Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. Day one A of the World Series of Poker. What were you just going to do? What were you just gonna do?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: You messed up my intro looking like you were about to punch me. Day one A THESPE main event just wrapped up. It is one twenty one am. I mean Day one A actually wrapped up a little while ago, but because I was doing commentary, it took a little bit longer to get here to the show. But tremendous day of poker. We're going to talk about the spectacle that is the WSOP main event. We also have some other tournaments to hit on, including the finale to the mini main event. We got the ten k stud High Low playing down to a final table. We've got the hunter k PLO playing down to a final table. I think there was an eight hundred dollars tournament that kicked off somewhere around here. So lots happening here at Horseshoe, Las Vegas, on the Las Vegas Strip. Baby, But of course, the bulk of this episode we're going to be talking about the granddaddy of them all, the w SP main event. If you're listening to the Poker Girl podcast, please favorite the show leave a review if you would be so kind. It does help us grow. And if you do leave a review, take a screenshot and send it on in to podcasts at PokerGO dot com. And if you if it's cool, you know, we'll read it, right all right, so maybe we'll read it. Maybe we don't. I would say we lean to almost always read it. Speaking of reading one, I'm gonna read this one that I have right now. Yeah, from from let me see Mark, he said, I've been listening to the podcast since the beginning. I was devastated when Remco left the show. Yeah, f that guy, I mean, who is this Tim duck Worth guy?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: I was not happy, but I gave the show a listen. I still was not happy, but then it happened Tim found his groove. Okay, I mean listen. I was when I jumped onto the Poker Gool podcast. This is not the review part. This is me just going off to the side. I had much podcast experience, but I was very green at the beginning. I had no f and idea what I was doing. Shout out to producer Rich Ryan Though, a former co host of mine, who brought me along. And now I feel like I'm pretty good. Not certainly not great, but you know we're getting there anyway. Mark says Tim found his groove, or I realized what his groove was. I was hooked. So I ask, what is a duck worth? A five star review is what a duck is worth. The show's strength is the chemistry between Donnie and Tim. I love how Tim knows how to push Donnie's buttons. Yeah, I mean f that guy, yeah exactly, which creates a compelling dynamic in Donnie's enthusiasm and for poker is unmatched in the industry. I appreciate you saying that Mark Donnie might very well be Poker's greatest ambassador. My god, this is I do not know Mark. I need like a full disclosure. I do not know Mark, but Mark, I need to give you some emails with people who think otherwise, and maybe you should tell.
Speaker 2: Me so I can yell at you for making such a ridiculous statement publicly.
Speaker 1: After all these years, he still brings the new Poker boom enthusiasm each and every episode. Every time I go to listen to the Poker Golf Podcast. I want to drop what I'm doing and run out to my local card and play cards. Donnie, Tim, you have a fantastic show. Let's go. That's right, Mark, thank you so much. I just wanted to point that out because listen, we will read the reviews if they happen. Okay, we will. If you are watching on YouTube, please like the video, Please subscribe to the pokro YouTube channel, and please drop a comment and let us know about things. Some other people were sending in some guesses on WSP manament field size. We're going to get into that because we do have the numbers from day one a so again, lots of stuff, a lot of fun stuff. Always love hearing from you guys out there, the listeners. If you love poker but you don't want to spend a dime playing, and then check out play poker go dot com. It's free to play. It is super easy to jump into and yes, it actually feels like real poker. I played two free roles while doing commentary today.
Speaker 2: Two here do you go.
Speaker 1: I actually think I'm in one right now and I'm blinding out.
Speaker 2: That sounds silly.
Speaker 1: I mean it's like, I can't. I can't do all this stuff and be in there. But if you want to play sit and goes ring games or tournaments, head on over to play pokerg dot com. You can also grab the app on iOS and Android. But had a lot of fun playing with you guys. I was I was doing pretty well in the in the second one for sure, So maybe we'll do more of that as we go. All right, First things first, buddy, wsop.
Speaker 2: That's the first thing first, by the way.
Speaker 1: First things first, WSOP main event.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what today?
Speaker 1: The number that I saw in the app was nine hundred and twenty three entrants. The number that I believe that they got on one A last year was nine to fifteen. So we are trending up. Love to see it.
Speaker 2: But you said nine thirteen, nine to fifteen last year? What did we get this year? Nine to twenty three? It's well, you said nine thirteen. I was like, Buddy, that's unders so this kid was in your mosk. Guy, is unbelievable. This is my goodyear.
Speaker 1: Unreal, unreal.
Speaker 2: Uh but yeah, I think that's even You know what, even if it was nine thirteen, I think that's a good sign because we discussed yesterday that with everything going on in town right now, especially today, it was I we was I was all in on a large turn. I was thinking eight hundred, maybe even a.
Speaker 3: Seven eight hundred.
Speaker 2: When I walked in today and I saw six hundred on that clock, I was like, all right, forget everything I said last night, throw it out the window. You could nearly, very nearly do a duck up, maybe half a duck up about that prediction.
Speaker 1: Predictions can't duck ups. Duck ups are for things that we actually give.
Speaker 2: If I'm trying to base it on this data or evidence and I'm just skewed, I think we can kind of give it half a duck up. But uh yeah, either way, I agree, great start. We'll see what's in stall for the next three day ones and two day two's. Hey, you know what your crazy big number. I ain't out of the question.
