, tug Bill Wilkinson for best CA minus BB and in full season ball and just ahead of Jase Kaminska and Chase Dolander, both Rockies as well. The Rockies seem like they've got some interesting arms in there, and like the jump from Sullivan to like pass Dolander and Jonah Thong down to like the next set of like guys you know, like called real pitching prospects that have good K minus bb ear down to Austin Peterson, Jade and Hamm Parker Messik at around just under twenty three percent CA minus b B and like, sure, you want to discount this is the minor leagues and all of that, but Sullivan is what is that four percent clear of them? Four four and a half percent clear of that next tier down, Like that's that's a lot. That's a lot of CA minus BB percentage to move. So I don't know Man's He's one that like, I really really like. I've tried to get him on the cheap in a couple of places, but unfortunately the people that had him we didn't line up in trades in a couple of places this offseason or this trade deviline season. But he continues to be one that I'm interested in for the longer run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you. I think he got promoted. Did you get promoted to double A? Did he make a double A start? I think he did, didn't he? Yes?
Speaker 4: I think he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some good eyeballs, good tests, good, a better idea of how it we'll play against more advanced hitters. But yeah, Matt, So you know, talk about trade season. We had some fun this last off season and did some trades, right, We were trading away some consensus top one hundred guys for not consensus top one hundred guys or yeah, four guys that were maybe maybe valued. Maybe some of these guys that were in your trades were still top one hundred, but much less so regarded than who you traded away. And I just got curious and turn that show back on just to see who we were talking about. And our plan was to revisit these a year later and see how we felt about them. So we'll reserve our total final judgment. But you want to, you want to take a look at these real quick.
Speaker 4: Sure, I gotta be honest, I don't remember. Yeah, people we talked about.
Speaker 2: I remember I threw my three trades up here in the discord, and nobody wanted my side of the trades. I remember that. Let's see here, Matt, you traded away young Walter Jenkins. Sure did yep in this hypothetical for Max Clark, but you also said or Emmanuel Rodriguez. Now I know in these ADPs that we did, these Welsher's mock drafts that Jenkins I think went suldly ahead of Emmanuel Rodriguez. Clark might have been there might have been a few where Clark went before Jenkins, but for the most part, Jenkins was before Clark. But how do you feel about that? Right now? Would you still trade walk Jenkins away from one of those two?
Speaker 4: I mean, for Emmanuel or Rodriguez, I would do that a million times over. I just think that, like I do not understand this, Emmanuel Rodriguez is passive and therefore nothing else that he's doing is real. Like to me, that take is so tired. He's passive, and sure he gives up some strikeouts because of that, but he also walks an absolute shit ton because of that, like twenty five percent walk rate currently and double as a twenty one year old. And he's had some injuries this year. He had the hand thing. And I think he's had some other Nichols here and there. Yeah, thumb thumbstrain, and I think he's just now coming back.
Speaker 2: But this is the Twins top prospect problem going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gets hurt all the time. I guess I will admit I did just trade Emmanuel Rodriguez away in my trade deadline in one of my thirties to get Chris Sale from my Points League thirty team or push like, And I didn't really want to do it, but I was like him plus some other stuff to get Chris Sale and hopefully Sales my acetime down the stretch. And I went a championship. And I won't regret this, but I'm telling you I looked at in this format every other team, every other prospect. I would not trade Emmanuel Rodriguez straight up for any of them. Not for James Wood, not for Junior Ki I'm an arrow, certainly, not for Walker Jenkins. Like for me in this format that I had him, he was the perfect prospect. And you know I'm still aggressive with that. I'm going to trade them away for valuable production now, especially at a place of need, as I did. But Amanu or I guess for me, is just a no doubt top three, top one fantasy prospect in leagues like this where the strikeouts are aren't going to matter less, Like he's not going to run a two ninety eight average in the majors, I don't think. I think it's going to be more like two fifty to forty. But if you're in an OBP league, that's going to come with a four hundred OBP. I'm telling me, this kid is so good and he hits this shit out of the ball when he makes contact when he decides to swing. So for me, like this, this was an OBP power focused points league, so I was like, I wouldn't trade him for anybody in in the minors. So yes, I would make that trade one hundred times over day. A little bit less confident about that with Max Clark, who has been solid, but he looks to me more like a well rounded, okay player than a star in the making, which is what I think Em Rodriguez is going to be. Walker Jenkins, on the other hand, like, yeah, he's had some issues, soft tissue ones now, like a bunch of them, hamstring, quad whatever, quite a few issues so far, and people were excited about his a ball stand as a nineteen year old. You know, one P thirty nine WRC plus a bunch of the peripherals look good. Eleven percent strikeout rate, Like normally, this is the kind of guy that I'm into, right, He walks some, doesn't strike out much, hits the ball pretty hard, is reasonably fast. I just look at it and I'm like, I don't get why people are stuffing him so high. Other