Speaker 1: And nine Ignition six five four.
Speaker 2: Three two one.
Speaker 3: Zero, All engine running.
Speaker 4: It's Tuesday. You know what that means. It's time for Ignition with the aw fan podcast team. This is Kelson and Sunday, May twenty fifth, we have Double or Nothing from Glendale, Arizona. Gig your tickets at aw tis dot com. We're gonna talk about all kinds of aw news tonight, but we're gonna start with double or Nothing because guys help me out here. As far as I know, there's only two matches set officially for double or Nothing, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Owen Cup Finals, right yeah.
Speaker 4: Just on Hard Cup Finals, the only ones. So what what are we doing here? What are we going to get? It's base six anarchy. We're going to get anarchy, Kelson anarchy and the arena or just anarchy in general.
Speaker 1: Well the pun was in general, but I mean, I think you're picking up what I'm putting down. It seems like they're leading to an anarchy and arena five on five match.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, just put all the names on a wheel, spin it, pick the opponents that send them out, and let them go.
Speaker 4: Let's well, Barry, well, let's explore that. You said a five o five. What are the sides?
Speaker 1: I think we're going to see some string alliances if we go back to when was the first time the Ops really made the running on the death Riders and I think the elite was that two weeks ago in Dynamite.
Speaker 4: It was pretty recent. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm thinking the Ops Swerve and then one more person against three of the death Riders and maybe the Bucks if I remember how that was all set up.
Speaker 4: So that's what you think, Like Swerve and the Ops are going to be on one side of the anarchy. The arena, Yeah, oh that'd be I mean, look at a crater anarchy INDI arena is always fun to see live because it's total anarchy, although I have to say it's probably better to watch on TV because there's so much going on all over the place it's hard to keep keep up. Has Have any of you ever seen an anarchy match or something similar.
Speaker 1: Like that Live Love Revolution, That Revolution twenty twenty two, whenever the Punk MGF Dog Collar Match was and Wardlow won the ring, Sting and Darby had a tag match against somebody and it was all over the arena and on that one that was the one where Sting went through the two stacks of tables from the corridor. That was pretty cool. But to your point, Kelson, being there live, I couldn't see half the stuff when they were in the crowd.
Speaker 4: Right they but they probably shout it out the big screen as it was going.
Speaker 1: On, right, not always production issues. No. The other time there was the Bowen I think it was the Continental Classic. The first one where it was the triple threat was Swerve mox and j White. I think that that was the December Pool World's End two years ago. I was at that Dynamite. They brawled right in front of me and they were all over the arena once they got out of the ring, and that was awesome. But him and Swerved went and that was to your point cause and it was great having him right in front of you, but once they got in the crowd and you couldn't see him, it wasn't as fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean, look, we've got job Moxley's the aw world champion and he's fighting Samoa Joe on Dynamite, right, so we don't really have the world champion booked for a match it at double or nothing yet.
Speaker 1: That's why I think they're doing the Ann Key because they're doing the title match two weeks right before the pay per view, and they're not going to do two matches in a row. So my guess is that will lead into either they'll screw Joe out or Joel. They'll screw Joe out of it and they'll challenge the anarchen Arene or something. I think that's how they'll build that, or at least that's what it seems like to me, something that.
Speaker 3: I think it'll be.
Speaker 5: I think it'll be, uh, there'll be a disqualification on They're not there's not gonna I don't think Joe's gonna get screwed. I just think it's gonna be a double disqualification. I think everybody's going to get involved in a brawl.
Speaker 3: And yeah, it would be no contests like the Yeah, pretty much a no contest.
Speaker 5: They'll both be disqualified because the Ops and the Death Riders are all going to get involved.
Speaker 3: And I kind of.
Speaker 5: Agree with you that I think it's gonna be Swerve and luckily, if if Hook's back, they'll have enough guys with the Ops.
Speaker 4: And Swerve all right, yeah Hook, because yeah, so yeah, but that we've got on the other side, Tony Storm. Titless. Tony Storm has no match yet, and I really don't know who they would put her against at double or nothing. Have you got any ideas here?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: She had a chromo on Collision where she was basically challenging the world. Is there anybody that could bring over from Japan maybe or like a hot shot.
Speaker 4: Well, you've got Mina Shirakawa, you know, debut Ring.
Speaker 1: Of Honor, though I don't know if they'll bring her back up.
Speaker 4: Well that was that was a tape that wasn't a live debut, that was taped a while ago. Okay, Mina Shirakawa is actually wrestling this week end for if I'm not mistaken, it's her an asm against Mercedes Monett for the n j p W Strong Women's champion Ship. Yeah. I'm kind of behind on the news because I was a little busy this weekend. So yeah, so Storm, I mean, look a burning Scourge in the chat just said Queen Amnautica challenge and that would be a really good challenge. Another person that I've always said that they should have go against Tony Storm is thunder Rosa. But I don't like to build to this. I don't think that it's the right time to do thunder Rosa against Tony Storm.
Speaker 3: Because enough for anything, honest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean exactly. Yeah. I mean this has been a complaint that I know, Sutton, You've had this complaint about AW for a while. They just they don't build towards the pay per views anywhere near enough time. I mean, we've got two number one contenders matches in the owen Hart Cup and that's it.
Speaker 5: Some far and you got you got a little over nineteen nineteen days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird. It's every other pay per view, I would say, every build, but like every other paper good that builds great and double or nothing's one of their big four. So this is the one I would have expected for them to load up as opposed to the Dynasty. They just said, but the build of Dynasty was better, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 5: I think that they are switching from making double and nothing the big one to making all in the Big one, you know what I mean, because like you said, there's no there's absolutely no build to this none, and you can't build the matches.
Speaker 4: There's no building.
Speaker 1: The finals were always slated for there, but not enough, I think.
Speaker 5: But you've got two matches out of you know, there's going to be ten or eight, so that leaves you six matches. They have no build for so so, and I'll guarantee you they've they've been building more for all In and talking about all In since December, so you know they're like, Okay, we're gonna do this.
Speaker 3: We're gonna all In is gonna be in Texas. It's going to be you.
Speaker 4: Well, the way I'm looking at it is this guys, is that Tomorrow night on Dynamite. I guarantee you we're gonna get at least four matches set up. They're gonna have challenge. You know, the ship is gonna hit the fan. Basically, you're gonna have I want you to look, we've got guys like Kyle Fletcher that don't have a match, Kenny Omega, Keno Takeshta doesn't have a match. You know what I'm saying. You've got all these guys that are.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, yeah, no, hang In Hangman's Finals.
Speaker 2: Yeah I'm a little behind, so I am.
Speaker 4: Hangman Osprey and Mercedes Monett and Jamie Hayter. Those are the two matches, and of course the week of uh double or nothing we will do our uh prediction show and pick the winners for that for those matches, but right now hard to do. But you again, you got Kyle Flettrick, you got Canoskate Takeshta, You've got Kenny Kenny Omega. On the men's side, you know those are three big ones. Of course, you got.
Speaker 1: Kenny's gonna be in the he was the fifth. I couldn't think of He'll be an anarchy in the arena when they did that whole thing two weeks ago, Kenny was the fifth guy. It was Kenny came out the end.
Speaker 4: Okay. So then on the women's side, I mean, you've got other big Tony Storm doesn't have a match, uh, Queen Aminada, Julia hart Uh. I'm thinking because the week before I believe Double or Nothing, the show is in is emanating from Chicago, Illinois my career. That's right right.
