Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen in this corner from the University of Colorado, thirty years in Lorraine, fighting for truth, justice and.
Speaker 2: The American Way. Dan Chaplas, Welcome back to the second Holary Dan Kaplo Show. I'm Christy Burton Brown in for Dan today. Thanks for joining us. You can call in anytime during the show eight five to five four zero five eight two five five. You can also text your thoughts five seven, seven three nine to Dan. We are going through some media hits that happened in twenty twenty four that are pretty bad for the main three media and Democrats, and so we're already on number five. We've been going through ten of them, so we have a few more to cover. If you missed the first one, you can go back and listen in the last hour. Some fun stuff like actually believing that Republicans were faking Biden's clips when he was very mentally incompetent during the campaign. That was actually an accusation that went around if you've forgotten since the election. And then of course the heights that the media created around Beyonce supposedly performing at a Kamala rally. And I've gotta say, actually I'll stop right there. During the campaign, my family was actually in California for a little bit of time. We were at a child evangelism conference. Actually really great event, really great organization. But my son was sick one of the nights, so he and I went back up to the hotel room to watch some TV so that he could chill out and rest a little bit, and so we turned on a baseball game for a while. But as we were flipping through the channels, we came upon a Kamala rally, and being the I guess, very political mom that I am, I was like, hey, let's keep this on for a few minutes, and so we did, and the entire rally was a reproductive rights rally. It was all about abortion. That's literally all her and her speakers and people were talking about. And for all the accusations that conservatives are one issue voters and all we care about the stopping abortion, which I'm happy to admit that is my number one issue, I've never hidden that at all. In fact, I met Dan working when I was working on a pro life campaign. It's actually the first time he had me on his show. When I was about twenty years old. Way back then, was on the pro life issue. So I love the issue absolutely, but you know, it's always the liberals that claim the Republicans are the one issue voters on that issue, and their presidential candidate is having this big rally all about abortion, and obviously it didn't work out so well for her. But I was very disappointed that, you know, I want to show my son politics and expose him a little bit to the other side, and here's what they're talking about, and that's what her entire rally is about, is abortion, abortion, abortion. Very disappointing. I'm happy the American public did not go for that this year. Let's get Let's get to number five on these clips.
Speaker 3: Number five, Tim Wats is the best. Jd Vance is the worst.
Speaker 2: Midwestern dad like super clean cut five everybody likes.
Speaker 4: Right, so claim spoken and relatable, pretty moderate Democrat, very moderate ragger, new moderates, right down the middle.
Speaker 2: He's not just an old white man walts be.
Speaker 3: It's America, you know, a Hawks like a regular person.
Speaker 4: Is the opposite of weird populist approach to fear on the.
Speaker 5: Republican side and the happy populism that Jim Walls is on the ticket on the democratic side.
Speaker 6: Happy warriors, happy warriors.
Speaker 7: He was certainly the happy warrior that night, happy warrior, folksy backstory, maken sense of humor, look at happy the pig looks good.
Speaker 8: And JD Vance is weird, extreme and angry.
Speaker 7: Utter humorlessness.
Speaker 8: Try to believe that jd Vance could be any more extreme.
Speaker 7: It's like a freak show of bros.
Speaker 2: Dark and ugly beneath the dignity of most politicians JV Vance.
Speaker 9: J D is at the far extreme, the most extreming, one of the.
Speaker 7: Most extreme, angry and mean and dark.
Speaker 9: This guy is really weird, y'all.
Speaker 2: Number four, Okay, that's probably my favorite on the whole list, just because it has proved so insanely wrong. When anyone watched the vice presidential debate, I mean hello, that became the most obvious example of the real differences in JD Vance and Tim Walls, And no, Tim Walls was not the normal guy of the two, and that became very badly obvious. Also, you know, I think it just shows how often the media likes to tell people what to think instead of I mean, hey, let us watch Tim Walls and let us watch jadid Vance, and we'll come to our own opinions, and in fact, pulling close to the election showed that of all four people running for president and vice president, so Donald Trump, Kamala Harris, Tim Walls, JD. Vance, the person who gained the most throughout the campaign in approval ratings was JD.
Speaker 3: Vance.