guys that had this similar profile are like lottery ticket back end, top one hundred type maybe, and people are shoving this guy in top five in some mocks. He got promoted to high A. And yeah, it's just forty five plate appearances so far, but the strikeout rate has ticked up to slightly above average than elite as it was. He's not walking six point seven percent walk rate. He's popping the ball up a bunch t which I had noted earlier in the year was the thing that he was doing. He's like hitting the ball in the air a lot and has zero homers fifty four almost fifty five percent fly balls and fifty five percent pull rate Nate, and he's not leaving the yard zero home runs. His ISO isn't very good. It's one twenty nine, I think right now one twenty eight, and I don't think it's like been looking very good. So I still think people love him, and I think people are still like this is a top five pick, generational type talent from a strong draft class last year, and I don't think i've seen anything that backs set up for me personally. I genuinely think what someone like McGonagall has done has been way more impressive.
Speaker 2: That was gonna be my question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wont McGonagall straight up over over Jenkins personally, and McGonagall just got to hurt too, himmate deal. But I don't know, man, I just I really have not been impressed by the live looks. I haven't been impressed by the numbers. Just I don't get it. And maybe this is just the guy that I never get that happens sometimes. And maybe maybe next year he's going to be totally healthy, he's going to settle in at high and double A and really rake and I'm gonna look stupid on this, but the way things sit right now, I would definitely trade him straight up for Max Clark. And even though Max Clark has been fine, not great, but fine, and boy one hundred times out of one hundred, I'm training him for a many or yes, no question.
Speaker 2: When I went back and was listening, you were to this episode you were talking about you know, I think I remember correctly Jenkins was lauded as an amateur because he hit the ball really hard. That was part of that was part of it. And you were referencing, remember that somebody put up that chart what was it exivelocities and contact rates or whatever from guys at the reps at the end of last year, and you were like, where's the hard hit? What is happening? And I know, I think he was coming off. Was he coming off of a ham at bone to or something like?
Speaker 4: It was a hammate? I think it was like a ham string. Like I think it has mostly been.
Speaker 2: Like getting ham Still, you were like, where's the hard hit? And now it seems to be kind of continuing a little bit. Now it's like where where is this?
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, I mean he's almost two hundred plate appearances into the year again having missed some time, I guess, including his complex rehab. He's two hundred plus plate appearances into the year and has three home runs. It's all been at low levels like, Okay, maybe it's you know, some rehab stuff some whatever, But I don't know, man, I'm just like, I don't think, at least from what I've seen reported, I don't think the exit bulos are great. His contact seems good to maybe very good. Like we'll see how that shakes out, but it's if the power isn't there and it's like above average contact, not elite contact. I just don't know if you're gonna like what you get is sound like he's swiping a lot of bags either.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: This feels like the kind of production that really kills a fantasy team that you're like, you're not getting steals. Maybe the babbit dips a little bit and now you're not getting much return on anything.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: He's just not my guy. So yeah, I know I'm doing this trade again, all right.
Speaker 2: Just I wasn't planning on getting into these two guys here, But because we're here, I'm bummed. I'm a bit disappointed by both of these players because what we're like mid August right now. I was hoping to have a real good, juicy duel and debate going on about these two players. But TJ. Walton has been a rough season. He just can't say on the field. Yeah, but uh, I'm curious what you're thinking of Little Woltz twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not been very good, you know. And as a as a Mariners fan, I'm rooting for him and think that what he showed last year, I think I said like he had done about as well as you can do post debut to just kind of showcase the talent. And I think one of the things that has been interesting about Colt Emerson is other than his kind of inability to stay on the field, like, the power has shown up for him either. So you're a whittle walt thing while he has left the yard and we have video evidence of it. This year, still still just two home runs on the year, and again he's now over two hundred plate appearances on the year as well. Some of this is the a ball. I think he was hitting the ball in the ground a lot. He hasn't been doing that as much in a small sample at Everett, but still the power hasn't showed up just yet. But I do wonder if there's some overlap in the kind of hitter that Emerson is and Jenkins both are good contact hitters and have decent approaches at the plate. But the power, while maybe we've seen some underlying numbers, it's just at some point they've shown some good power for their age, it hasn't showed up yet this year. And I'm a little surprised Emerson hasn't hit the ground running at HIA a little bit more and wonder if this is again for him, some injury rusts or whatever. But yeah, there's some interesting parallels there and Emerson I was more in on last year than Jenkin, and certainly at costs, and I think it's fair to raise some of these questions about Emerson at this point.
