Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham, the Great America. Welcome with Wednesday afteroon in the Try Shake and the Super bowls coming up by course in four or five days. Bengals should be there. But nonetheless, Liz Bonus' is a medical wellness reporter of Channel twelve WKRC. Lots of good information about what to do, what not to do on the Super Bowl and so much more. And Liz Bonus, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, all of us are very upset with the fact that Bengals are not there. Maybe one day they'll be back, but who knows. But let's face it, I read so much about Super Bowl parties, what not? D What is your research shown, if anything?
Speaker 2: All right, So we got two cool things on the Super Bowl. We need to start with one before the other, because I don't think you're going to want to hear about this after food. Have you heard about this whole pe anxiety thing.
Speaker 1: I've read it. I kind of disregarded it, but you're in disposal. Pee anxiety is a real thing. I know. Tony Bender tells me he often has the same issue during the game. Explain what that is.
Speaker 2: So they said that about a third of us they go to the bathroom at halftime, and then they map out a game strategy for when to go to the bathroom and as a consequence for like holding our bladders, and it gives us pee anxiety. We actually will not go in the last two minutes of the game. And it's so much so like I'm talking to the Eurology group about this today because they really say, this is not good for any of us, that we should be sitting around worrying about when we can pee in a game that the Bengals are not even in.
Speaker 3: Don't you think that's true.
Speaker 1: I don't have it myself when the Bengals were in the Super Bowl. Yes, when Coop and others were making those catches against the Rams, yes, I had pea anxiety. Not had it sense, But it's a real thing, correct, Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Realize that there was a name for it. And they say that more than half of us feel anxious when we're stuck in a situation that keeps us from using the restroom, and we consider Super Bowl Sunday in the game one of those pee anxiety times. I'm like, my goodness, who knew?
Speaker 1: What about the caloric intake? I know many of us are concerned. You're binging before, binging, during, binging after and this Super Bowl because the Chiefs and Eagles are involved, which they've been involved too in the last three I understand that the ticket scalping's way down, the viewership maybe down, who knows, But what about the diet? What about what?
Speaker 4: What not?
Speaker 5: Dat?
Speaker 1: How much caloric intake? Should you schedule? Things like that?
Speaker 2: So I honestly think that this year the most exciting thing will be the food. Make a good Super Bowl party because I can't tell you that the game's going to hold your interest, you know, especially we.
Speaker 3: Don't have a stake in it. But it just feels like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know some people want the Chiefs to have the third repeat and other people don't, and you know, so focus on the food.
Speaker 3: It's a good thing.
Speaker 2: But what's interesting is when you start looking at surveys, we get as many, according to some as eleven thousand calories that day, and it's recommended you get no more than about two thousands of a day. So second biggest eating day after Thanksgiving, where do you think most of the calories come from?
Speaker 1: I would think they come from chips and popcorn and drinks and beer and guacamla and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: So the topper is our pizza and wings get literally you get about ten grams of fat in every wing, which means you get one hundred calories per wing. And you know, I have spent years researching this. I think I told her I got my first radio job because they were like, tell me something interesting about food. And I was like, did you know that last year we ate enough chicken wings that if you line them up, they would stretch from New York to Disney World. And they're like, you should be on the morning show translation you have no life, you know. And I'm like, it's true. We don't realize, like they just kind of suck them down, you know, and you have the I don't know whether you like the tops or the bottoms of whatever. Those things can kind of slide in. You don't even realize you got thousand calories and wings before you even started the den. You know what else will do that to you? Which is fascinating to me? And I love these deviled eggs. Did you ever notice how you can eat like sixteen deviled eggs, but you could never eat sixteen eggs in an omelet.
Speaker 1: No, why is that?
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've been actually fascinated by that. Like I love deviled eggs and I can suck them down, like you know, why is it that like it does that? And yet I would never like open a dozen eggs and make them for my omelet. They're so good. I think they're just they're like slithery and they just go down easy, And I justify it because it's time protein. But I've been working on the deviled eggs, perfecting recipes. The secret is you need to put a little mustard in the inside egg, you know, when you make them filling little male little mustard, little bill pickle fee seasonings.
Speaker 3: Oh the bot.
Speaker 2: Either way, do you know why we eat so much on Super Bowl Sunday Because we drink so much?
Speaker 1: So eating is not drinking. If you if you don't want to eat a lot, don't drink a lot.
Speaker 2: No, this is actually fascinating. So I always thought, like, you know, when you gain the freshman fifteen when you go to college, it was because like y'all start drinking.
Speaker 5: But actually what.
Speaker 2: They found is that when you start drinking, you don't care what you eat. So most of us start drinking like noon and the games at six thirty, and so you know, you have a couple, then you have a couple of Pretty soon you're like, I don't care.
Speaker 3: What I'm eating. I'm seating because I'm eating, you know.
Speaker 2: And it's fascinating when you actually have less alcohol. I thought, oh, fewer calories, but that's not what they say makes the difference. What makes the difference is that you just lose all your sense of judgment and do.
Speaker 3: Things and eat things or whatever.
Speaker 2: That you wouldn't so really do so if you want to cut down the calories, which I find fascinating because this year they're actually having oh, zem pick Super Bowl parties.
Speaker 3: Did you know that?
Speaker 1: I never heard of that one.
Speaker 2: Yes, ozempics. So many people are on these weight loss medicines that for the first year, year to year obesity stats are down, and it's sad. It's not because we're eating less and exercising more. It's because we're all taking drugs.
Speaker 3: So a lot of people are on these.
Speaker 2: They don't want to blow the whole day and you're not really supposed to have much alcohol with the ozentpic thing. I know everybody does, but it delays the gastric emptying, so putting alcohol in there is not a good fit. You can like pass out and stuff. But so they're doing like a lot more non alcoholic drinks to get you started, which you can do with sprinzers and all that. They're doing more high protein foods. You know, if you look, you'll see all kinds of Super Bowl recipes now for the high pro, the zero the ozepic.
Speaker 3: Diet, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: And then a lot of people are just saying like, Okay, we're not starting our meal until four pm, because what happens is that as you eat for six hours, you lose all sense of your hunger signals. And the whole point of ozembic is it makes you less hungry because it's delayed the gastric empty. So just the thought if someone in your circle is trying to watch it, a few things that could help. I personally think, if you want to eat what you want to eat on one day, that's not usually the problem. It's what are you doing the other three hundred and sixty four.
Speaker 1: Right and the other thing you've done? This topics on when to eat, and I try to consume food before six or six thirty or seven. I go to sleep maybe at midnight or one o'clock, but if you're filling up your belly at the end of the game, which is like ten PM or ten thirty, you may have a rough night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you on that.
Speaker 2: I do think eating earlier is once gentler on the whole system, and I think you sleep better. And you know, it's kind of like giving your car full think of gas after you've driven the long trip. You don't really need it at midnight. But I also think it's interesting that sometimes how well your team is doing will influence like, oh well, I might as well just eat because my team's going to lose anyway.
Speaker 3: Which I think is really fast. That connected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with the Reds and Bengals, we've all been there. Now. The issue to the rage the last couple of days is the new pain medicine has been approved by the FDA that doesn't involve opioid, does involve some sort of addiction issue, and it really attacks the pain sensors at the side of the pain instead of going to your brain. Could that be a game change? You're about people that using various drugs to get high or low, and that this new pain medication could be really a plus, you know, from the.
Speaker 2: Research that I'm reading, it could be. It's called Vertex and it's the non opioid pain drug, And as you said, what it does is it goes to the signals and the nerves, which is usually where you're having pain, you know, your hip, your back, whatever, not in the brain or its reward pathway. And the reward pathway is the secret. The question I always have because they say that like about one in three who tries an opioid for search will get hooked. The question I have is, you know, are those same people still going to be in search of something because you know, you probably had surgery and had taken a couple of days and you didn't get hooked, and you know, there's a tendency for us to want any escape. So what I think it could be a game changer for pain. I hope that it's not just like okay, now we look for the next sentinel or whatever. You know, people that want to find something to escape usually do you know case in point, have you seen the psychedelic conferences now they're having, you know, yeah, and like people say, it helps me forget I don't have PTSD, and all that, and that's great, but like you know, we tried that years back with LSD and it didn't go so well. So I worry that, you know, we we like to think that, wow, we'll change the opioid structure of a pain pill and people won't get addicted. But I actually think that most of us in life now are looking for some kind of an escape, at least a little while. And I found that out because I was looking at doing some research recently on the whole generation, like the millennials, they say are so addicted to things that they're actually using on the job, like you know, keeping alcohol in the desk and keeping drugs you can't tell for, you know, pain killer, poppers and things like that, and it's so prevalent. And it wasn't just like an addiction to those things like you know, a drug or alcohol. It was even like addictions to pornography and gambling and they can't cope during the day and they're using it work. And it was like this whole thing about how it's sort of maybe more acceptable to use a crutch. And then it's really also very sad that we just want.
Speaker 3: Some kind of an escape.
Speaker 2: And so I hope that this game changer for pain really works. And you know, if you have pain, it's a bad sign that your body's.
Speaker 3: Telling you something. But clinical trials of that drug showed.
Speaker 2: It worked as well as the opioid based product. So we're going to find out. We're going to find out if this really was all hype and we were making people addicted, or if people just wanted to escape and it was a very convenient one.
Speaker 1: That's what you've done reporting on this before. About gambling in the super Bowl, it's the number one gambling event of the year. A lot of the websites are encouraging people to put up a few bucks. You get two hundred dollars in this and that, and everyone almost gambles on the Super Bowl constantly. And the receptors in the brain. A lot of young males, say between fifteen and thirty years old, use porn instead of dating because you can't deal with a real woman. Therefore you have some fantasy land that's a problem. Are the same receptors in the brain that deal with porn and gambling and alcohol at work for those different elements, But for those who want to gamble in the Super Bowl, I can gamble and just walk away and don't do it ever again. Whatever. I don't have the problem. But many Americans, whether it's porn, drinking, drugs, or gambling, they start and they can't stop.