Speaker 2: The more America saw of him, the more they liked actually, and that was proven through polling, through showing what people off the street, random people of all demographics thoughts, he gained the most, and the more people saw him, the more they actually liked him. So they didn't need the media coming in and being I mean, I mean, I'm sorry, but stop for a second if you have to say, this guy is not weird, Tim Wall, So, like, what does that tell you? You know that everyone else is thinking when they see him, Oh, this guy's weird, But let's tell you he's not. I mean, if someone isn't weird, you'll be able to watch them and see them and come to that conclusion yourself. Once again, we see that the media prefers to think that people cannot think for themselves and must be told what to think. But Americans are known for our independence and our free thinking, and that we can come to our own conclusions. So I just love that the media, which loves to blast old white men as some terrible thing, had to point out Tim Walls is not just an old white guy, like that's the ticket the Democrats that chose to pick an old white man. And I zero objection to old white men getting elected to office and running. I mean, I think it's great. It's part of America. They're Americans too, they have every right. But who actually picked the person with a true American dreams story of the Republicans? Jade Vance, first millennial in the White House now that he's elected, married to the daughter of immigrants, came from Appalachia, one of the poorest areas of the country, the son of drug addicts, who went on to make something of himself and create one of the best American dream stories out there. But could we point that out as the meanstream media? No, of course not. Let's just talk about the Tim Wolves isn't actually goofy, even though you can see it for your own self. Let's go to number four.
Speaker 3: Number four, very very bad things will happen if Trump wins.
Speaker 10: Think about what happens if all of our access to healthcare goes away?
Speaker 9: Next Tuesday. The stakes literally.
Speaker 7: Are life and death for every woman in America. It's not hyperbole, it's not an exaggeration.
Speaker 4: Prop will fulfill his promise to be a dictator on day one.
Speaker 2: That's up a network of.
Speaker 5: Camps, extraordinarily erratic foreign policy.
Speaker 6: In the Middle East being profound and possibly permanent damage to American democracy.
Speaker 8: If historians in the future are allowed to write books, and by the way, that question is open this morning, and if people are allowed to go on television and say what they think in the future, which again that question is open this morning. That's what happens when strong men come to power. That happened in Italy in the nineteen twenties and nineteen thirties, Germany and the nineteen thirties, suspend the constitution, fit the Justice Department, the Defense Department against political enemies, and run this country out of the White House.
Speaker 3: Number three.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, that's some conspiracy theories for you. If you ever hear that only the right is conspiracy theorist, replay that clip for yourself. I mean anything from setting up camps, to banning historians and writing books, to the election being a life or death matter for women. I am a woman, I have children. I actually was pregnant when I took the bar exam for after law school with my first daughter. Like I believe in women being empowered to pursue their dreams, but I do not believe that also choosing to be a mother and embracing life within you doesn't hurt your dreams at all. A completely fault narrative. I really dislike it. And I think that Democrat narrative and Kambla. Harris's narrative is what actually makes women feel like they're weak and they can't do things because you're told you have to choose between being an empowered woman and giving life to your children. And it's not an either or a choice. You could absolutely do both. So that's just one thing I don't like about what they said. But the historians can't write books ripping up the constitution. Trump has never even hinted at doing any of these things, and yet the mainstream media took it upon themselves to say, we're going to make sure he doesn't get elected by scaring Americans into a particular choice. And you know what, maybe that worked during COVID when people were actually scared and in their homes and weren't actually conversing with other people and having real discussions. But that's not the world we live in anymore, thank god. And people were out there having conversations, researching for themselves and thinking that they didn't want to repeat the last four years. And thankfully, whatever you think of Donald Trump, the American system is strong enough to prevent a dictator from taking hold and under our system of balanced government with three different branches, that is actually not a risk we have in America because the system and the people would stop someone from taking power like that. Very confidentive of that, and we're going to see that proved out in the next four years. You're on the Dan Kapli Show. I'm Kristy Burton Brown. You can call in over the break eight five five four zero five eight two five five or text your thoughts to five seven seven three nine. Start it with Dan. We have three more hits to go when you come back. You're back on the Dan Cakpla Show. I'm Christy Burton Brown. We've been covering some of the worst media clips from twenty twenty four, a good list of ten of them. We have three left. I'm gonna try and cover them. All in this last or not this last segment. We still have lots of segments left. But what I want to