Speaker 1: My number is going to come in baby ten. Six hundred and thirty three is what I said. I'm loving every second of it. And if you watched some of the play today on the streams, if you heard the interview that Natalie Body did with one Gentleman where he was talking about shoving all in blind from under the gun smile because that's that's quote unquote his move. Okay, I mean, and he beat aces doing it once, I guess. I mean, could you imagine you have a guy at your table event he's jamming all in blind under the gun. You just find the birds, you just look down POCKETR rockets, right, You're like, send it, let's go. No, he just beats you with whatever the hell he had just I mean absolutely.
Speaker 2: Our that's already haunting my dreams and it didn't happen to me.
Speaker 1: So nine to twenty three today, Jason Kuhn was out there, Adam Hendricks was out there, Martin Cabrell was out there.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Phil Hemmy Junior Junior?
Speaker 2: Phil Hill with the third the third rde place Phil Hemma Junior Junior. We saw a couple of previous champions stops on scene. He started on the feature table. Joe Ca Funny Maker one of the first players to.
Speaker 1: Be was he doing in that? Chris money Maker busted full house over full house your full house? No idea what he was doing for Oz Joca play he busted with seven dues. No idea, what the hell he was doing? Kelly Lucas, Kelly Lucas. Yeah, the artist formerly known as Kelly Mink was out there. Even though she did talk about how she's going to be retiring this is her lasts min ement, she was out there, lasting away. I saw Natasha Mercier. I saw Jo Vira Jo Viro, Jonathan Little Saua.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he had a good table. He was sitting with former Player of the Ian Matakas and multi bracelet winner Chris Brewer. So that was a good time. But that was actually a planned feature, but it was part of the breaking order, so we had to we had to kill that idea, but that would mean a really good one to put.
Speaker 1: I saw Chris Claude Nikki in the field him, okay, trying to think. I saw Brett Richie. Yeah, yeah, he was sitting right here, and you know what they were talking to him about the wrap kill the hand from the Kings versus Aces versus Best Shock and Phil Helmi the hand Yeah got the hands hand, yes, this hand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got as Actually still to Bret Ritchie to decide.
Speaker 1: Can you pull the eighties in.
Speaker 3: Beth is dancing already?
Speaker 1: That's wrong, there's Phil's eighties Okay, flashing signs to her husband Dan.
Speaker 3: Like this could influence Richie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm all in, but he is gonna move all in. Yeah, they were talking about that. But we did lose Jason Kuhn. Yes, I think Martin Cabrell doubled up towards the end of the night. We moved him off the feet your table more on than a second.
Speaker 2: But I tell you sorry about Jason Kin real quick, sure, go ahead. He had busted. I was walking. I was trying to walk to CVS to get long story shots, some energy jails for our well cover Vegas Sucker tournament. Walking out our little table, Liaison Keegan McCann calls me right for some reason, it's not speaker. Hey. He goes, hey, where are you? I'm like going to CVS. He's like, uh, Jason Kuhn just busted on the feature table. We got to find someone. That same moment, Jason Kuhn is ten feet away from me. I hung up on Keegan. As he said, Jason Kuhn hung up the phone. Jason comes. He goes, Yep, I did just bust out Tim. I'm like, I'm sorry, I saw you. He goes, not how it happens. I'm like He's like, oh yeah, It's okay, we'll get him next time. So yeah, see you later called King back. Sorry, Jason Kuhn was just walking past me, started to hang up on you. But good sport as always, even though he busted the main event.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he busted on the main feature table. He was part of the second group that we put up there. He jammed the turn with two overs to the board and a flush straw. Unfortunately, one of his overs was no good against his opponents top pair coonhead King Queen of clubs on a ten high board his opponent head or sorry and a jackie board. His opponent had jack king jack, so the king obviously was no good, but the opponent called and that was that for Jason Kuhn. Who else did we lose today, Well, Chris Moneymaker, Chris Joka, anyone else?
Speaker 2: Brandon Steven.
Speaker 1: He was short when he was all in ultimately busted out there.
Speaker 2: We lost Michael Manchek, Dragana, Michael Prang, she ran Dave one year, Frank Cascello we lost, We lost Jia Viera, We lost Jay Aba. Haven't seen him for a long time, but we lost him. Angela Jordanson. Let's have a look. Who else we got here, Adrian Mataeos he hit the rio uh Noel Rodriguez. You know I felt when I walked the field today trying to pick some features, was we were pretty light on stars, you know, like on the big names. So you know, obviously we had a lot of those in the hundred kplow. You know, there's a lot other events going on in town. We got that that ten K eight game, so I think that kind of shows that, you know, next few days we're going to have some of these big names lack the Diana ground is like the Phil Helmless, you know, lack to phil Ivey's all playing on these next couple of day Once.
