Speaker 1: Welcome back News Radio eight forty w h as the Tony in Dwight Chill brought you by the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. Please buckle up, put the phone down, and don't speed. I drove to Charleston and I had to drive through Ashville and all that where the floods happened, and there were giant sections of the highway where you had about this much space. I felt like I was in Tibet because it's all mountains and hills and the road just drops off, and I'm like, well, keep it between the lines.
Speaker 2: At this point. It's a little crazy those poor people that deal with that.
Speaker 3: It's ashvield during the day and at night it's as field.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, I teased, where did the term? At least this is some people believe the word hangover, as in you drank too much and you feel like crap the next day. Yes, in late Victorian this is study time right now. In late Victoria, in London, poverty was so severe that even sleep came at a price for homeless people. Oh wow, a full penny coffin was offered to the homeless. It was a wooden box. Uh huh, where you can lay in it and sleep it off. They had a two penny hangover option, okay, where they would sit you in a bench and then they there'd be five or six people on the bench and then they would tie a rope under your arms and you would lean over. You would lean over the rope and you would pass out and then you would wake up. They were hanging over the rope, so they was hanging over the rope. Some people believe that's where the word hangover come from.
Speaker 2: What would they say, why didn't the coffin ever take off?
Speaker 1: Well, it was four pennies.
Speaker 2: Oh so people just said, yeah, yeah, four pennies.
Speaker 1: That's a bit munchy, that's a bit much. A lot more people were doing the hangover part. So you slumped over the rope and the rope held you up. So that's the term something you learn every day. That might be true or not. I don't know.
Speaker 3: See that's the kind of crap that would have interested me in eighth grade, Miss Butler, if you're listening, right, so all.
Speaker 2: The stupid you know, well.
Speaker 3: And science, Hey it's been a volcano, and put baking soda and make it go off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I put sugar in mine.
Speaker 1: And well, they easily could have pinpointed you in fifth or sixth grade. Mister Whitten, you'll be enjoying these hango. Listen, here's how the turn came from. I see addiction and alcoholism in your future, sir.
Speaker 3: Well, the nation of Saudi Arabia is reportingly preparing to do something it hasn't done in the country for seventy three years.
Speaker 1: Let women drive or except gay and lesbian and peter.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, not that far yet. Sorry.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty six, the Saudi government will start the process of permitting the sale of limited consumption alcohol.
Speaker 1: Whoa.
Speaker 3: It's all under the umbrella of a tightly regulated license license system that all builds up to major events, including the twenty thirty four FIFA World Cup.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well there, Yeah, well that's a money maker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but still, I mean well, I always thought, let's go flashback to nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: And I always thought, wait a minute, you mean our servicemen and women are over there saving Kuwait yeah, and then battling Iraq. Yeah, and they can't have any magazines that have any girls in it, and they couldn't drink, right, I went, man, that sucks.
Speaker 2: It seems unfair. Seems credibly unfair.
Speaker 1: Should we let the guys that are saving our lives drinker beer? I think it's probably yes. But if it's their religious religion, right.
Speaker 2: Well, but.
Speaker 3: It's Saudi Arabia really the best place to realize that you can't handle your liquor. You know, you wake up and you're I don't know, you tie you have one too many tequilas. Next thing you know, you're you is missing what happened? You touched the secret world last night?
Speaker 2: What? Oh?
Speaker 1: No, you gotta watch yourself, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I watch yourself. I'm not sure I would want a drink in by the way, you reason's.
Speaker 1: Twenty thirty four?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 1: Isn't it? Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Twenty thirty four?
Speaker 2: Thirty four is the FEEFA World Cup.
Speaker 3: But they're already they're trying to walk it up slowly and do different events, like certain major events leading up to it, to test the waters to see how it goes.
Speaker 1: Is there anybody that's optimistic that the world would be better in twenty thirty four.
Speaker 2: And ninety absolutely?
Speaker 1: Is there anyone that you can find that said, yes, the world will be better in twenty thirty four. No, I think we are the one thing we can all agree in as people is that.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No, in almost a decade it will be worse.