Speaker 1: Before Double or Nothing they do with Dynamite and Collision in Albuquerque. Okayro you got Detroit. Then next week is Beach Break. That's the Dynamite Collision tape at the Arena in Chicago. And then the week before Double that one day on Saturday is an Albuquerque.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking next week in Chicago, you're going to see you're gonna see the return of sky Blue, I mean honestly, and then you're gonna see something You're you're gonna see something with sky Blue betraying Julia Hart or teaming with Julia Heart to go against somebody else. I surprise, I wouldn't be surprised to see something going on where it's going to be sky Blue and Julia Hart versus Penelope Port and Megan Bain at double or nothing.
Speaker 5: So I thought I just was having where you were mentioning these tag teams for the women's side.
Speaker 3: Possibility they could reveal.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow or the next week that the women's tag team division could have a tournament at double or nothing.
Speaker 4: That would be good.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know what I mean, because we've known for a while that the rumor is that's coming.
Speaker 3: So what's a better time to do it than when you've got nothing else planned?
Speaker 1: How would you do that? Whuen? Didn't you have have like two semi final matches or two quarter final matches like on Dynamite and Collision and then that No, no, then you'd have to do the.
Speaker 5: To be honest, to be honest with you if I'm gonna do it, and I'm gonna do it big. I'm gonna do it two semis and and I'm gonna have three matches at all in I'm gonna have the two semis committee in the final.
Speaker 4: Let me let me break in here and ask you guys a question. Well, first of all, the burning scores and Chat said, what about Billy Starks and Harley Cameron. Harley Cameron definitely, you know she's she's big right now, she's getting the pops. She needs to be on this pay per view. But look, here's here's the thing that I wanted to bring up. A tournament for women's tag would be great at least to get started here. But wouldn't that take away from the owen Hart Finals doing something like that? And I don't think Tony Kahn would do that.
Speaker 1: I agree. I think if you're gonna create titles like that, make it a big deal and do it at all in, give them, give them that six week you've.
Speaker 4: Got to start. You know what they could do is next week. I believe that's the one in Chicago's next week. Right, announced the tournament this week and next week as sky Blew with Julia Hart open it up.
Speaker 1: Nelson, I think I think he nailed it. They announce it, and then the next couple of builds where they say it doesn't start until after double or nothing is backstage segments with teams.
Speaker 4: For me exactly. I liked when they did the look remember when they did the blind Tag Team Challenge, and that's how Adam Cole and MGF became partners and that became let's base it. Maybe the devil storyline wasn't the greatest and it kind of put some people off, but the partnership itself was extremely good. It was extremely good. Uh, and they I think they made it if I'm wondering if Adam Cole did not get injured. If that, they wouldn't have rushed it and they would have kept it going because better than You Beabe was a hot commodity. The crowd was over it got talked about everywhere, and they sold the hell out of merch. So I mean they need something like that. I mean, I'm not saying that any of the women's tag teams put together would do that, but can you imagine sky Blue coming out to do a match in Chicago where she's from. She always gets a big pop and remember when she was injured, when she was injured and still on crutches. She was injured and still on crutches. She came out all Out last year because All Out was held in Chicago. I remember she got, she got, she took a bump, which I thought was I thought that was insane, having somebody who was legitimately, legitimately injured getting squashed onto the onto the ramp there.
Speaker 1: That was kind of that's a good setup too, Like when they're forming all the teams and you know, Tony Shravanni or Renee or somebody can ask Julia and she just smiles and she's like, I've got somebody in mind, and then she goes off. But everyone wonders, who's your partner? Who's her partner? And that's your mystery, return tells and that works.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, that does you know. I I look, I just want to see them do something that would get talked about, you know, then you get talking points. Speaking of talking points, wow, once again, Wwe released a ton of wrestlers and some of them are some pretty big names. And is there anybody on this on that list that that you see that could be good pickups in a situation for Ray W.
Speaker 1: Sutton or Nut. You guys go first, you go first.
Speaker 6: I really don't know.
Speaker 2: I that's how little I pay attention to WWE, so I don't know. I think AW really needs to fix a couple of things before they add more people to the roster. They already have enough people that we don't see enough, and I think they need to concentrate on what they have and really strengthen that before they start adding more and more people. That's yeah, I feel about it.
Speaker 4: You know, I agree with you. But there are some people on the AW roster that arguably, and I don't know because I'm not a booker, but they're not being used for a reason, possibly because they're just not that good, you know whatever. I mean, let's face it, AW just UH mutually agreed to UH to release the Righteous. Now. I did see reports, but it was very it was very amicable, and the Righteous are open to working matches for a w R o H. So I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see them again. They're just not on the roster anymore. And that's the way you do it.
Speaker 3: UH.
Speaker 4: Look, probably the biggest name out there that got released on the men's side at least is broad Breaker, is a Breaker or Strowman. I forget who was Strom. As soon as I said Breaker, I knew I was wrong.
Speaker 5: I think there's some issues outside of wrestling. Is why he got released.
Speaker 4: Well, he's and he's injured a lot. I mean he's not healthy prime Yeah, injured braun Strowman.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: On the women's side, Dakota Kai.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's what I was thinking, So.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, help, go ahead something.
Speaker 5: If you're gonna bring all the people that were released this time from WWE, the women's side is where they'll pick up people, if they're gonna pick people up, because Dakota Kai would be the best signing.
Speaker 3: But there are some others who.
Speaker 5: They might be, like on the fringe, and I don't know a lot of them because I haven't watched WWE in forever. But the women's side in aew although it's a very strong roster, could use some more, yeah, because the men's have got a ton of people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, here's the thing. Now, I can honestly say that I don't know many other than braun Strowman, who I obviously think is broad Breaker from the same person, But they're not but other than that. But on the women's side, there are women in on that list who did perform in AAW during the AW Dark and Dark Elevation Day days. Here's the thing, a lot of these people that were released or in their upper thirties, even in their forties. Do AW want to bring more old people? You know? I have twice their age and I'm calling them old people, you know, but you understand what I'm saying. Yeah, So here, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 1: A couple a couple of things that I think we've learned from some of the talent that's come from WWE to AW, and I think they're going to keep a bigger eye on this. There are individuals who will never let go of wanting to go back to WWE. And I don't remember who did the interview, but they talked about the trauma of working there, and they didn't mean traumas in like you come away and you're non functioning being, But there's just an emotional way of thinking that they get stuck so they leave. They will not lose anybody or job to anybody who is in a former WWE talent, And I don't know if that's the case for sure, with mal Kai Black, but I know I never took a pin from anybody who didn't work in WWE previously the entire time he was in aw same thing, similar, similar stuff with Ruscev, similar stuff with some other people. If they bring folks in now, they need to bring people in who are willing to invest the time to reinvent themselves and look at it as a fresh run. People like a Ricochet, people like an Adam Copeland who wants to do something different for the last couple of years of his career. That's why when I think of younger talent like Coora Jaide, I would be I would be maybe on the fence about her. I think as somebody who came up through their system, she may never let go of that. Are you're going to get somebody who really wants to compete. She's young, so she's not going to have the sway to refuse to job, but I'd be concerned about that. D Koda Kai is the one that I'd focus on. Go ahead, Kelson, anyone, I.
