Speaker 1: Is Michael Garfer.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 3: In the high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans.
Speaker 1: To make life easier, new technology, and Michael Garfield has something you might like.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio add now you're high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: A nice warm studio in Houston, Texas, as I do the long running a high Tech Texans show. What a week this is. I swear I could be the new Ted Cruise. And I I say that with respect from a man who somehow just happens to leave town during inclement weather, be it a freezer or hurricane. I did it again unexpectedly in Houston earlier this week there was a snowstorm. You talk about hell freezing over on Monday evening early Tuesday morning, the Houston area got pelting. If you're listening in Houston, if not, if you're around the state of Texas, I'm sure you are cold too. And if you're around the country on iHeartRadio, you're probably realizing it's pretty chilly. But it rarely snows in parts of Texas and certainly Southeast Texas. I have been in Houston thirty years or so, and maybe in the thirty years it has snowed three times, four times of any sort of accumulation, and I think every time it snowed over those thirty years, I've been out of town. And I won't even talk about the hurricanes I've missed too. Monday, I had an expected for several weeks trip out of town, and they had already said that they're going to close The city of Houston said they're going to close both airports, Hobby and Intercontinental, and I was worried if I was going to get out of there. I get to the airport Monday at Hobby, I fly out Southwest, my preferred airline of choice. By the way, flight takes off at five o'clock, I believe they shut down the airport a few hours later. I was one of the final and last planes to get out before they shut it down on Tuesday, and sure enough, the snow came in and I was nowhere near the state of Texas. In fact, I am still as we do the show this weekend, nowhere near the state of Texas ladies and gymen, I'll tell you where I am. I am in the state of California. Normally I am in socout. I have two sons who live in southern California, Los Angeles area. By the way, they are fine with the fires. Thank you so much for asking. A lot of people certainly have. But this past week, since Monday evening, I have been in no count northern California. I used to love San Francisco. San Francisco is just a beautiful city. It's it's it's kind of weird. Now it's kind of dangerous. Right now. I am just south of San Francisco, about an hour south with traffic, of course, because this is my first time, believe it or not, the high Tech text in his very first time, formerly in Silicon Valley, I have been in San Jose, California. Sing it with me. People, If you're a Dion Warwick fan, do you know the we descend whose a? Actually I was a little b backrack there San Jose, California, because I am here for us. I've been here quite a bike quite a bit this week for the big press conference and the launch of Samsung's brand new smartphone line, the Galaxy S twenty five three new phones that I am going to spend a nice portion of today's program taking your questions going over the new phones that I have and played with and have one. Actually, I'm sitting here with several phones and my laptop connected to the World Wide Web, so I can bring you these dulcet tones of my radio show. If you hear some buzzing or a phone going off, it's gonna take me a few seconds to figure out which one is a buzzing, and I'll shut it down. But for those of you who are big Android fans and who are big Sandsunk fans, and you know, if you're a long time listener, I am one of those people, guilty as charged, and I was very excited to take a first hand look, a first look, and I am gonna rub it in because for all you others ayo out there that you have not seen it yet, because it does not hit the streets until February seventh, you can pre order it as of earlier this week. I will tell you the difference between the Galaxy S twenty five, the S twenty five plus and the Monster S twenty five Ultra. What changes have been made, if any, on the hardware, and what changes absolutely were made on the software. Two big letters that you could probably guess as I'm just two weeks removed from cees that were very prevalent in the press conference. And the things that I'm playing with is AI artificial intelligence. Samsung continues to go all in on AI, as many many other tech companies are, and some of the features are very cool, I must say. And again, I've had the phone in hand for about two days right now, and I'm getting more used to it. It feels sleek, and particularly the S twenty five Ultra, which is the big boy. You know. I'm used to Samsung's foldable phones with the flip phones. Now I'm back to the big hershey bar, the bar of soap size phone, and it is quite large, but it is redesigned with the hardware and the software is pretty pretty cool and unique. I think you were going to like it. I like what they have done with the price, because I'll give you the laws leader right here, I'll bury the lead. They haven't done anything with the prices. Samsung has kept the three phones the exact same prices as the three different S twenty four models last year which we will go over to. But was able to spend a lot of time with a lot of my ilk other people technology journalists, reviewers and YouTubers and influencers who are much younger than I with their thoughts, and I will kind of mix that in with my thoughts. But if you are again a longtime listener, you know generally I am a big Android guy. I do not own an Apple phone. Apple who does not know even though I am so close right now to Coopertino. I am very close to Coopertino. They Apple has no clue who the high tech textan is, which is why I don't really talk about Apple products. They don't send me any I don't get them, I don't play with them. I'm just not in the Apple ecosystem. I'm not a hater. It is just a fact. There are a lot of companies who don't send me let me test and review, even for a matter of thirty days or whatever it is that I'm happy to send products back. Apparently they aren't proud of their products, that they don't want a big voice and face and TV and radio to talk about it. Well, then I won't talk about it then, But I do thank Samsung, specifically Nicole and Jane and Dale and Michael and a lot of the folks on the PR side with the internal and the external parts of the company who were kind enough to help me get out to the San Jose, which by the way, should keep a review. Said, let me give I got to get out of here about a minute for the first break, San Jose. I like the weather. It's certainly not snowing here in San Jose, when everybody was buried in the snow in Houston that I was got. I can look at the mountains. I'm in my hotel room right right now in downtown San Jose. The weather is it's crisp, it's cool. I can dig it. But I gotta say, this is a sleepy town. Has anybody been to San Jose. Let me give you the phone number three four six twenty nine texts and that's how you can hit me for the next hour and forty five minutes or so. Three four six two nine Texan. We've got Collum back in studio. He'll put you through to me if I want to take some phot calls. Certainly, I'm on all the social media channels X and Blue Sky and Facebook and Instagram, where I posted a lot of videos and photos of these new phones. You can hit me high Tech text and Hi g h T E C h T e x A M. Not much to do in San Jose, I gotta say, just downtown. It's kind of a sleepy it's a sleepy hood. But we can get into that later. Michael Garfield is the name. It is the High Tech Textan show. Gonna have a fun snapping a lot of reviews. And oh, by the way, TikTok made some news. You guys back on TikTok. Well it's I guess people are still scrolling because the doomsday came and went. So there is a new president. The TikTok is still up. Netflick has raised its prices, more controversies in Hollywood with AI, I have got it all as we do count down to the Super Bowl. With no Texas teams in there so much to talk about. On this weekend's edition of The High Tech Text and Show. You just can't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: Stay right there, Fox twenty nine, Texas.
