Speaker 1: Jay in New Jersey. Jay, you're on another side of Midnight with Lionel.
Speaker 2: Hey lie in a lot. As far as the definition of communism, I think it's the religion of the malcontent, the religion of destruction. It's trying to destroy any society, and it cobbles together any kind of man.
Speaker 1: Not even close, not even with all due respect, with all due respect, with all due respect. When people have felt it was an economic theory, you're viewing this. See it's like when they talk about capitalism as as that and we say that's ridiculous. How is it defined.
Speaker 2: It's defined by the people that they get together anybody who has a grievance against a certain group or class, and they and they care to their their their grievances and channel it towards destroying and building their own vision of a utopia.
Speaker 1: Not even not even remotely close, not even within, not even in the ballpark. Let's try again, what is communism. You're on your you're there's an exam, and you want to get an A. And we're saying, now, listen, don't give us your opinion. Tell us what it is, what it's supposed to be theoretically. Let's try one more time. What is it?
Speaker 2: It's a religion, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: It's no, it's not even a religion. Now that's three times. Now, Now have you given this any thought, my dear friend.
Speaker 2: This is this is a Yeah, I've given a lot of thought. I've read a lot, and I've.
Speaker 1: Read a lot, and you've read somebody, and you've read suggest somebody's sayings. And by the way, I am I am absolutely in no wise interested in living in a communist society. But I do know things about cancer. I don't I don't want to get cancer either, but I know what it is. So I don't you read somebody say that communism is a religion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, communism isn't just a better economics. It's not about anything. Communism is all. That's why you see the people that are pro Palestine coming along with the people that are you know, anti pro abortion, and you think.
Speaker 1: This, you think this, wait wait, wait wait, Communism, Palestine, pro abortion, communism work with me is a political right and an economic, very important ideology that seeks what what does this seek? A classless society?
Speaker 2: Which no, it's hard beyond that.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, this is no you're not you're not even Oh my god, it seeks in which the major means of production. This is what it is, such as you know, factories and land and natural resources are owned collectively rather than privately. This is the first sentence before we get you to palitarian and Palestine. And this is before any of this stuff. Then there's Marxist theory. What is that in? In Marxist theory, communism is supposed to emerge after capitalism and socialism, and then private ownership of of you know, property disappears, economic classes disappear, and eventually the state is supposed to kind of wither away. So it's just it takes over. So I if you want to, if you want to just say that about a particular group of people that are wrong, just say it. But don't call it communism, just like if you were to call it, you know, an arco syndicalism. It's also not that it might be wrong, but it's the wrong name.
Speaker 2: Lestism is communism line or it's the same thing.
Speaker 1: No, it's listen listen, Jay, Jay, Listen, Jay, I appreciate this. Call me again, my friend, listen. I appreciate this. And if and if you like this stuff, I am if you want to talk about how we are to avoid communism and why it's very scary. Yes, but not that we have to stop with bumper sticker, playbook, cookie cutter, echo chamber drivel. It doesn't help. It makes us sound what's the word stupid, And anybody listening to that says, it's kind of know what he's talking about. He doesn't know what he's talking about. It's just it's it's like, I remember one time we were talking for some reason, I don't know why. The subject, interestingly enough, was cancer, and people on a show called him and says sugar causes cancer. And they just started making this a what well, I knowed it's good for you, sugar, sugar is cancer. I mean, they just it was a kind of a cobble together or saying