Speaker 4: Want to address your cor j a thing, because Cordjate is who I wanted to talk about. Cord j Aid is one of the women who did perform in AW. She had two matches in AW, one a singles match against Red Velvet, which he lost, and then a tag team match against Red Velvet and somebody else and they lost that too, and she lost that too. But cord Jade, of course, when she did that, I think she was eighteen years old or nineteen years old. She's very young, right, court j AD's still young. She's twenty four. Now to your point, there's two things I want to bring up, so bear with me. Or to your point, cord j did come out after she was released from WWE and did say that she was body shamed by producers, management, whatever at WWE, which to me is preposterous. That should never happen to any wrestler. By Okay, that's one thing, Okay, I just want to put that out there so that may put a little bit of a d emper on your point that she wants to go back there. Maybe that'd be like I wouldn't go back there or anything similar to what Ricochet said saying that came out last week and said basically, WWE killed my passion for professional wrestling, AW rekindled it. The second point I want to make is this cor Jade, who is now going by your original name of Elena Black. Elena Black made a post on Twitter asking her fans who she would like to who they would like to see her wrestle, you know, book just booker, and immediately, I think was the first response was Julia Hart and at her response was hey at Julia Art. You know, she basically called her out, you know, so there may be something that the works with Corde. Of all the people that I saw on the list, cor j would be number one because as people probably know about me, as far as who I think they should sign. I don't want a w to sign somebody like Basler or any any of these older older guys and older women, because we've got that already. We got her Karasheta on the on the women's side, you know, and ReHO that that they're not using sign somebody. If you're going to sign somebody, sign somebody like kor Jaide that you will use. Don't forget. We still got Rig of Honor over there. That Yeah, if you look at the rig of Honor roster, it's not that deep at a lot of the people that are on the Ring of Honor roster are on the aw roster if they signed somebody's young stars like Kor Jade Uh and some of these other specifically the women that were that were released from a from WWE, and just put them on the Ring of Honor roster and let the build themselves up into the AW. Look, at some point AW needs to treat Ring a boater like NXT. I hate to say it, but they do.
Speaker 1: They need a better TV product there. But there's there's really only four people from the releases that I think you could seriously look at. Braun isn't one of them. He's in his mid mid forties now, his body's falling apart. He's not the brouni Wes five or six years ago. Right, You don't want to invest in that. He's going to ask for a ton of money. He doesn't really work in AW. But on the women's side, you've got corge A, Gigi, Joelan, Dakota Kai, and SHANEA. Basler. To your point, Baseler's in her mid mid four I think she's forty four, mid forties. Unless she's got a short term program with somebody like Ronda Rowsey, I don't see where she really fits in or it's or it's really worth investing. Dakota Kai has a lot of history of many performers in AW. She's in her mid thirties. She could work a style that's safer. She's been banged up a little bit, so take it easy with her. She's somebody you could consider if you've got the right stuff. Gigi Dolan is the one I'm the least familiar with, but she's she's got some good talent and I think you can do some stuff with her. And then we already talked about core J. My only concern with some of them is were they in WWE too long? Where they don't you know, they would always think about going back there. I know people say a lot of stuff online. We had CM Punk cut multiple promos on AW television about how terrible WWE is and look where he is now. So talk to money. Money does a lot like people. People will go back on stuff they said. But there's some options there, and well, dude, I can see some one or one or two coming in sure.
Speaker 5: To Kelson's point, though, I could see them signing every single one of them and putting him in R O H because that gives you a bigger base to work within.
Speaker 3: R O h uh. Even Strowman. I mean, he's he's he's older, he's.
Speaker 1: He's million dollars a year for all of them though Sudden. I mean, that's a lot of money to sign all of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, But in ever gonna get to the point where they're going to earn a TV spot other than r o H TV, they're.
Speaker 3: Gonna have to have a deeper roster. You got to. You gotta have people to do that.
Speaker 5: And although he might get hurt a lot and he might cost a little bit, he's gonna be a.
Speaker 3: Draw for r O H.
Speaker 5: I just think that if they were gonna bring these people in, put him on r H, maybe put a couple of them in AW exclusively, both put the remainder of them in r o H and build that ROH roster up.
Speaker 4: Yeah. You know, one thing that I want to point out here is Corra Jade. You know, I said that she would be a good signing. However, she is a good buddy of Sampunk first of all, and I believe it was not too very long ago where she had said some disparaging things about AW as all Gigi Dolans Barry. You do know that she was married to an aw wrestler. No, who's that Darby Allen. She's Darby Allen's ex wife. Really, yeah, so you're looking at there are intangibles with everything, you know, so you could argue for it against it, Like would Darby Allen want his ex wife that he divorced that were that he or she divorced filed for divorce in twenty twenty, they may have had an amicable breakup. You don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. I don't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you know. And of course Darby Allen may not survive Mount Everest because the idiots climbing the mountain right now.
Speaker 3: Did you see?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he set a world record.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I told you when when he reaches the keyboard. Well, I'm not worried as much worried about Darby Allen climbing Mount Everest is the way he's going to come down, because I made a joke saying he's just going to take a dive right off the cliff there into a bucket of water at the base, because that's just what Darby would do.
Speaker 2: It's going to go through a table, through a table, go.
Speaker 4: Through a glass, and through a puddle of water.
Speaker 5: That's Does anybody know who he's climbing with, because I don't. He's got a somebody from one of the indies with him and they're going to have a match at the top, so the world match.
Speaker 4: I'm not the only thing I've heard about that is that he's going to plant an a W flag at the top of Yeah. I don't think that somebody would be wrestling on top of at the second a bount everest.
Speaker 1: Uh, Like you get a specific time and like if you miss it, you don't that's it. You have to go back like they don't wait for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: He's probably cued up right about now. I m gets so much time to do kickflips.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So all right, let's move on because you know what as a the hurt Syndicate. Okay, let's talk about the hurts of it, because we know that we have uh MGF trying to get into the Hurt Syndicate, and of the three guys in the Hurt Syndicate, he needs three thumbs up and m v P has given him a thumbs up. Benjamin Shelton, as whole Colgan would say, has given him a thumbs up. Have you seen that?
Speaker 1: I can't believe that just.
Speaker 4: Once they had three different interviews that he's done and then and then.
Speaker 1: Chef's kiss.
Speaker 4: What did he say?
Speaker 1: Because I'm not ware he used he did a he quoted or something and he said in the words of Will Smith and it was the him smacking Chris Bock keep your keep your name out of my mouth or out of my mouth or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was Shelton is now. Shelton Benjamin is now my favorite wrestler at a.
Speaker 1: W He has shown I would never cross that.
Speaker 4: Terrifying. He is scary, you know, but he's like he's like powerhouse Hobbs. He looks scary as hell. But there's something about Shelton Begement when you look at it, he looks like a big pussy cat WM.
Speaker 1: He's got a warm face. But man, when that guy furrows his brow and like leans forward like it's.
Speaker 2: He's always laughing. Whenever they're they're talking, you catch his face.
Speaker 1: He's he's got a real warm face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he's It's weird because the whole thing with the Hurt Syndicate is that they hurt people and they're supposed to be very stoic, and Shelton Benjamin just can't hold it together. And it cracks me up. Why I love that. He reminds me of story of a new over in stardom where her whole thing is to be never smiling, and she sucks at it. She's cracking up the entire time, and it's but it works. It works because it makes them more endearing. But look, does anybody here think that m j F is going to join the Hurt? Said Kate in the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 5: The theory I keep seeing going around is that m JF is going to turn, He's going to join the Hurts and to get turned on him and bring back with F t R and all this other stuff. And they're talking about bringing back his original group.