Speaker 1: That is the only school phone number. But then again, this is an old school show. In the new world, the new technology consumer lifestyle world. Michael Garfield. It is the High Tech Texans Show, and if you want to talk, ask questions about everything from the brand news Samsung phones that you may have been reading about. I am doing the show from San Jose, California. I know the way to San Jose, California, thanks to Southwest Airlines and actually the nice folks at Samsung for helping me get up here. I've been here most all week, missing the snow in Houston and the cold weather in Texas. I'll be back soon. People don't worry about it. But big Samsung press conference was held in San Jose on Wednesday, and we got to play with and I still am playing with in reviewing, and I'll give you my thoughts on the new Samsung Galaxy S twenty five series, especially the S twenty five Ultra, the Monster, the Big Dog, AI enabled everywhere, new hardware, rounded edges. It's quite nice. Same price as as last year S twenty fours, which we'll get into should I I want to hit TikTok here real quick though. Okay, I don't want to make this all Samsung in phone centric, even though I'm go yet, You, my dear listeners, you do provide me everything that is happening with what is going on? So if you want to change the subject, I'm your guy. But there was a little bit more news earlier this week. We got a new president. How about that. We have a new national champion in college football? No Ohio State not too happy about that because my longhorns were not. There. A lot of things happen. I mean, hell, listen, Trump takes Officehio State wins. Hell Freeze is over in Houston. I mean, this is this is what we're living with over here. But then again, in the tech world, something happened two days before inauguration. It was a week ago, last Saturday. Because all of a sudden it happened. You know the old adage, where were you when the lights went out? Where were you when TikTok went down? And true to the administration's words, TikTok went down in the United States. Now I didn't know it until I started getting barraged with emails and phone calls and screenshots with that little pop up saying capcut is no was currently not available in the United States because I don't use it. I never have used TikTok. I know, I know I'm supposed to. I am the high tech textan. But it's so I can only handle so many and I want to handle only so many social media apps. There's there's no one reason why I never downloaded TikTok. To me, TikTok was a little late to the party. I mean, if I look at Facebook from back of the day and then Twitter, those are the two big boys that were launched, you know, way back when the first you know, big social media is and then I had you know, obviously I'm on LinkedIn, and then there's What'sapp even though it's not social media, and it's a blue sky that I'm playing around. But TikTok when it had launched, maybe I assumed and thought it was just for the younger set, and I think it kind of was. And now TikTok is a major major player when it comes to social media, certainly for not only people how to dance and you know, get dressed with me, get ready with me, or whatever, but also for corporations. Corporates companies use it to great marketing opportunities. I totally understand that, But I never downloaded, not really because it was owned it is still owned to this minute by byte Dance, which is a Chinese based company, which is the reason for the potential band that it did go down. I just didn't have it. So that being said, I didn't know what it went down, so it didn't affect me whatsoever. Now I know my youngest son was not happy because my youngest son, he's twenty four, he is to some extent along with this real job, he is a social media influence. There. Gosh, I hate that tar, but he's an influencer and he makes a good amount of kwan by posting some fun, fun videos on Instagram and TikTok and so you know, he was texting me and when we had to talk, he goes, man, what's he goes, TikTok is down. That's that's not good for me. And you know, listen, when it now cuts into your livelihood and your business of how you make money. I understand that side of the uproar. I'm all for everybody making moulah in money, all right, And so I felt bad for that, But at the end of the day, I knew something was gonna happen. You just don't kill and stop an app that has what three hundred million users or whatever it is in the United States. For so long. But sure enough it was down Saturday afternoon, but by Sunday morning ish, less than twenty hours or so, it seemed to ah suddenly pop back up. And you know who took the credit for that. But apparently there is now a seventy five day reprieve and while the executive order to allow the new administration. And again this is all politics, which I just don't get into politics, but in this case it is politics. And so the new administration is going to give itself an opportunity to determine the appropriate course of action for TikTok and hopefully create an American joint venture with at least fifty percent of it being controlled by US interest. And it goes on and on, and now we've got people for like Elon Musk and mister Beast and there, you know, just a rumor of that they may potentially buy the fifty percent of it. You know what, I want some media too. Maybe we could start a rumor that the high tech text and wants to buy fifty percent of it. Hey, I'll pull my money together with anybody. You know, I got a few shekels here and there. I'm more than happy to buy one billion to one percent of TikTok. That's all I got. So TikTok was not what affected me though, And this is to prove to you that I'm not really afraid of the Chinese steeling my data because I really have zero secrets to hide. TikTok or Sorry byt Dance owns a number of other companies another a number of other apps, one of which is one of my favorite apps that I have downloaded that they are quote unquote taking my data. And it's a video editing tool and you're probably familiar with it, but it's called cap cut. I love cap Cut. I'm doing more and more videos on Instagram and YouTube and whatever, and cap cut has got to be one of, if not the easiest video editing apps out there. I have long said that since I've been using that well over a year. My kids use it and what have you. Yes, it is owned by byt Dance, they have my email, they've got all my photos that I've uploaded. But dang, it is easy. Sure enough, that went down also on Saturday. Now at that point it starts affecting me because I can't edit my videos using my favorite editor, and so again I even go to my son, my youngest son. I said, what are you using to edit your videos? And he gave me like two or three other free downloadable video editing tools which are not nearly as simple as as cap cut. But he goes, this is what I used to use before cap cut was around, and luckily I didn't need to make any videos. But I'm thinking if TikTok was coming up again, cap cut needs to come back up again. Well, I will tell you cap cut did not come back until like Tuesday morning, and so it's funny how TikTok came online, but it took it two extra days for capcut. As of right now, cap cut is back and unluckily I'm gonna use it. So I guess the whole point is this is this is a government play, and I never liked government plays when it came to business. And I want to go back to when I used to work at Microsoft. One of my first jobs ever was at Microsoft. It was what was in the nineteen nineties or well, I guess my first job. It was one of my first few jobs and it worked in Microsoft. And this is when Microsoft Windows was had to go up again in court and they were being lawsuits because of Windows and the Internet Explorer browser were forcibly being put onto every single laptop and desktop paper made and blah blah blah. And to me, I mean, it's not like I was trying to protect Steve Jobs at Steve Job. Sorry about that, Big Bill Gates. But here is a guy, Bill Gates who, oh, by the way, started a company called Microsoft way back in the day. He a brilliant man. He made it incredibly incredibly successful company. He was so successful that now our own government was coming after him, and that really ticked me off. And that turned me as one of the reasons. It just kind of I get turned off with the government, the politics, and to me, it was a message that Americans and again let's talk about Microsoft, which is American company. Americans, now what's giving them a mode of motivation an entrepreneurship of anybody, of making an incredibly incredibly successful company where your own government is coming after you. It's a cynical way of looking thing, maybe, but also I think it's a realistic way that I started seeing things back in the nineteen nineties. Well nowadays it's the same thing. Listen, Other than the borders of China, United States, which it's again that's above the pay grade and whatever. Are they stealing things data from us? I don't know whatever, that's not the point. But here's an incredibly successful company and now we've got governments going, well, you can't do this or you want a piece of this. It's like, man, it's just because I'm a pro business guy. I really really am. I'm an entrepreneurial pro business guy. But here's where we are. As we get to a break here at the bottom of the first hour of the High Tech Textian show, TikTok is back running. We've got about what two and a half three months before the administration currently right now, it's going to have to take a look of how TikTok is going to continue to run. Is an American company going to get fifty percent of it or one hundred percent of it? We don't know. But I'm going to give you the phone number one more time. People three four six twenty nine textan Where were you when the lights went out? Did it affect you personally if financially or did you didn't? Did you take a step back? And I want you to think about this. Did you take a step back? You know what? I actually talked to somebody. I didn't get online. I wasn't doom scrolling. I went out and walked my dog. I talked to neighbors because, after all, and I want you to remember this, It's just an app. It's just an app. For the first eighty percent of my life I lived without an app. I live without an app, and I was fine with it. Yes, I'm kind of addicted some app, addicted to some apps right now. But where Harway is a society? Do we need this stuff? Some people do for businesses and they make money. But