Speaker 2: All right, your second trade was you sent Carson Williams for Jet Williams.
Speaker 4: I feel like that one I would I would want back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's I know? You were? You were pretty you were pretty fond of Jet coming into the season, and I haven't paid a ton of attention to him. But what's the story there?
Speaker 4: Well, because he's been hurt. I mean, I feel like this is the issue he had. Oh, I don't even know what this is TFCC de bridement procedure. I don't think I even knew what that freaking was and he was. He was solid in his performance at Double A to start the year. It was just fifty played appearances, one hundred and three WRC plus is a twenty year old in double A. Ten percent strikeout rate, six percent swinging strike out rate for a twenty year old in double as solid like good hit tool, and I think he was trying to do his thing where he like pulled fly balls and made magic happen that way. But he didn't have any home this year before he got hurt and then so kind of a lost season for for Jet, so that one like stopped down for Jet and injury maybe long haul.
Speaker 2: I think it's maybe still little yet to be determined.
Speaker 4: Definitely yet to be determined. And I will say I think.
Speaker 2: Since I had some had some issues too, right, I mean there's still a lot of isn't There still a lot of chase there.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of chase, and there's swing and miss. But he's I think, got a solid chance to go twenty thirty five this year, depending on how the last couple of weeks did the season go for him as a twenty one year old in Double A. And the strikeout rate, while high is at twenty six point eight percent, which considering last year at Hi A, what kind of what we were looking at. He went in a ball and high thirty two percent and thirty one point eight percent at those levels, so I was pretty worried about the strikeouts. And then in its like brief cup of coffee in Triple A, it was up to forty percent. So seeing him post his lowest full season strikeout rate at double A while still showing the power and speed. And again I think we talked about this, but Carson Williams could play a really good shortstop. I'm kind of buying him as a very solid MLB defender at short So I think Carson Williams certainly more than Jet Williams. He showed a lot more this year. And I think I mentioned this earlier in the year when we were just looking at some early season performances. His early season strikeout rate improvements. While they haven't stuck entirely, it's been a lot better and it gives me a lot more confidence in the overall profile. So like for me, Carson Williams, he did a lot and a lot of this is like the early part of the year. I think some of this regressed a little bit, but he's good, Like he is a very very good player and would be firmly in my top twenty prospects.
Speaker 2: Right, and then you made a little catcher swap, you sent Kyle Teal for Dalton Rushing.
Speaker 4: I still forgot about that one. I mean, I think Kyle til He's done actually better than I thought he was going to this year. My issue with him last year is that so much of the performance was like babbit driven, hitting a bunch of line drives and running a high babbit. And he has still run a high babbb. But I'm more inclined to believe that this is a little bit more skill base for him. Like he does hit line drives pretty consistently, he does keep the strikeouts in check. Like he's a solid baptaball hitter and a good athlete, and I think he's going to be a decent catcher, Like I still think for the Red Sox, like they're still very happy with Kyle Teel. I'm kind of buying that overall profile as like an athletic, you know, maybe look at it as like early career JT. Real Muto with a few with fewer steals, you know, what I mean, like athletic guy, really good catcher, but hit lots of line drives with a little bit of power. Like I'm still kind of buying that overall picture of him. But for me, I'm still taking Dalton Rushing in basically every format. I mean, I guess maybe if you really really need like a catcher and you want the speed, like he's going to have more speed. Otel is going to have more speed than Dalton Rushing is. But Dalton Rushing to me, is like an obp mashing catcher.
Speaker 2: Who they're playing left field.