Speaker 1: It was fun to feel the energy in here for the WASPY main event. Two week long tournament, long way to go, but you could certainly feel it. The first couple feature tables that we had were more home game like, but that's what you expect on the early day ones here at the WSP main events. So we started with Scott Blumstein on the main Brandon Stevens table. He was alongside Wesley Faye on the secondary table. After the first level that we did, which was level three of the tournament, swap them out, we get Jason Coon up on the main stage, we get Martin Cabrell up on the secondary feature, and it was full on the Martin Carell Show. I mean, he did not shut up to the point where like tournament director Andy Tillman was NonStop being like Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, NonStop. But then we get to the end of that two hour level and Martin starts just like going nuts, like freaking out up there, and normally we try and change the tables out. Okay, he was claiming that somebody told him it was ninety nine point nine percent that they weren't going to be on the feature table again after the break. Then he was saying he heard different, and he just was like yelling at everyone, like while they were trying to play the last hand before break, He's like, this is unacceptable. The whole thing like going nuts, nuts nuts. So what the heck actually happened? Because I only saw kind of like the talent for like the last minute orter He's like, get me whoever's in George, get me whoever's in charge.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this would be my second incident with mister Cabrell for the day. And we're going to touch on the first one a little later. But you know what, there's a lot of people to blame with this one. Okay, I'm gonna throw a lot of people under the bus. So first people are gonna throw other baths is our team. I wish we knew. I didn't hear about this until the end of the break, So if we'd heard this at the start of the break, we could have maybe problem solved workshops. Something. Didn't really hear it till three minutes ago. That's okay, we'll work on it. We went out there. We went out there to talk to Martin. He was claiming that WSP told him that they only played one level now in these high rollers. If you guys have been watching the coverage this year and the previous yeasons, we changed the table every pretty much every two hour block, you know, break to break for fairness. Those tournaments logistically much easier to manage. We're talking three, four, five, six, maybe eight tables. Main event you touched on it. Nine hundred and twenty five players today. That ain't eight tables, that's ninety tables. Okay. It's much harder to kind of do this kind of thing. So sometimes if we have a good table, I would say Martin called mind stable qualified as a good table. We might leave that up for two levels. So although we want to sometimes change you putting your faces, we don't always do it anyway, he told us. He claimed the WSP said, you're only up here for one level. Well, you know we can make we can keep you up here. Then dealer starts sealing cards. He starts kicking up of f us. I don't know if you've caught this on the stream. He's in the small blind right. This was the first hand of.
Speaker 1: The last night we only saw before break.
Speaker 2: He is. He is yelling at me and Andy. We call up our producer to come out. The cards are in the yeir deal put the cards in the yeah. He starts stealing under the gun, raises a call. Mar's in the small blne. He's threatening to leave. He's packing up his belonging, he's getting his little hippo, he's putting it in his little believe.
Speaker 1: Where's he going to go.
Speaker 2: He's going to go home, blind me. I steal my steal my money. He said, steal my money. Sure, man, I'll steal your money. Then he goes, I'm going to leave. He looks at his head. He goes, I'm going to play this. Hen first plays the hand, but at the same time him and our producer are going at it, and Dennis is up there and he's up there. They're all going at it. I'm like, guys, can we just let him play his hand. We're not going to come up with a solution midhand while he's check raising the fop with his hippo, So let him play his handy folds even Pat Pat, I mean, our producer has to go produce the show. He runs back. He starts chasing him. Then mister Seawan deeb comes up. He leans into me and goes, you know, for what it's worth. I think Martin's right.
Speaker 1: He is right.
Speaker 2: And I turned to Sean and I said, excuse me, Sean, but you can go play your poker tournament because you ain't in this one. So I'm sitting there trying to be the right. Come okay, No, he's not.
Speaker 3: Because we can do whatever.
Speaker 1: We got to be fair.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get it. So he's training to leave. He packs up his bag. He starts leaving. I said, Martin, give me one minute, right, and this will come back from the story we're going to tell the lady. He goes, you have one minute only. I go okay, I asked, I asked the TV. Do we have a dealer at his old table four ninety eight. Yep, we've got dealer down. There's training to leave. He's certain, he's claiming we're stealing his money. I'm stealing your money, Martin. I'm taking it off you because you're being a little diva. But no, we make that. We make the decision. Okay, we'll forego the wholes shoe table. You guys can go back into the field read four ninety eight. We don't want to put you on TV. So we said, here's the racks. You guys are going to miss a hand. Clock ain't gonna stop. You can start moving. Doesn't end there, doesn't end there. Man Martin racks up like this, and if you can hear my click loud enough so quickly I'm walking ahead. He hasn't even got a rack. When I start walking, he passes me on these steps. He sprinting like he's in one hundred meters with Usain Bolt. He gets to his table, takes his seat. I get there, button is on, Martin. Dealer puts the button. The cards are fan so nicely, Martin. Not a single player there, and I cut my hand up waiting for the players to come back. Mart Is like, you, come on, get the deck ready, get the decorated, get the deck ready. The other floors there are just shaking his head. She's just like, what am I supposed to do? What am I supposed to do? He's like, come on, come on, we're missing hands. Damn right, we're missing hands because you wanted us to move. This is your fault, Martin Cobrell. Okay, we get the cards in the air, not to thank you for putting us over there. He just dismisses me. So, Martin, I don't like you anymore. And this T shirt dedicated to you. I'm done. I'm going to do another story later that made me even more bad. But that is the Martin Cabrel story. And guess what, man, if you're listening to this podcast, and I know you're not, but someone passed on this message. Come day two A, you're going to start on the whole.
Speaker 3: We're going to switch.
