Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Psychic Teachers. I'm your host Samantha Fay.
Speaker 2: And I'm Gabwi and we're.
Speaker 1: So excited to introduce to you a brand new guest, and we're going to dive into all sorts of things about being psychic and working as an intuitive and introduce you to a new podcast. So let me tell you about our guest. Hilly b is a psychic medium and host of Opening the Door podcast. In her psychic medium shipwork, she loves to bring through spirit guides and loved ones who have crossed over to deliver meaningful messages. Heilly invites all who are ready to start their spiritual journey with joy and without fear. Through her work on her podcast, she believes that if everyone were more connected to their intuition, the world would be a more vibrant place. I completely agree with that too. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: I am so so honored to be here Psychic Teachers of the podcast was honestly such an integral part in my journey, so to be here chatting with the both of you is such an honor.
Speaker 2: Thanks Filey, and I have to tell you folks who are listening that Haley has had us on her podcast, and I was a real nervous show, it really was, but it was great. Hailey. You're a wonderful interviewer. I learned a lot. It was a great experience. So thank you so much for having us on your show. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had so much fun in each of your separate interviews you've been on at different times, and I just had so much fun talking to both of you and just getting that time and also having other people being able to.
Speaker 3: Hear that as well.
Speaker 4: Samantha on yours, I think we talked about I think I asked you so many like big universe questions like what do you think about?
Speaker 3: Like we did really these like big overarching questions.
Speaker 1: What is the meaning of time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much. I was just like what do you think? And deb for you. I think I just.
Speaker 4: Had such a fun time learning more deeply about your story and how you got to where you are and all that wonderful stuff.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Bailey, So tell us about you, tell us how you got into this world.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I definitely grew up in a house that had a lot of spirit activity. Whether looking back on it, I definitely had no clue kind of what was going on. One of my earliest spirit encounters that I remember. We lived in a rancher or my parents still live there. It's a big, long kind of rancher house, and so all of our bedrooms are just in like a line, you know how ranchers are, So it's a line long hallway, and my parents' bedroom was the first door it was open. I knew nobody was in there, and I walked by. I think I might have been five or six at this time, and out of the corner of my eye, I just saw this like grainy.
Speaker 3: I knew she was a woman, this.
Speaker 4: Kind of grainy figure sitting at the end of their bed, and I remember thinking that's not possible, well, because I know nobody's in there.
Speaker 3: So I backed up. I looked in the door again and there was no one there. And I didn't really think much of it. I just moved on with my day basically.
Speaker 4: But I had a lot of spirit experiences and encounters in that house, and that kind of I think just maybe I was already open to it because I was young and just.
Speaker 3: Part of my personality. Maybe it's part of my birth chart. I don't know. So I experienced all of that and it ebbed and flowed a little bit.
Speaker 4: I had some still interesting experiences in high school in that house. I went to college, and I felt like I was really kind of like psychically turned on in college for I don't know, it just kind of rolled that way.
Speaker 3: I was like the witchy one in the friend group.
Speaker 4: I was interpreting people's dreams for fun and sensing spirit everywhere and all this stuff.
Speaker 3: But it still took me a.
Speaker 4: While to accept that maybe I was a psychic medium, or like I just had this extra ability or whatever you want to call it. So I finally, you know, I'm a few was a few years into the workforce, and I finally thought, I have to figure this out. I have to figure this out because I just had this and maybe this was.
Speaker 3: A psychic moment of some sort.
Speaker 4: But I had this feeling that if I didn't pursue some form of understanding, like my psychic or my medium to my spirit connection, that I would I basically saw myself when I was like forty five and felt so much regret for not doing anything about that.
Speaker 3: So I found podcasts, I found psychic.
Speaker 4: Teachers and started listening and just started reading books and listening and trying stuff out myself, and that's.
Speaker 3: How it happened for me.
Speaker 2: Well, you could name one book that was the primary book that spurred you forward. What was that book?
Speaker 4: I found the book The Gift by Echo Bodine to be really a really helpful one.
Speaker 3: It's just such a great primer.
Speaker 4: I feel like for understanding general understanding of like the Clayre's and maybe how spirit works and.
Speaker 2: All of that.
Speaker 4: I also read early in my journey I read Meet Your Soul by Elisa Romeo.
Speaker 3: Not sure if you're familiar with.