if all you do is sit there and doom scroll to see what somebody had for breakfast, or what lipstick somebody's wearing, or a beauty tip or a dance tep man, where are we right now that people freak out to think of you see more than technology. I'm a think and a doer. Michael Bardom It is the Hi Tech Texan Show, right the Hi Tech Texan Show coming to you from northern California, Silicon Valley. I probably should do more Silicon Valley people. I probably need to do more shows up here. Actually, believe it or not. My first real time spent in Silicon Valley, San Jose, California, maybe one of the sleepiest cities I've ever seen. I really expected more. I mean, it's a pretty city. I'm like, I'm overlooking the mountains and what have you. But downtowntown, hose old people. It's a ghost town. There's no homeless people here. There's a few sandwich shops and buildings, a lot of hotels, a lot of hotels. God to go into the SAP Center where the San Jose Sharks, for you hockey folks play. That's where the Samsung Big press announcement launch was for the new Samsung Galaxy S twenty five series. Just north of here, about about an hour forty five minutes an hour, depending on what the traffic is. They know, by the way, there is traffic here. There is San Francisco. I'm not far from Levi Stadium where the San Francisco forty nine ers play, which is pretty cool. I actually passed that a few days what was it two nights ago, because I went to the city of San Francisco. Thank you again to Samsung. They want us to play around with the Galaxy S twenty five Ultra and they said, you know, we're going to show you some sights and let you do some things. And they said, Michael, you are also one of the biggest sports fans that we know who also covers technology. We are going to take you to a Golden State Warriors game. Steph Curry, me, eighteen thousand other friends got to go to the Chase Center. It's a pretty new complex, great gorgeous, very technologically advanced basketball arena in concert arena right there, not too far from the Bay Bridge. And I got to play with the phone and I got to see the Warriors play the Chicago Bulls. Very fun. It was cool. So it's a lot of very sports centric town, sports centric city up here. But other than that, you go down to San Jose and it was quiet. San Jose was rockin' though on Wednesday at the SAP Center in the morning, because that is where the I think I say is the president of Samsung Mobile. He was there, maybe Apollo of Samsung, A lot of the partners and worldwide media including Wah We're there and we got to hear all the new things about the Samsung Galaxy S twenty five series. I am taking your questions three four six twenty nine, Texan, t X an Callum Reid he may if he feels like it, he may pick up your phone calls and put you through, but I will answer them. Is it worth it is? What are the prices? Is it easy to hold? Should I hold off and get this to an iPhone? I'm not going to sit here and compare other manufacturers, at least today. I do want to talk about a lot of news that I saw and learned about the three new phones of the Galaxy S twenty five series. As expected, they did announce the trio of their flagship smartphones really kind of with a one stop shop approach to AI. Shockingly, artificial intelligence. Every single company is already hopped on the AI bandwagon. I saw a lot of new capabilities and some performance improvement that probably are going to entice new buyers, would be buyers, even those who aren't even interested in AI, although I probably will tell you some features that actually work in pretty well. It was last year that Samsung proclaimed everybody did it. This is the this is the year of AI. It's the year of AI, all right, And not because new phones were AI enabled. It's just I think consumers wanted to buy new devices because you know, there were new opportunities. It was about time it was at the economy, whatever was that they needed a new phone, a new upgrade. And if you are in the mood of the manner right now for an upgrade, you may want to think and consider about the things that I see. Now. I'm not paid by Samsung. I sure the hell wish I was, because I've probably sold more Samsung products than a lot of people who also are in media, because I've long been a Samsung fan and an Android fan. Now I play with a number of other Android phones. I just got finished reviewing the one plus thirteen, which I think is a really good phone. But I've long been a Samsung fan because they have been kind enough to, you know, let me play with them, and so I'm getting very familiar with them. And I do like, you know, the Google operating system or Android opera system from Google and Alphabet. But let's start with the fact that these cameras are stupid awesome. For the longest well not for the longest time. I've had the Galaxy S twenty four Ultra Re. It's the big one and it's almost too large for me to carry. But for the past year, even though I didn't, it wasn't my daily carry phone. It has long been probably the best video camera and photo camera that I've ever seen, or maybe any company, in my opinion, has ever put into a smart phone. For the TV stuff that I shoot on Channel eleven KHOU in Houston, it is just as powerful, probably as a ten twenty thirty thousand dollars television camera. I use that to shoot high resolution videos and segments I shoot photos, and it has been phenomenal. So I expected everything on the S twenty five this year's version to be just as big, and they delivered. There are not one not to but there are three and four four. There are four rear facing lenses on the Ultra twenty five series, and certainly this year the twenty five and one of them has been upgraded the Ultra Wide format. It was last year twelve megapixels. It has now been upgraded to fifty megapixels. And so let's take a count. There's a primary camera two hundred megapixels. There's a dual photo lenses. There's two of them. There's a fifty megapixel and a ten megapixel. But that Ultra Wide went from twelve to fifty megapixel and a lot and Samsung did a lot of research in whatever they were, you know, they were blowing smoke or just you know, you know said, this is the fact that more and more people are actually using these ultra wide lenses to actually take you in a more a larger scenery and family, you know, big family, you get togethers or whatever you want to do. And I do that too. As I'm looking outside my hotel window right now, I'm overlooking these mountains up here in San Jose, California, I want this big ultra wide photo without you know, using panoramic or something. And so it's nice that the lenses are better. So from the two it's it's an edge. Really. If you look at some of these other phones out there, I mean Android competitors, they do bundle maybe one or two or maybe tops three fifty megapixel cameras. And I told you I want to compare it, but I will give you this one. I'm the highest niphone, which is the iPhone eighteen Pro Max. I believe there's two forty eight megapixel lenses and a twelve megapixel telephoto lens. And so now we've got something a little better. Now I'm not even getting into the AI et so let me just kind of give you the whole everything else is going on. There is a new processor. There is a new processor. This is exclusive to Samsung, all right. It is called the snap Dragon eight Elite for a Galaxy now I know. Also the one plus thirteen just came out with a new snap Dragon eight. I believe it's a lead, but this is four Galaxy. Whether they just slap the name on it, I'm not sure. But it's a custom chipset that logs performance an efficiency, and so far in the two days that I've been played with this film, it is fast. And snap Dragon is very very proud of this, so much so that I got a press release from this thing. Let's see if I can find this for the snap There it is. It's a snap Dragon eight Elite, it is, and I'm quoting this from a press release from Snapdragon, which is nice that they got my name. It's the most powerful, world's fastest second generation custom qual Come ori ion CPU. It's a game changing GPUs, so do I. It has Premium five G WI Fi because it's got a Snapdragon x eighty five g modem RF system. If anybody kick cares or connects about that. It is the first commercial device to feature snap Dragon Satellite and that allows customers to send and received messages via satellite natively, that is supported an Android operating system and it is on device multi modal Gin AI because it has that personalized AI assistant that does interact with you, that understands your voice and your text and your images and they can now see everything through that camera. So there is your your processor now again next either the next, next seven, next hour, I'm gonna talk about where you can get these things. Verizon and T Mobile they're already sending me stuff of you know what the prices are. You could do this thing. But the processor thing. Don't sleep on the fact that you need to have something fast. You need to have something that processes. Is because if you're if you're gonna have a conversational chat with AI with the Gemini AI system, if you will, you're gonna need something fast, and they do and a lot of the stuff now it's on board. There's a new user intervace too. Let me quickly hit about this. The user interface. It's called one UI, the O n E UI User Interface one UI seven, and that is the agent that is the thing that actually does a lot of this stuff for you. That's the what you see, that's what you touch, that's what you tap, and it is a little bit done, and it's really designed to be your assistant. It's going to figure out which apps to use and what it needs to do. You can everythink that you press a home button for a second or two and you could start talking and ask it a question. And there's something called the Personal Data Engine and what it does. It does it's going to learn what you're doing. It's going to build itself a to do list of what you want to do, what time you wake up, how you sleep, what your day looks like, what's the weather look like, and it's going to do it's it's it's a true, true smart assistant. It doesn't know me just yet. It's not it's not waiting for commands though. It's going to have to use and learn how I use the app. When I wake up? Is the first thing that I do is look on Facebook? Do I look on Instagram? Do I go to X Do I go to my newsfeed? Do I do I do I read my email? What do I do? It's going to summarize this for me. There is a new