Speaker 1: Doing that. Don't make me play, don't make me, don't make me play chaperone to this nonsense. Here now Martin's right. It has to be one level and gone. I'm sorry. And if there's no other tables, you have to we're not doing two levels in the main event. You want to check a lot of hours. That's outrageous what we've been doing. That's outrageous.
Speaker 2: We can do, we can do.
Speaker 1: No, you gotta do. You gotta do one level and you change them. It's fair for everyone. And if there's not a table, you just got to pluck a table. You gotta make a random ass table. Okay, that's just how it needs to be done. Now. What I will also say is that I'm actually surprised that he kicked up susher fuss. And the reason is that, first of all, we we turn on the cameras and went to that table. He looks into the camera and he does a promo for his shop to go buy stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm going to hack that shop tonight, right out of the way, right out of the gate.
Speaker 1: The whole time he's doing his whole bit it right, He's non stop talking, non stop talking, and it was clear that like seven of the of the eight players at the table were bothered by it or uncomfortable or whatever, which, in my opinion, is exactly why he does it. So if that's the case, if you're the one with the experience under the bright lights on this sort of stage in the poker's biggest tournament, like why aren't you why why aren't you fine with doing it once more? Because wouldn't that be to your advantage? Now? I do think it is unfair to keep him up there for multiple levels. I agree with Sean Deeve, I agree with Martin okay, but I am surprised that he didn't actually try and level to Shandy.
Speaker 2: Wasn't making that argument, Shan, and I think this is the argument that we need to be clear on here. You know, you're saying you only like one level, but that's not the case. We don't do that. We do do two levels. Durin the main one. It's not mine was saying. And this is where why we sided and we made that decision, was that if he was told one level, because it wasn't by us, if he was told we're not throwing anyone under WSPN on the bus. If he claims that's true and that actually happened, which we still don't even know, then following that rule, if he was told one, we would we would you know, move him? You know, during the high rollers, this is what we do say. We say, hey, we're going to keep you up here until the break and then we'll make a make a switch. So if someone told him that, and that's where Sean was saying that we should move him, not the fact that it's one level, because main event we often do two blocks, whether it's pre and post inner or post inner, we definitely do two or more, you know, and obviously later in the main event it's a lot of blocks. But either way, little crisis management here at the whole shirt today between my Unclebrell and myself, and it was a fun.
Speaker 1: Little I'm not sure that it was management. I think it was the crisis.
Speaker 2: You know what it was. It was crisis negotiation. It was a negotiation hostage. He held me hostage, it felt like, but we got throw he bagged, he bagged.
Speaker 1: Right, said he'd be doubled up or something.
Speaker 2: Aces versus Ace King, I think was the hand if I can quickly change the subject. You know another player that's through, the player that's going to ascend the pyramid to fifth place. Oh my god, Justin Zaki, Justin. I told him, if you guys. Remember yes, I said, you know, we did our predictions and he was my another radar player many because you know he was in Egypt relaxing. He shared the bit that we interviewed, you know, we talked about and then he included a picture of him doing that, you know that tourist he pose. Maybe our producer Rich can put the picture right here where he put your hand on the pyramid. He didn't start too well, but the assent to the pyramid has begun because he bagged one hundred and forty three thousand and nine hundred. Justin Zaki fifth place finish twenty twenty five WSP Main Event. I can smell it, can taste it, can feel it coming that he is one guy that has bagged chips and he's on today to ABC.
Speaker 1: Cabrell did bag one hundred and sixty eight thousand and seven hundred. It is Victor Voue as the chip leader. Although this chip is this chipstack is wrong because it says three hundred and fifty two thousand and one can't have one. It's not possible, but Victor Voe looks to be the chip leader. Justin Yaeker second in chips. Miguel Kusumok, that's probably wrong, but I'm gonna say we three Mark Spittelari Fourth, Jeremy Dan, Stanislav Ziegel, Benjamin Gold, Wesley Fay, Chad Power. All of them are doing extremely well here in the WSP main event to start, bagged up quite a bit of chips. John Party, he was on our future table to start. Alexandros Colonios bagged up chips. I mentioned Martin Caprel already, Roman Herobic Scott Askenazi, Leon Stern, Michael Norri, Malcolm trainor your boy Congo, Diogo Viega also, so just a handful of the names there who bagged up chips. Of course, you know, very very very long way to go.
Speaker 2: One player the bag of chips. Adam Hendricks. Yep, we saw him on the feature table late in the day. He you know, nothing major I bagged to be on a suddingy sack forty sorry Elvis forty four five hundred. You know, I did speak to Adam Hendrix about why he was wearing an Elvis outfit, but before we get to that interview, and.
Speaker 1: They also had it on the stream on why he's wearing it.
Speaker 2: But I talked to him a bit more about that. I'm gonna do a quick top five top five favorite Presley songs.
Speaker 1: Are you actually that is?
Speaker 2: Definitely doing this? Big fan of Elvis, Love the Love the movie that came out. Here are my top five, descending on A five, four three, two one, number five very underrated, The Wonder of You. Not many people like that. It's not a very popular song, but I like that.
Speaker 3: These are my rankings.
Speaker 1: My grandfather, God rest his soul. He is the biggest Elvis in the universe.