Speaker 2: And I'll give you three words. Why why technology?
Speaker 3: Seriously though, and by the way, with the more technology go ahead.
Speaker 1: The FIFA World Cup, the FIFA people.
Speaker 2: That's one of my favorite is the FIFA.
Speaker 1: They're allegedly one of the most corrupt organizations on the planet. Well it's so you buy a World Cup, you don't earn a World Cup, you buy it.
Speaker 2: Well, at least boxing is legit. You know this is soccer, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course I didn't know. If you don't connect to the dots there.
Speaker 2: I know FIFA, I know FOFO.
Speaker 3: But seriously, it is being in Saudi Arabia the place where you need to find out you can't handle your liquor.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's that is not where you want to be.
Speaker 3: Plus, there's certain people out there that do stupid stuff. Yeah, I know one of them, two of them. We'll getting back to technology though. The more technology investments we have, it seems like the more difficult and the more division, the worse the world gets. Like, for example, I'm weaning myself off my phone, which sounds incredibly stupid to begin with.
Speaker 4: But here social media, yeah, most well, no, not just social news stories mostly well I've done pretty good at social media, thank you, doctor Street Russell.
Speaker 3: But here's another thing, man, My text, my emails all I mean, it's going off constantly. It's I silent during the show, but the thing bings and bongs and dings all.
Speaker 2: Damn day long, all day long.
Speaker 3: So what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna put it on silent, and I'm gonna check my text and calls. I'm gonna make appointments with myself maybe four times.
Speaker 2: A day right now.
Speaker 1: And by the way, being in bong of their technical industry, yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 3: Mean to speak above the listeners heads, but I went tom I t I think most people Michael's Institute for Technology.
Speaker 1: I think for most of our lives, we always thought, well, this will come back around, we'll reset, we'll reset. We've gone through some bad times, will for will reset and we'll we'll figure things out. That's what I think has changed is that people are like, no, no, we have we have set some sort of standard to where people are miserable and I don't know, so That's what just jumped out me when I saw twenty thirty four, and I thought, my first thought was, what's the world order going to look like in twenty thirty four? Because you're gonna have to deal with Taiwan and China and what's gonna happen with Russia? When crazy Putin leaves? Will there be a crazier person in charge of that? I mean, who's gonna be president of the United States? And I thought, man, I'm nine years from now, could be Is it gonna be worse? Of course it's gonna be worse because you AI is gonna mess a lot of things up.
Speaker 3: Well, you can't unscramble eggs and the technology is already out there and they're not gonna walk it back.
Speaker 1: Thank you people, your nny You can't unscramble eggs get back to work.
Speaker 3: Well, how about this? You can't put the toothpas back in the tube?
Speaker 2: Is that better? Yeah? Right, No, that's you know what we're on the subject.
Speaker 3: It's stupid sayings like that, what's the deal with this Senator Kennedy Like he's always got to say like he can never say, you know, I don't like this bill because it's gonna increase taxes and it might hurt dead whatever he's got to say. You know, I'm matter in the rain, non rooster, and you can't take a cab out to the pony show and expected donkey come out with a zoops off.
Speaker 1: It's not Kennedy, you're thinking of somebody else.
Speaker 2: No, it's Kennedy. Is he a Kennedy, Yeah, he's a Kennedy. You mean the old guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now, I mean I used to take two roosters out in the morning until I figure it out. That's not the time you take her two roosters out when you don't figure it out.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: If she thinks that she's gonna put a whole better hey up that donkeys, but she better talk to.
Speaker 2: The just can you say that.
Speaker 1: That's a real famous term, by the way, like just do like just one time.
Speaker 3: If you can't just say something, you know, every time he's gonna have some kind that's just like I like the guy, but but it's not said.
Speaker 1: Well, people start to tune out. He's like, oh, here we go, what's the analogy?
Speaker 2: Like it was cute the first time.