do in our last segments today is talk about what Trump's going to do in his first few hours in office. He's actually made promises about the first few hours and then the first one hundred days that every president tends to set out an agenda four. And I'm going to tell you some things I think he should make sure and do in those first one hundred days, and I hope you'll share your thoughts about what he should do. But I'm gonna go over to my text line. And one of the clips we played was about how you know, the media wanted to talk since Elon Musk took over Twitter, how it was filled with misinformation and conservatives are just lying to everyone, and this texter says, I find it amazing that Elon Musk was the messiah with the left when he came up with Tesla, because of course, you know, electric vehicles, They liked all that. But now he's a pariah because he doesn't agree with some leftist people's ideas. Tells a lot there, and I agree very much. It's often not based on what you actually do but whether or not they agree with you, that that's how they base what they say about you. And the media often which is not reporting the news. As I've said a little bit earlier, if you have a talk show, I mean radio is talk shows. So clearly we're all about saying our opinions here. But I would say we freely disclosed that we're talking about our opinions, not solely reporting the news and letting you decide. We'd tell you what we think. If you don't like it, you don't have to listen. That's sort of how talk radio is, and how a lot of talk shows are. When we're talking about the nightly news that people to go to get information. It shouldn't be based on what you agree with and don't agree with. It should be based on the facts, and sadly that's not where we are. We'll see more of this in the last three clips. Let's hit number three.
Speaker 3: Number three, Joe Biden would never pardon his son because he is such a great guy.
Speaker 10: Presidential promise to put the law before a family.
Speaker 7: The president has ruled out pardoning his son.
Speaker 6: Pledging not to pardon his son.
Speaker 4: Just sit there and say, well, I'm not going to intervene in the legal process, and I wouldn't pardon my son. Democrats and Joe Biden protecting the justice system. A current president of the United States has so much respect for the law that he has said he would not pardon his son.
Speaker 6: And Joe Biden has very clearly said he would not pardon his son, he would not commune his sentence. How can Republicans keep making this argument now that now that Joe Biden has really put it out there, he.
Speaker 7: Is not doing it because he is living what it means to have a rule of law in this country. And then it is I mean, if you want to know if he believes it, you could actually see what is happening with his own son.
Speaker 10: Even President Biden saying in a statement that he would respect the outcome of this case.
Speaker 5: This was a good day for the system, good day for sort of of sort of America. As an example of how the rule of law should work.
Speaker 4: We're coming on the air at this hour with breaking news. President Biden has just pardoned his son Hunter number two.
Speaker 2: Well, there we go, and that's what happens when you don't just report the news. He says he's not going to pardon his son. Instead you give like this long, I don't know, wonderful explanation of because he's such a great guy and because he believes in the rule of law, you don't know why he's saying what he's saying or if he's going to actually stick to it, which he clearly didn't. So maybe you should just report the news and then it's all on him if he then changes his mind and gets it wrong. I'll say as a side note, a good friend of mine and I had a conversation recently after the Hunter Biden pardon and just talked about whether or not we thought presidents should actually have the pardon ability. Governors have it too, But you see Joe Biden in his last few days, I think he gave them clemency rather than fully pardoning them, because you can't actually just release someone who has the death sentence, I don't think, but he gave them clemency and so he pulled off the death sentence for I think thirty seven different people. So my head that I had an interesting discussion of whether or not you think a president should have that ability because or a governor for that matter, because is it just people with access to the president and the governor who can get these pardons, and a lot of other people equally or more deserving have no access and therefore can't get them. Very interesting conversation you could think about it. I think they should have pardoning ability. I think it's one of the branches of government and unique ability that the executive branch has. I do think people can get access and appeal. But there's a bussle pole opinions on that, so think what you want about it. It's an interesting question. At the very least. Let's go to number two.
Speaker 3: Number two, Media gets caught editing interviews to help Kamala Harris.
Speaker 9: When we talk about bringing down prices and making life more affordable for people, what are two specific things you have in mind for that.
Speaker 10: Well, I'll start with this. I grew up a middle class kid. My mother raised my sister and me. She worked very hard. She was able to finally save up enough money to buy our first house when I was a teenager. I grew up in a community of hard working people, you know, construction workers and nurses and teachers. And I try to explain to some people who may not have had the same experience. You know, but a lot of people will relate to this. You know, I grew up in a neighborhood of folks who are very proud of their lawn.