Speaker 2: And me and him buddies coming in number four on the Tim Dock with Elvis Presley song rankings, Can't Help Falling in Love, Number three classic classic song, Suspicious Minds, number two very underrated song, the live version of Unchained Melody, and number one Elvis Presley song in Tim Duckworth rankings. If I can dream there it is Top five Elvis Presley songs.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe you just hijacked one. I absolutely hijacked basically held me hostage here while hijacking the first first of is be main Event podcast episode with a freaking top five Elvis song. I mean, holy shit.
Speaker 3: Every day we're doing this real?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Every day speaking, not top five Elvis every day, I'm sneaking in the top five every day, sneaking. People want it.
Speaker 1: Producer Richards cut that out, Producer Richard cutting out.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm walking off the set. I'm doing a mon cambrel. I'm packing my stuff. I'm heading on stealing my money. You're stealing my mind.
Speaker 1: You have a lot of similarities tomorrow person.
Speaker 2: But anyway I could speak to I did speak to Adam Hendrix about the costume. I spoke to him about Uh, you know, he was forty ninth place in the Millionaire Makers, so you know, finishing forty nine out of twelve Tho, how does that prepare him for this? But yeah, let's uh, let's play the interview. We're standing here with Adam Hendrix, or as some people may have seen him today, Elvis Presley. Please feel us in. We've got the black jumpsuit, we got the boots, we got the glass, so we got the week. What's going on here?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I was in the tag team event, running pretty deep and me and this guy that I met, Paul, he had a little more chips than me, and he said, let's do a last longer for an Elvis costume. He'll include his partner Nick Marchington. First, me and I get it in ninety eight percent favorite eighty left or something like that, and I lose, and now I'm here in the main just as Elvis. I went to a costume store today.
Speaker 2: Good time. How does it feel playing in I'm gonna have to assume it's pretty warm, especially here on the future table on the bright lines. What was it playing today dressed as Elvis?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I got some looks when I was walking from the garage to here. Nobody really noticed me because there's so many elvis Is walking around anyways in Vegas.
Speaker 2: But at the table, you.
Speaker 4: Know, they give some looks, some selfies, stuff like that. This wig is very itchy, and your wig is just as itchy too, So.
Speaker 2: This is not a wig. This is a beautiful set of head that is naturally grind, so please don't put that out in the universe. Let's talk a little bit about poker, and let's talk about firstly, forty ninth place in the Millionaire make a twelve players here we're probably looking at, you know, ten thousand plays. Does that run prepare you for an event like this?
Speaker 3: Saw?
Speaker 2: When you you know, nearly ten x to buy and it's a completely different kind of tournament.
Speaker 4: Usually when you tennext to buy in the field sort of shifts a little bit. But since this is the main event, it's a freeze out structure. You can only enter once. That gets rid of some of the pros rebuying a bunch, so you see like softer tables throughout the tournament. In some of those ten k's where there's unlimited re entry, you'll see like the field be like a lot tougher than the WSOP main So it makes it I'm definitely prepared, sort of like maybe a little tougher in some ways, but you get longer structure, so the better players should rise.
Speaker 2: Eventually. Speaking of better players, you will see it with Kevin Mauten, so you know, very experienced player with you yourself a lot of experience. One of these brats. I see the Poko studio here at the World Series. Do you feel, you know when we moved you up here that hey, I'm gonna have a bit of an advantage over these guys or is it you know you feel like, no, it's not going to really change everything.
Speaker 4: I think there's a little advantage I wasn't sure if some of these guys would. I mean, we were playing pretty like cowboy poker out there, like a lot of like seven x opens. Everybody's playing for stacks every hand almost as you can see the guy in the four seat or something was really getting after it. So you know, sometimes when that you move to the TV, people might change their style a little bit. So it actually didn't happen here, and people seem to play sort of like what they were doing out there. Generally, it definitely helps me, you know, pull some big bluffs or whatever you live at the moment. Like sometimes in my head when I'm thinking of like pulling a bluff, I'm like, well, it's sort of funny for a TV right.
Speaker 2: Day one night here, you got three days off before you come back for day two. ABC run us through why you chose, say one to eight. I'm hoping your answer is, Hey, I want to play these fifteen k are high rollers in the Pogo studio the next few days. But is there a reason you chose one A over the you know the other options.
Speaker 4: You know, I was out another tournament I busted, and I was thinking looking through the schedule, and I was like, I just want to play the main sort of not really get it over with, but I feel.
Speaker 2: Prepared today to just play.
Speaker 4: I feel fresh. Let's just do it. So next step was run to the costume store and then enter the main.
Speaker 2: Will we see a costume one day to a no? Not a chance, all right, Adam?
Speaker 4: I mean my shirts sometimes are costumes in themselves, like your outfits.
Speaker 1: Nots it for the WSP MIN event for today, We're going to continue on. There's going to be more coverage on Thursday, July third, same time for the stream, same plan for everything seven pm here in Vegas, ten pm if you're on the East coast, that's when the stream is going to kick off. I am on commentary once again, this time alongside Tristan Wade and Remca. Rinking makes a return. He makes a return. Maybe they're gonna they're gonna cram us into this, this hot box of a booth that is absolutely, positively, without question in hr violation that I have to work in that booth that is ninety six fucking degrees. Dude, it is outrageous.