Speaker 3: I think that.
Speaker 4: What was it what was that called? Again?
Speaker 1: I didn't know. I thought it was a legit question.
Speaker 4: It wasn't question. But I wanted to see a sudden struggle. It was.
Speaker 3: That's how important it was. It didn't matter.
Speaker 5: Uh, that's all you see people talking about, Oh, he's going to come back, he's gonna do He's not going to do that. He's going to join the Hurt Syndicate. He's going to run with the get into he gets what he wants, then he's gonna screw him over. It's not gonna happen in the next month or two. It's probably gonna happen next year. But yeah, I see him joining the hurt thing to get I see him. I just haven't figured out who he's going to hurt to get there.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm gonna go to net here with a questions specifically meant for net net all right, so what would you think of this typotheticals? Answer to this? What about at the last minute the hurts that they it brings in Cedric Alexander.
Speaker 2: Mmmmm, I don't think so, you don't. No, I don't. I don't see him with them, No, you don't.
Speaker 3: M No.
Speaker 2: I think MJF is going to wrestle Bobby lastly and that's how he's gonna get in there.
Speaker 4: I thought about that, that that could be a match at double or nothing winning your.
Speaker 2: N Yeah, I think that's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: So let's throw a layer on this because like MJF is a vindictive little guy, right, We've seen him do that. Like the whole Pinnacle thing was revenge on some slight christ Jericho did to him. I don't remember in the promo what he said, but so MJF so far has been embarrassed and he doesn't like to be embarrassed, and when you embarrass him, he plots against you. What if to join the Hurt Syndicate, you know, Bobby said, you got to hurt somebody. What if Mgf's like, I got somebody, And what if the person that comes out is Cedter Glexander and he beats Seder Alexander in front of the Hurt kids, forcing them to give him the thumbs up because he did what Bobby Lashley told him you need to do to join, and that's how he starts his match.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a good thought, give me the buck.
Speaker 1: That's how assuming money was no object, nobody worried about long term booking, That's how i'd hot shot it.
Speaker 3: So what do you do with after that?
Speaker 4: I ahead, hey, look here's what I I like the idea of the winning your in thing, But I think it's not going to be MJF against Bobby Lashley because you still have Shelton Benjamin sitting right there. I think they're going to tell MJF to get a partner and to at double or nothing. Do a win and you're in against Bobby Lashley and Shelton Benjamin. Wouldn't it be great if you somehow, some way stupidly gets somebody that knows the Hurt syndicate better than anybody. Centria Alexander and MJF against Shelton Benjamin and Bobby Lashley at double or nothing.
Speaker 7: So if they win, does wells a title shot?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 1: We pinned it's only fair right right, chow right, bunny right there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Celtic there, it would probably be a non title shot or probably just be a win in your in kind of thing where Shelton Benjamin and Bobby Lashley look at Cedric Alexander and MJF saying, if you can beat us, you're in. They want Cedric to prove himself just as much as MGF. But in the end, Cedric Alexander's already in and he screws over m JF, you know, and that's how.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you a lot of options there. I don't know if Cedric's coming in or not. I mean, it would be fun There's there's plenty of ways to use him if he does.
Speaker 4: But I think I think it would be funny if they do say, get you to MGF, get yourself a partner, And somehow, some way, m JF and Adam Cole come face to face and they kind of look at each other and they were like, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Not backstage, that'd be I think they should absolutely do that. If they If they do that, I think that's a comedy bit you can't pass up. And then they're just like you can see him consider They're like yeah, and then they just.
Speaker 4: Walk off and that JF joins the Paragon.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but somebody, somebody in a double mask kind of ruins it for the all four of them.
Speaker 5: We're taking we're taking the book away, and it's Wendy Richter who does get the belt off them?
Speaker 1: Like I've been trying to think long term, like who who unseats them? It's gotta be it can't be like the only team that isn't like a big jack dudes right now that's believable as FTR because they're arguably the greatest tag team in the world, and I think they're believable is and they may be setting that program up, but other than them, like, who's believable to beat those guys for the straps?
Speaker 4: Right now? The I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't believe the young but in real life, not even in wrestling life, I don't believe the Bucks to beat these guys.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing. The you've got to build. This goes back to what I was saying about Core Jade being to You've got to get at some point, you've got to pass the buck. You've got to go from the old guard to the new guard. You need a young team to be young tag teams to be more viable.
Speaker 2: I know who i'd like to see do it well, please enlighten.
Speaker 6: Us, Mike Bailey.
Speaker 4: There you go. That's a great, great team. I thought you were gonna say Eddie Kingston and somebody else that couldn't wrestle.
Speaker 6: I would like to see Kevin and Mike do it.
Speaker 2: That's that's where I think the money is.
Speaker 1: Kevin's busy for a bit, But I I have enjoyed them as a tag team net and I think I think they should keep those two together. Yeah, they're a lot.
Speaker 4: You know, when we were talking about the attach and arena, that would be the perfect if they do what Barry said, that would be the perfect time for Eddie Kingston to come back again. That you know, and totally muck up the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you can do that.
Speaker 1: At the end, when so say the Death Writers win and it looks all is lost for the you know, for the baby faces. Again, that's Eddie's return because he doesn't even he doesn't even need to be in ring shape. Is like, he's clear to get out there and you know, do a little bun.
Speaker 4: Wait wait a minute, Wait a minute, did you say what did you use the terms Eddie Kingston had ring shape in the same sentence.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know it.
Speaker 6: I knew Kelson is going to have a part.
Speaker 1: That's what That's why.
Speaker 7: I look for that documentary.
Speaker 4: Remember, remember that Eddie Kingston has a love mostly love relationship with John Moxley. What if what if Wheeler you to betrays the Death Writers? Like everybody thinks that he's going to do, but it's Eddie kinks that it takes out Wheeler you to enjoy the Death Writers. I would love that because that I would be.
Speaker 7: Eddie.
Speaker 4: A lot of people, a lot of people I personally don't.
Speaker 5: Yeh, Eddie's going to be back when John Moxley loses the title, and.
Speaker 3: He's going to be the way they bring Moxley. Back to Moxley. That's what Eddie Kingston's role is going to be.
Speaker 5: He's not going to get involved in anything else to do with the Death Riders until Max had because eventually I see the death Writers completely turning on mox where he's on his own, and that's when Eddie steps in to help him.
Speaker 1: Come can manage them without needing to take bumps and stuff, but he can go out and cut promos and be on TV and stuff.
Speaker 3: Management. I think it's just going to be friend kind of thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't mean a formally a manager, right man, Like, yeah, it's his right hand guy. He's the he's the hype guy. He's the hype man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I can see that being the way they run it because in the end it comes full circle for Eddie and MUCKs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that that would be able to be a way to keep Eddie Kingston involved in a W N a W stories until he does get back in rig shape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we gotta have an and stokely zero hour match.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 1: The mic because Snowle's quick, his style is so different than Eddie's, Like they're so both so quick on the mic I'd love to see them for like just five minutes going back and forth on the pre show cutting each other down.