feature it's called the now button. The now button, and it's on the lock screen. It's a little small button and it is going to automatically build my day for me. He's gonna tell me what's going on. It's gonna go through things, and so in terms of intelligence, so far, I'm digging what they're doing. You may not utilize every single thing of the AI, you're going to learn to use it. It is a paradigm shift. And we're gonna continue to talk about this coming up. I will talk about the price and the carriers and answer some of your questions because that I see coming in at Michael at high Tech textsan dot com. Right now, don't go anywhere. We're gonna talk a lot more about the Samsung S twenty five series. It's got some TikTok questions too. And oh, by the way, yes, Netflix raised its prices. People as a time to kiss it goodbye. I will tell you my thoughts on that phone number. I'd be lovely your old nasty phone, while I'm timp with the two Samsung Galaxy S twenty five Ultra, but I'm sure your phone still works. It is Michael Garfield. It's three four six through nine texted three four six twenty nine textan if you're listening in Houston, shout out to KPRC nine to fifty am, San Antonio. How about you WAI twelve hundred am, the Big Blue Torch, Dallas, the Mighty Mighty eleven ninety. That's just the terrestrial stations where you've got the state of Texas covered. And if you're listening on iHeartRadio app or if you're listening to the show being podcasted, I guess you can't call in live, but feel free to email me. Because I'm a nice guy. I don't do anything I If I make a mistake, it's totally a mistake. I don't do anything wrong maliciously. I do know that, right Samsung, I'm more than happy to respond to your emails and give you some the best of my advice, which I like to think is good. Coming from San Jose, California. This week, just attended these Samson sung press conference for the new Galaxy S twenty five series, the S twenty five, the S twenty five plus and the S twenty five Ultra, and it's and I continue to play with the Ultra. I have it right here in my hand. If you do see me around town, over the next few weeks before I have to return this, come up and say, Michael, you mind a whip it and excuse me while I went this out, Can I see your Galaxy S twenty five Ultra. More than happy to show it to you. It has a six point nine inch display. And what's really interesting about the display. It's almost, if not the exact same size as last year's model, but the bezels around the end are thinner. They're smaller, which may gives it a little bit more display. Six point nine inch display, and when you hold it, the first thing I noticed is the the edges. Obviously there's four corners, if you will, they're not corners anymore. If you look at last year's Galaxy S twenty four Ultra, there were corners almost ninety degrees. Now they're rounded edges. They're more rounder edges. It kind of gives you a little bit more comfy grip. And you know, when you're holding it in one hand, you know sometimes that edge it's a point, and it sometimes it gives you a callous or hurts your thumb no longer. Samsung says it is the slimmest, it's the lightest and most durable Galaxy Ultra device ever, without a doubt. I mean, every time they're gonna come out with a device like that, it's always gonna be slimmer and lighter, more durable, and it has a titanium body. But then again, don't we all, I've been working out a lot. It's got a titanium body and to prevent or to have advanced drop protection and scratch resistance. It has cornings Gorilla Armor two, not one, but two, the second version of it. And so they're saying if you drop it, which a lot of people, a lot of people do tend to drop their phones, it's hopefully going to crack less and have less damage, which is nice. Last segment I talked about the phones. It's now has the cameras. It's got an ultra wide lens. It went from twelve megapixels to fifty megapixels, which is pretty good. Talked about the new snap Dragon eight Elite processor specifically made for the Samsung Galaxy at least in name only. This does continue the tradition of having an s pen kind of like the long the old Galaxy note. They don't make Galaxy notes anymore. They kind of call them Galaxy Ultras. It does have that pin. This no longer has a little Bluetooth enabled you remember the old and I never really used this feature. But you know, if you if you take there's a pen that there's a little pin holder that you can pop out and you can use it as a digital pen. You can you know, take notes, sign your name, and do anything on it, which is a neat feature. I personally never use that pin a lot. But it also was it was powered. It was a Bluetooth enable thing, and so you can take it and use it as a baton like a wand as a remote shutter, you know, to take take selfies. They took the Bluetooth out of that stuff. It's that's no longer anyway. Now it's just an actual s pen. And I don't know if I'm going to use it. That's me if you use it for business and you use your or you take notes as a student, or if you use an Excel spreadsheet or something. Yeah, and you can draw great drawing and sketching features too. Not me. I don't use it for that thing, but it's built in if I know it. The twenty five Vultra has twelve gig of ram twelve gigs of random access memory, and it does come in two hundred and fifty six gigs a five twelve gig And if you really want a lot of stuff to hold, like all your photos and videos, it's got a one terabyte storage. Two. I want to talk about prices right now. One of the things that I can appreciate is if a company lowers a price year after year on a similar product. E. Samsung did not do this, but I will tell you they didn't raise the price the S twenty five, the S twenty five plus, and the S twenty five Ultra compared to the S twenty four line, all three of them last year. They kept the price the same. So top of the line. If you want that S twenty five Ultra, it starts right about thirteen hundred dollars. If you want the S twenty five plus smaller, not a lot of hardware upgrades on that, that bad boy write about one thousand dollars ninety nine. And if you want the S twenty five, which is even smaller, again not a lot of hardware upgrades, but certainly it has the internal processing and the AI features. Starts at eight hundred dollars. We have an eight hundred dollars model, one thousand dollars model, and the thirteen hundred dollars dollar model. I'm not gonna tell you which one to get. It's up to you. Do you want a six point two inch smaller one? Do you want a six point seven inch display on THATS twenty five plus, or do you want the bigger one of the S twenty five plus. I'm a form factor guy. I like smaller phones. My daily carry is a Galaxy Samsung Galaxy Flip phone because the thing flips over fits in my pocket. I can flip it out, not fold, but I can flip it out and it becomes a regular sized phone. I'm going to try to use this for the next few weeks. Is my daily phone, the S twenty five. It's a big phone. It's I'm not going to have a little carrier that's gonna clip on my wallet, you know, like a clip of my belt like I used to. I generally keep these phones in my pocket. I keep them in my front pocket. But anyway, this thing's pretty big. I may keep this one in my back pocket. I don't like sitting on my phones, but I'm gonna try this thing. But It is a powerful phone. The AI is some cool stuff I talk to about. The new user interface. The Samsung's one UI seven, the seventh version of a thing. It's they put that on top of the Android fifteen. So it's a new AI integrated OS. It's got the Samsung. It's got AI because it's got the Samsung Gemini, which is now interactive. I can have an actual conversation of this thing. One of my favorite features is still there. If you want to go see my Instagram, I'll show you actually use my Instagram or my YouTube. The circle to search one of the neat things out there. All you need to do is hold your camera or take a picture of something, and you press and freeze the press of that bottom part of that front screen and it freezes the camera. You take your finger in you circle, and as long as you're connect to the internet, it searches whatever you're looking at in so you can identify plants. It can then it to identify cars. It now can even listen and identify songs that are playing. That's why no longer do you need SoundHound or Shazai. That's right, you can listen to it too. Phones are getting smarter and I think, so far, in the forty eight hours that I've had this hands on the S twenty five Ultra, I am a happy camper.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: I don't know what else I can talk about this thing. I'm probably gotta get to it a few more times in the second hour, but questions, I am here for you. I will be reviewing this more. I'll have it on my Channel eleven Great Day Houston Show, and then I don't know what. Hopefully in the next week we can have two weeks to show it off. But so far, Samsung as always very happy. We'll do for Michael Garfield. It is the High Tech Texting Show. Thank you again to Nicole, so Michael, to Dale, to Jane and everybody else so for at Samsung, Berg and Rosy for having me here in San Jose, Sothing. We live to about one more hour of the High Tech Texting Show, so you cannot go anywhere. Fuckal up is Michael Garfi.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield. Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 3: In the High Tech Texan.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texan. Items to make life easier technology and Michael Garfield has something you might want.