Speaker 1: Well, if you last oh of the moon twice and By the way, none of those congressional hearings come with anything. So they pull the CEOs. It's such a joke. They pull the CEOs of the airline and then the next day it's the CEOs of I don't know whatever industry and banking right, and a credit cards. I remember the credit cards and they said, how much are you making? Here? Here?
Speaker 2: Here? None of it.
Speaker 1: So they it doesn't matter what comes out of it, if there's no law broken. They're just like, no, the law is set. They can rip people off because people volunteered or get rippled or ripped off, but none of those really do anything. And I love it when they do sports too. When remember they pulled the baseball players in when it came to steroids, and actually some good came out of that. They started testing for steroids run baseball.
Speaker 2: It was a lot more boring.
Speaker 3: But if you ask me, what was so bad about Sosa and Maguire and Coseko baseball to a new.
Speaker 2: I'm serious though, I'm serious. Well, people argue that.
Speaker 1: Can we have a league where there's no dirt testing and we'll see what who likes what?
Speaker 3: Listen with this baseball, there's no sense of getting your nickers in or not or getting to burn your saddle. Now you're pitching a hissy fit, and he's about he's about to be a I don't.
Speaker 1: Know hissy fits. You don't want to see that. You don't want to see a hissy fit.
Speaker 3: Now listen, you're blowering a snake belly in the ragon rut when you say stuff like that Major League's baseball?
Speaker 1: Is there an eighties cliquer than our poop? That's which is notoriously used as lubricant.
Speaker 3: Now listen when you when you run steroids and baseball, you're making me mad at than raining down rooster. And he's a snake in the grass when he says anything about that? What an egg sucking dog is? A senator? We were just asking you if you're ready to start the Uh.
Speaker 1: Where does where do the term egg sucking came from?
Speaker 2: That is not a maybe snakes?
Speaker 1: Oh snakes, I hate snakes.
Speaker 3: Some people would hate snakes. You want to think about that? There there's wordless as gum on a boot heel heel heel you know?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yes, so Saudi Arabia will lift alcohol band before the World Cup. I don't know how we got to gum on a butt heel, I chase the squirrel. I'm sorry, but ala al poop is lubricant.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're number one United States is effing awesome.
Speaker 1: Fat people smokers?
Speaker 3: No, well, yes, I mean yeah, we're always number one in that. I mean, come on, we're always number one in fat people be smoking too. But no, no, this study was on uh cussing global oh swear? Yeah, I really, it was a study of database.
Speaker 1: Italy is not on that list. Russians are not on that list. I mean they weren't number one.
Speaker 3: Come on, if you keep stepping on me trying to do this story, you're gonna make me matter in the boot healing. Uh listen, So the study was done. Here's what it went over at database. That's babe.
Speaker 1: The British. Come on, the British are cussing all the time. I can't understand used the C words so much it doesn't even mean anything anymore.
Speaker 2: I can't understand him though. That doesn't shouldn't have said.
Speaker 1: Not a British person.
Speaker 2: Rick.
Speaker 1: Ye doing a terrible Oh.
Speaker 2: It's that's why I don't watch like a Star Wars cancel. What's that one show over in Ireland?
Speaker 1: It's real big well, thanks for narrowing it.
Speaker 2: I can't thank you.
Speaker 3: It's a Netflix show anyway. I didn't watch it because you can't understand anything. Oh, Peaky Blinders, Yeah, Peaky Blinders. I want to watch Peaky put it on. I put the subtitles. Yeah, I got you know what, I gotta do subtitles because I can't hear anything anymore.
Speaker 2: It's one of the best series ever watched. It's awesome. God bless Susan. Every like we're watching the.
Speaker 1: Wire in so many ways.
Speaker 2: What he's gotta pause it? He said.
Speaker 3: The sergeant didn't sign the affidavit. Initial hit play.
Speaker 2: What you just gotta pause? It tastes all our wives. No, it takes like Rick is laughing because it's his wife too. It's they can't hear anything.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: In USA, we're number one when it comes to costume. The database that they study spanned twenty countries over three hundred and forty thousand websites on the Internet. It contained more than one point nine billion words. Great total of five hundred and ninety seven vulgarities were singled out, and after all the data was analyzed, they learned that United States set the bar for the dirtiest mouths the globe. Great Britain came in second, then o High here. The runners up Australia, Singapore, New Zealand, Malaysia.