Speaker 4: That one, and that one though I know I'm not sure like if every practice really stuck with me. I think it was just helpful to start understanding how spirit worked. So those were like kind of one of my kind of first two books that really, you know, helps me understand. But honestly, I'm a listener really, so especially like I was just listening to podcasts to and from work, I was like really consuming a lot of content, especially ps I think teachers content, and that's what really I would say, really really helps me start putting the pieces together or like asking asking questions also, which I think is a big part of this work too.
Speaker 1: And also I think listening to podcasts. Obviously the books help, but listening to podcasts reminds you that you're not alone.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: When I started out, we didn't have a podcast, but I would read whenever I could, and then late at night, after the kids went to bed, I'd go upstairs and I would put Haye House Radio on my computers. So long ago it was Yeah, I remember just listening to all the people calling in and the host and thinking, Wow, other people have had those experiences too, and so it normalized a lot of what I thought was weird for me and made me feel more confident and comfortable to actually show up for the in person classes and you know, to try this, but I just think it's scary. It's scary every step of the way. And that's why I think it's good to have resources like this and opening the doors. What was the first time you did a professional reading, because that's really different from being in college, and like, hey, I'll pull some cards for you. Yeah, yeah, great question.
Speaker 4: And I will say, like, kind of what you said about not feeling alone. That's one of the main reasons that I started opening the door was because I had a lot of fear in what I was explaining somehow left out of that hole where how I got to hear is I did have a lot of fear, like I didn't want to go to a psychic because I was afraid they were going to be like, no, you're just crazy, Like you know, you're not psychic, You're just off your rocker, you know. So I had this fear, and one of the reasons I started opening the door was because I wanted people to.
Speaker 3: Not do not feel alone. But yeah, so first professional reading, I will say I practiced for I think about a year and a half to two years before I did any sort of paid reading.
Speaker 4: And so I think that helped me get so comfortable when it came the time somebody was going to actually pay me to do that. I remember I was getting a lot of referrals from friends of friends and stuff, and a lot of it actually almost everything I do, especially because I really started kicking up my development during the pandemic time, so it's a lot of online stuff. A lot of what I do is through zoom. So I was like just zooming with people a few nights a week doing practice readings and stuff.
Speaker 3: And I had started the podcast.
Speaker 4: I was about a year into the podcast, and Anthony actually was a huge kind of catalyst.
Speaker 3: He was like, you have to open your books and start really really doing this.
Speaker 4: And I was like okay, and I lagged on it a little bit, and obviously I had all those imposter syndrome type things, and I finally opened my books people booked. Gosh, I'm having trouble remembering, like, what was my first paid reading.
Speaker 3: I think I was really sweaty.
Speaker 4: I think, if I remember correctly, I went through my pros of what I do to connect in and went for it. But yeah, the biggest thing I remember is being like really sweaty and nervous.
Speaker 2: Hayley, you describe yourself as a psychic medium. Do you differentiate between psychic ability and mediumship?
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely so for me, the psychic stuff is I'm I'm clicking into your energy the person sitting in front of me. I'm taking a peek into your aura, your energy fields and pulling things out of there. Mediumship for me is when I'm connecting with loved ones on the other side to bring you messages. Even guide work, I think is more on the side of mediumship, just because you're really tapping into an energy outside of the person.
Speaker 3: Sitting in front of you. So anything that I'm doing.
Speaker 4: If I'm connecting with a guide or a loved one, or maybe even your higher self on the other side, I think of that as mediumship, and then psychic would be like, maybe somebody is considering a path that they want to take, their seating a fork in the road, and we can look into your energy and see how your energy feels about either of those things. But yeah, psychic stuff is connecting in with that person in front of me.
Speaker 1: Mediumship connecting up.
Speaker 3: And through for the person sitting in front of me.
Speaker 2: I bet that's one of the most frequently they asked questions. We get people just want call that stuff together and it's not in our opinion either. So I'm scurence to hear your perspective.
Speaker 3: And I try to also be really during a reading.
Speaker 4: If I'm connecting with a loved one or a guide and I can tell that I've dropped into something more psychic where I'm just pulling off their energy, I do try to say to them this is me talk coming through psychic or talking to you psychically now instead of through a guide, because I think you can kind of tell a difference when you drop into that type of energy. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate a little bit if you're really in a flow. But I feel like I can tell usually when something is coming being brought to me from their energy or is.