Speaker 4: I heard he was taking some balls in left field, and I think that's interesting, A little skeptical that's going to work. Well, we'll see. I don't know, I haven't ever thought of him as like super athletic watching him run or even play catcher. I think he's a fine catcher. But to me, that says more about their confidence, the Dodger's confidence in his bat, and I'm I'm still I'm still there with the confidence in his bat. You know, he's kept the strikeout rates low in double A and Triple A this year, at twenty point seven percent and twenty two percent, respectively. The walk rates are above eleven percent at both stops, and he's sucked seventeen homers in with with a solid battterball profile. I mean, I just think he's a really, really good hitter, and I think that that's going to carry its way through. So yeah, I still take Dalton Rushing's bat over Kyle Teels.
Speaker 2: Now you had one more, the last one. I actually kicked you off of our hypothetical team because you wanted to make this trade. You sent Brady House for Brian Ramos, who Ramos got a cup of coffee in the bigs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it hasn't looked as good this year, although I think he's starting to round into for him again. I saw he's back and he's hitting in the International League a bit better. He wasn't great in the BIGS, and I think wasn't great even in the miners earlier this year, if I'm remembering right. But I still think I like him better than Brady House. Brady House's approach still bad, still not really hitting a ton of homers. I mean, this has been his best year and he as a twenty one year old in Double A ran a one oh seven WRC plus that's like his and he hit some homers, which was good. Brady House is now at Triple A and scuffling again again, people lotting the power. This is just ninety played appearance, but his max TV has been one oh six, which is like way way below m'lb average. And I don't know. I'm sure that's going to come up as he gets comfortable with the level. But yeah, twenty six point seven percent strikeout rate, three point three percent walk rate. I just don't think his plate approach is very good. He's hit them all on the ground a lot. Don't really see Brady House.
Speaker 2: It's funny how it works. I'm still I'm still Brady House fan and hopeful. And this might have been I think at the time, at least to me, this was the most interesting debate I think of yours. And it's just funny how it works, right and the like, we're half a year later and it's like, h this might just be debating poop and poop.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe for sure, although like I said, I do think that Ramos, you know, while he wasn't very good, prety pretty bad in his major league debut, like so, he got forty eight plate appearances, but his max TV was the same as Brian Ramos is Brady House is in Triple A, and his average EVE was higher and he struck out less. So I mean, like you look at some of the things that you have more control over as a hitter. He was doing those better as a twenty two year old in the show than Brian Rama than Brady House is doing in Triple A. Now, so you know, I don't know, we'll still.
Speaker 2: Team House, but we'll see. No, I don't know, Matt, you tell me here. I sent Drew Jones for Victor Barracoto, who has not had the gatty season that I had hoped for. But oh wait, wait, wait, there was a second piece because that was just such an unfair trade that I also got Joey Estes. So do you like that still? I think I still like that Drew Jones for Barracoto and Estes. I think I'd do it.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's still I think positive value for you, but that's mostly because I think Drew Jones isn't going to make the major leagues, and I also don't think Barracotta is. So you got one somewhat interesting back.
Speaker 2: In somewhat interesting.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, he said some good outings, he said, some poop addings, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right. Uh. My second one I sent who I think was sitting around the top fifty at this juncture, Luis anhil Acuna or Darryl Hernez and man I had a chance to really crush this one, I think, but I picked the wrong B side. Arm I went with Alessandro Ercolani.
Speaker 4: M G, would you feel better?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, definitely, But I'm thinking, like even I think I was thinking about Gary gil Hill so for some style points, and I think he was but I went with Erkulani, who you know, he's very young and whatever. He still has that really interesting slider. But I think this one's still yet to be determined. Renees is back and getting some major league run, but he has not done anything of note yet, but yeah.
Speaker 4: And hasn't been good or healthy either.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so you have to be determined there, I think. And then my last one was centers, right, Yeah, I sent Harry Ford for von Herrera, which I was really liking and looking good when Herrera was getting some run, and then he got hurt and they went with uh pies instead, so he's down in triple A. I think Herrera is hurt again, but I liked his showing. I liked him for the most part. I thought he was kind of doing his thing at the major league level. But I also got.
Speaker 4: Horror is awesome. I like her a lot. Do they think he can't catch it like I don't.
Speaker 2: I haven't watched him preferred defensively. I don't know. I'm just speculating, but I know Pies also was swinging it. He had like a he had some like fourteen game hit street going on or something like. He wasn't nothing at the plate either, So I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like Herrera a lot. I think he's been really good, and he must be bad by some catcher metrics because they just like aren't They weren't even playing him a lot when Wilson Caturs was hurt. I never really got it.
Speaker 2: Uh, but then I also got Caten Dana in that trade.