Speaker 9: You know, when we talk about bringing down prices and making life more affordable for people, one or two specific things you have in mind for that.
Speaker 10: So when I talk about building an opportunity economy, it is very much with the mind of investing in the ambitions and aspirations and the incredible work ethic of the American people.
Speaker 7: But it seems that Primar and Ya who is not listening.
Speaker 10: Well, Bill, the work that we have done has resulted in a number of movements in that region by Israel that were very much prompted by or a result of many things, including our advocacy for what needs to happen in the region.
Speaker 7: But it seems that Prime Minister Netanya who is not listening.
Speaker 10: We're not going to stop pursuing what is necessary for the United States to be clear about where we stand on the need for this war to end.
Speaker 3: Number one.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, it's a bunch of word solid And as voters decided, Kamala Harris wouldn't represent us well in the international stage, in large part because when she's asked to answer a question with ideas, she gives stories. Stories are not ideas. Stories are not answers. They might be interesting in her case, they're not even that. But saying that you grew up with people who are very proud of their laws isn't an answer for her going to make homes affordable for people of the United States. So yeah, media love to cover for her, love to make good clips. When you actually listen to the full answer, you see that she doesn't have one. All right, let's go to the number one.
Speaker 3: Number one, there's no cognitive decline. In fact, Biden has never been better.
Speaker 8: Start your tape right now, because I'm about to tell you the truth.
Speaker 9: This version of Biden is the best Biden.
Speaker 2: Ever he knows so long as he was.
Speaker 1: In fact, I think he's better than he's ever been.
Speaker 5: He is sharp, intensely probing, and detail oriented and focused.
Speaker 3: President Biden has a photographic memory.
Speaker 9: But he's totally focused.
Speaker 1: He's very sharp.
Speaker 9: They say he's sharpened meetings and so on.
Speaker 3: Very lucid.
Speaker 7: Will very well done for him.
Speaker 2: He's older, that doesn't mean that he is unfit.
Speaker 4: He can clear a dementia bar and that's probably a win.
Speaker 8: More wild speculation from a bunch of people who.
Speaker 2: Have probably never been in a room with Joe Biden and certainly don't have medical degrees that I'm aware of.
Speaker 4: But a huge part of the Mulla report talks about Russian disinformation tactics, and one of the themes this election cycle is that Joe Biden is too old to lead, and so everyone is seizing upon this and it is a classic disinformation tactic.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that was number one. It circles back to number ten that we listened to, and he started this whole saga of the media clips the terrible odds of twenty twenty four. But they made a huge effort, the mainstream media and Democrats, to push the idea that there was absolutely no cognitive decline. He was sharp, he was focused, and again, like we talked about with Tim Walls and Jade Vance, all you had to do is watch the debates for yourself, watch the press conferences for yourself, and no matter what the media told you how sharp he was, you could see that that was a man in mental decline. And of course I feel bad for someone like that. He's spent his life at least attempting to serve the country. But there is a time when you need to pack up the bags and go and not lie to the American people and say that he's just as sharp and focused as ever when people saw that wasn't true. So I think after all these ten clips, what we really see is that Americans came to the conclusion at the end of twenty twenty four that they weren't going to buy what the media was selling anymore, that they were going to think for themselves. And that is a great conclusion that we can take into next year. I'm Christy Burton Brown. You're on the Dan Kapla Show. When we come back, we're going to talk about Trump's first few hours in office coming in less than a month, and you can call in eight five five four zero five eight two five five or text your ideas that President Trump should take to five seven seven three nine and start it with Dan. You're back on the Dan Kapla Show. I'm Christy Burton Brown. Thanks for joining us tonight. You can call in a five five four zero five eight two five five or text your thoughts to Dan at five seven seven three nine. All Right, I'm gonna get to Trump's first few days in office. Kind of nice to end out the year, close out the year anyway with seeing what we have looked forward to and zag that we're actually going to change things in America again. After the election, sometimes it feels like a really long time before the next press and it is sworn in, at least in my opinion, and this time has seemed particularly long to me. But we know that on January twentieth, things will turn over. We'll have a big change. I think at the international level, I think Marco Rubio as the choice of Secretary of State is going to be really great for our standing on the international stage. Combined that with Trump's very strong presence and his ability to negotiate and make demands of other nations that Joe Biden and Kamal Harris were just in no position to do whatsoever. And I think we have a lot to look forward to over the next four years. But breaking it down a little smaller than that, I was looking at a NPR article that talked about specifically what Trump says he'll do in the first one hundred days. And I'm sure you're familiar that most presidents make certain