Speaker 2: You can't take a fan or anything they.
Speaker 1: Have like ac pumping in f and outrageous how hot it is in that thing. It's so bad. It's so bad.
Speaker 2: I mean, why do they pay you the big box? You know, these tough conditions.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, it's honestly like you feel like you're a sweatshop word. I mean, it's it's ridiculous. It's honestly insane that they put you in that booth and it's that hot in there.
Speaker 2: Anywhere else it's hot where in the pyramids in Egypt.
Speaker 1: First place, finish one K mini main events and oh look who won, Martin Cabrel. Not like that, like the Casino Royale. What I don't know what casino royal means because he does it with a whole bunch of different hands. But Casino Royal, congratulations Martin Cabrell on your fourth WSOP Gold Race. That he topped the field of ten thousand and seven or ninety four entries. So it was the Martin Cabrell Show for much of the w SB main event on day one a on Poker Goes coverage. But earlier in the day he won this damn tournament. Crazy, absolutely creative backstory to all of this, to what the fact that he won the tournament. I mean, it's a poker.
Speaker 2: Tournament, so at about two thirty, there were heads up him and Alexander.
Speaker 1: Alexander yen yes who had the chipley coming into.
Speaker 2: The tap yeses, And we approached Martin. Martin, we're thinking about streaming this on the horseshop table. We're going to finish this on stream. See you win a bracelet, well, Alexander, see you win a bracelet. Okay, that's fine with us. When oh minutes time for forty No, unacceptable for mine. I want to play. Now you turn the cameras on. Now take us up to this sage. Turn the cameras on then, well can't. No, we don't have anyone here. It'll wait. No, unacceptable. How about you? What do you think? He says to Alexander, said, you know what I want to mind being on TV. Okay, turn the cameras on now we do it. No, no, you don't know. We can't. So Martin says, sit down, deal, tell us the deal, a deal, deal, deal, They start dealing. We obviously can't do it. Martin wins a little bit, you know, maybe ten minutes later he wins, we take the chips up to the main stage. Break starts in the in the in the main event, which means we're going to be bringing the table up there pretty soon. I make the chips look so pretty, best chips that I've made, all serious. Okay, put the hippo on the top. I did it all for him. He leaves for fifteen minutes where this guy's out of control. We're like, I tell I'm like, okay, I tell the flaws. Okay, we're bringing a table up. You need to bring them to this table right because we'll have the break for toy. So we'll like fifteen minutes to the break. They can set the chips up on table B. We'll finish the Martin show and then move them up. Okay, no problems. Man comes back outfit change. Okay, he's like Madonna. Okay, out for change. This guy he comes in, he's he comes in, he's on the phone texting, who knows what. He's walking around his pacing. We're all waiting for him. We're waiting. Okay. He goes over to the hundred kplo. Okay, we've got seven minutes left on the on the break clock. Now, I said, mart we need to shoot your photo. He goes, I am busy. I need two minutes. I go, you don't have two minutes because I'm going to pack up your chips and we're not going to take a winner's photo. And he goes, do you want the winners photo or do I want the winners photo? I go, we want the winner's photo, but I don't care that much. So we have a tournament to move, and he goes, okay, okay. He gets back up in there. Thirty seconds that's taking for I haven't even finished. He starts taking the photo. He throws some chips. We lose the chips under the for thora photographers and media there. We did find them. They were rescued by the dealers.
Speaker 1: I throw the chips.
Speaker 2: It's modern Cabrell. Nothing he does make sense to take his photo. We saw the Natalie Bodi interview of him yelling, screaming like the crazy man he is.
Speaker 1: That interview. That is so I'm so fired.
Speaker 2: Up today about Mountin Cabrele, the.
Speaker 1: Interview he did. So we throw to an interview with Natalie Body. I mean, God bless her soul because she had a fucking deal with Martin Cabrel up there doing the Winter interview and he like she kept trying to, like, you know, end the interview, and he just kept going with stuff. But even before the interview, because I can see some of the before on the stream, you know, before they actually like push it to the stream. He like he like took her hand and was like looking closely at her ring finger because she's engaged.
Speaker 2: You know, you didn't even miss the best part. I don't think it was on the kind of she stands on this side right where you're Martin, I'm Natalie. Yeah, and the he's ready to the interview, and he goes, why this side? Is this your best side? Before she even said says something, okay, he goes, let's switch sides. I said, I switched sides, and that's why he's on this side and she's on this side. Now we're not saying Natalie has a good side or a bad side. We're not saying Martin has a good side or a bad side. But it was just he's just inside.
Speaker 1: He really he really is insane. Well, it was an insane accomplishment for him to top the one thousand dollars buying mini main event. As I said, ten thousand seven or ninety four entries, Martin Cabrell comes out on top of them all eight hundred and forty three thousand dollars for him, a absolutely wild run for him to the winner circle, excuse me, his fourth WSOP gold bracelet. And then he hopped right into the Wspmion event and just continued on with the Martin Cabrell show.
Speaker 2: So I believe he changed back into the outfit. He won the Mini Maine events from Orange to Black to.