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the Iheartwadio Act. Now You're high Tech Texan Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: That's the beginning of the second hour of the High Tech Textan Show, which means we are halfway through the show, saying with me, my longtime listeners, we are halfway that happy hour. That's a weekend. Come on, man, it's still cold outside. It's always happy hour all the time. Just listen and drive responsibly. The phone number here at three four six twenty nine Texan if you've been listening for our number one for just joining in. I'm not in my Texas studio. We are traveling this past week. I am currently doing the show from San Jose, California. Silicon Valley is what they call this place. I've been here since Monday night, believe it or not, for Samsung. Samsung is hosting or they have hosted a big press announcement and launch of their new flagship smartphones, the Galaxy S twenty five, and I have currently been playing with the new S twenty five ultrend. Go back and listen to the podcast when we're done. Callum you're gonna put this podcast up right when we're done, Yes, sir, you can go to iHeartRadio, look for high Tech Texan or one of the terrestrial stations you're listening on, and you can listen from the beginning. I'll continue to talk a little bit more of the features as I continue to play with them. But AI is the thing. They're very proud of, the AI artificial intelligence features that they're putting in. Interesting note that I that the Samsung had said that said for at least the next year, all of the AI features on the phone are going to be free. Don't really know what that means is that like a teaser meeting, some of the AI features are not going to be free. At some point they're going to start charging. And that's where you really have to decide is this feature worth it? Now? I don't know which features, and it's it's probably just not for Samsung. I mean, let's look at the car industry, which I also cover. I mean, you know, the car manufacturers now they're trying to charge you know, monthly fees for you know, you know, automatic steering or you know, certainly we have the serious you know, you know, satellite radio that's totally different, but features of the car, and I don't think the public really pushed back on that. And that's where I as a consumer, a consumer lifestyle guy for you. I am out here for you to find you cool new products and devices and gadgets and processes to hopefully improve your life, your business, your health, but also save you some money too. For example, let's talk a little Hollywood, Hollywood. See what happened to Netflix? Big announcement from Netflix this past week. Netflix just announced a record subscriber, record number of subscribers. They added a ton of people. Guess who's going to the bank, Well, yeah, Netflix number one. But also you are stand by the big streaming giant. The big leader they host last year was big. They hosted a record breaking boxing match with Jake Paul and Mike Tyson for Good or Bad if you saw that thing. They hosted its first ever NFL games on Christmas Day, had a massive Beyonce concert from Houston. It was it was big. Netflix added nineteen million subscribers in the fourth quarter alone, and that's a new record for the company, and that surpassing even when they had COVID era issues where people weren't going on going anywhere they were at home. Netflix now has three hundred and two million subscribers, three hundred and two Now. Interestingly, they reported ten billion dollars in revenue, operating income of two point three billion in a margin of twenty two point two percent. That's huge. I mean, they surpassing their goals. They're expanding its advertising business and it's only going to get bigger. They debuted season two of Squid Games and I'm just reading some of the things that they'd done, and they previously had. They added five million subscriber subscribers in the third quarter, three hundred and two million people. That is a lot of people around the world. But the thing is what they're going to do. They figured out they were testing the NFL. They were testing these live boxing matches. Netflix is going all in on sports because sports is the number one driver when it comes to fewing live action. There is nothing like it. The NFL college football continue to be number one and number two. That's what people want. Look at Christmas and they hit a home run. They did a great Netflix really did a good job. They hired a lot of the broadcasters a on a one game or two game basis. They figured out the issues and the buffering issues that they screwed up with with the with the boxing match earlier in the year, and they did a good job. Now they're going to go all in. But it cost a lot of money for content. It cost a lot of money to broadcast an NFL game. You've got to go to Roger Goodell with your pocket and your wallet open. So what are they gonna do? Guess what? My when Netflix announced such good news that they have more subscribers, just this week, they announced it's raising its prices. That's right. Netflix just announced they're raising its first major, major price hike since twenty twenty three. Let me give you the breakdown, and the question is, at what point do you do you the consumers say, man, this is just too much, it's not worth it. So the cost of a standard advertising supported tier went from six dollars ninety nine cents to seven dollars ninety nine cents, So a dollar more and I'm gonna round everything up here to make it simple. So I went from seven bucks to eight bucks, and you're gonna get adverts, advertisements in there. If you want the premium tier, it went up by two bucks to twenty five dollars. The standard plan went from eighteen. It went from sixteen dollars to eighteen dollars. If you want to add an extra member on the plan without ads, it's going up from eight dollars to nine dollars. Prices are changing US Can to Portugal, Argentina, wherever my radio show is heard, and they kick in soon they kick in. I think they already kicked in for new customers, and they're going to start with the next billing cycle for you existing customers. This is the first price hike for this ad supported tier. Now, I have no problem personally with advertising running in. We're used to that from watching TV. We watch TV. How is TV free generally? I mean other than cable that TV is free because it is advertisers supported. You watch the commercials and you just keep on watching the game whatever. This radio station, I'd love to thank my advertisers, my partners, US Coins and Jewelries, Cabo, Bob's we go on and on and on. This radio show is free for you. Why because it's advertiser supported. I don't have a problem with that. Save you some money, but think how much? And I'm gonna leave you with this here for the next minute before we take a break, how much do you play for Netflix now that it's raised? How much do you pay for Amazon?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: I know which pay for Amazon? What is it? What about one hundred and fifty hundred and sixty bucks a year? All right, but you do get Prime Video, and then you have Disney Plus, and then you have Hulu, and then you have goes on and on and on. At some point your price, now your bundle may be more than what you used to pay for just your typical cable stations. You have to think about it. Sometimes just don't accept it, and then sometimes just go find a friend who has Netflix because they did crack down on password sharing. We're gonna come back where you're talking a little bit more Hollywood. There's a the Oscars were announced. I'll go through the annual. How many of the nominated movies haven't I seen? But osco Also there's a controversy in Hollywood with artificial intelligence. As we continue to talk from San Jose, California, Michael Garfield, this is the high tech texting slash Californian Show. You got to talk about the Netflix cargazine pricing and it just raise their prices. They're going to start getting in the game of bidding wars when it comes to INFL football. Speaking of NFL football, if you watch those two games on NFL Christmas Day, they actually did a good job of broadcasting. There really was no latency issues like they had with the the Mike Tyson Jake Paul fight earlier this year. But NFL we wonder, and I am an NFL I'm a broadcasting sports nut. This it's just a hobby that I follow. I look at the ratings, I look at you know, just the commercials and the rates and things. I've done it for years and years and years, and you know, at some point we wonder will the Super Bowl be on on a streaming app or on a paid platform, because we are now coming to the fifty nine This is what super Bowl fifty nine, I believe the fifty nine years it's been over the air, it has been either on CBS, NBC, ABC or Fox. I mean, that's it. And actually super Bowl One was on CBS and NBC together combined on both of those stations. And there's your history little for you right now. And at some point they could get a pretty big penny for putting it on there. But The thing is though, and this is how it works. Broadcast TV over the air, typical networks that are not on cable that you can just get an antenna and watch your television, which is pretty much limited to ABCCBS, NBC, Fox, PBS, Telemundo, and you got a lot of the other Spanish Chimp speaking channels. These are over the air stations. Over the air stations are generally and almost guaranteed they're going to give you higher ratings and more eyeballs than anything on cable. So give you example college football playoff this past Monday, Ohio State versus Notre Dame. It was seen by quote unquote only about twenty two million viewers because it was on ESPN only. Well, of course it was on ESPN two and a few other things. It was not on its sister over the air station ABC. It was not in the contract. Now, if it was on ABC, which means anybody with an antenna more sports bars could just typically turn it on, easier to find and access, there would be a lot more viewers. No, they decided not to do it. It was just ESPN only, and that's why the ratings were not as high as they thought. Also, was not a great game and the Longhorns won. And there. I mean, I can go on and on. I did see next year college football. They're putting it on ABC and ESPN, so guaranteed that's where the number is going to go up. And I'm talking about this it's because I do cover the streaming industry and what we watch and what we listen to and how much you pay. And at some point you have to determine is this worth it? What are we going to pay? I mean people are already up in arms like, oh my goodness, no, we have to have Amazon Prime, we have to have Netflix, we have to certainly have ESPN. If in we if we want to even watch every single NFL football game right now, then that's a lot of cash so versus back in the day, if we had an over there antenna, we can watch every single NFL game. And it's gonna change now, I will tell you this. And here's some related news when it comes to the when it comes to watching the Super Bowl, this year's Super Bowl will be televised by Fox, which means you are going to get a whole three or four hours of you were Tom Brady, who is going to be doing the color analysis for the game. But it is going to be in New Orleans, all