Speaker 2: You know. It's interesting. I am working on a story like this. We're airing it six on Local twelve. And they're the lender Center of Hope has a a guy who deals with nothing but addictions, Internet addiction, porn addiction, gambling addiction, you know, and he actually said that there is a higher suicide rate in gambling addiction than in some of the others. And they do think that, especially with pornography and gambling, there's a center in the brain that gets so hooked that without it you cannot achieve the same high. And he was actually telling me that there are guys now that if you know, if you get so addicted to porn, it plays with the dopamine in your brain, and your wife who isn't dressed up in some weird, wacky outfit that you know, or borders on violence or something like that will not get you turned on. And they actually said that there's a higher rate of the use of like ed drugs and erect all this function and these guys because unless they can get that high, they can't achieve whatever does they want to achieve. And he's he really thinks there's a similar correlation in gambling, like it's a different kind of high, but I don't know if we know why. And what was so interesting to me was that he said, you know, the problem. One of the reasons that the suicide rate is higher with some of these is that they involve your money, maybe even more than a drug or alcohol addiction would. And so that means you've spent your kids college education, you've mortgaged your house, and quite often you think if you take your own life that people will get insurance payments and it would cover you, which isn't often true. And so there's a lot.
Speaker 3: Of education that we need to do.
Speaker 2: But I don't even know if with gambling we know the extent of the addiction, because it's so much like porn, it's done in secret. You don't like I mean, you might drink with your friends, or smoke or do whatever drug with your friends because it's a friendly thing, but you don't go, hey, let's all pull out our phones and check out porn together.
Speaker 3: Not used.
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe you do, but I don't know anyone who does that. I've never met a person. It's usually done in secret. So same thing with gambling. You're not like you might put a dollar here, a dollar there with your friends, but you're not really telling them that this is a that dollar.
Speaker 3: You just put the whole mortgage payments.
Speaker 2: Down, you know, because it's yeah, it's kind of an embarrassing thing. So I think the real message is if you talk to the people with gambling hotlines, and they are very passionate by helping people. They want people to know there really is help for whatever the other addiction is, you know, porn gambling. You don't think there is because it's not openly shared. But just like you can interrupt an alcohol addiction or a drug addiction, you can really interrupt these and they do it usually with a variety of techniques, you know, sometimes avoid and sometimes medication, sometimes accountability. It's never easy, but you can't kind of start gambling your whole future either, you know.
Speaker 1: Gambling I've been involved with. I represented some gamblers and criminal charges and they have to lose. Winning does and satisfy them. They have to lose because they have such a poor self identity. They have to be at the bottom of the well. They can't succeed. They keep gambling until they lose. Many people who might hit the roulette wheel at hard Rock may walk out the door with three hundred dollars thank you. But a true gambling attic has got to stay there until they lose as much as they can lose, because it solidifies the view of themself as a piece of human excrement, and they want that confirmation that they're a loser. That's why they gamble, you know what I'm saying, that's really sad.
Speaker 2: I would believe you on that. I also know that the way you hook people is through what they call intermittent reward, and gambling is very high on that, meaning, you know, you win a little bit and then you lose, and so it's very hard to break that because you keep getting the intermittent reward. And it's like being in a bad relationship. You know, the guy, like you know, breaks your ribs and then he apologize and.
Speaker 3: Gives you flowers or whatever else.
Speaker 2: It's like the intermitt rewards, but they're so nice and so normal in between, you know, and you feel like that niceness and the normalness come back when you.
Speaker 3: Win a little bit.
Speaker 2: And so not that I say in those kind of relationships, but if you talk to anyone, that's usually why you stay in something abusive, you know. So I do think you're right that probably sadly, you know, you have to hit rock bottom. Lots of things in life are like that. But the message is you really don't have to if you can get someone that can help you. Kind of in the meantime, you know, it's sad. It's sad that like we're taking a really fun game and this is what it's become. And they said sports betting really did push it over the top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lis Bonus, you're the best health medical reporter. You're on top of all this stuff. Get ready for the Super Bowl. We have about thirty seconds remaining. Who do you like Sunday? The Chiefs who I don't like at all? Tay Tay Taylor Swift drives me crazy now and there's a rumor of an affair with Joe Burrows. You may sweat size and come to the Bengals, in which case the Bengals are going to win or fly Eagles Fly? What does Lis Bonus say?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't really feel strongly about either, but I'm kind of always for who hasn't.
Speaker 3: Won the Super Bowl because I think it's fun to see that. I'm told the Eagles want it.
Speaker 1: Have they won it ever one time?
Speaker 2: Or have it one time? Okay, So it's just been a very long time, so I'm kind of rooting for the underdog.
Speaker 3: In this one.
Speaker 2: Plus I'm so tired of the Chiefs, like they could have, you know, made it to the Bengals stayed in the playoffs for a while, and they wouldn't even do that for us, So I'm kind of.
Speaker 1: Merrying them now. The Chiefs lost on purpose in Denver so the Bengals would not be And because the Bengals can beat them.
Speaker 2: Right, they didn't. Yeah, they knew the Bengals could beat them and they didn't want to play them. So just on principle, I'm kind of rooting the other way at this time, but not because I honestly have a preference, you know, just.
Speaker 1: Liz Bonus, you're the best Super Bowl gambling porn and so much more. Liz Bonus, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham shown lez You're a great American. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Hey back at you, And I want to know if you feel the p anxiety in the game.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll be texting you constantly.
Speaker 3: Those are the kind of facts that you've got to I got to pee.
Speaker 1: Is I gotta pee? I gotta be all right, Let's thank you very much. All right, let's continue with more Liz Bonus News next and more. It's your home of the Reds News Radio seven hundred WLW BHI Billy cunning in the Great American Little nasty weather maybe coming a couple hours north. Stay tuned to Brian Combs, Jack Crumley and Moore to see what's gonna happen. But there's going to be sixty degrees in a day or two, so we'll see how that develops. After one o'clock today we'll be Brian Hambrick of the Power of five about what happened yesterday on City Council. But this Joe Burrow thing continues to fascinate so many. I talked to law enforcement official this morning and he said, what occurs on these high end burglaries, and let's face it, Brian Combs talked about what's happening in other parts of the city of Cincinnati, is that these groups is one hundred or more groups of four to ten from Chile that are dominated by gang members, and because of the Biden administration APP they were able to come into the country as a tourist. It was burglary tourism, but they said instead of that, they said, well, I want to look at the Grand Canyon, I'm going to spend time on the beaches of California. I'm want to see a Broadway show. And so from the APP they were granted permission to come here for up to six months. And it was all a ruse. It was all a joke because what it was was large numbers of gang members actually doing what gang members do, which is steel rape, robin pillage. So I asked this law enforcement official with the federal government, how does it work, like with Joe Burrow, with Patrick Mahomes or Travis Kelcey, how does that work? He said, what occurs is that they determine a place likely to be burglarized because of the number of good items they will have in there. There are this research done by the home the Big Boys in San Diego, Chile about who has what. They might go online to see what accounts someone has. They might talk about purchases of items diamond gold, he watches of one type or another and say, you know what, that's a person that looks interesting. Then then we'll put like a deer camera and a bush or a tree out front to monitor activities for two or three days to make sure that no one's going to be in there. The cardinal rule of these gangs, thank God, is to cause no harm to a human being physically. That is, don't shoot anybody, don't fight anybody, don't beat anybody, don't do that that's stall too high profile. And just steal everything you can. And when Joe Burrow was playing in Dallas, it was obvious Joe Burrow was not there, and it was somewhat shall we say interesting. He had his friend who was an influencer. I'm sure she was influencing a lot of things at the age of twenty three, and also at a deputy sheriff parks in the driveway. So they made their way to the back and came in through a rear window, which is where where the master bedroom is. They always go to the master bedroom first because that's likely to where the safe's going to be. Then to go to a TV or a trophy room to take whatever they're going to take. So in Joe Brow's case, similar to other high and robberies, there's like a captain of the group. And what the captain does is make sure that the audems get back to where they belong. And it's not unusual when they have a particularly big hit for them to send back to Chile through fed x ups or the postal service a box of something full of all the goodies, then keep some for themselves. So in Clark County, what about a week ago, you know, there's four individuals who were arrested wanting to see snow heading north from Clark County, and they said, after a little bit of an investigation, the state police had been watching them for a while, they put a tag on the car and they found some LSU and some Bengal stuff not of great value, but they found a punch tool in the glove compartment behind the gloving department. And so what occurs then after you get a particularly good hit is they send the goodies back home, but they keep some for themselves. So what occurs then, if you're a Chilean criminal gang member, you have permission to be in the country. So if you stop you can show your papers, you can rent, you can lease a car. For example, is that there are individuals in that business in the Diamond District in New York City, and I've been there many times. It's fascinating who under the table they can fence the diamonds there get twenty five to thirty cents on the dollar, and then the fence inside the Diamond District puts the diamonds to watches whatever in circulation and doubles the money quickly. And so this has been going on for a while. The FBI at the rank and file level is very good, Yeah, Marshall, service very good. And so from this raid and I saw it last night out of a New York station, there were dozens and dozens of boxes being walked down the steps of a storefront in the Diamond District, high rent Diamond District, very close to Rockefeller Plaza. And it's anticipated