Speaker 1: Orangey this guy, I mean this guy. I will tell you that when we put him on the feature table, the fans freakingly they love this guy. They absolutely love this guy. My co commentator for the day, Tristan Wait, not so much a fan now, but we had fun in the booth anyway with the whole thing. So Martin Cabrell, congratulations to him. Winner of the WSP Mini Main Event. Alexander Yen finished in second place. Badim Lapaca finished in third. John Ishak finished in fourth. There was a little mishap where he like mucked his hand or something. Did you see that?
Speaker 2: I did not see that one, So Ishak.
Speaker 1: He shoved six big blinds and he was called by Cabrel before he realized that his cards had been mucked, and the floor ruled that he forfeited the minimum Rays, which awarded the pot to Cabrel, and then a few minutes later, Cabrell took the rest of Shak's chips. I get it, you gotta protect your hand, but that's just an unfortunate situation. What are you gonna do. Let's hit on this one hundred k PLO high roller because it is down to seven. Yeah, one hundred and twenty one entries total. I think I said one hundred and twenty two. I'm pretty sure I said one hundred and twenty two hundred and twenty one entries total.
Speaker 2: May how yeah, which I said one ten and you up into one twenty two And I said.
Speaker 1: Let mean this close, this freaking final seven. It's Isaac Jackson, Seawande, Latarro the God Guera, Arthur Morris, Alex Fox, and Phil Ivy and Sean Rafael. What in God's name is this fild table?
Speaker 2: We can obviously justify all the other guys. Some people might not know what I'm Sean Rafael just did finish the place so fourth place in the ten KPLO Championship, but was regardless he used to play the Big Games on full tilt and stars. Although so he is not he is still a big name, even though he may not be as popular as some of these others. But yeah, this is Is this the best final table we've had a world series? It might it might be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're guaranteed for one hundred nineteen thousand dollars is almost three million dollars up top. We might be streaming this one on Thursday. It kind of depends on how long it takes. Okay, so the tentative plan right now, and please don't hold me to this because I don't know if this will actually come to fruition again. It decides or it depends on how long it takes. They're going to start playing at one pm, and then if it does extend into when we get everything going with it main Event, we're going to basically keep streaming that like it'll I mean, the way that I understand how it was told to me is it'll be main Event table and PLO table, and we'll be bouncing back and forth between that, which will be cool. So we'll see how that one goes again. Three million buckaroos up top in the one hundred k pl D. Next cash Nick Shulman cash Nick Shulman twelfth for two hundred nine k dani and McGrane two hundred nine k as well, which I believe puts everyone up. You gave me shit yesterday. We're saying that now. I think he is free going the rest of the summer.
Speaker 2: No, he could still lose.
Speaker 1: He's free rolling summer. He's free rolling the rest of the summer. All right, six hundred doll our Poker News Deep Stack Championship. There are fifty five players remaining after day two. We have Dan Shill. He was on no gamble in the future. Once he was, he was. He's the chip leader with fifty five left. What do we got here? We got three hundred and two thousand dollars up top for the winner. Dan Shill leads the way we else we got anyone of note in this thing. I barely look so don't like Rubin? He final table?
Speaker 2: What are he?
Speaker 1: Final table? The was it the Milli Maker? Was it the Monster Stack? One of those monster stack? I think, yeah, Monster Stack? Ivan Rubin fourth place in the Monster Sick. He's still alive in this thing, which is crazy, Dorian Rios, I recognize that name. Race the winner Aditya Shushant is also in there as well. And then we got the eight hundred dollars summer celebration, which I'm assuming is basically look an eight deep SAX tournament.
Speaker 2: He's a glasson over the Okay, start the High Load Championship. Shit, sorry, that's a ten K started High Low Championship. We're down to four players. They backed very early tonight. Maybe they need a little beauty sleep King high Pan as a chip leader. He's got twenty six big bets, Luke Schwartz, David Lynn sixteen big bets, Luke Woolflash Schwartz ten big bets, Andrey Zigelow multi Brasier winner. I believe four big bets. So those four are left. They are guaranteed one hundred and thirty two thousand, playing for four hundred and eleven thousand. Alex Livingston, he was outing seventh, with Victor blom Out in tenth, fill Helm with thirteenth place, and yeah, that is the start High Low Championship into a day four.
Speaker 1: So also something that I glossed over my stupid fault here, but donny up Martin Cabrell took the lead and to be Player of the Year race. Now, something else that I thought was interesting is that did you know that Benny Glauser. First of all, one, I think it's kind of absurd that he's he got overtaken by Martin Carroll.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: Benny Glauser wasn't even technically qualified, correct, because you have to have five cases. That sounds incredibly dumb. If you win, if you win' no, I'm saying it sounds dumb. If you win four bracelets and then go home, you're one thousand percent the player of the year.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Like that sounds.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous roose rules.
Speaker 1: That's that's why these rules are silly.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't mind five cashes. Five cash is not that hod When you have one hundred and thirty three events.
Speaker 1: What if you in four bracelets?
Speaker 2: Okay, like, okay, you money?
Speaker 1: Speaking of speaking of the god pg T PLO series a couple of years ago, Lataraguerra three cashes, three wins, What if the qualifier was four cashes.
Speaker 2: I would never do that, Yeah, exactly, because you have a like because we have ten we had eight or ten events. This is one hundred and thirty three events. I think you can put a cash qualify. I think that's five might not be in.