right, shout out to New Orleans over there. Fox announced last week that this Super Bowl not only will be on over the air Fox, they're going to stream it live on t B tub I. Now, if you don't know what tuob is, that is a free, ad supported streaming service. So this coming February ninth, if you want to watch it and for some reason, I don't know, you want not to watch it on Fox, you can go to two B if you have two B and you can watch it. You're also going to be able to stream the game in four K for free. Now, don't take that statement lightly. We heard the turn. Let me tell you, let's talk a little TV, little video right now, most every single television that you're gonna buy is four K capable, if not even more. Oh, I know, there's eight K capables everything. The problem the issue is very very few shows content are shot and broadcast in four K. Odds are you've had a four K TV for a while. Odds are you've never seen an actual four K broadcast. Just doesn't work that way. It costs a lot of money, a lot of camera, a lot of compression a lot to look at things in four K. Fox is actually doing it. This is going to be in four K. If your TV and your you know, your two B service can actually pick up four K, you're gonna have to do some digging to do that. This is the first time, actually the Super Bowl is gonna be available on to B without a doubt. It's gonna be the biggest live sporting event yet on two B. Fox owns two B. They bought it at about that about five years ago. And this is about ninety seven million monthly active users online for this two B thing. So it's I'm interested to see and I'm probably gonna find it because I want to compare the best TV. You know, what's the best reception. And by the way, if you've ever compared a let's just talk about a football game. I'm by most everything, but it's a live football game of what a cable broadcast looks like. Look at the look at the pixels the screen, and then you quickly look at an over the air antenna. So say you're in Houston, Okay, you're on Fox. You're watching Fox twenty six over the air with an over the air digital TV antenna, which it's they're broadcasting right now, all right, you can Dallas, San Antonio wherever you can hear me right now, and then you look at the similar thing on cable there. It is unquestionably so much better when it's over the air because the video signal is not compressed, and it's also not delayed as much when you're watching something on cable, Like I'm watching an ESPN football game and I'm texting with my boys, and sometimes I get things twenty seconds they're commenting before I see something like I'm using Exfinity here in Houston, and it's just a delay over the air. There's a relatively well, there is always a little delay, but it's a shorter delay. So I always tell people, listen, if you're sick of paying for all your television, if you're picking sick of paying for cable, there is a way to continue to get your entertainment in your news without paying a freaking scent. Cut the cable cut, the satellite cut, the streamers cut, everything, the cut the internet. If you have an actual TV, you buy a TV, you plug it in, and you do have an antenna, you do need to go get in and antennas nowaday. You can get an antenna for fifteen bucks. You can get a really nice one for thirty dollars if you really want to make sure. And there are websites, and I think there's something on my high Tech text in dot com website of how to correctly tune and find the best play in your house or just outside of your house. To put an antenna so it picks up, you have to aim at you know, to where the you know, the the the antennis sticks are in your city, and then you are set. Now you're gonna watch over the air. You're gonna watch ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and all this other stuff. You're not gonna get ESPN. You're not gonna get Fox Sports. You're not I mean Fox Sports itself. You're not gonna get MSNBC. You're not gonna get all all the other stuff. Certainly not at HPO. But if you want to save some money, you want some you do like live sports, and you want to watch the local news and some of the thing, you can do it that way, if not literally, just see if you can steal somebody's password and go from there. I didn't say that. People absolutely did not say that, what's whatsoever? One more thing about? Uh yeah, I have a few minutes over so we're gonna talk. We're gonna get it back to tech. But this is something over here. The Oscars. The Oscar nominations were out this week. Did anybody see it? I used to see so many movies as a media member over here. I get invited to a lot of movie screenings in a given year. I get invited to time. But in a given year, I don't know what it is. And it's not COVID. But maybe because things now we could stream them, we can watch them on our TVs. But I could probably count on one hand the number of times I went into a movie theater in twenty twenty four, and that's about it. There was a few of them. I don't know. And so the movie the nominations come out for Best Pictures, and let's just quickly run through them, and I'm going to give you the ant or a thumbs up or down of what I've seen. Okay, here's something called Honora. Never heard of it. The Brutalist heard of it. I heard it's long, didn't see it. A complete unknown. Bingo ding ding, that's the Bob Delan epic with Timose shallow May. I did see that. Conclave, never heard of it. Dune Part two didn't see it. I think shallow May was in that too. Emilia Perez never heard of it. I'm still here. Never heard of it. Nickel Boys heard of it. I don't think it's worth five cents the substance. Never heard of it. Wicked, didn't see it too long. What I heard I saw a complete unknown. I saw it in the movie screening. I saw it three weeks before it was released to the public. I'm not a Bob Dylan if I gave him a review a month and a half ago. I'm not a Dylan fan. I don't like his music, but holy crapola, what a great movie. Timothy shallow May. Unbelievable for what is he a twenty seven to twenty eight year old kid? He is Bob Dylan. That is huge, without a doubt. And then a little controversy before we get out of here. I talk a lot about AI. I'll come back and we're going to talk even more about artificial intelligence. But this movie I called this I mentioned it's called The Brutalist, all right. It stars what's his name, Adrian Brodian over here, there's a little drama of AI editing. He's an actor in a leading role and I think he got an Oscar nomination for that. It's a period drama. I don't even know what period they're in. I don't know it's Hungarian or something like that. But he speaks an English and Hungarian and apparently the director said that they used technology for Hungarian language dialogue editing, specifically for certain vowels and letters accuracy. And there's a lot of people, a lot of centophiles, they really are kind of reproachful about the use of AI and film, and they're saying that AI is speeding up standard industry industry processes. Does it matter to you, Listen, we have seen let's go back to Star Wars and more. Listen, we know that imagery and computer graphics and things. AI is a little it's a little different though, so these when I got back from CES, the two biggest letters what I saw, I told you were AI. There's gonna be a lot of controversy. It's a lot's a little bit of scary, but I'm here to talk you down off it. Anybody mind AI? Are you turning everything off? Because let me see if we get figure thought to turn off AI from some of these smart phones too. Michael gar at the bottom of the hour, I tech text and show Here in San Jose Samsung Unpacked twenty twenty five. We just saw the presentation the big launch of the new S twenty five series. I have my thoughts, but I actually wanted to get the thoughts up. An analyst who covers this industry quite frequently. His name is Bob O'Donnell. He is with Technolysis partner, saying, you have done this for many, many years, and your perspective, my friend, obviously, is a little different than mine, because you cover the industry. First of all, initial thoughts of the launch, the information that Samsung just threw out us, you know, I thought they'd get a great job.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, one of the challenges, you know, I go to all these events every year, and it's like every year it's kind of they have to rehash the story, and some years, you know, they don't really fly. This year, I feel like it really did fly because what I saw today thanks to the collaboration, the closer collaboration between Google and Samsung, was like the first real iteration of AI that I think will be meaningful to a lot of consumers because all of a sudden, I can do things that I used to always hope that I could do with previous digital assistants, right, but never really work that way. Now we're finally getting at and even beyond just asking an inquiry about a strange topic, which of course we've been able to do that. The cool thing was the ability to integrate things like hey, asking about information about you know, a ballgame or something else, and then actually put it in my calendar. And that's there's been a barrier between my personal data that's on my device and this cloud information. And what Google and sam Sung did is work together to break that barrier. Plus you combine that with the fact that Gemini is a very powerful digital assistant and works pretty damn well, and then that level of integration they're bringing together. It shows me like, Okay, now we're starting to get to that promise of what AI I think a lot of people hoped would eventually be.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's talk about AI.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I just came from CEAS where those letters work for every word. Yeah, and I always tell my audience of it AI is it's not a product you can't feel or touch out because people want to say, and Michael, what's the coolest phone, what's the television like? And so AI it's built at We heard a lot about AI and over the past year or two, since you know, the S twenty or in the flip bones, we've seen you know, the gem and I and everything. But they are taking this to a different level at the consumer level. Are we at the point in time right now where the consumers not, I can understand that, but they're going to use it on a daily basis because it is a paradigm shift, it really is. Are they they're ready to hit that paradigm? I think they're.