that Joe Burrow will get back some of what was stolen, but not completely. And so what's going to happen now because the Trumpster Donald Trump said no more of that. You can't go online and say who you are without verification, simply fly into the country, stay here for a while Burglar, Ice, rape, rob Murder, Lake and Riley, etc. Then go back home. That's done. Why we put up with it as long as we did is beyond me. I don't understand how we put up with it for as long as we did. But come November fifth, we said, you know what, we can't take this anymore. So the Trumpster's now in charge. Kick an ass like mister ass. And one thing that's come to fruition is the spending by US AID, which is an aid agency, an independent agency. Now it's under the Secretary of State Mark Rubio, but their goal was to disperse money all over the world by needy causes. You've seen the one with a shrimp on a treadmill underwater. That was one of the projects they funded. Give you some idea in twenty twenty, not exactly the dark Ages twenty twenty four and a half years ago from now. There's been a forty five percent increase in federal government spending, forty five percent increase. It's exploding. Give you another idea in twenty seventeen, at the end of Joe Biden's at the end of Trump's presidency, and the start I'm sorry at twenty seventeen, the first year of Trump's presidency, USAID spent approximately twenty billion dollars in handing out goodies all over the world twenty billion, and by twenty twenty three, that twenty billion had become forty two point four billion dollars, one hundred and ten percent increase giving out money all over the world. And they do not respond to Congress. Marco Rubio, of course, was in the Senate and he accused USA to rank in subordination through the use of taxpayer dollars. And to give you some idea where the money went. This is money that you sent to Washington. I know, really soon you and I are going to pay our taxes goes. I think taxes are rent to live in the greatest country in the world. How about this fifty million dollars to fund condoms in Gaza, And the argument was made, well it wasn't fifty million. Well, actually it was a h undred and two million. It was paid from us AID to the International Medical Corps to provide Gaza with medical services including abortion and birth control condoms IUDs and more so, we spent at least fifty million dollars to buy condoms for Palestinian men. I assume their men in gossip, which they used a little bit to inflate, and then to put improvised explosive devices in this inflated condom and send it into Israel to cause mayhem. How about one point five million to advance DEI in Serbia's workplace? One point five million Serbia to advance DEI in Serbia. How about seventy thousand dollars for the production of a DEI musical in Ireland? Dublin, Ireland received seventy thousand dollars for a DEI musical, whatever the heck that is. How About forty seven thousand for a transgender opera singer in Colombia, forty seven thousand, thirty two thousand for a transgender comic in Peru, thirty seven million dollars to the World Health Organization, including the Wuhan Lab who received six point six million dollars. So if you listen to doctor brad Winster but all with me. He's head of the committee in the House. Before he retired a month ago, he said, we funded the creation of COVID nineteen. The American taxpayer did, and then add thirty seven million more to the Wuhan Lab, sixteen million in funding for institutional contractors and gender development offices all over the country. Six million and non emergency funding to provide evaluation services for planning and learning and for preventing pregnancies. Six hundred thousand dollars to fund technical assistance for family planning in Latin America. All told. The International Medical Corps wrote in a press release in twenty twenty three that it had received seventy eight million dollars from you USA to support its operations in Gaza since October the seventh, twenty twenty three, that's when AMAS invaded Israel. Seven eight million dollars of your money went to Gaza. Now, we're told by the media repeatedly, you know what we taxpayers don't. We don't mind you watch the media, listen to media. Everything Trump does is wrong, whether making Gaza look like the Riviera, whether it's what's going to happen in Panama. By the way, Panama recently canceled their contract with communists Red China and then Greenland. Those who live in Greenland, forty five thousand strong, don't consider themselves to be part of Denmark, so that's up for grabs and So a day or two ago, CNN put out a poll, and this was taken on January thirty first and February first, the first say, two weeks of the Trump presidency. By watching media coverage, you would think things Donald Trump is doing to eliminate this kind of crap is extremely unpopular with you. Here's Harry Entton with a morning anchor who's giving us information every morning about how bad things are. But Harry Entton, who has more lucid moments than many, actually did the following presentation a couple of days ago. Dave Keaton hit.
Speaker 6: It, look the American people really like what they're seeing, at least compared to where Donald Trump started eight years ago. Right, all right, This is Donald Trump's net approval rating. This is Reuter's zipsos. It's among adults. It was taken the first few days of this administration. Look here back in January twenty seventeen, Donald Trump became the first president history to start his presidency with a.
Speaker 1: Net negative approval rating.
Speaker 6: Look at where we are now in January twenty twenty five, considerably better at plus six points. That's up nine points. To borrow a Donald Trump praise, This is big Lee This is a sign that the American people, at least initially like what they're seeing. And so you see right here, more Americans approve of Donald Trump's job than disapprove. And that is very much, very much unlike what we saw.
Speaker 1: Eight years ago.
Speaker 7: So compare the rating now to the entire first term.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it's not just that he's doing better than where he was doing eight years ago.
Speaker 1: It's that he's doing.
Speaker 6: Better than he ever did during his entire first administration.
Speaker 7: So I again, he never was He never was over plus three.
Speaker 6: He was never over plus three. The highest rating he ever his highest ever net approval rating was plus three in March.
Speaker 1: Of your choice of photo.
Speaker 6: Is he quite he likes what he's seeing. He's smirking at the American at.
Speaker 1: The American media doesn't like you.
Speaker 6: Maybe not, although he should like these numbers in the way I'm presenting them. You look at January twenty twenty five. Look at that again, you get plus six. So Donald Trump isn't just in a better position than he was eight years ago at this point, he's in a better position than he was at any point during his entire first term. Things have very much turned around. This is a very different Donald Trump. He's eating a very different administration in the way he's attacking things, and the American public is very much more in line with him than they were at any point during his entire first term.
Speaker 7: One I would say, correction, this is not a very different Donald Trump. This is a very different Donald Trump as being viewed by voters in this.
Speaker 1: In the way he's going about things.
Speaker 6: With Susan Wild's leading things, I think he is, you know, going at things in a much less disorganized fashion, much more organized.
Speaker 7: Take me back in history, Take.
Speaker 1: You back in history.
Speaker 6: So it was so interesting to me that Donald Trump's first net approval rating of his second term is higher than his entire first term, And I was interested, has that ever happened? Has the second term net approval rating in the first month? Have you ever had a higher rating than any net approval rating during the entire first term? Donald Trump is the only hard time believing this. This is one hundred percent you I went back.
Speaker 1: I love spreadsheets.
Speaker 6: Donald Trump's is the first guy ever who's netipproper rating in the first month of his second term is higher than any rating that he had is an entire first term.
Speaker 1: Cap Baldman this is true.
Speaker 6: I don't make stuff up the numbers of the numbers.
Speaker 7: I believe you in nothing except when you have it in the wall, and then I believe everything that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: Well, there you have it. CNN admits that what Donald Trump is doing is kind of like tr Roosevelt manifest destiny, expanding the power of the United States, getting rid of all the waste, fraud, and abuse. By the way, chew on this number for a while. Social Security administrators admit that every year, at least for twenty years, that Social Security sent bogus checks to dead people who others shouldn't have gotten it. Over one hundred billion dollars every year is sent to individuals who have either died or not entitled to it. One hundred billion. And the Department of Education, for example, has grown to something in the range of ninety one thousand federal employees with a budget of eighty five billion dollars a year. And the Trumpster says, enough is enough. We've got to return education to the states, which means the Department of Education in Kentucky, Ohio, in Indiana, it's going to have more money to spend locally, not on salaries and benefits and buildings in Washington, d C. My gosh, we've only just begun. But do not buy in the notion that what Donald Trump is doing is particularly unpopular because it is not first time in US history a second term president is more popular than he wasn't any point in his first term, and that goes back a long way. Let's continue with more. Brian Hamrick is coming up from the Power of five Many issues yesterday on City Council Michelle lemon Kearney, I think indirectly or directly wants to encourage more illegal migrants to live in the city of Cincinnati because it is a sanctuary city. And will she be in the crosshairs of the US Attorney's office when a US attorney's appointed. Plus we'll talk some more about the Big mac Bridge, which seemingly, according to Brian Hambrick, might be some good news and more. But do not believe that somehow you and I paying in Ireland some fifty thousand dollars to advance transgender rights in Ireland is a good use of your money. They've more than doubled the spending on US eight in the past four years, more than double the spending and somehow it's got to stop. So let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham, the Great American. By the way, the Xavier fan who got sideways with the head coach of Georgetown is a prominent financial planner who maybe have some difficulty in the future. He may be banned from the Xavier Games. Bill Cunningham with you every day your home of the Reds. He's Radio seven hundreds. Wow, Billy Cunningham, the Great American. And all hell's breaking loose everywhere, more high speed chases on the rims. We have schools being shut down, mainly in northern Kentucky. We have immigrant rights groups showing up in the city Hall eight o one Plum Street demanding their rights. In fact, one of the lawyers said, quote, no legal way to come to the US. There's no legal way to come here, so you have to come illegally. And Michelle let me Kearney, the vice mayor kind of the vice president, is having a form for those individuals. And of course Brian Hamrick is on top of all this, and Brian, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. But first of all, this afternoon the issues, knowing that Kentucky and it may spread across the tri state give the American people a full report.
Speaker 4: Well thanks again, mister Cunningham. Well, I think one of the things we're seeing a lot. I was seeing a lot.
Speaker 1: Of flu out there.