Speaker 3: Coming from a guide or a loved one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 1: I always wonder about that. If I'm connecting with their guide, I'm okay differentiating it's want to connect with their people. On the other side, then I'm like, well, wait a minute. If I'm getting information that you know, she's going to get a promotion by April from her dad, is that psychic or medium shift to me?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: So I feel like it can be conflicting and confusing, but you're right. Typically you can feel the energy shift where it's more hard to heart with psychic and the mediumship is just higher vibration, is I think the best way to describe it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, what do you think is the hardest thing about doing readings on zoom and the easiest thing? Do you think there's a difference, because I've heard from people who are doing full time readings now who still encounter people who believe you can't do an authentic reading online.
Speaker 4: How do you dispel that? I think for me, it's just been the experience of it, even practicing in classes. I think one of the things that really helped I don't know if I want to use a word proof, but helped me understand it was practicing in classes with people across the country from me, and we're able to just sit on the phone or even do it asynchronously and still able to hit on things that really resonated for them. And I think as you get further along in this work, energy just takes on a different meaning, or it takes on like you're able to understand that energy, Like the power of eight is something that fascinates me so much, and I think is a really good example of this. Sending energy to someone across the whole ocean or across the country or something like that, is can be real and tangible and can show different in their energy the person you're sending it to. So I think the experiences that I had, like I remember reading doing a practice reading it in a class and it was asynchronous and I was kind of just like typing over email what I was getting and a very specific like military jacket had come up, and the person emailed me back and was like, yeah, that's a jacket my father owned.
Speaker 3: He's passed now and I lost it for a while and I just found.
Speaker 4: The jacket, and I think those types of things were like, yeah, it does it, just like space and time are not maybe what maybe we experienced them a certain way, but there's a lot more going on there. And I think that's one of the most fascinating things that I would love to keep exploring in this work, because who knows how that works.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's so so much that goes into that. But I understand.
Speaker 4: People's maybe like feeling that way because when you're in the presence of someone, I think we can really easily sense people's vibes of vibration and all of that. I actually did a reading. I think that it must have been in twenty twenty three or twenty four at this point, but I did a zoom reading where she never turned her camera on at all. It was just the microphone and I had my camera on and that was such a great and she I didn't mention it. I didn't ask her to turn her camera on, she didn't mention.
Speaker 3: That her camera was off. It's just how we did the reading. And I found that to.
Speaker 4: Be a really really interesting and helpful experience in like, you're never at that point. I'm never reading a facial expression because the camera's not on.
Speaker 3: There's nothing I can see. She might be rolling her eyes on the other side. I have got no clue. I just have to keep going and really trust spirit. And I think that one went pretty well.
Speaker 1: So yeah, there's something pure about that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That's why my preference still is a phone reading that's in person, because I can't make those preconceived notions. You know, if someone comes in and they have a wedding ring hanging around a chain, I'm going to make subconsciously or consciously I'm going to make an inference about that. I just love the purity of just your voice in my voice, linking in together.
Speaker 2: There was a time when phone reading, well, there was face to face, and then phone readings were all we had. We didn't have this stuff right. And I live in this love hate relationship with technology, the whole thing with me in technology. And when I remind myself that everything is energy, that's all there is, I go, oh, bless this computer with its very own little crystal or its keyboard. When I started teaching on Zoom, I went, oh, my god, how will I ever because I like to look you in the eye if I'm teaching, I want to see your eyes and in zoom. Of course with the big group who we can always do that. But ended up being a gift in so many ways, Like you said, to connect us with people. I had folks who take my classes from your pay in other countries. I mean, it's just great.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what I say. If you're coming to me because you believe I can lift and raise my vibrations to meet with a diseased person on the other side, but you don't believe that I can connect with your energy over zoom.
Speaker 3: Right, that's such a good point.
Speaker 4: That is such a good point, Like where's the point of disbelief? You can believe in this other side? And obviously we all do here and everybody listening probably does too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why not zoom? Why can't Why can't we? Yeah?
Speaker 1: When I started doing readings, I remember sitting in my office and decorated. I was so happy, and I was like, this is the best thing in the entire world. And it is, and it was, But I've learned so much. I didn't want to learn about people doing readings in ways that I could not have learned from just teaching in the classroom or working in an office. And I found that illuminating and difficult as well. And what I mean by that is clients would come to me and they wouldn't really want insight or even direction or help, or they wanted me to tell them what to do. That was really hard for me. Some of them wanted me to go against what I think is just a natural code of ethics and peek into their boyfriend's energy or their girlfriend's energy, or their partners.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I got disheartened at some points, and I'm just wondering if you went through that as well.