agendas for the first one hundred days. What I think Trump has done a little bit uniquely this time. Is even said what he's going to do in the first few hours. Now we'll see how possible this actually is. I like the concept of saying that he's going to get this done in the first few hours. Obviously somethings take a little longer. But if he's that laser focused on it, I think it has a much greater chance of actually getting done. So, according to this article which they're taking it from, the Trump team's words themselves and Donald Trump himself on day one, and he specifically says within a few hours he is going to close the border with Mexico and launch the largest deportation operation in American history. Now, he's certainly talked about this over and over and over. He's picked I think Tom Homan is the name of his Borders Are. It's definitely going to be far more effective than Kamala Harris as a borders are. I think that's guaranteed. But you know, there's a lot of moving pieces when you talk about closing the border and having a deportation operation, A whole lot of moving piece is fifty different states, some of course far more affected by illegal immigration than others. But you have states of Colorado which claim to be sanctuary states. I mean Mike john said, the mayor of Denver, claiming, you know, he's gonna have people out there standing to block the federal operation. I think he's walked that back a little bit seeing the blowback that he got. You actually do want some level have to cooperate with federal agents and them enforcing actual federal law on immigration. But I think this is great to have a president whose laser focused on closing the border. That I think is one of the biggest pieces, because you know, you can there are some people who should be deported, specifically starting with drug dealers, criminals, people like that who should not be here. But we really need to do is stop the problem from continuing. So I haven't seen a plan from Trump as far as exactly how he's going to close the border within a few hours. I think he's more communicating the idea that he's going to be that focused on it. It's certainly not something that's going to be accomplished within his first few hours, but the focus is good. The other thing the article says that he's going to do in the first one hundred days is gut climate subsidies and resume energy exploration, specifically talking about giving tax breaks to oil, gas, and coal producers. He said we would return to the drill baby drill era and quote cut energy prices in half within one year. Good goal to have focus on closing our border, getting criminals and drug dealers out of our nation, and then on the flip side, making life more affordable by actually encouraging American energy production. I mean, even Barack Obama saw the benefits of encouraging American energy production and drilling. A lot of that actually increased under Barack Obama because new technologies were developed, and it increased America's standing on the international stage. We weren't so relying on other countries for oil production. We need to get back to even more of that, and I think expand it, like we talked a little bit earlier in the show, into American independence when it comes to rare earth minerals and mining and producing those, creating our own chips for electric cars and phones, and also pharmaceuticals. I think that needs to be a huge focus. Is producing our own antibiotics, our own medicines. Here in the United States, we often talk about energy production We often talk about manufacturing, but we really, really really need to talk about producing our own medicine here in the United States, in my opinion, so I hope that's something that President Trump also focuses on with America. First produce it here in our own country mindset. If you have thoughts about the things he should focus on in the first few hours or first one hundred days, you should text them to five seven seven three nine, start it with Dan or call in we can discuss it eight five five four zero five eight two five five. Now, one thing that President Trump's allies are saying that he should do in the first one hundred days and sooner rather than later, is to reimpose the Schedule F executive order. And if you're like me, you're like, what is a Schedule F executive order? But it actually relates to his ability to getting things done. What a Schedule F executive order would do is reclassify huge portions of federal staff federal employees as at will employees. That's a very important distinction classification, so that honestly, you can get rid of a lot of them and replace them with his own people. I'd say this was the biggest barrier in Trump's first term for actually accomplishing things. He accomplished a lot, but he could have accomplished a lot more if he had been used to the system and how swampy it is and how bad it is, and knowing that people who have been in place in federal agencies for decades and who don't change when the presidents change over, they can do a whole lot that the president isn't aware of. They can block a lot of things the president wants to happen. There's only so much power you have by yourself as president and your key high up staff. You need to be able to put people in place in all these different agencies, all these departments, and get rid of people who are lifelong bureaucrats, who aren't willing to institute changes, who aren't willing to close down departments to cut regulations. And there's a whole lot that needs to be changed at the federal level. When it comes to the Chevron doctrine that was in place for decades. I was actually able to write an amacust brief Friend of the Court brief in the overturn of the Chevron