Speaker 4: That's the flu has flown into the area again. And well they get schools shut down in Newport, Edward's schools up in uh up in Trenton are closed, just a number of people. I just talked to a doctor Robert Cincinnati Children's Hospital, and he tells me that they're seeing an uptick. In fact, they're saying, if and unless you've got an actual emergency, do not come to the emergency room because they're just jammed. They'll take you, but you're gonna wait for a long time. And uh, they're they're suggesting they got this, They've got an app and then they've got another link you can get and do a virtual visit, you know, if your kid's just sick and you want, you know, see if you can get a prescription or whatever, and they can visit that way. And they say that's a real shortcut. So that's what I thought. That was a real good tip if you wanted, you know, if you're thinking about going and you got a sick kids, and you're like, I don't want to go, and then you got to sit in the waiting room and then you don't know what else everybody's getting. That's a real good way of doing it. So that's what's happening out there. As far as that goes. They're seeing some other things out there. There's you know, nora virus or some covid still floating around with the big things. Just a regular influenza, but apparently it's a nasty one this year if you get it.
Speaker 1: Well, we had bad weather for so long everybody was inside. Been a little better recently my right now it's cold, a little bit of maybe freezing rain later on. But people get together and that's what happens human beings, and you're developing immune system and away you go and I think I had something, and what do you do? You just ride it out after three or four days, stay liquefied, and the way it goes, so about.
Speaker 4: All you can do. It's a virus. There's really nothing they can help you with. You're just kind of on your own with it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Two issues are percole One. You're on the big mac bridge big time, and I can recall about two or three months ago your governor of mine, maybe not your governor, my governor Mike the Wine because you live in Kentucky, announced that he believed, according to Brian Combs, you ran the piece a couple of days ago, that the bridge would be open more or less the middle of February. Next week will be the middle of February, and Brian Hamrick, how are we looking.
Speaker 4: Well, it's kind of like forecasting, you know, the weather two or three weeks from now. It's a little it's a little murky when you get that far out. But I talked to some of these folks yesterday I think it was Monday maybe that we talked about where they are and there I had a schedule, and the schedule that O DOT had given most recently was early March on that but being ahead of schedule and then listing out the things that they had to look at, like they still got to wait for the concrete secure and the last of it was poor I think over the weekend. So that's seven to ten days, so you're in the middle of next week, you know, for that year, they still have to do the inspection. That's another two days of inspection and then there's some ancillary things they've got to They've got to groove the pavement, they got to put striping on it, they gotta put up some signs and some fencing and it. You know. So but the time you calculate it out, you know, I don't I don't have you know, the inside meeting schedule here, But I'm thinking maybe two weeks on that. That's kind of a prediction. So I'm thinking maybe we will be somewhere around the middle of the middle of February, maybe pushing a little bit to the end of it, but I think they're going to get it done ahead of that early March day.
Speaker 1: It's amazing what you can do. When I watched the oven they put around the poor of that concrete and these these men are up there in the it's an amazing scene to watch. And you were right there and in the epicenter. Unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got to go up there, you know, and kind of look down through and see this thing. So that's basically what they've done. They've they've made like an easy baked project out of this because it got so cold and this concrete has to be between light and they got seventy and one hundred degrees to cure properly, and it wasn't going to be even close to that, you know, it was in that thirties and even with the nice day, we didn't hardly get up to seventy. So what they did is they put these massive heaters down there that you know, like frank out, you know, hundreds of thousands of BTUs and they got a bunch of them just baking that under there, keeping it in exactly the temperature they want. They've they got basically what amounts to a meat thermometer going into the submit, so they know what the temperature is and then they can control that exactly what they want and they cover it and so it's just kind of in there like you know, like you put biscuits in the oven and it's just baking right now. And the main part is done. That that huge part that you see that we're going to drive one that's done. There was another like a connecting layer and that was the last piece that they put down, so that has to cure. There are also some side places that got damage and they had to take those out. Yeah, so those are still curing. But all in all, that should be done because they have complete kind of control over how long that takes now because of that kind of oven situation they set up there.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. No one saw this one coming on Halloween night. This was like impossible and all of a sudden out of nowhere, kind of like the brent Spence Bridge. Yet about a week ago when that knuckle had stuck underneath the bridge. Now last night you had another knuckle head driving on rims on the Brent Spence Bridge. Unbelievable.
Speaker 4: What is that a magnet for criminals all of a sudden turned on the criminal magnet. I mean, how long has it been the bridge been there? I can't remember the last time we had a criminal on the bridge at the bridge at the same time. So I was like, oh, that was really weird. The guy goes over there like batman, trying to get over the side and then get you know, underneath of it, and you know, it's like, well, that was really weird. Then what we got a week or so later, we got more people going across trying to run from out in Deerboyne County, and they got them. They finally caught up with them. They're trying to drive with these stopsticks apparently wound up around the wheels. I mean, uh yeah, so I don't know what's going on over there. What how come they all think they got to go to the brit sprintce Bridge. But you know, it's the worst possible place to have a crime scene because everybody in town then has to be affected by it. You know, if you're driving north, you're driving south, they got jammed up either way. Then you're what are you going to go over to four seventy one. You can't even get south found over there. Then you go through town, then it jams up all the other bridges. So everybody in town gets affected by a couple of knuckleheads that you know, decide they're going to run for police and go right toward the Brince sprintce Bridge.
Speaker 1: You know, stupid criminals. But right the main reason I called you this afternoon, it's about your story on Channel five about Michelle lemon Kearney bringing in immigrant rights individuals. And I've said many times and I'll keep saying it, if I was in Mexico or if I was in Peru, I would do my damnedness to come into the United States of America. I would absolutely do my best however, the law must be followed. And so when I speak to democratic politicians, and I have many friends, I wouldn't call me yesterday kind of said, how, well, get off the record. I won't give the name, of course, how we're going to handle this because I don't want to get in the crosshairs of Donald Trump's Department of Justice and explain what happened yesterday. One of the lawyers for the immigrant rights group said, there's quote no legal way to come to the US, which I don't think is accurate. How to describe you were there what happened?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I think so they had a lot of speakers. Everybody who spoke was, you know, kind of in favor and support the immigrant community this out there, and so you didn't have you know, you didn't have you know, you're talking about something that happened in downtown Cincinnati. You know, you don't have kind of Trump supporters or far kind of the more right wing part of the country that's down there speaking. So you had mostly the folks that are from the city that are talking, and and there's a lot of support for the measures that they're talking about.
Speaker 5: But what they're talking.
Speaker 4: About at this point, what jam Michelle Kearney, the Vice Mayor, has proposed it is an outreach that at this point is just in terms of information, just letting the folks that are immigrants know they're legal rights within you know what they you know, there's they have rights, they have their legal courses that they can take, and they're just trying to say, hey, look here's what you can do. So they wanted to have a system run through the city gives them that information, whether it's a legal advice or legal options, financial options that they might have that are already out there. That's where they were yesterday. That's what went through the Neighborhoods, the Healthy Neighborhoods Committee passed out of there. It's going to full council today. But I talked to some of the folks on council and they are saying, you know, we might be looking because I said, there were folks that spoke. You know, you sign up and you speak ahead of time. There were several folks that spoke and some of them mentioned, hey, there needs to be a financial component to this to help some of these families that are struggling here and are having to you know, go through and jump through different hoops because of what's happening at a federal level. That didn't get any traction yesterday, but it sounds like it might get some traction as they discussed this farther and there may be an effort to see if there are funding sources in the city that could help out some of these families. That's a whole different level to this that they You know, so far, it's just been outreach and giving information. But you know, if you start spending money, where's that money going to come from? You know, what's going to happen to the program that you're shifting that money from. You know, how can that be done? And I think those are some of the questions are going to answer or try and answer, and see what the feasibilities are and what's the appetite for that down at city Hall.
Speaker 1: And you know, popularity wise, I cannot conceive of anything more unpopular than assisting career criminal aliens that are here illegally committing crime. Cincinnati doesn't have nearly the problem that other major American cities have, but we have a small difficulty. I know in Boone County. I think that's where you hail from. Brian Brian Hamrick. The jail has got thirty to forty illegal immigrants, Butler County has a bunch to be shipped out. Now, the issue becomes when you're arresting a career criminal or rapist or murder a child trafficker, and there's two or three other people there, and the coup will say, ice will say do you have your can I see your ID? And from that begins the process of saying I'm here illegally. Now that's the problem. I don't think it's a problem because you came here illegally and if you want to make refugee claims, do it from your home country, which is the way it ought to be done. But to have Democrats on council act as if Trump is not enforcing the law when he is first president in a long time. I think to spend city money, I think the city taxpayers would say, wait a minute, what the hell are you doing spending our money to provide thousands of dollars of aid to illegal immigrants that are here and should not be here. How popular would that be among the people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is the question that they're going to have to find out. You know, it would certainly be you'd have a lot more opposition if this were to happen, you know, in Boom County or in Grand County, or I think any of the outlying counties, you know, Warren or even you know, Butler County, in Hamilton County or in the city of Cincinnati, there may be more, uh, there may be more support for something like that. But I don't think it could go in any of the outlying counties, but but certain maybe not even in parts of Hamilton County, but in uh, you know, in the city, Uh, there may be more. There may be more of uh more support for something like that.
Speaker 3: I will have to see.
Speaker 4: I think that's part of it that, you know, part of this kind of new world that that you know, everybody's living in is that they're trying to find out, you know, what is the stable ground here, what can we welcome I And you know, I've talked to some of the folks down there as well who are concerned, you know, about they don't want the city to become a lightning rod. It's already a sanctuary city that hasn't changed, and so there's certain things that you know, the Trump administration has said that is not going to happen if you are, you know, kind of the I think the way they look at it is you're aiding and abetting some of these these folks that aren't supposed to be here, and they're gonna, you know, tighten down the the uh, the purse strings. And that's the main thing.
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 5: It's money.
Speaker 4: They're concerned about federal funding, and so how do you know, I know, the mayor spoke out, you know, he said, look, I'm a son of immigrants, and I think I should support immigrants. But he was also saying, I'm going to follow the wall.