Speaker 4: Oh well, you know, Barry, would you to that question? Though? Who's who's around that could actually challenge the hurt syndicated go you go right back to the Death Riders with Pack being injured. Uh, Claudio CASAGOI and Wheeler Una could be a team that could go after them.
Speaker 1: Or I would even see like, like say Mox gets to thrones. I don't think Wheeler's big enough, but Claudia and Mox would be I legitimate competitor attacks.
Speaker 4: I think. I think that once Mox gets the throne, though, I think that he's going to disappear for a few weeks to reset because it's just too much, you know, the.
Speaker 5: Whole He gave up his vacation last year to go into all this stuff, so you know, Max hasn't been on vacation forever and he Doe, So I kind of think that's what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: I think I know people.
Speaker 1: I know people haven't liked this, and I'm sorry something I know I spoke over you. I apologize. I know people have hated this storyline. It started out it got us all going. It seems like something didn't work out. They had to do a change in direction. Oddly, the last couple of weeks has been the best this whole program has ever been, and we're all sick of it. As bad as all that been. In all the challenges, John Moxley has proven once again he is a company man and he will do what's asked. Tony gave him this, it didn't work and mox has done everything he can to do everything he could to keep this going forward. And like I know, people say mox is in the ace of aw it's Kenny Omega, and I would argue till I'm blue in the face, it is John Moxley. When the going gets tough, they've put the belt on him. He's gotten him through trouble times. He's doing it again and he's going to do the job to somebody. And like you said, he'll disappear and he'll come back and everybody will lose their mind and be so happy mox is back again. Because he's not an original or whatever, but John Moxley is AW.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have nothing but respectful with John Moxley's done. Ray w what he's doing. I mean he I agree with you. He puts himself out there and he absolutely just does what needs to be done. But my god, the storyline is so dead. It is so bad. It is bad. But there is another team that there is another team that's out there that could challenge to hurt Syndicate. There's one more that I could think of the Acclaimed.
Speaker 3: M I don't see the Acclaim getting really.
Speaker 4: I think the Acclaim will get back together. It's gonna take it takes some time because Max Caster is obviously not the same wrestler that he was without Anthony Bowens and Anthony Bowenes. I think it'll get to the point where he's gonna have great matches, but he's just not gonna be able to get there without Max Caster. I think it's gonna come. I think the story is going to be that these guys are great together for great on their own too, but they really need each other. And I think I think Billy Gone will be the catalyst for that. Before Billy God rides off at.
Speaker 1: The Sunset Helson, I hadn't considered that before, and I thought they need to be split and that's it. And then because when I would think the Acclaim getting back together. I would think the acclaimed that we're used to with the cheesy promos and the scissor Me and all that kind of crap. But looking at them and how they're both trying to form very new characters and Bowens will take some time, but I think he'll crack it. How over he'll get, we'll see. But Max cast has some legitimate acting chops, and his chant that is stupid is getting over. As I predicular, I said, it's over.
Speaker 7: It's good, it's yeah, but right, yeah, did you see collision?
Speaker 4: But he did. He was like he's like he almost had like almost disappointedly, just like, oh my god, they're actually doing the change.
Speaker 7: The crowd is.
Speaker 1: Doing it and like legit, He's like, you guys are all out of pace and everybody can hear they're perfect.
Speaker 4: I knew it was going to get over.
Speaker 1: But like it looks like they're going in the He believes in himself and he's starting to get upset that he can't be the wrestler he believes he is. And if you haven't seen that, I hope they put it on TV. I think this is a Will Washington thing if I'm right, And I really hope they keep exploring this. Max has some legitimate acting chops, Bowens will do his thing. Let him run with this for a little while. If they come back as the acclaimed, I don't want them as the scissor me acclaimed. I want them as Max Caster and Anthony Bowen's acclaimed. Whatever these new characters are when they get together, because they're stronger together than alone. I don't want the old characters. I want these new ones with some neat and personality to them that we can sink our team.
Speaker 4: To be clear, I'm not talking about you know, in time for all In or something. I'm talking about it like next, next year or something. Revolution. Yeah, let's just let's do a build. A w has proven that they could do a really good build with characters like this and Mack's Caster for how ridiculously stupid he is, this character it works. Yeah. Well, I look forward to see him get absolutely destroyed every week, and that is let's go back to you're the best wrestler, a live chance.
Speaker 1: I think this week with the timer is this is the new stick until it's going to be five weeks from now, and it may be at double or nothing where he gets this win. So he took Garcia. He didn't make it a mint this week, he'll make it two. The next time it'll be three, the next time it will be four, at double or nothing. Maybe on the pre show he'll get to five and that starts his his streak.
Speaker 4: I felt like they.
Speaker 1: Were going to build it that first big win, and that's in essence, actually going to turn the baby face. Whether they want them to or not, it's going to happen. But I think that clock is the start of that.
Speaker 4: And you know what, you know what, you know what I would like to see Barry is remember the last wrestler today w had that did a five minute minute challenge. I don't that would be so Rita Deeb go find the last five minutes with with the Professor. I would love for it to culminate with Serita deeb kicking the crap out of Max Caster in the middle of the ring, and that will just be like the best ever can can Max Caster go five minutes with the Professor?
Speaker 1: Marinos should come out and choke him out once that's one of the losses. I thought that was a great idea.
Speaker 2: Just choke them with no, just chokes them out right now?
Speaker 5: Well, to the did I win there?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Max? Yeah, I would pay to see the look on Maxcaster's face when he's when Marina Shabier gives a mother's milk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the won, and they have to show them. No Max, look here on the video she chokes you out.
Speaker 4: Show me show me that again.
Speaker 7: And we've written a whole bit like it would work. That's how it would work.
Speaker 5: To go to who's going to beat the Hurt Syndicate?
Speaker 3: I don't think they're in a w now. I don't think the team is together that's going to beat them.
Speaker 2: It's the Golden Lovers.
Speaker 4: Oh, there you go.
Speaker 1: You end up going to wrestle again?
Speaker 4: You are.
Speaker 1: I would pop the lovers.
Speaker 4: Well, look, let's let's move on because shades of I brought up and he has been bringing up this really interesting thing. ANIW has been running smaller venues for non pay per view shows. The only time that they've done a bigger venue really for non pay per view shows is like Grand Slam Australia, of course Grand Slam Mexico, which look these. When they started doing these smaller venue shows at the Esports Stadium in Arlington, Texas last year, I was not real confident about it. But once they got there, they remember they were doing a residency there. They'd had like six shows leading up into All In, including the Rig of Honor pay per view, and I loved those shows and it sold me on the smaller venues. And they've been doing smaller venues ever since the Hammerstein things like that. They're doing the uh the old ECW Arena in Philadelphia, you know what is it August and early September, including the Ring of Honor of pay per view, and that's going to be I'm looking forward to it. But eventually we see, Like when they announced the show with CMLL at Arena Mexico, sixteen thousand, five hundred seat arena, they sold that sucker out quick, you know, So AWS cap there is going to come a time when AW will probably go to bigger arenas, especially since, let's face it, AW has momentum right now and WWE does not.
Speaker 3: Well you got to look at this way, Well, I fix something that ain't broken.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, why change you?
Speaker 3: And yeah, you're right, they're a vaig to be honest with you.