Speaker 1: Ireland fell behind five hundred and ninety seven vulgarities. Boy, I wonder how many we could get to like our us together.
Speaker 2: That's a show. That's a show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there would be different vulgarities per country, like New Zealand. This word means whatever, but it means something else.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's difficult to say, but they have said they've done studies that when you if you took a hammer and you missed the nail and you get your finger on it, I go straight to the yelling.
Speaker 2: The F word. It helps with the pain.
Speaker 1: It reduces the pain by forty thirty to forty percent.
Speaker 2: I'm in, right, I'm in. That's why. That's why walking the door after work, I just go blank blank blank bit.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm not surprised. The United States sets the bar.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jefferson Animal Hospital. They set the bar when it comes to saving cats and dogs.
Speaker 2: And you can be part of that.
Speaker 3: It's your cat or your dog want to give blood, they can and they can save lives in a big way.
Speaker 2: Listen to this, folks.
Speaker 3: If your dog's over fifty pounds or your cat's over ten pounds, they can save the lives of other pets by giving blood. That's right, But listen, every pet blood donation doesn't save just one life. No, it's four to six other cats or dogs lives.
Speaker 2: That's huge.
Speaker 3: But saving lives is not the only benefit for you and your pet. We're talking about regular examinations, vaccines, and more. To find out if your pet could be a blood donor, contact Jefferson Animal Hospital or give them a call at five zero two, nine hundred pets.
Speaker 1: Lots of pasta, Lots of pasta. Louisville dot com. Another rainy day, a perfect day for clean food and the soup man. The chicken noodle is so oh good. The Italian wedding even better. If you want something a little bit more with some heat, the Buffalo chicken soup is top notch. Go down in there and get a half a sandwich or a whole sandwich, Get one of the hot sandwiches and some soup, Sit in the cafe and do some work. If you don't want to sit at home, that's the plan. It's very nice. It's also the coffee shop. Cafe used to be the cafe, it's now the coffee shop. So I have a have a cup of coffee, have your food and do some work. It's lots of pasta thirty seven seventeen Lexington Road in the heart of Saint Matthew's back. After this we are a couple of minutes away for another round of reeling in the years. Thanks to Susan Tyler Whitten for guessing nineteen eighty one yesterday.
Speaker 2: No, it was me the guest.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: We gave her a choice of eighty one or eighty two and she said eighty one. Give her credit, dude.
Speaker 2: Thank you Susan Tyler Whitting for winning the game. Yeah, after I gave you the answer.
Speaker 1: Alrighty News Radio eight forty wha.
Speaker 2: George s good doing.
Speaker 3: Bo.
Speaker 1: Come on Friday. We will be live in our normal spot when we do the grill Masters and of course the hog people.
Speaker 2: It's not the hog hog Cookers. No, try again, hog.
Speaker 3: Hog Masters, hog father there it is. It's the hog Fathers hog Fathers. Hey, it's free lunch Friday this Friday.
Speaker 2: Come on out.
Speaker 3: Grill Masters supply right down the com funerals now from roosters, but we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna be all kinds of food. We'll got the hog Fathers coming on as.
Speaker 1: More of the best food of any free meal you've ever had in your entire life. Most people know that we get about one hundred people show up every time we're out there, and the food has gone by the end of the day. But this time it's different.
Speaker 2: These are competition barbecued.
Speaker 1: There's their top of the top of the game.
Speaker 3: You're gonna love this grill Masters reply this Friday. But more importantly, it's a farewell to our very own Tony Cruise. Come on by, give Tony Cruz a hug and maybe more.
Speaker 1: The boys out and the boy Scout is retiring, Yes, yes, so you could say good bye to him. We're gonna have some of the people in his past that are gonna pop by. But if you just want to do that, it's a great time. And if you're interested in grills, that's that's the place to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Father's Day right around the court. Oh, by the way, I'll be giving out free Dwight hugs.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, did you write them on a piece of paper with the crayon?