doctrine for Advanced Colorado who I worked for we submitted an amicus brief, and thankfully the Supreme Court last year or actually this year it's still twenty twenty four, overturned the Chevron doctrine, which basically said agencies don't get to make laws, and they were allowed to do that for so long. Congress could give them all this authority just with a little stroke of the pen, not giving them any specifications, and so unelected bureaucrats were creating all these regulations that chiefly hurt businesses. It was kind of like a yo yo going back and forth with different administrations. The regulations would be imposed, pulled back, imposed, pulled back, just depending on which president was in charge and which bureaucrats were overseeing the process. And so a lot of agency created laws and regulations that really devastated a lot of family owned businesses, small and big corporations across the United States. Well, the Chevron doctrine is gone now, but we need President Trump to actually peel back those regulations and put the right people and not only in the cabinet pause positions, but in the deputy positions and in the management positions in these federal agencies and departments to roll back those regulations. Otherwise, what's going to happen is it's going to take court case after court case after court case with companies and individuals suing to peel back the regulations. That can work, but it's also going to take decades. And so what you really need is you need people in management positions in these agencies who are going to peel back themselves without being forced by a court to do it. I think that's one of the best ways we return freedom and the free market to companies and people and communities across the United States is proactively get rid of these regulations that are crushing free markets and crippling businesses. So that'd be something that I think he should do. So I agree with the people who say he should reinstitute this Schedule F executive order to classify federal employees at least a whole chunk of them as at will employees, because then it makes it far more possible for him to put the right people in these positions to peel back the the insane level of regulations that Congress allowed the executive agencies and federal employees to impose on people. Now, the next thing I'll talk about, we're about to have to take a break, but I do want to talk about what the ACLU has done about all of this. They've looked at some of President Trump's goals for his first few hours and first hundred days in office, and they have written their own fifteen or fourteen or fifteen page memo outlining how they're going to sue him, and how he's wrong and how he can't do all these things. So, you know, I always find the ACLU to be fairly interesting in their oh, in their takes as a constitutional attorney myself, they are also constitutional attorneys, but they have a very different I sometimes I think they're looking at a very different document if you evaluate what the ACLU did, I'll say the one thing I've done where I did agree with ACLU was on the free speech on campus the bill in Colorado that was past I think back in twenty seventeen. I help them negotiate that bill for Senator Tim Neville, and the ACLU was actually actually grewed with thought that there should be free speech on campus in Colorado's university. So occasionally they happen to be on the right side. But this memo that they have I'm looking at it now and it is fourteen pages long. They of course accused Trump of surveillance, that he's going to crack down on protests and free speech through an abuse of executive power. But then they outline what the overall response should be and specifically say that the ACLU will resist a second Trump administration efforts to abuse executive power with litigation and legislative and policy advocacy at both the states and federal levels. I mean, I don't know about you, but that's not shocking to me at all. It's what they're always doing. Throughout their entire history. The ACLU has taken things to court and sued anyone they disagree with for their own interpretation of the Constitution. They love to do threat letters. I don't think it's gonna be very effective on President Trump. But what they love to do is go after small city councils, school boards, issue threat letters basically tell them they can't pray and do all these other things that often scare unelected but volunteer government officials from doing whatever the ACLU says because they have a big, fancy name. But that's not going to work with President Trump, and thankfully, he's going to continue to get a lot of opportunities to appoint more federal judges, which I think will impose the real view of the American Constitution in the judiciary and stunt the ability of the ACL you to really affect every change they want to make. But I'll tell you about a couple more of their specific threats that they're throwing back at President Trump. When we get back from this break, you can call in if you want. Eight five five four zero five eight two five five. I'm Christy Burton Brown. You're on the Dan Kaplish. You're back on the Dan Kaplish Show for our last segment tonight. I'm Christy Burton Brown, and for Dan, thanks for giving us some time and joining us today. I hope you will have a great end to your year. I know that I'm gonna have a good end to mine. On New Year's Eve, I'm gonna get to see the Coloridle Avalanche play. I haven't been to one of their games in years, actually, so I am super excited. My husband got some tickets and invited me, so I'll take that. It'll be a great and and if they win, I don't know, I actually have not This is terrible to admit, but I haven't followed how well