Speaker 5: We're not gonna do.
Speaker 3: That, he goes.
Speaker 4: So he's basically saying he's in a spot where he's got to protect the city in terms of getting the federal funds, even if he supports some of the things that would require not getting federal funds. So that's the kind of situation that he's in. And I think the city council is going to find themselves in that same position as well.
Speaker 3: And I think.
Speaker 1: Everybody's aware of that.
Speaker 4: It's just they don't, like I said, they don't want to create too much attention. You don't want to draw attention to yourself. But I think they still want to try and do some of the policies that they said they supported. So it's we're going to see where it come down here before long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to run, Brian Hamrick. But I'll tell you what. The Democratic politicians that have sanctuary cities and provide protection for illegal is going to have a major problem when we have a new US attorney to be appointed in the next month. But Brian Hammrick, we have to run once again. Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, and let's do it again.
Speaker 4: Thanks again much for Cunningham.
Speaker 1: God bless America. Let's continue. News is next to More, It's your home of the Reds. News Radio seven hundred WLW. No great nation will beat us. We will fall from within like a cancer with radiation and chemo. We're going to have all kinds of difficulties. And it worries me that will grow throughout the body politic and that will be left living in some sort of escape from New York, It'll be escaped from Cincinnati. Yes, I'm concerned, and yes I'm pissed off, and yes I want to do better. Let's talk about Halloween. Oh hello, quiet, and I'm Scots. I'm broadcasting. I don't. I have no idea whether it came. I think about this, and then let's talk about Halloween. What what Halloween? AI? That's all AI, that's all segment. How close are we now to red spaceball? This this afternoon is going to be rough on the highways. Cold temperatures may be freezing rains in Middle Tucky. Talk about the Reds. Give me into the Stooge report.
Speaker 9: Please, will he the stuture reporters approach service of your local Temestar heating and air conditioning dealers. Tamestar quality you could feel in beautiful northern Kentucky called Johnson Heating to COOLi at eight five, nine, four, seven to two sixty fifty one spots.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Roxy.
Speaker 9: It's fifty days, will he fifty days until opening day? Reds pictures and catchers are sport to spring report to spring training camp on Monday.
Speaker 1: Seven weeks and one day.
Speaker 9: My speech is getting ready and happy birthday to Nicolodolo today.
Speaker 1: How about that? We need them bad?
Speaker 9: College basketball tonight though Cincinnati Bearcats out to snap a four game losing streak. They're on the road in UCF tonight six thirty seven under WLW Cleveland State and NKU at six thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty Tennis News Willy. The twenty twenty five edition of the Cincinnati Open be the largest in the tournament's history, with more players, matches, days of competition, and entertainment. The Attorney takes place now over fourteen days, up from nine. The men's and women's singles field increases from fifty six to ninety six players, and the Cincinnati Open is going to begin on Tuesday, August fifth and run through Monday, August the eighteenth. How about that two weeks of action, just just like the uh, you know, just like the US Open.
Speaker 1: Sounds good. Let's see what else?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 9: In high school basketball, Wes say, congrats there. Winton Wood senior guard Christian Wilkins fifty two points Tuesday night in the victory he had including twelve three pointers.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good segment. Pretty good. Sounds like you kind of ignoring the fight. Was there a fight last night with Georgetown's Ed Cooley and a dedicated Xavier fan under the basket? What can you tell me about that?
Speaker 9: I guess there was some kind of incident, Willie, I guess, so I don't know too much about it.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 9: I mean, all I worry about is Xavier winning, and you know, whatever happens happens.
Speaker 1: Can you see when tonight and then marshed for glory and regain what happened to them? Two months ago? They were top fifteen in the country, yep, and now they're like bottom fifteen.
Speaker 9: U c F is sixth and the Big twelve at four and six, and they come in at thirteen and eight. They've dropped two in a row. U SE's dropped four. And then of course Xavier won last night over Georgetown. Miami wins on the road at Central Michigan. Old miss defeats Kentucky. That's two losses in a row for the Wildcats.
Speaker 1: Willie Kentucky's going the wrong direction segment.
Speaker 9: Dayton Bete Davidson. So you know, I mean, you got to have some winners and losers, and right now some are losing and some are winning.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't care about the NBA, but Luca is gonna maybe play on Saturday with B Jay. Last night's game with the Lakers was unbelievable. Beat up on the Clippers by like thirty points. You're not much of an NBA fan, No, I like to watch everything.
Speaker 9: Apparently the I guess the Dallas Mavericks are giving I guess their season ticket base has gone to you know where, and they are they're giving I guess rebates to people who are giving up on their tickets.
Speaker 1: Kind of text here from Mike McCall, the great Xavier player, who says UCLA won again last night. Mick Cronin. Maybe Martin, how about that?
Speaker 9: He was you know, he wasn't doing who good a few weeks ago, and now they're playing.
Speaker 1: Well, playing well, they'd beat usc Right, what's in better more shape? Gaza or parts of Los Angeles Gaza or lost Goza? Nothing less?
Speaker 9: I mean, what the Trumpster wants to make Gaza like the Middle East rivi Era?
Speaker 1: Right? Good luck?
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm thinking, what what what? That'll that'll go over?
Speaker 1: Big? What's a big strip of land right on the Mediterranean? It could be fabulous? Was it gonna be like Las Vegas or something?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: It would take a couple of years just to get Bulldozer's in there and phill it. And where did two million people live in that rubble that I don't know? Somewhere? King of Dula coming next week to meet with the Trumpster to kind of work things out a little bit here it's not good segment. And right now the Trump Store, he wants to expand to Greenland, the Gaza's trip, the Panama Canal at all and maybe Mars, maybe Venus, I don't know, maybe Mars. I the guy's an expansion this mode right now, gotta expand. I say, somebody send somebody to Mercury. And what about Joe Burrow is some of his stuff was located with a diamond merchant in the Diamond District of New York.
Speaker 9: I guess they're dumping it off all over the place and they are.
Speaker 1: Joe Burrow may get some of his stuff back. Have you picked a winner for the Super Bowl? I went Philadelphia Fly. Eagles fly too. That's what I say too. I can't take it anymore, yep, I say that Eagles win, and so much for the Chiefs. Well, I hope Xavier doesn't come down too hard on this fan. There was no fisticuffs, nothing physical. This fan was yelling out a Georgetown player, Which doesn't the fan have the right to yell? I mean, assuming you're yelling and not getting in into the court or or not physically doing something, and like pushing, that's different. But this fan did not physically do a damn thing. And Ed Cooley, the losing coach of Georgetown, comes over to pick on the fan. And I hope Xavier doesn't overreact to this thing. The Big East may get involved.
Speaker 9: But I mean, I think I think, well, I don't think he was yelling at Ed Cooley. I think he was talking yelling at a player, and uh, you know, I don't know. I mean, I I don't know anything about it, Willie, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Aren't you supposed to do that if you're a fan, to yell what? What the hell?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Whatever? Whatever he was yelling.
Speaker 9: Ed Cooley didn't like it, So you know what I mean, it's after the it's after the fact, after the battle.
Speaker 1: Everybody's hyped up.
Speaker 9: They either win or lose, and you know, you you you yell that stuff and people are.
Speaker 1: Going to react, you know, Sam. I stand with the Xavier faithful. I stand with the Xavier fan who has every right to be in a seat that they probably paid thousands of dollars for to yell, scream, holler, and shout, don't go on to court, which he didn't and don't do anything physical, which he didn't, so Ed Cooley. They had had basketball coach of Georgetown took umbrage at it, and I think that's ridiculous.
Speaker 9: Welly, hockey to downtown in the ECHL the beloved Cyclones their home against the Iowa Heartlanders.
Speaker 1: All right, segment, give me out of the student's report, please, Welly. On this day of it's happy National Weather Person Day. We got pickleball coming up segment pickleball.
Speaker 9: And also National Girls and Women's Women in Sports Day today.
Speaker 1: How about men pretending to be women? Can they play too? Trump's Trump said? Trump's said the Olympics, the Olympics. He said good. He said men should be with men and women should be with women. You know what I'm saying. I got you.
Speaker 9: We leave out, We leave you with the immortal words of the stood report.
Speaker 10: We have the chance for severe weather this afternoon. Main impacts will be damaging wins.
Speaker 6: Have you rain and can't rule out the possibility of seeing some hell?
Speaker 1: Wow, it's going to be bad. Then I'm going to see hell? Okay?
Speaker 9: And was that Jennifer No? That no forgetting brave and Richard, I don't know where she's at anymore.
Speaker 1: I think she's left. Yeah, I think she left. Nine or nine stands for news hell hell, all right segment, Thank you very much. Coming up next to pickleball. What's happening in the Tri State with pickleball and more at show them the Reds, the Bengals and the Bearcats and God blessed Daver University fans out to be able to yell their heart out doing nothing else wrong, no profanity, and Ed Cooley got all mad. Bill Cunningham with you every day. You're home of the Reds Deuce Radio seven hundred WL. Bill Cunningham, the Great America. Of course, I got a press release here about a new pickle ball opportunity segment and Brian Combs go nuts over pickleball. It's called the Pickle Lodge and Aces Pickleball are teaming up with others to acquire the Eastern Hills Indoor Tennis Club. And the co owner is Mitch done with us? Now Mitch done? Welcome, I think for the first time to the Bill Cunningham showing, first of all, tell the American people that probably the fastest growing sport in America is pickleball. Why is that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: So It is absolutely the fastest growing sport because anyone can play it, so it has a much gentler learning curve than a sport like tennis. And so you see twelve year olds playing with their, you know, seventy five year old grandparents all the time, and that makes for a really social, cross generational experience that people really get addicted to.