Speaker 5: Didn't this core didn't this like change to the smaller venues kind of coincide with the signing of the new TV deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 4: Really not really because remember all In was in August of last year. They did these smaller venues, started these smaller venues leading up the all In. The TV deal wasn't signed until like okay, I.
Speaker 3: Was thinking it was more like towards the same.
Speaker 5: But to be honest about it, they've made their money from the TV deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't have.
Speaker 5: To worry about selling out large stadiums all the time because they're doing what they're doing and making money from it, so there ain't no reason to change.
Speaker 3: And eventually they may have to, But why worry about it now? I mean you're selling out the stadiums, you've got do it.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of layers to that. I mean, live event touring isn't isn't the business model for for wrestling. WWE can do it and a lot of dates because they're WWE and they're hot, and then they can carry that. Aw doesn't need to because to your points in, the business model now is TV and even with WWE, that's what pays the bills. The live event gates are just sing on the cape for them. And when they were doing the larger stadiums when you get down or the arenas and you've got you know, ten thousand person arena and you get fifteen hundred, two thousand people in there, it sounds cavernous. It sounds bad. I'm glad they're running the smaller places because the crowds typically are more energetic. It's louder because it's smaller, you don't have that echo sound, and it's a smarter fan too, so they play the part a little more. And I want to come back to something I heard Brian al I think it was Brian Alvarez on Rutting Serve Radio or live one of the shows, and he was just talking about how in the heyday VCW, you know, they'd run and they'd have two thousand people or eighteen hundred people there, but those people were insane. It seemed like the hot, hottest promotion in the world, but it was only eighteen hundred people, you know. And it's like the energy is more important right now for them. Eventually it'll get to a point, Sutton, if they get hot and they they are selling out these thirty five hundred places.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I love seeing like the Masonic Temple Detroit. You guys, are in for a treat. It's gorgeous. I went there for a couple couple concerts in high schools, like I like, I love the Hammerstein. I hope they don't stop doing those. But at some point you are going to be leaving money on the table if you get hot, and you're going to have to run some bigger arenas. Maybe it's maybe they only get sixty five hundred or seven ten thousand person arena, but the alternative and you jack up the prices and the smaller ones. And I think AW is trying to focus on being affordable right now. That's how they can get market share because they can't they can't charge, you know, higher prices, so they can't fill it. But make it a deal. You can bring your family for one hundred bucks, family of five, you know, like that's you can't do that in WW you can't even get a ticket. So there's there's opportunities there and I like it. I think it's been a good business move. Kelson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, very My my daughter, my son in law were visiting this this weekend and they actually you're watching collision. They open up their phones and they bought tickets to go see double or nothing. And I asked them, I was like, would you mind telling me how much the tickets were, you know, in total? And they told me, and I can't remember how much it was, but I was looking online today somebody was posting that they bought tickets to Raw or something like that, and and uh, the take to two tickets for Raw came out to like seven hundred dollars somewhere in that area. And it was nowhere near what my, well, my family paid to go see this. Uh, she just posted my daughters in the uh in the chat and she said it was two hundred dollars for both of us combined. And then the park and they said that included the parking, and that's a pay per view. And they're not up in the nosebleeds either. They're like not on the floor, but they're like in the first row near near to well, I think from what they showed me, it's like they're the first row kind of between the ring and the stage. I had.
Speaker 1: I had my buddy fly in from Atlanta to do Worlds in here in Orlando, and I got my season ticket basketball tickets because I got basketball tickets here. But we were on the Herd. I mean, we were on camera the whole time, about three rows up. If you look back, you'll see a guy with a black cool suplex brow T shirt. That's me. I paid one hundred and twenty bucks apiece for those for both me and my buddy, and that included parking, you know. And that's the second pay per view I've had seats like that. No, it was a Dynamite before that, the Dynamite before World's and two years ago, same thing on camera the whole time, same price like it does if you do ringsides, it's ringside seats, but like the rest of the stadium. I think when I was looking at the double or nothing tickets in the upper deck, it's like thirty five dollars for the cost of entry. And you can bring a family to that, you know, or even somebody who's not serious, like I'll go check out wrestling this weekend. Whatever, it's a big show, let's go check it out. It's thirty bucks, a big deal. We had somebody in the forum who they were in town and they were thinking of going, but it didn't work for the budget, you know, And I was just like whatever, I just scored on a ticket because it's cheap enough that you can just do that for people you don't even know, just just to do a favor and pay it forward to some folks because it's affordable, and that's the way they can they can grow their market and then once they get saturated, bring the prices up for now attack making it affordable. Man, that's your opportunity exactly. I agree with you one hundred percent there. Look, this is something you know. We're going to go ahead and move on to pot Marie. I'm going to start because this is my pope, Pirie. You know, you look at WWE and AW.
Speaker 4: The biggest difference is is that WWE has been around for decades and AW has been around for half a decade. So WWE product and its wrestlers are going to have name recognition where AW isn't going to have that instant name recognition. Guess what, that's not always going to be the case. And by making AW affordable and letting people go out there that wouldn't necessarily go see a wrestling show, my daughter, my son in law being an example, they had never watched AW before until Collision, and when they watched Collision, they went out and they bought tickets for Double or Nothing. Funnily enough, right, they were watching the show and they saw the advertisements, you know, around the arena for double or Nothing. Okay, keep in mind, this is the first time that they're watching AW show live. Right. They didn't realize that Double or Nothing was a pay per view. They thought it was like a regular TV show. They bought tickets, right, and then they told me, Hey, guess what, we just bought tickets to this double or Nothing thing. I was like, that's not That's not a TV show. That's a six hour pay per view. I said, I hope you took the next day off because you're going to be exhausted by the type that happens well by the time. But my point is is that as you bring in more new people and word of mouth gets out there, you know, wwe' is no longer going to have that advantage of the name recognition of the product. More people eventually are going to know what AW is. And so, let's face it, I honestly believe that AW is a better wrestling product than WWE. I honestly believe that, not saying that WWE is a bad wrestling product. That is not what I'm saying. I'm saying that it is not as good as AW. And when it comes to a pay per view like double or nothing is compared to WrestleMania forty one. I don't think there's any comparison as far as how much wrestling you're going to see. You see what I'm saying. So there are two different products. There's no Look, if if AW had copied the model for WWE, what would be.
Speaker 1: The point they would have failed? I think if they would fled, why have WWE light when you have WWE exactly?
Speaker 4: Now you have WWE and you have AW. They've establish themselves. They're different that it's been established that they're different. I mean, wrestling is still professional wrestling, don't get me wrong. And it cracks me up with people said, say this is new and we're seeing something we've never seen before. This is new. Pretty much every storyline in professional wrestling has been done before. I would even say even the timeless Tony Storm thing. Gorgeous George probably did the same thing back in the sixties or whenever he was wrestling.
Speaker 1: Every story is done and everything that's just how you tell it. You know, new stories. We just need a new way of telling it. I mean the Tony Storm that was I mean, that was what was the movie all about, Eve about how they told it. You know they they even ripped that off. That's just how they told it. That's all we want.
Speaker 4: It was brilliant. Doesn't diminish it. But that's my pop. Yeah, who else has a pot pourri?
Speaker 3: I got one?
Speaker 4: The one.