Speaker 2: And I did yeah, but you got it.
Speaker 3: It's one per customer, one per listener, and that's it. Yeah, still to come on the show. We're gonna find out if we can stay undefeated for the week. How about that when it comes to real and in the years plus, I got a story of if you thought that the media was getting as bad, I gotta get a reason why it's getting worse, and I will tell you after the break. So last night, for my birthday, the wife said, hey, what are you gonna do? You have your regular old Baronel's birthday pizza. I went, no, I don't want a Barono's pizza. I want Baronos baked spaghetti. So that's what I got. Listen, sud, that's a plot twist right there, Curveball. You're gonna love the menu at Baronols. I love Barono's pizza. Last night for whatever reason, I say, you know what I want, the bake spaghetti, those big meatballs that Baronel's pizza sauce on the spaghetti. It's so great. But they have way more than just spaghetti and pizza. They have other pasta dishes, they have salades, they have sandwiches and more. You're gonna love your neighborhood baron pizza dining, carry out a delivery. Yeah, it's that good stick around news. Straight away after that, we are gonna dominate Rick in a little game we had to call. Really in the year, Rick has no chance of beating us. Here's what I'm saying. If I'm not being clear enough, let me put it this way. There's no way we can lose. It's on the way QMF.
Speaker 1: Wide Left NewsRadio eight or that was last night. Either way, thanks to Susan Tyler witting yesterday at the live remote, we won our reeling in the year's first round because obviously it was first day of the week. So let's move to the second day, and Rick's gonna try.
Speaker 2: To start us again. I think you guys might get this.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, that's Mery my phone. That's my phone. Okay, you.
Speaker 2: Got for us today?
Speaker 5: Chief, Okay, I've got another another four songs the top four songs on Billboard on this day in young nineties.
Speaker 2: Thought he was gonna do it.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I got'ta do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. This is song number four.
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighties.
Speaker 3: I think so oh nonety nineties nineties.
Speaker 1: This is a sa base. No, No, Wilson Phillips, Wilson, Phillips, Wilshi.
Speaker 2: This is a the mom and the papa is kid chunky. Stop. It's sweet Gal and Brian Wilson's daughter.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm sure having them as parents was also sold.
Speaker 3: Out for one little day. I want to say ninety two three right about now.
Speaker 1: The ladies love this song. It was in the It was the ending they come out of the water in Bridesmaids. What in Bridesmaids? You ever seen Bridesmaids? It's a classic, dude, I.
Speaker 3: Thought, is that the one where she duties herself in the Yeah, I have seen that.
Speaker 1: It's a medical word, duty, duty, duty yourself.
Speaker 2: Good worry. I like that word one or two so far?
Speaker 5: Maybe okay, that's number four. Later there comes number three.
Speaker 2: I have no idea something on.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think you will. I think you will know. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Speaker 2: Who is this Rick and in Nancy Wilson, Oh heart, Yes, I got to hear the chorus Let's go all the way to the course, so.
Speaker 1: I know you'll know it once you hear it.
Speaker 2: You know both of them. Stop. It was a lonely night.
Speaker 1: I will tell you, yeah, but I tell you. She she sang led Zeppelin like.
Speaker 2: A darning Oh yeah, Kennedy Awards.
Speaker 1: Yes, made made Robert Plant cry just like that was that's as good as anybody's never done.
Speaker 3: It made the caterer never asked him his name, made the caterer cry too.
Speaker 1: Ninety three, ninety four? No, or ninety one or ninety two? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: I like one or two? Hang on? Hell as a song they wrote to me.
Speaker 1: Ninety one, I'm feeling ninety one, now ninety two.
Speaker 2: I'll go ninety one or two. All right, let's go the next one.
Speaker 5: Rick, Okay, that's song number three, song number two.