Speaker 1: Can you tell us how it started the history of pickleball? It goes I now watch indoor pickleball, there's professional pickleball, pickleball, pickleball, pickleball. How did it begin? How did it get his name? That kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great question.
Speaker 8: So it started in nineteen sixty five on Bainbridge Island out in Washington. It was started by three dads who were dealing with some board kids when they were out for summer break. And they did what a lot of dads do, which is they created a game from scratch for these kids to play on Bainbridge. And they have to have a badminton court in their backyard which measures forty four feet long by twenty feet wide. And they created a new sport on that badminton court, and they named the sport pickleball after a concept called the pickle boat, which is kind of like the worst boat in a regatta. I imagine that boat that's just made up of you know, kind of the has beens, the extras, it's got broken parts hanging off of it, and that's called the pickle boat. So when they were looking for a name for this new sport they created, they called it tickleball.
Speaker 1: Did they trademarket trade name it? Are they making money off this or is it now ubiquitous?
Speaker 8: Well that's a great question. They did actually start a company called Pickleball, Inc. And they sold the very first pickleball set starting in the early seventies, and that company is still around, believe it or not. But as you can imagine, tickleball has changed quite a bit since and so there are a lot of companies that are into pickleball.
Speaker 1: So tell me about the Pickle Lodge and Ace's Pickleball Court Eastern Hills Indoor Tennis Club. Tell me what you've done there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so we are bringing sixteen individually fenced, cushioned courts with a full bar championship court with seating on three sides, a private event space, a kitchen, and expanded parking to what is one of the best indoor facilities in the whole city. That the Eastern Hills Tennis Club has been owned by the Clark family since the seventies and they have created a real tradition down there in a culture that we plan to continue. So it's going to be a different sport, obviously, but we're going to, obviously with open arms, welcome both the current members of Eastern Hills and lots of new people who want to play pickleball in a dedicated pickleball facility.
Speaker 1: And is tennis going away there only pickleball or both?
Speaker 8: Yes, tennis is going away at Eastern Hills. The good news is, though, there are lots of other indoor tennis clubs around the city, like Camargo Racket Clubs for instance, which is just about ten minutes away from Eastern Hills, where people can still play really high level indoor tennis.
Speaker 1: All right, And so when will it be open, if at all? When's the month of the grand opening?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so we hope to be opened by late summer or early fall. We do have some fairly significant construction to do inside the building, but when we open, it is going to be one of the best pickleball experiences in the country. You know, we are players ourselves. We are we are among the pickleball addicts. So we're basically just creating the creating the place that we want to play ourselves.
Speaker 1: And in fact it's a great sport of community event. As you say, you can play with your grandkids, and men and women play together. Orthopedic surgeons tell me it's good for business, and that's a good thing. And is it going to be a private or public deal? How does someone get in? If at all?
Speaker 8: Anybody can play at the Pickle Lodge. We welcome, We welcome anybody from the public. We do have memberships that bring the costs down for people though so so for us fanatics who like to play a lot. We have memberships that make their visits less expensive, and we also give them longer access windows to reserve courts, which bill as you can imagine this time of year, our courts are in great demand. The weather in Cincinnati is it's not very kind to outdoor pickleball, So that's why we started indoor pickleball to begin with.
Speaker 1: Well, Mitch, don may you have great success and fuel this great economy. It's great to invest in a project that gives a lot of hope and gives a lot of physical benefits to those who play. But once again, look forward to the opening August or September. And Mitch Dunn, you're a great American and thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show and informing the American people about the future of pickleball. Thank you very much, Bill, Bill, thanks for having me. God bless America. Let's continue with war news next to Hrome of the Reds News Radio seven hundred WLW. Billy Cunningham, the Great America. Of course, free speech is the elixir. It is the fluids, the water that makes our democracy work. Practically every country in the world does not give to individual persons, citizens the opportunity to practice free speech, and America is alone in that regard because, according to our founding documents, God Almighty gave us the right of freedom of speech, and government's role is to unclutter the paths so we can exercise those rights. I'm not sure that's happening a lot, but Trump's getting so much done. A New Media Research Center study shows that Wikipedia is blacklisting of right leaning media for being a cited source, contrast to eighty four percent of leftism media deems is reliable. So all kinds of activities by so called conservative media is ignored by Wikipedia. And joining you and I now is Dan Schneider, Vice President the Media Research Center, And once again, Dan Schneider, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. So which so called conservative right leaning media is barred from Wikipedia as a as a good source.
Speaker 5: Bill, the basic rule here is if you're a right of center media outlet, and now, of course that does not mean that you're that you're wrong. It just means that you know you've got to write a center point of view. But if you're a writer center media outlet with any significance at all, Wikipedia has you on their blacklist. And by the way, Bill, I'm not using that word on my own, that's the word Wikipedia uses. They literally have a blacklist where they say, if you know that you cannot be included in any stories about people that are on Wikipedia.
Speaker 1: Well let me give you from your column. The following media outlets are blackballed by Wikipedia. The list includes not exclusively, but includes Breitbart, The Daily Caller, Daily Mail, Newsmax, Christopher Ruddy's organization a n N, and the Media Research Center, which is your group leftist media like The Atlantic or Mother Jones, Pro Publica, the Guardian, NPR are given the green light. And so Wikipedia, as I understand it, is a private organization. But however, they fashion themselves as a source for information and they bar conservative media from being reliable. And what impact does that have on the American people getting needed information upon which they can cast an inform ballad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, you've just nailed it. You know, we're not saying that Wikipedia can't exist. Yeah, they've got pre speech rights too. They want to be a left wing news outlet, left wing information site. That's fine of the legality of it, until they start engaging in election interference, you know. And and companies can spend money on elections, but they've got to report with the FBC. But what they do is, you know, if they want to have a Wikipedia page about you or Donald Trump or Dan Schneider or anybody else, the only information that goes on on those pages is what is cited in the media. You've got to be a media outlet. So if Donald Trump is only being described on Wikipedia pages by the Washington Post or the New York Times or np R, then of course it's only going to be nasty horrible stuff about Donald Trump, and that's what's going on and built to make things even worse. If you do a Google search for say, Donald Trump or anybody else or any other singer idea, one of the first results the Google will give you is a Wikipedia page. So the worst social media platform out there, Google is in cahous with Wikipedia to make sure that people are only giving a hard left wing narrative.
Speaker 1: Well for Warren is forearmed, and I know that's happening repeatedly. I look at my Wikipedia page every now and then. There's some of it's accurate, a lot of it is not, and I will not go through the process of engaging with them and talking about what's in accurate. I just don't want to do it. But when you go to Wikipedia, understand what you're getting is often left wing news, left wing propaganda, and conservative media is ignored. So when you go to Wikipedia, that's what you're getting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And the way they've got it structured is that if you try, even if you try to amend your page, say and you decide to write a center media outlet that might actually have something nice to say about you, if that outlet is on their blacklist, you can't even offer the amendment. It is automatically rejected. It's spit out what like like fiddle. You know, they want to make sure that only the most pitful things are said about you on your own Wikipedia page.
Speaker 1: Let's move to issue. To Tim Graham this morning a post that PBS and NPR should be defunded. Five reasons to defund public broadcasting, and we as taxpayers, have paid for bad radio for a long time. It's very leftist. And he makes the point on your website that eleven percent describe themselves as conservative, twenty one percent of the listeners and viewers as middle of the road. Sixty seven percent of the listeners said their very or somewhat liberal, and they should pay for it. But Republicans are attacked by NPR and PBS regularly. We shouldn't have to pay for that, especially someone like Donald Trump. And I've heard this for the last twenty or thirty years whenever there's a Republican president, Dan Schneider that we're going to get rid of the public funding of PBS and NPR. First of all, tell the American people about the funding for these organizations and why they should not be publicly funded.
Speaker 5: All right, So there's this congressionally created corporation called the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. If you ever watch PBS or NPR goes into the MPR, you're going to hear some little things that says paid for by the corporations and public broadcasting. No, it's not, that's your tax dollars. The Corporation for Public Broadcasting exists because Congress and where you know pay uses your taxpayer dollars to subsidize this propaganda media. They don't even have the courtesy of saying paid for by your tax dollars. They why and stay paidful by the Corporation for Public Broadcasts. But we have got to end the existence of this thing, the Corporation for Public Broadcasts. If there are these radio stations and TV broadcasters out there are called NPR stations and PBS. You know, no, again we're not saying they've got those have to be eliminated. You know, any left he's got free speech rights too. We just shouldn't have to.
Speaker 3: Pay for it.
Speaker 5: But right now, over half a billion dollars of our tax dollars every year go to subsidize these things. And Bill what's also dolling is that NPR will falsely claim that no more than one percent of its operating expenditures come from taxpayer dollars, and that is just an absolute lie, because the way it's structured is that that corporation to public broadcasting, that vessel that's all about our tax dollars. It goes to a lot, you know, over one thousand public radio stations across the country that automatically then kick back those funds, do you know, the big NPR home office. So it's more like fifty percent of NPR's revenues come from our tax dollars, not one percent. They can't even tell the truth about how much money they take from us.
Speaker 1: Well, Dan Schneider, if it's only one percent, it should be easy to privately finance it. Accept the number. Okay, it's under one percent, we'll get rid of all the five hundred million dollars of public subsidies directly and indirectly. If it's under one percent, what's the big deal privately finance it the way you go? How about that argument?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: But exactly right. But of course as soon as we make that argument, then they try poverty and say, well, it's closer to fifty percent, you know, if they're new outlet, you think that they would actually present facts honestly, But of course they don't, you know, And this is ultimately what's so wrong about uncrmpds. They are just radical leftling propaganda mouthpieces, and our tax dollars should not have to have to subsidize their political agenda.