Speaker 6: Go nit oh, okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: I notice how they've done two of the winner gets one hundred thousand dollars matches with the men. I was thinking that they need to get a lot of people that are on the lower card, mid card, who you don't see on TV every week and put them in a big, you know, sixteen man match for a million dollars and really hype it up and really give somebody who maybe isn't a million dollar a year paycheck wrestler a chance for exposure and a million dollars in the bank. That's what I would like to see, and that's my big U lad.
Speaker 1: To start a push form like like the next big MiG carder. That's the start of kind of like a like a a more upper card push.
Speaker 4: A million dollars maybe a little bit too much.
Speaker 1: Though, I mean million dollars. Who cares just.
Speaker 4: Something for for like the lower card wrestlers, get them like five lifetime uh pastry something like.
Speaker 6: That, million dollars and really hype it up.
Speaker 2: So people working out and building alliances and you know, getting trained by the the older wrestlers, making a whole thing, and who can get in there and win a million bucks?
Speaker 4: Look at us, Look at us spending Tony CON's money.
Speaker 2: That yeah, look at us.
Speaker 1: That's a way to get people on TV that aren't doing that. That's one of the aw's issues is it's hard to get over if you're not on TV. You know, just figure out, look what happened Harley. They just kept her on TV and get Yeah, that's the way to keep you on TV.
Speaker 4: I would love for them to get rigavaor off of Hotter Club and put the body even if it's YouTube or you know, the CW or something something, you know, true TV, something, just to get them more accessible because people are not going to spend what is it, nineteen ninety nine a month for Otter Club because it's you know, there's a lot of ciccos out there, but there's not that many ciccos out there that would do that. You know, so all right, something, what's your pote prie.
Speaker 5: It kind of goes back to what we were talking about in the first one, how AEW and everything that's been done before.
Speaker 3: I've seen a lot of people.
Speaker 5: Complaining about the I'm trying to remember what it was. There was the the whole thing with Tony and FTR and Nigel. They were saying that a wwe did it like the next week and we're complaining and said that it made a big difference because it was on AW the week before, and it makes a big difference because AAW's doing it and then they're doing it. And I was like, guys, it's all been done before. There's nothing new you're gonna find.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: I don't think even with the Tony storm, if it wasn't a repeat of a story in wrestling all about eves. You know, you guys talked about earlier, how you know they should have the acclaim get back together? How many times did you see DX have a fall out Seawn Michaels in Triple H and then get back together.
Speaker 3: It's all been done before. It's not a big deal.
Speaker 5: That was done a week later happened. But these people and this is a lot of the internet wrestling community are doing this.
Speaker 3: They're all like, Oh, it's such a big deal. Why why does it matter?
Speaker 5: I mean, you're gonna find I don't think there's anything that they're doing right now that hasn't been done.
Speaker 4: Before, right, And we wait, what we're doing here sing is predicting what we think may be part of the script. That's all. We're not geniuses, we're just based.
Speaker 3: But that's you know, I was.
Speaker 5: I was just like, I don't get how these people are making such a big deal because wwe did something that aw did a week later.
Speaker 4: It happens, you're going to read it. It's just.
Speaker 3: Love to see somebody.
Speaker 5: I would love to see somebody do something new, But honestly, what is there new to do?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I've.
Speaker 1: I was an English major in college and take a lot of writing classes, and I do it as a hobby and I've continued to do it creatively. And there's a theory there's really only thirteen stories. I'm not going to repeat all of them. That's it. That through all history, there's thirteen stories, and it's you're you know, you got your guy finds a girl, guy loses the girl's story all sorts of there's only like thirteen Everything we see is just a remix of that. And there's a YouTube video called Everything's a Remix Ever got the name of the director. It's like a thirty minute documentary and it basically just shows how all media, music, even art, it's all remixes of each other. Right, And to your point, Sutton, it's all been done before. We don't really care that it's been done before. What we want to see is to do it in a new way. Like we already know where we're going. We all know the destination. We're totally cool with that. We watch movies every week where we know the good guys are going to win. It doesn't matter. We want to see the journey. The journey and how you take us there is what we tune in for, you know. And to your point Earlierkelson, like, I'm tired of people talking about pro wrestling like it's two sporting teams and there's got to be a winner and a loser. Like if AW isn't your cup of tea cool, that's fine. If WWE is and your cup of tea cool, that's fine. But to your point, Kelson argue that either of these promotions is putting on bad TV. It's silly. You've got some of the best ing ring we're currently in the world happening on aw television. You've got the biggest, most laverished production value in the history of professional wrestling going on in WWE right now, stuff that nobody has seen on television, and two completely different perspectives that have two completely different audiences that have some overlap. And like, it's great. It's there's wrestling on five days on TV this week. It is a great time to be a fan. And I wish fans stopped talking about pro wrestling like at sports and I asked to be a winner or loser or somehow if you pick the right team, like awsing the Dump and it's just like Bro Triple Age isn't gonna sleep with you, man, Like let it go. Just be normal, be a normal person, right, they don't are if you're rooting for him, Like, just just watch wrestling and stop being.
Speaker 4: A dork, you know, and like you to your point, Barry, you know, we we have the a w fan Hub subreddit, and every once in a while you get people to say, why are you criticizing a w when you're an aw fan Hub subreddit. Look, this is the way I explain it. Let's say your favorite baseball team is the Boston Red Sox and they're the best team in the league this year. And I don't know, but let's just hypothetically say that the Boston Red Sox is the best team in the year. And if you're they go out one day and they're playing in New York Yankees and their pitcher can't throw a strike and he lays an egg, why not criticize the performance of that pitcher. And that's what we do at AW fan of Just because we love AW doesn't mean that we're gonna love everything that they do. And sometimes we don't like a whole storyline. Sometimes we just don't like that particular thing that happened that night. Sometimes, but more often and not, we love it. That's why we are AW fans. You understand what I'm saying. So when you come to when you come to aw fan over, if you listen to this podcast, we're not going to be raw raw Raw. AW is the greatest thing in the world, you know, you know, let's go Max, We're the best, You're the best wrestler alive. That's not what we do here, we give our honest opinions about what we liked it we didn't like. Just because we don't like something doesn't mean that we all of a sudden hate AW. You know, it's just like that. We want to hear the right opinions, and the right opinion is what you actually feel.
Speaker 1: We have WWE fan primarily WWE fans that have been on the podcasts before, like on the on our discord, we have very active w W, E, NXT, TNA, New Japan, Joshi and AD Wrestling channels where we talk about like we're pro wrestling fans exactly for AW in the States.
Speaker 4: Like what separates like our discord is that even though we are a professional wrestling discord not a AW discord, everybody gets along. Everybody goes to the different channels. You know, I've been a I go to the w W channels and talk about w W. I keep up with it. I don't watch it with this much, you know. But you know, an interesting story or an interesting development or whatever is still interesting, doesn't matter if it's Josie, Do, Japan, TNA. We've got it all on our discord and exactly, and you know, we don't have tribalism on there. It's everybody gets a lot everywhere. Every once in a while you have somebody come in that's comes in with an agenda and guess what they're gone. It's plain and simple. You know, we're just wrestling pants talking about pro wrestling, whether it's a w w W or classic wrestling. I mean we talk about something happened, you know, before you were born, but that doesn't speaking.