Speaker 3: Oh no, this nineteen ninety Tonad O'Connor. This is ninety one, Snado O'Connor. This is nineteen ninety. This is ninety maybe eighty nine. See covering to Princeton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she died recently. She is skinhead, right, she shaved her head.
Speaker 1: She was not part of these skinheads. Oh, I'm gonna say. I'm gonna say nineteen ninety. I don't think it's ninety one. It's nineteen ninety.
Speaker 2: I do know the word in the nineties from the other two.
Speaker 5: I don't know that Okay, I do this song, might this might give it away? Here This is song number one, number one, number one, one, umber.
Speaker 1: One, nineteen ninety.
Speaker 3: Come on, Vogue, it's ninety it's nineteen ninety, or it could be ninety one.
Speaker 1: It could be ninety one, but I think it's nineteen ninety.
Speaker 2: I think I'm charted. It's charting. Watch me, Vogue, Tony this, I know. I see you. Why Madonna wait till I start doing stuff with the butt? Watch this? See that that's called butt Voguan.
Speaker 1: She was so great at reinventing herself.
Speaker 2: Hot, isn't it?
Speaker 1: And then this she now looks like.
Speaker 3: When you surround yourself with the s men and women. Yeah, that's what you get.
Speaker 1: We do the opposite of that. Oh no, no, you don't, no, don't do that. Okay, we're gonna go nineteen ninety oh ninety.
Speaker 5: That's your final answer.
Speaker 1: Final aancewer is nineteen ninety ninety one.
Speaker 2: Yes, nice job, guys.
Speaker 1: Did the Vogue dance at Cliffhangers in nineteen ninety Vogue, I remember the move to the I remember working at WQMF when she I guess it was ninety or ninety one, and she came out with the big book. I think it was just called the.
Speaker 2: Sex It was called sex Oh, sex book, right right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and it had like a metal Radio stations got it first. You couldn't even buy it, so we were all The program director came back to the jock room and goes, guess what I got. And we had heard so much about it, We're like, oh my gosh. And it was a little it was really racy for nineteen ninety.
Speaker 2: I wonder if you could still buy that. Let's chase this quarrel. You think so, I don't nine to you.
Speaker 1: Madonna's the Sex Book, and it was basically just pictures of her in different sexy poses, but it was I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's see it Madonna. Let's do this first Madonna sex book value. Oh it was sold for fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa wha, who who whoa whoa? Yeah what oh? These are sound. Copies go for around three thousand dollars. Let's see. Let's go to eBay. Yeah, no, see what a sex book would cost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure there's a bunch of them. I'm sure you can.
Speaker 2: I can't find here. It is ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 5: Is that a sign comedy?
Speaker 2: No? No, but it was really racy.
Speaker 1: But she was that what she was in. She was in pop culture and she was trying to push the envelope every single time.
Speaker 2: She was married to Jean penn uh.
Speaker 1: And then she had all she had some crazy relationships. Yeah, but then they made a movie about her tour, remember that. Yes, she made her like. It was controversial because she made her dancers two boys kiss, like there was two dancers and she made him kiss and people are like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Little do we all? I mean, I don't think there was.
Speaker 3: Out the summertimes. Sometimes dancers, yeah, are gay?
Speaker 2: Huh so, But doc can argue with that.
Speaker 5: She was notorious for showing up like two hours late for concerts.
Speaker 1: Well guess who's got a story about that.
Speaker 3: You're look you're looking at as I'm walking out of the studio. When we were doing Nights Program, Dirreugs said, Hey, do you want to go to Madonna?
Speaker 2: I say, you know, I don't, but my wife made so. I called Susan. I said, hey, you want to go to Madonna show? She said yeah. I said, well, here's the deal. We're gonna bargain on this.
Speaker 3: We'll go to Madonna, but we're leaving at ten thirty because I want to beat the traffic. He thought he was leaving beat the damn traffic. So we get to the She agreed to it. I said, that's gonna give you an hour and a half. The main attraction comes on at nine.
Speaker 1: Always know because it's a thrill for Susan. It means something to Susan because this is her, this is her, the meaningful years of her, of her childhood, but you know her ladyhood, yeah, ladyhood.