Speaker 4: Yes, I definitely struggle with or have struggled and probably will into the future of people.
Speaker 3: Or they really want to.
Speaker 4: Know a specific timeline when will this happen?
Speaker 3: What month? When will this be.
Speaker 4: Worked out in my life? And I find that difficult. I do find love readings a little difficult as well, especially if it's like when will this person love me? And I think my ego or like my personality is like who cares?
Speaker 3: Just who cares?
Speaker 1: That's not always to ask you a question, don't you have the answer right yes, or like you said, I just want to know exactly what to do.
Speaker 4: And what I'm more interested in the way that I like to read for people is presenting you the paths and we can look into if you make this decision, how will that feel? What will the energy look like of that decision? If you make this decision, how will that feel? What will the energy look like. I'm much more interested in helping guide people than just like tell them exactly what to do. And yeah, I think everybody who does this work is probably going to have people who book because they.
Speaker 3: Don't want to go see their therapists or they don't.
Speaker 4: Have one, and they just need to like talk to somebody and maybe get some insights. So like when I have readings like that where the person really wants to harp on some issues and like, go ahead, do that, what I try to do is open my energy enough where what they're saying can kind of be channeled up into from their guides or into this kind of psychic space, and then I kind of start to try to just kind of read on what they're saying, because some people will talk for almost the whole time, you know, and so I try to read on what they're saying and introjectileen, I can Okay, this is what that energy feels like.
Speaker 3: This is what that energy feels like. But yes, I will say I'm really interested.
Speaker 4: In reading for people who like to ask big, big questions or talk about maybe like their purpose or their paths and help guide instead of tell I guess if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a really good description of how a reading should look. Is where it's showing you options and different paths you can take. And those questions are really hard. When is this going to happen? Well, if we're showing you that you have this block that you have to work on, and this challenge that you have to overcome, and this past hurt that you have to release before you can manifest love, I can't tell you that's going to be may second, because I don't know when you're going to work out those blocks to love. And so yeah, those questions can be frustrating, and that's where I think sometimes getting a reading is a teachable moment as well, because we that's our job, our job as the reader, we have to do a lot. We have to hold space, we have to listen to them, but we also have to remind them. How many times have I said, well, you know you're paying me for this hour. We only have twenty minutes left, so let me, you know, kind of interject here and give you what I'm getting. And I always feel bad doing that, because you're right, some of them just need to talk. So it's a it's a whole lot of stuff I think that intuitive readers do behind the scenes that they are rich person isn't aware of. It's like when we were traditional teachers dev and you're trying to teach the subject, but you're also trying to manage all the different energies in the classroom. That's a lot to juggle, and I think it's important that people respect that when they come for a reading.
Speaker 2: And you know, that whole issue of just tell me what to do and what time will this happen? At eleven oh five on May second, right, you get those kind of didactic questions that are not answerable by what we do, and they're not meant to be answered. Universal time is different than human time, and you're right, there are lots of innervening things that can pop up that shift things and energy flow around, and it's very difficult for folks who are so desperate for an answer when the answer is already within them. And boys, sometimes folks don't like hearing that, but rarely real yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean sometimes I don't even like hearing that in these times of like I just I really want a reading.
Speaker 3: I really want a reading.
Speaker 4: And obviously I have many lovely psychics and mediums in my life who I would absolutely pay to do a reading. I've got my reading wish list of people who I can't wait to get a reading from at some point. But in those times, I will say when I feel the most desperate for a reading, almost because I think we've all been in that energy before where you just kind of want to be told and I love a reading, I'll say I love a third party person being able to get into my energy and see it a little bit more objectively.
Speaker 3: I think that is really really.
Speaker 4: Important for any reader out there. So not against readings at all. I think they're great.
Speaker 3: And I love getting them.
Speaker 4: When I'm really desperate for a reading or when I have that energy, I really try to actually not book anything because just this is just me personally.
Speaker 3: I think going into a reading with.
Speaker 4: That kind of like desperate, desperate brit seeking energy can be a little bit of a like a friction for the reader doesn't mean the reading won't work. It's another form of friction maybe. And just as you said, Deb, I know the answer is inside of me.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 3: So it's about kind of just.