Speaker 4: Oh right, yeah, yeah, yeah, I think you've done. I think he did well, and I want to especially because Harry Ford forgot how to hit homers in double A. I think he hasn't had one a long time.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, Arkansas, I think that's I think that's a tough, tough place. There's some bats there that I that I didn't like that I do like, you know, and I haven't been watching a bunch of them just kind of box scoring it, but all of their productions have sort of their service level stuff. His depth there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's interesting because Harry Ford was hitting for some fairly significant power early on. It was the thing that I think it was. I think we had sighted and said, they're like, I think he's going to struggle to hit homers in Double A, and he came out of the gates walking a lot, running, hitting some homers and it looked really good. And then I think he's just had a massive power out. So I don't know what's going on there, and some of it might be park and long and I'll be a season and all that, but yeah, I was. I was, I think early in the season when we briefly touched on this, like Harry Ford was somebody that I had been really impressed with that he was getting to the power in Arkansas and and it has just disappeared. So yeah, and Avon Herrera is awesome. I'm a huge fan.
Speaker 2: Of his and it seemed to me doing that ADP mock thing that Ford has has dipped in popularity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's right.
Speaker 2: With those guys, but but yeah, I don't know. Matt. It's good to talk to you again, man.
Speaker 4: You too, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll try to do this again to you. Like like I said, I'm starting to look toward twenty twenty five B side off season stuff too, And what I noticed on my tracker, I think there's like sixty seven college bats from this last draft that are that have hit full season already turning those those guys on a little bit. We've got I don't know. I want to say there's probably about a dozen or fifteen college arms, but they seem to be mostly relievers that have hit full season, no prep arms, because you know, they got that Bridge League now, which is going to be a bummer for us.
Speaker 4: I think, Matt, they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna go there, They're not going to go to a ball And then there has been one one prep bat that made a full season debut, and that was PJ Orlando and he had got one played appearance before he got hurt.
Speaker 4: So that was classic Nate guy hurt can't play.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't know. I mean, it's like I said, it's pop up trade season's kind of over, so I think my B siding is shifting a little bit when I'm trying to watch.
Speaker 4: You caught any of the demolition that Christian Moore has put on the league so far?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I mean shoot six home runs and then knocking on the big league door evidently right with the with the Angels.
Speaker 4: Just a cool three seventy WRC plus in his minor league career so far. I remember gushing about how great Wyatt Langford was after his debut after his draft last year, and Christian Moore is like, hold my beer, Wyatt.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, so that'd be fun to see where you know, where he goes during first year player draft season, And well, man, I just I got to mention real quick how awesome it was to see the Rockies score seven runs in the bottom of the eighth to beat your braves yesterday. That was that was a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: You had to say that twice.
Speaker 2: I still mean, well, I brought it up before we started recording, so I wanted to get it, but I think we'll let Chicago Farmer take us out. Then good to get back and chat. This was episode thirty eight of The Prospect B Sides podcast.
Speaker 4: Hey, and we have some fun stuff coming up. I think, oh yeah, a little bit of.
Speaker 2: That, you know, yes, thank you, thank you. We're gonna have an awesome interview. I don't know when it's gonna happen. I don't know if it's gonna be the next episode, next time we record, but I am super pumped. I don't know how much how much should I tease Matt?
Speaker 4: I don't know what to Yeah, I mean, you couldn't say, like a really big deal college coach is gonna come on like hot name, rising star kind of.
Speaker 2: Well you just say it, Well you just did say it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, So buddy of mine. Then I've I've cited a couple of times on the pod. He got a big new job, big promotion. And I just saw him a couple of weeks ago and was talking to talking to him about coming on the pod, and he said he was down. So I think we're to get it's an inside look into the college landscape. Big program, big big college seasons coming up, and MAT's ready to geek out about some pictures because he's a pitching coach. Unfortunately, I do like pictures, so that's that's my misfortune.
Speaker 2: Too, I'm super pumped for making that happen. It's just a little pipe dream of mine to talk to a big time pitching coach and get into some of that, So I'm super jazz for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll make it happen. It should be a fun conversation. He knows his stuff for sure.
Speaker 2: We'll let Chicago Farmer take us out. Be well. We'll talk to you next time later.
Speaker 4: Now riding too is he?
Speaker 1: You have him down first with the limp bone ass face, and on the very next pitch he up and stole second face.
Speaker 3: With gretest he wasn't born, he had you're the fol