they're doing this year. The last time I really paid attention was when they won the Stanley Cup. Because my family actually drove into Colorado when I was a kid in nineteen ninety six. We moved to Highland's Ranch on the night the Avalanche won the Stanley Cup. That was like the night we drove into Denver. So I definitely love seeing them win the Stanley Cup, but I've not heard they're in the running for that this year. Maybe some you know listener who's more up on the Avalanche than I am could let me know. I'm sort of like a fairweather sports fan, like I like them when they're good. When they're not, I don't pay a lot of attention. All that said, I'm very excited that I get to end my year that way, So I hope you have something fun to end your year with. Regardless of that, we have good things to look forward to. With Trump taking office in a little over three weeks, we were talking about some of his goals, and I'm very thankful that one of his top goals is, according to him, in the first few hours, he's going to try to the border and begin his deportation operation. Personally for me, I hope he is focused on deporting the criminals, the drug dealers who've infiltrated our country. Those are the people who need to go back where they came from, and it's my understanding that is what he's focused on, so I hope that stays the goal. We certainly are still a country of immigrants. I think that's important to point out and to remember when there's a lot of talk about illegal immigration, is that immigration itself is still a valuable thing. In the United States of America. Pretty much all of us here had ancestors that immigrated from somewhere. America is indeed the melting pot of the nations, and that's part of what makes our country amazing is we pull in different talent, different people from across the world who all want to come here and build an American dream. But it should be done legally. And one of the biggest reasons I believe that is if you study at all or spend time with people who have been in refugee camps around the world, there are so many people from refugee camps who should be getting asylum in the United States, who actually deserve to be here because they are fleeing war torn nations, terrible areas across the world, and yet it takes years and years and years for them to get here legally, while people who have better access to our borders just pour across the border and in many cases don't at all have as much of a need as people do in these refugee camps. So that's one of the pieces of the system I'd love to see reformed, is getting more actual refugees, people who deserve asylum in the United States, getting them here even though they're not just sitting on our border. I think that's one of the biggest errors we've made, is letting people with close proximity to the United States pour across our border. And I understand that they want to experience the American dream, but so do people who aren't close in proximity to the United States, and so we need to find a way, and I think the Trump administration will find a way to stop so much easy access pouring over our borders because you're close, and then denying access to people who are true refugees and true asylum seekers. That's a big piece of the system I'd love to see reformed. I think is just going to have to be contended with when Trump takes office and the new Congress is sworn in, And I for one, am very happy that my friend Gabe Evans is going to be sworn in for Colorado in Congressional District eight, splitting the congressional delegation in Colorado four to four, four Republicans four Democrats. I grew up with him. We met each other when we were eleven and twelve years old. Our moms were best friends. So it's super exciting for me to see that he's going to be sworn in to the next Congress. But they're gonna have to contend with the budget. And I do not understand why Trump wants there to be no ceiling on the debt. I think that's a very bad, bad mistake, bad message from Republicans if that's how we start out saying, well, we can increase the debt however much we want to accomplish our priorities. That is one thing the American people, and specifically conservatives, have insisted on for a long time that we've got to fix our debt and stop spending beyond our means. And so I hope that gets worked out the right way. And that we actually have a conservative view on economics, not just the Trump view on economics, but the conservative view. We need to return to that and stop spending so much money that we don't actually have. That is something Trump actually hasn't promised to solve that in the right way, but I'd love to see him do that in his first one hundred days. Reach a deal with the Republicans and the Senate. In the House, we have to remember that we control all three as of January twentieth, and we need to take advantage of that and not squander what we have with the abilities that gives us to solve budgetary issues, like let's stop with all the continuing resolutions and actually pass a real budget for the first time in a very very long time, and stop stop spending like crazy just because we're the ones in charge. That's something if I could pick, I'd certainly say that the Trump administration needs to get done. Obviously, he needs to get all his nominees confirmed. I like RFK Junior, which isn't necessarily the most popular opinion among Republicans, but only because Trump's also picked a pro life person to head the CDC and FDA, and that's essential in my opinion. Christy Burton, you've been here on the Dan Kappelo Show. Thanks so much for joining. I hope you have a great end to your year and I'll be back a little bit with you after the start of twenty twenty five. Enjoy your night,