Speaker 4: Waiting, taking that breath and seeing if the answer wants to come forward and up on its own. So yeah, there's a balance I think between when do we get these readings and how our energy is feeling and discerning when those best times are.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 2: I did a reading for myself and it has some really bizarre cards in a very bizarre configuration. And then I thought, well, this is going to be an interesting year. Wonder what's up with this? So I journaled it, I did all this stuff I do, and then I called another reader and I said, I want to pay for a reading. I've done a reading, sal and I have some questions. I need to see what your tank on. It is most of the cards that I got in the rating. She got to and she was fascinating. It was absolutely validating for what I got and an exploration of how of what all of that might mean, not just for me, but there was some interesting universal energy information in the reading that wasn't for me personally, and I picked up on that, but I thought, now there's some egostistic stuff, Dad, get out of there. Right. She said it, and I didn't tell her a thing about my reading in advance, So that was wonderful to have another reader offer that validation and help clarify some things.
Speaker 1: So absolutely, I think readings are great for that validation, for holding up a mirror for us. And sometimes you go and you get something completely unexpected, like the woman who just spontaneously gave me a reading and said I needed reiki and I'd never heard of it, and that, you know, changed the trajectory of my path. So you never know what you're going to get in a reading, which I think is a wonderful, wonderful thing. I just think it's good for people who do this work to be able to share amongst each other some of the ups and downs of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, in addition to working full time doing a podcast and doing readings, can you talk to us about how you use your intuition on a daily level, Like what does it look like for you?
Speaker 4: Yes? I am really It's like one of my kind of core beliefs that just because you are like working on your psychic mediumship or energy worker or and anything that kind of involves the spiritual path that we're on. Just because you're working on those things doesn't mean necessarily that you have to like start a business around it.
Speaker 3: If we were all just really nice.
Speaker 4: And plugged into our intuition, I think the whole world would be a pretty different place. So I'm a huge advocate for working on our intuitive abilities and whatever that means, however that progresses, and being able to use that in this whatever you want to call it, real life, three D life, work, nine to five, family relationship, all that stuff. So for me, how that works is obviously I have my nine to five, you know, regular stuff, so it's going to work. And I do have some crystals on my desk that just kind of look like paper weights.
Speaker 3: I have a black.
Speaker 4: Tormaline in my office and I think an angelite will chunk, and I have those, as you know, they kind of just look like paper weights. I'll work with those a little bit, but mostly it's like about using my intuition to make decisions in my daily life that make sense for me.
Speaker 3: So I'm just using this as an example.
Speaker 1: It's not something that has.
Speaker 3: Happened to me lately. But like if you intuitively know that.
Speaker 4: The job that you're working has come to an end, or like you're ready to move on from that, you know, making those types of decision, it might take you a long like months, I will say, sometimes only here our intuition, it takes us a long time to actually act on it.
Speaker 3: And that's a okay.
Speaker 4: You know, there was a job that I was working years ago, but I could feel the end coming in my intuition. I could feel the kind of rumblings, the shifts of that, and it did take me a while to have the courage to be like I'm gonna go now, you know. But using your intuition for those types of decisions, maybe you want to find the love of your life and you're on a date. You shake this person's hand and you immediately know that it's a no. You know. Maybe you sit and you have dinner or a drink or whatever. But those types of things, I think are the crux of how we can use our intuition in our daily life and make decisions. So for me, it's like I walk into the office and maybe the vibes feel like a little off today, it's like, Okay, I know, maybe I'm just gonna be a little quieter and drink my water, have my tea and type in everything I need to be doing, you know, like reading the energy and not peeking too far into what's going on with my office mats and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But just check the vibe.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm leaving work and there's two roots I can take home. I just know I'm going to take this one. I'm going to stay on the highway a little bit longer. Those types of things. I think that's living an intuitive life. And it might not be like flashy and it's not always like the sexiest thing or whatever, but I think that's where no rubber meets the road con action.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just that that feeling of I'm connected to something better, deeper, more meaningful. Just the other day, I went to a grocery store that I normally don't go to. It's just like an intuitive feeling like go to this one. And I was like okay, And I bumped into a friend I hadn't seen in a long time, and she was like, oh my gosh, I really need to talk. She needed some intuitive help. And so that was like oh, okay, I get why I went here. I love that, and I love what we practice being our own psychic, you know, like actually listening to those hits and nudges ourselves. We also get a sense of the lightness and the sense of humor. I think that our team has with us when you were mentioning going on a date. Every time I do a reading for someone, if they ask me, is this the person for me? If I hear you two still haven't found what I'm looking for, that's my sign that no, I don't think this is your person. So it was like right after the pandemic and the world started opening back up again, and a couple of friends set me up unknowingly with this man like we're just like, hey, we're all coming here, and then said, aah, I'm sitting next to oh and also divorced single man.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It was just like come on, people. But he was very, very nice, and we got along and there was nothing to say no to a second date. But I just didn't feel anything. But you know, good on paper, but I felt nothing. And I'm walking back to my car and I'm like, I don't know, I don't you know. My friend's texting me, he wants your number? What do I do? And I'm like, I don't know. I get in my car and I turn heard it on and I never listened to my radio. I'm always listening to stuff on Spotify or what have you. My radio is on and it's playing. Still haven't found what I'm looking for. All thought that is that was better than if I had heard a voice or they were just talking to me. I just love the way all of that works. It's magical and it's mysterious, and it makes me feel not even connected, but just LinkedIn to my real team.