Speaker 1: You can only imagine the outcry if news Max and Breitbart and Daily Caller and and other so called conservative media we're being subsidized to the tune of five hundred million dollars a year. Number one and never would have existed for the last forty years. But number two, there'd be such an outcry, But it goes. I'm reading the column from Tim Graham. There's about one thousand and eighty five NPR stations in America. The state of New York has seventy three, California sixty to one, Alaska fifty three, and legislators in every state are likely to have public stations lobbing them for funding. So when this happens, maybe the whiz kids with Elon Musk hiding in an executive office building can do it quickly. But can you imagine what's going to happen? Can you imagine what's going to happen when all of a sudden, guess what, we have a situation now where NPR and PBS is defunded. What the hell's going to happen? Then?
Speaker 5: Well, the great Tim Graham has been exposing the radicalism of the NPRM can gests literally for over three decades, and every time he writes a story about this, we're accused of advocating for censorship because the left thinks that if we are not required to subsidize their speech, but that is censorship. The absurdity of the left they.
Speaker 11: Feel, how would they what would they think if if, uh, if we've told the liberals in America that their tax dollars have to subsidize say Fox News or or your radio station.
Speaker 5: I don't think they lefton like that very much. But they they insist that our tax dollars go to fund their efforts.
Speaker 1: That's a terrible problem. But uh, why do I have more hope today this is going to be defunded than I had before? Because I heard the same things out of the first Trump term, heard the same things under George Bush, who was a terrible president Bush forty three, and all of a sudden the vines, much like us AID is encircling the globe and they have all these special interest groups. They're raising money all the time to put some begs singing, uh singing, staying alive. And you got to contribute money. And if you contribute money, you get you get, you get an album or something. Are they going to go quietly into the night.
Speaker 5: Well, but it'd be easy to give an answer of the one wartine dose. But the reason those is having to kind of impack it is having today. And the reason the Media Research Center is having the kind of impact that we are today and trying to influence Congress sending exectivation is because the Biden administration was so gross in their overreach in censoring speech, and because then dr PBS and all these outlets were so disgusting in how biased that they were. That the average American has woken up and said enough enough of this, and as people learn more like how USAID has become so radicalized, where the American public is saying, let's fix it. It's about time.
Speaker 1: Some of the ridiculous spending we have in the media doesn't deal with the ridiculous spending. I watched CNN, so you don't have to. And most evenings they're talking about the USAID is keeping alive Africans, Asian South Americans and if we get rid of transgender show somewhere in Haiti, that that's going to destroy the health of the entire world. I don't think.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: There must be some good programs at USAID, but that the ones I've read about are ridiculous. It can't continue, and Media Research Center is there to keep an eye on it. You also have a column up a Media Research Center, which is very interesting that Colbert and Power avoid USAID's problem and attempt to save it from Trump. And so the media now is in a full panic mode. I watched Maxine Waters the other day, and I watch a couple of Senators AOC lose their minds over the fact that we're not going to have shrimp on treadmills running anymore underwater. We're not going to have that anymore. And basically Donald Trump wants Africans to die. He wants Asians to die. The worst kind of rhetoric. Ad on top of that Gaza when the President came out and said, you know what, that's great, great real estate. Make it the riv era of the Eastern Mediterranean, the media continues to go crazy. I'd look at the rubble there. I can't imagine two million people living there. Something's got to happen. Of course, the otherwise is to walk away and lead to your own devices, in which they'll be massive famine. On the other hand, you'd have to get to tie in of the imperants in other states. But is the media covering any of the moves in Greenland, Panama Canal or Gaza. Are they covering and objectively or she's simply making fun of Donald Trump?
Speaker 3: Bill.
Speaker 5: This is maybe the thing I hate most about legacy media. When a Republican, a conservative, Donald Trump, anybody on our side of the aisle does something, the legacy media's first story is it's outrageous that this one individual is going to be harmed by this action, as the post to the first story being, oh, this is why Donald Trump is taking the action. He is taking their day true story. They run on day one, Joe Biden does something, and for three days we hear about all the loverbole things. Joe Biden is Finally on day four, on page a twenty two, you get some little squib about how conservatives don't like it, but they completely ignore the day one story and immediately go into attack moments.
Speaker 1: Nothing's going to change with that, is it. I don't see the media saying, you know what, Trump was right. I'm willing to bet a hot fudg Sunday with somebody that NPR and PBS will be gone within two years? Am I right about that?
Speaker 5: From your lips to God's ears? And the reason the media today is doubling down on this isn't they can't reform, But it's because of that. When I say they can't, because their leadership, they're employees, they are all radical, and because they refuse to reform, they're being replaced. They're being replaced by podcasts, conservative media. Despite all the radical left efforts to shut us down, regular Americans are saying no more.
Speaker 1: Can't take it. And if regular Americans knew, they subsidized bad radio and bad television to the tune of five hundred million dollars a year, So for the last ten years, we're talking about five billion dollars, probably tens of billions over the past thirty or forty years. And if Kamala Harris had won the presidency, I guarantee you these things would be doubled and tripled. This censorship would continue, and PBS would be even better funded, and the newspapers would still be trying to exist and sites like yours who have more work to do. But the plan, the plan, hopefully is they have a cogent, functioning country that stays within its budgetary limits. And that's Donald Trump. But once again, Dan Schneider Media Research Center also a NewsBusters dot Org. It checking on every few hours great stuff up there and informs the American people what's happening when many times they don't have that information. And Dan Schneider, vice president of a Free Speech America with MRC, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, and Dan, we'll do it again. Thank you very much. Thanks Bill, God bless America. Let's continue with more. We have in Cincinnati some pretty good NPR stations with bad ratings, and every city in America where there are some fairly good NPR PBS stations that if you want to watch that stuff, do it, but don't let us pay for it. Five hundred million dollars a year is ridiculous. I'll just continue with more. Bill Cunningham, the great American with you every day, your home of the Reds News Radio seven hundred WLW. Hello, quiet, and I'm I'm broadcasting. You know, Rocky, I know you're a great fan, a great fan of Xavier basketball. You know what I'm saying. Yes, did you see last night as Xavier fan got into the face of Ed Cooley, who acted like a clown. The guy never left his seat, yelling and screaming at Georgetown players. Ed Cooley came over and ostracized him. I don't like that at all.
Speaker 10: I think you're supposed to show up and be loud and scream and enjoy your team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't get on the court, he didn't use for vanity, and he said he was insulting one of the Georgetown players. So off he goes.
Speaker 10: By the way, Tony Pike was spite spotted at the Xavier game. He may have may have teams.
Speaker 1: How did he get in?
Speaker 10: He's Tony Pike.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, but I mean the guy he was. You're sitting with Scott Wolf.
Speaker 10: He's a great man.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 10: Maybe they're talking about n I L. Maybe who knows? Who knows?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I know Little Rock wants some ni L money to go to whatever it's school. He wants some money, all of it, all of it, all of it, all of it. No college sports is so screwed up now I can't stand it.
Speaker 10: Go it's you wonder how it's going to be around. I mean, you wonder how the you know, the MAC and the you know those kind of conferences, those G five teams, how are they going to be able to survive in this world? Because you're damned if you do, Dan, if you don't, you in order to survive, if you're a MAC team, you got to take a risk on a kid who's maybe he's not a four or five star. You're probably not gonna get that kid. You got to take a risk on a three star that but you do your homework and you find maybe the okay, move this guy if we can develop and he can turn into something while you do the developing, and then the guy leaves. I saw a stat uh in some of his graduation. But of the twenty nine football players who were who who got first team All MAC last year, only four are coming back next year.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 10: Some of them have graduated right because they were seniors or six of year seniors, but a lot of them are guys that have simply gone to bigger schools.
Speaker 1: Believable, unbelievable, well ninety back. I don't know what to say, but you see about five years ago when you when Dan Hord had the Bengals in the Super Bowl and the Bearcats in the.
Speaker 10: Final, we were living large, weren't we?
Speaker 1: Uh bigger than Montana now and not so much. Plus, we got a news report that Senator Mitch McConnell tumble down the marble stairs. I saw him the Senate and uh, he needs to step down and give it to Rob Sanders. How about so I'll.
Speaker 12: Get behind that right now. Let's go at dinner. Yes he does, That's what I thought. Well, Walt's hitching Post is Rocky's favorite places place. Yeah, segment, get me into the stud's report, please.
Speaker 9: Will heave The Students Reporter is a proud service of your local Tamestar Heating and air Conditioning dealers. Thamestar quality you could feel on the beautiful east Side called Clement's Heating and Air nine three seven.
Speaker 1: Four four four forty four.
Speaker 9: Zero one spots. Will you college basketball tonight? Those Bearcats are out to snap a four game losing skid. They're on the road against the UCF Knights not good and six thirty here on seven hundred WLW. Cleveland State meets NKU at six thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Reds Pitchers and Catchers reports a spring training camp on Monday, fifty days, fifty days until the opening day against those San Francisco Giants seven weeks to one day. We also say a happy birthday today the Reds pitcher Nicolodolo, how old to say.
Speaker 1: About twenty five, twenty six. But he's healthy. That's all we care about.
Speaker 10: That's all it needs to happen. This thing stays healthy. They have a shot.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 10: It'll be like last year, in the year before and the year before.
Speaker 9: Let's see twenty twive. Twenty twenty five edition of the Cincinnati Open be the largest Attorney's history, more players, matches, entertainment, days of competition. The Attorney will take place now over fourteen days, up from nine. Men's and women's singles field increases to fifty six from fifty six to ninety six players, and the Lindner Tennis Center is like tripling in size. And the Cincinnati Open begins Tuesday, August fifth, with tickets on sale sometime next month.