Speaker 3: Getting really really close because you know, here's the thing, like you mentioned, what we've seen up till now, is there's been a number of devices that have had AI features, but you had to go out and look for them and find them, and frankly, the discoverability for the average person has been almost impossible, so people aren't really using it. What they've really done here is they've brought these capabilities to the surface to the main UI. You literally push a button on the side and you talk to it and it does stuff like it doesn't get any simpler that. Even as simple as that is, it's going to take a little while for people to change their habits. They're used to doing certain things. They go and do a Google search and they do it. Now you're going to just be able to start to interact with your device, change your settings, do all these kinds of different things, have conversations on various subjects, all within a very simple experience. So the beauty of it is there's enormous complexity underneath, but they've hidden that bit behind a simple Hey, push a button and talk right, okay to listen. You covered the industry, so you see a lot of other mobile manufacturers and there's so many other.
Speaker 1: You know, AI agents. So if the chat gbts of the other world like this, why has Samsung? What has Samsung done with this? And outfit of the S twenty five series that really takes it to the next level that you're seeing that that stands out a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Well, So they did a couple of things. First of all, to their credit, Samsung said, look, you know they originally they did Bixby, and Bixby didn't exactly set the world on fire, right, and they haven't given up on Bixby, but they did do is they said, you know what, we can use Gemini as kind of our front layer assistant, but we're gonna still use Bixby because Bixby can do all this cool stuff on the device, and it can and then take advantage of the Knox security all this stuff, so I get that personalization that they talked about, which is gonna be really powerful, although it won't show up until you've used it for a while, but it will secure it. So but what they've done is kind of again they broker that the world of Internet search data with my personal data, and and even though that seems like a small gap in terms of how you actually do that, it's huge. And we saw the start here with some of the integration with Samsung apps. Eventually they're going to integrate with other people's apps. So again, my whole experience of how I'm going to use the phone is going to slowly start to evolve. And I'm not gonna think about apps anymore. I'm just gonna think about things I want to do with things I want to achieve. That's not again, not gonna happen overnight. But what they laid the groundwork for is the ability to start thinking that way, and that in and of itself is a huge change from what we've seen before. You talk a lot about AI and some of the other features. I think that consumers really, really, what really really use is this camera. Yeah, listen, I'll go back and I'll say this also I've said it on record. You know, Sam sungy S twenty four Ultra, without a doubt, best camera on the market, because you know the camera. To me, it's the number one most use that on a smart phone that shouldn't even came a smart phone that Chicota actually a Snart and smart camera. You can feel fair to use that over yet, Well, what.
Speaker 1: We've seen from the S twenty five Ultra, what the camera is over here with a new fifty Megapitts Ultra Wide. What are your thoughts on the camera aspects of these new filled The camera aspect is great, and you're right, I mean the junk to fifty megapixel on the Macro and Ultra Wide is just physically obviously a huge improvement over what they had before.
Speaker 3: But more importantly, it's these additional capabilities. It's things like you know, I do photography, my wife does a nature photography professionally. It's so I understand the value of aperture settings and being able to change that dynamically after you've taken image, can totally change the picture, adjusting the lighting AI capabilities and all of a sudden, you know, when there's three people in the picture, of one of them blinks and it's smart enough to grab the photo where the person has their eyes open and combine it with the other eyes open people, so you get the best of all, you know, in a single image, whether having to edit it or find all these photos, all of those little steps just are gonna make the quality of the pictures that you take with this phone significantly better. And then the video stuff takes it even further. HDR support Again, most people don't care about that, but what it means is I get more vibrant colors. And even for the professional videographers this, you know, love video support, you know allows them to do color matching and all this kind of really cool stuff. But the net net, bottom line is, like you said, S twenty four old was great and they kicked it.
Speaker 1: Up a notch. Yeah, no, it it seems because cameras are really you know, one of the key things of how does this look? You know, every time I hold up my Samsung versus everybody else hold their competition is like what phone is that? And I'm like, is the Samsung? So I think they've actually hit her home run with this way. And last question, Listen, we've talked about the AI, We've talked to a lot of the camera features. I'm really interested. I actually I think kind of people skirtovers is the price the price where these three remain the exact same from last year? We listen, people are very cautious of their spending and what's going on. I gotta PLoud and give them a little daft Samsung for not raising the price for those different three levels right at twelve hundred, one thousand and eight hundred gas on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, and you're absolutely right. I mean, there was a big question on whether or not they would raise their prices because you're going to presume, you know, given some concerns they've been and discussion of tariffs, are they gonna have to pre building in price increases, right? So yeah, there was a lot of question about that. So the fact that they were able to maintain the same price I think is going to be important obviously to the pocket puts of a lot of potential buyers. All Right, his name is Mabo Donde. He is the TECHnalysis, the analysis. He covers this industry quite well. I appreciate your thoughts over that.
Speaker 1: I know you've got a lot of people on line waiting, and I know you're gonna go get your hands on these things. Sim that feel good, So I appreciate the time.