Speaker 2: One of the things that I get sometimes when we're talking about those folks who want those answers and whatnot, I remind them of the scene from the Wizard of Us where what does the witch ride across the sky? Surrender Dorothy right, And that's what we have to do. We have to surrender to the knowing. And I use that in kind of a humorous way when I remind people that if you will just show out and pay attention, you got those answers within you. You do have that connection yourself into your team.
Speaker 4: And Samantha say, yeah, I love using music for like divination purposes like that. Even in high school, I would scroll through my iTunes list of like songs back when you had to pay like ninety nine cents for a song. Okay, I know I'm dating myself a little bit, but I'd scroll up and down and up and down, and I would say, the next song I click on that comes up, it means something.
Speaker 3: A few years ago again, I'm kind of talking about that job where I knew things were on their way out.
Speaker 4: I was driving to event, an event for that work I had been having.
Speaker 3: It was just a mess, a mess, and I was alone in my car.
Speaker 4: I had my Spotify on and I was like, I'm gonna do some musical divination and I was like, guides, just give me a song, like, give me some sign in a song. I just I need to hear from you right now. And this is I just find this so funny. So I clicked the forward button on my steering wheel and the song Growing Pains by Alessia Korra came on. I don't know if you're familiar, but in the beginning of that song, it has a recording of a man saying you're on your own kid, and I was like, you are so rude, but I laughed so hard and it felt like and I know, Samath and you kind of talk about this like your guides will step back sometimes so that you can make your decisions. And that really felt like that kind of time, but in a very funny way that they.
Speaker 3: Wanted to deliver that message for me. Yeah, that's a nice way.
Speaker 1: That's like a funny ha ha. I wish I could help you, but I can't right now. I like that. Yeah, No, my guide you just walks away, like figure it out, bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is not true in my opinion, saman.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry when you're going through those difficult times in your life, does it not feel that way?
Speaker 2: It does feel right me. And you know what I have to remind myself may not be true for you, but I have to say to be it is not my guide who has stepped away?
Speaker 1: Is me says that all the time?
Speaker 3: People I do. I know that one well from deb and sometimes I think about that.
Speaker 4: For me, I'm like, oh, maybe I just need to like chat with them a little more, ask them to be here a little bit more. But yeah, sometimes it does feel like radio silence a little bit. So I see both sides.
Speaker 1: I know I do too, And I'm not picking on you, deb I remember the first time we told me that, and I was so mad at you, and I was mad at you because I knew you were right. And I think sometimes when we do get in those really really stressful oh my gosh, I have a health crisis, oh my gosh, my relationship is falling for oh my gosh, I have to leave my career, those moments, we do want our guide to step in, just like we were saying how we want our clients want us to step in and tell us everything to do. And it's usually in those moments that I'm not making time to meditate. I'm not making time to really do my breathing exercises or my chakra cleansing. So you're right, this is what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: And when I get in that lice, I have a particular crystal that is both my meditation crystal, one of my meditation crystals, and my connection to my guide rock and I think, oh, they have funny Williams. The last time you cleaned that rock and used it, okay, And so it has to be that reminder of go wash the rock, or clean the rock, or spend some time with it and guess what. Who shows up it's like and looks at me and says, well, where are you then?