Speaker 2: So anyway, so we.
Speaker 3: Get to the We get to the Madonna show at the YOUM Center at nine o'clockheads and they got this DJ.
Speaker 2: Everybody is DJ Scrony.
Speaker 1: I love him. DJ Scrony was good.
Speaker 2: And they put on another song and it used to be DJ SCROWNI yeah, but they would throw out, you know.
Speaker 3: And so they went on and he said, here's the next song and it sounded like this, and this went on till he.
Speaker 2: That's pretty acod. It might have been ten thirty. How late. I think it was like ten thirty. So then Madonna.
Speaker 1: Thirty, which was the time you're scheduled to leave. She's still not on stage, and is this the one where she was drunk? Yes, and she could not perform.
Speaker 3: She performed, she was horrible, and she made fun of Southerners and she did everything you could do to piss people off. So she comes out with some Madonna saw I've never heard of.
Speaker 2: I can't remember. Well, okay, well, like that's a shot.
Speaker 1: This feeds into your She has yes people because at that point all of her people should.
Speaker 2: Have said you, this is a disaster.
Speaker 1: You came here, they paid, because she's notorious for having very expensive tickets, and this feeds into your She has no one saying no, because her handler should have went.
Speaker 2: This is a disaster.
Speaker 1: You made fun of people, had just paid all this money, and you couldn't perform because you were drunk. This is a disaster. But she went right along.
Speaker 2: There was.
Speaker 3: So she comes on in this first song, I have no IDEA second song comes on, I have no idea. Three songs into that. I looked at my wife, I said, listen, honey, you stay here and you enjoy the show, but let's leave in forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, I'm going up and.
Speaker 3: I'm going to hang out with the hot dog lady, and she said, well, okay, she's very nice.
Speaker 2: But she was really nice.
Speaker 3: So I stood up at the concession stands I hate hot dogs with a hot dog lady, and shot the breeze.
Speaker 2: She comes up like two songs later. Let's just go did she.
Speaker 1: Give you the wink and just slide you another hot dog for free?
Speaker 3: I might have slid her away, alrighty, So yes, all right, So here's the story Chicago Sun Times.
Speaker 1: If you think that the media is shrinking, it has been for twenty years, and they have less people at these newspapers. We've said it for years on this show. You know, the career journal I just I don't. I can't even used to be the top ten newspaper in the country, and it slowly and then quickly went down the toilet. But they don't have enough people to cover everything. They need to pick their battles, do politics and sports, and that's it. Stop doing everything else and just kind of concentrate on those two things and maybe people and you buy and uh shop meet good writers.
Speaker 2: Stop being so biased.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I mean I haven't read it for decades, for decades.
Speaker 1: Hey, the shot spotter is not racist. So let's go so Chicago Sun Times, pretty big outfit. It's world famous. Right, So they're reading. They have a reading list every summer.
Speaker 2: That's where I made my bones as a journalist. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they always have a list of fifteen books included in Sunday's newspaper for the reading list. Right, so here's the books you gotta read. Remember Oprah used to do this Oprah's Reading. If you were on Oprah's reading list, that was you were now a bestseller.
Speaker 3: You think that was a pay for pay for play type thing with Oprah?
Speaker 2: Hey you give me fifty grand?
Speaker 1: Do you want me to smack you in the face right now?
Speaker 2: Of course it was.
Speaker 1: Why why do you ask, Jackie? Why do you ask a question you know the answer to?
Speaker 2: So cash you another question? Jeez?
Speaker 1: So guess what what? AI came up with the list. They didn't even hire someone to make the list, so they just went to AI and they generated the list and then they published it.
Speaker 2: At what point is is our news like going to replace.
Speaker 1: Dwight witting nights on w q m F.
Speaker 3: Please do so listen, I'm tired of the seven to midnight shift. There's anybody out there that has ever wanted to work in radio.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's an interesting twist. Okay, So they say, yes, let's have an AI version of Dwight Witten on QMF.