Speaker 4: Hi, thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, signing off for San Jose It's Unpacked twenty twenty five. It's Michael Gorefield the high Tech Texit home Stretch, final segment from San Jose, California. Again, we appreciate the nice folks from Samsung their PR agency for getting me and my ilk lot of tech journalists and media out here in Silicon Valley this week to go over and understand all the features of the new Samsung S twenty five series, their new smartphone, and also playing around with the S twenty five Ultra. It is a beast by the way, this portion of the show we are brought to you by Total Wireless. This is a perfect segue for some reason. You do go get a Galaxy S twenty five or any phone you can go to a Total Wireless dore and you can utilize their service unlimited data, talk, and text. It's covered by the Verizon five G network. They're price guaranteed for five years. There is absolutely zero contact contracts. I'm looking at this right now. They have everything from you know, fifty dollars per line for an entire month of they're unlimited. They have got a forty I like this. It's the Base five G unlimited forty dollars per month unlimited data. They got a five G hotspot. But then I'm on on their home page over here, get fifty percent off when you bring your own phone. So let's say you get your own new phone instead of paying forty bucks. Now it's twenty dollars a month for one line on a Base five G unlimited plan. That's pretty cool. Check out Total Wireless dot com specifically, if you're in the Houston area or some of the other areas, there are specifically other Verizon type of stores owned by Victor v Ictra. You can actually look at that, and I want you walk into those Victor stores and uh tell them you heard it on the old High Tech textan show. And that's the dude twenty bucks a month for one line on unlimited five G. That's that's pretty strong. Now. Speaking of which, also, and I've did, I've had also got some press releases because people have been emailing this entire show. All right, I've got some calls also, Hey, my we'll working. I know you said it's February seventh coming out. What if I have Verizon, what if I have Team Mobile, what if I have Total Wiles?
Speaker 4: Whatever?
Speaker 1: So to be sure to be safe over here, let me give you some prices. My good friend George, what's up, George? He is the pimpot Verizon and Galaxy S twenty five Ultra. As we know, it's thirteen hundred dollars retail, but you can put this on a thirty six month plan for about thirty six dollars a month. But they also have some deals too. Current new customers, they get a new Galaxy S twenty five plus or Galaxy S twenty five on them. Verizon's gonna pay for the S twenty five plus the S twenty five or one thousand bucks off the S twenty five Ultra. That's pretty strong. It's pretty strong, all right. Some of the new perks and another five G stuff let's roll up the T mobile. Galaxy S twenty five also free. It's this the S twenty five plus also free, or up to a thousand dollars off of any in the S twenty five series when trading in any eligible device on any condition on go five g next. All right, so this is so a lot of but as you shop and people do get freaked out and scary, Oh my goodness, thirteen hundred dollars for S twenty five old, check your carrier out because odds are they're going to give you some deals and trade ins. And that's just you know, pretty much how this how this industry works. I talked about the Snapdragon eight Elite mobile platform for a Galaxy, and that's the chip set, and again that's it's an incredibly powerful Uh it's incredibly fast, they say, the world fastest second generation custom Qualcom Ryan CPU and GPU. That's the chip that is inside specifically all of the Samsung Galaxy S twenty fives. For the two days I've been playing with it, I've been uploading some video and you know, recording some audio and playing some games to some extent. Gotta tell you, it's pretty strong, no lag whatsoever, and so that's really good. So again, in building and producing a phone, you have to have partners, internal partners like like when I say internal, like literally internally inside the phone itself. You have to have a process or something like a Snapdragon eight Elite mobile for Galaxy specific and then you also have to have a data plant. Now it doesn't matter, you know, you go to your current data plant, but it may be time to switch. And listen, I gave you some other prices from some other carriers. I do know the fact that I do use total wireless, and you can't save a lot of cash that way. It really does go far. Look it through some of the emails over here, Michael, hope you're having a good time. Hen San Jose, there is a really neat text mex Taco spot. But since you're from Texas, you don't need these things. But there's a lot of good California calimes. Is that what it's called here? I guess text Mexus Texas Mexican food and California, which does have some pretty good tacos. Taco Tuesday, I guess you call it Cali Max. You wouldn't call it text max and Cali like that. Well, Anyway, I can't wait to get home because I'm heading to Cabo Bob's. It's the longest I think I've been. I haven't had Cabbo bob since last Saturday. I think four locations in Houston, one in San Antonio, and several in Austin where they're from. So go check those out. Fresh Tortilla's unbelievable chips. Oh man, I'm getting hungry right now. Man, getting on Southwest airlines, you need to start serving some Texas. You're a Texas based airline, which I love a less preferred people. How about you know, some partnering up with the Texas based restaurants or more snacks or something like that. How awesome would it be if it's just there's like a build your own taco bar on a on a flight, on a Southwest flight or something like that. That is so Texas. That's beautiful. I would love I would love doing something. I know. Way, thank you, thank you for that email that we got. Uh gave some super Bowl information of how to watch it next week. We actually by the end of this weekend, we're going to know who is playing in the super Bowl and the super Bowl will be in New Orleans. This could be a good time for you to be purchasing a television. You're going to see some TV deals out there. I will be peruising some of those. You know. I always tell you this, a lot of people start thinking about a new TV. It's like the Friday before the Super Bowl Sunday, and I tell people, listen, if you're really proficient in schlepping a TV home from a big box store, setting it up, hooking up your cable or your antenna pretty quickly, and you feel comfortable of having some people over to watch as you host a super Bowl party, go ahead. But if you're looking at a TV, I would go ahead and either order one, get it shipped several days, if not a week, at least a week before Super Bowl so you could test the thing out, hook it up, mount it on the on the wall, whatever you want to do. If you need any one on one information with that, this is what I'm here for, find me Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com. That is actually one of the other, you know ways that you could do it too. Oh here's another. Hey, speaking of so I just sent me this. You see this, I say it on the radio comes out here and you send me something over there? Not a jet I don't know. Is jet Blue still around? I have never flown jet Blue, never flown jet Blue? What is this? Jet Blue is now taking Venmo? What is this person trying to say?
Speaker 3: The uh?
Speaker 1: On the jet Blue website, US customers can scan a QR code at checkout. It takes you to Venmo, where you can buy upgrades like aisle seats and whatever with your Venmo ballance. I dig this. I dig that. I like it because I have been and this is not a commercial for anybody. I'm not I'm definitely not pimping jet Blue. But I use PayPal and Venmo and my little digital wallet more and more right now. And I've got it. I've got a decent PayPal balance. It's just it's like an updated It's it's cool. I will tell you this. Here's a little tip for me to you. You know, on Venmo, sometimes you could see every single one of your friends of what they paid. Oh, here's four dollars for a slice of pizza. Lost a bet to Jennifer. Now I have to pay her one hundred dollars whatever. Turn that stuff off. I really don't care. And I don't want to. That is almost too much. That's hippa, that's too much information. The first time I ever downloaded Venmo was my youngest went to college. I didn't know what it was. And this is about six years ago because Venmo's just came out just around them. He didn't want a bank account, he goes Venmo. So anyway, I had to download the Venmo app and that's how I transferred money to him. And then I figured out, I'm like, I don't want anybody seeing who I pay. I mean, you know, if if I do a door dash at two in the morning, or if I you don't want to go to Hoggin DAWs, you know and get a double triple scoop or something like that. I don't need people, you know, giving me, you know, any stuff going. You know, what are you eating so late for? Michael turn Off? Who can see your Venmo paper? Actually, I wouldn't want to see. I wouldn't mind to tell people I'm flying jet anyway again, I'm a Southwest guye Jet Blue hasn't posted an annual profit since twenty nineteen. I guess it's trying to lure back customers with ease of checkout ninety million people in the US, especially the young spenders. They used venmo Or. I think more more places actually shooting Janio. I was in London and bert Lang last year. It's unbelievable how many people use these digital waller I mean I credit cards. I just almost apen of the past. This is the stuff of the Cubo. I talked about this TECHNI page again. If you wrap it up here from San Jose, California, thank you Samsung great being able to actually to hands on experience like a Galaxy has twenty five series. I will have the Ultra for the next I don't know month, month and a half. If you see me come up, I'll show it to you. If you want to buy this through the week, I Tech Texting dot Com. Check out the social media, more videos and also my website on behalf of everybody callam Reid, Brian ericson Eddie Martini and everybody. People. As we wind up in the middle of January of twenty twenty five, be safe, stay warm until next week. This is the high tech conection. I am Garth and right now my show from Cali is over.