Speaker 1: Exactly do you have a psychic tool that you rely on, like crystals or toro or.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I definitely love crystals as a support. One of my favorites is laboratory. Right's just kind of one of my overall favorite kind of like psychic crystals. I have a few all over the place. So yeah, I bought lots of crystals that I use. I have a black tormaline ring.
Speaker 3: That I wear.
Speaker 4: I like to wear it to work and before I put it on a whisper and say, please protect my energy from.
Speaker 3: These people in the office. All great people, but you know how it is. Taro was the first.
Speaker 4: Tool that I picked up when I just kind of started my development and and yeah, I know, you're like the Tarot queen.
Speaker 3: It didn't quite resonate for me. So I did some practice readings with my sisters and stuff.
Speaker 4: And then I picked up a random oracle deck from a shop and it's a very open ended deck. It doesn't even have a book or anything, and that has been like one of my favorite oracle decks, especially ones that are a little bit more open ended, feel like such a great jumping off point for spirit connections. And so it's the it's the Inquire Within Oracle deck, okay, and I just find it to be such a fantastic deck.
Speaker 3: I really love it, and.
Speaker 4: It doesn't come with a book, which I've actually kind of loved and beautiful. It's wonderful and that has really been So that's what I use when I do like my mini readings, my guide and higher self connection readings, when I'm in a mediumship or some get reading, like a longer thirty or forty five minute reading. I really enjoy just being my own tool or my own channel.
Speaker 2: And I understand not connecting to teruro. I get that there are many tools, so I don't connect with you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to keep finding your own. So tell us about your podcast and what people can expect to find there and what your hope is as you grow this. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I've been doing Opening the Door for about three years, so it's been such.
Speaker 3: A I really really love it so much. So what the kind of format that.
Speaker 4: You'll see over there is. Sometimes I'll do a solo episode here and there, but I interview other psychics and mediums about their spiritual journey, about their work. And my goal with the podcast is really that it's one a place where you can come and learn about all sorts of types of spirituality or.
Speaker 3: Just the array of what you can explore within.
Speaker 4: Spirituality there from lots of different people, lots of different perspectives, and I really like the crux.
Speaker 3: Of it is that I want it to be a learning podcast.
Speaker 4: I always want you to walk away with like one kind of tool or thing that you can do after you listen. So I love it to be a learning podcast for people. By the time this comes out, I'll probably be on my little Winter Hibernation. But there's like one hundred and sixty one episodes that you can all go through and see what's there for you.
Speaker 3: And then Anthony and I.
Speaker 4: And we've I think I mentioned Anthony earlier and while we were recording, Yeah, started out Andy Lights.
Speaker 1: He's great. If everyone please check out the interview I did with him on Enlightened im Paths. It's one of my favorite interviews, and I think I.
Speaker 3: Love that one too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just got such a beautiful energy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, so him and I started. He was actually my very first interview on Opening the Door.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's how we.
Speaker 4: I just like randomly found him on Instagram and was like, should interview this guy? And we have just been you know, I'm like, he's my spiritual best friend. We live in different states, but we talk all the time. So we started a podcast recently. It's a once a month podcast. It comes out around the full moon, called the Psychic Path Podcast.
Speaker 3: And we just get really chatty over there.
Speaker 4: We talk about topics, we take listener questions, and yeah, it's just so beyond fun.
Speaker 1: I chemistry between you guys as well, it's a really really good connection. I wanted to ask Anthony, but I'll ask you too. What do you guys think about Kim Kardashi and throwing psychics under the rug? Did you guys see this?
Speaker 3: No? I have not seen that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So she, as you know, she's doing the apprenticeship instead of law school, and she's taken the bar and she didn't pass, which is yes, really common. It's super hard to pass the California bar. But she did really she said that her family psychics told her she would pass. Well, oh, come on, we can't blame psychics for everything, you know, I know that's so classic.
Speaker 3: My psychic said, yeah, this would happen. I think this is.
Speaker 4: Actually a really good way to the or free will and how what we're told like really impacts us, right, especially from a psychic. So if you're thinking about doing this work, or you are doing this work, like what you say, people will.
Speaker 3: Listen to you.
Speaker 4: It takes a lot of integrity to do this work because you have to know that. And the other thing I will say is, if you hear you're going to pass, maybe you're going to study less because you're like, well, I'm going to pass.