Speaker 1: It's fabulous. A lot of money going into this thing. It's going to be wonderful.
Speaker 9: Cincinnati place to be great event EHL Hockey Tonight our beloved cyclos are in town to battle the Iowa Heartlanders tonight.
Speaker 1: Rok. What do you think about city council like Michelle lemon Kearney putting together symposiums on what to advise illegal immigrants to do when law enforcement arises and how much money do we have to spend on them when we have needs in the own city ourselves. What about that one?
Speaker 10: Clean the streets? That's what I wonder. That's not your job, it's political grand standing. Have on instead, have a symposium on what we can do to better clean up the streets, to make sure our equipment is not outdated and broken. That's what the taxpayers want. That's your job as city council, not to talk about rights for illegal immigrants.
Speaker 1: It's not your place. Segment your reaction.
Speaker 9: I agree wholeheartedly, will you? I mean, city's got to clean off the wiel from the streets. They didn't touch Mount Adams.
Speaker 1: It can't. I mean, you know, I'll just do something. How about rock spending fifty million dollars to fund condoms so the gods and men can have sex with women. Fifty million. How about one point five million to have Dei in Serbia's workplaces for seventy thousand for the production of a Dei musical in Ireland Dublin. Seventy thousand dollars to a Peruvian transgender opera dancer seventy thousand. I like that? Is that the US eight thing? Yeah?
Speaker 10: USAID, you read of them, and more came out today. Joni Ernst, the Senator from what Iowa right, uncovered some more. She is going into it. So there was a two million was spent by USAID to promote tourism in Lebanon. Now, how many people want to go go vacation? Come on, rock, let's go to USAID spent more than two million from Moroccan pottery classes. USID fenerled nearly one million into battery research on coronaviruses at the Wuhan Institute of Technology Virology. Excuse me, and then you see this one. This is a big breaking one. They've uncovered that eight million dollars of tax payer money went to Politico just last year. Now, what would I think we deserve eight million bucks if they're subsidizing radio companies and media companies. Where's my money, where's your money? Where's sex money?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What's the politic?
Speaker 5: Goal?
Speaker 1: Was the website where Washington Post New York Times reporter went to work when they lost their jobs, and so the government gave them eight million dollars to get out the word about Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton.
Speaker 10: Makes perfect sense. Let me ask you this. Here's an example. I was trying to think of a way to like, if say you had a store, you had a business, right and people were breaking into it. Okay, you hired a security company to come in and monitor the place and take video and all that sort of thing. Okay, and they find out who the criminals are.
Speaker 1: Who would you be mad at?
Speaker 10: Would you be mad at the security company for like, you know, doing their job of like finding where the problem was, or would you be mad at the criminals themselves?
Speaker 1: I'd be mad at the criminals. Yeah, we just had it report. Still right, it only makes sense. Fifty million dollars went to the New York Times. Now, how in the world are taxpayers paying the New York Times?
Speaker 10: And Chuck Schumer is out there losing his mind and Elizabeth Warren I got a soundbye, I want to play on my show. I mean absolutely losing their minds at people looking for government waste. They're they're blaming musk must doesn't have any power, he doesn't have any legislative power. He's simply been tasked by the president. Okay, and we knew this, by the way, Okay, it's not like this is something that came out of clear blue to find fraudulent spending, find waste. He can't do anything about it. He's tasked to find it. So they're they're crying about oh and unelected this and that it's simply a tool that the president is using. Why can't that this makes sense to me?
Speaker 1: Why does it make sense to these guys? And the other issue, the US Senate repeatedly asked USA and for its specific information about where the money's being spent. They were an independent agency now under the Secretary of State, but they were funded completely by we taxpayers, and they wouldn't respond to su poenis. They said, no, we're not going to tell you how we're spending your money. And now when the trump Ster locks them out of the building, they have a conniption fit. Where's the money for the bridge?
Speaker 10: They better strap it in. It's gonna be a long four years, maybe eight twelve years, but it's gonna they better strap it in because and also, I guess we're turning the Gaza Strip into mar A Lago, Mara Gaza. How about that one that came out yesterday. It's hard to keep up. It's just like boom boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 1: Trump Hotel Magaza Gazza, Trump Hotel Magaza CA. I don't know what to tell you. I'm betiful, beautiful. Well, we're going to expand to Greenland, Panama Canal, now Gaza and more to come. How about Madagascar in.
Speaker 10: Your lifetime, my lifetime, there's like luxury hotels and golf courses in the Gaza Strip. I mean, it probably ain't gonna have it, but it'd be it'd be hilarious if it did, and I wouldn't totally bet against it.
Speaker 1: You know, how many years have we spent talking about America's decline. Now we're talking about American expansion because the one man, he's only been there like two weeks and two days, and now we're expanding all over the world. And I guar I wouldn't bet against Trump and Gaza. No, I see it. But Greenland wants Greenland wants to join us. They're heading up with the Dutch. They don't care about Denmark and Greenland's forty five thousand people. Canada expand to Canada. There's the same number of people live in the whole nation of Canada live in California. So we're going to take over Canada, Greenland, the Gaza Strip to Panama Canal. We're expanding. We're not contracting manifest destiny.
Speaker 10: That used to be something that was looked upon with America manifest destiny right kicking ass like, mister ass.
Speaker 1: Now we're doing it. Now, get rid of the Department of Education, sending the money to the States, and locally determined how the money shows. Did you say? He said?
Speaker 10: He told, he said, I've advised onto him man to go in there to shut down the Department of Education. But then I want you to put yourself out of business. I want you to make yourself irrelevant. In other words, do the job and then get out of there and quit collect and checks like most of the bureaucrats down there.
Speaker 1: I can't take you any more. And she's still getting checks in the w w A and Vince mcmichley likely, Yeah, a lot of money, a lot of money. Right segment. What else in sports?
Speaker 9: That's about it, Willie, super Bowl coming up Sunday.
Speaker 1: Let's see what else that nobody cares? Nobody, I don't think so, rock what's on the big show this afternoon with you? If anyone?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 10: Well, first of all, so Eddie is still on vacation. He is on a cruise somewhere. Jason Williams, the Great Jason Williams was with me yesterday and he'll be back Thursday. But today Catherine Nero will be like her, Rocky and Catherine. Right out of the gate, we got Scott Wartman going to join us to talk about your boy, Mike dwines proposal to increase the the.
Speaker 1: Gambling that the sports books.
Speaker 10: What the percentages they take up to I believe forty percent to pay for your stadium?
Speaker 1: How about it? And also the marijuana situation, which is going to all these guys and men and women invest a big time in marijuana. They want a fifty percent increase in the state tax. Instead of going to local communities, it's going to go to the general fund that's got people panties in a wad.
Speaker 10: So between the doesn't at some point make it so expensive that people just go back to buying marijuana off the street the way they have for years and years and years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the last year three hundred million dollars has been taken out of the pockets of drug dealers. Three hundred million. But the state wants to be greedy and take more money, which raises the price, which means users of marijuana like a WEBN, those characters are going to be welcome to their friendly drug deal I'm just saying they're going to go back to their marijuana dealer and not use the state. So don't kill the goose that lays the eggs. Don't don't be an.
Speaker 10: You can share a sheep many times, but you can skin it only once and looks like they're trying to skin people.
Speaker 1: They're trying to skin it. And just let it happen for ten years and see what happens. The state's making millions and millions of dollars otherwise wouldn't have thousands of people are working. Three hundred million dollars taken out of the drug market illegally and put into the legal drug market. Now the state wants to be uh more. We didn't want more. A fifty percent increase of this, no more local government funds. It is ridiculous.
Speaker 10: And then also at four o'clock we have Chris Katz from KMBC Kansas City going to talk about the Chiefs and the Super Bowl and the Eagles and SEG's girl Tate.
Speaker 1: Well, she's coming to Cincinnati. She's going to pick up Joe Burrow's diamonds from the Diamond District in New York and bring them here.
Speaker 10: So what I mean we need something like that to happen.
Speaker 1: We need that. Yeah, she needs to come here for Freday about that other UC grad All right, segment, get me out of the Students Report, please, Pully.
Speaker 9: We say, on this happy National weather Person Day. Oh and also National Girls and Women in Sports Day?
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 10: But that has extra meeting today, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: We leave you with them. We leave you with the immortal words of the stood Report. I was a Deer Park High School, which honestly is not the strongest academic institution in the Tri State.
Speaker 9: What a minute, the investigation there some old cuts.
Speaker 1: No, Rocky, you told me the little rock may want to go to Deer Parks good academic and how much we got to talk to a few people, and Jim Stall is now in charge of Deer Park and we have Bengal players like Trey Hendrickson began to come to Deer Park to raise us some money, which I like, and we're going to do that in about two weeks. It nonetheless segment. Thank you, Rocky. Thanks your whole career. You have had so many great people help you win. So who is your favorite? Ref all the rest, all the rest to.
Speaker 3: Do the best?
Speaker 1: They call the game right away? Is there one that you give a Christmas card to you every year? Possibly? I'd love to talk to some of my teammates and then.
Speaker 5: You've tind of figured it out.
Speaker 1: How about that static of the last eleven pass interference calls, ten have been helping the opponent of the Chiefs of the last roughing the quarterback, only two against the Chiefs, but nine in favor of the Chiefs. The NFL wants Taytaya win. Want to beat the best.
Speaker 10: You gotta knock them off their pedestal and then they'll quit gritting the preferential treatment.
Speaker 1: Joe Burrow get his diamonds back and you'll be dating Taylor Swift by the start of the Bengals.
Speaker 10: How about so many different I have a like A like, dua lipa or something there.
Speaker 1: Now that would be some.
Speaker 12: You don't know.
Speaker 1: Live actions on seven hundred WL