Speaker 1: You're going to say you're going to win ten, So in your world, yes, you know somebody could do they have do they have a cap on it too?
Speaker 2: There is a there is only one online cash counts max and then I believe it's nine live cashes. Don't have to have an online But if you were to.
Speaker 1: Win four, if you were to win four bracelets, those are only four cashes, bad luck. Seems like you should one thousand percent be of the player.
Speaker 2: You have, shit creak. He's a bigger problem. What happens if I win seven? Yeah, you had me seven online bracelets? I mean I need to get one. Only one counts. That's not fair too, though.
Speaker 1: That is not fair too. That is unfair.
Speaker 2: Yes, there is some there is some flaws, but I don't think the five cash minimum is a big enough floor. When you have one hundred and thirty three events or one hundred and thirty events, I think that's perfectly fine heading into the World Series knowing that you need to have five cashes, especially when you have Here's the thing we've got to remember, mister, your millions monster stack. All these events that where you can cash on Colassus Gladiator is a poke you can cash on day one, right, So it's not one hundred and thirty events. It's more like one hundred and fifty events that you can cash in.
Speaker 1: Still seems silly.
Speaker 2: So I think it's completely fine if anything that's up that number to ten, let's make it. Let's make it even tougher for these guys. I am going to go over to the Dollar Summer Celebration Anderson. So this is yes, the Francis Anderson Invitation Day one A. Looks like they got a little bit over three thousand entries the chip counts. I'm already looking at the top of the check counts. I cannot pronounce any of these names.
Speaker 1: Roll off pepping, Yep, we'll take that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Cool is the chip leader. It looks to be with two point seven seven five million pay Lee is up there in chips Bracelet winner Tom Fuchs also up there and chips brace the winner Gary Gates, Oh, run of the show, A friend of ours looks like he bagged a pile of chips. I'm assuming they're in the money, right.
Speaker 2: Look how today won a so probably you can probably play down through to the money, right. It's one of those ones. So they played a five percent I would think, so yeah, that one six ye, that's about five percent, so that it's probably something like where they play to the money or twenty two levels, whatever that number is to get through to the next day.
Speaker 1: Four Dutch players finished in the top ten.
Speaker 2: The Duchies are back. Are you know he just showed up up yesterday? According to Jim Marien, you know.
Speaker 1: Not just show He's been here for a while, all right, So that one's obviously got a long way to go. So let's slide on over to the ten K eight game Championship. Kang Zou leading the way. John Turner and Nate Silver are also up there in chips. That's the top three. Aaron Coopen fresh off his bracelet. They don't have an Aaron Coopen bracelet badge on Poker News. I mean, what are we doing? I mean, what do we do?
Speaker 3: What do we do?
Speaker 1: You gotta say, I mean, what are we doing here? He's fourth? Brian youwn fifth? You got Jordan Griff last year's running up in the WSP Man Event. He's in there, Mark Gorodinski, Eric Wasserson for Britzio Gonzales dam, John Rodenof. He's actually doing something in a WSP event. Darisa Martino, Paul Volpi. That's the top twelve there. Just quickly scanning down, we got Brian Tate seventeenth and Chips co founder. We're a founder and CEO of Oates overnight somewhere on.
Speaker 2: This table here, there's a lot of us on this thing.
Speaker 1: Alex Livingston, bag Chips, David Baker, which one uh od b Chris Clausen aka Spewey Jen Harmon. Are any of our boys like in this tournament? Were we just screwed? Yeh, We're just screwed. We're so cooked in fantasy this is not even funny. Chris Moneymaker, I think I saw his name in there too, So that's the ten K eight game. But of course this one, one hundred and sixty six entries does have registration for day two. That's what we got there. This one was won by Calvin Anderson last year. Wait, Vanessa's selves played guess so random player of the day af Where the heck has she been? We have right here?
Speaker 2: We need to put eyes on these plays.
Speaker 1: Vanessa selves made a surprising appear yearance in the field today, okay, and she bagged one hundred and eighty eight thousand and five hundred, So good, Vanessa Selves is back, probably probably one of those coming out play the main. Yeah, you know, I'll just fire in this before and then I'll hop in the main after would be my Yes. So tomorrow or today, Thursday, July third, we obviously have Day one B of the WSB main event. What else we got? We had Day one B of this eight hundred all or Summer celebration. Francis Anderson invitations.
Speaker 2: Santas invitation. It does continue with day one B. We also have a you know event right up your ralley if you weren't playing the main twenty five hundred no limit, hold them freeze out that.
Speaker 1: That sounds a good event.
Speaker 2: That kicks off, and that's it tomorrow for tomorrow, okay, Thursday, July third, most importantly the World Cup of Vegas in the morning, Team in the USA coming for trophy number three. Yes, I am team.
Speaker 1: And where can I bet against Team USA?
Speaker 2: I'll take those bests?
Speaker 1: Cool, let's go.
Speaker 2: You have no faith. You need to have more belief in our country.
Speaker 1: Okay, we bleed, not not anti gambling bill. They're about to I have zero in the dat. I don't have a zero faith in this country anymore. All right, Well, let's just get on out of here. It's late. We should go home get some sleep. His name is Tim Duckworth, My name is Donnie Peters, and we will talk to you guys next time you
Speaker 3: Express