Speaker 3: I know that's my future. When that psychic maybe or and maybe Kim didn't listen, so I don't know what the psychic said.
Speaker 4: But there's branch after branch after branch of possible outcomes, and if you choose to study less, you're probably stepping into the possible outcome of not passing. But since you heard it from your psychic, you think you're going to pass.
Speaker 1: There's this mytho, so.
Speaker 3: You will and divine destiny or whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 4: And that's really something I've been thinking about a lot in the past year, and that can be really hard.
Speaker 2: I tell that to my students all the time. You must really be careful, and you're exactly right the person who is getting the reading. All those branches are there and there's not ever anything really definitive.
Speaker 1: In many ways, the whole predictive aspect is very, very nuanced, and I do wish that were better understood than it is, because I think that the information we provide in readings is illuminating, is helpful, does offer people options and helps them remember that they have choices, but also people remember what they want to hear as well, and that can get really, really tricky. I remember I had someone come to me and asked if the marriage is going to survive. I always have a hard time answering that question because of the ethics, but I picked up on one of the partners had an addiction issue, and I said, if this can be addressed and healed, I think this marriage will go the long haul. Well that did not happen, and the divorce happened, and the person said to me, you were wrong. We ended up getting divorced, and I was like, was it wrong? Because I said, if this was addressed, then But people just they just hear the outcome of what they want to hear yep, I agree, all right, So Hayley, tell us about your meditation work and wat your offer with that, and then tell folks how they can find you.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, so, I think you're probably referring to maybe my digital download meditations.
Speaker 3: I have two that I recorded.
Speaker 4: I think meditation, if you're listening to this podcast, you won't be surprised, is a really important part. However you want to practice. Meditation is such an important part of being able to hear your intuition. So one of my favorite meditations that I just started doing on my own and then decided to record for people to be able to download is basking in the Universe's energy. I feel this can be a really helpful meditation for anybody who just wants to let go maybe of their own energy for a little bit and bask in the universe's loving energy. Maybe get you into the flow if you're trying to manifest something, or if you're just trying to get on a little bit more aligned. I guess so I usually do this when I just need to like kind of reset my energy or feel more aligned. So that's my basking in the universe's energy. I have a basking worthiness energy as well, just because I think that's a fun thing to do. But yeah, I really think it's an important and fun to tap into that kind of bigger energy.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit like sitting in the power, but a little bit different as well.
Speaker 4: So you're going to use your clairvoyance, your third eye to get yourself into that space fee like a ten to twelve minute meditation and can just be really really helpful for you. As I said, when this interview comes out, I'm going to be on my little kind of hibernation time. I am taking a little bit of an extended break from opening the door because I have a lot to explore. I'm really feeling this call to go deeper within my personal practice and grow my own spiritual work in a way that I'm not sure what's about to happen. So I am taking a little bit of time to step back from that. But I offer higher self mini readings, guide mini readings. I love connecting with people's guides. It's just something that I've found is so fun for me. And guidework was like one of the first things that I started working on, which is just again one of my favorite things.
Speaker 3: So I have those and I do have zoom readings, and.
Speaker 4: I have about one hundred and sixty one episodes for you to scroll through of Opening the Door, which you can find on Apple and Spotify. My website is Opening Thedoor podcast dot com.
Speaker 3: Sign up for my email list. I don't bother you often. You can find me on Instagram, Opening the.
Speaker 4: Door podcast and the Psychicpath podcast, which you can also find on Spotify and Apple.
Speaker 3: I think I covered it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh that's fantastic. Thank you so much for coming on. This has been great. I just I love your energy and talking to you, and I really hope people check out your podcast because you and Anthony and hipops On and all of your guests have so much to say that I think is incredibly helpful so that we can all feel that we have this big, big community of like minded thinkers.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. I appreciate so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Hailey, Thank you guys.
Speaker 4: Everyone.
Speaker 1: Make time to meditate, I think is the lesson from this episode this week. Have a beautiful, happy week, Remember that we are so grateful for you, and as always, be the light for yourself and others. Hey Carrie, everyone, thank you for listening to Psychic Teachers your podcast, for seekers, light workers, mystics, and magical thinkers. If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a review wherever you listen to your podcast. For more information, check out our Facebook page Psychic Teachers, or our websites Samantha Fay dot com and deb Bowen dot com. Thanks for listening and have a great week.