Speaker 1: Of classic wrestling. I don't know if anybody has been following along and YouTube, but WWE has activated the old WCW channel right put all sorts of great stuff there, nitral watch alongs. There are pay per view watch alongs like if you love nineties WCW, like through the the early nWo era and stuff and want to see vintage Eddie Guerrero and like they I think they have some ECW stuff they were showing too. I think it was Steiner Brothers versus Eddie Gurero and somebody I don't remember, but like they're throwing all sorts of stuff from the vault and if you were bored and there's a watch along, go in that chat. It is a blast. It is a blast.
Speaker 5: Watch Yeah, they have an actual Live that runs constantly shows the same stuff in the loop unfortunately, but once it goes through and it starts back again, it'll add new stuff in.
Speaker 3: So yeah, they've got.
Speaker 4: All it'll be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been it's been fun. It's been fun. I enjoy those channels a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's cool, And you know, I was much more, but I don't know about you guys. I was much more of a WCW guy than an WWE guy. But I did watch both of them. But I enjoyed WCW what it was in its heyday, not toward the end. Portiena was painful, so I was older.
Speaker 1: It was it was Luca that I actually fell in love with, because when I watched WCW, I loved I'd love I'd tune into Nitro and they'd start off with the hot Lucha match and then Brave mystereod Ivis matched Eddie Gere on all them like. It wasn't until years later that I realized one of the reasons I didn't enjoy WWE as much anymore is because I fell in love with with wrestling that was Luca, and I didn't even know what Luca was. I just enjoy and so like, yeah, like I loved I'd love nineties mid nineties WCW.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was making fun of my daughter this past weekend when she was here, because when she was a little girl, we watch WCW and she'd be like laying right next to me watching it. And she was very intense watching this. And of course she loved the good guys, you know, and and when there was a cover and the good guy had to kick out at two point nine nine nine seconds, that little kid would kick out with all of her might. And so my daughter was like a little little bean laying next to me on the bed there just kicking out with her favorite wrestlers. I always thought it was cute.
Speaker 1: She was buried in six o five. Saturdays, we tuned TVs and over the receiver Detroit and we'd watch We'd watch Staying and Ric Flair. It was good times.
Speaker 4: Now this past weekend when we were watching wrestling, and I didn't see it, butter but but my son in law did say that when they were sitting there on the couch, I was sitting in the recliner and I couldn't see them. When somebody got covered, she did a kickout again. She kicked out, you know, just all those years later, you know, twenty twenty three years later, and she's still kicking out the good guys were getting I don't know if he was lying or just embellishing a little bit here, but yeah, she helped, she's she's helping all the give that positive. Leturgy Dizzy go for it.
Speaker 5: But I gotta be honest, though, I've seen The Giant versus Hogan.
Speaker 3: Fifteen times in the last month because it's always no, it's on that damn live channel.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of really bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah that, and they've shown I've seen Flair versus Vader, and I've.
Speaker 3: Seen uh a lot of when.
Speaker 5: Stinging and uh, those guys were teaming up and it's just getting to be it's getting to.
Speaker 3: Be a pain.
Speaker 5: So I've stopped watching it for about a week to see if I can catch some new stuff. But yeah, they showed I actually get to watch the beginning of the the n W O the other day.
Speaker 4: Wow, I watch that several times. That's always fascinating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you when Hogan comes out to the ring and just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but look, I mean w c W gave us the Shockmaster for that. We will always be that. Don't forget Norman Smiley is the kiss Demon. I was actually at the show. I was at that show when Norman Smiley debut as a kiss demon. It was awful. It was a Shockmaster, was right, Yeah, yeah, yeah. The poor guy just fell, just fell on his face and the mask came off. And I mean literally he was the Shockmaster, mysterious Shockmaster and the Shockmaster Master to this day cracks me up. This is a Stormtrooper with glitter glitter on it.
Speaker 1: I just I don't know what's funny Shockmaster falling or like sids just trying to sell how angry he is that it's a shocked it's a shockmaster. Is who the opponent is they're calling out.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what. W CW did a lot of good things back then, but they, like you said, Barry, they did a.
Speaker 1: Lot of really bad that's the fun now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean look at all, but look all these years later, we're still talking about WCW and we're still watching w CW under YouTube channel. And that's why I look and I go back and I watch some of those big moments from old time WWF and early WWE. I mean, there was some good stuff.
Speaker 1: Going on the first time, and like there was a lot of great like Stone Cold being hoisted up and sacrificed from the Undertaker on that like crucifix, Like there was some crazy stuff that happened in the late nineties.
Speaker 4: I mean, I go by, you know, you want to see a good crowd reaction, just go watch Goldberg beat Paul Cogan and w in the in the in the Georgia Dome. My god, I thought they were going to bust the roof off of that place.
Speaker 7: After beating Scott Hall earlier in the night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, yeah, earlier in the night. Yeah, yeah, shot. It's weird how they used to do and they still do. I made a post on on the a W fan Hub subreddit, uh I believe it was yesterday saying today is the four year anniversary of Julia Hart debuting on w c W. I've been a w c W a TV she was. She lost to Britt Baker blood and blood and guts. But what I found out from doing the research on that that was her third match of the night. Three. Of course they all lasted about a minute and a half. But still, these these these men and women, and it's not unusual if you go back and look, these these wrestlers are still wrestling two three matches a night. Beast Mortos does it all the time. Yeah, because he taped the cheerleader, right, Julia was the cheerleader back then. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they would tape. They would take a couple of shows at a time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this was back in the day when they were doing the shows a Daily's place because of COVID and so they were they would tape like a bunch of matches and like, for example, that match the Blood and Guts, which took place at Daily's place, and I believe it was the first Blood and Guts uh aired on uh May fifth, but it was taped on April twenty second. Yeah, you know it was you know, whatever they.
Speaker 1: Spliced Sampede is the same thing. They taped it the night before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean they spliced. They spliced these shows together. I don't know about the Blood and Guts being taped on the twenty second, but the point is is that there was no crowd there. It was just the wrestlers in the crowd. So they do whatever they wanted. A lot of these shows were splice that they had to because of COVID. But but look anyway, that's the show. That's agnition for this Tuesday, May sixth, Happy Mayonnaise and to sink yesterday. I hope you had a good day. We will be back tomorrow night right after AW Dynamite for all lead talk right here on our Discord channel. The link will be in the description of this podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Audible, iHeartRadio. Wherever you want to find us, you can find us. So look, yeah, put us, put us, put us on in your car and listen to us on your way to uh, to work, or to commit a crime, rib a bank, whatever you're doing, give us a listen. Yeah, I'm looking. I'm looking forward to Dynamite tomorrow night because I really do think we're going to see some new matches made for aw's Double or Nothing pay per view taking place on May twenty fifth, Problem Glendale, Arizona. Get your tickets at AW ticks dot com. Listen to me, I'm going to I'm trying to get a job with AW. You know I want to be there. Smooth, silky Verry white voice.
Speaker 6: You can do it.
Speaker 4: Kelson, Yeah, yeah, there you go. Yeah. Hopefully Vibe check will be back. Shade's had some problems with his recording equipment. He's ordered new recording equipment, and Vibe Check will hopefully be back in the next week or two. I look forward to it because that podcast is really well done and I enjoy it so anyway, for the aw Fanhoub podcast team, thank you for listening, everybody. Thank you to Barry and Sutton and Net joining us again tonight. We'll see you tomorrow night, right after Dynamite right here. Good night everybody.
Speaker 3: Peace.
Speaker 4: Good night Eddie Kingston.
Speaker 6: We love you, Addie.