Speaker 2: Can you do that? Is that possible? Yet?
Speaker 1: My thinking is, does the AI version of Dwight.
Speaker 2: Does he?
Speaker 1: You know where I'm going with this? So poor, poor AI version of Dwight right, because it's now I want to say, symbient being one?
Speaker 2: Am I A?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to do the front of the term that would be a thinking machine.
Speaker 2: Well, here's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: If it is tasked to be me, does it still do the mispronunciation?
Speaker 2: That's why I'm just still have the bad grammar?
Speaker 1: And do they talk to each other and say, great your tom Brady's AI, I'm Dwight Witt AND's I can't spell anything. I have addictions to things I can't even take. Thank you think?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, Tom Brady AI here, You're lucky.
Speaker 3: Do you think my AI sits there? My chat g t pig sits there and goes I wonder if it was or were I was was or were?
Speaker 1: And does the AI Tony Veannetti look at reflects it of himself?
Speaker 2: All day? I want.
Speaker 3: I wonder if my AI somehow goes to Google and goes Google, how do you spell transparent?
Speaker 2: Just to write something?
Speaker 1: So right now they're already talking. They're so they're so scared of AI because it's it's thinking and doing things that it wasn't told to do, which I was told my entire life. Don't worry about computers. It won't do anything you don't tell it to do. Well, that's changed, and the leap has been made, and now well it's the same thing. And they asked, how how does it feel like? They were asking how it feels like? It's how should I feel about that? It's like, oh, wait a minute, what do you mean? How should you feel about that? You're not supposed to have feelings? Well, I'm looking back at that Will Smith movie. I can't let you do that, Tony exactly?
Speaker 2: Why is the toaster talking to me?
Speaker 1: And by the way, there will be a total autonomous like a house where these lonely people will live and have a companion that's AI, and that they'll talk to each other, they'll argue.
Speaker 2: With the companion just a hole in the wall. Not again, mister Vanedni, it's only been.
Speaker 1: Fifteen I wonder if the AI version of your wife will want to control the remote.
Speaker 3: You know what can't be replaced. There's only one thing that can't be replaced by AI. What my buddy John at thesimplebodyshop dot com.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good. Here's why, baby, it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Listen, my jeep was hitting a parking lot about three months ago.
Speaker 2: Smashed the heck out of it.
Speaker 3: I mean, tell light everything gone, bumper, dented, quarter panel, the works. Got a couple of estimates on it. One was thirty eight hundred, the other one was forty two hundred. Then I called my buddy John at thesimplebodyshop dot com. That's where I intended to go with from the beginning, but I wanted to know the other quotes. So we're looking at forty two hundred thirty eight hundred. What do you think my buddy John at these simple body shops quote was it was.
Speaker 2: Nine hundred dollars plus. I didn't even have to leave the drive. Wait.
Speaker 3: All I did was upload, actually texted pictures to the simple body shop. They got back to me within a couple of hours and said here's your price. I saved thousands of dollars. But more importantly, I didn't turn a claim into my insurance to raise the rates. Folks, you have a choice now. The choice is thesimplebodyshop dot Com.
Speaker 1: All right, Map Security, We've been talking about this for a while. You have to have a security system. There are bad people out there, and they're more of them today than there are were ten years ago.
Speaker 2: That's a fact.
Speaker 1: People are desperate and they are going to break into your house and they're not good people or into your stuff. It doesn't matter. So get Maps Residential dot Com. Go there right now. The ninety days monitoring is going to be free if you sign up now and get the system. The system is hooked to the police ems fire. They get there quicker than you can even call nine one one. This is the best right. You want and need this system and getting a system. Buy Map Security put on my house in the next couple of weeks. I cannot wait. The cameras, all of the bells and whistles that it has, and I can just pull up on my phone see any room in my room in my house, on the outside of the house.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: So Maps Residential dot Com tell them Tony Venetti sent you and get the ninety days monitoring. You have to have the monitoring because then how you get to the cops in the fire there.
Speaker 2: Quicker